PDA

View Full Version : 2011.06.23 TRIAL Day Twenty-six (Morning Session)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

MelissaLee
06-23-2011, 11:13 AM
Well, let's see....she was missing 31 days before being reported, Tony saw Caylee, what? a couple of weeks before that....I think a bathing suit in Florida, in a trunk, in the hot sun, would be more like PETRIFIED than DRIED.

It would. I've had sopping wet bathing suits, towels, swim trunks, t-shirts (etc) turned into crispy pieces of material after a week in the trunk. COMPLETELY dry.

moo

TiaM
06-23-2011, 11:13 AM
My head REALLY hurts from all this droning nonsense! I might leave for a bit.

quoted wrong post....never mind....my bad

cloud9
06-23-2011, 11:14 AM
DCS attacking Dr. Vass' lab and methods.

I knew this was coming!!! :banghead::banghead::banghead:

bonjoviblonde
They have spent more time trying to discredit Dr. Vass than anything else. All they are doing is reinforcing his testimony and making sure the jury hasn't forgotten Dr. Vass.

Is this the witness on depo who basically didn't know anything and got all of his information by reading articles? I remember the prosecution destroying that guy and I'm thinking this is him.

Peliman
I think he's limited for forensic toxicology because he doesn't have the "Good housekeeping seal of Approval"

Just K
Oh, I see the pad is for bolstering the witness' expertise...ridiculous.

azscr4mbl3r
Fun Fact: Gas Chromatography invented in 1901!

Tulessa
06-23-2011, 11:15 AM
DS is taller than JB. :waitasec:

Z-sleuth
I think he's limited for forensic toxicology because he doesn't have the "Good housekeeping seal of Approval"

So, for our purposes, he is NOT a chemist. :D

NavySubMom
DS * VERY * animated at the sidebar!

PGWodehouse
May I ask: do other trials usually have this many 'expert' witnesses?

Are other trials usually this dry and boring? I'm new at watching trials.

It's been said, with good reason, that the best attys are the ones who can stay awake during trial. Mostly some short bursts of excitement filled out with long periods of desert-like boredom.

yeknomaras
No, you're still wrong, LOL. The squirrels were eating meat with a bag over their heads in the trunk. The coyote (who is also Kronk) was the one who nefariously buried the bone at the dump site.

oh my god. are you telling me Kronk is an animagus?!! no way!

Chili Fries
I missed what happened. Is this sidebar regarding him testifying about lab accreditation?

TiaM
Caylee also swam in Tony's pool...

Although there were never any swimsuits or towels found in ICA's trunk so that doesn't matter one iota.

whiteangora
I remember this same issue back in the Frye hearings. JA said he was not experienced enough to testify in this case.........witness got annoyed at that......he has had time to think about how to answer now, imo.

I remember that too, he's got a bit of a short fuse. (witness)

ZsaZsa
This is soporific...:sigh:

Sleuth5
DS needs to speak up and be a little more forceful... She will put the jurors to sleep.

She's sharp. It's part of a deliberate style -- lull everyone (including the SAO) into a little bit of drowsiness, then jar everyone with a sudden, sharply worded point. She can be very effective if she has the material.

Mountain_Kat
ok - then who tied the leashes on the flies?

Microchips! :banghead:

dog.gone.cute
ODL! I wonder if the jury feels the DT is wasting their time.

:waitasec: Yep ... wasting the Jury, Judge Perry, the SA, and everyone's time !

The DT really needs to "get this show on the road" !

a WASTE ... HUGE WASTE !

nort
06-23-2011, 11:16 AM
Jessee looks like he works out and she did go over for that mystery shower while tony was out of town hummmm..

shelbar53
First question that DS is about to ask.. bam objection and then sidebar. We didn't even get to his testimony yet.

FaerieB
DiDimond Diane Dimond
#Caseyanthony"Lippman stressed his clients "support her and don't want her to get the death penalty." Look 4 parents to plead 4 CA's life

Shelby1
bobkealing (http://twitter.com/#%21/bobkealing) bob kealing

#CaseyAnthony (http://twitter.com/#%21/search?q=%23CaseyAnthony) Juror 1 grandmother nurse takes swig of water. 16 rubs his hands/chilly. Zen juror 2 male IT worker now wearing blue jacket.

coloradoteacher
For the trunk- they have the decomp hair, the 7 witness testimony that it smelled like a dead body, the have the DT witness from UCF that said the chemicals were consistent with decomp the adipocere on the paper towels, the entomology evidence... all without Dr. Vass. This is of course assuming that the DT, namely DS, can discredit Dr. Vass with this witness, who seems to have a shady past and only can testify as an expert in toxicology.

Novice Seeker
Maybe there's a connection between testosterone and GA's medical records, which the DT has in its possession.

IMO, the syringe and its content along with the spit bottles most likely would trace back to men ICA was interacting with such as Tony, RM, the cop guy and any of the others

shelbar53
Fun Fact: Gas Chromatography invented in 1901!

By who? Dr. Spitz?

Dragonlady
06-23-2011, 11:17 AM
I so want to read the transcripts of this sidebar, look at JA's gestures and mouth going a mile a minute.

Quiche
I'm waiting for a little of this >>> :python:

chasing.halos
http://i.i.com.com/cnwk.1d/i/tim//2010/05/11/Caylee_%2844%29.jpg

whiteangora
DS needs to speak up and be a little more forceful... She will put the jurors to sleep.
She has a perfect bedtime story voice, doesn't she?

ami
EEk, what's wrong with LDB?

Mountain_Kat
CNN just showing LDB sitting with heads in hands, blinking as she thinks.

WTH is going on? Did I miss something?

DIXIECAT
06-23-2011, 11:18 AM
If serving on a board does not an expert make, then I sure hope Dr. Logan stayed at a Holiday Inn last night... just sayin.'

Shelby1

#CaseyAnthony (http://twitter.com/#%21/search?q=%23CaseyAnthony) Blond female juror fifteen and faux hawk male juror sixteen share a smile.

joypath
:twocents: IF DCS makes a contrast and compare "chart" of forensic vs research labs..............I'm walking in I-95 barefoot....:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

JSR
Looks like DS is loosing that "soft" voice at the sidebar. And LDB's facial expression as she reads the realtime is priceless!

cloud9
About 40 minutes until lunch. Another wasted day!

pinkfly
BSchaeffer is talking about whether jury can ask to see car? He says even if they asl DT will object. He thinks court would probably not let it happen

LancelotLink
If he does maybe that will open the door to past shortcomings in labs he was in charge of.

And hopefully whoop open another can, IYKWIM.

NavySubMom
LDB looks very tired, probably exhausted, as would be all of these attys........, well MOST of them, not sure about CM and JB ....

fifteen89
I thought that may be the case, but sometimes she quickly looks away, like she had uncomfortable eye contact with someone, even when the DT are at the podium.

Looks to me like she looks at the podium when they ask a question and then looks to the witness when they answer. The Defense team can make my eyes wish I'd never seen them too. ;)

Mountain_Kat
Is anyone testifying? I have no audio. Just LDB and audience shots?

Help!

ETA: LOL...nevermind, sidebar. I think I nodded off. :floorlaugh:

Sleuth5
06-23-2011, 11:19 AM
For the trunk- they have the decomp hair, the 7 witness testimony that it smelled like a dead body, the have the DT witness from UCF that said the chemicals were consistent with decomp the adipocere on the paper towels, the entomology evidence... all without Dr. Vass. This is of course assuming that the DT, namely DS, can discredit Dr. Vass with this witness, who seems to have a shady past and only can testify as an expert in toxicology.

I think the jury has made a decision on that issue. I don't believe anything the DT can do is going to dissuade them from believing a dead body was in ICA's car. I also think they realize that the entire defense, from the OS on, is designed to remove any attachment between the event and ICA, and I don't think they buy that either. It doesn't make sense.

And as Judge Judy always says, "If it doesn't make sense, it isn't true." (I'll grant you that the mind-bending DT may challenge that theory yet).

:cow:

Amster
Someone in that courtroom HAS to have observed what the heck CA is doing. Is she reading constantly or writing?? Texting?? WHAT is she doing?? She seems to never look up.

decemberbee45
WESH reporting that Anthony's lawyer "retracting his statement" regarding their belief that their daughter is not innocent. Ooops!

ETA: NOT retracting...clarifying that they do not want the DP for ICA. SORRY!!

darnudes
Magiepie at Hinky says she actually isn't looking at the witness nor the podium nor the jury. She says the camera angles are strange. ICA usually stares straight into the courtroom - not looking at anything in particular.

I could have sworn she was looking at the witness though. And she seems to shoot glances at the podium from what I see.

I think Magpie is wrong on this - ICA's head moves like a ping pong ball going back and forth watching podium then witness, it's obvious when you watch caseycam.

newsjunkie

I think she is reading along with what is going on at the sidebar. . .probably not enjoying what she is reading.

NavySubMom
CNN just showing LDB sitting with heads in hands, blinking as she thinks.

WTH is going on? Did I miss something?

Right before that they showed her blinking and staring at her computer, I just think she appears very exhausted.....

Shelby1

Help!
sidebar

BigFatMommyDog
06-23-2011, 11:20 AM
sorry - got bumped - was DCS trying to get Logan to testify to lab protocols after he was only certified as a toxicologist?

Soulmagent

I saw that too. I wish I had got a screen shot. She looks mad.

nursebeeme

Help!

ETA: LOL...nevermind, sidebar. I think I nodded off. :floorlaugh:

yeah and that was a loooong sidebar!

Shelby1
WESH reporting that Anthony's lawyer "retracting his statement" regarding their belief that their daughter is not innocent. Ooops!

*faint*

butwhatif?
1) "Psssst....Is this dude on our side or or what"?
2) "See that podium? Can I have a go up there? No dancing, I pinky promise".

wundermommy76
06-23-2011, 11:21 AM
Why does it look like Casey has been staring at either her parents OR the prosecution table during that entire sidebar (while whispering back & forth w/that female lawyer sitting next to her)?? I wonder what they were looking at/talking about???

yeknomaras

#CaseyAnthony (http://twitter.com/#%21/search?q=%23CaseyAnthony) Blond female juror fifteen and faux hawk male juror sixteen share a smile.

love connection in the jury room! woo woo!

Mamabear1963
:twocents: IF DCS makes a contrast and compare "chart" of forensic vs research labs..............I'm walking in I-95 barefoot....:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Meet you there....

You know I could never make it though this with out you guys...

Lions and tigers and bears oh my....

I mean...squirrels and pizza and Gatorade bottles....I do believe in spooks....

Aedrys
ok - then who tied the leashes on the flies?

I don't know, but Baez seems to think Dr. Vass did as a hobby. LOL. He at least asked him that question, but I don't think Vass said he did. God, you just can't make this stuff up! You just can't!

believe09

I dont know that this is accurate, unless something changed from what was released this morning.

bunchy
They have spent more time trying to discredit Dr. Vass than anything else. All they are doing is reinforcing his testimony and making sure the jury hasn't forgotten Dr. Vass.

Is this the witness on depo who basically didn't know anything and got all of his information by reading articles? I remember the prosecution destroying that guy and I'm thinking this is him.

I'm pretty sure thats Kenneth Furton.

ami
06-23-2011, 11:22 AM
Someone in that courtroom HAS to have observed what the heck CA is doing. Is she reading constantly or writing?? Texting?? WHAT is she doing?? She seems to never look up.

Cindy apparently takes a lot of notes, in a notebook she has. I don't know what else she does. I don't think they can text in there.

monique
Looks like an awfully passionate sidebar. Oh to be a fly on the wall.

Mountain_Kat
After all this, the DT had BETTER get something useful out of this witness, or I'm going to call this day a wash and go do laundry.

coloradoteacher

what is she doing????

cloud9
wesh reporting that anthony's lawyer "retracting his statement" regarding their belief that their daughter is not innocent. Ooops!

what????

LyndyLoo
Im wondering if this expert in forensic toxicology understands that it is only because of research labs that these forensic labs even have protocols and guidlines to follow to set up their accreditation testings..Its those research labs that ferret out all the issues related to coming up with accurate and uncompromised results??..

Since this man apparantly sits on some board to funds research..He must understand that??? NO??

laniefi
06-23-2011, 11:23 AM
LDB looks more annoyed/disgusted to me...

Beccaboo
They spend so much time in sidebars. That has to have an effect of the jury. My satilite is going in and out due to storms. I just keep getting bits and pieces. :banghead:

Stella5

It was not a retractment, more of a clarification. When you read it in it's entirety his statement remains with additional details of the A's not wanting the ultimate penalty for ICA (death), but wanting Justice for Caylee. They know she's not innocent (aka guilty) and they also said they do not go along with anything the defense has spouted so far.

Mountain_Kat
I no longer even know what Barry Logan is testifying to.

Anyone want to help me out here?

joint-heir
Ms Simms has forgotten to set her tone to breathless this morning. Proves her normal voice is as she is using now!!

laserdisc10
06-23-2011, 11:24 AM
This witness sounds exhausted now

monique
what????

Not technically. He says he was take out of context.

He's gone back to the original statement that GA and CA want both sides to do their jobs and for justice to be done for Caylee....BUT they do not want the DP.

pinkfly
JA is working hard to keep this witness constrained

JSR
So DS DOES know what foundation is? right???

rbrnmw2
love his accent

Solomisskitty
Any bets on how many total witnesses will be heard today? I'll go with 2 1/2.

Novice Seeker
Cindy apparently takes a lot of notes, in a notebook she has. I don't know what else she does. I don't think they can text in there.

I've been suspicious of what she has been writing. MOO, wonder if she is keeping a form of diary that would be published?

logicalgirl
After all this, the DT had BETTER get something useful out of this witness, or I'm going to call this day a wash and go do laundry.

Me too - I have actual work work piling up on my desk getting dusty while I listen to this "verbiage".....

butwhatif?
I saw that too. I wish I had got a screen shot. She looks mad.

Yeah, she's not looking too happy.

Linda7NJ
They spend so much time in sidebars. That has to have an effect of the jury. My satilite is going in and out due to storms. I just keep getting bits and pieces. :banghead:

consider your satellite issues a blessing

I wish I had narcolepsy

larryphx
Rick Plesea, Cindy's brother's emials to and from her and his police interviews tell EVERYTHING. He knew from the beginning.

ami
what is she doing????
Camera on wesh showed her for a long time, looking at ??laptop screen?? and looking concerned, angry or upset in some way. Brow furrowed. Disturbing departure from her normal calm demeanor.

wenwe4
06-23-2011, 11:25 AM
Requirements for Am Soc of....object-sustain

difference between forensic lab and research...forensic labs do research but research labs discover new things for applications in medicine,technology, space travel - variety different fields - properties of compounds or chemicals...research labs conducted proficiency testing? object- sustain foundation....do you have any evidence thatOakridge is a forensic lab - no evidence it has been...Oakridge has quality control standards in place-object-sustain

what is a validation test in lab? when lab develops a test - apply to forensic appliction must be characteristics - false positive and false negative - designed for what it tests for- objection overrule

what kinds of material to apply test - different types of material cause interference....

validation testing in this case - object basis knowledge -sustain est. foundation

specifically identify them for me ...reports dates and authors etc...I can if I refer to my records =- you may

TiaM
DiDimond Diane Dimond
#Caseyanthony"Lippman stressed his clients "support her and don't want her to get the death penalty." Look 4 parents to plead 4 CA's life

I notice he said they "don't want her to get the death penalty".

NOT - "they don't want her to be convicted"

Says it all.

NavySubMom

No idea here either.....are they still trying to establish what he is trying to talk about? or that he is "expert" enough to testify to whatever it will be?

grandmaj
What happened to the flip chart? Sidebar Thwarted?

FaerieB
I dont know that this is accurate, unless something changed from what was released this morning.

I agree. I think he's clarified what he said. See my quote above from DiDimond on Twitter.

They are still acknowledging that she's "not innocent" but they do NOT want her to receive the death penalty. (A position I, for once, understand totally.)

~PrinceSSa~
What is the RELEVANCE of this if not a WASTE OF TIME??? UGHH

Chili Fries
06-23-2011, 11:26 AM
I doubt he'll have records of test validations but we'll see.

pinkfly
In a perfect world the defense team is there to make sure their client gets a fair and honest trial and that a correct finding is made in the end. Somewhere over the rainbow.....

fifteen89
She has a perfect bedtime story voice, doesn't she?

She's putting me to sleep.

coloradoteacher
IS did a whole thing on the CA & GA statement- Lippman just clarified his statement- he did not retract it. They do not believe ANY of the DT OS. which, in IS's TH opinion, means the drowning story as well. They do not believe she was uninvolved. They do not want the DP though.

nursebeeme
MK,
I think they will try to say that ORNL's equipment wasn't "checked".. and trash (or try to) their methodology.

my prediction= epic fail

all he did was read their notes...

joypath
:twocents::twocents::twocents::twocents: PLEASE JA: emphasize that accreditation is VOLUNTARY!

(yeah, wicked impressive, used as a "marketing tool", very misunderstood by insurance companies and YEP, I've had experiences with/in and for accreditation of laboratories, complete with "writer's cramp" from completing the self-evaluations and the on-site reports)

cloud9

Not a clue here. :floorlaugh:

darnudes
Looks like DS is loosing that "soft" voice at the sidebar. And LDB's facial expression as she reads the realtime is priceless!

Where are you watching?

laserdisc10
Witness sounds exhausted and as if his patience with all this is becoming very strained

ljwf22
What is the DT's obsession with the big tablet? :pcguru: Soooo old tech. Think they want the jury to think they can't afford anything better?

Mountain_Kat
No idea here either.....are they still trying to establish what he is trying to talk about? or that he is "expert" enough to testify to whatever it will be?

Something about the reports/notes of Dr. Vass and Dr. Wise? :waitasec:

azscr4mbl3r
By who? Dr. Spitz?

Common mistake... You are thinking about chattering teeth most likely or possibly the gas bag AKA whooppee cushion... I am still doing research on those...awaiting grant money. STILL!

Just K
45 minutes later and this witness has not testified to anything about the specifics of this case.

coloradoteacher
06-23-2011, 11:27 AM
WFTV is WAY behind in their live coverage compared to IS or it could be the other way around. I am very kerfuffled right now about what is actually happening in court...

Chili Fries
What is the RELEVANCE of this if not a WASTE OF TIME??? UGHH

It's important for any attorney to determine the extent of validation any new method, or significant method change has undergone.

logicalgirl
Pretty sure, based on ICA's attitude this morning - that JB made a point of telling ICA the news that her parents don't think she is innocent.
She is not going into "zoned out"like she usually does and yes, it appears to me she keeps trying to look out into the gallery. But since the camera can barely see CA and GA in their seats, I doubt ICA can in her "little low chair".

shelbar53

Hmmmm not really, but I think it has something to do with the ICA case but don't quote me.

pinkfly
Rick Plesea, Cindy's brother's emials to and from her and his police interviews tell EVERYTHING. He knew from the beginning.

right....was he ever included on the witness list? That would be good.

grandmaj
Gosh I thought Baez was all over the place with his direct but DS is just as bad IMO.

moodyblue
state destroyed this witness during the frye hearings

Aedrys
oh my god. are you telling me Kronk is an animagus?!! no way!

:floorlaugh: Well, it's my theory that the defense is going to claim that Kronk is a werecoyote to blame him for the bone being buried and how he knew where Caylee was. :floorlaugh:

Shyla
06-23-2011, 11:28 AM
45 minutes later and this witness has not testified to anything about the specifics of this case.

Unreal isn't it!!! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

morayne
So DS DOES know what foundation is? right???

Well....my mom used to call foundation "cover-up" :dunno:

MessySanders
Camera on wesh showed her for a long time, looking at ??laptop screen?? and looking concerned, angry or upset in some way. Brow furrowed. Disturbing departure from her normal calm demeanor.

She might be using this time to draft a press statement to undo what her lawyer said last night.

wenwe4
Provided with lab notes - regarding testing and evaluating in this case..,..forensic from OcSo dated 4/28/09 summarizes final report of Oakridge authored by Drs Vass, Wise & martin...reviewed depo testimony and notes....bench notes....commentary on some of the things happened while analysis being performed - when test didn't work - or an unexpected result ...sometime very broad summary of results of test was....identified samples of test duiring course of analysis..

result of review reached a conclusion regards to procedures and metholdogy by Vass and Wise - object - sustained

evidence of validation studies that were performed - object- approach

Mountain_Kat
Okay, I see. Witness reviewed proceedures of Dr. Vass and Dr. Wise...so what? He's a toxicologist. Outside area of expertise. Clearly.

pinkfly
By the time JA gets to actually cross this guy they will already be pretty cross.

whiteangora
It was not a retractment, more of a clarification. When you read it in it's entirety his statement remains with additional details of the A's not wanting the ultimate penalty for ICA (death), but wanting Justice for Caylee. They know she's not innocent (aka guilty) and they also said they do not go along with anything the defense has spouted so far.
The newest statement says there is no comment on her guilt or innocence.

decemberbee45
Not technically. He says he was take out of context.

He's gone back to the original statement that GA and CA want both sides to do their jobs and for justice to be done for Caylee....BUT they do not want the DP.

Sorry...I took the words out of the reporters mouth as truth. I should've KNOWN that there was more to the story. Why do they say things when it is not true?? So frushstrating...I can't even swallow. Thanks WSers for always being on top of things! Lesson learned...

Just K
This has gone on so long that I can't even remember his name ... only that he is a forensic toxicologist.

cloud9
consider your satellite issues a blessing

I wish I had narcolepsy

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

chasing.halos
ooo these objections are gonna be good because he was only an expert in a particular area....

Linda7NJ

sure did:)

Shelby1
06-23-2011, 11:29 AM
I need toothpicks for my eyelids.

TortillaChip
It's so fruuuustrating, this witness does nothing near Dr. Vass.......and JA has to prove it.......and he is here to critize it.........

NavySubMom
This witness appears to be a DISASTER for the Defense! How long has he been on the stand, and has he testified to any material issue in this case so far??? this is ridiculous. I am sure the jury is getting a "sense" about these DT forensic witnesses, they are mostly a "bust", IMO, MOO, etc.

bobloblaw
Are all these sidebars normal in a trial like this? I've been watching the Jason Young trial and there are NO sidebars and very rarely even an objection...

chasing.halos
http://i.i.com.com/cnwk.1d/i/tim//2010/05/11/Caylee_%2859%29.jpg

technicalconfusion
WDBO AM 580 WDBO
Cheney Mason keeps looking at the ceiling. Even he seems bored! #caseyanthony

cloud9
Sorry...I took the words out of the reporters mouth as truth. I should've KNOWN that there was more to the story. Why do they say things when it is not true?? So frushstrating...I can't even swallow. Thanks WSers for always being on top of things! Lesson learned...

It's not your fault. :)

I mess up a lot! :floorlaugh:

kjpaw
06-23-2011, 11:30 AM
Wonder why is Baez not going to sidebars?

mitzi
Gotta go start dinner, but don't think I will miss much, do you all? *rolleyes*

barrysgirl
since when did wesh start having commercial breaks?????

ahoyhoy

I read those......SO SAD. "I now have only two brothers.." and all that. He's SCREAMING at CA to face facts, and she disowns him as her brother....sad and fascinating as a study of denial to the Nth degree.

Btw, Keep the Caylee pics coming guys! Like water in the desert of dull.

BigFatMommyDog
Okay, I see. Witness reviewed proceedures of Dr. Vass and Dr. Wise...so what? He's a toxicologist. Outside area of expertise. Clearly.

Exactly - I'm still stumped as to why any of this is being allowed - though it really isn't

pinkfly
:D:D:DBSchaeffer thinks JA doesn’t like this guy

Insomnia Momma
O.M.G.

I'd go bake something but with the storms I'm afraid the power will go out while baking.

It would not kill me for the power to go out during this non-testimony.

Anyone for scrabble while we wait?

:innocent:

logicalgirl

Kind of too little - too late kind of a thing, eh?

Steely Dan
Is it intentional or just coincidence that since HHJBP told JB he was going to file a complaint at the end of the trial that more DT attorney's are involved in questioning witness'? :waitasec:

NavySubMom

I just posted just about the same thing, except I had no idea he has been up there for 45 minutes!! This is not boding well for the DT, at this point, if I was on the jury, I would really be wondering about the DT forensic witnesses...

Yellow Rose
06-23-2011, 11:31 AM
I don't believe I've ever been quite so bored with this trial, today I am definitely going for a walk and getting this knee in operating condition again!

ynotdivein
It seems to me that by limiting Logan's area of expertise so narrowly, the state has really tied the defense's hands in terms of what they can ask him--don't think much of what DCS will try to get out of him will be allowed now...

chasing.halos
Are all these sidebars normal in a trial like this? I've been watching the Jason Young trial and there are NO sidebars and very rarely even an objection...

IMHO, in high profile cases, they are common. I remember in OJ's trial it seemed like sidebars happened every minute lol.

I still think during jury selection the potentials should be asked "How do ya feel about sidebars?" :innocent:

mag84
That poor court reporter is going to need a new pair of shoes pretty soon with all the back and forth to the sidebar. And she's getting a workout, too. She can skip the gym for a couple months. :)

reasonable
Well....my mom used to call foundation "cover-up" :dunno:

This is just so infuriating. this is part of her craft. She is not a rookie who does not know how to do this. They are just deliberately going ahead and using him for things the court said he was not qualified to testify to. And they do not care about the rules, or craft, or skill or procedure or anything.

I am mad. sorry.

technicalconfusion
Wonder why is Baez not going to sidebars?

Probably told him to sit on his hands....:floorlaugh:

Phoebeb
WFTV is WAY behind in their live coverage compared to IS or it could be the other way around. I am very kerfuffled right now about what is actually happening in court...

On mine too. i'm on WESH now

Donjeta
This witness seems like the first defense one who could do a dent in the state's case. It's a good idea to have Sims to ask the questions because if JB did after all the "V isn't a chemist? Can you please please tell us something negative about dr V" it would be a bit too much of a good thing.

ohiogirl
Gotta go start dinner, but don't think I will miss much, do you all? *rolleyes*

We will let you know if anything happens. You might as well get something productive done. :seeya:

newsjunkie
This is during sidebar, and doesn't seem to me to be where she looks at someone at the podium. Are these daggers for GA and CA?

nursebeeme
06-23-2011, 11:32 AM
unless this guy went to the lab and observed and looked at their policies and proceedures I don't see how he can say this on the stand...

cannot wait for cross

RammerJammer
#CaseyAnthony Ashton doing a good job of keeping defense off balance and unable to have impact with witnesses. Jury taking few notes.
by bobkealing via twitter at 10:30 AM

Shelby1

#CaseyAnthony (http://twitter.com/#%21/search?q=%23CaseyAnthony) Ashton doing a good job of keeping defense off balance and unable to have impact with witnesses. Jury taking few notes.

logicalgirl
since when did wesh start having commercial breaks?????

Apparently their live streaming video with the interactive pic of ICA is messed up for today but they are promising to have it fixed by tomorrow. I hope so because they are driving me bonkers...:maddening:

Kenziema
Almost lunch and NOTHING has been accomplished.

ami
I read those......SO SAD. "I now have only two brothers.." and all that. He's SCREAMING at CA to face facts, and she disowns him as her brother....sad and fascinating as a study of denial to the Nth degree.

Btw, Keep the Caylee pics coming guys! Like water in the desert of dull.

Those emails were so powerful. He KNEW! The second "Caylee is missing" - Uncle Rick was like, "I know KC did it" Who would think that of another person, unless forever there's been a knowledge that this person is a sociopath.

darnudes
06-23-2011, 11:33 AM

And all this will be is a continuation of the frye hearing - big waste of time!

FaerieB
KBelichWFTV Kathi Belich, WFTV
Defense is moving slow jurors are getting restless

NavySubMom
Judge Perry now calling for a sidebar!! Methinks he is going to put an end to this soon!!

RammerJammer
Yet another sidebar...fourth with this witness!

Serjen
During Sidebar, JA always gets the seat ready for the court reporter. Just something I started noticing a few days ago...

wenwe4
If you don't have written procedures cannot determine 2 people do test same way...no way to prove replicatable.....JA - move to strike witness testimony beyond expertise in toxicology - sidebar

ami
Man, JA is hammering them with the limited expertise in forensic tox!! Way to go JA!

Mountain_Kat
JA objecting to witness saying not a reliable result from tests.

HHJP: Sustained. Approach the bench.

We're going to be here all day, folks.

sleutherontheside

LyndyLoo
Well well well, it appears that this Dr. Logan since not being accepted for anything other than Forensic toxicology..DT has been thwarted..So Dr. Logan CANNOT have an expert opinion of what either Dr. Vass or Dr. Wise did regarding methodology, their results let alone condemn their results:floorlaugh:.....What a waste of time and taxdollars!!:maddening:

FaerieB
06-23-2011, 11:34 AM
CFNews13Casey Casey Anthony News13
Ashton has objected so much today- after Sims asked ? - some jurors turned to look at Ashton to see if he was going to jump up and object!

Marina2
wow... she can't even get a question out. Objections sustained over and over.

sorrell skye
Im wondering if this expert in forensic toxicology understands that it is only because of research labs that these forensic labs even have protocols and guidlines to follow to set up their accreditation testings..Its those research labs that ferret out all the issues related to coming up with accurate and uncompromised results??..

Since this man apparantly sits on some board to funds research..He must understand that??? NO??

I agree.

Nevertheless, research labs must still heed stringent methodology protocols so that their findings can be supported scientifically in order to pass peer reviewed scrutiny on any potential publications.

Replication is also an issue with regards to research, otherwise it's considered anecdotal and not scientific.

Having said that, I greatly admire Dr. V and his ground-breaking work, and tend to trust his expert opinion.

Camille
Gosh I thought Baez was all over the place with his direct but DS is just as bad IMO.

It's because JA narrowed her intended line of questioning so much by getting the witnesses area of expertise limited to just toxicology. IMHO

ami
Ashton has objected so much today- after Sims asked ? - some jurors turned to look at Ashton to see if he was going to jump up and object!

(twitter)

Wishbone
HLN saying testimony today has focused on forensic evidence. I say testimony today has focused on sidebar.

joypath
:maddening: UMMMMMMMMMM Dr. Logan.....even with protocols & procedures, some "labbies" have a tendancy to skip steps/modify the "rules".....and still have VALID results (SO NOT SAYING I agree with this behavior!)

sophie01
06-23-2011, 11:35 AM
Almost lunch and NOTHING has been accomplished.

Agreed... I'm going to get out of here soon and go buy a ficus plant.... my mother in law is coming next wwk.

whiteangora
Judge Perry now calling for a sidebar!! Methinks he is going to put an end to this soon!!
I sure hope so but not until Ashton gets a hold of him.

waltzingmatilda

How precious!!! Caylee is one of the cutest children I have ever seen!

( OT...For a moment there, I thought you had photoshopped ICA's defense team into a photo of our Darling baby Caylee):innocent:

wm

Dragonlady
JA's cross of this witness will be a bloodbath *rubs hands*

JSR
DS banked on this guy being certified as an expert in all the areas she tried to get him admitted as an expert earlier. So now her whole direct is shot to hell and she doesn't have anything to go on.

azscr4mbl3r
casey on HLN just said the oak ridge boys lol too funny...

2goldfish
oh mister sandman, bring me a dream (do do do do)
get these sidebars off of my screen

dog.gone.cute
06-23-2011, 11:36 AM

This is an adorable picture of Caylee ... and love the Potato Heads ...

TortillaChip
This is going to frustrate the jury, but imo, it's important that JA point out his inexperience. This witness barely got by JP, because of his field of expertise.

Mountain_Kat
unless this guy went to the lab and observed and looked at their policies and proceedures I don't see how he can say this on the stand...

cannot wait for cross

Exactly. He's attempting to testify to the test's validity based soley on lab reports and notes. AND he's a toxicologist, not a forensic anthropologist.

Camille
Is CM in court today?

yllek
Imo, the DT is hoping to stack up witnesses that they hope will bolster suspicion of George Anthony and possibly an accomplice until the very end of their case and leave that as the last testimony the jury hears before rebuttal and closing statements.

This is getting tedious and I don't see the DT laying much foundation to rebuke the State's expert and LE testimony. LKB was all over the HLN shows two weeks ago talking about how Baez was going to hit one out of the park when it came to forensic testimony. Still waiting, LKB. Still waiting...

FaerieB
MagpieFromHinky Pamela
Juror's are scowling

YellowSubmarine
So much for being ahead of schedule....

RammerJammer
#CaseyAnthony Jury zoning right now. This is as bad as Tuesday. Slow, choppy, unimpactful testimony.
by bobkealing via twitter at 10:36 AM

Stella5

I haven't read anything saying that... the latest I have is here...

http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/06/23/florida.casey.anthony.trial/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

" "The Anthony family maintains they do not, under any circumstance, support any theory that the defense has put forward regarding George Anthony's actions. The Anthony family maintains that while they want both the state and the defense to do their jobs respectively, they do not under any circumstance wish to see that the state achieves the ultimate sanction that the State of Florida is looking for, which is the death penalty."

debloree
During last sidebar

sleutherontheside
06-23-2011, 11:37 AM
CFNews13Casey Casey Anthony News13

And that folks is how you train your jury. heehee :floorlaugh:

Aedrys
I swear on all that is holy if he says he looked at a picture of the lab and found something wrong I will SCREAM...

SuziQ

That is my absolute favorite picture of Caylee. She is so tickled with the potato heads. I loooove Mr potato head myself. I wish she was here so I could ask her,"What do you call Mr and Mrs. Potato heads kids"?.....Tater tots!

cloud9
IMO, IF the DT did their homework there wouldn't be all these sidebars!!!

MissJames
JA objecting to witness saying not a reliable result from tests.

HHJP: Sustained. Approach the bench.

We're going to be here all day, folks.

So DS can play dirty. I hoped she was above all that. Very disappointed.

DIXIECAT
This is during sidebar, and doesn't seem to me to be where she looks at someone at the podium. Are these daggers for GA and CA?

A few minutes ago, GA came in with a notebook full of papers... perhaps ICA is focusing on that little bit of activity?

Soulmagent

Is all the note taking she is doing for a book?

Yes I think so , she is writing the book during the trial. (I suspect)

NavySubMom
OHHH MAN, JA is not letting this guy answer anything. Well, he just got one objection overruled.....the jury will eventually give this guy no weight, unless he can drop some HUGE bombshell for the DT, IMO, MOO

BigFatMommyDog
Exactly. He's attempting to testify to the test's validity based soley on lab reports and notes. AND he's a toxicologist, not a forensic anthropologist.

He's a toxicologist period - he has not been established as having any expertise in laboratory procedures and protocols

ami
06-23-2011, 11:38 AM
God help me if my lab notebook were ever entered as an official court document. I have so many abbreviations and "Uh oh!" and "what's this? check later..." etc I'd be totally humiliated. lol

ohiogirl

I don't know about that. He hasn't been able to testify to anything. JA may just say "No questions." :seeya:

Shelby1

#CaseyAnthony (http://twitter.com/#%21/search?q=%23CaseyAnthony) Jury zoning right now. This is as bad as Tuesday. Slow, choppy, unimpactful testimony.

SuziQ
IMO, this guy is opening the door to his own controversy with quality control.

pinkfly
witness is starting to pause during his own answers....he anticipates getting called down so he must be careful. JA=brilliant I still hope the false dui thing comes in too.

Serjen
They should just let this witness go. Clearly his area of expertise was limited to toxicology, while DS had questions set up outside of that area and that's only what she is asking.

coloradoteacher
The witness looks rattled and fearful of answering questions.

Beyond Belief
pay attention, vocabulary test at noon!

sleutherontheside
Barry Logan is clearly rattled!!!

mistermissy
Uh oh. I would not talk quality assurance with this witness. He flunked QA big time when he was the lab director here in Wa state for the State Patrol.

barrysgirl
I think it will be even doubly brutal because JA will have his whole lunch break to get ready for the good doc.

I can't believe the judge is letting this in!

moodyblue
06-23-2011, 11:39 AM
MagpieFromHinky Pamela
Juror's are scowling
so am I

TotallyObsessed
MagpieFromHinky Pamela
Juror's are scowling

So am I.

ami
Is all the note tking she is doing for a book?

Yes I think so , she is writing the book during the trial. (I suspect)

I've heard rumors about that. Book deal, CA taking notes for it, etc. Don't know how true that is.

TortillaChip
If we notice, JA is winning most of his objections.........I hope this is not lost on the jury. But it's a slippery slope imo, because they may get tired of these side-bars.

Oakley
Even the media are bored to distraction:

bobkealing bob kealing
LDB's left hand ring.“@JimLichtenstein: @jackiefell trying to decide which more sparkly. Annette's rings, or #CovergirlKaren 's necklace?

pinkfly
....and he knows all this based on reading an article .

LolaMoon08
DS banked on this guy being certified as an expert in all the areas she tried to get him admitted as an expert earlier. So now her whole direct is shot to hell and she doesn't have anything to go on.

And now she is going to keep the jury there all day and get no where. :banghead:

jamiect
#CaseyAnthony A few jurors now noting Logan's opinion no evidence of quality assurance at Oak Ridge Lab. Ashton should just stay standing.
by bobkealing via twitter at 11:39 AM

technicalconfusion
06-23-2011, 11:40 AM

Is he a chemist? :innocent:

Emeralgem
Just got here.. Did I miss anything important?

barrysgirl
IMO, this guy is opening the door to his own controversy with quality control.

Does JA know about Mr. Logan's problems?

whiteangora
I haven't read anything saying that... the latest I have is here...

http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/06/23/florida.casey.anthony.trial/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

" "The Anthony family maintains they do not, under any circumstance, support any theory that the defense has put forward regarding George Anthony's actions. The Anthony family maintains that while they want both the state and the defense to do their jobs respectively, they do not under any circumstance wish to see that the state achieves the ultimate sanction that the State of Florida is looking for, which is the death penalty."

Mr Lippman is no longer commenting on guilt or innocence in that article.

FaerieB
Man oh man....why do I see the inside of the Tate house while listening to this?

ami
Omg, this is terrible/awesome depending on whose side you're on. I'm wide eyed.

Phoebeb
wow... she can't even get a question out. Objections sustained over and over.

I wonder how that goes over with the jury. Do they think JA is being a bully/ afraid to let the witness testify? Or do they think DT is in panic mode?

logicalgirl
LG now going through her secondary business email to delete the emails that are non relevant...thanks DS....don't usually have time to do this very often.

~PrinceSSa~
I have no idea what they are talking about!!
My highlights are having a blonde moment again!!

Those poor jurors. It's like they are in jail!

pinkfly
...and with a great thrust JA moves in for the kill toxicology not related to this (after limiting his expertise to toxocology). ding ding ding

TotallyObsessed
HA! ICA just mouthed something under her breath to JB when JA objected AGAIN! She is not happy.

Curious Me
Quality Assurance? drone, drone, drone

Poor jurors. The blood in my body has stopped circulating. This is what "bored to death" must mean.

coloradoteacher
ICA is smirking at someone in audience and is then whispering to JA.

sappysoul
Oh good gawd. Give it up already. You're looking like a fool and your witness is looking even worse.

RSDhoping for a cure
06-23-2011, 11:41 AM
Good morning/ early afternoon!

Hope we have a great day in Justice for Caylee!

Rapunzel
Oh this is absolutely hysterical direct!!!!!...:floorlaugh:

Studio_Medic
Not a clue here. :floorlaugh:

Not a clue here either......at this point I think he has forgotten what he is suppose to be testifying about...:floorlaugh:

Wishbone
So DS can play dirty. I hoped she was above all that. Very disappointed.

she needs to stop. sustaine, sustaine, sustaine is echoing in my head.

Quiche

Nope. :no:

Mare10
That was the most refreshing thing I heard all day. "that's because that was a terrible question, let me rephrase"

newsjunkie
MagpieFromHinky Pamela
Juror's are scowling

so am I

So am I.

:floorlaugh:

Mountain_Kat
JA blocking DS at every turn.

nursebeeme

No E... and you are so lucky you just got here LOL... it has been a v e r y s l o w morning

decemberbee45
Is he a chemist? :innocent:

I've forgotten!

RammerJammer
06-23-2011, 11:42 AM
DS AND the witness need to just give it up. Sit down. You're excused.

chasing.halos
What Caylee should be doing right now...

http://i.i.com.com/cnwk.1d/i/tim//2010/05/11/Caylee_%2862%29.jpg

LyndyLoo
The witness looks rattled and fearful of answering questions.

I agree..I think has been forced to go off script and doesnt even know how to answer the questions put to him that his is qualified to opine on...This is so sad...DT made a huge error here:maddening:

strach304
And that folks is how you train your jury. heehee :floorlaugh:

You can clearly see he is sick of objecting himself. I'm sorry but DCS is terrible.

Kenziema
O.M.G. Get this guy OUT OF HERE!

ami
Were I DS I'd be in tears right now. The only question she got out of her mouth without an objection was so convoluted the witness couldn't even answer it.

LolaMoon08
If we notice, JA is winning most of his objections.........I hope this is not lost on the jury. But it's a slippery slope imo, because they may get tired of these side-bars.

Somehow, I do not think the jury will blame JA for that, but the defense for asking questions this witness is not allowed to answer because he is not an established expert in that field.

FaerieB
ICA is smirking at someone in audience and is then whispering to JA.

*BBM

Now that I would pay to see!

TexasDoll
DCS is not going anywhere with her line of questioning.