PDA

View Full Version : 2011.06.23 TRIAL Day Twenty-six (Afternoon Session)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12

TiaM
06-23-2011, 03:59 PM
Cindy's work emails will come back, Gentiva is subject to HIPPA, which requires maintaining records for much longer than 3 years...

Not just her emails, but all her logins and logouts.

I'm willing to be they have some sort of security video also. Hope it's still accessible.

LyndyLoo
I just scraped myself off the floor..and will refrain on further comments!!

I feel sure SA will be able to rebut Cindy's testimony clearly and just show what CA is trying to do..SHE wil indeed be shown as a liar..

i.e. All businesses have to keep records or timecards to show pay to employees..IF CA truly used her email to clock in or out..that would show up somewhere on their accountings..
i.e. Someone from the home can show somehow CA was actually at work those dates and times..because she "Chaired a Meeting" or something like that..as she was some sort of manager..

The big thing that screams out..is that stain testimony about car trunk stain...I did note she did not state there was always a terrible smell in that trunk..Again it appears to be one big lie...

CA will be shown clearly as nothing more than despirate to reduce all the evidence against ICA...I hope Caylee comes to visit you (CA) soon in your dreams:banghead:

CarolinaWoman
It seems to me the Anthony's like to wash and clean everything. GA washed all cars every week. If they purchased a car with stains GA would have drove himself nuts to get it clean and so would Cindy. Even to the point of replacing the carpet.

fifteen89
WFTV's blog as 71,000 on it??

GetSmart
Why should we be surprised ...I have just about it with all these enablers and liars

deelytful1
CA's scenerio doesn't play. She would look up medical stuff at home because Gentiva limited their internet access? Isn't this the woman that would show photos internet style to her co-workers? Also - even at our company which is also health based (insurance) there is no access to FB or My Space or a couple other sites - but everything else is open per the internet so we can search for the latest in let's say gall bladder surgery stats or the new RX's out there. She's not telling the truth...working at Gentiva in her capacity she'd have to have the same access that someone like I have, in order to research her cases.

In 2008, most large companies allowed internet access to their employees since it was a convenience for them to take care of personal matters during lunch, etc. This will be an easy lie for the SA to clear up (I hope!)

2door73chevy
I have no doubt CA came across to the jury as a mother who is desperate to keep her daughter from being found guilty of 1st degree murder.

I think the same thing...CA does not want ICA to get the DP.

ZsaZsa
They would have to have been repeatedly jumping up from the computer and the other one sitting down seconds later, one after another, continuously, for almost an hour. Does your family do that?

Plus it was ICA that deliberately deleted them. Why bother to delete your Mother's mistaken chlorophyll searches....?

Mountain_Kat
The events of the last 24 hours make PERFECT sense to me now!

I suddenly understand Lippman's reasoning and motive in statement last night.

I suddenly understand Lippman's announcement of press conference AFTER court today.

I CERTAINLY understand now HOW and WHY Jean C got the "exclusive" news last night that CA WOULD be testifying today....

And most importantly, I now understand exactly WHY CA testified the way she did....

Does she REALLY believe she can try to play both sides of the fence? REALLY???????

OMG...thank you so much for this post! I was thinking the same thing and thought maybe I was getting alittle "out there" in my thinking.

jeepgirlva
Remember the email Cindy got from her brother saying that Casey was making them look like the stupidest parents on earth?

The state should call Rick and Shirley to testify ..

sophie01
Just for back home... did Cindy kill the states case. I guess after the rumor came out that they did not think ICA was innocent Cindy changed her mind.

cityslick
Because it would show that she was at work and not at home during the time the searches were done.

What if she didn't send or reply to any emails during that time period? It wouldn't prove she wasn't there.

Oakley
TrialNotes Trial Notes
I now think that "not innocent" thing last night was orchestrated to try to make her testimony today seem more believable.

MaraSleuth
I want to see SA put on a rebuttal witness who is a Supervisor for Gentiva and want LDB to ask that Supervisor whether or not employees are told to FALSIFY work records by not recording overtime, and by logging an 8 hour day but feeling free to come and go as they please...

When i worked at an auto manufacturer as salary - we were able to work 4 hours one day and 12 the next - this was called "lieu time". So one day I would work 12 hours and the next I worked 4 hours and took 4 hours "in lieu" which went on my timecard.

I wonder if CA had to swipe in and out. Most companies have swipes for employees to get into the parking, building or certain parts of the building. All those swipes are recorded.

rbrnmw2
I now have to cook my husband livers and onions in gravy he bet me weeks ago CA would lay down for the DT bus I said no she was now seeing the light

cluciano63
06-23-2011, 04:00 PM
I have no doubt CA came across to the jury as a mother who is desperate to keep her daughter from being found guilty of 1st degree murder.

Or as mother of a family of liars...that is what I would be thinking...and would wonder about everything now...

katydid23
I wonder if the Motion To Acquit can be renewed at this time??

Nope. Just wait for the states rebuttal. They will prove that Cindy is lying.

There were no searches for chlorophyll, IIRC.

Hisimage
I am beyond angry at myself for even believing that CA had come to grips with ICA causing the pain she and GA (and us) are going through. I am the type of person the will give a person time to prove who they are. And that is what I did up until the beginning of this trial). I knew ICA was GUILTY , (no, not/ not innocent). But I was willing to give the parents a chance to redeem themselves.

Now, I can hardly see straight. Had to get up and walk away from the computer while listening to CA speak. She had that old rebellious/angry attitude. And I am so broken hearted over it.

AND , in addition to all the members who have relatives in heaven greeting beautiful Caylee Marie, I know my son who I lost 18 years ago this Sat. will be with Caylee too, and I know that he will NOT turn his back on her the way her family has.

Sorry-- very emotional.

DIXIECAT
Today's testimony: Hours of boredom punctuated by moments of WTH.

Kentjbkent
Here's my question ... LBD read out a lot of other terms that we searched and Cindy denied them. Were these terms all searched within the same time frame they were discussing? In other words, how can she say she looked up some terms and not the others all in one sitting. And weren't there FB and MySpace results at those same times?

Perjury anyone?

Because those terms did not speak of premeditation in THIS case.....

(death by neck breaking, death by household tools, shovel.....)

cloud9

I suddenly understand Lippman's announcement of press conference AFTER court today.

I CERTAINLY understand now HOW and WHY Jean C got the "exclusive" news last night that CA WOULD be testifying today....

And most importantly, I now understand exactly WHY CA testified the way she did....

Does she REALLY believe she can try to play both sides of the fence? REALLY???????

Exactly! And LDB saw it coming, sooner or later. She's one smart cookie!

LoisDenominator
I'm not throwing in the towel just yet as I believe that the SA will get the necessary computer details, phone records, etc. and use them in their rebuttle. That said, Bill S. saying that CA's testimony was the first torpedo in the State's case. Makes me wonder what Jose offered Cindy in exchange for this testimony.

I'll be curious to see if they call River Cruz now...

indicat
We can be mad at CA or Great full that she opened up a can of worms

IE the Check fraud and the stain.

that and i new think those poor yorkies were testing chloroform concoctions...

Great new theory! ICA was testing the chloroform on the yorkies, that's why the one was "so tierd all the time"

gamom
Kc looks worried, with this sidebar. I wonder what happened?

Clearly Confused
Cindy worked in the medical field and I'm pretty sure HIPPA standards require that all records be kept (including email), for quite some time. I would be surprised if her company doesn't have extensive backups of all of her emails and records, etc...
If she worked in a hospital they have it. I work in one and our IT people can get on without our passwords. They have to be able to for all kinds of reasons. She lied about that too!

grammieto5
Whether it was KC CA GA LA, or any one of KC's friends who did searches on the computer it won't change the fact that KC murdered baby Caylee, right??????

LongtimeMedic
I bet when JA disappeared, he was running to get a search warrant drafted to seize CA's workplaces computers. JMO

technicalconfusion
I'm not throwing in the towel just yet as I believe that the SA will get the necessary computer details, phone records, etc. and use them in their rebuttle. That said, Bill S. saying that CA's testimony was the first torpedo in the State's case. Makes me wonder what Jose offered Cindy in exchange for this testimony.

He wants to handle her book deal....

TiaM
Having not followed the case, chlorophyll makes sense since CA testified a LOT about their passion for gardening.

AND, the jurors (a nurse and 2 IT guys) are going to KNOW it is total BS! that the company doesn't know passwords and keep records of the computers used at the hospital.

AND, KC has shown that she liked to go back to the house when she KNEW GA and CA would be gone, which is between 2 p.m. and 5 p.m. GA's presence that one "gas can" day surprised the bejezzers out of KC as she was expecting him to be gone.

Don't worry folks, this is a no-brainer - at least to me.

I just Google searched chlorophyll and I stopped looking for any sites about chloroform on page 10 - found none in the first 10 pages. Imagine that.

Lucylu7
Stunned,like everyone .But I hope that from Cindy's testimony the jury remembers this- did you type in the search engine how. to. make . chlorophorm.

dog.gone.cute

:rocker: Great Points !!!

Trident
You peeps don't need to beat yourself up over this........compassion is NEVER a bad thing.

Misplaced, it can be and sometimes dangerous also.

My opinion only

momtective
I actually just got done throwing up my lunch...I am crying and feeling heartsick. I do NOT want KC to get away with this, but I really, really want Cindy arrested for obstruction of justice, perjury, any damn thing they can get her on. I AM LIVID!

:grouphug: me too...freakin' livid! Here com'on lets have a shot of tequila.
http://i749.photobucket.com/albums/xx132/The_Missing/Decorated%20images/tequila.jpg

Clearly Confused
06-23-2011, 04:01 PM
Kc looks worried, with this sidebar. I wonder what happened?
Check charges coming in? LOL..now that would be funny!

TortillaChip
I think SA will get all their ducks in a row for CA during their rebuttal case......This just a short shot of false hope for JB and ICA...........What I am worried about now is how far will GA go for ICA?

sumbunny
cindy brought up casey's arrest for theft..did that open any new doors for the prosecution to explore?

thumbtack
Guess who my imagined target is going to be in kick-boxing class tonight?

whiteangora
Because it would show that she was at work and not at home during the time the searches were done.

Ya know what? Cindy would say that the time and date on her work computer were wrong! She's got an answer for everything.:banghead:

Quiche
I think there may be some screamers in front of the house tonight, just a feeling.

tehcloser
Nancy will just play the "Oh she's a grieving mother/grandmother who doesn't want her daughter to die and forgive her she knows not what she's doing card"........and peeps will believe her, and we will start wrasslin' all over again..............lmbo.

Kenziema
I just scraped myself off the floor..and will refrain on further comments!!

I feel sure SA will be able to rebut Cindy's testimony clearly and just show what CA is trying to do..SHE wil indeed be shown as a liar..

i.e. All businesses have to keep records or timecards to show pay to employees..IF CA truly used her email to clock in or out..that would show up somewhere on their accountings..
i.e. Someone from the home can show somehow CA was actually at work those dates and times..because she "Chaired a Meeting" or something like that..as she was some sort of manager..

The big thing that screams out..is that stain testimony about car trunk stain...I did note she did not state there was always a terrible smell in that trunk..Again it appears to be one big lie...

CA will be shown clearly as nothing more than despirate to reduce all the evidence against ICA...I hope Caylee comes to visit you (CA) soon in your dreams:banghead:

I know in PA payroll records are required to be kept on file for 3 years minimum... not sure if FL is the same.

MaryAnn
I am beyond angry at myself for even believing that CA had come to grips with ICA causing the pain she and GA (and us) are going through. I am the type of person the will give a person time to prove who they are. And that is what I did up until the beginning of this trial). I knew ICA was GUILTY , (no, not/ not innocent). But I was willing to give the parents a chance to redeem themselves.

Now, I can hardly see straight. Had to get up and walk away from the computer while listening to CA speak. She had that old rebellious/angry attitude. And I am so broken hearted over it.

AND , in addition to all the members who have relatives in heaven greeting beautiful Caylee Marie, I know my son who I lost 18 years ago this Sat. will be with Caylee too, and I know that he will NOT turn his back on her the way her family has.

Sorry-- very emotional.

I'm so sorry for your loss!

pinkfly
We are back.. Tums, Diet Mountain Dew and a fervent hope that the jury saw a woman willing to lie to save her daughters life.

Broderick
Maybe Cindy traded today's testimony in return for them to drop the alleged abuse from George and Lee for the rest of the trial. Just a thought.

Tulessa
I'm not going to bash them. If they can live without Caylee,and live with what they are doing. It's on them. I'm upset yes, VERY. I just wouldn't want to walk in their shoes. It's hard enough to walk in my own.

RR0004
I'm crying for Caylee. Poor sweet child.

TotallyObsessed
Casey Anthony and the truth are strangers.
Cindy Anthony and the truth are strangers.
George Anthony and the truth are strangers.
Lee Anthony and the truth are strangers.

Elley Mae
As far as cindy emailing at work and whether that proves she was there. I think that her job was dealing with ppl was by way of computer. I think her job was about "approvals" for payment or procedure as an example. jmo

Beyond Belief
i think that "not innocent" was a ploy to bring attention to her testimony, misleading folks to think she was going to finally throw Casey to the wolves.

ZsaZsa
She did.

I wonder if anybody took notes during the staff meetings?

Yes, I'm sure they keep record of Agenda, logs of attendance and minutes.

nitasch
I'm salaried... but I still have to fill out a time sheet.

Regardless, CA makes me sick to my stomach for a myriad of reasons.

I was salaried for 15 years, but still punched a time card every day. I was never paid overtime, but anything over 40 hrs per week, went to comp time that I could save up and use as additional vacation hours.

When I was on vacation, there were absolutely NO time records of me being at work... the entry simply stated "VACATION"

I think I may puke...

Curious Me
06-23-2011, 04:02 PM
I don't think Bombshell is going to be a big enough word for NG tonight. CA was an atom bombshell.

NG will combust if GA goes with the molestation!

Wishbone
I am calming down as I realize, CA has been lying for KC for years!! The state had to be expecting this. They knew she would lie, to think she would tell the truth would have been a surprise for them. Don't worry, they had 3 years to prepare for this.

If they aren't prepared for this, then they are not as competent as I had hoped they would be. To me the entire family has been very transparent in their lying.

kantoo
Any of Cindy's co-workers could remember Cindy being AT work on the questioned days also.

Cindy has left her fanny out hanging.

Just like O.J. did when he said he wouldn't wear those ugly shoes.

bbm

...only is they have a photgraphic memory, like CA has, and remember a pop up on a computer screen from 3 years ago. jmo

jane the dood
I am completely strung out. Sickened. Angry. No, furious! What about the doe-eyed little girl who didn't live to see her third birthday? Who was bagged up and thrown away by her mother and left to be EATEN? What about justice for Caylee??? I am just sick at heart. Someone, please tell me this will work out in the end!

CarolinaWoman
I now have to cook my husband livers and onions in gravy he bet me weeks ago CA would lay down for the DT bus I said no she was now seeing the light

Can I come over? I'm the only family member that eats liver and onions. Thus I never cook that delicious dish! :)

ella971
Our judge just had to pop some meds.Not good.

sophie01
I don't know how much more of this I can take.... this family drives me crazy !!!! I don't understand them at all.... not even sure I can listen to the rest of today.

1tasha
I think my computer is secretly searching for Chloroform...... 84 times. Bad Computer!!

It's insane! They even shift blame to inanimate objects. It's five o'clock somewhere. Where's the whiskey?

PassTheMotrin
Why hasn't she gone back to work? tia

Perhaps covering for ICA became a full-time job. :)

dog.gone.cute
The state should call Rick and Shirley to testify ..

:rocker: Sure would like to hear what they have to say about CA and ICA ... and GA ...

And they would have absolutely NO reason to lie for ICA or CA ...

DIXIECAT
Judge Perry just took a TUMS, no doubt... moo.

suzet
06-23-2011, 04:03 PM
Thank you. Where was that grieving Grandma that was on the stand at the beginning of the trial?

She was an imposter.

gibby207
okayokayokay. I'm back peeps!! Let's starting thinking positively again cause seriously... pros have last at bat and it's going to be UGLY. Tee hee. :)

Brang it.

Murphismo
Nancy will just play the "Oh she's a grieving mother/grandmother who doesn't want her daughter to die and forgive her she knows not what she's doing card"........and peeps will believe her, and we will start wrasslin' all over again..............lmbo.

I dunno, NG has some fangs!~

Eileen730
And why was this so important that CA had to leave work to look it up?

Exactly!!! no reason at all but she has had alot of time to think this all thru!

Everything she has done so far has been an act, the tears we all fell for well no more tears from me

Kenziema
A salaried exempt employee's time cannot be recorded because it will chalange their exempt status under the Fair Labor Standards Act (Federal Law) requiring the employer to pay back over time wages for a minimum of 2 years. I doubt they have any accurate time records for Cindy.

Soulmagent
The computer expert said on the stand before he could not tell how the password was set up so he could not tell if a password would have to be entered before those searchers were done. I posted then, I thought that was important for then to have and it seems it was but they do not have it and Kevin said so on the stand when he first took it (or bradley one of them)

This is in relation to the sleep ,log on cycles of the PC and the specific user account.

whiteangora
Why hasn't she gone back to work? tia

Because she's doing quite nicely living off her dead grand-daughter

ZsaZsa
Ya know what? Cindy would say that the time and date on her work computer were wrong! She's got an answer for everything.:banghead:

That would not fly. Medical records are legal documents..

jojomonkey
Maybe Cindy traded today's testimony in return for them to drop the alleged abuse from George and Lee for the rest of the trial. Just a thought.

Interesting thought. How disgusting if that is true, but it definitely seems like she might be in cohoots with JB now.

sappysoul
I give up. Bill S. saying even if the SA finds out that CA was at work and is lying.....the judge might not let it in....because the SA should have anticipated that CA would lie. Justice system?? I think not....not for victims.

I'm not a lawyer but I have to disagree. How do you anticipate someone lying? What would he base that opinion on? I think they have every right to challenge her testimony. Do you have to anticipate every witness will lie?

Nana46
06-23-2011, 04:04 PM
You guys do realize that this means that whole DT table is knowing and going along with this and are much more computer savvy and probably authored this whole mess.IMO

OneLostGrl
I wonder how many of CA's patients she saw on the days in question (3/17 and 3/21? iirc) will come forward to the SA and say yes, I had such and such a medical treatment that day and CA was MY NURSE at the time in question.... AND give permission for the state to have their medical records.

If I were one of CA's patients on either day I would certainly do that myself!

She doesn't see patients

Blue Ridge
bbm

...only is they have a photgraphic memory, like CA has, and remember a pop up on a computer screen from 3 years ago. jmo

Oh yeah, a you-tube popped up with a 'neck breaking feat' on a skateboard...and that somehow is gonna show up as someone doing a google search on neckbreaking? Me thinketh not..

Jen38
I am glad I didn't witness this personally; I've been fighting a killer headache today and this would've caused my head to explode, I think. It doesn't say much for my personal judge of character that I believed CA was finally seeing the light and starting to truly grieve for Caylee. Lying is despicable no matter what the motive, and I hope she is prosecuted if they can prove perjury. Shame on me. :( :sick: :banghead:

Cubby
Both March 17 and 21 were Mondays. didn't CA say they had staff meetings on Mondays?

The 17th was a Monday, the 21st was a Friday.

http://www.calendarprintables.com/images/calendar_printables_mar08.jpg

dani
There will be some evidence of CA's physical presence at work those days. Nurses have to document everything, even phone calls made. As a nurse manager, there will be a paper trail/computer evidence of her being at the office. Gentiva employees are already on the state's witness list.

I was thinking along this line, too. I'm wondering if there might be patients charts that she may have handwritten something on, but wouldn't HIPPA laws prevent SA from using that?

Quiche
Cindy talks too much, just like KC-- round and round and round.

mistermissy
CA timecard shows she worked 10 hours on March 17, 2008! From 8:00am to 6:00pm. She worked 48.5 hours that week!!!!!!! Caught in a big lie.

ella971
Judge Perry just took a TUMS, no doubt... moo.
No he had to take drink water.

RR0004
Maybe this is good for the book.
Wouldn't Cindy have shouted from thee rooftops...it was me...I looked for chloroform on the computer? OMG! She's denied there was a body in the trunk for 3 years...now she wants us to believe it was a coincidence that SHE just happened to look it up?

Steft50
I'm going to catch flack for this I'm sure but I find that while I am furious with CA for lying on the stand, I can also understand what has to be her overwhelming desire and need to protect the life of the child she gave birth to, no matter how flawed that child seems to be.

I am extremely angry with CA, but I also feel so sorry for her and what her evil daughter has done to her family.

cluciano63
I don't even remember the password on my computer...even when I turn it on, it only asks for my password to get into email...

watchinginky
They just showed a shot of the prosecutor's table and JA wasn't there.

Jaboom97
Also if you search for news stories related to the dangers of hand sanitizer to children-many of the Google results show news stories from 2007 and 2009 (during the H1N1 scare) sounds quite fishy to me

susan1122
I think CA's testimony today makes a good case for why all witnesses need to be sequestered from the courtroom.

Great point!

Wishbone
NG will combust if GA goes with the molestation!

Guessing he will get caught in the crossfire of his "affair" and look like a degenerate capable of anything and everything. This is with his approval of course.......

GiantPickle
06-23-2011, 04:05 PM
I want to see SA put on a rebuttal witness who is a Supervisor for Gentiva and want LDB to ask that Supervisor whether or not employees are told to FALSIFY work records by not recording overtime, and by logging an 8 hour day but feeling free to come and go as they please...

I know the answer to that one!!!

eh, this was kind of an unspoken rule where I worked. There were times where I'd be working on something until midnight or until the wee hours (no extra compensation because I was salaried) and I'd be told to use some time elsewhere/just leave earlier when things were slow etc. We had weeks where the entire management team (I was an exec secretary) was gone for meetings overseas and that would be when I'd "make up" most of my time. Fridays in the summer I'd leave at noon etc etc etc

jmfstl
You have NO idea how tempted I am to read it. :banghead:

But no...I'll have to reason this out the same way the real jurors will have to reason this out. Otherwise, I'm not a mock juror, am I?

Bet this jury is as floored as I am, though.

As a mock juror did she come across as truthful to you?

tehcloser
I dunno, NG has some fangs!~

Yeah, but those fangs will NEVER come out against Cindy and George just watch.

jon_burrows
Cindy lied about the stain being there when they bought the car. GA said in his early testimony (when he was actually telling the truth) that there was a basketball sized stain in the trunk. I think he said he put his nose right up on the smell. That was a new stain and CA darn well knows it. GA kept those cars spotless. He would know if there was a new or old stain.

She said ICA and GA drove the car. I call BS on that too.

IMO

Eidetic
http://i52.tinypic.com/2m7sxuo.jpg

HRCODEPINK
Honestly, I don't know that it doesn't look worse that some of the 84 searches would be Cindy's and that gives fewer to KC. But still with even fewer searches she was looking up how to make it. Not that I believe a word out of Cindy's mouth anymore. I gave her the benefit of the doubt and wasted tears on her after the first day (ETA: that she testified), but from here on out I will save my tears for Caylee.

Aqua_Green_Bean
I now think that "not innocent" thing last night was orchestrated to try to make her testimony today seem more believable.

But why? The jury doesn't know anything about the statement made by her lawyer. They jury has no idea any of this is going on. And why would they put on an act for the public, we are not the ones making the decisions. I am just shocked at what just happened and cannot make sense of it all. Besides a woman lying to try and protect her daughter.

Also, does anyone know what date she was depo'd about her computer searches? I want to re-read them, but the ones I pulled up and did a keyword search for chloroform and computer came up with nothing.

Cherry Baby
709 GUESTS!!! Wow!

Please join us here and register...the regulars don't bite, the water is fine, and we are a friendly bunch!

QueenD
cindy brought up casey's arrest for theft..did that open any new doors for the prosecution to explore?

Crank up that Mack truck

Wisteria
ok. I am not getting sucked into the drama. Cindy may have looked for chlorophyll. I will even give her some of the chemicals. BUT! She says she did not look for "how to make chloroform". The computer stuff will show clearly that Casey used the password protected account to search for how to make chloroform. Have no fear! Remember, Jose didn't even look at this stuff til this week!!!! Breathe!!!!

Snaz
Isn't there any depositions of Cindy's that LDB could have impeached her with or couldn't they arrest her for lying on the stand in the depositions??? How did that testimony happen???

I think LDB is saving that for rebuttal......

Steely Dan
I bet when JA disappeared, he was running to get a search warrant drafted to seize CA's workplaces computers. JMO

That would be awesome if they could prove she was lying about that. I think the jury has her number because LDB did a good cross but a smoking gun might get her behind bars. JMO

LancelotLink
She did.

I wonder if anybody took notes during the staff meetings?

Exactly!!! Who was present, what was said, etc...
I'd be getting E-pass records as well.

Mulegirl
What does Cindy's email at work have to do whether she was there or not? That makes no sense.

As a former network admin, we used Exchange for e-mail and on it I had it set where there are time stamps when someone retrieves their e-mail from the server and it leaves an IP address where the e-mail was retrieved from. In other words, by the IP address, I can tell if the person was in the office or at home or somewhere else.

Someone else pointed out correctly that the network log-on/log-off will show times she was in the office. Especially with the HIPAA laws, there would be VERY strict regulations to never, ever, ever leave your computer without logging off the network. So if she was on the network, she was there.

NOW, all that having been said, I don't know how long the HIPAA laws specify backups should be saved. I did a round-robin with my backup tapes, and would no longer have anything from 3 years ago. So I pray and hope that LE took copies of backups from her job back then....

sophie01
Exactly!!! no reason at all but she has had alot of time to think this all thru!

Everything she has done so far has been an act, the tears we all fell for well no more tears from me

I agree.... if Casey gets off it will alll be on them, hope they don;t mind looking over their shoulders for the rest of their lives.

4realtho
OMG! Just got back home and what did I step in? CA up to her old tricks again. I knew we couldn't believe her and that's why I didn't. We have been down this road how many times with CA/GA? I understand her caring about her daughter but to get on the stand and lie, someone please tell me how in the world is she showing that she cares anything about Caylee by her actions in court today.

Wholehearted
06-23-2011, 04:06 PM

If CA can only access the system while at work, then any emails she sent that day would obviously have to have been written at work. But it's quite possible that she could be at work and not have written any emails.

newsjunkie
There has to be more than emails at her job. She is a nurse. She has to document medication, vitals, etc. on files. Those medical files still exist for sure.

yeknomaras

yesterday I would have said your comment was too harsh.

today I say, couldn't agree more, whiteangora.

:fence:

jeepgirlva
I wonder how many of CA's patients she saw on the days in question (3/17 and 3/21? iirc) will come forward to the SA and say yes, I had such and such a medical treatment that day and CA was MY NURSE at the time in question.... AND give permission for the state to have their medical records.

If I were one of CA's patients on either day I would certainly do that myself!

I don't think Cindy has patient contact she is more a nurse auditor type person who reviews claims..

morayne
According to CA, the trunk stain was there when she bought the car??

OMG! So someone else was driving around in a car with a stain shaped like a toddler in the fetal position?? Must have been Zanny!!

Forgive me...this day has made me positively slap-happy.:furious:

allycat1208
If she sent an email from her work account, it would have an IP address associated with it. If she sent an email at work while she is now claiming to be home looking up chloroform, her work emails from that time will reflect it.

Did CA say she "definitely" sent an email from work or "she might have sent one" or something other than that?

Quiche
The computer guy is still on the stand? Where are we? lol

Rapunzel
I'm surprised Cindy didn't testify again that she still thinks Caylee is alive and she's still searching for Zanny.

ExpectingUnicorns
Casey looks much, much more relaxed now. Feels more freedom to move around and get herself comfortable. Anyone else notice that?

watchinginky
I just wanna SMACK KC and CA. :banghead:

TiaM
Just for back home... did Cindy kill the states case. I guess after the rumor came out that they did not think ICA was innocent Cindy changed her mind.

No, she didn't kill it. She just lied as she always has and therefore is making more work for the State.

They now have to take the time to gather up all the records that will so clearly show her to be a liar during their rebuttal case.

Charges are going to be brought for sure at the conclusion of this case. Hope it's worth it to CA.

sappysoul
A salaried exempt employee's time cannot be recorded because it will chalange their exempt status under the Fair Labor Standards Act (Federal Law) requiring the employer to pay back over time wages for a minimum of 2 years. I doubt they have any accurate time records for Cindy.
They will have to find some other way to pin her down. Her cell phone, any logs or emails at work, attendance at a meeting verified through minutes. There are a number of ways and they only have to find one.

AMMich
06-23-2011, 04:07 PM
I know we don't really know how we would react in a situation until we're in it BUT there are certainties in life. I can honestly say I would NEVER lie on the stand to save my daughter if she had murdered her little girl. NEVER.

ITA. I thought that she was going to use her new found sympathy to plead for her daughter's life during the penalty phase. I am sure some of the jurors would take into consideration how much grief she showed for Caylee on the stand. Her testimony today and what I am sure is going to happen when the SA's get ahold of her again will negate any good feelings towards her.

Dysthymia
Cindy, Cindy, Cindy. Why am I not surprised?

x_files
I'm starting to wonder if CA might have suspected ICA was chloroforming Caylee, and that's why she also searched chloroform. Perhaps CA deleted the file?

I dunno.

Did Cindy teach CA to use it as a sleep aid? It sounds nuts I know but I've heard of mothers using alcohol in baby bottles before by well educated mothers too. :(
Maybe it was acceptable practice at their household? good lord.

LambChop
Wouldn't it indicate on the computer records whether or not someone was logging into the internet???

dog.gone.cute

Cindy "talks too much", and Cindy "gives too much detail" when she is on the stand giving an answer.

And that is how Cindy's statement about ICA being arrested for the "bad checks" got in.

But Linda did not focus on the bad checks during today's testimony.

I hope the Jury heard it !!! :great:

As to what the SA Team does with it I guess we'll see.

Z-sleuth
I only caught the tail end of CA's testimony. Did she say she testified to this in her deposition and the state knew about it?

momtective
I suspect the office of Gentiva, where CA worked, is now without their computers. Maybe JA took the Mack Truck to pick them up. :giggle:

TexasDoll
Ditto here. Also she could open a can of Labor Law worms also about the company didn't want her to show OT hours on her card. That is a no-no with the Stat of FL to ask someone even salary not to show certain hours on your time card.

I think this is an HR issue across America. Your employer CAN NOT make you falsify your time card. It is against the law.

The federal Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)and the laws in most states require that employers keep accurate records of hours worked and wages paid to nonexempt employees. Records of hours worked can be tracked using handwritten time cards, punching time clocks, or through the use of electronic badge readers or hand scanners. Any one of these methods is fine as long as accurate records are kept. Employers should adopt a written policy letting employees know that they are responsible for accurately recording the times they arrive at and leave work. This policy also should inform employees of the consequences for deliberately falsifying time cards or clocking in for other employees, which may include immediate termination of employment. Even though employers are not required to keep records of the actual hours worked by employees who are exempt from overtime requirements, employers should have a system for recording sick days, floating holidays, vacation time, jury duty, bereavement leave, and other absences.

source: http://hr.blr.com/HR-topics/Compensation/Time-Keeping/

wandering

Everything she has done so far has been an act, the tears we all fell for well no more tears from meYes, and she and Geo were allowed to stay in the courtroom. There was a method to their madness.
I am sick and speechless.

QuietStorm
Ditto here. Also she could open a can of Labor Law worms also about the company didn't want her to show OT hours on her card. That is a no-no with the Stat of FL to ask someone even salary not to show certain hours on your time card.

By definition, salaried people do not get paid overtime.

shelbar53
I said this June 3rd on another site.

In the beginning of Cindy's 2nd time on the stand, I heard a drippingly sweet condescending fake tone of voice for just a second but it set off a red flag to me. I don't feel Cindy is sincere. Oh she is grieving for her granddaughter but she is "over" using that grief for ulterior motives, which is to gain back public sympathy. She needs the public to see her as a victim so she can make millions off of book/movie deals. Nobody in that family works anymore including Lee.

I think Cindy is a <mod snip> person and she was very critical of George and Casey. I'm sure she played victim to her co-workers and had them fooled. She could turn every situation into her looking like the martyr, gift of gab so to speak.

Who in the world could remember all the little details of her daughter's friends from 2006 and on? I will tell you ...a control freak, that's who.

I didn't like Cindy then and I don't like her now. Baloney to the...oh poor Cindy, look how she suffered. {yes she suffered the death of her GD but the buck stops there with me.} Lets come back to this in a year and see how rich the Anthony's are.

Jorjamay
I'm sorry to ask this again, the comments are moving at lightening speed and I can't see the answer. Where can I watch the trial so that I see ICA reactions at the same time as the witnesses are testifying.

Thanks so much,

wesh .com does it but it is having a few issues today

grammieto5
Of course Cindy denied leaving the pool ladder up, that would put the blame on her..Casey did learn how to lie, just like Cindy.
They are all liars and just cannot be believe one word that comes out of any of their mouths.!!!

I believe she denied it because she knew how baby Caylee was murdered and who murdered her.

Linda7NJ

Does anyone here believe for a second that a person can remember a "pop up ad" from 3 years ago? :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Steft50
I was thinking along this line, too. I'm wondering if there might be patients charts that she may have handwritten something on, but wouldn't HIPPA laws prevent SA from using that?

CA didn't work with patients directly. She said that in her testimony about Casey bringing Caylee to her office on occasion.

Kimster
Kudos to Dr. Lillian Glass. She called this one (CA) on the radio show a couple of weeks back.

:sigh:

JusticeSeeker1960
bbm

but she can't remember if she was or was not at home.....I got bashed for saying LA didn't give the best testimony he could have, not like he did in the beginning but, I knew something changed after CA's first testimony when ICA pitched her fit & after the stories were coming out....she didn't want her daughter to die, she didn't want the mistress on the stand, & she wanted to save LA & GA....so she made this decision on her own, imo.

adnoid
06-23-2011, 04:08 PM
As a former network admin, we used Exchange for e-mail and on it I had it set where there are time stamps when someone retrieves their e-mail from the server and it leaves an IP address where the e-mail was retrieved from. In other words, by the IP address, I can tell if the person was in the office or at home or somewhere else...

Exactly. Also - VPN connection?

rbrnmw2
If she worked in a hospital they have it. I work in one and our IT people can get on without our passwords. They have to be able to for all kinds of reasons. She lied about that too!

I worked security for a home health agency and passwords are private but IT can get them and email can be retrieved

TiaM
What if she didn't send or reply to any emails during that time period? It wouldn't prove she wasn't there.

Logins and logouts to her computer system. First thing most people do when they sit down at work each day.

Cell phone pings. (of course CA will say she switched phones with ICA for some weird reason)

Sun Pass records. (of course CA will say she switched cars with ICA for some reason)

Proof will be easy child's play for the State.

The rebuttal case will be awesome.

The jury will clearly see what is going on here.

ella971
No way inca is getting off.No matter what her Mom says. No way.Maybe not death but a very long time in jail.

LongtimeMedic
That would be awesome if they could prove she was lying about that. I think the jury has her number because LDB did a good cross but a smoking gun might get her behind bars. JMO

Or it may show that she isn't lying and the State fumbled the ball early on.

Florida Native
I am completely strung out. Sickened. Angry. No, furious! What about the doe-eyed little girl who didn't live to see her third birthday? Who was bagged up and thrown away by her mother and left to be EATEN? What about justice for Caylee??? I am just sick at heart. Someone, please tell me this will work out in the end!

I feel the same way. I am trying to put my faith in my God, LDB and JA.

Openmyeyes
Well, that was the longest run of sympathy I had for CA, EVER. Its over now and I am picking myself up, dusting myself off and get back on the theory that the entire family is in on a cover up pf this poor childs death.

Soulmagent
CA timecard shows she worked 10 hours on March 17, 2008! From 8:00am to 6:00pm. She worked 48.5 hours that week!!!!!!! Caught in a big lie.

Would have been better if it was 756 til 548

Because exacts make it plausible to believe an auto correct was done across the whole week.
My job did that for the whole week because I never clocked in but almost always worked the same exact hours. When I missed a day they paid me anyway due to the bookkeeper assuming it was the same.

watchinginky
Working for Caylee....

cluciano63
If the jury believe Cindy is lying, then they may believe they are all liars...that is my problem. So they may not believe George if he says he did not have an affair, and they may not believe he did not molest Casey...just saying, with Casey's prolific lying, they may start to believe it has a source and a reason...

bonjoviblonde
JB walking around like the cat that ate the canary. :sick:

OneLostGrl
IMHO This is all so twisted, maybe the whole family participated in the alledged abuse of Caylee. This is what Baez is claiming about KC's unusual upbringing.. Also reminds me of the comment KC said in jail to CA along the line "you don't KNOW what my involvement in this is" (not an exact quote)

This has been my position all along..

Amster

The special on NBC last night...or ABC...whatever....were the A's paid for new pics of Caylee?? Look at how many people are making a living off the blood of a 2 yr. old. :sick:

gibby207
A quote came to mind from The Color Purple: "Until you do right by me, everything you think about is gonna crumble.... until you do right by me, everything you think about is gonna fail."

Kenziema
I think this is an HR issue across America. Your employer CAN NOT make you falsify your time card. It is against the law.

A non-exempt employee is an hourly employee. Cindy is salaried i.e. exempt.

TexasDoll
06-23-2011, 04:09 PM
I wonder if CA had a badge to access her office/area. That would give some indication to know if she was there that day. She would have to go to the restroom, lunch, etc and badge in repeatedly throughout the day.

jeepgirlva
OMG! Just got back home and what did I step in? CA up to her old tricks again. I knew we couldn't believe her and that's why I didn't. We have been down this road how many times with CA/GA? I understand her caring about her daughter but to get on the stand and lie, someone please tell me how in the world is she showing that she cares anything about Caylee by her actions in court today.

Caylee who? she is more concerned with saving Casey's butt..:banghead:

Carolina Girl
SOOO, the stain was there when they bought the car...All those years, the car smelled like there had been "a dead body in the damn car"? They could not have given it to me..

ami
Did CA say she "definitely" sent an email from work or "she might have sent one" or something other than that?

She said she wasn't at work that afternoon at all. No mention of her work email beyond LDB asking if they saved it in an archive and CA going into a long story of how there wouldn't be any proof after all this time.

RR0004
Do we have Casey cell phone records for those dates...did she call her mother then?

FaerieB
Found it!!

From 2011.05.28:

"LDB: you testified you left for work on june 16th 2008 and worked a normal shift?

for a monday yes

LDB: did you talk to Casey at all on June 16th?

through out the day we left messages, as far as speaking with her I think we had a brief convo in the late after noon fourish maybe lasted a few seconds.

LDB: include her plans for that day?

she was going to spend the night as zanny's she knew she couldn't drop Caylee off at work with me...but on mondays are difficult I have a staff meeting and she told me she was going to take Caylee to zannys and she would crash when she got off work because she had an early day at work and that made sense to me. monday can be a late night depending what was going on but typically out by six on mondays."

Thanks to Chiquita71 for the transcription.

countzero
I think there may be some screamers in front of the house tonight, just a feeling.

Have no worries. ABC probably has a room(s) reserved for them at the Ritz with crab cakes and wine waiting for them when they arrive. :loser:

Mosby
I'm so hoping that there is still some of her former coworkers at Gentiva that can go back in their own email to see if there is anything in there from CA on that date/time.

Dr.Fessel

That is very big.

nomoresorrow
Sorry if this has been mentioned but March 17, 2008 was on a Monday. As I recall, that was Cindy's busy/late day at work. I hope the SA's show Cindy (and her daughter) that she is not above the law!

JusticeSeeker1960
I hope OCSO is ready for the weekend on Hopesprings Drive...

this was the GRINCH CA.......

Bon

I will drop to my knees and pray to God that you are right........

Tipstaff
06-23-2011, 04:10 PM
Heh. If we're this riled up, can you imagine what Uncle Rick is shouting at his TV right now????

Now we see why the A's have little or no family support. Remember GA's ex wife speaking about his lies?

Chilly Willy

OMG! So someone else was driving around in a car with a stain shaped like a toddler in the fetal position?? Must have been Zanny!!

They've always claimed there was a stain in the car when they bought it. As was just pointed out in the testimony, the new decomp stain is in a different place.

Joan (Canada)
I believe LDB was blindsided. At one point this morning I saw her get up and go down the aisle and speak to someone sitting in the gallery. I believe it was close to where the A's sit. Did anyone else notice that.

Gracelin
Leonard P sure called this one!!

wandering

source: http://hr.blr.com/HR-topics/Compensation/Time-Keeping/So she is throwing her employer under the bus, too.
:banghead:

Marina2
Both March 17 and 21 were Mondays. didn't CA say they had staff meetings on Mondays?
If anyone attended those staff meetings, CA would have. She was the nurse manager.

TotallyObsessed
TrialNotes Trial Notes

Exactly. If CA was still touting from the mountain tops that her precious was innocent, it would have looked suspicious today, right? These people are masterful deceivers and their sicko daughter came by it naturally. I believe in this case it was definitely NURTURE VS NATURE.

tieguy77
I'm sure this has been mentioned, but I find it odd that Cindy Anthony didn't even know what a "Browser" was, yet she knew enough to delete the search history......

pcrum12

Wouldn't the DT have to have opened that instead of the witness under cross examination from the PT? Not sure. Anyone?

rosepetal1065
Casey Anthony and the truth are strangers.
Cindy Anthony and the truth are strangers.
George Anthony and the truth are strangers.
Lee Anthony and the truth are strangers.

They are a family of lying, liars

strach304
I just LOVE LDB!!

So do I but she really needs to clean this mess up by exposing CA. No more Mr. Nice guy.

azwriter
For lying under oath on the stand today here's what should happen to Cindy. The jury will aquit ICA and she will go back and live with Cindy and George. Then Cindy will find out if it was worth lying for.
I am angry and in shock from this testimony.

jmo

jon_burrows
If CA can only access the system while at work, then any emails she sent that day would obviously have to have been written at work. But it's quite possible that she could be at work and not have written any emails.

It doesn't matter as long as they keep their backups. They will be able to tell when she logged on and when she logged off. If she saved one document, it would have a date stamp attached to that document.

IMO

Curious Me
Who is going to buy CA's book now? tsk, tsk

SoCalSleuth
Why would Cindy, a nurse, need to look up alcohol? She would already know whether or not it was harmful to a child. Puleeeze, her testimony denied belief, I wholly disagree with BS that it was a torpedo.

AquaEyes
I wonder if JA will do the rebuttal?

It was astounding to me how much CA looked and sounded just like ICA when she was testifying! So obviously lying and completely oblivious to the fact that others can TELL!

I'm sorry, if ICA were my daughter, I'd say what truth I had and if she got the DP, I would have to understand that she brought it on herself. Then I would focus on my son and his life. I would be finished with ICA.

Staggering, what just went on.

Aqua

pinkfly
06-23-2011, 04:11 PM
I am so glad I am here with you guys, my cyber family. I am feeling better now thanks to your logic and reasoning. Thank you all.

countzero
LOL, remember that time in a depo where CA said she hates liars. Linda came back with "I do too". Guessing CA has forgotten that little zinger.

Mountain_Kat

Honestly? No. But how she "appeared" to me is a moot point. What's rattling around in my head is the evidence. 84 searches on how to make chloroform? CA says she didn't make them. So who did? Isn't it somewhat curious that someone deleted an innocent search history for how to make chloroform? Why would CA do that? Well actually, I don't believe CA has the tech saavy to KNOW how to do that, if I'm being honest, but even if she did...why would she? All VERY strange.

Makes me wonder if CA suspected that ICA was chloroforming Caylee all along. Am I certain of that, no...but I am wondering.

Right now I have a ton of questions. No solid opinions. Yet.

Oakley
1395 viewing this thread presently. Hope I don't get locked out again!

Mulegirl

I don't think she did, but it's one of a number of ways to actually determine where she was physically located at any given date and time, along with cell phone pings, etc.

MsFacetious
I don't think Cindy did this because she is angry at George... she and George still came in close... just like they have been. I don't think this has anything to do with the "affair."

Which worries me FAR more... about what George will do when he is called to the stand. If they are still "united" then what if they are also united in their strategy in court...

jojomonkey
A quote came to mind from The Color Purple: "Until you do right by me, everything you think about is gonna crumble.... until you do right by me, everything you think about is gonna fail."

I love that scene! A true testament to the power of karma! If CA, GA, and LA don't do right by Caylee Marie, that is what they have to look forward to.

Poodleluver
I just posted this on the poll thread asking if you would lie for your child. I stepped out for 2 hours & came back to this. I really feel sick! I just couldn't type it again, so I copied & pasted:

What Cindy did on the stand today is the very reason she has to sit in a court of law to testify for her daughter on trial for killing her daughter & facing the death penalty.

dog.gone.cute
Remember : Last time CA was on the stand (not sure of date) CA mouthed "love you" to ICA ...

:waitasec: So today should be NO SURPRISE ...

We were given a warning ...

KenoshaKid
Can you imagine what the jury will think if CA gets proven wrong? She MUST be guilty if her mom is lying for her.

Steely Dan
Does anyone here believe for a second that a person can remember a "pop up ad" from 3 years ago? :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Anyone that has had a Youtube video as a popup please raise your hands. I use FF which keeps popups from showing up so I haven't and I don't believe CA should have either. JMO

GiantPickle
709 GUESTS!!! Wow!

Please join us here and register...the regulars don't bite, the water is fine, and we are a friendly bunch!

i bite....a little :croc:

sappysoul
06-23-2011, 04:12 PM

Wouldn't she need to sign a time sheet of some type to get paid? Although I've always worked salaried jobs we still need to turn in a record of hours worked, signed by a supervisor, in order to get paid.

MaryAnn
that is probably why ICA has that s*** eating grin on her face yesterday!!!!!!!!!

jojomonkey
What is happening in the court room now? Are they back from break?

kpalma715
Can the State still attempt to obtain more evidence from CA job if she was at work or not on those days?

ahoyhoy
Another person chiming in about corporate intranets...I work for a v. large bank, and every page we view, every application we use, EVERYTHING is date & time recorded. Same rules apply to health care----because of liability issues regarding unauthorized access to patient/customer personal info. We keep our visit info FOREVER.

Marina2

I had forgot about that testimony. CA suggested it could have been a gas can impression. And JB conveniently brings out the gas can and shows the jury it's basketball sized bottom ala GA's statement to FBI about the stain. :banghead:

Florida Native
Found it!!

From 2011.05.28:

"LDB: you testified you left for work on june 16th 2008 and worked a normal shift?

for a monday yes

through out the day we left messages, as far as speaking with her I think we had a brief convo in the late after noon fourish maybe lasted a few seconds.

she was going to spend the night as zanny's she knew she couldn't drop Caylee off at work with me...but on mondays are difficult I have a staff meeting and she told me she was going to take Caylee to zannys and she would crash when she got off work because she had an early day at work and that made sense to me. monday can be a late night depending what was going on but typically out by six on mondays."

Thank you! Thank you very much for finding this.

Rallihanna
HELP- what exactly did she testify to? And what did she lie about? I can't get thru all these pages...

TotallyObsessed

Yeah, right. I can just see OSCO hurrying over to the A's house to "help" them out. They'd be better off hiring Leonard P.

RoseTree
06-23-2011, 04:13 PM
I'm going to catch flack for this I'm sure but I find that while I am furious with CA for lying on the stand, I can also understand what has to be her overwhelming desire and need to protect the life of the child she gave birth to, no matter how flawed that child seems to be.

I am extremely angry with CA, but I also feel so sorry for her and what her evil daughter has done to her family.

It's hard to break the cycle. I wish that she could muster up the strength to be the grandma that she was initially in testimony.

jillybean
What makes me more sick to my stomach is knowing all the money Cindy is going to rak ein after this... She is going to be laughing her way to the bank!!!:banghead:

katydid23
If they aren't prepared for this, then they are not as competent as I had hoped they would be. To me the entire family has been very transparent in their lying.

Linda took a step back because she KNOWS she has some ammo she can bring forward still. She clued us in about the FB and Myspace and the passwords.

In the rebuttal phase they are going to blast Cindy outtta the water. They will have some proof from Gentiva, some computer forensics records and the actual time card for that day, info about the password, and maybe her cell ping records as well. LDB is smart for stepping down until she has all of that ready to 'show and tell' for the jury.imoo

Peepers McPeep
I actually just got done throwing up my lunch...I am crying and feeling heartsick. I do NOT want KC to get away with this, but I really, really want Cindy arrested for obstruction of justice, perjury, any damn thing they can get her on. I AM LIVID!

I've had to just walk away many times in the last few weeks.
I don't listen to the IS/HLN pundits any longer..
I dove into housework after CA wrapped up..
Try to step back, sweetheart.
This is going to get worse and we need to pace ourselves.

Quiche
HELP- what exactly did she testify to? And what did she lie about? I can't get thru all these pages...

Cindy claimed she was home from work on the day the chloroform searches were done, and she did them herself.

Patience
06-23-2011, 04:14 PM
Perjury can get you up to 15 years in prison apparently. Could CA be charged with perjury?

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-are-perjury-charges.htm
Perjury (http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-police-perjury.htm) charges are accusations brought against a person for knowingly making false statements after taking an oath to tell the truth. As a general rule, perjury charges are filed regarding a civil or criminal case in which the false statements materially impacted the investigation or the case at hand. The act of perjury is criminal in nature and is usually considered a felony (http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-a-felony.htm). If perjury charges are proven, the defendant (http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-a-defendant.htm) may face hefty fines as a perjury penalty. The defendant may also be sentenced to serious prison time up to 15 or more years in some cases.
In order to prove perjury charges, the prosecution usually needs to show that the defendant gave a false statement (http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-a-false-statement.htm) under oath. In addition, the prosecution must also demonstrate that the defendant knew the statement was false. Typically, the defendant must have lied about an issue that was material to the case. If a witness to a murder case lied about his or her birth date, for example, perjury would not have been committed because the birth date would have nothing to do with the murder. On the other hand, if the witness lied about finding the murder weapon, a perjury may have been committed.

JusticeSeeker1960
Remember : Last time CA was on the stand (not sure of date) CA mouthed "love you" to ICA ...

:waitasec: So today should be NO SURPRISE ...

We were given a warning ...

don't forget the finger pointing to cry that no one believed us on...

Mountain_Kat
Can you imagine what the jury will think if CA gets proven wrong? She MUST be guilty if her mom is lying for her.

If I were a juror and found out CA lied on the stand today, you better believe I would start looking at all the physical evidence CA might have covered up for her daughter.

Trubie
CA has made me so nervous I just ripped off my fingernails. Grrrrr..............

Aqua_Green_Bean
I had my jaw to the floor so I might have missed it - did anyone ask Cindy of Casey was home on the days of the computer searches? If they did and Cindy said Casey was home, I wonder if they can cross reference their cell phone records and see if they called each other during that time. If they were in the house at the same time there would be no reason to call.

sappysoul
Another person chiming in about corporate intranets...I work for a v. large bank, and every page we view, every application we use, EVERYTHING is date & time recorded. Same rules apply to health care----because of liability issues regarding unauthorized access to patient/customer personal info. We keep our visit info FOREVER.

And Cindy went into great detail about how no one else had her password.

Donjeta
Gosh the secrecy... If I was sitting in the jury I'd rather see complete documents than documents with pages ripped out with no explanation. Things in their context and so on.

Steely Dan

If that's true I will buy you a 2012 loaded Corvette. I couldn't afford to do that now but if I win the lottery in the interim I will.

cluciano63

She said she could have been home making those computer searches on those days...she said the car came with a stain in the trunk...those were the main things...

kathyn2
I am really upset that people can just get up on the witness stand and lie with no repercussions. I think the State is going ot have a hard time refuting Cindy's testimony. Doesn't sound like they did a very good job in her depositions if she mentioned the chloroform at that time.

gitana1
Been in meetings all day. What did cindy say?

jmfstl
Found it!!

From 2011.05.28:

for a monday yes

This is gold if in fact those dates LDB asked about are on Monday's.

gibby207
06-23-2011, 04:15 PM

Ditto. Too bad I'm not in FL....

rosepetal1065
Why would Cindy, a nurse, need to look up alcohol?She would already know whether or not it was harmful to a child. Puleeeze, her testimony denied belief, I wholly disagree with BS that it was a torpedo.

The other thing was she needed to look up neck breaking, for her friend? who had a injury? WTH?

akashana
How is anyone from her work expected to remember for sure a Friday afternoon more than three years ago? Something big and verifiable would have had to have happened on that day...

Not necessarily. The medical field fucntions are based on case notes, signatures, chain of command on lab results, etc. There should be multiple incidents of documentation of her activities on those days.

sophie01
This is total BS... when George was being interviewed by police and FBI.... he reacted as if the stain was something new.... why woiuld he make a point of it to lean down and smell and old stain. He talked about the stain as if it was a new thing. I am so mad right now I could spit !!! SPIT !! :maddening::maddening:

Eileen730
It seems to me the Anthony's like to wash and clean everything. GA washed all cars every week. If they purchased a car with stains GA would have drove himself nuts to get it clean and so would Cindy. Even to the point of replacing the carpet.

I believe they are all obsessive compulsive!!!!! JMO

SyraKelly
I believe LDB was blindsided. At one point this morning I saw her get up and go down the aisle and speak to someone sitting in the gallery. I believe it was close to where the A's sit. Did anyone else notice that.

I agree,she was seen talking to CA,then CA went and spoke to JB..SA was blindsided today!!

Kentjbkent
06-23-2011, 04:16 PM

Which time?

When she stated she searched for Chlorophyll???? (2009 depo)

Or when she stated she searched for Chloroform???? (today)

I am going to guess the latter since she actually SPELLED the first for LDB during the depo....so no language misinterpretation there?

TiaM
Yeah, but those fangs will NEVER come out against Cindy and George just watch.

She's always been very oddly protective of them.

Odd for her anyway - she's normally such a pit bull.

Charleyann
I believe it would have been in the States best interest if they had charged the Anthony's with perjury in the beginning and given them a taste of jail. Each time they prejured themself, they would have gotten more time?

By trial time, prejury would be numerous enough to warrant prison ?????

Charleyann:banghead:

grandmaj
This is not a devastating blow guys. First of all we have a client who it has been proven will lie walking all the way the Sheriff's Department doing it. Now we have a mother who testified that while her daughter was 7 months pregnant that she was retaining fluid and is an RN and didn't notice that baby bump.

Then we hear that this stain of decomposition was in the car when they bought it. Imagine the incredible bad luck of this family. They must have some sort of curse on them to have this happen to them. They have a daughter that lied, a granddaughter murdered and now this revelation that Cindy fraudulated her time card.

This jury is not dumb. Cindy had selective recall last time called by the State. Now she has this terrific recall and has come very close to perjury.

Give this jury the credit that they are due. Even if they don't know everything that we do, they will see the handwriting on the wall. This is a mother who was not credible and appeared to have make believe searches just like her daughter had make believe friends.

It will come in on rebuttal. There will be some document or some action on the computer of the company that will blow Cindy out of the water. And I wouldn't doubt that a search warrant for those files is pending as we speak. Plenty of time to show Cindy Anthony up for what she is.

:blowkiss: Big deep breath. :)

Mountain_Kat
Why would Cindy, a nurse, need to look up alcohol? She would already know whether or not it was harmful to a child. Puleeeze, her testimony denied belief, I wholly disagree with BS that it was a torpedo.

IF she did the searches for alcohol and acetone, my inclination is that she probably did so to find out what was in chloroform.

Not saying she DID those searches, mind you...just saying I can think of a very likely reason why she MIGHT search those things.

JMO

JusticeSeeker1960
Just thought of something, IF GA does follow CA's footsteps, then ICA won't have to take the stand....no?

LancelotLink

Link please??
Oops. Unless of course, you were referring to what LDB said.

sassy_texasbelle2
Just remember that some of CA's email at work would have to do with patient's medical records. They would have to keep these to cover their liability with (sp) Gentiva.

summerthyme
I have testimony airing again on WESH.

TotallyObsessed
I agree with the poster upthread who talked about CA's frumpiness when she testified that first day and subsequently thereafter. Look at her today. In full "Ritz" regalia. New haircut, touched up the botox, nice tan (from not working since 2008 and laying by the pool)......
WOW just WOW. My emotion is flat right now. It's like when I finally got over my ex.

Carolina Girl
I am really upset that people can just get up on the witness stand and lie with no repercussions. I think the State is going ot have a hard time refuting Cindy's testimony. Doesn't sound like they did a very good job in her depositions if she mentioned the chloroform at that time.

She did not say it. She lied today about that as well.

liltexans
Cindy claimed she was home from work on the day the chloroform searches were done, and she did them herself.

She also said the stain in the trunk was there when they bought the car.

LongtimeMedic
Perjury can get you up to 15 years in prison apparently. Could CA be charged with perjury?

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-are-perjury-charges.htm
Perjury (http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-police-perjury.htm) charges are accusations brought against a person for knowingly making false statements after taking an oath to tell the truth. As a general rule, perjury charges are filed regarding a civil or criminal case in which the false statements materially impacted the investigation or the case at hand. The act of perjury is criminal in nature and is usually considered a felony (http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-a-felony.htm). If perjury charges are proven, the defendant (http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-a-defendant.htm) may face hefty fines as a perjury penalty. The defendant may also be sentenced to serious prison time up to 15 or more years in some cases.
In order to prove perjury charges, the prosecution usually needs to show that the defendant gave a false statement (http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-a-false-statement.htm) under oath. In addition, the prosecution must also demonstrate that the defendant knew the statement was false. Typically, the defendant must have lied about an issue that was material to the case. If a witness to a murder case lied about his or her birth date, for example, perjury would not have been committed because the birth date would have nothing to do with the murder. On the other hand, if the witness lied about finding the murder weapon, a perjury may have been committed.

Can the LE IT Lady as well now if this witnesses said she did the exam and report?

The Farm
This is where I get disgruntled with out justice system. People lie, under oath or not.

It is just a crying shame and Caylee I am so sorry.

Eileen730
06-23-2011, 04:17 PM
This is total BS... when George was being interviewed by police and FBI.... he reacted as if the stain was something new.... why woiuld he make a point of it to lean down and smell and old stain. He talked about the stain as if it was a new thing. I am so mad right now I could spit !!! SPIT !! :maddening::maddening:

Stay calm they might just be helping to dig her a deeper hole!

TexasDoll
I can't wait to see a NBC special on exactly when the jurors decided to find her guilty. IMO - today will be a key day. I am confident that they see that CA is covering for ICA.

chicklet
They would have to have been repeatedly jumping up from the computer and the other one sitting down seconds later, one after another, continuously, for almost an hour. Does your family do that?

Yes, we do! I have two daughters who actually race to the desktop everytime I have to get up for anything, even if I'm going to be coming back in 30 seconds. One daughter is an adult and the other is 11 years old. It was even worse when both of my adult sons lived with us too.

TuffysMom

Having been involved in litigation, I'll pass on what my lawyer said:
"Both sides lie. It's up to the jury to determine which side is lying the least."

Kentjbkent
If I were a juror and found out CA lied on the stand today, you better believe I would start looking at all the physical evidence CA might have covered up for her daughter.

Ummmm....could you start with the pants????

Beyond Belief
interesting there were no LD tests in this case that i remember.

Poodleluver
that is probably why ICA has that s*** eating grin on her face yesterday!!!!!!!!!

And she seems to have a haughty look on her face now, like "neh neh neh neh neh told ya!" She looks even more shifty to me! IMO:anguish:

mistermissy

Her timecards from Gentiva were not falsified. The case docs show the copies of roughly the first quarter of 2008, and CA's timecard regularly shows more than 40 hours a week.

twall
If anyone missed CA's testimony or wants to watch it again Patty has it up on her YT channel, starts at 22:45-at least the first part is there, others will quickly follow. Click on the lettering in the bar at the top of the box to go to her channel page.

YouTube - &#x202a;1947Sierra's Channel&#x202c;&rlm;

TotallyObsessed
Linda took a step back because she KNOWS she has some ammo she can bring forward still. She clued us in about the FB and Myspace and the passwords.

In the rebuttal phase they are going to blast Cindy outtta the water. They will have some proof from Gentiva, some computer forensics records and the actual time card for that day, info about the password, and maybe her cell ping records as well. LDB is smart for stepping down until she has all of that ready to 'show and tell' for the jury.imoo

Yes and she made CA state on the record her lies today. They are documented and will be used in her impeachment and subsequent perjury trial.

zoey
06-23-2011, 04:18 PM
Anyone that has had a Youtube video as a popup please raise your hands. I use FF which keeps popups from showing up so I haven't and I don't believe CA should have either. JMO

Well she is on that special medication that has improve her memory. Unlike others who memory fades with time ca improves. Wish my mom with dementia had a few of those pills way back when

rwscull
Just got home. All I can say right now is OMG!!!

Aqua_Green_Bean
This is gold if in fact those dates LDB asked about are on Monday's.

Unfortunately, Cindy could always lie (surprise, surprise!) and say she didn't have staff meetings on Monday's in March, she had staff meetings on Monday's in June.

liltexans
trial is focusing on computer records and if day light saving time impacted the forensic work by investigators!
by kerrynbc via twitter at 3:17 PM

rosepetal1065
Been in meetings all day. What did cindy say?

What didn't she say, would be easier..she did the searches..for chloroform and neck breaking. She lied about being at work, when she was really at home on the day the searches were done...blah, blah, lie, blah lie, lie, lie. It was disgusting.

Melanie
LDB was pi$$ed! I say don't get mad, get even! I read CA's depo and the only search she admitted to was the chlorophyll. I'm speechless.

I remember that like yesterday. LDB asked her very kindly to write down what she searched for on a piece of paper, and asked her to spell her out. NOW we're hearing that the search led to chloroform, and a neck breaking pop up with a skate boarding video?

Even my son was watching it and saying "LIAR". He's quite computer savy and knows computers don't search on their own, and I've yet to have a neck breaking skateboarding video ever pop up on my computer.

Just my opinion only!

MOO

Mel