PDA

View Full Version : 2011.06.17 TRIAL Day Twenty-one (Afternoon Session)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

Linda7NJ
06-17-2011, 03:40 PM
Cats would never do that.
:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

fifteen89
Re-direct. Ruh roh.

momtective
Baez is up...where's that tequila! :dance:

KenoshaKid
Agrees with Haskell on site of recovery.

Lovejac
RUH ROH! Redirect by Jose!

Lord help me....

laserdisc10
5.30 in the morning, here in Australia. Very cold. But worth seeing JB being overruled several times in succession as his client's demeanor betrayed distinct discomfort as Mr.Ashton introduced realness to proceedings - a realness with which observers and the jury can connect and to which JB responded, imo, with ego-drenched pique and much mouth-contortion

The child's death was real, very real for her. Mr. Ashton has forced the witness to get real, finally. Now it's becoming real for the accused, also - and not before time, imo

carole
It is odd that there is no food at all in that garbage bag. The state really lucked out on that! There is always some item of food in my garbage.

JA bring home that you can't get rid of the smell of decomp.

bbm

Trash/garbage came from Tony's apt. In my experience young men/boys leave no trace of food in their garbage. I had 2 sons and was constantly amazed at how much they could eat!!!

mitzi
Here is where Jose jumps into the hole Jeff dug, and then pulls the dirt in after himself.

kpalma715
Where is my pillow??? JB is up again! zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

mobius99
Hahaha... so basically, Dr. Huntington testified that the bugs/flies that feed on decomp material ignored it in this trunk and instead went for the tobacco (non)spit in a can.

Yes I can picture now:
Fly #1: "psst marv, check this out. A smorgasboard"
Fly#2: "nah, i'm laying off the adipocere. Too fattening. I'll having tobacco spit today."

LOL...I have to go before I start talking to myself.

CN2Souls
:loveyou: JA!!!

JSR
06-17-2011, 03:41 PM
One word describes JA's cross, Masterful.

LyndyLoo
Dangit..How can this expert use an experiment results to formulate his opinion..but does NOT have it with him??..He is going on memory???..Has this experiment been duplicated?? He hasnt even done an experiment with a human body??..

Sorry folks.........JA completely dismantled Dr. Huntington...

faefrost
I wonder if LKB will be on the talk shows tonight ?

I wonder if the lawyers and producers over at Insession plan on asking her if she is in fact the person on the other side of JB's texting? And if so what are the ethics involved in acting as a paid talking head covering the trial while being an active defense participant?

kantoo
#$@&#!

JB just kept talking/leading the witness after JA objected

Velouria
"Can't get rid of is an over-expression..."
Didn't he already admit the smell of decomp was still in the trunk of her car 2 years later???

I believe this witness should be qualified as an expert in "over-expressions". I've yet to hear him give a succinct answer to a single question thus far!

Just Jayla
JA making the point that you can throw away trash and wash your car, but you can't get rid of the smell of decomposition.

Witness still stubbornly thinking up other reasons he can't just answer and agree.

This guy's trash line does not negate:

Nurse Cindy Anthony
Detective George Anthony
Detective Yuri Melich
Officer Forgey
Dr. Arpad Vass

And if necessary:

Sgt. John Allen
Cpl. Eric Edwards

....who all smelled human decomposition

RR0004
Did he just say the body had been there for months?

Mountain_Kat
Oh dear...giant doodle pad.

Salem
I wonder if HHJP's wife is the "dessert lady"?

O/T - but what a really sweet thought :)

Mohabi
Why can't JB question a witness without his pad?

ohiogirl
It amazes me that one that is called as a witness would not review his/her notes prior to the hearing let alone BRING his/her notes/data! GEEZ

Well, since he never wrote a report I would have to say there was a definite reason for that.

Emeralgem
06-17-2011, 03:42 PM
"Can't get rid of is an over-expression..."
Didn't he already admit the smell of decomp was still in the trunk of her car 2 years later???

Yes, and he also stated he used junk cars that could be tossed because you can't get rid of the smell..

Linda7NJ
oh dear here comes the ipad....help me

Blue Ridge
Isn't JB asking the exact same questions again in redirect that he already asked in direct? :waitasec:

eaglemom
witness looking at Dr haskell's report for early colonizers

Donjeta
No child should have early colonizers on her.

MOO.

jane the dood
06-17-2011, 03:43 PM
http://i51.tinypic.com/6oe6ft.jpg

Looks like a case of "Ruh Roh" in stereo :)

Azcrabcakes
OT - Why does my "Quote" and "Thank you" button disappear periodically? Am I in a time out? Would I be advised if I were to be in a time out? Can I have LBD defend me if I were to inadvertently offend someone or violate the TOS? Thank you.

Broderick
Here is where Jose jumps into the hole Jeff dug, and then pulls the dirt in after himself.

Now THAT, was funny!!!!!!

JenniferTx
Oh no! Please not the blow flies again......really?????????

Just Jayla

Nurse Cindy Anthony
Detective George Anthony
Detective Yuri Melich
Officer Forgey
Dr. Arpad Vass

And if necessary:

Sgt. John Allen
Cpl. Eric Edwards

Quoting myself instead of editing my posts cause this thread is going so fast....

And Ms. Casey Marie Anthony, who told Amy Huizenga that her car (paraphrase) smelled like death. And then failed to check her car, find said garbage bag and throw it away within the day or two she had the car before ditching it.

Carolina Girl
This quite likely is his one and only experience being an 'expert' witness.

fifteen89

Nurse Cindy Anthony
Detective George Anthony
Detective Yuri Melich
Officer Forgey
Dr. Arpad Vass

And if necessary:

Sgt. John Allen
Cpl. Eric Edwards

Or tow yard guy.

strach304
Listen to Jose, that's not what he said. We know it was somewhere else first. JB trying to say the body decomposed somewhere else. What he actually said was started to decompose somewhere else.

Linda7NJ
I think bug guy confused himself

Soulmagent
I suppose we really cant expect Baez to give up and walk away.

I mean it is his job ,but I just wish I could stop watching the train wreck.

eaglemom
75 puparia- very few when single fly can lay 300 eggs

kpalma715
Looks like a case of "Ruh Roh" in stereo :)

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::f loorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::flo orlaugh::floorlaugh:

ExpectingUnicorns
75 in which bag. . . which bag are we talking about here? tia.

TiaM
Let's see how many forbidden doors Baez flings open on re-direct.

LOL

MissJames
Baez should feel embarrassed too.

After all HE is the one who has said in EVERY interview, and has mentioned off-handedly to every witness he has questioned the whole trial, that the bag contained rotten food.

Almost as if he says it enough that someone (the jury) will believe it.

THWARTED. EPIC THWART.

I will never understand why JB sets up these scenarios for the State to come in and blast him out of the water .:maddening:

angelmom
#$@&#

JB just kept talking/leading the witness after JA objected

Yeah, what happened to HHJBP's lack of a hearing problem? Maybe he doesn't have one, but the witness and JB just kept talking.

I think this guy might be where JB got his whole Kronk theory. He has misunderstood the statement by both experts that the body was moved (meaning from the trunk to the woods) to mean that the body was moved again.

barrysgirl
bbm

Trash/garbage came from Tony's apt. In my experience young men/boys leave no trace of food in their garbage. I had 2 sons and was constantly amazed at how much they could eat!!!

I have 3 step sons. Not only do I not have much food in my trash OR my garbage, I have no food left in the fridge either:crazy:

Elley Mae
06-17-2011, 03:44 PM

Nurse Cindy Anthony
Detective George Anthony
Detective Yuri Melich
Officer Forgey
Dr. Arpad Vass

And if necessary:

Sgt. John Allen
Cpl. Eric Edwards

Don't forget Simon :D

kathyn2
JB is an (word I can't say). All he is doing is that the body was moved from Casey's car to the site on Suburban Dr. where it was found. Nothing else. There is proof the body was in the car 2 to 5 days and then at the spot it was found.

KenoshaKid
An adult fly can lay 300 eggs (that's it? I'd think it would be thousands)

TexasDoll
The bugs were wrapped in blankets and bags! Why would they be ON the trunk liner where there is no food?!

BetteDavisEyes
OT - Why does my "Quote" and "Thank you" button disappear periodically? Am I in a time out? Would I be advised if I were to be in a time out? Can I have LBD defend me if I were to inadvertently offend someone or violate the TOS? Thank you.

Refresh the page.

sleutherontheside
KC wishes the dessert lady would leave her packages too.

Cubby

I think that happens when we are moving between the trial and sidebar threads. I've noticed it too.

Tulessa
Did he just say the body had been there for months?

Yup.....

grammieto5
OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH go away Jose!

Ssejors
I am hearing alot of inconsistencies in his answers, anyone else?

Oh lord yes. This guy is totally uncredible in my books. I dismissed him from the get go. He really enjoys SCHOOLING people and i think he figures he is testifying in this trial so he figures he made the big time. but he sounds so stunned and he is evasive and obtuse.

pinkfly

Whenever I poste something I have to refresh the page to get mine back

greycoupon
JB said "Caylee's" remains. Used her name. Don't think he does that very often does he? It stuck out a lot.

Just Jayla
Ah yes, since we are being technical about the trash/garbage bag....the bag itself is called a can liner in industry speak. So, there was trash within a can liner.

MsFacetious
06-17-2011, 03:45 PM
For anyone who wants to go swimming (or to the park, or make cookies, or whatever) don't forget you CAN watch Ashton (or Baez, or anyone else) in action later without missing any.

WFTV has the entire trial in parts, on the article from that day.

Part 6 ends when they break for lunch, so Ashton will be after that.

http://www.wftv.com/caseyanthony/28268047/detail.html

So you can leave without missing anything, it just won't be live. :seeya:

faefrost
Dangit..How can this expert use an experiment results to formulate his opinion..but does NOT have it with him??..He is going on memory???..Has this experiment been duplicated?? He hasnt even done an experiment with a human body??..

Sorry folks.........JA completely dismantled Dr. Huntington...

I know we are not allowed to comment on his seeming youth, but he does seem rather inexperienced on the stand. is this his first time giving expert testimony at trial? He does not seem to have had the little lessons of experience regarding "bring it all in writing" and "never operate from memory" when under oath?

The fact that he is known to the court and the jury as a student of Dr. Haskel really does not help. He is coming across like an enthusiastic student and not a long standing well rounded and experienced expert. On the stand he is coming across more as someone defending his thesis than as someone giving expert testimony in court.

Curious Me
Did they ever find that fly's other leg?

Donjeta
Well of course :rolleyes:

When Casey got rid of the body in the trunk, OF COURSE she would have left the flies in her trunk.

carole
i have 3 step sons. Not only do i not have much food in my trash or my garbage, i have no food left in the fridge either:crazy:

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wenwe4
JA - salami container - piece of paper inside there -NOT MEAT! there does not appear to be food in the trash....clean up decomp scene - take a paper towel clean up little bit of decomp fluid - not very effective- vacuum bugs left behind...only thing cannot get rid of is the smell....

rid all insect evidence - remove carpet layer and vacuum nooks and crannies of trunk itself...it is possible to remove but difficult to remove smell...

reference data - decomp event showed with pig central to know stage of decomp...accumulated days for pig experiment - avg. daily temp for 10 days in trunk...approx 60 degrees...based upon calculations going from memory....10 days @ 60 degees compare to 600 accumulated degree days 600 divided by 90 about 6 and change sounds right....not 2 days....state of decomp of experiment doesn't coincide w/2 1/2 yr child wrap in blanket in bags in trunk....
calendar degree days...it would be more in experimental case...trunk hotter than 90 degrees decomp go even faster....

propose amt of decomp exclude early colonizers can't get in 1 day....redirect

JB w/DrHuntington

don't disagree w/Dr. haskell findings relate to Surburban Drive....site of recovery report is very agreeable...both agree body decompose somewhere else other than where it was found....evidence in this case recovered from site of recovery speaks for itself...body there some period of time...very difficult to say exact...months.....body was moved after death after some location very agreeable....after some stage of decomp already passed...makes perfect sense look @ evidence.....when testify there were early colonizers blow flies in canvass laundray bag Caylee body was found...how much insect early colonizers present from his report? looking

telling them 75 puparia recovered from the bag...is that considered a lot sir? rephrase....that is very few consider single female fly lay upwards of 300 eggs....

if you assume body came from trunk of car during that period of colony ...would expect to find more.....

75 puparia casings - legs come from adults - many more fly parts or dead flies in trunk....fly had 6 legs ....

Dr. Haskell makes association with...(object- during cross JA asked about the scene) approach!

ohiogirl
75 in which bag. . . which bag are we talking about here? tia.

trash bag

Wait, I think he means the canvas bag at the recovery site. ?

Cubby
Still catching up and jumping pages here. Have not noticed any info on how the jurors are responding to Ashtons cross - anyone?

tia

costalpilot
I wonder if the lawyers and producers over at Insession plan on asking her if she is in fact the person on the other side of JB's texting? And if so what are the ethics involved in acting as a paid talking head covering the trial while being an active defense participant?

i swear I will NEVER watch her again

no matter what

i can only take so much

strach304
What the hell.....:maddening:

He's asking the same crap.

laniefi
Why can't JB question a witness without his pad?

Cause the toilet paper he wrote his direct on disintegrated!

mydailyopinions
I wonder if rodents would have eaten the flies and left only 75? :crazy:

I know that this whole case is NOT a laughing matter, but on days like today, I am so thankful that the testimony has humor, or at least watching the down fall of an attorney is humorous.

KenoshaKid
JB just asked him if he disagreed w/ Dr. H where the body was before it was at the dump site (my words) -- sidebar

sorrell skye
06-17-2011, 03:46 PM
Cuz if I'm a fly, when I lay my eggs, I always leave behind one leg as part of my post-coitus activity.

It's blow fly tradition, doncha know?

After all, who needs to smoke a ciggy, when one can just leave behind a leg?

Kateyes
Not having his notes with him shows Dr. Huntington's lac of experience. And an inexperienced "expert" often is nullified in the mind of the juror, IMO. Good job, Dr. h on affirming a number of the primary aspects of the prosecution's case. Not such a good choice of expert witnesses, JB. Of course, IMO.

grandmaj

You need to refresh, they disappear. If you were in TO you couldn't post. :) :rocker:

PS do you have something to confess? :silly: Just refresh after you post and it resets your buttons.

BetteDavisEyes
I wonder if Casey still believes in Jose Baez?

ynotdivein
While this thread is closed, I have a note to write about the name calling/name variations.

The mods keep warning over and over again. I was here briefly during the lunch hour and saw THREE warnings. If I get off work tonight and I hear reports that their warnings were ignored FROM THIS POINT ON, I promise I will use the ray gun. And that will not be any fun for those who can't post tomorrow. :nono: I'm sorry to sound mean, but it's getting WAY out of hand and it's distracting other members along with taking too much time for the mods to edit and delete posts.

I hope everyone reads this so they'll settle down. :sigh:

Using sidebar downtime to bump this valuable post.

Tulessa
Whenever I poste something I have to refresh the page to get mine back

Mine does the same thing and I'm not in time out. :floorlaugh:

laniefi
What the hell.....:maddening:

He's asking the same crap.

I feel like I am in the movie 'Groundhog Day'...

No offense to Bill Murray but GEESH

Salem
06-17-2011, 03:47 PM

When the buttons disappear, you are not in time out. You won't have to pay LBD's high fees :)

Just hit your refresh button and all the other buttons should come back. It happens to the best of us :)

Salem

Velouria

BBM

You can have LKB defend you! But only if you want her to bail halfway through your case and text in your defense. :dance:

mydailyopinions
This morning, 6 ejected for napping. This afternoon, 100 wide awake! Thanks Jeff! #caseyanthony
by jimlichtenstein via twitter at 3:46 PM

Linda7NJ
06-17-2011, 03:48 PM

yes, it belonged to the mother of another:floorlaugh: wearing prothesis now

mck16
Has anyone reported from the court room lately. I am wondering if the jury is still awake or if they have been comatized.

PlainJaneDoe
TY, they are finally seeing the real Casey.

But they won't get in trouble for talking about her laughing, will they (since not supposed to discuss case)?!

Emeralgem
Seriously, anyone know how much the defense paid this guy?

faefrost
I wonder if rodents would have eaten the flies and left only 75? :crazy:

I know that this whole case is NOT a laughing matter, but on days like today, I am so thankful that the testimony has humor, or at least watching the down fall of an attorney is humorous.

Would that be the suicidal squirrel? Do you think he likes flies on his pizza?

Mountain_Kat
3-5 days in the trunk according to Dr. Haskell. The early colonizers had already moved on, Dr. Huntington. I know that because I was in Dr. Haskell's class that day.

Thankyouverymuch.

Ada
I know we are not allowed to comment on his seeming youth, but he does seem rather inexperienced on the stand. is this his first time giving expert testimony at trial? He does not seem to have had the little lessons of experience regarding "bring it all in writing" and "never operate from memory" when under oath?

The fact that he is known to the court and the jury as a student of Dr. Haskel really does not help. He is coming across like an enthusiastic student and not a long standing well rounded and experienced expert. On the stand he is coming across more as someone defending his thesis than as someone giving expert testimony in court.

BBM

Exactly! That's why he won't admit when he's wrong or just give a short straight answer.

ohiogirl
06-17-2011, 03:49 PM
Not having his notes with him shows Dr. Huntington's lac of experience. And an inexperienced "expert" often is nullified in the mind of the juror, IMO. Good job, Dr. h on affirming a number of the primary aspects of the prosecution's case. Not such a good choice of expert witnesses, JB. Of course, IMO.

It also gives you a chance to say "I would need to refer to my report" when asked something that you don't want to answer. jmo

Donjeta

Good point. Obviously fly legs can disappear somewhere.

ExpectingUnicorns
OMGosh, time to open the cans!

TexasDoll
"No evidence of body in the trunk." -- TH :banghead:

~PrinceSSa~

:floorlaugh:

countzero
I will never understand why JB sets up these scenarios for the State to come in and blast him out of the water .:maddening:

Like he client, he doesn't listen to the advice of those who have gone there before him.

magnolia

Nurse Cindy Anthony
Detective George Anthony
Detective Yuri Melich
Officer Forgey
Dr. Arpad Vass

And if necessary:

Sgt. John Allen
Cpl. Eric Edwards

Add Gerus & Bones to that list.

Azcrabcakes
I agree he had no idea what was coming. I am just speechless that they didn't prep him. Your witness should know exactly what you are going to ask and you prepare them for what the other side most likely will ask.

Well, HE probably did not dine with JB last night!

TUSK
did ja ask the the witness if he knew what happened
on dec 11, the day he was hired?

Themis
Not enough to compensate him for ruining his budding career as an expert witness! Stick a fork in him; he's done.

jane the dood
This witness is driving me crazy! He's slippery and wiggly.

Remember the old commercial? "I've fallen and I can't get up!" I suspect this witness feels just like that.

NavySubMom
O.K. He smelled a smell in the car after 2 years, he now sees there is NO food in the "trash", so what was he smelling? Earlier, he attributed the "smell" to the "garbage" sitting in the hot florida sun. I hope JA can ask him about that.

And JB asks these leading questions IMO on purpose, so the witness will be signaled for the answer. IMO, MOO

Just Jayla
This morning, 6 ejected for napping. This afternoon, 100 wide awake! Thanks Jeff! #caseyanthony
by jimlichtenstein via twitter at 3:46 PM

Who the heck naps? If you're gonna wait all that time in line to get in, don't nap!!! Or, master the art of sleeping with your eyes open. Maybe they should pipe in some rock music instead of white noise during the side bars, that'll do it!

mck16
JB had to go to Nebraska to find someone that would agree with him and get on the stand and testify to all this crap. WoW!! Amazing. jmo

logicalgirl
Oh boy - we are back to no body in the trunk according to Dr. Huntington....

JA is trying to control himself.....

1tasha
06-17-2011, 03:50 PM
If you are coming to testify about an experiment, why don't you bring the data with you?

Infuriating that someone could be so blase about being an expert witness in any case--much less a case where a child has been murdered. He deserves what he's getting.

Tulessa
JA please ask him about the smell on redirect! :maddening:

fifteen89

And for me it just underscores the comparison to the A-list witnesses (and lawyers for that matter) on the Prosecution side.

sleutherontheside
Like a mommy bird.....JB chews up the key phrases and spits them down Dr. Huntington's throat for regurgitation.

PlainJaneDoe
For anyone who wants to go swimming (or to the park, or make cookies, or whatever) don't forget you CAN watch Ashton (or Baez, or anyone else) in action later without missing any.

WFTV has the entire trial in parts, on the article from that day.

Part 6 ends when they break for lunch, so Ashton will be after that.

http://www.wftv.com/caseyanthony/28268047/detail.html

So you can leave without missing anything, it just won't be live. :seeya:

You're the best!!!

Dr.Fessel
Jury is seeing this guy is all BS.

QueenD
Can JA re-cross this witness?

Azcrabcakes

Wha...?

mydailyopinions
I think the Dr. is afraid now to answer Baez's questions...he knows JA is coming back for re-direct! This is going to get real good!

I think I'll send Mr. Ashton a stress ball now!

KariKae

The god's honest truth?

I think she does. People keep saying she look p!zzed. To me, she looks cocky and vindicated.

Ssejors
Can a Vacuum suck up Flies, Fly parts, fly eggs, or fly pupae?

just curious... Cause Im pretty sure car washes have Vacuums. and Its not IMPOSSIBLE for ICA to have vacuumed her car at a carwash.

whiteangora

Oh Lordy, now we're back to square one....TH says it doesn't make sense? But he thinks JB does?

nursebeeme
did you all just hear him saying that he didn't think a body was in the trunk????? ((ds is banging on the piano and I cannot hear)))

cecybeans
06-17-2011, 03:51 PM
Oh good JB - bring up the air samples. Then JA can make you stick your nose in the cans Dr. H. Because you never, ever smelled the car.

Bon
JB just does not give up, does he???

kyrasmummy
JA looks like he is ready to pounce, love him!

Tulessa
Oh boy!! JA is angry!!

biggirl
How are the Jurors reacting in the courtroom?

wvjules
Like a mommy bird.....JB chews up the key phrases and spits them down Dr. Huntington's throat for regurgitation.

Now that's a visual I didn't need after all of the maggot talk. lol

fifteen89
i swear I will NEVER watch her again

no matter what

i can only take so much

Maybe someone should be keeping a running recording for our amusement AFTER the guilty verdict.

wenwe4
Dr. H- the evidence doesn't make sense any way you look @ it...Dr. Haskell report vehicle own findings doesn't find anything that says a body in trunk...

chloroform if body of trunk....would not see those kind flies....

if we were coming to assumptions...chlroform prevent colonization

evidence in bag (object -sustain)

I would like to expand...don't speak with objection
air samples recognized in scientific community? (object-relevance scope) sustained

member of Am Acdademy of Forensic science - up to date latest journals relates to decomp...yes I teach about this topic..... sidebar

QB.
06-17-2011, 03:52 PM
Is JB asking his expert witness his professional opinion on the validity of air sample testing or do I have it wrong?

BetteDavisEyes
Where's my can opener, or is it a tab top?

mydailyopinions
Woo Hoo Ashton!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=al0WOcP-R5I

Salem
What the heck is this? They already accepted him as an expert, but now the DT wants him to testify as to Vass's experience/reputation? Is that what is happening here?

Salem

Tulessa
Gooooooooooooooooo JA!! :woohoo::woohoo:

MEM2010
TH says the evidence doesn't make sense. Of course it doesn't when someone is covering up a murder!

SarahEcho
Wow, he teaches on the subject. That hits home with a jury that he isn't just the student but now a teacher himself in the subject.

21merc7
did you all just hear him saying that he didn't think a body was in the trunk????? ((ds is banging on the piano and I cannot hear)))

You heard correctly, he did say that

Velouria
:shakehead: :deadhorse:

smeck

Since he is relatively new at this, maybe they got him at a bargain rate.

costalpilot

well this morning she was all smiles

and imo if she hasn't got the drift by this morning

nuthings changed

Turnadot
Can't wait for Ashton's cross!

BigFatMommyDog
self editing self editing self editing -but I did say something funny about a cabin boy

magnolia

~Yes~

Solomisskitty
The money that the state of FL paid this expert should be refunded to the taxpayers. IMO

mitzi

Yeah...and gramma-bird (aka LKB) texts JB what the key phrases should be!

Linda7NJ
06-17-2011, 03:53 PM
he thinks tabacco spit can smell like decomp:floorlaugh:

I think the jury heard that loud and clear...they're hearing Charlie Browns teachers voice right about now...

reeseeva
Why can't Jeff A. bring up how many times that trunk was open?

MEM2010
Does JB want TH to say Vass is not a chemist? Oh boy..

Tipstaff
JB looks desperate. His witnesses so far make a few points then get destroyed by the State.

JB is looking more and more desperate leading to the thinking the DT doesn't have much. He continues with the witness and the hole just gets deeper.

erinleigh
I hate when JA yells and gets aggressive, though...brilliant as he is. And, yes, I think he's been phenomenal -- but he's making me nervous

I hope the jury sees this as JA's passion for Justice for Caylee. I do get a little stressful though because I do not want to see JA admonished in from of the jury

MissJames
I really ,really think this expert witness was mislead about some of the evidence. Really.
His own scenario does not make sense ,IMO.

christee
I think KC has a streak of gray hair above her left temple. :dunno:
I've not noticed that before.

SyraKelly

yes he can

Kenziema
Round and round and round we go...

costalpilot
self editing self editing self editing -but I did say something funny about a cabin boy

im losing it

thats hilarious and i have no idea why

camcneishg
OPEN, OPEN, OPEN...( the old commercial for Mervin's) LOL

imawitch
JB just does not give up, does he???

he just the kind of man we need fighting for OUR CAYLEE, jeff rocks! mo

I love that he doesnt give up

ynotdivein
06-17-2011, 03:54 PM
Juror 8 is whispering with juror 16 as well. #CaseyAnthony -jfell
by cfnews13casey via twitter at 3:47 PM

KMouse

It hasn't been asked.............yet.........

Mountain_Kat
Also (since I'm a pretty good student), there was puperia in the trunk. Dr. Haskell wanted to find an adult to see what that puperia species was. THAT'S when he found the blowfly leg in the trash bag. Then he opened the papertowel...many coffin flies flew out. No organic material in the trash bag, hence the coffin flies were feeding on something on the papertowels. He tests that, and finds it's adipocere.

Apparently, I learned more about this trial testimony than Dr. Huntington did.

ETA: the puperia in the trunk turned out to be the early colonizer variety of flies. Coffin flies come later in decomp. That concludes class for the day. ;)

countzero

Was this a rhetorical question :floorlaugh:

Oh I'll bite. When JB is at the mic, yes. If Linda, Frank or Jeff, especially Jeff, a huge NO.

ExpectingUnicorns
"Sidebar" is a misnomer in this case. It should be called the mainbar!

Salem

Well, just remember he can't say that tobacco spit doesn't smell like decomp.

My opinion is that this witness has no credibility. He could not answer one single, simple question without hedging.

Salem

21merc7
06-17-2011, 03:55 PM
Short sidebar? what is JB drinking in a cup in front of KC?

QueenD
he thinks tabacco spit can smell like decomp:floorlaugh:

I think the jury heard that loud and clear...they're hearing Charlie Browns teachers voice right about now...

Wait till his students in his next class ask him to explain that one.

Curious Me
Waiting for the witness to say the flies we're talking about were tobacco addicted and had fewer babies. Tobacco is hard to quit, even for a fly.

TortillaChip
Trying big time rehab here. But JA will go up there again and set the record straight. This witness has lots of cojones to say that there never was a body in the trunk, after smelling it!!!!!!

Dr.Fessel
The Jury heard loud and clear a piece of paper in a salami package stunk up a car for 2 years.

pjmale

Aren't the good citizens of Florida paying for ICA's defense?

MsFacetious
The money that the state of FL paid this expert should be refunded to the taxpayers. IMO

Why? The STATE got their money's worth from this defense witness. :innocent:

pipkins
twitter

CFNews13Casey Casey Anthony News13
Some Jurors are taking notes during this sidebar. Juror 2 (statue) is rocking in his chair.

MEM2010
So where does TH think the smell was coming from in the trunk 2 YEARS later?

Marina2
Add Gerus & Bones to that list.
And Gerus handler and Lee and Bloise and Casey...

LunaticFringe

If he would had a whiff of the car 3 years ago....he would not have said that.

jane the dood
I think bug guy confused himself

I think this line of question really bugs him. Heh heh.

nursebeeme
wesh live blog saying this this sidebar 8 of the day

((insert eek smilie))

Turnadot
Not being snide here, but if I were his student, I wouldn't be after today.

sleutherontheside
06-17-2011, 03:56 PM
he just the kind of man we need fighting for OUR CAYLEE, jeff rocks! mo

I love that he doesnt give up

That he does. I think I'm going to buy him a tie for Father's Day but NOT a pocket square. :innocent:

Donjeta
WFTV folks saying Casey's reactions are testimony whether she likes it or not.

ahoyhoy
PS do you have something to confess? :silly:
(snipped respectfully)

I think I made the mods snip me twice today. I really apologize.....Don't TO me, bro! I LOVE Websleuths!!!! Sorry.

BuffaloPI
Watching ICA (as she is watching her monitor) during sidebar, noticed she only blinks once or twice a minute - weird! Like a predatory reptile or something. I wonder what the body language experts would say about that.

CarolinaWoman
Who the heck naps? If you're gonna wait all that time in line to get in, don't nap!!! Or, master the art of sleeping with your eyes open. Maybe they should pipe in some rock music instead of white noise during the side bars, that'll do it!

At the beginning of the trial before the mobs showed up, the news reported homeless people were attending. Getting out of the heat and taking naps. They were removed from the courtroom.

fifteen89
WFTV's coverage - an attorney online is saying Casey's gyrations and reactions are testimony whether she likes it or not. Bill's reaction next.

reeseeva
WFTV reporting that KC's actions in the courtroom are in fact "Testimony" to the Jurors.....

monique

According to Bill Shaeffer:

$500.00/hour for depositions and testimony.
$150.00/hour for all other time away from home, ie: travel, layover, hotel time.

nomoresorrow
I'd like to know who Casey is texting. I'm sorry but I've watched closely and it's obvious to me that's exactly what she's doing!

ETA: It looks like she puts it inside a binder to make it look like she's reading...

21merc7
What's going on, I see HHJP laughing but I cannot hear him???

Sedona722
Bill S just said ICA's gyrations and movements in court is testimony whether she likes it or not. This from an attorney by email to Bill S.

Solomisskitty
06-17-2011, 03:57 PM

I believe since it is an indigent case, the State is picking up the tab for DT witnesses.

eaglemom
So where does TH think the smell was coming from in the trunk 2 YEARS later?

it depends.....

erinleigh
there does not appear to be any food in the trash!

if there was no food in the trash then how does the witness conclude the odor got into the car and remained for 2 years? how does he get a large stain from trash containing no food? how does he account for maggots and flies again - spit?? yet he CAN conclude there is NO evidence a dead body could have possibly been in the trunk

wenwe4

kc koolaid!

TiaM
Baez will never learn. :loser:

He keeps this up and Jeff Ashton IS going to get those decomp smell/trunk liner cans opened for the witness and the jury. :rocker:

Dude is just incapable of taking his beating and sitting down. :loser:

grandmaj

just curious... Cause Im pretty sure car washes have Vacuums. and Its not IMPOSSIBLE for ICA to have vacuumed her car at a carwash.

Don't forget LDB got it on the record that George Anthony was compulsive about cleaning all of the cars every weekend. Even the cars of his grown adult children. Lee's truck was cleaned by George and he didn't even live at home.

That car was not seized until about 3pm on the day after Cindy called police. Cindy removed items from the car and sprayed it with Fabreeze. George went so far as to remove the battery before he went to work on the day Casey was found. IMO I think the jury would be free and have been lead to think that the car was thoroughly cleaned. That car was way too neat after having been abandoned. MOO

KathrynL
06-17-2011, 03:58 PM

I wonder if the SA team has decided not to stoop to the level of the DT in asking about experts being paid. Such questions are silly, imo. Everyone is getting paid.

Tipstaff

Jim Beam:loser:

21merc7
DS snubbing KC again

ynotdivein
Info

Juror 16 and 17 are whispering to one another. Juror 15 now in on the convo. Seems they may be looking over at casey?
by Gabe Travers/WESH.com at 3:56 PM

Unfortunately, we know these are all alternates.

mitzi
I really ,really think this expert witness was mislead about some of the evidence. Really.
His own scenario does not make sense ,IMO.

So Huntington came to Florida on Dec. 13, 2008 to try to get into the scene at Suburban dr. , as did all the DT experts, (not allowed to due to it being a currently processing crime scene), but did not take the time to go LOOK at the contents of the garbage bag? All he did was later look at some pictures that JB sent him? Puleeeese! Send him back to Nebraska NOW! :maddening:

Mohabi
I just edited myself.

strach304
06-17-2011, 03:59 PM

He's the only one he could find that disagreed with Haskell.

MsFacetious
WFTV said they are going to talk about Casey's gyrations. :eek:

Not Bill, it was the other guy. He said her gyrations and her expressions are testimony.. or something like that. Her body language is testifying.

Gyrations?? Could he have chosen a WORSE word? He never explained... just talked about general laughing and expressions. :waitasec:

http://www.wftv.com/caseyanthony/index.html

Marina2

She took TL's vehicle for a good vacuum and clean up at the car wash before he came home from NY. She likely stopped by and tried to clean her car at one. I bet there was some vacuum in Orlando filled with maggots at one time three years ago.

krt
Let's see how many forbidden doors Baez flings open on re-direct.

LOL

Door 1 Door 2 or Door 3? Just like prize is right.............don't forget to spayed and neuter your clients!:floorlaugh:

Linda7NJ
Geeez...I am gonna have to whip up some chloroform ...get a raw steak and set both outside under a box and see what happens.

My son can hand it in as a science project:floorlaugh:

Donjeta
WFTV talking about defense lawyers knowing that defendant's body language means a lot, you don't want your client acting appropriately. Maybe the jury laughed but the one person who shouldn't laughed twice.

Searchfortruth
06-17-2011, 04:00 PM
This reminds me of one of Jose's famous quotes...

"It's not evidence until it's been admitted in court, until it's had and passed the rigors of cross examination," said Casey's attorney Jose Baez.

kathyn2
Isn't this air sample questioning opening up the possibility of opening those cans for the jurors??

watchinginky
According to Bill Shaeffer:

$500.00/hour for depositions and testimony.
$150.00/hour for all other time away from home, ie: travel, layover, hotel time.

He's really raking it in today....wow!

He gets paid for hotel time??? I'm in the wrong profession.

I don't think witnesses should be paid....it makes them biased.

Themis
I'm so glad the DT bought THIS defense expert -- in the same way I'm really glad the DT has JB ... KWIM?

krt
I'd like to know who Casey is texting. I'm sorry but I've watched closely and it's obvious to me that's exactly what she's doing!

ETA: It looks like she puts it inside a binder to make it look like she's reading...

Is she allowed to do that? I would think not!

21merc7
Everybody snubbing KC

Azcrabcakes
06-17-2011, 04:01 PM
He slices, dices, roasts pigs in junked cars, and is an expert witness on most topics!

TiaM
That he does. I think I'm going to buy him a tie for Father's Day but NOT a pocket square. :innocent:

I think he should wear that snowy white one everyday. That way he can have it handy when he is finally ready to surrender.

:truce:

MissJames

This could follow him around forever. He will be impeached in every single case from now on. At least,he should be ,IMO.

Marina2
I bet that pig-in-a-blanket joke was a set up by JA so the jury could see the real KC. Sort of like the "What if the victim walked in the door right now...?" thing.

Eidetic
KBelichWFTVKathi Belich, WFTV

Jury was paying very close attention to state cross examination.. They turned down a break so they could see the tobacco def expert sd was

11 minutes ago

KBelichWFTVKathi Belich, WFTV

On an empty soda can that would attract the "coffin" flies

10 minutes ago

QueenD
What we doing now? I thought we were at SB

Nore
:loveyou: JA!!!

---------
I get so frushstrated with Baez I am afraid to post!!!!
God forgive me for what I am thinking!!!!
Yes the body was moved, from the trunk to the "resting place".:banghead::seeya:

Sedona722
WFTV talking about defense lawyers knowing that defendant's body language means a lot, you don't want your client acting appropriately. Maybe the jury laughed but the one person who shouldn't laughed twice.

Yep, they said of all the things for ICA to laugh at was the "pigs in blanket", that her young daughter was wrapped in a blanket.

strach304
06-17-2011, 04:02 PM
I wonder if the SA team has decided not to stoop to the level of the DT in asking about experts being paid. Such questions are silly, imo. Everyone is getting paid.

They all do it to show they have a reason for bias in their opinion and testimony they give.JB asked Dr. Haskell the same thing.

Blue Ridge

Absolutely, I agree......all the do it yourself carwashes have them and many of the convenience stores actually do too....a combination vaccuum / air hose off the side of the parking area.

gelfie68
I missed something, what is going on right now? Technical difficulties?

smeck
Please let JA re finish today's presentation.

Donjeta
06-17-2011, 04:03 PM
Do you think ICA knows we're all intently watching her and she's a TV star at last?

nursebeeme
hhjp reviewing something w/ court reporter on computer

jon_burrows
JA added a whole new meaning to the term 'opening up a can of whoop a**.

IMO

faefrost
WFTV folks saying Casey's reactions are testimony whether she likes it or not.

Oh yeah. She has been shooting looks at JA all afternoon that are best described as chilling. I think she is sizing him up to be double bagged and stuffed in the trunk.

NavySubMom

JB was asking the witness about Vass testimony....JA objected. I think they are reading some testimony, it seems the Court Reporter is involved with the Judge, so he can make he decision on what was or was not testified to, or something alnog those lines.

Bobbarita
JA, I wish you were here, JA, you've taught me so much, JA, I'm so proud of you...

KMouse
He's the only one he could find that disagreed with Haskell.

But how did JB/LKB know that on Dec 11th? I have a feeling there were conversations prior to Dec 11, 2008.

BetteDavisEyes
I think HHJP is reviewing documents or case law.

faefrost
I missed something, what is going on right now? Technical difficulties?

yet another sidebar

MEM2010
it depends.....

but how so? The witness testified there was no food in the trunk. Just some bottles of spit, and spit is not similar to decomp smell.

I mean there had to have been something foul in that trunk to smell two years later.

sleutherontheside
06-17-2011, 04:04 PM
I think he should wear that snowy white one everyday. That way he can have it handy when he is finally ready to surrender.

:truce:

No silly I was buying it for Jeff. That man would NEVER surrender. :innocent:

21merc7

We were, then HHJP laughing, then recording, then Court Reporter and HHJP reviewing something, no sound here, no attorneys shown.

Well, other than the 2 ignoring KC at the table and wishing she would entertain herself.

Anyone have anything going on?

kathyn2
whats going on????? where are they all?

twall
Info

Juror 16 and 17 are whispering to one another. Juror 15 now in on the convo. Seems they may be looking over at casey?
by Gabe Travers/WESH.com at 3:56 PM

Unfortunately, we know these are all alternates.

BBM
We do? :waitasec: Do share where that info. came from, I missed it!

pinkfly
wow it’s after 4 already. They need to get Huntington done and out of here today

ahoyhoy
WFTV said they are going to talk about Casey's gyrations. :eek:

Not Bill, it was the other guy. He said her gyrations and her expressions are testimony.. or something like that. Her body language is testifying.

Gyrations?? Could he have chosen a WORSE word? He never explained... just talked about general laughing and expressions. :waitasec:

http://www.wftv.com/caseyanthony/index.html

Gettin' that hot body back, since her witness is doing SO well.:loser:

kantoo
Time for IS to redo their long montage of people testifying to the smell of decomp in the car and include this witness!

jenniek
But how did JB/LKB know that on Dec 11th? I have a feeling there were conversations prior to Dec 11, 2008.

Maybe he has an ax to grind??

Turnadot
06-17-2011, 04:05 PM
but how so? The witness testified there was no food in the trunk. Just some bottles of spit, and spit is not similar to decomp smell.

I mean there had to have been something foul in that trunk to smell two years later.
/Dr Huntington

It depends...

/Off

luv
Everybody snubbing KC
http://i56.tinypic.com/xcuauv.jpg

Curious Me
He's really raking it in today....wow!

He gets paid for hotel time??? I'm in the wrong profession.

Can you say, "It depends"?

reeseeva
After today, I have the utmost faith in the Prosecution's passion, to bring Justice for Caylee.

QueenD

Bingo! And that would be from the person who put her there. Their client.

21merc7
It seems not only the Judge and Court Reporter looking at something, so is the State, perhaps DT, but I do not have a screen of them.

MEM2010
/Dr Huntington

It depends...

/Off

oh thank you!

gelfie68
I really worry about JB sense of time, this is the longest 30 minutes EVAH!

momtective
06-17-2011, 04:06 PM
Link to "Support for Jeff Ashton and Prosecution Team" thread
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76573&page=8

Tipstaff
JB is stringing this out for the rest of the day.

ynotdivein
Welcome back my fellow WSers.

Remember this prayer? "Lord, forgive us for what we are about to see."

I am adding to it.

Lord, forgive us for what we are about to witness.

Let us remember TOS, and give thanks for the WS community we have been fortunate enough to find.

Please protect our fingers from numbness when we sit on our hands, and remind us to walk away from the keyboard when we are feeling too emotional.

And let us each keep Caylee Marie Anthony foremost in our thoughts and closest to our hearts.

Bumpity

mydailyopinions
Please bring out the cans and allow the Dr. to sniff! Please! The jury can just take his facial expressions as testimony and he would never have to say a word!

eaglemom

according to this expert EVERYTHING "depends" and tobbacco spit is capable of decomposing and is made of bodily fluids and it took FOREVER for him to concede it would NOT smell like a decomposing body so I, for one, would not put it past him to say it could have spilled in the trunk and the smell remained

MOO

21merc7
We're back