PDA

View Full Version : TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #5

Pages : [1] 2 3

JBean
05-25-2011, 09:41 PM
Gail Nowacki Palmgren is missing as of 4/30/11 from Signal Mountain TN.
She is driving a Jeep Rubicon, 4 door, Red, with AL license plate number "Eazy St" .
Gail is 5'8", blond hair, 135 lbs. Call Signal Mountain PD at 423-886-2124
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic3550_5.gif

WRCB TV (http://www.wrcbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=14595650)
http://wrcb.images.worldnow.com/images/14595650_BG1.JPG
http://wrcb.images.worldnow.com/images/14595650_BG2.JPG

Thread # 1 (http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135414&highlight=palmgren)

Thread # 2 (http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136407&highlight=palmgren)

Thread # 3 (http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136762&highlight=palmgren)

Thread # 4

Gail Nowacki Palmgren Media Links (http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135941&highlight=palmgren)

Gail Nowacki Palmgren Timeline (http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136222&highlight=palmgren)

Please continue here...

believe09
06-07-2011, 11:07 AM
Can any of the locals reach out to those running the facebook page and creating flyers? I spoke with HCSO this morning-since they are lead on the investigation (yet still working closely with SMPD of course) the flyers may need to be updated with the following phone numbers for HCSO:

HCSO Criminal Investigations
423-209-8940 business hours
423-622-0022 after hours.

Oriah
06-07-2011, 11:28 AM
Can any of the locals reach out to those running the facebook page and creating flyers? I spoke with HCSO this morning-since they are lead on the investigation (yet still working closely with SMPD of course) the flyers may need to be updated with the following phone numbers for HCSO:

Believe09, I'm not 'quite' a local, but close enough to help out with this. Also I have a lot of SAR contacts in the area. Would that help?

I hope Gail is safe somewhere. But I won't lie- I am concerned she was injured in an accident somewhere that has not been driven/searched by locals. Perhaps she got farther than we think, and had an accident. Do you know if Gail smokes or drinks? That is not a character assasination btw AT ALL- just trying to think of where she might have stopped in, such as a convenience store or something?

believe09
06-07-2011, 11:32 AM
I think that your questions are good ones Oriah. And yes, any update to the contact info will help.

I was intrigued to find out the department assigned to this case for HCSO.

Oriah
06-07-2011, 11:38 AM
I think that your questions are good ones Oriah. And yes, any update to the contact info will help.

I was intrigued to find out the department assigned to this case for HCSO.

Will do, Believe09.

Also I have a question for any locals- what was the weather like that morning at that specific time? I can look it up and will but would prefer a locals input. TIA.....

I too was interested to find the dept assigned was HCSO.

believe09
06-07-2011, 11:43 AM
Will do, Believe09.

Also I have a question for any locals- what was the weather like that morning at that specific time? I can look it up and will but would prefer a locals input. TIA.....

I know Oriah-and the Criminal Investigations dept at that!

fbx
06-07-2011, 12:25 PM
[quote]
BBM

Good to hear and thank you for letting us know.

I'd feel a little better if we knew LE had talked to the children and has gone over the puters, etc.

They have not. This is to say that no-one has observed any such activity around the house....conflicting info about whether the children were questioned around April 2 when missing reports were first made, but since then there is nothing to indicate that the children have been questioned further.

April 30th was warm, sunny and relatively cloudless...hard to believe it was so beautiful after the Storms Wednesday. Infact, weather had been warm, sunny and clear since Thursday as far as I remember...but deffinately on the 30th.

ThoughtFox
06-07-2011, 01:25 PM
Bombshell: Matt Palmgren has been fired by Blue Cross for skipping a work conference in Pennsylvania along with a female employee who met up with him there while on a work-related trip the week before Gail disappeared.

At the same time, Sheriff Jim Hammond has made a statement that it is "highly unusual" that Gail's red Jeep hasn't been discovered.

Chattanoogan 6/7/2011 ~ Husband of Missing Signal Mt. Woman is Fired by Blue Cross (http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_202911.asp)

Attorney Bryan Hoss confirmed that Matthew C. Palmgren, Pharm D., received a termination letter on Monday afternoon.

(snip)

Sources said about a week prior to the disappearance of Gail Palmgren that Matt Palmgren flew to Pennsylvania to attend an insurance conference.

Sources said he left the conference without attending any of the sessions and joined a female BlueCross employee at another location, then they drove back to Chattanooga together after she allegedly bought a car there.

BlueCross officials said they could not confirm reports that the female BlueCross official has also been terminated.

ThoughtFox
06-07-2011, 01:36 PM
Will do, Believe09.

As I recall, the weather right after the tornadoes was absolutely beautiful and clear. I remember because it was such a contrast to the stormy weather and I was relieved that the electric crews and rescuers didn't have to work in the rain. Also, we had no electricity so I cooked outside on a charcoal grill for those days and made coffee in the morning. I don't think it rained again until the Tuesday after she disappeared.

The only difference on the mountain might be that sometimes there is a little fog because it is higher elevation, but I don't recall any fog in the valley on those days at all. Someone from Signal would have to tell you that.

Of course by noon on Saturday any fog surely would have burned off.

ThoughtFox
06-07-2011, 01:44 PM
But the ground certainly would still be wet, correct? Even TN fog will do that (at 7:40AM) much less the tornadoes and rain that came through just prior to. I am still interested in foot print impressions. Were there any casts made? Also- the fire breaks and what not behind the residence.... tire tracks?

Yes the ground was wet of course from the storms, which were on April 27th, although it would have dried out fast because it was hot and sunny.

As I recall, there are woods behind the residence and her neighbor saw her drive away.

believe09
06-07-2011, 01:46 PM
I suppose the next step would be lining up whether the other employee was something more than a friend.

I guess the Administrative Leave wasnt so Mr Palmgren could deal with his missing wife.

believe09
06-07-2011, 01:48 PM
Snipped from ThoughtFox's article:

Sheriff Hammond said, "It is highly unusual that it has been this long and her vehicle has not been spotted."

I would say this puts to rest any of the sightings that have been reported. :(

Oriah
06-07-2011, 01:49 PM
As I recall, the weather right after the tornadoes was absolutely beautiful and clear. I remember because it was such a contrast to the stormy weather and I was relieved that the electric crews and rescuers didn't have to work in the rain. Also, we had no electricity so I cooked outside on a charcoal grill for those days and made coffee in the morning. I don't think it rained again until the Tuesday after she disappeared.

The only difference on the mountain might be that sometimes there is a little fog because it is higher elevation, but I don't recall any fog in the valley on those days at all. Someone from Signal would have to tell you that.

Sorry- my bad. should have gone into Holly's thread. Files getting complicated.

ThoughtFox
06-07-2011, 01:52 PM
Bombshell: Matt Palmgren has been fired by Blue Cross for skipping a work conference in Pennsylvania along with a female employee who met up with him there while on a work-related trip the week before Gail disappeared.

At the same time, Sheriff Jim Hammond has made a statement that it is "highly unusual" that Gail's red Jeep hasn't been discovered.

Chattanoogan 6/7/2011 ~ Husband of Missing Signal Mt. Woman is Fired by Blue Cross (http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_202911.asp)

Attorney Bryan Hoss confirmed that Matthew C. Palmgren, Pharm D., received a termination letter on Monday afternoon.

(snip)

Sources said about a week prior to the disappearance of Gail Palmgren that Matt Palmgren flew to Pennsylvania to attend an insurance conference.

Sources said he left the conference without attending any of the sessions and joined a female BlueCross employee at another location, then they drove back to Chattanooga together after she allegedly bought a car there.

BlueCross officials said they could not confirm reports that the female BlueCross official has also been terminated.

Hate to quote myself but ~ where is everybody? :crazy:

I think this is a huge deal because it goes to MP's state of mind, illicit activities, and just plain dishonesty even to MP's employer.

If he and this woman drove away from Pennsylvania, where did they go? Where did the other employees think they were going?

So is BC/BS doing this just to distance themselves from the investigation? Or have they done their own internal investigation and found that shady stuff happened on more than one occasion? I'm thinking this trip to Pennsylvania is the tip of the iceberg.

It also fits with the receipts from the downtown hotels near BC/BS. I never believed the theory that those were from MP leaving the house and going to stay downtown. I think Gail was the one who left the house every time after the 911 calls. So the receipts were from trysts with another employee.

Also, Sheriff Hammond seems skeptical that Gail's jeep has not been spotted anywhere close by. I think that is another huge statement after a weekend search has turned up nothing again.

believe09
06-07-2011, 02:07 PM
Also, Sheriff Hammond seems skeptical that Gail's jeep has not been spotted anywhere close by. I think that is another huge statement after a weekend search has turned up nothing again.
Respectfully snipped.

I read it as the Sheriff taking it one step further-Gail's jeep has not been spotted. I took it to mean anywhere.

Oriah
06-07-2011, 02:08 PM

I think this is a huge deal because it goes to MP's state of mind, illicit activities, and just plain dishonesty even to MP's employer.

If he and this woman drove away from Pennsylvania, where did they go? Where did the other employees think they were going?

So is BC/BS doing this just to distance themselves from the investigation? Or have they done their own internal investigation and found that shady stuff happened on more than one occasion? I'm thinking this trip to Pennsylvania is the tip of the iceberg.

It also fits with the receipts from the downtown hotels near BC/BS. I never believed the theory that those were from MP leaving the house and going to stay downtown. I think Gail was the one who left the house every time after the 911 calls. So the receipts were from trysts with another employee.

BBM:Couldn't agree more with this. I think she got a lot farther than was originally thought. MOO.

fbx
06-07-2011, 02:09 PM

Nope...sometimes it's foggy all day up here, but gorgeous in the valley! That's usually October/November though.
No fog up here on the 30th ....but when it rained again (I think you're right about Tuesday)...it poured and poured. The ground was still very very wet on the 30th though and water was still gushing off the bluffs and over the W, but no longer running over the roads.

The Admin leave makes much more sense now though...we had thought it was due to a breach of ethical conduct re: his contract. which would eventually lead to removal of pay and then him voluntarily quitting as a result. Worry of him taking another job and leaving the area was on our minds. Being fired for this reason though, puts finding another job further over the horizon and will make life very difficult.
Obsession with this woman to the exclusion of reasonable well-thought-out behavior seems very evident in the light of this development.
Any paranoia that Gail may have exhibited seems much more reasonable at this point, doesn't it??

F. Lee
06-07-2011, 02:13 PM
Wow.

I agree this is very big news. Maybe this will encourage people who have been quiet to start talking now. I know employees at Blue Cross who told me that nobody was talking about this at all -- they all knew about the affair with MP's fellow employee and about her divorce, but everything had been shut down as far as any chatter was concerned.

And LE has spoken too. This gives much needed hope that maybe things are getting ready to break open. My thoughts are with Gail's safe return, and that her children are being well taken care of.

ThoughtFox
06-07-2011, 02:33 PM
Nope...sometimes it's foggy all day up here, but gorgeous in the valley! That's usually October/November though.
No fog up here on the 30th ....but when it rained again (I think you're right about Tuesday)...it poured and poured. The ground was still very very wet on the 30th though and water was still gushing off the bluffs and over the W, but no longer running over the roads.

Indeed ~ for Oriah's question about the weather conditions and tracks, the rain on May 3rd renders it all moot anyway. That was the day after she was reported missing on May2nd by her husband. Tire tracks, footprints - all of it would be gone aftter the heavy rain.

The Admin leave makes much more sense now though...we had thought it was due to a breach of ethical conduct re: his contract. which would eventually lead to removal of pay and then him voluntarily quitting as a result. Worry of him taking another job and leaving the area was on our minds. Being fired for this reason though, puts finding another job further over the horizon and will make life very difficult.
Obsession with this woman to the exclusion of reasonable well-thought-out behavior seems very evident in the light of this development.

Any paranoia that Gail may have exhibited seems much more reasonable at this point, doesn't it??

Yes indeed. I was thinking the same thing! Maybe she tried to call her husband at the conference and he wasn't there? Maybe other employees covered for him, even if they didn't really know what he was doing?

I would feel paranoid in that situation, thinking the rest of the world knows something and you don't.

I've known people whose spouses were unfaithful and they were the last to know, and it is a terrible sense of betrayal, just devastating.

That this conference in question happened just a week before Gail went missing seems incredible. I'm still trying to process what that might mean for the 911 call and the trip to Alabama.

believe09
06-07-2011, 02:40 PM
It is definitely appropriate to speculate that Matt and Gail had some dialogue regarding this, if he was having an affair and if Gail knew about it.

fbx
06-07-2011, 02:46 PM
http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_202911.asp

Sheriff Jim Hammond said major crimes detectives are working the case along with the Signal Mountain Police.

So...not just HCSO CI...but major crimes

All this is pretty huge to my inexperienced self with regard to missing persons. We've gone from SILENCE to the Major CRIMES Dept.

believe09
06-07-2011, 02:49 PM
Ayup.

happy409
06-07-2011, 04:02 PM

So is BC/BS doing this just to distance themselves from the investigation? Or have they done their own internal investigation and found that shady stuff happened on more than one occasion? I'm thinking this trip to Pennsylvania is the tip of the iceberg. It also fits with the receipts from the downtown hotels near BC/BS. I never believed the theory that those were from MP leaving the house and going to stay downtown. I think Gail was the one who left the house every time after the 911 calls. So the receipts were from trysts with another employee.

BBM - I agree. If that was it, didn't attend the conference, MP could have easily covered his tracks, call it an emergency and offered to reimburse any expense, then carry on. Interesting BS was questioning him, hopefully the police are doing it also! IMHO, I'd love for Nancy Grace to 'talk' him, just once!!

Maybe this was just one of the thing's GP's sister found out about, among other things.

dreamweaver
06-07-2011, 04:23 PM
Seems it is just now the tip of the iceberg we are seeing. LE knows more than we do and it seems they are not buying all of Matthew's story.
JMO...

And where would that red jeep be?
I remember the case of the AR woman who disappeared, finally found in her car
in an apartment garage. The place was being remodeled.
If the jeep isn't at the bottom of some river, it could be in a storage facility.
??

hollyblue
06-07-2011, 04:42 PM
Indeed ~ for Oriah's question about the weather conditions and tracks, the rain on May 3rd renders it all moot anyway. That was the day after she was reported missing on May2nd by her husband. Tire tracks, footprints - all of it would be gone aftter the heavy rain.

Yes indeed. I was thinking the same thing! Maybe she tried to call her husband at the conference and he wasn't there? Maybe other employees covered for him, even if they didn't really know what he was doing?

I would feel paranoid in that situation, thinking the rest of the world knows something and you don't.

I've known people whose spouses were unfaithful and they were the last to know, and it is a terrible sense of betrayal, just devastating.

That this conference in question happened just a week before Gail went missing seems incredible. I'm still trying to process what that might mean for the 911 call and the trip to Alabama.

Conferences usually last only 2/3 days...unless a yearly, departmental, company sponsored outing.
Curious if other employees were to attend the conference, including the "female" or just Matt? He was a director, so I'm thinking no need for subordiates to attend. Budget, cost savings, etc. Maybe the female took vacation or personal leave? How sporatic or planned was the car purchase? Odd.

OK....just pulling from memory...but I remember a case where the gf dawned a blonde wig, disguised as LE and abducted the wife from a store parking lot.....in hand cuffs...rest not good. Over the top, but eye witness accounts are not always 100%. Possible GP was not driving the jeep? Also possible the "new" car could be the one stalking? Maybe no one "in the know" was to know about the new car?

MP's nightmare is becoming reality......hope to God someone is keeping an eye on the kids!!!!

JMO

JBean
06-07-2011, 04:53 PM
As Kimster would say:
:thud:

hollyblue
06-07-2011, 04:58 PM
I wish they would get his employment down pat.. I've seen 2009 and 2010. I'm more inclined to think it's '10 since she was still employed in KY til June '10; but it just may put another new spin if she stayed on in KY til the down-sizing was complete and he was already working in TN.

Columbo
06-07-2011, 05:00 PM
Seems it is just now the tip of the iceberg we are seeing. LE knows more than we do and it seems they are not buying all of Matthew's story.
JMO...

And where would that red jeep be?
I remember the case of the AR woman who disappeared, finally found in her car
in an apartment garage. The place was being remodeled.
If the jeep isn't at the bottom of some river, it could be in a storage facility.
??

I apologize if this was discussed before, I know that aspects of the car were hashed and rehashed a lot in previous threads---but if the Jeep had "OnStar" (sp?) wouldn't they be able to find it ? .....so I guess it didn't have this feature.

hollyblue
06-07-2011, 05:02 PM
As Kimster would say:

I know....I was at the point of racking my brain with speculation of her leaving on her own since nothing was breaking and her family had gone quite.

hollyblue
06-07-2011, 05:04 PM
I apologize if this was discussed before, I know that aspects of the car were hashed and rehashed a lot in previous threads---but if the Jeep had "OnStar" (sp?) wouldn't they be able to find it ? .....so I guess it didn't have this feature.

Don't know how reliable, but the organizer for the searches stated...on FB, although the jeep was fairly new model, it didn't have the GPS.

JBean
06-07-2011, 05:20 PM
I wish they would get his employment down pat.. I've seen 2009 and 2010. I'm more inclined to think it's '10 since she was still employed in KY til June '10; but it just may put another new spin if she stayed on in KY til the down-sizing was complete and he was already working in TN.
How about a press release?

http://www.bcbst.com/images/BCBST_logo.gif
July 10, 2009 Palmgren Joins BlueCross Pharmacy Team
CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. — Matthew C. Palmgren, Pharm D., recently joined BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee as director of pharmacy programs for its government business and emerging markets business unit. In this role, he will be responsible for the pharmacy programs in BlueCross’ Senior Care Division, which serves Medicare Advantage and Part D members, and Volunteer State Health Plan, which oversees TennCare and Cover Tennessee programs.
r

http://www.bcbst.com/about/news/releases/default.asp?release=283

hollyblue
06-07-2011, 05:43 PM
How about a press release?

http://www.bcbst.com/images/BCBST_logo.gif
July 10, 2009 Palmgren Joins BlueCross Pharmacy Team
CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. — Matthew C. Palmgren, Pharm D., recently joined BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee as director of pharmacy programs for its government business and emerging markets business unit. In this role, he will be responsible for the pharmacy programs in BlueCross’ Senior Care Division, which serves Medicare Advantage and Part D members, and Volunteer State Health Plan, which oversees TennCare and Cover Tennessee programs.
r

http://www.bcbst.com/about/news/releases/default.asp?release=283

Thanks JBean. Boy, this just might put a whole new spin on things. He was working in TN a full year before she was released from the pharmaceutical company. Thud is right.

ETA:
Gail Palmgren lost her job at Novartis Pharmaceuticals in June 2010. She also suspected her husband was having an affair, according to friends and family, and had discovered hotel invoices from the DoubleTree hotel and a Hampton Inn in Chattanooga, invoices that showed his name and that he had paid in cash.
http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2011/may/17/missing-woman-search-continues-gail-palmgren/ (http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2011/may/17/missing-woman-search-continues-gail-palmgren/)

happy409
06-07-2011, 05:50 PM
TIMES FREE PRESS ARTICLE (sorry for dups if already posted)

http://timesfreepress.com/news/2011/jun/07/chattanooga-husband-missing-woman-fired-bluecross-/?breakingnews

Matthew Palmgren was let go from his job Monday afternoon through a letter, said Lee Davis, a defense attorney, who is representing Palmgren.

The letter, according to Davis, cites the investigation into the disappearance of Palmgren’s wife, Gail, as a reason for the action.“Obviously, it cites the investigation. We’re not going to discuss the details at this point,” he said.

Hmm, it was because of the investigation, not the PA trip! I didn't think so!

And I don't think 'obviously' if he had nothing to do with it. Has anyone known of a family member disappearing and that was the reason a spouse/so was fired?

I have never heard someone being fired (after paying him for over a month) over their wife missing, if it was just that easy.

hollyblue
06-07-2011, 06:26 PM
TIMES FREE PRESS ARTICLE (sorry for dups if already posted)

http://timesfreepress.com/news/2011/jun/07/chattanooga-husband-missing-woman-fired-bluecross-/?breakingnews

Matthew Palmgren was let go from his job Monday afternoon through a letter, said Lee Davis, a defense attorney, who is representing Palmgren.

The letter, according to Davis, cites the investigation into the disappearance of Palmgren’s wife, Gail, as a reason for the action.“Obviously, it cites the investigation. We’re not going to discuss the details at this point,” he said.

Hmm, it was because of the investigation, not the PA trip! I didn't think so!

And I don't think 'obviously' if he had nothing to do with it. Has anyone known of a family member disappearing and that was the reason a spouse/so was fired?

I have never heard someone being fired (after paying him for over a month) over their wife missing, if it was just that easy.

Heavens no. They wouldn't have a leg to stand on. Gail's disappearance pushed BCBS to peep into his activities and he was caught with his pants down....pun intended. IMO

Columbo
06-07-2011, 06:30 PM
Conferences usually last only 2/3 days...unless a yearly, departmental, company sponsored outing.
Curious if other employees were to attend the conference, including the "female" or just Matt? He was a director, so I'm thinking no need for subordiates to attend. Budget, cost savings, etc. Maybe the female took vacation or personal leave? How sporatic or planned was the car purchase? Odd.

OK....just pulling from memory...but I remember a case where the gf dawned a blonde wig, disguised as LE and abducted the wife from a store parking lot.....in hand cuffs...rest not good. Over the top, but eye witness accounts are not always 100%. Possible GP was not driving the jeep? Also possible the "new" car could be the one stalking? Maybe no one "in the know" was to know about the new car?

MP's nightmare is becoming reality......hope to God someone is keeping an eye on the kids!!!!

JMO

bolded by me.

It can't happen too fast ! I'm glad to see "karma" operating at a higher speed than normal. At the same time--I wish the kids could get out of there....

Columbo
06-07-2011, 06:32 PM
Thanks JBean. Boy, this just might put a whole new spin on things. He was working in TN a full year before she was released from the pharmaceutical company. Thud is right.

So they really must have been separated--at least by distance--all that time?

JayCeeVee
06-07-2011, 06:37 PM
I realize someone has posted from the local newspaper but thought I'd add this from Chattanoogan.com as it shows a statement from the Sheriff.

http://chattanoogan.com/articles/article_202911.asp

hollyblue
06-07-2011, 06:45 PM

Sounds like it. The property lists as sold in Aug '09. Maybe someone can find something in the property records?

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/40-Ridgerock-Dr-Signal-Mountain-TN-37377/70219931_zpid/

JBean
06-07-2011, 06:53 PM
Sounds like it. The property lists as sold in Aug '09. Maybe someone can find something in the property records?

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/40-Ridgerock-Dr-Signal-Mountain-TN-37377/70219931_zpid/
Recording Date 08/07/2009 Document # 2009080700179 BK-PG: 8993-157
Lender Name FIRST TENNESSEE BANK NA Buyer Name PALMGREN, MATTHEW C; PALMGREN, GAIL A

JBean
06-07-2011, 06:54 PM
Recording Date 08/07/2009 Document # 2009080700179 BK-PG: 8993-157
Lender Name FIRST TENNESSEE BANK NA Buyer Name PALMGREN, MATTHEW C; PALMGREN, GAIL A
hang on. I see other activity on this transaction so I may have more later.

I see another transfer to them in 2006 almost as though they bought it, sold it and then bought it back.or something strange. not sure if it is relevant so will check it more carefully and report back later tonight.
ETA: based on Happy's post below perhaps they subdivided.

happy409
06-07-2011, 06:56 PM

http://assessor.hamiltontn.gov/PropertyInquiry/InquiryHome/PropertySearch.aspx
This looks like a generic link, just put in the last name. The other appears to be his mother's property.

Interesting to me though, was click on the 'property image' and it shows a drawing of the lot, which shows they owned all of the woods backing up to Timesville Road.

Owner Name: PALMGREN MATTHEW C & GAIL A
Property Image
Property Address: 40 RIDGEROCK DR

Map:
098G Group:
G Parcel:

District:
3S-SIGNAL MOUNTAIN Property Type:
22-RESIDENTIAL Land Use Code:
111-ONE FAMILY HOUSEHOLD UNIT

Lot Size: 116.28X366.51IR
Deed Acres: 1.0000
Subdivision:
Legal Description:
LT 15 ST IVES COMMUNITY
PG52 PG150 REV 80-62
OUT OF 98G-G-6 FOR 1995

Mailing Address:
40 RIDGEROCK DR
SIGNAL MTN, TN 37377

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sales Information
11 results.
DATE CONSIDERATION BOOK PAGE
08/06/2009 $550,000.00 8993 0157
08/04/2009 8993 0154
06/08/2006 $704,000.00 7986 0679
04/13/2005 $50,000.00

SmoothOperator
06-07-2011, 07:11 PM
Wh-wh-wh-wh-WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAT???:ohwow:
Thanks for the heads up holly.. One shoe has now dropped and I'm gonna so very impatiently wait on that other shoe to drop!!

WoW just WoW!!

ITD
06-07-2011, 07:37 PM
Huge news, but not surprising that the generous interpretations of admin leave, affair allegations weren't true.

happy409
06-07-2011, 07:43 PM

I'm not so sure. Here is GP's & MP's employment history.
It appears her job may have been more flexible! OR she never followed him when he went from AL to KY than to TN until layed off?

Matthew Palmgren's Experience
Director, Government Business and Emerging Markets
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Tennessee
Nonprofit; Insurance industry
2009 – Present (2 years)
Responsible for Medicare, TennCare and CoverTennessee product lines
Director of Government Pharmacy
Hospital & Health Care industry
2009 – 2009 (less than a year)
Director
Humana
Public Company; HUM; Insurance Industry
2004 – 2009 (5 years)
BlueCross BlueShield of Alabama
2002 to 2004

Gail Palmgren's Experience
Scientific Director, Medical Liaison
Novartis Pharmaceuticals
Public Company; 10,001+ employees; NVS; Pharmaceuticals industry
June 2002 – June 2010 (8 years 1 month)
Clinical Assistant Professor
Auburn University
Educational Institution; Higher Education industry
October 1996 – May 2002 (5 years 8 months)
Clinical Pharmacy Director
Central Alabama Veterans Health System
Pharmaceuticals industry

From Linkedin.com (except Matt's BCBS AL - from BCBS press release)

ThoughtFox
06-07-2011, 07:50 PM
I think I was correct last night when I wrote that this might go national - without the husband's permission.

Heck, if the Caylee case wasn't ongoing, this would probably be on Nancy Grace automatically.

Now I'm wondering what MP's next move is going to be without a job.

Which property will he try to sell first?

almino
06-07-2011, 07:51 PM
If a woman wearing a blond wig can abduct another woman, is it possible that Gail never got out of the house? Could someone looking like Gail or wearing a wig be the one who drove away from the house, taking the cell phone. The driver of the jeep, supposedly Gail, refused to look at the neighbor who was trying to get her attention.

I suppose the neighbor was absolutely sure that it was Gail?

hollyblue
06-07-2011, 07:56 PM
FB page: Clive is saying her brother, Kevin, in FL is starting a reward fund.

happy409
06-07-2011, 08:02 PM
I think I was correct last night when I wrote that this might go national - without the husband's permission.

Heck, if the Caylee case wasn't ongoing, this would probably be on Nancy Grace automatically.

BBM

Interestingly, I heard the lake house was in her name alone, and the house appears to be in both names. Can he sell anything without her?? HMMM?

How long do you have to be missing to release financial and contractual ties?

Columbo
06-07-2011, 08:05 PM
If a woman wearing a blond wig can abduct another woman, is it possible that Gail never got out of the house? Could someone looking like Gail or wearing a wig be the one who drove away from the house, taking the cell phone. The driver of the jeep, supposedly Gail, refused to look at the neighbor who was trying to get her attention.

I suppose the neighbor was absolutely sure that it was Gail?

Our moderator JBean said that it absolutely was Gail driving the Jeep away from the Ridge Rock home on April 30. It's in the last thread.

p.s. I do like your idea, though.

Columbo
06-07-2011, 08:07 PM
I'm not so sure. Here is GP's & MP's employment history.
It appears her job may have been more flexible! OR she never followed him when he went from AL to KY than to TN until layed off?

Matthew Palmgren's Experience
Director, Government Business and Emerging Markets
Nonprofit; Insurance industry
2009 – Present (2 years)
Responsible for Medicare, TennCare and CoverTennessee product lines
Director of Government Pharmacy
Hospital & Health Care industry
2009 – 2009 (less than a year)
Director
Humana
Public Company; HUM; Insurance Industry
2004 – 2009 (5 years)
BlueCross BlueShield of Alabama
2002 to 2004

Gail Palmgren's Experience
Scientific Director, Medical Liaison
Novartis Pharmaceuticals
Public Company; 10,001+ employees; NVS; Pharmaceuticals industry
June 2002 – June 2010 (8 years 1 month)
Clinical Assistant Professor
Auburn University
Educational Institution; Higher Education industry
Clinical Pharmacy Director
Central Alabama Veterans Health System
Pharmaceuticals industry

From Linkedin.com (except Matt's BCBS AL - from BCBS press release)

Thanks, happy409. I'm confused but I think it's because I don't know where some of these companies are located (and thus, where GP or MP would have been living). Novartis is in KY ??? Humana is in ??? If I'm reading this information right, it looks as if they might not have been living together for a long time.

hollyblue
06-07-2011, 08:10 PM

How can he-- unless he owns property by himself?

hollyblue
06-07-2011, 08:15 PM
Thanks, happy409. I'm confused but I think it's because I don't know where some of these companies are located (and thus, where GP or MP would have been living). Novartis is in KY ??? Humana is in ??? If I'm reading this information right, it looks as if they might not have been living together for a long time.

LOL, I'm still working on this too. Not sure of the locations of Novartis or Humana in their employment. May have transferred. Interesting......

Yes, thanks happy409.

happy409
06-07-2011, 08:15 PM

Novartis is worldwide, corporate headquarters in Cambridge, Massachusetts.

Humana is nationwide, but corporate headquarters in KY.

I assumed she moved around with him because she had more flexibility to transfer, but not sure. Does any friends know? That would help!

hollyblue
06-07-2011, 08:21 PM
hang on. I see other activity on this transaction so I may have more later.

I see another transfer to them in 2006 almost as though they bought it, sold it and then bought it back.or something strange. not sure if it is relevant so will check it more carefully and report back later tonight.
ETA: based on Happy's post below perhaps they subdivided.

Maybe a business venture? Investment in the property orginally then coupled with a builder for house built on spec? I'm wondering if the house went into foreclosure before the 08/09 purchase. ?

almino
06-07-2011, 08:29 PM
Thanks Columbo. I had read through all the threads, but couldn't remember how definite it was that it was Gail who drove away.

Did you see on the Bring Gail Home facebook page that someone from Michigan spotted a Rubicon red jeep with a life is good wheel cover?

happy409
06-07-2011, 08:45 PM
Thanks Columbo. I had read through all the threads, but couldn't remember how definite it was that it was Gail who drove away. Did you see on the Bring Gail Home facebook page that someone from Michigan spotted a Rubicon red jeep with a life is good wheel cover?

BBM

I have my doubts, and Susie had to be the one to confirm, I wonder with all of this she may be reconsidering, not sure. I am sure it happened pretty fast (if Gail was afraid or someone wanted to make it look like that), and the houses are set back from the road. For Susie to have run out of her house and up the hill, it would have been mainly from the back...JMHO!

Columbo
06-07-2011, 08:47 PM
Thanks Columbo. I had read through all the threads, but couldn't remember how definite it was that it was Gail who drove away.

Did you see on the Bring Gail Home facebook page that someone from Michigan spotted a Rubicon red jeep with a life is good wheel cover?

You're welcome, almino. It sounded as if JBean had it on good authority that it was Gail, for sure.

I did see that a person from Michigan saw a Red Rubicon jeep with the "Life is Good" wheel cover. Could be a coincidence that someone else has the same wheel cover, but who knows.

Columbo
06-07-2011, 08:48 PM

I assumed she moved around with him because she had more flexibility to transfer, but not sure. Does any friends know? That would help!

Could she have been "telecommuting" ? (Maybe there is a different word for it now! )

Columbo
06-07-2011, 08:50 PM
BBM

I have my doubts, and Susie had to be the one to confirm, I wonder with all of this she may be reconsidering, not sure. I am sure it happened pretty fast (if Gail was afraid or someone wanted to make it look like that), and the houses are set back from the road. For Susie to have run out of her house and up the hill, it would have been mainly from the back...JMHO!

Interesting. I tend to always believe JBean because it seems like she gets good info . I guess Susie had to be the one to confirm the sighting.

Pollywog
06-07-2011, 09:26 PM
Wouldn't it be wonderful if it was Gail in MI and it was her jeep? My daughter in AK has a rubicon just like Gails, but not that wheel cover.

hollyblue
06-07-2011, 09:38 PM

I was thinking he followed her to KY. He was still in AL from 2002-2004, while she was employed by Novartis in May of 2002-2010. Unless there is AL location for Novartis where she worked...which I can't find. ???

Where was he employed before 2002?

JBean
06-07-2011, 09:52 PM
Interesting. I tend to always believe JBean because it seems like she gets good info . I guess Susie had to be the one to confirm the sighting.
Thank you for your vote of confidence. For the record susies account only corroborates the information I have. Iow its not susies word I am relying upon to confirm

MacGyver
06-07-2011, 10:06 PM

I have updated the flyer I have been circulating and will post on FB, etc. Thank you so much for the update!

I too am interested to see the Criminal Investigations Department is now handling the investigation. Let's hope whomever is investigating can bring Gail Marie home to her children and her family! Thank you all!

Jan
06-07-2011, 10:10 PM
Where in Michigan did someone supposedly see the red Jeep with the wheel cover the same as Gail's? I live in Michigan, so I wondered if it was anywhere near my area.

hollyblue
06-07-2011, 10:26 PM
Where in Michigan did someone supposedly see the red Jeep with the wheel cover the same as Gail's? I live in Michigan, so I wondered if it was anywhere near my area.

Jamie Jones, who is with Missing You Foundation posted the info. Here is addy for the organization, but not sure if that is where he saw the jeep. Prolly close tho.

[/URL]Any Donations can be sent to …In Care of Missing You Foundation
1309 E Michigan Ave,Albion Michigan
Jamie Jones

[URL]http://missingyouorg.com/services/donations/ (http://www.missingyouorg.com/)

glorias
06-07-2011, 10:43 PM
snipped...

Interesting to me though, was click on the 'property image' and it shows a drawing of the lot, which shows they owned all of the woods backing up to Timesville Road.

I wonder if those woods have been searched. Not necessarily for a big red Jeep but for smaller items.

Edit to add: Specifically I meant the $30K of valuables MP claims GP took with her. (Link. (http://www.wivb.com/dpp/news/crime/missimg-tn-mom-has-ties-to-wny))

glorias
06-07-2011, 10:58 PM
Still reeling from the news today!

For what it's worth (which may not be much), the time MP was on leave doesn't surprise me much, because I once knew a gentleman who worked for NASA who was on leave for 3 full months while NASA gathered the info they needed and got all their legal ducks in a row before firing him. It was a CYA move on their part to make sure they couldn't get sued.

That makes me think even BCBS was suspicious of MP's involvement since about the middle of May, when he was put on leave. I would assume anything they know, LE knows.

MacGyver
06-07-2011, 11:19 PM
Could she have been "telecommuting" ? (Maybe there is a different word for it now! )

Gail's territory was still primarily in Alabama, IIRC. So it was easy for her to stay at the lake house and still maintain her job, while commuting home either every weekend or every other weekend to Kentucky. As I've said before, Easy Street was very special to her. We had many conversations over the years where nothing was said, but now it's becoming more apparent as to why.

Valleyboy
06-07-2011, 11:30 PM
You're welcome, almino. It sounded as if JBean had it on good authority that it was Gail, for sure.

I did see that a person from Michigan saw a Red Rubicon jeep with the "Life is Good" wheel cover. Could be a coincidence that someone else has the same wheel cover, but who knows.

Life is good is a very popular wheel cover for Jeeps and it comes in many styles.

from jeep dealers.

http://www.allthingsjeep.com/liisgotico.html

fireflylink
06-08-2011, 12:07 AM
snipped...

I wonder if those woods have been searched. Not necessarily for a big red Jeep but for smaller items.

Edit to add: Specifically I meant the $30K of valuables MP claims GP took with her. (Link. (http://www.wivb.com/dpp/news/crime/missimg-tn-mom-has-ties-to-wny))
With regards to the items reportedly removed by Gail, this was reported to have happened about a week PRIOR to her disappearance. Link to Chattanoogan article here http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_200931.asp IMO, it would be reasonable to think that Gail would have included these items (especially sentimental family jewelry), among those that were given to friends for safe-keeping.

That being said, for a local and "in-person perspective" and for the benefit of those who are only able to view the property via overhead internet pics I will share the following; their backyard "woods" as they appear online are IMO of course, a nicely sized yard with the benefit of trees at the deeply-sloping rear half. This edge of Timesville is guard-railed (for good reason). If it were not, a vehicle leaving the road would not merely drive off the road, but likely roll over a few times before landing at the rear of the properties.

When on Timesville, the rear of the houses are visible, in winter with no leaves much more so, you can see into the homes while driving down Timesville (privacy from Timesville Rd would be an issue then).

Also, just across Timesville and in the general area there is regular traffic and several homes clustered. Another mile down and around the corner there is a smaller wooded road some areas which are more isolated.

redfish
06-08-2011, 12:22 AM
All of this new information is very encouraging for me. I am so glad LE has spoken up at last. Finally we can see movement.

hollyblue
06-08-2011, 12:28 AM
Gail's territory was still primarily in Alabama, IIRC. So it was easy for her to stay at the lake house and still maintain her job, while commuting home either every weekend or every other weekend to Kentucky. As I've said before, Easy Street was very special to her. We had many conversations over the years where nothing was said, but now it's becoming more apparent as to why.

I'm confused...:innocent: She was working for Novartis in KY, living in the lake house (AL) during the week and then returning to the home in KY on the week-ends or every other week-end? Matt was still living in AL, right? Do you know if they still own the house in KY? TIA MacGyver

hollyblue
06-08-2011, 12:32 AM
With regards to the items reportedly removed by Gail, this was reported to have happened about a week PRIOR to her disappearance. Link to Chattanoogan article here http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_200931.asp IMO, it would be reasonable to think that Gail would have included these items (especially sentimental family jewelry), among those that were given to friends for safe-keeping.

That being said, for a local and "in-person perspective" and for the benefit of those who are only able to view the property via overhead internet pics I will share the following; their backyard "woods" as they appear online are IMO of course, a nicely sized yard with the benefit of trees at the deeply-sloping rear half. This edge of Timesville is guard-railed (for good reason). If it were not, a vehicle leaving the road would not merely drive off the road, but likely roll over a few times before landing at the rear of the properties.

When on Timesville, the rear of the houses are visible, in winter with no leaves much more so, you can see into the homes while driving down Timesville (privacy from Timesville Rd would be an issue then).

Also, just across Timesville and in the general area there is regular traffic and several homes clustered. Another mile down and around the corner there is a smaller wooded road some areas which are more isolated.

Thank you for the insight. Do you know if the property next to them (up the hill) has been developed yet--- since we don't know how old the satellite pics are on Google Maps, etc.?

ThoughtFox
06-08-2011, 12:54 AM
The latest news story in the Free Press mentions the girlfriend by name for the first time in the MSM, so we are out of rumor territory.

She also has hired a defense attorney.

Matthew Palmgren, co-worker terminated at BlueCross (http://timesfreepress.com/news/2011/jun/08/matthew-palmgren-co-worker-terminated-bluecross/)

"BlueCross also cited misuse of company equipment and inappropriate email use..."

Confirmed:
Name: Tammy Helton, manager of government product development for BlueCross
She was "let go for similar reasons"
Her defense attorney is named David Barrow
Her divorce was finalized in February
She now lives in Batesville, Mississippi

Before Gail Palmgren disappeared, she gave several hotel invoices to a friend. They show that Matthew Palmgren paid cash for hotel rooms locally at the Double Tree and Hampton Inn. Another hotel invoice places Matthew Palmgren at a hotel in Batesville, Miss., and shows that he also paid cash there

ThoughtFox
06-08-2011, 01:11 AM
OMG, so I looked at Batesville, MS, on the map and it is out in the middle of nowhere.

Look at the pictures on this Google map and you will see that this is about as rural and far off the beaten path as you can get.

http://maps.google.com/maps?rlz=1T4GGLL_enUS380&q=batesville+mississippi&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x88801caf9caf0009:0x24200468e3030b3a,Batesv ille,+MS&gl=us&ei=AgHvTaWBBuLu0gG-s83zDA&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CCAQ8gEwAA

I think it's clear from this why things seem to be moving slowly. This is a more widespread investigation than we first thought, and now we are talking about at least three states, maybe more.

I know the Batesville area somewhat because for years my husband used to attend family reunions in Grenada, MS, and it takes all day to drive there from Chattanooga. He would take some of our kids and his old father with him and it is quite far. Cossar State Park has a huge body of water - Enid Lake - and my kids used to swim there! Wow.

So for Gail to find a hotel receipt from there is really interesting because there's no other reason for him to go there that I can see - unless he called it a "fishing trip."

I can hardly believe there is a hotel there, except that fisherman and hunters might stay there.

I zoomed in on that map and there are three large lakes between Grenada and Batesville: Grenada Lake, Sardis Lake, and Enid Lake.

I have so many questions now!!! :waitasec:

What if Gail drove off that day to go to Mississippi to figure out where the other woman lived? What if something happened to her there? Have they contacted authorities there and searched her home? Was hubby in Mississippi during the time Gail was away or before he reported Gail missing, with the kids staying at his mother's?

I just hope they will eventually account for where this couple was during the time that Gail went missing.

fran
06-08-2011, 01:16 AM
It would be interesting to know if the neighbor who spotted the strange car in the neighborhood had gotten a license plate number?

Also, wonder what make/model the 'strange car' was?

Wonder when the LAST TIME the neighbor observed this 'strange car?'

Interesting that the fellow/now terminated employee of MP purchased a new car?

Yup!

Interesting developments the past day or so.

JMHO
fran

PS....I would imagine MP isn't exactly the outdoors type. You know? The type to go deep in the woods for ANYTHING. Nope, he'd most likely stick close to the roads, maybe unpaved a bit, but designated roads. fwiw.....

Wonder if Le has made any trips to any other states outside of Tn, besides AL?

brittbritt40
06-08-2011, 01:24 AM
The latest news story in the Free Press mentions the girlfriend by name for the first time in the MSM, so we are out of rumor territory.

She also has hired a defense attorney.

Matthew Palmgren, co-worker terminated at BlueCross (http://timesfreepress.com/news/2011/jun/08/matthew-palmgren-co-worker-terminated-bluecross/)

"BlueCross also cited misuse of company equipment and inappropriate email use..."

Confirmed:
Name: Tammy Helton, manager of government product development for BlueCross
She was "let go for similar reasons"
Her defense attorney is named David Barrow
Her divorce was finalized in February
She now lives in Batesville, Mississippi

Before Gail Palmgren disappeared, she gave several hotel invoices to a friend. They show that Matthew Palmgren paid cash for hotel rooms locally at the Double Tree and Hampton Inn. Another hotel invoice places Matthew Palmgren at a hotel in Batesville, Miss., and shows that he also paid cash there

The thing I found interesting is that why on earth would SHE need to seek out a defense attorney? Something is going on and I find it even more likely now that MP and possibly TH had something to do with Gail's disappearance.

SmoothOperator
06-08-2011, 01:30 AM
OMG, so I looked at Batesville, MS, on the map and it is out in the middle of nowhere.

Look at the pictures on this Google map and you will see that this is about as rural and far off the beaten path as you can get.

http://maps.google.com/maps?rlz=1T4GGLL_enUS380&q=batesville+mississippi&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x88801caf9caf0009:0x24200468e3030b3a,Batesv ille,+MS&gl=us&ei=AgHvTaWBBuLu0gG-s83zDA&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CCAQ8gEwAA

I think it's clear from this why things seem to be moving slowly. This is a more widespread investigation than we first thought, and now we are talking about at least three states, maybe more.

I know the Batesville area somewhat because for years my husband used to attend family reunions in Grenada, MS, and it takes all day to drive there from Chattanooga. He would take some of our kids and his old father with him and it is quite far. Cossar State Park has a huge body of water - Enid Lake - and my kids used to swim there! Wow.

So for Gail to find a hotel receipt from there is really interesting because there's no other reason for him to go there that I can see - unless he called it a "fishing trip."

I can hardly believe there is a hotel there, except that fisherman and hunters might stay there.

I zoomed in on that map and there are three large lakes between Grenada and Batesville: Grenada Lake, Sardis Lake, and Enid Lake.

I have so many questions now!!! :waitasec:

What if Gail drove off that day to go to Mississippi to figure out where the other woman lived? What if something happened to her there? Have they contacted authorities there and searched her home? Was hubby in Mississippi during the time Gail was away or before he reported Gail missing, with the kids staying at his mother's?

I just hope they will eventually account for where this couple was during the time that Gail went missing.

Batesville is literally 45 mins from me!! I'm in Memphis and since they now have our maj. I240 Interstate connect with 385 we take the hwy 72 exit and There's the teeny tiny town of Batesville that we go thru on our way to our lakehouse In Pickwick..

Literally a hop, skip and a jump from me..

SmoothOperator
06-08-2011, 01:36 AM
And in speaking of hotels in Batesville.. I kid you not that on our route to Pickwick on hwy 72 there is what is called the "Bates" motel.. I kid you not!!! My entire adult life we've kidded about the "Bates" motel when we pass it .. Of course from the old Psycho movies..

ETA: in Batesville I seriously doubt that u will find a "hotel" and I'd not be shocked to learn that we are talking such a teeny tiny country town that this Bates "motel" may very well likely be the only motel/hotel located in Batesville...

hollyblue
06-08-2011, 01:41 AM
And in speaking of hotels in Batesville.. I kid you not that on our route to Pickwick on hwy 72 there is what is called the "Bates" motel.. I kid you not!!! My entire adult life we've kidded about the "Bates" motel when we pass it .. Of course from the old Psycho movies

Like minds think alike...........:innocent:

Thoughtfox......I brought Batesville up on Google Maps too. The first thing I saw was Sardis? Lake. Have to find out how far and what routes to get Wetumpka. BRB.

ETA: It a pretty good drive.....but direct:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Batesville,+MS&daddr=Wetumpka,+AL&hl=en&geocode=FUqNCwIdP4-j-ikJAK-crxyAiDE6CwPjaAQgJA%3BFQGU8AEdt4Lc-inzoLas5iaMiDG9XIdklegQpg&gl=us&mra=ls&sll=34.317211,-89.951677&sspn=0.008223,0.01369&ie=UTF8&ll=33.468108,-88.077393&spn=4.215234,7.009277&t=h&z=7

hollyblue
06-08-2011, 01:45 AM
It would be interesting to know if the neighbor who spotted the strange car in the neighborhood had gotten a license plate number?

Yup!

Interesting developments the past day or so.

JMHO
fran

PS....I would imagine MP isn't exactly the outdoors type. You know? The type to go deep in the woods for ANYTHING. Nope, he'd most likely stick close to the roads, maybe unpaved a bit, but designated roads. fwiw.....

BBM

Maybe Gail wrote it down? She was writing license plates down...and MP knew it.

hollyblue
06-08-2011, 01:49 AM
Batesville is literally 45 mins from me!! I'm in Memphis and since they now have our maj. I240 Interstate connect with 385 we take the hwy 72 exit and There's the teeny tiny town of Batesville that we go thru on our way to our lakehouse In Pickwick..

Literally a hop, skip and a jump from me..

Gee, I wonder if Smooth is in for a little trip to gather info or pics? Te he. :seeya:

ThoughtFox
06-08-2011, 02:25 AM
And in speaking of hotels in Batesville.. I kid you not that on our route to Pickwick on hwy 72 there is what is called the "Bates" motel.. I kid you not!!! My entire adult life we've kidded about the "Bates" motel when we pass it .. Of course from the old Psycho movies..

ETA: in Batesville I seriously doubt that u will find a "hotel" and I'd not be shocked to learn that we are talking such a teeny tiny country town that this Bates "motel" may very well likely be the only motel/hotel located in Batesville...

I'm so glad you said that about the Bates Motel, because it certainly came to mind when I read this! :crazy:

But literally, all that water to search! And thousands of acres of farmland, pine trees, fields, and nothing but corn and cotton and soybeans, right? It's mind boggling to think of searching an area like that.

This makes the search especially difficult because we've got all of northern Alabama into Mississippi now. Incredible.

But see, I've been wondering if something happened to Gail away from her house, who would drive away in her Jeep in order to hide it somewhere? Would MP have to follow someone to give them a ride back from wherever the car/body was dumped? Well . . . I can't think of a better place to dump a car or body than rural northern MS. The girlfriend could just drive it back there with MP following her. If the kids stayed with Grandma, they could drive to MS and be back early the next day.

So this fits with my theory that perhaps the Jeep was driven away at night before Gail was reported missing. I think the police must be really suspicious to release all this information.

I hope they search all around her home, maybe within walking distance!

ThoughtFox
06-08-2011, 02:37 AM
Like minds think alike...........:innocent:

Thoughtfox......I brought Batesville up on Google Maps too. The first thing I saw was Sardis? Lake. Have to find out how far and what routes to get Wetumpka. BRB.

It's pretty simple. For Batesville from Chattanooga they would take I-59 through Birmingham, then northwest on 78 into northern MS.

To get to Wetumpka is the same route, only you take 65 south at Birmingham and go towards Montgomery.

Wetumpka is really far from Batesville, so I'm not sure what connection you are making there.

If someone had taken Gail's jeep to Mississippi, it would have nothing to do with Wetumpka.

hollyblue
06-08-2011, 02:41 AM
Well it made the national news. Same TFP article.

That company Email will get ya everytime.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43320450/ns/local_news-chattanooga_tn/

ThoughtFox
06-08-2011, 02:41 AM

Did any of them have Mississippi plates? :twocents:

Hmmm, I missed that detail. Who was it?

Still even if he stuck to the main roads, we are talking countless miles to search - incredible that this has spread now to another rural state full of lakes and trees.

I hope they've been to Batesville for sure. Something is not right about all this! I think the fact that she has a defense attorney means that the police are probably putting some pressure on this couple.

glorias
06-08-2011, 03:42 AM

Hmmm, I missed that detail. Who was it?

It was Tammy! It just got mentioned Tuesday in the new articles:

Can you believe it? I'm still just floored.

glorias
06-08-2011, 03:49 AM
I was just processing everything I learned this evening, and now there's more! On one hand, I am encouraged to hear LE commenting and to see it make national news, but on the other, I had sort of talked myself into thinking Gail had left on her own. Sadly, I really doubt that now.

Just to speculate for a second, but if we're looking at a situation where two upper middle class professional types without a criminal past might get charged with a major crime, and if one or both of those two knew anything about said crime, I think it's reasonable to expect one of them would tell everything they knew. Just in an effort to avoid even more serious consequences, if for no other reason.

ThoughtFox
06-08-2011, 03:49 AM
It was Tammy! It just got mentioned Tuesday in the new articles:

Can you believe it? I'm still just floored.

OMG - I didn't even catch that for some reason! How bizarre!

So she bought a new car in Pennsylvania just a week before Gail disappeared? I'm speechless now.

ThoughtFox
06-08-2011, 03:58 AM
Just to speculate for a second, but if we're looking at a situation where two upper middle class professional types without a criminal past might get charged with a major crime, and if one or both of those two knew anything about said crime, I think it's reasonable to expect one of them would tell everything they knew. Just in an effort to avoid even more serious consequences, if for no other reason.

I think it just depends on how arrogant they are. To feel a need to commit a crime like that in the first place, you have to have a pretty big ego. I think that was pretty apparent in the first few days of this case.

And people who put their own needs in front of everybody else usually think they can do no wrong, or that the ends justify the means.

They clearly thought they would get away with cheating on the job and sneaking away from conferences where BC/BS was footing the bill. So what else did they expect to get away with?

And my hubby and I were talking about this: would they have ever been in trouble at BC/BS if Gail hadn't gone missing? How long has the relationship been going on?

Maybe MP was a good liar at work. Maybe other people covered for him. Maybe BC/BS trusted him - they must have - so they never questioned his travel expenses. Most conferences don't have a pop quiz afterward, so he took a chance and sneaked away.

But I agree with Dr. Phil, who said again on yesterday's show that these guys need to man-up and get a divorce instead of running around on their wives and pretending at home. :twocents:

glorias
06-08-2011, 03:58 AM
Well it made the national news. Same TFP article.

That company Email will get ya everytime.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43320450/ns/local_news-chattanooga_tn/

Did anyone else notice this in the MSNBC article?

BlueCross sent Matthew Palmgren a letter Monday informing him he was fired, said Lee Davis, a defense attorney who is representing him.

So he has Bryan Hoss and Lee Davis defending him? Maybe this was mentioned before, so I hope I'm not repeating anything. But having two defense lawyers while your girlfriend has lawyered up with a third really points to just one scenario. :(

SmoothOperator
06-08-2011, 04:00 AM
I am gonna do a little digging around and see what I can find about possibly any specific about Batesville that have been mentioned or that would be relevant and I woukd certainly take the drive down and take photos..

Any/all suggestions of particular areas or places in amd around Batesville that you would be interested to actually have photos of and get actual visuals of these areas or places..

Open to Any suggestions any of you may have..

hollyblue
06-08-2011, 05:06 AM
I was just processing everything I learned this evening, and now there's more! On one hand, I am encouraged to hear LE commenting and to see it make national news, but on the other, I had sort of talked myself into thinking Gail had left on her own. Sadly, I really doubt that now.

I had talked myself into thinking GP had left on her own too....or trying very hard to.

One or other, IF, er involved had better be talking....quick. If they both decide to lawyer and hush up, then it will make LE's job that much harder; but if LE gets the break they need to put them behind bars and throw away the key- w/o their help...then mercy won't be the focus. Just look at CA. JMO

**I think TH's lawyer is a newbie and has only been in practice since 2007.

mominboots
06-08-2011, 07:02 AM
OMG - I didn't even catch that for some reason! How bizarre!

So she bought a new car in Pennsylvania just a week before Gail disappeared? I'm speechless now.

Just wondering where you got that she purchased the car in Pennsylvania? The connference was in Minnesota and I haven't seen Pennsylvannia referenced anywhere, just " another location."

Sorry, I just read the www.chattanoogan.com article over again and saw where it claims the conference was in Pennsylvannia. I believe this information is incorrect and that the conference was in Minneapolis to be exact.

fireflylink
06-08-2011, 07:15 AM

So he has Bryan Hoss and Lee Davis defending him? Maybe this was mentioned before, so I hope I'm not repeating anything. But having two defense lawyers while your girlfriend has lawyered up with a third really points to just one scenario. :(
I caught that too. Another atty? But, Davis and Hoss are not from seperate firms, they are partners and practice together. Interesting information on both Davis http://www.davis-hoss.com/lee-davis/ ,and Hoss http://www.davis-hoss.com/bryan-hoss/ After carefully reading both of their bios, and given the recent LE and media info, IMO my concern for Gail just pegged even more.

I would have to wonder also, when TH initially hired her atty? IMO, the earlier she hired him, the worse it could be for Gail...on the other hand, considering all of the info that has been clarified in the past two days, she would almost have to in order to protect herself...due to her close association with MP.

I am praying for the best for Gail and her children, but fearful of what else might come out in the near future. I am afraid the unknown seems so sad and ominous.

Oriah
06-08-2011, 08:56 AM
Sorry, I'm a little lost here, folks. Did the witness who saw Gail drive off in her Jeep (I realize it might not have been Gail)- but- somehow get discredited?
Not saying this is my opinion at all- but lets keep in mind that a LOT of people have affairs- and don't murder their spouses. JMHO.

If it was indeed Gail that left in the Jeep, then I find it very unlikely someone tracked her down to murder her. If she was not the one who left with the Jeep- then she is a LOT closer to home. Again- JMHO.

fbx
06-08-2011, 09:01 AM
I am gonna do a little digging around and see what I can find about possibly any specific about Batesville that have been mentioned or that would be relevant and I woukd certainly take the drive down and take photos..

Any/all suggestions of particular areas or places in amd around Batesville that you would be interested to actually have photos of and get actual visuals of these areas or places..

Open to Any suggestions any of you may have..

There's a new poster with the updated #'s on: http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Bring-Gail-Home-Now/210209109009469

couldn't hurt to post/hand out some fliers?

Oriah
06-08-2011, 09:04 AM
There's a new poster with the updated #'s on: http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Bring-Gail-Home-Now/210209109009469

I asked all the SAR people I know in the area (SE) to post flyers. They know where they should go- and how to do it. Maybe it'll help.

Oriah
06-08-2011, 09:11 AM

Sorrry for the long list- but you get the idea..... start with a 5 mile radious and work out from there- as many people we have on here- this can be done.

o Post flyers in:

§ Fast food restaurants

§ Restaurants

§ Post offices

§ Schools & School districts

§ Grocery stores

§ Banks

§ Drive up ATM’s

§ UPS & FedX

§ Utility companies

§ Morgues

§ Stores

§ Chamber of Commerce

§ Shopping centers

§ Service stations (every store if possible)

§ Truck stops

§ Hotels

§ Child related businesses

§ Hospitals

§ Doctor’s offices

§ Apartment complexes

§ Airports

§ Rental car agencies

§ Sporting events

§ Parks

§ Homeless shelters and community kitchens

§ Suicide prevention lines

§ Public transportation

§ Craigslist

§ Libraries, public and schools

§ Churches

§ City Govt buildings

§ Yahoo groups (via email)

§ Bike couriers

§ Meter readers

§ Phone companies/trucks

§ Cab companies

§ Universities

Pearl*
06-08-2011, 09:16 AM

I don't think this is significant at all, that Lee Davis and Bryan Hoss both are on the case to an extent. With them being partners, it could be as simple as Hoss being out of town. Especially with only two attorneys in the firm, they would be working as a team often.

Barrow doesn't have nearly as much experience or notoriety as Hoss and Davis. Makes me think MP isn't sharing his funds $$$$$ with TH.

Shelby1
06-08-2011, 09:32 AM
:maddening:

Ok, so the GF bought a new car in PA? Did I read that right?

almino
06-08-2011, 10:00 AM
The article says MP went to an "insurance conference" in Pennsylvania. When you google, the predominant conference that appears is the 2011 PA Insurance Fraud Conference. This was held in Hershey, PA April 25-26.

insurance confernce, pennsylvania april 2011 - Google Search

Columbo
06-08-2011, 10:08 AM
Life is good is a very popular wheel cover for Jeeps and it comes in many styles.

from jeep dealers.

http://www.allthingsjeep.com/liisgotico.html

That's what I figured. Thanks, Valleyboy.

believe09
06-08-2011, 10:21 AM
I want to add to Oriah' list-Liquor Stores. If we want to cover all scenarios, whose to say that someone who may have been involved in this didnt require a little artificial courage before and after?

Columbo
06-08-2011, 10:25 AM

Yes you did! from the article:
"Sources said he left the conference without attending any of the sessions and joined a female BlueCross employee at another location, then they drove back to Chattanooga together after she allegedly bought a car there."

I had the link for you but instead of copying, I accidentally cut it out.

believe09
06-08-2011, 10:30 AM
I know I am Chicken Little-but I want to mention that handing out flyers in areas that have been highlighted in MSM, including Mississippi, makes perfect sense. If this is an active criminal investigation, be cautious about taking photos, sleuthing out other vehicles etc. You may find yourself on the other end of a warrant or subpoena. We have it happen in virtually every high profile case here on WS.

As for the new info, like Oriah it doesnt mean that MP did a way with Gail, or that TH did away with Gail. It seems to support Gail knowing that there was something going on in her marriage. Any preparations she made regarding personal items certainly takes on more significance imo.

OldSteve
06-08-2011, 10:39 AM
I know I am Chicken Little-but I want to mention that handing out flyers in areas that have been highlighted in MSM, including Mississippi, makes perfect sense. If this is an active criminal investigation, be cautious about taking photos, sleuthing out other vehicles etc. You may find yourself on the other end of a warrant or subpoena. We have it happen in virtually every high profile case here on WS.

As for the new info, like Oriah it doesnt mean that MP did a way with Gail, or that TH did away with Gail. It seems to support Gail knowing that there was something going on in her marriage. Any preparations she made regarding personal items certainly takes on more significance imo.

BBM

OT, but please elaborate a bit about this - are sleuthers subpoenaed because they are doing something wrong, or because LE views their an interest in a case - thinking that those interested may be involved?

Oriah
06-08-2011, 11:04 AM
BBM

OT, but please elaborate a bit about this - are sleuthers subpoenaed because they are doing something wrong, or because LE views their an interest in a case - thinking that those interested may be involved?

I think (please correct if wrong) is that if someone goes out and starts taking pictures of, say,vehicles, then LE may decide to subpeona them because they want to know their interest in a case. If you have a suspicion, call it into LE and let them take it from there. It's ok to do it legally (say from a public roadway) but be prepared you may be issued a subpeona. Sleuthing on line is ok (although depending, you can get subpeonaed for that as well) just be aware that your actions are your own, and saying to a judge "Well I was doing it on behalf of WS" ain't gonna fly. Kwim?

We are all responsible for our actions.

Ozarka
06-08-2011, 11:31 AM
I have driven through Batesville, MS many times and it does have several decent hotels as it is located right on I-55.

Oriah
06-08-2011, 11:42 AM

I missed Mississippi somehow. Got a few contacts there too. Any specific areas?

ThoughtFox
06-08-2011, 12:13 PM
I missed Mississippi somehow. Got a few contacts there too. Any specific areas?

Look back at the last page of this thread. The girlfriend lives in Batesville, MS.

http://timesfreepress.com/news/2011/jun/08/matthew-palmgren-co-worker-terminated-bluecross/

ThoughtFox
06-08-2011, 12:14 PM
I have driven through Batesville, MS many times and it does have several decent hotels as it is located right on I-55.

Thanks, my husband told me the same thing this morning. ;)

hollyblue
06-08-2011, 12:35 PM

Wish we knew the make, model, year and color. Did she drive to PA and trade? Was this a second car............etc.....??

Surely MP had a round trip ticket and didn't utilize it. Wonder how much the expense report uncovered?

hollyblue
06-08-2011, 12:44 PM
Eyewitness News confirms, through his attorney, he was terminated Tuesday.
But Matthew Palmgren's attorney won't say why, only that it's not related to Gail's disappearance.

http://www.wrcbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=14865580

mominboots
06-08-2011, 01:20 PM
The article says MP went to an "insurance conference" in Pennsylvania. When you google, the predominant conference that appears is the 2011 PA Insurance Fraud Conference. This was held in Hershey, PA April 25-26.

insurance confernce, pennsylvania april 2011 - Google Search (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&biw=1003&bih=597&q=insurance+confernce%2C+pennsylvania+april+2011&aq=f&aqi=m1&aql=&oq=)

I can tell you 100% that the conference that MP was supposed to be attending was NOT in PA, but rather in Minnesota. I don't know where the chattanoogan.com got their information, but this is not correct. Now where they met and TH bought the car I have no idea.

believe09
06-08-2011, 01:30 PM
I can tell you 100% that the conference that MP was supposed to be attending was NOT in PA, but rather in Minnesota. I don't know where the chattanoogan.com got their information, but this is not correct. Now where they met and TH bought the car I have no idea.

Welcome to WS mominboots-respectfully, how do you know this?

happy409
06-08-2011, 01:47 PM
Eyewitness News confirms, through his attorney, he was terminated Tuesday.
But Matthew Palmgren's attorney won't say why, only that it's not related to Gail's disappearance.

http://www.wrcbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=14865580

BBM

That's a little misleading since it also mentions in this report,

BlueCross sent Matthew Palmgren a letter Monday informing him he was fired, said Lee Davis, a defense attorney who is representing him.

The letter, according to Davis, references the disappearance of Palmgren's wife, Gail.

"Obviously, it cites the investigation. We're not going to discuss the details at this point," Davis said.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43320450/ns/local_news-chattanooga_tn/t/palmgren-co-worker-terminated-bluecross/43318270

Then I read (someone and cannot locate) it also stated disruptions to the workplace. So it appears with multiple issues going on, they had good reason to fire him.

Wonder what's next??

hollyblue
06-08-2011, 02:10 PM
BBM

That's a little misleading since it also mentions in this report,

The letter, according to Davis, references the disappearance of Palmgren's wife, Gail.

"Obviously, it cites the investigation. We're not going to discuss the details at this point," Davis said.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43320450/ns/local_news-chattanooga_tn/t/palmgren-co-worker-terminated-bluecross/43318270

Then I read (someone and cannot locate) it also stated disruptions to the workplace. So it appears with multiple issues going on, they had good reason to fire him.

Wonder what's next??
I have no doubt they have found many reasons to fire him, but I don't believe BCBS would go out on a limb and say it is directly tied to GP's disappearance....especially since he hasn't been named a POI or suspect yet. Her disappearance may have lead to an internal investigation of MP, that led to his termination. I believe this was the context Davis and BCBS were referring to. KWIM?

I hope what's next is that they find GP. I have a feeling this is going to become more complex and twisted tho.

SmoothOperator
06-08-2011, 02:23 PM
Yep Batesville does indeed have as some said some "decent" hotels.. My observation and opinion was of A motel that we, personally knew of in passing.. I am not in any way whatsoever someone who claims to a Batesville know it all.. Just the opposite. AND ONLY KNOW as a town passed thru on many trips that take us in that direction..

That said i only purposed that I "could"..as in am near and can make the time needed available..if there was something, particular place, or area in and around Batesville that anyone was interested in seeing photos..
Up close visuals, etc of such places or areas.. And I only offered my ability to do so after someone had posted this suggestion knowing this was a close area for me living in Memphis..

I, too have similar questions as was mentioned upthread about a local(In this case that would be me in speaking of this MS area)offering to take photos would somehow end up on the other end of a subpoena, questioning by LE, etc??

I have long followed cases on Websleuths and in speaking of the vast majority of cases that have threads here on WS(both past and present) there nearly is a "local(s)" for most cases.. As well as sometimes literally 100s of photos taken by the local(s) uploaded to the thread for the viewing of anyone *to get a better visual of any areas, places of interest, etc..

And in knowing that I have not seen except for cases where someone IMO with poor judgement overstepped a clear boundary and interjected themselves in a case.. But that is extremely rare and as I said easily avoidable if someone used the slightest of common sense.. These locals who have gone out to various areas, sometimes on various occasions, taken tons of photos and then uploaded them for those of us who were not local.. I cannot tell you not only how much this has been appreciated but also insightful and a huge aid for those of us not from the area..

So, for those reasons I am extremely confused by the statements of ending up on the receiving end of a subpoena by my possibly going to take photos in the Batesville area..
And I just wanted to clarify my offer to make time available to go to this area in/and around Batesville to take photos of any particular "area", particular "places" or "places" in general, or of any of the terrains or bodies of water that have been discussed or is of interest to anyone here..not certain
Where any idea of photos being taken of ANY CARS OR VEHICLES in general and certainly not a vehicle belonging to someone in particular for me to be taking photos of.. I never stated nor even alluded to anything whatsoever and would never.. So that really added to my being confused with some things said upthread about this purposal of my offering to take photos..as I said earlier I only offered myself to be available after it was suggested if I could possibly do so...

I definitely saw it as a positive and could only help.. In no way did I see it as a negative or interjecting myself into a case.. Or harmful in any way to helping bring Gail home..*
And was shocked to see that it was viewed differently or negatively In some posts..

If there is no where or nothing anyone is Interested to view or see I certainly will not waste an afternoon snapping pix that are of no use.. I am fine to do or not to either way..

** thanks fbx to the link to updated Gail flyer I had some printed off this morning just in case I do take the short trip to Batesville.. As u said definitely cAnt hurt anything getting Gails face and details out there.. Thanks :)**

mayqueen
06-08-2011, 02:28 PM

Hmmm.

What's interesting is that when I Googled "minnesota blue cross blue shield conference april 2011", I got this:

http://www.bluecrossmn.com/bc/wcs/idcplg?IdcService=GET_DYNAMIC_CONVERSION&RevisionSelectionMethod=Latest&dDocName=POST71A_161090

EAGAN, Minn. (April 4, 2011) — The Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota Foundation has been named a gold award winner for excellence in communications by the national Council on Foundations 2011 Wilmer Shields Rich Awards Program. The program recognizes effective communications to increase public awareness of foundations and corporate giving programs.
The award will be presented during the Council on Foundations’ Annual Conference, April 10 – 12, 2011 in Philadelphia.

Council on Foundations’ Annual Conference: http://www.cof.org/events/conferences/2011Annual/index.cfm

Could this be the conference? It was more like 2 weeks before GP went missing though, rather than 1 week as mentioned in the article.

almino
06-08-2011, 03:07 PM
I saw that conference in Philadelphia, too. But I don't think that can be the case because it is a foundation conference and not an "insurance conference" as the newspapers have reported.

MominBoots must be more intimately acquainted with the family or someone who has something to do with the conference, ie registering people for the conference, or could be a coworker. She must have some relation to be so adamant.

JMO.

mayqueen
06-08-2011, 03:25 PM
I saw that conference in Philadelphia, too. But I don't think that can be the case because it is a foundation conference and not an "insurance conference" as the newspapers have reported.

MominBoots must be more intimately acquainted with the family or someone who has something to do with the conference, ie registering people for the conference, or could be a coworker. She must have some relation to be so adamant.

JMO.

BBM: true, and I did notice that and give it some thought. The fact that BCBS-MN was getting an award at a Philly conference just kinda struck me. As far as actual insurance conferences, I found a couple in MN during April geared towards agents/brokers/advisors - I guess I need to take another look at MP's resume to refresh myself on his job description...

I think it's important to find out where the conference was, because IF the newspaper story is true - IF the GF bought a car out of state during that conference - that's a big deal IMO and I'd like to know more.

hollyblue
06-08-2011, 03:38 PM
It may have been a conference just for BCBS and not listed on the web. ??

mayqueen
06-08-2011, 03:44 PM
It may have been a conference just for BCBS and not listed on the web. ??
I thought about that too, Holly - and if that's the case, then we may have to wait for more info from the media or other WSers closer to the Palmgrens.

Columbo
06-08-2011, 05:20 PM
Yep Batesville does indeed have as some said some "decent" hotels.. My observation and opinion was of A motel that we, personally knew of in passing.. I am not in any way whatsoever someone who claims to a Batesville know it all.. Just the opposite. AND ONLY KNOW as a town passed thru on many trips that take us in that direction..

That said i only purposed that I "could"..as in am near and can make the time needed available..if there was something, particular place, or area in and around Batesville that anyone was interested in seeing photos..
Up close visuals, etc of such places or areas.. And I only offered my ability to do so after someone had posted this suggestion knowing this was a close area for me living in Memphis..

I, too have similar questions as was mentioned upthread about a local(In this case that would be me in speaking of this MS area)offering to take photos would somehow end up on the other end of a subpoena, questioning by LE, etc??

I have long followed cases on Websleuths and in speaking of the vast majority of cases that have threads here on WS(both past and present) there nearly is a "local(s)" for most cases.. As well as sometimes literally 100s of photos taken by the local(s) uploaded to the thread for the viewing of anyone *to get a better visual of any areas, places of interest, etc..

And in knowing that I have not seen except for cases where someone IMO with poor judgement overstepped a clear boundary and interjected themselves in a case.. But that is extremely rare and as I said easily avoidable if someone used the slightest of common sense.. These locals who have gone out to various areas, sometimes on various occasions, taken tons of photos and then uploaded them for those of us who were not local.. I cannot tell you not only how much this has been appreciated but also insightful and a huge aid for those of us not from the area..

So, for those reasons I am extremely confused by the statements of ending up on the receiving end of a subpoena by my possibly going to take photos in the Batesville area..
And I just wanted to clarify my offer to make time available to go to this area in/and around Batesville to take photos of any particular "area", particular "places" or "places" in general, or of any of the terrains or bodies of water that have been discussed or is of interest to anyone here..not certain
Where any idea of photos being taken of ANY CARS OR VEHICLES in general and certainly not a vehicle belonging to someone in particular for me to be taking photos of.. I never stated nor even alluded to anything whatsoever and would never.. So that really added to my being confused with some things said upthread about this purposal of my offering to take photos..as I said earlier I only offered myself to be available after it was suggested if I could possibly do so...

I definitely saw it as a positive and could only help.. In no way did I see it as a negative or interjecting myself into a case.. Or harmful in any way to helping bring Gail home..*
And was shocked to see that it was viewed differently or negatively In some posts..

If there is no where or nothing anyone is Interested to view or see I certainly will not waste an afternoon snapping pix that are of no use.. I am fine to do or not to either way..

** thanks fbx to the link to updated Gail flyer I had some printed off this morning just in case I do take the short trip to Batesville.. As u said definitely cAnt hurt anything getting Gails face and details out there.. Thanks :)**

I sensed that the advice given about potential subpoenas, etc, was given out of caring and wanting you to be careful. Was it believe09 who posted it? She said she was overly fearful about stuff like this (i'm paraphrasing). You might be misinterpreting her post...unless I'm misinterpreting your post! LOL

Actually I don't see how just taking a few pictures could cause any trouble if you acted like a tourist...just don't trespass, etc. Does that make sense?

For example, when Hasanni Campbell went missing, I went to Oakland, CA and took pictures around the shoe store parking lot where he allegedly was kidnapped from and posted them here. No problem.

glorias
06-08-2011, 05:50 PM
Hmm. That Minnesota-Pennsylvania confusion about the insurance conference is really odd. Those aren't states that people readily get confused and, even though there have been a few errors in the news articles, they've never been that big as far as I know. Do you think TH and MP were supposed to be in Minnesota and ended up all the way in Pennsylvania while playing hooky?

Columbo
06-08-2011, 05:53 PM
Hmm. That Minnesota-Pennsylvania confusion about the insurance conference is really odd. Those aren't states that people readily get confused and, even though there have been a few errors in the news articles, they've never been that big as far as I know. Do you think TH and MP were supposed to be in Minnesota and ended up all the way in Pennsylvania while playing hooky?

I agree, I don't understand this at all. I know we've seen some shabby reporting but you sort of learn how to weed out the erroneous stuff. I wonder how mominboots knows the conference was in MN?

ThoughtFox
06-08-2011, 05:56 PM
It's a free country and no one can get a subpoena for driving down a highway paid for by taxpayer money.

If someone wants to drive to Batesville and take some pictures, I would personally love to see them! So go for it, SmoothOperator!

Pollywog
06-08-2011, 05:59 PM
There are at least 6 hotels in the batesville MS area according to trip advisor.Would seem strange that the GF lives there and he stayed in a hotel there.

mayqueen
06-08-2011, 06:05 PM
There are at least 6 hotels in the batesville MS area according to trip advisor.Would seem strange that the GF lives there and he stayed in a hotel there.

I thought that was odd, too. I don't know much about the GF - perhaps she has children who live with her and she wasn't comfortable with MP staying the night?

Valleyboy
06-08-2011, 06:06 PM

Maybe she has a husband who wouldn't approve of her bringing him home.

glorias
06-08-2011, 06:07 PM
If the receipts were from before her divorce which was finalized in February IIRC, then it would make sense that they would be in a hotel. Do we know when she moved there? The Chattanoogan article yesterday and the Times Free Press article today (link (http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2011/jun/08/matthew-palmgren-co-worker-terminated-bluecross/?print)) say she has a "new home" in Batesville. Maybe they just visited there for getaways and then she decided to move there.

mayqueen
06-08-2011, 06:28 PM
If the receipts were from before her divorce which was finalized in February IIRC, then it would make sense that they would be in a hotel. Do we know when she moved there? The Chattanoogan article yesterday and the Times Free Press article today (link (http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2011/jun/08/matthew-palmgren-co-worker-terminated-bluecross/?print)) say she has a "new home" in Batesville. Maybe they just visited there for getaways and then she decided to move there.

The way it was phrased in the article - "...divorce was finalized in February, and she has a new home in Batesville, Miss., sources said." - made me think that she moved there after she got divorced, which would mean no husband in the house to object to a sleepover. (But kids are another matter - I don't have kids, but know a lot of divorced moms who wouldn't let their boyfriends sleep over - ESPECIALLY if the BF was still married.)

BUT - as you mentioned, I don't think we know when she actually moved there. And we don't know when the receipt was from. They could've been going on getaways there, and/or, they could've been scouting the location for her impending move*. When I move to a new city I always make a couple of trips in advance to get a feeling for the area.

*ETA What I mean is, maybe she was already planning on moving there, and so she and MP went there to check it out. Or it could be as you said, that they went on a "getaway" there, and she liked it and decided it would be a good place to "start fresh" after her divorce became final. Without knowing the date of the hotel receipt and the date she moved there however, we can only speculate.

Julessleuther
06-08-2011, 06:43 PM
Hi everyone, I have been following along, but had not commented yet. I have been looking into TH a little bit. There is a TH that worked in Knoxville, TN as a family support specialist (according to Linked In) I do not know if this is the same TH, but the TN connection was interesting. I really think this was her.

There are several TH's in Tennessee, some with middle initial A, some with middle S and one with middle initial W. Anyone know her middle name and/or age? Also, if she worked at BC/BS TN until this week, how was she able to live in Batesville, MS? Did she work remotely?

ThoughtFox
06-08-2011, 06:53 PM
I think this is about TH:

http://www.lead411.com/Tammy_Helton_7725049.html

Go down to "references" and there are links to a MySpace and some interesting stuff. I'm not sure if we're supposed to link those here.

There's a link to an article about a program for Seniors through BC/BS and she is quoted:
http://www.healthynewspaper.com/news/fit-healthy/medicare-muscle

I actually found this weeks ago when her name was posted in a comment on the Times Free-Press.

Julessleuther
06-08-2011, 07:12 PM
I think you are right, but no middle initial.

Go down to "references" and there are links to a MySpace and some interesting stuff. I'm not sure if we're supposed to link those here.

There's a link to an article about a program for Seniors through BC/BS and she is quoted:

I actually found this weeks ago when her name was posted in a comment on the Times Free-Press.

Columbo
06-08-2011, 07:18 PM

Thanks for the links, ThoughtFox. I'm glad this person is no longer a manager at BCBS. I'm wondering how she got hired in the first place.

Columbo
06-08-2011, 07:42 PM
I'm not familiar with Batesville, MS, or Tennessee at all so I just looked at a map, and omg, there's a huge lake, Sardis Lake and forests all around Batesville. Plenty of places to hide things if you know what I mean...not sure I should be specific at this point in time.

Wouldn't MP have had to leave his kids with someone if he and TH took off for Batesville? It looks like a fairly long drive from Chattanooga to Batesville. just checked the miles and it's either 325 or 355 miles depending on which route you take: US278 w or I-59s. http://maps.google.com/maps?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&hl=en&tab=wl

Also, I don't understand why TH would move to Batesville if she worked in Chattanooga. Of course...that is now a non-issue.

hollyblue
06-08-2011, 09:01 PM
I found this earlier too.

Tammy Helton. Personality Type Reflection. My personality type using Kiersey is teacher, idealist. The printout almost perfectly described me. I agree with the category I was placed in. I am an extrovert and I believe in honoring the commitments that I make. Also, I like to have things settled

http://www.lead411.com/people/p-3-24-45-16.html

I don't know why we can't really find anything on her, unless she has cleaned up the web a little. Maybe she took her maiden name back? I'm thinking either she has relatives or maybe a good friend in Batesville. I don't think she actually moved there until she was put on leave from BCBS...knowing what they would find in their investigation...she chose to get of Dodge. If it's only a short drive to Memphis, then employment there could be an option. Prolly cheaper in Batesville to live and commute. ???

I did find one TH in Cleveland, TN which could have been a short drive to Chattanooga....37 miles. If she was divorced, took her maiden name, and moved all since February, then not much will show up until after 12/31 in searches.

Also found one listed in Olive Branch, MS----but 45, and has been married at least 4 times. Just don't get the feeling it's her.

JMO.....again not saying any of these are her.

hollyblue
06-08-2011, 09:04 PM
I really would like to throw around the question of WHY did he kept those receipts? I find it very interesting. I truly can't believe he was that stoooopid. So?

Julessleuther
06-08-2011, 09:08 PM
The Myspace page is for a TH in Germany, so this is not her.

Thanks for the links, ThoughtFox. I'm glad this person is no longer a manager at BCBS. I'm wondering how she got hired in the first place.

mominboots
06-08-2011, 09:20 PM
I agree, I don't understand this at all. I know we've seen some shabby reporting but you sort of learn how to weed out the erroneous stuff. I wonder how mominboots knows the conference was in MN?

Sorry, I have been away from the computer all day. My husband is also a managed care pharmacist and knows MP professionally. The conference in Minnesota was the Assioation of Managed Care Pharmacists, or AMCP. I am sure if you googled it you would find information on it, even though I haven't looked.

glorias
06-08-2011, 09:25 PM
Like ThoughtFox, I looked the name Tammy Helton up when it first appeared, and found this which made me think the rumor (which is what it was at the time) might be true:

http://www.bcbs.com/news/plans/bluecross-offers-free-fitness-program-to-medicare-members.html

“Seniors recognize the importance of fitness in maintaining and improving their quality of life,” said Tammy Helton, manager of government product development for BlueCross.

If she was a spokesperson for BCBS about these exercise/health programs and the of manager of product development, she must have been relatively high up in the company.

Today when I did a similar search on Google for the name, news articles about Gail were what came up first. Her life sure has changed in the last few weeks. Did she know this was coming or was she blindsided by circumstances out of her control? I suspect we're going to find out soon.

glorias
06-08-2011, 09:27 PM
Sorry, I have been away from the computer all day. My husband is also a managed care pharmacist and knows MP professionally. The conference in Minnesota was the Assioation of Managed Care Pharmacists, or AMCP. I am sure if you googled it you would find information on it, even though I haven't looked.

Thank you so much for that info! That date fits perfectly:

http://www.wolterskluwer.com/Press/Calendar/Pages/amcp2011.aspx

It was held April 27 through 29.

Wow. It was over on the 29th, the day the last 911 call happened. So I guess that was the day MP came home after driving back from Chattanooga (and other places) with TH after she had bought a new car.

Is there a smiley for falling over stunned? I need that.

Valleyboy
06-08-2011, 09:30 PM
I really would like to throw around the question of WHY did he kept those receipts? I find it very interesting. I truly can't believe he was that stoooopid. So?

Probably was going to try to claim them on an expense account or for his income tax return..

hollyblue
06-08-2011, 09:49 PM

This was on 4/27-4/29. MP couldn't have been there---he was busy down at the SM police station. Do you have a date for the conference your husband attended? TIA

PDF/Adobe Acrobat - Quick View (http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:7Gy0tOX42ZkJ:www.amcp.org/conferences/2011/minne/prelim_program_low%2520res1.pdf+amcp,+conference,+ 2011,+minnesota&hl=en&gl=us&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEESjQZCOfXx4FqjJ-KReEimuwmdx02InJ6-ugi3kLfLXfaeTEPhxPALeNch3k1D1zbiAskXetymt81zpMs6L-_0AospAr_BRVwMlY0pbE1bNoCE8Cw2VkI7N7og80f36KzA_Sr7 HY&sig=AHIEtbT9QciOcoACGSxJ6NGuosYgLpRmUQ)

AMCP'S 23rD ANNuAL MEETING & SHoWCASE ∎ APRIL 27–29, 2011. MInnEAPOLIS ...
www.amcp.org/conferences/2011/minne/prelim_program_low%20res1.pdf

glorias
06-08-2011, 09:50 PM
Maybe he came home early because he wasn't really at the conference, thinking Gail would never find out, but she did. That might very well lead to a little problem that ended up at the local police station.

Total speculation: Maybe he expected to use the meeting as an alibi later on, but then BCBS found out he wasn't at the meeting at all. Maybe he needed an alibi just like TH needed a new car.

JBean
06-08-2011, 09:55 PM
HI All:
Please do not sleuth Tammy on the board just yet. There are lots of Tammy Helton's out there and so we can really drive traffic and problems to the wrong person. Bad information can be carried all over.
Additionally, lets wait for more information to be revealed before we start pointing too many fingers at Tammy. She is clearly an adulterer, but that's not a crime at this point.

sigh, seems like I post that an awful lot througout these missing women cases KWIM?

Thanks all.

JBean
06-08-2011, 09:58 PM
snipped.

Is there a smiley for falling over stunned? I need that.

glorias
06-08-2011, 10:05 PM

That's the one! Thanks!

Seriously, if MP was thought to be at a conference on April 29th -- or at least supposed to be at that conference -- but was at home getting into an altercation of some sort that ended up at the police station, that is IMHO huge.

hollyblue
06-08-2011, 10:05 PM
Probably was going to try to claim them on an expense account or for his income tax return..

They would catch it on his expense a/c----big red flag---wouldn't fly....especially since he paid cash.

Yup, could be tax deduction, but a little stupid, imo to keep it around where GP could find it. He could have kept it in a file at his office til tax time. I'm sure he accumulated many. lol.

I'm wondering if these were after Feb --if he could have wanted GP to find them. GP gets upset....MP tells gf they have to call it off because he's getting pressure from her now, but it went bad. IDK. Just something I'm throwing around in my head.

Maybe thinking with his "little head" effected his mentality? :loser:

fbx
06-08-2011, 10:09 PM
I found this earlier too.

Tammy Helton. Personality Type Reflection. My personality type using Kiersey is teacher, idealist. The printout almost perfectly described me. I agree with the category I was placed in. I am an extrovert and I believe in honoring the commitments that I make. Also, I like to have things settled

http://www.lead411.com/people/p-3-24-45-16.html

I don't know why we can't really find anything on her, unless she has cleaned up the web a little. Maybe she took her maiden name back? I'm thinking either she has relatives or maybe a good friend in Batesville. I don't think she actually moved there until she was put on leave from BCBS...knowing what they would find in their investigation...she chose to get of Dodge. If it's only a short drive to Memphis, then employment there could be an option. Prolly cheaper in Batesville to live and commute. ???

I did find one TH in Cleveland, TN which could have been a short drive to Chattanooga....37 miles. If she was divorced, took her maiden name, and moved all since February, then not much will show up until after 12/31 in searches.

Also found one listed in Olive Branch, MS----but 45, and has been married at least 4 times. Just don't get the feeling it's her.

JMO.....again not saying any of these are her.

Cleveland TN. would merit a closer look
I absolutely DON'T mean that literally.

glorias
06-08-2011, 10:17 PM
I'm wondering if these were after Feb --if he could have wanted GP to find them. GP gets upset....MP tells gf they have to call it off because he's getting pressure from her now, but it went bad. IDK. Just something I'm throwing around in my head.

That is a really good point. What a great excuse, "Sorry babe, the wife found the receipts..."

Also, I suppose it's possible that a girlfriend would want the wife to find the receipts, too, but I don't know if she ever would have been in the right locations to "plant" the receipts for Gail to find them.

fbx
06-08-2011, 10:24 PM

He was stupid enough to blow off a whole conference, so I'd say he's not been functioning on 100% of his reasoning power.

I remember one conference which was so tedious on one day that several colleagues and I skipped the last 2hr session. It was in Memphis, and so we went to Graceland to tour all the outside stuff, and spent the whole time not enjoying ourselves, feeling guilty, and moaning and groaning about how guilty we felt and wishing we'd stayed...then we forgot the time change and missed our flight home!!!!!!
Point being....doing stuff you shouldn't on company time is a huge moral issue for most of us, let alone ethical....so this is a huge insight into Matthews state of mind and personal values. Not sure exactly what it means except that in light of this info, decisions that make no logical sense might be the norm at present.....

Columbo
06-08-2011, 10:33 PM
They would catch it on his expense a/c----big red flag---wouldn't fly....especially since he paid cash.

Yup, could be tax deduction, but a little stupid, imo to keep it around where GP could find it. He could have kept it in a file at his office til tax time. I'm sure he accumulated many. lol.

Maybe thinking with his "little head" effected his mentality? :loser:

bolded by me.

No doubt!!!

I think that leaving the receipts where his wife could find them was one of those "accidentally on purpose" kinds of things. Would it be called passive aggressive? (I'm not sure, I'm not a psychiatrist!) Just leave these telltale little receipts around and maybe my wife will realize I don't want to be in this marriage and let me out ? Or else it was another attempt to "gaslight" her, make her go crazy so he could say she was mentally unstable.

hollyblue
06-08-2011, 10:36 PM
Maybe he came home early because he wasn't really at the conference, thinking Gail would never find out, but she did. That might very well lead to a little problem that ended up at the local police station.

Total speculation: Maybe he expected to use the meeting as an alibi later on, but then BCBS found out he wasn't at the meeting at all. Maybe he needed an alibi just like TH needed a new car.

Hmmmm. You could be on to something glorias. Let me think on this a bit. I'd really like to see a correction in MSM for the conference location. MN vs PA. BUT, if they didn't attend the conference in MN, but went to the Philly area instead for the car, then...............??? ETA: Like to edit that expense report!!!!!!

OT: Please say a prayer for the victims and firefighters in AZ. I'm in NM.....200 miles away and the smoke is gagging here. I still have my AC on and the smoke is still seeping in the house. Unreal. I can't imagine what it is like there.

MacGyver
06-08-2011, 10:49 PM
Is there a smiley for falling over stunned? I need that. :thud:

hollyblue
06-08-2011, 10:57 PM
He was stupid enough to blow off a whole conference, so I'd say he's not been functioning on 100% of his reasoning power.

I remember one conference which was so tedious on one day that several colleagues and I skipped the last 2hr session. It was in Memphis, and so we went to Graceland to tour all the outside stuff, and spent the whole time not enjoying ourselves, feeling guilty, and moaning and groaning about how guilty we felt and wishing we'd stayed...then we forgot the time change and missed our flight home!!!!!!
Point being....doing stuff you shouldn't on company time is a huge moral issue for most of us, let alone ethical....so this is a huge insight into Matthews state of mind and personal values. Not sure exactly what it means except that in light of this info, decisions that make no logical sense might be the norm at present.....

LOL, that's funny fbx. Did you hit Beale St and any of the local juke joints too to forget the time? :floorlaugh: If it was 2/3 day conference, I'll let you slide for skipping the last two hours. I'm sure missing your flight was penalty enough. Actually, I'm sure many do.....:innocent:. But, your right, his not attending ANY of the sessions (especially if turns out that mom is right and the media is wrong) does show a huge insight into his mind....and then GP had the mental issues. ????:furious:

I'm getting the picture of quite a manipulator and user, imo. Did GP afford him the luxury of continuing his education while she was working? That's why I ask where he worked prior to 2002. Gail was working from 1996....their marriage. ?? I have a name for the kind of women these men like: Mammawife. It's not a degregation on GP or any other woman, but the expectations of the hubby.

fbx
06-08-2011, 11:06 PM
That's the one! Thanks!

Seriously, if MP was thought to be at a conference on April 29th -- or at least supposed to be at that conference -- but was at home getting into an altercation of some sort that ended up at the police station, that is IMHO huge.

We know Gail was in Alabama by 6:15 pm on Friday...so the altercation was over by 3pm and likely started earlier.

I'm having trouble with the 3 day conference in Minesota...Leave on 26th, buy car on 27th, drive back in 1 day and a bit...???

Hypothesis:

Unless he never actually went to Minnesota and flew instead to Pennsylvania, changing his tix for a fee beforehand. If the conference was in Minnesota, but he actually flew to Pennsylvannia then BCBS may have seen a red flag right there, and it also explains the Media confusion over Pennsylvannia (they assumed the conference was in the town he flew to).
Arriving home early on the 29th could have been the trigger for the altercation, and maybe Gail's PI had already determined that he was not at the conference?

I'm wondering:
How on earth would BCBS know Matt went and bought a car with TH instead of being where he aught to be?? How would they know he wasn't holed up in an hotel room throwing up? Why didn't he set up some kind of cover for not being there? But maybe he did, and anticipated the "flight change" would remain under the BCBS radar?

How anyone discovered that he went with TH to buy a car with her in another state and drive it back amazes me, and I feel we need to eat any words directed at the ineptness of the police depts working this case??!

Then there's this...drive it back to TN or MS?? The house in Batesville must surely be very newly aquired?

:maddening::banghead:

It takes about 12 hrs to drive from Erie to Signal Mountain, so depending where in Pennsylvannia, this timeline makes more sense than Minnesota.

hollyblue
06-08-2011, 11:16 PM
I'm betting there was no expense report submitted for the conference if he ended up in PA rather than MN. Another gottcha.....for BCBS and LE.

fbx
06-08-2011, 11:25 PM
LOL, that's funny fbx. Did you hit Beale St and any of the local juke joints too to forget the time? :floorlaugh: If it was 2/3 day conference, I'll let you slide for skipping the last two hours. I'm sure missing your flight was penalty enough. Actually, I'm sure many do.....:innocent:. But, your right, his not attending ANY of the sessions (especially if turns out that mom is right and the media is wrong) does show a huge insight into his mind....and then GP had the mental issues. ????:furious:

I'm getting the picture of quite a manipulator and user, imo. Did GP afford him the luxury of continuing his education while she was working? That's why I ask where he worked prior to 2002. Gail was working from 1996....their marriage. ?? I have a name for the kind of women these men like: Mammawife. It's not a degregation on GP or any other woman, but the expectations of the hubby.

3 long days....and 3 flight changes to get home (that's when we imbibed a little!)

Gail was enjoying being at home, and was under pressure to return to work. Is that what you mean by mammawife?

FUNNYGIRL101
06-08-2011, 11:31 PM
I am wondering if the family has indicated anywhere that she was suffering from depression etc ?? and whether or not it has been confirmed that she has 'disappeared' before?
*bolded / emphasis added
http://www.examiner.com/missing-persons-in-national/gail-palmgren-missing-husband-files-for-custody-of-kids

Gail Palmgren has been missing since April 30, from Signal Mountain, Tennessee, and her husband is seeking temporary custody of their two children and the exclusive use of the home they shared together.

A Chancery Court judge will rule on the paperwork that Matthew Palmgren, 40, filed in court on May 6, on Friday regarding a legal separation. Matthew, who is the director of pharmacy programs for BlueCross BlueShield, stated in court documents that his wife was unstable and was suffering from severe mental illness after she lost her job at Novartis Pharmaceuticals in June 2010. He also stated that she was writing down license plate numbers to identify drivers that she thought were following her. He also stated that ID numbers for three bank accounts containing about $420,000 had been changed by his wife and she had put in a change of address.

According to Signal Mountain Police Dept. reports, Matthew reported her missing on May 2, ONLY after his family urged him to do so.

Back on April 22 and April 29, police came to their home on Ridge-rock Drive to respond to a call of arguing. During the second response on April 29, the police gave Gail the phone number of a safe house. She left with the kids to stay at the Lake House in Alabama.

According to Matthew, on April 30th, Gail left their kids home alone and disappeared. Matthew told the local news outlets that she removed $30,000 worth of valuable possessions from their home before her disappearance.

Gail is 5'8" tall, 135 pounds, blonde hair and brown eyes.

Her vehicle is a 2010 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, Dark Red and Black Soft Top. Alabama Personalized Reg: EAZY ST

If you have any information you can contact the Signal Mountain Police Dept at 423-886-2124.

Continue reading on Examiner.com Gail Palmgren: Missing, husband files for custody of kids - National missing persons | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/missing-persons-in-national/gail-palmgren-missing-husband-files-for-custody-of-kids#ixzz1Ol0shxRL

hollyblue
06-08-2011, 11:33 PM
We know Gail was in Alabama by 6:15 pm on Friday...so the altercation was over by 3pm and likely started earlier.

I'm having trouble with the 3 day conference in Minesota...Leave on 26th, buy car on 27th, drive back in 1 day and a bit...???

Hypothesis:

Unless he never actually went to Minnesota and flew instead to Pennsylvania, changing his tix for a fee beforehand. If the conference was in Minnesota, but he actually flew to Pennsylvannia then BCBS may have seen a red flag right there, and it also explains the Media confusion over Pennsylvannia (they assumed the conference was in the town he flew to).
Arriving home early on the 29th could have been the trigger for the altercation, and maybe Gail's PI had already determined that he was not at the conference?

I'm wondering:
How on earth would BCBS know Matt went and bought a car with TH instead of being where he aught to be?? How would they know he wasn't holed up in an hotel room throwing up? Why didn't he set up some kind of cover for not being there? But maybe he did, and anticipated the "flight change" would remain under the BCBS radar?

How anyone discovered that he went with TH to buy a car with her in another state and drive it back amazes me, and I feel we need to eat any words directed at the ineptness of the police depts working this case??!

Then there's this...drive it back to TN or MS?? The house in Batesville must surely be very newly aquired?

:maddening::banghead:

It takes about 12 hrs to drive from Erie to Signal Mountain, so depending where in Pennsylvannia, this timeline makes more sense than Minnesota.

BBM:

It takes about 5 hours to drive from the Philly area to Chattanooga. I don't think he turned in a exp rpt....or had the receipts to. When LE went to BCBS they uncovered that info.

As far as the car, maybe they back tracked. Saw that TH had a new vehicle...ran a check and discovered the new purchase or just saw the registration info on the window...however they would have handled it. ?? They call the dealership or seller and discover Matt accompanied her during the purchase.

IMO

fbx
06-08-2011, 11:37 PM
I'm betting there was no expense report submitted for the conference if he ended up in PA rather than MN. Another gottcha.....for BCBS and LE.

How do expense rpts work these days with regard to e-tix? The original reciept may be what they need or large companies may book tix for you. Paying the change fee out of pocket may seem transparent with regard to an expense report, if a reciept for the original tix was given. If the company arranged the travel, the change might bounce back to them though...

Hotel bills are something else...

Not submitting a report is just as bad...

There is as much reason involved in skipping the conference as in leaving the hotel bills around...but Gail may have searched out the hotel bills because we don't know the details around how she came to find them.

hollyblue
06-08-2011, 11:45 PM
3 long days....and 3 flight changes to get home (that's when we imbibed a little!)

Gail was enjoying being at home, and was under pressure to return to work. Is that what you mean by mammawife?

You will remember Memphis!!

A mammawife, is a wife who is expected to take care of her man, put him first--always, be queen to his kingdom, and NOT ask questions of him....what he does, where he goes, or who he's boinking. Someone mentioned that Matt is younger awhiile back and I ask if the person was implying that Matt had a mama complex. They said "no".... (later banned) I've seen this in so many cases where the wife disappears. They support the man to the hilt...to the end...and many times were the ones who helped them financially/business wise to put them where they were. Seems from what we have seen, her support was waning and we now see his true "intelligence" come thru. JMO

fbx
06-08-2011, 11:45 PM
BBM:

It takes about 5 hours to drive from the Philly area to Chattanooga. I don't think he turned in a exp rpt....or had the receipts to. When LE went to BCBS they uncovered that info.

As far as the car, maybe they back tracked. Saw that TH had a new vehicle...ran a check and discovered the new purchase or just saw the registration info on the window...however they would have handled it. ?? They call the dealership or seller and discover Matt accompanied her during the purchase.

IMO

Yes, something along those lines I'm sure...very cool...and it's so very satisfying to see that the police have been working during their silence...thought they must have been, but silence is unsettling and worrisome!

hollyblue
06-08-2011, 11:56 PM
How do expense rpts work these days with regard to e-tix? The original reciept may be what they need or large companies may book tix for you. Paying the change fee out of pocket may seem transparent with regard to an expense report, if a reciept for the original tix was given. If the company arranged the travel, the change might bounce back to them though...

Hotel bills are something else...

Not submitting a report is just as bad...

There is as much reason involved in skipping the conference as in leaving the hotel bills around...but Gail may have searched out the hotel bills because we don't know the details around how she came to find them.

Really not sure fbx about e-tix and expense reports....it's been a loooooong time since I edited and approved them. But would think he could slip under the radar with a change fee.....but not the rest of the trip. Hotel bills, dining receipts, cab or rental car paper work, entertainment, etc would be needed.

ETA: Unless he had to turn in the original ticket at the airport?

fbx
06-08-2011, 11:58 PM
I am wondering if the family has indicated anywhere that she was suffering from depression etc ?? and whether or not it has been confirmed that she has 'disappeared' before?
*bolded / emphasis added
http://www.examiner.com/missing-persons-in-national/gail-palmgren-missing-husband-files-for-custody-of-kids

Gail Palmgren has been missing since April 30, from Signal Mountain, Tennessee, and her husband is seeking temporary custody of their two children and the exclusive use of the home they shared together.

A Chancery Court judge will rule on the paperwork that Matthew Palmgren, 40, filed in court on May 6, on Friday regarding a legal separation. Matthew, who is the director of pharmacy programs for BlueCross BlueShield, stated in court documents that his wife was unstable and was suffering from severe mental illness after she lost her job at Novartis Pharmaceuticals in June 2010. He also stated that she was writing down license plate numbers to identify drivers that she thought were following her. He also stated that ID numbers for three bank accounts containing about $420,000 had been changed by his wife and she had put in a change of address.

According to Signal Mountain Police Dept. reports, Matthew reported her missing on May 2, ONLY after his family urged him to do so.

Back on April 22 and April 29, police came to their home on Ridge-rock Drive to respond to a call of arguing. During the second response on April 29, the police gave Gail the phone number of a safe house. She left with the kids to stay at the Lake House in Alabama.

According to Matthew, on April 30th, Gail left their kids home alone and disappeared. Matthew told the local news outlets that she removed $30,000 worth of valuable possessions from their home before her disappearance.

Gail is 5'8" tall, 135 pounds, blonde hair and brown eyes.

Her vehicle is a 2010 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, Dark Red and Black Soft Top. Alabama Personalized Reg: EAZY ST

If you have any information you can contact the Signal Mountain Police Dept at 423-886-2124.

Continue reading on Examiner.com Gail Palmgren: Missing, husband files for custody of kids - National missing persons | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/missing-persons-in-national/gail-palmgren-missing-husband-files-for-custody-of-kids#ixzz1Ol0shxRL

The family say she is in good health.
Leaving before, meant taking off to the lake house and keeping in phone contact with the kids. Not disappearing.
There are Quotes somewhere frome Diane and SB about this, but I don't know how to reference them!

Matt is 4 yrs younger than gail...1971/1967

brittbritt40
06-09-2011, 12:21 AM
BBM:

IMO

Do you mean 5 hours to Batesville?? Because to drive from Chattanooga to Philly is about a 12 hour drive.

hollyblue
06-09-2011, 12:26 AM
My bad on the time of the drive. I was thinking approx 500 miles. ( Philly to Blowing Rock, NC ) That drive is approx 8 hours. Here's map from Hershey, PA (right outside of Philly) to Chattanooga. Sorry about that! (redfaced)

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Hershey,+PA&daddr=Chattanooga,+TN&hl=en&geocode=FeS2ZgId-Whu-ynzr7LMXrvIiTFWXqbIMP9ndA%3BFf7AFgIdEEfq-imF54OKQGBgiDGqKIeJHyZxJA&mra=ls&sll=37.370157,-81.430664&sspn=8.029931,14.018555&ie=UTF8&ll=38.013476,-79.123535&spn=7.960791,14.018555&t=h&z=6

Sleuthy1
06-09-2011, 01:54 AM
<snip>Signal Mountain Woman's Marriage Was Crumbling Before She Vanished
She Carried Out Her Own Investigation Of Husband's Affair<snip>

WOW...a must read...for all http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_203035.asp

brittbritt40
06-09-2011, 02:11 AM

WOW...a must read...for all http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_203035.asp

I was just about to post this. All I can say is WOW. Reading that broke my heart for Gail and the kids. And Arlene, she is a complete godsend. I have a few choice words for the other two. I'll refrain from that though...

F. Lee
06-09-2011, 02:26 AM
Wow is right! Unbelievable.

What does it require for Signal Mountain LE to get a clue? Possibly family members or neighbors (or God Bless her, Arlene) need to stand outside the SM Police Station as a group with signs reading FIND GAIL to get the attention of somebody -- police, Media, etc.

Horrible that the residence and anything in it hasn't been searched -- is that possible? What are they waiting for -- an invitation? If so, consider yourself invited and please hurry.

Where are the children?

ThoughtFox
06-09-2011, 02:39 AM
Oh Lord, that new article makes me almost shake with anger. :maddening:

http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_203035.asp

"Arlene recalls there was a big layoff at Novartis, but Gail was not on the cut list. But she was among a large group of employees who were hit by the second wave last November. She said Gail was not so concerned because she received a generous severance package and she "was thinking she had been on the road for so long that it was time she stayed home and be a mother to the children."

Aha! So this is probably some of the money - hard earned money - that was in the bank accounts with the changed pin numbers. MP was more interested in that money than in searching for his wife. :banghead:

Arlene said Gail told her that Matt became pressed for cash and he asked her to withdraw $20,000 from her retirement account. She said Gail told her that money was gone in three weeks and Matt asked for another $20,000, which she assented to.

She said Gail told her she went to their bank to review the records and was startled to find "that Matt was getting $400 every couple of days from an ATM."

Yep, this explains so much!

The next week Matt had told Gail he was headed to Minneapolis for an insurance conference.

Good to know - Minneapolis confirmed.

Arlene said she took her pile of information to the Signal Mountain Police and they did not seem very interested. She said a county detective finally came to Titus to interview her.

She said she asked the detective why no search has been made of the Palmgren home, and he told her they did not have cause to get a search warrant there.

OMG - this makes me crazy. The affair, the money, the missing wife without her driver's license when she's been so careful about everything, and then the missing Jeep - and that's not enough for a search warrant?

Let me tell you something people :twocents: it is not that difficult to get a search warrant in Hamilton County. When LE wants to do a search, no one can stop them from searching, whether it's at a party with teenagers or somebody's car. You can't tell me there isn't just cause in this case - that is bizarre to me.

ThoughtFox
06-09-2011, 02:45 AM
One more thing: I think Arlene is a great friend and she rocks! :great:

But if I were her, I would be careful about listening to anyone who posts a sighting of Gail on Facebook. Somebody might be sending her off on wild goose chases. :twocents: Sending her off to Florida might just be a good way to get her out of Wetumpka for a few days. I hope she has good security at her house, too. :(

Janeumayer
06-09-2011, 03:03 AM
snipped...

Maybe they should search his GF's place?

glorias
06-09-2011, 03:10 AM
snipped and BBM...

(snipped)

Thanks for the info on Gail being at the lake house by 6:15. I either never knew or forgot it.

Did Gail have a private investigator? ETA: I see she did per the Chattanoogan article from today.

Janeumayer
06-09-2011, 03:21 AM
Wish we knew the make, model, year and color. Did she drive to PA and trade? Was this a second car............etc.....??

Surely MP had a round trip ticket and didn't utilize it. Wonder how much the expense report uncovered?

Good point. JMOO but if she was involved in anything related to Gail then maybe she traded the old car due to evidence?

I hope LE searches for the car if it exists.

glorias
06-09-2011, 03:22 AM
Wow, okay, so the conference in MN is confirmed per the news and mominboots. When the news says MP and TH met in another location, I wonder if they mean Pennsylvania? That would be a weird coincidence for them to be in in Pennsylvania when that 2011 Pennsylvania Insurance Fraud Conference that almino mentioned a couple of days ago, was being held. The dates for it were April 25 and 26. But neither MP nor TH sound like they have jobs that would require attendance to an insurance fraud conference.

I suspect the journalist just got confused because there's overlap in the dates of the conferences.

Janeumayer
06-09-2011, 03:57 AM

WOW is right! Amazing article FULL of info. Thanks, Sleuthy1

glorias
06-09-2011, 04:06 AM
That article is great, Sleuthy1, thanks!

Now we know how Gail got those cash receipts:

(Arlene) said Gail was able to check Matt's Hilton Honors records and found that he had paid for a number of motel stays that she had been unaware of in Chattanooga and elsewhere. She said Matt had paid cash, but there was a record of the stays that she was able to access because he had gotten credit toward Hilton Honors reward points.

That $30K in missing items seems to definitely include family heirlooms per Arlene, who says Gail gave them to someone in Birmingham:

She said Gail left some jewelry and some of her mother's jewelry with the friend.

And Matt did return early from that trip on the 29th:

She said Gail told her that Matt was due to fly back into town on Friday at 11:35 p.m. from the conference. But she said he was back before noon.

This article is unbelievable, it answers so much.

hollyblue
06-09-2011, 06:35 AM
Maybe they should search his GF's place?

Wondering if part of the $40K he ask GP for was for the house or car of TH? ....grrrrr. .I'm so mad right now I could spit nails.

Wow, okay, so the conference in MN is confirmed per the news and mominboots. When the news says MP and TH met in another location, I wonder if they mean Pennsylvania? That would be a weird coincidence for them to be in in Pennsylvania when that 2011 Pennsylvania Insurance Fraud Conference that almino mentioned a couple of days ago, was being held. The dates for it were April 25 and 26. But neither MP nor TH sound like they have jobs that would require attendance to an insurance fraud conference.

I suspect the journalist just got confused because there's overlap in the dates of the conferences.

I don't think the fraud conference has anything to do with it because it's for PA companies only. Maybe she saw a specific car she wanted on the net in PA and they decided to reroute to PA for that purpose? Would either of them have ties to that area? Other family or former work associates...freindss? :waitasec: Maybe a former co-worker who now works for a company in PA...and they were attending the PA conference? Maybe one or both were job hunting...since he said he was filing on the next Tues.? I've have to think about all this for awhile....and cool off! Arlene's making things complicated...........pssft *&*^%#.

We all need friends like Arlene....you go girl!

Wonder what color Matt's tidy whities are tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Sleuthy for update. Fantastic article.

hollyblue
06-09-2011, 06:39 AM
[quote=glorias;6640758]

That $30K in missing items seems to definitely include family heirlooms per Arlene, who says Gail gave them to someone in Birmingham:

Caught in another lie. He said the family jewels were his family's.

hollyblue
06-09-2011, 07:02 AM
Good point. JMOO but if she was involved in anything related to Gail then maybe she traded the old car due to evidence?

Another thought. You may be right. MP did know that GP was writing down plate numbers, and hopefully the make of the vehicle following her. Maybe they figured it would be best to get rid of the car? ????

hollyblue
06-09-2011, 07:12 AM
This is good....more national attention. Isabelle follows thru....

Gail Palmgren Missing: Husband, co-worker terminated at BlueCross

http://www.examiner.com/missing-persons-in-national/gail-palmgren-missing-husband-co-worker-terminated-at-bluecross

FUNNYGIRL101
06-09-2011, 07:46 AM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43320450/ns/local_news-chattanooga_tn/t/palmgren-co-worker-terminated-bluecross/

In this Article it states that he hired an investigator to look for GP?

IMO the girlfriend and he likely knew they'd be fired once put on paid leave - knowing that the company would go through all records with a fine-toothed comb.

MP states that the children's passports are missing - why would he be concerned about that.. (hmmm). I smell a rat.

fbx
06-09-2011, 08:08 AM

If she did, the police are surely onto it...but vehicle trading was before the 30th wasn't it?

We have talked about Matt's irrational behaviour and being led by little heads. Since we now all know about the frequent withdrawals and his blowing through cash....can we take that further and speculate what someone may need it for? Especially someone with the contacts he has? Especially what a wife with the appropriate background might observe in his behavior and the interpretation she might apply? This may not be appropriate to discuss at this point though...Arlene didn't take that step yet.

Another thing the article reminds us about...under all this stress and pressure, think again how smart and clear thinking Gail has been (even down to providing essential items for all the girls on a trip, not just her own) . What brought them all back to Signal Mountain that day with no word to Arlene?...it cannot possibly have been something trivial or blown out of proportion by a stressed out wife. Whatever this was, it must have been absolutely huge and extreme and had to be addressed immediately. She had the whole drive back to plan how to address the situation...so dropped the kids where she knew they were safe and then zoomed off to sort it out...calling her sister as she left (do I have that right?). Diane may well know what she was about to do (JMO thoughts)...so I'm guessing the police do too? The police silence began shortly after Diane arrived, they were quite "chatty" until then. Seems unlikely that what Gail was doing back here was un-connected to her husbands doings...just as unlikely for her not to be planning to return. I am more confident that the police really are doing their job. Hope it's not misplaced!

Scary thing is though, that with all this money being spent....that's a whole bunch of very nasty people to get involved with if Gail planned to meet any of them that day?? JMOO

fbx
06-09-2011, 08:15 AM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43320450/ns/local_news-chattanooga_tn/t/palmgren-co-worker-terminated-bluecross/

In this Article it states that he hired an investigator to look for GP?

IMO the girlfriend and he likely knew they'd be fired once put on paid leave - knowing that the company would go through all records with a fine-toothed comb.

MP states that the children's passports are missing - why would he be concerned about that.. (hmmm). I smell a rat.

like he was planning a trip and may need them....but summer vacation was coming and so maybe it's not relevant....because you would take a nice relaxing vacation if your wife had gone missing.....wouldn't you???!!

His investigator IS being paid to look for her

stilettos
06-09-2011, 08:26 AM
I smell a rat and a bunch of other names that I am not gonna say ^(^((^#$@%$^^*^) to protect myself from a TO. Big grin....but the way this man was treating HIS WIFE, THE MOTHER OF HIS CHILDREN (sorry for yelling but this pizzles me off) is horrendous...taking money from her retirement?? WTF? Twice she gave him that kind of money....oh you better bet I would know exactly to the dam* penny what that son of a biscuit eater spent that money on....unfreaking believable!

glorias
06-09-2011, 08:31 AM
snipped

What brought them all back to Signal Mountain that day with no word to Arlene?...it cannot possibly have been something trivial or blown out of proportion by a stressed out wife. Whatever this was, it must have been absolutely huge and extreme and had to be addressed immediately. She had the whole drive back to plan how to address the situation...so dropped the kids where she knew they were safe and then zoomed off to sort it out...calling her sister as she left (do I have that right?). Diane may well know what she was about to do (JMO thoughts)...so I'm guessing the police do too? The police silence began shortly after Diane arrived, they were quite "chatty" until then. Seems unlikely that what Gail was doing back here was un-connected to her husbands doings...just as unlikely for her not to be planning to return. I am more confident that the police really are doing their job. Hope it's not misplaced!

My goodness, I think you're right: She had to rush back for something important and dropped the kids off before going where she needed to. That would explain the distraction and not acknowledging Susie, as well as the phone call Diane described as "bizarre". Matt said he wasn't at the house yet, so it's possible she could have met him at a separate location. It would explain why she left the kids at the house, since we already know she didn't like to talk about their problems in front of the kids.

But what could he have said to bring her back so fast? She already knew Matt was having an affair and had said he was going to divorce her. She already knew he was using lots of her severance package money. I can't even begin to imagine what he could have said that would have made her rush back, because she pretty much knew everything already.

Cat99
06-09-2011, 08:45 AM
Does anyone know if LE has spoken with the PI that Gail hired to follow her husband? I am also very suspicious of this TH's whereabouts on the day Gail went missing. Could she have called Gail to meet with her?

JMO

Emeralgem
06-09-2011, 09:27 AM
I'm so far behind in this forum.. Hopefully, I can read everything that has happened and will be able to comment later

hollyblue
06-09-2011, 09:31 AM
Could she have talked to her PI and found out about the PA trip....or maybe we haven't heard all the story yet....what all was said when MP called and told her he was filing?

I can't believe she gave this man 40K knowing what he was doing? There are some things---financially that just don't add up, tbh, but I'll hold back for the time being. I think there is more coming...some more twists.

I'm thinking (at the moment) that MP or TH made the change of addy, just because of the comment he made that he didn't know how long she had been back from AL.

dsntslp
06-09-2011, 09:41 AM
OK OK - Looking for info on murder victim found 5/28/11 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

A recently found UID is being compared to Palmgren.

mayqueen
06-09-2011, 09:42 AM

Wow. WOW. I feel sick, sad and angry after reading that. I figured that Arlene had a wealth of information she hadn't shared yet, and I'm sure there is more.

I'm shocked about the retirement account withdrawals... $20k x 2?! I realize that my husband and I are not as well off as the Ps, but we would only withdraw from our retirement accounts in an emergency. I wonder what he did with the money?? Gail probably knew, and maybe Arlene does too. And then there were the frequent cash withdrawals by MP - $400 every couple of days... no wonder she changed the PINs on the accounts in her name. :(

So the conference WAS in MN... but it's not clear if MP ever even flew to Mnpls. At first I was thinking that he flew to the conference location, but didn't attend any sessions and drove home with TH. But the article just says that he "was not seen at any of the conference sessions and that he met Ms. Helton at another location and they returned by car to Chattanooga." Maybe he didn't even go to MN... maybe he wasn't even registered for the conference (do we know)? He could've just used the conference as a cover story. I'm still trying to figure out where TH bought that dang car, LOL. Not sure if it's even important, but it may be.

Oh, Gail... what happened on the 29th/30th that made you drive home so quickly without saying goodbye to your best friend? That is the question.

ETA JBean, hugs to you. I can't imagine what this is like for you. I understand your concern over Arlene's admissions in this article - I was surprised by her sudden "info dump", but I think you are right that she is beside herself and doesn't know what else to do.

Arlene, if you are reading this you are a wonderful and loyal friend... but be careful and stay safe. Thank you for everything you've done to find Gail.

hollyblue
06-09-2011, 09:53 AM
OK OK - Looking for info on murder victim found 5/28/11 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139342)

ETA: Adding link: http://guthriesports.wordpress.com/2011/06/07/officers-look-into-identity-of-murder-victim/

Oh nooooo!!!!!!!!!!! It looks like her. :( But the height is off.
http://guthriesports.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/janedoe.jpg?w=174&h=240 (http://api.viglink.com/api/click?format=go&drKey=910&loc=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.websleuths.com%2Fforums%2Fsho wthread.php%3Ft%3D139342&v=1&libid=1307627810394&out=http%3A%2F%2Fguthriesports.files.wordpress.com %2F2011%2F06%2Fjanedoe.jpg&ref=http%3A%2F%2Fwebsleuths.com%2Fforums%2Fshowthr ead.php%3Fp%3D6641785%26posted%3D1%23post6641785&title=OK%20OK%20-%20Looking%20for%20info%20on%20murder%20victim%20f ound%205%2F28%2F11%20-%20Websleuths%20Crime%20Sleuthing%20Community&txt=%3CIMG%20border%3D0%20alt%3D%22%22%20src%3D%22 http%3A%2F%2Fguthriesports.files.wordpress.com%2F2 011%2F06%2Fjanedoe.jpg%3Fw%3D174%26amp%3Bh%3D240%2 2%3E)

mayqueen
06-09-2011, 09:59 AM
Oh nooooo!!!!!!!!!!! It looks like her. :(

Yeah, it really does. :( Though, it says this woman was 5'1" to 5'5" and Gail is 5'8" - could they be that far off on the victim's height? Also, do we know if Gail's tubes were tied?

JayCeeVee
06-09-2011, 10:08 AM
I didn't see where this was posted; however, if it has, sorry...lots of information here from Gail's friend. Also name of the high ranking BCBS employee who was/is Matt's GF.

http://chattanoogan.com/articles/article_203035.asp

sophieness
06-09-2011, 10:08 AM
OK OK - Looking for info on murder victim found 5/28/11 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139342)

it looks a LOT like her...

JayCeeVee
06-09-2011, 10:09 AM
I didn't see where this was posted; however, if it has, sorry...lots of information here from Gail's friend. Also name of the high ranking BCBS employee who was/is Matt's GF.

http://chattanoogan.com/articles/article_203035.asp

Sorry, I did see above where someone had posted...just read this a.m. Will leave as is...

ThoughtFox
06-09-2011, 10:34 AM
ETA: Adding link: http://guthriesports.wordpress.com/2011/06/07/officers-look-into-identity-of-murder-victim/

Oh nooooo!!!!!!!!!!! It looks like her. :( But the height is off.
http://guthriesports.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/janedoe.jpg?w=174&h=240 (http://api.viglink.com/api/click?format=go&drKey=910&loc=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.websleuths.com%2Fforums%2Fsho wthread.php%3Ft%3D139342&v=1&libid=1307627810394&out=http%3A%2F%2Fguthriesports.files.wordpress.com %2F2011%2F06%2Fjanedoe.jpg&ref=http%3A%2F%2Fwebsleuths.com%2Fforums%2Fshowthr ead.php%3Fp%3D6641785%26posted%3D1%23post6641785&title=OK%20OK%20-%20Looking%20for%20info%20on%20murder%20victim%20f ound%205%2F28%2F11%20-%20Websleuths%20Crime%20Sleuthing%20Community&txt=%3CIMG%20border%3D0%20alt%3D%22%22%20src%3D%22 http%3A%2F%2Fguthriesports.files.wordpress.com%2F2 011%2F06%2Fjanedoe.jpg%3Fw%3D174%26amp%3Bh%3D240%2 2%3E)

OMG - that's disturbing. The orange rubber band would be a big clue, I think.

hollyblue
06-09-2011, 10:36 AM
Here's the article from the media. Why do they have a pic of blonde hair, but state she has dark hair with a bit of blonde in the article? ????

Body found in Logan County

While her official cause of death is yet to be determined, officials say they fear she is a homicide victim.

http://www.kfor.com/news/local/kfor-body-found-in-logan-county-20110608,0,7981688.story

ThoughtFox
06-09-2011, 10:44 AM
Wait a minute, she was "found last month in the Cimarron River" but they are just now asking for help?

Her height and hair color is making me think that this is not Gail, but I also can't recall ~ was Gail a natural blonde?

Columbo
06-09-2011, 10:49 AM
Wait a minute, she was "found last month in the Cimarron River" but they are just now asking for help?

Her height and hair color is making me think that this is not Gail, but I also can't recall ~ was Gail a natural blonde?

I wonder--her sister is dark-haired....

hollyblue
06-09-2011, 10:52 AM

They have been looking locally and in surrounding states only I guess from the article. If Gail was scared for her life, would she dye her hair?

Map with location of where the body was found:

State Highway 74, Logan County, OK - Google Maps

ThoughtFox
06-09-2011, 10:52 AM
On the map, it looks really far from Chattanooga, although it is a straight shot west.

However, from northern Mississippi ~ not that far. :twocents:

fran
06-09-2011, 10:57 AM

As Gail was no longer working, she may have been letting her natural color grow out. Just a guess. I know my sis has dyed her hair since she was about 13, but now that she's 65, she recently let her color grow out. Course, it's now a beautiful white! :eek:

I'm not sure if in these types of instances, how accurate the height is? I BELIEVE I've seen a few times, where the height was off one or two inches or so. But as others have said, this MAY NOT be Gail, but then again.....................??????? maybe:(

Things are starting to come out. This always happens as cases progress. Perhaps someone who's been keeping silent, not yet mentioned, will reveal more!

Bet Matt is now sweating bullets! :mad:.....It's now revealed, he's not exactly the person his package represented!

Not saying Matt did anything, but he's NOT out of being UNDER suspicion, at least by Websleuthers!

JMHO
fran

hollyblue
06-09-2011, 10:58 AM
On the map, it looks really far from Chattanooga, although it is a straight shot west.

However, from northern Mississippi ~ not that far. :twocents:

I-40. Not far at all. Here's route map:

Signal Mountain, TN to Cimarron City, OK - Google Maps

hollyblue
06-09-2011, 11:12 AM
Clive on FB is stating the timeline and tips. One tip is she was seen with a dark hair woman.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bring-Gail-Home-Now/210209109009469#!/photo.php?fbid=10150210760018966&set=o.210209109009469&type=1&theater

ThoughtFox
06-09-2011, 11:22 AM
Clive on FB is stating the timeline and tips. One tip is she was seen with a dark hair woman.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bring-Gail-Home-Now/210209109009469#!/photo.php?fbid=10150210760018966&set=o.210209109009469&type=1&theater

Clive is also spreading some unconfirmed rumors, and should probably stop doing that. :( I guess he means well, but who are his sources?

Anyone could say anything to start a bunch of red herrings in this case (accidentally or on purpose).

RWB
06-09-2011, 11:29 AM

Just saw this, more and more coming out and I bet there is more. I am curious sounds like the authorities know this timeline (guessing they do) I worry giving it to MSM per post on FB will help or hinder investigation. I know everyone wants to help and get to the bottom of what happen to Gail. I saw last night on FB post BGH a posting referring to AD and a family member and it suggested some friction and now the post are gone. Continued prayers for Gail, children and family!

RWB
06-09-2011, 11:30 AM
Clive is also spreading some unconfirmed rumors, and should probably stop doing that. :( I guess he means well, but who are his sources?

Anyone could say anything to start a bunch of red herrings in this case (accidentally or on purpose).

Totally agree!!

ThoughtFox
06-09-2011, 11:37 AM
Timelines are a great tool for studying a case. But sometimes people get so into it that they start wanting to fill up every minute with some detail, and that's when it gets even more important to stick to the facts and stay objective.

RWB
06-09-2011, 12:16 PM
another FB post IMO this is starting to become destructive (for lack of better words).

Shelby1
06-09-2011, 12:36 PM

I've always wondered how/why they went to Italy on that trip. I googled a lot of wine related stuff and I never ran across anything connected to the Palmgrens. Makes sense that she won it at work.

Shelby1
06-09-2011, 12:41 PM

Quoting your post again.

This statement by Matt JUMPED off the page to me:

Arlene said she confronted Matt, asking him why he had waited two days to report her missing, why he was not involved in an active search, why the police were not working the case, why he was still going to work.

She said Matt told her, "You're making things very complicated."

Cat99
06-09-2011, 12:41 PM
another FB post IMO this is starting to become destructive (for lack of better words).

ITA - what is this person's point of posting "Gossip" on the FB page? How is Clive intertwined in this case? Friend, relative?

JMO

Jade
06-09-2011, 01:00 PM
Seeing some discussion about motel receipts I note that according to

the way she found out about the motel rooms is by:

She said Gail was able to check Matt's Hilton Honors records and found that he had paid for a number of motel stays that she had been unaware of in Chattanooga and elsewhere. She said Matt had paid cash, but there was a record of the stays that she was able to access because he had gotten credit toward Hilton Honors reward points.

She said the motel stays included the four-star Doubletree in downtown Chattanooga and the Hampton Inn in Lookout Valley.

Another motel stay was in Batesville, Miss. Tammy Helton has bought a house at Batesville.

From what I can glean since this paragraph proceeds that quote she found that information in his cell phone:

But she said after the St. Martin trip, one night when Matt let his guard down that Gail spotted the password for his cellphone. She was able to get into his phone and check the text messages.

All IMO

ThoughtFox
06-09-2011, 01:10 PM

What's interesting is that the person on Facebook posting the most rumors is the one begging other people to post only facts and not speculate! I don't get it. :crazy:

mayqueen
06-09-2011, 01:32 PM
Quoting your post again.

Arlene said she confronted Matt, asking him why he had waited two days to report her missing, why he was not involved in an active search, why the police were not working the case, why he was still going to work.

Isn't that what MP said in the letter delivered to Arlene by the PI as well? "Gimme my stuff, and stop complicating things"? (I'm paraphrasing obviously)

JayCeeVee
06-09-2011, 01:49 PM
Home to Gail was Williamsville, NY, she graduated HS in 1985, wondering if she might? have headed back to NY but not in her Jeep. Just a thought.

believe09
06-09-2011, 02:00 PM
Let's not bring the FB rumor here, OK? There is enough in the MSM and with this UID to keep the threads hopping, that's for sure! :(

I am thinking about their children. This is a nightmare you cannot wake up from.

JayCeeVee
06-09-2011, 02:06 PM
As Gail was no longer working, she may have been letting her natural color grow out. Just a guess. I know my sis has dyed her hair since she was about 13, but now that she's 65, she recently let her color grow out. Course, it's now a beautiful white! :eek:

I'm not sure if in these types of instances, how accurate the height is? I BELIEVE I've seen a few times, where the height was off one or two inches or so. But as others have said, this MAY NOT be Gail, but then again.....................??????? maybe:(

Things are starting to come out. This always happens as cases progress. Perhaps someone who's been keeping silent, not yet mentioned, will reveal more!

Bet Matt is now sweating bullets! :mad:.....It's now revealed, he's not exactly the person his package represented!

Not saying Matt did anything, but he's NOT out of being UNDER suspicion, at least by Websleuthers!

JMHO
fran

Lady found in Cimmaron River in Oklahoma was a smoker...the artist's sketch sure looks like her though. Haven't heard, did Gail smoke?

http://www.koco.com/r-video/28163095/detail.html

RWB
06-09-2011, 02:12 PM
ITA - what is this person's point of posting "Gossip" on the FB page? How is Clive intertwined in this case? Friend, relative?

JMO

Okay so the FB posted has been deleted. His connection... family (no) friend (no) from reading his post they have never meet (GP). He lives on Signal Mountain with his two children. He has been openly frustrated ( nothing wrong with that) with lack of community involvement in searching for GP. He is not from Signal Mountain and has had an eye opening reality of the kind of community it is. He and his two children have spent alot of time and energy serching for Gail ( and should be commended). He is trying to start a reward fund (met with obstacles) and or trying to get exposure at a week long music festival in Chattanooga this coming week. IMO I hope the family wishes are being remembered. It can get lost sometimes. IMO we all can say what we would do or won't do but until you are living in this horrific nightmare you just have now idea. My comments come only from post and media outlet info that I have seen. Sorry so winded.

Pollywog
06-09-2011, 03:08 PM
Maybe the so called dark haired woman was the detective GP hired? Maybe she came back for some more information, dropped the kids off so they would not know about it and then something happened to her before she could return. I think she was very smart to keep quiet about all she had found out, but maybe her husband found the tracking device, was furious at her and confronted her - IDK, just speculation on my part. For him not to be concerned or offering to search sure sounds like he knows more than he is saying. Most people that have a missing spouse at least make the effort. He is doing nothing IMO. I just don't think she wuld be gone this long without letting someone know she was ok and I don't think she would have left her kids this long either, altho I know some women just up and walk away, somehow I just don't think that is the case here.

fbx
06-09-2011, 03:44 PM
What's interesting is that the person on Facebook posting the most rumors is the one begging other people to post only facts and not speculate! I don't get it. :crazy:

That's because he truly believes these things to be facts, and is not therefore spreading a rumor.... meaning he is being true to his plea for facts only.

Clive has a huge heart, and does get carried away and a little dangerous at times. He is talking to the police though, and I don't think they've ever asked him to back off, although sometimes Gail's friends and family feel he should tone it down a little! LE has asked others to back off though, so if he was causing trouble for the investigation I'm sure they would let him know. His intent is to find Gail, he would not hinder an investigation purposely or spread mis-information unless he had reason to think it true.

Who knows if his timeline is fact...but he thinks he has good reason to believe it credible. LE have not indicated that he is out of line in any way and are supporting his efforts.

mayqueen
06-09-2011, 04:07 PM
That's because he truly believes these things to be facts, and is not therefore spreading a rumor.... meaning he is being true to his plea for facts only.

Clive has a huge heart, and does get carried away and a little dangerous at times. He is talking to the police though, and I don't think they've ever asked him to back off, although sometimes Gail's friends and family feel he should tone it down a little! LE has asked others to back off though, so if he was causing trouble for the investigation I'm sure they would let him know. His intent is to find Gail, he would not hinder an investigation purposely or spread mis-information unless he had reason to think it true.

Who knows if his timeline is fact...but he thinks he has good reason to believe it credible. LE have not indicated that he is out of line in any way and are supporting his efforts.

Thanks fbx. I'm not local, but from everything I've seen, Clive genuinely wants to find Gail and is just really frustrated. I probably wouldn't have posted those things on FB if I were in his shoes, but he didn't do it maliciously IMO. I agree that he believes those things to be true.

SCSleuther
06-09-2011, 04:53 PM

Wow, Sleuthy1.
Thank you for the very interesting and informative article !

I have been bothered all day by something in that article, so thought I would post it for you more expert sleuthers to ponder…

<snipped from our WS timeline>

“Matthew Palmgren agreed to stay at 40 Ridgerock Drive and let Gail Palmgren
take their two children…to their lake house in Wetumpka, AL for the night,”
according to the police report

From the newest article:

Arlene said Gail told her the plan was for Matt to come down to the lake house on Easy Street and tell the kids about the upcoming separation.

So… Gail had to have told Arlene - about Matt coming down to talk to the kids - after the 911 call on 4/29,…

But why would Gail tell Arlene that….knowing that Matt had told the cops that he would stay in Signal Mtn … ??

Snowbunny
06-09-2011, 05:47 PM
I could just cry right now. That police sketch really does resemble Gail an awful lot.

Emeralgem
06-09-2011, 06:31 PM
Quoting your post again.

I'm thinking that statement could very well be viewed as being a threat of some sort..JMHO

hollyblue
06-09-2011, 06:42 PM
Lady found in Cimmaron River in Oklahoma was a smoker...the artist's sketch sure looks like her though. Haven't heard, did Gail smoke?

http://www.koco.com/r-video/28163095/detail.html

They replaced the orginal article with a very short video. They said she was a smoker at one time.

They also said in the original article that they didn't know if she was married or had children. So I'm assuming she wasn't wearing a wedding ring. Not to say someone could not have taken off her finger, but I wonder if GP was wearing her wedding rings? Were these part of the jewelry she had given to a friend in Birmingham?

Columbo
06-09-2011, 07:00 PM
After reading this article, I don't understand why Matt was "pressed for cash". http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_203035.asp

He was the one who was working, and at a high-paying (I'm assuming) job.
Was he gambling, or was the money supporting his extra-marital social life, drinking, or was he paying someone off for "something"--like a down payment for something horrendous if you catch my drift?

confused
06-09-2011, 07:03 PM
Did you see the local news tonight? Arlene has been asked by the police to stop interfering! In my opinion she has been way to mouthy from the start...

Columbo
06-09-2011, 07:07 PM
Did you see the local news tonight? Arlene has been asked by the police to stop interfering! In my opinion she has been way to mouthy from the start...

bolded by me.

Can you provide a link? Thanks!

hollyblue
06-09-2011, 07:15 PM
Is this a contradiction of when MP told GP he as filing?

Just before she drove off into the sunset, Gail told Arlene that Matt had called to say he was going to see a lawyer the following Tuesday about getting a divorce.

and..

The next week Matt had told Gail he was headed to Minneapolis for an insurance conference. Inestigators say Matt was not seen at any of the conference sessions and that he met Ms. Helton at another location and they returned by car to Chattanooga.

She said Gail told her that Matt was due to fly back into town on Friday at 11:35 p.m. from the conference. But she said he was back before noon.

Gail said she only talked with Matt once on the phone that week. He told her he "would be filing for a legal separation on Tuesday."

She said Gail replied, "Okay."

Arlene said, "She had all the proof. She was ready for him."

Emeralgem
06-09-2011, 07:15 PM

Since I highly suspect there are quite a few here who are not local and do not know what station you are referring to, would it be possible for you to provide a link to the local news station you are speaking of concerning this case? TYIA

confused
06-09-2011, 07:28 PM
I can not provide a link at the moment, not on a computer, and this device won't link, but search. For WRCB channel 3 in Chattanooga. Maybe that will help.

mominboots
06-09-2011, 07:30 PM
http://www.wrcbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=14878595

Here is the link I think you are looking for.

KathyJ
06-09-2011, 07:35 PM
Have not posted in awhile but have been keeping up on this situation and what a turn it has taken. Been also keeping an eye on facebook and agree there are some people really turning up the heat. I can also understand the police asking people to back off, as much as people want to help as individuals and do what they can to find someone it can sometimes hamper an investigation. In any case most people are not privy to information pertaining to an investigation for good reason. Again police still remain quiet so they are up to something, if they needed help from the public they would ask for it. IMO a case is being built and evidence is being gathered more so than we know. Understand people wanting to get out and search, but that could also cause problems and damage evidence. IMO the police know something and they are getting all their ducks in row to do this right. It's not something that happens over night.

One thing I saw on FB ( am I allowed to ask this) is that it's confirmed she was seen with a dark haired female...I had never heard that before

JBean
06-09-2011, 07:39 PM
Let's not forget that Gail's PI probably has a boat load of info.
I just worry about the integrity of the investigation. This info has been kept quiet for some time. I think that LE is all over this stuff and we just have to be patient.

Emeralgem
06-09-2011, 07:40 PM

Video or article is not working for me..

All I see is...

Friend of Gail Palmgren: Police sent a threatening text message

JBean
06-09-2011, 07:41 PM
While the investigation has to come first can you really blame her for wanting to do everything she can to find her friend?
I don't personally think sharing this much with media was a good idea, but I certainly see that Arlene's intentions are honorable and honest.

Columbo
06-09-2011, 07:41 PM

IMO, Arlene is doing what the searchers are doing in groups except she is doing it on her own. How can LE arrest her? It seems like they put more effort into trying to stop her than they have into finding Gail!

KathyJ
06-09-2011, 07:44 PM
Call me cynical, cause I am. One thing that is bothering me and this is just my opinion. I can appreciate getting all the help you can from anyone to find your loved one or friend. I find it very unusual that a person who does not know her at all is leading the cause. I was pretty shocked to find out the the individual who seems to be heading us the searches and all that does not know her at all. By no means am I putting this person down kudos for helping out, but the cynic in me questions it. I just assumed by all the posts that they were great friends. When I came to find out they did not know her it just made think. Just have never seen anything like that before.

KathyJ
06-09-2011, 07:47 PM
IMO, Arlene is doing what the searchers are doing in groups except she is doing it on her own. How can LE arrest her? It seems like they put more effort into trying to stop her than they have into finding Gail!

I believe her intentions are honest and real and she really wants to help her friend. It's hard to sit back and do nothing in a situation like this, but if she ends up obstructing justice they can do something about it. I would hate to see that, but it happens. We as joe public are not privy to what the police are doing and if people get in the way of what they are tying to do there will be consequences.

Amazing I have not posted in awhile and now I can't shut up :crazy:

Columbo
06-09-2011, 07:48 PM
Call me cynical, cause I am. One thing that is bothering me and this is just my opinion. I can appreciate getting all the help you can from anyone to find your loved one or friend. I find it very unusual that a person who does not know her at all is leading the cause. I was pretty shocked to find out the the individual who seems to be heading us the searches and all that does not know her at all. By no means am I putting this person down kudos for helping out, but the cynic in me questions it. I just assumed by all the posts that they were great friends. When I came to find out they did not know her it just made think. Just have never seen anything like that before.

KathyJ, I read in an earlier post here that he has a heart of gold and just wanted to help because no one else seemed to be. Hope we are talking about the same individual...the one posting a lot on the FB site?

KathyJ
06-09-2011, 07:51 PM
KathyJ, I read in an earlier post here that he has a heart of gold and just wanted to help because no one else seemed to be. Hope we are talking about the same individual...the one posting a lot on the FB site?

I think we are, and I read that as well. Like I said call me cynical. I do think it's great the effort this person is putting forward. I just have never seen that happen. I am one of those people that question every aspect of something...it's really not a good quality in me, but it's me.:innocent:

Columbo
06-09-2011, 07:52 PM
I believe her intentions are honest and real and she really wants to help her friend. It's hard to sit back and do nothing in a situation like this, but if she ends up obstructing justice they can do something about it. I would hate to see that, but it happens. We as joe public are not privy to what the police are doing and if people get in the way of what they are tying to do there will be consequences.

Amazing I have not posted in awhile and now I can't shut up :crazy:

That's true. I wonder if she's just frustrated by the apparent good ole boy attitude of LE, and seeming lack of caring--even though, as JBean has said, they are doing a lot that we aren't privy to.

I guess it would be better if she could just accept that she is doing her part by holding on to the evidence Gail gave her, and contributing that at some point. Apparently she tried to show it to LE but they were not interested. I'd feel angry and frustrated, too.

KathyJ
06-09-2011, 07:58 PM
Hmmm..maybe early on they were not interested as there was nothing pointing to foul play and I am not saying that there is something pointing to it now, but for someone who had gathered all her info and was ready for the divorce or whatever MP was going to bring on, I don't see her just leaving. Not without the kids and not without letting her friend know.
I just think that speaks volumes, especially with all the info we are finding out about now.
Got wonder how the girl that "allegedly" had the affair with MP is feeling right now....not so worth it now I am sure

glorias
06-09-2011, 07:58 PM

AD was at worst a typical so-called "nosy neighbor", but I very much disagree that she has been "mouthy." Remember, Gail apparently had no problem with AD's behavior because she gave her important paperwork to hold on to, so there's no reason for any of us to judge AD as having stepped over any lines of behavior as far as Gail was concerned.

It's equivocal whether AD has said too much now, but she wants to find her friend and she feels LE isn't doing much about it. AD has kept Gail's name in the press, which I know some people have been extremely upset about, so I assume that's where the complaints are coming from

But if we are to find Gail, this is the only way. Keeping quiet and pretending like nothing happened is harmful to the quest to find Gail, and if there are perpetrators of crimes, hiding the crime only helps them.

I cannot personally fault AD for what she has done, because if it was my friend or relative, I would be shouting from mountaintops if I had to.