PDA

View Full Version : 2011.06.17 TRIAL Day Twenty-one (Afternoon Session)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10

Azcrabcakes
06-17-2011, 03:08 PM
everyone I know that spits.....very weak very very weak from a paid professional

Ewwww. I hate seeing people spit!

MissDiva
This is painful to me. I'm so embarrassed for the defense.

Not me. You reap what you sow.

Salem
There's nothing in this can. Wanna look?

Oh my gosh, I am cracking up.

Mountain_Kat
Bag of TRASH, Dr.Huntington.

Mendara
This guy is unreal now he needs a flashlight to look in the can?

teedie2
JA is using the Black Flag Super Swatter on the defense Bug Expert!

eaglemom
JA nothing in can - witness I would need to open can I would assume it evaporated

Oakley
MagpieFromHinky Pamela
Legal peeps are saying they think Ashton has turned the witness into a witness for the State. He wasn't prepared to go against Ashton

Celt1997
I love having a laptop. Cleaning the bathroom, and listening at the same time...priceless.

SillyJilly
Expert really is proving that old saying about "assuming."

suz1729
I have been out all day, Can someone plz tell me if the State is doing well.It will take me forever to catch up

MelissaLee
06-17-2011, 03:09 PM
Wow. Crash. And. Burn. The DT members each look as though they've lost their BFF.

moo

strawberry
Trial Notes
Ashton has ripped the defense a new one with this particular testimony. Not sure defense can rehabilitate sufficiently. #CaseyAnthony

pittsburghgirl
Anyone know how old the witness is?

I would guess early 30s, given how long it takes to do a Ph.D and get a rep in the academic field.

scarlett_hues
JB's head looks like it's about to explode! lolol

MissDiva
ROFL. JA is using JB's insistence that the witness is SUCH an expert against him. Loving it!

I see what you did, HHJP!

Sweetbaboo
OMG. This is so exciting, I am literally jumping out of my seat, whooping and cheering!
No episode of Law & Order or CSI will ever be able to thrill me now! I love JA.

Linda7NJ
JB texting away

help me?

yeknomaras
Slam!!

sorrell skye
If there is nothing of evidentiary value in the *can*, then why was it entered (from the bag of "trash") by the State into photographic evidence?

Etiana
soooooo embarrassing for the defense and Casey's demeanor in the courtroom today is despicable.

everyoneneedsavoice
Go Jeff Ashton!!

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Mrs. ENAV Ashton
Ms. Everyoneneedsavoice Ashton
Mrs. Everyoneneedsavoice Jeff Ashton

Doodlelover

If that was the case, wouldn't they have found a large number of dead bugs?

Casey or Cindy would have, right before they cleaned them up!!

Steely Dan
Geez, I'm gonna wake up screaming "OVERRULED" tonight if JB doesn't stop making baseless objections.

debloree
During trash examination for tobacco spit

Tipstaff
You think this is the hot seat....just you wait for Dr. Spitz's cross!

After today Dr. Spitz may be called out of the country.

KenoshaKid
says there WERE bug remnants on the can.

21merc7
JB and CM flipping out

NavySubMom
06-17-2011, 03:10 PM
I knew it was going to start getting ugly but I thought it would be GA's testimony to get things rolling. JB is very red in the face so he must be extremely embarrassed. You can see he wasn't prepared for this.

JB looks a little ill. There is no way he can rehabilitate this in any effective way. He can ask a few questions, but they will not have the effect of this whole cross. JB is cooked.

Turnadot
I don't feel sorry for this expert witness one little bit. He signed on for this.

whiteangora
an elderly female juror noticed kc laughed and said "oh my gosh" and pointed & told the juror next to her. A few other juror's noticed also" via twitter

TY, they are finally seeing the real Casey.

eaglemom
JA said no entomological evidence on cans - witness says it is in photos

Blue Ridge
I've never really seen bugs like it, Dad chewed and dipped after quitting smoking for years, had an ugly brass spittoon, no bugs, tobacco can and does kill bugs. Don't know what this is about. (Can kill your plants too.)

There goes the train.

Same here, my husband chews tobacco sitting out on the porch and has spit cups sitting there all the time (uncapped BTW)...we live in farm country with tons of flies around but come to think of it, I've never seen a fly even remotely interested in his spit cups.

azscr4mbl3r
he hasn't addressed all the Jose points yet... :rocker:

I'm thinkin' half the court room including the young doctor and Geraldo are ready to confess to the crime any minute now.... Gooooooooooooooo Jeff!!!!

momtective
http://i54.tinypic.com/2mg2f4n.jpg

http://i749.photobucket.com/albums/xx132/The_Missing/30db78p.gif

JSR
This is painful to me. I'm so embarrassed for the defense.

Not for me. This witness has been completely disingenuous. He deserves all the shots JA is giving him.

pinkfly
JA and LDB love Caylee Marie Anthony as much as we do !!!!!!

katydid23
You think this is the hot seat....just you wait for Dr. Spitz's cross!

But he will have to be gentle and more respectful of Dr Spitz. The jury will not want an elderly well respected Doctor being humiliated, imo.

21merc7
help me?

Probably to ask if this spit can showing being overruled is okay. IDK, he texts and gets answers, we believe, from someone with more experience.

SillyJilly
I have been out all day, Can someone plz tell me if the State is doing well.It will take me forever to catch up

This morning was awful. This afternoon JA is CLEANING UP! Suffering through everythign this morning was worth it for this :)

Donjeta
JB doesn't want to do it in redirect because he doesn't know how to draw those photos on his handy Wrinkle-O-Pad

my2sense
06-17-2011, 03:11 PM
I hate when JA yells and gets aggressive, though...brilliant as he is. And, yes, I think he's been phenomenal -- but he's making me nervous

KenoshaKid
Asking if human decomp ever smells like tobacco spit.
Witness waffles.

Amster
Why is this guy laughing?? OMG!!

Wishbone
OK this guy has absolutely NO credibility.

Mountain_Kat
Tobacco spit is a body fuid? Do what?

barrysgirl
JA: There is nothing in this can. Wanna look?
This was the best line ever! "wanna look?" I bout peed myself:floorlaugh:

countzero
Oh snap, HHJP just overruled JB without letting JB finish his object. Oh please, I need a break.

JustMeDeb
At this point, wonder if JB is thinking, ICA just plead already!

fifteen89

Calls for a yes or no answer, Your Honor.

That would be a YES!

fla*mom
Oh please, spit can smell like a decomposing body, no way.

MissDiva
Dr. Huntington? Give it up.

wvjules
OMG, is he really wanting the jury to believe that snuff spit smells like decomp?!?!?!? Holy Hell!

strach304
JA is my hero!!! Go JA & wipe that smile off JB's face!

I believe he already has. :great:

TexasDoll
Sugar/glucose check, anyone?

Curious Me
06-17-2011, 03:12 PM
JA saying tobacco spit doesn't smell like human decomposition ever. Witness can't even agree with that!

gxm
JA: You would admit that tobacco spit would never smell like decomp?
Witness: I wouldn't say that.

Unbelievable how much effort the witness is exerting to avoid the truth!

Sweetbaboo
help me?

:floorlaugh:

biggirl
Wasn't it Dr. Haskell who said that JB had not paid him yet?? Don't think this guy will get paid either. I have never seen JB look so uncomfortable.

Mendara
In my opinion this witness shouls give up and tell the truth.

barrysgirl
There. is. no. food. in. this. trashbag.

Wishbone
Why is this guy laughing?? OMG!!

He has to laughing at his own ineptness at lying!!

Florida Native

On a scale Of 1 to 10, the State is about a 25 right now.

MsFacetious
I wish the good doctor would stop smiling.

Me too.

I think that is part of what has Ashton so angry.

Eidetic
Tiny grin from Casey when Dr. H said; "there is nothing in there that I would like to eat". (the trash from her trunk)

fla*mom
There is No food in this bag! Lets be specific.

TortillaChip
when the witness takes so long to answer, that does it for me, and hopefully the jury. He does not look knowledgeable.

KenoshaKid
asking about food in back. JA says no food.
Witness says something in salami bag, could be food.

Salem
JA nothing in can - witness I would need to open can I would assume it evaporated

He examined this trash in 2010, right? So wouldn't the stuff have evaporated by then? It wouldn't have still been wet.

JA asks: tabaco spit doesn't smell like decomp, does it?

H: says he can't say that.....

this is unreal. Of course it doesn't. Anyone who knows a smoker, chewer, etc. knows it doesn't smell like decomp.

The dude is way to wishy washy. Science is science, that's why they call it science. GMAB!

Storm
He doesn't know if tobacco fluid ever would smell like decomposition??? He's lost ANY credability he may have had

bobloblaw
pull out the salami container for him!!!

JSR
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There has NEVER been food in this trash bag!!!!!!!!! Please FINALLY pound the truth out JA!!!!!!

TotallyObsessed
I can almost feel this spanking. #caseyanthonyby jimlichtenstein via twitter at 2:11 PM

Donjeta
06-17-2011, 03:13 PM
I have got salami remnants in my garbage occasionally and I don't think it smells like a dead body.

FaerieB
JimLichtenstein Jim Lichtenstein
I can almost feel this spanking. #caseyanthony

kantoo
Ashton has that sound in his voice as though he's getting to a big point.by Gabe Travers/WESH.com at 2:07 PM

...guess it was the "there's no food" in this garbage

GreenTeam
JA going to pull out the salami package, LOL!

21merc7
Bologna is now salami, and no one has ever seen it.

Curious Me
Something inside the salami package makes the witness wonder.

ZsaZsa
It is odd that someone who has studied science for so many years has such an obvious agenda here....:innocent:

Mountain_Kat
JA is mopping the floor with Dr. Huntington. It's almost...no, it IS...pitiful.

ExpectingUnicorns
In not readily admitting that the spit can never smell like a dead person, I believe he has demonstrated to us and the jury, that his testimony is quite biased. He did not seem to hesitate and insist on so many, if any, qualifiers on the defense questions.

mombomb
SIDEBAR #5(1:59-2:02)

DIRECT EXAMINATION OF DR. HUNTINGTON BY JB - continued

Indicators of what would lead you to believe the body was moved - the soil?

When a body decomposes, the body fluids come out of the body, and when it is outdoors, the decomp fluids will leach into the soil and changes the animal community. It was also kill the plant community in the area. When examining sites of decomp, there are relatively emergent fields in science that are looking at the composition of the soil itself to determine if it is a decomp site. A lot of this research is done at University of Nebraska....

OBJECTION - SUSTAINED

JB - so there is a stain on the ground where someone would decompose? Yes.

Would that include a body in a couple of plastic bags? If there is no breach to the bags, entirely sealed so that no fluid can escape, then he would not expect to find anything at the site. If there are holes in bag, fluids would leak out.

Examining a death scene outdoors, the stain is something he looks at to describe the scene. If a body is found outdoors and there is no staining...

OBJECTION - OVERRULED

Because you spend so much time looking at decomposing bodies, you come to look for these things. Anything unusual stands out.

Any other findings that would support this conclusion?

Were there early colonizers in the canvas bag? 3 puparial cases of colonizing blow flies. The only early colonizing insects at the site were in the bag itself. This reinforces the hypothesis that the remains were moved. If you have a body that has moved after decomp has begun, especially in a bag or container, you would expect some of the insects that have made the transition to pupal stage to be physically moved with the body. In this case not finding them away from the body reinforces that. They should have been found all over the place around the body in much greater numbers.

JB conferring with CM.

CROSS EXAMINATION BY JA:

Do you suggest this body fully skeletonized at another location? No I did not say that.

When he says the body decomposed elsewhere, he is primarily referring to the early stages of decomp which would be the fresh stage, bloat stage and possibly early active decomposition. On a child he could not give number of days to go through fresh and blow stage. He did not have the data available.

Accumulated degree days - average daily temp minus minimum base temp. Some scientists erroneously feel you do not need to do that. Minimum base temp is - a temp where biological processes stop.

2 days - average temp of 90 - he needs to know the average base temp. 180 accumulated degree days.

What is the equivalency between 2 90 degree days and 2 60 degree days. 1 90 degree day would accumulate 1.5 60 degree days.

At the scene, how long do you believe this body was at another location before it was moved to Suburban Drive? It is a hard thing to say because it depends on the environmental conditions at that site. JA - assume hot outside like it is now - 95 degrees. How many days before body moved? Probably 2 to 4 days.

He agreed that from that point on this body remained at that location from that point forward - assuming the remains were exposed to those conditions and no intermediary conditions. The scene is consistent with that scenario? He is hesitating because it is consistent with a lot of other scenarios too.

He agreed the body was in another location previously. That location - there were early colonizers present on the body in very low numbers so they had some access.

OBJECTION - OVERRULED

The insects had access to the body in early stages of decomp because they were there, and then the body was moved at some point thereafter.

There is a definite window where early colonizers lose attraction to the remains. They are not going to colonize remains not favorable to their offspring. At some point the flies decide the remains are no longer attractive and that point can be very distinct.

He did not say they were washed off.

Why aren't the early colonizers there? This is due to postmortem movement. Why didn't they stay with the body? Due to what the body is contained in, possibly.

A couple of scenarios - first that the body was moved late in the feeding stages of the maggots, meaning the early colonizers had left the body in large number with only a few remaining accounting for those found in the bag. Second - large numbers of maggots were removed from the body and the body was then transported. Third - a large number of maggots, the body was placed into the bags and then moved.

Fourth - the body was inaccesible to the flies? The body had to be accessible to the flies because they were found.

Regarding the decomposing pig picture - how long did it take the flies to appear? It is not simultaneous.

It is not possible the body was kept for a time not accessible to early colonizers? Anything is possible. He then stated "yes".

He gave two depositions in this case.

Regarding Dr. Haskel's opinion as to the lack of significant early colonizers.... Do you recall me asking if you agreed with Dr. Haskel's opinion? Please read Dr. Haskel's opinion.

OBJECTION BY JB - OVERRULED

He was asked in his depo if there is anything in Dr. Haskel's opinion of the scene that he disagreed with. His depo answer said that his report was very similar or the same as what his report would look like.

He was asked if he now disagreed with Dr. Haskel's statement that the body had been kept somewhere where early colonizing was not available. He said he agreed with it, he was just expounding with other possibilities.

Is there something about the environmental conditions ....

OBJECTION BY JB - OVERRULED

Is anything different about the environmental conditions? No.

Would you agree with Dr. Haskel that the evidence was consistent with the body being deposited there in June of July of 2008. Yes.

Is this body was kept somewhere away from early colonizers during early decomp? Yes, it would smell and you would not be able to get the smell out. He agreed the smell of decomposition is very recognizable. He agreed you can't get it out. It would smell bad and that smell would be difficult to get out.

When you examined the Sunfire in this case in July of 2010 (2 years later) after the trunk liner was removed and there was no garbage in the trunk.....

SIDEBAR #6 requested by JB (2:36-2:39?)

CROSS EXAM BY JA continued

When he viewed the trunk in 2010, he agreed there was a smell in the trunk. It was fairly week. Knowing there was once garbage in the trunk, he could associate it with that. He has never left a bag of garbage in a car trunk for a week and did not have that experience.

He was hired initially on Dec 11, 20-08. He began the experiment in September of 2010 - not specifically for this case. He had occasion to get the junk cars and then asked if he could do the experiment. He told Defense that he was going to do it. He has wanted to do this experiment for a long time.

Other cases with bodies in trunks - no other occasions.

Opinions regarding bodies decomposing in trunks was not just from experience in this case. There are numerous case studies. He is not aware of any that specify a small child wrapped in blankets and stuffed in a garbage bag.

OBJECTION - OVERRULED

WHY DIDN'T YOU WRAP YOUR PIGS IN A BLANKET? He did not wrap the pigs because that was not what he was looking at in this experiment. There are other studies that look at pigs in a blanket. In a bag? He doesn't know if that combination has been attempted.

What he was examining in the experiment was the flies' accessibility in the trunk. He did not include the barrier of blankets, laundry bag or trash bags. However, he would still expect to see evidence in the trunk. If the flies can smell it, they can most certainly get to it.

1 study he looked at involved a body in a bag in a trunk. It was a body recovered in Europe where the head of a victim was placed in a garbage bag in the trunk of a vehicle. There are many studies that look at barrier efficiency. He did not mean to imply that there is no way the bag could be a barrier.

Why wouldn't a bag keep bugs out? If the smells can get out of the bag, that indicates that it is not air tight. If a fly can smell the odors of decomposition, a female fly will deposit eggs on the outside layer near the knot of the bag if they can't get in. Then, when the maggots hatch, they will crawl in.

Did you experiment on the effects of chloroform on attracting flies?

OBJECTION - outside of scope - OVERRULED

Did you experiment with chloroform?

OBJECTION - outside of scope - OVERRULED

No. He did not. High concentrations of chloroform can kill insects.

Hypothetical - body is in trunk for a day or 2

OBJECTION - OVERRULED

Hypothetical - individual is placed in trunk alive, dies in trunk, large amounts of chloroform on the body and in the air - effect of this on early colonizers? Because there has been no research on that specific topic, he doesn't know if there is a good answer. The chloroform has to be sufficiently high to displace the oxygen. If chloroform acts as most chemicals do that have been studied, the effect is very short lasting.

If you change the air, you change the colonizers?

OBJECTION - OVERRULED

Flies can detect parts per billion. Were there anything other than a complete displacement, the flies would still be attracted. He agreed there have been no studies of this.

The flies don't smell the odor the same way we do. They pick up on individual molecules that are emitted. Changing the content of the air, you would have to replace every single one of the volatile sulfur compounds that the flies are attracted to.

He acknowledges there are no studies with chloroform and flies.

Paper towels - what was on them? He does not know what was on them. He has a report that states that it was fatty acids.

OBJECTION BY JB - what report?

Page 7 of Dr. Vass's report. Fatty acids - like adipocere or grave wax. He did not examine the paper towels. He assumes Dr. Vass is correct.

Would the flies be attracted to adipocere? Yes, they would be. Yet, you think it is the tobacco spit they were attracted to, rather than the adipocere.

HHJBP - PLEASE LET THE WITNESS FINISH

He did not consider the tobacco spit as a little bit. The presence of the flies on the towel is not something you would expect to find if it was adipocere because they would not tend to pupate near their food source.

He was shown the photo which showed the container that contained the tobacco spit. He said that was one of several. He showed several tops of cans that were used as spittoons. He said you could see the remnants - everyone he has met that spits into a can and leaves them around - look exactly like that. He has photos on a computer. JA is now preparing to show him the actual items.

OBJECTION BY JB - wants JA to use photos instead - OVERRULED

He was shown Exhibit 136 and stated it looked like a can, but not one of the ones he was talking about. Exhibit 10 - that's what he is talking about -

OBJECTION BY JB - He wants to see the item.

This would have easily attracted scuttle flies. JA - there is nothing in the can. He would need a flash light or the can cut open. He was not sure if he had records that indicated the cans were empty. One could assume that a bag of garbage with tobacco chew in a trunk of a car would evaporate. Do you recall being told the cans were empty?

OBJECTION - hearsay - OVERRULED

He was shown the inventory and agreed they all indicated they were empty. No entomological remnants were found in the cans. There were photos that showed some ON the cans.

OBJECTION BY JB - witness should be allowed to see the pictures - OVERRULED

Tobacco spit does not smell like human decomp, ever? He could not qualify it with "ever". Saliva can smell like a full decomposing body? Not what I'm saying. He would not assume the tobacco spit to smell like a decomposing human person. Do you agree there was no food in the bag? He stated there is a photo of the salami container that shows something inside of it.

RECESS at 3:13 to 3:30.

Bon
A tweet from Magpie says a juror saw Casey laugh....looked shocked and told the juror next to her...!

I sure hope it was juror #4 :)

Wishbone
In my opinion this witness shouls give up and tell the truth.

I'm just watching this and it makes me feel embarrassed that his lies are so transparent

KenoshaKid
Absolutely riveting.

Etiana
Thank goodness a recess!!!

ahoyhoy
LAWDY, I GOT the VAPORS.....

The Farm
I hope the poor guy does not have a diabetic episode from the stress. Even with his Doctorate he is over his head.

Stella5
Recess now??? NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! JA is on fire and burning down the BS House JB built

TexasDoll
JA asks to pull out salami container for the witness to see.

OH MAN! This is better than a movie.

wvjules
Nooooooooooooo the jury doesn't want a recess now and neither do I. Why HHBP, why????

wenwe4
JA says report says all cans were empty ....no entomological remnants in the cans..on the cans...look @ photos need to refer....agree there is no...(object- allow examine photos to show) overrule!

with all that said - agree tobacco spit doesn't smell like human decomp .....ever! wouldn't you? I don't know that he could put the qualifier of
"ever" as a body fluid decomp cycle....saliva decomposes smell like full decomposing body? Not what he said....that substance not going to smell dead person...not assume it to smell of dead person...no food in garbage bag.....agree? as he defines food things to eat...nothing in there like to eat....nothing in here anyone could eat even if pressed...no food in this trashbag? correct? photo on screen something inside salomie outside of that don't see food....something you may see in the salomy pack here......pull it out and take a look....jury been going since 1:30 recess til 3:30.

Harmony2
<<<<<<<<<< Side Bar Thread >>>>>>

2011.06.17 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-One) - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

ziggy
Expert is backed into a corner now! The question is that the tobacco spit is not going to smell like a dead person...witness says no.

And you would agree in this garbage bag there was no food? Witness agrees.

THERE IS NO FOOD IN THIS TRASH BAG.

OH NO RECESS....JUST AS THEY WERE ABOUT TO TAKE THE SALAMI PACKAGE OUT TO SHOW THERE WAS NOT FOOD!!!!

The only food nearby is the witness...he's toast.

Mendara
This was a live smackdown. KC better NOT take the stand.

UFO
I hope this witness brought an extra shirt. He must be sweating like mad.
MOO

logicalgirl
Getting to the meat of the matter in the salami package.....

Wow - HHJP wants a recess - I think he actually wants to give JA time to calm down a bit...

monique
If anyone was dozing in the courtroom they are AWAKE now!

MsFacetious

You think this is funny....

Wait till Dr Spitz is up there. :waitasec:

Which obviously is not going to be today like planned. Defense case shorter than prosecution?? I think not...

ynotdivein
Think I just saw ICA say "Gross" to JB coming back to defense table?

SarahEcho
Thanks God it was a sausage package and not a wiener package. I suspect the court room would have erupted into giggles again.

The Eunice Burns
06-17-2011, 03:14 PM
Sugar/glucose check, anyone?

Now that is a real possibility. My dad was diabetic and stress could jack up his glucose levels. Whatever we think about this witness, it has to be hard to be in this situation.

barrysgirl
now a break? i think the judge needs to go to his chambers to laugh!

cloud9
JA wiping up the floor!

:great::great::great:

sumbunny
My goodness..ICA shooting daggers at JA as she stands up for the jury to leave for recess!

countzero
Oh my gosh, JA is gonna pull out the Salami package to see the invisible food. Like Zannie is sitting beside ICA.

Yes, a break. Time to change myself. brb

reeseeva
BUT, He did previously say there was DRIED BOLOGNA, NOW SAYS HE DOESN'T KNOW FROM PICTURE???

Eye Wonder
Be Still My Beating Heart!!!! I LOVE JA!!! Such passion!

darnudes
This is GOLD!!

pcrum12
OMG! All I can say is Casey should have hired a better lawyer who in turn hired a better expert witness. This guy was no expert

laniefi
ROCK ON JA - you are a HERO for little Caylee!!!

21merc7
HHJP looks tired, KC looks angry

Mohabi
Too bad the recess was called just prior to identifying the "thing" in the salami package.

Linda7NJ
swoon....I think I am in LOVE with Jeff...

Mrs. Linda Aston....has a nice ring to it

imawitch
Ja is doing his thang, go jeff! im secretly hoping that casey takes the stand so JA can rip her apart in her lies, etc..

JA ownes Dr. h, jmho lol

strawberry
It's funny how fast this thread moves now. It's like it parallels the lawyer who is up.

SevenSeas
06-17-2011, 03:15 PM
Casey is LIVID!!! :floorlaugh:

Mendara
Mike Brooks says John Ashton OWNS this witness.

Clearly Confused

I missed it. Did he really say that?

Blue Ridge
State seems to prefer the telestrator. Defense seems to prefer flip boards.

That's not just any old flip board, it's a jPad, doncha know (thanks SurfieTx!)

Wishbone
LOL....Mike Brooks on HLN just said Ashton owns Huntington

jon_burrows
:laugh:

I can almost feel this spanking. #caseyanthonyby jimlichtenstein via twitter at 2:11 PM

I can too.

Wow, there was method to JBP's madness this morning. He let JB dig a hole he can never climb out of.

IMO

grandmaj
NOOOOOOOOOOOO names please. We want you all here for this trial. Every single one of you is important to us here at WS. Please refrain from name variations or name calling in any way. Thanks.

nursebeeme
move over to the sidebar! door is closing fast... don't want anyone to get their parts stuck in the door! http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6701284&posted=1#post6701284

Sweetbaboo
Jeff Ashton could end up being responsible for this young man acquiring a drinking problem.

DianaElaine
I wonder if the witness will claim sickness during recess .... and need to be let go???

Storm
HLN just said Ashton owns this Dr. right now ^i^

Steely Dan
Are they doing this without the jury present? sorry just got back about a half hour ago.

Curious Me
ICA sits their at recess wishing she had thrown some food in that bag.

A big hug to JA who is doing fantastic.

MaryAnn
I have got salami remnants in my garbage occasionally and I don't think it smells like a dead body.

seriously, salami is almost dried out as it is. JB making this witness look like a fool. Another one bites the dust that has had contact with ICA. No one will call him as a witness again!

Harmony2
<<<<<<<<<< Side Bar Thread >>>>>>

2011.06.17 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-One) - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139975)

moving on over to side bar and closing here for a bit...

The Farm
http://i749.photobucket.com/albums/xx132/The_Missing/30db78p.gif

mom I have been looking for you!!!! Forget the waffles, let's get down to business here!

wvjules
This kinda makes up for the rest of the wasted day!

ebedeeb
06-17-2011, 03:16 PM
Who woulda thunk JB wouldve used one of their witnesses to support the SA.....

JA's cross today, made the last few days all worth it.

TeaBird
I would have like JA to have asked if JB ever said anything to this witness about the body being moved before he did his report. And I wonder if he would be truthful.

laniefi
Mike Brooks on HLN said "JA OWNS Huntington"

PRICELESS

nursebeeme
move over to the sidebar! door is closing fast... don't want anyone to get their parts stuck in the door! http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6701284&posted=1#post6701284

last call for the sidebar! http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6701284&posted=1#post6701284

Kimster
06-17-2011, 03:25 PM
While this thread is closed, I have a note to write about the name calling/name variations.

The mods keep warning over and over again. I was here briefly during the lunch hour and saw THREE warnings. If I get off work tonight and I hear reports that their warnings were ignored FROM THIS POINT ON, I promise I will use the ray gun. And that will not be any fun for those who can't post tomorrow. :nono: I'm sorry to sound mean, but it's getting WAY out of hand and it's distracting other members along with taking too much time for the mods to edit and delete posts.

I hope everyone reads this so they'll settle down. :sigh:

ynotdivein
06-17-2011, 03:30 PM
Welcome back my fellow WSers.

Remember this prayer? "Lord, forgive us for what we are about to see."

I am adding to it.

Lord, forgive us for what we are about to witness.

Let us remember TOS, and give thanks for the WS community we have been fortunate enough to find.

Please protect our fingers from numbness when we sit on our hands, and remind us to walk away from the keyboard when we are feeling too emotional.

And let us each keep Caylee Marie Anthony foremost in our thoughts and closest to our hearts.

TotallyObsessed
06-17-2011, 03:31 PM
LDB is showing off her super fancy laser pointer right now.by Gabe Travers/WESH.com at 2:28 PM

grandmaj
Bill Shaeffer saying it is time to sit down. He owns this witness don't go too far. :)

MEM2010
Let's go Ashton! Finish it up!

summerthyme
06-17-2011, 03:32 PM
Bill S I respect you, but we have to put this garbage to rest! :rocker:

mydailyopinions
I understand that we get upset with Ashton at times for being loud and dramatic in the court room, however, I believe it is necessary for two reasons.

1. This jury has been sequestered at this point away from their families long enough. They need the excitement even in circumstances where it seems so wrong to be excited. They need this in order to stay awake through the end of this trial.

2. The world needs to see compassion for Caylee, and so far, this prosecution team has been the ONLY ones to show such compassion for a child who has been taken way too soon.

I imagine once this conviction comes down we will see an interview with Jeff Ashton, and I do believe we will see many tears from him about how much this child has meant to his life over the last few years.

Miss Anarchy
JA has on gloves. Looks like he might be planning on opening up evidence!

KenoshaKid
I am amazed this guy made all his conclusions based on PHOTOS of the garbage.

ExpectingUnicorns
OMG, thank God the gloves did fit! :D

Mountain_Kat
And...we're back. :)

Miziree
JA putting on gloves...ready for next round.

justanother
i was wondering why JA didnt have gloves on earlier while opening evidence.....someone told him i guess

ziggy
Keep going Jeff! Let the jury KNOW without any doubt there was no garbage in that trash that had a two year stink life!!!

Tulessa
06-17-2011, 03:33 PM
All rise!

Sleuthsuthain
NOW, JA's putting the GLOVES on . . . this is going to be GREAT!

pjmale
More evidence. Medical gloves.

Linda7NJ
This kinda makes up for the rest of the wasted day!

"kinda" ??? I'd gladly sit through 5 hours of Jose's crap to see Jeff do it again...and again...and again:rocker:

QB.
JP takes care of his jury. DESSERT LADY, yes please!

KenoshaKid
opening salami bag.

has PAPER in it!

watchinginky
06-17-2011, 03:34 PM
I LOVE this judge. He so much loves his jury. He asked them if there was a package in their jury room....desserts!

logicalgirl
Here we go with JA in gloves and the salami container. It appears to be a piece of paper?
Dr. Huntington - yes it does.

Stella5
Salami Container.... piece of paper in the container... NO SALAMI!!! Thrwarted again Jose!

BuffaloPI
ICA all smiles.

Then Judge/Jury laughing about dessert - ICA smile disappears.

Ada
Paper in the salami container! Niiice :floorlaugh:

Searchfortruth
I wonder if LKB will be on the talk shows tonight ?

momtective
I wonder if HHJP's wife is the "dessert lady"?

Mohabi
The witness looks thunderstruck.

CementPond
JB is sweating! HAHAHA

strach304
Ok so I think we can be sure Casey won't be taking the stand. :floorlaugh:

RedSox Mom
Piece of paper!!!!! Lol

Florida Native
Oh my! Who do I love more, JA or HHJP? He is so good to those jurors and he tickled himself.

Ricki
The salami was paper. Dr must feel embarrassed.

Donjeta
Casey's thinking that she should have put a hamburger in the trunk

Softail
The dessert lady visited the jury. :blowkiss:

JA shoing TH the salami package. Asks him what is inside.

TH - A piece of paper!

:great:

Linda7NJ
Bug guy...swallowed hard and appears uncomfortable

KenoshaKid
Witness concedes no food in trash

Stella5
06-17-2011, 03:35 PM
there does not appear to be any food in the trash!

TiaM
Ha Ha the "meat" contained in the salami packet is A PIECE OF PAPER, I kid you not!!

TexasDoll
OH MAN! The look on TH's face was priceless when he saw the salami package was empty. I wish I could post my screen shot.

MissJames
I missed JA's cross up to break .Phone call. Anything big?

TortillaChip
imo, she is not happy, she is mad. But she did smile at the witness.

costalpilot
well paper is made out of wood which was alive

so maybe the bugs thought the dead tree was decomposing flesh

reeseeva
Bologna...Salami....now a piece of PAPER!!!

WOW is all I can say.....

biggirl
This Jury is going to come away from this trial loving HHJP! He has made a very difficult time a little easier. Love his chuckle!!!!

logicalgirl
Now, says JA - there isn't any food in the trash.
Dr. Huntington, yes, it appears there is no food in the trash.

RR0004
Can someone please tell me why Baez was standing over by Ashton (seemed to be close to the jury) while making objections?

faefrost
The witness "There does not appear to be any food in the trash"

!!!!

Donjeta
Yes! They're talking about cleaning and vacuuming now.

Thank you JA!!

gamom
JP is so cute with his comments on the dessert.

amayla
It is odd that there is no food at all in that garbage bag. The state really lucked out on that! There is always some item of food in my garbage.

JA bring home that you can't get rid of the smell of decomp.

jon_burrows
Witness finally admits there is no food in the trash.

IMO

JSR
THANK YOU!!!

No food, no pizza, no meat, NO DAMN FOOD!

Ah that felt good. So glad that truthful nugget FINALLY was put to bed.

grammieto5
Well KC is not laughing now LOL

luv
http://i51.tinypic.com/6oe6ft.jpg

Azcrabcakes
I love having a laptop. Cleaning the bathroom, and listening at the same time...priceless.

Heh, heh! I had mine in the laundry room kitchen and bathroom today. But I am POOPED. I get up at 5:45am to watch and got tired of sitting. Now I sit during recess and work during testimony! Thank God for laptops! Whoo hooo!:bowdown:

angelmom
"the only thing you cannot get rid of is the smell"

I think that about sums up this whole case.

KenoshaKid
06-17-2011, 03:36 PM
You can vacuum out bugs but you cannot get rid of the smell.

Witness says its an over-expression <?>

Amster
This guy is driving me crazy!!!

Laynee
now THIS was worth sitting here all day(weeks) for! Justice for Caylee--JA truely is passionate about getting justice for our little girl! Go JA go!!!

Celt1997

I really think the DT is to blame here. While he should have been better prepared, I'm wondering what kind of lies were served to him going into this case. I have a feeling JA will tell this kid to keep studying and, in a few years, he'd make a good expert witness for the State. He obviously loves what he does, and is actually well spoken on the stand.

TortillaChip
This witness is going to try to rehab himself. He doesn't like to lose, imo.

Purple Iris
Salami package had PAPER in it ~ No food in the garbage !!!!!!

It's a good day!!!!

Keep at him Ashton - don't let up now.
H's gonna be crying any minute now.

fifteen89
"Can't get rid of is an over-expression..."
Didn't he already admit the smell of decomp was still in the trunk of her car 2 years later???

cloud9
No food in trunk!
:great::great::great:

I'm even starting to get the feeling that the witness likes JA's questioning!
:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

pinkfly

If so she will be complaining about the mob justice that HHJP is allowing to happen.

Donjeta
Now he says you can remove the decomp smell

KathrynL
Missed about 45 minutes of cross-then power read the tweets on WESH. Is it fair to say this witness is being blown up on cross?

cecybeans

She might be. I have a feeling if JB was over there trying to text her she was "busy",lol.

Ricki
The good DR needs to cry UNCLE

Whimsigal
06-17-2011, 03:37 PM
Witness doesn't know the temps on the days of his experiment. DOESN"T HAVE THE DATA WITH HIM.

What?!

Kateyes
Dr. Huntington has the look of "oh, no, what is he going to ask/show me now?"...
No pigs in the blankets, LOL

logicalgirl

Mr. Mason is looking definitely ill...

Mohabi
Over-expression = overstatement :)

Linda7NJ
dog ate his report...doesn't have it with him

Marina2
Ok, expert... can you get rid of the mess or not?

Azcrabcakes
THANK YOU!!!

No food, no pizza, no meat, NO DAMN FOOD!

Ah that felt good. So glad that truthful nugget FINALLY was put to bed.

While I am agree and glad for the points... can't flies and maggots eat miniscule amounts. What about crumbs? I am surprised Baez did not say there is no food there because the flies ate it all! :crazy:

npcougar
I knew it would be 60. He totally set the witness up.

costalpilot
well it would be hard to get rid of the bugs from the pig

sure

but the pig was just thrown in there

not in sacks

but hey

grandmaj

Wow what a pic. They look ill.

MsFacetious
If you are coming to testify about an experiment, why don't you bring the data with you?

KenoshaKid
Over-expression = overstatement :)

I get that, I just didn't understand why he thought so. :)

amayla
I think Mason is wishing they had rested the case like he wanted to.

Cubby
Well KC is not laughing now LOL

She looks like she feels sunk imo.

Purple Iris
Ha Ha the "meat" contained in the salami packet is A PIECE OF PAPER, I kid you not!!

Wan't that a great moment!

Oh, now all of a sudden he doesn't have his paper work with him.....ahhhhh.
Dang the luck.

azscr4mbl3r
06-17-2011, 03:38 PM
Dang! why didn't YM take ICA to JA after their trip to universal and have JA ask her what happened? I am thinking JA could have had her confessing to the Lindbergh kidnapping.

krt
It amazes me that one that is called as a witness would not review his/her notes prior to the hearing let alone BRING his/her notes/data! GEEZ

Curious Me
JA making the point that you can throw away trash and wash your car, but you can't get rid of the smell of decomposition.

Witness still stubbornly thinking up other reasons he can't just answer and agree.

wvjules
While I am agree and glad for the points... can't flies and maggots eat miniscule amounts. What about crumbs? I am surprised Baez did not say there is no food there because the flies ate it all! :crazy:

Shhhhhhhhhh! lol

Elley Mae
dog ate his report...doesn't have it with him

Cats would never do that.

whiteangora
It is odd that there is no food at all in that garbage bag. The state really lucked out on that! There is always some item of food in my garbage.

JA bring home that you can't get rid of the smell of decomp.

They already knew there was no food. Only empty containers.

BetteDavisEyes
How cool for HHJP to mention the jury's dessert right before JA talks about the salami container having only a piece of paper. Brilliant timing!

logicalgirl
Your experiment does not represent the scenario of Caylee's - you would agree would you not?
Answer - blah blah blah.

sleutherontheside
06-17-2011, 03:39 PM
I love my JA!!!!

strach304
His calculations are off anyway because they were calculated for an adult. He said he never did a child and children decompose much faster.

Emeralgem
I am hearing alot of inconsistencies in his answers, anyone else?

Bon
Oh my! Who do I love more, JA or HHJP? He is so good to those jurors and he tickled himself.

Hope this is ok to say, all in fun............

3-sum,problem solved :)

Ada
This witness is driving me crazy! He's slippery and wiggly.

Cubby
If you are coming to testify about an experiment, why don't you bring the data with you?

Exactly. It's like bringing a ball point pen on test day when you need a #2 pencil.

gamom
This guy is perfect for KC. He just keeps lying and lying....

CarolinaWoman
JA in action is great. :woohoo:

Years of actual experience in the courtroom is so evident here. If anyone ever gets in trouble find a lawyer with lots of courtroom experience! :)

cityslick
I really think the DT is to blame here. While he should have been better prepared, I'm wondering what kind of lies were served to him going into this case. I have a feeling JA will tell this kid to keep studying and, in a few years, he'd make a good expert witness for the State. He obviously loves what he does, and is actually well spoken on the stand.

I think he's getting unfairly killed on here simply because he did his own study and it doesn't 100% jive with the state's expert testimony. I don't think he's purposely lying/being evasive/etc. He's just testifying to what he was hired to do. JA is effectively poking holes in his testimony but I don't think that's the fault of the witness, it's the fault of the DT not knowing that it would get blown open on cross.

RedSox Mom
Missed about 45 minutes of cross-then power read the tweets on WESH. Is it fair to say this witness is being blown up on cross?

That would be a resounding YES!!!!

TortillaChip
omg, he will not admit to anything, even if he is wrong, he just goes around and around.

Broderick
Absolutely loving how JA is tearing apart the "expert" witness on the stand. This is critical, and JA has NOT gone too far. He needs to completely discredit every bit of his testimony. In fact, he is continuing the State's case with the Defense expert witness.

Azcrabcakes
Come on... heat accelerated decomp.... spit it out!

TiaM

Baez should feel embarrassed too.

After all HE is the one who has said in EVERY interview, and has mentioned off-handedly to every witness he has questioned the whole trial, that the bag contained rotten food.

Almost as if he says it enough that someone (the jury) will believe it.

THWARTED. EPIC THWART.

MissDiva
*standing ovation for JA*

KenoshaKid
Whew. Redirect.

Mountain_Kat
I am hearing alot of inconsistencies in his answers, anyone else?

LOADS of them.

Florida Native

I agree he had no idea what was coming. I am just speechless that they didn't prep him. Your witness should know exactly what you are going to ask and you prepare them for what the other side most likely will ask.

justanother
06-17-2011, 03:40 PM
Enough already, this is ridiculous, we will be watching this guy for the next week at this rate.....give it up JB