PDA

View Full Version : 2011.06.18 TRIAL Day Twenty-two (Morning Session Only)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12

Mosby
06-18-2011, 11:08 AM
I will watch cross, but I could not watch CM with this witness. I have a hard time understanding both of them.

Thanks all for the posting.

I second that. I just can't take the DT. Thanks so much for posting the blow-by-blow.

pipkins
...so he concludes that the cause of death is either accidental or homicide ...

BigFatMommyDog
So she was decomposing SOMEWHERE else and then gagged and bagged and transported ?

Backyard?
playhouse? no..

Dr. W.S. Says NO he is not able to tell us what the manner of death is.

CM - finally how many autopsies have you conducted o5 supervised?

60,000. Roughly 60,000 autopsies!!!!!!

practicing the manner of death for 56 years.

10 minute recess.

which would calculate to 2.935 autopsies per day, every day for 56 years

doubt it.

azscr4mbl3r
I'll buy that for a nickel! Tape that sticks to waxy slimy skin... Yeah and why would you want to put tape on a dead child?

MomCat
No gloves to do the autopsy? I would think that would be protocol? Seems weird.

It IS protocol.

Just curious...How many of his 60,000 autopsies were without gloves, without accepted standard procedures, etc? Contamination of evidence? Or is he just so good he can perform autopsies any old way. Not a dig on his age but long ago oeople didnt wear gloves, masks, etc.

passionflower
10 minute recess........JB getting chewed out by HJBP!

mck16
first question on cross- was dna discovered when you had your formative training?

love it!!!

MissDiva
Math: 60K autopsies would be 3 a day for 56 years - 365 days per year, 7 days a week.

Plus don't forget all the testimonies he gives.

This man clearly lives in a different space time continuum than we do.

It'd amazing he can do ALL that PLUS travel, teach, eat, sleep, brush his teeth...

miss plum
Math: 60K autopsies would be 3 a day for 56 years - 365 days per year, 7 days a week.

That doesn't leave much spare time for duct taping your arm and leaving it in a swamp for six months.

Chiquita71
06-18-2011, 11:09 AM
Why did this man cut Caylee' skull in half? TIA.

ontariolynn13
Do most of you feel that Casey knows her time is up, and she is going to her new home forever, or do you think in her mind, she believes that she still might walk, just interested to see what you think, she is hard to read, except for the fact that she is not happy being in court.

uklaw
I think his explanation for the Duck Tape being applied is ridiculous! Like ICA was worried her jaw would fall off? ICA's motto was "outta site, outta mind" and that's what she did

Well the Defense theory is not that ICA hid the body iirc.

However, I think that is one of his stronger parts of testimony. I must admit I wasn't paying too much attention, I was doing other things. However, his testimony that there would be DNA on the duct tape had it been attached ante mortem, if accepted, blows the Prosecution theory out of the water.

It is going to be interesting to see cross. I have a weird feeling that Ashton will let his temper get the better of him and open to door for the Defense to bring in a whole load more on re-direct.

Let's wait and see.

kaRN
Oh Good Lord . . . JC on HLN saying it's a big deal that her skull decomposed when she was on her left side, but her skull was found upright.

We aren't idiots. All that means is that she was on her left side in the trunk and/or that when she was thrown out like trash, she landed on her left. But after the animals and flooding got to her, she ended up face up.

Dr G rinsed out the cranium with a saline solution to wash out the debris. If the skull rolled slightly to the left after that procedure, after it was placed back on the autopsy table or during transport to the funeral home, the mud would have pooled there.

BritsKate
CM wanted to leave on this big BANG about how this witness has done whatever over 60 thousand times: lie...

but this <modsnip>witness ruined it by going on and on and on about HIMSELF. I think Casey is crying because everyone keeps talking about themselves. There are people just as self centered and evil in the room and they are getting all the attention.

:cow:

I could be married to you! :crazy:

My husband said the very same thing.

Whisperer
HE could certainly tell what is NOT the Manner of Death. I expect JA to ask him that.Four causes of manner of death:

1. Caylee didn't commit suicide.
2. she didn't die of natural causes,
3. no accident was reported.
4. That leads anyone to conclude homicide.

MissJames
I have to say that I have disagreed with Dr. G all along. I think it is quite possible that the duct tape was put over Caylee´s face after death. Sorry to say it, but to keep body fluids from spilling.

So did she know in advance body fluids would spill and did it to prevent that? If so ,why not on the rectum,as that's the first place to spill?
If she didn't know in advance,did she put the tape on after the body fluids started spilling? I mean,tape doesn't stick so well to wet objects. :waitasec:

Bullwinkle
While we're at sidebar, early this morning on HLN it was mentioned that a local bar is providing trial-watchers with live coverage from the courtroom, which is also being shown on a big screen, installed by the City, downtown.

grammieto5
I have to say that I have disagreed with Dr. G all along. I think it is quite possible that the duct tape was put over Caylee´s face after death. Sorry to say it, but to keep body fluids from spilling.

I won't go into details, BUT baby Caylee had more then mouth and nose openings????

kathyn2
06-18-2011, 11:10 AM
So do you think JA can do anything with Spitz's testimony? I hope so! How does he know about duct tape when there was barely any of it left and all the stickem was gone? I hope that JA brings that up.

mitzi
Rut Roh...he says adipocere develops in warm temperatures, as opposed to yesterday's expert, who says cool and moist temperatures
and then he said it takes 10 or 12 days before you see adipocere.

Spitz also said that there was no adipocere on the 'skeletin'....ummmm, no kidding...it was left in the dang car and wiped up with the paper towels.

angela
Do most of you feel that Casey knows her time is up, and she is going to her new home forever, or do you think in her mind, she believes that she still might walk, just interested to see what you think, she is hard to read, except for the fact that she is not happy being in court.
I think she is convinced she will walk, marry JB, and live happily ever after.

strawberry
Every time someone types WS for Dr Spitz, I think they are saying WebSleuths... argghhh! I need more coffee.

Yesterday I kept thinking TH was talking head

Ssejors
New bikini wax technique.
OUCH!!!!!

ACk, thanks, that perfect.

I got a bikini wax the other day. I didn't lose much skin, mostly just hair.

So MOST of what would stick to duct tape would be HAIR, and the HAIR MAT was STILL stuck to the duct tape.. Any small hairs or skin that was stuck to the duct tape, decomposed and washed away with a tropical storm.

pipkins
twitter

Evrbdy's praising Spitz's testimony, Ashton will debunk it ALL as mute, why?Ovr 5 mths of weather/hurricain conditions

robotdog
duct tape and water + months in a swamp = ?

1. are you a cheminst ?

2. are you a chemist ?

3. are you a chemist ?

4. a non slippery eel like object

Just K
I've been sitting on my fingers on this subject too.

Really? Wow! The thought never crossed my mind, WOW!

SMK
And if "someone" had put it on the skelton to hold the mandible in place, why would it be LOOSE?That is a VERY good question!!! Water may have removed both tape and dna, perhaps? Meaning it was put prior to decomp, not after.....

Kimster
06-18-2011, 11:11 AM
I haven't been able to be here on the Trial or Sidebar threads the past 2 days. Nobody told me there was going to be a party!

Did the invitation specify it as BASHFEST, June 2011?

I had 92 alerts in my email inbox. NINETY-TWO.

The party is officially over now. Lights out. All the trash has been taken out to the dump. You'll notice a few of those who were partying particularly hard will not be around for a couple of days.

It is obvious we have allowed a LOT of leeway in these threads - extraneous posts, chit chat, etc... and moderated with a very light hand. There were at least 4 mod requests and reminders posted by different mods in yesterday's threads. Completely ignored. Consider the emergency brake thrown.

This is the deal: Any ridiculous, insulting, childish, petty bashing and/or name calling posted today will result in a 3 day Time Out. So, if you choose to post it today, you will not be participating on Monday and Tuesday.

I'll go ahead and anticipate the "Can you clarify what is considered bashing?" Here is a good rule of measure: Before posting it ask yourself, "Is this something I heard or would have said myself while in Jr. High School?" If you even think the answer could be "yes", you can be sure it does not belong on any thread in this forum.

I just got here and read this first. Thought I'd bump it up so that if you have done any name calling or name variations recently, you can edit them before I start reading the thread. :kimsterwink:

Let no one say they weren't warned! :nono:

pinkfly
If you were triple bagging a body would you be the slightest bit concerned about making sure the jaw bone stayed in place? Nawww, me either.

coloradoteacher
Yes, and since his opinion is that the duct tape was placed on her skull, he's basically thrown out Baez's idea that the duct tape might have been placed loosely on her face and his other idea that it's obvious that the duct tape was never near her face.

GREAT point.

jon_burrows

I just can't imagine Casey getting that close to a decomposing corpse. Three layers of duct tape would require a bit of time pulling it off then putting it on her face and hair. The smell would have been atrocious. I don't think the duct tape would have adhered to decomp spillage either.

IMO

Chiquita71
Sooooo Kronk knew exactly the rare type of duct tape that the Anthonys had in their home and placed it on the skull?.... or he just coincidentally happened to own the same type of rare duct tape?GMAB

Ooooo Good one Harmony :yes: I guess George lent the person he gave Caylee's body to the roll of duct tape? (sarcasm, of course)

:tyou: for your post!

:twocents:

2goldfish
Cannot say manner of death

Okay, does not say anything Dr. G didn't

I was VERY relieved he said that, that's fair enough IMO if he just cant decide. I quite like him and I didnt want to think he was going to stretch truth to save the heinie of a baby killer. I think on cross JA will have the good dr eating out of his hand....another weight on the state's side... thanks BAEZ&CO for helping out the state at every turn.

jojomonkey
Plus don't forget all the testimonies he gives.

This man clearly lives in a different space time continuum than we do.

It'd amazing he can do ALL that PLUS travel, teach, eat, sleep, brush his teeth...

I did the math immediately too. Impossible. I thought maybe he said 16,000 at first. He's full of it.

And on another note, apparently he does not take any other circumstantial evidence into account when determining manner of death such as, oh, a baby being inside a garbage bag at a dump site. Wow, he ruled out suicide so really, he can't make a determination between natural causes, accident, or murder?

TotallyObsessed
I think his explanation for the Duck Tape being applied is ridiculous! Like ICA was worried her jaw would fall off? ICA's motto was "outta site, outta mind" and that's what she did

That is only to try and boster the DT's theory of RK moving the body...guess they are trying to say RK put the duct tape on the skull to keep it together for the BIG REVEAL.

Stupid

kaRN
I'm not sure. Part of me thinks she thinks that if she pouts enough, cries at the right times and gets on the stand to lie like her life depended on it, she'll walk. Howdy neighbor!!

TiaM
Oh Good Lord . . . JC on HLN saying it's a big deal that her skull decomposed when she was on her left side, but her skull was found upright.

We aren't idiots. All that means is that she was on her left side in the trunk and/or that when she was thrown out like trash, she landed on her left. But after the animals and flooding got to her, she ended up face up.

Dr. G did a "cranium wash" instead of cutting open the skull. She did it to get a sample of whatever was inside still. The very act of holding the skull upside down, or to one side, to apply this wash could very well have caused the remaining "dust" to flow to that side and dry. Simple.

HOTNTX
My thoughts so far:

Dr. Spitz, although highly decorated and esteemed, is cleary a "paid" witness. I think that he has lost the jury mainly because they have been oversaturated with forensics for the past 3 days. It's like white noise to them by now. (saw twitters from Kathy Belich...she said that they were restless, stretching and yawning).

Add in the accent and his frequent requests to repeat a question (God love him, he is 85) and it's going no where. I'm sure that the graphics of the autopsy are helping him out more as far as the jury goes...they can just look.

I think that he does not give true facts -- duct tape added after decomposition, skull was on it's side, there would be DNA on the tape....

Why would Dr. G have to open up the skull if nothing was inside of it, it was detached and she could actually view the entire inside of the skull (via her eye sockets, mouth, ear openings?

I also thought that there were no "organs" left due to decomposition? What "brain" is Dr. Spitz saying that he looked at if Caylee was completely skeletonized?

I think that this "local", i.e. Florida jury will be more inclined to believe the "hometown girl", who is just as acclaimed as Dr. Spitz.

DIXIECAT
06-18-2011, 11:12 AM
I'm just doing a quickie check in... did anyone notice that Dr. Spitz said that adiposere developes in WARM ENVIRONMENT? Yesterday, Dr. H said it needs "cool" weather to develope... just sayin.'

QueenD
JB tried to give CM a final question, which CM declined. Probably would have dug a deeper hole for ICA, which CM realized. IMO, MOO, etc.

Probably got a text from guess who?

5stars
Goodbye Casey if this your defense side.

robotdog
I think she is convinced she will walk, marry JB, and live happily ever after.

ty, i just threw up a little in my mouth
:floorlaugh:

miss plum
We've had the pig in the cold car for 11 days experiment and the duct tape on the arm experiment-- next we need a witness who went for a quick swim to tell us all about how they replicated accidental drowning.

yllek
06-18-2011, 11:13 AM
Okay, JA or LDB, good chance to ask direct and succint questions of the witness that require him to explain the reasons for his expert opinions, the holes in which will be easy to display. Don't let him ramble, don't affront his ego and elicit a meltdown... Just let him discredit his own theories by asking the appropriate questions and dismiss the man. That's what I hope to see. JMO...

Nali87
Witness didn't impress me at all. Dr. G already stated that cause of death couldn't be determined. He basically repeated what she said. The cicumstances surrounding the death of Caylee, other evidence found, the way she was thrown away like garbage, points to homicide. Sorry, but JB is not going to convince me two rational adults (Casey and George) decided that throwing away a child (known around her community, surely to be missed by family etc) was better/safer/smarter than reporting a simple accident. No way, Jose.

Tuffy
It IS protocol.

Just curious...How many of his 60,000 autopsies were without gloves, without accepted standard procedures, etc? Contamination of evidence? Or is he just so good he can perform autopsies any old way. Not a dig on his age but long ago oeople didnt wear gloves, masks, etc.

Not a slam on the old folks either, but I worked in the medical field in the late 80s, early 90s, and most of the people already in the field when I started would try to not use gloves if they didn't think they'd get caught. No one was used to it. The whole AIDS thing changed that, but it was the older people that had the hardest time adjusting to it.

I worked in a hospital lab/morgue, and I would catch them doing all sorts of procedures sans gloves! Ick!

Mare10
All the TH's are saying it was good testimony and raised reasonable doubt. Oh Geez, I must have missed something because from what I have heard thus far in the trial, all that WS said can be debunked IMO. Now I'm a little nervous.

mydailyopinions
Duct tape, garbage bags (2), laundry bag, tossed in a garbage dump does not equal accident.

Its been testified to that NO STICKY STUFF or residue remained on that duct tape. If there was DNA (and I guessing there was), it long ago washed away and degarded away in all that water and all those elements.

Sorry - Dr. Spitz did not impress me.

Dr. G hit home when she said that there's no reason for a child to ever have duct tape on their face, or to not be reported missing or an accident occurring for 31 days.
Most people do not understand all these medical terms, but they do understand common sense. At this point in this trial, Dr. G saying the above has more than likely shattered all other explanations of this duct tape.

celticthyme
Can anyone tell me why the defense keeps trying to emphasize the fact that the "body had been moved?" (I know the obvious is that they are trying to imply that somehow Kronk got his hands on a dead little Caylee before she ended up in the woods.) Caylee either died somewhere else and her body was transported there in the bags while decomposing. The only other option is that she was put there ??? alive in those bags in the woods? I know I'm missing something very obvious here, but my brain hurts, and I can not follow the logic of the defense.

From all we have learned Caylee could have been moved several times before she ended up in the woods, and in between the 18th-19th of June and December 11th 2008, there was hurricane Fay. She was moved from wherever she was killed . .Some believe she could have been in the Anthony back yard for a very brief time, before being put in the trunk of the car? TIA

TiaM
I won't go into details, BUT baby Caylee had more then mouth and nose openings????

I'll say it.

Eyes
Ears
Rectum
Urethra
Vagina
Belly Button

None of those were duct taped.

deelytful1
K... I'm an accountant and as soon as Dr spitz said he performed 60,000 autopsies the hair on my neck rose... There are only 21,900 days in 60 years!!! did he do like 3 autopsies every day for 60 years? Really? I mean, c'mon!!
Did I hear wrong???

Serjen
I hope the SA asks how long an autopsy takes and then point out that it would be virtually impossible for the good Dr. to have performed 60,000 autopsies in his life (3 a day, for 7 days a week, every single day of the year).

Elley Mae
He should ask if there was any Blood, need to clean that up.

Just K
06-18-2011, 11:14 AM

The question here has always been whether or not it was put there after DEcomp as opposed to after Death.

jojomonkey
I'm so excited waiting for JA to bring it home! This is going to be AWE-SOME.

YellowSubmarine
Last witness of the day. This one was the only one JB listed when HHJP asked what other witnesses they had today. That was in response to when HHJP said the other witness had to step down.

They are stopping at 1pm anyway . . .

coloradoteacher

But the problem is that this witness said it had to have been affixed to her face after she was skeletonized, which does not make sense at all.. are they going to say that RK didn't think he would get the reward money unless the skull was intact but it didn't matter that the rest of the bones were scattered?

cluciano63
I have to say, I would convict for the wrong reasons here, if I were a juror...i.e. not because the state proved to me beyond a reasonable doubt that Casey murdered Caylee, but because of Casey herself and her expressions, and lack thereof, throughout the trial...She just looks and acts guilty to me and cannot drum up any "normal" human responses no matter how gruesome the testimony is about her baby, and this tells me she contains the element of inhumanity needed to commit such a crime...add in opportunity, selfish motives and the means, and she is done.

Mosby
06-18-2011, 11:15 AM
Just finished reading WS meltdown in the Spector trial. Would love for JA to ask how much he has been paid since the day he started working for the DT. I know he only gets JAC rates now, but would love to know what he was paid at the beginning from that nearly 300,00 the DT took in. I suspect a lot.

MomCat
it is true, apidocere is saponification. I once read a disgusting history of soap making that opined that burnt human sacrifices led to the discovery of soap - from the ashes & fat. :sick:

Eeeeew! That's how soap was discovered? Makes sense but still...eeeeew.
(off now to stare suspiciously at that bar of Lever, good for "all 2000 of your body parts.")

GetSmart
Well, at least I've learned a new way to take hair off .. DUCT TAPE!

OUCH! that's gonna hurt under arms and legs ... but hey, it should work good!

:crazy:
It works great if you get into fiberglass .. that is a whole nother story about me getting decorations from attic and decided to see if we had any holes in ac duct work ... BIG MISTAKE

Mountain_Kat
It's important for this jury to remember that Dr.S is testifying ONLY about his opinions regarding cod and manner of death. He is NOT testifying about any evidence that was found in the trunk of ICA's car, nor is he testifying about bug evidence retrieved from the crime scene or the car, nor is he testifying about the plant evidence from the crime scene.

I hope the jury realizes that.

Zoe Bogart

Actually, prior witnesses said her skull was on its left side in the muck. Jean C gets it wrong again.

Sweetbaboo
Do you think Dr. G will be back up to speak to WS's testimony?

kaRN
So do you think JA can do anything with Spitz's testimony? I hope so! How does he know about duct tape when there was barely any of it left and all the stickem was gone? I hope that JA brings that up.

He has to be careful because Dr S can be shredded apart on cross and we don't want the jury to feel like the old man was beaten down.

coloradoteacher
I have to say, I would convict for the wrong reasons here, if I were a juror...i.e. not because the state proved to me beyond a reasonable doubt that Casey murdered Caylee, but because of Casey herself and her expressions, and lack thereof, throughout the trial...She just looks and acts guilty to me and cannot drum up any "normal" human responses no matter how gruesome the testimony is about her baby, and this tells me she contains the element of inhumanity needed to commit such a crime...add in opportunity, selfish motives and the means, and she is done.

IMO, this is what happened in the Scott Peterson case...

SurfieTX
George Anthony stood in hallway and Cindy came out and rubbed his back. #CaseyAnthony -jfell
by cfnews13casey via twitter at 9:15 AM

#Ashton chomping at the bit to get started. #CaseyAnthony
by bobkealing via twitter at 9:15 AM

ExpectingUnicorns

OMGosh, SurfieTX, I'm so glad you broke this down for us!! I would never have thought to do that to show how ridiculous his numbers (and inflated ego?) are.

I hope Joypath will comment on this!

susan1122

I was just imaging this.....terrible as it is. If the body fluids started spilling it would be too late to grab the duct tape. I can't imagine ICA forseeing that body fluids would spill and having the duct tape ready. This just doesn't sit right with me. I think it was put on before death. Sad.

Wise Old Owl
06-18-2011, 11:16 AM
Is he saying he did over one thousand autopsies a year?
that would be 3 a day for 7 days a week. hhhmmm........quality seems to be a question here. It always is when you're shooting for quantity - isn't it?

pipkins
I'll say it.

Eyes
Ears
Rectum
Urethra
Vagina
Belly Button

Is a belly button an orifice?

I ask respectfully as I never thought it was?

passionflower
Why not plea if an accident 3 years ago, on HLN now by Jean.

kaRN
Do you think Dr. G will be back up to speak to WS's testimony?
Yes definitely on rebuttal.

wenwe4
Just an aside - I make homemade soap....the saponification process (chemical process of breakdown of fat by use of lye) changes the fats to turn into soap....soapmakers and candle makers used to be in the same factory as the process is much the same....

mck16
I guess so he could get on the stand and say that Dr G didn't.

I think you are exactly right. Seems he is competing with Dr. G. primarily because she is a woman and obviously much brighter and better known. jmo

jon_burrows
I hope JA asks him why he was so interested in working together with Dr. G. BEFORE they identified the remains as Caylee.

Also, JA is going to rip him to shreds regarding that silly experiment he did with duct on his arm. I can put a band aid on my arm and pull off hair too. It has nothing to do with a body that was left outside in Florida for 6 months. It's insulting to the jury.

IMO

CementPond
And still I ask, what does ANY of this have to do with an accidental drowning? Based on JB's opening statement, I would expect him to be up there introducing witnesses that speak about GA and LA's character, about possible things Casey may have told them about being abused, about the shadiness of GA, speaking about the drowning and what happened afterwards, etc. NOT bringing in witnesses to talk about DNA, autopsies, etc.

You would think that JB would have ran with the theory of Caylee being in the trunk. Rather than dispute it. After all, he could have said yes, of course there is decomp fluid in there. GA put her in the trunk in order to move her from house to ditch. Instead he fights it. Doesn't make sense.

Wagara
06-18-2011, 11:17 AM
Just joining in...and we're at break...and now a sidebar.

kaRN
Is a belly button an orifice? No :)

Eyes, ears, nose, mouth, anus, vagina, and urethra are orifices.

strawberry
Now what? Why couldn't they meet during break? The court reporter is not there!

azscr4mbl3r
HAY!!! on a happy note ! CM didn't go on ALL DAY LONG like JB yesterday... '-)

Quiche
06-18-2011, 11:18 AM
Wouldn't every single pore become a means of fluid escape?

Drama Queen
I'll say it.

Eyes
Ears
Rectum
Urethra
Vagina
Belly Button

Says it all and Thank you! Tough stuff but death for a two year old is not pleasent.
Thanks again.

YellowSubmarine
I hope the SA asks how long an autopsy takes and then point out that it would be virtually impossible for the good Dr. to have performed 60,000 autopsies in his life (3 a day, for 7 days a week, every single day of the year).

"No further questions"

Nikki_UK
I would like to ask Dr Spitz of those 60,000 autopsies he has performed, how many of those that were triple bagged and thrown out like trash did he classify as accidental death.

Lanie
Every time someone types WS for Dr Spitz, I think they are saying WebSleuths... argghhh! I need more coffee.

Dr. Huntington (or whatever) yesterday was TH, which I kept interpreting as 'talking head' and was getting very confused.

NavySubMom
It IS protocol.

I am sure he thinks just that! that he is just so good he can perform autopsies "any old way"! Loved it! IMO, MOO.

Pita
I so hope Jeff keeps this witness on the stand until quitting time and has the final word..and please God, let it be powerful.

JSR
So are GA and CA in Court? Sorry I came late.

jon_burrows
06-18-2011, 11:19 AM
They were just talking about cutting Caylee's skull in half and ICA is already over her little acting stint. She is back to whispering to DS.

IMO

Steely Dan
#CaseyAnthony During break Baez was in the hall speaking Spanish with two folks I did not recognize. #caseyanthonytrial
by bobkealing via twitter at 11:17 AM

I wonder what the hades that was about? :waitasec:

Chiquita71
I could be married to you! :crazy:

My husband said the very same thing.

That is funny BritsKate! :lol:

What blows my mind, every time I see it-and it has been through out this trial is how Casey can "turn it on and off." I guess when you have no real emotions they are easy to control?

I have tried so hard to control my emotions during this trial and I am a wreck. Talk about making this about myself: yeah I have been a weepy, snarky on edge person. I am sorry to anyone who has felt this come through my posts. You are not imagining it, it is me. :yes:

I just want for what is right and good and true to prevail. I need to have more faith...but it is sooooooooooo hard! :maddening:

:twocents:

strawberry
Here we go!

Soulmagent
Oh Man this thread is moving so fast, I am sure this post will land totally out of context of posts now..

Anyway..W Spitz is trying to suggest duct tape was applied after decomposition..even though it had separated cloth part from netting and sticky side..and the growth of roots throughout the remains and articles..

However, his explanation of applying to a decomposing body using a slippery substance ( grave Wax) and so wouldnt stick to face...LOL..So in a backward way, he is also stating application had to have been done prior to decompl...Hummm

Right but after tissue and DNA break down.

Important to note the lack of grass growth in the back yard and bug man testimony yestery.

If what these people are saying is correct then it "could be " true that the body did not decompose at all at the site or in the trunk at all but was mostly decomposed at the time of being placed with tendons and vascular most likely being left

So by the time Caylee was put there she was mostly decomposed and the only thing left at that point would be ligaments and vascular.

(defence theory )

SATA
So did she know in advance body fluids would spill and did it to prevent that? If so ,why not on the rectum,as that's the first place to spill?
If she didn't know in advance,did she put the tape on after the body fluids started spilling? I mean,tape doesn't stick so well to wet objects. :waitasec:

I may be wrong, but I think Caylee was moved a couple of days after her death. I don´t know where Casey hid the body, but it would have been close to the house - possibly in the garden.
Caylee was dressed, but there was nothing to stop the spilling from her face.
Of course I don´t know what happened, just my theory. I wish that <modsnip> on trial would tell the truth for once!

TiaM
All the TH's are saying it was good testimony and raised reasonable doubt. Oh Geez, I must have missed something because from what I have heard thus far in the trial, all that WS said can be debunked IMO. Now I'm a little nervous.

I don't think the TH's understand the difference between "reasonable" doubt and "unreasonable" doubt.

Reasonable doubt is not "any and all' doubt, nor is it "wild theory pulled out of my backside" doubt.

D96s
06-18-2011, 11:20 AM
twitter

Evrbdy's praising Spitz's testimony, Ashton will debunk it ALL as mute, why?Ovr 5 mths of weather/hurricain conditions

It has already been testified to that there was no stickum left on that duct tape. Any tissue, DNA, hair, etc. would have been stuck to the sticky stuff which long ago washed away or degraded away off the tape in the water and elements. The Dr. shouted that there was no duct tape stuck to the skull. Really, Dr. Spitz??? Really? Explain how that duct tape WOULD be stuck to the skull after decomp? In fact, though, I think it actually was stuck to the skull- it's what held the jaw in place. The skull laying its left side by his autopsy and then being found upright is no evidence that the body was moved. It's no big deal. There is evidence that animals messed with the body. Animals could have tipped the skull.

Just K

my calculation 60,000/84/365= 1.9 per day. If he started at 20 years old 2.5 per day every day for 64 years!

Seems unlikely if not impossible.

Drama Queen
Go JA!

pipkins
casey is taking deep breaths

Tulessa
God less all of you that were sitting on your hands. This is hard. links in my siggy if needed. :)

Nali87
If Jose ends up losing this case and he wonders why, he just has to look back at his opening statement.

ohiogirl
I did the math immediately too. Impossible. I thought maybe he said 16,000 at first. He's full of it.

And on another note, apparently he does not take any other circumstantial evidence into account when determining manner of death such as, oh, a baby being inside a garbage bag at a dump site. Wow, he ruled out suicide so really, he can't make a determination between natural causes, accident, or murder?

IIRC, he did not consider any other factors during the Spector trial either and that was one reason his testimony seemed so skewed. Tunnel vision is not always a good thing. imo

Mountain_Kat
JA coming in with a professional, conversational tone. Smart.

SurfieTX
Is a belly button an orifice?

I ask respectfully as I never thought it was?

It can be if it is herniated. Most buttons close though.

deelytful1
06-18-2011, 11:21 AM

Thank You... my point exactly in a later post. Rubbish! I gave the benefit of the doubt and gave him 60 years... Only 21,900 days in 60 years!
He's an absolute liar...

Zoe Bogart
Originally Posted by TiaM
I'll say it.

Eyes
Ears
Rectum
Urethra
Vagina
Belly Button

Don't forget, the pores are openings too, perspiration pores out, so can decomposition.

BigFatMommyDog
#CaseyAnthony During break Baez was in the hall speaking Spanish with two folks I did not recognize. #caseyanthonytrial
by bobkealing via twitter at 11:17 AM

I wonder what the hades that was about? :waitasec:

Telemundo contract negotiations (kidding)

Phoebeb
Wow. JA begins cross and HLN goes to commercial... fail!

wandering
Witness didn't impress me at all. Dr. G already stated that cause of death couldn't be determined. He basically repeated what she said. The cicumstances surrounding the death of Caylee, other evidence found, the way she was thrown away like garbage, points to homocide. Sorry, but JB is not going to convince me two rational adults (Casey and George) decided that throwing away a child (known around her community, surely to be missed by family etc) was better/safer/smarter than reporting a simple accident. No way, Jose.
ITA. I hope common sense rules this jury.

watergirl
So are GA and CA in Court? Sorry I came late.

Yes, but GA stepped out when WS pulled out a demo skull.

ohiogirl
my calculation 60,000/84/365- 1.9 per day. If he started at 20 years old 2.5 per day every day for 64 years!

Seems unlikely if not impossible.

He talked about doing them and supervising them. I would think a ME could supervise more than one at a time if he is in the same room. Not a factor, imo.

Stella5
Whoa... wait. Did he just impeach himself? On direct he said he hadn't seen Dr. G's report before doing his autopsy and now he said he did?!?!

kaRN
06-18-2011, 11:22 AM
Wouldn't every single pore become a means of fluid escape?

After death yes. The fluids pool in the areas closest to the ground called dependant areas, and would seep through the skin at those places.

3doglady
He already seems confused.

ebedeeb
Dr. went to the scene, got the autopsy report, and went to the A's house. That's it.

QueenD
He doesn't even know the A's name.

Mountain_Kat
JA saying to determine manner of death you need to understand the entire body of evidence.

That's exactly what I said! :floorlaugh:

fifteen89
Sounding a bit testy already?

sleutherontheside
Doesn't bode well when you can't remember the name of the family right?

Sliver
06-18-2011, 11:23 AM
Prayers for JA on doing his cross.

Searchfortruth
Well, there you have it, he received his information from the "family" and the DT.

Zoe Bogart
This guy may have a reputation, but me thinks he exaggerates and is being untruthful. I wasn't impressed that he had something to do with JFK, either.

What'sThatClue
WS does not remember who "those people were" that he spoke to in the A's home

Oakley
He didn't visit the crime scene but he asked Mr Baez and Mr Mason, the Anthony's questions to 'get information' about the background. Oh yes, he also had police reports, but doesn't recall which ones.

kaRN
He asked the lawyers and funeral home people for forensic scientific data. Oh my :)

Drama Queen
I have asked many questions of people regarding this case so that I have a good idea of what is happening. Does this make me a expert????
Ok...the fact that I stayed at Holiday Inn Express does but nothing else as far as I can tell.

Softail
He doesn't remember who he spoke to at the Anthony home. :waitasec:

3doglady
The people he spoke to in the home? Doesn't know who they were.

MissJames
Mr. Mason was NOT her with this case back then!

QueenD
Will he have to have those questions in his notes.

Mountain_Kat
Oh man...JA cutting straight to the heart of the matter. This is going to be a blood bath!

sleutherontheside
Jeff Ashton is about to conduct an autopsy!!!

kathyn2
HaHa he asked the defense team, not the authorities on the case. Can we say BIAS

strawberry
06-18-2011, 11:24 AM
Was he there at the As when CA announced they had already checked those woods?

ohiogirl
Don't beat up on an old guy. It doesn't look good. Calm, calm.

SurfieTX
Dr. Spitz is having a hard time remembering who he spoke to about the #CaseyAnthony case
by oscaseyanthony via twitter at 9:23 AM

reeseeva
Great questions from Ashton...

fifteen89
Ohhh, use his own words in the Prosecutions closing.

TiaM
Spitz asked help from Baez, Mason and the Anthonys to get information about the case to help form his opinion.

He may as well have looked on Facebook and Wikipedia for info. Might have been more accurate than any of the above sources.

strawberry
Spitz makes it sound like there was one police report... not thousands of pages of discovery!

aeneas1
wow, brutal start for the old man on cross... kinda feel sorry for the guy.

Just K
I may be wrong, but I think Caylee was moved a couple of days after her death. I don´t know where Casey hid the body, but it would have been close to the house - possibly in the garden.
Caylee was dressed, but there was nothing to stop the spilling from her face.
Of course I don´t know what happened, just my theory. I wish that little b**** on trial would tell the truth for once!
For her it is all about control and power. She has a lot of power here and she knows it, too. She has the whole country listening to her lies.

Also re: Caylee was dressed. it has also been said that she had either a diaper or a pull up on so that diaper material would have at one time contained the adipocere.

yllek
Wow, with his amazing memory for 56 years of practice, the witness has convenient memory loss when on cross without good answers. Not age-related, imo, just selective memory we often see with witnesses of all ages when pressed..

pinkfly
06-18-2011, 11:25 AM
suddenly he sounds<modsnip>. He got his information from JB and CM and maybe he talked to somebody at that home. Police records....yes but don’t know which ones.

QueenD
He read police reports Ja ask which one?

I don't know. OMG

strawberry
Caylee Marie Anthony "that's the victim in this case"....

Mountain_Kat
Dr. S...manner of death is a like a jigsaw puzzle. You have to fit all the pieces together.

Rut roh. :floorlaugh:

Broderick
I am a fan of Ashton. He is destroying him in a gentle way.

momtective
Shred him JA...shred him!

barrysgirl
and here is the REAL werner spitz

fifteen89
Casey's face is priceless.

ohiogirl
Mr. Mason was NOT her with this case back then!

Well, Dr. S also thought he was on the case before JB. Memory not so good.

Elley Mae
Wholly Crap this is really good!

Steely Dan
Spitz went to the Anthony home and met some of the Anthonys. If I were a juror that would impeach his testimony in my mind as soon as he said that. JMO

Quiche
Wow, doesn't know anything about Caylee... mo

SurfieTX
Spitz says you have to fit the jigsaw pieces together (hint to the jury).

Chiquita71
JA: who did you ask?

Mr. Baez. CM. He says he spoke to the people in the home. Some of the people he met over there.

JA: the Anthonys?

I don't know who there were?

JA: did you have police report?

yes, yes

JA: which ones?

I can't tell you

JA: what are the facts leading up to this body, what facts did you know?

I know there was a lapse of time of......pause.....a month of ah ah ah disappearance...ah ah...police report made.

JA: isn't (?) important

everything has to fit together like eh.....ahh...jigsaw puzzle. it all needs to fit to gether

JA: what is your understanding of the events of the last time Caylee was seen alive.

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????

sleutherontheside
Jeff Ashton is using Dr. Spitz' own book on medicolegal procedures. I can feel it!!!!

Wholehearted
Ok, long pauses. Is Dr. Spitz not remembering, or not wanting to answer?

logicalgirl
JA is going to take this witness's evidence apart piece by piece. Slowly and painfully.

MaryAnn
Omg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Softail
06-18-2011, 11:26 AM
JA asking him about the events surrounding the last time Caylee was seen alive. He doesn't seem to know alot. JA reminds him that she is the victim.

He knows about a babysitter.

Turnadot
the state is bringing this all on themselves. they should remove the death penalty charge.
that would untie the judges hands.
state does not have the evidence to prove a dealth penalty charge, and they know it
and jp knows it.

<modsniip>

The State hasn't tied the judge's hands; Baez has by violating the judge's orders.

Let's not shift the blame.

My opinions...

What'sThatClue
" I know that Caylee Anthony was taken by, uh, a babysitter.." (WS)

pcrum12
UGH - HLN commercials and my live feed is way behind! Help!

strawberry
Oh my. It's clear Spitz is not clear on a lot. JA needs to be gentle about it. Let Spitz bury himself.

Tiki
ooops - baez forgot to tell dr. s. Caylee drowned

YellowSubmarine
JA: "What is your understanding of the events about the last time Caylee was seen?"

<Crickets>

jon_burrows
Finally - We get to hear Caylee Marie Anthony from both JA and the witness.

IMO

SurfieTX
Spitz had no facts about when she was alive. He cannot recall info.

bananarama
OMG...this is soooo embarrassing! Dr Spitz knows nothing about this case!!!!

QueenD
OMG, this witness is the worse so far I think.

Azcrabcakes
Been gone taking granddaughters to ice skating lessons. Did this witness get worse? Must go read...

Reality Orlando
OMG, that was quick....next!

Amster
This is soooo wrong!! The doctor is acting. ACTING like he's being badgered. ACTING like JA is confusing him.

Bad actor.

Ricki
Dancing around the questions. Dr can not recall much.

azscr4mbl3r
TRAINWRECK! the house people? really the Nanny?

Chiquita71
I know that Caylee was allegedly taken to a baby sitter? Is that what you mean?

What FACTS you had in making the decision about what happened to Caylee.

I DO KNOW that I had ANY FACTS.

LEFT-COASTER
wow .. he actually seems senile....... I mean.. i would be going wow.. if i was on the jury..

whiteangora
Wow, the only people who clued the good DR in were all allies of Casey.....nice

ohiogirl
06-18-2011, 11:27 AM
wow, brutal start for the old man on cross... kinda feel sorry for the guy.

Don't feel too bad, he could have declined.

Mountain_Kat
Dr. S saying he doesn't know that he had any of the facts surrounding this case. Doesn't recall.

HOLY COW!!!

Kimster
Please call the witness by his name or use initials rather than describe him by his age. We may have members here who are in the same age range, KWIM?

Thanks!

SATA
Dr. Spitz is talking about Caylee being taken to a babysitter.... :waitasec:

BritsKate
Bwahahahaha!!!

"I don't know that I had any facts..."

Patience
JA you are billiant! My heart is pounding and I can't quite catch my breath right now.

strawberry
UGH - HLN commercials and my live feed is way behind! Help!

wesh.com

pinkfly
YES you need to take into account all the facts....NO I did not know any facts.

jon_burrows
If he talked to CM and JB why didn't they tell him she drown?

IMO

Chiquita71
JA: wouldn't you say dr. G had more information?

He used the information DR had in HER REPORT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sleutherontheside
Hold on folks this is nothing but foreplay!!!!

Elley Mae
Maybe because he sounds like Henry Kissinger he has been able to intimidate people, til now :D

mydailyopinions
I have a feeling this is about to get heated.

Dr. Spitz has already slowed down, and is trying to pay very close attention to what he says to JA.

QueenD
06-18-2011, 11:28 AM
JA asking him about the events surrounding the last time Caylee was seen alive. He doesn't seem to know alot. JA reminds him that she is the victim.He knows about a babysitter.

I was waiting on WS to ask who is that. JA should have waited a few more seconds

GetSmart
I am a fan of Ashton. He is destroying him in a gentle way.
Once again a Professional Intelligant wonderful man = Jeff Ashton

Nali87
A babysitter!? Lol, let him have it JA. Sorry doctor, if you can't stand the heat..

grammieto5
The question here has always been whether or not it was put there after DEcomp as opposed to after Death.

"UMMMM" I don't understand your statement ????

Chiquita71
So this guy does not know Caylee DROWN in the pool? Isn't that important for him to know before he does any investigation?

BetteDavisEyes
Spitz won't have any soft tissue left when JA is finished with his cross.

momtective
Wow, doesn't know anything about Caylee... mo

I wish he would have asked him, "Do you know the name of the victim in this case?" Because honestly, I don't think he would have been able to answer that question. :eek:

MaryAnn
JA you are billiant! My heart is pounding and I can't quite catch my breath right now.

I AGREE! The Dr. said the Babysitter took Caylee :great:

Tiki
maybe he should have reviewed the reports before testifying

ExpectingUnicorns
JA is brilliant. Highlighting Dr S lack of background information and surrounding facts of the investigation in this case. So how could he possibly consider them in his evaluation of her death.

21merc7
No, JA is not attacking Dr. S' memory, he is pointing out that Dr. S may be a hired gun

strawberry
If he talked to CM and JB why didn't they tell him she drowned?

IMO

Perfect! Great question!

ohiogirl
Please call the witness by his name or use initials rather than describe him by his age. We may have members here who are in the same age range, KWIM?

Thanks!

Sorry.:banghead:

Mosby
JA asking him about the events surrounding the last time Caylee was seen alive. He doesn't seem to know alot. JA reminds him that she is the victim.

He knows about a babysitter.

Apparently he did not get the memo with the new theory that there was no babysitter.

Justin Tyme
I wish that JA would ask him if he was told by JB or the "A",s if they thought that Caylee drowned.

angeleleven
I wish the lady (Jean) would quit interrupting the testmony.....between her and advertisments...its hard to follow.

pinkfly
06-18-2011, 11:29 AM
sounds like Dr G wrote a very thorough report. Too bad he can’t remember it.

sleutherontheside
OH Jeff has to be reading right from his own book.

npcougar
Did he say Casey Anthony disappeared.

HOTNTX
OMG...now this is really like watching a train wreck. Dr. Spitz is answering with a LOT of "I don't know, I didn't speak with, I don't recall"...it is very embarrassing just to look at. It's like watching your grandfather get beat down.

The DT should quit it with putting all of it's witnesses in front of the prosecution's "BUS"!

MissDiva
Haha, he said before Casey Anthony disappeared. Man, if only we were so lucky.

GolferChick
Not Casey Anthony, Dr. Spitz...it's Caylee Anthony!!!

YellowSubmarine
GO JEFF!!!!

I'm expecting Dr. Spitz to say "This is all I was paid to say"

Mountain_Kat
CAYLEE Anthony, Dr,. Not CASEY Anthony. CASEY is alive and well, as you can see.

OMG...this is gonna be painful! :floorlaugh:

strawberry
SHE WASN'T THREE!! She didn't make it to THREE!!!!!

TiaM
I want JA to pick the witness apart, but gently. If I'm a juror, I don't want to feel that anyone is bullying a senior citizen (whether I like him or not).

Now if said senior wants to get cantankerous on his own, that's fine - let him do it to himself.

3doglady
He just said Casey Anthony. He can't remember names.

Softail
:doh: He just said something about the last time CASEY Anthony was last seen alive.

ohiogirl
This is kind of sad. Trying to make it look like JA is brow beating him, but it hasn't really even begun. jmo

BigFatMommyDog
BaZing

Wholehearted
Is JA pressing on this question about what he knew about the events around her death because he wants to bring out whether or not they told him something about the drowning story?

SurfieTX
Ashton is making the point that Dr. G had more information about the case than Dr. Spitz did #CaseyAnthony
by oscaseyanthony via twitter at 9:28 AM

Chiquita71
06-18-2011, 11:30 AM
JA: at least read the police reports and know at least what happened to this child, shouldn't you.

I do recall facts that I find significant.

OK. OK buddy.

Before she DISAPPEARED. He REMEMBERS she was a healthy happy child.

dunlurken
IMO, defense is grasping. :floorlaugh:

grandmaj
Ohhhhhhhhh he saw pool at the house. He was in the house. Why would he go to the house?

Snaz
RichardHornsby Richard Hornsby
This is not good for #CaseyAnthony defense, Dr. Spitz is basically admitting not aware of facts other than what Baez provided!?

strawberry
Did he say Casey Anthony disappeared.

Yes...well hi kind of got that right. :waitasec:

Softail
:doh: He said he knows there was a pool in the house!

Nali87
He didn't have ALL the facts? Well dear sir, if you don't have ALL the facts, then your conclusion is pretty much baseless! You have to take it all into account!

Oakley
RichardHornsby Richard Hornsby
This is not good for #CaseyAnthony defense, Dr. Spitz is basically admitting not aware of facts other than what Baez provided!?

Marple
He knew they had a pool so he thought there was a possibility of drowning. He knew it was a month before child reported missing. Does not recall any other facts.

grandmaj
Go get him Jeff.

RiverRat
When CASEY was last seen alive as a healthy 3 year old?!

Stella5
Oh lordy... pool in the yard, creates possibility of drowning. Whatever! You dial 911 when a child is found in a pool, not dump them in the woods.

crimejunkie
Wow....this is not looking good and I think is kinda embarrassing for the DT. Your expert witness should know the players names and ALL the details regarding the facts in the case.

SarahEcho
I can only imagine how worn out these jurors have to be at this point. I truly appreciate their efforts.

Searchfortruth
He understands there was a pool in the yard...GMAB.

Chiquita71
He said he REMEMBERS CAYLEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

uklaw
JA is going to take this witness's evidence apart piece by piece. Slowly and painfully.

Actually he isn't. But what he is doing is effective. Contrary to standard cross-examination practice he is asking open questions. Which seems to show how little Spitz knows about the non-medical aspects of this case.

strawberry
Oh this is sad. This should have been a simple answer to a simple question. We could ALL answer this question in minute detail.

grandmaj
The Dr. has a whole new attitude with Jeff Ashton.

technicalconfusion
06-18-2011, 11:31 AM
Is JA eating breakfast right now?

3doglady
Dr Spitz wants JA to remind him of facts.

npcougar
I hope JA is careful. I feel sorry for the guy. Obviously he isn't the man he once was and that is hard to admit sometimes.

Storm
"pool in yard makes possibility of drowning"???? Road in front of house makes possibility of being hit by car ^i^

ExpectingUnicorns
Facts Dr S does remember:
1 Pool in the house.
2 A month before she was reported missing.

"That's all I remember."