PDA

View Full Version : 2011.06.23 Cindy's Testimony

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

GeekyGirl
06-23-2011, 08:26 PM
In her earlier June testimony she said she was in an administrative position, doing Cumadin trials. But the computer would still tell if she were there or not.

Am I looking at the right company? The only references I can find to Gentiva and health care is a home health and hospice service provider...

lynxofsd
06-23-2011, 08:26 PM
...[CA] claimed her searches regarding the lethargic dog started with "Chlorophyll." Who the heck would even think of that affecting a dog, much less being the first search term? Way too specific.

That *is* ridiculous.

dog.gone.cute
06-23-2011, 08:27 PM
If I remember correctly, Cindy testified that she is on disability.

Does anyone know if she is on "disability" or "leave" from her employment with Gentiva, who she "threw under the bus" today ?

Or -- is she on disability from government ?

:waitasec: Wouldn't you have like to have been a "fly on the wall" at the Gentiva office today when Cindy "spewed" out her web of lies about the company ?

countzero
06-23-2011, 08:28 PM
I am now convinced that CA has played both sides of the court. I don't believe Linda truly trusted CA, but enough to the point that she warned Littman of what the DT OS was about. Linda also was gentle on CA, letting her get the story out of ICA's disappearing act.

I don't believe Linda, Jeff or Frank ever imagined CA would turn on a dime and support ICA the way she did in her lies. And Linda's emotions reflected her shock with CA this afternoon. And JB, well he is eating his steak tonight without any indigestion from todays trial session.

What really has me concerned is this: Out of some strange scenario, stranger than the ones we have witnessed to date, will the Anthony's all fall on their reputations to save ICA? Will it come to the point they each claim to have witnessed Caylee's passing during the hours 11pm-6am 6.15-16.2008. This is the only time they all were home, together. Was Caylee still alive during these hours? No, I am not asking for replies, just setting up a scenario where anything is possible. We have witnessed it today. Or will the Anthony's turn on ICA during rebuttal?

As for CA getting a jail cell next to ICA. Naw let her live in the public's eye in humiliation of birthing, raising and training an accused murderer and convicted felon.

Softail
:lol: Kathi Belich says the way Cindy was going on and on today, made her sound like Casey!

http://www.wftv.com/video/28339316/index.html

Robinez
I'll vote for great big LIAR and I wouldn't be surprised if she stole from her employer. Maybe that's why she doesn't have a job anymore.

Lying about hrs worked IS stealing from an employer. We already knew that she was a liar, just like her daughter. Now, we may have learned that she is a thief too. Just like her daughter.

I have always had a special place for CA. I still have a special place for her. Although now the PLACE has changed.

TC, Robin

denmock
This is something I just read on another forum. Anyone???

"Just repeating what I said before - I think Cindy undid any harm when she denied she made the "how to make chloroform search and the "how to make household weapons"
Now here's a big thing though. When I cam across casey's stumbleupon account, I went on the sites she had looked at. One of them led me to the sci-bot site or whatever it was called - the site they talked about today. I have been trying for a year to replicate what i did before, but haven't had any luck - but if someone wants to tell Ashton that they can trace casey as the user of that site if they look at her stumbleupon account history, be my guest. At least that would prove it was casey and not Cindy for those searches.
BTW, for those that don't know what stumbleupon is, it's a site that suggests sights you might like. Ricardo had an account too."

ZsaZsa
06-23-2011, 08:29 PM
I hope they do go after her! The lies she is getting away with deserve some consequences and punishment. This whole family has been getting away with so much for so long it's just unbelievable!:maddening:

I'm hoping her supervisor, Debbie Polisano will be on the hot line phone to the SA tonight..

Jav
I googled bamboo....nowhere on any of the pages does it prompt me to go to chlorophyll. I googled chlorophyll....nowhere does it prompt me to go to chloroform. It does come up at the bottom of the page with a host of other words. I googled chloroform. Nowhere does it prompt me to the "how to make chloroform", nor does it mention bamboo or chlorophyll.

In addition, Cindy made note that she would come home and Casey would be on the computer and she would ask to use the computer. WHY was Casey at home on both of those days if they were under the impression that Casey had a job? Wouldn't that have been suspicious to Cindy?

I think I would at least ACT like I was going to file charges on Cindy for perjury. I know she doesn't want her daughter to get the death penalty but she doesn't have to go that far. Now she (Cindy) has lost any support that she previously had. How sad for Caylee.

Jstc4caylee
Am I looking at the right company? The only references I can find to Gentiva and health care is a home health and hospice service provider...

I think so, I believe she was with a home health care company.

Jav
06-23-2011, 08:30 PM
What day in March did she say she did those searches?

17th and 21st.

Softail

:yes: Gentiva is home health.

http://www.gentiva.com/

dani
Are you saying George did not drive the car and Casey's friend never used the computer? How do you know these things?

As for GA never driving the car, I have no clue. But, KioMarie told us she was Casey's best friend as a child and she was not allowed in Casey's home. We know Amy H. was never there. Her 1st contact w/CA was when she guided CA to Tony's on July 15th, 2008. And, except for whomever Casey was sleeping with at the moment, all the rest of her friends were imaginary and had little use for a computer. :crazy:

celticthyme
What day in March did she say she did those searches?
The dates they brought in were March 17th and 21st. The Anthony's liked to celebrate st Patrick's day, and I think Casey's birthday is on the 19th.

little lulu
If the dogs were acting sleepy, maybe Casey was testing her home brew of chloroform on them. And as someone mentioned above, why not look up...adverse effects of Bamboo on animals.

~n/t~

Does anyone know if she is on "disability" or "leave" from her employment with Gentiva, who she "threw under the bus" today ?

:waitasec: Wouldn't you have like to have been a "fly on the wall" at the Gentiva office today when Cindy "spewed" out her web of lies about the company ?

Good grief. She made it sound like she was an owner and she could come and go whenever she wanted. Take days off whenever she wanted to. Geeeez, maybe I should apply. WTH? I'll work 2 days and get 5 days off. Who will know?:crazy:

Omachka
On a company intranet server, the likelihood that all her information (not directly pertaining to a Pt) has long since been overwritten on the HDD's. What reason would they have to retain any non-work product that she didn't already hand off to others when she left?

Payroll will even be hard to prove when she was actually there or not, I doubt the DT went into this without making sure they weren't exposing their flank.

It's possible her supervisor will have records and know whether or not she was in her weekly meeting on that Monday though. I am not real positive but isn't she already on the State's witness list since she was there the day CA and GA retrieved the car and she came in describing the smell?

CharlestonGal
Poor, sweet little Caylee. She never had a chance after being born into this family, even had she lived. Being raised by CA and ICA would have ensured her turning out just as twisted and dysfunctional as they are. The pathology displayed by these two women is awesome to behold and any small, impressionable child exposed to those two day in and day out for years was doomed in many many ways right from the start. Caylee may have stood a chance had GA or LA been willing to fight for her, but neither of them had the spine (or the interest) to protect ICA from CA, and then Caylee from ICA and CA both.

Any woman thinking of having children with LA had better think long and hard about it and do it only on 2 conditions: (1) Move to Australia and cut all ties with CA and GA, and (2) many years of therapy and parenting classes for LA. No one in that family should be allowed around children, much less raising any.

My personal opinion, as always.

PMLsmom
06-23-2011, 08:31 PM
Bold mine

I get your point, as a follower of true crime, some of my internet searches might raise an eyebrow or two. However.......wouldn't it depend on why you end up on the wrong side of a courtroom?. For instance, if you claim your child was kidnapped, lie your ass off to LE, invent assorted phantom characters, your internet searches might be worth investigation. If later your child is found with duct tape across her what's left of her face, in a littered swamp , stuffed in a laundry bag. your car smells like human decomposition, and is found to have chloroform on its trunk liner, maybe those previous internet searches could be seen as fair game...........as opposed to merely the pursuit of knowledge. :rolleyes:

Thanks just wasn't good enough...:rocker: :clap:

Oakley
I'd love to understand how CA got sucked into doing this..did Baez ring her up and say if you do this KC will come home and have another baby "for you"???? Seriously! How did Baez get her to do this? I thought she was going to "just seek the truth" and I thought she was in George's corner! What the H*ll happened!???

This has been planned all along IMO. My :twocents:

grandmaj
:lol: Kathi Belich says the way Cindy was going on and on today, made her sound like Casey!

http://www.wftv.com/video/28339316/index.html

Exactly. The mother of the defendant who it has been testified to and admitted by her own counsel lied, is on the stand acting just like her daughter. That is why LDB didn't ask her anymore. These jurors saw the dynamics of the Anthony household today. Lie and when it doesn't work just make up a new story.

ZsaZsa

Her employer disability policy would have ended at two years.At that point she has to get a job or apply for SS Disability.
No,she is not working for a living...

~n/t~
06-23-2011, 08:32 PM
As for GA never driving the car, I have no clue. But, KioMarie told us she was Casey's best friend as a child and she was not allowed in Casey's home. We know Amy H. was never there. Her 1st contact w/CA was when she guided CA to Tony's on July 15th, 2008. And, except for whomever Casey was sleeping with at the moment, all the rest of her friends were imaginary and had little use for a computer. :crazy:

I'm sure the jury is wondering the same thing. What friends? Her imaginary ones? The ones we heard about that don't exist? :floorlaugh:

QuietStorm
06-23-2011, 08:33 PM
Any health care facility would have a. regular internet b. ability to look up any medical condition.

Not to mention the MSDS on hand sanitizer since they have it at their facilties.

nephers
06-23-2011, 08:34 PM

This is a very good question. If CA is on any sort of leave of absence or disability through work, they would still have her listed as an employee and her records would still be there. Even if she isn't still an employee, I would think emails pertaining to patients would still be on file. I would hate to think if one employee left my doctors office that anything the worker had to do with my file would be deleted since he/she no longer worked there. I know with HIPPA laws it could be tricky to get this info but I would think it's possible.

gitana1
06-23-2011, 08:35 PM
gee this has been asked a million times.. if the searches were so innocent why DELETE them? just specifically those searches and no others?

Good question. Was it asked in cross?

Probably will be in the rebuttal case.

Usually in rebuttal, the state will present witnesses who can disprove what the defense tried to state. It is uncommon to put a defense witness back on the stand and do the job you should have done in cross examination, during a rebuttal.

I fear that the state has missed some opportunities in this case. They are still very solid, IMO, and have presented a good case. But, I like perfection.

I am not a nurse, but I DO work in the pharmaceutical industry. My mother is a nurse and I don't think we would have to look up to find out if these chemicals are harmful to a toddler. The answer is....uh, yes. What nurse would not know that? And if she was in doubt...(yeah right, but lets play along) then the answer is on the back of the bottle. "DO NOT CONSUME, KEEP OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN, IF ACCIDENTIAL CONSUMPTION SEEK MEDICAL ATTENTION IMEDIATELY"

What grandmother, mother, let alone NURSE would not know to keep these chemicals out of reach of a toddler and pets? Really?

Was this brought up in cross? Again, this would be something not to miss.

I'm inclined to agree with you. CA totally caught her off guard today, and LDB was obviously angry, then realized to wait, cooler heads prevail... She's going to come back with some hard questions about those searches, remember when she asked about the myspace, photobucket, and FB account's? She was laying the foundation to come back and make her eat some humble pie later when she brings into evidence how the searches were conducted, moments between those sites (CA had none, ICA has all three). trust me on this one, LDB was taken off guard but had enough sense to give CA lottsa rope for later, IMO.....

I keep hearing this but like I said, LDB's chance to get CA was during cross. I think it is unlikely that she will recall CA and then ask her questions she should have during cross examination. She can bring in other witnesses, like co-workers, supervisors, etc, to show she was actually at work and not home when the terms were searched and that should help but I get the sense ( not having watched more than a few snippets), that the cross was not as thorough as it could have been.

That will come as CA's memory continues to improve with her new meds. Also, LA will say he saw GA molest ICA. This is a sick family who has come together and decided to throw the SA's under the bus. ICA will walk except for the 4 counts of lying to LE. 3 years served and one more to go.[/quote

Do you really believe that the whole family is going to turn around and tell outrageous lies? Look, this is a dysfunctional family dealing with a tragedy of epic proportions. It would be hard to say how normal people would react to such a thing and the Anthonys are not normal.

But, although they have lied from time to time, especially CA, I think they only go so far. JA is right. They are "torn". They veer from wanting to protect casey to wanting justice for their granddaughter. I understand that.

Just remember, the things they have told the truth about have been some of the most damning in the case. I agree they cannot be trusted, ever but I really doubt they will admit to thins like sexual abuse or murder, etc.

[quote=trublu;6746535]Hmmm...had a thought here.
Remember the "Win her over with Chloroform" pic that was suppossedly so funny from TL (I think) to ICA or Vice Versa on MySpace??

What date was THAT posted to MySpace?

We KNOW the Google "Chloroform" was March 17th or 21st. Was it the 17th or 21st of March 2008 ,when the "Win her over with Chloroform" MySpace happened as well?? See my point??

If ICA was the only one with a MySpace (and it sure looks like she was since CA didnt have one till July)and 1st saw the "Win her over...chloroform" photo and THEN wondered hmmm... "How DO you make Chloroform I wonder??" ...and there you have it!

A Google search for "how to make Chloroform" within seconds after opening the MySpace "Win her over..Chloroform"

Apologies if someone has already come up with this

And NO OFFENSE ladies, im a guy afterall so cut me a little slack here, but, everyone raise their hands that when hubby bought a used car and one of the 1st things you've asked to see...is the trunk??

I can honestly say that Ive bought literally dozens of cars over the 30 years weve been married and my dear bride has NEVER asked even ONCE to see the trunk when Ive brought a car home.

And neither did CA!

The win her over with chloroform pic was not sent from one person to the next. It was on Ricardo's myspace or on his wall at home, IIRC.

Nope she said that. I have a feeling this will be payback for GA for having the affair with River Cruz. It's going to get ugly. It would not surprise me if CA and ICA are in this together.

If that was true, then CA would not have already testified to the things she did in the way she did. Her anguished crying over finding that Caylee was missing was devastating to casey's case. So saw all her testimony about casey's lies to her during the time Caylee was "missing" for those 31 days.

This is a psychologically complex and messed up family but I think what we see is what we get. They are conflicted and torn and because they are dysfunctional, their responses to such a horrific tragedy differ from day to day or moment to moment.

The Anthonys have frustrated me often, during this case. But I have always felt very bad for them. They have reminded me of scott peterson's family and neil entwhistle's mother, willing to lie for their murdering kids in the most infuriating and ridiculous manner - but they are also facing the loss of a child they loved as much as the murderer they are protecting and that shows as well at times.

I have seen CA lie to protect casey but in the middle of the very worst of her lies, I have also seen her say or do little things to take revenge on casey for killing Caylee, trying to make casey jealous of family gatherings and freedom, for example, trying to dress her in a manner casey hates for court, etc. It's complex but not as clear cut as other lying families have been because they loved Caylee and have to deal with that too.

feddup
06-23-2011, 08:35 PM
Not to mention, as a nurse, you can not make me believe she would fall for the "dangerous of hand sanitizers" so much she would have to go home to search it?

Also: if she really wanted to know if some plant in her backyard was making her dog sick all she had to do was look up poisonous plants/ toxic plants -pets, children, etc.
She would not have to look up Chlorophyll. sheez she thinks we are all stupid. It was such a cover up. For imprisoned daughter.
Oh, and how she conviently said something popped up on her computer about skateboarding kids and "neck breaking" whatever it was:sick:

Hopefully the SA will be able to get her records from Gentiva co and they will verify if she was not at work or was at work that day.

grandmaj
06-23-2011, 08:36 PM
On HLN they showed a picture of Cindy and George sitting in the courtroom. Don't know at what point it was today but George was sitting apart from Cindy not close like in previous days and was kinda turned away. Interesting body language.

SMK
Am I looking at the right company? The only references I can find to Gentiva and health care is a home health and hospice service provider...You mean this one on Broad Street in Orlando?
I think it is the right one, as they do have administrative nurses, and the Cumadin study fits in with cancer patients certainly (my late husband was given trials of Cumadin and other drugs from home care and hospice care when he had cancer).

kssgdby
I DO NOT feel like CA has "slipped back into "any kind of denial I DO NOT think she has ever been in denial. I DO think she is a master of liars and was the professor of ICA and has taught her the craft to an art. Caylee deserved soooooo much more. Shame on them all.

beeshie
Sorry if someone already mentioned this, but there was a google search on how to make chloroform, right? And Cindy denies making that search. Yet she admits to searching for chloroform. So if she didn't search how to make chloroform, who did and why? (that's a rhetorical question). I don't think Cindy thought about that when she (IMO) lied on the stand today. Her story doesn't make any sense.

cluciano63
Casey lies, Cindy lies...George and Lee? Maybe they all lie and are all involved in covering up what happened to Caylee...that is what I am thinking, anyway, at least as a possibility. If I am a juror, after seeing George and Lee acting so oddly with Casey on the jail tapes, and now this with Cindy, I think it would not be out of the question to believe the whole defense theory...and then Casey made a hash of getting rid of Caylee's body.

nursebeeme
Lippman, on with Vinnie, seems to be saying Chlorophyl was shown on the computer searches. Correct?

oh.. this is a great point! they will be able to see exactly when (((((if EVER)))) a search was done on that computer for chlorophyl and where in the search string it was found

so rebuttal witness could well be the computer guy vs Cindy... (If I were the state I would tread lightly around her now with her lies and her "memory issues" due to her medication switches....**yeah right**)

Lexiintoronto
06-23-2011, 08:37 PM
Cindy said that she was doing 'chlorophyll' searches because she was investigating why one of her yorkies was tired all the time.

Let's say for the sake of argument that: there's a grain of truth to her testimony today, and one of her dogs was tired all the time.

Was casey practising on the dogs before drugging Caylee?

Or was the grain of truth that Cindy was doing the searches, but it wasn't the dog that was sleepy, but Caylee? And Cindy was home investigating and may have been re-tracing casey's steps on the computer (I don't think Cindy is as computer-illiterate as she claims).

Desdemona
06-23-2011, 08:37 PM
Her deposition is almost verbatim to what she said today. The only thing I didn't read was if she was or was not at work those particular days in March. I do not think she lied today, I DO think she lied on Tuesday, July 28, 2009. Why would she change that testimony today?Respectfully disagree (BBM). Today CA said under oath on the stand that her "chlorophyll" searches led her to chloroform results. She claimed that her research on chlorophyll created a couple of additional search topics (bacteria in chlorophyll reactions, naturally occurring compounds in red/brown plants and algae) which led to searches for chloroform.

She did not say this in her State deposition, IIRC. She said she searched for chlorophyll and when asked whether she had searched for chloroform, answered that she "did not know."

http://www.thehinkymeter.com/2010/03/05/the-google-searches-and-cindy/

(Please correct me if I am mistaken on this.)

strach304
06-23-2011, 08:38 PM
I have a question for Mr. Lippman. If all the A's want is the truth how does lying accomplish that when she isn't being truthful ?

coloradoteacher
06-23-2011, 08:38 PM
but is there a search for chlorophyl?

That's what I am trying to find!!! I need a link to the Bradley computer report- I have looked through all the discovery I can find and I am going cross-eyed, so if anyone can find it and link it, I would be ETERNALLY grateful!

MaryB
06-23-2011, 08:39 PM
Had time to process and I think this is gonna bite ICA in the booty, big time. The SA will get evidence of CA being at work at that time and will make the DT and CA look like the biggest liars in history.

So instead of yeah, it was PROBABLY ICA would searched for chloroform, it will be ICA DEFINITELY searched for chloroform and it was THE MURDER WEAPON used to kill Caylee that's why CA had to lie.

mom2pt
How can you be sure there were high levels in the car? We've heard conflicting testimony ranging from none found in some tests to high amounts in others. We know that the DA has already misled us outrageously about the chloroform searches. How can we trust them in this case?

I personally don't think SA misled us; I believe that CA flat out lied on the stand today. Now, I am not a huge CA fan, and I am skeptical of most things that come out of her mouth. But today, her explanation for why she did those searches made no sense to me whatsoever. If CA was worried about her dogs and wanted to see if they were eating poisonous plants. Then why not search for "plants that are poisonous to dogs", or "is bamboo dangerous to dogs". Who would look up chlorophyll and cholorform when you are worried of your dog ingesting potentially harmful plants. Notice I said "ingesting" not "inhalation" as CA said she searched for. I guess the 2 lil yorkies were out in the backyard inhaling all those cholorform fumes that FL plants naturally produce....:banghead:

Just makes me so mad that she would get up there and lie through her teeth. She expects us to believe that even though she was reportedly at work that day, she was instead home with ICA, and she was searching chloroform 83 times. I just hope the jury can see through this. AND wasn't ICA supposed to be at work then (at least CA thought she had a job at that point). Why would they both be home during a weekday when they were both supposed to be "working".

The apple definitely doesn't fall far from the tree. Poor Caylee may never have justice. :(

Sleuth5
CA meds: IIRC and it should be archived here somewhere, when LE searched the Anthony home it was revealed that CA was on an antidepressant. The name of which should be located in one or more of the threads. I would imagine that is the med they changed. all JMHO.

Yes, it was Sodium Forgetital. She has since received a Hyper Brainboosticilin injection, hence her newfound memory.

Softail
Gee... now I am left to wonder if Cindy's friend who was in a car accident went by the name of Zanny.

Or did Cindy just steal that lie from Casey? :waitasec:

Cherry Ames
Yes, there is. That was a given.

Where?

CuriousTwo
06-23-2011, 08:40 PM
Would be interesting to know if she was an exempt (salaried) or nonexempt (hourly) employee. If she was in an administrative or managerial position, in all likelihood she was exempt (salaried) and received a set salary which would mean she didn't get paid by the hour - she would get paid for 40 worked hours each week, and typically wouldn't clock in or out, or have to submit a routine timesheet (unless scheduled time was taken off).

At a previous employer, I learned that if a company requires a salaried employee to clock/punch in and out or keep a timesheet, it can open the employer up to liability because the employee could then claim that they were incorrectly classified (should be hourly/nonexempt) and, if proven in a court of law, the employer could potentially have to pay costly overtime back pay (using the company's own timesheets).

Was CA in a managerial, supervisory position - conducted employee evaluations, etc.? Or, was she more of a scheduler/coordinator - setting a work schedule for those who actually did home visits? Would be interesting to know.

Softail
06-23-2011, 08:40 PM
:laugh:

Yes, it was Sodium Forgetital. She has since received a Hyper Brainboosticilin injection, hence her newfound memory.

:silly:

kssgdby
06-23-2011, 08:41 PM
Also isn't it curious that in CA's testi-lie today that she performed some of the searches because she had a "friend" that was in a bad car accident and was looking up the injuries. I wonder if her "friend" was in the car with Zanny on the way back from Tampa.

GeekyGirl
You mean this one on Broad Street in Orlando?
I think it is the right one, as they do have administrative nurses, and the Cumadin study fits in with cancer patients certainly (my late husband was given trials of Cumadin and other drugs from home care and hospice care when he had cancer).

Okay, thank you. :) I wasn't questioning it based on the coumadin thing, that actually makes sense. For some reason Zi thought she worked for an ortho clinic...LOL I have no idea where I got that from.

ETA: Very sorry to hear to hear about your husband...

QuietStorm
I sooo agree with you.

I have always always even when CA was sobbing on the stand a couple weeks ago, thought, SHE is the reason we are all here. People have felt so bad for her and GA but the whole family is messed up. I'm sure the A's put up with alot from ICA over the years but not only did they not put a stop to it they fed it. ICA was not just born, she was created. CA was the creator. GA and LA are just along for the ride. Niether one of them has what it takes to stand up to the 2 female narcicists in their family. They do what they're told.

I hope the Jury can see through the lies. It's ridiculous.

But really did we really honestly expect CA to tell the truth even under oath. They do just exactly what they want when they want and so far they have never ever been held accountable. They have no respect for the law, the courts, the judge. It's only what they want.

Let this please be the time they are held accountable. Perjury is not looked upon lightly. I'm thinking she may end up in a jail cell too.

I think I need to take a break from this trial. It's hard to stomach when people like this can lie lie lie and get away with it.

Not to mention that if/when GA needs public support or people to believe he did not have an affair or did not do this or that, his credibility is also shot. Staying in the background does not negate a person's responsibility to tell the truth.

raine1212
Re hand sanitizer, the scare was bad because of so many children getting sick and poisoned. I just did some quick research on hand sanitizer... I think all parents and grandparents need to read..teens are drinking and sniffing this stuff to get high. Also which quick searches on chlorophyll and chloroform I have not found any relation. Only chlorophyll is safe for animals and humans. As far as bamboo it gives dogs diarrhea and they should be taken to the vet immediately.

Boytwnmom
OK, so they can show that Casey was obviously also on line at or about the same time, even if CA did the searches. Since ICA was supposed to have a job wouldn't CA have remembered coming home at 2:00 in the afternoon two days in one week and finding ICA at home? Wouldn't that be "memorable"?

SMK
06-23-2011, 08:42 PM
Okay, thank you. :) I wasn't questioning it based on the coumadin thing, that actually makes sense. For some reason Zi thought she worked for an ortho clinic...LOL I have no idea where I got that from.:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

cluciano63
Would be interesting to know if she was an exempt (salaried) or nonexempt (hourly) employee. If she was in an administrative or managerial position, in all likelihood she was exempt (salaried) and received a set salary which would mean she didn't get paid by the hour - she would get paid for 40 worked hours each week, and typically wouldn't clock in or out, or have to submit a routine timesheet (unless scheduled time was taken off).

At a previous employer, I learned that if a company requires a salaried employee to clock/punch in and out or keep a timesheet, it can open the employer up to liability because the employee could then claim that they were incorrectly classified (should be hourly/nonexempt) and, if proven in a court of law, the employer could potentially have to pay costly overtime back pay (using the company's own timesheets).

Was CA in a managerial, supervisory position - conducted employee evaluations, etc.? Or, was she more of a scheduler/coordinator - setting a work schedule for those who actually did home visits? Would be interesting to know.

She said she was on a salary.

txsvicki
Cindy told Baez that when she STARTED to look up chlorphyll it prompted her to chloroform. On my computer, when I google it will bring up the drop down list for things to search. When I enter chlor it does bring up chloroform as an option of things to search, before ever getting the whole word typed out. BUT, Cindy tells Linda that she DID look up chloroform. Did she ever get chlorophyll entered ? Cindy actually said two different things. Which is it, did the google search option prompt her to chloroform right off the bat , or did an actual reading about chlorophyll lead her to further search into chloroform?

~n/t~
06-23-2011, 08:43 PM
Sorry if someone already mentioned this, but there was a google search on how to make chloroform, right? And Cindy denies making that search. Yet she admits to searching for chloroform. So if she didn't search how to make chloroform, who did and why? (that's a rhetorical question). I don't think Cindy thought about that when she (IMO) lied on the stand today. Her story doesn't make any sense.

She also said many had access to the computer including George and Casey's "friends".

Considering Casey only has imaginary friends, guess who could be the other possible suspect?

ZsaZsa
Respectfully disagree (BBM). Today CA said under oath on the stand that her "chlorophyll" searches led her to chloroform results. She claimed that her research on chlorophyll created a couple of additional search topics (bacteria in chlorophyll reactions, naturally occurring compounds in red/brown plants and algae) which led to searches for for chloroform.

She did not say this in her State deposition, IIRC. She said she searched for chlorophyll and when asked whether she had searched for chloroform, answered that she "did not know."

http://www.thehinkymeter.com/2010/03/05/the-google-searches-and-cindy/

(Please correct me if I am mistaken on this.)

Cindy's escape clause on every lie she is now telling is that she is on different meds now, so she remembers things she did not before.
Can you say practised liar?

Chiquita71
For me it was never that some people felt they should express compassion for Cindy that caused any issue. We are all allowed our opinions on this board, of course. It was when it became a sudden issue to discuss all the people Cindy had hurt. To discuss that she had thrown innocent people under the bus and if she had her way, those innocent people might be on trial for their lives right now.

All of a sudden, what Cindy had done to enable Casey to get away with the murder of Caylee was not good enough reason to state Cindy was a bad human being just because she cried once on the stand. This is how "adults" get away with hurting children. My mother in law looks like a even nicer grandma than Cindy :rolleyes: and she allowed three of her four children to be molested during almost their whole childhoods. The two daughters were being molested by her brother, their uncle. My husband was molested by a male family friend whom she allowed to watch her children. Several of her boyfriends also molested her daughters. I had been married to my husband for two years when he told me of his sexual abuse, I thought I was doing the "right thing" by telling him to share this with his mom(who I thought was a loving woman)and her response was "yeah well your sisters were molested by your uncle." She had not known about my husband's molestation but when she learned she dismissed it as easily as she dismissed the rape of her daughters. Upon hearing this, the word "cee you next tuesday" came out of my mouth and I can tell you THAT was the big scandal of the family from then on. I was enemy number one. How, how could I have said such an awful thing about a mother and grandmother?

I guess I missed this boat of having kids where I can release all responsibility for my actions in connection to my children just because I gave birth. :waitasec:

I can imagine what Caylee saw when she was alone with her Mother and Grandmother, I have seen the videos-for me it is all too clear what Caylee Marie lived every day of her life. I have read all the statements, seen Cindy on television, read the emails she sent and received from her brother. All those material items bought "for Caylee" was a mad rush of spending glee to those two materialistic creatures, Casey and Cindy. Appearances is all they are, appearances are not love. Cindy makes me sick. She has always made me sick. And, I will never back down from that opinion again.

I did think the State had this in the bag. Now I don't know. I would like to think that the jury sees through Casey and Cindy and Jose but as I have learned, I can be very wrong in thinking others see what I see. :dunno:

I can think it is very clear that Casey and Cindy are evil and because of that Caylee died and now they are trying to get away with that-and get away with gaining financial freedom off the death of Caylee Marie. But, not everyone sees it that way. And, the defense is counting on that. I have been mad, I have been mad for Caylee Marie. I am here for the truth to come out about Caylee and part of that truth is the role Cindy has played in the cover up of Caylee's death at the hands of Casey.

IIRC, the Anthonys had given Mallory a "special" bracelet to wear. Something happened to it, and in one of the letters Cindy sent to Casey in jail-Casey was told a new one was being sent to her so she could "bless it." I do not have words for the darkness I sense in these people's souls. I will keep on watching the trial but I think this is just the beginning of the plan to save Casey. I feel Cindy is as capable of anything just like she taught her daughter.

:twocents:

Boytwnmom
06-23-2011, 08:44 PM
guy from Gentiva is on the witness list-the SA may have feared this happening.

Also: if she really wanted to know if some plant in her backyard was making her dog sick all she had to do was look up poisonous plants/ toxic plants -pets, children, etc.
She would not have to look up Chlorophyll. sheez she thinks we are all stupid. It was such a cover up. For imprisoned daughter.
Oh, and how she conviently said something popped up on her computer about skateboarding kids and "neck breaking" whatever it was:sick:

Hopefully the SA will be able to get her records from Gentiva co and they will verify if she was not at work or was at work that day.

Bainbridge
06-23-2011, 08:45 PM
hi everyone. i'm new. this is my first post, but i've been lurking since the beginning of the trial. today's "bombshell" has me so enraged that i can't help but post. i haven't really followed this case until the the trial, but now i'm hooked and based on what i've heard, have ZERO doubt that ICA killed her child. i have always felt bad for GA and CA - until now. what CA did today was disgraceful.

at any rate, even if Cindy "falsified" her timecards or whatever, SURELY there has got to be record of her vacation time. i am a salaried employee for a healthcare organization. within the last couple years we've had to start clocking in/out, but before that it was an honor system. *however* we ALWAYS had to account for our vacation time in some way. in addition to there being IT records from her work computer (that password stuff is BS, anyone in your company's IT department can access your accounts/email) there has got to be some kind of calendar where vacation time/personal time was recorded. what was stopping people from going over their vacation time? Gentiva is a huge company, not some mom and pop shop. they have to have "protocols" (haha) in place to cover their @sses.

I am SO GLAD there's an IT guy on the jury. Seriously.

~n/t~
Nancy Grace just said the prosecution has the time keeper from Gentiva on their witness list. Can't wait for rebuttal.:great:

JusticeSeeker1960
Did lightening strike?
I heard there was a storm.:innocent:
moo

Nope, lightning doesn't strike in the same place twice....:bigfight:
CA after LDB get's done with her...

suzihawk
I speak for myself. I am here because Inmate Casey never had to suffer the consequences of her actions, which enabled her and ended with the tragic murder of her own 2 year old daughter.

Today I witnessed Cindy Anthony lie in order to protect said inmate daughter from HER CONSEQUENCES.

Two of these things are just like each other (sung to Sesame street theme).....

As sorry as I felt for Cindy as she broke down on the stand, and the fact that I have always maintained this family is certifiable, I want to call her at home and say, "you suck". You just threw your cherished granddaughter under the bus. Cindy: you suck. Absolutely.

BRAVO! :clap: :clap:

She not only threw her cherished granddaughter under the bus, she threw her away like trash - just like her daughter did.

grammieto5
For the first time in a very long time I watched all those shows on HLN. I am so tired of hearing of how CA is a victim. CA "lost" her Granddaughter Caylee, and now CA is trying to save her daughter KC. Cindy Anthony "lost" her Granddaughter Caylee because Cindy Anthony's daughter KC murdered Cindy Anthony's Granddaughter Caylee. I am a Grandma of 5, there is no way I would ever defend anyone who murdered/harmed my Grandchild. NOT EVEN MY OWN CHILD!!! As I listened to CA'S testimony again I was reminded of KC's lies. CA gives way too much information, like KC. CA had some kind of special card where she could delete her hours at work, CA had a friend who was in an accident, CA had dogs that were getting sick from the bamboo. I guess I've had enough of CA and KC for today. I'm going to get a glass of milk and some of the Snickerdoodles I made earlier, get in bed and watch a good Bette Davis movie. "All About Eve" sounds good :-) See you all tomorrow. PEACE

MissJames
06-23-2011, 08:46 PM
Not to mention the MSDS on hand sanitizer since they have it at their facilties.

And there is a nurse on the jury. IT guys ,too.

ami
Good question. Was it asked in cross?

Usually in rebuttal, the state will present witnesses who can disprove what the defense tried to state. It is uncommon to put a defense witness back on the stand and do the job you should have done in cross examination, during a rebuttal.

I fear that the state has missed some opportunities in this case. They are still very solid, IMO, and have presented a good case. But, I like perfection.

Was this brought up in cross? Again, this would be something not to miss.

I keep hearing this but like I said, LDB's chance to get CA was during cross. I think it is unlikely that she will recall CA and then ask her questions she should have during cross examination. She can bring in other witnesses, like co-workers, supervisors, etc, to show she was actually at work and not home when the terms were searched and that should help but I get the sense ( not having watched more than a few snippets), that the cross was not as thorough as it could have been.

snipped for space...

But just because it's not usually done doesn't mean the state can't recall her again - right? I mean they've had several witnesses on many times. I don't think the jury would find it odd to once again see Cindy on the stand after seeing so many witnesses come and go multiple times.

Also, she very likely was blindsided (LDB). Now that she's had the chance to think and refresh her memory re: depositions and time lines and computer searches, etc., she'll be much more prepared to ask Cindy the most relevant details.

So whether it's commonly done or not, the jurors certainly won't know the difference and what would the harm be in calling her back to tie up the dangling loose ends? I can see several chances for gain and very few for loss at this point.

Especially since Cindy is a poor liar.

yeknomaras
She also said many had access to the computer including George and Casey's "friends".

Considering Casey only has imaginary friends, guess who could be the other possible suspect?

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::great::great:

QuietStorm
There is a record.She said she may have left during the day,but the state will look at activity on her work computer as well as interviewing her co-workers and boss.
CA knows how much info the State can get and she knows she will be impeached. She's just hoping she planted a seed of doubt in a juror's mind.
I think she planted a seed of hatred.

Don't forget that business records must be kept at a minimum of 7 years for IRS purposes and longer for some types of corporations. Not sure about health records exactly, but I bet there are strict rules about how long to keep all records related to employees since they track back to patients.

Boytwnmom
have to record my time off. You still have to maintain a record of when you were there. The idea everyone just lies every day is ridiculous.

But they have to keep a record that he was there somehow. I really think calling her supervisor will show she was lying. They will be able to pull her work records for that day of what she did on the computer for work too.

I think she really made a mess for herself this time with her lies. I hope LDB fires the Mack truck right up when she starts with her again!

~n/t~

I just heard that too!!! :great:

Softail
06-23-2011, 08:47 PM
OK, so they can show that Casey was obviously also on line at or about the same time, even if CA did the searches. Since ICA was supposed to have a job wouldn't CA have remembered coming home at 2:00 in the afternoon two days in one week and finding ICA at home? Wouldn't that be "memorable"?

Excellent point!

barrysgirl

Gentiva is a home health company. What she would have done would have been in charge of the patient's coumadin clinic. The home nurses draw the blood weekly and the RN in the office changes their doses.

Sleuth5
hi everyone. i'm new. this is my first post, but i've been lurking since the beginning of the trial. today's "bombshell" has me so enraged that i can't help but post. i haven't really followed this case until the the trial, but now i'm hooked and based on what i've heard, have ZERO doubt that ICA killed her child. i have always felt bad for GA and CA - until now. what CA did today was disgraceful.

at any rate, even if Cindy "falsified" her timecards or whatever, SURELY there has got to be record of her vacation time. i am a salaried employee for a healthcare organization. within the last couple years we've had to start clocking in/out, but before that it was an honor system. *however* we ALWAYS had to account for our vacation time in some way. in addition to there being IT records from her work computer (that password stuff is BS, anyone in your company's IT department can access your accounts/email) there has got to be some kind of calendar where vacation time/personal time was recorded. what was stopping people from going over their vacation time? Gentiva is a huge company, not some mom and pop shop. they have to have "protocols" (haha) in place to cover their @sses.

:welcome: No kiddng. There's no way a corporation that big doesn't keep employee records in a centralized database (sorry Cindy, but your dismally poor understanding of how IT operations in a major company work was pretty pathetic -- speaking of protocols, wait until you find out that the IT department has them in writing required by auditors -- I should know, I've written them myself before. -- good luck on rebuttal if the SAO decides to come after you.

nursebeeme
06-23-2011, 08:48 PM
Interestingly, March 17th is St. Patrick's Day. Could be a day that would stand out in the mind of a Cindy co-worker.

Regarding the computer searches: Where the Prosecuters are going to trip Cindy up on those searches is the BROWSER they were made on. Remember, all of the suspicious searches were made on a Firefox Browser that was set up under a totally separate User Account on the desktop computer. And these files were then deleted at around 4:00am when Yuri Melich had just interviewed Casey at the home.

IIRC the computer forensics showed that neither George nor Cindy EVER used the Firefox Browser. Their usage was on Internet Explorer, located within a totally different user account.

This is why Cindy was asked today about when she got onto the desktop what did she have to do to use the internet? Her answer was that it was "just always on".

Cindy obviously doesn't know much about how computers are set up, doesn't know much about multiple users and multiple browsers.

Casey knew a little more. She went ahead and set up her own User Account on the hard drive, probably password protected it. She then downloaded the Firefox browser into THAT User Account. That way, no snoopy mom or dad could click onto "History" and see where she had been browsing.

Oh, and if there's an IT guy on the jury - he already knows this.

I just thought of this when reading your post: it was also monday and the day of the staff meeting she talked about... there could be staff meeting minutes (esp including who is present at the meeting, the time, etc)

karen in New York
06-23-2011, 08:49 PM
I personally don't think SA misled us; I believe that CA flat out lied on the stand today. Now, I am not a huge CA fan, and I am skeptical of most things that come out of her mouth. But today, her explanation for why she did those searches made no sense to me whatsoever. If CA was worried about her dogs and wanted to see if they were eating poisonous plants. Then why not search for "plants that are poisonous to dogs", or "is bamboo dangerous to dogs". Who would look up chlorophyll and cholorform when you are worried of your dog ingesting potentially harmful plants. Notice I said "ingesting" not "inhalation" as CA said she searched for. I guess the 2 lil yorkies were out in the backyard inhaling all those cholorform fumes that FL plants naturally produce....:banghead:

Just makes me so mad that she would get up there and lie through her teeth. She expects us to believe that even though she was reportedly at work that day, she was instead home with ICA, and she was searching chloroform 83 times. I just hope the jury can see through this. AND wasn't ICA supposed to be at work then (at least CA thought she had a job at that point). Why would they both be home during a weekday when they were both supposed to be "working".

The apple definitely doesn't fall far from the tree. Poor Caylee may never have justice. :(

Caylee has justice. She is in a much better place. Her family here on earth will be forever tormented by this and will pay the price someday. Plus, will anyone ever want to associate with any of them? They will be shunned forever. Scott Peterson's family did some of the same things ... denial ...

angeldust
06-23-2011, 08:49 PM
Im thinking the state should get a warrent and check how many times cindy has googled these issues SINCE kc has been in prison and HOW recent

MissJames
06-23-2011, 08:50 PM

Hi and Welcome! :welcome5:
I've followed this from the beginning,so I know why I believe Cindy was lying today.
Would you mind telling us convinced you Cindy is lying? It would make me feel better about the jury tonight :tyou:

twall
Anyone think CA will plead the 5th if she is put back on the stand during rebuttal by the state because she knows she is lying and the state will prove it?
Can she do that since she has already testified? I will ask in the ask a lawyer thread.

IIRC, Mark Furhman pled the 5th (but he had not testified yet) because he did not want to perjure himself because he knew what was coming from the defense. They had proof he lied when he said he never used the "n" word in the past.

LongtimeMedic
It's possible her supervisor will have records and know whether or not she was in her weekly meeting on that Monday though. I am not real positive but isn't she already on the State's witness list since she was there the day CA and GA retrieved the car and she came in describing the smell?

That's a good point, but CA has a good reason to recall March '08... without written/computer records, I doubt any co-worker would be able to say without question that she was there on any day before Caylee was declared missing.

burningsky22
06-23-2011, 08:51 PM
heavenly bamboo is poisonous to dogs, but the other aren't that i can find

Heavenly Bamboo (Nandina domestica) Family: Berberidaceae
Causes vomiting, diarrhea, cyanosis, pale mucous membranes, slow heart rate, respiratory congestion, respiratory failure, seizures, semi-coma, death.

http://www.pawsdogdaycare.com/Start-Up-Services/Plants-Poisonous-To-Pets-Heavenly-Bamboo.htm

http://www.doggyhelp.com/plants.php

http://www.dog-first-aid-101.com/toxic-garden-plants.html

CuriousTwo
06-23-2011, 08:51 PM
Cindy said that she was doing 'chlorophyll' searches because she was investigating why one of her yorkies was tired all the time.

Let's say for the sake of argument that: there's a grain of truth to her testimony today, and one of her dogs was tired all the time.

Was casey practising on the dogs before drugging Caylee?

Or was the grain of truth that Cindy was doing the searches, but it wasn't the dog that was sleepy, but Caylee? And Cindy was home investigating and may have been re-tracing casey's steps on the computer (I don't think Cindy is as computer-illiterate as she claims).

In my experience, to do a one word search is way too broad and would give you far too much unrelated information. If I were investigating why my yorkie was tired all the time, I'd search for "fatigue in dogs."

And, if I was curious to know if my hand sanitizer was the culprit, I would search for "hand sanitizer toxic to dogs," "hand sanitizer dog ingestion," "hand sanitizer affect/effect on dogs," etc.

She's a nurse and has to have some basic knowledge of toxic products, and as mentioned previously, her office MSDS sheets and/or online reference would contain all the info she said she was searching for.

Being in healthcare, I feel she should have more knowledge than she claims to possess. This is insulting to basic common sense and a disgrace to Caylee's memory. IMHO.

I don't buy her story.

Amster
06-23-2011, 08:53 PM
So...the warning about hand sanitizers was in March '07, not March '08?? ooops....CA got dates mixed up once again??

ZsaZsa
That's a good point, but CA has a good reason to recall March '08... without written/computer records, I doubt any co-worker would be able to say without question that she was there on day before Caylee was declared missing.

Neither can CA prove she wasn't.
Who is more believable?

erinleigh
Food for thought... Would a medical facility be so lax about falsifying time cards. In the event of an incident or lawsuit they would need to know who was working on what shift.

denmock
Interestingly, March 17th is St. Patrick's Day. Could be a day that would stand out in the mind of a Cindy co-worker.

Regarding the computer searches: Where the Prosecuters are going to trip Cindy up on those searches is the BROWSER they were made on. Remember, all of the suspicious searches were made on a Firefox Browser that was set up under a totally separate User Account on the desktop computer. And these files were then deleted at around 4:00am when Yuri Melich had just interviewed Casey at the home.

IIRC the computer forensics showed that neither George nor Cindy EVER used the Firefox Browser. Their usage was on Internet Explorer, located within a totally different user account.

This is why Cindy was asked today about when she got onto the desktop what did she have to do to use the internet? Her answer was that it was "just always on".

Cindy obviously doesn't know much about how computers are set up, doesn't know much about multiple users and multiple browsers.

Casey knew a little more. She went ahead and set up her own User Account on the hard drive, probably password protected it. She then downloaded the Firefox browser into THAT User Account. That way, no snoopy mom or dad could click onto "History" and see where she had been browsing.

Oh, and if there's an IT guy on the jury - he already knows this.

There are 2 IT guys on the jury!:great:

Curious Me
06-23-2011, 08:54 PM
It seems like Caylee's voice in getting Justice has been muffled by CA's lies. Yes, I think Caylee wanted to be heard from the grave, but grandma talked over her. JMO, of course.

SMK

I am SO GLAD there's an IT guy on the jury. Seriously.:welcome4::Banane59:

larryphx
I don't like Cindy Anthony anymore.

Sleuth5
In my experience, to do a one word search is way too broad and would give you far too much unrelated information. If I were investigating why my yorkie was tired all the time, I'd search for "fatigue in dogs."

And, if I was curious to know if my hand sanitizer was the culprit, I would search for "hand sanitizer toxic to dogs," "hand sanitizer dog ingestion," "hand sanitizer affect/effect on dogs," etc.

She's a nurse and has to have some basic knowledge of toxic products, and as mentioned previously, her office MSDS sheets and/or online reference would contain all the info she said she was searching for.

Being in healthcare, I feel she should have more knowledge than she claims to possess. This is insulting to basic common sense and a disgrace to Caylee's memory. IMHO.

I don't buy her story.

What? :gasp: You don't believe that Cindy the RN needed to look up "Internal Injuries" because a friend got in a car accident? Because, you know, how would she really know what those were? Surely you jest.

:cow:

strach304

They can certainly ask the co-workers about the hand sanitizer and who the friend was that prompted the other searches.

CharlestonGal
06-23-2011, 08:55 PM
I don't think this is that big a deal, really. I think juries always take the testimony of family members with a grain of salt. They are not objective witnesses and they have a direct stake in the outcome of a case against their family member. Jurors know that family members will hedge, fudge, embellish, and slant (at the very least) and outright lie (at the very worst) because of their allegiance and relationship to the accused. I don't think the jury will take too seriously the testimony of CA, GA, or LA and without independent corroboration of that testimony, the jury will likely disregard it altogether.

Sleuth5

Did you like her before, or is it just her inability to tell convincing lies?

katydid23
Also, since she is on disability I think it would be a requirement for the company to have all of her work records/history. I also doubt if her supervisor will say that she signed CA time sheets in her absence.

GOOD POINT.
I am certain the SA will get their hands on the actual time cards. In doing so they will be able to tell if she signed it herself, or her supervisor did instead.

Notice she said that the card might be incorrect if her boss signed it for her in her absence. But we will see if that is the case, or if she dated and signed it herself.

And I agree with you. I seriously doubt that her supervisor in a medical office, WHICH IS DOING MEDICAL TESTING ON KUMIDIN and other life and death substances, is going to admit under oath, to routinely falsifying employee time cards, even forging their signatures.

GeekyGirl
06-23-2011, 08:57 PM

I don't buy her story.

I agree with you, that's the way I'd search too, but I will say that my mom, who has been an RN for 20+ years, would put in one word, hit search, get frustrated because she can't find what she's looking for and call me and ask me to find what what she needs. No joke, I use LMGTFY like it's going out of style and she still can't quite grasp the concept.

twall
Did the defense depose CA in the past?
I can't recall, thanks to anyone that can.

BG4pip
I am astonished by the lack of empathy for Cindy. Her life must be a living hell. I cannot imagine a worse position for a parent to be in. I cherish honesty and integrity as much as anyone, but I know I would lie in a heartbeat, and never regret it, if I thought it was necessary to save my child's life. Unless, that is, my child were on trial for murdering my grandchild, or my mother, or my wife, or anyone else I loved as unconditionally as I love my child. The conflict that would create in me is so great I think I would explode.

MissJames

No doubt,but I think they needed to establish there was no one else at home during the time of the computer searches,anyway.Even if Cindy had not said that today,I think they would still establish she was at work.

But the DT and Cindy's lawyer must know this :waitasec:

ami
06-23-2011, 08:58 PM
That's a good point, but CA has a good reason to recall March '08... without written/computer records, I doubt any co-worker would be able to say without question that she was there on day before Caylee was declared missing.

Why would Cindy have good reason to remember March 2008? Actually she said today on the stand that she had NO good reason to remember March 2008 because nothing was happening then - Caylee was alive and times were normal.

Also her supervisor would have access to work records. Timecards, days off, vacation days, emails sent (even if Cindy's email account was deleted as she insisted, the coworkers and supervisor's email accounts are presumably still functioning and might have records of emails sent by Cindy) - perhaps doing a date search any number of people will have records of Cindy saying she'd be late to the meeting, or that she'd made brownies and they're in the front office, or a work or personal email of any kind at all.

kaRN
For the first time in a very long time I watched all those shows on HLN. I am so tired of hearing of how CA is a victim. CA "lost" her Granddaughter Caylee, and now CA is trying to save her daughter KC. Cindy Anthony "lost" her Granddaughter Caylee because Cindy Anthony's daughter KC murdered Cindy Anthony's Granddaughter Caylee. I am a Grandma of 5, there is no way I would ever defend anyone who murdered/harmed my Grandchild. NOT EVEN MY OWN CHILD!!! As I listened to CA'S testimony again I was reminded of KC's lies. CA gives way too much information, like KC. CA had some kind of special card where she could delete her hours at work, CA had a friend who was in an accident, CA had dogs that were getting sick from the bamboo. I guess I've had enough of CA and KC for today. I'm going to get a glass of milk and some of the Snickerdoodles I made earlier, get in bed and watch a good Bette Davis movie. "All About Eve" sounds good :-) See you all tomorrow. PEACE

The friend who had the accident could very well be Zanny. Head and chest injuries. Same timeframe. Hmmmmmm. I sure don't see a circle of friends around the A's the way Lacy's parents had. Their unemployed son doesn't even go to court to support them. Just the pro-bono lawyer because all victims need 24/7 legal support. :maddening:

feddup
This has been planned all along IMO. My :twocents:
I thought this the day I saw CA smirking and laughing last wk when the SA made a mistake.
She should be called as a hostile witness from now on after today? I do not believe much of what she says now.
Caylee in death could not even have her own Memorial service, that is sad. They had to throw ICA and pics in there, the person who more than likely killed her or at best, was highly neglectful to the point she ended up dead Poor little girl:(

grandmaj
Didn't Cindy say that Monday was always a day when they had meetings late?

dog.gone.cute
06-23-2011, 08:59 PM
:maddening:

What we witnessed today by Cindy is one of MANY reasons why the Anthony's should have NEVER been allowed in the Court to begin with !

Cindy -- just like ICA -- believe they can "lie" and "fool" anyone and everyone ! And the Anthony's have been playing both sides of the fence since the Trial started !

Remember, the last time Cindy was on the stand, on her way back to her seat she mouthed "I love you" to ICA ... and that was NOT the first time she mouthed "love you's" to ICA ... and remember LA mouthed "I love you" in open court ...

Also, take a look at this video : After seeing Cindy outright LIE on the witness stand ... it clearly proves to me that Cindy has been communicating with ICA !

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - What is Cindy A doing while trial watching?

I think it is high time that the SA take a real hard look at the Anthony's and start the "Impeachment" process for Cindy because of today's testimony. They need to "send a message" to the rest of the A's that they are NOT going to tolerate it!

Cindy and the A's are NOT victims ... they are obstructing justice ...

And someone has to put an END to the lies ...

Justice for Caylee !

Sleuth5
06-23-2011, 09:00 PM
Why would Cindy have good reason to remember March 2008? Actually she said today on the stand that she had NO good reason to remember March 2008 because nothing was happening then - Caylee was alive and times were normal.

Also her supervisor would have access to work records. Timecards, days off, vacation days, emails sent (even if Cindy's email account was deleted as she insisted, the coworkers and supervisor's email accounts are presumably still functioning and might have records of emails sent by Cindy) - perhaps doing a date search any number of people will have records of Cindy saying she'd be late to the meeting, or that she'd made brownies and they're in the front office, or a work or personal email of any kind at all.

You're forgetting her recent med change, from Sodium Forgetital to Hyper Brainboosticil. That really takes care of this discrepancy.

ZsaZsa

Her cell phone pings will hang her...

GeekyGirl

Wasn't that the month George moved back home? I could be totally wrong...

Aedrys
06-23-2011, 09:01 PM
That's a good point, but CA has a good reason to recall March '08... without written/computer records, I doubt any co-worker would be able to say without question that she was there on any day before Caylee was declared missing.

Huh? Caylee was murdered in June. She wasn't missing at all in March.

MissJames
It seems like Caylee's voice in getting Justice has been muffled by CA's lies. Yes, I think Caylee wanted to be heard from the grave, but grandma talked over her. JMO, of course.

Caylee has TEAM CAYLEE!

Burdick ,Ashton and George !!!!!

and they are just the leaders .The list goes on. :cheer:

twall
Didn't Cindy say that Monday was always a day when they had meetings late?

yes, curious to know if they had the meetings in March. Hopefully the state will put a Gentiva employee on the stand and ask him/her about it.
The time frame she was referring to was June, specifically June 16 when ICA called her numerous times and could not reach her because she was in a meeting.

ZsaZsa
:maddening:

What we witnessed today by Cindy is one of MANY reasons why the Anthony's should have NEVER been allowed in the Court to begin with !

Cindy -- just like ICA -- believe they can "lie" and "fool" anyone and everyone ! And the Anthony's have been playing both sides of the fence since the Trial started !

Remember, the last time Cindy was on the stand, on her way back to her seat she mouthed "I love you" to ICA ... and that was NOT the first time she mouthed "love you's" to ICA ... and remember LA mouthed "I love you" in open court ...

Also, take a look at this video : After seeing Cindy outright LIE on the witness stand ... it clearly proves to me that Cindy has been communicating with ICA !

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - What is Cindy A doing while trial watching? (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6662194&postcount=51)

I think it is high time that the SA take a real hard look at the Anthony's and start the "Impeachment" process for Cindy because of today's testimony. They need to "send a message" to the rest of the A's that they are NOT going to tolerate it!

Cindy and the A's are NOT victims ... they are obstructing justice ...

And someone has to put an END to the lies ...

Justice for Caylee !

Every time CA does that stage managed 'I love you' to ICA it is like a middle finger salute to the court. That's the only reason she does it.

curiositycat
I was so disappointed. After the last time she was on the stand I really wanted to believe she had changed. Now I wonder about George. I wonder if he is going to "take one for the team."

Cindy doesn't get it. It's about making Casey responsible for her behavior just one time in her life. If they did get her off, with the lies causing a mistrial, she is still one sick girl and because of that their lives will never be the same.

gmt
06-23-2011, 09:02 PM
Is CA still taking her Bible to court?

Ms.Heather
06-23-2011, 09:02 PM
I have yet to go thru and read all the pages of this thread, but... I'm annoyed enough to give my opinion without back reading.

CA sounded like ICA on the stand today. She wouldn't answer a yes or no, she gave information that had nothing to do with the question. I mean really, what did the password protection on her work emails have to do with her home computer?

You know what bothered me about her testimony. Think back 3 years ago (with or without new medication) Your searching online... and a pop-up came up on your computer...

What was that pop-up? Do you remember? Well if you don't you should seek out CA and ask her what supermemory medication shes on. Because I don't remember a pop-up from last week... I certainly couldn't tell you that it was for a "youtube" site about a skateboarder... and what the exact description was of that skateboarder (neckbeaking)... Also lets not forget we have a computer guy on the jury. He knows that a pop-up does not equal a google search.

Also, I think that in rebuttal we will see the cellpings. Probably proving that ICA was home... possibly that CA was not. In rebuttal I expect it to be reitterated that whoever made the searches, also visited ICA's myspace and photobucket at the same time the searches were made.

I'm disgusted.

PMLsmom
06-23-2011, 09:03 PM
THIS. And I'm also wondering why the DA didn't have the employment records (time cards, emails, meeting notes, whatever) to substantiate that CA was at work (if she was) during the time these searches were done. The two chlor's information was in the deposition, they should have known this would be an issue. Maybe it's coming in the rebuttal case?

IIRC - The SA DID enter in their timecards as evidence...Everyone wondered why no questioning. It was towards the end of the SA case.

ami
The friend who had the accident could very well be Zanny. Head and chest injuries. Same timeframe. Hmmmmmm. I sure don't see a circle of friends around the A's the way Lacy's parents had. Their unemployed son doesn't even go to court to support them. Just the pro-bono lawyer because all victims need 24/7 legal support. :maddening:

I was thinking that today too!

Either Cindy is a liar of a similar ilk as ICA and considered Zanny the friend in the accident, or...

Cindy really did have a friend in an accident and ICA used that grain of truth to fashion her Zanny-in-an-accident story.

I think it's the first though.

Cherry Ames
What? :gasp: You don't believe that Cindy the RN needed to look up "Internal Injuries" because a friend got in a car accident? Because, you know, how would she really know what those were? Surely you jest.

And get the name of this "friend" from CA to prove they were in an accident, as well.

MissJames
06-23-2011, 09:04 PM
yes, curious to know if they had the meetings in March. Hopefully the state will put a Gentiva employee on the stand and ask him/her about it.
The time frame she was referring to was June, specifically June 16 when ICA called her numerous times and could not reach her because she was in a meeting.

Cindy said they had staff meetings EVERY Monday.That's why she was so sure about what happened THAT Monday.
Of course ,Cindy lies ,so who knows if even that was true :waitasec:

donnam
I had heard about the one stain being there from when they bought the car, early on.

Amster
I refuse to watch HLN ever again after Vinnie's tribute to CA this evening. Are they all slobbering about how wonderful CA is for choosing to lie for ICA instead of standing up for Caylee??

txsvicki
Everyone may think I'm nuts, but I think there's more going on with the computer searches and that Cindy may be telling the truth, at least about doing a simple search of chloroform. Either that, or she is a huge liar.

When I think of chlorophyll, it brings the color green to mind. There was an extremely tired and sleepy small dog. Could Cindy have found some green residue on that little dog's face? Does chloroform leave a residue...

CuriousTwo
06-23-2011, 09:05 PM
Seriously, is being under the influence of physician-prescribed pharmaceutical a valid and legal defense IF it is legally proven that a witness' testimony contains conflicting statements throughout a trial?

Cherry Ames
06-23-2011, 09:06 PM
Is CA still taking her Bible to court?

If so, someone needs to direct her to this:
"Lying lips are an abomination to the Lord."

MissJames
I was thinking that today too!

Either Cindy is a liar of a similar ilk as ICA and considered Zanny the friend in the accident, or...

Cindy really did have a friend in an accident and ICA used that grain of truth to fashion her Zanny-in-an-accident story.

I think it's the first though.

It could be from a TV show,for all we know.

I think this family will be studied by scientists and psychologists for years to come.

Sleuth5
Everyone may think I'm nuts, but I think there's more going on with the computer searches and that Cindy may be telling the truth, at least about doing a simple search of chloroform. Either that, or she is a huge liar.

When I think of chlorophyll, it brings the color green to mind. There was an extremely tired and sleepy small dog. Could Cindy have found some green residue on that little dog's face? Does chloroform leave a residue...

Wow, that's a stretch. You would imagine that CA has the basic education to know that all green plants contain chlorophyll. We eat it all the time. It is not harmful to animals. Hmmm.

ami

I'd be willing to believe that, if only the searches that bracketed the search had not been Myspace and photobucket. And also if only the searches were not "how to make chloraform" (misspelled, complete search typed out).

mombomb
She is obviously NOT on Sodium Pentathol.

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

passionflower
http://drlillianglassbodylanguageblog.wordpress.com/

Dr Glass sums it all up for me...........

LongtimeMedic
06-23-2011, 09:07 PM
Neither can CA prove she wasn't.
Who is more believable?

The State has the burden to prove where she was/wasn't at a particular time. If she's lying, nail her for perjury ASAP! That's why I keep saying, every time there is a gap in the State's story, it's their responsibility to cure the issue and fill that gap, not the witness's nor the DT's job. Anytime a gap or blank area shows up in the State's story, that's the State's fault, and if they have a few more moments like the ones this afternoon... unfortunately, an shoddy investigation/case, at the hands of the State, will be what lets them all off the hook. From what I seen so far, she didn't lie in her depo, she merely just didn't offer them anything free of charge in her depo. JMOO

beeshie
I have yet to go thru and read all the pages of this thread, but... I'm annoyed enough to give my opinion without back reading.

CA sounded like ICA on the stand today. She wouldn't answer a yes or no, she gave information that had nothing to do with the question. I mean really, what did the password protection on her work emails have to do with her home computer?

You know what bothered me about her testimony. Think back 3 years ago (with or without new medication) Your searching online... and a pop-up came up on your computer...

What was that pop-up? Do you remember? Well if you don't you should seek out CA and ask her what supermemory medication shes on. Because I don't remember a pop-up from last week... I certainly couldn't tell you that it was for a "youtube" site about a skateboarder... and what the exact description was of that skateboarder (neckbeaking)... Also lets not forget we have a computer guy on the jury. He knows that a pop-up does not equal a google search.

Also, I think that in rebuttal we will see the cellpings. Probably proving that ICA was home... possibly that CA was not. In rebuttal I expect it to be reitterated that whoever made the searches, also visited ICA's myspace and photobucket at the same time the searches were made.

I'm disgusted.

I have no doubt that she has recreated those searches since then. The way she talked about chlorophyll/algae/bacteria etc. made me think she had just googled chlorophyll last night. She was starting to sound like one of the expert witnesses.

Jav
heavenly bamboo is poisonous to dogs, but the other aren't that i can find

Heavenly Bamboo (Nandina domestica) Family: Berberidaceae
Causes vomiting, diarrhea, cyanosis, pale mucous membranes, slow heart rate, respiratory congestion, respiratory failure, seizures, semi-coma, death.

http://www.pawsdogdaycare.com/Start-Up-Services/Plants-Poisonous-To-Pets-Heavenly-Bamboo.htm

http://www.doggyhelp.com/plants.php

http://www.dog-first-aid-101.com/toxic-garden-plants.html

I never heard today that she googled BAMBOO of any kind. She googled chlorophyll. That's the first thing I would think of if my dog was sick....yep, chlorophyll will do it every time....

ami
Her cell phone pings will hang her...

We have those for Cindy as well??!!!

kaRN
Food for thought... Would a medical facility be so lax about falsifying time cards. In the event of an incident or lawsuit they would need to know who was working on what shift.

Probably not and certainly not in a for profit organization. They're looking for investors hahaha. Good advertising coming out of this case for sure-NOT.
http://www.gentiva.com/about/contact.php

Sleuth5
I'd be willing to believe that, if only the searches that bracketed the search had not been Myspace and photobucket. And also if only the searches were not "how to make chloraform" (misspelled, complete search typed out).

Bingo.

larryphx
06-23-2011, 09:08 PM
I think it's going to be ok... as Zsa Zsa said ... Cindy's cell phone pings will hang her. You know the prosecution will be working overtime tonight.

grandmaj
Cindy said they had staff meetings EVERY Monday.That's why she was so sure about what happened THAT Monday.
Of course ,Cindy lies ,so who knows if even that was true :waitasec:

The State will get Cindy's phone records, will get someone from Gentiva on the stand and will also get her testimony from the first time she testified and find a way to impeach this latest. She has had several depositions I bet the transcripts are on fire from the pouring over them tonight. :)

The State also gets rebuttal. They will be up last. The last thing the jurors are going to hear is the impeacement.

crucibelle
I never fell for her "costume change" the past few weeks and I glad she lied her butt off today because when it IS SHOWN in court in front of the jury
it will make it look soooooo riduculous and so obvious that she is covering for ICA. This is what she has been doing her whole life.

TOAST BABY TOAST BURNT TOAST

I never fell for it either. I've always said that she would not be getting a free pass from me, because of all the obstruction of justice, throwing innocent people under the bus, and how she treated poor Tim Miller. I truly feel bad for anyone who Cindy managed to fool. The whole Anthony family is a bunch of liars -- may we never forget that, EVER again.

Bainbridge
06-23-2011, 09:09 PM
Hi and Welcome! :welcome5:
I've followed this from the beginning,so I know why I believe Cindy was lying today.
Would you mind telling us convinced you Cindy is lying? It would make me feel better about the jury tonight :tyou:

hello there!

i guess the reason i believe CA is lying boils down to common sense. i know (and the jury knows) there were depositions taken beforehand. it is pretty clear that the prosecution was confident in their computer forensics, and in their CIC there were no definitive questions from the SA or the DT about anyone other than ICA possibly making those searches. To me, the professionalism and organization (for lack of a better term) the SA's have has been evident. They have covered ALL bases, all questions, all doubt...until now. The fact that this was clearly a surprise to them makes me think that regardless of what CA or JB says, this is a new revelation.

Plus...how do you get from dogs eating bamboo to chlorophyll to chloroform in a google search? It just doesn't make sense. She just seemed like she was lying (too much unnecessary detail, things not adding up, etc). Also, she's the defendant's mother. She's obviously in a precarious position, but doesn't want her daughter to get the DP, and those internet searches are the one thing linking her to premeditation. Any juror that wouldn't factor this concept into their deliberation is a fool, IMO.

ami
Wasn't that the month George moved back home? I could be totally wrong...

I honestly don't know when he moved back. Though Cindy said specifically today that she had no reason to remember those days, "not like the last 3 years", so even if that was the month he came back *ahem* Cindy didn't consider it especially epic....

Mz.Harleywood
I hate to even think that precious Caylee would even be taught by the Masters, Grandma & Mommy to lie and become a shadow of them.

GracieLu
06-23-2011, 09:10 PM
omgosh, im on vacation watching In Sessions when I get a free sec, and today as we are leaving I hear CA say something like she made the computer searces and is a salaried employee and can leave work whenever she wants... of course I felt sick the rest of the day... but am not surprised...

since Im still on vacation I cannot stay long but wanted to say something.... Ive stated a few times in my very small number of posts that I feel compassion for CA and GA and the truth is I do and will always to some extent. I believe they loved Caylee and Ill never question that.

Now on to something that might just get me banned and Im sorry if this offends but even with all the compassion in my heart I have always believed and will always believe that CA and GA are as much to blame for Caylee's death and the killer herself, ICA. They don't need this trial to find the "truth" because they've known it all along but they're never going to tell us because it makes their daughter look guilty (BECUASE SHE IS)... They'll always make excuses, always lie, never hold ICA accountable for anything, they created this monster and there is no turning back now! .... funny thing, if ICA got out (slim chance in heck), she'd head for the nearest Hilton, do a big money interview, and never talk to mommy and daddy again, i guess karma just might bite them in the butt! poor Caylee, she never had a chance!

Im still angry..... if CA thinks she is innocent, let it be because of the truth,,,,, for petes sake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i just don't get this...

countzero
06-23-2011, 09:11 PM
I cannot wait for JB to bring those bank records into evidence and question CA on how ICA was "borrowing" from her bank account. We have yet to see the computer records on how ICA accessed the bank account either.

Ya know as irritating as CA was today, it gives Linda a huge (read that CA HUGE) advantage now. JB you opened a whopper of a can of trouble for your client.

burningsky22
I never heard today that she googled BAMBOO of any kind. She googled chlorophyll. That's the first thing I would think of if my dog was sick....yep, chlorophyll will do it every time....

i know that. but there was talk she was googling what her dogs ate that could have made the lethargic, bamboo was brought up in the testimony and on ng, per testimony she talked about brown and red coloring on plants, which heavenly bamboo has. that's all. just sleuthing around.

dog.gone.cute
She'll have to get a new one. The one she had burst into flames and nearly burned down the courthouse.

:rocker: :great::great::great: Thanks for the laugh ... I needed it !!!

CharlestonGal
06-23-2011, 09:12 PM

You are exactly correct. I work for a healthcare organization (hospital) and one of my responsibilities is timekeeping. We have hourly employees and we have salaried employees. The ins and outs of timekeeping differ based on the employees status, but one thing remains the same - whether hourly or salaried we legally MUST keep track of their duty time. We track time electronically these days, but we still call them "timecards". We must account for each employee every day, hourly or salaried, and document whether they are present for their shift or not. If not, their time must be documented as annual leave, sick leave, family care leave, authorized absense for jury duty, etc.

All employees have a "duty tour" and are expected to be present during that tour and documentation must be kept of the hours they are not present during their duty tour. We are required to keep timecard records for 7 years, and our time accounts are audited quarterly. Everything must match up.

One additional thing - we are not permitted to document our own timecards. Ever. I am personally a timekeeper and keep time for about 75 employees, but am not allowed to touch my own timecard - my supervisor has to do it.

I've been in healthcare for over 25 years and have worked for numerous facilities in that time - what I stated above is standard practice for healthcare companies. Private MD offices may differ, but Gentiva would not. I have no doubt they keep track of every employee's time, salaried or not.

MissJames
06-23-2011, 09:13 PM

BBM
She is a huge liar.
When YM first told Cindy about the chloroform search she never mentioned she searched for it o r for chlorophyl (cuz he never asked her :maddening: )
In the depo she does not say she searched specifically for chloroform ,as she did today. Her lies are growing .:liar:

She's lying and I'm not even going to bother saying JMO. :innocent:

crucibelle
06-23-2011, 09:14 PM
When one of my animals are sick I normally do a seach that inludes somthing to the extent of "dog tired all the time" or better yet visit a vet site for faq.

I do not think that anyone at all would know what a certain plant is made of? I wonder if there were any other searches that time of additional searches that COULD relate to a tired dog?

Is CA saying that just all of a sudden she thinks.. wow I think my tree in the yard has chlorophyll in it that is making my dog sleepy.
Prosecution needs to know if she found her answer as why the dog was tired, did she do any other searches, did she visit a dog forum, did she look to yahoo answers .. why just the word Chlorophyll.

I hope when prosecution gets their bearing back they will drive that Mac truck over her entire testimony today.

BBM. Same here. My cat got outside one time, and when he came back in he was drooling profusely and acting like his mouth was irritated. I figured he'd chewed on some plant that didn't agree with him. I looked up "cat drooling", "cat oral irritation", "cat allergies" and other variations of those. It didn't even cross my mind to look up plants, and certainly NOT chlorophyll. I ended up calling a free veterinarian hotline here in DE to find out what I should do. CA is lying, no doubt in my mind about that.

Desdemona
06-23-2011, 09:15 PM
This is something I just read on another forum. Anyone???

"Just repeating what I said before - I think Cindy undid any harm when she denied she made the "how to make chloroform search and the "how to make household weapons"
Now here's a big thing though. When I cam across casey's stumbleupon account, I went on the sites she had looked at. One of them led me to the sci-bot site or whatever it was called - the site they talked about today. I have been trying for a year to replicate what i did before, but haven't had any luck - but if someone wants to tell Ashton that they can trace casey as the user of that site if they look at her stumbleupon account history, be my guest. At least that would prove it was casey and not Cindy for those searches.
BTW, for those that don't know what stumbleupon is, it's a site that suggests sights you might like. Ricardo had an account too."Probably won't help at this point, but this is her old stumbleupon:

http://www.stumbleupon.com/stumbler/caseyomarie/all/

And a thread on Sinkholes, which is a part of her stumbled-upon sites:
Sinkholes... - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

(Please forgive me if this is already covered; I'm playing catch-up...)

coloradoteacher
06-23-2011, 09:16 PM
I refuse to watch HLN ever again after Vinnie's tribute to CA this evening. Are they all slobbering about how wonderful CA is for choosing to lie for ICA instead of standing up for Caylee??

I respectfully disagree. I was just getting ready to post that although many TH's are trying not to judge CA for what she did since she is a "victim" and is being a mom, most of the discussion is about how she is definitely lying.

It is actually making me feel better that every talking head thinks she is lying. Perhaps the jury can see through this as well.

nursebeeme
06-23-2011, 09:16 PM
you guys... we need to be really careful on not bashing CA. Trust me I am not pleased with her testimony either but make sure to think carefully and keep TOS in mind before posting.. (I find the sitting on one hand and typing with the other hand technique helpful LOL)

thanks so much... you guys ROCK!

Oakley
06-23-2011, 09:18 PM
What I am wondering is, would her attorney allow her to take a step like this knowing perjury in a capital murder case can land you 15 years in prison??? He must have known, and somehow her work records must show her as leaving on those days. Why else would he let her do this if she were not "covered", so to speak???

IDK but Cindy doesn't have a great track record for following her attorney's advice. I would venture a guess that ML didn't know, but maybe he is simply turning a deaf ear. IMO

barrysgirl

They don't technically clock in. They just have to keep up with their time on a weekly timesheet. That's also how they keep up with their comp time owed to them as well, so, IMO, the employees would WANT to make sure they are correct.

Cookie278
I am one of those who was disappointed in Cindy today. :anguish: I too felt that she
had finally worked through her need to deny. I understood why she held so
tightly to her belief that ICA was innocent and defended that belief aggressively.
I can't even imgine being in her shoes. In the end, it hurt ICA and CA far
more than it helped.

After thinking on it, I think todays testimony was about keeping ICA off death row.
I suspect, that JB probably approached CA with how bad the case is going, that ICA
will die unless something can be done to remover the premeditation. Right or
wrong I can understand CA needing to try and do just that.

But in the end I don't think CA's attempt will matter much. Her testimony was obviously
slanted to save her daughter.

Having said all that, I was never really sold on the chloroform angle. I don't know
why the levels were so high in the trunk, or why the computer searches, but
it always seemed too far fetched to think KC would pick that method to put
Caylee to sleep, or to kill her. Much easier ways to do those things.

I DO think that the duct tape was the murder weapon. And I DO think THAT shows premeditation.
And I do NOT think CA can explain that away. :twocents:

bunchy

I'll go with she's a huge liar.

gitana1
06-23-2011, 09:19 PM
THIS. And I'm also wondering why the DA didn't have the employment records (time cards, emails, meeting notes, whatever) to substantiate that CA was at work (if she was) during the time these searches were done. The two chlor's information was in the deposition, they should have known this would be an issue. Maybe it's coming in the rebuttal case?

I think they do. I;m pretty sure they gathered all those records way back when, when CA tried to insinuate she was the one who could have done the searches because she was looking up chlorophyll.

I hope they do go after her! The lies she is getting away with deserve some consequences and punishment. This whole family has been getting away with so much for so long it's just unbelievable!:maddening:

They will never go after her. I guarantee you.

Dang girl this good stuff you should be a lawyer..

I am a lawyer! Lol!

Did anyone hear JVM on HLN with Vinnie P., just before the end of his show, JVM said she observed Cindy and JB outside in a very chummy talk, and laughing???

I'm still worried about the "84" searches. That would be horrible for the State. if it has another explanation, and it really was only once!!

What do you mean? What's up with the 84 searches?

You'd end up with egg on your face because there are a number of searches related to dogs and fleas.

Really? I saw the examination of the computer guy. Not once did I hear a thing about dogs or fleas as he chronologically went through all the searches that were conducted at the same time chloroform was searched on those two days. can you give me a link? I mean, I'm sure lots of things were looked up on that computer but unless it was done at the same time as the chloroform searches, it would be irrelevant. If it was, however, it could weaken the impact of the chloroform searches so I would like to know. TIA.

Totally off subject of Cindy, but pertaining to your last paragraph...

I had a deposition recently and the guy would ask me questions but not listen to my answers. But he couldn't have known what I was going to say either because it was questions about my past. It drove me insane!

But I swear to Gawd, he could have been Baez's brother. Even the court reporter would snicker at his stupidity.

Eegads! Depos are much different than cross examination. In depos, you want to let the witness or opposing party talk as much as possible and really listen to and follow up on their answers. It allows you to fish and give them rope to hang themselves with if they are lying because liars change their story a lot. In cross it usually doesn't matter what they answer, or if they answer at all. It's just you making your point. It sounds like this attorney didn't know what he was doing in depo.

PomMom12
Oh. My. God.

I'm still reeling from Cindy's testimony today. If we didn't know it before, we know now where Casey learned how to lie. She obviously grew up watching The Master.

:furious::furious::furious::furious::furious::furi ous:

Boytwnmom
if anything one day was St Patrick's so you'd think it would be easier especially since she already testified about how busy Mondays were (it was a Monday) and how she had to work late on Mondays. Why would it be easier to remember three years later than it was back then when she had no recollection of being home?

Also, it's clear ICA was also there because there were also MYSPACE and other hits so you'd think she'd remember coming home two days in one workweek and finding her daughter who had a big job at Universal home on the computer.

TotallyObsessed
06-23-2011, 09:20 PM
Thankfully I have been away most of the night and couldn't listen to the THs. I am listening to Dr. Drew right now...heard the tail end of NG...of course they both are so very sympathetic to CA....
BUT
they don't know the things we who have followed this case from day 31. They don't know of the lying, of giving the wrong brush to the FBI, of CA considering to give the dogs' toothbrush to LE (words spoken from her own mouth). Lies, lies, lies. This is not JUST a grieving grandmother and one that is scared to death of losing her mirror image daughter. This is a masterful liar, the one that ICA learned from. I can bet you if any of these talking heads knew the cold hard facts of Cindy Anthony....they wouldn't be spouting off like they are tonight.

passionflower
06-23-2011, 09:21 PM
hmmm. Makes me wonder if CA looked up cloroform after she saw a search on the computer for clorAform.
CA sees dog is not active, but sleepy and KNEW ICA had researched how to make clorAform?
looking up clorophyll is odd, IMO........a nurse should know it won't hurt a dog.
Dogs eat grass all the time (bamboo?)

Jav
06-23-2011, 09:21 PM
i know that. but there was talk she was googling what her dogs ate that could have made the lethargic, bamboo was brought up in the testimony and on ng, per testimony she talked about brown and red coloring on plants, which heavenly bamboo has. that's all. just sleuthing around.

Yes, but she never SAID she googled bamboo and you know that if she had googled bamboo, the DT would have mentioned it. All the things that she said about the brown and red coloring makes me think just as someone else mentioned....she recently googled bamboo, but did not google it that day, nor was she even home that day. She flat out lied and I hope they call her on it!!!! I hope she tosses and turns all night tonight and that Caylee haunts her dreams...

nursebeeme
06-23-2011, 09:23 PM
Gitana,
re: the 84 searches stuff:

R. Hornsby said that 17 march (or the other computer search day) was day 84 in the calendar year and that the computer program could have been annotating that vs the number of times it was actually searched...

he further said, iirc, that they have an expert that could be talking about this or that Jose is onto this track?

hope that helps

dani
snipped for space...

But just because it's not usually done doesn't mean the state can't recall her again - right? I mean they've had several witnesses on many times. I don't think the jury would find it odd to once again see Cindy on the stand after seeing so many witnesses come and go multiple times.

Also, she very likely was blindsided (LDB). Now that she's had the chance to think and refresh her memory re: depositions and time lines and computer searches, etc., she'll be much more prepared to ask Cindy the most relevant details.

So whether it's commonly done or not, the jurors certainly won't know the difference and what would the harm be in calling her back to tie up the dangling loose ends? I can see several chances for gain and very few for loss at this point.

Your excellent post gave me an idea :waitasec:. What if LDB knew this was coming? What if she (LDB) purposely acted miffed? What if the whole SA plan is that they will HAVE to beat-up CA to prove a major point in the rebuttal, but knew that CA was being looked on by the jury as a sympathetic figure after her "meltdown" on the stand during the SA's case? (Which would make the SA look like big, bad meanies.) So, now that CA has shown the world that she has tossed aside the memory of that beautiful child, Caylee, to protect her evil spawn, Casey, no one will care when CA gets mowed down by that Mack truck powered by Ashton, Burdick, & George. Isn't it all about perception in the end? :twocents:

ZsaZsa
hello there!

i guess the reason i believe CA is lying boils down to common sense. i know (and the jury knows) there were depositions taken beforehand. it is pretty clear that the prosecution was confident in their computer forensics, and in their CIC there were no definitive questions from the SA or the DT about anyone other than ICA possibly making those searches. To me, the professionalism and organization (for lack of a better term) the SA's have has been evident. They have covered ALL bases, all questions, all doubt...until now. The fact that this was clearly a surprise to them makes me think that regardless of what CA or JB says, this is a new revelation.

Plus...how do you get from dogs eating bamboo to chlorophyll to chloroform in a google search? It just doesn't make sense. She just seemed like she was lying (too much unnecessary detail, things not adding up, etc). Also, she's the defendant's mother. She's obviously in a precarious position, but doesn't want her daughter to get the DP, and those internet searches are the one thing linking her to premeditation. Any juror that wouldn't factor this concept into their deliberation is a fool, IMO.

Here is CA's 2009 depo. She claimed the same thing then, she searched for Chlorophyll..... page 172
http://www.thehinkymeter.com/Library/CMA/depos/cindyanthonydepo072809.pdf

Of course it was common knowledge by then, that searches for chloroform had been found on their computer, so it wasn't much of a stretch for her to come up with that lie. She lies enough that it comes easy..

GiantPickle
I have to say that just because the scare was old doesn't mean she didn't get the forwarded email (which is what she said) that talked about the scare in March. My not so smart sister always forwards stupid things like this and they are usually the scares everyone and their brother heard about two years ago (like waking up in a bathtub with your kidney missing kinda old). I would think one could find that email though, right??

I just googled the hand sanitizer scare - IT WAS MAY-JUNE 2007!

:liar: Cindy! :tsktsk:

I googled - hand sanitizer scare

So she lied about it coming out in March of 2008 as well! :liar:

ThinkTank
06-23-2011, 09:24 PM
Nancy Grace just said the prosecution has the time keeper from Gentiva on their witness list. Can't wait for rebuttal.:great:

Custodian Of Records, Gentiva Health - added Dec 3, 2008

https://docs.google.com/document/edit?id=1eypXuLsh5uatd0yhKQPIBl3_qCYIw5K-bc0q2jEVkHo&hl=en
STATE WITNESS LIST

Jav
Thankfully I have been away most of the night and couldn't listen to the THs. I am listening to Dr. Drew right now...heard the tail end of NG...of course they both are so very sympathetic to CA....
BUT
they don't know the things we who have followed this case from day 31. They don't know of the lying, of giving the wrong brush to the FBI, of CA considering to give the dogs' toothbrush to LE (words spoken from her own mouth). Lies, lies, lies. This is not JUST a grieving grandmother and one that is scared to death of losing her mirror image daughter. This is a masterful liar, the one that ICA learned from. I can bet you if any of these talking heads knew the cold hard facts of Cindy Anthony....they wouldn't be spouting off like they are tonight.

Wow! I hadn't heard that about giving them the dogs toothbrush! IF she said that and it's on tape, I would admit that into evidence during rebuttal and prove what a liar CA is and what lengths she would go to to cover for her.

LongtimeMedic

She said she remembered it because it was right around her anniversary and Casey's birthday... she answered why she would remember.

ZsaZsa
Yes, but she never SAID she googled bamboo and you know that if she had googled bamboo, the DT would have mentioned it. All the things that she said about the brown and red coloring makes me think just as someone else mentioned....she recently googled bamboo, but did not google it that day, nor was she even home that day. She flat out lied and I hope they call her on it!!!! I hope she tosses and turns all night tonight and that Caylee haunts her dreams...

She embellishes her lies as much as ICA does. She cannot just tell it, she always has to add on and on to appear convincing..

barrysgirl
The work records of both George and Cindy have allready been introduced. At any time, has Cindy ever said before that she was home on those days? Surely the jury will see this hail mary for what it is.

Sleuth5
hmmm. Makes me wonder if CA looked up cloroform after she saw a search on the computer for clorAform.
CA sees dog is not active, but sleepy and KNEW ICA had researched how to make clorAform?
looking up clorophyll is odd, IMO........a nurse should know it won't hurt a dog.
Dogs eat grass all the time (bamboo?)

I don't think CA ever saw ICA's browser or history. I don't believe for one minute that the sneaky little inmate left that browser open, or the computer logged in to her user account, for one minute. She password protected that account too. The Jailhouse tapes show that she wasn't even willing to give LA the correct password. She knew what she was up to, but more than that, she had loads of personal stuff and damning evidence regarding her real (not fantasy work) life and didn't want her parents to know.

Don't forget, this is somebody who went to the trouble of creating fake emails to fool her parents about her work activities. It's pretty impossible to imagine she didn't take great care with her basic user security.

mrye4709
06-23-2011, 09:25 PM
Was CA asked if she googled shovel? For the life of me, I don't understand why anyone would google shovel.

I do understand why CA got in the faces of people calling ICA names and damning her, no one wants to hear anyone talk that way about their kids no matter what. But, to make the claims she made today just blows me away. JA will take care of it, I have no doubt, it justs ticks me off that she did this.

Whisperer
06-23-2011, 09:25 PM
I never knew Yorkies liked bamboo. I know Panda bears do. Who would have thought they had so much in common?

Jean517
06-23-2011, 09:26 PM
I have never been comfortable with the idea of ICA searching for menengial bleeding, ruptured spleen, internal bleeding and some of the other terms. That has always sounded like CA to me. That and the fact that no bottle or container that had contained chloroform was found nor a rag or something to administer it. Although I think ICA is guilty of murder and it involved duct tape and that it was pre meditated, I just have some problems with the chloroform. I know that high levels were found in the trunk but I sure wish there was more to go on to connect it.

Hisimage
06-23-2011, 09:27 PM
My worry about work and time cards: I think she said today that it would show she was at work, even if she wasn't. She made some comment about the being on salary blah, blah , blah.

Okay then we have cell phone pings.... Oh, I probably left my cell phone at work, I do that alllll the time, forget my phone.

Why the emails, I mean really?, what would that prove?

Trapshooter
Well I am here to eat crow. :ashamed: I was one of "those" who believed Cindy had changed. My heart broke for her as she "broke down" on the stand while listening to her 911 call. I actually posted in the GA & CA Support Thread.

I am very disappointed and angry with Cindy. :furious: I can understand wanting to save your daughter from death but what I don't understand is how easily they can forget Caylee? :(

I think I am more disappointed in myself for believing Cindy & George had finally come around to seeing the light. :(:(:(

barrysgirl
Are you freaking kidding me??? I had to turn it after the 5pm hour show. I couldn't take any more.

Until the past few days, I always believed that Beth Karras and Jean C. were the 2 people that always stayed neutral but lately Jean has tipped over to the side of the defense and it has made me sick.

GeekyGirl
Gitana,

R. Hornsby said that 17 march (or the other computer search day) was day 84 in the calendar year and that the computer program could have been annotating that vs the number of times it was actually searched...

he further said, iirc, that they have an expert that could be talking about this or that Jose is onto this track?

hope that helps

We're having quite a good discussion on the Anthony computer forensics thread... One problem with that is that march 24th is the 84th day of 2008

nursebeeme
06-23-2011, 09:28 PM
I have to say that just because the scare was old doesn't mean she didn't get the forwarded email (which is what she said) that talked about the scare in March. My not so smart sister always forwards stupid things like this and they are usually the scares everyone and their brother heard about two years ago (like waking up in a bathtub with your kidney missing kinda old). I would think one could find that email though, right??
good thoughts pickle... they can also check her email to see when she received the HS alert email.... oh.. but then her story could change again and she can say she "heard it"....either way her cookie is baked... easy to catch her in these lies with all the data they have..

I don't think the state thought she would "go there"...

Solomisskitty
After NOT watching this afternoon's testimony by CA but perusing the news and the comments here, I come back again to my opinion that CA, mother, will do and say anything, even if it's perjury, to save her daughter from the death penalty. Baby Caylee is gone and there's nothing that will bring her back. CA is doing, and GA is enduring, everything that can possibly be done to keep ICA alive.

burningsky22
I don't think CA ever saw ICA's browser or history. I don't believe for one minute that the sneaky little inmate left that browser open, or the computer logged in to her user account, for one minute. She password protected that account too. The Jailhouse tapes show that she wasn't even willing to give LA the correct password. She knew what she was up to, but more than that, she had loads of personal stuff and damning evidence regarding her real (not fantasy work) life and didn't want her parents to know.

Don't forget, this is somebody who went to the trouble of creating fake emails to fool her parents about her work activities. It's pretty impossible to imagine she didn't take great care with her basic user security.

do we know if they had separate log ons for the computer? or was it just left open for anyone to bring up an internet browser?

ZsaZsa
06-23-2011, 09:29 PM
The work records of both George and Cindy have allready been introduced. At any time, has Cindy ever said before that she was home on those days? Surely the jury will see this hail mary for what it is.

No,during her 2009 depo she claimed a search for chlorophyll but did not mention being home during the times the searches for Chloroform were made. Now she is aware from discovery of exactly when they were done she has somehow recalled leaving work to go home for that short amount of time,to search....

barrysgirl
06-23-2011, 09:30 PM

https://docs.google.com/document/edit?id=1eypXuLsh5uatd0yhKQPIBl3_qCYIw5K-bc0q2jEVkHo&hl=en
STATE WITNESS LIST

Is there a record of his deposition somewhere?

thefragile7393
06-23-2011, 09:31 PM
I am astonished by the lack of empathy for Cindy. Her life must be a living hell. I cannot imagine a worse position for a parent to be in. I cherish honesty and integrity as much as anyone, but I know I would lie in a heartbeat, and never regret it, if I thought it was necessary to save my child's life. Unless, that is, my child were on trial for murdering my grandchild, or my mother, or my wife, or anyone else I loved as unconditionally as I love my child. The conflict that would create in me is so great I think I would explode.
So you lie for the person who killed your own grandchild? Seriously?! Why would this create a conflict? I don't care how much I love my friends, children, or parents, if they do something like this I'm not lying for them. I'm not lying for them even on minor things. They need to face the consequences of their own actions. This isn't about Casey, this is about her child, CA's grandchild. I don't claim that this is necessarily easy, however standing up for what is right is not always easy. She is also under oath, which means lies can get her and her child into massive trouble. You claim to cherish honesty and integrity but then state you'd lie for your kids and be conflicted if they were charged with something as horrible as this. I'm sure because of thinking like this we have some rather sick people walking the streets. I don't feel sorry for people who try to aid and abet people in getting away with crime. That's not love.

ZsaZsa
BUT

NG knows all those things, but for some reason swallowed the Mother Love Koolaid tonight. I lost faith in NG this evening, completely.

burningsky22
We're having quite a good discussion on the Anthony computer forensics thread... One problem with that is that march 24th is the 84th day of 2008

link:

http://landweb.nascom.nasa.gov/browse/calendar.html

Quiche
So, I guess while the defense is scrambling to dissect the computer data for June 16th, the State will be deciphering Cindy's work hours on March 17th. Lot's of midnight oil burning this week. jmo

hpvdr
06-23-2011, 09:32 PM
Just need to vent and talk out loud here...

Fortunately Jane Valdez had a good line-up tonight with great opinions about Cindy's performance today, which might make it possible for me to sleep tonight. I have to remember the juror's are quite smart.

One juror is an IT person. Cindy said "I don't know what my computer does when it's running...well Cindy the IT juror does and computers DON'T search chloroform 84 times by them self.

Another thing on JVM is that there is a nurse, a nurses student and a teacher that teaches health science sitting on the jury....they are going to know that a nurse doesn't have to google hydrogen peroxide or rubbing alcohol.

Also mentioned on JVM.....Cindy's lies were not even put together well She said that liars give you too much detail and basically she caught herself in her own lies. Just Yes or No Cindy and Casey.

On JVM it was mentioned.....it happens all the time, parents lie for their children on the stand, prosecutors are accustomed to family members changing their stories (yes i'm paraphrasing)

JVM says.....How can you remember a pop-up three years later (in ref to neck breaking skate boarder pop up)

My own brain working overtime here.....if at the time chloroform was searched 84 times and house hold weapons were searched simultaneously and Cindy did NOT search house hold weapons, then she obviously was not the one searching chloroform at that time.

And then there is always the June 16th computer usage that hasn't even come into evidence yet.....we know that Cindy was at work that day and she won't be able to give us some story about her "falsified" time sheet. Will be very interesting to find out what that computer was being used for in the hours surrounding Caylee's death.

IMO Cindy is not as good of a liar as her daughter.

~n/t~
06-23-2011, 09:32 PM
After NOT watching this afternoon's testimony by CA but perusing the news and the comments here, I come back again to my opinion that CA, mother, will do and say anything, even if it's perjury, to save her daughter from the death penalty. Baby Caylee is gone and there's nothing that will bring her back. CA is doing, and GA is enduring, everything that can possibly be done to keep ICA alive.

They could plea mercy during the penalty phase. There is absolutely no reason to lie on the stand. By doing so, she's actually reinforcing Casey's psychopathic behaviour. Even Casey said "wow" when her mom lied for her. Imagine that!

Would you do that to your child? I wouldn't.

Sleuth5
06-23-2011, 09:33 PM
do we know if they had separate log ons for the computer? or was it just left open for anyone to bring up an internet browser?

IIRC, that is established. The user account for GA and CA has all internet history found in an Explorer cache. The RICO223 (correct me if I' m wrong, don't remember exactly) was ICA's and the internet history is Firefox cached.

TotallyObsessed
I changed my avatar from a not so flattering picture of Cindy and George after I believed that she was going to do the right thing for her granddaughter. I was just now looking for a horrible pic of Cindy (and believe you me, there are MANY) to change back to, but I decided to put a picture that would show WHAT CINDY SHOULD BE THINKING ABOUT.

Done with her.

ZsaZsa
So you lie for the person who killed your own grandchild? Seriously?! Why would this create a conflict? I don't care how much I love my friends, children, or parents, if they do something like this I'm not lying for them. I'm not lying for them even on minor things. They need to face the consequences of their own actions. This isn't about Casey, this is about her child, CA's grandchild. I don't claim that this is necessarily easy, however standing up for what is right is not always easy. She is also under oath, which means lies can get her and her child into massive trouble. You claim to cherish honesty and integrity but then state you'd lie for your kids and be conflicted if they were charged with something as horrible as this. I'm sure because of thinking like this we have some rather sick people walking the streets. I don't feel sorry for people who try to aid and abet people in getting away with crime. That's not love.

:hand::hand::hand::hand::hand::hand:

Etilema
06-23-2011, 09:34 PM

Yes, for sure things get forwarded around for YEARS. And I don't disbelieve that Cindy saw an email like that at some point in time. But I think she just grabbed onto that memory to bolster her lies. It's a common trick of Casey's too, to intertwine some kind of real-life experience (of herself or someone else).

Hisimage
06-23-2011, 09:35 PM
Well I am here to eat crow. :ashamed: I was one of "those" who believed Cindy had changed. My heart broke for her as she "broke down" on the stand while listening to her 911 call. I actually posted in the GA & CA Support Thread.

I am very disappointed and angry with Cindy. :furious: I can understand wanting to save your daughter from death but what I don't understand is how easily they can forget Caylee? :(

I think I am more disappointed in myself for believing Cindy & George had finally come around to seeing the light. :(:(:(

I am with you my friend. While I never was against CA, I was just quiet about the Anthonys. I sort of empathized with them, feeling that I had no right to judge what I would do if I were in that situation. I was also never for them because I knew I wouldn't lie to the authorities because I'm sure it would have got me know where.

So---when I felt like like she was coming around I was truly very proud of her. Now--- I am angry, almost as angry if one of my children lied to me.
Do I feel like a fool? No! I feel like a person who can show compassion to someone is going through hell. Will I trust what she has to say ever again ? A very huge NO

On that note I will continue to pray for that family. I also hope that they understand just because they are lying to us does not mean we believe it. I hope that someday they will understand that this is why ICA is who she is. And I hope they understand that their little , beautiful Caylee Marie is very disappointed in CC.

ZsaZsa

:tyou::tyou::tyou:

Whisperer
At least we all know now why the Anthonys need a Criminal Defense Attorney....

JustMeDeb
Maybe Lee is the smart one to stay away.

SMK
06-23-2011, 09:36 PM
NG knows all those things, but for some reason swallowed the Mother Love Koolaid tonight. I lost faith in NG this evening, completely.Do you mean Nancy Grace? Sorry, have not been able to watch anything, is she defending CA, then? :waitasec:

Boytwnmom
06-23-2011, 09:36 PM
say who the friend was because of attorney client privilege which has to rank up there with the most ridiculous and incriminating things I've ever heard as there is no legal reason to hide the identity of a friend who had an accident unless there was no friend and no accident and so the silence speaks volumes about the veracity of her testimony.

And get the name of this "friend" from CA to prove they were in an accident, as well.

IfIMay
06-23-2011, 09:37 PM
They could plea mercy during the penalty phase. There is absolutely no reason to lie on the stand. By doing so, she's actually reinforcing Casey's psychopathic behaviour. Even Casey said "wow" when her mom lied for her. Imagine that!

No, I would't. And I would add that if I were a juror and understand that she lied under oath, then she loses any empathy I might have had for her in the penalty phase.

LongtimeMedic
06-23-2011, 09:37 PM

The Hand sanitizer issue still had legs in 2008... if you note, this article is dated March 2008 and there were many that preceded this one, along with many chain emails regarding the issue.

http://www.thedailygreen.com/living-green/blogs/organic-parenting/hand-sanitizer-66031401

JustMeDeb
06-23-2011, 09:38 PM
Was CA asked if she googled shovel? For the life of me, I don't understand why anyone would google shovel.

I do understand why CA got in the faces of people calling ICA names and damning her, no one wants to hear anyone talk that way about their kids no matter what. But, to make the claims she made today just blows me away. JA will take care of it, I have no doubt, it justs ticks me off that she did this.

Yes, she said she had no reason to search for shovel.

mendz
06-23-2011, 09:40 PM
so, apologies in advance if this was touched on but, my fiance' noticed something about LDB's cross exam of cindy tonight. cindy agreed to all of the searches done on march 17th (acetone, chloroform, peroxide), but denied the searches done on march 21st (HOW TO MAKE chloroform, self-defense, etc.) meaning, LDB knew exactly what she was doing and was not caught off guard but instead is preparing for the rebuttal.
http://www.clickorlando.com/download/2011/0224/26984466.pdf
scroll to March 17th, 2008.

gmt
06-23-2011, 09:41 PM

She was ask about the shovel, her response was no, she did not need to look up shovel on a computer.

kaRN

I think ICA was reacting to the audacity of LDB even asking about the meds. Only ICA can dis her parents. IMO she expects them to lie for her and was shocked after they gave their testimonies in the States CIC. She even had a bawling meltdown over it.
Happy almost St Jean Baptiste ma voisin!! :seeya:

4realtho

Before this is over you may be adding GA and LA to your DO NOT LIKE LIST.

ami
She said she remembered it because it was right around her anniversary and Casey's birthday... she answered why she would remember.

She said that was why she kind of recalled being home for half days around that time - not why she was doing the computer searches, or details of how many hours she worked, or when she left work, or what she searched for (which is what she said she didn't remember because she had no reason to...then went into the skateboarding video tangent)

passionflower
06-23-2011, 09:42 PM
Casey lies, Cindy lies...George and Lee? Maybe they all lie and are all involved in covering up what happened to Caylee...that is what I am thinking, anyway, at least as a possibility. If I am a juror, after seeing George and Lee acting so oddly with Casey on the jail tapes, and now this with Cindy, I think it would not be out of the question to believe the whole defense theory...and then Casey made a hash of getting rid of Caylee's body.

maybe that is why ICA said "don't worry, I didn't tell them anything"
That phrase always bothered me.

Whisperer
06-23-2011, 09:43 PM
Because of cindys outrageous lies, she may have lost all sympathy from the jurors regarding the death penalty.

Sabrina2011

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH OMG :offtobed:

kaRN
so, apologies in advance if this was touched on but, my fiance' noticed something about LDB's cross exam of cindy tonight. cindy agreed to all of the searches done on march 17th (acetone, chloroform, peroxide), but denied the searches done on march 21st (HOW TO MAKE chloroform, self-defense, etc.) meaning, LDB knew exactly what she was doing and was not caught off guard but instead is preparing for the rebuttal.
scroll to March 17th, 2008.

Good catch!! And I mean the double entendre lol!! :rocker:

Purple Iris
Rick and Shirley P. on rebuttal, please! You know Cindy has moaned the truth of things to her own mom... What a generational mess.

I've only gotton to page 5 on this, and probably won't go any further.

I really can't see how anyone would be surprised at todays turn of events.
So she gets up on the stand the first week and lets it roll.
Once she regained her composure, she has sat silently in the back, madly taking notes with her head buried in her notebook.

I'm as disgusted as the rest of you are, don't get me wrong, but I am not surprised one bit. I wasn't ready to put my guard down on either one of them.

Now, as far as Grandma Shirley goes, let's not forget that Cindy visited her prior to her interview with LE, that everyone thought was so cute, etc. {whisking around the house looking for a lost cat, offering coffee, etc}
What I remember from Grandma Shirley's LE interview is her remark that she hoped Cindy wouldn't be angry with her for the things that she said.
You don't think that Cindy coached her mother??
There was *talk* at one time, that Cindy had gone to her mother that any talk of Casey was strickly off limits if they were going to continue a relationship.

Not meaning to anger anyone, or make light of everyone's feelings here, but I just don't see how so many were so easily duped.
Maybe my age and being cynical in regards to some things have held me back on this topic.

Burn me once, shame on you, burn me twice, shame on me.
Cindy is a burner, and always has been and we all have seen it first hand, over and over and over.
And, it still isn't over.

I do hope that the state is busy right now getting their ducks in a straight row for round 2.

Z-sleuth
06-23-2011, 09:44 PM
The "iorny" is that ICA is so obviously guilty and the State's case is so convincing, that CA has to lie to save her. Hello? She's not WORTH saving! She murdered your granddaughter! Wake up, woman!

sissyjane
06-23-2011, 09:44 PM
Because of cindys outrageous lies, she may have lost all sympathy from the jurors regarding the death penalty.

I hadn't thought of that, but it sounds reasonable. If true, she may have doomed her daughter rather than helped her! Good point!

NJ Lawyer
06-23-2011, 09:45 PM
The searches on myspace and chloroform were 20 or 30 seconds apart, IIRC. While this point may be made on rebuttal, I'd have made the point now. Very easy to do in one simple question today. ("Cindy, you see here where there's a search on myspace 20 seconds after your search for choloroform? Did you also do that search? ") This way, the jurors strike out Cindy's ridiculous testimony as a reasonable doubt in their minds and move on. No reason to keep it all separate.

butwhatif?
06-23-2011, 09:46 PM
My :twocents:

I think it's possible that CA was at home on the days of the computer searches because I know that people can and do fudge their time cards/ work hours. Happens all the time. that issue is no biggie to me.

But the fact is, the search was for how to make chloroform, and CA's explanation doesn't fit with the search.

Also, while I might believe that she looked up alcohol because of the hand sanitizer/danger issue, it also does NOT fit with searches (unless we are not seeing the whole list of searches.) I would expect the google entry to be 'alcohol content in hand sanitizer', 'Hand sanitizer risk to children' or something along those lines.

I also would NOT expect her to then look up acetone etc to know if it was a danger to a child. That's pretty basic. A no-brainer, and more so for someone in the medical field.
I've been a CA supporter from the get-go, but this is obviously pure fabrication in an attempt to remove premeditation.

I still empathize with CA, but it's beyond frustrating to see her still trying to cover for ICA after all the evil things she has done.

I'll have to go back to check her other oaths because I noticed in today's one she said "So help me God, Yes"...and I don't recall her saying that before.
To me it was almost like she was saying "Please forgive me God for what I'm about to do".

JMO

MissJames
06-23-2011, 09:47 PM

:floorlaugh:

I would like a prescription for both,please :crazy:

dog.gone.cute

STATE WITNESS LIST

:great::great::great:

This tells me that the SA has been preparing for this all along ... they know the A's "history" ... and they know they have been obstructing justice for 3 years now ...

:great::great::great:

kantoo
amazingly, the THs tonight have pointed out some common sense points, that hopefully the jurors will see.

best one so far, on Dr. Drew, he said that if CA had some sort of memory impairment earlier, how did she remember the deposition so well? the computer searches so well?

common sense. i'm a nurse and i swear it doesn't happen this way with meds.

jmo

TwiceIrish
06-23-2011, 09:48 PM
Can someone explain the "day 83, day 82" thing that Hornsby brought up? Please? I couldn't understand the significance of that.

I haven't read the whole thread yet so sorry if this was already answered. But believe he was referring to the Julian date (of the searches) rather than the calendar date.

4realtho
OMG, the Anthony's attorney Mark Lippman sure is making the rounds today. I'm getting sick of his face being plastered on my TV screen on every show (back-to-back). Is he trying to do damage control or what? We are not drinking the koolaid Mr. Lippman, there's not enough sugar in it!

Boytwnmom
she said she could not remember specifics about when she was home as that time of her life was uneventful as compared to "the last three years". She said she did remember that she took some time off during the month because of things like Casey's birthday and her anniversary but didn't remember when but that if there were computer searches then that was when...very convincing....

TotallyObsessed

My DD, who has been watching this trial from day 1, knew how CRAZY UPSET I was today after Cindy's lies. I walked in the door, and she was watching NG and I was like "blah blah blah blah"...and my daughter said "Would you lie for me?" and without missing a beat I (almost) screamed "No". No hesitation, no having to think about it....nothing. I WOULD NOT LIE FOR MY CHILD. That is not to say I would not be HEARTBROKEN .... but I definitely would not lie.
Problem with Cindy is that her lies back during the "I'll sell my soul to the devil to save my daughter" days is that I believe she lied then, in conjunction with a morally bankrupt (like that word Jose?) defense being created for her daughter. She can't NOT lie now. Be sure though, the truth shall find you out Cindy. Whatever that might be.

Hisimage
06-23-2011, 09:50 PM

Wow:rocker:

Z-sleuth
06-23-2011, 09:51 PM

Wouldn't it be funny if Cindy was employing double-reverse psychology?! She duped ICA into thinking she was trying to help her, when in fact, she knew she would alienate the jury and make them more likely to put her on death row! Yeah, that's it!

mydailyopinions
06-23-2011, 09:51 PM

Interesting indeed!

Quiche
06-23-2011, 09:53 PM
I've only gotton to page 5 on this, and probably won't go any further.

I really can't see how anyone would be surprised at todays turn of events.
So she gets up on the stand the first week and lets it roll.
Once she regained her composure, she has sat silently in the back, madly taking notes with her head buried in her notebook.

I'm as disgusted as the rest of you are, don't get me wrong, but I am not surprised one bit. I wasn't ready to put my guard down on either one of them.

Now, as far as Grandma Shirley goes, let's not forget that Cindy visited her prior to her interview with LE, that everyone thought was so cute, etc. {whisking around the house looking for a lost cat, offering coffee, etc}
What I remember from Grandma Shirley's LE interview is her remark that she hoped Cindy wouldn't be angry with her for the things that she said.
You don't think that Cindy coached her mother??
There was *talk* at one time, that Cindy had gone to her mother that any talk of Casey was strickly off limits if they were going to continue a relationship.

Not meaning to anger anyone, or make light of everyone's feelings here, but I just don't see how so many were so easily duped.
Maybe my age and being cynical in regards to some things have held me back on this topic.

Burn me once, shame on you, burn me twice, shame on me.
Cindy is a burner, and always has been and we all have seen it first hand, over and over and over.
And, it still isn't over.

I do hope that the state is busy right now getting their ducks in a straight row for round 2.

I agree that Cindy "coached" her mother, but didn't her mother tell the truth about KC anyway? I seem to recall this little damning piece of information: KC hated Cindy more than she loved Caylee. Yep, let her repeat that for the jury.

And I think Rick should be called before Shirley. :D

Z-sleuth
06-23-2011, 09:53 PM
OMG, the Anthony's attorney Mark Lippman sure is making the rounds today. I'm getting sick of his face being plastered on my TV screen on every show (back-to-back). Is he trying to do damage control or what? We are not drinking the koolaid Mr. Lippman, there's not enough sugar in it!

He's reminding us that the A's are <modsnip> who are grabbing publicity while they can. Look for the book announcement, soon.

Harmony2
06-23-2011, 09:54 PM
Yes, there is. That was a given.

Link please to the chlorophyll search because I cannot find it... TIA

This is what I have found so far and I don't see "chlorophyll" but text is very hard to read

screen 32
http://www.wesh.com/casey-anthony-extended-coverage/19104541/slideshow.html

and the following attachment...

jeepgirlva
06-23-2011, 09:54 PM
No suprise that Cindy lied remember she destroyed evidence by cleaning the car that smelled liked a dead body..

4realtho
06-23-2011, 09:55 PM
I hadn't thought of that, but it sounds reasonable. If true, she may have doomed her daughter rather than helped her! Good point!

This would be the perfect karma along with CA/GA being fined and going to jail for perjury. And LA too if he wants some.

MissJames
06-23-2011, 09:55 PM
My :twocents:

I think it's possible that CA was at home on the days of the computer searches because I know that people can and do fudge their time cards/ work hours. Happens all the time. that issue is no biggie to me.

But the fact is, the search was for how to make chloroform, and CA's explanation doesn't fit with the search.

Also, while I might believe that she looked up alcohol because of the hand sanitizer/danger issue, it also does NOT fit with searches (unless we are not seeing the whole list of searches.) I would expect the google entry to be 'alcohol content in hand sanitizer', 'Hand sanitizer risk to children' or something along those lines.

I also would NOT expect her to then look up acetone etc to know if it was a danger to a child. That's pretty basic. A no-brainer, and more so for someone in the medical field.
I've been a CA supporter from the get-go, but this is obviously pure fabrication in an attempt to remove premeditation.

I still empathize with CA, but it's beyond frustrating to see her still trying to cover for ICA after all the evil things she has done.

I'll have to go back to check her other oaths because I noticed in today's one she said "So help me God, Yes"...and I don't recall her saying that before.
To me it was almost like she was saying "Please forgive me God for what I'm about to do".

JMO

I think the intent of todays testimony was simply to create some doubt. Just enough of it to stir the pot. It didn't make sense,although Cindy delivered her lies calmly and quite matter of fact (exactly like ICA ). It wasn't so much to convince the jurors ,as it was to unsettle them a bit.
The computer forensics are in black and white .They don't lie. Cindy knows much of what she said can be rebutted. The DT knows this ,also. They just want that one little seed of doubt ,so it can start growing.

crucibelle
06-23-2011, 09:56 PM
Not trying to stick up for Cindy, but why is that so hard to believe? Nurse's look stuff up all the time.

Sure they do. But if a nurse has to google to find out what the effects of alcohol and peroxide are, then that person shouldn't be a nurse. It's not the fact that she looked stuff up, it is the PARTICULAR items she looked up.

LongtimeMedic
06-23-2011, 09:59 PM
She said that was why she kind of recalled being home for half days around that time - not why she was doing the computer searches, or details of how many hours she worked, or when she left work, or what she searched for (which is what she said she didn't remember because she had no reason to...then went into the skateboarding video tangent)

The first 1:30 of this video is part of what she testified in court. At about the 50sec mark, CA says that she remembers the 21st because of the computer entries.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/caylee-anthony/os-casey-anthony-trial-day-26-20110623,0,1426663.story

cyberborg
06-23-2011, 09:59 PM

I agree ... He is now following in the exact footsteps of former attorney, BC.

Harmony2
06-23-2011, 10:01 PM
I am behind about 5 pages so I don't know if this has been covered. Please disregard if it has...

When asked about the stain, Cindy pointed to an area in the trunk close to marker B in the back of the trunk. The actual stain of decomposition was in the front close to marker A and the opening of the trunk..

lucimhome
06-23-2011, 10:01 PM
This is so MOVIE OF THE WEEK! CA taking notes thur the whole trial. releasing the statement last night. Everything being out there for 3 YEARS. I'm so believing the whole movie deal out there. Whoever is going to pay them for the rights ask them to make it more (if it isn't already) interesting.
It's all so Life time movie network. (think about it)
If I was one for writing words I could make it all make since to everyone. But.... I'm not! Nothing but a bunch of bull crap. Really CA...... What about CAYLEE? Don't you wish you had the opportunity to clean her baby Mamma for her now.

Fluffy Puppy
06-23-2011, 10:02 PM
I must be one of the few who "don't get it" when all these talking heads say they get it, she loves her daughter. Since when is it OK to lie on a witness stand? That just cannot be OK for the judicial system to work.

I also am thinking Cindy has made a deal with herself: she won't cover anymore for Casey's guilt, but she will say anything to help avoid the death penalty (in this case, she will help cover premeditation as one of the requirements for Murder 1).

All JMO

JMO

dog.gone.cute
06-23-2011, 10:03 PM
Before this is over you may be adding GA and LA to your DO NOT LIKE LIST.

:waitasec:

I wonder what GA and LA will do when they take the stand ?

If GA and LA "fall on the sword" for ICA, hopefully the SA will go after them for perjury ...

If GA and LA do NOT "fall on the sword" for ICA, they will suffer the "wrath" of Cindy ...

Hmmm ... what WILL they do ?

Chilly Willy
06-23-2011, 10:03 PM
I think the intent of todays testimony was simply to create some doubt. Just enough of it to stir the pot. It didn't make sense,although Cindy delivered her lies calmly and quite matter of fact (exactly like ICA ). It wasn't so much to convince the jurors ,as it was to unsettle them a bit.
The computer forensics are in black and white .They don't lie. Cindy knows much of what she said can be rebutted. The DT knows this ,also. They just want that one little seed of doubt ,so it can start growing.

It makes no sense to me. Why say she searched for chloroform but not for how to make chloroform? Why say she saw a pop up that might have talked about skateboarding at 'break neck speeds" but then deny looking up hand to hand combat or any of the other searches? My thought was that Cindy did the searches on the 17th and Casey did the searches on the 21st, but that does not appear to be what happened. I just don't get the purpose of lying about making half the searches while leave the worst half out there to be used against Casey.

JusticeSeeker1960
06-23-2011, 10:05 PM
LOL, ME is hillarious! Cindy-med for your memory!

mendz
06-23-2011, 10:05 PM

haha! thanks :) he's joined websleuths now (i've been a member for almost 3 years) so please don't hold me accountable for what he says...unless it's really good :floorlaugh:

Chilly Willy
06-23-2011, 10:06 PM
I am behind about 5 pages so I don't know if this has been covered. Please disregard if it has...

When asked about the stain, Cindy pointed to an area in the trunk close to marker B in the back of the trunk. The actual stain of decomposition was in the front close to marker A and the opening of the trunk..

That is correct. Both George and Cindy have said there was a basketball sized stain in the trunk when they first bought the car but neither of them have EVER said it is THE stain. Actually, they've said it isn't, yet people are still accusing Cindy of lying about it.

LambChop

I wonder if this will open the door for the highlighted pictures of the stain in the trunk since it was mentioned by defense. That would certainly leave no doubt in the minds of the jury. jmo

SoCalSleuth
While this point may be made on rebuttal, I'd have made the point now. Very easy to do in one simple question today. ("Cindy, you see here where there's a search on myspace 20 seconds after your search for choloroform? Did you also do that search? ") This way, the jurors strike out Cindy's ridiculous testimony as a reasonable doubt in their minds and move on. No reason to keep it all separate.

She made that point--that there was only 20 seconds between the myspace and chloroform searches with the computer expert after CA testified. Also, generally, not sure if this has been posted yet, but Richard Hornsby has tweeted that he was wrong about the Julian date.

Carolina Girl
06-23-2011, 10:07 PM

That has always bothered me too...And LA asking ICA if this is like the last time? WTH did that mean?

jschaudt
And thank you. I just got released by the moderator to speak. Mendz at least has the link to help out here.

I can tell that LDB separated her questions. She was confirming that Cindy was not committing perjury. She asked the questions "as if" it was a bombshell. Sounds good for defense, but you can't always show your hand. Cindy was asked about the stain and answered only for the one she knew of. The Pros can use the old stain vs. new stain against ICA.

The deposition was for Chlorophyll and the misspelling of Chloroform. Confirmed by LDB (silently). She NEVER ONCE said March 21st. That's smart. Did you search for "how to make chloroform?" and all the others were confirmation that Cindy didn't lie. Even Joy Behar is still going on how Cindy changed her story. She did not change it. Someone tell the news reporter to leave the Family Lawyer alone. Even he keeps saying that. He isn't lying.

gitana1
snipped for space...

Well, I suppose they can recall her but they would not be able to cross examine her or ask her what would be deemed "leading" questions in direct, but what would be fine in cross. That limits the state somewhat in controlling the message they want the jury to receive, or to outlining the inconsistencies in CA's testimony. They have to ask her more open-ended questions during rebuttal, which would be direct testimony and it gives CA more leeway to just go off in a crazy, histrionic lying tangent.

Gitana,

hope that helps

Thanks!!

I have never been comfortable with the idea of ICA searching for menengial bleeding, ruptured spleen, internal bleeding and some of the other terms. That has always sounded like CA to me. That and the fact that no bottle or container that had contained chloroform was found nor a rag or something to administer it. Although I think ICA is guilty of murder and it involved duct tape and that it was pre meditated, I just have some problems with the chloroform. I know that high levels were found in the trunk but I sure wish there was more to go on to connect it.

I can easily see casey searching these terms. That's because if she was looking up ways to act like she had to defend against an intruder who killed or took Caylee, then sites might reference terms she doesn't understand like "ruptured spleen" and thus she would have to look those terms up. I would expect a nurse's searches to actually be more specific like "protocals for treatment of ruptured spleen" or "recovery time for ruptured spleen", etc.

BBM. Thank you much for this!!! People were saying that the state had intentionally mislead us with the reference to 84 searches. I was confused by that but I guess this proves that is not the case!

mydailyopinions

It makes no sense to me. Why say she searched for chloroform but not for how to make chloroform? Why say she saw a pop up that might have talked about skateboarding at 'break neck speeds" but then deny looking up hand to hand combat or any of the other searches? My thought was that Cindy did the searches on the 17th and Casey did the searches on the 21st, but that does not appear to be what happened. I just don't get the purpose of lying about making half the searches while leave the worst half out there to be used against Casey.
Because according to these documents - you have to scroll to the 17th date and the 21st date, It is on record that Cindy was working on the 17th, but George was not. Did Cindy say these things to help George at this point? Records for the 21st show he was at work.... Maybe I should sit back and rethink what happened today..:waitasec:

Quiche
06-23-2011, 10:08 PM

Just enough to not look guilty herself... I can only help you so far, sweetheart. I can just hear it.

jeepgirlva
06-23-2011, 10:08 PM
Since the searched happened St Patricks day does anyone know what Casey did that night it is a big party night did she go out ? Does SA have her MYspace comments from that date?

dog.gone.cute
06-23-2011, 10:10 PM
:great:

Just saw one of the reruns of LDB questioning CA on the stand ...

I believe LDB did a :great: GREAT JOB :great: ... considering the "bombshell" of LIES that she had to deal with !

:great:

LambChop
06-23-2011, 10:11 PM
That is correct. Both George and Cindy have said there was a basketball sized stain in the trunk when they first bought the car but neither of them have EVER said it is THE stain. Actually, they've said it isn't, yet people are still accusing Cindy of lying about it.

I think CA pointed out the stain in the picture but we know the basketball sized stain was mentioned by GA in his statement to LE that he leaned into the trunk to smell it and it smelled awful, an unforgetable smell that once you smell it you never forget it. All used car trunks have stains. Few have them in the shape of a small child. jmo

LambChop
06-23-2011, 10:11 PM
Since the searched happened St Patricks day does anyone know what Casey did that night it is a big party night did she go out ? Does SA have her MYspace comments from that date?

I think they have her text messages and I think someone asked her to go out but she said she could not. No babysitter. At least I think that is what I read. Hope someone can back me up on that. jmo

grandmaj
06-23-2011, 10:12 PM

That is right and LDB specifically pinned her down asking her so not here where the A is near the dryer sheet. :)

Jack
06-23-2011, 10:13 PM
I think CA's work record is meaningless. At one point I would have filled out my time sheet just as CA described. As a means of tracking vacation, personal, and or sick time some companies require their salaried employees to complete timesheets. As a salaried employee I have been instructed in the past to always put 8 hours in for a day in which I worked any time during a day. Nothing more nothing less. I did that for many years until my company at the time began using a separate system for salaried/exempt employees that tracked exception time only.