PDA

View Full Version : 2011.06.23 TRIAL Day Twenty-six (Morning Session)

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

believe09
06-23-2011, 09:27 AM
Maybe ICA is bored as well.

JenniferTx
Baez cannot phrase a question properly to save his life.

I think he does it to try and confuse everyone. He must really get a kick out of doing it since has done it for most of this trial.

Serjen
Disappointed with Wesh. They've also taken to putting on commentary during sidebars, a la IS. Blah, may have to find another 'favorite' site.

I don't watch WESH but I love Bill S. commentary on WFTV during Sidebars and breaks...he always says what I am thinking

Linda7NJ
I can't link the site but it is AKAMI for media player. I think it is on a page at the beginning of the thread and is on a list that one of the poster's puts up on occassion. As soon as I find it I will post the link.

the link is in my signature

Momma Hen
Is bore and confuse the jury a legitimate defense strategy?

momtective
Screen shot of the inmate? Anyone?

http://i749.photobucket.com/albums/xx132/The_Missing/a11.jpg

Kimster
Thread for discussing ICA's appearance:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

:tyou:

jane the dood
06-23-2011, 09:28 AM
"Aaaannnd..."

My eyes are already rolling back into my head. Time for a slap!
:slap:

Tipstaff
Lippman is now saying he was misquoted. He is not admitting or denying how the Anthonys feel about her guilt.

Another 'swing' by the A's........no surprise here.

2goldfish
WFTV but they also have ad after ad before you get to live pic, and interrupt with more ad's in the middle of testimony :banghead:

I keep seeing people say this about WFTV but I have NEVER got a commercial, I use firefox with a plugin called adblock and that might be why, never during testimony is the feed interrupted and during breaks when schaeffer etc are up, they will say brb but I just get a black screen til they return.

Whisperer
Oakley:

POST #12 of this thread. Insominia Mom gives all the feeds. I like Akami. You can watch the action as you type and read here...so cool

...and no commercials.

~n/t~
*yawn*

NBC had a catch phrase for all it's reruns druing summer time..."If you haven't seen it, it's new to you!" This is exactly how I feel right now. Seems like a rerun of the same old, same old.

What a waste of time for the poor jurors.

pinkfly
JB wants to bring home the point that there was a miss-identification early on with the banded hairs but we already heard testimony that it was caught and straightened out before reports were made. Hope the jury isn’t getting gerfluffed by all this not-evidence

bonjoviblonde
OMG. How many times does this guy have to say that INITIALLY the examiner said one thing and then CONFIRMED that he was incorrect and his final conclusion was different. Gee Whiz!!!! I've heard it at least 20 times now. JB just keeps on and on and on like the witness isn't even saying it. He just ignores what the witness says and keeps on with his crap. He's like a child who will NOT take no for an answer. It's like he puts his fingers in his ears and says "la la la la I can't hear you." Unbelievable!!

Mountain_Kat
Good lord, I just now figured out where JB is trying to go with all this.

Honestly, why does he make me work so hard to figure out what point he's trying to make?!

PaulaF513
I fail to see any merit in this presentation by Baez. If I understand correctly, this witness is saying that the hairs he is referencing were part of a "test"..a study..not part of the investigation.

I cannot understand why he is allowed to waste the court's time with this kind of nonsense. This whole issue was presented by the state and concluded.

Star12
as far as I remember, the sunfire trunk was not submerged in water....

Amster
Did this guy take a hair from a living individual and place it in a car trunk in the summer for 31 plus days??

MvD
06-23-2011, 09:29 AM
what is baez trying to prove... that there was a hair in KC's trunk that had been buried on soil or under water for a month before finding its way into her trunk? Im so not sure what his point is.

4realtho
Lippman is now saying he was misquoted. He is not admitting or denying how the Anthonys feel about her guilt.

Just another person being accused of stating mis-truths or half-truths by the Anthony's.

Pita
Lord, the DT HAVE to know by now they are NOT going to get the body out of CA's trunk.

LiveLaughLuv
Maybe ICA is bored as well.

Of course she is...they aren't discussing HER....:banghead:

nursebeeme
new word of the day: "hair scientist"
((sorry too much coffee))

truthsleuth
JB: That's another antemortem hair--it's the one EX. 2 identified as having death banding. One of the examiners made a mistake with this hair initally?

SS: I believe the hairs are clearly different. They excluded this hair through further testing and examination.

JB: What is this here sir?

SS: Another hair from a living individual that was stored in potting soil for 100 days.

JB: And is there beginning composition on this hair?

SS: Yes. There is some striping in this are here.

Commercial! Sorry!

Marple
Maybe a little OT: I know that JB speaks spanish but does anybody know if spanish is his first language or if english is his first language? I wonder sometimes because of the way he phrases certain things.

Tulessa
Links in siggy!

pcrum12
06-23-2011, 09:30 AM
Alright, who is Steve Shaw?!

Does Baez realize we've seen ALOT of witnesses and we need refreshers as to who these people are and what they do?!

So aggravating!!

ETA: I do recall Mr. Shaw's face, for what it's worth. :)

JB has to call the experts back to illecit whatever the states atty did not open on their driect testimony. In JB's cross examination he could only ask questions that the SA had in their direct. Hope that makes sense.

DianaElaine
UGH!!! What GOOD is all this??? :maddening:

mitzi
I wonder if JB is 'stickin' it to Dr. Vass' by keeping him waiting...I believe he was in the hallway the day BEFORE Dr. Weiss testified...so he's been waiting at least since Tuesday...I wouldn't put it past JB to use such childish methods to 'get even' with his 'falling short' of Dr. Vass' intelligence.

Mountain_Kat
JB wants to bring home the point that there was a miss-identification early on with the banded hairs but we already heard testimony that it was caught and straightened out before reports were made. Hope the jury isn’t getting gerfluffed by all this not-evidence

I think he's bringing this study up in order to show that a person who drown (say in a swimming pool) might also exhibit this death banding in hair.

At least, I THINK that is where he is trying to go with this. :waitasec:

Shelby1
MagpieFromHinky (http://twitter.com/#%21/MagpieFromHinky) Pamela

That last hair looked like a squash earth worm it was dark & translucent

scotslass
I keep listening to Jb as i think he may have some good points/reason to recall these witnesses, however even on the off chance he did have some bombshell material i think i'd miss it as he seems all over the place and so unprepared :(

newsjunkie
I love WFTV. Commentary is good too.

http://www.wftv.com/caseyanthony/index.html

I know some are asking for picture in picture, but I agree this is a good link. I posted this pic to show how my desktop looks for trial viewing. I have three windows open and mute the Casey Cam window.

www.wftv.com/caseyanthony/caseytriallive1/index.html

www.wftv.com/caseyanthony/caseytriallive2/index.html

OR www.wdbo.com/caseyontrialvideo/ syncs up well and doesn't have commercials.

Kimster
06-23-2011, 09:31 AM
what is baez trying to prove... that there was a hair in KC's trunk that had been buried on soil or under water for a month before finding its way into her trunk? Im so not sure what his point is.

That would squash the theory that Caylee was in the trunk for 3-5 days. But still, the way he's going about everything is confusing. The jurors haven't followed this case for three years. Imagine how they feel!

Miss Anarchy
JB's questioning of this witness is grueling. He is stumbling over his own questions. I don't know how the jury can follow it.

Sleuth5

Continuing his pattern of attempting to run things by the jury that have already been solidly supported and hoping they just aren't paying attention.

:cow:

Gracelin
Is he going to say the unthinkable?? Caylee was buried alive??? :(

QueenD

Honestly, why does he make me work so hard to figure out what point he's trying to make?!

Well can you fill us in. Cause I am sooooooo lost.

Moe
I don't know if I can take much more of this, JB going in circles.

Lovejac
Good Lord! Me thinks JB should have claimed that GA used KC car to transport Caylee's body.

It would have saved weeks testimony.

azscr4mbl3r
We've already heard this testimony about the experiment/study.

Apparently JB is a glutton for punishment. But thanks <modsnip> Baez. Refresh the jury about the death band hair in the trunk and the duct tape and chloroform etc... :woohoo:

pip
Why do I get the feeling JB is rehashing all this just to drag his feet and buy time as the defense is working on their next phase of their presentation? ie: the non-expert testimonies. Could ICA be pizzed because they received news that the OCSO investigation of Whaley regarding the drowning theory has advanced and has become evidence for the state?? One can only hope. ;)

bobloblaw
There's this but it has no Casey cam (PIP).

http://www.wdbo.com/caseyontrialvideo/

That alot better thank you!!!:rocker:

TiaM
06-23-2011, 09:32 AM

Or his client's. :loser:

jamiect
The jury is paying attention and some are taking notes, but I wouldn't say that they're riveted by this testimony. #CaseyAnthony
by stevehelling via twitter at 9:29 AM

Cubby
OMG. How many times does this guy have to say that INITIALLY the examiner said one thing and then CONFIRMED that he was incorrect and his final conclusion was different. Gee Whiz!!!! I've heard it at least 20 times now. JB just keeps on and on and on like the witness isn't even saying it. He just ignores what the witness says and keeps on with his crap. He's like a child who will NOT take no for an answer. It's like he puts his fingers in his ears and says "la la la la I can't hear you." Unbelievable!!

BBM. Agreed. I'm sure the jury has picked up on that as well.

jmo

Tipstaff
JB's rehash of the state witnesses makes me think he could not get his own experts/witnesses so this rehash hoping state witnesses will have changed

Then the State will get these same witnesses on recross to reinforce. Redundant! Just like my post.

TotallyObsessed
Maybe a little OT: I know that JB speaks spanish but does anybody know if spanish is his first language or if english is his first language? I wonder sometimes because of the way he phrases certain things.

I have no clue..but I know that he NOW speaks CASEYSPEAK.

jane the dood
06-23-2011, 09:33 AM

I think his strategy, if you can call it that, is what my husband likes to call "Baffle 'em with Bullsheet" (only he doesn't say "sheet")...:crazy:

Mendara
Even if he is making a point he seems so disorganized.

sappysoul

I agree but it has served him well. He is allowed to basically testify by providing an answer in his question. I think it is purposeful. Although the question is objected to he gets it out there so I see no benefit to the objection. He has done it continuously throughout his CIC.

SurfieTX
The jury is paying attention and some are taking notes, but I wouldn't say that they're riveted by this testimony. #CaseyAnthony
by stevehelling via twitter at 7:29 AM

pinkfly
time to comb my hair for JA

Mountain_Kat
06-23-2011, 09:34 AM
Well can you fill us in. Cause I am sooooooo lost.

Hair submerged in water (in study) showed death banding. JB is trying to show the death band hair might have resulted from drowning death? :waitasec:

I dunno...that doesn't really make sense either. The test hair was submerged in water for a long period of time.

Nevermind...I don't know what JB is trying to get out of this witnes.:banghead:

Tulessa
A GOOD Casey Cam.
http://media2.myfoxorlando.com/live/casey_cam_shell.html

BigFatMommyDog
Here comes the powerpoint

cloud9
JA up! :great:

Mendara
Oh JA is shutting it down again.

Mare10
power point!

Steely Dan
06-23-2011, 09:35 AM
What does JB think he's proving here? :waitasec:

AnotherGladysKravitz
Powerpoint! YES!

Just K
Oh MY! Here comes the power point!

Amster
Our pretty in pink inmate seems to be quite angry this morning.

JA makes me so happy! Putting the thwart-down on JB!

:woohoo:

Miss Anarchy
I love it when JA gets up on cross and gets the defense witness to essentially take back what they said under direct. You can tell JA is invested in this case and that he knows his law!

jmfstl
Here comes the powerpoint oh and good morning all I overslept gah

nativeSFL
06-23-2011, 09:36 AM
YES! The PP!
:great::rocker::woohoo:

Sleuth5
Yet another day of listing all the things that don't have evidence linking ICA to the crime. I wonder when he'll get to my house? "And you didn't find any death banding on the hair recovered there either, did you? No further questions." Stalk off with smug smirk.

Momma Hen
Someone remind me...is this power point the one they didn't admit before? But dear Jose opened the door now?

scotslass
ME thinks JB should try closing some of the doors he keeps opening :banghead:

mnegri1973
Still playing catch-up but why oh why does the DT put all of these forensics peeps on the stand and keep asking the same questions over and over and over and over again.

Mel

Macushla
Does anyone know which person is "Magpie" from the Hinky? Can you see her in audience?

I have been told she has very short brown hair, won't dare try to estimate her age :floorlaugh: and is very nice looking.

UESwifey
More and more every day I feel like JP and JA have to handhold Baez and walk him through how a trial works. He is constantly being corrected, fumbling and confusing everyone. The fact that JA and LDB are such pros doesn't help make Baez look any better. How clear and concise was the SA's presentation compared to the DT's sad attempt? If I were on the jury I would be so curious as to how Baez got this case!

summerthyme
06-23-2011, 09:37 AM
We need to start serving mincemeat on our morning breakfast buffet. :crazy:

jmfstl
Someone remind me...is this power point the one they didn't admit before? But dear Jose opened the door now?

That would be correct

Sleuth5
AW....What did <modsnip> do to deserve this?

Well...never mind. :wink:

BigFatMommyDog
What is the strategy here....(for JB)

Mare10
I think JB now wanted the Power Point admitted and it is. But why does he want it admitted now?

cleo612
Baez is really worried about this post mortem root banded hair from the trunk.

Kentjbkent
now that you mention it, you might be right, it never seems to lower...I didnt even know people could DO that...cant people tell by their brow bone where the brow should be?

*rarely plucks* :blushing:

And this concludes the eyebrow discussion! :rocker:

Shelby1
Beth Karas InSession (http://www.facebook.com/BethKarasInsession)
More from George and Cindy's attorney, Mark Lippman: "The Anthony family maintains they do NOT under any circumstance support any theory that the defense has put forward regarding George Anthony's actions." They do not want to see the death penalty imposed and they just want to know the truth about what happened to Caylee.

QuietStorm
And it's in! Did JB want it in after all? He's going to go after something in it once he paid attention to it?

Mountain_Kat
Hair evidence is the most boring topic everrrrrrr!

ShadowGal
And JA plays his card....the man rocks. Asks the witness if any of the hairs he studied from car trunks were in the photos JB just showed. Witness: no. JA moves to have the power point that JB took his water decomp photos from into evidence. Bam. Heavy set guy at defense table looks like a deer in the headlights.

Yellow Rose
I feel like a cheerleader when JA gets up there

bobloblaw
Interesting... I watched the Jason Young trial last night and there were virtually no objections during testimony...weird!

tehcloser
06-23-2011, 09:38 AM
I figured it out. JB is really an undercover agent for the State.

Tulessa
WTH! At the bottom of mt CNN feed it says, and I quote "lawyer: Casey Anthony's parents do NOT think she is innocent". Huh???????????

nursebeeme
From the opening post...... come on peeps. Don't make this more difficult than it has to be. :blowkiss:

PLEASE avoid posts that are:

- bashing the defendant's looks or grooming, in words or through visual images

- using derogatory or demeaning terms to refer to players in this case

- snarky to fellow WSers

- otherwise sending the thread off-topic.

bumping up.... let's not talk about who Jose Baez looks like:seeya: thanks everyone:rocker:

TiaM
More and more every day I feel like JP and JA have to handhold Baez and walk him through how a trial works. He is constantly being corrected, fumbling and confusing everyone. The fact that JA and LDB are such pros doesn't help make Baez look any better. How clear and concise was the SA's presentation compared to the DT's sad attempt? If I were on the jury I would be so curious as to how Baez got this case!

I'd be curious as to how he got a Law Degree! :loser:

Dragonlady
JA is my newest crush, I sit on the edge of my seat when he is up to bat. :heartluv:

LyndyLoo
:woohoo::woohoo: JA can now introduce that powerpoint..Way to go JB!!

Considering those 2 incidences that 2 different hairs which were identified as most mortem root banding...were later withdrawn as such after those two scientist conferred....This is preciesely the reason when the FBI ananlyst identified Caylee's hair with rootbanding she got ANOTHER to view it and either agree or disagree..two heads are better than one..

Way to go JB..making the case for SA:great: by recalling this witness

Eidetic
06-23-2011, 09:39 AM
KBelichWFTVKathi Belich, WFTV
Because the only hair found with the post mortem dark banding was found in Casey's trunk

1 minute ago

Prosecutor is now focusing on hairs in study that were put in a car trunk

2 minutes ago

Baez is trying to show that hairs taken from the living subjected to water and soil would show the same dark "banding" as hair from the dead

3 minutes ago

Oakley
I love WFTV. Commentary is good too.

http://www.wftv.com/caseyanthony/index.html

Yes it is. But not when I want to hear the trial, KWIM?

whiteangora
Anyone catch the witness glancing in Baez' direction, looked like, "Please forgive me for what I'm about to say".

ahoyhoy
I wonder if JB is 'stickin' it to Dr. Vass' by keeping him waiting...I believe he was in the hallway the day BEFORE Dr. Weiss testified...so he's been waiting at least since Tuesday...I wouldn't put it past JB to use such childish methods to 'get even' with his 'falling short' of Dr. Vass' intelligence.

I have a strong feeling that Dr. Vass could entertain himself for days with just a golf pencil & scrap paper----Brilliant, driven people don't get bored, in my experience.
I just wish we had a 'Vass-Cam' to entertain us during this hair bit...

Talina
Okay, let me get this straight. During Pros CIC Baez objected and won the power point presentation not being presented. So, during the defense CIC is going on, he questions the same witness, asks questions that wind up allowing the prosecution to present the slide slow he earlier did not want in? Do I have that right?

~n/t~
I feel like a cheerleader when JA gets up there

He's once again taking over the witness during cross. Incredible. LOL

Storm
WTH! At the bottom of mt CNN feed it says, and I quote "lawyer: Casey Anthony's parents do NOT think she is innocent". Huh???????????

click on that statement.it takes you to the article ^i^

truthsleuth
Back from commercial...

JB wants "moment." Asks to "unpublish" evidence? Is that possible?

JB: What were you asked to do on this date sir?
SS: In this report I reported on hairs and fibers from hair mass ... three pieces of duct tape.
JB: What were your findings?
SS: There were no hairs suitable for me to make a microscopic comparison. They were microscopically dissimilar to the hair from the hair mass.
---
JA up.
SS: All hairs suitable for comparison were from the same person.
JA: Did you do studies of hairs decomposing in cars and car trunks, right?
SS: Yes.
JA: But none of the hairs Mr. Baez showed you today came from those locations, right?
SS: No they didn't.

Commercial!

TexasDoll
06-23-2011, 09:40 AM
We are unable to bring you the normal feed you see each day from the courthouse. We'll return to that version on Friday. For today, we'll be bringing you our live coverage from WESH-TV. You'll see black during commmercials. We're sorry for any inconvenience.
by Jeff Cousins/WESH.com at 8:39 AM

truthsleuth
I'm guessing Baez is about to be buried by JA's cross.

Rapunzel

Ineffective council???

KenoshaKid

If they made a mistake once, maybe the hair in question was a mistake.
There is more than one way the band can get there, so maybe THIS hair is one of those. Trying for reasonable doubt.

Mountain_Kat
600 hairs from living people examined in this study. Hair specimens from each individual were stored in various different locals/situations. Windowsill, dash of vehicle, etc. etc.

Sleuth5
Anyone catch the witness glancing in Baez' direction, looked like, "Please forgive me for what I'm about to say".

I doubt that he has any vested interest in the DT's success.

cleo612
ME thinks JB should try closing some of the doors he keeps opening :banghead:

I apree.

He keeps "splitting hairs" (pun intended).

Kimster
06-23-2011, 09:41 AM
It's okay to chit chat about the trial here. It is not okay to violate TOS by using name calling or name variations. And please stay on topic. This isn't the sidebar. Discuss the trial. This is a tip from your administrator who wants to make sure no one ends up in the penalty box.

bobloblaw
from wesh tv

We are unable to bring you the normal feed you see each day from the courthouse. We'll return to that version on Friday. For today, we'll be bringing you our live coverage from WESH-TV. You'll see black during commmercials. We're sorry for any inconvenience.by Jeff Cousins/WESH.com at 6:39 AM

Sleuth5
I apree.

Well, it is a hair-raising subject.

pinkfly

“IF” (as we think) yesterday LDB gave JB the whole notebook of the important computer usage from June 16, it was because the SA is now having to help to keep this trial from an appeal

Shelby1
bobkealing (http://twitter.com/#%21/bobkealing) bob kealing

#baez (http://twitter.com/#%21/search?q=%23baez) Just had a wry grin on his face, looked at #CaseyAnthony (http://twitter.com/#%21/search?q=%23CaseyAnthony) and shook his head.

FaerieB
06-23-2011, 09:42 AM
KBelichWFTV Kathi Belich, WFTV
Jury is very engaged.. Looking at the comparison of hairs from living placed on windowsill, dashboard, and trunk

Miss Anarchy
Why do all the defense witness examine pictures of the evidence or conduct a study with items similar to the evidence instead of examining the actual evidence? This has always bugged me time and time again.

mitzi
I have a strong feeling that Dr. Vass could entertain himself for days with just a golf pencil & scrap paper----Brilliant, driven people don't get bored, in my experience.
I just wish we had a 'Vass-Cam' to entertain us during this hair bit...

JB probably just helped Dr. Vass come up with a new invention! LOL!

Eidetic
Thank you Baez for calling this witness back.

Storm

The article is at:
http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/06/23/florida.casey.anthony.trial/index.html
^i^
They think she's guilty but do not want her to get the death penalty..

Mountain_Kat
06-23-2011, 09:43 AM
JA doing a good job of showing that, in this study, no decomp banding was found in the hairs of living people.

pipkins
#baez Just had a wry grin on his face, looked at #CaseyAnthony and shook his head.
by bobkealing via twitter at 2:40 PM

reeseeva
I figured it out. JB is really an undercover agent for the State.

So funny, Teh, people on WFTV blog are saying the same.....:floorlaugh:

pinkfly
Baez is really worried about this post mortem root banded hair from the trunk.

right....bottom line is that he needs to muddy the water as much as he is able. I am hoping all the attention just drives home to the jury how significant it really is.

whiteangora
I doubt that he has any vested interest in the DT's success.

That wasn't my point.

monique
06-23-2011, 09:44 AM
Okay, let me get this straight. During Pros CIC Baez objected and won the power point presentation not being presented. So, during the defense CIC is going on, he questions the same witness, asks questions that wind up allowing the prosecution to present the slide slow he earlier did not want in? Do I have that right?

ODG! :doh:

Amity
Thursday June 23, 2011

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k137/Lady_Amity/bcb4e134.jpg

pip
Only 591 hairs to go!

Shelby1

#CaseyAnthony (http://twitter.com/#%21/search?q=%23CaseyAnthony) These hairs look like dried out worms or broken matchsticks. Big yawn from juror 11.

pipkins
06-23-2011, 09:45 AM
They look like bean sprouts.“@bobkealing: #CaseyAnthony These hairs look like dried out worms or broken matchsticks. Big yawn from juror 11.

by stevehelling via twitter at 2:44 PM

Sleuth5
Only 591 hairs to go!

:gasp:

Kimster
As a juror, I wouldn't care so much about the hair. Caylee was wrapped and the trunk cleaned out. I would be a lot more concerned about all the people who said the trunk smelled like a dead body! :(

Mountain_Kat
Hair stored outdoors in a shaded area...decomp found at root end, but it was not post-mortem banding. Banding must occur just above the root. In this case, the root itself appears to be decomposing. Subtle differences only a trained expert could recognize.

Tulessa
click on that statement.it takes you to the article ^i^

That's what I get for sleeping late. :thud:

FaerieB
MagpieFromHinky Pamela
This is like a bad Dr Suess. These are hairs left outside, these are hairs on waterslide, these are hairs I left in cars, These are hairs...

truthsleuth
SS: This hair was in direct sunlight for 202 days in a vehicle. This started in august and continued for 7 months.
JA: Was there decomposition on these hairs?
SS: No. None at all.
Other hair shown to SS. No decompositional changes after 7 months. This vehicle was in a direct-sunlight area for 7 months.

SS: Other hair shown, was in direct sunlight. Some change, slight darkening, lower half are additional hairs. Outdoors what happened a lot was root was missing from hair. That's what appears happened in this hair. Root is missing.
JA: Was some of that in 259 hairs? Roots missing?
SS: Yes.
SS: Other hair in wooded area for 14 days and there is some decomp at root area but no postmortem banding.

Dr.Fessel
Well, it is a hair-raising subject.Oh hair we go again.:innocent:

Steely Dan
#baez Just had a wry grin on his face, looked at #CaseyAnthony and shook his head.
by bobkealing via twitter at 2:40 PM

Why is he grinning? He's being destroyed!

jmfstl
I feel like we are watching two (2) dos SA CIC's So far I have seen no defense in this case.

pinkfly
06-23-2011, 09:46 AM
I'd be curious as to how he got a Law Degree! :loser:

haven’t heard much about the law school part but the story of how long it took him to get in the bar is quite telling

Sleuth5
As a juror, I wouldn't care so much about the hair. Caylee was wrapped and the trunk cleaned out. I would be a lot more concerned about all the people who said the trunk smelled like a dead body! :(

Yep, and on that point I think the jury is convinced.

scotslass
NOTE FOR DT : Jb please learn to leave well enough alone. Do not recall the states witnesses they testify so fluidly for JA, we hear what they are saying and it becomes interesting but it does not help your client whatsoever..

Studio_Medic
If they made a mistake once, maybe the hair in question was a mistake.
There is more than one way the band can get there, so maybe THIS hair is one of those. Trying for reasonable doubt.

But shouldn't that have been done in JB's original cross-examination?

Shelby1

Not usually/minimally“@NicoleAPries (http://twitter.com/NicoleAPries): @bobkealing (http://twitter.com/bobkealing) Does the jury ever smile back at Baez or react to any of the witnesses or prosecution?”

spartanmom
Not exactly sure where to ask this question, so pardon me if it should go someplace else. It appears that JB is somewhat "stalling" or not really going anywhere with his line of defense.....can HHJP talk to him about where he is actually going with it or basically tell him to get to the point....or.....can this trial just continue to go?????

I would assume that HHJP can say something to him as he is very concerned about not "wasting" the juries time and basically would rather cut to the chase.

Does anyone know????

Dragonlady
06-23-2011, 09:47 AM
:confused: I'm not law savvy, can someone here explain to me why JB is bringing this witness back to restate what we already know from the SA's case?
It has added no value whatsoever to the DT, so why?

Lovejac
Oh hair we go again.:innocent:

:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

artbuc
This is one of JB's biggest mistakes. Witness is getting more credible by the second as he goes thru his PP slides.

Mountain_Kat
JA is really doing a bang up job of making this stuff understandable to a lay person.

Thanks, JA! I now understand the difference between root decomp and hair banding. :)

QuietStorm
I apree.

I am nervous about this. Was there method to the madness of opening this door?

Turnadot
06-23-2011, 09:48 AM
Why is he grinning? He's being destroyed!
IMO, he grins because the media is watching and he doesn't want the headlines to read: JOSE BAEZ LOOKING SCARED SH--LESS!

Oakley
bobkealing bob kealing
Not usually/minimally“@NicoleAPries: @bobkealing Does the jury ever smile back at Baez or react to any of the witnesses or prosecution?”

pinkfly
Okay what I am getting from all this is that all these environmental factors some darkening can happen to hair but if you are a professional you can identify the ‘death band’ on a hair as something different and unique

Sleuth5
NOTE FOR DT : Jb please learn to leave well enough alone. Do not recall the states witnesses they testify so fluidly for JA, we hear what they are saying and it becomes interesting but it does not help your client whatsoever..

Aw, you know he isn't going to pay any attention to common sense!

Studio_Medic
:gasp:

No.....I think there are only 45 slides!!! breathe......:seeya:

KenoshaKid
This is one of JB's biggest mistakes. Witness is getting more credible by the second as he goes thru his PP slides.

I think his attempt to hammer home the point that one hair was mis-identified (and later caught) is backfiring in a big way.

truthsleuth
06-23-2011, 09:49 AM
JA: Takes a great deal of training to find the subtle changes in hairs and determine root banding, correct?

SS: Yes. ... looking for banding about soft tissue of roots.

Other hair shown.

SS: No post mortem banding.

More hair shown.

SS: Hair was kept out for 107 in grassy area. Not postmortem banding however.

Additional hair stored for 107 days in grassy area.

SS: Some decomp in this area, not really a band, but more "darkening."

FaerieB
KBelichWFTV Kathi Belich, WFTV
Ashton is turning another defense witness into a state witness.. The trunk hairs in study from living showed no change after 7 months
44 seconds ago

coloradoteacher
JB can attack this hair as much as he wants but this is just one piece in a huge lot of evidence that points to a dead child in the trunk. The SA was very smart to bring all evidence to this effect b/c the ultimate conclusion, that Caylee spent time after death in the trunk, is pretty much a foregone conclusion at this point.

TotallyObsessed
I am so very confused as to why JB vehemently argued to have this info not allowed during State's case, and actually brought it in himself in his own CIC???????

azscr4mbl3r
Cy Spurling seen in witness waiting area.. JB's next witness?
:great::great::loser::great::great:

Sleuth5
No.....I think there are only 45 slides!!! breathe......:seeya:

Whew!

logicalgirl
Cool - just spent an hour reconfirming the SA version of Death Banding - thank you Mr. Baez but aren't you supposed to be spending this time presenting a Defence on behalf of your client? Or are you just ticked off because you aren't getting paid anymore money for your time and you are ticked off at your client? Kind of like - well I'll show her who is boss?

grammieto5
Time to go bake something LOL I can't handle this right now

BigFatMommyDog
06-23-2011, 09:50 AM
I am so very confused as to why JB vehemently argued to have this info not allowed during State's case, and actually brought it in himself in his own CIC???????

I am still trying to figure out the DT strategy here

pipkins
comment from wftv blog

I like and respect Jose Baez. Somebody has to.

sophie01
Goos Morning Everyone, just got here, had to give the dog a bath this morning. Who's up and did I miss anything big ?

Kentjbkent
Casey obviously not as interested in science as she is in proofreading!

TotallyObsessed
Oh hair we go again.:innocent:

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Mountain_Kat
On to the hair sample submerged in water for 100 days. Hair has darkened in areas, but is not death banding.

FaerieB
stevehelling Steve Helling
Who will be tossed out of the #CaseyAnthony courtroom for sleeping during this testimony? I see several potential candidates in the gallery.

wundermommy76
06-23-2011, 09:51 AM
I love JA, but I seriously hope he does NOT go thru all the hair slides. I'm getting bored already.

Steely Dan
:confused: I'm not law savvy, can someone here explain to me why JB is bringing this witness back to restate what we already know from the SA's case?
It has added no value whatsoever to the DT, so why?

I think even the law savvy are wondering the same thing. JMO

Kentjbkent

Remind us who this is???

Shelby1

Not usually“@jenzoylperoxide (http://twitter.com/jenzoylperoxide): @bobkealing (http://twitter.com/bobkealing) Does the jury smile or react to Ashton and LDB?”

truthsleuth
Hair immersed in water for 17 days. Shows darkening but not banding.
Additional hair immersed in water for 100 days. Some darkening, stripes.
Hair immersed for 100 days, darkening above root. It's darkened but not postmortem banding.
Going through slide after slide ... not postmortem banding.

Serjen
Yes it is. But not when I want to hear the trial, KWIM?
WTFV NEVER interrupts the trial. During Sidebar, there is nothing going on, so they give commentary. But they always cease as soon as JP sits back in his chair.

KenoshaKid
Here a hair, there a hair, everywhere a hair hair. Witness explaining every hair and sounding more of an expert, hair by hair. This man knows his hairs.

FaerieB
AmandaOberWESH Amanda Ober
#CaseyAnthony Defense wants to raise doubt in jurors minds that post mortem root banding is a reliable evidence

Sleuth5
I am still trying to figure out the DT strategy here

I gave up. I have conceded that they are just too smart for me, for try as I might, I just can't seem to keep up with them.

JSR
06-23-2011, 09:52 AM
Wait are these the slides that HHJP wouldn't allow JA to show the jury in their CIC??? Sorry my mind is fuzzy this am ...

jamiect
My last word on juror 4 hype: Good note taker; Good American who agreed to follow letter of law. Nobody knows her thoughts. #caseyanthony
by jimlichtenstein via twitter at 9:51 AM

Rapunzel
What I'm learning is decomposition in hair is different than post mortem banding and the hair found in the trunk had post mortem banding....TY JB!!!!

KathrynL
My last word on juror 4 hype: Good note taker; Good American who agreed to follow letter of law. Nobody knows her thoughts. #caseyanthony
by jimlichtenstein via twitter at 7:51 AM

Sleuth5
Wait are these the slides that HHJP wouldn't allow JA to show the jury in their CIC??? Sorry my mind is fuzzy this am ...

Bingo.

whiteangora
Time to go bake something LOL I can't handle this right now

The jury is probably thinking the same thing. I just hope they absorb some of the points JA is trying to make. This topic just begs daydreaming.

fifteen89
Ineffective council???

Did anyone else catch Eiglarsh last night (I believe it was on Dr. Drew) saying there was a Texas case where the defense lawyer fell asleep and the conviction was NOT overturned.......they said he didn't fall asleep at critical points of the trial. I know I've heard of a case where the lawyer fell asleep during trial, not sure if it's the same case he referred to.

KenoshaKid
06-23-2011, 09:53 AM
Witness treats the hairs like Mr. Bill. :)

Turnadot
So basically, dark ≠ post-mortem banding.

Mare10
I'm sure JB has something up his sleeve to want this admitted after all that. But what is it? We shall see on cross. It will most likely fail.

SurfieTX
Not exactly sure where to ask this question, so pardon me if it should go someplace else. It appears that JB is somewhat "stalling" or not really going anywhere with his line of defense.....can HHJP talk to him about where he is actually going with it or basically tell him to get to the point....or.....can this trial just continue to go?????

I would assume that HHJP can say something to him as he is very concerned about not "wasting" the juries time and basically would rather cut to the chase.

Does anyone know????

When HHJP instructed the jury last week, he basically told them that based on what he knows (which I am assuming is what the defense planned on presenting) the last day would be on Saturday. However, the biggest way I see HHJP "urge" the defense/state to stick to the schedule/plan is by extending court hours, using lunches for arguments, having the defense/state get there early, etc. I do think the defense will rest on Saturday as he predicted. He's been a judge for a while now...I think he can hone in on what is happening and is going to happen.

ami
06-23-2011, 09:54 AM

Like ICA, I suspect JB cannot plan ahead. Either he "won" his objection to keep the power point out without ever thinking about the content of the images and the potential for his own defense story, or perhaps he wanted this presentation to beef out his own thin case, or perhaps hew as so lazy he truly didn't go over the information previously, and after he was forced to look at it he narrow mindedly only saw the parts he wanted to use for himself without thought for what doors it would open for the State. IMO.

jane the dood
Did anyone else catch Eiglarsh last night (I believe it was on Dr. Drew) saying there was a Texas case where the defense lawyer fell asleep and the conviciton was NOT overturned.......they said he didn't fall asleep at critical points of the trial. I know I've heard of a case where the lawyer fell asleep during trial, not sure if it's the same case he referred to.

I saw that, too....mind boggling!

jmfstl

yes they are however JB opened the door with his direct examination of the witness.

Rapunzel
Did anyone else catch Eiglarsh last night (I believe it was on Dr. Drew) saying there was a Texas case where the defense lawyer fell asleep and the conviciton was NOT overturned.......they said he didn't fall asleep at critical points of the trial. I know I've heard of a case where the lawyer fell asleep during trial, not sure if it's the same case he referred to.

Yes, I did see that!!!!....guess JB has a ways to go yet....:floorlaugh:

~n/t~

JB is helping the State reinforce their direct with this witness by cross examining him as a defense witness.

JB should know better by now. Jeff Ashton knows this stuff. This ain't his first rodeo. :rocker:

Mountain_Kat
06-23-2011, 09:55 AM
Hair stored in water for 17 days (the hair JB pointed out), did not display post mortem banding. The area darkened was too long. PM Banding is much shorter.

Sleuth5
I'm sure JB has something up his sleeve to want this admitted after all that. But what is it? We shall see on cross. It will most likely fail.

The only thing up JB's sleeve is his arm.

logicalgirl

OR .....he has been thwarted once again...:great:

KenoshaKid
So basically, dark ≠ post-mortem banding.

Yes, that is the Executive Summary. :crazy:

ahoyhoy

Perhaps he's another 'hair' expert? Do toupees get post-mortem banding? JB probably wants to waste all our time finding out...

Or is there another Cy Spurling?

truthsleuth
Explaining why what is seen in a slide is NOT postmortem banding.

JA: look at this under a microscope, you will appreciate where the root begins and ends, correct?
SS: Yes, seen better with a microscope.
JA: Is this another hair Mr. Baez asked about?
SS: Yes. This one is too far down into the soft tissue of the hair to be post-mortem banding.

Foiled again Mr. Baez!

Turnadot
06-23-2011, 09:56 AM
He might, but I doubt it. IMO, Baez simply doesn't think far enough ahead. In pre-trial hearings, HHJP had to warn him a few times about 'opening doors'.

darnudes
wftv has these extremely annoying "sims" ads which pop up in the middle of witness testimony, it started yesterday and is so annoying, am just about to give them the flick.

mitzi
AmandaOberWESH Amanda Ober
#CaseyAnthony Defense wants to raise doubt in jurors minds that post mortem root banding is a reliable evidence

Well, that was an epic fail! :floorlaugh:

noZme
Potting soil has been heated for sterilzation & is not the same as the dirt where the remains were found. Duh!

Mendara
This is not good for the defense. Mo

Sleuth5
OR .....he has been thwarted once again...:great:

I presume you are baking Thwartcakes as we speak...

Linda7NJ
by jimlichtenstein via twitter at 7:51 AM

So true.

Just wanted to add that in my experience, those that claim they don't like to judge others.....are some of the most judgemental people I know!

Speaking as a woman you KNOW as soon as a sentance starts with, "I'm not one to gossip" it's gonna end with some darn juicy GOSSIP!!! :floorlaugh:

Shelby1
InSession (http://twitter.com/#%21/InSession) In Session

None of the jurors are taking notes during this part of Shaw’s testimony. #CaseyAnthony (http://twitter.com/#%21/search?q=%23CaseyAnthony)

Mountain_Kat
Listening to this testimony about living hair becoming dead and hardened with age make me want to go get my hair trimmed.

Cubby
06-23-2011, 09:57 AM
Wouldn't all this testimony about hair being in water contradict the DT's defense that Kronk moved the body? Wouldn't it prove moreso that Caylee was under water at the location site? I'm really lost on why JB is bringing this up.

illek46
Like ICA, I suspect JB cannot plan ahead. Either he "won" his objection to keep the power point out without ever thinking about the content of the images and the potential for his own defense story, or perhaps he wanted this presentation to beef out his own thin case, or perhaps hew as so lazy he truly didn't go over the information previously, and after he was forced to look at it he narrow mindedly only saw the parts he wanted to use for himself without thought for what doors it would open for the State. IMO.

I vote "all of the above". Good analysis.

ljs713
Every witness JB has put on has only stregthened the prosecutions case. Can't he see what he is doing. They would of been better off just not presenting any witnesses and just giving a closing statement. Because to me his ship his sinking and going down fast.

TiaM
But shouldn't that have been done in JB's original cross-examination?

Yes it could have, but Baez was too busy pouting over not having color photos, and then gloating when HHJP did not allow the State to show the Powerpoint, to remember (or know how) to ask those questions then. :loser:

scotslass
All this time i thought JB was playing dirty perhaps he felt bad at getting caught and thought it would be nice to give JA a chance to show the evidence that JB managed to keep out of the states CIC..

WTF is JB doing??? this now once again sounds like the sates CIC not cross of a DT witness...:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

pinkfly
06-23-2011, 09:58 AM
Is the hair banding one of the things that is in a FL court for the first time? or was it just the decomp air that was a first? Either way I think that JA has brought both of them into the light of day and they certainly look usable to me. JA brought DNA to FL courts many years ago too. We are watching some special history happening.

FaerieB
stevehelling Steve Helling
Thrown out: a 40ish woman who was allegedly sleeping. She is pleading her case to the cop. But I saw her. She was totally asleep.

Someone help me out, here. Don't they get their tickets the afternoon/evening before now? Why are people still falling asleep?

Shelby1
Listening to this testimony about living hair becoming dead and hardened with age make me want to go get my hair trimmed.
I was just looking to see if I had any deep conditioner in the bathroom. :floorlaugh:

fifteen89
Here a hair, there a hair, everywhere a hair hair. Witness explaining every hair and sounding more of an expert, hair by hair. This man knows his hairs.

LOL. I expected him to be bald after reading this post!!

Mountain_Kat
Okay JA, we get it. Wrap it up, please.

Nana46
IMO, I think it would be better to just hit the important high points and sit down and then let JB flounder and talk, yadayada...so the jury won't be lost here...just seems if they could do it layman's terms it would keep their attention.

~n/t~
http://rr-bb.com/images/smilies/hairout.gif

Turnadot
Very well said.

mollymil23
wftv has these extremely annoying "sims" ads which pop up in the middle of witness testimony, it started yesterday and is so annoying, am just about to give them the flick.

I watch the live vid on wftv on firefox with the adblock plus plugin and I haven't gotten a single commercial the entire trial. Not only no commercials but no blackouts where the commercials would have been. Testimony right on through.

illek46
06-23-2011, 09:59 AM
Every witness JB has put on has only stregthened the prosecutions case. Can't he see what he is doing. They would of been better off just not presenting any witnesses and just giving a closing statement. Because to me his ship his sinking and going down fast.

IMHO, that is exactly what CM wanted to do (Rest the Defence). However,JB wanted the court time to enhance his resume so here we are.

ynotdivein
Can't grab screen shots today but I have seen ICA shoot flaming eye daggers at JA at least twice now. First time was when he was talking about the hair that was in the trunk of a car.

Flaming. Eye. Daggers.

Lovejac
Perhaps he's another 'hair' expert? Do toupees get post-mortem banding? JB probably wants to waste all our time finding out...

Hahahahahaha! I honestly believed that tweet.

I actually just googled Cy Spurling.

Hahahahahahahaha!

Sleuth5

Ah, but you're thinking like a mere mortal, not like the greatest DT in the history of western jurisprudence.

TexasDoll
I being told a woman upstairs was kicked out for sleeping. People Dow stairs look pretty tired... But still awake. #CaseyAnthony -jfell
by cfnews13casey via twitter at 8:59 AM

Mountain_Kat
06-23-2011, 10:00 AM
I was just looking to see if I had any deep conditioner in the bathroom. :floorlaugh:

Are you not listening to this witness! The dead hair is hardened by kerotin! Liquid can not penerate it! Go cut your hair!!! :maddening:

Florida Native
IMHO, that is exactly what CM wanted to do (Rest the Defence). However,JB wanted the court time to enhance his resume so here we are.

I believe that too.

Mendara
Wouldn't all this testimony about hair being in water contradict the DT's defense that Kronk moved the body? Wouldn't it prove moreso that Caylee was under water at the location site? I'm really lost on why JB is bringing this up.

I think he is trying to say the science is shaky as a wet hair can be confused as a death hair.

truthsleuth
Going through dozens of individual hairs. Some are from cadavers ...

Boring. Sparing you all the transcription and sparing me the typing. :)

Camille
He might, but I doubt it. IMO, Baez simply doesn't think far enough ahead. In pre-trial hearings, HHJP had to warn him a few times about 'opening doors'.

JB would not a good chess player make. :floorlaugh:

Serjen
When HHJP instructed the jury last week, he basically told them that based on what he knows (which I am assuming is what the defense planned on presenting) the last day would be on Saturday. However, the biggest way I see HHJP "urge" the defense/state to stick to the schedule/plan is by extending court hours, using lunches for arguments, having the defense/state get there early, etc. I do think the defense will rest on Saturday as he predicted. He's been a judge for a while now...I think he can hone in on what is happening and is going to happen.

Yesterday JB said that they would tell the court this Friday when they expect to wrap it up. Then State is going to do rebuttal, and JP said they need to know when Defense will wrap up so they can prepare for that. So far all of Defense testimony has been forensics, they still have lots of witnesses to bring in, judging from their defense list. State saved some of their witnesses for Rebuttal, so who knows how long this will take. I believe early this week JP said this would go another 2 weeks, from how things were going. I think we have at least another week, at minimum, before Jury gets to deliberate.

Rapunzel
Okay JA, we get it. Wrap it up, please.

JB brought it in now JA has to go through the whole PP ....gezzzzzz

wenwe4
06-23-2011, 10:01 AM
Stephen Shaw - w/Jb - study over 600 hairs from 15 individuals....a thesis he had come across...taken hairs and submerged in water or soil....suggested further study...he did this placed hairs in various locations....someone trying to get Masters degree and submitted thesis...came up with new findings and wanted to expand upon that? object- sustain compound....purpose of your study to expand on prior study? yes it was......FBI (can't hear).....JB grabs large demonstrative board - with 6 pictures of hairs under microscope....publish to jury.....Human Hair roots top 2 pictures ....bottom 4 pics labeled ....hair stored in water for 17 days collected from live individual....one of the hairs initially identified by one of examiners in their initial analysis - mistakenly id'd it for post mortem root band....object-sustain....

characteristics similar to post mortem root banding- other examiner didn't identify it in their initial ....both of these examiners aware this was a study? object-open ended question...what information did they have about what they were doing...knew it was a test and he had been conducting study on hairs....didn't know .....examined over 200 hairs....examiner 1 and 2 each identified antemortem hairs as having characteristic of post-mortem banding (not the same hair) and when confirming with each other - both those hairs ruled out....they knew it was a test...

show defense exhibit 1 - another antemortem hair submerged in water for 17 days....this is the hair examiner 2 identified as post mortem root banding....observe in photo darkening area here- one of the examiners made mistake initiallly....they would be..photo somewhat represents post mortem...I believe they are completely different....in their initial analysis they thought it might but ruled it out in final review...another hair from living individual stored in potting soil for 100 days....apparent decomp look? yes there are some striations - he labels ....JB shows pic #43 - hair from living individual buried in potting soil approx 100 days...apparent decomp....he shows darkened area above root....now show defense #40 - another hair from living individual submerged in water for 17 days....some apparant decomp in this hair....shows on screen....what about the roots? is that normal the darkening? it can be dark from living individuals...normal could be....

any other ongoing studies @ FBI on this type environmental for hair? on living individuals? no there is not....aware of 3 studies of hair studies like this...ongoing study for scientists for hair...yes conducting further research a way to build more info on post-mortem banding....

direct you to report 1/27/09 - refers to it...what were you asked to do on this date? in this report hairs and fibers recovered from hair mass...debris from skull....3 pieces of duct tape...findings? object-

Q-59 hair mass...271 is hair mass....can you tell us what results were in exams? there were no hairs suitable for meaningful microscopic from duct tape....there were hairs found on ducttape and they were consistent with those found on hair mass...

preserved on slides

all of the hairs suitable for comparison from tape same as hair mass

studies from hairs in car trunks? correct...JB didn't show any of the hairs from a trunk...move to place into evidence SA#

use power point to explain to jury - publish.....start w/pic#1

600 hairs from 15 living individuals used in this study...representation of some of those hairs...photos taken before and after...hairs stored indoors on window cell 233 days - apparent discoloration but no apparant decomp....before picture - upper left and right quadrants are one individual...lower half of this page hair from different individual left side before hair and after is on right hand side....both these hairs from 2 different people...must take into account hair color to Identify post mortem band? No
additional hair stored on a dash of a vehicle for 202 days - in direct sunlight - not used during that period - vehicle sat unused started in August continued for 6.7 months...hairs exposed show any changes of decomp? no...none @ all...hairs stored in trunk of vehicle stored same time frame same number of days (202) no apparant decomp changes from vehicle parked in non-shaded area - direct sunlight in sunny days...no change....hairs stored outdoors in a grass area - could receive direct sunlight - upper half pic and in after there are some changes you can see....outdoors what happened a lot roots were missing from most of hairs...apparent insect activity in most of these hairs...root completely missing..did you find that in Q-59 hair mass? there were some roots missing yes...

hairs stored outdoors in wooded area for 14 days....there is some apparent decomp @ the root band but not post-mortem root band...for post mortem banding you have to have an opaque band above the root...takes great deal of training to understand subtle differences...and microscope and focusing up and down on the hair you can see where the hair begins to get it's shape...soft tissue of the root - as you move you can see ....looking for opaque band above the root....

next slide - another hair stored outdoors for 14 days...before shot and 3 after shots some decomp but no post mortem banding. additional hair stored outdoors in grass area for 107 days some apparent root decomp but no post mortem banding (again)
2 additional hairs stored in outdoor area....apparent decomp in root soft tissue area
hair stored submerged in water for 17 days...considerable change in root proximal end - there is darkening in the soft tissue but it is too far down to be post mortem banding...both examiners excluded this as post mortem banding.

hair submerged in water 100 days - you can see significant change in size of root and soft tissue -see striations...some darkening in outside edges...you can see darkened on outside but not an opaque band - no post mortem banding

again...
again...
again 17 days

hair in soil 17 days - darkened areas not post-mortem banding
again - lots decomp on soft tissue of root = no post mortem band
again - 100 days - soft tissue decomposes - darkened area @ root and dark striations no post mortem band

Go ahead to figure 2....JB's discussion about this hair....band is too long to be post mortem banding and ...as far where soft tissue starts and ends much better to use microscope for 3D.....stored in water

This is one 2nd examiner id'd as post mortem....can't really see where soft tissue ends but to really appreciate that you need a microscope - hair changes it is notfully keratonized...follicle protects soft tissue...above that area....soft tissue ...a hair grows it continues to harden...just above where you see that band is where hair completely hardened...where you see band hair has not completely hardened....don't see post mortem band down into root - as it is better protected by follicle

here is hair stored outside from deceased individual....

second - very distinct area where hair is banded.
post mortem banding removed from cadavar in a house....

apparent decomp in root? don't know could just be a dark area in the person's hair...even with a microscope could be an artifact of that persons hair or decomp

multiple hair pictures showing post-mortem banding - 5 cadavars used in this study....some hairs are from same cadavar -

Steely Dan
I have to admit I'm very curious about what JB will question this guy about after this is over. :waitasec:

Eidetic
Powerful presentation.

Dragonlady
I bet this is why CM wanted to rest after the states case rested, he knew it would sink ICA to mount a defense using the evidence available to them, to bad JB decided to plow ahead, but that's good because Caylee deserves justice.

Lexiintoronto

*aughh!* or on wftv when the duracell battery or febreeze commercials come on twice!

BigFatMommyDog
All this time i thought JB was playing dirty perhaps he felt bad at getting caught and thought it would be nice to give JA a chance to show the evidence that JB managed to keep out of the states CIC..

WTF is JB doing??? this now once again sounds like the sates CIC not cross of a DT witness...:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

I dunno - maybe it was "I get my gatorade bottle - you get the powerpoint..."

mitzi

Maybe I am kinda dumb, but who is Cy Spurling?

Mountain_Kat
I think he is trying to say the science is shaky as a wet hair can be confused as a death hair.

Right. But we now know, through cross, that this is not the case.

jmfstl
You can def see the differences in the post mortem hairs

logicalgirl
I presume you are baking Thwartcakes as we speak...

Exactly - in the kitchen as JA is finishing up!:floorlaugh:

Oakley
06-23-2011, 10:02 AM
MagpieFromHinky Pamela
This is a hair I found in pants, this is a hair that liked to dance, this is a hair that fell on floor, this is the hair that makes me snore

newsjunkie
Can't grab screen shots today but I have seen ICA shoot flaming eye daggers at JA at least twice now. First time was when he was talking about the hair that was in the trunk of a car.

Flaming. Eye. Daggers.

ITA. . .I missed that screen shot, but I captured some daggers for JB.

hpvdr

Can you imagine what the first attorney representing her in her first appeal attempt will think when going back through the trial. Baez has allowed the state to strengthen their case every day this week, just when we thought the defense would call a witness to strength CA's credibility.

Sleuth5
JB would not a good chess player make. :floorlaugh:

He'd like the horsies, though.

nursebeeme
Powerful presentation.

I completely agree. ((thank you Jose!)):rocker:

Sleuth5
MagpieFromHinky Pamela
This is a hair I found in pants, this is a hair that liked to dance, this is a hair that fell on floor, this is the hair that makes me snore

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Wishbone
HLN is saying CA is expected to testify today. They say this information was from a "source". I guess we'll see.