PDA

View Full Version : TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #24

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

imamaze
05-09-2011, 11:08 PM
Holly Lynn Bobo was last seen early on the morning of April 13, 2011, outside of her home in Darden, Tennessee. She was seen being led away from the carport of her home toward a wooded area by a man described as approximately 5'8" to 6'0" tall and 200 pounds, wearing camouflage clothing.
Holly Lynn Bobo was last seen wearing a pink shirt and light blue jeans.
http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/holly-bobo/image_thumb http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/holly-bobo/bobo_h3.jpg/image_thumb

Thread #1 Thread #2

Thread #3 Thread #4

Thread #5 Thread #6 (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6353943&posted=1#post6353943)

Thread #7 Thread #8

Thread #9 Thread #10

Thread #11 Thread #12

Thread #13 Thread #14

Thread #15 Thread #16

Thread #17 Thread #18

Thread #19 Thread #20

Thread #21 Thread #22

Thread #23

-RUMORS are not allowed and will be removed.
-It's fine to discuss the brother and anyone mentioned in the media and tied to this case. Its not ok to talk about him or anyone as a suspect or POI. No one has been named as such.
-If you are new to us here, please take a moment to review our Terms of Service and Rules, especially the piece regarding social networking sites (Facebook and Twitter):
Rules Etiquette & Information
STOP FLINGING MUD AT HOLLY'S FAMILY REGARDING THE T-SHIRTS! End of story.

Professional Posters & Verified Locals/Insiders

Holly Bobo Map (http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0&msid=218199748434644937742.0004a0e4115bf271e54ae&hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=35.679217,-88.175486&spn=0.007617,0.013057&t=h&z=17)
Created by Hollye Thanks!

Some blog sites are not allowed to be linked to because of so many rumors being posted on them. Please pm a Mod if its not posted below to see if they are allowed.
The following blog sites are allowed to be linked to:
Case Signal (BeanE's site)
Val - The Hinky Meter
Amandareckonwth's case archive site - Crankycrankerson
Patty G's Video Library site
[B]Please continue here!

grandmaj
05-19-2011, 08:35 PM
bump....

Starry Night
05-19-2011, 09:04 PM
Holly Bobo belongs to all of us. Let's renew our efforts. So many brains who post here on these threads. Patience, intelligence, and diligence required to help solve her disappearance.

cluciano63
05-19-2011, 09:11 PM
I don't know what we can be doing. We've looked at various RSO's; LE says they are not focusing on anyone in particular including the one in jail now. We are not hearing any info re: pings, or anything else that can be mapped. There are no planned searches for anyone within dirving distance to take part in. We can't discuss anyone whose name has not come up in media and no names have come up. We aren't hearing from the family, learning more about Holly as a person, or about her routine.

So we are kind of at a loss, as far as I can tell. We can only post when there is something to say, it doesn't mean no one is thinking about her.

shefner
05-19-2011, 09:14 PM
I am thinking of her everyday....several times a day.

Holly, please come home.

Kimster
05-19-2011, 09:22 PM
I don't know what we can be doing. We've looked at various RSO's; LE says they are not focusing on anyone in particular including the one in jail now. We are not hearing any info re: pings, or anything else that can be mapped. There are no planned searches for anyone within dirving distance to take part in. We can't discuss anyone whose name has not come up in media and no names have come up. We aren't hearing from the family, learning more about Holly as a person, or about her routine.

So we are kind of at a loss, as far as I can tell. We can only post when there is something to say, it doesn't mean no one is thinking about her.

It breaks my heart to read this. :(

So many loved ones out there who need answers and all of us would do anything to help them. :grouphug:

Starry Night
05-19-2011, 09:25 PM
I hear you Clu.... I feel just the fact this thread exists gives a good edge to helping solve her disappearance.
I also feel that as dedicated as we are to finding her, LE is also. We have to have that faith. And I hope I didn't just blow the new thread lol.
Thinking positive here. I like King Arthur's mantra that 'Right is Might'.
Color me stupid or blind if you will but I am feeling positive.

Eyehavehope
05-19-2011, 09:37 PM
Just checking in. Wishing there were some news on Holly. She's on my mind and in my heart, like so many others here.

Kimster
05-19-2011, 09:46 PM
http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Holly%20Bobo%20%20-TN-/HLB.jpg
http://photobucket.com/images/holly%20bobo/

Kimster
05-19-2011, 09:47 PM
Hope I didn't blow the margins. I have a program that resets pics for me so let me know if there's a problem. I just love that pic of Holly. <3

Starry Night
05-19-2011, 10:02 PM
She is definitely an exceptionally beautiful girl. Just like Morgan Harrington.

sumzero
05-19-2011, 10:20 PM
Her whole life ahead of her . . .

Kimster
05-19-2011, 10:33 PM
I don't know what it is, but I keep hoping that whoever took her has kept her for himself like what happened with Elizabeth Smart. I don't always feel that way and don't really follow gut feelings, but in this case, I have more hope for that than usual.

:praying:

SmoothOperator
05-19-2011, 10:58 PM
my opinions only, no facts here:

If the local and state reporters would be proactive, we would probably know more details about this case. Sitting around and waiting for something to come over the wire is NOT the same as investigative reporting. This case is crying out for a good bird-dogging investigative reporter.*

I have lived a long time and I am used to weekly updates from investigators on cases that may involve capital crime. If the veil of silence about the Holly Bobo investigation contributes to an arrest pretty soon, then everything will make sense to me. But if this case is still languishing many months from now and the public has been given no more information, I will throw up my hands to the heavens. I maintain (as in my other posts) that this case is eminently solvable and I believe there is a reason why the authorities are so quiet.*

For me it is simple, when I look at cases such as the Jamison family in Oklahoma or the McStay family in San Ysidro, I can more-or-less figure out what happened. These are not difficult cases to work out. But the Holly Bobo case irks me, because I have so little to work with.

I totally agree with your thoughts ^above^, Mr Noatak..*

Anyone here that happens to also follow the Hailey Dunn case in Colorado City, TX knows this exact feeling as well. Unfortunately CCity is very much lacking as well in the as you nicely phrased it, "bird-dogging investigative reporter" field. Many of us have voiced this repeatedly in our posts in Hailey's forum since way back at the end of January(approx. 1 month into Hailey's case)...

It seems to me the most likeliest of reasons is that we are talking about Tiny Town, USA in both of these cases and until either of these young girls literally vanished into thin air(both from their homes) I'd say there wasnt much need in either town for the type investigative journalist/reporter that we're talking about and tho neither Tiny Town is that far from the bright lights of a big city where there usually is no shortage of these type of take no BS type of reporters that live and breathe the cases they're following and reporting to us the public.. They certainly don't seem to be putting forth the effort to travel these short distances to these small towns and dig in their heels on these two frustrating and sad cases of two beautiful young girls with their entire lives literally ripped from them without warning...

But why?? As you stated I, too believe that if there were a really good and determined investigative reporter on Hollys case that it's quite likely that we would know more(and I want to reiterate that I am not wanting LE to release info/details that would hinder the case and therefor benefit the perp in the case).. But I know that there is definitely more that we "could" know without it negatively impacting in any way the investigation or the case that one day will be laid out before a jury to decide this monster's fate..

So, with all of that said(and reiterated) my question is why would out of the many Investigative reporters that are aplenty located on either side of Parsons(Nashville to the east and Memphis to the west)why would not any of these put In that small amount of extra effort to travel this short distance and cover this story(that IMO someone should be pleading to keep Holly's face out there especially in these two major cities that neighbor Parsons on either side).. She very easily could've been taken to either city or thru either of these cities.. Someone could have seen SOMETHING ON THAT WEDNESDAY MORNING OF APRIL 13th!!!!.. But the truth of the matter is *here we are over 1 month out and the vast majority of ppl do not even know that a Holly Bobo even exists. Sad to say but that is the truth of the matter.. Her name has already disappeared from any headlines here in one of those nearest big cities and at this point there extremely rarely is even a 2 sentence or 5 second news blurb about Holly... And the way things are going Holly Bobo will continue just getting a way distant and faint memory for those who first heard her story 1 month ago..

IMO Holly desperately needs to be kept in the news until her case is solved and I fear that the few of us here at WS that have closely followed since that breaking news of her disappearance will soon be the only ones who even still have Holly on their minds and in their prayers..

IMO that is just not good enough...

Posting via mobile so please excuse errors as there is not the same amount of control as I'd have posting from my laptop! Thanks! :)

10EC_Dad
05-20-2011, 12:44 AM
I am not really sure what a reporter constantly calling LE or bashing LE is going to do to help this case.

I don't assume LE is not trying their best. This case has had much publicity, government support, and LE attention.

Sometimes it is better to stop badgering LE and let them do their job.

Mr. Noatak
05-20-2011, 01:23 AM

To SmoothOperator: I have been an amateur sleuth for more than 30 years. I examine the official evidence provided to the public and when I reach the point of identifying a suspect I shut up and wait until the case is solved. Then I check and see if my original call was correct. I have a good record, but do have some significant disasters, including the case many years ago where the perpetrator killed a girl then buried her ENTIRE CAR. I was soooo wrong about that case. Regarding Holly Bobo, if I had an answer from law enforcement to any two of the following questions I might be able to come up with a suspect (but I would never be so callous or presumptive as to tell anyone):

Who has taken polygraphs? (I do not need to know the results of the polygraphs)
Did the neighbor hear (beyond any reasonable doubt) a woman scream or is this rumor?
What was the 'second significant item' found?
Did the search dogs definitely show that Holly was not led into the woods west from the house?
Why did the police conduct a search at the intersection of 5 Forks and Swan Johnson Road?
Why did the police conduct a search north of Bible Hill (where the lunch bag or box was found)?
Why has the indentify of the 'second significant item' not been revealed to the public?
(and other questions that are too provocative to list on websleuths)

This is a big IF, but if the scanty information we have been provided is correct regarding witness accounts, timing, and physical evidence, I hypothesize that Holly was led NE or SE from the house to a waiting vehicle on or near Swan Johnson Road. From there the vehicle traveled north to the intersection of 5 Forks and Swan Johnson Road. Somewhere after that she is no longer in the vehicle and evidence is placed in various areas (I believe more items remain to be found) while traveling on a circuitous clockwise route around the general area of the crime.

Bye the bye, there is another possible reason why the police are not using public searches in the Holly Bobo case anymore, beyond any of the suggestions on the website. It is not a sinister reason, it is a very practical reason. Can anyone figure out what the reason might be?

SmoothOperator
05-20-2011, 02:46 AM
I am not really sure what a reporter constantly calling LE or bashing LE is going to do to help this case.

I don't assume LE is not trying their best. This case has had much publicity, government support, and LE attention.

As for the last sentence I dont think it applies In this case.. I live in Tennessee and there is zero reporting on her so definitely don't believe there is any badgering going on of LE..

I hope and pray for Holly and for Hollys loved ones especially along with their entire community that has felt the affects of this personal violation taken place in the very place that most of us feel our absolute safest.. For this reason especially I hope and pray that LE Are miles ahead in this investigation and have a valid, important reason for their unusual silence, hush hush nature that has thus far been seen.

No one here on this board is alone nor in the minority when Posting about concerns about the unusual silence. It is being questioned by those with much more experience and education in this vein of the law and investigations as well as multiple families/parents of children who have walked in the very shoes along the very rough road that the Bobos are on presently..

It is odd and most likely will continue to be posted about and discussed..

Everyone wants one thing and that's Holly Bobo to be found.. No matter what tactic LE choose to take I will continue to pray that it be the tactic that will lead to Holly and those responsible for what has been done to her..

Whatever LE decision is on handling this investigation is irrelevant in my main plight for there to be continuing coverage in the media.. Keeping Holly's face along with other details IMO is imperative to keep in the media.. No matter what IMO THIS IS ALWAYS AN IMPORTANT FACTOR IN THESE CASES!!

shefner
05-20-2011, 08:56 AM
May 20th........tick, tick, tick.......

10EC_Dad
05-20-2011, 09:14 AM
As for the last sentence I dont think it applies In this case.. I live in Tennessee and there is zero reporting on her so definitely don't believe there is any badgering going on of LE..

I hope and pray for Holly and for Hollys loved ones especially along with their entire community that has felt the affects of this personal violation taken place in the very place that most of us feel our absolute safest.. For this reason especially I hope and pray that LE Are miles ahead in this investigation and have a valid, important reason for their unusual silence, hush hush nature that has thus far been seen.

No one here on this board is alone nor in the minority when Posting about concerns about the unusual silence. It is being questioned by those with much more experience and education in this vein of the law and investigations as well as multiple families/parents of children who have walked in the very shoes along the very rough road that the Bobos are on presently..

It is odd and most likely will continue to be posted about and discussed..

Everyone wants one thing and that's Holly Bobo to be found.. No matter what tactic LE choose to take I will continue to pray that it be the tactic that will lead to Holly and those responsible for what has been done to her..

Whatever LE decision is on handling this investigation is irrelevant in my main plight for there to be continuing coverage in the media.. Keeping Holly's face along with other details IMO is imperative to keep in the media.. No matter what IMO THIS IS ALWAYS AN IMPORTANT FACTOR IN THESE CASES!!

I respect your opinion about keeping her case public. Media coverage seems to be a common complaint on the board and is not unique to this case. I happen to disagree with the complaint in this case.

The Nashville stations report when there is something to report. There job is to report the news and not make the news. There is much more going on in our community, state, country, and world than this case. Not constantly reporting no new news on the case does not diminish the importance of finding Holly and bringing the perp to justice. Let LE do that job and report when there is news or a periodic update. I have seen that in the Nashville media.

I hope the media can report closure on this case soon.

10EC_Dad
05-20-2011, 09:21 AM

To SmoothOperator: I have been an amateur sleuth for more than 30 years. I examine the official evidence provided to the public and when I reach the point of identifying a suspect I shut up and wait until the case is solved. Then I check and see if my original call was correct. I have a good record, but do have some significant disasters, including the case many years ago where the perpetrator killed a girl then buried her ENTIRE CAR. I was soooo wrong about that case. Regarding Holly Bobo, if I had an answer from law enforcement to any two of the following questions I might be able to come up with a suspect (but I would never be so callous or presumptive as to tell anyone):

Who has taken polygraphs? (I do not need to know the results of the polygraphs)
Did the neighbor hear (beyond any reasonable doubt) a woman scream or is this rumor?
What was the 'second significant item' found?
Did the search dogs definitely show that Holly was not led into the woods west from the house?
Why did the police conduct a search at the intersection of 5 Forks and Swan Johnson Road?
Why did the police conduct a search north of Bible Hill (where the lunch bag or box was found)?
Why has the indentify of the 'second significant item' not been revealed to the public?
(and other questions that are too provocative to list on websleuths)

This is a big IF, but if the scanty information we have been provided is correct regarding witness accounts, timing, and physical evidence, I hypothesize that Holly was led NE or SE from the house to a waiting vehicle on or near Swan Johnson Road. From there the vehicle traveled north to the intersection of 5 Forks and Swan Johnson Road. Somewhere after that she is no longer in the vehicle and evidence is placed in various areas (I believe more items remain to be found) while traveling on a circuitous clockwise route around the general area of the crime.

Bye the bye, there is another possible reason why the police are not using public searches in the Holly Bobo case anymore, beyond any of the suggestions on the website. It is not a sinister reason, it is a very practical reason. Can anyone figure out what the reason might be?

Hey, I can always be right if I never have to tell you the answer.

I agree with your theory about a car being nearby. I think he took her NE, away from the neighbors to the south.

What is your theory as to why you think the perp drove in circles distributing evidence?

norest4thewicked
05-20-2011, 09:44 AM
Every day I wake up and think that today will be the day they find Holly. She reminds me so much of my own daughter that it just aches to think of her out there...alone.

This is a photo of my daughter:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/album.php?albumid=1415&pictureid=12385

Sorry...don't know how to make it come up on the page.

10EC_Dad
05-20-2011, 09:46 AM
Every day I wake up and think that today will be the day they find Holly. She reminds me so much of my own daughter that it just aches to think of her out there...alone.

This is a photo of my daughter:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/album.php?albumid=1415&pictureid=12385

I can't imagine what her parents are going through. It sounds like they have a great support system.

norest4thewicked
05-20-2011, 09:55 AM
I can't imagine what her parents are going through. It sounds like they have a great support system.

I sure hope so. However, I can't even imagine how strong a support system one would need to get through something like this. I've always thought that the absolute worst situation for a parent would be if a child disappeared. At least in the back of your mind, you can always think that possibly the child is still out there and made their own choice to leave. With Holly's situation, her parents KNOW that she was led off by a man. And, even if they believe that she is alive, they have to know that she is going through the worst torture that a person could go through. :(

JenniferTx
05-20-2011, 10:12 AM
I sure hope so. However, I can't even imagine how strong a support system one would need to get through something like this. I've always thought that the absolute worst situation for a parent would be if a child disappeared. At least in the back of your mind, you can always think that possibly the child is still out there and made their own choice to leave. With Holly's situation, her parents KNOW that she was led off by a man. And, even if they believe that she is alive, they have to know that she is going through the worst torture that a person could go through. :(

It has to be worst thing ever to not know where your child is. My heart just breaks for the family.

53chevygirl
05-20-2011, 10:24 AM
Praying for Hollly. At this point I think that's the most any of us can do.

iluvmua
05-20-2011, 10:33 AM
At this point, I hope she has passed on because if she is still alive, she's probably being SA and tortured day to day. We've all ready heard of cases here where the perp keeps the victim alive for hours or even days doing sick evil things to them before they decide to kill them.

Channon Christian & Jodi Sanderholm come to mind :( and that 18 year old girl from kansas that was killed by her BF and friends. her name stated with a K.

norest4thewicked
05-20-2011, 10:37 AM
At this point, I hope she has passed on because if she is still alive, she's probably being SA and tortured day to day. We've all ready heard of cases here where the perp keeps the victim alive for hours or even days doing sick evil things to them before they decide to kill them.

Channon Christian & Jodi Sanderholm come to mind :( and that 18 year old girl from kansas that was killed by her BF and friends. her name stated with a K.

Respectfully...I don't agree. I know that torture and SA would be horrendous, but look at Jaycee Dugard and Elizabeth Smart...they survived it and both seem to have come through it to see their loved ones again. I'm sure that this would cause lifelong pain, but at least she could come home.

OldSteve
05-20-2011, 11:52 AM

I don't know what to think at this point. The silence is deafening as they say...

Does anyone know who is in charge of this investigation? TBI? We've read the FBI is involved, but to what extent - maybe just in forensics testing?

I wonder if there are conflicts with the agencies/branches of LE involved as to what's to be done and directions to take. Just like in any profession - there are personalities and egos...

How many cold case shows have you seen where a new set of eyes solves the case - but many times the "eyes" was really a new personality.

Speaking of shows seen and cold cases, was there ever a case where too much prodding by family, media, public, turned out to detrimental?

redfish
05-20-2011, 12:56 PM
I have not forgotten. I come here daily and sit and ponder too. LE has not waivered from their belief that some one "local" committed this crime (at least not publically). They seem very anxious for the public to get back to business as usual. Perhaps they think their suspect will begin to lower his guard. They do seem to have someone they are focusing on though they do not say so. I can only hope this is true. I agree with Kimster that from the beginning I have felt she is alive. I know statistics say different but we have seen cases recently where this has played out, and this gives me hope.

AmandaReckonwith
05-20-2011, 01:55 PM
Case archive:

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Holly%20Bobo%20%20-TN-/

GypsyPrincess
05-20-2011, 04:15 PM
Not sure if this angle has been mentioned. I became a bit distracted with the Camden Hughes case and now I need to get away from it for a bit as it was (is) killing me.....

Has there been any mention of searching old wells on private properties or any caves in the surrounding area? What about basements? I know a lot of homes have basements on the east coast, not sure about Tennessee. I figure it is a small enough town, that maybe not everyone has one, so maybe searching homes (even non-occupied homes) might be a good idea. Just thinking again....

Oriah
05-20-2011, 04:55 PM
Not sure if this angle has been mentioned. I became a bit distracted with the Camden Hughes case and now I need to get away from it for a bit as it was (is) killing me.....

Has there been any mention of searching old wells on private properties or any caves in the surrounding area? What about basements? I know a lot of homes have basements on the east coast, not sure about Tennessee. I figure it is a small enough town, that maybe not everyone has one, so maybe searching homes (even non-occupied homes) might be a good idea. Just thinking again....

Good thought, GypsyPrincess.

Are there any MSM reports that indicate that LE went door to door immediately following Holly's abduction? Were they denied access by anyone in particular? Were there any residents that seemed uncomfortable with having their homes looked at briefly?
As you said- it's a small town....are there any rumors floating around in town? What do Holly's friends have to say?

ThoughtFox
05-20-2011, 05:10 PM

Some people in TN have basements and crawlspaces, some don't. I'm in the mountain area to the east, so it's common since the ground isn't level. The area around where the Bobo's live is more flat and swampy, so perhaps not.

Still, they would have to have a good reason to search every basement in town, like a phone call saying, "Help, I'm in a basement." :twocents:

GypsyPrincess
05-20-2011, 06:21 PM
Some people in TN have basements and crawlspaces, some don't. I'm in the mountain area to the east, so it's common since the ground isn't level. The area around where the Bobo's live is more flat and swampy, so perhaps not.

Still, they would have to have a good reason to search every basement in town, like a phone call saying, "Help, I'm in a basement." :twocents:

True, but why would anyone deny them unless they had something to hide. Also, what about thermal vision helicopters or cars? Maybe I am just being to silly.

SmoothOperator
05-20-2011, 07:19 PM
Re: the use of thermal vision helicopters.. No you're not being silly these IMO are very good and relevant thoughts.. If I'm not mistaken within the very first 24 hours of Holly having gone missing they had use of and searched throughout that first night with the thermal vision helicopters.. Unfortunately to no avail..

I do have what is probably a silly question regard the same subject of thermal vision helicopters.. I am not familiar with how rapidly the body cools after one dies, nor am I familiar with what range of degrees that the thermal vision can detect.. So my question would be approximately how long after the time of death would a body be still maintaining a temperature that would/could be detected by this thermal vision???

Would it be for several hours or would the amount of time be much shorter for the body's temperature to drop to a temp that would no longer be detectable?
TIA to anyone who knows...

shefner
05-20-2011, 08:05 PM
Re: the use of thermal vision helicopters.. No you're not being silly these IMO are very good and relevant thoughts.. If I'm not mistaken within the very first 24 hours of Holly having gone missing they had use of and searched throughout that first night with the thermal vision helicopters.. Unfortunately to no avail..

I do have what is probably a silly question regard the same subject of thermal vision helicopters.. I am not familiar with how rapidly the body cools after one dies, nor am I familiar with what range of degrees that the thermal vision can detect.. So my question would be approximately how long after the time of death would a body be still maintaining a temperature that would/could be detected by this thermal vision???

Would it be for several hours or would the amount of time be much shorter for the body's temperature to drop to a temp that would no longer be detectable?
TIA to anyone who knows...

Concerning this, I remember reading a quote (if I could find it now!) where searchers were commenting on how difficult it was for the thermal vision helicopters to pick up readings in dense woods.

FXSTS
05-20-2011, 09:53 PM
It appears that there are two mysteries, the investigation and the crime.
Figuring out either will help to figure out the other. Unfortunately, I'm making
headway on neither.:offtobed:

concernedmother
05-21-2011, 01:31 AM
This case seems so strange to me. They want it kept in the media but no one not even family seem to want to talk about it. :waitasec:

thesaint
05-21-2011, 01:38 AM
True, but why would anyone deny them unless they had something to hide..

I think America in general, but in particular the American South, holds dear the right to deny government authorities access to your private property absent compelling legal authority to the contrary (i.e., a court authorized search warrant). Tho that standard is being chipped away at by the U.S. Supreme Court (see recent Kentucky vs King which expands warrantless searches).

Mr. Noatak
05-21-2011, 03:47 AM
Hey, I can always be right if I never have to tell you the answer.

I agree with your theory about a car being nearby. I think he took her NE, away from the neighbors to the south.

What is your theory as to why you think the perp drove in circles distributing evidence?

I understand your initial cynicism, but remember that I began my previous post with admissions of significant failed interpretations of some cases in my past. As another example of my past mistakes, I predicted in the 1980's that the Green River Killer was unmarried. The astute sleuth can detect that I am an honest man, humbled by experience and not a bombastic liar. But to argue for my present state of mind, watching the Tanya Rider case on "Disappeared" Season 2 I deduced 7 minutes into the episode that no crime had occurred and the woman had driven her vehicle off the road (I had never heard of this case before that time). In other words, I have learned from past mistakes and have increased my sleuthing skills over the decades.

The distribution of evidence in the Holly Bobo case is curious. It seems planted, not to taunt the police, but as some predictable and immature effort to mislead them or others. But in this 'most secretive case in my memory' even the so-called locations of discovered evidence comes into question. I can only work with what I have, and I reiterate- if I had two more pieces of factual evidence I could figure this thing out.

I believe you are right- why would a kidnapper drive south, towards town? The kidnapper would head north, away from a population center. Further, who in their right mind would be merrily disposing of evidence if the victim was still sitting beside them? Common sense, my friend. Here is a potential problem with the complete secrecy in this case- suppose the searchers found a significant item at location Z. If this was immediately and fully revealed to the public, some passerby might report that they saw this item earlier at time X, and time X might blow the case open.

shefner
05-21-2011, 11:00 AM
I am beginning to think this has something to do with the family. NOT that the family is involved in Holly's disappearance at all. But that the crime was committed due to something only known to the family and that LE does not want this to get out.

That's my mind-boggling thought for today.

shefner
05-21-2011, 11:01 AM
May 21st......tick....tick....tick.....

Carla Lashelle
05-21-2011, 12:15 PM
I am beginning to think this has something to do with the family. NOT that the family is involved in Holly's disappearance at all. But that the crime was committed due to something only known to the family and that LE does not want this to get out.

That crossed my mind. There is something about this case that is different...

And in a lot of cases you can sort of figure out what probably happened even if you don't have all the answers. Shelly Mook and Susan Powell come to mind. Those two are IMHO obviously domstic type issues. But here its hard to really figure out who all the players are and how they relate to each other.
:banghead:

MLE
05-21-2011, 12:31 PM

If anyone got stiffed on a loan, for example?

OldSteve
05-21-2011, 12:35 PM
I see Will Nunley is posting again:

"More than 100 community members attend walk."

http://twitter.com/#!/willnunley

Picture of the walk:

http://twitpic.com/show/large/50k2oa

MLE
05-21-2011, 12:54 PM
True, but why would anyone deny them unless they had something to hide. Also, what about thermal vision helicopters or cars? Maybe I am just being to silly.

The same reason thousands of law abiding Americans no longer fly. Law abiding citizens have become exhausted from the constant searches, patdowns, nude body scans, tracking devices on cars, and warrantless wiretaps. Those of us who would've allowed a search of our home without a warrant a decade ago are just tired of being searched.

rosario
05-21-2011, 12:54 PM
Hi I read through a lot of these posts. Everyone has such great thoughts. I am baffled about this situation. i feel is is so important to give lE the benefit of the doubt, however, I wish we had a better understanding of the situation from either the family or the police. I also feel that they have a strong indication of what is going on. we cant give up for her

Kimster
05-21-2011, 12:56 PM

I understand your initial cynicism, but remember that I began my previous post with admissions of significant failed interpretations of some cases in my past. As another example of my past mistakes, I predicted in the 1980's that the Green River Killer was unmarried. The astute sleuth can detect that I am an honest man, humbled by experience and not a bombastic liar. But to argue for my present state of mind, watching the Tanya Rider case on "Disappeared" Season 2 I deduced 7 minutes into the episode that no crime had occurred and the woman had driven her vehicle off the road (I had never heard of this case before that time). In other words, I have learned from past mistakes and have increased my sleuthing skills over the decades.

The distribution of evidence in the Holly Bobo case is curious. It seems planted, not to taunt the police, but as some predictable and immature effort to mislead them or others. But in this 'most secretive case in my memory' even the so-called locations of discovered evidence comes into question. I can only work with what I have, and I reiterate- if I had two more pieces of factual evidence I could figure this thing out.

I believe you are right- why would a kidnapper drive south, towards town? The kidnapper would head north, away from a population center. Further, who in their right mind would be merrily disposing of evidence if the victim was still sitting beside them? Common sense, my friend. Here is a potential problem with the complete secrecy in this case- suppose the searchers found a significant item at location Z. If this was immediately and fully revealed to the public, some passerby might report that they saw this item earlier at time X, and time X might blow the case open.

Good thinking. Then again, maybe they would go where they are most familiar? Or where they had a place already planned?

:sigh:

Where's Holly? :(

Kimster
05-21-2011, 12:58 PM
The same reason thousands of law abiding Americans no longer fly. Law abiding citizens have become exhausted from the constant searches, patdowns, nude body scans, tracking devices on cars, and warrantless wiretaps. Those of us who would've allowed a search of our home without a warrant a decade ago are just tired of being searched.

I would still allow it, but I'm informed of the importance of searches due to being on this forum and having a friend whose daughter and granddaughter are missing. If I wasn't, I might think differently, for sure.

MsFacetious
05-21-2011, 02:29 PM

I agree with you about flying. I have two young daughters and there is no way I am going to subject them to being patted down. Especially because one of my kids will still wear diapers for a plane ride... and there is no way patting her down would be good enough. If they patted her down they would almost certainly have to strip her down. We don't need to go anywhere bad enough that we cannot drive. That's just the way it is.

However, I opened my door gladly when a child went missing in our area.

We had just gotten back from a week in the hospital... I had been putting my kids to bed and unloading the van. So I hadn't had my house secure at the time and wanted to ensure she had not gotten in, just as much as the cops wanted to ensure she wasn't in there.

I begged the officers to please be quiet to not wake my kids, I turned on music in their room and I essentially "led" the search. Knowing all the places a child could hide. Cupboards, drawers, appliances, closets, boxes and the storage bins... that they didn't search in other houses. Fortunately, my children's room was not one of the places anyone could hide in. I opened that room and showed them that there was nowhere in there she could be... and that was that.

I wasn't thrilled about it or comfortable with it... and it was absolutely horrible timing for me but none of that mattered because there was a little girl missing. That was before I was on this board. If they had searched every house as thoroughly as I led them to search mine, they would have found her body on the first day instead of a week later.

I would never object to allowing even volunteers to search my property. I would help them. We have a 3000 square foot building in the yard... search it. The barn, the pasture, search it. The vehicles, search them.

I cannot imagine saying no... knowing someone's child was missing. That's just me.

jabberwocky
05-21-2011, 03:39 PM
Sending Love,Light,and Prayers To Holly and The Bobo family....

10EC_Dad
05-21-2011, 03:50 PM

I think cynicism helps in being a good investigator.

I must say, I can figure out the who done its on TV. However, in real life there is not enough public information to identify a significant POI before LE.

Let me ask, how does knowing the identity of the second significant find direct your thinking to solving this case? Knowing if it was her cell phone would draw you to what direction in solving the case?

Also, may I suggest that if the perp was intentionally spreading evidence it was more from inexperience than immaturity. Why would he risk being seen? If Holly was securely hidden, why not keep the items in the same location?

Also, how was this behavior predictable?

Thanks for your help.

Zipper
05-21-2011, 06:45 PM
I agree, 10EC. The way he desposited items shows inexperience.

LE likely is keeping the second item under wraps in hope for when they do get a POI they can verify that he is their guy if he says something about the item during the interrogation process.

I sure hope they can find Holly and in the process hope people won't forget her.

wfgodot
05-21-2011, 08:23 PM
Missing in Tennessee: another update
---
Gail Palmgren....missing for 21 days
Holly Bobo........missing for 38 days
Shelly Mook.......missing for 82 days

liltexans
05-21-2011, 08:26 PM
Missing in Tennessee: another update
---
Gail Palmgren....missing for 21 days
Holly Bobo........missing for 38 days
Shelly Mook.......missing for 82 days

Little Zaylee Fryar (whose mother was found dead in the Cumberland River) is also still missing in Tennessee.

mrsu
05-21-2011, 08:27 PM
Did anyone notice that Holly is not on the TBI website? I was pretty sure she was at one time, or I am thinking of a different site??

http://www.tbi.state.tn.us/missing_children/miss_child.shtml

shefner
05-21-2011, 08:34 PM
Did anyone notice that Holly is not on the TBI website? I was pretty sure she was at one time, or I am thinking of a different site??

http://www.tbi.state.tn.us/missing_children/miss_child.shtml

Good catch, mrsu.....I think you are right. I will try to find the previous link.

wfgodot
05-21-2011, 08:38 PM
I don't recall anything about Holly except for the press releases on the TBI site.

Her poster is still on the FBI site; the height and weight estimates have not been changed there to match the TBI estimates, which were upped a few weeks back.

shefner
05-21-2011, 08:44 PM
I think she was listed as a missing child (in addition to a "missing person")...because there was some debate about why she would be listed as such considering her age. Some posters speculated it was because she was a full-time student still living at home.

cluciano63
05-21-2011, 08:51 PM
Those listed as over 18 are ones who would be over 18 now but were children when they went missing...no adults are listed...(who were adults when vanished)

wfgodot
05-21-2011, 08:54 PM
Here's her "Amber Alert, Tenneesse-Style" page: http://radioamber.net/?p=4483

shefner
05-21-2011, 08:57 PM
First TBI media release:

http://www.tbi.state.tn.us/documents/MissingWomanFearedVictimofHomeInvasionKidnapping.p df

YellowDog
05-21-2011, 09:34 PM
I've been thinking a lot about this case. There is a very large reward and I'm sure if anyone had the slightest inkling that they knew who did this they would call the TBI or the FBI.

I think this kidnapper is a complete loner with no friends. He probably lives alone somewhere in the backwoods around that area. He probably doesn't have a regular job but makes a living by maybe being a handyman a hunting or fishing guide, raising and selling livestock, raising and selling vegetables, repairing fences, cleaning gutters and windows or some such job that he can do when he wants to work. He could even be a veteran on full disability or someone who draws disability from a job related injury or for health reasons.

He may have never met HB but could have seen her and followed her home to find out where she lived. She is a beautiful woman and would attract attention wherever she went.

I don't think he lives too far from the area but far enough to be unknown by the people who live around the victim's family residence.

jbirddinky
05-21-2011, 10:55 PM
I check on the holly bobo case daily, and have for the past month...
I am in Louisiana, but was born in Martin, TN. My dad also graduated from ut at Martin. That's what first drew me to the article about her abduction. This is horrible that their are such evil people among us! Who in their right mind could do something so terrible? I'll tell ya who! An egotistical, arrogant, son of a biscuit eater. It had to be a mental case or someone very drugged up. Still! This is sickening. I keep hoping I'll randomingly get a sense of psychicness to help bring her home! Unfortunately I don't have that gift.

I just have a few questions and I apologize ahead of time if these have been answered:

1. Have any of her friends or family posted on here?
Or any other sites that you know of/came across?
(what's this about a guy defending himmself on b.o.c)

2. Has anyone started a timeline? If so, where to find it?

Thanks,

Jay Bird

BeanE
05-21-2011, 10:58 PM
I don't recall anything about Holly except for the press releases on the TBI site.

Her poster is still on the FBI site; the height and weight estimates have not been changed there to match the TBI estimates, which were upped a few weeks back.

So far as I know, she was never posted on the TBI site, only the FBI site. The TBI site searches have always only returned the media releases for me.

BeanE
05-21-2011, 10:59 PM
I think she was listed as a missing child (in addition to a "missing person")...because there was some debate about why she would be listed as such considering her age. Some posters speculated it was because she was a full-time student still living at home.

Maybe you're thinking of NCMEC? She's listed on there as a missing child.

http://www.ncmec.org/missingkids/servlet/PubCaseSearchServlet?act=viewChildDetail&caseNum=1170175&orgPrefix=NCMA&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

BeanE
05-21-2011, 11:04 PM
Here's her "Amber Alert, Tenneesse-Style" page: http://radioamber.net/?p=4483

So far as I know, that's not an official Amber Alert site. Just a few people who got together, collect information from all over, and post it.

I've never been able to find an official Amber Alert for Holly.

BeanE
05-21-2011, 11:07 PM
2. Has anyone started a timeline? If so, where to find it?

Thanks,

Jay Bird

I started one lol. I'm unable to put one together without inserting speculation though. You're welcome to use whatever you might find useful with what I've got so far.

The link to the timeline info I've collected so far is on here:
http://casesignal.wordpress.com/holly-bobo/

Janeumayer
05-21-2011, 11:11 PM
I agree, 10EC. The way he desposited items shows inexperience.

LE likely is keeping the second item under wraps in hope for when they do get a POI they can verify that he is their guy if he says something about the item during the interrogation process.

I sure hope they can find Holly and in the process hope people won't forget her.

Or it could have the perps DNA but is not in the database.

Oriah
05-21-2011, 11:11 PM
The TBI has not posted info on Holly's case- at least anywhere I can find.
THe FBI has:
and NCMEC has:
http://missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/PubCaseSearchServlet?act=viewChildDetail&caseNum=1170175&orgPrefix=NCMA&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

To me, this means that whatever info LE has gathered regarding Holly's case, has been passed to the FBI.

JMO.

mrsu
05-21-2011, 11:21 PM
Maybe you're thinking of NCMEC? She's listed on there as a missing child.

http://www.ncmec.org/missingkids/servlet/PubCaseSearchServlet?act=viewChildDetail&caseNum=1170175&orgPrefix=NCMA&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

Thanks Bean. This must be what I was thinking of.

The TBI has not posted info on Holly's case- at least anywhere I can find.
THe FBI has:
and NCMEC has:
http://missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/PubCaseSearchServlet?act=viewChildDetail&caseNum=1170175&orgPrefix=NCMA&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

To me, this means that whatever info LE has gathered regarding Holly's case, has been passed to the FBI.

JMO.

I'm not sure about this. I read local reports on FB that said people have called tips to the FBI and they were told to call the TBI number instead. I'm not sure if that means anything?

Gofigure
05-21-2011, 11:32 PM
MOO!

I have followed this case since day "One!" I have read almost every post, both here, and there. I firmly believe this is the work of one individual. If you go back to my first post on WS and read it, I have not strayed far from it. I work from home and I remember clearly the news coming on with a breaking strory that morning. I was horrified that a person could be in their own driveway (carport), beginning their day and be snatched from the face of the earth, and nobody knows anything? This is BS! Maybe, maybe not, come to think of it.

I live in a suburb of Nashville, my backyard, and driveway, are located in a very wooded area. If I went out to my car one morning and someone was waiting for me, I would effing freeze in my tracks and be speechless too! What do you say? What do you do? I never had my gun loaded just walking to my car before this, I do now! No one would have seen me being abducted, and I mean no one! I am changed and rearranged...

I work second shift as well, 3:30PM till 12:00 AM. I live alone, my children are grown and gone. I talk to my friends on the weekends, maybe, maybe not. There is not a person on this earth that is going to miss me if I go missing, not immediately anyway, eventually, yes of course. I have a strong suspicion that the person LE is looking for fits this profile. Hopefully, he is keeping her for his pleasure, he finally has her where he wants her. God Love Her! No one misses him because he is living his life as normally as he was before he abducted her. I firmly believe LE knows exactly who this perp is, that is why the media has been blacked out. No more searches are underway. They are just waiting for him to eff up! He took her, he put her in the trunk of the waiting car, this is when she screamed, this is the moment she knew she was in serious trouble. He throws her belongings out on the way to God knows where, it could be anywhere in the US at this point. Coon Hunt Attendee? I also have a basement apartment in my house that is totally undetectable from the street. Heck! You cannot even pull around to the front of my house and detect this! Don't worry, it is rented out and she is not there! Believe me, I have checked! I have checked a lot of things since this incident. That is what is so effing scary about this! There have got to be so many places she could be. It is going to take a lot of time to check all of this out. Patience and hope is all any of us have right now! I will believe she is somewhere alive until I hear otherwise! Hope is all I am left with at this point...

I apologize for the novel here, I just haven't posted in a while and have been thinking, hoping and praying for this to end! I honestly believe that LE cannot reveal their hand due to the fact that...Can you imagine the witch hunt that would take place? I don't believe for one minute that the locals would not be storming the perps house and trying to bring him down themselves, or worse. There is just too much emotion from the city and county! I can only pray they know who this person is, and I honestly believe they do! I can only pray they do! I know everyone here does as well...My 2 cents! Hope everyone is having a great weekend! Whew...

Oriah
05-22-2011, 01:37 AM
You can't go wrong calling in a tip to 1-800-The-Lost.
They will direct the tip where it needs to go.

I'm sure the TBI is working in conjunction with the FBI. But Holly is not on the TBI website.
She is listed with both the FBI ( as a kidnapping) and NCMEC (as a missing child.) There are no special circumstances listed with NCMEC as there usually would be for a child over the age of 18 (such as a disability, needing meds, etc.)

Why is that?

Thanks Bean. This must be what I was thinking of.

I'm not sure about this. I read local reports on FB that said people have called tips to the FBI and they were told to call the TBI number instead. I'm not sure if that means anything?

concernedmother
05-22-2011, 01:57 AM
I am wondering if someone prominent in the town or a prominent persons kid is involved or possibly even a person of LE since this is such a hush hush case.

daisy.faithfull
05-22-2011, 02:20 AM

That is something worth considering again, as it seems that the silence around the case has not been broken.

In a small town it is probably harder to keep secrets hidden. All the more reason for LE and the family to be so extremely tight lipped if it is of great importance that the information remain secret.

Mr. Noatak
05-22-2011, 04:35 AM
I think cynicism helps in being a good investigator.

I must say, I can figure out the who done its on TV. However, in real life there is not enough public information to identify a significant POI before LE.

Let me ask, how does knowing the identity of the second significant find direct your thinking to solving this case? Knowing if it was her cell phone would draw you to what direction in solving the case?

Also, may I suggest that if the perp was intentionally spreading evidence it was more from inexperience than immaturity. Why would he risk being seen? If Holly was securely hidden, why not keep the items in the same location?

Also, how was this behavior predictable?

Thanks for your help.

Good Buddy, your post is intelligent and sensible.

First, I have beaten law enforcement a few times in sleuthing cases. But a very unsatisfactory number of personal successes since they have everything and I have what little they feed to the public.

Cynicism must come first. Who can you trust when you begin a sleuth?- nobody! Not even yourself, let alone possible witnesses or associates to the criminal event or law enforcement. It is not personal, it is just that everybody must be ruled out. In the Holly Bobo case, I examined the internet record of EVERYBODY involved; I am ashamed to say how high up the chain I have investigated. Dang it, if I had the internet in the 70's it could have been so much easier...

OK, my friend, let's get down to business. Your first statement:
"I must say, I can figure out the who done its on TV. However, in real life there is not enough public information to identify a significant POI before LE.": I am speaking of those UNSOLVED cases where all of the known evidence is laid down on the line on TV. I can figure those out. Those irritating TV cases where subtle hints and ambiguously-selected details are provided to the viewer- I get another beer and change the channel. So, I am not claiming any magic powers, unless of course I could levitate a beer into my hand. Remember, the Holly Bobo case is like the bad TV crime show- all fluff and drama and no meat.

The second significant piece of evidence in the Holly Bobo case (if it exists) is important to me, and since it lies near the end of the clockwise road-trip the perpetrator has had some time to think. The professional abductor could only throw out the cell phone if they had wiped the memory and the fingerprints (improbable). So, if the second significant item were a cell phone (which I doubt), the (deficient) skills of the perpretrator would be evident. This second significant item could be anything, but depending upon what is is I could make a judgment about the perpetrator.

Regarding your next inquiry: "Also, may I suggest that if the perp was intentionally spreading evidence it was more from inexperience than immaturity. Why would he risk being seen? If Holly was securely hidden, why not keep the items in the same location?": YES! This is the essence of this case. If you are even a moderately experienced criminal and have a victim to hide, you hide the containing-evidence with them at a depth of four feet or more; you do not roam around the county tossing additional incriminating evidence out of your vehicle- UNLESS you are inexperienced and naive in the ways of crime and assume that this will point the finger of the law away from you and your home (or-another scenario that I cannot state on websleuths). Regarding your last question, I did not say the perpetrator's' (deliberate punctuation-think about it) behavior was predictable in advance. That would require me to have clairvoyant powers and if I had those powers I would make a fortune at the horse track tomorrow and you would not be hearing from me anymore because I would be surrounded by my entourage in Vegas!!

I repeat my question from a previous post- can any of the readers deduce a a reason why public searches seem to have been discontinued? My suggestion is non-sinister and practical, and has nothing to do with press leaks from searchers. I am just waiting for someone else to come up with my stupid idea before I will acknowldge it.

TxLady2
05-22-2011, 09:23 AM
I can only think of one reason why they would not want the public to search, and that is that they believe she is alive being held captive somewhere. For that to be the case, they would need to have some evidence.... either the perp has allowed her to speak to the family by phone, or he has sent them a picture of her recently holding a dated newspaper to prove she is alive. This would indicate that he has demanded a ransom, because in any other scenario it would be to his advantage for them to think she is dead OR that she is hiding out on her own and doesn't want to be found.
I don't know what to think. In every other case I've followed, LE has welcomed volunteers to search. I find it hard to believe they have searched the whole state of TN and we know that sometimes a body is found in the same area that has already been searched by others. I would think that the family would be demanding for the searches to continue. I do not understand this silence, it worries me. I think they know something we don't know.

Money Girl
05-22-2011, 10:38 AM
In my personal opinion, I don't know that we have the truth of the matter concerning her disappearance from the home.

Emma Peel
05-22-2011, 11:28 AM
<respectfully snipped for space>

I repeat my question from a previous post- can any of the readers deduce a a reason why public searches seem to have been discontinued? My suggestion is non-sinister and practical, and has nothing to do with press leaks from searchers. I am just waiting for someone else to come up with my stupid idea before I will acknowledge it.

"What happened? OMG. We'll take care of the body. You get rid of her stuff."

Crime of passion. They know who. They know why. They know how. They have post-event partial witnesses & finds that have helped them confirm who and how. They haven't figured everything out about where. They need one more clue to move forward with direct inquiries. Burial/disposal site on private property, or if there are no accessories-after-fact, may have been contemplated in advance. Either way, volunteer searches wouldn't do the trick. Unnamed is/are under surveillance.

JMHO

cluciano63
05-22-2011, 12:23 PM
"What happened? OMG. We'll take care of the body. You get rid of her stuff."

Crime of passion. They know who. They know why. They know how. They have post-event partial witnesses & finds that have helped them confirm who and how. They haven't figured everything out about where. They need one more clue to move forward with direct inquiries. Burial/disposal site on private property, or if there are no accessories-after-fact, may have been contemplated in advance. Either way, volunteer searches wouldn't do the trick. Unnamed is/are under surveillance.

JMHO

Where did that sentence about the body come from?? Is that a proposed scenario or did we hear that someplace??

Emma Peel
05-22-2011, 01:51 PM
Where did that sentence about the body come from?? Is that a proposed scenario or did we hear that someplace??

Just responding to the conversation chain I quoted. never heard anything about a body from any source. quotes probably threw you off, sorry about that.

see JMHO.

or perhaps better accompanied by "theory" or better "ASI" = a scenario of the imagination as in "the way a-si it.

GoodAim
05-22-2011, 04:10 PM
(respectfully snipped)

I repeat my question from a previous post- can any of the readers deduce a a reason why public searches seem to have been discontinued? My suggestion is non-sinister and practical, and has nothing to do with press leaks from searchers. I am just waiting for someone else to come up with my stupid idea before I will acknowldge it.

These are not necessarily reasons to stop a public search in Holly's case, but reasons IMHO from other cases....

---there's evidence to suggest missing person is a runaway

---credible sightings of missing person

---missing person found safe

---suspect is unstable and LE is waiting for him/them to leave her alone where she's captive

---LE is negotiating a ransom

---already know who the perp is and are observing him 24/7

---LE has exhausted what they consider the boundaries of the search area

---found evidence to suggest she is no longer in TN

---found no evidence to suggest she ever actually entered the woods

---found her deceased but not revealing that to the public to see if the perp returns to check that spot (discussed already and so unlikely)

---helicopters, tracking dogs, sonar, and/or infrared yielded nothing

---missing person made a call saying her captor(s) ordered the search called off or she would be killed

---a second witness heard the missing person scream and LE was able to determine that it came from a road near the woods, not IN the woods.

---upon further questioning and more consideration, the original ear-witness to the scream realized it didn't come from the woods, just BY the woods, or that she was mistaken altogether.

---several neighbors were outside at the time and heard no scream.

---too risky for public safety to encourage them to search --- potential accidents.

---too risky for public safety for them to search, if LE is concerned about them coming upon the perp's hide-out

---untrained public searchers who are angry might be too aggressive if they encounter a suspect

---untrained searchers may not make sure they are getting enough sleep and might make mistakes that lead to injuries

---LE waiting for more information

---maybe the blood was neither the missing person's nor even human and LE believes the blood was some staging by someone

---with abducted person not dropping her purse, etc., and if the blood wasn't human, maybe they're re-evaluating the whole case

---LE knows exactly who did it and realizes a ground search makes no sense. (For example, In Australia, when police had a good idea of what had happened, they called the search off:
http://www.news.com.au/national/police-call-off-search-for-missing-kiesha-abrahams/story-e6frfkvr-1225902635624)

Again, these are off-the-top of my head OPINIONS of reasons to call off a search. Hope I haven't offended ---- e.g., I KNOW (IMHO) in Holly's case it's ridiculous to even use the word "runaway".

liltexans
05-22-2011, 05:06 PM
Another reason to call off the public searches would be if the suspected perp or perps was/were participating in the public searches. Parsons is a very small town and if the abductor is local (which LE has stated they believe to be the case), it is very likely the abductor or his accomplice(s) has "helped" search for Holly or her belongings.

MOO

BeanE
05-22-2011, 05:08 PM
I'm unable to find a source for the things not as they appear statement by LE. All my searches on Google just return me to this post on WS:

04-26-2011, 10:17 PM

Post by Plumeria5

Mark Gwyn said "sometimes things are not as they appear"

What do you think he meant by that ruling out that she didn't just run away.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - TN TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #17

Does anyone have a source? I want to get the full statement and context.

TIA

tfrohning
05-22-2011, 05:22 PM
I'm unable to find a source for the things not as they appear statement by LE. All my searches on Google just return me to this post on WS:

Post by Plumeria5

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - TN TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #17 (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6398616&postcount=12)

TIA

It seem to me I have heard this phase a lot in missing person cases.:waitasec:

BeanE
05-22-2011, 05:24 PM
It seem to me I have heard this phase a lot in missing person cases.:waitasec:

I don't recall hearing it from LE on any case I've followed.

tfrohning
05-22-2011, 05:40 PM
I don't recall hearing it from LE on any case I've followed.

Well darn it! I sure I heard that phase a lot in cases:innocent:

Or maybe it in my head "always expect the unexpected".

Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many; the intelligence of a few perceives what has been carefully hidden...” unknown:waitrose:

Plumeria5
05-22-2011, 06:31 PM

Post by Plumeria5

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - TN TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #17 (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6398616&postcount=12)

TIA

Hi, BeanE,

I can't remember what source is was but it was a news article, not a blog.
I will see if I can find it. :)

MsFacetious
05-22-2011, 06:43 PM
It was on News Channel 5 - OpenLine on April 26th. (Link to that, not to this show specifically.)

http://www.newschannel5.com/story/5372991/openline

It was after being asked why Holly's brother didn't help her if he saw it happen.
He said he can't go into details of the case.
That they know more than what is out there.
That "sometimes things are not as they appear."

Since it was a show not an article I can't link you an article... but I know it was discussed on here....

Yep... link:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134400&highlight=things&page=21

Post by Plumeria5

TIA

Plumeria5
05-22-2011, 06:52 PM
It was on News Channel 5 - OpenLine on April 26th. (Link to that, not to this show specifically.)

http://www.newschannel5.com/story/5372991/openline

It was after being asked why Holly's brother didn't help her if he saw it happen.
He said he can't go into details of the case.
That they know more than what is out there.
That "sometimes things are not as they appear."

Since it was a show not an article I can't link you an article... but I know it was discussed on here....

Yep... link:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134400&highlight=things&page=21

Thanks, Ms Facetious! Maybe that is where I saw it!

I wonder if Mark was talking about Clint "things are not as they appear." Meaning Clint thought it was her bf and it wasn't. So, things are not as they appear? IDK

redfish
05-22-2011, 07:00 PM
BeanE I remember it as the cousin making this statement on twitter.... have'nt found it but that is MY memory. LOL we all heard/saw it but all have a different source!

FXSTS
05-22-2011, 08:20 PM
In my personal opinion, I don't know that we have the truth of the matter concerning her disappearance from the home.
I think that this is true and have felt this all along. Mark Gwyn AND Hollys cousin alluded to the "things are not what they seem" within just a couple days of each other. This was about the time that Clint was being accused and doubted by so many.

I think that a lot of what we know as " facts" between 7:15 and 8:15 the morning Holly went missing have been changed around or completely fabricated to come up with a believable time line for the public. What if LE needed to keep so many things about the disappearance " close to the vest"
that there were just too many holes in the remaining time line. They add a couple of things to make a believable story but didn't stop to think that this would point a lot of fingers at Clint even though he had nothing to do with it. I could be totally wrong but I can't get past this gut feeling.
If this is the case, then we're not just missing too many puzzle pieces, we have the wrong puzzle.

liltexans
05-22-2011, 08:27 PM
Walkers join in prayer for Bobo: Event organized to raise awareness

First Baptist Church Pastor Kevin Bromley gave reporters an update on the Bobo family's emotional condition. He said each day that passes by gets more disheartening for the family.

"Day to day," Bromley said before the crowd made their way from the Parsons Center. "They have good days and some not so good days. Obviously, they're hopeful each and every day."

http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/20110522/NEWS25/105220341/Walkers-join-prayer-Bobo-Event-organized-raise-awareness?odyssey=nav|head

shefner
05-22-2011, 08:58 PM
So, the Bobo family has just been holed up in their home all this time? They are not going to the grocery store or checking in on work? I know they are devastated and they have my compassion and heartfelt prayers. But I am just wondering how this is going to end for them.....
Are they intentionally trying to avoid the public...or could LE be asking them to stay out of the public eye? This situation is so unusual...I can't figure things out.

goldiegirl
05-22-2011, 10:23 PM
So, the Bobo family has just been holed up in their home all this time? They are not going to the grocery store or checking in on work? I know they are devastated and they have my compassion and heartfelt prayers. But I am just wondering how this is going to end for them.....
Are they intentionally trying to avoid the public...or could LE be asking them to stay out of the public eye? This situation is so unusual...I can't figure things out.

I don't get it either, but how do we know they're holed up in their house? I mean, I kind of get this impression, too, since we haven't heard about their presence at any events or their making any public appearances, but how do we know they aren't going to the grocery store? I guess the extent isn't really important either way, because I agree that they're staying under the radar, and I can't figure it out, either.

I'm also confused about why this pastor and others decided to put on this event to raise public awareness or keep Holly's name out there (there was some wording to this effect, but I forget exactly how they put it), yet the family isn't doing this, law enforcement has called off searches and been silent, and for all intents and purposes we have every reason to assume that there's a reason. So, is this prayer walk evidence that law enforcement has NOT suggested to those close to the situation to stay silent and it's just a personal choice by the Bobos for some reason, and it turns out there's really no real reason behind it at all in terms of law enforcement requesting their silence or anything like that? Or could it be that the pastor and others who organized this walk just don't know what the family knows? I have a hard time believing that their pastor wouldn't know if law enforcement had informed them that it was best not to draw attention to the case. I also have a hard time believing that the family's pastor and others close to the situation would support something like this if they had any reason it would be harmful to the investigation. I ALSO have a hard time believing that the Bobo family would allow this to take place without speaking out if they thought raising public awareness wasn't what they should be doing.

Therefore, I guess I've reached a tentative conclusion that the Bobo's silence is a choice and does not necessarily have anything to do with the investigation. That bothers me. I'm sorry to say it, but it does. And I've been a big defender of families making these choices (made a previous post somewhere here about reading John Walsh's book that deals largely with his and his wife's decisions about publicity and media), but this isn't right. Okay, maybe I'm going too far by saying it's not right, but if there is no good reason for silence and others are out there raising awareness, Holly's own parents should be doing the same. How can others, especially nationwide, be expected to care when we get the impression that Holly's own family doesn't want or need the public attention? They need to say something. For Holly's sake. Even if they just make a statement in support of public awareness. No wonder interest is dying and people are confused about how/whether or not to help.

ETA: I don't mean to blame the family for anything. Maybe they're just not media savvy or can't emotionally handle it. I just wish they'd realize, or their PR person would realize, or SOMEONE would realize the conflicting message the public gets when the family stays at home but other organize a march, yet LE and the family see no reason to stop it. Make sense?

ThePhantom
05-22-2011, 10:26 PM
I agree with whomever said they think the police know something.

redfish
05-22-2011, 11:43 PM
Today I am at a total loss. I am not only back at square one, but I have zero confidence in anything I have seen or read up to this time! Except: I standby my awe of the community response to this family. I have never seen a more impressive display.

I agree with WHO EVER it was that said "Things are not as they seem." Obviously we have been told nothing of the Holly Bobo story. Fact is all I know about Holly is that she has a pretty voice, a pretty face and is studying nursing. Period. OH yeah and is missing.

Auburnmommyof2
05-22-2011, 11:54 PM
IMO Le knows way more than they're releasing. IMO her case must be very specific to her or her family. If this wasn't the case, then I would think Le would be making the public aware that this could happen again in their community, kwim. Praying for the Bobo family tonight.

Oriah
05-23-2011, 12:22 AM
Not to redirect the conversation, but I have been wondering about campus security. Does anyone know what that situation is? Is there any? If so, do they background check? Is it 24/7, or only when classes are in session? TIA for anyone who knows this.

MsFacetious
05-23-2011, 12:48 AM
Thanks, Ms Facetious! Maybe that is where I saw it!

I wonder if Mark was talking about Clint "things are not as they appear." Meaning Clint thought it was her bf and it wasn't. So, things are not as they appear? IDK

It is where you heard it... if you look at my link to that thread... you discuss it during that conversation. Might not be till the first page of the following thread, but you are on there. :seeya:

Mr. Noatak
05-23-2011, 02:33 AM
These are not necessarily reasons to stop a public search in Holly's case, but reasons IMHO from other cases....

---there's evidence to suggest missing person is a runaway

---credible sightings of missing person

---missing person found safe

---suspect is unstable and LE is waiting for him/them to leave her alone where she's captive

---LE is negotiating a ransom

---already know who the perp is and are observing him 24/7

---LE has exhausted what they consider the boundaries of the search area

---found evidence to suggest she is no longer in TN

---found no evidence to suggest she ever actually entered the woods

---found her deceased but not revealing that to the public to see if the perp returns to check that spot (discussed already and so unlikely)

---helicopters, tracking dogs, sonar, and/or infrared yielded nothing

---missing person made a call saying her captor(s) ordered the search called off or she would be killed

---a second witness heard the missing person scream and LE was able to determine that it came from a road near the woods, not IN the woods.

---upon further questioning and more consideration, the original ear-witness to the scream realized it didn't come from the woods, just BY the woods, or that she was mistaken altogether.

---several neighbors were outside at the time and heard no scream.

---too risky for public safety to encourage them to search --- potential accidents.

---too risky for public safety for them to search, if LE is concerned about them coming upon the perp's hide-out

---untrained public searchers who are angry might be too aggressive if they encounter a suspect

---untrained searchers may not make sure they are getting enough sleep and might make mistakes that lead to injuries

---LE waiting for more information

---maybe the blood was neither the missing person's nor even human and LE believes the blood was some staging by someone

---with abducted person not dropping her purse, etc., and if the blood wasn't human, maybe they're re-evaluating the whole case

---LE knows exactly who did it and realizes a ground search makes no sense. (For example, In Australia, when police had a good idea of what had happened, they called the search off:
http://www.news.com.au/national/police-call-off-search-for-missing-kiesha-abrahams/story-e6frfkvr-1225902635624)

Again, these are off-the-top of my head OPINIONS of reasons to call off a search. Hope I haven't offended ---- e.g., I KNOW (IMHO) in Holly's case it's ridiculous to even use the word "runaway".

Although this does not apply to the Holly Bobo case (in my judgment)- what if law enforcement became suspicious that a potential suspect was involved with the public searches? If I were the criminal in a case like this, I admit it would occur to me to join the search party and plant confusing and unrelated evidence for others around me to find. The reason I don't believe this applies to the Holly Bobo case is that only a couple of pieces of evidence were reported found and they sound like legitimate finds.

Plumeria5
05-23-2011, 02:50 AM
It is where you heard it... if you look at my link to that thread... you discuss it during that conversation. Might not be till the first page of the following thread, but you are on there. :seeya:

:seeya: It seems like ages ago! I'm glad I wasn't losing my mind...:great:

BeanE
05-23-2011, 04:51 AM
Thank you, Ms Facetiious. Using the WS link you provided, I found that the 'sometimes things aren't as they appear' was something that one poster related as something they heard on the Openline show in a Mark Gwyn TBI interview.

I went searching for a video or news article to confirm it, but I couldn't find one. News Channel 5 does have other Openline videos on their site, but not that one. I contacted them and asked them if it was available. I'll let y'all know if I hear back, and what they say.

Here's the original source of the info:

04-26-2011, 08:30 PM sunshine33

Some notes on Openline for those who arent able to watch:

Pretty much same stuff.
Most callers questioning why brother didn't help her if he saw her being led into woods. In response, Mark Gwyn said he can't go into details of the case; they know more than "whats out there"; "sometimes things are not as they appear" "we're going to turn over every rock, no matter where it leads we will follow."

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - TN TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #16

Thank you also to the others who helped me with this. I'd been going crazy trying to find it!

cluciano63
05-23-2011, 07:08 AM
In some cases where sexual motivations and possible assault are suspected, the name of the victim starts to be protected as the case progresses, and LE uses it less and less...that is the only correlation I can come up with about the relative silence from LE and do not mean to imply anything about this case.

Carla Lashelle
05-23-2011, 07:50 AM
Not to redirect the conversation, but I have been wondering about campus security. Does anyone know what that situation is? Is there any? If so, do they background check? Is it 24/7, or only when classes are in session? TIA for anyone who knows this.

When the school was discussed a while ago, the term "campus" is a bit generous. Its kind of like the modern equivalent of the old time little red schoolhouse. I can't imagine its 24/7 I dont know any college that is open 24/7 per se at least for classes. I live next to a State University here in Florida and classes go from about 7 AM until 6 PM (which would get out around 9:30 PM). Im not sure what you mean about background checks but generally those take time and is not something that you would do for a visitor. Basically from photos you just drive up to this smallish building, park, and walk inside. Its about the size of a big Walgreens or a small Wal Mart tops.

Carla Lashelle
05-23-2011, 07:52 AM
In some cases where sexual motivations and possible assault are suspected, the name of the victim starts to be protected as the case progresses, and LE uses it less and less...that is the only correlation I can come up with about the relative silence from LE and do not mean to imply anything about this case.

Well they do that with minors. So if a minor goes missing they publicize their name but if that person is found and it becomes a sex crime, then the name is not used any more. I have not seen any less use of Holly's name really... there is just less coverage of her story. Everything that I have seen uses her name. She is not a minor so there would not be a legal reason not to publish it anyway.

cluciano63
05-23-2011, 08:12 AM
Well they do that with minors. So if a minor goes missing they publicize their name but if that person is found and it becomes a sex crime, then the name is not used any more. I have not seen any less use of Holly's name really... there is just less coverage of her story. Everything that I have seen uses her name. She is not a minor so there would not be a legal reason not to publish it anyway.

Well, in Canada anyway...
There was a case last year with a missing woman, her name was everywhere for a month...then she was found alive and her name vanished from all reports thereafter as she had been sexually assaulted. And rape victims here in US often are anonymous.
Anyway it was just a thought...don't know what else to think. I can't recall too many missing persons cases where no one wants to talk about the case or the missing person.

GoodAim
05-23-2011, 09:09 AM

Although this does not apply to the Holly Bobo case (in my judgment)- what if law enforcement became suspicious that a potential suspect was involved with the public searches? If I were the criminal in a case like this, I admit it would occur to me to join the search party and plant confusing and unrelated evidence for others around me to find. The reason I don't believe this applies to the Holly Bobo case is that only a couple of pieces of evidence were reported found and they sound like legitimate finds.

That's a good point; there would've been opportunities and temptations for the suspect to leave many more false trails. I also don't know if a public searcher would be able to maneuver the other team members slightly away from a small area he doesn't want them to check?

Re: the scream.... Except for blogs, forums, discussions, and online-non-mainstream media, I haven't been able to find a news organization that reports the neighbor hearing a scream as a fact. Does anyone know the source? I searched online a lot. Maybe it too was in a news video...

Oriah
05-23-2011, 09:12 AM
When the school was discussed a while ago, the term "campus" is a bit generous. Its kind of like the modern equivalent of the old time little red schoolhouse. I can't imagine its 24/7 I dont know any college that is open 24/7 per se at least for classes. I live next to a State University here in Florida and classes go from about 7 AM until 6 PM (which would get out around 9:30 PM). Im not sure what you mean about background checks but generally those take time and is not something that you would do for a visitor. Basically from photos you just drive up to this smallish building, park, and walk inside. Its about the size of a big Walgreens or a small Wal Mart tops.

Thanks Carla. I actually meant- do they have ANY security. And if they do- do they background check those individuals?

shefner
05-23-2011, 09:14 AM
Let's just say for the sake of argument that Holly was abducted for sex trafficking. I'm not saying that is what happened in this case....but let's consider the possibility.

I watched a show about this a couple months ago...and really wish I could recall the name of it. I do know this subject was featured on AMW not long ago also. In one case, the young woman was approached about a job....and met a couple in a public restaurant to discuss the details with them. She immediately got a bad feeling about the couple and told them, "I'm chilly and left my sweater in the car....I'm going to go get it, I'll be right back." When she went outside, two men grabbed her and threw her into a car and sped away. They were working with the couple inside the restaurant in the sex trade business. She was eventually allowed to call home but only to tell them she had decided to leave home because she had found a great job...and was doing fine. She was allowed to call regularly, supervised, of course. Her parents felt something was wrong at first, but as time went by, they felt more comfortable about things because she continued to call them to tell them she was ok. She did finally get free of this horrible sex ring...but it was a miracle she did.

So let's say something like this is going on with Holly. We know she was taken...but what if she has called her family and said, "I'm ok...everything is fine," but they know that is not true. They are trying to keep in contact with her until they can find her...or whoever is holding her. The parents aren't talking because they want to keep this contact with her...and LE is not saying much because they know she is alive, and they simply need to locate her. If the family or LE talks too much publicly, maybe they are fearful that her abductors would kill her....so they are silent, while searching for Holly's location.

This story may sound ridiculous...but I'm running out of scenarios.

Eileen730
05-23-2011, 09:18 AM
Has anyone even see the Bobo family lately? Are they still in darden or have they gone missing also? I have seen nothing at all about them.

GoodAim
05-23-2011, 09:35 AM
OK, apparently the Jackson Sun has a video where a local sheriff confirms a neighbor heard a scream.

It seems when asked who saw Holly being abducted, Sheriff Wyatt said, “It was a neighbor that lives just up the road there from the house. She didn’t see it but heard the screams of the young lady as she was leaving the house.” I can't access the video at this time, but it's viewable from the casesignal link at the bottom here.

It turns out a number of main stream media wrote reports incorporating statements from that interview with Sheriff Wyatt, including an ABC news affiliate. Link to various articles...

http://casesignal.wordpress.com/2011/04/27/holly-bobo-timeline/

I was beginning to wonder if it was really a fact.

Eileen730
05-23-2011, 09:44 AM
Could the screams heard be from Hollys mother? Wasnt she there before LE arrived? So much info has changed from Sheriff Wyatt's first statements hard to decide what to believe anymore.

GoodAim
05-23-2011, 10:05 AM
Could the screams heard be from Hollys mother? Wasnt she there before LE arrived? So much info has changed from Sheriff Wyatt's first statements hard to decide what to believe anymore.

It's getting difficult for me to keep track of what has really occurred. We know that at the beginning of a "breaking news story" there are almost always inaccuracies. Over time the reports (for ex., number of people hurt in a natural disaster, number of gunmen in a horrific school shooting, etc.) get more precise. I even thought I read at some point early on that Clint made a 911 call and that a woman (unidentified) in the house made another call. I'll see if I can hunt down a source for that early statement. It seems reasonable that it could've been Holly's mother screaming when she arrived and saw blood in the carport area... I didn't think of that.

53chevygirl
05-23-2011, 10:14 AM
Searching for any news on Holly... found this:
http://www.***********/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474979352492

Oriah
05-23-2011, 10:24 AM
Searching for any news on Holly... found this:
http://www.***********/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474979352492

WHAT is the Holly Bobo Tactical SAR??
I am now thoroughly confused.

cleo612
05-23-2011, 10:35 AM
Interesting that the phone number for the Holly Bobo Tactical SAR has a different phone number than the Sheriff's Office, and in fact, has a completely different area code.

ReelNauti
05-23-2011, 10:44 AM
FYI.... the author of that article finds her info from the Parsons gossip site.

OldSteve
05-23-2011, 10:48 AM

Believe it's Search and Rescue....

nursebeeme
05-23-2011, 10:50 AM
why has this case all but evaporated in terms of news? I think of Holly and her family daily...

Carla Lashelle
05-23-2011, 10:55 AM
Interesting that the phone number for the Holly Bobo Tactical SAR has a different phone number than the Sheriff's Office, and in fact, has a completely different area code.

Been discussed. It is IMHO not a legit outfit but a creeper...

Carla Lashelle
05-23-2011, 10:57 AM
It's getting difficult for me to keep track of what has really occurred. We know that at the beginning of a "breaking news story" there are almost always inaccuracies. Over time the reports (for ex., number of people hurt in a natural disaster, number of gunmen in a horrific school shooting, etc.) get more precise. I even thought I read at some point early on that Clint made a 911 call and that a woman (unidentified) in the house made another call. I'll see if I can hunt down a source for that early statement. It seems reasonable that it could've been Holly's mother screaming when she arrived and saw blood in the carport area... I didn't think of that.

There are two 911 calls. Clint made one call and an unidentified woman, believed to be a neighbor (based on the video mentioned here) made the second call. The times, sequence, details of the calls have not been made public.

Aparently the blood in the car port is not a huge amount. Some descriptions called it "flecks" and its exact location are not known.

Oriah
05-23-2011, 11:03 AM
Believe it's Search and Rescue....

Err, yes. I understand the initials, lol. I just don't recognize what professional group they are with.

Is this them? http://www.wix.com/hollybobotacticalsar/command#!

Because I am getting a touch irritated with this sort of thing. Maybe I'm just in a bad mood today, but who is in charge here and what is this group?

OldSteve
05-23-2011, 11:08 AM
Err, yes. I understand the initials, lol. I just don't recognize what professional group they are with.

Is this them? http://www.wix.com/hollybobotacticalsar/command#!

Because I am getting a touch irritated with this sort of thing. Maybe I'm just in a bad mood today, but who is in charge here and what is this group?

Anything with a .com doesn't sound professional...
Can do a domain name search on that URL...
http://www.networksolutions.com/whois/index.jsp

Oriah
05-23-2011, 11:12 AM
Anything with a .com doesn't sound professional...
Can do a domain name search on that URL...
http://www.networksolutions.com/whois/index.jsp

Yeah. That's what I thought.

Next they'll be raising money for their tactical equipment.

Ok- sorry- off rant. Not worth the energy.

Back to finding Holly and who may have kidnapped her.

Oriah
05-23-2011, 11:19 AM
Does anyone have Holly's school schedule for the semester, and in particular for that week? Who would know specifically when she would be leaving her home to drive to school? Did she routinely stop anywhere on her way to class? Coffee? Gas? Anything like that?

shefner
05-23-2011, 11:24 AM
The initial reports said the mother was at home and both she and Clint witnessed the daughter being led into the woods. I will find the link....but I guess this was an error. I assumed later that the error occurred because the mom was at home when she called 911, but I don't know.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/tennessee-woman-kidnapped-dragged-woods-camouflaged-abductor/story?id=13375662

Eileen730
05-23-2011, 11:53 AM
The initial reports said the mother was at home and both she and Clint witnessed the daughter being led into the woods. I will find the link....but I guess this was an error. I assumed later that the error occurred because the mom was at home when she called 911, but I don't know.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/tennessee-woman-kidnapped-dragged-woods-camouflaged-abductor/story?id=13375662

We sure dont know much of anything! JMO

norest4thewicked
05-23-2011, 12:10 PM
I agree with whomever said they think the police know something.

God...I HOPE the police know something!

norest4thewicked
05-23-2011, 12:17 PM

The initial reports (as almost ALL initial reports are) were a lot wrong. The mother and father were both at work.

norest4thewicked
05-23-2011, 12:18 PM
Does anyone have Holly's school schedule for the semester, and in particular for that week? Who would know specifically when she would be leaving her home to drive to school? Did she routinely stop anywhere on her way to class? Coffee? Gas? Anything like that?

Someone who had stalked her would know these things...

Oriah
05-23-2011, 12:46 PM
Someone who had stalked her would know these things...

Well yes...but I meant do we have a timeline of her typical daily schedule so we can take a look at who may have been possibly stalking her? Employees at businesses she may have frequented, etc? Did she leave for school at the same time every day for a first class? Does the class schedule vary? She was in clinicals, correct? Did she eat breakfast every morning? Stop for coffee? That sort of thing. I would think her family and friends would know these things.

chasing.halos
05-23-2011, 01:36 PM
Good questions Oriah. I wish we knew. I wish we knew SOMETHING. We don't know diddly about this case really. :cry:

Holly's dad speculates:
Speculating on who may have abducted his daughter, Mr Bobo added: 'The way it looks to me myself, it might have been somebody close.
'Somebody that kinda knew our routine, knew when she (Karen) left, when I left, when my daughter left to go to school, is what I kinda got in my mind, but I don't know that for sure.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1377604/Searchers-missing-Holly-Bobos-lunchbox.html

Carla Lashelle
05-23-2011, 02:18 PM
Well yes...but I meant do we have a timeline of her typical daily schedule so we can take a look at who may have been possibly stalking her? Employees at businesses she may have frequented, etc? Did she leave for school at the same time every day for a first class? Does the class schedule vary? She was in clinicals, correct? Did she eat breakfast every morning? Stop for coffee? That sort of thing. I would think her family and friends would know these things.

No none of that is known at all

shefner
05-23-2011, 02:24 PM
No none of that is known at all

And don't hold your breath....:banghead:

JenniferTx
05-23-2011, 03:39 PM
Why did the radio personality Bill Way state that Holly was alive? How does he know this?

Carla Lashelle
05-23-2011, 04:32 PM
And don't hold your breath....:banghead:

Nope you got that right. I swear I have not seen a case remotely like this. Its like some cases you have SOME of the stuff going on here, but not ALL of it... silence from LE, silence from the family, silence by media, silence by locals, silence by the family spokesman. Usually a tv crew can find someone to yap it up on camera for a story but not here, aparently.

Oriah
05-23-2011, 04:37 PM
I know there are/were some people on here familiar with the nursing program at UT and specifically this branch. Perhaps they could help by giving a bit of a run down on the 'typical' schedule- what the schedule is like, where students hang out, etc?

mag84
05-23-2011, 04:38 PM
Nope you got that right. I swear I have not seen a case remotely like this. Its like some cases you have SOME of the stuff going on here, but not ALL of it... silence from LE, silence from the family, silence by media, silence by locals, silence by the family spokesman. Usually a tv crew can find someone to yap it up on camera for a story but not here, aparently.
You are so right! I keep saying the same thing, there is always SOMEONE who loves to talk, friends, neighbors, what have you. It is all way too weird. It's like LE put a lid on all of TN. God I hope there is a REALLY good reason and that no one knows absolutely nothing. I find that hard to believe.

Carla Lashelle
05-23-2011, 05:06 PM
I know there are/were some people on here familiar with the nursing program at UT and specifically this branch. Perhaps they could help by giving a bit of a run down on the 'typical' schedule- what the schedule is like, where students hang out, etc?

we had a couple of local posters here but they left

norest4thewicked
05-23-2011, 05:33 PM

Even if you knew a typical schedule, it would be pure speculation (at best) of what Holly's schedule was like. That info just isn't going to happen...:(

burbqueen
05-23-2011, 05:40 PM
Humpf........I am totally confused and frustrated! Come on someone! please??

cluciano63
05-23-2011, 06:44 PM
One thing that is especially unusual in this case is that it is one of the rare witnessed abductions and yet we know less than we've known about almost any case I can think of.

Money Girl
05-23-2011, 07:15 PM
God...I HOPE the police know something!

Sorry to say this, but LE on this case is reminding me more and more of the inept LE on Haleigh Cummings' case.

JMO

10EC_Dad
05-23-2011, 07:40 PM
Sorry to say this, but LE on this case is reminding me more and more of the inept LE on Haleigh Cummings' case.

JMO

Why is that?

SmoothOperator
05-23-2011, 07:43 PM
Yes it certainly seems as tho absolutely everyone is mum on all things Holly. Even our few posters that we had here regularly posting that were locals and able to atleast give us info og general things about the are and the way things run.. But they are even mum..

IIRC the veryast post made by one of them stated something about their local LE not wanting them to talk about the case therefor we would not be seeing posts from him anymore.

Carla Lashelle
05-23-2011, 07:43 PM
Why is that?

Despite having access to everyone involved in the disapparance pretty much from the minute they arrived on scene they never could put 2 and 2 together and ultimately the people most likely to have been involved in her disappearance (no one I dont think was ever named a POI or suspect) could only be nabbed on unrelated charges (bad checks, pushing pills, etc). People brought in to help from the outside only muddled things and made it worse.

Carla Lashelle
05-23-2011, 07:47 PM
In a month and a half we really dont know much more than we knew 36 hours into Holly's disappearance.

There is the Brother's statement

The two 911 calls

Some small amount of blood in "the car port"

Holly's lunch bag found 8 miles away

Some item found Easter Sunday

Thats it. There is NOTHING ELSE that is actually confirmed. Despite all the notions about stuff being left all around town to throw off the chase, only one found item has been named and its location given. So who knows what really was or was not found anywhere. To say there is some trail, real or imagined, can not be based on known fact just supposition. The un-named item found on Easter is interesting becasue it has been described as "a game changer" but also "maybe not significant".

Thats about it... Its not hard to summarize this one.

bdl2
05-23-2011, 07:58 PM
This is my first post on WS so please go easy on me if I post something that I shouldn't have.

I think Holly is the victim of a pre-meditated abduction. It is the only scenario that fits for me. Someone stalked her and the took her for reasons unknown. LE may have dna from the suspect and are trying to match it up. This will take time because there are so many people to be checked.

1. people from the coon hunt that took place in Parsons on April 7-9.
2. students and faculty from her school.
3. local people that have had contact with Holly.

My only hope is that Holly will be found. If enough people care this case will not go cold.
I can't imagine what the family is going through.

Plumeria5
05-23-2011, 08:03 PM
This is my first post on WS so please go easy on me if I post something that I shouldn't have.

I think Holly is the victim of a pre-meditated abduction. It is the only scenario that fits for me. Someone stalked her and the took her for reasons unknown. LE may have dna from the suspect and are trying to match it up. This will take time because there are so many people to be checked.

My only hope is that Holly will be found. If enough people care this case will not go cold.

:welcome4:

I am leaning towards #3.

shefner
05-23-2011, 08:47 PM
Definitely premeditated....

I think someone local....

What the heck is taking so long?!

10EC_Dad
Despite having access to everyone involved in the disapparance pretty much from the minute they arrived on scene they never could put 2 and 2 together and ultimately the people most likely to have been involved in her disappearance (no one I dont think was ever named a POI or suspect) could only be nabbed on unrelated charges (bad checks, pushing pills, etc). People brought in to help from the outside only muddled things and made it worse.

Well, I guess we just see it differently.

In reality, it is not as simple as putting 2 and 2 together.

It is very frustrating that Holly has not been found. It is easy to let frustration lead to blame and then misdirect that blame to those working the hardest.

I think the common ground is that she cannot be found quick enough.

GypsyPrincess

I do understand your thought process, however ten years ago 3000 people died because we didn't have pat downs and body scanners. If having these things in place means my children and I can safely take a vacation, then I truly don't mind the extra safety precautions. Also, my point wasn't that everytime someone goes missing that LE should have absolute authority to go to door searching homes, but in this particular case they have indicated that they believe that the suspect is local and have exhausted all other options. Extreme times call for extreme measures. I know in my heart if it were your child or mine and we lived in a small town where LE thought a local had our child, we would want door to door and property searches to be allowed. JMHO

chasing.halos
05-23-2011, 09:08 PM
Bdl2- :wagon: !!!! It's wonderful to have you here!

VicVixvi
05-23-2011, 10:08 PM

I'm pretty certain that is a FB page that has been well established as a fraud. It's run by a Tony <somebody> and been discussed as a scam on "We will find you Holly" FB page. and such illustrious <cough> sources as topix. Rickey Dale Show 2 (who's proven fairly reliable imo..) has a video discounting the HB T/SAR page also.

All just my opinion, but I think I'd take that page with a grain of salt.

norest4thewicked
05-23-2011, 10:09 PM
I just don't know anymore...:(

VicVixvi
05-23-2011, 10:26 PM

Welcome to WS!

I am right inline with your thoughts. I think LE thinks there is a strong possibility that Holly is still alive and being 'kept' and are loath to do anything that might jeopardize that. They are continuing to doggedly pursue DNA and waiting for the perp to make a mistake.

I wonder if perhaps LE is being taunted in some manner by the perp.

Just MOO.

Mr. Noatak
05-24-2011, 01:44 AM
That's a good point; there would've been opportunities and temptations for the suspect to leave many more false trails. I also don't know if a public searcher would be able to maneuver the other team members slightly away from a small area he doesn't want them to check?

Re: the scream.... Except for blogs, forums, discussions, and online-non-mainstream media, I haven't been able to find a news organization that reports the neighbor hearing a scream as a fact. Does anyone know the source? I searched online a lot. Maybe it too was in a news video...

I agree, and am pleased that you have selected this particular aspect of the case. If the neighbor actually heard a scream it would validate the widely-reported timeline. But I cannot establish that this actually happened and until the authorities verify it in a news conference, I will treat it as a rumor. It is eerily similar to the rumor that the mother screamed at work, upon receiving a phone call. Only folklore at this point.

Mr. Noatak
05-24-2011, 01:52 AM

Thanks for the interesting link. Currently I hold out a small chance that Holly is still alive (5%). I would not hold out any hope in an ordinary case, but this is not an ordinary case. Regardless of where the investigation is being directed, I favor 3:1 that Holly is within four miles of her house, but obviously my ratio shows that I do not rule out her being farther away, even out of state.

Mr. Noatak
05-24-2011, 02:03 AM

Yes, it probably was premeditated. There are two types of premeditation, that which depends upon acquired information, and that which does not. It is up to the fine sleuths here to work this out.

Oriah
05-24-2011, 08:47 AM
Believe it or not, I do take it with a grain of salt.
But quite honestly, it makes me angry.

People drawing attention away- or making money off of missing persons...well I guess maybe I need an anger manangement class or two. lol

These are REAL PEOPLE. They have people who love them and are missing them terribly.

Fraud does not go unnoticed by the federal government.

Just sayin'.

I'm pretty certain that is a FB page that has been well established as a fraud. It's run by a Tony <somebody> and been discussed as a scam on "We will find you Holly" FB page. and such illustrious <cough> sources as topix. Rickey Dale Show 2 (who's proven fairly reliable imo..) has a video discounting the HB T/SAR page also.

All just my opinion, but I think I'd take that page with a grain of salt.

pittsburghgirl
05-24-2011, 08:51 AM
You could certainly explain that distinction. It is hard to imagine a premeditated abduction that does not involve "acquired information," whether it involves someone known by the victim (a family member, friend or acquaintance who "acquires" knowledge from that relationship or a stranger who stalks the victim or a stranger who plans to abduct someone but who is simply looking for the right opportunity, having "acquired" the knowledge of how to pull off an abduction but not specific information about the victim.

In this case, I would vote for an abductor who knows the victim and had a plan. I also think it is interesting that the brother's first thought was that the man was her boyfriend, which would say something about how Holly and the abductor were interacting or looked together OR some aspect of body type, physical movement. The man might not hqve even reminded the brother of the current boyfriend; he might have unconsciously made some connection to a person from Holly's past.

Oriah
05-24-2011, 08:57 AM
I agree and will do so.

You could certainly explain that distinction. It is hard to imagine a premeditated abduction that does not involve "acquired information," whether it involves someone known by the victim (a family member, friend or acquaintance who "acquires" knowledge from that relationship or a stranger who stalks the victim or a stranger who plans to abduct someone but who is simply looking for the right opportunity, having "acquired" the knowledge of how to pull off an abduction but not specific information about the victim.

In this case, I would vote for an abductor who knows the victim and had a plan. I also think it is interesting that the brother's first thought was that the man was her boyfriend, which would say something about how Holly and the abductor were interacting or looked together OR some aspect of body type, physical movement. The man might not hqve even reminded the brother of the current boyfriend; he might have unconsciously made some connection to a person from Holly's past.

Carla Lashelle
05-24-2011, 09:41 AM
Welcome to WS!

I am right inline with your thoughts. I think LE thinks there is a strong possibility that Holly is still alive and being 'kept' and are loath to do anything that might jeopardize that. They are continuing to doggedly pursue DNA and waiting for the perp to make a mistake.

I wonder if perhaps LE is being taunted in some manner by the perp.

Just MOO.

Myself I just dont follow that line of reasoning. I have never ever heard of a real case where LE let someone keep a hostage for 6 weeks while they supposedly looked for more evidence. Look at all the police situations where cops even just think someone is in a house somewhere... first thing they do is bust down the door, have swat teams throw in flash bombs and gas, and raid the place. Even if no one was there... I dont know about the taunting part either. Only one piece of evidence has even been confirmed and identified and that was the lunch bag found on the first day or so of searching. Anything really aside from that is pure conjecture.

mag84
05-24-2011, 10:03 AM
Believe it or not, I do take it with a grain of salt.
But quite honestly, it makes me angry.

People drawing attention away- or making money off of missing persons...well I guess maybe I need an anger manangement class or two. lol

These are REAL PEOPLE. They have people who love them and are missing them terribly.

Fraud does not go unnoticed by the federal government.

Just sayin'.
You don't need an anger management class. It made me so sick and angry I finally emailed the TBI about it. I kept thinking I don't want to bother them and take away from their investigation, and it seems they HAVE to be aware of it, but the fact that this FB is posting a phone number other than TBI/FBI to call with tips just pushed me over the edge. Still can't believe it's stayed up this far.

cluciano63
05-24-2011, 11:08 AM
Caylee Anthony and the long-awaited trial have the attention of many, many people who normally give their time, their brains and hearts to a variety of missing and murdered victims...Holly's family, you need to speak up for your missing victim and regain some of the spotlight :( Your girl is still missing...

10EC_Dad
05-24-2011, 11:45 AM
Caylee Anthony and the long-awaited trial have the attention of many, many people who normally give their time, their brains and hearts to a variety of missing and murdered victims...Holly's family, you need to speak up for your missing victim and regain some of the spotlight :( Your girl is still missing...

I really think that the people who can and are dedicated to finding Holly are not being distracted. Maybe a lot of the "noise" has been distracted.

cluciano63
05-24-2011, 11:53 AM
I really think that the people who can and are dedicated to finding Holly are not being distracted. Maybe a lot of the "noise" has been distracted.

Mising persons are very often found by members of the community or the public...not by LE. If alive, they my be spotted by sharp eyes, if deceased, they may be found by a hiker, etc...and if the person is not in the very county they vanished from, it does not hurt, certainly, to remind the public that a person is still missing...sure, the locals know. But the state at large does not, as many have made clear here and on other sites.

10EC_Dad
05-24-2011, 12:13 PM
Mising persons are very often found by members of the community or the public...not by LE. If alive, they my be spotted by sharp eyes, if deceased, they may be found by a hiker, etc...and if the person is not in the very county they vanished from, it does not hurt, certainly, to remind the public that a person is still missing...sure, the locals know. But the state at large does not, as many have made clear here and on other sites.

Again, I really think that the people who can and are dedicated to finding Holly are not being distracted.

That is not only LE.

In this case, the primary thought is that this is a personal and local crime.

I am not suggesting that publicity will hurt the case.

At the same time, I do not feel compelled to tell this hurting family that they are not doing enough. I think that part of your post is what prompted my response.

Perhaps I should leave the forum for a while.

cluciano63
05-24-2011, 12:16 PM
But if not the family...then who? :(
Who does keep Holly in the public's eye?
No one is...

mag84
05-24-2011, 12:24 PM
I tend to agree that Holly needs to be kept out there, nation wide. I don't even live in TN and I take a second look at every blonde female that even slightly resembles her, just to make sure.

No disrespect to anyone, but all we REALLY know is that LE "thinks" it's a local thing, but they haven't showed us they know absolutely anything at all. I honestly don't see how keeping her face in the publics eyes could hurt, especially outside that local area, unless they come out and say how they KNOW it is a local thing and she never left the area. I'm not holding my breath for that to happen. :(

Mandy113
05-24-2011, 12:40 PM
I haven't entirely caught up with the thread but it seems there's no news.

In my mind, the biggest danger of not keeping Holly's name & picture in the media is that even people who originally heard of her disappearance may just assume she's been found since they haven't heard anything else about it. If people don't know she's still missing, they won't be looking for her.

JMHO

Oriah
05-24-2011, 12:47 PM
It is not law enforcement (at whatever level) to keep the public aware of a criminal investigation.
Sometimes it is helpful- sometimes it is not.

The internet is both a useful tool- and at times can be very destructive if a case goes to court or there is a specific suspect involved.

I would not fault either at ths point, in Holly's case. JMO.

mountainguy777
05-24-2011, 12:49 PM
Speaking strictly as a dad, I can understand letting LE do their thing and staying out of the spotlight when I think they are on to something. However, as a human being looking for my kid, I could not let this much time pass without public pleas and organizing searches. This could be a ransom case, or a witness protection situation, but parental pleas wouldn't effect either scenerio. I don't get it.

shefner
05-24-2011, 02:40 PM
Speaking strictly as a dad, I can understand letting LE do their thing and staying out of the spotlight when I think they are on to something. However, as a human being looking for my kid, I could not let this much time pass without public pleas and organizing searches. This could be a ransom case, or a witness protection situation, but parental pleas wouldn't effect either scenerio. I don't get it.

Mountainguy777....Welcome to Websleuths!

mountainguy777
05-24-2011, 03:35 PM
Mountainguy777....Welcome to Websleuths!

Thank you shefner. :)

What are your thoughts?

blazelet
05-24-2011, 04:06 PM
It is not law enforcement (at whatever level) to keep the public aware of a criminal investigation.
Sometimes it is helpful- sometimes it is not.

The internet is both a useful tool- and at times can be very destructive if a case goes to court or there is a specific suspect involved.

I would not fault either at ths point, in Holly's case. JMO.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Just because it makes us a little crazy not knowing details doesn't mean LE is slacking :)

shefner
05-24-2011, 04:22 PM
Thank you shefner. :)

What are your thoughts?

Not so sure what to make of this unusual case. Certainly the most quiet case I can recall....nothing from the family or LE.

My initial thoughts were that this was a pre-planned abduction by a local that was obsessed with Holly....someone who may have been rebuffed by her or perhaps had just been more or less ignored by her. I figured the perp was a male between 18-30...someone cocky, someone privileged and protected, someone immature. I don't think the person had a totally clean record....I was thinking that the perp is someone who has had some petty boyish crimes in the past, but nothing too serious. I assumed he may have taken her to a hide-away place and kept her there for a while....but so much time has past now, I'm not sure about this. I assumed this individual would eventually "break" and brag to someone about the crime.....perhaps motivated by pride or fear at how large the crime had become.

Now, I am thinking this may not be the case....the family silence is most perplexing. Most perplexing, indeed.

shefner
05-24-2011, 04:24 PM
Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Just because it makes us a little crazy not knowing details doesn't mean LE is slacking :)

I am not saying they are slacking. But I do question some of what they are doing....

Smart LE are alot like that old country song...
You gotta know when to hold 'em, Know when to fold 'em, Know when to walk away, Know when to run....

I'm hoping they are "holding" alot more than anyone else can imagine....

blazelet
05-24-2011, 04:33 PM
I absolutely agree with you Shefner. There is strategic merit in holding things close or in letting details out - and I'm certain they are holding a lot close - who knows if it's warranted.

I was more responding to Oriah's comment positively because in all the threads on WS I'm following there seems to be a somewhat common anti-LE sentiment - frustration with LE for not releasing more, or not doing more, or they should have known, etc.

I think things are much simpler from the safety of our computers and news reports is all.

JustyThoughts
05-24-2011, 07:06 PM
OT - Please take a moment to say a prayer for Americans under the onslaught of super cell tornados tonight.

.... and that answers about Holly will come soon. THX

Eyehavehope
05-24-2011, 09:46 PM
Again, I really think that the people who can and are dedicated to finding Holly are not being distracted.

That is not only LE.

In this case, the primary thought is that this is a personal and local crime.

I am not suggesting that publicity will hurt the case.

At the same time, I do not feel compelled to tell this hurting family that they are not doing enough. I think that part of your post is what prompted my response.
Perhaps I should leave the forum for a while.

BBM, I agree completely. As much as my initial response to the original post was to agree that they need to be out there raising awareness, I cannot imagine what they must be going through. The thought of my baby girl being out there somewhere, not knowing if she is alive, afraid, wondering why we haven't found her...it makes me sick. Every moment of every day, even saying her name would break my heart. So while I completely agree that from an outsider, it's easy to say that they should do more, I believe that they must be trying to just live through this nightmare and trust the ones that are trying to find Holly.

shefner
05-24-2011, 09:56 PM
BBM, I agree completely. As much as my initial response to the original post was to agree that they need to be out there raising awareness, I cannot imagine what they must be going through. The thought of my baby girl being out there somewhere, not knowing if she is alive, afraid, wondering why we haven't found her...it makes me sick. Every moment of every day, even saying her name would break my heart. So while I completely agree that from an outsider, it's easy to say that they should do more, I believe that they must be trying to just live through this nightmare and trust the ones that are trying to find Holly.

I have lived through it myself....but only for 3 days and nights.....it was horrific and I guess everyone reacts in different ways. I spent every hour I could making phone calls and relating info to LE. They were unable to get access to my son's cell phone records...but I called AT&T and told them the situation. I explained I was a mom whose son was missing....and I cried and begged, which helped. They turned the records over to me and I was able to give these to LE so they could begin trying to locate our son's contacts.
Of course, we didn't get media attention in our case...and I'm sure that's an added stress. But I called numbers from my son's phone list and begged and pleaded with everyone of them, most all of them strangers to me, to help me find my son.
I can't imagine not reaching out in some way. It was the only thing that kept me alive. So, to me, it looks like someone or something is causing this family's silence....and I guess we have to respect that, even if we don't understand it.

cluciano63
05-24-2011, 10:29 PM
It is hard for me to understand, when the media is there and willing, why the family would not want to speak about Holly; I guess I just listen to Marc Klaas too much, he says it is up to the family to get and use whatever media they can. Many of us here have seen cases go by the wayside, and missing people never found, with their families begging for attention of any kind.

jabberwocky
05-24-2011, 11:26 PM
FWIW: I found an early article from a weekly Linden, TN newspaper.Linden is 23 miles east of Darden and the town sent some deputies/investigators and a tracking bloodhound to help with the search. Whether they didn't get the "silence" memo or not- I found it interesting that they said:

"The investigation has produced several of Bobo’s personal items, including her cell phone, lunch box, and purse."

more at the link
http://www.buffaloriverreview.com/content.aspx?module=ContentItem&ID=206332&MemberID=1257

10EC_Dad
05-25-2011, 12:10 AM
FWIW: I found an early article from a weekly Linden, TN newspaper.Linden is 23 miles east of Darden and the town sent some deputies/investigators and a tracking bloodhound to help with the search. Whether they didn't get the "silence" memo or not- I found it interesting that they said:

"The investigation has produced several of Bobo’s personal items, including her cell phone, lunch box, and purse."

more at the link
http://www.buffaloriverreview.com/content.aspx?module=ContentItem&ID=206332&MemberID=1257

Thanks for the link.

A couple of observations. The article is undated and I don't think they were quoting LE about the articles being found.

jabberwocky
05-25-2011, 12:25 AM
I would have to agree, but on the other hand they sent LE of their own on the search and they were named in the article. I wish they was a reporter on here willing to call and get an interview "on the record" from some of the LE searchers from Linden...

jabberwocky
05-25-2011, 12:28 AM
Thanks for the link.

A couple of observations. The article is undated and I don't think they were quoting LE about the articles being found.

This paper does seem to be fairly respected
http://www.buffaloriverreview.com/content.aspx?Module=Quickpage&ID=1922&MemberID=1257

goldiegirl
05-25-2011, 01:59 AM
Let's just say for the sake of argument that Holly was abducted for sex trafficking. I'm not saying that is what happened in this case....but let's consider the possibility.

I watched a show about this a couple months ago...and really wish I could recall the name of it. I do know this subject was featured on AMW not long ago also. In one case, the young woman was approached about a job....and met a couple in a public restaurant to discuss the details with them. She immediately got a bad feeling about the couple and told them, "I'm chilly and left my sweater in the car....I'm going to go get it, I'll be right back." When she went outside, two men grabbed her and threw her into a car and sped away. They were working with the couple inside the restaurant in the sex trade business. She was eventually allowed to call home but only to tell them she had decided to leave home because she had found a great job...and was doing fine. She was allowed to call regularly, supervised, of course. Her parents felt something was wrong at first, but as time went by, they felt more comfortable about things because she continued to call them to tell them she was ok. She did finally get free of this horrible sex ring...but it was a miracle she did.

So let's say something like this is going on with Holly. We know she was taken...but what if she has called her family and said, "I'm ok...everything is fine," but they know that is not true. They are trying to keep in contact with her until they can find her...or whoever is holding her. The parents aren't talking because they want to keep this contact with her...and LE is not saying much because they know she is alive, and they simply need to locate her. If the family or LE talks too much publicly, maybe they are fearful that her abductors would kill her....so they are silent, while searching for Holly's location.

This story may sound ridiculous...but I'm running out of scenarios.

This scenario is just as likely as anything else at this point, judging from the info we have. The only thing I don't understand about there being some reason for the family's silence is the fact that they did not try to discourage their own pastor from either organizing or supporting that prayer walk to "raise awareness" the other day (can't remember the exact extent of his involvement). That's what I just can't reconcile. One would think that if keeping her name out there would somehow be harmful and wouldn't be in her best interest then those close to her family would know this, even if they don't know the reason.

Mr. Noatak
05-25-2011, 02:54 AM

Acquired information refers to data gathered that was not the direct consequence of natural familiarity with the victim. Non-acquired information is directly supplied by natural familiarity with the victim. The distinction is important.

Mr. Noatak
05-25-2011, 02:59 AM
Not so sure what to make of this unusual case. Certainly the most quiet case I can recall....nothing from the family or LE.

My initial thoughts were that this was a pre-planned abduction by a local that was obsessed with Holly....someone who may have been rebuffed by her or perhaps had just been more or less ignored by her. I figured the perp was a male between 18-30...someone cocky, someone privileged and protected, someone immature. I don't think the person had a totally clean record....I was thinking that the perp is someone who has had some petty boyish crimes in the past, but nothing too serious. I assumed he may have taken her to a hide-away place and kept her there for a while....but so much time has past now, I'm not sure about this. I assumed this individual would eventually "break" and brag to someone about the crime.....perhaps motivated by pride or fear at how large the crime had become.

Now, I am thinking this may not be the case....the family silence is most perplexing. Most perplexing, indeed.

I see some potential truths in your evaluation. Now you must ask yourself, "who does not break and brag about the crime?"

Mr. Noatak
05-25-2011, 03:11 AM
This paper does seem to be fairly respected
http://www.buffaloriverreview.com/content.aspx?Module=Quickpage&ID=1922&MemberID=1257

On the face of it, the report sounds sincere, but I wish that law enforcement officials were the ones reporting this kind of information, so we could know the details of this case without having to trace the sources. This is where an investigative reporter comes into play (read my earlier posts); they call this news agency and ask who their sources were.

Carla Lashelle
05-25-2011, 08:04 AM
Another family member does make some public comments, but not much

http://*****************/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474979364507

And yeah its Gather but it seems to be a straight forward story.

mag84
05-25-2011, 09:26 AM
This scenario is just as likely as anything else at this point, judging from the info we have. The only thing I don't understand about there being some reason for the family's silence is the fact that they did not try to discourage their own pastor from either organizing or supporting that prayer walk to "raise awareness" the other day (can't remember the exact extent of his involvement). That's what I just can't reconcile. One would think that if keeping her name out there would somehow be harmful and wouldn't be in her best interest then those close to her family would know this, even if they don't know the reason.
I thought this too. It doesn't make sense. If in fact everyone is being told to be quiet about it (which we can only guess at this point, but it seems pretty obvious), why all of a sudden does a walk happen to "raise" awareness" when the exact opposite has seemed to be the case? Just another completely odd thing to add to this case. :banghead:

mag84
05-25-2011, 09:37 AM
Another family member does make some public comments, but not much

http://*****************/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474979364507

And yeah its Gather but it seems to be a straight forward story.
Here's the entire story from a relible source.

http://wsmv.m0bl.net/w/main/story/27358393/

mag84
05-25-2011, 10:01 AM

more at the link
The article also says
Sheriff Hickerson urged any Perry County residents who have any information that may be of help in determining the circumstances of Bobo’s disappearance to call his office at 589-8803.
He said that you may think what you know is insignificant, but call it in nevertheless.
Examples of information might include personal, internet, or telephone contact with her within the last 30 days, either by friends, relatives, or businesses, of if you have seen Bobo in the last 30 days, who she was with, or what her activity was. If you had a conversation with her, what was the nature of the conversation?
I think that's the first time I've ever seen that in the press, from LE, asking people to actually do that. I know it's been suggested that that's what needs to be done, but I never saw it actually stated before this.

BeanE
05-25-2011, 10:17 AM
Thanks for the link.

The article is from April 20, 2011

shefner
05-25-2011, 11:01 AM

I see some potential truths in your evaluation. Now you must ask yourself, "who does not break and brag about the crime?"

First instinct says a family member.

ETA: Second instinct says a member of law enforcement.

shefner
05-25-2011, 11:07 AM

My husband is a pastor so I can tell you from experience that it is difficult to stop a church congregation from doing something for member in distress, even if the family requests that nothing be done. If you try to stop it, you appear callous. I think many of the members might be clueless about why the family is being silent...and their love for the family dictates that a prayer walk is a good, demonstrative way to show their love and support. This is pretty common.
Still, the family says or does nothing concerning this prayer walk....they do not attend to make statements or to walk. The rule of silence appears to be limited to the family.....and LE, of course.

mag84
05-25-2011, 11:20 AM
Respectviely snipped

Still, the family says or does nothing concerning this prayer walk....they do not attend to make statements or to walk. The rule of silence appears to be limited to the family.....and LE, of course.
Weren't there a few locals on here from the beginning, who then went away saying something to the effect of LE didn't want them (them as in locals) talking about the case anymore? I have no idea where to find those posts now though. :( But if that was truly the case, then silence isn't just limited to LE and family. And aside from the prayer walk (thanks for your wonderful take on that), it (the silence) has been pretty widespread. Sigh.

GoodAim
05-25-2011, 01:02 PM
@ Mr. Noatak

I was thinking about the scream reported by a neighbor. I'm not accusing anyone of ANYthing. I don't even know which neighbor it was. It's a small community and many people are related. It did cross my mind that the "ear witness" might have somehow, or inadvertently, misdirected LE into the woods. It's so hard to tell where a sound comes from!! In our woods, we've found that sound bounces off sheds, barns, corners of the house, etc., and we often have no idea where the sounds are coming from! Many of us find it difficult at times to differentiate a human scream (kids playing, teens teasing) from unusual bird calls, and from other wildlife. I don't think the public knows if the scream was verbal or nonverbal. Even knowing my neighbors well, I still couldn't identify the specific person a nonverbal scream came from. I guess there's nowhere to go from there unless the witness is a relative of the suspect and LE believes there has been misdirection. Otherwise, witnesses just do the best they can... and I'm sure I wouldn't be a very good one at all!

If any of you haven't seen this (it's heart breaking), here's that video of Holly and her friends:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0q9B4MQVWRg&feature=youtu.be

This line of lyrics really hurts when Holly sings them: "...you know I'm gonna be OK..."

shefner
05-25-2011, 01:24 PM
Wouldn't a non-verbal scream be silent?

cluciano63
05-25-2011, 01:34 PM
What would be considered a "non-verbal" scream? I am (even more) confused. Do you mean the scream of a bird, vs. that of a person?

looksbetterinred
05-25-2011, 01:34 PM

I think the difference is "AHHHHHH" and not "HELP". At least, that's the way I took it.

mag84
05-25-2011, 01:38 PM
Respectively snipped

If any of you haven't seen this (it's heart breaking), here's that video of Holly and her friends:

This line of lyrics really hurts when Holly sings them: "...you know I'm gonna be OK..."
To me I find the video uplifting. When I first found out about it took me a long time to let myself watch it because I was afraid of my emotions. But after watching it I felt good, even a little happy, because that's the way I want to think about Holly. Just like she was in that video, happy and having fun.

As for the "...you know I'm gonna be ok..." line, I'm still holding onto that hope until if or when I'm proven wrong.

mountainguy777
05-25-2011, 01:40 PM
Ugh......I am baffled. In an area this small, with an apparent eye and ear witness, someone is soooo brilliant that there is nothing to go on at this point? This seems to have the tight lipped feel of the haleigh cummings case as far as perps not ratting eachother out.

GoodAim
05-25-2011, 01:49 PM
I meant screaming "help, me," for instance versus a scream without words.

goldiegirl
05-25-2011, 02:32 PM
My husband is a pastor so I can tell you from experience that it is difficult to stop a church congregation from doing something for member in distress, even if the family requests that nothing be done. If you try to stop it, you appear callous. I think many of the members might be clueless about why the family is being silent...and their love for the family dictates that a prayer walk is a good, demonstrative way to show their love and support. This is pretty common.

Thanks, I guess this does make some sense. This hasn't been my experience in our church, but ours is probably smaller than most. I guess I just had the impression that if the Bobos were still active in the church during this time then at least the pastor, if not others, would likely have some idea of the situation. I can absolutely appreciate what you're saying, since I can think of a couple times at our church when someone will be in the hospital, for instance, and members will go to visit when it wasn't what the family wanted, but if they had asked our pastor first, he would have known the family's wishes. Then again, like I said, we're a pretty small church, and we're all close to our pastor, so he's always kind of the one everyone goes to for information on what's going on, and if a family has an emergency or some type of need, the easiest way to spread the word to other members is to go to him first. Of course we go to each other all the time, and he's not a part of every interaction we have, but in a situation like this he would definitely know the family's wishes. I could understand if some members of the church may organize a prayer walk without checking with the family, but the pastor? He should have known if the family wanted them to stay silent, which makes me think that the family had no objection.

Apples2Apples
05-25-2011, 08:42 PM
Any word from GreenGreen lately?

Jo in Calif
05-25-2011, 09:08 PM
Any word from GreenGreen lately?

No,sigh, miss her/his posts.

SmoothOperator
05-26-2011, 12:09 AM
I just don't know what to make of the obvious silence.. The several shows that were airing Hollys story asked to not go forward with a show about Holly, obvious media black out, but then the raising awareness of Hollys abduction prayer walk.. I just don't understand.. I went back to look at what exactly greengreen said about no longer posting and it says nothing about being asked not to speak about the case but rather their opinion that LE knew who the perp was and were collecting evidence to make an arrest. That was all the way back on may 5th. I'd like to hear if that's still their opinion. Here's the final post made on may 5th..
[After today I have decided I am not going to be able to post anymore. I hope I have helped with giving local insight but at this point it's just talking about LE and lack of info. It's not our place to know this information. They never asked us to look for a particular person. They asked us to look for someone excessively cleaning a vehicle/atv, possibly selling one, or acting nervous. I think LE knows who did it and they are collecting evidence. Again, that's IMO, but I live here and I can see what is happening around me FWIW.

shefner
05-26-2011, 12:38 AM
May 26th.....tick, tick, tick.....

cluciano63
05-26-2011, 12:45 AM
I am watching "Vanished" about Amy Bradley, who went missing from a cruise ship in 1998 and her family could not do enough media or searching to try to get any clues at all as to her whereabouts or anyone who may have seen her, talked to her, whatever, no matter what LE said or advised. It is just such a sharp contrast...one I don't understand at this point. I could see being quiet for a few days if LE was getting ready to make an arrest, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Maybe LE felt they were close several weeks or a month or more ago, but are they really? They did not sound at all promising in the last article.

Mr. Noatak
05-26-2011, 03:10 AM
@ Mr. Noatak

I was thinking about the scream reported by a neighbor. I'm not accusing anyone of ANYthing. I don't even know which neighbor it was. It's a small community and many people are related. It did cross my mind that the "ear witness" might have somehow, or inadvertently, misdirected LE into the woods. It's so hard to tell where a sound comes from!! In our woods, we've found that sound bounces off sheds, barns, corners of the house, etc., and we often have no idea where the sounds are coming from! Many of us find it difficult at times to differentiate a human scream (kids playing, teens teasing) from unusual bird calls, and from other wildlife. I don't think the public knows if the scream was verbal or nonverbal. Even knowing my neighbors well, I still couldn't identify the specific person a nonverbal scream came from. I guess there's nowhere to go from there unless the witness is a relative of the suspect and LE believes there has been misdirection. Otherwise, witnesses just do the best they can... and I'm sure I wouldn't be a very good one at all!

Good Friend,

In many ways (and too many to bore you with here) the report of a scream around the time of Holly's official obduction, looms large. Cannot the the officials, at least confirm or deny this report? This singular little detail would help me immensely in resolving this case.

Mr. Noatak
05-26-2011, 03:16 AM

I recognize that the lack of new information is killing this thread. My goal is to be the last man standing. Is anyone out there willing to take me on and outlast me?

MsFacetious
05-26-2011, 04:44 AM

I come back to Holly's thread to get a break from the thinking required in other ones...

And find THIS?! :waitasec:

Sad thing is... I knew immediately what GoodAim meant by it. :banghead:

Then I thought "If a tree falls in the woods and no one is around to hear it, does it still make a sound?" :innocent:

I recognize that the lack of new information is killing this thread. My goal is to be the last man standing. Is anyone out there willing to take me on and outlast me?

I'm not going anywhere. I stick with a case until the case is completely resolved. Even when it takes nearly a decade.

Whether I post regularly now or not in Holly's thread... I'm here.

Along with Kyron... Haleigh... Hailey... Caylee... Zahra... Joshua... Jonathon... Paige...

I just can't always keep up with posting (you know, cutting kittens out of walls and all.) :banghead:

I am here though. You won't be the last man standing. (Well, you might be... since I'm not a man... but you won't be the last person standing.) :seeya:

I so need sleep. lol :bedtime: :offtobed:

shefner
05-26-2011, 07:52 AM

Good Friend,

In many ways (and too many to bore you with here) the report of a scream around the time of Holly's official obduction, looms large. Cannot the the officials, at least confirm or deny this report? This singular little detail would help me immensely in resolving this case.

I'm pretty sure the neighbor hearing the scream was confirmed by LE. It may takes a while for me to find the link....but I will look for it today...
Perhaps another poster will find it before I do.

mag84
05-26-2011, 10:40 AM

I may be new to posting here, but I've been following Holly's case since week one. Somehow it just gripped me and won't let go, I wake up thinking about her and go to bed praying for her. I'm not going anywhere. So as others might seemingly lose interest (no offense to anyone, it's understandable), there will still be some around thinking about Holly and where she is, and that chance of a miracle happening.

wantsthemoon
05-26-2011, 10:45 AM
I'm pretty sure the neighbor hearing the scream was confirmed by LE. It may takes a while for me to find the link....but I will look for it today...
Perhaps another poster will find it before I do.

Holly Bobo -TN- :: 4/13/11 Decatur County TN Sheriff Roy Wyatt media briefing. Already they have a huge number of LE and volunteers, resources from many agencies. This has a reference to the neighbor hearing Holly's screams. video by crankycrankerson - Photobucket@@AMEPARAM@@http://vid296.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Holly%20Bobo%20%20-TN-/41311sheriffWyattsearch-forHollyBobo002.mp4@@AMEPARAM@@vid296@@AMEPARAM@@2 96@@AMEPARAM@@mm166/crankycrankerson/Holly%20Bobo%20%20-TN-/41311sheriffWyattsearch-forHollyBobo002@@AMEPARAM@@mp4

Sherriff Roy Wyatt confirmed the scream. Hope this link works. It's from crankycrankerson's photobucket. It's around 1 min 3 sec.

shefner
05-26-2011, 11:05 AM
Holly Bobo -TN- :: 4/13/11 Decatur County TN Sheriff Roy Wyatt media briefing. Already they have a huge number of LE and volunteers, resources from many agencies. This has a reference to the neighbor hearing Holly's screams. video by crankycrankerson - Photobucket (http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Holly%20Bobo%20%20-TN-/?action=view&current=41311sheriffWyattsearch-forHollyBobo002.mp4)

Sherriff Roy Wyatt confirmed the scream. Hope this link works. It's from crankycrankerson's photobucket. It's around 1 min 3 sec.

I thank you abundantly, wantsthemoon! I've been looking for almost an hour!

Carla Lashelle
05-26-2011, 11:10 AM

Good Friend,

yes it was called in to 911 althoguh we do not know a time frame for either call in relation to when Holly went missing. The 911 call could have been at or around the time clint called or 10 hours later.

Carla Lashelle
05-26-2011, 11:13 AM
heck i still follow resolved cases just to see how the family settles, if any new info comes out when its all over etc.

wantsthemoon
05-26-2011, 11:13 AM
I thank you abundantly, wantsthemoon! I've been looking for almost an hour!

you are so very welcome...just so happened that I ran across this a few days ago looking for something else :) I didn't find whatever it was that I was looking for and can't even recall what that was :banghead: but I did find this...and remembered where(which is truly a miracle)

ThePhantom
05-26-2011, 11:17 AM
I, too, would like to see attention continue to be focused on this case.

I'm with the camp that thinks this was a well planned abduction; that it was executed with precision, by a man with a history of other perhaps minor offenses;abductor is someone who lives in or near those woods, who was able to cover his tracks, who is not unknown to the law, and who is currently being monitored by law enforcement.

That and five cents won't even buy me a cup of lemonade...but I am a bit put off by the seeming silence associated with this case.

FXSTS
05-26-2011, 11:39 AM
"Then I thought "If a tree falls in the woods and no one is around to hear it, does it still make a sound?" :innocent:"

Usually, but in Henderson and Decatur county, the animals and plant life have not produced any sounds whatsoever for about 4 weeks. Quite an anomaly of our known
laws of physics. However, there are not any news reporters in western TN at this time,
authorities have no comment, and all subsequent TV shows have been canceled.

Eileen730
05-26-2011, 11:39 AM
I, too, would like to see attention continue to be focused on this case.

I'm with the camp that thinks this was a well planned abduction; that it was executed with precision, by a man with a history of other perhaps minor offenses;abductor is someone who lives in or near those woods, who was able to cover his tracks, who is not unknown to the law, and who is currently being monitored by law enforcement.

That and five cents won't even buy me a cup of lemonade...but I am a bit put off by the seeming silence associated with this case.

I personally and in my own opinion think Holly is with someone that maybe Mom adn Dad dont want her with but her being 20 years of age they can not do anything about it.

This would explain why the searches stopped why everything about this case has come to a hault.

I think they are waiting for her to come home on her own.

Just a thought!

FXSTS
05-26-2011, 11:56 AM
Has anyone here at WS found any updates on Caleb McLeod Tutor. This was the 20 year old kid that was "missing" from about April 14th- April 19th. He ended up walking out of the Smoky mountains and telling police that he had been kidnapped. He was later charged with making a false report. Could this be related to Holly? It seems unlikely but the same kind of silence seems to surround this weird case. His Dad is a Detective in N.C. I can't find a school or church connection but the timing is so coincidental.

Carla Lashelle
05-26-2011, 12:42 PM
I personally and in my own opinion think Holly is with someone that maybe Mom adn Dad dont want her with but her being 20 years of age they can not do anything about it.

This would explain why the searches stopped why everything about this case has come to a hault.

Just a thought!

I kinda thought about somthing along those lines but do not think that is the case for these reasons:

1) why miss her exams
2) why not drive away from her house or leave when no one was home
3) the blood and screams
4) the discarded lunch bag and other unnamed items
5) not taking things with her
6) seems out of character not that people dont do sudden or rash things

I am open to the possability that she may have had some communication with someone unknown to the family and perhaps that person used information given by Holly to stalk her and nab her.

I would like to know if there has been any activity on her bank account since she left? You know, ATM withdrawls. Supposedly there was some cell phone activity the morning she vanished, at least according to a tv promo for a show about Holly that (for some reason) was yanked and never aired.

BeanE
05-26-2011, 12:46 PM

Good Friend,

Video – Sheriff Wyatt – Kidnapping
http://www.jacksonsun.com/videonetwork/903287890001/JS-Video-Sheriff-Wyatt-Kidnapping

Jackson Sun – April 13, 2011

Case Signal transcription:

Sheriff Wyatt: “It was a neighbor that lives just up the road there from the house, and didn’t see it, but heard the screams of the young lady as she was leaving the house.”

ETA: Also, just for reference, WBBJ spoke with the neighbor who heard the screams:

Decatur County Abduction
http://www.wbbjtv.com/news/local/Decatur-County-Abduction-119818374.html

WBBJ – Updated: Apr 13, 2011 at 11:26 PM CDT

A neighbor who spoke with ABC 7 Eyewitness News said they heard screaming and that is when help was called. All police were told is that she was taken into the woods.

BeanE
05-26-2011, 12:49 PM

Absolutely. But I'm a woman.

GoodAim
05-26-2011, 12:52 PM
Just a gut feeling... Holly's mom might have been aware of (earlier) specific threats against Holly or the family so that from the beginning she felt the situation was really bad. It appears (may not be so) she thought the worst from the first phone call.

IMHO

BeanE
05-26-2011, 12:53 PM

Just a thought!

Well, that doesn't account for LE considering her to be the victim of the crime of kidnapping, and for the FBI to continue to list her as kidnapped on their website.

I can't convince myself that the Decatur County Sheriff's Office, the TBI, and the FBI would pull such a huge and cruel prank on the public.

mag84
05-26-2011, 01:25 PM
It's still very, very odd that a neighbor, (how far away? - the neighbors are not very close), heard the scream and the brother didn't. Something is not right with that, one way or the other.

mag84
05-26-2011, 01:42 PM
Well, that doesn't account for LE considering her to be the victim of the crime of kidnapping, and for the FBI to continue to list her as kidnapped on their website.

I can't convince myself that the Decatur County Sheriff's Office, the TBI, and the FBI would pull such a huge and cruel prank on the public.
I'm having a hard time with that too, but I still can't rule it out. I just can not comprehend how if they thought she was dead they would be so quiet about it and no one would be looking for her body. I mean if I was a parent I would be having fits about it. It just will not add up in my mind. The only way the silence adds up to me is that they know she's alive, somewhere. And I can't help but keep thinking about Bill Way's FB post. I honestly and seriously doubt he made that up just for whatever reason. Sigh.

looksbetterinred
05-26-2011, 01:43 PM
It's still very, very odd that a neighbor, (how far away? - the neighbors are not very close), heard the scream and the brother didn't. Something is not right with that, one way or the other.

IMO, Too many factors come into play on this. Location of the scream (closer to neighbor’s or closer to HB’s house), direction facing when screaming (facing neighbor’s, facing HB’s house), stationary or mobile when screaming. Sound plays tricks in the woods. A good test would be try and track down a barking hunting dog that is following something, Between the trees, hills, and hollers, it makes pinpointing their location extremely difficult.

mag84
05-26-2011, 01:47 PM
IMO, Too many factors come into play on this. Location of the scream (closer to neighbor’s or closer to HB’s house), direction facing when screaming (facing neighbor’s, facing HB’s house), stationary or mobile when screaming. Sound plays tricks in the woods. A good test would be try and track down a barking hunting dog that is following something, Between the trees, hills, and hollers, it makes pinpointing their location extremely difficult.
Thanks. I see your point. For some reason I keep assuming she screamed when she was grabbed in the carport. If that's what happened.

Carla Lashelle
05-26-2011, 01:50 PM

Not really. The neighbors are some distance away. Holly was taken into the woods so she could have been farther from her home and closer to the neighbors home at the time she screamed. Also the person who heard the scream was outside and the brother was inside. If you were in your own house with say the sink running or the tv on or taking a shower etc you wouldnt hear a distant scream.

mountainguy777
05-26-2011, 02:26 PM
I keep thinking about a missing persons case here in colorado where a guy was last seen catching a bus in the early morning, but vanished for several weeks. Searches were done daily by humans and dogs, and LE here finally decided this guy left the area either on his own or against his will. Eventually some off duty searchers found the guy 100 feet below a bridge he was last seen on (110 feet down and covered with snow...he was also wearing all white.) Dogs and people had searched this area numerous times.

My point to this is sometimes things like this end right near where they start. Anything is possible right now.

OldSteve
05-26-2011, 03:04 PM
Video – Sheriff Wyatt – Kidnapping
http://www.jacksonsun.com/videonetwork/903287890001/JS-Video-Sheriff-Wyatt-Kidnapping

Jackson Sun – April 13, 2011

Case Signal transcription:

Sheriff Wyatt: “It was a neighbor that lives just up the road there from the house, and didn’t see it, but heard the screams of the young lady as she was leaving the house.”

ETA: Also, just for reference, WBBJ spoke with the neighbor who heard the screams:

Decatur County Abduction
http://www.wbbjtv.com/news/local/Decatur-County-Abduction-119818374.html

WBBJ – Updated: Apr 13, 2011 at 11:26 PM CDT

A neighbor who spoke with ABC 7 Eyewitness News said they heard screaming and that is when help was called. All police were told is that she was taken into the woods.

Good info! I just realized what is often mentioned here as the scream is really screams and screaming!
If I heard one scream, I probably would not call LE, but hearing screaming I would....

nao
05-26-2011, 04:54 PM
The wind, the wind - makes a huge difference on who hears what. I raised my child in the country. The kids could be screaming and hollering - being country kids they get used to using their "country voice" - my neighbor might very well hear them, where as i may not even if they were right outside my door.
I'm not sure of the importance of "who heard the scream" the neighbor obviously heard urgency in the scream - like when you hear a dog barking, sometimes its just a dog barking and sometimes its a "theres a bear on the property bark" definate difference.
Not sure about the media attention - at the start every missing person should be splashed everywhere - but huge media will make sure - the abductor hides his victim well- cause panic fear for the abductor - a fantasy gone sideways. Unless they are an exhibitionest.
The abductor must have planed this, must have known the area somewhat or Holly would of been found in the woods or he would'nt of taken her thru the woods.
Maybe this is someone obsessed with the singer person and 'he' is just taking out on a family member 'Holly'. I so hope they find her - at the start i thought maybe it was just a publicity thing. Its the not knowing that would break me. jmo moo

bobsmi
05-26-2011, 04:58 PM
Thanks. I see your point. For some reason I keep assuming she screamed when she was grabbed in the carport. If that's what happened.

If she was being led off by the arm and the brother was watching, thinking it was her boyfriend, I doubt there was a scream at that time. The perp could have caught her off guard and stunned her (the blood) somehow with no time to scream.

It is possible she screamed when he attempted to incapacitate her (duct tape, trunk, etc.)

GypsyPrincess
05-26-2011, 05:08 PM
I'm sure this has already been mentioned, but.... I am exhausted and with all of the threads on Holly, I can't possibly re-read all of them.

Possibly the silence stems from a ransom call, or threats from the kidnapper to the family. I wonder if the father, mother, or brother could have made an individual(s) angry through their work, school, etc. Could possibly be that they do not want media coverage because they know she is alive and is being held somewhere. They wouldn't want information on their progress being reported where the kidnapper(s) would have access to that information. Just a thought. Sorry if this has already been discussed. :twocents:

shefner
05-26-2011, 05:16 PM
What would explain LE calling off local searches? What would explain the silence?
One big thing would be if they knew that Holly was alive somewhere. How would they know that?
What if the perp is contacting the family....or LE? Perhaps taunting them. Maybe allowing the family to speak to Holly.
I don't know why a perp would do this....maybe some type of vendetta against the family?
LE would be under no obligation to release this type of information to the public....

OK....I might be losing it. This case is driving me nuts.

mag84
05-26-2011, 05:17 PM
I'm sure this has already been mentioned, but.... I am exhausted and with all of the threads on Holly, I can't possibly re-read all of them.

Possibly the silence stems from a ransom call, or threats from the kidnapper to the family. I wonder if the father, mother, or brother could have made an individual(s) angry through their work, school, etc. Could possibly be that they do not want media coverage because they know she is alive and is being held somewhere. They wouldn't want information on their progress being reported where the kidnapper(s) would have access to that information. Just a thought. Sorry if this has already been discussed. :twocents:
I share your thoughts about this possibility.

I had read, and I'm sorry, I don't remember if it was here or elsewhere, I try to stay away from the "rumour boards", so forgive me, but anyway, I had read that her father had fired someone recently. If someone can confirm this to be true or if it was just a rumour I'm sorry for posting about it.

shefner
05-26-2011, 05:18 PM

Great minds think alike! I guess I was composing my post as you were posting yours! At least if I'm crazy, I'm not alone! (Sorry, GypsyPrincess)

mag84
05-26-2011, 05:22 PM
What would explain LE calling off local searches? What would explain the silence?
One big thing would be if they knew that Holly was alive somewhere. How would they know that?
What if the perp is contacting the family....or LE? Perhaps taunting them. Maybe allowing the family to speak to Holly.
I don't know why a perp would do this....maybe some type of vendetta against the family?
LE would be under no obligation to release this type of information to the public....

OK....I might be losing it. This case is driving me nuts.
IMO you're not losing it. I keep bringing up the same points, sometimes in my head, sometimes posting about it like I just recently did. Otherwise it all just doesn't make sense, the silence and abrupt stop of searches and total lack of media coverage.

GypsyPrincess
05-26-2011, 05:28 PM
That is too funny. Great minds do think alike lol. =)

Auburnmommyof2
05-26-2011, 05:46 PM
Has anyone here at WS found any updates on Caleb McLeod Tutor. This was the 20 year old kid that was "missing" from about April 14th- April 19th. He ended up walking out of the Smoky mountains and telling police that he had been kidnapped. He was later charged with making a false report. Could this be related to Holly? It seems unlikely but the same kind of silence seems to surround this weird case. His Dad is a Detective in N.C. I can't find a school or church connection but the timing is so coincidental.

I was wondering the exact same thing last night. I couldn't find any updates about where he was. Not saying the 2 cases are related but just curious

shefner
05-26-2011, 05:48 PM
I was wondering the exact same thing last night. I couldn't find any updates about where he was. Not saying the 2 cases are related but just curious

Very bizarre....

FXSTS
05-26-2011, 06:00 PM
No comments on my post (#227) ?:offtobed: OK, I'll just go back to my

dark closet and contemplate my deep-seated feelings of insecurity.

Don't worry about me, I'll be fine.

No.....really:snooty: LOL