PDA

View Full Version : 2011.06.21 TRIAL Day Twenty-four (Morning Session)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10

Z-sleuth
06-21-2011, 11:25 AM
The court will not permit the witness to testify!!!

Kat
I have not reacted with any emotion to any part of this trial until today.

If this son of a biscuit gets a mistrail. I am going to be so hot.

mydailyopinions
Woo Hoo! Way to go Judge Perry!

Novice Seeker
CM should be up there with Baez. CM knew this was going to be an issue after yesterday's fiasco and what did he do?? NOTHING!!!

ZsaZsa
That may very well be true. But, he does have other more experienced lawyers working with him on this case.....why hasn't ANY of them (even the newer lawyers helping with this case) explained to Mr. Baez how the system works and what he can and can not do?? That makes no sense to me.....they are all commiting career suicide at this point!

I dunno, but my guess is that Baez would not listen to anyone else. I am sure that behind the scenes of the DT is utter chaos.

Dr.Fessel
Oh chit!!!!!

Bullwinkle
Richard Hornsby

"Next time Casey Anthony defense asks for mistrial, Judge Perry may just grant it, hold Baez in contempt, and appoint a public defender for retrial."

9 minutes ago

GreenTeam
Will not permit the witness testify on particular issue dealing with DNA on decomp.

SuziQ
Is JB throwing up yet?

Bobbarita
Yea HHJB! Not allowed to testify!

DairyGirl
If there is an acquittal, would Casey be allowed out on bail pending the next trial?

I believe if there is an acquittal she would be free do to whatever she wants. She would be deemed innocent and unable to be tried again for the same crimes.
If there is a mistrial she would probably be denied bond again and have to stand trial again for the same trial. At least that is what I believe.

JSR
06-21-2011, 11:26 AM
If this is kept out Casey WILL get another trial.

Blue Ridge
If there is an acquittal, would Casey be allowed out on bail pending the next trial?

Isn't she currently serving time for theft?

TotallyObsessed
The #CaseyAnthony defense team looks defeated. Casey herself has no reaction.by stevehelling via twitter at 10:25 AM

downport
Jose better cancel that order for his WS "I Survived The Casey Anthony Case" T-Shirt !!!!

CementPond
He gets ANOTHER do over? No way!!! Come on judge!

1tasha
I would be livid if I were Dr E. He has flown in from Holland, hung around for a few days, without any reports from the FBI on which to base his opinions, told to hop on over to do an unscheduled depo with JA, was then abruptly sent away...

I know this is the very least of it, but think of the money JB has wasted.

shellsbells
The witness is not allowed to testify in regards to DNA analysis of decomp in car. The defense will have until the end of next week to submit a motion for a Frye hearing, and then a Frye hearing will be held to see about the admissability.

Liz
Perry: Preparing report shld've been communicated to expert. Willful violation of discovery, substantial. #CaseyAnthony

by oscaseyanthony via twitter at 8:25 AM

"The court will not permit the witness to testify on this particular issue."

by judgeperrysays via twitter at 8:25 AM

chasing.halos
Perry says he will not let Eikelenboom to testify about DNA analysis on decomp fluids in trunk of car. #CaseyAnthony -jfell

technicalconfusion
MagpieFromHinky Pamela
kc is barely paying attention. She isn't looking at HHJP or Baez but seems to be doing her blanked stare into the room in front of HHJP

Drama Queen
am i correct in understanding that there will be 2 frye hearings now?

Oakley
Jeff was rude...:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I'm rude when someone shows up at my door unannounced

Mr Aston had just deposed for several hours another one of Jose's delinquent witnesses, on the eve of Father's Day! Then Jose has the unmitigated gall to send Mr E over to JA unannounced! I love the way Jose poke poke poke's at JA and then smirks and says "look at him!" when JA goes off on him. Deplorable!

Camille
Does HHJP mean reduce or produce? He's confusing Doc E with that question and there is a difference.:waitasec:

I think that he means reduce his opinions into summary form in a report. That's the way I took it.

LiveLaughLuv
Baez willfully violated the order...it was NOT inadvertant...not trivial but a substantial violation...

Leila
06-21-2011, 11:27 AM
I just got here (8:25am west coast time) and it sounds like someone is in trouble. JB didn't follow the rules and JB isn't going to let this witness testify at this time and is going to hold this for a Frye hearing sometime Saturday.

LadyL
SMACKDOWN

willful and substantial

does JB have ANY idea how much doo-doo he's in?

FaerieB
RichardHornsby Richard Hornsby
FYI, for all #CaseyAnthony followers, this sanction hearing Judge Perry is holding is known as a Richardson Hearing, after the case based on

Kat

No sentence was time already served but she would be on probation IIRC.

Sleuth5

If she's acquitted, she would leave permanently. The State would not be able to retry her on the same charges.

liltexans
Judge trying hard not to deny Casey a fair trail. He won't let Dr. E testify now...but will allow a Frye hearing nxt week
by amandaoberwesh via twitter at 10:26 AM

Bobbarita
What can I google to get more information on Frye (?) Fry (?) hearings?

SuziQ
Huh? JB still gets a do over?

Lanie
I don't think JB is doing this on purpose to cause a mistrial or get her an appeal. I think JB developed his theory really late in the game and is such a bad lawyer that he did not bother to understand the rules of this court and thought he could get these witness to testify to his NEW theory and not have to go back and reflect this info in the reports or depos.

MO

I agree. IMO, this is not some clever scheme involving massive strategies to get a mistrial. (and I don't even understand what would be the gain, this would be tried again) IMO, this is a very extreme example of a horrible attorney who should not be allowed to practice law.

Also, after watching Mason defending Baez to the heavens a little while back and saying Baez was getting a bad rap by jealous attorneys, I would be very happy to see Mason have some sanctions slapped on him, too. There should be consequences.

wenwe4
Dr..Eiklenboom (sic)
July 13, 2010 - hired couple days before
ever told you must render a report with an opinion - never other than

HHBP - provide following info...form written plea...expert cv, field of expertise/med speciality, statement of specific subjects will testify and offer opinion, what base opinion, summary of ground and reason for opinion..
Never told this.......that he remembers
living in Netherlands - contacted by phone, email and skype....do not remember put in writing a report....he has been instructed by Mr. Baez and Michelle - 5/2011 to today were you ever asked to reduce your report in written format outlined? last saturday after we went to Dist. Atty's office when we were refused....last Sat. wrote a short report.

between Dec. and May 1, 2011 - how many times communicate with DT? inspect evidence and shortly after talked with them lost contact didn't hear from him anymore....

were you readily available by email, skype or telephone during this time? yes dT could have contacted him....

JB - is this first time anyone ever asked you to write a report on a case? Not A case but ones with perameters like in this case.....based upon things you have done...ie: run samples of dna, inspect something....could be on investigations they have performed or going ovver other reports ....contact with your company back in Jan 2011 done with your wife and Ms. Medina - not directly with you....info got back to you from Ms. Medina to wife to him....object-overrule

Jb what you ended up doing was based upon what wife told you....short affidavidt...fill out all the work you had done up to that point....evidence viewing - went to inspect piece of evidence but denied, then inspected evidence and took photos....were ever told narrow or exclude from your report? No...the report you submitted was what you thought was required of DT - never spoke directly w/Ms Medina about court order - conversation with wife then later spoken to you....remember what your wife told you? no....don't remember conversation @ all...it was very busy transfer from Holland to US....didn't think much about this affidavidt - first broached this on Saturday afternoon discussing case after court session...write report topics talking about....not opinions you held before and we discussed prior to Saturday? correct - on Friday I made a power point presentation - general explain of touch dna and how pcr works - not specific to this case only to explain touch dna...upon conversation on Sat...immediately asked to take depo on new information topics might be allowed to talk during court - appointment w/SA office to do deposition - refused entrance by DA - JA agrees - what did he say? don't recall exact - not going to do deposition....was he polite? sounded kind of rude....JA shakes head and laughs.....instructed by Ms. Medina to do a report and email to JB saturday night.

JA - any opinion ....

Dr. said he got new info from DT on Friday ....FBI reports given to him on Friday - got the whole folder....seen reports before during investigation of evidence....form opinion about case ...during last week he requested more info - all digital info give....realize there were extra reports....

JB up

HHBP - reciting law McGuffy vs. State 2007 Fl Supreme court decision - 1) whether discovery violation was willful or inadvertant - on 12/10/2010 court entered order - granting States Motion for clarification for further discovery.....subsequent hearing determined some dispute prior order court enterred and include list of expert, subject matter, area of expertise for each expert.....debate about subject matter rather than substance....list provided by DT doesn't comply with intent of order in 11/29/10 hearing - clarify issue court ordered - where experts have not prepared reports ....both sides required to provide previously outlined ...court thought matter was clear - in Jan court back again to deal with issue again....going to back to 12/10/2010 - specifically provided respect to all other experts provided by 3pm 12/13/2010 different dates for Dr. Fairgrave and Dr. Bock to 12/14, reassessed court order and assess sanctions..l..it is Atty's job to

interrupted

Frye hearing will be allowed -

Mountain_Kat
DNA testimony about trunk liner NOT going to be allowed at this time.

pinkfly
Jose Baez has “issues”.

MissDiva
LOL

"We'll take that up...on your lunch hour." - HHJP to JB

grammieto5
06-21-2011, 11:28 AM
Oh. My. Godiva Chocolate.

RE didn't even get reports from Baez until Saturday? How could he form any opinion without them?

:-) Too too funny LOL

Liz
#CaseyAnthony Judge trying hard not to deny Casey a fair trail. He won't let Dr. E testify now...but will allow a Frye hearing nxt week

by amandaoberwesh via twitter at 8:26 AM

Dang! I sure hope that lady that had travel plans to the UK didn't get selected for the jury! JP told her they'd be done well before the 4th of July.

ZsaZsa

I think that was a foregone conclusion, way back at the earliest hearings his incompetence was glaring.

Fluffy Puppy
HHJJP: witness is not permitted to testify. Defense gets some time. Frye hearing will be after court, after dinner.
JB now talking about the SA giving him late discovery. Judge says later.

Oakley
JB: "one other small matter... state just gave me discovery with dvd's...)

JP: (to Baez) "Ok, we'll take that up at noon, during your lunch hour"

I love love love HHJP!!!!!

fifteen89
In my opinion, I think that once Baez realized that the case was beyond repair, he decided to focus his attention on trying to obtain a mistrial. I think that he is so pompous that he isn't even concerned if he is disbarred because he has made a name for himself with this trial.

^^^ How many seconds into his opening statement did he realize that??

I'd agree but I truly think JB (and his client) thinks he's doing a great job.

kathyn2
So Baez gets away with it again. No sanctions, still probably get his testimony in at a later date. No reading of the admonition??? I don't know where that stands either.

hpvdr
Looks like NO lunch for Jose. Maybe Casey can give him her bologna sandwich.

Bullwinkle
RichardHornsby Richard Hornsby

"FYI, for all #CaseyAnthony followers, this sanction hearing Judge Perry is holding is known as a Richardson Hearing, after the case (it is) based on."

1 minute ago

Camille
Ha HA! Taking Jose's next item up during lunch hour. Better call out for a sammich.

technicalconfusion
On your lunch hour, lmao!

CementPond
I'm really disappointed. Seems to me like all JB got was a slap on the wrist. If that. I thought for sure all "you know what" would break loose since this is the THIRD time now. Wow! Really surprised.

ZsaZsa
#CaseyAnthony Judge trying hard not to deny Casey a fair trail. He won't let Dr. E testify now...but will allow a Frye hearing nxt week

by amandaoberwesh via twitter at 8:26 AM

Dang! I sure hope that lady that had travel plans to the UK didn't get selected for the jury! JP told her they'd be done well before the 4th of July.

Yes she did!
Hope she bought travel insurance...

Florida Native
TBH you are correct. But both sides have been engaging in this types of gamesmanship (JA and JB).

I know everyone here loves the prosecution and hates the defense but I take an objective view. An example of the prosecution's games was Ashton's comment about Baez's texting. I am sure that I need give no examples to the memebrs of this board of Baez's gamesmanship.

Both sides should just cut this out

I respectfully disagree. I can put aside the fact that I think the prosecution is doing a much much better job and be objective. The fact is that this started a long time ago and the Order was put into place because of the game-playing by JB and his refusal to meet deadlines. I believe he was sanctioned for it as well. I cannot see how you could think that comes even close to a snide comment about texting.

Mendara
That may very well be true. But, he does have other more experienced lawyers working with him on this case.....why hasn't ANY of them (even the newer lawyers helping with this case) explained to Mr. Baez how the system works and what he can and can not do?? That makes no sense to me.....they are all commiting career suicide at this point!

Because they didn't have this theory either. When they came up with it they could not go back in time and change these reports, so they moved foward. It seems the theory was more important than violating the court orders.

Bottom line is that the JUDGE will allow the testimony therefore the defense got the information in anyway - even with a tongue lashing. He is risking his career, but he is getting it in, because the judge is scared of an appeal later.

Liz
Baez just had another 'issue' to discuss with JP.

JP: Ok, we'll take that up at noon, during YOUR lunch hour. We have a jury that's sitting in there.

Drama Queen
06-21-2011, 11:29 AM
Tit for Tat??? JB needs to graduate from kindergarten attorney school. This kind of thing is not going to make him any more popular with the judge. Tit does not know Tat in this case.
MOO

BigFatMommyDog
JB NO! It's 9:26!

Wholehearted
JP cutting JB off before he launched into another complaint about the SA and discovery. I'm exhausted by all this, so I can't understand how JP deals with it. Truly huge amounts of patience. Can't they just get on with the trial already?

JSR
Let's hope like hell that JA can come up with enough to get this testimony tossed in a Fyre hearing. If he can then the testimony doesn't come in and ICA won't get her ineffective counsel appeal handed to her.

mombomb
10:56 (no jury)

Court will come to order.

Next witness is Richard Eikelenboom.

HHJBP: reviewed instructions proposed by State and Defense. Did Dr. E provide a partial report?

JA: No he provided an affidavit.

HHJBP: I am looking at the affidavit. Is this what he provided?

JA: Yes.

All expert witnesses were required to provide to the Court complete statement of opinions, basis of opinions, data. These were due prior to trial. This witness report was not provided to the State until Saturday. You may consider this fact in judging the credibility of this witness's testimony.

JB: We maintain our objections.

HHJBP: I need to make an inquiry of the witness before imposing sanction. Bring the witness in.

HHJBP - Doctor, when were you first retained?

RE: First request was on 7/13/10.

HHJBP - were you informed that you were required to produce a report outlining the opinions that you rendered in this case?

RE: Except for the Affidavit, I was not told I was to write another report.

HHJBP - were you ever informed of the following: that he was required to provide his CV, his field of expertise, a statemet of specific subjects of testimony, substance of facts of expected testimony, summary of expert's opinion and grounds. Were you ever informed?

RE: He does not recall this order.

HHJBP - Where do you live?

RE: Prior to February he lived in the Netherlands. He now lives in California (?) They communicated by phone - email and skype.

HHJBP - Were you ever told to write a report in the above format?

RE: No I don't recall that.

HHJBP: Who was your principal defense contact?

RE: Mr. Baez and Michelle.

HHJBP: From 5/11 to today, were you ever asked to reduce your report in the written format I outlined including all of his opinions?

RE: Last Saturday he talked to JB and after they went to SA's office, he was requested to write a report. He wrote one last Saturday night.

HHJBP: 12/10 to 5/11 - how many times did you communicate with the defense?

RE: Lost contact with Defense at some point.

HHJBP: Were you available to the Defense?

RE: Yes.

HHJBP: You didn't disappear?

RE: No.

JB: Is this the first time anyone has ordered you to write a report on a case that had certain parameters?

RE: Dutch court orders certain reports.

JB: Contact with your company in 1/11, that was done with his wife and Ms. Medina, not directly with him.

RE: Yes. Info came from Ms. Medina to his wife and then to him.

JB: The Affidavit was done based on that information? Yes.

RE: Never told to narrow report or exclude things. Affidavit was based on what he thought was required. He never spoke with Ms. Medina on what the Court had ordered. That info came to him from his wife. He did not recall exactly what his wife told him. They were in the process of moving after that.

The opinions he formed on Saturday were first broached on Saturday. These are not opinions that he held before and had not been previously discussed.
He made the power point presentation on Friday. It was a general explanation of touch DNA - not specific to issues in this case.

RE: When he went to the State's attorney office, Mr. Ashton turned him away. He was kind of rude. He was then immediately instructed to do a report and emailed it to JB Saturday night.

JA: Is there any opinion that you expressed in your Saturday report that you could not have developed 4 months ago in a discussion with JB? If asked, he could have written a report about it. On Saturday, he received new information because he did not follow the case. He received his subpoena two weeks ago. Friday and Saturday he got new information about crime scene photos and FBI reports. He did not have all of them before Friday. He got a whole folder. He had seen reports before. Last week he requested more info after he got the subpoena.

HHJBP: Reference Richardson v State a FSC decision as amplified in McDuffie v State a 2007 decision, the Court will make the following fact - whether the discovery violation was willful or inadvertent, on 12/17/10 - the court entered an order. 12/10/10 motion to clarify. The defendant will also provide to the state that shall include subject matter and area of expertise. Court found Defense's list did not comply with order. To clarify the Court ordered experts to provide info previously outlined. Court thought matter was clear. In January the Court was back again to deal with this issue - going back to 12/10/10 order - info was to be provided by 3pm on 12/23/10. The same problem came up again and the court again specified what information and reaffirmed its prior order and assessed sanctions.

The Court finds this violation is not inadvertent and it should have been clearly communicated to the expert. The discovery violation was willful and not inadvertent.

Trivial or substantial violation? Certain opinions that will be expressed by this witness cannot be viewed as trial when we start talking about analyzing decomp fluid in a trunk. So, the Court finds it is substantial.

Prejudicial effect on opposing counsel? Court has delayed testimony from this witness so State can depose witness. If the witness had authored a report and complied with order, then this court would not have given the state an opportunity take his deposition. The question is whether or not to totally exclude his opinion about the possibility of DNA evidence and Frey issues and the court can not make that determination in this short period of time.

Exclusion of testimony is an extreme remedy to utilize in rare circumstances. At this time the court will not permit the witness to testify on the issue of the possibility of a DNA analysis of decomp fluid in trunk. Court will give defense until next week - by Saturday to file whatever potential motion to lay out for a Frey hearing. On Wednesday or Thursday evening the Court - after a one hour break - a Frey hearing will be conducted.

JB - I have another issue. Today we were handed discovery by the State....

HHJBP - we'll take that up at noon on YOUR lunch hour.

Velouria
Baez :liar:

JP :tos:

:trout:

:great:

Sleuths4Me
Oh JB bringing up CD's he received..trying tit for tat,,,Just give it up JB you FUBAR'd up bad

tehcloser
That was bs.........he still gets to do it. I'm about to vote mistrial.

BetteDavisEyes
Baez ready to take a dig at JA. What a big baby! He can't be wrong unless everyone else around him is wrong, too.

kathyn2
This was suppose to take 5 minutes and it took more than half an hour. Those poor jurors. Why did the judge only give 5 minutes on something like this when he had to know it would take alot longer than that.

ZsaZsa
I'm really disappointed. Seems to me like all JB got was a slap on the wrist. If that. I thought for sure all "you know what" would break loose since this is the THIRD time now. Wow! Really surprised.

No slap on the wrist, HHJP just found another wilful violation of discovery rules.
These are all accumulating until after the trial when he should feel the weight of them all at one time.

GreenTeam
06-21-2011, 11:30 AM
What's happening now?

aprilraindance
For the theft charges she received the punishment of time served.
She is in jail right now as she can get no bond on the matter of killing her sweet baby.

mydailyopinions

I don't mind. No doubt in my mind that JP will turn Baez over to the Florida Bar and with all his priors, he will loose his abilities by law to practice law.

fifteen89
I've noticed Casey wincing and touching her right side several times today. What's up with her?

Pebbles1968
While we're waiting on HHJP to rule on this witness....

My husband just announced that he's going to form a class action suit to sue all involved in airing the ICA trial because it only reinforces my addictive behavior about this case, takes up all my household duty time so I get nothing done, it alienates my affection because I'd rather hear from HHJP than him most of the time, and it will increase my health care costs due to my blood pressure rising. He welcomes other WS significant others to join him. LMAO!!!

My son says "Mom, why are you hollaring at the t.v.? They can't hear you!" Whateverssss....
Unemployed fulltime-student.. No insurance anyway...:)

chasing.halos
What can I google to get more information on Frye (?) Fry (?) hearings?

Case Against Casey: What's A Frye Hearing?

http://www.wesh.com/r/27284181/detail.html

shellsbells
So does ICA have the power, seeing all this stuff going on, to just stand up and say she wants new representation?

Dr.Fessel
What did Ashton ask?

Mountain_Kat
06-21-2011, 11:31 AM
What the heck are we waiting on NOW?!

reeseeva
Will Baez definitely be fined, sanctioned, after this trial?

TIA

Quiche
They better not shorten the lunch hours, I'll never get my work done!

ohiogirl
So Baez gets away with it again. No sanctions, still probably get his testimony in at a later date. No reading of the admonition??? I don't know where that stands either.

His Honor will not sanction until the trial is over.

FaerieB
CFNews13Casey Casey Anthony News13
Ashton wants to make sure there isn't anything in RE's PowerPoint about DNA he isn't allowed to testify about. #CaseyAnthony

nomoresorrow
If she's acquitted, she would leave permanently. The State would not be able to retry her on the same charges.

Oops, sorry, you're right Sleuth5. I meant if there was a mistrial and pending a new trial. TIA!

HotButteredGrits
What's happening now?

Dr. E is taking out any mention of DNA from his powerpoint.

JSR

We need to all have patience. The trial isn't over. JB WILL get his when this case is over. HHJP is in a white hot rage at the moment. And JB is just oblivious.

LDB knows what's going down. She knows that it's JB who might blow their conviction. It must be disheartening to watch all your hard work go down the tubes because someone else doesn't want to do hard work themselves.

Oakley
Huh? JB still gets a do over?

As long as he doesn't get a mistrial, I am fine with a do over.

<says Oakley, as she gnaws on her fist.>

pinkfly
06-21-2011, 11:32 AM
After all this I wonder what R elkinburgh is thinking about JB. Does he realize that, if allowed, he will be walking into a coyote den, and a ‘rude’ one at that.

BigFatMommyDog
I've noticed Casey wincing and touching her right side several times today. What's up with her?

I don't know, but I have been thinking it's time for some dramatic health problem from someone on the DT

Linda7NJ
I don't see a single piece of spaghetti stuck to the court room walls:great:

Trident
I hope they take Baez out in cuffs...I hope he's held in contempt and jailed today!

Cuffs, horror, idiocy, but I would like to see justice for Caylee, no matter which side it comes from. I have not made up my mind totally, nor do I sit day after day rooting for one side or another - I want justice for this child, only JUSTICE, is that such a hard concept?

kellter
Oh JB bringing up CD's he received..trying tit for tat,,,Just give it up JB you FUBAR'd up bad

I wonder if the state did this on purpose so JP can disallow confirming fair treatment knowing JB would try the tit for tat defense.

Quiche
The DT should quit trying the science, just bring out KC's pretty pictures and call it a day. jmo

Steely Dan
Dollars to donuts that JB slips this evidence in like he did the LA DNA test. JMO

Softail
Any bets on whether JB tries to sneak it in anyway?

Mountain_Kat
I might put the TV on and go listen on the front porch. I foresee a whole lotta nothing coming up.

Kimmer

TIA

I feel it will only be a matter of time before he is disbarred...And hopefully sent to jail

Cubby
The witness is not allowed to testify in regards to DNA analysis of decomp in car. The defense will have until the end of next week to submit a motion for a Frye hearing, and then a Frye hearing will be held to see about the admissability.

end of NEXT week? it is only tuesday? :banghead:

Macushla
06-21-2011, 11:33 AM
What happened to Dr. Rodriguez? Did he get beamed up by aliens?

Tipstaff
I agree. IMO, this is not some clever scheme involving massive strategies to get a mistrial. (and I don't even understand what would be the gain, this would be tried again) IMO, this is a very extreme example of a horrible attorney who should not be allowed to practice law.

Also, after watching Mason defending Baez to the heavens a little while back and saying Baez was getting a bad rap by jealous attorneys, I would be very happy to see Mason have some sanctions slapped on him, too. There should be consequences.

Mason is a BIG PART of the problem no matter what we think of JB. As an officer of the court Mason could have addressed many issues of JB's behavior and or pointed them out to the State, The Court, the FL Bar but he sat back and left JB continue. Mason is supposedly there for over-sight and assistance in this case. He is as guilty as Jose Baez.

Celt1997
Oops, sorry, you're right Sleuth5. I meant if there was a mistrial and pending a new trial. TIA!

I belive, yesterday, we read that the only way "double jeopardy" comes into play is if there is a mistrial that was not requested by the Defense, or a mistrial that meets a certain level of criteria. At that point a hearing would determine if the jeopardy rule applies. If it does, then she goes free, if not, they retry the case.

RayStar
CM should be up there with Baez. CM knew this was going to be an issue after yesterday's fiasco and what did he do?? NOTHING!!!

I am wondering the same thing. CM has the experience and does he not tell Baez is messing up/pushing his luck? Just doesn't make sense.

JSR

TIA

Yes, absolutely. and I bet HHJP will file a complaint with the FL bar.

Kat
Perry stated the other day that both sides have engaged in game playing.

Neither side should be engaging in any game playing IMHO this is a DP case. No room for game playing on any side. JMHO.

dog.gone.cute
Baez :liar:

JP :tos:

:trout:

:great::great: :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Tulessa
06-21-2011, 11:34 AM

HHJP is trying to MAKE SURE that ICA does not get a re-do. I have NO DOUBT that JB will be dealt with SEVERELY after this trial. :)

Liz
CFNews13Casey

Richard's wife Selma is also in courtroom this morning. They both came to U.S. To review evidence over summer 2010. #CaseyAnthony -jfell2 minutes agovia Twitter for iPad

JB: You have an accent! Where ya from?

Mountain_Kat
JB: You have an accent...where ya from?

UGH!

liltexans
Perry reading special instruction. Jurors did not give discernible reaction to it.
by bobkealing via twitter at 10:34 AM

Velouria
Cuffs, horror, idiocy, but I would like to see justice for Caylee, no matter which side it comes from. I have not made up my mind totally, nor do I sit day after day rooting for one side or another - I want justice for this child, only JUSTICE, is that such a hard concept?

We ALL want justice for Caylee.

TraceyLeigh
06-21-2011, 11:35 AM
Me thinks someone in here is gonna make me.... :razz: here in just a second. I better :silenced:

logicalgirl
JB: You have an accent where are you from?
Eck: the Netherlands - I apologize for my accent...

WTH?

RayStar

Yes I think the FL bar will shun this deeply. Baez has erred.

Dr.Fessel
Is this guy a Dr.? The judge called him Dr.

Dragonlady
JB to E - "You have an accent, where are you from?"
JB is rude to his own witnesses.

chasing.halos
"Can you state your name? Introduce yourself to the jury?" -Baez (then gives no time for him to introduce himself)

a.w.k.w.a.r.d.

Marina2
Now, you have an accent. Where ya from? - JB

JustMeDeb
"You have an accent, where you from?" Really JB???? Oy vegas!

LiveLaughLuv

No, he will deal with him at the end of this trial...He will not interrupt ICA rights to a fair trial...I believe His Honor should remove him to save the integrity of this trial and put CMason or AF as lead counsel...

technicalconfusion

Gas I would guess.

Reality Orlando
06-21-2011, 11:36 AM
OMG, he's a chemist...not a biologist.

Turnadot
wow..awk moment.

Just K
JB never resists a chance to insult the witness', the jury's or the courts' intelligence.

ETA: I am thinking again, again, and again, PPPPPPPPPPPPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSS.

Liz
I just have this feeling that ICA is now thinking about Joran Vandersloot, as she listens to this witness, curiously. That would be some match, wouldn't it!?

Actually, it would have been nice if it would've been her that met JVS over in Aruba instead of Natalee.

Amity
JB: You have an accent. Where ya from?

Witness: I apologize for my accent.

What JB SHOULD'VE said Immediately:
"No need to apologize Sir. "
Could've said something along the lines of "your accent is part of what makes this country great! "

TotallyObsessed

Richard Hornsby

"Next time Casey Anthony defense asks for mistrial, Judge Perry may just grant it, hold Baez in contempt, and appoint a public defender for retrial."

9 minutes ago

I vote LET'S DO IT. We all know JB would not stick around for round II

Trubie
CFNews13Casey

JB: You have an accent! Where ya from?

Again, I'm new at posting here... but dear sweet lord above! Can Baez at least SOUND like a professional?

BigFatMommyDog
JB: You have an accent where are you from?
Eck: the Netherlands - I apologize for my accent...

WTH?

JB is sensitive to the plight of minorities and immigrants

sleutherontheside
JB: Ladies and gentlemen, my witness came all the way from the Netherlands so we must be really believable! (my interpretation)

Uhhhhhh so did Joran van der Sloot.

Just saying.

andalso
Did anyone hear someone snoring on wftv a couple minutes ago? Who might that have been?

Softail
If I am on the jury, I'm thinking.... Jeeze they couldn't find anyone in the USA for this? :waitasec:

~Lisa~
06-21-2011, 11:37 AM
KBelichWFTVKathi Belich, WFTV
One jury looked up when the Chief Judge said defense expert was months late providing his report about opinions

Robyn623
Do you think the jury will find it suspicious that the DT had to go all the way to The Netherlands to get this expert? Do you think they will wonder why they couldn't find someone in the US to support their theories?

TraceyLeigh
Gas I would guess.

:great::lol::laughcry:

Yellow Rose
Oh carp, went into a meeting here at the office and I must have missed something really really good. Can someone brief me??????

Mountain_Kat
"You have an accent, where you from?" Really JB???? Oy vegas!

Folksy, yes? ;)

Solomisskitty
Now, you have an accent. Where ya from? - JB

Tactful.
Netherlands. Oh geez...van Der....nevermind. Different story.

Bon
No, he will deal with him at the end of this trial...He will not interrupt ICA rights to a fair trial...I believe His Honor should remove him to save the integrity of this trial and put CMason or AF as lead counsel...

Can JP do this if he wanted to?

Turnadot
'You have an accent, where are you from?'

'Krypton. We've been sent to destroy you. ARRRGH!'

tehcloser
It's great that JB will face sanctions AFTER the trial......but in the mean time, he has this trial and this Judge held hostage and the effects that it will have on this could become a total "fluster cluck". This can't go on. It simply can't.

pinkfly
NOT a DR

Cubby
LOL

"We'll take that up...on your lunch hour." - HHJP to JB

and I'll bet HHJP came prepared and brought a brown bag lunch for JB fully expecting more of his shenanigans.

JMO

RiverRat
It is pretty much standard op that DP Cases here get an AUTOMATIC Appeal so that's one that I'm not Sweating!

Marina2
06-21-2011, 11:38 AM
JB: You have an accent. Where ya from?

Witness: I apologize for my accent.

What JB SHOULD'VE said Immediately:
"No need to apologize Sir. "
Could've said something along the lines of "your accent is part of what makes this country great! "
He felt the need to apologize because JB made him feel small with his rude comment.

Ssejors
Again, I'm new at posting here... but dear sweet lord above! Can Baez at least SOUND like a professional?

No.. No he can NOT!... He is Just NOT capable!
Because he ISNT ONE!

Asking the Witness, "where ya from?" is pretty Unprofessional!

Macushla
JB: Ladies and gentlemen, my witness came all the way from the Netherlands so we must be really believable! (my interpretation)

Uhhhhhh so did Joran van der Sloot.

Just saying.

:floorlaugh:

Mountain_Kat
06-21-2011, 11:39 AM
Did I blink and miss JB's direct?!

LambChop
Mentions that Netherlands justice is different than US. I'm sure the Natalie Holloway's family can vouch for that.

Aedrys
Wow, he just watched Baez get smacked down by the judge after Baez tried to blame him and his wife, and now Baez insulted him further by asking about his accent. And he still has to endure a direct examination. I feel so bad for Dr. Eiklenboom!

And this case is just KILLING ME!!!!! Why is getting justice for Caylee SO DARN HARD? GAH!!!!

Turnadot
I hope Ashton's cross involves a mirror.

CementPond
Yeah, really. ALL that hub-bub for what? :waitasec:

biggirl

Neither side should be engaging in any game playing IMHO this is a DP case. No room for game playing on any side. JMHO.
The only "game playing" I have seen the SA engage in is not doing the jobs for the DT when they would whine Pretrial about issues. The SA did not jump through hoops to do the DT jobs for them. THAT is the ONLY thing that I can see anyone construing as "game playing" by the SA. There were no delays due to reports not being submitted during their CIC. I get sick of them being lumped into this whole circus. They have been professional and had to do double the work they should due to the slimy unusual DT. JMHO

ZsaZsa
06-21-2011, 11:40 AM
Is this guy a Dr.? The judge called him Dr.

No PH.D He has a Dutch degree that is between a B.Sc and M.Sc ...

Mountain_Kat
Wait a freaking minute...the witness isn't certified in DNA recovery?!

uklaw
I respectfully disagree. I can put aside the fact that I think the prosecution is doing a much much better job and be objective. The fact is that this started a long time ago and the Order was put into place because of the game-playing by JB and his refusal to meet deadlines. I believe he was sanctioned for it as well. I cannot see how you could think that comes even close to a snide comment about texting.

I was more referring to Baez snarky elicitation that Ashton was "rude" to the witness. It was snarky and not needed. But both sides have been giving these irrelevant editorials.

TortillaChip
I think JA just went up there to contest his area of expertise.

sleutherontheside
An aside......their lab is in their farmhouse home. Lot's of good info on the thread about them.

fifteen89
Are the pop tarts in or out?

StealthTheory
Baez asking q's like accents is his ineffective attempt to appear charming.

FaerieB
06-21-2011, 11:41 AM

Voir dire on his qualifications. ;)

Jetaime
Yeah, really. ALL that hub-bub for what? :waitasec:

I dont think we missed direct- JA is now doing a voir dire. :)

Oakley

TIA

I'm at the point where I am trusting he will. I'm trying to keep focused on the goal: end of trial.

mitzi
Mason is a BIG PART of the problem no matter what we think of JB. As an officer of the court Mason could have addressed many issues of JB's behavior and or pointed them out to the State, The Court, the FL Bar but he sat back and left JB continue. Mason is supposedly there for over-sight and assistance in this case. He is as guilty as Jose Baez.

I have yet to determine exactly what Mason's purpose in this trial is...whatever it is, he doesn't seem to be doing much except sitting back in his chair, resting his eyes and once in a while, mumbling a joke to HHJP. So, is he only there as a figurehead because he is death penalty qualified?

pinkfly
“...and you and your wife appointed you as ...” Love JA

momtective
I'll be curious and watching each of the individuals that have tried to either by actions or testimony, prove that ICA didn't murder Caylee and throw her lil' body into a trash invested area to rot. I can't imagine anything good in these people's future, as a matter of fact I believe all of them will experience excruciating pain and suffering in every area of their lives, the likes of which they could never begin to comprehend.

nachomama
http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fart001.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fart001.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

CementPond
06-21-2011, 11:42 AM
That will teach me to go get a drink.:floorlaugh:

I dont think we missed direct- JA is now doing a voir dire. :)

Marina2
The state objects to his qualifications as an expert.

STEADFAST
Wow, I just had to take a special break, and thought I might as well not bother to hear this guy's qualifications, 'It's not as if he's going to say he only has a B.S. in general science or something." Then I come back, and that's practically what it amounts to.

Mountain_Kat
How is this witness qualified as an expert witness in DNA?!

I'm leaving. See you guys after lunch.

Softail
JA objects to him being an expert. He appointed himself and his wife as directors at his company.

JB says... "Wait, I have more..."

:lol:

Clearly Confused
If I am on the jury, I'm thinking.... Jeeze they couldn't find anyone in the USA for this? :waitasec:
I just thought the same exact thing!

Ssejors
JA objecting to his qualifications in this area

Kat
The only "game playing" I have seen the SA engage in is not doing the jobs for the DT when they would whine Pretrial about issues. The SA did not jump through hoops to do the DT jobs for them. THAT is the ONLY thing that I can see anyone construing as "game playing" by the SA. There were no delays due to reports not being submitted during their CIC. I get sick of them being lumped into this whole circus. They have been professional and had to do double the work they should due to the slimy unusual DT. JMHO

I can't say what Perry was referencing when he stated he said both sides game played. Just repeating what he said is all.

Okay I'm lost what exactly is the title of this witness anyone? Thanks!

coloradoteacher
IMO, the SA is thinking that a trial that comes back for inadequate counsel/not allowing this witness in is far better than allowing this testimony in and getting an acquittal b/c of this evidence. Their goal is justice for Caylee and to put ICA behind bars. This cannot happen with an acquittal. So as much as we are wanting this to be over and done, the SA is looking at the big picture and are not worried.

babycat
JB: You have an accent...where ya from?

UGH!

I'm betting he asked this right off the bat so the jury wouldn't get sidetracked trying to place it/guess where he was from.

Dr.Fessel
No PH.D He has a Dutch degree that is between a B.Sc and M.Sc ...

I wonder if the judge saw Dr. in front of his name at some point because he did call him Dr.

Stella5
06-21-2011, 11:43 AM
So let me get this straight... Eikelenboom & his wife decided he was an expert in DNA and appointed him the director of DNA of their farmhouse business? This is just getting better & better & better! I guess no DNA experts in the States would touch this DT.

luv
http://i54.tinypic.com/x0qpth.jpg

sleutherontheside
Additionally....let's remember that this witness didn't even expect to be called until recently.

THAT was fracking priceless.

TiaM

I wish I believed that the Florida Bar had any credibility or "teeth", if you will.

First - after their initial denial of admitting Baez to the Bar, eight years later they thought - "Oh OK, well it took this dude 8 YEARS, but OK, whatever" and let him in.

Now, after NUMEROUS Bar complaints on this case alone, as well as on the Diaz case, they have never imposed any penalties on him whatsoever. None. Nada. Zip.

Baez is not afraid of HHJP's threats, and he is not afraid of the Florida Bar. Besides, if they do grow some (items in CA's purse), he's got Plan A1 all lined up with a couple of networks. :banghead:

Wise Old Owl
It's great that JB will face sanctions AFTER the trial......but in the mean time, he has this trial and this Judge held hostage and the effects that it will have on this could become a total "fluster cluck". This can't go on. It simply can't.
Wait until they get to Bill Rodriguez and how he testified that he's a co-founder of the Body Farm - which HE ISN'T.

Its only going to get worse.

Eidetic
Are the pop tarts in or out?

They're in.

fifteen89
Baez asking q's like accents is his ineffective attempt to appear charming.

Ugh. Just ugh.

costalpilot
wow the gift that just keeps on giving (that doesn't makes sense---neither does this from today....6-21-2011):

Jose Baez to da judge :

".....that type of testing is unique. we requested that they be allowed to test items and that of course was objected to by the state and and uh the state uh granted or sustained their objection, denied our opportunity to have him test these items due to a very specialized field, subfield, of dna that he is one of the pioneers of uh in the alternative of we were granted the ability to test certain items by an outside lab...."

That is what Jose said. Does anyone have ANY idea what he is trying to say?

Soulmagent
HHJP is trying to MAKE SURE that ICA does not get a re-do. I have NO DOUBT that JB will be dealt with SEVERELY after this trial. :)

Well quite honestly I do think she deserves a do over. Her lawyer is very bad. Not objecting to things he should have ,siting ineffective case laws, not having reports ready or completed.

There are many many things that show examples of that in this trial.

Daiz Also deserves a new trial based on his same ineffective counsil.

Baez has said himself ,maybe I am not explaining this right or maybe I am not being clear etc.. it is all over court record that he is even doubting himself.

STEADFAST
“...and you and your wife appointed you as ...” Love JA

Well, his wife is going to fire him when she finds out he let Baez blame her for the report "kerfuffle."

logicalgirl
06-21-2011, 11:44 AM
This AM we have had the Defence Witnesses Dr. Bock and Dr. Eckinbloom.

Apparently LG has again dropped into the Mad Hatter's Tea Party!

~Lisa~
RedHuberRed Huber
George Anthony is not in #caseyanthony courtroom.

aprilraindance
This poor witness is an expert in what exactly? I am not a stupid person but I am not a brain surgeon either.. I am lost here ... :maddening:

greycoupon
After all this I wonder what R elkinburgh is thinking about JB. Does he realize that, if allowed, he will be walking into a coyote den, and a ‘rude’ one at that.

A den blessed with coyotes?

Turnadot
I have a lot of respect for scientists all over the world, but Ashton has every right to challenge this crap. And IMO, it's crap. They appointed themselves, and word 'round the campfire is they aren't all they claim to be, in regards to touch DNA.

wundermommy76
Because they didn't have this theory either. When they came up with it they could not go back in time and change these reports, so they moved foward. It seems the theory was more important than violating the court orders.

Bottom line is that the JUDGE will allow the testimony just not now and therefore the defense got the information in anyway - even with a tongue lashing. He is risking his career, but he is getting it in, because the judge is scared of an appeal later.

Agreed. Personally, I think JP should do everything and anything he can to make sure this does not end with a mistrial or get verdict turned on appeal. I believe that even if there is an appeal for ineffective counsel (which I believe the DT is totally all on board with) that it will be proven that Mr. Baez was given every chance available to do his job and allow his client a fair trial. It may be frustrating that this may take a couple extra weeks or that Baez didn't get a punishment harsher than he deserved, but I think that is being done to prevent a mistrial......hopefully this all works and this case can be seen to the end. JP obviously has amazing restraint.

biggirl
06-21-2011, 11:45 AM
He is NOT an expert!!! GEEZ JB had to go to Nebraska and to Netherlands to find "experts" to testify for him. GEEZ ALSO I feel sorry for HHBP, He has has had to do triple the work of a normal trial Judge just to try and cover for all the mistakes the DT has made. GEEZ

USARDOG

I respectfully disagree. "Game playing" is an essential portion of the trial process. A good attorney knows what games to play and how far to push them, i.e., Johnny C in the OJ trial. "If the glove doesn't fit, you must acquit," This whole thing was a game and it got OJ out of a murder conviction. IMO an attorney who doesn't play games is about to be out played. I recently got to watch a brilliant attorney play the, "I'm only a poor'ol country boy," game and he was amazing at it.

magnolia
IMO, SMART for Jeff Ashton to end on "a dog buried it."

But...no coyotes in Florida? Umm...really? I thought there were... http://www.stpete.org/wildlife/florida_coyote.asp

I was surprised to hear that.

Soulmagent
06-21-2011, 11:46 AM
wow the gift that just keeps on giving (that doesn't makes sense---neither does this from today....6-21-2011):

Jose Baez to da judge :

".....that type of testing is unique. we requested that they be allowed to test items and that of course was objected to by the state and and uh the state uh granted or sustained their objection, denied our opportunity to have him test these items due to a very specialized field, subfield, of dna that he is one of the pioneers of uh in the alternative of we were granted the ability to test certain items by an outside lab...."

That is what Jose said. Does anyone have ANY idea what he is trying to say?

yes. It is HHJP faulty the items were not tested. I think thats what he meant.

pinkfly
Well quite honestly I do think she deserves a do over. Her lawyer is very bad. Not objecting to things he should have ,siting ineffective case laws, not having reports ready or completed.

Baez has said himself ,maybe I am not explaining this right or maybe I am not being clear etc.. it is all over court record that he is even doubting himself.

But ICA has been asked repeatedly whether she is happy with her counsel and if she wants him to continue. He is her choice.

TortillaChip
If I were a juror, I would be wondering why JB couldn't just get someone form here, from an acredited touch dna lab. I am not saying this couple is not qualified, just that as a juror I would wonder about all of this. The touch dna I guess will come in, after the frye hearing.

Liz
KBelichWFTV

One jury looked up when the Chief Judge said defense expert was months late providing his report about opinions
10 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

kathyn2
I don't see this guy is an expert? How can the judge let him in as an expert??? Maybe his country has alot less qualifications than our country???

AMMich
While we're waiting on HHJP to rule on this witness....

My husband just announced that he's going to form a class action suit to sue all involved in airing the ICA trial because it only reinforces my addictive behavior about this case, takes up all my household duty time so I get nothing done, it alienates my affection because I'd rather hear from HHJP than him most of the time, and it will increase my health care costs due to my blood pressure rising. He welcomes other WS significant others to join him. LMAO!!!

LOL! I asked my DH turn off a movie last night at 8pm to watch Nancy Grace and he took me by the shoulders and looked into my eyes and jokingly reminded me that one day this trial will be over. Which as this point, I am not so sure!

fifteen89
06-21-2011, 11:47 AM
Well, Council and a thousand other people here on this board are questioning it, JB.

JSR
TBH you are correct. But both sides have been engaging in this types of gamesmanship (JA and JB).

I know everyone here loves the prosecution and hates the defense but I take an objective view. An example of the prosecution's games was Ashton's comment about Baez's texting. I am sure that I need give no examples to the memebrs of this board of Baez's gamesmanship.

Both sides should just cut this out

I must respectively disagree. But I do absolutely respect your opinions.

There is a HUGE, gigantic, monumental difference between a snide comment from JA in court about JB texting (which was indeed rude to the Court and to JA) and JB failing to fulfill his obligations to his client and the COURT.

Trials are not done by ambush. JB has tried at every single turn multiple times to fail to give the prosecution what is statutorily their right to receive. Reciprocal discovery is just that, reciprocal. HHJP has had to verbally and in written order form MAKE JB follow the rules, yet he still continually willfully violates HHJP's rules, repeatedly.

JB is indeed engaging in gamesmanship and IMO is disrespecting the Court and his Client IMO. This is ICA's life at stake. And he's playing chicken with the Court in regards to her life.

JA might make unprofessional and snide remarks while in Court but he's still abiding by HHJP's Court orders. IMO there is absolutely no comparison to the level of professionalism exhibited by the SA's (including JA) and the DT. The SA team has the DT blown out of the water in their ability to follow the rules that COUNT and their level of decorum within the walls of the Courtroom (and outside the courtroom as well).

All IMO.

wenwe4
HHBP - return the jury - reads statement no report until 6/18/11
Dr. Eiklenboom - from Netherlands - dna scientist - Dept of Serology...later biology....protein eletrophorensis...dna more involved in trace recovery for biology find all kinds biological for eletrophoresis ....any train on dna? yes ....biochemistry work with dna and try to decipher dna .....how long work dna scientist? 20 years....work for Netherlands Institute - little different than US - 2003 wife started independant forensic services - he joined in 2005....

explain to jury regular dna and low copy dna - object - voir dire...

JB - up highest degree obtained is Engineer degree in Holland - something between Bachelors and Master's ....degree is in bio-chemistry....study of luminol....lights up show where blood is....oxidized metals - used in finding blood stains....didnt specialize in biochemistry ....not true ....training in dna and bio-chemistry...last year @ his work he chose luminol subject.....try to make new solution of luminol which would not degrade dna, working for Netherlands Forensic Institute - din't do dna ....work in biology dept....train to be come coordinator consult on paper - certain investigations dna analysis but not that certified....done some dna analysis but not certified by that lab you did trace recovery and coordinating results - have to know some thing bout results - didn't actually perform, analyze or perform dna? no I coordinated....in 2005 you and wife opened business and you and wife appointed you as Director of DNA.....object as expert in this area...

JB - how many cases work did you recover and process dna in Netherlands prior to opening Indep. Forensic Services - when @ Netherlands Forensic Institute - get results from lab techs...during time @ IFS we did it ourselves....trace recovery all ourselves....trace recovery extraction training? yes of course...during bio-chemistry lessons - @ Netherlands Forensic Institute took 4 ? courses....lab was accreditation similar to ASCLAD here - dna labs accreditation - certain professiency testing....blind sample - use CTS American base company send out reference samples, crime samples....lab perform dna on that and send back results without knowing whether right...couple months later receive results....see how compare to other labs participaing the test....lab contracted by LE over 100 times...
in addition over 70 times as an expert witness in dna analysis - accreditation CTS testing very important - board accrediation in Netherlands yearly come by bring dna expert and they can ask anything of you - audit....first case in US case?

object sustained

JB just answer my question....case in US - what kind of case? object - sustain rephrase
sought out for your unique expertise object- sustain
sought out for what reason sir? object - sidebar!

Oakley
Agreed. Personally, I think JP should do everything and anything he can to make sure this does not end with a mistrial or get verdict turned on appeal. I believe that even if there is an appeal for ineffective counsel (which I believe the DT is totally all on board with) that it will be proven that Mr. Baez was given every chance available to do his job and allow his client a fair trial. It may be frustrating that this may take a couple extra weeks or that Baez didn't get a punishment harsher than he deserved, but I think that is being done to prevent a mistrial......hopefully this all works and this case can be seen to the end. JP obviously has amazing restraint.

ITA My only concern is Jose not be given so much leeway that he is permitted to get in unscrupulous testimony that will taint the jury's decision. I am trusting JP's wisdom in preventing this.

Kat
Baez has me completely confused. Can someone please tell me this witnesses title? TIA!

Moe

I hate to type this, but I agree with you. This trial has become a joke, and out of control. I pray HHJP can right this ship, but I do fear inefectivenesss of councilor what ever it is.

Turnadot
Oh and by the way, it's the flipping USA, they have every specialist under the sun there. Why did Baez need to go to the Netherlands? Hmmm.

NavySubMom
JB has NO IDEA ** HOW ** to ask the questions he is trying to ask, due to his inexperience in actual trial, My opinion only.....

Softail
:lol: BS and the guy he is with talking about "crackpot" testimony!

Liz
06-21-2011, 11:48 AM
MarkNeJame

Eikenboom is another defense questionable expert. Won't be surprised if Judge excludes him. #caseyanthony #hlntv #josebaez #CayleeAnthony
2 minutes ago via web

Bullwinkle
Baez: "Were you sought out because of your athletic prowess including your ability to leap tall buildings?"

BritsKate
Objection - Sustained
Objection - Sustained
Obejction - Sustained
Objection - May we approach?

ALL in 15 seconds!

mombomb
Jury coming back in (11:31)

Instructions: All experts were required to provide reports - complete statement of opinions, reasons for opinions, any data or other info considered in forming opinions. These were due at a time prior to this trial. The report of this witness was not provided to the State until 6/18/11. You may consider this fact in judging the credibility of the testimony of this witness.

DIRECT EXAMINATION OF RICHARD EIKELENBOOM BY JB:

He is a DNA scientist from the Netherlands.

Education - worked for National lab in Netherlands in early nineties in the department of serology and then department of biology. During his training he received an education in DNA. He has been working as a DNA scientist for about 20 years. In 2003 his wife developed an independent lab and he joined her.

Regular DNA and low copy DNA?

OBJECTION BY JA

VOIR DIRE BY JA

Highest degree is an engineer's degree in Holland? Somewhere between a BS and MS? Yes. Degree in bio-chemistry and specialization is in luminal. Also worked for Netherlands Institute. He worked in biology department. During training he became coordinator with emphasis on trace recovery - not DNA analysis or extraction. He was not certified by the lab to do DNA analysis.

In 2005 he and his wife opened a business. He and his wife appointed him Director of DNA.

JA - We object to his qualifications in this area.

JA - how many cases did you work where you recovered DNA and processed it prior to his independent lab? As coordinator he worked on a lot of high profile cases where he received results from laboratory techs. At his independent company he did not have lab techs, so he did it. He received training in the items required to run DNA analysis.

His lab is accredited by the Holland accreditation board. The require proficiency testing.

His lab has been contacted by Holland LE over 100 times to conduct DNA analysis.

He has been qualified to testify on DNA over 70 times.

Accreditation includes CTS testing and a yearly site visit, bringing a forensic DNA expert to review reports and ask questions (audits).

He became involved in cases in U.S. - the Picasso case?

OBJECTION BY JA - SUSTAINED

He was contacted on a case in the U.S. What type of case?

OBJECTION BY JA - SUSTAINED

Were you sought out...

OBJECTION BY JA - Relevance -

SIDEBAR #3 (11:47)

Shyla
But ICA has been asked repeatedly whether she is happy with her counsel and if she wants him to continue. He is her choice.

I totally agree. She dug her heels in after being advised over and over to seek a new attorney. You made your bed ICA...

tehcloser
ugh.......this is sad. On so many levels.

cloud9
06-21-2011, 11:49 AM
My head hurts. Does anyone know who is testifying after lunch?

TiaM
Sidebar as JB is unable to stop asking the same question after HHJP "sustained" the State's objection 3 TIMES!!!!!

JB's big daddy up at sidebar to tell him what to say. Glad he woke up to join us.

Florida Native
I must respectively disagree. But I do absolutely respect your opinions.

There is a HUGE, gigantic, monumental difference between a snide comment from JA in court about JB texting (which was indeed rude to the Court and to JA) and JB failing to fulfill his obligations to his client and the COURT.

Trials are not done by ambush. JB has tried at every single turn multiple times to fail to give the prosecution what is statutorily their right to receive. Reciprocal discovery is just that, reciprocal. HHJP has had to verbally and in written order form MAKE JB follow the rules, yet he still continually willfully violates HHJP's rules, repeatedly.

JB is indeed engaging in gamesmanship and IMO is disrespecting the Court and his Client IMO. This is ICA's life at stake. And he's playing chicken with the Court in regards to her life.

JA might make unprofessional and snide remarks while in Court but he's still abiding by HHJP's Court orders. IMO there is absolutely no comparison to the level of professionalism exhibited by the SA's (including JA) and the DT. The SA team has the DT blown out of the water in their ability to follow the rules that COUNT and their level of decorum within the walls of the Courtroom (and outside the courtroom as well).

All IMO.

Thank you. You said what I was trying to say so much better.

cityslick
LOL! I asked my DH turn off a movie last night at 8pm to watch Nancy Grace and he took me by the shoulders and looked into my eyes and jokingly reminded me that one day this trial will be over. Which as this point, I am not so sure!

Choosing NG over a movie? Isn't that grounds for a divorce right there? :floorlaugh:

tragco
Baez is just so far out of his league. Let DCS ask the questions, let CM ask. The time would be cut in half. When Baez is on the stand it's all objection, sustained, objection, sustained, sidebar. He has so little grasp of what to ask a witness and how to do it.

Sleuth5
I don't see this guy is an expert? How can the judge let him in as an expert??? Maybe his country has alot less qualifications than our country???

Academic qualifications are taken very seriously in Europe.

SevenSeas
06-21-2011, 11:50 AM
Oy, my head hurts! :pullhair:

MissJames
Baez has me completely confused. Can someone please tell me this witnesses title? TIA!

He has no MD or Ph.D. He's not a Dr. he's a Mister

Dragonlady
That's what I want to know, it seems like he is not qualified as a DNA expert per US guidelines.

Talina
Oh and by the way, it's the flipping USA, they have every specialist under the sun there. Why did Baez need to go to the Netherlands? Hmmm.

IMO - to get in the "junk science" testimony perhaps?

Softail
He testified in Colorado 2 3 times as an expert..

technicalconfusion
MarkNeJame Mark NeJame
Eikenboom is another defense questionable expert. Won't be surprised if Judge excludes him. #caseyanthony #hlntv #josebaez #CayleeAnthony
5 minutes ago

TotallyObsessed
I am 53. Is it too late to go to law school so I can apply for a job to work with Jeff Ashton?

Soulmagent

She doesnt know any better.

I dont know if she will get a do over but I do think she deserves one.

Robyn623
My head hurts. Does anyone know who is testifying after lunch?

YM is there but I dont know if he is next.

fifteen89
Testified twice. Corrected himself to three times.

ETA: In Colorado.

Liz
CFNews13Casey

Eikelenboom says he has been called to tesify as an expert more than 70 times. #CaseyAnthony -jfell
half a minute ago via Twitter for iPad

Has testified twice in the U.S. (now Dr E corrected it to 3 times) in the state of Colorado.

chasing.halos
06-21-2011, 11:51 AM
#CayleeAnthony Couple back row jurors taking swig of water. Now six is in front row. Two looking extra zen-like today.

wundermommy76

Exactly. And I think that when an appeal is made for ineffective counsel this will be taken into consideration along with JP's many efforts to school Baez and allow certain things (such as a frye hearing in the middle of this trial) to prevent a guilty verdict being overturned. Hopefully!!!!:twocents:

Amity
Just before sidebar, Regarding Jb not being able to form his last question correctly requiring all the Objections:

I can bet my first-born that at least 75% of WS'ers, not counting the excellent Legal Eagles here, could've formed that question in a way that wouldn't have received an objection from JA.

TortillaChip
Setting up their lab now, trying to accredited......hmmmm, jury will consider all of this.

Tulessa

Please say it didn't take JB to make you come out of lurkdom? :floorlaugh:

:welcome: Trubie!

octobermoon
I want to say that not all of Colorado is ???? this inept!!!

Kat
He has no MD or Ph.D. He's not a Dr. he's a Mister

Thank you MissJames! :blowkiss:

OT I quit smoking 8 months ago (after a decades long habit) and flippin' Baez is making me want one so bad today LOL Hah!

Talina

I believe he called himself a "forensic scientist"

andalso
Dumb question but is the jury in the room right now?

Drama Queen
Choosing NG over a movie? Isn't that grounds for a divorce right there? :floorlaugh:

Unless that movie was "JACKASS." Then I am not sure.

LancelotLink
Nevermind, my question was answered. I was going on what HHJBP said about not sending evidence out of the country and remembered JB telling him that Eiklenbloom was setting up a lab in Colorado.

Still setting it up...
Carry on...

Sleuth5
I am 53. Is it too late to go to law school so I can apply for a job to work with Jeff Ashton?

No. We recently had a seventy-year-old graduate from our graduate program with his Ph.D.

egnarts
06-21-2011, 11:52 AM
IMO, the SA is thinking that a trial that comes back for inadequate counsel/not allowing this witness in is far better than allowing this testimony in and getting an acquittal b/c of this evidence. Their goal is justice for Caylee and to put ICA behind bars. This cannot happen with an acquittal. So as much as we are wanting this to be over and done, the SA is looking at the big picture and are not worried.

Jumping off your post...
Many talking acquittal. Are the charges against ICA an 'all or nothing deal"? Meaning, can't ICA be found guilty of SOME charges? And, possibly acquitted for others? Just trying to understand. TIA

ExpectingUnicorns
It's a good thing my laptop and tv don't realize what jeopardy they are in right now. LOL, they'd run away if they knew how much I want to throw something at JB!

BritsKate

He's MINE, MINE, ALL MINE! :great:

:shush: Just don't tell Mitzi and SOTS!

BigFatMommyDog
Regarding Jb not being able to form his last question correctly regarding all the Objections:

I can bet my first-born that at least 75% of WS'ers, not counting the excellent Legal Eagles here, could've formed that question in a way that wouldn't have received an objection from JA.

Yes - but JB is trying to ring a bell (that will be sustained) not actually form a coherent question

technicalconfusion

:floorlaugh: I was thinking the same thing...

whiteangora
I hope River Cruz aka KH brought a good book with her.

USARDOG

NO, never too late, unless you think it is too late.

cluciano63
06-21-2011, 11:53 AM
I totally agree. She dug her heels in after being advised over and over to seek a new attorney. You made your bed ICA...

One of our attorneys here said that doesn't really matter, that she is not expected to know if her lawyers are ineffective...just saying...

mydailyopinions
06-21-2011, 11:53 AM
Lunch break soon!