PDA

View Full Version : Kobe Civil Trial News

VespaElf
10-15-2004, 09:04 AM
I'm starting this as a thread to put all news related to the trial as the other threads are too cluttered!!!

Our first news item is this:
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,135530,00.html

No brainer her name would have to be listed in the court docs and Im surprised her lawyers really tried to keep it anoymous.

Im fine with the press still not using her name now but what happens *if* (i want say "when" but Im trying to be nice :D ) she loses the case? Will her name be used then?

VespaElf
10-19-2004, 10:02 AM
http://rockymountainnews.com/drmn/state/article/0,1299,DRMN_21_3258652,00.html

VespaElf
10-20-2004, 12:09 PM
http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/state/article/0,1299,DRMN_21_3266703,00.html

tezi
10-20-2004, 12:14 PM
Messiecake,

I wonder just how far this suit is going to go? Since Lin Wood is representing her, I would think he just wants a quick settlement and be done with the whole mess. Kind of like what he has done with the Ramseys!

VespaElf
10-20-2004, 04:45 PM
Tezi(are you finished your homework????:p)

If KB was gonna settle it wouldve happened already! I know AV supporters are claiming a settlement took place but I dont buy it! I think Linny has met his match w/ Mackey and Team Kobe and they are bound and determined to see this through and make sure EVERYTHING about this girl and the case gets out .
Since I belive Kobe is innocent of rape(while being guilty of being louse) Im glad theyre sticking to their guns!

Seeker
10-21-2004, 11:31 AM
Hey Tez, kind of ironic isn't it? 2 sets of Ramsey lawyers going head to head....

Jeana (DP)
10-24-2004, 12:16 PM
I don't see this case going to trial. Don't forget that they can settle at any time, they can walk into court the first day of the trial and settle before they begin. It wouldn't necessarily have happened already. There has already been quite a bit of discovery conducted in this case, but they need time to review it all and gather more evidence and try and coordinate witnesses depositions, expert discovery, and more. We've only just begun people. Welcome to the wonderful world of litigation!!

VespaElf
11-06-2004, 11:27 AM
A month after a woman accused NBA star Kobe Bryant (search) of rape, she told friends she was considering suing him in civil court and wanted to buy breast augmentation surgery and a koala bear with any award money, according to court documents released Friday.............

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,137789,00.html

Rag Doll 02
11-06-2004, 03:30 PM
Oh to once again be so young and dumb to think that all lifes greatest rewards could be answered with a boob job !!

While it is becoming more solidly my opinion that this girl is an empty headed twit in dire need of growing up, I am still having trouble feeling any sympathy for Kobe.

What was he thinking to put himself in this position ?? He could be looking at much more serious consequences. The girl could have gotten pregnant -- surely he must know there are girls out there that plan such things ---or he could have taken home a disease to his family. For his sake, I hope the end payoff is enough to get his attention. As for the girl, well at least a new rack wont get her killed the way a new sports car would with such a ditz for a driver !! I'll be glad when this case is put to rest. I am ashamed of myself for having any interest in the lives of two obviously self serving selfish people.

Only my opinion..

VespaElf
11-07-2004, 10:24 AM
I think this LA Times article is of interest as it's quite telling in regards to Lin "Yes I am Pond Scum" Wood and his client a/k/a "The Kobe Bryant Complaining Witness" and how he operates(esp.how he was behind her withdrawing from Day 1)
The Case Against Kobe Bryant Unraveled in a Mock Trial
Los Angeles Times: http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp...-home-headlines

Here's some choice portions:

Furious with Easter, Wood cornered Bakke outside and said: "She's your witness, but she's my client. I control her."

Wood had wanted the accuser to withdraw since he had joined her legal team in early July..........................

In response, chief defense lawyer Hal Haddon told Ruckriegle the comment was "a transparent and truly outrageous attempt to influence the court" — alluding to the fact that the judge would soon rule on whether the woman's sexual history was admissible........................

Wood and Clune flew to New York for a round of television appearances, bashing Ruckriegle and saying that the woman might pull out of the criminal case. On Aug. 10, they filed a civil suit................

Filing a civil suit while a criminal case is pending enables the defense to tell the jury that the accuser is motivated by money, damaging the credibility of the accuser. Mackey even planned to play tapes of Wood and Clune's television appearances to the jury.....................

Wood's high-profile tactics created a stir. At the request of Bryant's lawyers, Ruckriegle issued a sweeping gag order, saying Wood and Clune had commented improperly on the merits of the case and on Bryant's character............

But Wood had not wavered from his initial impression that avoiding a criminal trial was in his client's best interest............

Wood was incensed over what he viewed as the failure of prosecutors to prepare the woman, saying she did not seem familiar even with her own statements to police...........

Forensic pathologist Michael Baden: Dropped as a prosecution witness when he could not establish that sex between Bryant and the accuser was nonconsensual........................

Hhmmmm she wasn't "prepared "for trial? Her own lawyer thought she was "unfamiliar" with her statement to L/E? How could that be? when you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything-correct?

VespaElf
11-07-2004, 03:22 PM
Defendant presents the Affidavit of Laura Stewart, a suitemate of the alleged victim at the Unviersity of Northern Colorado, Who asserts that (redacted) was a frequent user of illegal drugs, including cocaine, prior to her encounter with Kobe Bryant. In the Fall of 2003, she told me she was in rehab the (redacted) because she had had problems with drugs.".............................

http://www.courts.state.co.us/exec/...e/11-04/653.pdf

Now why of this is of interest? Wellllll The "Complaining Witness" neglected to mention this to the CVAB (Colorado Victim's Assistant Board) who awarded her,before any trial or conviction,thousands of dollars and a free trip to a plush re-hab .Now the man responsible for this is Joe Flannigan who job is approving the CVA funds for distribution or not and He did so with incomplete paperwork on pre existing conditions(her drug addiction and mental illness) and allowed the "complaining witness" to blow off pre approved therapy sessions and then still allowed her another $17,000 for therapy at a drug rehab which is against their rules .
Why did this happen? Maybe because Joe Fannigan is the HUSBAND of Krista Flannigan who is a PAID spokesperson for the D.A's office??? Can you say CONFLICT OF INTEREST?????

Here's another "oopsy" from Hurlbert:
He filed a motion that stated Dr. Baden didn't have any exculpatory evidence.

http://www.courts.state.co.us/exec/...e/11-04/754.pdf

Yet good Dr.Baden stated otherwise in an interview.

I said all along LE and the D.A saw a "hollywood case" and created a case made by the "complaining witness"'s lies.

VespaElf
11-07-2004, 03:24 PM
http://rockymountainnews.com/drmn/s...3309470,00.html

On the first day of jury selection in the Kobe Bryant sexual assault case, the judge issued a sealed ruling that legal experts now say dealt a serious blow to the already troubled prosecution case.

Four days later, the rape charge against Bryant was dismissed when Eagle District Attorney Mark Hurlbert announced the alleged victim no longer wished to go forward.

The ruling, pertaining to defense efforts to identify a "Mr. X" whose DNA was found on the young woman at her examination by rape nurses, was revealed in more than 40 previously sealed documents from the case that were made public Friday.

"The documents reveal that the stage was set for a quick acquittal," Denver defense lawyer and legal analyst Scott Robinson said. "Prosecutors suffered a number of serious setbacks in the last few weeks before trial.

VespaElf
11-07-2004, 03:29 PM
Posted twice-Sorry!

VespaElf
11-07-2004, 03:32 PM
http://www.courts.state.co.us/exec/...e/11-04/689.pdf

She made up an elaborate tale of pulling over the car, and having to wait while it cooled.

But she was making the whole thing up. And it all unravelled when Mandy Ross explained it wasn't even her car they were driving! The "Complaining Witness" LIED on the stand during the pre-trial about this! Why lie?
Doesn't she know when you get caught lying about "little " things it casts doubt on "big" things??? Like claiming you're not out for money when you then want $$ for YOUR pictures?Like this:"Kylie stated that she remembered (the young woman) saying she wanted money from the sale of the pictures," Altwies wrote in her report of the interview conducted Aug. 26, the day before jury selection began. "Kylie said that it appeared (the young woman) was hurt by the photos, but as they talked that evening, she just kind of laughed it off and said she wanted money for the photos, too."

http://www.vaildaily.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20041008/NEWS/110080015

Seeker
11-08-2004, 02:23 PM
Good going Messie! You're pulling in the articles, now hopefully when the civil trial is dismissed we'll all get to see what other lies and distortions Kate Faber and her pals made up. You know the ones...the ones she went to the DA and admitted to and that they redacted when they filed the amendments!

I waited for over a year and did a lot of research before making any coments about this accuser. I hope those who slammed us for saying we questioned her motives will see what we see. Someone who was out to make a name and money for herself by making a false allegation and trying to ruin someone's reputation....because he had money.

Hopefully this has made him quit cheating on his wife! I hope this has made a lot of other men take notice and it keeps them from cheating on their wives as well.

VespaElf
11-08-2004, 02:49 PM
Good going Messie! You're pulling in the articles, now hopefully when the civil trial is dismissed we'll all get to see what other lies and distortions Kate Faber and her pals made up. You know the ones...the ones she went to the DA and admitted to and that they redacted when they filed the amendments!

I waited for over a year and did a lot of research before making any coments about this accuser. I hope those who slammed us for saying we questioned her motives will see what we see. Someone who was out to make a name and money for herself by making a false allegation and trying to ruin someone's reputation....because he had money.

Hopefully this has made him quit cheating on his wife! I hope this has made a lot of other men take notice and it keeps them from cheating on their wives as well.

Oh Im so on top of this!It's been a pain slogging through the Court Docs and I haven't posted everything........not by a long shot(her mental instability is refered to in numerous places throught) but the best is yet to come like the TEXT MESSAGES!!!
Sadly I don't think it will change some of her supporter's minds but you never know!! I mean can you belive she wanted money for her pics?? How can that not make someone sit up and go "huh!?!"The damage this woman has caused rape victims and our court system is terrifying and SHOULD have people upset!
I also cant belive the tax payers arent up in arms over the obvious misconduct on the part of the state(taxpayers paid for their "hang man" shirts as well as all that $$$ to the "Fate Kaber")

I think Kobe will certainly keep his pants on -let's hope it catches on!!!!

Seeker
11-08-2004, 04:53 PM
story here (http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-bryant6nov06,0,7269849.story?coll=la-home-sports)

snip

They wanted to gauge how their chief witness would hold up under hostile cross-examination.

The answer: Disastrously.

snip

The woman crumbled, and seven days later so did the criminal case against Bryant, superstar guard of the Los Angeles Lakers and one of the nation's wealthiest and most celebrated sports figures.

blueclouds
11-08-2004, 08:19 PM
GEE, THE GOLD DIGGER WANTS TO GO TO CALIFORNIA TO SUE AS COLORADO HAS "TIGHTER" RESTRICTIONS TO FINANCIAL SETTLEMENTS. Wonder how she feels being such a high paying......... girl.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,137943,00.html

VespaElf
11-09-2004, 10:41 AM
GEE, THE GOLD DIGGER WANTS TO GO TO CALIFORNIA TO SUE AS COLORADO HAS "TIGHTER" RESTRICTIONS TO FINANCIAL SETTLEMENTS. Wonder how she feels being such a high paying......... girl.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,137943,00.html
Wonder who planted that in her mind? Could it be Lin Wood?????
:rolleyes:

Seeker
11-09-2004, 02:31 PM
Messie, did you see this one (http://www.thedenverchannel.com/kobebryanttrial/3896576/detail.html)?

snip

A month after a woman accused NBA star Kobe Bryant of rape, she told friends she was considering suing him in civil court and was making plans to spend the money on breast augmentation surgery and other luxuries, according to court documents released Friday.

snip

The documents said the woman received benefits worth $20,000, the limit under state law, for lost wages and mental health care. They confirm that her father spent $29,500 for a five-week inpatient stay at an unidentified hospital.

Defense attorneys said the woman misrepresented or omitted information she had to provide to the compensation board and the records would help prove it.

In other documents, the defense argued for the ability to tell jurors that Matt Herr, a former boyfriend of the woman, had refused to provide a DNA sample to compare to evidence found on her body and clothing after the alleged assault.

VespaElf
11-17-2004, 08:53 AM
This was sent to me from a poster at CTV...............

Are there more money troubles for the accuser's family? Is this what is spurring the interest in the civil case and maximizing their returns? If you know a person's last name, you can do a search for documents at the Eagle County Clerk and Recorder's website. One interesting one I found was a Transcript of Judgment dated 10/12/04 in which a person with the accuser's mom's name seems to be paying money to bankruptcy lawyers. Can someone who knows more about what kind of "judgment" this could be please explain.

The payment of $7,806.01 is to lawyers at the firm of
Farrell & Seldin apparently.

On their website it says: "We focus on the areas of collection, bankruptcy, repossession, and foreclosure."

Maybe they were being paid for "collection" services. Who knows? But why would there need to be a judgment at all? Was there some dispute over the payment?

Jeana (DP)
11-17-2004, 10:52 AM
Without know any of the specifics, Messie, the best I can tell you is that they were filing for bankruptcy protection and these are the fees their attorney charged them in order to have their other qualified debts discharged.

If you're in the right courthouse with a cause number (or name if its not too common), you should be able to view public records. Some courts have these records available on their website and some do not.

Seeker
11-18-2004, 04:55 PM
From a reliable source:

A transcript of a taped conversation between Kate Faber and one of her friends, that shows she lied about her claims regarding Kobe Bryant, will be released shortly.

VespaElf
11-18-2004, 06:09 PM
From a reliable source:

A transcript of a taped conversation between Kate Faber and one of her friends, that shows she lied about her claims regarding Kobe Bryant, will be released shortly.
Well there goes Lin Wood's civil case! Guess he'll go back to extorting money on behalf of the Ramsey's again!

What really troubles me though is even if this tape is released certain nut cases STILL will refuse to belive she lied and Kobe is innocent of rape! :banghead:

Bobbisangel
11-28-2004, 02:48 AM
I don't know for sure what happened in that hotel room between Kobe Bryant and the female. I do know that I detest Pam McKay. I think she is a female Mark Garagross and brings shame to female defense attorneys. If anyone set back women coming forward to report rape it was Pam McKay.

I don't blame the female at all for refusing to testify. Her name was supposed to be unspoken yet Pam McKay said her name at least 10 times in open court in one day. The judge just sat there like a stump. Transcripts that were not to go to anyone except the attornies get faxed to the reporters....not once but three times. A mistake....I really doubt it. The judge just sat there like a stump. I hope this gal goes after every penny that she can get and wins the civil case.

I've listened to some of the females so called friends on different programs and personally I think they just want their 2 mins of fame. When something like this happens "friends" seem to sprout out of the woodwork. Everybody and their dog "knew her when."

I don't have any respect for Kobe Bryant and I don't think that he is the wonderful guy that he wants everyone to think he is. When he gave his news conference he forgot to tell his wife that he cheats whenever he is on the road. I think these ballplayers ego gets so big that they can't believe anyone would say "no" to them. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

I read about one of Pam McKays cases.....a mother held a pillow over her little girl's face and smothered her to death. Pam got the mother off. I'll never understand that. That mother should have rotted in prison.

Sprocket
11-28-2004, 03:00 AM
From a reliable source:

Can somebody say... BORDERLINE? :D

jmho, of course.

dani
12-07-2004, 04:10 AM
Kobe Bryant lawyers want his sexual past *off limits*.

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/NewsStory.aspx?section=Sports&OID=64665

VespaElf
01-07-2005, 01:38 PM
I cant belive theres been nary a peep about this debacle!!!!

Jeana (DP)
01-07-2005, 01:52 PM
Kobe Bryant lawyers want his sexual past *off limits*.

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/NewsStory.aspx?section=Sports&OID=64665

Well since he's getting a divorce now anyway, who cares?? Unless, of course, he's been messing with teammates wives!!!

SoloFlyer
01-07-2005, 03:33 PM
oops I think I stumbled into the "nasty women that think all women are equally nasty" thread. So what if she wants to be paid for having sex with kobe? His wife got paid in SPADES.

While you are digging up the dirt here why not dig up kobe's history of drug use and his propensity to have his way with sexually with anyone or ANYTHING he sees fit? I doubt that would fit into your unfounded belief that kobe is a decent person.

:bang:

Jeana (DP)
01-07-2005, 04:02 PM
oops I think I stumbled into the "nasty women that think all women are equally nasty" thread. So what if she wants to be paid for having sex with kobe? His wife got paid in SPADES.

While you are digging up the dirt here why not dig up kobe's history of drug use and his propensity to have his way with sexually with anyone or ANYTHING he sees fit? I doubt that would fit into your unfounded belief that kobe is a decent person.

For the record, I think prostitution should be legal. That's not what happened here. And, by the way, we're not "nasty women." Thank you very much. No wonder you're a "solo flyer," you don't know how to talk to women!! :confused:

Anyway, if she wanted to just get paid, she could have done what the Bill O'Reilly plaintiff did.

dani
01-09-2005, 01:13 AM

You can either STUMBLE on out the door if you don't like the thread, or you can post links, if you have any, to the libelous charges you leveled against KB. If you do, in fact, have related links…this would be the place to post 'em.

As for KB gifts to his wife, do you think he should have tried salvaging the marriage with a toaster oven?

BTW…we're here to discuss, not insult. :snooty:

SoloFlyer
01-09-2005, 08:35 AM
No wonder you're a "solo flyer," you don't know how to talk to women!! :confused:

A personal attack from a mod, how unique?

Actually I am SoloFlyer because the day I registered was the my first solo flight. Why is it ok to attack this victim but not others? And if anyone would like to post the medical reports of this victims "drug use" I will post Kobe's.

SoloFlyer
01-09-2005, 08:40 AM
You can either STUMBLE on out the door if you don't like the thread, or you can post links, if you have any, to the libelous charges you leveled against KB. If you do, in fact, have related links…this would be the place to post 'em.

As for KB gifts to his wife, do you think he should have tried salvaging the marriage with a toaster oven?

BTW…we're here to discuss, not insult. :snooty:

Why is it libel when it is said against kobe but not the victim? If you post the medical records of the victim's "drug treatment" I will happily post kobe's. Until then it is all speculation.
For kobe fans it is fact when the kobespinteam makes unleveled accusations at his victim but libel when someone responds in kind? Is kobe so special that he is the only one that can be libelled?

Pepper
01-09-2005, 11:55 AM
Well since he's getting a divorce now anyway, who cares?? Unless, of course, he's been messing with teammates wives!!!Kobe's getting a divorce? Hadn't heard that. Do you have a link? I heard that she is really a piece of work - makes all kinds of demands when she attends his games, and is not well-liked by other wives and teammates.

Wonder if Kobe has learned his lesson about groupies and "free" sex? This might have been the most expensive piece of a$$ in recorded history! The man should have hired a prostitute.

dani
01-10-2005, 02:31 AM
Kobe's getting a divorce? Hadn't heard that. Do you have a link? I heard that she is really a piece of work - makes all kinds of demands when she attends his games, and is not well-liked by other wives and teammates.

Wonder if Kobe has learned his lesson about groupies and "free" sex? This might have been the most expensive piece of a$$ in recorded history! The man should have hired a prostitute.

I did read that Kobe was filing for divorce, but it was in the NE. However they were pretty accurate for the SP trial.

Yes, there is a quality about Vanessa that makes it easy to believe the other wives would not want to *do lunch* with her. She's gorgeous and she knows it.

I have to admit, I lost a lot of respect for Kobe during this ordeal. (The Lakers are my team. What's left of them, anyway.)

Jeana (DP)
01-10-2005, 09:49 AM
A personal attack from a mod, how unique?

Actually I am SoloFlyer because the day I registered was the my first solo flight. Why is it ok to attack this victim but not others? And if anyone would like to post the medical reports of this victims "drug use" I will post Kobe's.

You called all of the female posters on this thread "nasty," so get over it. You can dish it out, but you can't take it? Typical! :cool:

Sprocket
01-10-2005, 11:10 AM

:bang: There are people who have a different opinion than you about this event. I think the bigger question is, why does that (people haing a different perspective than you, about the 'accusesr') upset you to the extent that you feel compelled to post something like this?

VespaElf
01-10-2005, 12:46 PM
http://courttv.com/trials/bryant/011005_lawsuit_ap.html

It seems Lin wants to speed up the Civil trial ...........Guess since his Ramsey/Fox suit got thrown out he's looking for a quick payday!

Solo: Please do post your documents as Ive never heard any mention of them anywhere ,at any time during any of this unless of course we're just too nasty for you to stand! :cool:

Jeana (DP)
01-10-2005, 01:13 PM
http://courttv.com/trials/bryant/011005_lawsuit_ap.html

It seems Lin wants to speed up the Civil trial ...........Guess since his Ramsey/Fox suit got thrown out he's looking for a quick payday!

Solo: Please do post your documents as Ive never heard any mention of them anywhere ,at any time during any of this unless of course we're just too nasty for you to stand! :cool:

Hey there Nastygirl!!!!! (Isn't there a song by that name??) :crazy: Anyway, I'm glad to see that this is finally getting underway! Should be pretty juicy!

SoloFlyer
01-10-2005, 04:49 PM

As soon as you post the victims I will be thrilled to. And why are you so bitter? Every post in this thread less mine are attacks on a victim. Something websleuths claims not to allow. I guess it is OK if the mod wants to thrash a victim then everyone is expected to follow suit. Sorry I am not a follower. I have my own thoughts and opinions and do not count on the mods here to tell me how to think. Honestly, they are no smarter than the rest of us.

peggy
01-10-2005, 07:31 PM
As soon as you post the victims I will be thrilled to. And why are you so bitter? Every post in this thread less mine are attacks on a victim. Something websleuths claims not to allow. I guess it is OK if the mod wants to thrash a victim then everyone is expected to follow suit. Sorry I am not a follower. I have my own thoughts and opinions and do not count on the mods here to tell me how to think. Honestly, they are no smarter than the rest of us.

Hey SoloFlyer, you aren't flying alone, for myself, can't stand Kobe and think accuser has been trashed too much -

SoloFlyer
01-10-2005, 08:21 PM
Hey SoloFlyer, you aren't flying alone, for myself, can't stand Kobe and think accuser has been trashed too much -

Thanks it's nice to have a little company. :clap: