PDA

View Full Version : 2011.06.15 TRIAL Day Nineteen (Morning Session)

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

Serjen
06-15-2011, 09:35 AM
I think right now JP is hearing Charlie Brown's teacher's voice "Whomp whomp whomp" and just waiting til he gets to say "Motion denied- now go home and do your homework before you begin your fairy tale testimony tomorrow."

laura08
so when a child or anyone is found with tape on the mouth & nose that isn't a sign of murder? Placed in trashbags and placed like trash in the woods wth is he going with this.

strawberry
Why would GA cover up Caylee's death so CA wouldn't get mad, then go to LE and point the finger at ICA (since DT is using this as evidence)? THEY MAKE NO SENSE

passionflower
06-15-2011, 09:36 AM
The state rests on the same day 3 years ago that Caylee was last scene.....JUSTICE FOR CAYLEE! Ironic to me!!!

SyraKelly
The DT can rest their case without presenting a case?

they can if they believe the SA did not prove their case

2goldfish
Far more cases end with a whimper than a bang. Have faith. There is always the things that need to be presented after the DT team is done....providing that the judge doesn't feel that she is innocent and grant this motion and just send her home with her proud parents today.
:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

OOOOHHHHH my goodness, I know that wont happen but as I read your post and pictured it, I nearly barfed in my lap. wouldnt that be SICKENING.

Horace Finklestein
Does he know what "reasonable" means?

TiaM
CM getting louder (although not clearer) and enjoying his GRANDSTANDING moment. :banghead:

Of course, I am thankful Baez isn't making this arguement. We'd be here until 5pm before he would ever get to his point - if he had one, or if he could remember it. :loser:

Celt1997
I wonder if this ever works? IF this is standard stuff has the judge ever said "you're right" Dismissed!

A precursory look at my Criminal Law studies showed that I couldn't find one that was dismissed after the State CIC, but I'm sure the DT will cite some from somewhere.

rosepetal1065
Um...how can CM say "there's no evidence to prove when she died, how she died, and who was present when she died" when the DT itself claims to know all of these things? :banghead:

I just yelled something similar to this at my husband........:maddening:

Velouria
Before anyone laughs at what CM is doing right now, keep in mind this is standard procedure for a majority of all trials in this country. The DT has an obligation to ask for aquittal/mistrial at the end of the states case. If they didn't do this, the defendant should fire his/her defense team on the spot.

I hear you, cityslick, and I have no problem with a defense attorney doing his job. It's just CM's arrogant, blustering manner that I find laughable, among other things. :rolleyes:

TexasDoll
CM is making a good case for an acquittal. NOOOO!!! :(

Softail
CM is talking about a case where a lady was missing and the defendent husband did not report her missing.

She was found wrapped in chains and a blanket! :eek:

CM comparing this case to that one.

kaRN
This argument is making my teeth hurt. Please make him stop AL wherever you are!!! CM is trying to kill me!!!! :)

RammerJammer
06-15-2011, 09:37 AM
I think they should have closed with the video of Caylee with great grandpa, three years ago TODAY.

Closing arguments come after the defense presents their case, SA will be able to rebut....then close, defense closes and SA gets to respond again.

PassTheMotrin
IMO..ICA fashions herself as a Lindsy Lohan. LL got the same tattoo. She just copied her. Like she did w/white sunglasses, rosary beads, etc.

Interesting that you mention that...I've noticed ICA even using some of her same expressions in court. One major difference? Lindsay Lohan wasn't accused of murder.

HRCODEPINK
Re Smith: That was an adult, not a child. It is far less plausible that a child could just go missing and no one call. I also would ask if there was decomp in the husband's car.

strawberry
Umm, perhaps this history of untruthfulness extends to her saying her dad molested her, took her dead baby, gave her to a meter reader blah blah blah

Sleuths4Me
Mason also says they can not say whether or not it was an accidental death. (defense is asking for a direct acquittal) #CaseyAnthony -jfellby cfnews13casey via twitter at 7:34 AM

UMMMMMM>.....your partner in crime JB said it was an accident *eyeroll*

okiedokietoo
are GA and CA there this morning?
Yes in the back on the State's side

MissJames
I want to make this point again,for those that missed the end yesterday.

THE STATE OFFERED TO COMBINE THIS PORTION WITH THE DEFENSE STARTING ON THURSDAY,SO THE JURY DID NOT HAVE TO COME IN FOR TWO MINUTES TODAY>
CM SAID NO.
ALSO ,IT'S THE DT WHO WOULD NOT START THEIR CASE TODAY. THEY HAD NOTICE ,BUT COULD NOT "WORK IT OUT"
THE JURORS INCONVENIENCE TODAY IS ALL DT!
JMO

jane the dood
Keep in mind, they have rested - but they are not done. There is still rebuttal to the DT case, as well as closing arguments.

Yeah, I know...I just wanted the State to end yesterday with a bang, not a whimper. But thanks for pointing out there IS more to come!

Whisperer
I guess ICA wants to keep this day special. Wanna bet Caylee died on the 15th?

Mendara
Imagine for a minute Judge Perry agrees. I will faint at my desk at work.

ami
I think the State did a great job of narrowing the time period in which Caylee died, between video evidence, trunk evidence, body decomposition and date of discovery. Tons of evidence IMO.

my2sense
I'm stepping away from the keyboard :silenced:

ZsaZsa
I thought in their OS the DT said baby Caylee died on the 16th in a drowning????

I'm thinking he has already forgotten that? :waitasec:

Celt1997
06-15-2011, 09:38 AM

He may make it sound good, but it has very little substance behind it. Foundation is shoddy, and the judge will take less than 2 seconds to deny the motion for acquittal.

BigFatMommyDog
...he's just arguing against dp

SleuthyMama
I'm a little confused. If we (and the DT, of course) have known that the State would be ready to rest either yesterday or today, shouldn't the DT be ready to begin as soon as the State has rested?

What does the DT need another day for? (I know, I know, stupid question SleuthyMama, stupid question)

Bon
Is he for real????? "No evidence." ???????

It's the Caseeeee Kool Aid :)

Oakley
I get the feeling Mason thinks if he repeats himself enough, with strong conviction, he can simply will it to be so.

passionflower
CM is boring and his mouth of marbles loses my mindset.

Mountain_Kat
And did the accused in this case drive around with his wife's decomposing body in the trunk of his car while he competed in hotbody contests, Mr. Mason?

No? Huh.

fifteen89
If he's going to pseudo-quote Dr. G, he should at least get it right.

TiaM
06-15-2011, 09:39 AM
Does ica look like she is breathing hard to anyone else?Does she realy think she is gonna get up and walk out a free woman today?

She looks like she is trying to remember where she left her big American flag so she can wear it to some 4th of July parties. :loser: :floorlaugh:

HRCODEPINK
OOOOHHHHH my goodness, I know that wont happen but as I read your post and pictured it, I nearly barfed in my lap. wouldnt that be SICKENING.

You are correct! It will not happen, so save your barf bag for tomorrows fantasy performance. Even if he believed her to be innocent (which I can't imagine he does) it would be career suicide to let this one go. He would have too much 'splainin' to do. :)

ETA: You are also correct about how sickening it would be. I would probably be barfing right next to you.

camcneishg
CM just a little ticked at Dr. G.......LOL

Cubby
CM: No evidence of premeditation.

Sadly I have to say I agree with this........ unless one can say premeditation to commit a murder on an unknown person or persons other than the person found deceased is acceptable legally with regards to the states burden of premeditation.

jmo (sheepishly)

Wise Old Owl
OMG - CM didn't just say that "Dr. G said 'some such stuff'"? Yes he did. WOW

grammieto5
Mason sounds like he has marbles in his mouth. Speak clearly MAN!!!!

I agree 100% He is so hard to listen too. I can't mute him though, I need to hear what he is saying :-(

BigFatMommyDog
now he's arguing a case he lost

Celt1997
06-15-2011, 09:40 AM
And did the accused in this case drive around with his wife's dcomposing body in the trunk of his car while he competed in hotbody contests, Mr. Mason?

No? Huh.

Tsk, tsk, mock juror, shouldn't you have this part muted? ;)

rosepetal1065
I hate the way, they are sooo dismissive of anyone..who is not a part of their team.

adb263
I will Give CM props for appearing to know what he is talking about!! Thank God JB is not arguing this motion!!

jmfstl
I don't see this motion he is presenting working as none of these cases have to do with a child missing for 31 days and found in the woods with duct tape.

ami

Only if what he was saying was true. But it's not.

Had the State actually not provided evidence, or if there was an innocent, reasonable explanation for the evidence they presented, he would be making a good case. Since he's ignoring the last several weeks of scientific and witness and video evidence, his words aren't actually valid.

FaerieB
bobkealing bob kealing
#CaseyAnthony Nelson Serrano now on death row. Mason defended him.

mck16
Yeah, I know...I just wanted the State to end yesterday with a bang, not a whimper. But thanks for pointing out there IS more to come!

The state has not ended. All they had to do was present the forensic evidence. They still have the opportunity to questions DTs witnesses. And to present a closing argument. This will be the 'bang'. jmo

Velouria
I'm a little confused. If we (and the DT, of course) have known that the State would be ready to rest either yesterday or today, shouldn't the DT be ready to begin as soon as the State has rested?

What does the DT need another day for? (I know, I know, stupid question SleuthyMama, stupid question)

BBM

"Just give me one more day". Isn't that SOP for Team Casey, after all?

passionflower

AGREE but attention on ICA not Caylee

Whisperer
I think the trial is over. I hope I'm wrong but this sure passes the sniff test of a Defense not presenting anything. If they were going to present, they would have been ready. I've not seen time given because they are not ready. When the trial starts BOTH sides have to be ready.

luckyme

Dont get the smelling salts out yet. IT AINT GONNA HAPPEN! :floorlaugh:

sunsetbeach
06-15-2011, 09:41 AM
There have been cases in the past where the judge has dismissed the case due to lack of evidence. There is also been cases where the DT asks the judge to recuse himself due to bias and that has happened as well.

They already asked one Judge to step down (and he did) so I "think" they are stuck with HHJP.

okiedokietoo
I'm thinking that HJBP hasn't forgotten anything.

TiaM
CM: No evidence to prove when she died, where she died, how she died, who was with her when she died and failed to rebut accidental death and efforts to cover up said death.

TiaM says to CM:

"What a coincidence, CM!!!

Just like Laci Peterson and her unborn son, Connor!

What's that CM? You didn't want me to bring them up? Why?"

Mountain_Kat
That exactly right...FELONY MURDER.

rosepetal1065
CM just a little ticked at Dr. G.......LOL

Yeah, she basically handed him his arse on a platter, (imo) hehe

2goldfish
Does he know what "reasonable" means?

I think not knowing what "reasonable" means is part of defense attorneys job description :innocent:

kathyn2
Why do some think the defense is going to rest their case? I see nothing that says that. I think their case should start tomorrow.

Sleuths4Me
Question

If the jury asks if they can smell the contents in the can..will they be able to?

MEM2010
Are they doing this because they have no case?

luckyme
I forgot about the serrano case. Masons case. Got death penalty.

Oakley

I'd buy that. But I don't think Casey would even remember the day. Nope, she was on her way to la Bella Vita and not looking back.

Celt1997
06-15-2011, 09:42 AM
Sadly I have to say I agree with this........ unless one can say premeditation to commit a murder on an unknown person or persons other than the person found deceased is acceptable legally with regards to the states burden of premeditation.

jmo (sheepishly)

I've always thought the "premeditation" was meant for CA & GA, hence the self-defense searches.

MissDiva
Did CM say there was no act of violence to this child??

I guess she was chloroformed and duct taped and murdered in a very gentle way. WTH?

ZsaZsa
She looks like she is trying to remember where she left her big American flag so she can wear it to some 4th of July parties. :loser: :floorlaugh:

And the duct tape that held it all together...

Tig
I understand asking for acquital period by the defense. But this is to much for me to listen to, on and on. I would asume the judge is familiar with all the cases. But asking the defense to shorten their request by being concise is to much to expect from them. Take care all.

grammieto5
ICA thinks she is going to walk out of there today.. not gonna happen

OH I pray you are right!

ami

jmo (sheepishly)

We've heard from the lawyers on the board that premeditation can take place within moments before the murder. Like when she reached for the duct tape and tore pieces off - that was premeditation. So if you believe ICA was the person who put the duct tape on, and that it happened when Caylee was alive -she legally premeditated it.

Nefriahaia

I think she should be charged with desecrating the flag.

2goldfish
hubby was walking by as CM said loving, caring, doting mother and started laughing hysterically and shaking his head. he isnt following the case but he gets enough info to have decided :)

Aedrys
Caylee died as a result of a crime committed against her. And that's all I'm going to say about that.

Premeditation-schremeditation.

Wow. Straight from the mock juror's mouth, folks! I hope the jury thinks the same way you do, MK!

BetteDavisEyes

When you speak the truth, you never have to struggle to recall what you said. The truth speaks for itself. The DT knows that their OS was a pack of lies. jmo

okiedokietoo
CM: first 18 witnesses called - dedicated doting caring mother

Mendara
06-15-2011, 09:43 AM
KC really really thinks she is a good mother. She must be insane.

Wise Old Owl
"ICA was a dedicated, doting, caring, loving mother" Really? Well, yea I guess - the heart sticker and all. GMAB

fifteen89
Who cares that there weren't fractures??? And I wish they'd get this: Casey's actions during those 31 days weren't to show bad character. They were to show what she was doing while her daughter was missing for 31 freaking days. Or, have it your way, to show how she grieved the accidental death of her precious daughter. UGH.

Dr.Fessel
They did not Mason and the Judge will not like you lying to him.

Shyla
Mason says #CaseyAnthony was a loving, doting, caring mother. -jfellby cfnews13casey via twitter at 8:42 AM

^ and of course it was all about ICA so she teared up!

MissDiva
I'd also like to say it annoyed me the way CM addressed Dr. G.'s testimony as basically being akin to witchcraft (no, he didn't say that, but that's the way he acted)? If he can't understand it, it can't possibly be anything of significant. What. Ever.

jmfstl
I think this is just normal procedure just like the DT asking for a mistrial all through out the SA CIC

snowshuze
Loving dedicated doting mother. Riiiiight.

She looked like she might tear up for a second there.

ZsaZsa
Question

If the jury asks if they can smell the contents in the can..will they be able to?

Oh, GOOD question! Please ask that over on the Lawyers Questions thread.
wouldn't that be great?

SarahEcho
I half expect Mason to ride in with a civil war uniform, I can't help it every time I look at him, that's what I see.

SyraKelly

most of the time the DT will start right after the SA,but JP gave them a day to get their witnesses and things in order,its really not uncommon for a day to go by and the other side starts.

Softail
06-15-2011, 09:44 AM
WOW - CM is being very rude to CJBP. Pointing out to him, that the Supreme Court of Florida is his "boss"!

Sedona722
I think ICA looks extremely scared today. Is it just me or do others see it?

Bon
No fractures found!!!Yep! Just duct tape over her mouth and nose so she couldn't breathe

Kat
No COD, speculation by Dr. G, (citing an appeals case that won a reduction in sentencing where the MOD was known).

Another case:

Sirrano case: Nelson S. was convicted of execution style murder of 4 associates (stating details of crime and victim) issue of the circumstances was whether or not N.S. was the shooter. Every reasonable hypothesis must be excluded.

Brooks Vs. State: underlying aggr. child abuse is merged with other charge. (admits that KC lies but witnesses said she was a good devoted mother). The evidence mandates merging.

(I have no problem undertanding this attn. I'm originally from KY)

rosepetal1065
Is, CM getting very snippy with the Judge? I detect a tone...

KMouse
I think the State did a great job of narrowing the time period in which Caylee died, between video evidence, trunk evidence, body decomposition and date of discovery. Tons of evidence IMO.

I wish they would have had the cell ping evidence to narrow the times even more. Maybe that will come up later as rebuttal evidence.

Eidetic
Looks like I haven't missed much.

4realtho
CM is so disrespectful to Judge Perry.

cleo612
Wow, Mason certainly has a nasty, condescending and arrogant tone when speaking to Judge Perry. I have never seen such a tone being used with a Chief Judge in a courtroom.

Mendara
Kc was not a full time mother, her mother Cindy was the real mother - KC was part time and the moment KC was forced to be full time mom and got in the way of KC and her man, Caylee died.

Caylee was only 2 1/2 that is not enough mothering experience to say she was a good mother, especially with the evidence that cindy provided everything for both of them.

MO

HRCODEPINK

jmo (sheepishly)

Funny you should mention that. There is no set time length for premeditation. It can happen in the blink of an eye. Assuming that the duct tape was the murder weapon, she wouldn't have died instantly and allowing her to suffocate and not take the tape back off in the few minutes it would take for her to die screams premeditation to me, IMO. But I was thinking about it last night also and I wonder if the computer searches will do her in for premeditation. I think that would be a wonderful dish of Karma, since I have always believed those searches were for GA and CA (possibly Caylee, but more them than anything).

scotslass
06-15-2011, 09:45 AM
I think the trial is over. I hope I'm wrong but this sure passes the sniff test of a Defense not presenting anything. If they were going to present, they would have been ready. I've not seen time given because they are not ready. When the trial starts BOTH sides have to be ready.

In fairness they did cite having to schedule witnesses, the state had court time of for the same reason yesterday.. I don't have a problem with them starting on thurs they just should have left the jury out of the court room this morning that was just petty.

BigFatMommyDog
KC really really thinks she is a good mother. She must be insane.

Unfortunately she's not. Or fortunately, I suppose

adb263

If that is the case and I was a citizen of the Great State of Florida, I would ask for a refund of the money given to DT!! JMO

luckyme
The state said earlier that if jury wanted to smell cans they would proffer court. (sp)

Linda7NJ

I have never read anything that can be describes as being "scared" in Casey's demeanor.

QuietStorm
There was a brief flicker of emotion when CM was praising KC's motherhood skills.

grammieto5
OMG he is soooo rude!!! AND who is that blond sitting behind CM, sitting there laughing???? OH boy I'm starting to get angry!!! time for a break!

barrysgirl
bobkealing bob kealing
#CaseyAnthony Nelson Serrano now on death row. Mason defended him.

THAT'S where I know him from! omg it's been driving me crazy for over a year as to where i know him from. I watched the whole serrano trial. thanks

yllek
Is it just me, oy does Mason seem disrespectful and condescending to the judge? Amazing.

Maybe it's just cuz Mason rubs me the wrong way; not because he's doing his job, but because of his manner (in and out of court).

Imo, Mason's style is long outdated - more bluster than substance...

Mountain_Kat
Duct tape over a child's mouth isn't painful? Good to know.

KMouse
Why is CM grandstanding? There is no jury. Oh wait...the t.v. cameras are on.

snowshuze
06-15-2011, 09:46 AM
No fractures found!!!Yep! Just duct tape over her mouth and nose so she couldn't breathe
Don't forget the chloroform pinging off the meter.

MvD
Loving dedicated doting mother. Riiiiight.

She looked like she might tear up for a second there.

She always does when they are talking sympathetically ABOUT her.

luckyme
OMG he is soooo rude!!! AND who is that blond sitting behind CM, sitting there laughing???? OH boy I'm starting to get angry!!! time for a break!

She works for him. a lawyer!

Mountain_Kat
Lay him out, HHJP!!

Oakley
HHJP looks like he's not buying what Mason's selling. lol

Storm
I half expect Mason to ride in with a civil war uniform, I can't help it every time I look at him, that's what I see.

Which makes me think about what Abe Lincoln would think of this oratory? ^i^

okiedokietoo
06-15-2011, 09:47 AM
CM: Charge Child Abuse - Kennedy v State -
Court said standard of Ag Child Abuse - court making error not properly identifying what is ag child abuse

Celt1997
Maybe I'm just drawn in by Southern Legal Eagles, but I'd love to go have a beer with both CM & HHJP together, and listen to them regale me with their knowledge of case law.

Serjen
Oh please let CM do the closing arguments and yell at the jury all arrogantly like this...let's see how the jury like it.

Mamabear1963
CM is getting quite excited...kinda like a last hurrah or some such thing...mumble...

Moe
Mason should win an Acadamy Award for this performance.

TortillaChip
ICA thinks she is going to walk out of there today.. not gonna happen

I noticed she looks tense, like she really thinks she deserves to win this motion !!! Or maybe that's her normal guilty look. I can't tell anymore.

Mountain_Kat
#2 has certainly been proven to ME.

Azcrabcakes
CM: No evidence to prove when she died, where she died, how she died, who was with her when she died and failed to rebut accidental death and efforts to cover up said death.

There MAY be no "evidence" but JB SAID GA was holding poor dead Caylee and ICA SAW her. Per the DT, both of these characters KNEW Caylee was dead. JB SAID Caylee drowned. Doesn't that cover "How she dies?" as far as the DT's arguments?

BigFatMommyDog
tell us how she didn't lie to the police....

Kentjbkent
06-15-2011, 09:48 AM

Everyone....

DEEP BREATHE...

HOLD IT..................

EXHALE.....

Rinse, Repeat....

wallflower67
why am I so freaking stressed over this performance? I know it's not going to work. Right? Right? Right??????????

Linda7NJ
Judge listening with arms crossed. Judge aint buying it. I think he's simply waiting for Mason to finsih rambling so he can say..."denied"

Enola
Hi everyone. I've been watching this trial every day and been incredibly impressed by the learned judge and his gentle but firm manner. I have to say though, that as an overseas viewer, I am dismayed by the tone of the DT when presenting to the judge - it smacks of a complete lack of respect.

okiedokietoo
CM: what has been presented to you and the Jury - mere presence of duct tape near remains, nothing but suspicion

Linda7NJ
why am I so freaking stressed over this performance? I know it's not going to work. Right? Right? Right??????????

Right! Not gonna work

shezcrafti
KC looks like she's holding her breath. Is that a glimmer of hope I see in her eyes?

luv
06-15-2011, 09:49 AM
http://i54.tinypic.com/2502m28.jpg
http://i51.tinypic.com/1060p79.jpg

BigFatMommyDog

Actually, I don't think he believes a word that's coming out of his mouth...

ami
Say What? Even in the DT's very own argument, she didn't monitor her daughter that morning and she didn't call for help when her daughter might have been revived. Tell me that's not endangerment?

hoosier_mama
I have a question... The defense has made many motions for mistrial along the way. Did I understand it correctly that the judge can put off deciding about a mistrial until he reads the verdict? Meaning that if the verdict comes back as not guilty, he can then declare a mistrial?

(Sorry if this is in the wrong thread.)

MissDiva
CM strikes me as the kind of person who, when confronted with someone who doesn't speak English, would start shouting in an attempt to get the person to understand him better.

Plus, with everything CM's saying about how no evidence has been presented, blah blah blah, I just want to know one thing: Is he a chemist/physicist/botanist/forensic anthropologist/computer forensics expert/doctor/medical examiner/crime scene investigator/hair and fiber analyst?

Azcrabcakes
Maybe I'm just drawn in by Southern Legal Eagles, but I'd love to go have a beer with both CM & HHJP together, and listen to them regale me with their knowledge of case law.

Agree to the HHJP part! Mason is too too arrogant.

darcedarce
Oy. CM thinks he's a preacher.

strawberry
Is the judge yawning or laughing? Or both?

luckyme
CaseyAnthony Mason: mere presence of duct tape does nothing more than raise suspicion.
by bobkealing via twitter at 9:48 AM

Mountain_Kat
Is HHJP stifling a laugh? :eek:

Mamabear1963
Oh please let CM do the closing arguments and yell at the jury all arrogantly like this...let's see how the jury like it.

no kidding!! But he had better not get too close...he is making me jump with his punctuated talk...almost sounds like he is spitting out the words!!

Softail
This is merely a formality. CM will be denied!

:denied:

:gavel:

jmfstl
AmandaOberWESH Amanda Ober
#CaseyAnthony If everyone knows Judge Perry will deny this request for acquittal why bother? Defense is building it's case for appeal.

Mendara
It is child abuse if you are NOT watching your child and she drowns and you do not call the police or help or never give her a funeral, instead hide her death.

MO - sorry but that is child abuse.

TotallyObsessed
CM is boring and his mouth of marbles loses my mindset.

Me ... listening to CM....:hypno::hypno::hypno::offtheair::weaklink::b eersign::sonar::censored::beamup::sheesh:

kathyn2
hmmmm Mason, the baby is found dead in a field in trash bags! No proof or evidence of negligence??? really?

MissDiva
Judge listening with arms crossed. Judge aint buying it. I think he's simply waiting for Mason to finsih rambling so he can say..."denied"

Agreed.

SarahEcho
The judge seems to be stifling a laugh?

watchinginky
Did I just see the judge giggling? He had his hand over his mouth and it looked like he was trying to keep from laughing.

shezcrafti
Did HHJP just suppress a laugh after CM said "there is no evidence as to the causation of this child's death. NONE!"

snowshuze
Pound the podium Cheney. It shows passion. :)

imawitch
did i just see judge perry put his hand over his mouth to cover a smile or a laugh? am i seeing things? lol

Cubby

I'd vomit. literally.

Ms.Heather
See the way these guys get up there so condescending... I believe this is how they have been with ICA since they've become her defense. Like... "Don't worry they've got nothing on you... you're going to be released"

The other day I was reading her jail letters over again to RA, and in them she was certain... absolutely CERTAIN that she was going home after her trial.

luckyme
06-15-2011, 09:50 AM
Is the judge yawning or laughing? Or both?

He was laughing!!!!

grammieto5
Before I walk away someone please tell me JP is the one makes the decision here???

MissDiva
HHJP: "Isn't that argument a little late in the day?" to CM. LOL

HRCODEPINK
When HHJP put his hand over his mouth a second ago, did it look to anyone else like he was trying not to laugh at this madness?

darcedarce
I wish HHJP could just stand up and say "Look, CM, we all know she murdered her daughter. Now step off."

Mamabear1963
Is HHJP stifling a laugh? :eek:

Arms crossed...or hand to face...almost shaking...

BigFatMommyDog
ha ha ha ha ha ha ! not arguing the lying to police, just his indignation

sophie01
Usually, this is much shorter. I think Mason likes to hear himself talk almost as much as Jose does:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Had to mute.... can't stand CM voice, and I just know hearing this would ruin my whole day. I'll have to get by with just reading it later.

Mountain_Kat
He WAS stifling a laugh!!! :floorlaugh:

Pattymarie
The judge seems to be stifling a laugh?

Saw that too!!!!

shezcrafti
did i just see judge perry put his hand over his mouth to cover a smile or a laugh? am i seeing things? lol

I definitely saw it too.

Softail
:lol: CM is raising arguments that he thought applied before he joined the team! :laughcry:

CJBP seemed amused!

wallflower67
so glad I didn't drink that 5 hour energy drink before this. I'd be dying of tachycardia. I'm seriously getting PTSD over this case. Not enough to kill anyone though.

luv
Did I just see the judge giggling? He had his hand over his mouth and it looked like he was trying to keep from laughing.

http://i54.tinypic.com/2e1ezgp.jpg

Bon
06-15-2011, 09:51 AM

No way for me, I'd rather watch paint dry then to be in their company.....

Now Linda, Jeff and Frank, I would love to have drinks with them...cheers!

imawitch
He WAS stifling a laugh!!! :floorlaugh:

I thought he was lol...I saw his hand go over his mouth and was like what they heck? lol

I adore the judge

GetSmart
Ok so if you go by what he is saying about things NO ONE can be responsible.. can't use any Kronk info about his duct past ?

lorann

This "oration" is not for the jury, they are not there. Not for the judge, he knows more law than Mason. It is not for the Prosecution, obviously. It must be for his scrap book.

ZsaZsa
Kc was not a full time mother, her mother Cindy was the real mother - KC was part time and the moment KC was forced to be full time mom and got in the way of KC and her man, Caylee died.

Caylee was only 2 1/2 that is not enough mothering experience to say she was a good mother, especially with the evidence that cindy provided everything for both of them.

MO

Yes, and especially since CA was the real mother here and called ICA an unfit mother numerous times... I'm sure something very neglectful had to be occurring on a regular basis for her to say something that harsh.

strawberry
What argument did he say CM was making a little late in the day?

Velouria
Maybe it's just me, but I cannot stand the way CM speaks to HHJP in such a familiar, disrespectful way. It's as though he's speaking to a naughty child instead of addressing the court. Baez may be smarmy with his Eddie Haskell-like demeanor, but even he is more respectful.

Just because Mason is older than JP doesn't mean he can unleash his considerable ego and throw decorum to the wind. Or at least it's not a smart move when his client's life is on the line.

Eidetic
KBelichWFTVKathi Belich, WFTV

Cheney Mason has started argument to convince Chief Judge to drop the charges in what's called a "directed verdict".. For lack of proof

21 minutes ago

jane the dood
06-15-2011, 09:52 AM
Did HHJP just suppress a laugh after CM said "there is no evidence as to the causation of this child's death. NONE!"

I saw that, too!

ami
Now he's arguing the statements she made at Universal. Saying that HHJP should inform the jury that if they feel she made the statement "involuntarily" they should disregard.

(hee! involuntary! you couldn't shut her up!)

coco puff
mason goes on about the "friends" that testified that she was a "good" mother. They had only known Casey for a few months. Didn't Jose challenge Amy's friendship with Casey as "only 4 or 5 months" so she couldn't have known her that well?

Linda7NJ
Casey appeared to be a good mother just like she appeared she had a JOB!

fifteen89
Listening to CM makes me think he'd like to be thought of (or thinks of himself) as someone like Racehorse Haynes. The story about him is that if you sue him because his dog bit you, his defense is:
1) My dog doesn't bite.
2) I had my dog tied up at that time.
3) You didn't really get bit.
4) I don't have a dog.

ETA: CM thinks he has the answer for everything.

imawitch
http://i54.tinypic.com/2e1ezgp.jpg

Mason is killing me with his blah blah bla, but I know its his job...

but the judge covering his mouth has made me smile, he was laughing, i just know it lol jmo

2goldfish

he missed his calling methinks.

Eidetic
KBelichWFTVKathi Belich, WFTV

One juror looked surprised when Chief Judge Perry said jury would be excused for the day

28 minutes ago

MissDiva
OMG, now they're going back to the Miranda Rights bit.

BigFatMommyDog
cage!

Softail
:doh: CM :tears: about her miranda rights AGAIN!

AnotherGladysKravitz
How is it that all of a sudden now CM can speak halfway clearly? Where is the fumbly old geezer routine? What a blanketyblanking blank!!

Mountain_Kat
Yo, CM...witnesses do not NEED to be read their miranda rights before giving their statements to LE.

Lexiintoronto
Before I walk away someone please tell me JP is the one makes the decision here???

Yes, I believe so

Moe
Here we go again with "She was not given her Miranda rights" moo

SurfieTX
Actually, I don't think he believes a word that's coming out of his mouth...

Well, HHJP did actually say that to Mason and JB a day or two ago.....

ZsaZsa
06-15-2011, 09:53 AM
This "oration" is not for the jury, they are not there. Not for the judge, he knows more law than Mason. It is not for the Prosecution, obviously. It must be for his scrap book.

HHJP has his "I'm tolerating this because I have to" look on his face..
here CM goes on about the Miranda rights again, doesn't he remember how HHJP ruled on that one?

Mendara
So KC thinks she is innocent of everything?? Mothers take note - if your child drowns you are free to not call the police and you may go out with your man the very night you claim your child died and not worry about funeral costs, just throw her in the woods near your home.

This is insane!

mck16
so glad I didn't drink that 5 hour energy drink before this. I'd be dying of tachycardia. I'm seriously getting PTSD over this case. Not enough to kill anyone though.

Does the State have the opportunity to do the same thing DT is doing? tia

downport
Having never before listened to a Motion of Aquital before, I'm finding this fascinating.
Should Mr Mason be succesful - it's been nice posting here for a short time but you won't be hearing from me again due to a major coronary event rendering me lifeless.

Ms.Heather
Her miranda warning.

As Yuri said: She was the mother of a missing child!!!!!!

The DT thinks that since they made up a new story in opening statements... that everything that was done under the Zanny the Nanny accusations don't apply! Give it up!

They were at the end of the hall when they made that opening statement weren't they? Like... ok ok... now I will tell the truth. I am assuming that when they start their case it will be something different...

KMouse

I have some Acute Stress Disorder going on right now.

nachomama
cage!

She better get used to being in a CAGE !!!

luckyme
She did not report caylee drowning! or call for help.

jmfstl
CM goes back into that ICA was not read her miranda rights. There was no need to they were looking for a little child and she was not under suspicion at that time.

okiedokietoo
06-15-2011, 09:54 AM
CM:
re: Standard Jury Instruction,
*Statements attributed to you by Defendant - going to ask you to give all of that Instruction
*YM did not read ICA her rights

TortillaChip
omg, miranda rights, that was already ruled on, but he wants the jury to know about that. I guess they want a lot to come in jury instructions?

Oakley

Yes he does! I just heard him say "holy circumstantial evidence" :innocent:

Camille
I don't agree with what Mason is arguing but I truly think that he is doing the best that he can with what he has to work with.

Moe
I wonder where ICA would go if she got out?

SailorMoon
just getting in so what is going on? I thought the state was going to do something then rest?? What is CM trying to do here?? Other than annoy me, make me laugh, and peeve me off all at the same time????

redkatrampant
My personal observation:
People in the courtroom that sit within the camera view, in the past have kinda half paid attention at times. Most seem to be truly interested in what Mason has to say this am.

TigerBalm

Mason you are wasting the world's time!!!

you too over there Baez, I know you were gonna say something...you always do!!

:D

ZsaZsa
How is it that all of a sudden now CM can speak halfway clearly? Where is the fumbly old geezer routine? What a blanketyblanking blank!!

I am having trouble following his train of thought!
Perhaps JB gave him some Red Bull...

MissDiva
06-15-2011, 09:55 AM
And now CM's talking about how in other cases they knew the cause of death.

THIRTY ONE DAYS is why we don't know the cause of death for certainty! YOUR CLIENT is the reason for that!

So apparently homicides that don't include beatings, shootings, stabbings, etc. are ok. They're not as "violent." I need to go throw up now.

laura08
HHJP has to have some kind of thoughts on Casey he's very wise I'm sure he has seen her smiles and giggling in the court.

grammieto5
OH god who does CM think he is, how dare he speak to JP like that. He is such an oh I'll mod snip myself here. walking away for real this time

GreenTeam
Is the jury present for this?

Steely Dan
This may have already been said, I haven't read the thread but I'm assuming CM is setting up a basis for appeal right now. JMO

rosepetal1065
Okay I finally get it.....ICA is good mom, who doted on her daughter, being framed by her dad and the meter reader.....because her hands are completely clean. eyeroll

nachomama

To the Bahamas with Jose....

gelfie68
Why do I have an overwhelming urge to own an air horn? I just want to blow it until he stops.

What'sThatClue
CM is making me zone out...hope this gets better.

redkatrampant
just getting in so what is going on? I thought the state was going to do something then rest?? What is CM trying to do here?? Other than annoy me, make me laugh, and peeve me off all at the same time????

His job.

Mountain_Kat
Wrap. It. Up.

Cubby

You suppose OJ has a room for rent? ;)

TexasDoll
UGH! I have a mtg in 5 minutes! SPEED IT UP, CM! :lol

taysmommy
Duct tape over a child's mouth isn't painful? Good to know.

to test that theory can we please place some duct tape over ICA's mouth and nose to see her reaction to it? If we promise to remove it before she dies :innocent:

BigFatMommyDog
I think in my next message board life form, I shall take on the nic of "Miranda Cage"

mck16
How could there be evidence of cause of death the poor child was skeletonized. jmo

Softail

The same place she would go when she stays in jail - HELL :devil:

IMO of course!

Celt1997
We all knew this would take awhile, and we all know that it will be denied, 100%. However, if this argument is not represented on record it would leave a very huge opening upon appeal, so just sit back, relax, and rest assured it will be denied.

sunsetbeach

I think she works for CM. Figures.

What'sThatClue
06-15-2011, 09:56 AM

No. They were excused until tomorrow.

shezcrafti

Fusion.

Moe
no...they left for the day.

Whisperer
Even Zanny the Nanny thought ICA was an unfit mother..

TotallyObsessed
waahhahaaawwwaaaaaaaa,,,,,,FGS....just let her go if it will shut him up.....waaaahaawaaahawaaaaa

Lexiintoronto

no, they were dismissed after the prosecution rested this morning

Wishbone
HHJP looks like he's not buying what Mason's selling. lol

Yes, at one point HHJP had his arms crossed in front of him(closed off) then he put his hand over his mouth(stifle himself)

salvarenga
Not trying to be snarky but Mason is coming off as if he's one of those holy roller preachers on TV with the raised voice and the pouding on the podium. RIDICULOUS! Just say what you have to say and sit down...leave the dramatics in the hallway.

zoey

remember there is that little thing with the IRS and taxes......

KMouse

and they would get there on Geraldo's boat.

Ms.Heather
06-15-2011, 09:57 AM

Right? Is she going to go back to Hopespring? Sureeeeeee.. with the big bad molesting daddy? Right. No fear then right?

Maybe JB or CM would take her in and hire her as a paralegal. lol

TotallyObsessed
waahhahaaawwwaaaaaaaa,,,,,,FGS....just let her go if it will shut him up.....waaaahaawaaahawaaaaa

Nevermind, I slapped myself. :slap:

Softail
Wouldn't be hilarious if JB objects to CM?! :giggle:

Mountain_Kat
I think in my next message board life form, I shall take on the nic of "Miranda Cage"

Since we're talking about cages, duct taping a child's mouth and putting them in the trunk of a vehicle might be defined as caging, don't you think?

fifteen89
Even Zanny the Nanny thought ICA was an unfit mother..

Ain't that the truth! Casey must believe it herself or she wouldn't project those thoughts onto her imaginary friends.

Mendara

Mom and dad would take her home I am sure. AKWARD. She would not survive in Orlando and would have to move out of town, she would be constantly attacked in the streets by mothers. MO

ZsaZsa
Yes he does! I just heard him say "holy circumstantial evidence" :innocent:

He obviously does not watch the NG Entertainment show. Last night she practically screamed at one of her panel when they commented that this was all a circumstantial case- "Of COURSE it is, most of them are, and that is often more reliable than direct evidence like eye witnesses'..... she has prosecuted (and won) zillions of circumstantial evidence cases.

Cubby
06-15-2011, 09:58 AM
my nerves are shot. If CM doesn't wrap it up soon I think I might be sick.

deep breaths......

Horace Finklestein
I bet he thinks OJ and Scott Peterson were loving husbands too

kantoo
#CaseyAnthony Judge may not automatically rule here because he was given case law some of which he needs to read.by bobkealing via twitter at 8:53 AM

homework assignment from CM to HHJP lol

PaperTigers

I want to know if she genuinely thinks she has a legitimate chance of walking out of jail at the end of all this. Or if she's already resigned herself to spending the rest of her life behind bars?