PDA

View Full Version : State vs Jason Lynn Young 6-17-11

Pages : [1] 2

happy2binNC
06-17-2011, 09:12 AM
Good morning Sleuthers! Ready for another day of testimony?

I saw this image on the Raleigh News & Observer website... look at the length of that email JLY sent to GC! Do you think the computer expert will be allowed to enter this into evidence so we can hear the contents?

http://media2.newsobserver.com/smedia/2011/06/16/18/45/1k8iFE.Em.156.jpg

Just the Fax
06-17-2011, 09:27 AM
Yes happy, that e-mail should come in when the computer expert testifies.

"But in September 2006, Young sent email, professing his undying love and desire to see her again"

It was signed, "I will always love you."

The timing of this, plus MM and CAS is very compelling to show motive.

http://www.newsobserver.com/2011/06/17/1279867/a-trail-of-sex-violence.html#ixzz1PXS1O000

gorealtors
06-17-2011, 09:33 AM
I certainly hope the contents of the email to GC is read for the world to hear. In my mind I had no idea it was that lengthy. Hope it contains lots of incriminating evidence. My goodness, JY had alot of plates spinning in Sept/Oct 2006. Looks like he was hoping to at least land one of these once he became a single, free man!

Skittles
06-17-2011, 09:55 AM
First witness today: Linda Fisher

newMom
06-17-2011, 10:06 AM
OmGosh, he upset her that bad when she was pregnant? Inexcusable. I hate this guy.

carolinalady
06-17-2011, 10:08 AM
Told her to find her own way to an out of town wedding...what a jerk!

gorealtors
06-17-2011, 10:08 AM
Oh, I am so loving that stare down by LF @ JY!!!

Just the Fax
06-17-2011, 10:13 AM
Of course MY did not want to have sex with him!!!!!

Did not make love...perverted

No Coincidence
06-17-2011, 10:15 AM
Hey Sleuthers! I can't see this testimony today so please fill me in about Linda Fisher. I am saying a prayer for her strength and wishing jly the worst day of his life (per usual).

carolinalady
06-17-2011, 10:16 AM
Of course MY did not want to have sex with him!!!!!

And Michelle told Mom that he didn't want to make love to her, he was perverted.

carolinalady
06-17-2011, 10:23 AM
Mom said Michelle seemed "defeated" during visit in October.

gracielee
06-17-2011, 10:25 AM
Michelle was *defeated*, sounds like what was said about Nancy Cooper by her family & friends. 'She just didn't have anymore fight left in her'. I can't recall the words Nancy used........but it sounds the same sense of feelings.

RaleighNC
06-17-2011, 10:26 AM
This is so eerily familiar

I hope this pattern gets recognized by SOMEONE worrying about a friend or relative in a bad marriage and just one person is convinced to get the hell out and that things like this CAN happen to them.

Skittles
06-17-2011, 10:29 AM
What did JLY say? He was going to "take a hit on the house" and what was the second thing?

fran
Jason is a coward.

fran

carolinalady
What did JLY say? He was going to "take a hit on the house" and what was the second thing?

That his attorney advised him to not talk to anyone, including Linda.

gracielee
06-17-2011, 10:30 AM
'My lawyers told me I can't talk to anyone' JLY to LInda Fisher, upon arriving at Meredith's house. Only other thing he said was "I"m going to take a hit on the house." Reminds me of scott peterson talking to a realtor friend in regards to selling the house, furnished, just after Laci 'went missing'. Man, these guys follow a pattern.

fran
06-17-2011, 10:31 AM
So, first thing he said to Linda that first night was, "I can't talk to anyone."

Second thing was, "I'm going to take a hit on the house."

His wife was just found brutily murdered and he hides behind closed doors from police.

:(
fran

RaleighNC
06-17-2011, 10:35 AM
Wow - just pure arrogance and megalomania

How MY's murder is going to impact HIM and his house profit.

Can someone explain to me again how he was getting these women to sleep with him?

fran
06-17-2011, 10:38 AM
It's heartbreaking listening to Linda talk about those first few days. I'm surprised LE didn't call a crisis counselor to assist Linda. They give you all the information you'll need to take care of your lost loved one. The counselor works with you for as long as you need them.

At least that's how it works here in California.

:(
JMHO
fran

less0305
06-17-2011, 10:38 AM
Mrs. Fisher is just so pitiful. I feel incredibly sad for her!!

fran
06-17-2011, 10:40 AM
:( They returned all the cards and gifts Linda and family sent for Cassidy.

Unbelievable.

fran

less0305
06-17-2011, 10:40 AM
I love, love, love how she looks at the POS's mother and the POS and shakes her head!!!! I'm proud of her for standing up to them and looking them in the eye!!! IF they even bother to look up at her!!!

gracielee
06-17-2011, 10:41 AM
Why did JLY's family not accept gifts and cards from Linda & Meredith to Cass? That seems particularly cruel.

Skittles
06-17-2011, 10:42 AM
Went to C's 3rd birthday party in Brevard. JLY's family refused to have a party in Raleigh. Other guests at party thought MF was C's mother, didn't know mother was murdered!

All gifts/cards they sent to C were returned by Youngs.

fran
06-17-2011, 10:42 AM
Oooh, they paid a surprise visit to the preschool with gifts and such for Cassidy for her fourth bday. The head of the preschool wasn't there and the teacher allowed them in. They threw a party for Cassidy at school.

I bet JY was REALLY pizzed off about that! :mad:

JMHO
fran

fran
06-17-2011, 10:45 AM
Why did JLY's family not accept gifts and cards from Linda & Meredith to Cass? That seems particularly cruel.

We know at one time JY told them if they wanted to see C they had to put forth publicly, they supported JY or they wouldn't be allowed to see the child.:mad:

JMHO
fran

RaleighNative
06-17-2011, 10:46 AM
Even Ann Miller made sure her daughter had access to her paternal grandparents in the 4 years between the murder and her arrest. We know JY is vile...looks like his mother is vicious. Looks like the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

gracielee
06-17-2011, 10:47 AM
I love, love, love how she looks at the POS's mother and the POS and shakes her head!!!! I'm proud of her for standing up to them and looking them in the eye!!! IF they even bother to look up at her!!!

All this stuff about Cass is why I was so happy the Rentz family was able to get the children and get out of Dodge as quickly as they did. I remembered both the Fishers and the Miller family after Eric was murdered, heartbroken and wanting to see their grandchild/children.

cody100
06-17-2011, 10:47 AM
So sad. But, good for her to get on PY. She can do this and get away with it.

Skittles
06-17-2011, 10:48 AM
I'm hoping there are some grandparents on the jury.

fran
06-17-2011, 10:48 AM
AGAIN! JY can't allow himself to look at the testifying witness. If it were from shame, ok. But you know he can't look at them because he's a {coward!}.

:mad:
fran

gorealtors
06-17-2011, 10:49 AM
I wish they'd take that damn pen and paper away from JY and MAKE him listen to this agonizing testimony. Enough of your "busy work" you coward, JLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gorealtors
06-17-2011, 10:50 AM
I'm hoping there are some grandparents on the jury.

If I remember correctly, there did appear to be a few that could very well be grandparents.

fran
06-17-2011, 10:52 AM
He always made himself conveniently absent every time Linda came to town to visit C. When he did see her he looked down.

fran

happy2binNC
06-17-2011, 10:53 AM
I wish they'd take that damn pen and paper away from JY and MAKE him listen to this agonizing testimony. Enough of your "busy work" you coward, JLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He's working on the next chapter of that book BC was writing.

fran
06-17-2011, 10:54 AM
Another standard MO for abusers. They always make fun of the victim. Especially about eating. If Michelle wanted another cupcake or such, JY would make a sound like, "buh-bump, buh-bump, buh-bump, buh-bump." They especially make fun of the weight gain during pregnancy.

fran

gracielee
06-17-2011, 10:56 AM
Could anyone hear what JS was saying to Linda when she said 'can't you tell him what it's like to be a grandmother' towards Jason's family? I had a *grandson invasion* here and couldn't hear any of that.

gracielee
06-17-2011, 11:03 AM
So sad. But, good for her to get on PY. She can do this and get away with it.

PY? I don't know what that means?

Just the Fax
06-17-2011, 11:03 AM
Ahhh....the cigar
"smoke disgusted him"
BUSTED

cody100
06-17-2011, 11:04 AM
JY's mother, GL

fran
06-17-2011, 11:05 AM
Start of cross. Curious how they def attorney was so gentle with the first gal yesterday. I don't hear the same gentleness in his voice with the victim's mom.

JMHO
fran

fran
06-17-2011, 11:06 AM
Oh nice. JY gave LInda his cc to pay for the funeral. Ehhhhh.........what about doing something!? Nope, let Linda do it all!:mad:

JMHO
fran

Just the Fax
06-17-2011, 11:07 AM
That girl...Jeannie Goins Dulworth

Did she divorce Dulworth and take Goins back????

otto
06-17-2011, 11:07 AM
Jeanie Goins was supervising visitation?

gracielee
06-17-2011, 11:08 AM
Start of cross. Curious how they def attorney was so gentle with the first gal yesterday. I don't hear the same gentleness in his voice with the victim's mom.

JMHO
fran

Exactly. Well, I guess he thought better of being sarcastic and snotty to the grieving mother. Good.

fran
06-17-2011, 11:08 AM
Ahh, witness dismissed. Did you see her lift Michelle's planner and kiss it?

Heartbreaking,
fran

Break until 11:30

otto
06-17-2011, 11:09 AM
Ahhh....the cigar
"smoke disgusted him"
BUSTED

It "wasn't an issue" when the custody order stated "no smoking around Cassidy" but Jason couldn't stand it when Meredith smoked in his jeep. I guess she stopped smoking at some point.

happy2binNC
06-17-2011, 11:10 AM
Ahh, witness dismissed. Did you see her lift Michelle's planner and kiss it?

Heartbreaking,
fran

Break until 11:30

I noticed that too. My heart breaks for their family. :(

gracielee
06-17-2011, 11:11 AM
Jason and his mother seem like two peas in a pod, both emotionally and behaviorally. Not hard to see where he get's his rude crude behavior from. Does anyone know if Cas speaks to Jason on the phone now? Has a relationship with Pat? Just curious.

Goldenblatt
06-17-2011, 11:11 AM
Wow - just pure arrogance and megalomania

How MY's murder is going to impact HIM and his house profit.

Can someone explain to me again how he was getting these women to sleep with him?

My mother said, "No matter how bad a man is, there is always a woman who will have him" and I believe this situation proves mama was right on.

cody100
06-17-2011, 11:25 AM
That is great, JTF. Love the pic. You have some great ones. Where is JY's father?

otto
06-17-2011, 11:28 AM
That is great, JTF. Love the pic. You have some great ones. Where is JY's father?

He died when Jason was about 9 years old. His mother is remarried.

raisincharlie
06-17-2011, 11:35 AM
Masterful job by Ms. Holt getting in that JY refused to speak to police, told folks he was lawyered up the same night his wife was found murdered, never speaking with police, did not help with funeral arrangements, would not look at Ms. Fisher, had zero sympathy for Ms. Fisher's loss, and exposing the attempted extortion by the Brevard clan and their shear brutality. Bravo Ms. Holt !!!

I couldn't watch but did the camera ever pan to JY during this ? Was he still looking down if anyone ever saw ?

fran
06-17-2011, 11:36 AM
Back in session. Objection out of hearing of jury.

Computer expert coming up, MAYBE!

fran

otto
06-17-2011, 11:37 AM
Computer testimony coming up ... more messed up computer file dates (purged).

fran
06-17-2011, 11:37 AM
Masterful job by Ms. Holt getting in that JY refused to speak to police, told folks he was lawyered up the same night his wife was found murdered, never speaking with police, did not help with funeral arrangements, would not look at Ms. Fisher, had zero sympathy for Ms. Fisher's loss, and exposing the attempted extortion by the Brevard clan and their shear brutality. Bravo Ms. Holt !!!

I couldn't watch but did the camera ever pan to JY during this ? Was he still looking down if anyone ever saw ?

Yes, furiously writing.

He's a coward.

fran

Just the Fax
06-17-2011, 11:38 AM
Internet history...coming up.
Dates of searches.....purge 1 week before murder.
Settings change to purge his damning searches.

otto
06-17-2011, 11:38 AM

The camera panned to both Jason and his mother. Jason had a paper pad on his knee/lap and he was looking down and writing madly the entire time. His mother was stone faced

Just the Fax
06-17-2011, 11:39 AM
WCSO planted this computer evidence because of no date stamps....I can see it now

RaleighNative
06-17-2011, 11:43 AM
It "wasn't an issue" when the custody order stated "no smoking around Cassidy" but Jason couldn't stand it when Meredith smoked in his jeep. I guess she stopped smoking at some point.

Or she simply did not smoke indoors or around the child. I know plenty of parents who do not let their children see them smoke. But regardless, smoking bothered JY enough for him to make an express motion of it in the custody agreement.

Just the Fax
06-17-2011, 11:44 AM
Knock her out...then strangulation...betcha that was the plan

otto
06-17-2011, 11:45 AM
Or she simply did not smoke indoors or around the child. I know plenty of parents who do not let their children see them smoke. But regardless, smoking bothered JY enough for him to make an express motion of it in the custody agreement.

So it's a bit much to believe he was smoking a cigar at midnight at the Hampton Inn.

gracielee
06-17-2011, 11:46 AM
Of course a 'knock out' is involved. He had to knock her out, so he could strangle her.

otto
06-17-2011, 11:47 AM
Defense trying to keep the computer evidence out on the basis that the time of the search cannot be narrowed to a specific time, also arguing that "anatomy of a knockout" is inconsistent with the prosecution theory introduced in opening statements.

Just the Fax
06-17-2011, 11:48 AM
Great....it comes in

otto
Computer searches are in!

fran
Another guy who thinks he's a computer genius and thinks by deleting files from your computer, they're gone!

Sorry charlie! Nope, won't happen. Just messes up dates and such and SHOWS it's been deleted.

Two searches Yahoo.com "Anatomny of a knock-out drug."
"Head trauma blackout." Web md was one search.
Terms used to search.

Just not sure when done, or same time, per judge. Aug 1 '04, so puter had been in use for two years at this period.

Judge, do we know anything about his employement? He's been in medical field, his business was a trip related to data collection file storing.

:eek:
fran

Oh, good grief! Is he going to claim this has to do with his employement?!

Judge inquiring into professional related search.

Def, argument, double problem, don't know when searches made. and if you put on top of that, blah, blah, blah.................could mislead jury. Unfair prejudice. def looking up head-blows etc, if that wasn't part of his plan. It's going to leave this jury with the impression of him looking out knock out and it's not part of the pros case, per pros opening statement.

Ahhhhh..............it's not fair! def asking judge to keep it out!........thinking, thinking, thinking..................

Judge, evidence to jury seems to defy single theory of what happened......pros, clear evidence weapon was used. by injuries. Because weapon was used,................................use of weapon to make her available to be strangled, is there, whether that's what happened,............

talking REALLY FAST!

confrontation started on bed and ended in pool of blood on the floor.

fits with evidence. Timing. on their home computer.

Sorry, you have to watch yourself to get everything.

Judge, two year time frame, it's for the jury to determine. Yes!!!!

Objection overruled!

happy2binNC
Overruled!:great:

raisincharlie
06-17-2011, 11:50 AM
YES !

Guess Mr. Collins is not aware of the defendents 4th, 6th, and 14th amendments :D

Just the Fax
06-17-2011, 11:50 AM
Great, CCBI and not SBI

gracielee
06-17-2011, 11:54 AM
Somebody with certifications and training in computer forensics! See BC team, this is the kind of *expert witness* one retains to testify in court.

Just the Fax
06-17-2011, 11:58 AM
She is an excellent witness....easy for jury to understand

gracielee
06-17-2011, 12:00 PM
YES !

Guess Mr. Collins is not aware of the defendents 4th, 6th, and 14th amendments :D

No kidding. :floorlaugh:

It's such a pleasure to watch a *normal* trial. For those whom the cooper trail was one of their first experiences in criminal law, this is how, by far, the majority of trials and witnesses behave. An expert with credentials, certifications in the field, and she belongs to national and international organizations in her field of training. Certainly not *jay* what's his name. And I bet you *she* won't be posting here later tonight.

cody100
06-17-2011, 12:04 PM
You know we have had some great Forensic witnesses in this case. I have been impressed with CCBI, SBI, and FBI witnesses.

happy2binNC
06-17-2011, 12:05 PM
Defense will ask if there is a way to tell which user performed the search. It won't matter, this is damning evidence against JLY.

She's doing a great job -- well-spoken and taking her time to break down the information to a level the average person can understand.

cody100
06-17-2011, 12:05 PM
Yes, GL, this is how most trials go. BC trial was a mess all the way around IMO.

Madeleine74
06-17-2011, 12:07 PM
Hmmm...is anyone going to claim someone "planted" files on JLY's computer? Another item to add to the list of murdering husband commonalities: does Internet searches connected to murdering their wives at some point before they then do the deed. Wonder how long he spent on one of the pages? Apparently 41 seconds is not enough, but no one has specified the minimum amt that is 'enough.'

Madeleine74
06-17-2011, 12:09 PM
This witness is outstanding! Clear, concise, superlative communicator! Brava!

Madeleine74
06-17-2011, 12:10 PM
These searches + the shoes + the hotel video will, I believe, be hard, if not impossible, to overcome.

cody100
06-17-2011, 12:12 PM
I think the defense will stick with not knowing who or why this computer was used to google those sites. I don't think the planting of evidence will be even mentioned in this case. Completely different from BC case.

Just the Fax
06-17-2011, 12:14 PM
To think MY searched those terms is preposterous.
He was a drug rep (not neuro drugs) and then computer sales rep.
There is no plausible reason for these searches other than how to knock her out, then strangle

gracielee
06-17-2011, 12:19 PM
These searches + the shoes + the hotel video will, I believe, be hard, if not impossible, to overcome.

I'd couple that with Linda Fisher's testimony that 'he's going to take a hit on his house'.

newMom
06-17-2011, 12:23 PM
Waiting with baited breath for the context of this email....not sure if we've heard it before?

Just the Fax
06-17-2011, 12:24 PM
Madeleine and I are on the way downtown for PM session.

fran
06-17-2011, 12:26 PM
FWIW, this is a standard MO for serial cheaters. They set up separate secret email accounts and such. They think if they're deleted, no one can find them. Even people with a basic knowledge of computers can figure out how to access them. I've seen it happen in RL too! :mad: The info used to PROVE their spouse was cheating and communicating with someone.

JMHO
fran

fran
06-17-2011, 12:28 PM

Awesome! Can't wait to see your personally, first hand reports of court!

:)
fran

ncsu95
06-17-2011, 12:29 PM
Somebody with certifications and training in computer forensics! See BC team, this is the kind of *expert witness* one retains to testify in court.

Fran has asked that we quit discussing the BC case in this forum.

RaleighNC
06-17-2011, 12:31 PM
yeah- she's good.

Concise, clear, taking somewhat complex concepts and bringing them to layman's terms.

Quite good.

ETA - her clear diction, inflection and no real strong accent help her with huge amounts of credibility too.

borndem
06-17-2011, 12:33 PM
Whew -- Just blew in from the regular world. :seeya:

I'll catch up -- but please let me know if any kittens were birthed!!!

We've seen this witness before! The computer whiz. Is it going to hit the fan today, folks??

happy2binNC
06-17-2011, 12:35 PM

What color are you wearing? We'll look for you when the camera pans out. :seeya:

newMom
06-17-2011, 12:37 PM
Why aren't they reading the email out loud? Too long? Confused....

gracielee
06-17-2011, 12:41 PM

Oh please chat up PY. :fence:

fran
06-17-2011, 12:43 PM
Did anyone hear what we're waiting for?

gracielee
06-17-2011, 12:44 PM

This is quite borning for those of us without copies, 'eh?

happy2binNC
06-17-2011, 12:44 PM
Did anyone hear what we're waiting for?

Jurors are reading an email exchange between JLY and MY.

gracielee
06-17-2011, 12:51 PM
Fran has asked that we quit discussing the BC case in this forum.

I think it bears pointing out to those who insisted jay what's his name *should have been certified as an expert witness in forensic's*, just what criteria are involved in having one's qualifications accepted by a court of law as to the accepted standards of *expert witness*. MOO

newMom
06-17-2011, 12:51 PM
Does anyone know if we will get those read those emails? (Although, I have feeling I'll feel rather sick during and afterwards....which is pretty much how I've been feeling for days....)

Landonsmom02
06-17-2011, 12:52 PM
Just getting a chance to catch up. It makes me soooo MAD that JY's family sent back those gifts. They are sick and twisted and I hope once this trial is over and he is found guilty everyone in Brevard will see the real Young's.

How unbelievably rude can you be? CY had just lost her mother and there is no telling what that poor child saw and had to go through. I am so glad MF has her now and she will grow up to be a beautiful, wonderful and loving person just like her mother.

Shame on the Young's......the whole crowd is just patheic!

gracielee
06-17-2011, 12:57 PM
Just getting a chance to catch up. It makes me soooo MAD that JY's family sent back those gifts. They are sick and twisted and I hope once this trial is over and he is found guilty everyone in Brevard will see the real Young's.

How unbelievably rude can you be? CY had just lost her mother and there is no telling what that poor child saw and had to go through. I am so glad MF has her now and she will grow up to be a beautiful, wonderful and loving person just like her mother.

Shame on the Young's......the whole crowd is just patheic!

You are so right, but I doubt the Young family and their supporters will ever change their minds on this subject. They will continue to support him and their cause regardless IMO. Simply from their past history. MOO

happy2binNC
06-17-2011, 01:05 PM
Darn, guess she's not going to introduce that email to GC.

RaleighNative
06-17-2011, 01:09 PM
I am quite impressed with the judge in this case. Very efficient use of time, things move quickly, and he appears to consider motions on both sides carefully.

Not sure the name of the main ADA in this case, but she is highly professional as well.

borndem
06-17-2011, 01:09 PM
:( They returned all the cards and gifts Linda and family sent for Cassidy.

Unbelievable.

fran

Oh yes, and my comment is unprintable. :maddening:

gracielee
06-17-2011, 01:10 PM
Darn, guess she's not going to introduce that email to GC.

It could be that copies of all the pertinent emails will be sent back to the jury room with the jurors as part of the complete evidence of the trial. And then, possibly when the trial is over, and it all becomes part of the permanent record, it will be published and released, much like the search warrants and such are prior to trial.

I missed the end of the morning, had to return the grandson's to my daughter. What happned in the last 15 minutes or so, anything important?

borndem
06-17-2011, 01:13 PM

They want little CY to 1) forget about them, and 2) they want her to think that the Fishers have forgotten about her

It should be a crime under child abuse. And there's no telling what they are saying about Meme and Grandma Fisher

fran
06-17-2011, 01:15 PM
It could be that copies of all the pertinent emails will be sent back to the jury room with the jurors as part of the complete evidence of the trial. And then, possibly when the trial is over, and it all becomes part of the permanent record, it will be published and released, much like the search warrants and such are prior to trial.

I missed the end of the morning, had to return the grandson's to my daughter. What happned in the last 15 minutes or so, anything important?

Me too! I got a phone call. Can someone do a summary of the last exchanges? Please!

TIA
fran

borndem
06-17-2011, 01:17 PM
We know at one time JY told them if they wanted to see C they had to put forth publicly, they supported JY or they wouldn't be allowed to see the child.:mad:

JMHO
fran

Karma is a b****. Some of this has already come back to haunt them. We've just got to hope and think positively about a negative result for Mr. Best All Around

Luna24
06-17-2011, 01:23 PM
I have been super busy at work this week and have been working 14 hour days..but wanted to thank everyone for their posts because when I get a few minutes, I love reading you guys as you follow the trial - I'll be catching up on more testimony this weekend..just wanted to thank everyone. :)

Skittles
06-17-2011, 01:25 PM
Me too! I got a phone call. Can someone do a summary of the last exchanges? Please!

TIA
fran

They took forever reading the emails, then judge and lawyers had a conference. They decided to do 3 more witnesses today, possibly end day early. One lengthy witness on Monday.

Lunch until 2:15.

Zamboni
06-17-2011, 01:28 PM
The last bit of computer testimony seemed to mostly be cross and redirect about details regarding procedures for deleting internet files and how it can be set up for this to happen automatically. The home computer was not set up to delete the files automatically or periodically (say on a certain day and time each week.) I don't think this bit made one iota of difference in the big picture; the jurors have copies of those emails, and they have in their minds those search terms, and that is what will stay with them.

I am trying to imagine someone like my parents, who are bright but very computer illiterate, would deal with this testimony. I think the witness's analogy to an actual book (scratching out the entry in the table of contents versus ripping out the actual pages) was very good in that respect. Really it is difficult for me to imagine a computer expert doing a better job explaining this to a layperson. Well done, CCBI Agent!

I'd couple that with Linda Fisher's testimony that 'he's going to take a hit on his house'.

That sickened me. It's like he hadn't thought about the implications of the real estate market before he bludgeoned MY, and right after the body was found someone suggested to him that he will have to sell his house (I'm guessing Momma on the phone), so now his thoughts are consumed with that. :sick:

happy2binNC
06-17-2011, 01:28 PM

After the jury read the email there wasn't anything unexpected that came up. The defense pushed the computer expert about the computer being left on for days and days at a time, wanting to know if anyone with access to the computer could have made the searches, and reiterating that she couldn't pinpoint when the searches were made. They wanted to know when MY last checked her email and the agent couldn't say.

They are going to get through three more witnesses today and save the last "lengthy witness" for Monday. Spivey, I'm sure, and I have an appointment that will last for several hours that morning. I can't believe I'm going to miss that! Y'all take good notes for me. :D

borndem
06-17-2011, 01:31 PM
Knock her out...then strangulation...betcha that was the plan

No muss, no fuss; easy in/ easy out; would take about 15 minutes.

Sometimes the best laid plans...... and all that. :maddening:

borndem
06-17-2011, 01:36 PM
YES !

Or knows it doesn't work...

Groundwork for appeal?

borndem
06-17-2011, 01:44 PM
yeah- she's good.

Concise, clear, taking somewhat complex concepts and bringing them to layman's terms.

Quite good.

ETA - her clear diction, inflection and no real strong accent help her with huge amounts of credibility too.

I was wracking my brain to remember where I'd already seen her in court, and I think it was in the Ryan Hare trial. Computer forensics was a part of that trial, too. It seems that it never helps the defendant. boo-hoo

borndem
06-17-2011, 01:45 PM

Hoping WRAL or NC Wanted, etc., will publish.... <sigh>

borndem
06-17-2011, 01:47 PM
Oh please chat up PY. :fence:

:lol:

borndem
06-17-2011, 01:52 PM
I am quite impressed with the judge in this case. Very efficient use of time, things move quickly, and he appears to consider motions on both sides carefully.

Not sure the name of the main ADA in this case, but she is highly professional as well.

She is Becky Holt, and she is on the Superior Court rotation. Yeah, she's good and doesn't miss a thing.

No Coincidence
06-17-2011, 01:53 PM
Or knows it doesn't work...

Groundwork for appeal?

Don't give any appeal suggestions. :) if he DT was smart they'd read our threads. Were a perfect insight to what the jury might think... Or a bunch of bias "know it alls" might describe us slightly better but either way JLY is less than trash and scum. I can only thank God that CY is with the lovely and loving Meredith. That woman has a big heart and is an angel in disguise. MY lives on in our hearts.

Just the Fax
06-17-2011, 02:19 PM
In courtroom...the goins boys/girl and gerald are here

gracielee
06-17-2011, 02:19 PM
Anyone know who's up next? I thought Linda Fisher made a good witness. She is a grieving mother, her grief not lessened at all over these past years. And isn't it amazing how these spouse killings, especially wife-killers, seem to follow a standard pattern. As someone else pointed out, using the computer to search things out. Be they the the San Francisco Bay to head blows or choking methods. I don't recall the female killers to be as oriented on computer searches? Someone here mentioned Jerry Bledsoe's book on the Stager killing in Durham. I too like Bledsoes books, although I don't recall him having written any true crime recently? But I do like Amanda Lamb's style too. I liken her to a younger Ann Rule. MOO

gracielee
06-17-2011, 02:22 PM
In courtroom...the goins boys/girl and gerald are here

Don't forget to chat up PY. :fence: Offer your support..... get her blabbing. :seeya: And what color are you guys wearing, we want to look for you. :) How 'bout, when you see the camera pan out, kind of turn a bit and wave at us. :floorlaugh:

happy2binNC
06-17-2011, 02:26 PM
Oh goody, another computer expert!

Just the Fax
06-17-2011, 02:33 PM
Email to x just admitted

fran
06-17-2011, 02:33 PM
I wanna see what's on those emails! :maddening:

fran

gracielee
06-17-2011, 02:34 PM
Oh crap, more messages. Aren't the press provided copies of the introduced evidence at the end of each day? Freedom of Information act or something like that?

cody100
06-17-2011, 02:35 PM
Me too, Fran

borndem
06-17-2011, 02:40 PM
Now comes a SBI computer forensic guy -- he looks a bit like a :frog: . Mr. Fun Guy, I'd say. A real party-down dude..:partyguy2:.. passing out another email from our Mountain Goat, JY.

<sigh> From Scent of a Woman: I'm in the dark heah...

gorealtors
06-17-2011, 02:41 PM
Jason will be in a writing frenzy now!!

gorealtors
06-17-2011, 02:43 PM
Well that was fast!!

cody100
06-17-2011, 02:45 PM
Yes it was fast.

Skittles
06-17-2011, 02:46 PM

He not only scribbles, but also hides his head behind the chair next to him.

RaleighNative
06-17-2011, 02:52 PM
I can't recall...when was this wedding?

borndem
06-17-2011, 02:53 PM
Witness is Jason ~somebody, forgive~, a fellow RA with JY at NCSU. Knew both J and M.

Another infidelity???

Said JY and MY had an "up and down" relationship. Knew about pregnancy and plans to marry.

Talks about a golf outing before the Schaad's wedding in Winston-Salem. 3-4 foursomes. JY and MY were along with him on the trip to W-S. JY & MY had an argument & JY was mad about it. JY was "done" and "up to his neck" in the relationship with MY. Continued to rant about it for 30 min. or so.

No infidelity seen -- but witness was helping change locks & install a new garage door after the house was released after the murder... Witness had the "suspicion" that JY and MM were having a naughty relationship. He tried to see if JY needed anything -- did not ask questions about the murder, etc., but offered to listen or help, but JY bought none of that... Just a few weeks after this re-locking incident occurred, witness and JY became estranged and had no more communication.

Paints a little more of the painting, but not a real big deal.

BTW, folks, did I miss the NYTimes delivery guy?

fran
06-17-2011, 02:54 PM
OMG! They're on their way to a wedding and meet up at a gas station. JY gets out of the car with Michelle and goes with his buddies. He's upset because he was arguing with Michelle about a number of things. Whatever stemmed this argument he described it as being up to his neck with the relationship. He's paraphrasing. Jason said he was done and not willing to deal with it anymore.

Jason whined the majority of the way to their destination, 20 or 30 minutes. This guy had seen him angry before. That day he said Jason was upset and angry that day and more so than previously. He used words to the effect he was done......with what? His interpretation meant he was done with the relationship and done with marriage. Not willing to go forward.

Well, IMOHO, why didn't he get lost then!? :mad:

fran

gorealtors
06-17-2011, 02:54 PM
For a while he had his notepad on the tabletop. During Linda's testimony, he placed the notepad in his lap just so he could hang his head further downward. Now, isn't that telling???

happy2binNC
06-17-2011, 02:56 PM
Witness is Jason ~somebody, forgive~, a fellow RA with JY at NCSU. Knew both J and M.

Another infidelity???

:floorlaugh:
This guy is also too good for JLY.

gorealtors
06-17-2011, 02:59 PM
So far, the only friends of JY that are a perfect match are JY and MM. Match to a tee!

fran
06-17-2011, 03:00 PM
This guy was Jason's friend. He spoke with Jason about once a week until the murder. After the murder, he stayed in touch with Jason for about a month. After that they stopped communicating.

He met MM at a football game where others were also there. He suspected she may have been involved with Jason. This was in mid September.

fran

ETA, after the murder, he NEVER asked Jason about the crime. Just offered to do whatever he could to help Jason (at his time of need :mad:)

That was fast, cross over!

Luna24
06-17-2011, 03:02 PM
OMG! They're on their way to a wedding and meet up at a gas station. JY gets out of the car with Michelle and goes with his buddies. He's upset because he was arguing with Michelle about a number of things. Whatever stemmed this argument he described it as being up to his neck with the relationship. He's paraphrasing. Jason said he was done and not willing to deal with it anymore.

Jason whined the majority of the way to their destination, 20 or 30 minutes. This guy had seen him angry before. That day he said Jason was upset and angry that day and more so than previously. He used words to the effect he was done......with what? His interpretation meant he was done with the relationship and done with marriage. Not willing to go forward.

Well, IMOHO, why didn't he get lost then!? :mad:

fran

thanks for the info fran. :) poor Michelle dealing with this guy.

did they say when this wedding was -- or about how long before the murder?

fran
06-17-2011, 03:03 PM
Ohhh, Linda's lawyer! Mike Shilosky(sp?)

happy2binNC
06-17-2011, 03:04 PM
Is he the 5th witness today? Spivey is certainly last, so does that mean the newspaper guy is out?

fran
06-17-2011, 03:04 PM

Sorry, I didn't catch it. But I think it was at least when Michelle was pregnant. I THINK at the beginning of the marriage, so it may have been C Michelle was pregnant with.....hth, fran

Zamboni
06-17-2011, 03:05 PM
This guy is also too good for JLY.

Agreed. Seems like a good guy and a good friend.

newMom
06-17-2011, 03:07 PM

I believe that the Schaad's wedding was Sat, Oct 14th, 2006.....so not quite 3 weeks before her murder.

(Side note: I remember this day so much....I was on a trip up North and was able to tell both of my Grandmothers that I was expecting our 1st child. Happiest time in my life, at that point. My heart breaks for Michelle.)

Skittles
06-17-2011, 03:07 PM
Alice Stubbs again!

otto
06-17-2011, 03:08 PM
I can't recall...when was this wedding?

Was anniversary Oct 10 ... married 2003?

ETA: referring to Michelle and Jason

caffeinatd
06-17-2011, 03:09 PM
Sorry, I didn't catch it. But I think it was at least when Michelle was pregnant. I THINK at the beginning of the marriage, so it may have been C Michelle was pregnant with.....hth, fran

It was 10/2006, I believe the first weekend

newMom
06-17-2011, 03:11 PM
It was 10/2006, I believe the first weekend

I believe that the Schaad's wedding was Sat, Oct 14th, 2006.....so not quite 3 weeks before her murder.

cody100
06-17-2011, 03:16 PM
He is a good lawyer. Very interesting that AS was JY's attorney for custody.

RaleighNC
06-17-2011, 03:21 PM
I'd like to have beers with this guy.

A little loosey goosey, but sharp in a laid back, likeable way....

fran
06-17-2011, 03:21 PM
Talking about how at first visitation was ok. Until the action was taken by Young family to deny them access at the preschool. The lawyer then contacted Youngs about the returning of gifts etc. Asked J to contact a lawyer about working out an agreement. It was written persuant to client's (Linda and Meredith) wanting a couple of days a month visitation with C.

He received a response from a phone call or email with Alice Stubbs a family lawyer in that area. Alice contacted him (J had a lawyer in her office) and he explained what his clients wanted. Ultimately after talking to Alice S. his law firm would put together a contract for visitation and J would sign off on it. For the next 12 months.

A proposal put in writing and delivered to Roger Smith Jr, J's attorney. Response within weeks or days, negotiated a visit, regardless of an agreement made or not, the Fisher's could visit in Oct?........J didn't want to sign and agreement.

Linda's attorney continued to try to get a written agreement and kept records of everything that transpired. The lawyer's next response was J'
s attorney said they didn't need a written agreement. Linda and Meredith still wanted a WRITTEN agreement. The attorney said other legal issues his law firm wasn't involved in. Finally, the Fisher's asked for a lawsuit to be filed. Requested custodial custody. They knew 'visitation' wasn't enough. They requested J take a mental evaluation. This is not unusual for this type of lawsuit (menatal evaluation)

Summons and complaint sent by personal delivery to J and he had 30 days to respond. Extension can be requested. He was to give a written answer to complaint. No response. Alternative is written request to change of venue which he apparently did. stallllllll!

This attorney said things were calandered before the judge. Dates already established. The change of venue request was added to the list. Things were going to happen early Feb '09. Lawyers agreed until cov, Jason wouldn't be required to answer. It would be economical for judge to decide cov before anything else that was before the judge.

Prior to that day, lawyers attempted to negotiate temporary visitation agreement. Something in writing by court order. They prepared a temporary order and sent to Stubbs and it was never acted upon. STALLLLLLL!

Late Jan, 23, '09, he got correspondence from Stubbs for personal, face to face to discuss the case. Stubbs said during the meeting, Jan 23, discussion changed from temporary agreement to custody change to Fishers. It was outlined in written document and they drafted another document for signing by judge. Then J wasn't then required to take mental evaluation.

If agreement had not been reached a discovery process would have been necessary. It includes investigation procedures as in normal civil trial. Judge has to approve. You can take depos, etc......AVOID!!! confrontation.

OF COURSE J DIDN'T WANT TO TALK TO ANYONE!

fran
06-17-2011, 03:26 PM
Entered into evidence, final custody document. Attorney verified this was the official record.

fran
06-17-2011, 03:28 PM

Oh, I see. That was the argument and wedding they were attending mentioned by Linda.

Thanks,
fran

ETA, no cross

fran
06-17-2011, 03:35 PM
Trial is way ahead of schedule. Pros asks to wait until Monday for their next witness.

Next week, court there is normally on vacation. But they will be in session. This jury will be the only people in the jury lounge.

Potential conflicts by jury not until the NEXT week after. Judge said don't worry about it, to the jury. They have alternates to pick up any slack, IF one arrises.

Being dismissed early until Monday, early. Usual warning to jury about if any of their friends or acquaintances if they want to talk about the case, tell them AFTER the trial is over.

Good bye until Monday, 9:30 a.m.

Haven't heard it all. You all hear that!? LOL,

Don't form an opinion as to guilt or innocense! ;)

Sorry, too late for this Websleuther!

:innocent:

fran

ps....LOL, feel like I'm talking to myself! ;)

pps....ohhhh...........judge and lawyers still there. Taking care of some housekeeping business?...............court dismissed.

newMom
06-17-2011, 03:37 PM
I'm scheduled to attend court next Friday....what do you think the chances are that they'll still be in session? Or maybe I'll get to be there for the closing arguments? I really, really want to "attend".

fran
06-17-2011, 03:41 PM
I'm scheduled to attend court next Friday....what do you think the chances are that they'll still be in session? Or maybe I'll get to be there for the closing arguments? I really, really want to "attend".

IF you ever get a chance to attend a session of court, the very best day is the day of closing. Both sides tie it all together for their version. It's very compelling! I attended the closing of the Samatha Runion murder trial. Very sad case. :(

fran

Goldenblatt
06-17-2011, 03:55 PM
Hi
Just a quick thanks to all of you who have attended and given us WS'ers info. Your info is so detailed (as opposed to media) and complete with observations of those present.

Having followed this case from the beginning, I wanted to be able to see it through to the end. If I am murdered, I could only hope for a group of advocates as dedicated as all the MY supporters.

Just the Fax
06-17-2011, 04:16 PM

Not much chance newMom.
The state will end with Spivey and should rest around lunch Monday (per BH)
I would think the defense case would be very short...perhaps Kimmy, Godwin, Pat Young and maybe a Brevard friend?

RaleighNative
Would someone like to make a list of the scientific evidence which implicates JY thus far? I have the trial playing every day, but I'm often focused on work. So a recap by one of the dedicated followers would help me.

I'm still surprised there was no blood or DNA or fiber evidence found in his SUV, and he had no cuts or bruises in the struggle.

Are the only things which show DNA of an unknown person the single hair in a picture frame and the two cigarette butts? What about the DNA on the jewelry box?

Don't get me wrong, I think JY is guilty. Just trying to figure out how this immature jerk was smart enough to to leave or transfer blood.

borndem

I hope he's writing a new country song called "Central Prison Blues" or adding a few more stanzas to "Jailhouse Rock"...http://www.websleuths.com/forums/images/icons/icon10.gif

happy2binNC
06-17-2011, 04:18 PM
I'm going to try to go in Tuesday for the AM session. I had hoped to go early this week but my work schedule changed on short notice.

JTF, this will be my first trip to the Wake Co. Courthouse, so any advice you can provide is greatly appreciated. :)

Just the Fax
06-17-2011, 04:18 PM
I was very surprised we never heard from the NY times delivery guy.
Maybe they can't locate him, or perhaps they felt his credibility on the stand would be an issue?

Just the Fax
06-17-2011, 04:20 PM
I'm going to try to go in Tuesday for the AM session. I had hoped to go early this week but my work schedule changed on short notice.

JTF, this will be my first trip to the Wake Co. Courthouse, so any advice you can provide is greatly appreciated. :)

It will be a ghost town happy.
Court is closed all week, except for 3-B.
It will be worth the trip.

Just the Fax
06-17-2011, 04:23 PM
Fiona (lawyer that did will) was there today...the tall blonde beside MF.
She was one of MY's true friends that knew from day 1 who killed MY.

borndem
06-17-2011, 04:26 PM
Alice Stubbs again!

Talk about not deserving --JY and his mama didn't deserve to take out her garbage. She's top shelf; a don't-mess-with-me lawyer. Oooh, she prolly cost them a-plenty! She's with the firm he hired just after MY's murder.

Just the Fax
06-17-2011, 04:35 PM
Talk about not deserving --JY and his mama didn't deserve to take out her garbage. She's top shelf; a don't-mess-with-me lawyer. Oooh, she prolly cost them a-plenty! She's with the firm he hired just after MY's murder.

She told JLY he would be deposed and that was the end of that.....Cassidy was promptly given to Meredith. Bought him 10 extra months of freedom.

RaleighNC
06-17-2011, 04:45 PM
Wathcing MM's (well, listening while i clean....) testimony.

She said that when she saw / heard that MY was foind dead via WRAL.com she didn't call JLY.

There is something REALLY REALLY odd about that. They talked for hours every day. Multiple, multiple times a day - ending conversations and then calling back to 'say goodnight" again, etc. And she does not call him?

Either she knew, or she KNEW he did it.

borndem
06-17-2011, 04:47 PM
Trial is way ahead of schedule. Pros asks to wait until Monday for their next witness.

Next week, court there is normally on vacation. But they will be in session. This jury will be the only people in the jury lounge.

Potential conflicts by jury not until the NEXT week after. Judge said don't worry about it, to the jury. They have alternates to pick up any slack, IF one arrises.

Being dismissed early until Monday, early. Usual warning to jury about if any of their friends or acquaintances if they want to talk about the case, tell them AFTER the trial is over.

Good bye until Monday, 9:30 a.m.

Haven't heard it all. You all hear that!? LOL,

Don't form an opinion as to guilt or innocense! ;)

Sorry, too late for this Websleuther!

:innocent:

fran

ps....LOL, feel like I'm talking to myself! ;)

pps....ohhhh...........judge and lawyers still there. Taking care of some housekeeping business?...............court dismissed.

Well, I'm listening, my WS friend!!! :therethere: :hug:

gorealtors
06-17-2011, 04:49 PM

She said that when she saw / heard that MY was foind dead via WRAL.com she didn't call JLY.

There is something REALLY REALLY odd about that. They talked for hours every day. Multiple, multiple times a day - ending conversations and then calling back to 'say goodnight" again, etc. And she does not call him?

There is no doubt in my mind that she lied under oath.

gorealtors
06-17-2011, 04:56 PM

Did you catch her close to the end, posing and smiling for the courtroom camera?? I wanted to just slap the cocky *itch!!

gorealtors
06-17-2011, 04:58 PM
Seriously, if you missed that big smile and pose, it is worth going back and looking at the video, but I would recommend a cold beverage beforehand to stomach it!

Just the Fax
06-17-2011, 04:59 PM
MM is a very troubled lady.
Check the Horry County public court records and you will see her issues reach far beyond being "bothered" by LE and the media over her choice to link with a sociopath murderer.
Poor, poor Michelle Money.

:boohoo:

RaleighNC
06-17-2011, 04:59 PM
Still working through the part 1 portion. My God.

Did you stay in contact with him? and her answer was no - but then she goes on to detail the emails, the meeting they had, all about her "suffering" - maybe not to the extent that they communicated in the past - but they were definitely "in contact". Oh - 2 meetings - same weekend.

She did say they talked about crazy theories on the internet.... please.

I am not even watching and I want to slap her.

Just the Fax
06-17-2011, 05:01 PM
Seriously, if you missed that big smile and pose, it is worth going back and looking at the video, but I would recommend a cold beverage beforehand to stomach it!

Seeing him in person was nauseating.
Creepy feeling being 25 feet away from a cold blooded killer.

Madeleine74
06-17-2011, 05:06 PM
Hi All,

A quick trip downtown, all things considered. Saw Judge S in his seersucker suit walking from courthouse then down the block for lunch. He looks much older when you see him shuffling along. Also saw Judge Fox at lunch (wearing a very dapper suit).

Testimony was only for an hour or so and then court adjourned for the weekend. The courtroom was fairly full for a Fri afternoon.

borndem
06-17-2011, 05:16 PM
Would someone like to make a list of the scientific evidence which implicates JY thus far? I have the trial playing every day, but I'm often focused on work. So a recap by one of the dedicated followers would help me.

I'm still surprised there was no blood or DNA or fiber evidence found in his SUV, and he had no cuts or bruises in the struggle.

Are the only things which show DNA of an unknown person the single hair in a picture frame and the two cigarette butts? What about the DNA on the jewelry box?

Don't get me wrong, I think JY is guilty. Just trying to figure out how this immature jerk was smart enough to to leave or transfer blood.

BBM - RalNat - I think he must have gone to a car wash and used the vacuums that are usually provided there. Plenty of opportunity & time on the way to Mom's house.

As for the cuts & bruises, first of all he had gloves on his hands and his body was covered by a hoodie or sweatshirt and jeans.

I think he was on her too quickly for her to really defend herself well. I think he may have hit her full with his fist (thus teeth avulsion) and sent her into the closet door. Then he was on her, trying to strangle her and she somehow gets away. And it takes 3--5 minutes to choke someone to death.

While she's recovering & trying to stand up, he may have grabbed a makeshift weapon from the dresser or the bathroom, if he didn't have one, such as a can of deodorant or shaving cream ("concentric" as was mentioned by the ME) and then starts waling on her with the weapon. By then, she had no fight left, and he just hit her, in his pent-up rage, until he was tired or until she was limp or until CY came running into the room.

Then he changes clothes in the garage, probably, or in the upstairs hall -- puts clothes & shoes in trash bag, exits house, washes at the spigot, removes and bags gloves, and gets the heyell out of there.

Just my own thoughts...sorry for my running on with this....

We will never know...

carolinalady
06-17-2011, 05:24 PM
Can Detective Spivey testify about what the newspaper delivery person told investigators?

Madeleine74
06-17-2011, 05:24 PM
My theory is he came at her with his weapon of choice (whatever it was...maybe a BB bat?) He was expecting a single blow to knock her out since he had researched this on his computer, then he planned to strangle her. I think he did hit her, then tried to strangle and she fought back (scratching her own neck in the process). Then his rage grew and he beat her 30+ times.

I believe he was wearing gloves, long sleeved top, jeans, and maybe a face mask. He had the advantage with the element of surprise, he was taller, stronger, had a weapon, had his rage and hatred all focused down to one petite pregnant woman. I'm not surprised there isn't forensic evidence linking him. He discarded his clothes, shoes, weapon, washed himself off and may not have been covered in blood like some imagine.

gracielee
06-17-2011, 05:43 PM
OF COURSE J DIDN'T WANT TO TALK TO ANYONE!

IF you ever get a chance to attend a session of court, the very best day is the day of closing. Both sides tie it all together for their version. It's very compelling! I attended the closing of the Samatha Runion murder trial. Very sad case. :(

fran

OMG, you attended the Runnion closing? That was as heartbreaking a case as little Jessie Lunsford. :( Just horrible. I so admired Erin Runnion, she is a remarkable woman.

borndem
06-17-2011, 05:44 PM
I was very surprised we never heard from the NY times delivery guy.
Maybe they can't locate him, or perhaps they felt his credibility on the stand would be an issue?

Yes, I'm very disappointed as well. That would have really put the cherry on top -- very difficult to mitigate that testimony, since the deliverer would have prolly been familiar with the SUV, especially in the early daylight of other seasons... and if he had noticed lights on in the house....
Oh, well...

Do we have enuff? Spivey will paint a good picture, I'm anticipating, but I am not familiar with him. Any thoughts for us?

fran
06-17-2011, 05:51 PM
Did you catch her close to the end, posing and smiling for the courtroom camera?? I wanted to just slap the cocky *itch!!

Wow! I didn't see that. I don't know if I was watching then. I'll have to go back and take a look.

FWIW, I do NOT feel sorry for MM or that other chick yesterday who CLAIMS there was ONE incident. Sorry, they made their bed and now they can lie in it. ;)

Wonder how that gal's marriage is doing? I mean, her husband JUST found out she cheated on him back in '06. :eek:

Jason has RUINED and taken wayyy too many lives.:(

As far as I am concerened, this def already lost their case. Jason is done and just stick a fork in it and let him pay for his ALLEGED crime. :mad:

Gosh, I can't wait until I can call him a murderer! :behindbar:

JMHO
fran

borndem
06-17-2011, 05:52 PM
She told JLY he would be deposed and that was the end of that.....Cassidy was promptly given to Meredith. Bought him 10 extra months of freedom.

And JY thereby avoided the depo testimony being offered as evidence in this trial. And having to answer every question and no fifth amendment protection during the depo. He woulda been ripped to shreds, as we've seen before. But Mr. Best All Around had better advice than some others may have had...

gracielee
06-17-2011, 05:56 PM
MM is a very troubled lady.
Check the Horry County public court records and you will see her issues reach far beyond being "bothered" by LE and the media over her choice to link with a sociopath murderer.
Poor, poor Michelle Money.

:boohoo:

Do you have a link or something?

borndem
06-17-2011, 06:00 PM
Fiona (lawyer that did will) was there today...the tall blonde beside MF.
She was one of MY's true friends that knew from day 1 who killed MY. RBM - Where did you hear this, please? I have not heard this tidbit... Thanks.

Just the Fax
06-17-2011, 06:01 PM
Do you have a link or something?

http://www.horrycounty.org/SCJDWEB/publicindex/

Just type in MM.....

Just the Fax
06-17-2011, 06:06 PM
RBM - Where did you hear this, please? I have not heard this tidbit... Thanks.

Oh, she was very close to MY and very smart to boot.
I heard this from a very close source.

gracielee
06-17-2011, 06:12 PM

Just type in MM.....

foreclosures?

gracielee
06-17-2011, 06:18 PM
Oh, she was very close to MY and very smart to boot.
I heard this from a very close source.

I'm shocked there wasn't more testimony. Not only the newspaper person, but the emails in question between JY & his various family members. I thought I'd heard many more relavent tidbits over the years.

Just the Fax
06-17-2011, 06:32 PM
I'm shocked there wasn't more testimony. Not only the newspaper person, but the emails in question between JY & his various family members. I thought I'd heard many more relavent tidbits over the years.
They brought in MM emails that impeached her testimony. She wished jy was the father of her baby. There was much more that a one night stand relationship here...at least for her. JLY screwing CAS just showed his priority was any woman that would put out. MY was repulsed by him.

borndem
06-17-2011, 06:40 PM
Can Detective Spivey testify about what the newspaper delivery person told investigators?

I don't think he can quote him due to hearsay rule; I also doubt he can present a recording (prolly hearsay again); or read a statement. Maybe the guy is in the Armed Forces in another country and we could get around it that way? Maybe he is deceased (forgive, but it's possible) or somehow just not able to travel or be in a courtroom? I certainly do not think the DT will stipulate to anything but his presence.

I hope someone can argue with what I just said!

Just the Fax
06-17-2011, 06:57 PM
It may be his timeline was sketch and it would do more harm.

traveler
06-17-2011, 07:07 PM

Just type in MM.....

Karma is a b*tch! Love it.

Luna24
06-17-2011, 07:31 PM
There is no doubt in my mind that she lied under oath.

I completely agree gr -- with both. :mad: My level of disgust watching her is similar to what i feel for him...this was her friend for 10 years and she was so jealous of Michelle, she had to start an affair with him..I don't think she wanted it to end for a minute either.

The odd smiles and posing and her demeanor on the stand were disturbing..it was as if she was slightly excited to get her 15 minutes of fame - complete narcissist like JY - they really were made for each other...I agree with whoever said they may wind up together yet -- her as a prison wife. :loser:

Luna24
06-17-2011, 07:33 PM
I would love to watch today's testimony but I have tried using two browsers and they both keep buffering after 20 seconds, making it impossible to watch..anyone else having that issue? :( or any idea how to stop that from happening?

borndem
06-17-2011, 07:45 PM
I'm sure I'm the last to know, but they're out there.

happy2binNC
06-17-2011, 07:49 PM
I'm sure I'm the last to know, but they're out there.

I was just coming to spread the word too! :)

Email exchange between JLY and MY here: http://www.wral.com/asset/specialreports/michelleyoung/2011/06/17/9746188/Oct._24_2006_Young_email_exchange.PDF

Email to GC here: http://www.wral.com/asset/specialreports/michelleyoung/2011/06/17/9746195/Sept._12_2006_email_to_Genevieve_Cargol.PDF

newMom
06-17-2011, 08:30 PM
Those emails make me nauseous. What a pathological liar - doing something (well, someONE!) behind her back yet on Michelle's case to get help for her own "issues". It's the deceptiveness that really makes my skin crawl.

otto
06-17-2011, 08:50 PM
I would love to watch today's testimony but I have tried using two browsers and they both keep buffering after 20 seconds, making it impossible to watch..anyone else having that issue? :( or any idea how to stop that from happening?

WRAL seems to time out, but this link is continuous: http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/livenow?id=8175997
Actually, that link doesn't work right now, but it worked all week when the trial was running ... and should work on Monday again.

Just the Fax
06-17-2011, 09:26 PM
http://www.wral.com/asset/specialreports/michelleyoung/2011/06/17/9746195/Sept._12_2006_email_to_Genevieve_Cargol.PDF

JLY e-mail to his X...."my dream" 9/2006

http://www.wral.com/asset/specialreports/michelleyoung/2011/06/17/9746191/Oct._5_2006_email_to_Michelle_Young.PDF

JLY e-mail to MY 10-5-06

http://www.wral.com/specialreports/michelleyoung/document/9746188/

My and JLY e-mails 10-24-06

otto
06-17-2011, 09:40 PM
I get the impression that it didn't matter what Michelle did, Jason was going to find fault or find a way to make it not work.

otto
06-17-2011, 10:28 PM
The question of why so many apparently intelligent, gentle, sincere, genuine women could fall for Jason is interesting. I think it started at home. Jason's father died when he was about 9 years old. I think Jason's family was his mom and two sisters and I think his emotional development was formed primarily through those relationships.
A neighbor, a colleague of Jason's mom (a teacher), took on the partial role of raising Jason and his mother remarried at some point.

I suspect that Jason was a frail looking child, as he is a frail looking man. In fact, he looks like the kind of kid that would be dumped head first into the garbage can during class change. He probably thought head first in the garbage was someone else's idea of a prank, so he joined in with the pranks - although by all accounts it sounds like he didn't really get it. When is it a prank to urinate on the carpet at a social event - but it has been described as a prank, a dare.

I doubt the women he met at that particular party were thinking he was hot. I think Jason used his "emotional intelligence" with women (something he learned at home) to get into women's heads - manipulate them.

Screen capture from the email Oct 24:

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t189/zed0101/youngmanipulation.jpg

He says he wants to talk about his feelings and have them validated. Women like to have their feelings validated, men seem to get over things, like their feelings, quickly. He talks like a woman to get into the heads of women and then seduces them. He accused Michelle of not validating his feelings, and then tells her that because there's something wrong with her, she should see a counsellor. He'll join her at counselling only after she has dealt with her problems. Highly manipulative. It's too bad he couldn't make that work in his career - he could have been very successful as a fast talker.

I commend the fiance that left shortly after she was back home and no longer reliant on Jason (the Texas trip). My heart broke to hear from the woman that first met Jason at the age of 6 or 7. Her parents and two older sisters all trusted him, why shouldn't she. I'm sure she had a childhood crush on him, but I don't think she imagined it in the way it happened ... on a couch with marker on her face while she is sleeping on the couch, and the second night again on the couch but this time she had sex. Because she was so distraught and because it took her so long to tell her husband, I suspect her marriage is over - she used the phrase "lost everything". She was very manipulated and kept a secret with him until she was forced to reveal it in court. She and her sisters continued contact until forbidden by their father. The ring story, which her husband new nothing about for the last three years, recently learned that the wedding ring he gave his wife to symbolize so many things had been in Jason's schittz.

Jason abused women but treated it like a joke - marker on her face when she's there for a conference? His "pranks" around women are abusive to women, but he talks about his feelings and dreams like a woman.

otto
06-17-2011, 11:13 PM
I have a question: after Jason pretended to swallow the rings, when CAS (whom Jason met as a kayak instructor at CAS's summer camp) was sitting at the dinner table with the family, what did Michelle do? CA said that she didn't get the rings back until the next day around 3.

What was the conversation about? She said that Jason wanted to look at her ring and she either took it off and gave it to him or she didn't remember. Something came up in the conversation about wedding rings ... was Jason looking at the ring value? ... comparing rings? ... acting like an older brother wanting to see what her husband spent? ... did Michelle ask to see the ring? ... and what did Michelle do when she realized her husband had taken (swallowed?) the wedding ring of a younger female family friend that was visiting them in connection with a conference?

Does anyone know the rest of this particular story?

ncsu95
06-17-2011, 11:51 PM
http://www.wral.com/asset/specialreports/michelleyoung/2011/06/17/9746195/Sept._12_2006_email_to_Genevieve_Cargol.PDF

JLY e-mail to his X...."my dream" 9/2006

http://www.wral.com/asset/specialreports/michelleyoung/2011/06/17/9746191/Oct._5_2006_email_to_Michelle_Young.PDF

JLY e-mail to MY 10-5-06

http://www.wral.com/specialreports/michelleyoung/document/9746188/

My and JLY e-mails 10-24-06

I love this line from his "dream" email to GC:

"I sometimes imagine that our paths will cross again....as old people, in a different life, in heaven, or however you want to think of it"

He was partially right...he just left out in superior court during my murder trial.

otto
06-17-2011, 11:56 PM
I love this line from his "dream" email to GC:

"I sometimes imagine that our paths will cross again....as old people, in a different life, in heaven, or however you want to think of it"

He was partially right...he just left out in superior court during my murder trial.

He romanticizes to get into a woman's head ... talking about heaven, being old together, living a different life, but at the same time he strikes me as a vulture.

No Coincidence
06-18-2011, 12:02 AM
Wow. What an eventful day. I am shocked that newspaper boy isn't testifying, I suppose it may not have been concrete enough and with 2 half -bass eye witnesses it may have made Gracie seem more of a longshot. By keeping her the only eye witness, I can only assume it made her a stronger I'd. It may have seemed (to the jury) that BH was stretching it and didn't have enough evidence without putting these ppl on. By just keeping her, it strengthened the rest, and radiated confidence about Gracie undoubtedly identifying scum boy, IMO.

otto
06-18-2011, 12:20 AM
Wow. What an eventful day. I am shocked that newspaper boy isn't testifying, I suppose it may not have been concrete enough and with 2 half -bass eye witnesses it may have made Gracie seem more of a longshot. By keeping her the only eye witness, I can only assume it made her a stronger I'd. It may have seemed (to the jury) that BH was stretching it and didn't have enough evidence without putting these ppl on. By just keeping her, it strengthened the rest, and radiated confidence about Gracie undoubtedly identifying scum boy, IMO.

IIRC the newspaper guy said, within a day or two of the murder, that he was on the road in front of the house between 4 and 4:30 in the morning and he saw all the lights on. That has since been questioned in terms of whether he was talking about the yard lights, the house lights, or the garage lights. The color of the vehicle was also in question, if I recall right. I think it might have been a grey/gray vehicle and he wasn't sure. When I first read the article, I thought it said the house lights.

Gracie was sweet and well intentioned. Police did not give her an opportunity to pick Jason Young out of a line-up, but she could well have picked him out of a 6 photo line-up. She said that police first mentioned the white SUV. Still, juries do seem inclined to give the prosecution the benefit of the doubt, so I suspect that Gracie's testimony was considered credible even though it is eye-witness testimony (which is generally weak evidence).

borndem
06-18-2011, 12:38 AM
Those emails make me nauseous. What a pathological liar - doing something (well, someONE!) behind her back yet on Michelle's case to get help for her own "issues". It's the deceptiveness that really makes my skin crawl.

Yes, all the belittling he does to her, knowing she is trying to make it work, probably just makes a twisted part of him smile. Who wants to go running home to her mother & say, "Well, Mom, it just didn't work. I was an idiot, and I failed." Of course her mom was hoping to hear it, but MY was still trying, but the light and sparkle were draining out of her -- only CY made her happy at that house.

I am beginning to see & feel the pure hate he had for her. By now, she had the better job, had gotten a good promotion, and was well-liked and respected by her peers & her boss at a well-paying stable company.

And Mr. Best AA was beginning to fail in his work. All he wanted was to get laid, somewhere to sleep and to go to ball games and get drunk -- the 17 year-old emerges and stays out. And she knew it.

Yep, MM and JY were a matched set. He was too stupid so see what a winner he had, and he needs to pay with the rest of his life.

otto
06-18-2011, 12:59 AM
So Linda visited in October, was going to Disneyland - marked in Michelle's day planner - in November, they were getting together for Thanksgiving and Christmas, and Jason was having a tantrum and threatening to spend time with his family if Michelle didn't reduce the time she spent with her family? Four or three nights was all he would allow per month, but Michelle was proposing 3 nights per week while her mom commuted from a place on the beach to help with the children. Her mom was willing to turn her world upside down, move to NC and look after the children 3 days a week so Michelle could keep her salary and benefits ... and Jason interfered - even though he did not even have a job.

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t189/zed0101/youngmanipulation2.jpg

otto
06-18-2011, 01:41 AM
Yes, all the belittling he does to her, knowing she is trying to make it work, probably just makes a twisted part of him smile. Who wants to go running home to her mother & say, "Well, Mom, it just didn't work. I was an idiot, and I failed." Of course her mom was hoping to hear it, but MY was still trying, but the light and sparkle were draining out of her -- only CY made her happy at that house.

I am beginning to see & feel the pure hate he had for her. By now, she had the better job, had gotten a good promotion, and was well-liked and respected by her peers & her boss at a well-paying stable company.

And Mr. Best AA was beginning to fail in his work. All he wanted was to get laid, somewhere to sleep and to go to ball games and get drunk -- the 17 year-old emerges and stays out. And she knew it.

Yep, MM and JY were a matched set. He was too stupid so see what a winner he had, and he needs to pay with the rest of his life.

She was a valued employee, as we have heard, and the company was willing to work with her proposed modified schedule, with her mother as a childcare assistant, until she her newborn was on his feet so to speak.

So ... did Jason really come across a bad vehicle accident where he held someone's hand until that man died, and did this happen a couple of days after Jason drove Michelle and his car into the river ... causing the death of a different son - the one conceived just before Rylan? I don't believe that happened - that Jason came across an accident, but that is something he included in the email to the teacher fiance ... or am I mistaken. Did it happen? Is there an accident report?

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t189/zed0101/JYAccidentReport.jpg

What do we know about the boating incident ... I suppose that's way behind the newspaper guy and river drive ... in terms of relevant court testimony.

I'm surprised Jason didn't mention to his ex-fiance, in his dream letter, that it was fortunate that his daughter was left at his mom's house just before he and Michelle had their morning coffee in the river ... and what about whether he asked her to check in the back for something and whether she was buckled in when he aimed for the shallow river ... never mind ... Jeanie Goins was named in court as the woman that told Michelle's family to support Jason or risk losing access to Michelle's daughter. If she is an instructor of social work, who threatened a family with losing all access to a grandchild unless they publicly supported the person they suspected of murdering the child's mother, well hey, she aught to be accountable.

otto
06-18-2011, 02:53 AM
http://media2.newsobserver.com/smedia/2011/06/16/18/45/1k8iFE.Em.156.jpg

He has more color in his face than usual

BrownRice
06-18-2011, 08:58 AM

Ha! Thanks for my first laugh of the day.

Just the Fax
06-18-2011, 09:30 AM
IIRC the newspaper guy said, within a day or two of the murder, that he was on the road in front of the house between 4 and 4:30 in the morning and he saw all the lights on. That has since been questioned in terms of whether he was talking about the yard lights, the house lights, or the garage lights. The color of the vehicle was also in question, if I recall right. I think it might have been a grey/gray vehicle and he wasn't sure. When I first read the article, I thought it said the house lights.

Actually, he said "light colored SUV" and yes, ALL the lights were on in the house (not just post lights) at the time he drove by. As expected, JLY turned them off before he departed.

There are many reasons he was not called. Perhaps they could not locate him 4 1/2 years later? They may have determined he would not make a good witness because of things in his background? He was apparently very vague on his time-line and thus, could cast reasonable doubt on the state's theory all together.

============================================

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s216/alive695/Capture-12.jpg

gorealtors
06-18-2011, 09:32 AM
I am assuming that MY's therapist had little or nothing spectacular that would contribute to the case.

Just the Fax
06-18-2011, 10:00 AM
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s216/alive695/wreck.jpg

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s216/alive695/email.jpg

This is total BS. Jay first tried to kill Michelle May 2006 in the French Broad River. Now he wants her to think the very next week he comforted a dying man. He was talking with his penix again to try to lure in a sympathetic girl.

"First responder"....."brutally disturbing"....."These things changed my life profoundly"

OMG Jay, please excuse me while I :anguish:

Just the Fax
06-18-2011, 10:11 AM
"I AM DONE", says JLY to his friend on 10-12-06.

Just the Fax
06-18-2011, 10:27 AM
I get the impression that it didn't matter what Michelle did, Jason was going to find fault or find a way to make it not work.

I don't know about that.
Betcha if she engaged him daily with his perverted sexual needs, she may well be alive today.

raisincharlie
06-18-2011, 10:27 AM

With that being said - don't you just wonder why Alice didn't stick up for Jason like she stuck up for Nancy Cooper and the Rentz's ? Kinda figure her "gut" said don't do it for Cassidy's sake - or maybe she just got to see the hatefulness first hand coming from Brevard.

Zamboni
06-18-2011, 10:54 AM
Thanks to those who posted the email links. He is sickening.

I have been thinking yesterday, though, about LF. I feel terribly sorry for her and her loss of MY, her isolation for so long from CY, and all of the associated terrible things she has gone through. No one should ever have to go through what she has been through. But, after listening to the testimony she gave and reading the emails, I think she meant well but I also think she was controlling and she did lack appropriate boundaries with her daughter's family. I am definitely NOT saying that this should have led to her son-in-law murdering her daughter; what a terrible outcome. But, there is no reason that JY should not have been able to have some holidays at his family's house with CY and MY but without her. She should not have tried to invite herself, and I think she still just can't understand that.

It seems like she stayed there a month in summer (July/Aug time frame), a couple of weeks in Oct, taking everyone to Disney in Nov (a week?), then again wants Thanksgiving, then I see two weeks proposed for December? This is everyday, waking up to see her, having nearly every dinner with her, and I think it's pretty well established that they didn't get along swimmingly. It is too much.

I love my family but for me, and for many people, it is still STRESSFUL to have family visit, especially for more than a few days at a time. So, as much as I hate to say it, on this one tiny point I can see his perspective. Otherwise he still make me want to vomit, and I hope they lock him up forever.

carolinalady
06-18-2011, 11:07 AM
With that being said - don't you just wonder why Alice didn't stick up for Jason like she stuck up for Nancy Cooper and the Rentz's ? Kinda figure her "gut" said don't do it for Cassidy's sake - or maybe she just got to see the hatefulness first hand coming from Brevard.

I know we've been asked to not taked about the Cooper case over her, but I did want to respond to this. I do think that Stubbs was acting in her client's best interest (IMO this was in Cassidy's best interest as well). She had just seen what happened to Cooper when he testified in that child custody hearing. Her questions to him were fair game and she knew opposing counsel could/would ask those same probing questions in this case. And that the eyes of law enforcement would be all over it.

Just the Fax
06-18-2011, 11:09 AM
The jury will not know anything about "Daddy did it" on 911 call.
The transcript shows "inaudible" for CY's background words (this was stated in court at the end of part 2 of MF's testimony).

Listen to MF's testimony again (part 3), and you will hear that the 911 tape goes silent when the operator is connecting to WCSO. This was the part CY clearly said "daddy did it".

Zamboni
06-18-2011, 11:13 AM
^Interesting. That must have gotten struck as inadmissible (<- which I probably don't know how to spell.):p

gorealtors
06-18-2011, 11:37 AM

I have been thinking yesterday, though, about LF. I feel terribly sorry for her and her loss of MY, her isolation for so long from CY, and all of the associated terrible things she has gone through. No one should ever have to go through what she has been through. But, after listening to the testimony she gave and reading the emails, I think she meant well but I also think she was controlling and she did lack appropriate boundaries with her daughter's family. I am definitely NOT saying that this should have led to her son-in-law murdering her daughter; what a terrible outcome. But, there is no reason that JY should not have been able to have some holidays at his family's house with CY and MY but without her. She should not have tried to invite herself, and I think she still just can't understand that.

It seems like she stayed there a month in summer (July/Aug time frame), a couple of weeks in Oct, taking everyone to Disney in Nov (a week?), then again wants Thanksgiving, then I see two weeks proposed for December? This is everyday, waking up to see her, having nearly every dinner with her, and I think it's pretty well established that they didn't get along swimmingly. It is too much.

I love my family but for me, and for many people, it is still STRESSFUL to have family visit, especially for more than a few days at a time. So, as much as I hate to say it, on this one tiny point I can see his perspective. Otherwise he still make me want to vomit, and I hope they lock him up forever.

This is the one and only tiny little point in which I can see Jason's side. I love my inlaws of 31 years dearly, but I think if my MIL came for a visit that often, it would begin to wear thin. I agree, Zamboni that Linda likely didn't see it as such and considered herself a "big help" to MY and JY. I also think that MY was more or less caught in the middle on this issue and didn't quite know how she would handle her own mother without hurting her feelings. It's as if there was no win-win for anyone as far as this was concerned. Oh, by the way, JY is still a POS!!

borndem
06-18-2011, 11:43 AM

This is total BS. Jay first tried to kill Michelle May 2006 in the French Broad River. Now he wants her to think the very next week he comforted a dying man. He was talking with his penis again to try to lure in a sympathetic girl.

"First responder"....."brutally disturbing"....."These things changed my life profoundly"

ITA, JTF! He was so FOS. What a hero!! Why would he even put this crock in his email? Maybe a friend of his related this incident and JY was impressed by it. Oh, he is so low, repulsive, immature and such a :chicken:.

I feel confident that his mama pumped him up ever since he was born -- hero boy, smart, handsome, a real catch for a lucky and (of course) undeserving woman. I think he went around with a puffed-up chest and a big dose of self-confidence. Maybe this attitude lured women, IDK.

p.s. Thanks for your finally putting the p-word out there! He was a walking p**** in shoes, IMO.

borndem
06-18-2011, 12:18 PM
"I AM DONE", says JLY to his friend on 10-12-06.

Nah, that's a lie. :liar: He wasn't "done" until 11/03/06. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/images/icons/icon8.gif

And maybe he'll be "well done" in another week or so. :crossfingers: :crossfingers: :crossfingers:

borndem
06-18-2011, 12:32 PM

That's a good observation, rc, and ITA.

I had been thinking about AS and her client from the moment I found that she was his custody atty. She has probably had despicable clients before, and this is her profession, and I'm sure she tries to be a champion for her clients, but surely he and his mama made her shake her head and want to scream. And notice, I don't think she's been in the courtroom a single day, as we have seen in the past -- I could have missed it, or her schedule may be jammed, vacation, etc., but if not, that's a bit telling, IMO.

borndem
06-18-2011, 12:41 PM

ITA, Zam -- It IS a lot of time, especially in a month-long dose. She, like PY (ack), is very dedicated and loving and wants to be with her only grandchild -- very understandable, but... she was too close to it. And, as you say, even in the best of marriages, such a visit and her probably being very helpful (too much?) and hands-on, it does put a certain stress in the house.

otto
06-18-2011, 02:10 PM

This is total BS. Jay first tried to kill Michelle May 2006 in the French Broad River. Now he wants her to think the very next week he comforted a dying man. He was talking with his penix again to try to lure in a sympathetic girl.

Thanks. That's what I thought. If Jason had been a hero at a vehicle accident shortly after driving his wife down the embankment and into the river, we would have heard about it long before this email.

cody100
06-18-2011, 02:23 PM
Yeah, you know DT and mamma would have splashed that all over the news. I think their problems were much greater than MY's mom. I just think she was an excuse for JY to be obnoxious and contentious.

otto
06-18-2011, 02:30 PM

I can see it from both sides of the coin. On the one hand, Jason was out of work and Michelle was carrying the financial load. Jason's work history was rather checkered in the sense that he had changed jobs often, while Michelle had a solid, stable work history. Michelle was trying to balance everything such that she could continue to provide for the family ($60k annual salary) while having children. Until such time that Jason established a stable career, she had to manage with what was available. When Cassidy was born, Meredith provided childcare. It doesn't appear that Jason had a problem with this. Meredith was busy when Rylan was due, so Michelle again looked to family to assist - and this time Linda was available. It was a solution that would get them through the next year while Jason got his act together.

I can see that Jason was upset about having his mother in law help with the children as it meant that she would be around a lot. Jason could have easily solved the problem by settling down, focusing on his family/career and contributing financially such that he could also have a modified work schedule or pay daycare costs.

As it was, Jason rejected the solution that Michelle was working on, but at the same time did nothing in terms of creating or providing an alternate solution.

cody100
06-18-2011, 02:37 PM
Otto, what kind of salary did JY make with his job and how long had he been there? Yes, I have seen guys and gals like JY. I think he should have used birth control and never gotten married. The guy is too much into fun, conquest of females, and very immature.

BirdHunter
06-18-2011, 02:59 PM
I don't know about that.
Betcha if she engaged him daily with his perverted sexual needs, she may well be alive today.
I agree it did not matter what M did or did not do. JY was going to rid his life or her.

Zamboni
06-18-2011, 03:01 PM
I can see it from both sides of the coin. On the one hand, Jason was out of work and Michelle was carrying the financial load. Jason's work history was rather checkered in the sense that he had changed jobs often, while Michelle had a solid, stable work history. Michelle was trying to balance everything such that she could continue to provide for the family ($60k annual salary) while having children. Until such time that Jason established a stable career, she had to manage with what was available. When Cassidy was born, Meredith provided childcare. It doesn't appear that Jason had a problem with this. Meredith was busy when Rylan was due, so Michelle again looked to family to assist - and this time Linda was available. It was a solution that would get them through the next year while Jason got his act together.

I can see that Jason was upset about having his mother in law help with the children as it meant that she would be around a lot. Jason could have easily solved the problem by settling down, focusing on his family/career and contributing financially such that he could also have a modified work schedule or pay daycare costs.

As it was, Jason rejected the solution that Michelle was working on, but at the same time did nothing in terms of creating or providing an alternate solution.

Yes, I can see both sides here, too. Especially the last part you said. Clearly it was one more thing on his list of excuses for being a jerk.

My hope is that others can look at this and ask themselves if maybe they are in a similar type of situation (as a mother-in-law or as a spouse on either side) and then think about what they can do to try to find a middle ground for everyone.

otto
06-18-2011, 03:04 PM
Otto, what kind of salary did JY make with his job and how long had he been there? Yes, I have seen guys and gals like JY. I think he should have used birth control and never gotten married. The guy is too much into fun, conquest of females, and very immature.

I don't know about Jason's salary - but a friend of the Young family often suggested that Jason's salary was greater than Michelle's. I do remember, from trying to understand this a few years ago, that Jason seemed to change jobs often and I'm pretty sure that he was out of work a few months before the murder and again shortly after the murder. There was an email in one of the warrants about Jason being very difficult when he had to collect their daughter from daycare even though he was out of work. JTF may have Jason's work history.

otto
06-18-2011, 03:13 PM
Yes, I can see both sides here, too. Especially the last part you said. Clearly it was one more thing on his list of excuses for being a jerk.

My hope is that others can look at this and ask themselves if maybe they are in a similar type of situation (as a mother-in-law or as a spouse on either side) and then think about what they can do to try to find a middle ground for everyone.

A parent that sees an adult child in a bad situation is probably very torn about what to do. On the one hand they want to swoop in and help - any way they can, while on the other hand they know they have to step back and let the adult children sort it out on their own. I think Linda was probably very concerned about Michelle but at the same time felt helpless. Frequent visits would have been her way of not only trying to reassure herself that everything was okay, but also her way of standing between Michelle and Jason to protect Michelle (and we know that she needed to be protected). Regarding Thanksgiving and Christmas, rather than Jason being upset about Linda's visit, he should have invited his mom to visit as well ... make it a "home" holiday. The following year they could visit Linda in NY, and the next they could visit Brevard. So many couples are in the same situation where they have to keep all sorts of extended family happy while balancing their own nuclear family needs - it's one big compromise.

Just the Fax
06-18-2011, 03:47 PM
No idea how much JLY was paid at ChartOne....I would guess he had a base/commission.

We just heard from his Ex that he "lost his job" (Kwikset & Price Pfister) in Charlotte and then moved back to Raleigh.
================================================== ==

Finished NC State , May 1998 (age 24)

Nike Apparel sales (Charlotte) 9/98 - 1/00

Kwikset & Price Pfister (Charlotte) - sold faucets and door locks to Lowes 2/00 - 2/02 (laid off?)

While visiting from Charlotte, he met Michelle in Raleigh 1/01 (she was in Accounting grad school)

Pan American Labs (Drug Rep - Raleigh) 2/02 - 1/05
Moved to Raleigh 2/02, living with friends. Bought condo with Ryan 12/02.
After Michelle became pregnant, they were engaged 8/03 and married 10/03....Cassidy born 3/04
Moved to Birchleaf 5/05

Sentric Medical (orthopedic parts sales- Raleigh) 1/05 - 7/06

ChartOne (med software) 8/06 - 12/06 (Fired)

Novo Nordisk (Drug rep- Greenville SC) 3/07- (fired 9/08)

otto
06-18-2011, 04:30 PM
Thanks JTF. The email I was thinking about must have been from August 06 when Jason was between jobs.

cody100
06-18-2011, 04:47 PM
Thanks, JTF. I appreciate the info. I expect his salary fluctuated depending on his commission. His was, however, very steady.

happy2binNC
06-18-2011, 05:45 PM
The jury will not know anything about "Daddy did it" on 911 call.
The transcript shows "inaudible" for CY's background words (this was stated in court at the end of part 2 of MF's testimony).

Listen to MF's testimony again (part 3), and you will hear that the 911 tape goes silent when the operator is connecting to WCSO. This was the part CY clearly said "daddy did it".

Is there another link somewhere that includes CY's words?

Just the Fax
06-18-2011, 05:49 PM
Is there another link somewhere that includes CY's words?

http://www.wral.com/news/local/audio/1119462/

Toward the end, as the phone is ringing to WCSO.

"Daddy did it"..."ok"

Too bad MF was in shock and did not realize what she said.

Just the Fax
06-18-2011, 06:10 PM
For those that missed it, here is the People Magazine Cover article from January 2007.
This is what pushed the murder to national news.
Of course, this was very early before the real truth about JLY and the marriage broke.

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s216/alive695/people012207micapu0.jpg
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s216/alive695/peoplemagMY-Copy.jpg
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s216/alive695/people012207miccau6.jpg
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s216/alive695/people012207micdbo1-Copy.jpg

ncsu95
06-18-2011, 10:42 PM
As a male, husband, and father, I am completely and utterly disgusted with what I read in the email exchange between MY and JY. Regardless if he is guilty of the murder (obviously I think he is), he had no right to talk down to and treat his wife the way he did in that email. And he had the gall to express his love for her in it as well. You could just see how little respect he had for Michelle. And the classic "I'll get counseling with you once you fix your issues" crap. Just pisses me off. I tossed/turned in bed for over an hour last night thinking about that email.

Now I will say this....I do understand somewhat his frustration with his MIL visiting so much (I personally don't have that problem). I just hate how he handled it.

borndem
06-18-2011, 11:12 PM
OT - Fran - HiYa -

I've been lurking for a couple of hours on WS at the Michelle Le case in Hayward, CA. I know you're nowhere close in San Diego, but I just wondered if the news of her disappearance, etc., is reported with any regularity or depth down where you are. It's an interesting and scary one, and it certainly doesn't look like it will have a good ending.

There is, it appears, a San Diego connection since SD was her home town, apparently.

Just asking, if you get a minute. Thanks. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/images/icons/icon7.gif

borndem
06-18-2011, 11:43 PM
As a male, husband, and father, I am completely and utterly disgusted with what I read in the email exchange between MY and JY. Regardless if he is guilty of the murder (obviously I think he is), he had no right to talk down to and treat his wife the way he did in that email. And he had the gall to express his love for her in it as well. You could just see how little respect he had for Michelle. And the classic "I'll get counseling with you once you fix your issues" crap. Just pisses me off. I tossed/turned in bed for over an hour last night thinking about that email.

Now I will say this....I do understand somewhat his frustration with his MIL visiting so much (I personally don't have that problem). I just hate how he handled it.

I agree, ncsu, you could just see the hate and disdain he had for her in his words. I don't know if he meant his words to be as cruel as they were, but there she was, pregnant and getting bigger and clumsier every day (take it from me, that is how you feel whether you really are that way or not). And although a son will be wonderful, I'm sure she knows that it will bring even more tension into the house. An JY will leave it all to her...

I'm sure she really had no one that she felt like she could unload to unless it was her therapist -- was she seeing her regularly? She couldn't tell it all to her sister because if she did, then there would be a phone call to Sayville, and here comes her mom (then he might have killed them both, IMO).

Anyway, I feel that JY's hate of her and of being so tied down, was down in his gut, just churning away. And it was going to explode sooner or later. Maybe opportunity was all the trigger he needed. JMO

And yes indeed ncsu, it pizzes me off, too. :maddening: He had no right to be such a cruel, unfeeling POS. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/images/icons/icon8.gif

Just the Fax
06-19-2011, 09:54 AM
I thought it was interesting he would constantly belittle her. "Are you really going to have another cupcake?" ......"varoom - varoom".
Like Linda said, "she was defeated...empty".
Total POS, that Jason Young.

terminatrixator
06-19-2011, 11:27 AM
I thought it was interesting he would constantly belittle her. "Are you really going to have another cupcake?" ......"varoom - varoom".
Like Linda said, "she was defeated...empty".
Total POS, that Jason Young.

Seems like Jason and Raven were cut from the exact same cloth. Right down to the affairs, belittling, meanness. Nothing either did was good enough, though both were better than these POS's. I also see similarities between the Mom's that raised these sociopaths.

RaleighNC
06-19-2011, 12:27 PM
I just listened to the 911 call and I heard CY says that Daddy did it twice - once near the end - but once toward the middle.

That poor child.

How dare he then keep that child from MY's family. He did it so that she would "forget" or at least talk about it less. I have to think that kids would repeat something like that for a while.

Bastard.

I hope that the Fischers keep a close eye on this little girl and make sure she has access to a therapist with some frequency. One of our own WS's recounted her repressed memory of almost being killed by a family member - the mind does not forget and my guess is that she may be having issues that she won't know why - but her family will.

He is pure evil.

The others comments here on his manipulation and his "talking like a girl" are spot on. He gets into their heads, first as a friend or someone trusted and then the manipulation continues.

Vile and disgusting.

borndem
06-19-2011, 02:59 PM
I just listened to the 911 call and I heard CY says that Daddy did it twice - once near the end - but once toward the middle.

That poor child.

How dare he then keep that child from MY's family. He did it so that she would "forget" or at least talk about it less. I have to think that kids would repeat something like that for a while.

Bastard.

I hope that the Fischers keep a close eye on this little girl and make sure she has access to a therapist with some frequency. One of our own WS's recounted her repressed memory of almost being killed by a family member - the mind does not forget and my guess is that she may be having issues that she won't know why - but her family will.

He is pure evil.

The others comments here on his manipulation and his "talking like a girl" are spot on. He gets into their heads, first as a friend or someone trusted and then the manipulation continues.

Vile and disgusting.

BBM - Raleigh, I couldn't have said it better, but, being me, I will add to it...

That BBM sentence of yours nails it -- The Youngs whisked that little girl out of town and "quarantined" her so very quickly -- they simply could not have her saying, "Daddy did it" in front of people, or asking, "Daddy, why did you hit Mommy so hard?" They had to make sure she knew she was having a bad dream or something. And if they did try or succeed at brainwashing her about that night -- because that child saw & heard something that night -- then CY, as you fear & suspect, may probably have problems at some time in her life, especially with trusting and loving a man or a step-dad, I suspect..

When they took her away so quickly, I knew why from the very beginning -- and so did everyone else who was close to this situation. She was smart and she knew. And that is a horrible thing to imagine.

He is a snake and a monster to every female he touches, even his little girl. He weighed keeping her vs. a psych exam and giving a deposition, and his little girl lost. Thank goodness his selfishness & narcissism prevailed in this argument.

Yes, RaleighNC, "pure evil."
Here ends another mini-rant. :rant:

gorealtors
06-19-2011, 03:30 PM
Borndem, even Linda stated on the witness stand, "Who gives up their child"??? All the back and forth between JY's attorney and Linda's was JY figuring out a way around a depo or psyche test. When he had exhausted every avenue possible, he just gave CY away.... JUST...LIKE....THAT! Figured he had bought himself another swatch of freedom! What a self-serving SOB!

borndem
06-19-2011, 03:49 PM
Yes, gorealtors, you're right... "Just like that " --

He would enjoy not being encumbered with a child -- he wanted to play his kind of games, not CY's... oh, the life again -- wine, women and Jason...

Even MY said he was a "good father" -- she was mistaken in her judgment of him on this part of him, too. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/images/icons/icon8.gif

RaleighNC
06-19-2011, 08:37 PM
Borndem, even Linda stated on the witness stand, "Who gives up their child"??? All the back and forth between JY's attorney and Linda's was JY figuring out a way around a depo or psyche test. When he had exhausted every avenue possible, he just gave CY away.... JUST...LIKE....THAT! Figured he had bought himself another swatch of freedom! What a self-serving SOB!

CY was a pawn. They kept her around to either brainwash her or at least let her move on some and make sure that no one could "ask" her anything. All this under the guise of caring for her.

Then - as noted, when "keeping" her would mean submitting to a depo or a psyche eval (my guess is that scared him good...) they caved. Why not - they were done with her - kept her long enough that her memory would fade and they probably never spoke of MY, etc.