PDA

View Full Version : TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #23

Pages : [1] 2 3

imamaze
05-09-2011, 11:08 PM
Holly Lynn Bobo was last seen early on the morning of April 13, 2011, outside of her home in Darden, Tennessee. She was seen being led away from the carport of her home toward a wooded area by a man described as approximately 5'8" to 6'0" tall and 200 pounds, wearing camouflage clothing.
Holly Lynn Bobo was last seen wearing a pink shirt and light blue jeans.
http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/holly-bobo/image_thumb http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/holly-bobo/bobo_h3.jpg/image_thumb

Thread #1 Thread #2

Thread #3 Thread #4

Thread #5 Thread #6 (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6353943&posted=1#post6353943)

Thread #7 Thread #8

Thread #9 Thread #10

Thread #11 Thread #12

Thread #13 Thread #14

Thread #15 Thread #16

Thread #17 Thread #18

Thread #19 Thread #20

Thread #21 Thread #22

-RUMORS are not allowed and will be removed.
-It's fine to discuss the brother and anyone mentioned in the media and tied to this case. Its not ok to talk about him or anyone as a suspect or POI. No one has been named as such.
-If you are new to us here, please take a moment to review our Terms of Service and Rules, especially the piece regarding social networking sites (Facebook and Twitter):
Rules Etiquette & Information
STOP FLINGING MUD AT HOLLY'S FAMILY REGARDING THE T-SHIRTS! End of story.

Professional Posters & Verified Locals/Insiders

Holly Bobo Map (http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0&msid=218199748434644937742.0004a0e4115bf271e54ae&hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=35.679217,-88.175486&spn=0.007617,0.013057&t=h&z=17)
Created by Hollye Thanks!

Some blog sites are not allowed to be linked to because of so many rumors being posted on them. Please pm a Mod if its not posted below to see if they are allowed.
The following blog sites are allowed to be linked to:
Case Signal (BeanE's site)
Val - The Hinky Meter
Amandareckonwth's case archive site - Crankycrankerson
Patty G's Video Library site
Please continue here!

cluciano63
05-09-2011, 11:16 PM
And you still have America's Most Wanted, who is at least supposed to work closely with LE to some extent, still preferring the sensational, with the "dragging" and the "home invasion" on their site...after a month of LE denying those two terms.

wfgodot
05-09-2011, 11:48 PM
To be fair to AMW, which seems to have done much good when working closely with LE, TBI has not issued a press release making those corrections (though they have of course done so orally). Perhaps a phone call would do the trick. A television show can be an excellent tool in an investigation. As it stands, this TBI press release is still the only one which mentions anything about the crime as it unfolded:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
APRIL 13, 2011

MISSING WOMAN FEARED TO BE VICTIM OF HOME INVASION KIDNAPPING

Nashville, Tenn. - The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation and the Decatur County Sheriff’s Office are actively looking for leads in a possible home invasion and abduction of a 20-year-old Darden, Tenn. woman from her home this morning.

Holly Bobo was last seen by a family member being drug across the carport of her home on Swan Johnson Road toward a wooded area by a man wearing camouflage clothing. Holly is 5’3”, weighs 110 pounds and was last seen wearing a pink shirt and light blue jeans at approximately 7:30 am. The TBI’s Violent Crime Response Team is responding to gather evidence at the scene. Currently, there is no vehicle information available. Anyone with information in the whereabouts of Holly Bobo is urged to call the TBI at 1-800-TBI-FIND.

The other press releases, the latest as of this moment dated April 19, can be found here:

http://www.tbi.state.tn.us/news_room/press_release.shtml

Tugela
05-10-2011, 12:03 AM
To be fair to AMW, which seems to have done much good when working closely with LE, TBI has not issued a press release making those corrections (though they have of course done so orally). Perhaps a phone call would do the trick. A television show can be an excellent tool in an investigation. As it stands, this TBI press release is still the only one which mentions anything about the crime as it unfolded:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
APRIL 13, 2011

MISSING WOMAN FEARED TO BE VICTIM OF HOME INVASION KIDNAPPING

Nashville, Tenn. - The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation and the Decatur County Sheriff’s Office are actively looking for leads in a possible home invasion and abduction of a 20-year-old Darden, Tenn. woman from her home this morning.

Holly Bobo was last seen by a family member being drug across the carport of her home on Swan Johnson Road toward a wooded area by a man wearing camouflage clothing. Holly is 5’3”, weighs 110 pounds and was last seen wearing a pink shirt and light blue jeans at approximately 7:30 am. The TBI’s Violent Crime Response Team is responding to gather evidence at the scene. Currently, there is no vehicle information available. Anyone with information in the whereabouts of Holly Bobo is urged to call the TBI at 1-800-TBI-FIND.

The other press releases, the latest as of this moment dated April 19, can be found here:

http://www.tbi.state.tn.us/news_room/press_release.shtml

There is no such word as "drug", its "dragged"

FXSTS
05-10-2011, 12:23 AM
There is no such word as "drug", its "dragged"
That is the first statement of fact that is not open to discussion or interpretation since the case began. :great:

Stolly
05-10-2011, 12:30 AM
Something I don't get, why was the lunch bag / duct tape found and a backpack wasn't found?

When I was in school I never went to class without a backpack. I'm assuming it wasn't in the car, or next to it or else the brother would have likely cited that as a reason for concern. Something along the lines of "I saw her backpack next to her car."

What does an abductor do with (potentially) the heaviest thing the victim is carrying? You would think they would have her drop it early on in the abduction. That would have left a trail to follow, and that meant that the lunch was not in the backpack.

Thoughts? Did I miss something and the notebooks were next to the vehicle?

liljim
05-10-2011, 12:32 AM
i agree stolly. i would have expected many of the items to never have made it out of the carport, and i find it quite odd that they were found so far away.

sleuthan
05-10-2011, 12:37 AM
Any updates on the body found in Cumberland river?

liljim
05-10-2011, 12:41 AM
Any updates on the body found in Cumberland river?

im fairly certain that no information/identity was released regarding this today.

cluciano63
05-10-2011, 01:14 AM
One thing I do not understand with this case, in particular; LE has asked people to consider odd behavior of people they know, car washing, etc...but never asked for anyone who had seen Holly in the day or two leading up to the 13th to contact them. In most missing persons cases, LE would want to interview people who had seen her or had contact with her, in case someone had noticed anything unusual as far as an unknown vehicle that followed her, a person who left when she left, etc...even if they do have a suspect, (of which I am doubtful at the moment) they would require witnesses to any events that might have led up to the abduction and memories do not improve with time.

What is the big deal about where Holly was on Tuesday, for instance? Or whenever she last left the house? How could making that information known, or at least asking for it without making it known, compromise the investigation?

SmoothOperator
05-10-2011, 01:17 AM
Originally Posted by Some Beach from Thread#22

I'm not at all certain how anybody is judging that somehow the local law enforcement could be doing more than they are doing.

I too, am disappointed that they haven't released more information to the public, it might help me to sleep at night...or NOT. But I have to believe that there is indeed a methodology in play here and they ARE experts and professionals that know what they're doing....and in the end, this isn't about me or what "I" want.

My post from Thread #22 where I referred to the Kim family tragedy, the awesome strides in technology that sometimes go unused due to lack of knowledge or training, as well as tactics that were spoken about in others posts in Thread #22,more specifically tactics already proven positive to assist in bringing resolution to a case as well as justice served on the perp..

All of those relevant and valid points that I posted were not in any way being judgemental nor even the least bit of disrespect toward anyone but rather were discussing the very valid issue that it is proven positive in cases when new, non-routine[so to speak] SOPs are used involving the community...{I'll not waste space repeating what was discussed in the last thread..it is easily accessible for anyone interested}

Again this was spoken about at length in the last thread..my post was only 1 that briefly touched on the use of new tactics involving community..Just as my post was in no way judgemental, disrespectful, or any other negative connotation so too were none of the other posts discussing this issue..All a relevant discussion..

Not sure what this statement means or is referring to..

.and in the end, this isn't about me or what "I" want.

But want to be very clear in my personal statements to which this above statement was made as a REPLY.. When "I" speak of what "I" personally may wish or hope for.. My adult discussions about ways that saving one, single, solitary life is worth any new changes, new tactics, and using today's up-to-date technologies..Sadly it wasn't done in the Kim Family's case though I certainly believe that afterward there were great lessons learned and they made the changes necessary to keep the same tragedy from occurring again..

Those changes are necessary..That is not being judgemental..That is stating fact..with our massively growing technologies change and keeping up with and being trained in the use and know how is necessary..IMO those changes are being done little by little, jurisdiction by jurisdiction.. What "I" stated that "I" wanted for there to implemented a type of mandate that would be in place to make certain that ALL JURISDICTIONS ARE UP TO SPEED.. If not IMO one loss of life is TOO MUCH and IMO unneccesary when we have the technology, the people willing to train others, and the ability for all LE agencies to be up to speed..

That is what "I" want..and what "I" want is in no way about me either..It is about those babies and those children that are on an extremely fast growing long, long list that there is not resolution for them or for their loved ones left behind..Nor has justice been served on the evil that abducted, abused, and murdered another person's child..

The list that Miss Holly Lynn Bobo is now on..The list that every parent's worst nightmare is for their child's name to be listed on..

When "I" personally speak about what it is that "I" hope for..or what "I want" it is not about me AT ALL.. It is about those missing, their loved ones left without peace of their child being brought home to them dead or alive, and living the never ending nightmare of the pain&anguish that is felt day in and day out from just NOT KNOWING..Those are why "I want" and discuss such topics.. in hopes there doesn't have to be unimaginable numbers of children still yet to add to that ever growing list of "Missing"/"NOT FOUND"..

No selfish or self-serving motives will be found that "I" discussed or stated that "I" want and/or hope for...

SmoothOperator
05-10-2011, 01:29 AM
One thing I do not understand with this case, in particular; LE has asked people to consider odd behavior of people they know, car washing, etc...but never asked for anyone who had seen Holly in the day or two leading up to the 13th to contact them. In most missing persons cases, LE would want to interview people who had seen her or had contact with her, in case someone had noticed anything unusual as far as an unknown vehicle that followed her, a person who left when she left, etc...even if they do have a suspect, (of which I am doubtful at the moment) they would require witnesses to any events that might have led up to the abduction and memories do not improve with time.

What is the big deal about where Holly was on Tuesday, for instance? Or whenever she last left the house? How could making that information known, or at least asking for it without making it known, compromise the investigation?

You bring up an excellent point.. Did you happen to read the article in "Ticklethewire.com" Re:Holly? it's the Feds online website that often have articles by extremely experienced and knowledgable Federal agents on cases such as Holly's and they went into detail about how it was imperative that investigators not only use the community in searches but in other ways such as what you are speaking..What was Holly doing in those days and weeks leading up to her abduction..

He said use the community and ask the entire community to go back to the last 30 days of their life and write down your timeline..write down anywhere you saw Holly at, crossed paths with her, or were with her..Have everyone do this who had any interaction with her in the last 30 days if even just in passing..It will put Holly at certain and specific places..certain and specific times..around certain and specific people..

He said this was key to solving Holly's case and that it must be done ASAP..He said any of the network leads would most likely play themselves out very quickly and this task involving the entire community is what should be done..Again stating it was key to finding Holly..

Lotsa good info and a great article..Am off to find the link now for any interested that may not have yet read it..

BRB..

Here's the link definitely worth a read IMO..
http://www.ticklethewire.com/2011/04...ursing-student

SmoothOperator
05-10-2011, 01:43 AM
im fairly certain that no information/identity was released regarding this today.

When just now reading your post I thought there must be a mistake in what you were saying.. I had a chance earlier today to just pop-in here for a brief moment and my entire reason was to see if the body had been Identified{as I've had just a gnawing feeling about this body found}..I read thru the last page of posts and saw it posted that the body had been positively identified and even gave the woman's name and age..I haven't given it another thought until just now when reading your above post..

And sure enough now in going back to Thread #22 where I read the post identifying the woman by name and age and you are indeed 100% correct that there has not been news of ID on Cumberland River body out of Nashville.. Someone had corrected the poster who had mistakenly confused another case and another body with the female found on Riverfront in Nashville by the dive team..

OMG!! I guess I have not been relieved of the thoughts of it possibly being Holly..Where did the info come about the female being a younger female[another post in this thread stated this info]..anyone know where or who released that info? That makes it even more worrisome if infact accurate..

Thanks for the info tho..Am sad though that it has not yet been resolved yet that it is not Holly..Will have to wait and pray..

Emma Peel
05-10-2011, 01:59 AM
Thread 23
for our dear Holly
bless & keep you and your loving family.

liljim
05-10-2011, 02:15 AM
smoothop - i have only seen news sources say that the body is female, i have seen people post that they have heard "younger" and that the hair was reddish blond, but i havent seen those details reported at any news sites.

liljim
05-10-2011, 02:37 AM
ok, now i cant even find the link that says it was a female body, can anyone?

thing is - i went to the only link i ever had and i swear it said woman before, and now it does not. can anyone confirm this?

im virtually sure that this is the link i went to, and it said woman/female;

http://www.wsmv.com/news/27815195/detail.html

EDIT - ok i found the link that says investigators say it is a woman's body , sorry to go on about this since it might not even be related.

http://www.newschannel5.com/story/14595923/dive-team-discovers-body-in-cumberland

nursebeeme
05-10-2011, 07:51 AM
Thread 23
for our dear Holly
bless & keep you and your loving family.
amen miss peel...

Ellebelle
05-10-2011, 09:29 AM
Sorry for the Off Topic but I thought maybe some of you from TN might be able to help spread the word about this and get these pictures back to their owners. My pictures mean so much to me!
Simply go to K-LOVE FB site and look at the pics below the albums and see if you know anyone. Thanks and sorry again for the OT!

https://www.facebook.com/?sk=lf#!/PicturesandDocumentsfoundafterAprilTornadoes?sk=ph otos

burbqueen
05-10-2011, 10:52 AM
Soooo...any significant updates??

Mountain_Kat
05-10-2011, 11:07 AM
Soooo...any significant updates??

I was just going to ask the same thing. I've had to scan the thread due to time contraints, but I haven't seen any news/updates that stood out. :(

concentric
05-10-2011, 11:11 AM
You bring up an excellent point.. Did you happen to read the article in "Ticklethewire.com" Re:Holly? it's the Feds online website that often have articles by extremely experienced and knowledgable Federal agents on cases such as Holly's and they went into detail about how it was imperative that investigators not only use the community in searches but in other ways such as what you are speaking..What was Holly doing in those days and weeks leading up to her abduction..

He said use the community and ask the entire community to go back to the last 30 days of their life and write down your timeline..write down anywhere you saw Holly at, crossed paths with her, or were with her..Have everyone do this who had any interaction with her in the last 30 days if even just in passing..It will put Holly at certain and specific places..certain and specific times..around certain and specific people..

He said this was key to solving Holly's case and that it must be done ASAP..He said any of the network leads would most likely play themselves out very quickly and this task involving the entire community is what should be done..Again stating it was key to finding Holly..

Lotsa good info and a great article..Am off to find the link now for any interested that may not have yet read it..

BRB..

Here's the link definitely worth a read IMO..
http://www.ticklethewire.com/2011/04...ursing-student

-----------------------
Is this the article to which you refer?

http://divorceinsandouts.info/column-ex-atf-official-offers-insights-and-advice-on-hunt-for-nursing-student-ticklethewire-com/

Wow, we must be pretty smart here at Websleuths. Most of that article is a pretty much a compilation of things we were posting about. It almost appears that we nailed some things before the article was written.

Here's just one example:
My post
4/17/11 - #235, Thread 4

Then when he gets to the car, he's got her hidden and he's also got a trailer for the ATV. I'm sure it's a regular sight around there.

wantsthemoon
05-10-2011, 11:11 AM
I think it was 21 days or so before they released the identity of Stephanie Higgins who's body was pulled from the river on Feb. 18th of this year. Hers was an apparent suicide but she had been missing since December 10, 2010. Gosh.. I hope they don't take that long on this last body found on May 7th.

Please Lord....let them find Holly. This is heartbreaking!

Oops...my bad...it was more like 14 days.

FXSTS
05-10-2011, 11:13 AM
Why wasn't the lunch box, "significant find",etc. found near the car? This has always bothered me. I don't follow a lot of cases like some of you do, but I just can't see her holding on to her lunch if she is "in fear of her life" at the time.

Why were the things found all over the place? Were they thrown out of a car during the abduction or did someone place them there after the fact? Some have said that it was to throw LE off their track but wouldn't it be better to
not leave a "track" at all and just bury or burn the stuff? Are they taunting LE? It seems that one would almost have to have a LE background to take these kinds of risks. But then again we're not dealing with normally functioning minds to begin with.

sleuthan
05-10-2011, 11:17 AM
When just now reading your post I thought there must be a mistake in what you were saying.. I had a chance earlier today to just pop-in here for a brief moment and my entire reason was to see if the body had been Identified{as I've had just a gnawing feeling about this body found}..I read thru the last page of posts and saw it posted that the body had been positively identified and even gave the woman's name and age..I haven't given it another thought until just now when reading your above post..

And sure enough now in going back to Thread #22 where I read the post identifying the woman by name and age and you are indeed 100% correct that there has not been news of ID on Cumberland River body out of Nashville.. Someone had corrected the poster who had mistakenly confused another case and another body with the female found on Riverfront in Nashville by the dive team..

OMG!! I guess I have not been relieved of the thoughts of it possibly being Holly..Where did the info come about the female being a younger female[another post in this thread stated this info]..anyone know where or who released that info? That makes it even more worrisome if infact accurate..

Thanks for the info tho..Am sad though that it has not yet been resolved yet that it is not Holly..Will have to wait and pray..
That post was I'n error the person who posted that was reading Annika article as many bodies are found I'n cumerland

Still not update or Id I'n recent body

norest4thewicked
05-10-2011, 11:34 AM
I think it was 21 days or so before they released the identity of Stephanie Higgins who's body was pulled from the river on Feb. 18th of this year. Hers was an apparent suicide but she had been missing since December 10, 2010. Gosh.. I hope they don't take that long on this last body found on May 7th.

Please Lord....let them find Holly. This is heartbreaking!

Oops...my bad...it was more like 14 days.

I would think that if it was either Holly or Shelley Mook that it would take a while to get everything set up to make a formal announcement because of the size of the case. And, I agree...it's heartbreaking.

Carla Lashelle
05-10-2011, 11:44 AM
Why wasn't the lunch box, "significant find",etc. found near the car? This has always bothered me. I don't follow a lot of cases like some of you do, but I just can't see her holding on to her lunch if she is "in fear of her life" at the time.

Why were the things found all over the place? Were they thrown out of a car during the abduction or did someone place them there after the fact? Some have said that it was to throw LE off their track but wouldn't it be better to
not leave a "track" at all and just bury or burn the stuff? Are they taunting LE? It seems that one would almost have to have a LE background to take these kinds of risks. But then again we're not dealing with normally functioning minds to begin with.

Its not really a box but rather a bag with a handle. It may have been looped on her arm. Or the suspect scooped it up when/if she dropped it. Or perhaps it was in a larger back pack. No one has said exactly what Holly had that morning.

Aside from the lunch bag we dont know exactly what else was found and where. Or if other items found are related or not. The bag is said to have been found by the side of the road and appeared as if it were tossed from a car.

Myself I do not believe things were intentionally tossed around to throw LE off. Thats pure hollywood IMHO. I do think probably some things got tossed as the suspect made his get away. That is common enough. No one has said if anything was found not alongside a road leading away from Hollys house.

Actually people that commit crimes like this are not crazy. They can show a lot of organizational skills, planning, etc.

cluciano63
05-10-2011, 11:45 AM
I would think that if it was either Holly or Shelley Mook that it would take a while to get everything set up to make a formal announcement because of the size of the case. And, I agree...it's heartbreaking.

I don't see why; I think it would be quicker if either of them were found, as I am sure they have identification tools ready. With Phylicia Barnes, the ID was very quick, once we heard that bodies were found; rumors came that same night, confirmation the next day, I believe.

Stolly
05-10-2011, 11:49 AM

I agree but I'm not holding my breath considering there are bodies found in the Cumberland river rather frequently (boaters, swimmers, those who take their own life). The sheer confusion when google searching the topic, and trying to find the correct story, is a testament to that. I'm still keeping all options open.

Carla Lashelle
05-10-2011, 11:50 AM
I don't see why; I think it would be quicker if either of them were found, as I am sure they have identification tools ready. With Phylicia Barnes, the ID was very quick, once we heard that bodies were found; rumors came that same night, confirmation the next day, I believe.

It doesnt take any more or less time to announce one body or another. I would think delays would come from difficulty in identifying a body. And its not like this body is a secret. The fact that it was found was already announced, so I do not see any reason to delay releasing the name when it is identified. DNA samples are great if you know who you are testing for. If its not Holly or Shelly they may be out of luck. Dental records are good if the person has them or, again, if you know who you are looking for. If its a body from upriver it may be from many many miles or hundreds of miles away. It could be someone not reported missing either. There is also the possibility that evidence taken from the body is being examained and any formal statements will come out after that work is done. IE examinging tape, etc.

concentric
05-10-2011, 11:58 AM
I just want to make a point about abductions. In 2003 I was part of a volunteer on-line discussion group about the disappearance of Dru Sjodin. We were in contact with the volunteer searchers in the field. During that time myself and others suggested that a specialized force be established to immediately respond to abductions, whether it be a child or adult. Some of our conversation centered around the latest technologies. Yes, they were using cell tower pings back then. I proposed the name "tool kit" or "tool box" to describe what I thought could be the refined set of strategies/equipment used in the future to find missing persons. I did some research on "breakthrough" technologies in Forensics. To my amazement one of the tools being used is a "Brain Fingerprint." Hardly anyone had heard about it yet.

In the Dru Sjodin abduction, LE knew about Rodriguez, the Level 3 sex offender released to the community, and they were tracking his movements. During this time, I was thinking that Dru could have been in Rodriguez's comfort zone, and that would be his childhood home area. This area wasn't open to the volunteers searching. However, the following Spring, Dru's body was found by, I believe, an ex-LE P.I. who got permission to search on Rodriguez' home turf, that is, when he was child. Dru's body was found in that area the following Spring by this P.I.

I guess, what I am, is confused. Hasn't the system improved for finding Missing Persons since 2003? I know since then an FBI Task Force was established, but why does it seem that no progress has been made in this area?

http://crime.about.com/od/news/a/dru_sjodin.htm

An attractive 22-year-old University of North Dakota student Dru Sjodin left her job at the Columbia Mall in Grand Forks, North Dakota at 4 p.m. Nov. 22, 2003 and was never seen alive again

WideOpen
05-10-2011, 12:16 PM
This websleuths community is not for the weak!

Praying Holly and others are brought home to their loving families. Bless you all who stay with the cases following through diligently. This is heartbreaking but I am feeling nauseated, furious, and drained. Shaking mad and in disbelief that our society is such a terrifying place for the precious. One after another they are taken from their loved ones... senseless, cruel, evil.
I'll take a little break and love my kids a little more. When it seems like there is nothing I can contribute my time is better spent holding them up.

Praying for you Holly, Hailey, Kyron

nursebeeme
05-10-2011, 12:40 PM
wow... I cannot believe there aren't any updates...

prayers for Holly

OldSteve
05-10-2011, 12:40 PM

Your point is most interesting! It's so spot-on that it bears repeating (hence my quoting it)...
There is something strange about this case and LE's approach that I don't understand...

concentric
05-10-2011, 12:41 PM
Maybe I'm wrong, but it must be a very complicated and time-consuming task to coordinate all the various agencies, private parties, etc. on an investigation.

I have a question. And no, I'm not going to do it, but, let's say a citizen decides to conduct his/her own search.

Would that person be arrested?

concentric
05-10-2011, 12:47 PM
I know if it was one of my children, I wouldn't let anything stop me from searching. I think an example of this would be someone like Beth Twitty, or the parents/grandparents of Joshua Guimond.

cluciano63
05-10-2011, 12:52 PM
Maybe I'm wrong, but it must be a very complicated and time-consuming task to coordinate all the various agencies, private parties, etc. on an investigation.

I have a question. And no, I'm not going to do it, but, let's say a citizen decides to conduct his/her own search.

Would that person be arrested?

Not as long as they did not trespass on private property. There was talk about some private searches last weekend or the weekend before. Anyone can go search, or just walk in the woods, as long as they are not trespassing. In fact, this is how missing people are usually found.

concentric
05-10-2011, 12:56 PM
The problem is "trespassing on private property."

liljim
05-10-2011, 12:56 PM
i cant think of any reason why this isnt ok to ask, so hopefully it is...

is there any chance the TBI would respond to the following two questions, lets say if someone like will nunley were to ask them?

1 - could they expand at all on the reason they have chosen to release so little information? nothing specific, nothing that interferes with the case, but just maybe a confirmation that it is due to some specific factors in this case, and not just a general strategy.

2 - could they issue a press release that contains all current information that they are able to confirm and release about the case? possibly mention all the speculation about certain individuals, float the idea that putting this story back on page one even if it isnt with any new information might help to shake something loose from the public, or even just mention that it has been some time since there has been any news.

i dont know anything about how news reporters interact with LE officials, would those questions just be ignored? they seem like really rational, possibly helpful questions to me.

but i really have no idea what im talking about, so you have to consider that i guess... ;)

OldSteve
05-10-2011, 01:00 PM

BBM

Interesting - at first I had this thought
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - TN TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #16
but as time has gone by, I would have thought more stuff would have been found if this was in fact an effort to make LE look foolish..

OldSteve
05-10-2011, 01:02 PM

is there any chance the TBI would respond to the following two questions, lets say if someone like will nunley were to ask them?

1 - could they expand at all on the reason they have chosen to release so little information? nothing specific, nothing that interferes with the case, but just maybe a confirmation that it is due to some specific factors in this case, and not just a general strategy.

2 - could they issue a press release that contains all current information that they are able to confirm and release about the case? possibly mention all the speculation about certain individuals, float the idea that putting this story back on page one even if it isnt with any new information might help to shake something loose from the public, or even just mention that it has been some time since there has been any news.

i dont know anything about how news reporters interact with LE officials, would those questions just be ignored? they seem like really rational, possibly helpful questions to me.

but i really have no idea what im talking about, so you have to consider that i guess... ;)

You hit upon another strange aspect of this case - no media pressure upon LE to hold news conferences, etc...

cluciano63
05-10-2011, 01:06 PM
It doesn't hurt to send emails to the media and ask them why they are not pressuring LE for updates...might not help, but it can't hurt.

I know if I lived in the community, I would be pressuring the media and/or LE for some sort of information or a PC.

Chili Fries
05-10-2011, 01:25 PM
In case this hasn't been posted...Holly will be featured on the Bring Them Home internet radio show tomorrow evening:

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/bringthemhomenow/2011/05/11/bring-them-home-now-exclusive-missing-holly-bobo-case

A family spokesperson will be interviewed. Not sure if that will be the guy we've seen before. Obviously the amount of information gleaned depends on the interviewee but the BTH show is often very interesting.

Trino
05-10-2011, 01:29 PM
Guess I've become negative about LE and Holly.

IMO LE wants the glory of solving this case themselves and are unwilling to allow others, especially outsiders, to get involved. I don't think they are keeping things close to their vests. IMO they don't have info enough to keep it close. Searches have gone in several directions, even from one county to another with no results of which we have been aware. No updates. No pressers. Nothing. Maybe I'll eat my words, but I just don't think they have much info toward solving this case. IMO they need to open this up and ask for outside help.

bobsmi
05-10-2011, 01:49 PM
Says volunteer searches will be reorganized if mass areas need to be searched.

http://www.fox17.com/newsroom/top_stories/videos/wztv_vid_7355.shtml

cluciano63
05-10-2011, 01:57 PM
Says volunteer searches will be reorganized if mass areas need to be searched.

http://www.fox17.com/newsroom/top_stories/videos/wztv_vid_7355.shtml

No offense, but even this article is a week old...:(

bobsmi
05-10-2011, 02:12 PM
I knew that, but the comment about searches is still viable, I would assume. I guess they feel the large areas of interest so far have already been searched.

AmandaReckonwith
05-10-2011, 02:20 PM
Holly Bobo case archive album:

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Holly%20Bobo%20%20-TN-/

Jo in Calif
05-10-2011, 02:20 PM
Do we know if LE never checked on what Holly was doing the day before her abduction, or the month before her abduction, no, does this mean they never checked, no.
Do we know if Holly's mother saw her on the morning of the abduction, no, do we know if LE knows this, I bet they do.
Do we know why Holly's parents aren't making pleas to the media, no, but I bet they know why they are not, and I bet it is in the best interest of their daughter and LE advising them not to.
The fact is we don't know what or why things are going the way they are in this case, but I don't feel like there is nothing but back woods LE working on this case, there is a reason why they are doing what they are doing and if Holly's parents are going along with it, it is good enough for me.
Yes it is frustrating, but what if it is in the best interest of Holly and not LE just wanting all the glory or them not having any information at all? Can we not accept that?
I believe that LE are more focused on what they are doing, than worrying about pacifying the public as to what is going on with the case.

cluciano63
05-10-2011, 02:25 PM
I honestly hope LE is on top of this case and knows what is what. If not, they will have a lot of catch-up to do, if and when they decide they do need more help from the public and their collective memories.

The only parties that can maintain public interest, and therefore create possible breaks, in a case are the families and LE. If neither is talking to the media or public, then there isn't much for any of here to even talk about. Holly is missing, the end.

concentric
05-10-2011, 02:31 PM
Here's an article about bodies being found in the Cumberland River because of flooding. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/05/03/cumberland-river-flooding_n_561129.html

IMOm If such a convenient means presented itself to a perp., I suppose he would take advantage of trying to remove evidence from the body and make it look like the body was in another location and just got washed away by the flooding. This has probably already been covered thoroughly by some of you and I failed to read all of the posts.

Carla Lashelle
05-10-2011, 03:33 PM
Holly's own page is private and there are some whack pages named Holly Bobo

grandmaj
05-10-2011, 03:37 PM
Holly's FB is private and thus cannot be discussed here, if not open to all to see.

The support/bash FB's do not meet our criteria for FB as spelled out in our rules and thus not to be discussed here.

Stolly
05-10-2011, 03:40 PM
I knew that, but the comment about searches is still viable, I would assume. I guess they feel the large areas of interest so far have already been searched.

BBM

I also think that perhaps LE believes any search after the recent rain storms and winds would most likely turn up items not associated with the investigation. I'm sure there is a significant amount of trash and other things people discarded that were moved around.

jabberwocky
05-10-2011, 03:49 PM
Holly Bobo case archive album:

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Holly%20Bobo%20%20-TN-/

Thank you Amanda for compiling this photo album. I haven't seen this video in your album yet. It shows Holly's spirit :)

http://www.youtube.com/user/09blondEE

cluciano63
05-10-2011, 03:51 PM
LE isn't talking; family isn't talking. I have to assume they have no need for help from the public and will sit back and await the reports of an arrest and the finding of Holly.

10EC_Dad
05-10-2011, 04:02 PM
LE isn't talking; family isn't talking. I have to assume they have no need for help from the public and will sit back and await the reports of an arrest and the finding of Holly.

I think the $80,000 reward is still offered. At this point, what can they say that has not been said many times? We do not know what leads remain unchecked or what pursuits are taking place.

Either they do not have the perps DNA or there are no matches on file. As time passes, how the lunchbox and possible other item of significance got to their found places is puzzling.

SunSoaker
05-10-2011, 04:36 PM
Do we know if LE never checked on what Holly was doing the day before her abduction, or the month before her abduction, no, does this mean they never checked, no.
Do we know if Holly's mother saw her on the morning of the abduction, no, do we know if LE knows this, I bet they do.
Do we know why Holly's parents aren't making pleas to the media, no, but I bet they know why they are not, and I bet it is in the best interest of their daughter and LE advising them not to.
The fact is we don't know what or why things are going the way they are in this case, but I don't feel like there is nothing but back woods LE working on this case, there is a reason why they are doing what they are doing and if Holly's parents are going along with it, it is good enough for me.
Yes it is frustrating, but what if it is in the best interest of Holly and not LE just wanting all the glory or them not having any information at all? Can we not accept that?
I believe that LE are more focused on what they are doing, than worrying about pacifying the public as to what is going on with the case.

True, we know none of the things you listed.

But, I disagree when it comes to LE, and what they do or do not know. As for the part regarding a parent in this situation following the advice of LE, and if it's in their best interest or not...I strongly disagree. Too much time has passed for that, plain and simple. In the beginning, yes. Now? No. What LE has been doing aint' workin'. Time for another approach. IMO.

At this point, nearly a month later,... I say LE, or anyone for that matter would have a VERY difficult if not impossible task of trying to get a Mother or family to sit back and just WAIT, silently if they believed their child was still alive. The only way I can logically see that happening is if the family, Mother, Father, etc is sooo emotionally distraught that they don't have the energy or ability to do otherwise. Or, if they have a blind trust in LE. Which to me, is a very scary thought.

If a parent truly believed that their child was being held hostage and alive some place for almost 30 days, would they really sit by, patiently and hope for the best, after ALL this time?

Do I think a family should give up hope? No, not by any stretch of the imagination. But, sit by and do nothing. Most families would not be able to sit still, let alone by quiet. Case history is a shining example of that.

After almost one month missing. I see no benefit in remaining silent. None what so ever. Let LE remain silent with their facts, but as a family...you do what you have to do. And, I'll leave it at that.

norest4thewicked
05-10-2011, 04:47 PM
Here's an article about bodies being found in the Cumberland River because of flooding. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/05/03/cumberland-river-flooding_n_561129.html

IMOm If such a convenient means presented itself to a perp., I suppose he would take advantage of trying to remove evidence from the body and make it look like the body was in another location and just got washed away by the flooding. This has probably already been covered thoroughly by some of you and I failed to read all of the posts.

That article is from last year (5/3/2010) when we were having flooding.

There was another body found last Saturday night that has not been identified, but has been thoroughly discussed. The body has only been described as being a woman and being in the water for "an extended period of time."

10EC_Dad
05-10-2011, 04:51 PM

But, I disagree when it comes to LE, and what they do or do not know. As for the part regarding a parent in this situation following the advice of LE, and if it's in their best interest or not...I strongly disagree. Too much time has passed for that, plain and simple. In the beginning, yes. Now? No. What LE has been doing aint' workin'. Time for another approach. IMO.

At this point, nearly a month later,... I say LE, or anyone for that matter would have a VERY difficult if not impossible task of trying to get a Mother or family to sit back and just WAIT, silently if they believed their child was still alive. The only way I can logically see that happening is if the family, Mother, Father, etc is sooo emotionally distraught that they don't have the energy or ability to do otherwise. Or, if they have a blind trust in LE. Which to me, is a very scary thought.

If a parent truly believed that their child was being held hostage and alive some place for almost 30 days, would they really sit by, patiently and hope for the best, after ALL this time?

Do I think a family should give up hope? No, not by any stretch of the imagination. But, sit by and do nothing. Most families would not be able to sit still, let alone by quiet. Case history is a shining example of that.

After almost one month missing. I see no benefit in remaining silent. None what so ever. Let LE remain silent with their facts, but as a family...you do what you have to do. And, I'll leave it at that.

Well, I hate to judge people's actions in situations that I can't imagine being in. I would not judge privacy as to "sit by and do nothing". I don't know that there is a right answer to how best respond in a situation like this. What is the purpose, at this stage, of crying on Nancy Grace Show? To prove you are a concerned parent, as if you owe that to us? How many perps give up a victim out of pity on the family?

JenniferTx
05-10-2011, 04:58 PM
I have a really bad feeling about this case. Praying for Holly to be alive. :nerves::nerves:

liljim
05-10-2011, 04:59 PM
body ID'd NOT holly, but it is a missing infant's mother.

http://www.newschannel5.com/story/14619391/body-found-in-river-identified-as-mother-of-missing-infant

liltexans
05-10-2011, 05:00 PM
Update on the body in the Cumberland River. It's NOT Holly.

http://www.newschannel5.com/story/14619391/body-found-in-river-identified-as-mother-of-missing-infant

jabberwocky
05-10-2011, 05:01 PM
It doesn't hurt to send emails to the media and ask them why they are not pressuring LE for updates...might not help, but it can't hurt.

I know if I lived in the community, I would be pressuring the media and/or LE for some sort of information or a PC.

That is what is so unusual-MOO- you would think that if LE in reality has no suspects,that they would be warning the community. It defies logic,unless they truly know who did this.

Some Beach
05-10-2011, 05:01 PM
Re: The baby reported missing yesterday (Jalee Grace Fryar)....The news just reported the mother (Shauna Marie Fryar) was found dead. The baby has still not been found.

BeanE
05-10-2011, 05:03 PM
body ID'd NOT holly, but it is a missing infant's mother.

How horrible! I don't see a thread for her little missing baby.

cluciano63
05-10-2011, 05:07 PM

I believe she was missing less time than Holly...so the remarks about how long the body was in the water really have no bearing, as far as trying to determine who a person is, if true. I think I read May 1st?

10EC_Dad
05-10-2011, 05:09 PM
That is what is so unusual-MOO- you would think that if LE in reality has no suspects,that they would be warning the community. It defies logic,unless they truly know who did this.

What would be the warning to the community?

Some Beach
05-10-2011, 05:10 PM

I posted the alert on this page - I didn't know what else to do with it.

BeanE
05-10-2011, 05:11 PM
Thread started for the missing baby:

TN TN - Missing 4 mth old baby - Zaylee Grace Fryar - mother found deceased - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

liljim
05-10-2011, 05:12 PM

yeah i was just coming back after looking for a thread about the baby and i couldnt find one either.

i wanted to make sure nobody thought my post seemed cold, ie its not holly and i didnt care who it was. i was immediately going to make a post on a thread for the missing mother or baby.

its pretty sad all around, but especially because this does not bode well for a happy resolution to the baby being found. :(

Some Beach
05-10-2011, 05:18 PM
What would be the warning to the community?

My own experience? The fact that it happened at all is warning enough. I believe everybody in the community is in "lock and load" mode...and whether he's 5'8" or 6'1", 200 or 220 lbs, you'd have to be an idiot to be acting in ANY suspicious manner these days.

Mountain_Kat
05-10-2011, 05:22 PM
Thoughts and prayers going out to the family of Jalee and Shauna Fryar tonight. :(

SunSoaker
05-10-2011, 05:25 PM
Well, I hate to judge people's actions in situations that I can't imagine being in. I would not judge privacy as to "sit by and do nothing". I don't know that there is a right answer to how best respond in a situation like this. What is the purpose, at this stage, of crying on Nancy Grace Show? To prove you are a concerned parent, as if you owe that to us? How many perps give up a victim out of pity on the family?

The purpose is to keep your loved ones story fresh and in the minds of people, and on the front burner of LE. And, to be quite frank to make your childs case stick out so much that people in higher places, and with more power and resources step in to see what they can do to help.

As for how many perps give up a victim out of pity on the family? I would venture to say, not many. So, again the question becomes...how is silence better?

IMO, silence only helps the perp at this point. It helps him to think and re-think his crime, and make sure he's covered everything. It helps him to move a body, if there is one, to someplace that would make it more difficult to find than it already is. It helps him fall off the radar of people who might otherwise be watching him like a hawk. JMO.

In contrast, speaking out might draw the attention of someone who has been there, John Walsh, Mark Klauss, Sharon Rocha, etc. That's a short list (and there are many more) of people who could likely put you in touch with resources like private investigators, and people of influence who can help get the ball rolling in a new direction.

And,...the last thing I'll say on the matter. If I'm the victim of a kidnapping, holed up in a room with nothing but a bed and maybe a TV, I want to know and SEE that my family is STILL looking for me. And, I would need that hope, and want desperately to see that connection back to what my life was like before the nightmare began.

10EC_Dad
05-10-2011, 05:41 PM
The purpose is to keep your loved ones story fresh and in the minds of people, and on the front burner of LE. And, to be quite frank to make your childs case stick out so much that people in higher places, and with more power and resources step in to see what they can do to help.

As for how many perps give up a victim out of pity on the family? I would venture to say, not many. So, again the question becomes...how is silence better?

IMO, silence only helps the perp at this point. It helps him to think and re-think his crime, and make sure he's covered everything. It helps him to move a body, if there is one, to someplace that would make it more difficult to find than it already is. It helps him fall off the radar of people who might otherwise be watching him like a hawk. JMO.

In contrast, speaking out might draw the attention of someone who has been there, John Walsh, Mark Klauss, Sharon Rocha, etc. That's a short list (and there are many more) of people who could likely put you in touch with resources like private investigators, and people of influence who can help get the ball rolling in a new direction.

And,...the last thing I'll say on the matter. If I'm the victim of a kidnapping, holed up in a room with nothing but a bed and maybe a TV, I want to know and SEE that my family is STILL looking for me. And, I would need that hope, and want desperately to see that connection back to what my life was like before the nightmare began.

Thanks for your reply. The TBI and the Governor of TN are involved. How many cases do you hear of a Governor posting a $50K reward? That is pretty "higher up". I don't think we want PIs stepping in on an active case. I doubt the perp has her watching TV news channels (that just seems odd to me) and I doubt that she would have any doubt of her family's love that a public appearance would change. I guess we just see it differently.

TxLady2
05-10-2011, 05:48 PM

Interesting thought. My son is in LE and he said that dealing with the media is one of the hardest aspects of his job. Reporters are pushy sometimes, and not always careful about getting the facts straight. He has had reporters call him at home on his day off, wanting information on something that is going on.
I do feel that they are communicating with the family, or I hope they are, but there is probably nothing new they can tell the public at this point, until someone is arrested or Holly is found.

cluciano63
05-10-2011, 06:02 PM
If LE does not need the public's help, that is fine. They are not required to ask for it, or to keep the public informed, as long as they are not knowingly putting anyone else in danger.

But if they don't have a suspect, and want people to be thinking about who might have done this, always better to keep after people, as memories will not improve over time. It won't help for LE to come out in another month and ask people to try to remember where they were on April 12-13th, if they saw Holly, if they saw any strange cars around town, etc...those types of questions need to be asked ASAP and every day thereafter, if they are not following a serious lead already.

Since they are not doing any of this and only asked the public to think about car washing, etc. several weeks ago, I have to assume they are busy interviewing a good suspect. Nothing else would make sense to me.

Mr. Noatak
05-10-2011, 07:03 PM
my opinions only, no facts here:

The deafening silence of the authorities speaks loudly to me. Suppose that the investigators suspected early on that a crazed serial abductor was on the loose. There probably would have been every attempt to describe a suspect to the community as best as possible, as well as stern warnings to citizens every day to lock all doors, women should not go outside alone, etc. It seems possible to me that the police calculated early on that this is a one-time situation.

As for the original advice to the public that people should be on the lookout for someone who missed work, washed their vehicle excessively, changed their behavior- this would at first seem to fly in the face of my original statement, above. Instead, it may be a further clue to the overall situation. Let us say that the police have had someone in mind from fairly early on, but are looking for the vehicle used in this crime and/or a possible accomplice who helped conceal/transport evidence. Further, the cops desperately want to locate Holly (alive or not) to prevent this case from being circumstantial. If the vehicle or Holly is located, the authorites may be ready to make their move.

jabberwocky
05-10-2011, 07:17 PM

In a roundabout way-I'm saying that IMO, it looks to me as if LE knows who the <modsnip> is who did this or the media would be warning people in the county about home abductions and invasions..

Oriah
05-10-2011, 07:33 PM
This might not be the right place to post this- but because it came from the Memphis Field office- which is handling Holly's case I think- I thought it might be ok. It's some interesting reading for a lot of MP cases, at any rate.

http://www.fbi.gov/news/pressrel/press-releases/tips-on-avoiding-fraudulent-charitable-contribution-schemes-1

and bumping up Holly's poster again:

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap

Trino
05-10-2011, 07:44 PM
Whoever the abductor was, you can bet he cased the Bobo property before the abduction and, most likely, went unnoticed. Did anyone see a car parked near the property before Holly disappeared? Has this been checked?

Emma Peel
05-10-2011, 07:52 PM
Locals posting here on Holly's thread were very helpful, IMO in terms of describing general community "feeling, mood, and observations". They never brought local rumors to Holly's thread. However, I felt they provided some course correction. And...in the end...actions speak louder than words...

so...it's been very curious to me that they -all- chose to bow out of the conversation here once the announcement was made that public volunteer searches were going to be suspended indefinitely.

There was mention that they grew weary of correcting speculation here that was not LE or family friendly. However, I can't help but think they had another very good reason for leaving the conversation when they did.

Are there any locals remaining on the thread? Have they expressed discontent with the investigation?

I don't think so, but I may have missed something in the past week or so...

FWIW... sometimes all we can do is bide our time and pray for Holly & her family to see justice and for LE's successful ongoing investigation.

:cow:

redfish
05-10-2011, 08:18 PM
Locals posting here on Holly's thread were very helpful, IMO in terms of describing general community "feeling, mood, and observations". They never brought local rumors to Holly's thread. However, I felt they provided some course correction. And...in the end...actions speak louder than words...

so...it's been very curious to me that they -all- chose to bow out of the conversation here once the announcement was made that public volunteer searches were going to be suspended indefinitely.

There was mention that they grew weary of correcting speculation here that was not LE or family friendly. However, I can't help but think they had another very good reason for leaving the conversation when they did.

Are there any locals remaining on the thread? Have they expressed discontent with the investigation?

FWIW... sometimes all we can do is bide our time and pray for Holly & her family to see justice and for LE's successful ongoing investigation.

Emma, I miss them too. I (my opinion) think they found it just too hard to hang here when so many of us were being so negative. It seems to me that the majority of the community has really tried to keep a positive outlook. We sure can be hard here. Asking the hard questions sometimes feels cruel to the locals.... it wears me out too sometimes. I am sensitive about LE criticism! When a case goes on this long with no news we just get harder on 'em!!!
MOOoooooooooo

Carla Lashelle
05-10-2011, 08:28 PM
Ok back to drawing a parallel with the Heather Sullivan case.

http://www.wkrn.com/story/14619410/hickman-co-womans-case-could-be-related-to-holly-bobo

cluciano63
05-10-2011, 08:39 PM
Part of my frustration is that after following so many cases, I know how quickly it can go from lots of activity, searching, reporting, etc. to silence. Only it usually does not happen quite this soon.

I guess it would be good to think LE has a handle on the case and needs nothing from the public at this point. I don't have blind faith in LE, just average faith. But if they don't have a suspect, I really have no idea what they are doing.

Ellebelle
05-10-2011, 08:43 PM

I personally think that is the reason they left. Some were very strong about the brother being involved. While I don't and never have believed that is the case, I do think it would be hard being a part of that family or a close enough friend to believe without a doubt that he had nothing to do with it and the go some place that people kept insinuating that they thought it was him. However, I do respect each persons opinion. I just think they might have been so close the speculation stunned and maybe hurt them?

grandmaj
05-10-2011, 08:55 PM
I know you have good intent but we don't talk about other posters on the threads.

When there is no news it is always difficult to sit back and accept we don't have any facts, we don't know what is going on and then we begin the process of questioning LE, their motives, their experience, their training. Or the family. When in fact we have no clue about what LE is doing or the family for that matter.

Hopefully there will be news. In the meantime we have to give LE a little break here and look for other cases this may relate to, look at the arrests, and try to have patience.

I know you care and we all would love to see Holly come home. But we are in a place of stagnation until some news is released I fear.

liljim
05-10-2011, 09:01 PM
heya grandmaj - are there any facebook pages that are ok to post quotes from here ? there is a very interesting recent piece of information on one of them that looks legit, but i have no idea if the page is ok to quote. it seems like a legitimate support site but idk for sure.

i will try to answer this for myself but if you see this and want me to PM you the link for approval/denial i can do that. either way i wont post it until i get an answer. thanx!

Plumeria5
05-10-2011, 09:06 PM
Is it just me or is anyone else getting tired of hearing about the Anthony case on Nancy Grace? I feel bad for little Caylee but she is gone now. Nancy can help other families locate their missing loved ones but I am afraid she is going to cover the trial daily for months.

liljim
05-10-2011, 09:08 PM
Is it just me or is anyone else getting tired of hearing about the Anthony case on Nancy Grace? I feel bad for little Caylee but she is gone now. Nancy can help other families locate their missing loved ones but I am afraid she is going to cover the trial daily for months.

oh she most certainly is going to, and it will get people watching, and thats the name of the game.

Some Beach
05-10-2011, 09:09 PM
I am not "local", but I am certainly in one of those "surrounding communities" that often get mentioned. A little different perspective, perhaps? We who live here have a vested interest in believing that our LEO are in the game, and as good, or better than LEO anywhere else. When this case slips into the distant memories of people (no matter the outcome), WE still have to live here and believe they are doing everything within their power to keep our families and communities safe.

Secondly, not knowing the abductor in this case is more than a little unnerving. After all that's been said, he/she could be living right next door. I was painfully reminded this week that this is a PUBLIC forum.

Given all the tags for the search engines, it wouldn't be difficult for ANYBODY to read and possibly deduce who it is that's actually posting here. You and I managed to find our way here, didn't we? Why would anybody risk inflaming this already violent person? You just never know what's going to set somebody off.

That's my two cents....

SmoothOperator
05-10-2011, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by cluciano63

and...

If LE does not need the public's help, that is fine. They are not required to ask for it, or to keep the public informed, as long as they are not knowingly putting anyone else in danger.

But if they don't have a suspect, and want people to be thinking about who might have done this, always better to keep after people, as memories will not improve over time. It won't help for LE to come out in another month and ask people to try to remember where they were on April 12-13th, if they saw Holly, if they saw any strange cars around town, etc...those types of questions need to be asked ASAP and every day thereafter, if they are not following a serious lead already.

Since they are not doing any of this and only asked the public to think about car washing, etc. several weeks ago, I have to assume they are busy interviewing a good suspect. Nothing else would make sense to me.

Above BBM.. This is basically my feeling as well..

Just as I believe most of us here feel similarly in that we do not expect as the public anything be told and/or released to us so long as we the public are not in any danger..As well as we support and back LE and can do really nothing more but pray that they indeed are way ahead in this investigation and either already have the suspect in custody[of course on other charges]or they have the suspect identified and 24/7 surveilled soon closing in on the suspect..And the way I could see it being the latter that there is indeed a known and identified suspect who is full time under surveillance is that as has been seen in other cases LE is waiting it out to see if the suspect will lead them to where Holly is:(

If the situation is nothing similar to any of those above mentioned well..all I really can do is pray even harder..but I will say this.. Us, posters here at WS are far from the only people that are voicing concerns over these certain tactics presently being used in this case.. Not only are there other parents that have walked in the very shoes that the Bobo's are in due to their daughter being similarly abducted and remains found almost a year later...not only are they speaking out and reaching out to the Bobo's asking them to speak publicly[posted a link to one of the articles in Thread #22]..Not only are they speaking out but Federal Agents with decades of experience in this very type of case and in fact even worked as Fed Agent in abductions in this very area of Tennessee..they too are speaking out about their concerns of not involving the community..of them not taking full advantage of the communities willingness to help in any way possible: highlighting that one specific way LE should be using this entire community is of extreme importance and actually the very key to finding Holly Bobo and that is by asking them all to timeline out there entire past 30 days with great detail if they even so much as crossed paths with Holly somewhere in public..detail this as best you can about everything that was going on at that place, the specific time with which you crossed paths with her, and any other detail that you can possibly remember..This ties Holly down to very specific times and dates, very specific places, with specific ppl in and around Holly..He said this was imperative and key to solving this case and finding Holly..with great emphasis on not wasting another hour in getting this task off the ground and running at full pace[of course this was speaking a week into the case] The agent said that much is lost forever with the passage of time even when speaking within a matter of days the memory fades and loses key details of grave importance..In the article that is linked to in several posts in Thread #22 this Federal Agent says multiple times throughout the article that this tactic is key in locating Holly and resolving the case with greater emphasis on time is of the essence and frankly not on their side in the least..The more time ticked away on the clock without forward movement the lower the percentage number drops indicative of the chances that Holly is brought home alive..

These are the things that I believe that are what is of great concern to many of us[again by far not just a few Websleuthers..but ppl who know and have a heckuva a lot of experience with these exact circumstances].. It is quite obvious that this "key" to bringing Holly home wasn't implemented for whatever reasons..I just pray that those reasons are because LE is way ahead on this investigation and is actually close to bringing Holly home[one way or another]..

But just my opinion and nothing more..[except for the links and info that I referred to several times above]

cluciano63
05-10-2011, 09:34 PM

I know, I feel sorry for the families of anyone who goes missing over the next few months who might otherwise have received some airtime...

Marbir
05-10-2011, 09:53 PM
Does anyone know the origins of the first news stories giving different descriptions of what happened that morning? "dragged into to the woods"..."led into to woods in fear for her life"... "then just "led into woods"

Was this news reporters mixing the story up? Or a police spokesman not getting the story right? Or the witness who last saw Holly changing the story while being questioned?

cluciano63
05-10-2011, 10:02 PM
http://abcnews.go.com/US/holly-bobo-attacker-woods-fear-life/story?id=13381683

This article has LE saying all versions of how she got into the woods...

liljim
05-10-2011, 10:02 PM
i looked into this earlier today, in the earliest stories on news sites, supposedly reporting what TBI investigators has said, you had;

brother and mother both home at time of abduction,
mother not home,

brother and mother called 911,
female 911 caller not identified,

holly dragged across carport and into woods, one report had her being carried into woods,
holly being led by the arm into woods, but clearly fearful, but no dragging,

holly abducted by a youngish looking white male in all camo,
abducted by 1 or 2 white males in all camo,
abducted by 1 male in all camo,

no evidence of any vehicle used in the area of the abduction,
please be aware of anyone washing/selling a car or atv,

all of the above things were reported on news sites and attributed to LE officials early on in the case. the only thing i have seen that clarifies any changes is along the lines of "initial miscommunication between witnesses and LE"

that is a whole heck of a lot of things for the media to get wrong, is it possible? i guess.
was it miscommunication between LE and witnesses or were those things initially said and then modified? we dont know.

Trino
05-10-2011, 10:14 PM
i looked into this earlier today, in the earliest stories on news sites, supposedly reporting what TBI investigators has said, you had;

mother not home,

holly dragged across carport and into woods, one report had her being carried into woods,

all of the above things were reported on news sites and attributed to LE officials early on in the case. the only thing i have seen that clarifies any changes is along the lines of "initial miscommunication between witnesses and LE"

that is a whole heck of a lot of things for the media to get wrong, is it possible? i guess.
was it miscommunication between LE and witnesses or were those things initially said and then modified? we dont know.

It wasn't miscommunication. It was NO communication.

norest4thewicked
05-10-2011, 10:14 PM

http://www.wkrn.com/story/14619410/hickman-co-womans-case-could-be-related-to-holly-bobo

This has, unfortunately, been my thought since I heard about it. I just can't imagine a coincidence in such a small area that is so strong.

dotnetnow
05-10-2011, 10:29 PM
New Find(?):
http://*****************/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474979313125

Seems the "search team" believes it is relevant, and trying to make sure it is not suppressed, but they dont say how they know it is relevant?!

If it is "real evidence"...stranger and stranger.

Ellebelle
05-10-2011, 10:33 PM
I know you have good intent but we don't talk about other posters on the threads.

When there is no news it is always difficult to sit back and accept we don't have any facts, we don't know what is going on and then we begin the process of questioning LE, their motives, their experience, their training. Or the family. When in fact we have no clue about what LE is doing or the family for that matter.

Hopefully there will be news. In the meantime we have to give LE a little break here and look for other cases this may relate to, look at the arrests, and try to have patience.

I know you care and we all would love to see Holly come home. But we are in a place of stagnation until some news is released I fear.

Sorry, grandma. Feel free to removed my offending post.

concernedmother
05-10-2011, 10:45 PM
Whoever the abductor was, you can bet he cased the Bobo property before the abduction and, most likely, went unnoticed. Did anyone see a car parked near the property before Holly disappeared? Has this been checked?

Could have been someone that had been to their house before.

grandmaj
05-10-2011, 10:49 PM
heya grandmaj - are there any facebook pages that are ok to post quotes from here ? there is a very interesting recent piece of information on one of them that looks legit, but i have no idea if the page is ok to quote. it seems like a legitimate support site but idk for sure.

i will try to answer this for myself but if you see this and want me to PM you the link for approval/denial i can do that. either way i wont post it until i get an answer. thanx!

Hi Liljim

The rumors on those FB at times creates problems. They unfortunately don't fit into our protocol for FB. At one point we tried a thread in the Parking Lot but it didn't work out. So for now I say sorry. :( I haven't been to any of them for a long time. When I have a spare few minutes I will check them out again.

dotnetnow
05-10-2011, 10:52 PM
New Find(?):

Seems the "search team" believes it is relevant, and trying to make sure it is not suppressed, but they dont say how they know it is relevant?!

If it is "real evidence"...stranger and stranger.

It would be a real scoop if anyone could find out which hotel it belonged to, but there is no way that will be "verified". It may be rumored eventually, but I doubt they'll verify it (worth mentioning that "D" is right next to porn shop):

Map:
hotels parsons tennessee - Google Maps

cluciano63
05-10-2011, 11:01 PM
I thought "gather" was not MSM, any more than "examiner" is, and that we weren't supposed to link those articles? I know it has been happening throughout this case, as there is so little else out there, but are these "media" sites approved to link? Thanks.

liljim
05-10-2011, 11:07 PM
yeah, the gather links are to the same information that i was asking if it was ok to post. i guessed right and didnt post it hehe. not criticizing anyone that did, it gets tricky figuring out what sources are ok and which arent.

dotnetnow
05-10-2011, 11:14 PM
well I dunno about "credible", they are reporting on a post that lists their find as "bagged and tagged" (verified) by tbi. I dont know if there is such a thing as a "credible" news source anymore, but if it ain't no good Im sure it'll get removed.

case in point (which Im sure is moot):
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20058608-504083.html

"credible" source, speculating on easter find as being cell phone... so although credible, technically violating rumor policy?

I know not changing anyone's mind or policy so I'll stop now :)

wfgodot
05-10-2011, 11:21 PM
well I dunno about "credible", they are reporting on a post that lists their find as "bagged and tagged" (verified) by tbi. I dont know if there is such a thing as a "credible" news source anymore, but if it ain't no good Im sure it'll get removed.

case in point (which Im sure is moot):
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20058608-504083.html

"credible" source, speculating on easter find as being cell phone... so although credible, technically violating rumor policy?

I know not changing anyone's mind or policy so I'll stop now :)

You're actually comparing Gather and an alleged Facebook "source" to the reporting of CBS News? Of course there are credible news sources. That's why WS requires MSM confirmation.

froginTtown
05-10-2011, 11:29 PM
I sincerely hope that Holly is found soon...
but my hope is dwindling..
At this point I'm either:
Thinking that LE has a suspect..(but where is Holly)
They completly dropped the ball..
Obviously, the LE doesn't seem to want our help.. surely, there may be more items of Holly that could be missing...??
I would like more info. of the night before and morning of her disappearance.. unitl then, we are just chasing our tails...
I hope Bring them Home can give us a few answers,,, buy I'm not expexting much..If Its the same spokesperson on NG..I'm not expecting much at all..
I pray that LE knows what its doing... cuz if not, memories fade...

cluciano63
05-10-2011, 11:30 PM
Granted, CBS has not been great on this case...but then who has? Everyone was scrambling the first few days as TBI found the words they wanted to go with...but overall most of the major sources, i.e. CBS, NBC, ABC, etc are more inclined to stay away from rumors than the blogs. I don't consider Nancy Grace to be MSM, but I know many do.

dotnetnow
05-10-2011, 11:35 PM
You're actually comparing Gather and an alleged Facebook "source" to the reporting of CBS News? Of course there are credible news sources. That's why WS requires MSM confirmation.

Comparing with tongue partially "in cheeck"...yes :)

but I think we digress from the point so I wont blather about journalistic integrity and how little real difference there is...especially when talking about "report first, correct later" network new sources.

dotnetnow
05-10-2011, 11:39 PM
I sincerely hope that Holly is found soon...
but my hope is dwindling..
At this point I'm either:
Thinking that LE has a suspect..(but where is Holly)
They completly dropped the ball..
Obviously, the LE doesn't seem to want our help.. surely, there may be more items of Holly that could be missing...??
I would like more info. of the night before and morning of her disappearance.. unitl then, we are just chasing our tails...
I hope Bring them Home can give us a few answers,,, buy I'm not expexting much..If Its the same spokesperson on NG..I'm not expecting much at all..
I pray that LE knows what its doing... cuz if not, memories fade...

Not that it helps bc we all feel different day to day I think, but I've decided to decide and be happy with my decision that:

This is a really hard case and LE, TBI, FBI, and all others are working their tails off on a terribly difficult battlefield. I think if there were better circumstances they would have solved this case much sooner. Unfortunately they just need to keep slugging away until they get something(and they will).

SmoothOperator
05-10-2011, 11:47 PM

In speaking of the possibility that these two cases did happen to be related and that the man that grabbed HS arm in the pre-dawn early morning of 5:30 is the same man that was seen in all cam abducting Holly the morning of the April 13th.. If this is possibly related[and for some reason I just never have felt that it was..but definitely could be]..so if its the same man I am wondering if he followed suit exactly the same in Holly's abduction with his planning/stalking as he seemingly did in Heather's..

If I am not mistaken in several articles that go into great detail of HS early morning perp she talked about her belief that the man that grabbed her arm that morning was the man that she had seen on more than one occasion in the last month standing out back of either her or her grandmas house watching..:shivers down the spine:..and she also spoke about the possibility of the perp somehow being related or involved with a home burglary that had also taken place in that last month again at grandmas I believe she said.. So if that's true[and I have no reason to believe that its not]..

My question is did Holly speak to anyone[her mom, a friend, bf]and mention that she felt as tho she was being either followed or watched at times or possibly had she even mentioned to someone that God forbid she too had seen a man standing on her property, a relative's property, etc and seeming to be watching her??? That certainly is something that I thing would definitely solidify that most likely it is one perp for both cases and that of course would be huge for the investigation in narrowing down their focus..

As I said "IF" it is the same perp I feel pretty strongly that he could have followed suit as he did in Heather's case with there having been several sightings of this man stalking/watching in days and weeks leading up to his actually possibly attempting to abduct, assault, etc HS..

Just some thoughts about the two cases..wondering if perhaps there is more similarity between the two cases that we are just not aware of or privy to knowing...

cluciano63
05-10-2011, 11:48 PM
Not that it helps bc we all feel different day to day I think, but I've decided to decide and be happy with my decision that:

This is a really hard case and LE, TBI, FBI, and all others are working their tails off on a terribly difficult battlefield. I think if there were better circumstances they would have solved this case much sooner. Unfortunately they just need to keep slugging away until they get something(and they will).

Some of us are a little cynical, what with Haleigh Cummings, Kyron Horman, Hailey Dunn, just to name three...not to mention Gabriel Johnson, Hassani Campbell, Joshua Davis, Adji Desir, Madeline McCann...cases that seem active and for a while LE seems to be on top of things, many of these cases even have prime suspects...yet they are all still missing and no one is paying the price. I should say, I am a little cynical, I don't want to speak for others.

froginTtown
05-10-2011, 11:57 PM

Oh.. I get it...but why have FBI, US Marshalls backed off...They have said that they would be there if they needed them...Why change the name of the suspect to a community member..?? What is this case labeled any more.. possible abduction or kidnapping..??
Not much info, at all..

froginTtown
05-11-2011, 12:25 AM
The very first reports:
911 was a home invsion.
Holly was drug across the carport into the woods.
I know other posters have said that the 911 call may have been wrong... but without us actually hearing it we don't know.. they won't release it...
How does one change from being dragged into a woods to he led her by her arm..
**who decided that Holly was in fear for her life...***
The only person seeing Holly being led into the woods was Clint..so he would be the only person ro see the "fear of her life look.!! right.. but yet he says he's not worried cuz he thought it was her boyfiend.. It has to be one way or the othewr...

froginTtown
05-11-2011, 12:46 AM
my thought on this case:
The perp is from a "well esablished family" in the community.. and the LE are dotting their I's and crossing T's..

dotnetnow
05-11-2011, 12:58 AM
The very first reports:
911 was a home invsion.
I know other posters have said that the 911 call may have been wrong... but without us actually hearing it we don't know.. they won't release it...
The only person seeing Holly being led into the woods was Clint..so he would be the only person ro see the "fear of her life look.!! right.. but yet he says he's not worried cuz he thought it was her boyfiend.. It has to be one way or the othewr...

I think this is about the oldest point of contention in this case, but heck we aint doing nothing else so Ill discuss it with ya.

" How does one change from being dragged into a woods to he led her by her arm...It has to be one way or the othewr"

I have always thought this entire piece was just "story semantics" that are only illogical when taken out of context with the sequence of time.

CB hears dog barking, looks out window, sees HB and camo perp walking into the trees. Camo guy is leading HB by elbow. CB just gets a glimpse and it being "any ordinary day" thinks nothing of it. CB's 1st logical "ordinary day" thought is HB is with boyfriend.

CB discovers strange scene when leaving house. "Ordinary day" is now freaking him out. CB calls 911. Now he is terrified about his sister. When he tt police he says something like "some guy dragged my sister into the woods".

Later the police ask him, "what do you mean dragged? how did that occur?". Then he explains what it looked like factually.

Whether that makes sense or not I contend that it can be both ways?

It could also just be that the first words used to or by a reporter were "dragged" to connotate "against her will", but when asked to describe the scene she was more appropriately described as being "lead away under intimidation".

I dont think CB ever saw the "fear in her eyes". Holly's demeanor in the brief glimpse and "ordinary" circumstances was not what changed the scenario for CB. It was his remembrance of HB/perp combined with the "odd scene" later that changed the circumstances from "ordinary walking away" to "taken by force".

In context:
Taken by force = dragged away = no longer ordinary day
How:
Lead by arm, almost certainly using intimidation

>>I must be bored, going off internet to save my soul<<

froginTtown
05-11-2011, 02:26 AM
ya know. Dot.
I think that we could argue this until we are both blue in the face..
and that is the beuaty of WS.. We can agree to disagree..
But the lurking factor is: who seen that she was in fear for life..!!! If it was Climt. why didn't he call rright then..or go after them...
The story is that Clint didn't notice anything wrong until he seen the blood and her car still there.....sooo. who seen the "fear for her life"..???

Emma Peel
05-11-2011, 03:46 AM
ya know. Dot.
But the lurking factor is: who seen that she was in fear for life..!!! If it was Climt. why didn't he call rright then..or go after them...
The story is that Clint didn't notice anything wrong until he seen the blood and her car still there.....sooo. who seen the "fear for her life"..???

:yes:

one of the biggest "tells" from LE, IMO.

Yes, who (after-the-fact) "saw" the "fear for her life".

IMO, it was LE that "saw" this fear - based upon their investigation up to that point.

This is LE's story. :cow: : That Holly was being "walked" forcibly by her kidnapper and Clint witnessed it. Clint thought he was watching Holly with her BF and as the story was clarified later by LE, it was LE that projected the idea that while it may have looked like a harmless walk ... they believed Holly knew her life was in danger as she walked towards the woods.

So how did they piece that together?

Just taking a wild guess- I'd say it was the product of immediate investigation: info from family/boyfriend/best friends that led them to this conclusion.

Once again, we have specific unsolicited LE activity that suggests LE knows enough - knows something about the perp that leads them to believe she was in fear for her life.

Could it be they just needs evidence and time to put the case together?

I hope so.

cluciano63
05-11-2011, 03:55 AM

IMO, it was LE that "saw" this fear - based upon their investigation up to that point.

This is LE's story. :cow: : That Holly was being "walked" forcibly by her kidnapper and Clint witnessed it. Clint thought he was watching Holly with her BF and as the story was clarified later by LE, it was LE that projected the idea that while it may have looked like a harmless walk ... they believed Holly knew her life was in danger as she walked towards the woods.

Just taking a wild guess- I'd say it was the product of immediate investigation: info from family/boyfriend/best friends that led them to this conclusion.

Once again, we have specific unsolicited LE activity that suggests LE knows enough - knows something about the perp that leads them to believe she was in fear for her life.

I hope so.

I don't know, they changed it (wording) so quickly, that I have my doubts on whether or not it is based on real evidence, or just the knowledge that it ws defintely not her boyfriend, she could not be reached or found and therefore was probably in trouble. In one article, (link posted in one of my posts above...) they said it looked like he was leading her, by holding her arm. I think they could be deducing he must have been holding a weapon on her, but since they don't know, they don't want to say "armed."

Plumeria5
05-11-2011, 04:28 AM
I had never seen a video of Holly before until just now. I remember when I saw one of Laci Peterson it really hit home what a vivacious young lady she was. Seeing Holly with her two friends singing "Party in the USA" was heartbreaking. 3 girls having fun singing along with the music in the car. And then at the end, Holly leaning forward and turning off the radio or cd player. :( So unfair she may never be able to laugh with her girlfriends again and fulfill her hopes and dreams.

TxLady2
05-11-2011, 07:52 AM
and...

(snipped)

These are the things that I believe that are what is of great concern to many of us[again by far not just a few Websleuthers..but ppl who know and have a heckuva a lot of experience with these exact circumstances].. It is quite obvious that this "key" to bringing Holly home wasn't implemented for whatever reasons..I just pray that those reasons are because LE is way ahead on this investigation and is actually close to bringing Holly home[one way or another]..

But just my opinion and nothing more..[except for the links and info that I referred to several times above]

How do we know that this has not been done? Do we know how many people LE has talked to and interviewed? No, we don't. Talking to people who knew her, went to school with her, are acquainted with her and had any interaction with her recently is probably one of the first things they did, and it's usually SOP in missing persons cases. I cannot imagine even a local LE force not knowing that. I would surmise that LE is conducting their investigation behind the scenes in ways that not even the people in that community are aware of. Just because they don't announce every step they're taking does not mean they are not doing it.

TxLady2
05-11-2011, 08:07 AM
The very first reports:
911 was a home invsion.

I read elsewhere that the word "dragged" came from the media, that the brother did not actually use that word. IDK, but it sounds likely to me. Media will "beef up" an article with speculations sometimes when they don't have enough details to make up a good story.
If he saw some guy who he initially thought was her boyfriend "drag" Holly, don't you think he would have immediately become suspicious and run outside to see what was going on? But if the guy merely had hold of her arm and she was walking beside him, maybe it took a few minutes for him to realize something was wrong. That's what makes me believe he is not the one who said she was dragged. I could be wrong, but it sounds logical to me.

concentric
05-11-2011, 08:11 AM
[QUOTE=dotnetnow;6461578]It would be a real scoop if anyone could find out which hotel it belonged to, but there is no way that will be "verified".
--------------------

Just made me remember my first impression, first post on this case:

4-16-2011, Thread 2

My feeling is that she was eventually put into a vehicle and they are long gone. LE would have to be checking every motel, camping ground, etc. within a wide radius it seems to me, especially after so much time has elapsed.

I have to wonder if a tip early on turned most LE resources towards searching the park areas rather than the motels.

Carla Lashelle
05-11-2011, 08:13 AM
ya know. Dot.

I belive the in fear of her life stuff came from LE when they were attempting to clarify what was supposed to have happened. The brother never claimed that. I think if you got back to the video with LE they say "we believe that" not "he said"

Marbir
05-11-2011, 08:20 AM
http://abcnews.go.com/US/holly-bobo-attacker-woods-fear-life/story?id=13381683

This article has LE saying all versions of how she got into the woods...

-----------------------------

Quotes from article:

"We believe he actually had her arm, holding her. We feel she was in fear of her life, so was complying," Mehr told a news conference.

Her brother, said Mehr, "had reasons to believe [the man] was not an attacker."

----------------------------

Do they KNOW if the man going into the woods was holding her arm or are they guessing?

TxLady2
05-11-2011, 08:21 AM

I hope so.

I am sure that when interviewing the brother and hearing his description of exactly what he observed, they came to the conclusion that she did not appear to be struggling or fighting the guy, so either she was walking along with him willingly or she was somehow being forced to go along with the guy. That would lead them to assume that she either knew him, or was afraid for her life, and perhaps he was holding a weapon of some kind in front so the brother could not see it. The brother could have said that it looked as if she was being forcibly led, but not necessarily dragged.
She is apparently a petite young woman... I would say that if a 6 ft., 200 lb. guy had a good grip on her upper arm, and was at the same time either pointing a knife to her chest or stomach, and telling her not to fight back, she very definitely was in fear of her life at that point. JMO.

iluvmua
05-11-2011, 08:34 AM
Does anybody have the video of Holly Singing?

concentric
05-11-2011, 08:39 AM
Once again, from many previous posts:

Carlie Brucia was being led away by the arm, in a passive way, seemingly. IMO, she was in shock and/or a weapon was held to her.

And, on another note:

Dru Sjodin was on her cellphone with her boyfriend when she said "Oh my God." We thought that a weapon was immediately held to her because otherwise she would have screamed those words, or fought.

Marbir
05-11-2011, 08:43 AM
She is apparently a petite young woman... I would say that if a 6 ft., 200 lb. guy had a good grip on her upper arm, and was at the same time either pointing a knife to her chest or stomach, and telling her not to fight back, she very definitely was in fear of her life at that point. JMO.

But was there 6ft 200lb guy with a knife? Was there even a guy with a grip on her arm?

Carla Lashelle
05-11-2011, 09:09 AM
-----------------------------

Quotes from article:

"We believe he actually had her arm, holding her. We feel she was in fear of her life, so was complying," Mehr told a news conference.

Her brother, said Mehr, "had reasons to believe [the man] was not an attacker."

----------------------------

Do they KNOW if the man going into the woods was holding her arm or are they guessing?

its an assumption. but remember, depending on where they were in the yard they could be up to 50 yards from the house. Its not like the brother saw them from 10 feet away... more like up to half a football field away.

Carla Lashelle
05-11-2011, 09:17 AM
But was there 6ft 200lb guy with a knife? Was there even a guy with a grip on her arm?

Well yeah... LE does not dispute that it was an abduction.

AlexLouise44
05-11-2011, 09:49 AM
Can some one tell me who runs the facebook page? Yesterday they were talking about a hotel key card found with the significant evidence? The owner of the page posted it. I can't get a link because I'm on my phone.

jadejazzkayla
05-11-2011, 09:50 AM
I believe the in fear of her life stuff came from LE when they were attempting to clarify what was supposed to have happened. The brother never claimed that. I think if you got back to the video with LE they say "we believe that" not "he said"

tbi was initially attempting to issue an amber alert for holly and for her abduction to meet the state criteria - LE needs to SAY they believe holly was in "fear for her life" even if her brother clint, the only witness, did not believe Holly was in any danger of any kind. I believe clint saw Holly with what he thought was a friend and he then went about his own business.

Unfortunately, imo, it is the TBI's modifying and clarifying THEIR OWN STATEMENTS that caused some people to jump to the conclusion that clint may have changed "HIS STORY" and/or that he was a cowardly, uncaring brother.

===================================

paraphrasing from tbi website amber alert criteria...

A belief that the child is in imminent danger of bodily injury or death such as: It is believed that the missing child is in a life-threatening situation or It is believed that the missing child is in the company of adults who could endanger his or her welfare.

concentric
05-11-2011, 09:50 AM
If I am not mistaken in several articles that go into great detail of HS early morning perp she talked about her belief that the man that grabbed her arm that morning was the man that she had seen on more than one occasion in the last month standing out back of either her or her grandmas house watching..:shivers down the spine:..and she also spoke about the possibility of the perp somehow being related or involved with a home burglary that had also taken place in that last month again at grandmas I believe she said.. So if that's true[and I have no reason to believe that its not]..

SmoothOperator:

I'm not doubting your recollection that this was the case, but I've never read any articles where Heather goes into detail about seeing a man on more than one occasion watching her prior to the attack.

Can you give the links?

Daisyjane
05-11-2011, 09:55 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0q9B4MQVWRg

Carla Lashelle
05-11-2011, 10:06 AM
Can some one tell me who runs the facebook page? Yesterday they were talking about a hotel key card found with the significant evidence? The owner of the page posted it. I can't get a link because I'm on my phone.

you cant find it because its one of those dubious pages we can not link to. Its not hard to find on FB.

JenniferTx
05-11-2011, 10:10 AM
It will be one month this Friday the 13th since Holly was last seen. Praying for her safe return.

concentric
05-11-2011, 10:29 AM
Looks like an ATV trailer (scan down in article) in this photo:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1379321/Did-Holly-Bobos-kidnapper-strike-twice-Local-woman-says-skinny-man-tried-grab-too.html

iluvmua
05-11-2011, 10:47 AM
Sadly, I think she passed on that Wenesday.

This is why experts say you should never go to a second location with a person or persons; once they take you to a second location that's it.

JenniferTx
05-11-2011, 10:54 AM
Looks like an ATV trailer (scan down in article) in this photo:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1379321/Did-Holly-Bobos-kidnapper-strike-twice-Local-woman-says-skinny-man-tried-grab-too.html

I wonder how good a description Heather was able to give to LE? Tall and skinny is a start but a police sketch would be good.

norest4thewicked
05-11-2011, 10:59 AM
Four weeks ago today Holly went missing. I hope more than anything that this case is solved very soon. :(

chasing.halos
05-11-2011, 11:17 AM
Holly's FB is private and thus cannot be discussed here, if not open to all to see.

The support/bash FB's do not meet our criteria for FB as spelled out in our rules and thus not to be discussed here.

Bump...

10EC_Dad
05-11-2011, 11:21 AM
Assuming the perp is local, let's take a look at the numbers.

According to the 2000 Census, there were 11,731 people living in Dacatur County, TN. 48.6% were men = 5,701. Assuming the perp age is 20-45 (31.6%), the number drops to 1,801. That is the number of potential suspects assuming the perp is a local male between the ages of 20 and 45.

If everone of them is a suspect, I wonder how fast LE and eliminate the other 1,800 to find the 1?

Daisyjane
05-11-2011, 11:42 AM

According to the 2000 Census, there were 11,731 people living in Dacatur County, TN. 48.6% were men = 5,701. Assuming the perp age is 20-45 (31.6%), the number drops to 1,801. That is the number of potential suspects assuming the perp is a local male between the ages of 20 and 45.

If everone of them is a suspect, I wonder how fast LE and eliminate the other 1,800 to find the 1?

Unfortunately, we may have to wait until he slips up, becomes careless, brags, or runs his mouth to the wrong person. Worst case scenario: until he strikes again.

SouthWestHiker
05-11-2011, 11:43 AM

That's what I have been saying since the beginning. This is no passing-by stranger kidnapping another stranger. Start with all family acquaintances then move wider to town residents and work on their alibis.

Finding smoking gun clues in the woods is a pipe dream.

... not that I am saying this is what LE is doing in this case. I think because LE is so tight-lipped, the media has nothing else but the wood searches to talk about.

AlexLouise44
05-11-2011, 11:53 AM
you cant find it because its one of those dubious pages we can not link to. Its not hard to find on FB.

Thank you. I have been searching but have yet to find the "owner" of this page. I apologize for posting info from it. I didn't realize that it probably isn't correct as it is not verified from LE.

Hoping they find her soon!

53chevygirl
05-11-2011, 11:55 AM
Did anyone catch the show that the "family spokesperson" was supposed to be on yesterday/last night? If so, can you update?

Carla Lashelle
05-11-2011, 12:01 PM
Sadly, I think she passed on that Wenesday.

This is why experts say you should never go to a second location with a person or persons; once they take you to a second location that's it.

I kinda tend to agree with that now... a month later. When the story first broke I held out hope but now not so much. On the other hand, as a violent crime survivor, I think given a lot of alternatives, a quick ending on the first day is a lot better than possible alternative drawn out but equally grim endings.

liltexans
05-11-2011, 12:06 PM
Did anyone catch the show that the "family spokesperson" was supposed to be on yesterday/last night? If so, can you update?

The show is tonight at 7 pm EDT.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/bringthemhomenow/2011/05/11/bring-them-home-now-exclusive-missing-holly-bobo-case

SouthWestHiker
05-11-2011, 12:08 PM
I kinda tend to agree with that now... a month later. When the story first broke I held out hope but now not so much. On the other hand, as a violent crime survivor, I think given a lot of alternatives, a quick ending on the first day is a lot better than possible alternative drawn out but equally grim endings.

I don't have much hope either for Holly but you should never give up completely.

The story of Al & Rita Chretien is a great example of that. They were last seen on March 19th in Idaho and Rita was found alive 7 weeks later in the van stuck in the mud in Northern Nevada.

Never give up hope!

Emma Peel
05-11-2011, 12:12 PM
I am sure that when interviewing the brother and hearing his description of exactly what he observed, they came to the conclusion that she did not appear to be struggling or fighting the guy, so either she was walking along with him willingly or she was somehow being forced to go along with the guy. That would lead them to assume that she either knew him, or was afraid for her life, and perhaps he was holding a weapon of some kind in front so the brother could not see it. The brother could have said that it looked as if she was being forcibly led, but not necessarily dragged.

LE's statement regarding Holly walking on her own in fear of her life - was made to clarify previous statements.

blood in carport - walked on her own, led by her arm - in fear of her life - towards woods - camo - approximate size of abductor - someone who was familiar with Holly's schedule - someone who laid in wait - someone in the local community - scream - kidnapped - mass volunteer searches - duct tape with blond hair - lunchbox in creek - request for tips - watch for vehicle cleaning - ATV or car - remember cars parked in area - FBI kidnapped poster - found more of thinks linked to Holly scattered roadside - significant Easter find - narrowing investigation - eliminating POIs - no didn't say that - investigation has narrowed - have no POIs - parents try to thank volunteers in person - selective searches by LE - info republished on other cases to consider - still taking tips and following up on them - volunteer searches discontinued - parents write statement of thanks - investigation scaled back - FBI, TBI teams remain in area on case - RSO in custody

no warnings to public. nothing but vague suspect description. no vehicle description. no request for additional tips in a week. no national campaign using TV shows, etc.

It must be that Holly's parents & LE really don't need to tell the public anything else other than the above ...

Not a criticism - just the way it is. So we're left to wonder why this is the way it is... What does LE know, what does the family know - that they are able to work on this case silently?

I hope LE is working all over this guy like peanut butter on wonder bread. I can't figure any other way to be hopeful about this case. :cow:

:praying: for Holly & her family & LE on this one month anniversary.

OldSteve
05-11-2011, 12:35 PM
LE's statement regarding Holly walking on her own in fear of her life - was made to clarify previous statements.

blood in carport - walked on her own, led by her arm - in fear of her life - towards woods - camo - approximate size of abductor - someone who was familiar with Holly's schedule - someone who laid in wait - someone in the local community - scream - kidnapped - mass volunteer searches - duct tape with blond hair - lunchbox in creek - request for tips - watch for vehicle cleaning - ATV or car - remember cars parked in area - FBI kidnapped poster - found more of thinks linked to Holly scattered roadside - significant Easter find - narrowing investigation - eliminating POIs - no didn't say that - investigation has narrowed - have no POIs - parents try to thank volunteers in person - selective searches by LE - info republished on other cases to consider - still taking tips and following up on them - volunteer searches discontinued - parents write statement of thanks - investigation scaled back - FBI, TBI teams remain in area on case - RSO in custody

no warnings to public. nothing but vague suspect description. no vehicle description. no request for additional tips in a week. no national campaign using TV shows, etc.

It must be that Holly's parents & LE really don't need to tell the public anything else other than the above ...

Not a criticism - just the way it is. So we're left to wonder why this is the way it is... What does LE know, what does the family know - that they are able to work on this case silently?

I hope LE is working all over this guy like peanut butter on wonder bread. I can't figure any other way to be hopeful about this case. :cow:

:praying: for Holly & her family & LE on this one month anniversary.

Well done! add to your list - no request by LE for anyone who may have seen HB in day(s) before to come forward. As if LE knows everyone, every place she had been... - strange

cluciano63
05-11-2011, 01:02 PM
Well done! add to your list - no request by LE for anyone who may have seen HB in day(s) before to come forward. As if LE knows everyone, every place she had been... - strange

Even if LE has a suspect and knows where and when he saw/interacted with Holly...wouldn't LE want witnesses who also saw her, for case-building purposes? If Holly is not found, all possible evidence will be needed and again, memories do not improve over time. Are they at a place in this case where they do not need anything at all from the public, not even the chance to remind people daily that she is still missing and to describe the items we are still looking for?

I am still frsutrated from Kyron's case that is has been probably 7-8 months since LE made a point of showing his clothing. Why not do that regularly? Most people don't remember the way we do here. :(

Carla Lashelle
05-11-2011, 01:06 PM
Even if LE has a suspect and knows where and when he saw/interacted with Holly...wouldn't LE want witnesses who also saw her, for case-building purposes? If Holly is not found, all possible evidence will be needed and again, memories do not improve over time. Are they at a place in this case where they do not need anything at all from the public, not even the chance to remind people daily that she is still missing and to describe the items we are still looking for?

I am still frsutrated from Kyron's case that is has been probably 7-8 months since LE made a point of showing his clothing. Why not do that regularly? Most people don't remember the way we do here. :(

I assume after 8 months he is either dead and the clothing would be of less importance, or if he is alive he wouldnt be wearing the same clothing.

But funny you mention him. I live in Florida and they have his picture up inside Wal Mart on their missing kids board. I thought it was cool that they didn't handle just local kids.

cluciano63
05-11-2011, 01:19 PM
I assume after 8 months he is either dead and the clothing would be of less importance, or if he is alive he wouldnt be wearing the same clothing.

But funny you mention him. I live in Florida and they have his picture up inside Wal Mart on their missing kids board. I thought it was cool that they didn't handle just local kids.

Well, if someone comes across a black CSI t-shirt, the place they find it is pretty important since he has not been found. And I doubt very many people even remember that it is black, and would likely be little more than black cotton strips of cloth by now. LE has said they have yet to find ANY physical evidence of him, so I think finding his clothes would be vital.

maskedwoman
05-11-2011, 01:29 PM

Please pardon the length of my post. I made it as brief as I could and still get there. :)

If they still have no idea what happened to Holly, no leads, and no suspects, then I agree this extended silence from all parties no longer makes sense. But, respectfully, I think we don't give LE enough credit most of the time. So often, in online discussions of cases, I see endless posts about why aren't the police doing this and why aren't they doing that. Then, lo and behold, we later learn that those things generally have been done.

So, to quote Anne Osborne from The Big Easy "Why don't we look at this another way." If we work backward from what we see and know, then ask ourselves what scenario makes the most sense, I think it begins to look a little differently.

First, let's assume for a minute that the diligent legwork that should be done is, indeed, being done. I am confident if LE thought there was even a remote possibility that some sort of serial predator is running amok in Decatur County, they would tell people to exercise caution until her abductor was located. Otherwise, the family of this person's next victim has a big fat lawsuit against the TBI. And I'm sure the TBI knows that.

So, we have legwork being done. Leads being followed. The family is very quiet. LE is very quiet. They have said all along this was a targeted attack, directed specifically at Holly. They have said nothing to indicate their position has altered and, even if we don't always agree on exactly how it went down, I think most posters here agree that Holly was specifically the target.

We have no new searches, indicating there is no longer an urgent, driving, need to locate Holly before she comes to harm. We know that LE has some evidence they are not disclosing. And once they found this evidence, they made one last push and then the searches stopped. I have some ideas about that but they are upsetting to me so I'll keep them to myself for now.

We also have a family that is not out there continuing to ask for more searches. Assuming Holly's family loves her as much as the rest of us love our children, I think there must be some reason for this, even if we don't know what it is.

To me, this scenarios suggests that LE has reason to believe that Holly is dead, they have strong suspects but not enough evidence to find her or make an arrest, and they are doggedly trying to locate her body and bring her killer/s to justice.

Moo and thanks for tolerating this lengthy post.

jabberwocky
05-11-2011, 01:29 PM

It's post #55 on this thread

Carla Lashelle
05-11-2011, 01:53 PM
Ok this is from Reuters...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20110511/us_nm/us_bobo_crime_tennessee_3

Chock full o new details !!! NOT

10EC_Dad
05-11-2011, 02:09 PM

Consider that LE has many open cases at any given time and cannot continually make public releases that they are still working the case and if you know anything to contact them. In this case, it is a small community that has been exurberant in their support to find Holly. They are well aware that she is still missing and the investigation continues. I think the case has now entered the phase where specific people (public) may be asked about information related to the case.

I know it gets frustrating to wait out the process that many times takes longer than sooner. All silence is not deafening and all communication is not productive to the process.

cluciano63
05-11-2011, 02:23 PM
Consider that LE has many open cases at any given time and cannot continually make public releases that they are still working the case and if you know anything to contact them. In this case, it is a small community that has been exurberant in their support to find Holly. They are well aware that she is still missing and the investigation continues. I think the case has now entered the phase where specific people (public) may be asked about information related to the case.

I know it gets frustrating to wait out the process that many times takes longer than sooner. All silence is not deafening and all communication is not productive to the process.

I have been qualifying my statements all week with if they have a suspect and are working on that part of the case, fine, stay quiet. But if they don't have one, I am a bit baffled-not impatient.

Cheewawa007
05-11-2011, 02:28 PM
My gut tells me the man is someone known by the family. I think LE know who he is & trying to make things appear as though they don't have a POI in hopes he will let his guard down. JMO

bobsmi
05-11-2011, 02:33 PM
Ok this is from Reuters...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20110511/us_nm/us_bobo_crime_tennessee_3

Chock full o new details !!! NOT

"...investigators continue to receive leads from the public, officials said on Wednesday.

'We have lots of positive leads,' says John Mehr, Tennessee Bureau of Investigation special agent. 'That's the key. We ask people to continue giving us information. We hope we will have a positive ending to this'."

I'm not exactly sure how to take this.

10EC_Dad
05-11-2011, 02:37 PM
I have been qualifying my statements all week with if they have a suspect and are working on that part of the case, fine, stay quiet. But if they don't have one, I am a bit baffled-not impatient.

Well, you started your post with "Even if LE has a suspect and knows where and when he saw/interacted with Holly", and you didn't make any other qualifying remarks in that post. So, you can see how I read your comments that you were impatient.

Again, I hate to assume that LE does not know how to handle this case. In fact, with three agencies working on this, I have even stronger confidence.

A lot of here are "problem solvers" and get frustrated and impatient when we don't have a resolution and no new data to work with. I appreciate that.

I posted earlier, that with certain assumptions, there are 1,801 potential suspects. Taking that a little further, by filtering on height description, the number may go down to 1,000. I think a search of the county DMV database would put some names and addresses to those numbers. That sounds like a good project for a TBI analyst and probably has been done.

liljim
05-11-2011, 02:56 PM
*yaaaaaawn*

/rubs eyes

wow, i had the craziest dream last night.

/looks at caller ID on phone

WTF?

;) if ya get it ya get it hehe

wfgodot
05-11-2011, 03:36 PM
Four weeks. And, to put this in perspective, Shelly Mook's been missing for 72 days now.

Some Beach
05-11-2011, 03:40 PM
*yaaaaaawn*

/rubs eyes

wow, i had the craziest dream last night.

/looks at caller ID on phone

WTF?

;) if ya get it ya get it hehe

I hope your dream included a phone call to the authorities. Did the TBI or FBI phone number also show up on your caller ID?

As for the "hehe" - I don't find this amusing.

liljim
05-11-2011, 03:53 PM
I hope your dream included a phone call to the authorities. Did the TBI or FBI phone number also show up on your caller ID?

As for the "hehe" - I don't find this amusing.

it was a momentary acknowledgment of something bizarre, please dont try to make it seem like i was being disrespectful to this situation. i most certainly was not. i do understand your reply and dont want to argue with anyone. just felt a bit on the defensive there.

to your other point, i did not hear from anyone else. and i dont think im supposed to discuss this any further on here.

sumzero
05-11-2011, 04:03 PM
Thoughts -- take 'em or leave 'em . . .

1. I imagine that LE identified the most promising leads first and pursued them. Now, they're probably working on the less promising leads. Maybe they'll get lucky with one of them. Maybe not.

2. I also imagine that LE identified the places that a search team might turn up clues. The searchers, early on, probably combed through all those areas. Now, it makes no sense to send people out to other areas unless a tip leads them to a specific location.

3. If LE could connect HB's abduction with a second abduction, then they'd probably warn the public about the existence of a serial predator. For now, though, they probably have no idea if (a) the perpetrator is local or non-local; or (b) if this abduction is an isolated event or part of a series of events.

4. I don't know how much publicity an abduction normally receives. But it does seem to me that this particular case received more than its share of coverage. The TN governor even intervened to ramp up the reward $. In other words: the lack of coverage is not the reason this case will go cold, if it goes cold. (IMO, of course.)

5. I don't know that the perpetrator necessarily had to know his victim. He might be someone who is comfortable in a rural setting. Maybe he hunted or fished in the area. During his activities in the area, he might have sought a victim at a time (i.e., early morning) and place (i.e., remote location) that made her susceptible. HB just happened to be the one.

6. IMO, this wasn't the first time this person has perpetrated a crime. He found an opportune time to strike. He apparently kept his vehicle out of sight. He did not draw attention to himself with his choice of clothing. He probably discarded any evidence right away (e.g., the lunch bag). If he transported HB (bound) in his vehicle, he had more than enough time to remove her from the immediate area (and conceal her body later). It seems like a quick and efficient crime. I imagine it won't be solved anytime soon (if at all). :(

liltexans
05-11-2011, 04:18 PM
TBI Debunks Holly Bobo Rumors:

http://www.examiner.com/crime-in-nashville/tbi-debunks-holly-bobo-rumors

TxLady2
05-11-2011, 04:34 PM

Obviously, we don't know for certain, but that is what LE assumes, (except for the knife which was my speculation only. Sorry, should have clarified, it was still early.) They seem to believe she was in fear of her life, so they must have very good reason to think that.

Are you asking if this could all be made up? That the abduction didn't happen? Of course... anything is possible. But I seriously doubt that it is, I think it is very real, and I think if this was a made up story, all the LE working on this case would have figured that out by now. JMO

TxLady2
05-11-2011, 04:55 PM
My gut tells me the man is someone known by the family. I think LE know who he is & trying to make things appear as though they don't have a POI in hopes he will let his guard down. JMO

Or they are hesitant to name a POI or suspect until they have probable cause to make an arrest.

jabberwocky
05-11-2011, 05:31 PM

mother not home,

Hi liljim-
could you please post links to the info you wrote above, ie 1) HB being "carried" 2) youngish white male 3) 1 or 2 abductors seen 4) no evidence of a vehicle ?
I've been following this since the first day and I haven't seen these comments in any MSM. Thanks

Marbir
05-11-2011, 05:33 PM
Obviously, we don't know for certain, but that is what LE assumes, (except for the knife which was my speculation only. Sorry, should have clarified, it was still early.) They seem to believe she was in fear of her life, so they must have very good reason to think that.

Are you asking if this could all be made up? That the abduction didn't happen? Of course... anything is possible. But I seriously doubt that it is, I think it is very real, and I think if this was a made up story, all the LE working on this case would have figured that out by now. JMO

Yes my point was that the abduction COULD be made up. There is really nothing anyone knows at this point it seems. LE have changed their minds about a lot of things they had said at the begining.

But also Holly stands 5' 3' 110 lbs. Petite as you say. So if you look at a picture of her standing next to her boyfreind he is maybe 5' 10" 155 lbs? I hope if the brother saw a 6ft 200lb man taking Holly in the woods he would have known it wasn't the boyfreind.

I wonder what the description of suspect that grabbed that other woman in the nearby town is? I'm assuming the witness description of Holly's abductor is simalar to her boyfriend description right?

I'm sure they'll be more details soon

10EC_Dad
05-11-2011, 05:58 PM
Yes my point was that the abduction COULD be made up. There is really nothing anyone knows at this point it seems. LE have changed their minds about a lot of things they had said at the begining.

But also Holly stands 5' 3' 110 lbs. Petite as you say. So if you look at a picture of her standing next to her boyfreind he is maybe 5' 10" 155 lbs? I hope if the brother saw a 6ft 200lb man taking Holly in the woods he would have known it wasn't the boyfreind.

I wonder what the description of suspect that grabbed that other woman in the nearby town is? I'm assuming the witness description of Holly's abductor is simalar to her boyfriend description right?

I am curious about the "lot of things" LE has changed their minds about. What are those things and how do you discern between what LE changed and the media variations?

So, there are only 2 inches from 5'10" and 6', pretty minimal from 25 yards out. The boyfriend looks heavier than 155lbs. Marginal weight differences can be difficult to calculate under loose clothing. So, I do not question why the brother would initially mistake the perp as Holly's boyfriend. I am not sure why there is continued consternation over this.

Initially, this case involved rapidly changing circumstances from transitions in LE agencies to numerous leads coming in that had to be verified. Leads led to evidence which lead to searches. Circumstantial evidence, along with interviews and tips, are factors in determining the nature and scope of the crimes as well as an initial categorization of the perp.

At this point, I would think certian theories have solidified and now are being pursued to determine POIs. It is also reasonable to think that evidence is being gathered to eliminate POIs or further develop a case to unravel a POI.

Carla Lashelle
05-11-2011, 05:58 PM

LE has siad its a genuine abduction. There is no reason it is not, especially with blood evidence and other evidence found between her kidnapping and Easter Sunday.

The description of the suspect was amended a few days ago to make him larger and taller than originally described.

The suspect in the other attempted abduction is described as being tall and thin. There is not a great description of him, nor of Hollys abductor.

Remeber with Holly's brother, he may have seen the man and his sister at a distance of maybe 50 yards. Thats half a football field away. We dont know where in the yard he saw them walking. So he could have been near or quite far off to get a good description. Obviously he did not get that good of a look as he assumed it was the boyfriend she was walking with. Only when he went out side later, found her car still there and blood did he call the cops.

After a month I think we are going to get about all the details we are going to get. Most of what we know now was known within 48 hours.

Carla Lashelle
05-11-2011, 06:00 PM
One thing no one has brought up... and this is quite possible...

People ask well why didnt Holly drop this or drop that at the house. Possibly some evidence BESIDES THE BLOOD was found there. LE just did not release it. She could have very well dropped something (or the suspect could have for that matter). So the blood was made public but something else may be withheld.

Some Beach
05-11-2011, 06:00 PM
I was looking for some validation that the blood that was found does not belong to Holly. For some reason, I feel better believing that it belonged to the perp. Don't ask me why. Bottom line is Holly is still missing.

Carla Lashelle
05-11-2011, 06:07 PM
I was looking for some validation that the blood that was found does not belong to Holly. For some reason, I feel better believing that it belonged to the perp. Don't ask me why. Bottom line is Holly is still missing.

We do know the bloodwork tests came back. But the results were not made positive. Somehow I think it is someone who is not in the system. If it were someone who was in the system, I think his name would have been made public in a Bolo or something similar. That happened here recently with a cop killer on the loose. They had his name and face splashed everywhere.

grandmaj
05-11-2011, 06:17 PM
Please peeps no rumors. Thanks.

Jo in Calif
05-11-2011, 07:00 PM
BTH on in a few minutes

Jo in Calif
05-11-2011, 07:01 PM
It's starting.

Jo in Calif
05-11-2011, 07:01 PM
Wow canceling show.

Jo in Calif
05-11-2011, 07:02 PM
Security reasons, respect for TBA.

Chili Fries
05-11-2011, 07:03 PM
Sounds like the TBI shut it down.

Jo in Calif
05-11-2011, 07:03 PM
And protection of the family.

Jo in Calif
05-11-2011, 07:06 PM
Sounds to me that there is much more going on with this than we know about.

concentric
05-11-2011, 07:06 PM

cluciano63
05-11-2011, 07:10 PM
If it was the same woman who was on JVM Monday, she says she is a family friend and that she did not have any info about the case. Maybe the family asked her not to do it?

wfgodot
05-11-2011, 07:33 PM
It's interesting if indeed the guest was to be family friend Tammy Raimey. On JVM (05.09), she defended Clint and implicitly criticized TBI regarding the early wording - "dragged" v. "led":

---
ELEZ-MITCHELL: I want to give Tammy, a friend of the family, the last word on that. Because you could drag somebody and not have drag marks, Tammy.

RAIMEY: I don`t believe that is what Clint ever told them. I think that was bad wording from the TBI from the very start.
---
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1105/09/ijvm.01.html

cluciano63
05-11-2011, 07:34 PM
It's interesting if indeed the guest was to be family friend Tammy Raimey. On JVM, she defended Clint and implicitly criticized TBI regarding the early wording - "dragged" v. "led":

Good point...she put that on TBI, rightly or wrongly.

wfgodot
05-11-2011, 07:36 PM
I'd certainly like to know why this show was called off at the last minute, and by whom.

Carla Lashelle
05-11-2011, 07:51 PM
Its odd because Holly was supposed to be featured on the NG show on a Monday night. Trailers played on TV from Friday through Monday hyping the show and talking about alleged cell phone pings and text messages... Yet the show never aired. No mention of Holly was made Monday or really at all since then. So someone shut that one down.

Carla Lashelle
05-11-2011, 07:52 PM
The latest mainstream news is barely anything.... the copy keeps shrinking and shrinking.

http://www.newschannel5.com/story/14628264/still-no-sign-of-holly-bobo-four-weeks-later

cluciano63
05-11-2011, 08:01 PM
Its odd because Holly was supposed to be featured on the NG show on a Monday night. Trailers played on TV from Friday through Monday hyping the show and talking about alleged cell phone pings and text messages... Yet the show never aired. No mention of Holly was made Monday or really at all since then. So someone shut that one down.

Or the info was bad info...no one else had it and for NG to have a real scoop, the world has to stop first.

Carla Lashelle
05-11-2011, 08:11 PM
Or the info was bad info...no one else had it and for NG to have a real scoop, the world has to stop first.

Thats true but it is still odd that NG only covered Holly once and not really even initially. The lack of new news or any news has not stopped NG from covering cases in the past. Casey Anthony case in point. Its been the same old stuff for the last two years. JVM just had it on once or so either. Its almost like they are trying to avoid it.

cluciano63
05-11-2011, 08:18 PM
Thats true but it is still odd that NG only covered Holly once and not really even initially. The lack of new news or any news has not stopped NG from covering cases in the past. Casey Anthony case in point. Its been the same old stuff for the last two years. JVM just had it on once or so either. Its almost like they are trying to avoid it.

I think there would have to be a really big break in the case, or some family sideshow like we see in Hailey Dunn's case, to give up even a minute of Casey Anthony time...they've been waiting for this for too long.

Snowbunny
05-11-2011, 08:31 PM
I hate to say it folks, but PCSO tried to do the same thing down in Florida where the HaLeigh Cummings case was concerned only they didn't succeed. They ran Cobra out of town and shut everybody down for a while down there. It was all the sideshows that got everything riled up back down there. TN is a different state. LE doesn't talk and I know that from experience. As I once stated a guy was shot in the back of the head five times in my childrens' school yard and LE was flooded with calls and the only thing that was ever mentioned was that it was a suicide and not another word was ever mentioned. Suicide right!

Trino
05-11-2011, 09:15 PM
How long will it be before the Bobo family says, "Enough is Enough," and demand media coverage and help?

Rallihanna
05-11-2011, 09:20 PM
This is just such an odd case- one I'm deeply troubled by. So sad for this young woman.

Jo in Calif
05-11-2011, 09:24 PM
How long will it be before the Bobo family says, "Enough is Enough," and demand media coverage and help?

Probably when they loose confidence with LE and feel like media coverage and help from other sources, other than LE, will help them find their daughter.

Marbir
05-11-2011, 10:01 PM
I am curious about the "lot of things" LE has changed their minds about. What are those things and how do you discern between what LE changed and the media variations?

So, there are only 2 inches from 5'10" and 6', pretty minimal from 25 yards out. The boyfriend looks heavier than 155lbs. Marginal weight differences can be difficult to calculate under loose clothing. So, I do not question why the brother would initially mistake the perp as Holly's boyfriend. I am not sure why there is continued consternation over this.

Initially, this case involved rapidly changing circumstances from transitions in LE agencies to numerous leads coming in that had to be verified. Leads led to evidence which lead to searches. Circumstantial evidence, along with interviews and tips, are factors in determining the nature and scope of the crimes as well as an initial categorization of the perp.

At this point, I would think certian theories have solidified and now are being pursued to determine POIs. It is also reasonable to think that evidence is being gathered to eliminate POIs or further develop a case to unravel a POI.

I really don't know if the different stories I have heard are the result of news media differences or LE. Everything I know is via news media.

I think it was odd that LE said they ruled out the brother so quickly the first day of news reports. Maybe a mistake.

And it seems to me LE is "creating" what the witness (brother) said he saw that morning instead of just telling us what the witness said he saw.

I'm sure something bad has happened to Holly. Not disputing that.

And I do not think much is going to come out about what LE currently thinks until they find Holly or give up trying to find her.

dotnetnow
05-11-2011, 11:11 PM
Video of Holly made me smile and then sad. Still great to see and the way I want to remember her regardless of how this all turns out.

-nice post!

AmandaReckonwith
05-11-2011, 11:40 PM
Case archive:

Snowbunny
05-11-2011, 11:46 PM
My heart and prayers go out to the Bobo family. No matter which way one looks at this case its sad. I pray that Holly is found and brought home.

Mustang Sally
05-11-2011, 11:54 PM
Gail Nowacki Palmgren is missing as of 4/30/11 from Signal Mountain TN.

She is driving a Jeep Rubicon, 4 door, Red, with AL license plate number "Eazy St" .

Gail is 5'8", blond hair, 135 lbs. Call Signal Mountain PD at 423-886-2124

Please help us find Gail Nowacki Palmgren. Click here to join our discussion.

This is on the banner for Websleuths......An other missing blond haired woman in Tennessee....Wondering how close this town is to Holly's little town?

Dear God.......Please bring Holly home to those that love her!!

Emma Peel
05-12-2011, 12:31 AM
I hate to say it folks, but PCSO tried to do the same thing down in Florida where the HaLeigh Cummings case was concerned only they didn't succeed. They ran Cobra out of town and shut everybody down for a while down there. It was all the sideshows that got everything riled up back down there. TN is a different state. LE doesn't talk and I know that from experience. As I once stated a guy was shot in the back of the head five times in my childrens' school yard and LE was flooded with calls and the only thing that was ever mentioned was that it was a suicide and not another word was ever mentioned. Suicide right!

:eek:

that is quite an indictment. Snowbunny, not to give you a hard time or anything, but it would be really interesting to have a link on this if possible.

TIA!

SmoothOperator
05-12-2011, 02:58 AM

Still catching up the last couple pages so forgive if already addressed.. am wondering if this number could be shaved or narrowed even a bit more..

1,801 males in Decatur County ages 20-45..They can shave down the number by removing all African Americans[since LE has verified he is white male] but with the distance of the sighting I would be hesitant to narrow it down further as to the skin coloring such as Latino or Mexican as examples..IMO given the distance I'd say that would be too quick to assume..But definitely could rule out all African Americans from the 1,801 pool of possibility...

One other detail that could be used to lower and narrow that pool of possibilities is if LE is certain that the perp is of say atlas 5"8-5"9[And yes i know what LE's description of the perp is] and the number depends on if you go with LE's first describing the detail of height or the second description they released..and that is why I safely went with perp's height atleast being 5"8-5"9..Therefor LEwould be able to narrow the number of possibilities to any even smaller pool of men in Decatur County from the pool consisting of white males, 20-45yoa..by then removing all those who's height is under 5"9..

I am not sure of the percentages in Decatur county of what their make up of race is, but no matter how slim a percentage of differing ethnicities from that of the perp[whose been stated was indeed white/caucasian]by removing any males that are African American it would, regardless of how small, atleast narrow the scope of the investigation somewhat..That combined with removing any males of short stature[under 5"8 to err on the side of caution]..Would prove to atleast have forward movement in Holly's case..

For now I continue to pray for Holly if by some miracle she is still alive that she be spared from the evil of that which took her and thus far has kept her for unknown reasons[yet I know we all have the horrible thoughts of what his sick motive was for taking her[..I pray that God put a host of Angels surrounding Holly and keep her safe until we can find her..

ETA: one other thing while this topic is on my mind is that another possibility to help narrow down is by removing many handicapped such as wheel chair bound, removing anyone who on the day of April 13 had a type of injury that would've been clearly seen by the eyewitness..such as a broken leg with large cast and/or crutches, etc, etc..

I think if sat and pondered on details such as these that would almost positively rule out a good number of those 1, 801 men as possibilities.. if thought through I sincerely believe that number could infact be significantly smaller..

Just a few of my thoughts on various ways to narrow down the 1,801 males that are in the pool of possibilities..

ThoughtFox
05-12-2011, 03:29 AM
Gail Nowacki Palmgren is missing as of 4/30/11 from Signal Mountain TN.

She is driving a Jeep Rubicon, 4 door, Red, with AL license plate number "Eazy St" .

Gail is 5'8", blond hair, 135 lbs. Call Signal Mountain PD at 423-886-2124

Please help us find Gail Nowacki Palmgren. Click here to join our discussion.

This is on the banner for Websleuths......An other missing blond haired woman in Tennessee....Wondering how close this town is to Holly's little town?

It's quite a distance, and probably not related to Holly at all. You should read the thread and you'll see what I mean. :) It's more of a marital situation.

TxLady2
05-12-2011, 09:27 AM
I think there would have to be a really big break in the case, or some family sideshow like we see in Hailey Dunn's case, to give up even a minute of Casey Anthony time...they've been waiting for this for too long.

Ain't it the truth!! I wonder if HLN realizes that not everybody is glued to the Casey Anthony coverage. It's a shame, considering that there are people going missing every day, and some of them are children, and their families need their loved ones' names out there.

TxLady2
05-12-2011, 09:44 AM
I really don't know if the different stories I have heard are the result of news media differences or LE. Everything I know is via news media.

I think it was odd that LE said they ruled out the brother so quickly the first day of news reports. Maybe a mistake.

And it seems to me LE is "creating" what the witness (brother) said he saw that morning instead of just telling us what the witness said he saw.

I'm sure something bad has happened to Holly. Not disputing that.

And I do not think much is going to come out about what LE currently thinks until they find Holly or give up trying to find her.

I could be wrong, but I believe some of the changing details were the fault of the media, not necessarily LE. AFAIK, they DID tell us what the brother saw, and they have corrected the initial assumption that she was dragged, rather than being led. But the point is, the corrections were made by them.
It's really hard to separate all the rumors from facts, though.
As for the description changing, I don't think a couple inches and 20 lbs is that big a difference. I am sure that after interviewing the brother several times, the details are becoming more clear.
I still don't think that the abduction was made up, or the brother is covering up, because I believe LE would have picked up on that by now. They're pretty good at determining when someone is not telling the truth. And I feel quite certain that they have talked to him numerous times, although we are not privy to what they have learned in those conversations.
I agree that it's likely that something bad has happened to Holly. Sadly, until she is found, we probably won't know much more than that.

Daisyjane
05-12-2011, 10:50 AM
Ain't it the truth!! I wonder if HLN realizes that not everybody is glued to the Casey Anthony coverage. It's a shame, considering that there are people going missing every day, and some of them are children, and their families need their loved ones' names out there.

I totally agree. But you must admit there's not much to report about Holly's case because there's no developments being released and no comments from family. Nancy Grace would not have much material for a show on Holly. However there's a treasure trove of info on 'Tot-Mom' and the Anthony clan (Casey even had a meltdown in court yesterday, and had to be removed).

concentric
05-12-2011, 11:36 AM
JMO

Nancy's show is only an hour, so being that Nancy and crew has been working on the Caylee Anthony case for years, I cut them some slack with regards to honing in on the trial. It's a monumental task I'm sure just to gather all of their resources to cover this one. Many of us here, devoted our time to the case.

However, someone else should take up the slack on the missing persons cases.

concentric
05-12-2011, 11:58 AM
Beth Twitty (Holloway) is the host of a new program on missing persons. Not sure if it is on cold cases, active cases, or both. I believe it's called "Vanished" on the Lifetime network.

grandmaj
05-12-2011, 12:44 PM
Psychic discussion of any kind is not allowed anywhere on WS without the owners permission. You can link to Forensic Astrology you cannot discuss what it says here. Talking about websites we cannot link to is known as baiting. Hinting to something we can't link to. If we can't link we can't discuss. MSM folks.

Carla Lashelle
05-12-2011, 01:01 PM
Psychic discussion of any kind is not allowed anywhere on WS without the owners permission. You can link to Forensic Astrology you cannot discuss what it says here. Talking about websites we cannot link to is known as baiting. Hinting to something we can't link to. If we can't link we can't discuss. MSM folks.

My mistake.

burbqueen
05-12-2011, 02:19 PM
soooo once again nothing new? this case to me is going cold, cold, cold...Just like hailey Dunn.

wfgodot
05-12-2011, 04:06 PM
Will Nunley:

Even a month later, family members have declined to speak with me thus far.

the rest at
http://twitter.com/#!/willnunley

not_my_kids
05-12-2011, 04:07 PM
An honorary walk for the family of local kidnap victim Holly Bobo will highlight the 4th Annual Carl Perkins Trail Ride being held this Saturday at the Natchez Trace Wrangler Campground.
The event benefits the local Carl Perkins Center for the Prevention of Child Abuse located in Parsons.
Bobo, a 20-year-old nursing student, was abducted four weeks ago from her home near Darden. Her brother Clint worked for the Carl Perkins Center for two years.
Now in its fourth year, the Carl Perkins Trail Ride will feature activities for the whole family throughout the day.
http://www.decaturcountyonline.com/article.asp?art=1720

Okay, forgive me for being dense, but will the ride (which is held every year) be dedicated to Holly this year, or will the ride be used to bolster awareness for another event, which is the actual walk?
I'm lost.

cluciano63
05-12-2011, 05:02 PM
Will Nunley:

the rest at

I hope that is working for them, somehow.

53chevygirl
05-12-2011, 05:05 PM
WTH is going on? I'm so confused by the silence. Hopefully the family has some sort of news, because at a month, the LAST thing I would be doing is being quiet... unless I had a dang good reason to. I'm shocked by their silence.

liltexans
05-12-2011, 05:13 PM
Holly's cousin, Whitney, tweeted yesterday as well:

It's been a month today. Unreal. Please keep praying for Holly.

http://twitter.com/#!/whitneyduncan

Emma Peel
05-12-2011, 05:31 PM
Will Nunley:

the rest at

sounds like even this faithful reporter is flummoxed. :dunno:

ThePhantom
05-12-2011, 05:42 PM
I'm flummoxed too! Either this crime was meticulously planned to make it virtually impossible to find her, or, there is a piece of the puzzle we just don't know/are not being told.

sumzero
05-12-2011, 06:41 PM
I wonder if the Bobos have been subjected to harsher criticism than we realize. It might have compounded their pain. That could be the reason they've decided to stay out of the media glare. Who knows?

FXSTS
05-12-2011, 07:10 PM
I'm flummoxed too! Either this crime was meticulously planned to make it virtually impossible to find her, or, there is a piece of the puzzle we just don't know/are not being told.

I don't even think it's the right puzzle. The COMPLETE silence says that there is a lot more to this than meets the eye. The family won't even talk to Wil Nunley after a month. No TV shows, no press conferences,etc. It's possible that this is a unique crime with a motive that is not the "norm",
and
the deafening silence by all involved is warranted and as long as the methods used are in the interest of finding Holly. I am in no way in a position to say they aren't, but I will follow this until it ends. I think we all have a vested interest in what works and what doesn't. Especially if you have kids.

liljim
05-12-2011, 07:17 PM
i just started typing about a dozen times then stopped and deleted it, because nothing i have to say is worth anything. its not even worth typing. i have no clue about anything in this case anymore. nothing makes sense.

dont think i will have anything to say until this one is over.

Dr. Know?
05-12-2011, 07:29 PM
lil, LOL! I just deleted a post! I can't post what I've read.

I do think though on Easter that clue lead them straight to Jason. I feel they are waiting for a grand jury to convene. Sadly, Holly hasn't been found. Luckily, he's in jail and isn't going anywhere while they look for Holly and build their case against him.

My prayers go out to her family.

SmoothOperator
05-12-2011, 07:35 PM
I wonder if the Bobos have been subjected to harsher criticism than we realize. It might have compounded their pain. That could be the reason they've decided to stay out of the media glare. Who knows?

Sumzero you bring up an excellent point that I'd not given much thought to.. The family's silence possibly being due to some local harsh criticism or possibly even some harsh finger pointing as well. I am in no way saying that I would agree with these tactics if they were what was happening there in their small community but rather just thinking on it being the possible reason for their deafening silence..

I could definitely see this tiny community with having no answers, nor clue just what the he!! Is going on but I'd say it's quite likely with their having no answers to their many questions that they are downright scared and feeling as tho their worlds have been turned upside down with what has happened and there being absolutely zero resolution, and completely in the dark as to what is going on behind closed doors involving this investigation.. I can see their fear and frustration being somewhat turned on the only people who possibly know what's going on and they too are staying strangely 100% mum..

That people in the community start accusing and pointing the finger at the only person who they feel may know something, start to question the brother and as we all have seen in certain cases good intentions of a community without any assurance coming from their leaders of the community.. That fear quickly turns to anger and blame and have seen it go as far as to truly be modern witch hunts where they demand someone be "burned at the stake"(figuratively of course.. Atleast I hope)..

This would not surprise me in the very least if it is something similar that is reaching a boiling point in this tiny community..and I could see her family being in protective mode of their only child whom they still have and therefor they feel silence is their only choice at this point.. I hope I'm wrong..

But seriously something has gotta give and I hope that it's the "something" that would be the most positive at this stage a d that's that the community leaders and LE get together and realize that they do still have an entire community to worry about as well and that if that's not taken care of it could really really have this situation take an even more negative turn than what's already present their In their community..

Just some thoughts.. No facts and nothing set in stone..

Litig8ter
05-12-2011, 07:52 PM

I tend to think its the latter.

LE must strongly believe that the perp(s) are local and that Holly is still in the area, safe or not. Otherwise, we would have seen more active involvement of the FBI. I have not heard of any nationwide pleas to BOLO for Holly.

Also, there have been no media reports (or rumors) I have seen or read that even suggest any true LE searches via search warrant. In TN, grand jury proceedings, including search warrants, are secret until an indictment comes down and the perp is picked up. However, given the heightened number of media on the ground, someone would likely see a SWAT team type LE presence if any "hot" property was searched.

On the other hand, if they have ANY idea of who it could be, and if they have ANY idea that Holly would be wherever they think he might be, it becomes a rescue, and no search warrant is needed. Locally, we had a brutal torture-murder of a young couple, and had LE and the family fit the clues together a bit sooner, the girl might have been found alive, so I'm sure LE is plenty aware that any suspicion of where Holly might be must be acted on asap.

If they have the perp(s) DNA, they know by now that he is not in the national system or else there would have been warrants for his arrest out with nationwide publicity. But they appear to be placing almost all their marbles on the Parsons' area.

I think LE has convinced the family and about everybody else locally that "loose lips sink ship." Especially if it is someone local, they are going to have to find him before he finds out they are after him. Or at least they want it that way.

And as you put it, its a puzzle. LE hasn't solved it. We don't have near the pieces that LE does. And it looks like we won't know anything until they want us to. Or its leaked.

cluciano63
05-12-2011, 08:06 PM
I can't think of a case where the family did not want any media attention after this long, with a child missing. She still needs to be found, even if they do have a suspect (perhaps). I hope LE knows what they are doing, I am not one who automatically assumes that they do. Every case is different and this may be one that simply baffles them, so they are going with the old "silence is golden" rule.

Carla Lashelle
05-12-2011, 08:58 PM
Ok well here is the latest news...

http://www.wsmv.com/news/27874752/detail.html

cluciano63
05-12-2011, 09:03 PM
Okay, they just need that one piece of the puzzle...well, isn't that the case with almost any unsolved crime??

evelyn24
05-12-2011, 09:05 PM
Okay, they just need that one piece of the puzzle...well, isn't that the case with almost any unsolved crime??
Yes, the person who did it. Sadly this smells like it's going to wind up a cold case.

cluciano63
05-12-2011, 09:07 PM
Yes, the person who did it. Sadly this smells like it's going to wind up a cold case.

Or at least to find the victim...

liljim
05-12-2011, 09:08 PM
in my latest theory of the crime i think it is especially true in this case tho (the one piece/tip thing)

i think they feel they know why she was taken, they dont believe it was to kill her or sexual in nature, they believe she is ok somewhere, but they just dont know exactly who took her or where they have her.

they have who narrowed down pretty good but no proof, but they have no specific idea where.

all complete speculation and just my current theory/hope.

Nikolai
05-12-2011, 09:09 PM
Only way I could really see finger pointing or criticism directed at the family, especially when it comes to LE, is if one of them has refused a polygraph or refused to cooperate with the investigation. I would be sort of surprised if that was happening. Like many Ive always thought the brothers story and reaction during the abduction was bizarre, so hes the first guy I would think LE would try to clear as a suspect. Nothing would surprise me though.

nursebeeme
05-12-2011, 09:58 PM
i just started typing about a dozen times then stopped and deleted it, because nothing i have to say is worth anything. its not even worth typing. i have no clue about anything in this case anymore. nothing makes sense.

dont think i will have anything to say until this one is over. I am with you.

liljim
05-12-2011, 10:03 PM
I am with you.

i was with me too, for about a half hour ;)

until i came up with a whole new theory of the crime and now i cant shutup about it...

nursebeeme
05-12-2011, 10:35 PM
i was with me too, for about a half hour ;)

until i came up with a whole new theory of the crime and now i cant shutup about it...

do share

not_my_kids
05-12-2011, 10:38 PM
Personally, I think that LE believes what the stats tell them:
Holly is dead.
She was dead within 48 hours of the last time that Clint saw her.
Her killer knows her, and she went with him under the threat of physical harm or the belief that if she didn't fight, she would make it.

They likely have POI's or suspects, but per TBI's standard procedure, they aren't going to publicize that until they have proof. JMO

Trino
05-12-2011, 10:43 PM
Personally, I think that LE believes what the stats tell them:
Holly is dead.
She was dead within 48 hours of the last time that Clint saw her.
Her killer knows her, and she went with him under the threat of physical harm or the belief that if she didn't fight, she would make it.

They likely have POI's or suspects, but per TBI's standard procedure, they aren't going to publicize that until they have proof. JMO

Your theory is as good as anyone else's. The big question is WHY she was abducted. Was it sexual, or was it for some other reason?

not_my_kids
05-12-2011, 10:50 PM
Your theory is as good as anyone else's. The big question is WHY she was abducted. Was it sexual, or was it for some other reason?

Going by the stats, yes, it was sexual. The perp wanted her, the perp hunted her, the perp took her, and when he was done with her, he killed her. Anything else would be a miracle and after a month, I can't believe in a miracle anymore. Not that it won't happen, just that I can't hold out hope anymore. Reality has set in.

cluciano63
05-12-2011, 10:54 PM
Going by the stats, yes, it was sexual. The perp wanted her, the perp hunted her, the perp took her, and when he was done with her, he killed her. Anything else would be a miracle and after a month, I can't believe in a miracle anymore. Not that it won't happen, just that I can't hold out hope anymore. Reality has set in.

But still, she needs to be found, no matter what. Phylicia Barnes comes to mind...searches were prompted for her regularly, her family pleaded whenever and whereever they could for a while at least...no one wanted her just left out there somewhere. That part does not make sense to me. And also how LE could just assume, or even know, she is dead. I agree she may well be, but usually it is much longer than a month before LE will ever admit it and families NEVER accept that without knowing for sure.

not_my_kids
05-12-2011, 11:01 PM
But still, she needs to be found, no matter what. Phylicia Barnes comes to mind...searches were prompted for her regularly, her family pleaded whenever and whereever they could for a while at least...no one wanted her just left out there somewhere. That part does not make sense to me. And also how LE could just assume, or even know, she is dead. I agree she may well be, but usually it is much longer than a month before LE will ever admit it and families NEVER accept that without knowing for sure.

Oh yes, I agree that she needs to be found, but I don't think there is any real hope of her being rescued, just recovered and put at peace in such a way that her family can also be at peace. :(

cluciano63
05-12-2011, 11:17 PM
Oh yes, I agree that she needs to be found, but I don't think there is any real hope of her being rescued, just recovered and put at peace in such a way that her family can also be at peace. :(

But what I am saying is, I have never heard of a family accepting that their child is actually deceased without it being proven to them, by actually seeing him or her. Look at some of these parents who have had children missing for decades-they still believe they are alive. And if they are alive to them, they can't stop themselves for asking for help or media attention. On the series earlier this year that Nancy Grace did on the missing, not one parent thought their child was dead.

Nikolai
05-12-2011, 11:40 PM

I agree its most likely something sexual, I doubt robbery or anything else would be the motive. Im sure that LE checked up with all sex offenders in the area. From the pictures Holly looks attractive and she may have had someone obsessed or stalking her. I would also think its someone who knows her at least a little bit. I get sick thinking about what the kidnapper could have done to her before she was killed.

Thats all assuming she was abducted, sexually assaulted, and murdered. I still think a miracle can happen, but the odds are very slim right now.

not_my_kids
05-12-2011, 11:46 PM
But what I am saying is, I have never heard of a family accepting that their child is actually deceased without it being proven to them, by actually seeing him or her. Look at some of these parents who have had children missing for decades-they still believe they are alive. And if they are alive to them, they can't stop themselves for asking for help or media attention. On the series earlier this year that Nancy Grace did on the missing, not one parent thought their child was dead.

I don't think her family believes that she is dead. I think they are trusting LE because they feel that is the thing that will bring Holly home, and LE is telling them to stay mum for whatever reason. The TBI seems to shut down communication when they come on a case. I don't really have links for that, it's just the trend that I've noticed by looking at other cases that they have been involved in.

RavenTrue
05-12-2011, 11:56 PM
I check here 2 to 3 times per day for Holly, even if only for a second and that seems to be all it takes. It's one thing for LE to keep it close to the vest--I celebrate that. But with NOTHING (let's face it), people really do start to lose interest. Worse yet...they forget. The absolute worst of all outcomes even if she is deceased. She deserves our attention, love, and prayers no matter. I am not going to forget, or give up even with the lack of LE support. ♥

Laddsy
05-13-2011, 12:20 AM
This thread has come to an abrupt halt. We flew through about 20 threads in a few weeks and now nothing. I really thought this one was going to be solved quickly due to all the searchers etc

EllenRoss
05-13-2011, 01:19 AM
Ok well here is the latest news...

http://www.wsmv.com/news/27874752/detail.html

That is the same thing Patsy Ramsey said about finding JBR's 'killer'. :banghead:
They needed that one piece of the puzzle.....

Imo, I'm not sure LE knows where to look for Holly. There are way too many cases of people vanishing without a trace. :(
I can't imagine the pain Holly's family is experiencing.