PDA

View Full Version : 2011.06.10 TRIAL Day Fifteen (Afternoon Session)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11]

Lovejac
06-10-2011, 05:09 PM
I havern't seen JB in action before today. This guy is unbelievable!

So court is back in session on Saturday? Thay don't break for week-ends?

Thanks!

=======================================

MOO

Half day on Saturdays

Marina2
KC trying to stall her departure with the Mac cord. Thwarted by the deputy.

Girlrilla
Your paralegal shift for the day is up KC... put the wires down, the DT doesn't need your help packing up.

costalpilot
06-10-2011, 05:10 PM
Wow. If I had a dollar for every time Baez cries for a mistrial, I could take an all expenses paid vacation to Tahiti.

He seriously needs to give it a rest.

believe me, its nothing

check out the james ray trial

really unbelieveable

sleutherontheside
DT hoped for a mistrial so they could regroup their theory. THWARTED

Nana46
Took her butt out pronto today:great:

RR0004
Well, someone has brought it to the Court's attention that Casey lingers way too long. She didn't even have time to wind the cord.

If it was one of you guys....thanks a bunch!!

TotallyObsessed
If anybody missed that....WHAT A HUGE slapdown by HHJP to JB re mistrial motions. He denied the motion (of course) but more or less said...I will reserve my ruling for any future motions for mistrial. I don't have to even rule on them until I read the verdict.

HA - take that you ....... unusual person you JB.

Sooo In other words....if we get a not guilty verdict, I can declare a mistrial on one of the EIGHT HUNDRED MOTIONS FOR MISTRIAL FILED BY THE DEFENSE...and we can do it ALLLL OVER AGAIN!

Themis
If this was duct tape that was not attached to the body, then yes, I would have to agree that the duct tape with sticker could have come from anywhere.

BUT, if the state shows me an identical sticker found at the Anthony residence...I'm gonna say, nope. Not casual trash making it's way into the scene.
The doc dump does indeed show a partial sheet of identically shaped stickers in the Anthony residence.

dog.gone.cute
YES - ICA denied her right to roll up power cords. She is ushered out immediately!

:rocker: Yes ... I saw that ... did you see the "indignant" look on her face ? Like me ? Leave ?

cloud9
06-10-2011, 05:11 PM
:violin:
DENIED!

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Anakerie
Guard made ICA put the wires down
She looked rather peeved that she didn't get to wind that cord up, didn't she? lol

costalpilot
What's the point? The judge just ruled previously that the evidence was not prejudicial. Does JB really expect him to say that he was wrong to admit it?

hhjp was grinning the whole time

Wishbone
It's just a theory and my opinion only, but I think what probably happened (if you accept that Casey used chloroform on Caylee) is Casey probably accidentally killed Caylee with the chloroform, and was very careful not to get any prints on the duct tape. I think she was thinking about the nanny story long before this happened, and was ready to set up the fact that someone that cared about Caylee kidnapped her. In her mind, I bet she thought the heart on the duct tape would show that whoever did it loved Caylee. I have a feeling Caylee was already dead from the chloroform, and the duct tape was only there because she thought the chloroform wouldn't be found. I believe she probably wanted people to believe it was the duct tape that killed Caylee. This may have already been disproved, btw.. again, just my opinion!

If she accidently killed Caylee with chloroform why in the world would she have a ready made pre positioned fairy tale of a zanny the nanny story waiting in the wings? Wouldn't the fake nanny story being contrived in advance prove premeditation? Not to mention that using the drug on a child in the first place is like playing russian roulette and any parent concerned about their child would never ever even think of using it. Add to that chloroform is a carcinogen and long-term health effects include damage to the liver, kidney, and nervous system, just to mention a few. This was no accident!!!

Girlrilla
JB face when denied.

wahhhhhh wahhhhhhhnnnnn /debbie downer

JustMeDeb
Boy they took ICA out of the room quickly at the end of the day. She was busy winding up computer cords and they made her leave. Guess they are not putting up with nonsense anymore

The Farm
I swear one of HHJP's eyes can move and look over at the DT while the other stays on JA......

I love him. But it is true,one of his eyes is not as open as the other, almost like he has had a stroke. Does anyone know that?

He seems just so laid back but I know the type,,,he will strike like a viper and so fast you will not even see it!!

Did I say I just love him for the bazillionth time?

kantoo
06-10-2011, 05:12 PM
Oh HLN teasing with Dr. G's knockout of CM :)

kathyn2
So do you all think the judge will call a mistrial on this issue at some point? He seemed inclined to. What do you all think his ruling meant? It was weird. what happens with a guilty verdict? He then calls a mistrial???

KMouse
A raise a glass to the prosecution today!!

That was worth the 3 year wait IMO -- have they done their homework or what!!! :great:

I sure will!

I cried after Dr. G's testimony. She is one of Caylee's angels. Thank goodness.

So proud of all of the prosecution team and witnesses. Today they really gave our little ray of sunshine a voice.

lmcgill
Did anyone else notice how mad ICA looked when the police guy made her stop wrapping the cord and go with them....lolololol

Themis
She looked rather peeved that she didn't get to wind that cord up, didn't she? lol
That little act reminded her in a big way that she is not a support staff member of the DT team; she is the inmate defendant.

TiaM
How many pieces of duct tape were stuck together and actually on Caylee's face???????????????

THREE!

And one that we've speculated may have bound her arms - although Baez, in his infinite "wisdom" speculated today that one piece 9 feet away "could have" bound her ankles.

Was that just a typical Baez eff-up or misspeak or an attempt to mislead? Or is that actually where the tape was?

I vote it bound her arms.

Girlrilla
06-10-2011, 05:13 PM
Oh HLN teasing with Dr. G's knockout of CM :)

Dr G with a 1-2 punch right in the gut!

Blue Ridge
Your Honor, I move for mistrial on the grounds that the prosecution insists on showing testimony that proves my client is guilty. I'd like all of that cutted out so we can iorn out this thing fairly. Also, your honor, I would like to note that you are not a chemist.

:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

Eye Wonder
Did anyone else notice how mad ICA looked when the police guy made her stop wrapping the cord and go with them....lolololol

I missed this did anyone get a pic?

The Farm

SHE wants to do what SHE wants to do. Case closed.

PaperTigers
A raise a glass to the prosecution today!!

That was worth the 3 year wait IMO -- have they done their homework or what!!! :great:

There is so much evidence against her that prosecution doesn't really have to try. They're a shoo-in.

reeseeva
Maybe tomorrow they will tie in the heart shaped stickers and the matching Whitney Laundry bag at the Anthony home......IIRC the Whitney bags were a set, were they not?

TIA

kantoo
So do you all think the judge will call a mistrial on this issue at some point? He seemed inclined to. What do you all think his ruling meant? It was weird. what happens with a guilty verdict? He then calls a mistrial???

it was a little confusing to me, but he said he can rule a mistrial UP UNTIL a verdict is asked for

Baznme
So tomorrow, we follow the coffin flies, correct?

NocturnalLady
Maaaaaan I'm in a good mood after watching this trial today. :)

Linda7NJ
06-10-2011, 05:14 PM

He's simply TIRED of listening to Jose whine he wants one. Doesn't want to have to listen to him again on the mistrial issue until the very end:)

alwaysonmymind
Boy they took ICA out of the room quickly at the end of the day. She was busy winding up computer cords and they made her leave. Guess they are not putting up with nonsense anymore

I hope it's paycheck Friday for the bailiffs and they have a nice evening!

Move along ICA........

kathyn2
I don't understand this whole thing. I didn't see it a as a slap down? I worry he will call a mistrial at the end if she is convicted.!!!!

If anybody missed that....WHAT A HUGE slapdown by HHJP to JB re mistrial motions. He denied the motion (of course) but more or less said...I will reserve my ruling for any future motions for mistrial. I don't have to even rule on them until I read the verdict.

Sooo In other words....if we get a not guilty verdict, I can declare a mistrial on one of the EIGHT HUNDRED MOTIONS FOR MISTRIAL FILED BY THE DEFENSE...and we can do it ALLLL OVER AGAIN!

jojomonkey
The doc dump does indeed show a partial sheet of identically shaped stickers in the Anthony residence.

I had forgotten about that. So she definitely killed her in the house = sticker, no shoes, baby blanket. Was poor Caylee getting ready for a nap? Did she do this while she was already sleeping?

Woe.be.gone
06-10-2011, 05:15 PM
It sounds as if JP doesn't want to let the DT off the hook before presenting their case.
The DT must not have any bombshells going forward or they wouldn't be so eager for a mistrial.

JP cracks me up when he pokes his lips out after asking a question.
My favorite is when he stands up and smiles - he looks cute, like the Pillsbury Dough Boy - lol!

bonjoviblonde

Not at all. I took it as "Well, I'll wait until I see a verdict and if it comes back Not Guilty then I'll grant your precious mistrial so we can do this all over again and your client will have another chance to be found guilty for the disgusting murderer she is."

In other words, I took it as a warning to the DT.

camcneishg
getting off of here, but will toast to Dr. G tonight!! See you guys in the morning!! Sing Baby Caylee, SING!!!

stilettos
Baez asking for Mistrial...aaaaaagain.

Burpees when JB asks for mistrial.

Bon
06-10-2011, 05:16 PM
Maaaaaan I'm in a good mood after watching this trial today. :)

I missed it all, just walked in..... had to leave right when Dr G took the stand.......... :(

Oakley
I love him. But it is true,one of his eyes is not as open as the other, almost like he has had a stroke. Does anyone know that?

He seems just so laid back but I know the type,,,he will strike like a viper and so fast you will not even see it!!

No stroke. He lost an eye as as child in an accident, I believe.

TakeNote
can someone tell me when dr. G was on the stand today?

reeseeva
06-10-2011, 05:17 PM
I don't understand this whole thing. I didn't see it a as a slap down? I worry he will call a mistrial at the end if she is convicted.!!!!

Could he do this, after gathering enough information, and declare a mistrial, rather than have it go to appeal? His record for Appeal is spotless......

Themis
Maybe tomorrow they will tie in the heart shaped stickers and the matching Whitney Laundry bag at the Anthony home......IIRC the Whitney bags were a set, were they not?

TIA
Yes. Matching laundry bags

TiaM

And the best part was, after the judge ruled and the remaining people in the courtroom were snickering at Baez, he (Baez) laughs and grins hugely with Sims.

No Baez you <unusual person>, they aren't laughing WITH you, they are most definately laughing AT you. :loser: :loser: :loser:

Cubby
06-10-2011, 05:18 PM

Post of the day!
Whoo hoo - What a smackdown JB just got from the judge! :woohoo:

Curious Me
:tyou: Dr. G

alwaysonmymind
It sounds as if JP doesn't want to let the DT off the hook before presenting their case.
The DT must not have any bombshells going forward or they wouldn't be so eager for a mistrial.

JP cracks me up when he pokes his lips out after asking a question.
My favorite is when he stands up and smiles - he looks cute, like the Pillsbury Dough Boy - lol!

And earlier when he stretched, he looked like an angel. :angel:

21merc7
Psst, why are we not at sidebar?

kljohnson0458
Just listening to Vinnie say again what Dr. G said I think JB should wave the flag. The white flag. TOAST!

heartfortruth

someone mentioned up thread that he lost an eye when he was a child. I have read that a knife was stuck in his eye when he was 6 years old using knives as "swords" in play fighting. He has a false eye.

SoSueMe
06-10-2011, 05:19 PM
Locking up for the day. It's time to hit the sidebar folks!

2011.06.10 Sidebar (Trial Day Fifteen) - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

SyraKelly

she came on just before lunch time

dog.gone.cute

NO WAY ... will he call a Mistrial ...

Judge Perry has bent over backwards for the DT ...

MOO MOO MOO

Stella5

She originally took the stand right before lunch (11:40ish) and then again right after lunch at 1:30. HTH

Grrr.... I am SO mad I missed the last 20 minutes and Baez's lame attemps at yet another mistrial. The hubs came home from Grand Jury duty and was filing me in on what he could of his day. GRRR!!! Glad to hear HHJP struck him down once again and schooled him though :)

grandmaj
06-10-2011, 05:20 PM
Here you go my peeps. You did :great: today. I'm giving you the magic carpet ride.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138997&page=33

Sidebar is now open and ready for you! :blowkiss: