PDA

View Full Version : 2011.06.29 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Thirty-One)

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7

Sleuth5
06-29-2011, 12:58 PM
WOW! Look at YOU making a serious post! ;) You know I love your dry wit, but I must say I do agree with the continuing stereotype of typical male emotion! My dad (67) has my son (12) thinking "real men don't cry" and it kills me! (Son's dad passed away in 2003 and dad is his only male role model)
Real men DO cry (the realest of men!)
Now, as an aside, can u tell me where I can find one of these emotional sensitive, men!?? :great:

LOL, you caught me at an unprepared moment. Well, I can tell you where not to look -- toward the defense table! :crazy:

Padua
06-29-2011, 12:58 PM
Not trying to out anyone whom has been a survivor of Sexual abuse....

But as I have seen many, They seem to have a great fear when woken out of a sound sleep, and are mostly combative untill they are fully awake.

However, when the CO's testified that "even when ICA is woken out of a sound sleep she is all happy and pleasant"

Hmmmmmm.... Another lie!!

You are speaking of a conditioned response to being assaulted at night.

Not all suvivors of sexual abuse are preyed on at night in their bed. Some survivors are preyed on during the day while mom is at work. So that conditioned response would be a kid becoming combative and not wanting their mother to go to work.

Another example, a child that becomes upset when a particular person comes around that has preyed on them.

It boils down to conditioned responses to the time, place and person of the sexual assault.

Example, remember the rap song that had the words "lick it like a lollipop?" I worked with a girl that was assaulted while that song was being played and every time she heard it come on the radio she had a complete meltdown. It is a conditioned response.

Wishbone
06-29-2011, 12:59 PM
Wonder what the deal is with Judge Perry getting involved with protesters outside the courthouse? Bill Schaefer said that they don't like the way he handles jurors???

I haven't heard about this. Please share more

grammieto5
The metal one or the plastice one? :waitasec:

And would you prefer one with duct tape or no duct tape?

lajones81
@JimLichtensteinJim Lichtenstein
"There was a lunatic screaming at Judge Perry as he walked to lunch. Saying he tampers with juries. The #VelvetHammer kept strolling. Smooth."

Quiche
Why are there protesters picking on HHBP?

Intermezzo
I so wish that the $200,000+ would come in.
When George was asked about not putting up his house for bail, I wanted him to shout...she had the $200,000...why didn't she use it? I have to believe that question was all Casey's idea. OMG!

My question is
Who owns the house or who's name is on the Title or Deed?...iirc it is in Cindy's name only...
but he may be jointly responsible for the debt or mortgage

JustMeDeb
MarkEiglarsh Mark Eiglarsh
Thank goodness Judge Alex called me. I needed to bond with someone who thoroughly understands how horrible Baez did with George.

sappysoul
No offense meant to anyone here, honestly, but I thought I'd weigh in on this crying issue from the male perspective.

I was a criminal investigator in the military. I saw men cry many times, all different ranks, all different ages, for all kinds of reasons. I've cried myself many times.

I won't say that there isn't still a certain social pressure on men not to display that emotion often, but the idea that grown men don't cry is, in my estimation, at least two generations ago.

It's a sexist assumption, not any more valid than suggesting that women are "emotional" by nature. Some are, some aren't. Some men like sports, some don't. Some women like to gossip, some don't. I'm sure you see what I mean.

Stereotypes are a lazy way of understanding people. It's lots easier to just assume things about a gender or group of people than it is to take everyone as an individual and deal with them on that level.

Just food for thought, and no offense intended. But, as a man, it is a little disheartening to see people still throwing around obviously sexist ideas about what consitutes "normal" male emotional behavior.

:cow:

I agree that stereotypes are used way too often to judge people. However, all my experience shows me that men are the ones who most often perpetrate this stereotype. They will be the first to demean another man for crying. Just visit any of the sports forums to see for yourself.

gibby207
Can someone tell me...are sociopaths made or born?

Born. IMHO

TxJan1971
I'm sensitive to this because no one knows for sure except GA and CA. I was molested by my father. The social worker believed me, the judge did not. My father later went to jail for sexually assaulting another child, but this was years later. He's now a registered sex offender for life. But the judge DIDN'T BELIEVE ME, even though it happened.

Of course, it didn't take me committing a serious crime for the allegations to come out, but a lot of molestation victims never tell anyone due to shame, guilty, what have you.

I don't even bother to speculate on this, because while I was molested and abused, while something very horrible happened right before I turned four, and despite being raised by a single mom and living in poverty, I DID NOT turn out like ICA did.

I am not a "victim". I am not a pathological liar. I would never hurt my child. I'm a strong woman. ICA has only one person to blame for her situation.

For no other reason than I want to... a heartfelt embrace from me to you....just because....
((((((((((((((((((( MISSDIVA )))))))))))))))))

ahoyhoy
06-29-2011, 01:00 PM
It can. I accidentally took about eight at once. They were in a glass dish
and I forgot they were there, mixed it with coleslaw. Had to call poison control, induce vomiting, go to the ER. It was a mess. It can easily kill you. IMO

I can't believe with a Nurse on the jury that JB tried to diminish the effects of BP medication.
It is used precisely to lower your blood pressure in one way or another, depending on the medicine. So overdose = NO blood pressure.

My father has been on serious BP meds for 40 years and the potentially fatal effects of merely accidentally doubling a dose is lectured to him Over & over.

Just my experience & opinion.

darcedarce
http://www.wftv.com/caseyanthony/index.html

Bill Sheaffer: "We have video coming up of a problem with Judge Perry at lunch time. A group of protesters were shouting at him. A number of Orange Co. Deputies were called to assist. We'll show you the details coming up at 1pm. They are apparently the group that has issues with his handling of jurors because he's the Chief Judge. We are still getting details right now."

:croc:

Studio_Medic
I had to take a break. Just wanted to add,the reason I kept bringing up my situation when my son committed suicide is because everything GA was saying ,and the anguish on his face ,rang true to me.
He said much of what I felt after losing my son. I apologize if I sound like I'm all about me. That's not why I bring it up. It's to validate GA's testimony. Always,JMO.

Miss James no need to apologize, my prayers are with you.......I could never ever imagine the pain a parent must have to go through at the loss of their child due to a suicide. In my career, I have been on numerous suicides and they truly are the most painful calls that I have been on; nothing I could say or do would ever lessen the pain of the family member over the loss of their loved one.

Last year my husband and I lost a friend of ours due to suicide. He decided that life was just to much to bear and at the age of 44 decided to hang himself in his best friend's business. He completely thought it out and no one close to him never in a million years would have thought he would have ever taken his life. His best friend was the one who found him and it has taken such a toll on him and now his health. The anguish as you said "rang true" through the look on his face.

We all went back over what ifs and it was to no avail. It's unfortunate that sometimes when a person decides that he can no longer go on, there is nothing anyone of us can do. Depression is horrible!

You are such a strong person Miss James, I personally don't think I could be as strong as you if I had to endure the pain that you have experienced.

Please accept my :hug:

ZsaZsa
omg i just watched her wink.. Hes all smiley and prap too.. Ugh..omg and hurl and barf

It is all staged for the cameras.
Another malingerer trying to convince people she's crazy so she can avoid punishment. It happens in court every day..

TraceyLeigh
:sick::sick:

Ug...that makes me ill.

Ummm...that totally looks like she's checkin out his crotch and talkin dirty...

Lanie
:tyou: logicalgirl

And that is why I believe George today. Before today I don't think I have ever made a post that was in his favor from my opinion. But, again I do understand why some would have questions. He has lied. It is hard to trust a liar. And that is why I do not trust Casey at all-she has lied more and is continuing to lie-and Cindy has lied. If George is up to something, something to get Casey free...I don't think it is working. IMO.

PS: Hey everyone the talking head on IS just said, "something's going on with this family" :floorlaugh: WS know THAT is the understatement of the last three years!

I agree. I know I've said several times I have no use for George, but today was brutal, and if he was in front of me I'd give him a hug.

Something else, and this goes to how uncivilized I am, this story about the gun also made me more sympathetic. I've seen GA and CA both rage against people, but what was missing for me is where is the rage towards at least who they think is responsible? If you can get that angry towards people trespassing in your yard, to me it just seemed odd they weren't going after whoever they suspected with a vengeance.

GracieLu
06-29-2011, 01:01 PM
Good luck! Here is my experience..........testimony from stand "I was about to....." ....cut to commercial ..........back from commercial "And court is now in a brief sidebar/recess/trial adjourned/case dismissed/martions invaded/peace in the middle east established...................." but lets pause for another commercial break.............

LOL, too funny..... the nicest thing i can say that i scream while watching is "ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!!!!!" of course the things I scream more I cannot post or Ill get banned!

JustMeDeb
This case is killing me, I'm emotionally drained and my housework is suffering, I haven't been for a jog in 2 weeks to avoid missing the trial and I just want this to be over, but I feel like I need to watch so that Caylee will receive the justice she deserves, that sounds weird but that's how I feel.

I totally feel the same way! I am also thinking about going out today and getting my dog diapers LOL

darcedarce
"There was a lunatic screaming at Judge Perry as he walked to lunch. Saying he tampers with juries. The #VelvetHammer kept strolling. Smooth."

:floorlaugh: I love the VelvetHammer!

Sleuth5
Wow - I gotta tell you I would not want my family held up for all to discuss and dissect - as Dysfunctional! But is there actually a family out there that isn't?

And what role model are we comparing families to when we say they are dysfunctional? I've always wondered that...

Entirely reasonable, and, as always, eminently logical. :wink:

Well, since there's no such thing as "normal" in any sense, I guess I'm with you on the inability to diagnose dysfunction. As to the narcissism, I have first-hand experience over a lifetime, so it's a matter of a survivor's perspective.

I don't disagree with you.

ZsaZsa
I can't believe with a Nurse on the jury that JB tried to diminish the effects of BP medication.
It is used precisely to lower your blood pressure in one way or another, depending on the medicine. So overdose = NO blood pressure.

My father has been on serious BP meds for 40 years and the potentially fatal effects of merely accidentally doubling a dose is lectured to him Over & over.

Just my experience & opinion.

JB was just pizzed that GA had no Xanax with him..

knt
06-29-2011, 01:02 PM
That wink was gross, sneaky, and full of deceit. :cool:

eta: I think KC is trying her grudges, not her defense in murdering Caylee. It's weird.

I can't watch the video. Who winked at who? ... Please

Gma Kat
Thank you Sleuth5. I am 53 and am drawing on my own experiences with men my age, and older (i.e., my father's generation). I am glad that today men feel a little freer to express their feelings. But all in all, I still believe that most men tend to hold it in vs. openly boo-hooing like I did during testimony today. How many men cried during that I wonder?

I'm happily married to a "tough guy" former Navy Seal, etc.,.......

This trial has made him bawl like a baby during CA's first testimony, when they show too many pictures of Caylee, and this morning watching GA..........

I applaud our male WS'ers and am honored to be in the company of men who feel and express themselves openly. Surely Caylee is smiling up above to feel the love from so many for her.

AMMich
When the prosecution rested their CIC, I was on the fence as to whether or not they proved that she killed her and there was room for reasonable doubt. The defence's CIC did a good job of closing up the prosecution's weakspots. After today I am no longer on the fence and firmly convinced she murdered Caylee in cold blood. At least through my perspective, Casey would've been better served by Jose not putting on a defence at all.

Boytwnmom
successfully painted GA as the "bad" guy and everyone is going along with him so of course everyone sees how he is just pointing out all the bad things this bad guy did. I think he is alot like his client. I don't think he "sees" reality in quite the same way we do. A rational lawyer, in his position, would have surrendered first chair along time ago but his ego and need for attention would never permit that. He not only thinks he's brilliant, he thinks everyone else thinks he's brilliant too! Just like how he accuses JA of things he is acutally doing himself...filed under, "strange but true".

This is a serious question...I get that Jose is playing the "bad" lawyer role...the one who isn't afraid of getting dirty...but does he really believe he's pulling this off? Does he think he's clever? Is there some brilliant strategy at work here to get his client off? Or is he really this g-d awful?
(Not bashing...wonder if his line of questioning is "deliberate" for a reason.)

bobloblaw
Not sure if this has been posted yet...Crazy stuff, I hope Judge Perry has some good security with him!

There was a lunatic screaming at Judge Perry as he walked to lunch. Saying he tampers with juries. The #VelvetHammer kept strolling. Smooth.by jimlichtenstein via twitter 6/29/2011 4:55:52 PM at 9:55 AM

MissDiva
06-29-2011, 01:03 PM
For no other reason than I want to... a heartfelt embrace from me to you....just because....
((((((((((((((((((( MISSDIVA )))))))))))))))))

Aww, thank you!! You should see me beaming right now! :blowkiss:

Sleuth5
I agree that stereotypes are used way too often to judge people. However, all my experience shows me that men are the ones who most often perpetrate this stereotype. They will be the first to demean another man for crying. Just visit any of the sports forums to see for yourself.

I don't disagree. I didn't blame any gender for the issue.

lonetraveler
ICA happy as a lark after jury leaves

Not just happy but joyously happy and even appeared flirting with Jose. She could barely contain her amusement at her father's breakdown.:maddening:

Intermezzo
Wonder what the deal is with Judge Perry getting involved with protesters outside the courthouse? Bill Schaefer said that they don't like the way he handles jurors???

What?
I don't get it...handles jurors?

katydid23
99% chance of reversal on appeal due to ineffective counsel.

:eek:

say it ain't so RHornsby! :(

I don't think that will happen. She had a huge defense team and they made a lot of motions and they made a lot of objections and they brought in a cohesive[ kind of] defense case and expert witnesses etc.
From what I have read that is usually only successful when an attorney is neglectful and does not do much.

Cat99

BBM - lunatic, yes that is fitting!

~n/t~

Bill Sheaffer: "We have video coming up of a problem with Judge Perry at lunch time. A group of protesters were shouting at him. A number of Orange Co. Deputies were called to assist. We'll show you the details coming up at 1pm. They are apparently the group that has issues with his handling of jurors because he's the Chief Judge. We are still getting details right now."

Huh? Is it the pop tart issue?

AMMich
06-29-2011, 01:04 PM
I disagree. He operates this way because it's the only way he knows. He's as delusional and narcissistic as his client.

It just boggles my mind that two toxic people found each other and have caused so much hurt, above and beyond the fact that an innocent child was killed.

QueenD

This is probably JB or LKB to stir more motions up.

MissJames
Has anyone yet posted about KC's "lashing out" at her attorneys the other day, when Baez was walking back from a sidebar and she looked angry for a minute? What was that all about?

JMO but when JB turns around and she suddenly looks contrite,I think someone must have reminded her she was on camera.I don't think she was scared for JB to see her snarling. But that's just me.

Etilema
From WFTV's "Live Blog":

Bill Sheaffer: We have video coming up of a problem with Judge Perry at lunch time. A group of protesters were shouting at him. A number of Orange Co. Deputies were called to assist. We'll show you the details coming up at 1pm

belle3
omg!! who keeps leaving those dang doors open. Flies keep getting all over my theory. lmao!!!

Etilema
Another from the "Live Blog":

Bill Sheaffer: They are apparently the group that has issues with his handling of jurors because he's the Chief Judge. We are still getting details right now

bobloblaw
I applaud our male WS'ers and am honored to be in the company of men who feel and express themselves openly. Surely Caylee is smiling up above to feel the love from so many for her.

Thank you!

barbtries
I disagree. He operates this way because it's the only way he knows. He's as delusional and narcissistic as his client.
you may be right and i may be wrong. but i hope i'm right, because i want her to go away for the rest of her natural life. there will be appeals regardless, but i hate thinking that she may end up with even one bona fide reason for a reversal of a guilty verdict.

Cherry Baby
I want to take a moment and thank everybody for their posts - I'm having a horrible work day and am barely able to keep up listening - but the comments are helping me - thanks!

JustMeDeb
If any of the THs go on shows this afternoon and say this was anyway a win for the DT, they have no souls.

MelissaLee
06-29-2011, 01:05 PM
I couldn't agree more. Her HATRED is stronger than any love or affection she has ever possessed. I don't know how much the jury picks up on what we do, since they don't have the full dynamic or benefit of much information that we do......one can only hope and pray. Sadly the emotion of hatred seems the only emotion she really can convey with conviction....pun intended.

I was once provided with a definition of "projection" by a therapist, and KC's hatred towards GA seems almost covered by what I was being told.

That someone can "assign" another individual the actions or thoughts they themselves have committed. Additionally, these people often will villainize that same person, accusing them of various misdeeds and such, to bolster this action. Most also tend to come to believe what they've accused this person of doing, as well. Supposedly, it helps them to "deal with" what they have actually done.

I'm sure among our friends here at WS there is someone who could explain what I'm trying to describe much more accurately and succinctly! :)

greycoupon
What, they have a problem with the dessert lady or something? HHJP has been extraordinarily awesome with the jurors.

I am SO confused.

And I bet HHJP doesn't give a **** about what protestors think. He doesn't strike me as an insecure individual in the slightest.

At least the jury didn't see. Hey, now Baez has cause for his next mistrial motion or at least, ask HHJP to recuse himself. That's absurd but so is everything else coming from the DT side.

RR0004
Deen and Hornsby on WESH

what i know from this case is that Dr. Vass is not a chemist, and GA has a gas can
Those guys on the Hornsby twitter are just way too funny. I wonder what it will be like when the trial ends and their paths cross with Jose. lol

jharres
Wow, looks like I picked the WRONG day to get busy with work! I'm going to have to go back and watch today's testimony!

yosande
One of the smartest things the Anthonys did, was not putting the house up to bail ICA out.

I doubt they could have borrowed enough even using the house, to get her out. Her bail was pretty high. moo

logicalgirl
Can someone tell me...are sociopaths made or born?

Born, IMO, influenced somewhat by social parameters when young.

CN2Souls

Not all suvivors of sexual abuse are preyed on at night in their bed. Some survivors are preyed on during the day while mom is at work. So that conditioned response would be a kid becoming combative and not wanting their mother to go to work.

Another example, a child that becomes upset when a particular person comes around that has preyed on them.

It boils down to conditioned responses to the time, place and person of the sexual assault.

Example, remember the rap song that had the words "lick it like a lollipop?" I worked with a girl that was assaulted while that song was being played and every time she heard it come on the radio she had a complete meltdown. It is a conditioned response.

Yes, Padua, you are 100% right...

I was referring to the Fact that ICA claims Lee has done some Visits at night while she was sleep and she awoke with him........

I have no Idea about what she is claiming GA did and what time of day or circumstances it was under..

you are 100% right...

MissJames
From WFTV's "Live Blog":

Bill Sheaffer: We have video coming up of a problem with Judge Perry at lunch time. A group of protesters were shouting at him. A number of Orange Co. Deputies were called to assist. We'll show you the details coming up at 1pm

:thud:

MissDiva
I have a question about prison (not that I plan on going there). Are inmates allowed medication? For example, I have panic disorder and claustrophobia, so being handcuffed or being in a jail cell would seriously make me want to LITERALLY kill myself (and I apologize if that offends anyone, but having gone through a recent 3.5 hour panic attack really did give me those thoughts) without a lot of Xanax.

Are they given these medications if they need/want them?

doubt
06-29-2011, 01:06 PM
this is the day that my inner debate as to the humanity and morality of the death penalty was put to rest.

today was casey anthony in action....sending her dt out in an attempt to annihilate any sense of worth or purpose or dignity her broken father just might have been able to muster since his first suicide attempt.

death is the only just, humane, and moral sentence for casey anthony.

to sentence her to anything less, imo, is to help her prematurely seal the coffin on her father with the same callous disregard as she sealed that car trunk on the body of the beautiful, innocent, granddaughter she hates him for actually loving.

ZsaZsa

ICA winked at JB for the cameras -so people can watch her do that right after her father's anguish on the stand - and say, Wow that girl HAS to be crazy....

Chiquita71
I agree. I know I've said several times I have no use for George, but today was brutal, and if he was in front of me I'd give him a hug.

Something else, and this goes to how uncivilized I am, this story about the gun also made me more sympathetic. I've seen GA and CA both rage against people, but what was missing for me is where is the rage towards at least who they think is responsible? If you can get that angry towards people trespassing in your yard, to me it just seemed odd they weren't going after whoever they suspected with a vengeance.

:tyou: Lanie :tyou: Yes! Some anger for Caylee, some showing of the desperation anyone who truly loved someone would feel. It makes more sense to me than anything and everything Cindy and Casey did put together.

HarvestMoon
JMO but when JB turns around and she suddenly looks contrite,I think someone must have reminded her she was on camera.I don't think she was scared for JB to see her snarling. But that's just me.

I thought she might have been snarling at Linda Drane-B as she walked by.

Quiche

Oh sorry, KC winked at Baez.

rosepetal1065
What, they have a problem with the dessert lady or something? HHJP has been extraordinarily awesome with the jurors.

I am SO confused.

And I bet HHJP doesn't give a **** about what protestors think. He doesn't strike me as an insecure individual in the slightest.

Agreed. Good Lord, it's always some kind of "issue" isn't it. IIRC, during jury selection, "most" seemed willing to participate in this trial knowing what it entailed. What's the problem now? moo

faefrost
06-29-2011, 01:07 PM
Dear HHJP

In deliberating the guilt or innocence and the sentancing phase of this trial are we allowed to return a "split verdict"? In other words can we recomend LWOP for the defendant and Death for the defense attorneys?

Please?

No really? Why not?

Thanks, and keep on rockin'

The Jury

Nana46
I had to take a break. Just wanted to add,the reason I kept bringing up my situation when my son committed suicide is because everything GA was saying ,and the anguish on his face ,rang true to me.
He said much of what I felt after losing my son. I apologize if I sound like I'm all about me. That's not why I bring it up. It's to validate GA's testimony. Always,JMO.

Hugs to you Miss James.....God Bless you!!!!!

JustMeDeb
Today's WS cocktail of the day will be mixed and served in a big ol gas can. Enjoy!

Mamabear1963
http://www.skcentral.com/articles.php?article_id=24 yes, it is all about her!

I have often compared ICA to Bundy and Diane Downs...I am dealing with a situation in real life at this time where a very dear friend was/is married to a sociopath...the controlling behavior...etc.

Fantastic article thanks for posting

RR0004
Did anyone hear the motion AF argued this morning? Any chance of it being granted?

Beyond Belief
06-29-2011, 01:08 PM
I think Casey believes that gun was going to be used to shoot her and this is her revenge. IMo

pjones
06-29-2011, 01:08 PM
I think it's interesting that, as best as I can recall from the tons of interviews I've read, that ICA told JG that LA had inappropriately touched her and didn't mention that her father had molested her, then tells TL that her father had molested her, but didn't mention that LA had done anything to her. I think she was trying to keep JG from developing a friendship with LA. Not sure why she told TL the GA molestation story.

Gma Kat
06-29-2011, 01:09 PM
Wow - I gotta tell you I would not want my family held up for all to discuss and dissect - as Dysfunctional! But is there actually a family out there that isn't?

And what role model are we comparing families to when we say they are dysfunctional? I've always wondered that...

Good point. I started a thread a couple years ago asking what would happen if YOUR family was thrust into the spotlight like the A's have been. At any given moment in my life it would be disastrous to be exposed. I think we have an inkling of what "normalcy" should be like.....perhaps the TV shows paint the picture of normalcy we should aspire to.........reality is however that we are all more like the Bundy's of "Married with Children" or the Connors from "Roseanne" than we are the Cleavers from "Leave it to Beaver" or "Happy Days"...........I gotta admit, my idea of normal came from television - and I knew growing up my family was anything but like television. The A's are Uber dysfunctional IMO because they fractured under stress instead of becoming cohesive and strong. In my immediate family I consider it far MOre functional than dysfunctional in that under extreme trauma and stress we have banded together and supported each other instead of breaking each other down. That is the best definition for me personally to function vs. dysfunction. FWIW. LOVE YOUR POST!!!!

justanother

I have to agree, thank you.

I was sexually abused/raped by my step father from a very young age and you can wake me from a sleep with no issues other than i might bite your head off because i'm tired but if i hear or see the theme tune to Baywatch....it sends chills through me because it's something that sticks out as being a part of a lot of what happened to me. I will almost always ask for it to be turned off or leave if it is on.

Each to their own. As i have said in another thread. You cannot generalize about a persons reactions/actions after they have endured that type of abuse. We are all different. I for one would never kill my child but there are numerous women that use their Childhood abuse as an excuse for killing their Children.

MissDiva
Oh sorry, KC winked at Baez.

This whole thing totally reminds me of that scene from Chicago where Roxie is trying to get her attorney's attention, and he ignores her because the next "big thing" has come along. Eventually JB has got to move on, and after the beating he's taken, I think he will eventually move on from ICA. Wow, I bet that'll really do a number on her.

olive
I was once provided with a definition of "projection" by a therapist, and KC's hatred towards GA seems almost covered by what I was being told.

That someone can "assign" another individual the actions or thoughts they themselves have committed. Additionally, these people often will villainize that same person, accusing them of various misdeeds and such, to bolster this action. Most also tend to come to believe what they've accused this person of doing, as well. Supposedly, it helps them to "deal with" what they have actually done.

I'm sure among our friends here at WS there is someone who could explain what I'm trying to describe much more accurately and succinctly! :)

I agree 100%. Another hallmark of sociopathy is the ability to believe one's own lies, to the point where they can pass a lie detector test. She probably completely believes her own story at this point.

Softail
06-29-2011, 01:10 PM

Elizabeth Ann Rogers? :waitasec:

:giggle:

JustMeDeb

Please never feel the need to apologize! I thank you for sharing your story.

I only know you fine people from here on the boards but I can say I look forward each day of getting together with you and bonding.

Yellow Rose
I have a question about prison (not that I plan on going there). Are inmates allowed medication? For example, I have panic disorder and claustrophobia, so being handcuffed or being in a jail cell would seriously make me want to LITERALLY kill myself (and I apologize if that offends anyone, but having gone through a recent 3.5 hour panic attack really did give me those thoughts) without a lot of Xanax.

It is my understanding they would request a doctor visit, be seen by said doctor, and given prescriptions accordingly. So my answer would be yes.

AquaEyes
Maybe George felt as if he needed protection....

logicalgirl
Thank goodness Judge Alex called me. I needed to bond with someone who thoroughly understands how horrible Baez did with George.

Clearly Mark is still so upset by his courtroom experience this morning he is not able to type full sentences yet. As bad as it was for us to be watching, I can imagine what it was like to actually physically be in the courtroom with all those emotions and all that energy flying around. Horrendous.

RammerJammer
I'm happily married to a "tough guy" former Navy Seal, etc.,.......

This trial has made him bawl like a baby during CA's first testimony, when they show too many pictures of Caylee, and this morning watching GA..........

My big strong husband was sitting here with me, as well....crying.

Chilly Willy
Not trying to defend Casey (only an idiot would do that) but that didn't look like a wink to me, it looked more like an involuntary eye twitch.

Soulmagent
I saw wet tears. Are we watching the same trial?

I will look for them ,but as I was watching I was looking for them and I didnt see them.

I also have not found them in reveiwing the footage .Fox has a few images and the video clip.

If you see the part where you saw them would you mind screen capping? If I find it I will post it but as of yet I have not found wet tears.

To make sure we are talking about the right time ,it was before the jury left the court room correct?

Chiquita71
BBM - lunatic, yes that is fitting!

:greetings: Cat :tyou: for this post.

I admit I have a more suspicious mind since experiencing this case...so I could just be overly suspicious right now...but it makes me think the defense is behind "protesters" being upset about HHJP and the JURY... :rolleyes:

What would people "out here" know about how the judge is treating the jury? Bahhhh. I hate this trial and I want it to be over!

:banghead:

Moggie
06-29-2011, 01:11 PM
when I watched the wink, I'm sure she was telling JB that she was sitting alone this morning....can anyone else see that?

believe09
I get the frustration with watching JB sort of stumbling through the trial as he has minimal trial experience. JB cannot ask and shouldnt ask ICA what the truth is-iirc as an officer of the court, if she testifies to something different than what she has told him, he is obligated to report it. So he is steering this ship based on whatever defense might confuse the jury enough to see reasonable doubt. IMO.

I dont get the sentiment regarding him being morally accountable for ICA's murder of her daughter. She is due a vigorous defense and she has it. Someone had to play that role and it was him...CM is along for the ride imo. As is AF, again imo. He is going to shred whomever he can-his strategy is confusing to me, but so be it.

This is all just how I see it, fwiw.

bobloblaw
I think Casey believes that gun was going to be used to shoot her and this is her revenge. IMo

Maybe it was, I had that thought myself when George stated that...

katydid23

I truly believe that we could take any family at random and find some level of 'dysfunction' there. Some worse than others, of course, but all families have their 'issues.' imo

Dr.Fessel
06-29-2011, 01:12 PM
Those guys on the Hornsby twitter are just way too funny. I wonder what it will be like when the trial ends and their paths cross with Jose. lol

You mean when they are visiting a client in jail and Jose walks by pushing the book cart?

Eidetic
4 more witnesses to go after George.

MsRyber

My best friend cries and has a panic attack every time she smells "fruit" certs. That is what the guy who raped her was sucking on at the time.
She has been in therapy long enough that she can see a pack of certs without having the attack, but the smell is just too much.

summerthyme
Judge Alex on HLN calls Baez's defense a monumental disaster!

I admit I have a more suspicious mind since experiencing this case...so I could just be overly suspicious right now...but it makes me think the defense is behind "protesters" being upset about HHJP and the JURY... :rolleyes:

What would people "out here" know about how the judge is treating the jury? Bahhhh. I hate this trial and I want it to be over!

:banghead:

ITA and another Hail Mary pass. Must sit on my hands now! :banghead:

RammerJammer
When the prosecution rested their CIC, I was on the fence as to whether or not they proved that she killed her and there was room for reasonable doubt. The defence's CIC did a good job of closing up the prosecution's weakspots. After today I am no longer on the fence and firmly convinced she murdered Caylee in cold blood. At least through my perspective, Casey would've been better served by Jose not putting on a defence at all.

My husband said the same thing...the DT should have rested after the SA finished their case in chief. Of course, we knew Baez would never go that route, although, I believe Mason would have.

SuziQ
I feel that Cindy and George are fortunate to still be here. I truly believe that Casey could have just as well knocked them out along with Caylee. If she hadn't got caught and put in jail when she did, George and Cindy may not be here today.

Casey: "Just give me one more day...."

Softail
06-29-2011, 01:13 PM
Casey Jordan - JB got his clock cleaned by GA!

:lol:

kaRN
Maybe George felt as if he needed protection....
At the time, that's exactly what I thought. Between the protesters outside, the lunatic bounty hunter in his driveway and the cold hearted sociopath playing games on his computer, who would have blamed him.

Debbie3223
Excellent article - thank you!

when I watched the wink, I'm sure she was telling JB that she was sitting alone this morning....can anyone else see that?

? I dont get it.. sitting alone where?

BigFatMommyDog
Elizabeth Ann Rogers? :waitasec:

:giggle:

Nah - i mentioned it earlier, but couldn't think of their name etc. It's probably part of that Jury Nullification group Fully Informed Jury Association “FJIA”. Remember Perry signing an order prohibiting them from distributing jury nullification leaflets at the courthouse?

hannahsnana
I've been following this case from the very beginning, but Baez' obsession with the duct tape on the gas can is going right over my head. I don't understand it, because Casey had the same access to any duct tape in the house or shed that George did. Can someone help me out?

Sleuth5
06-29-2011, 01:14 PM

Interesting!

MsFacetious

My Dad too... though he also cried when Bambi's Mom died and when the Ant died in Honey I Shrunk The Kids and a whole bunch of other things.

But yeah, he was crying too. :innocent:

ZsaZsa
You mean when they are visiting a client in jail and Jose walks by pushing the book cart?

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Studio_Medic

One of my co-workers works at the Orange County Jail as a nurse. She stated that the inmates do get medications if they are prescribed or in the case of a "panic attack" they will be given medication to calm them down.

lajones81
"The Judge is now on his way back 2 court. This time with 2 deputies. The screaming lunatic is nowhere in site. #caseyanthony #VelvetHammer"

kantoo
Did anyone hear the motion AF argued this morning? Any chance of it being granted?

Judge Eaton on WESH said it was just to "protect the record". He didn't seem to think it was a big deal.

greycoupon
Can I ask a stupid question? I'm new here and didn't watch pre trial or the first few days. When something weird happens like the "lunatic" yelling at JP just now, I see joking comments that they were a DT plant.

Is that just because of the general opinion of the defense team? While this defense is schizo and Baez seems to pull rabbit out from where the sun don't shine I can't them doing that given it wouldn't just be mistrial but legal trouble for him. He wants to win or at least coming out like he accomplished something. Doesn't work when you take his law license or toss him in jail. The lighting there is so unflattering to tv cameras.

yeknomaras
yesterday WESH.com had over 4,000,000 page views

4,000,000 people care about Caylee getting justice :)

Sleuth5

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::f loorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Puzzler

Oooooh, "the Velvet Hammer." I like that! I am so grateful this wise, intelligent, diligent man is presiding over this trial.

cluciano63
06-29-2011, 01:15 PM
I don't think this case will get to the jury by Friday afternoon...possibly on Saturday morning? I know jury instructions can take a while in a case like this. Still, I would not be surprised if it does not happen until sometime Tuesday.

ahoyhoy
06-29-2011, 01:15 PM
I believe that people who talk about it are crying out for help, people who are intent on it just do it. Of course, neither of those situations are correct 100% of the time.

As someone who thinks of suicide every day for 30 years---let ME tell you just this ONE person's experience, please.

I talk about it MORE, the more serious I am, but not necessarily intentionally. NOT threatening it, just the words, thoughts will pop out sometimes...It comes out in casual conversation. I don't consciously mean for it to, but it's kind of like trying to hold in a lie...eventually it pops out because it's weighing heavily. The more heavily it weighs, the more I accidentally find myself relating things OUT LOUD to my own worthlessness and lack of hope. A few 'black jokes' are one thing, but NOTICE if you see this pattern of this kind of talk from someone.

NEVER ignore those kinds of words or jokes from a loved one---Notice the patterns & signs and get them HELP. NEVER dismiss talk of suicide by going by 'wives tales'. Better safe than sorry FOREVER, am I right?

(If we've been warned this is O/T--I apologize. I just got back and haven't caught up yet. Thx.)

newsjunkie
06-29-2011, 01:16 PM

HEAR IT: yep

GRANTED: the part about mistrial - nope

justanother
06-29-2011, 01:16 PM
"The Judge is now on his way back 2 court. This time with 2 deputies. The screaming lunatic is nowhere in site. #caseyanthony #VelvetHammer"

I've missed something! What screaming lunatic?!

Moggie
06-29-2011, 01:17 PM
? I dont get it.. sitting alone where?

There was a hearing with Finnell sp. on the phone, first thing this morning an the DT were late, so she sat alone at the table.

Eidetic

You and your husband know that a man has to hurt to cry like that.

wandering

:banghead:I feel exactly the same! :banghead:

GolferChick

CHCL3
If I recall correctly. GA put the verdict into plain basic math: 1 + 1 = 2!

If I might paraphrase: The smell in the trunk of that car was human decomposition and my daughter (ICA) was the last person seen with my granddaughter in that car. 1 + 1 = 2.

camcneishg
06-29-2011, 01:18 PM
how does this end? DT rests, SA rebutts, DT rebutts, DT closing arg..SA closing arg?? Are these the correct steps?

PMLsmom
06-29-2011, 01:18 PM
OMG - I slept in today, just saw a clip of GA, YAY! Can someone PLEASE give me a brief recap??? Is the DT SUNK???

sleutherontheside
06-29-2011, 01:19 PM
So a protester screamed that HHJP tampers with juries?

Sounds like a disgruntled former juror that didn't get treats from the Dessert Lady. Someone throw a pie at em.

doubt
Although george seems to be more truthful today, I can't disregard all the lies he's told. As for suicide, people intent on that just do it, they don't talk about it.

are you claiming this as fact? i sure hope not....and i know plenty of guilt-ridden survivors who wish to god every day they hadn't bought into that notion.

watergirl

My husband is 6'8" and has the biggest heart of anyone I've ever met. He is always the first to cry in movies. Its an endearing quality. My gentle giant.

:heart:

olive
OMG - I slept in today, just saw a clip of GA, YAY! Can someone PLEASE give me a brief recap??? Is the DT SUNK???

IMO, yes.

Florida Native

To put it briefly: Yep.

MissDiva
how does this end? DT rests, SA rebutts, DT rebutts, DT closing arg..SA closing arg?? Are these the correct steps?

I could be wrong, but I don't think the Defense gets a rebuttal. I could be waaaay off on this, though.

logicalgirl

Speaking of her sitting alone, I was just shocked beyond words that her entire Defense Team did not show up in time for Ann Finnell's telephonic motion this morning and ICA was sitting at the Defense table alone.

Bless HHJP for carrying on regardless. He has given the Defense Team enough breaks with his morning starts.

Eidetic

If I might paraphrase: The smell in the trunk of that car was human decomposition and my daughter (ICA) was the last person seen with my granddaughter in that car. 1 + 1 = 2.

I'm going to add:

JA: Did you tell law enforcement officers you thought that your daughter murdered your grand daughter?
GA: I didn't believe that at that time, sir.

grammieto5
06-29-2011, 01:20 PM
I might have to break my own rules and go watch HLN...
:great:

I did this a few nights ago. It was the night NG showed the video of KC being very angry, the same night NG showed video of KC smiling at JP and looking him up and down and he walked past her, she was smiling, she looked very scary!

kaRN
I've been following this case from the very beginning, but Baez' obsession with the duct tape on the gas can is going right over my head. I don't understand it, because Casey had the same access to any duct tape in the house or shed that George did. Can someone help me out?
Wish I could. Other than the fact he hasn't got a case or a clue and after this trial won't have a license to practice law, I have no idea.

sleutherontheside

Sunken and already accumulating coral!

Coldpizza
Hi all, watching some of the testimony recaps as I was gone all morn.

Wow, from the little that I've seen of GA he sure was holding Caylee in his heart and arms.

I'm crying just reading the posts and watching the recaps.

Beyond Belief
I hope they don't get rebuttal we'll be here til xmas.

BigFatMommyDog
Jury nullification dudes

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2011-03-02/news/os-orange-county-jury-leaflets-20110302_1_aclu-appeals-appeals-court-leaflets

logicalgirl
06-29-2011, 01:21 PM
I could be wrong, but I don't think the Defense gets a rebuttal. I could be waaaay off on this, though.

Closing Arguments? State, Defense, State rebuttal - Judge's jury instructions - to the Jury.

fifteen89

Did anyone see this? What was it about?

Linda7NJ

I love love love Mark Eiglarsh's take on this case

GiantPickle
ok so I missed the whole morning and I am trying to catch up here at lunch....haven't gotten very far. But I'm guessing I missed A LOT given WFTVs headlines. Anyone have any advice whether I just watch the morning tonight and watch the afternoon live or what?

logicalgirl
Hi all, watching some of the testimony recaps as I was gone all morn.

Wow, from the little that I've seen GA he sure was holding Caylee in his heart and arms.

I'm crying just reading the posts and watching the recaps.

And it's not finished....

bunchy
06-29-2011, 01:22 PM
In my opinion, all this "truth" coming out of the anthonys is a direct result of being thrown under the bus by ica and they now need to cover their asses. When this all first started they could have told the truth or said "no comment". They decided to tell many lies to try to cover for the murderer.

Caylee is dead and the person responsible needs to pay. Anyone who had a hand in any kind of cover-up also needs to pay.

Cat99

BBM - Good One! :floorlaugh:

MissDiva
Has this case made anyone else start using legalese with their friends and loved ones? I swear to God, I said both "I object" and "asked and answered" to my boyfriend and best friend recently.

belladonna
Sunken and already accumulating coral!

DT cooked...done...over....They are in quicksand like BS said....

sappysoul
06-29-2011, 01:23 PM
Today has been the most damaging day for the defense. It leaves little doubt how vile Casey is. If a juror came into this trial with an objective, open mind what have they seen that would lead them to believe George molested Casey? What evidence is there? If they rely on the evidence then they cannot buy into the DTs allegations toward George, Kronk or Lee.

darnudes
06-29-2011, 01:23 PM

Perfect post, thanks :)

Gma Kat
06-29-2011, 01:24 PM

Thank you for your insightful post. Ok, longtime SA survivor here........sometimes there are no reactions, no meltdowns, nothing - EVER. There are no rules, no checklist, no absolutes. There is behavior that can be typed, but lack of that behavior is not an indicator that there is no abuse or trauma as a result of abuse. For example, without going into detail of my own experiences, I do not meltdown when I think about how and when I was abused. When I meltdown is when I get in a car. I have anxiety attacks. It took me 42 years to figure out that I was not having an anxiety attack simply because I was often molested in the car, I was having these attacks because I tried to tell my mom once while in the car and I was unable to get words out of my mouth. So to this day I have anxiety attacks in a car. I guess my point is that there is nothing that exists that can say with certainty that a person was or was not abused. I am really on the fence as to whether there was abuse in this family. I know my stepfather could sell ice-cubes to eskimos and would probably be more convincing that he didn't abuse me than I could convince you he did. JMHO. Not sure where I was going with this post. I guess I just wanted to vent a little and explain that we speculate on behavior that really can't be speculated on with too much certainty.

newsjunkie
ok so I missed the whole morning and I am trying to catch up here at lunch....haven't gotten very far. But I'm guessing I missed A LOT given WFTVs headlines. Anyone have any advice whether I just watch the morning tonight and watch the afternoon live or what?

stay live with us. . .watch the morning session tonight. . .IMHO

ETA: GA on redirect with JB. . .more fireworks, I'm sure.

Boodles
Jury nullification dudes

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2011-03-02/news/os-orange-county-jury-leaflets-20110302_1_aclu-appeals-appeals-court-leaflets

Oh for God's sake, can this trial get any more convoluted? Who else can possibly jump onto this bandwagon! This is INSANE.

watergirl
Jury nullification dudes

ack! do we have an emoticon for horses@#!t?

darcedarce
Although george seems to be more truthful today, I can't disregard all the lies he's told. As for suicide, people intent on that just do it, they don't talk about it.

I have to completely, 100% disagree with you on people's intentions on suicide. It's categorically untrue that people intent on it just do it and don't talk about it.

Salem
06-29-2011, 01:25 PM
We are about to get started again. I have to ask - does anyone think that the legal teams watch HLN on InSession during lunch?

Salem

sleutherontheside
I also love how GA said I know, KC knows and God knows.

PMLsmom
THANK GOD someone in that family stood up!!! I am sooooo glad that GA did. Man I have a lot of reading to do!!!! Did they get in trouble for not being there at 8:30? I am glad JA was helping GA (still listening to recaps). Also, did they rest? TIA

Gawd, oversleep ONE day and miss the BIGGEST bombshells...

technicalconfusion
OT - offering a quarter to anyone willing to come clean my house.

azwriter
I want to take a moment and thank everybody for their posts - I'm having a horrible work day and am barely able to keep up listening - but the comments are helping me - thanks!

Cherry, I'm waving my magic wand that troubles and stress fly away and Horror of a day becomes a Hooray! of day.

thinking of ya.

QueenD

I love love love Mark Eiglarsh's take on this case

I do too. I just added him to my twitter, he is funny to me.

When I added him I then got a screen that said some others you might want to follow and LKB was the 2nd person on there. OH he77 no, I don't want to follow her.

grammieto5
06-29-2011, 01:26 PM
Wonder how many were paid by JB and co.

hmmmm I don't know about paid, maybe a promise of payment ?

Florida Native
Has this case made anyone else start using legalese with their friends and loved ones? I swear to God, I said both "I object" and "asked and answered" to my boyfriend and best friend recently.

You mean like asking my kids to adhere to my admonitions? I wouldn't do that. ;) :crazy:

gxm
I believe that sociopaths are born and their environment plays a huge factor in whether they will be "functioning" sociopaths, able to get along in the world without doing too much damage, or whether they will go on to become serial killers. (ETA: Not to blame all parents for all serial killers. IMO, a sociopath could be raised in the best of circumstances but still turn out bad. It's a cr@p shoot.)

There has been brain research in recent years that, IIRC, shows that chronic offenders have brain malfunctions. IIRC there is a section of the brain (amygdala?) that controls empathy and in criminals it doesn't properly function.

QueenD
OH no judge has someone at podium wonder if it was a spectator

Softail
06-29-2011, 01:27 PM
I think the screaming lunatic is in court. At the podium! :eek:

sleutherontheside
OMG protester in the courtroom???

yeknomaras
lol is this the guy who yelled at HHJP?

monique
Live in the courtroom now. Who is the guy with the plaid shirt standing at the attorney's dias?

newsjunkie

I don't know how many of my sentences have started with "For the record. . ."

sappysoul
I have to completely, 100% disagree with you on people's intentions on suicide. It's categorically untrue that people intent on it just do it and don't talk about it.

You are absolutely correct. It is really dangerous that some people continue to believe the old myths about suicide.

sherryk
We are about to get started again. I have to ask - does anyone think that the legal teams watch HLN on InSession during lunch?

Salem

yes i think that ESPECIALLY the defense has someone watching all the news on this during day and nightly shows.. for the reason of opinion but also because they really dont know where to go with the defense .. they probally get pointers from the coverage.

fifteen89
NeJame thinks she will testify. Guess we get to find out soon!!!

I think she wants to testify. I believe she thinks she can talk her way outta anything....including this. All the way to the end of the Universal Studio hallway. If she takes the stand, her lawyers will make sure everyone knows it was over their objection. I personally hope she gets her way. And the Prosecutors rip her sorry butt to next Sunday and back and then rip her to shreds.

Dr.Fessel
Jury nullification dudes

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2011-03-02/news/os-orange-county-jury-leaflets-20110302_1_aclu-appeals-appeals-court-leaflets I like those people and they will probably win their argument.

BigFatMommyDog
some kind of summthin going on in court

Emma Peel
About tears.

I'm of "mediteranean" descent.

I'm here to tell ya all the men in my family cry at sad stuff, sweet stuff, love stuff, and church stuff.

Call them out on it and they'll skewer ya with the nearest shish-ka-bob. :D

Point being, there are plenty of cultural variations on the "grown men don't cry" rule.

QueenD
I think someone is going to jail today by HHJP

Serjen
I wonder if they anyone on the jury has experience with suicide (knowing someone who committed it or attempted to). When I was 18 I worked in a daycare. One day, one of the fathers came in to pick up his kids. He was in a really good mood and he gave one of the lady's a bottle of hot sauce that they had talked about months prior, she was saying she couldn't find it anywhere in the stores. Also, he was extra talkative with all of us, asking us questions and telling us how much he appreciated all we did for his children, etc. The next day his wife came in and told us her husband had attempted suicide after he picked up his kids from the daycare. They were watching TV and he went downstairs and hung himself. He was saved before actually succeeding, but he did cause some brain damage and was in the hospital for a long time after...
All that being said, I swear his final day seemed like a 'goodbye' to us all. Getting the hot sauce he knew the girl wanted, telling us how much he appreciates all we do. I understood what George meant when he said he was saying goodbye without actually saying it.

Etilema
06-29-2011, 01:28 PM

I totally agree and I thought that was an amazing statement of George's part.

However, I think he may have meant that she *knew* what happened to her, rather than that she had murdered Caylee, necessarily.

norcat
My husband is 6'8" and has the biggest heart of anyone I've ever met. He is always the first to cry in movies. Its an endearing quality. My gentle giant.

:heart:

Although my DH is not 6'8", he always cries before I do. He's a sensitive man, but a strong man too. He is very compassionate. I love him even more for it!

kantoo
man in handcuffs named Mark Schmidder (spelling?) is being arraigned in front of Judge Perry right now. #CaseyAnthony -jfellby cfnews13casey via twitter at 12:27 PM

2door73chevy
Who is that guy?

TiaM
I also love how GA said I know, KC knows and God knows.

I hope Juror #4 loved that also!

Sleuth5
I believe that sociopaths are born and their environment plays a huge factor in whether they will be "functioning" sociopaths, able to get along in the world without doing too much damage, or whether they will go on to become serial killers.

There has been brain research in recent years that, IIRC, shows that chronic offenders have brain malfunctions. IIRC there is a section of the brain (amygdala?) that controls empathy and in criminals it doesn't properly function.

Yes, the activity there is significantly diminished in the brain imaging of individuals with known poor impulse control.

nursebeeme
here is the afternoon trial thread: 2011.06.29 TRIAL Day Thirty-one (Afternoon Session) - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

yeknomaras
A man in handcuffs named Mark Schmidder (spelling?) is being arraigned in front of Judge Perry right now. #CaseyAnthony -jfell

momtective
OMG what's going on? Some disturbance outside the court????

Sleuths4Me
06-29-2011, 01:29 PM
A man in handcuffs named Mark Schmidder (spelling?) is being arraigned in front of Judge Perry right now. #CaseyAnthony -jfell

lajones81
http://www.wftv.com/caseyanthony/index.html:
Bruce at WFTV:
"Something happening in court!"

@CFNews13CaseyCasey Anthony News13
"A man in handcuffs named Mark Schmidder (spelling?) is being arraigned in front of Judge Perry right now. #CaseyAnthony -jfell"

@KBelichWFTVKathi Belich, WFTV
"A spectator apparently is being held on a contempt charge for doing something."

CN2Souls

Salem

I think so Salem I remember when InSession said JB only had 50 cases and than he called in with in 5 min and said he had 75 cases...

:floorlaugh:

justanother

Salem

JB does im sure! Didn't he call one them to give his credentials after they said something?

Etilema
I wonder if they anyone on the jury has experience with suicide (knowing someone who committed it or attempted to). When I was 18 I worked in a daycare. One day, one of the fathers came in to pick up his kids. He was in a really good mood and he gave one of the lady's a bottle of hot sauce that they had talked about months prior, she was saying she couldn't find it anywhere in the stores. Also, he was extra talkative with all of us, asking us questions and telling us how much he appreciated all we did for his children, etc. The next day his wife came in and told us her husband had attempted suicide after he picked up his kids from the daycare. They were watching TV and he went downstairs and hung himself. He was saved before actually succeeding, but he did cause some brain damage and was in the hospital for a long time after...
All that being said, I swear his final day seemed like a 'goodbye' to us all. Getting the hot sauce he knew the girl wanted, telling us how much he appreciates all we do. I understood what George meant when he said he was saying goodbye without actually saying it.

That is so terribly sad! And, yes, I think that what George described about that rang true.

yeknomaras
#
His bail is set at $2500. He says he wants to represent himself. He will have a hearing on July 6th. #CaseyAnthony -jfell
by cfnews13casey via twitter at 11:29 AM
#
A man apparently yelled at Judge Perry and is now standing before him.

Soulmagent
No tears in these images.

http://www.wftv.com/slideshow/news/28394579/detail.html

sherryk
just want to say again.. logic has much bearing.. GA on 1+1=2 to me that says CASEY.
I hope the Jury doesnt overthink things and look at simple facts.

RR0004
Interesting that you mention this...because George was right IIRC...many here thought Casey gave the can back with duct tape. George IMO was at one point attempting to cover for his daughter when he said he put it on to prevent gas odor from leaking. Jose is using the As words against them...when in reality I think he steered them in the direction of telling mistruths from the getgo.

nursebeeme
here is the afternoon trial thread: 2011.06.29 TRIAL Day Thirty-one (Afternoon Session) - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141917)

doors are closing... move on over:rocker:

faefrost
I think she wants to testify. I believe she thinks she can talk her way outta anything....including this. All the way to the end of the Universal Studio hallway. If she takes the stand, her lawyers will make sure everyone knows it was over their objection. I personally hope she gets her way. And the Prosecutors rip her sorry butt to next Sunday and back and then rip her to shreds.

She will "walk to the end of the hall". She will insist on testifying, attempt to tell yet another of her stories and then and only then, when all else fails, attempt to plea.

Bullwinkle
06-29-2011, 01:30 PM
man in handcuffs named Mark Schmidder (spelling?) is being arraigned in front of Judge Perry right now. #CaseyAnthony -jfellby cfnews13casey via twitter at 12:27 PM

This may be him: http://www.google.com/search?q="Mark+Schmidter"

justanother
06-29-2011, 01:30 PM
Looks like someone is about to get in trouble.....

nursebeeme
06-29-2011, 03:06 PM
break until 1525

Sleuth5
06-29-2011, 03:09 PM
May we get back now to decomp in the trunk, 31 days and chloroform?

Oh, you're still waiting to hear the defense of the Opening Statement. I see. Good luck with that. :wink:

technicalconfusion
06-29-2011, 03:09 PM
OT - Dinner tonight will be a loaf of white bread, a tub of smart balance for dipping, and paper towels.

JustMeDeb
06-29-2011, 03:10 PM
Ok correct me if I am wrong. Did JB ever ask RK what he did with the bag of remains that he supposedly took from the scene? That was in OS right?

Lovejac
Wow, wow, wow, wow!!!

What a day. I have been watching all morning but haven't had time to get on the computer.

George A's testimony................ heartwrenching :(

KariKae
Poor Casey...Cute married guy in the courtroom and she is wearing ruffles.

Sleuth5
You know, it is a difficult day for restraining impulse. However, I am determined to remain a free man, having only recently spent some time in lockdown via timeout. :wink:

BigFatMommyDog
OT - Dinner tonight will be a loaf of white bread, a tub of smart balance for dipping, and paper towels.

Paper towels are delicious

MissJames
Oh Dear God, I think we all need a Special Recess. This is brutal.

Can we just skip ahead to the sentencing ,please?

Wishbone
06-29-2011, 03:11 PM
She will "walk to the end of the hall". She will insist on testifying, attempt to tell yet another of her stories and then and only then, when all else fails, attempt to plea.

This is all JB has. Recalling the same witnesses over and over. I am beginning to doubt that ICA will testify at this point!!

Sleuth5
06-29-2011, 03:11 PM
Paper towels are delicious

:gasp: :puke:

JBounds
06-29-2011, 03:12 PM
The only secret I see in this family is Casey herself.

Tipstaff
06-29-2011, 03:12 PM
You know, it is a difficult day for restraining impulse. However, I am determined to remain a free man, having only recently spent some time in lockdown via timeout. :wink:

It is a lonely place in TO and we question our sanity there don't we. Welcome back.

JustMeDeb
06-29-2011, 03:13 PM
Forgive me Father for I have sinned.
I have never been to confussion.
But after watching this trial, I felt the need.
Grab some more of that wine, we may be here awhile :)

Coldpizza
ok Mods need to provide a shuttle from the Court Room thread over to the side bar thread.

Kimster at least provides a spaceship

BigFatMommyDog
The only secret I see in this family is Casey herself.

Well said

The other matters are garden variety economic and household problems

Sleuth5
It is a lonely place in TO and we question our sanity there don't we. Welcome back.

You've got nerve. Aren't you the one who stole my ramen while I was in the shower? :wink:

TotallyObsessed
06-29-2011, 03:14 PM

It ain't fun...I can tell ya that from experience. However, I, unlike ICA, learned something from my incarceration. :floorlaugh:

Donjeta
06-29-2011, 03:14 PM
I still don't see why it means that Casey has to be innocent if RK had taken the skull in August and hidden it somewhere.

Is there some kind of universal physical law that states that you can only take the skulls of drowned people and not murdered ones?

I do understand if he didn't want to say he had put his stick in the eye socket of the skull because it seems like an insensitive thing to do.

TotallyObsessed
06-29-2011, 03:15 PM
ok Mods need to provide a shuttle from the Court Room thread over to the side bar thread.

Kimster at least provides a spaceship

Speaking of Kimster....where's Beach?

andalso
Sometimes the truth is stranger then fiction...
not here....
this fictitious tale of the DT is way stranger then any truth could be...

sometimes a horse is just a horse

technicalconfusion
MagpieFromHinky Pamela
BS says that in the Nov conversation Kronk said he woul be on tv. Sheaffer doesn't think it will change kc being convicted

gngr~snap
06-29-2011, 03:16 PM
Speaking of Kimster....where's Beach?
sitting on her hands maybe?

SeaNymph
Hope someone can correct me if I am imagining this, but wasnt there a letter from George and/or Cindy to Casey more recently released where they kind of let her have it? If so, can anyone direct me?

TIA!

fifteen89
Too bad the jury can't ask for a copy of JB's opening statement to make a check list for what he should have covered and see how many items aren't checked off by anyone's testimony.

cluciano63
I don't think she will testify; defense attorneys like to get the rumor started that their client will take the stand but then often choose to go with "state did not prove their case, so there was no need." JMO

Sleuth5
I still don't see why it means that Casey has to be innocent if RK had taken the skull in August and hidden it somewhere.

Is there some kind of universal physical law that states that you can only take the skulls of drowned people and not murdered ones?

I do understand if he didn't want to say he had put his stick in the eye socket of the skull because it seems like an insensitive thing to do.

Hmmm, the universal law theory is an interesting one. But I do agree with you that the skull, found or not, called at tat particular time or not, stuck with the meter reader stick or not, none of that constitutes or even seriously points at any nefarious activities by Mr. K.

~n/t~
Imagine how frustrating it must be for these poor jurors. Good lord. Roy Kronk subject to recall per Baez. How long will he keep recalling the same witnesses? :banghead:

olive
06-29-2011, 03:17 PM
just sent husband out for a six pack of my favorite summer brew. Need it after all this crap.

strawberry
Are we on a break?

SondraK
I recommend all you ex-smokers run out and get some e-cigs to prevent returning to the real thing. This case will drive some to drink. Me, it has driven to smoke......just e-cigs though.

reasonable
Too bad the jury can't ask for a copy of JB's opening statement to make a check list for what he should have covered and see how many items aren't checked off by anyone's testimony.

Oh, the state will remind them!!

nativeSFL
Who is up next-anyone know?

fifteen89
06-29-2011, 03:18 PM
96,000 on wftv blog? holy crap.

Nali87
06-29-2011, 03:18 PM
I missed a lot today, I just couldn't handle it. My heart actually hurt for George. I don't care what goes on in his love life. This man not only lost his granddaughter, he lost the will to live. It was heartbreaking to watch.

I hope the jury dislikes JB as much as I do. Grr.

Eidetic
06-29-2011, 03:19 PM
Now we know why Lippman has been phrasing things the way he has regarding what his clients think about ICA guilt. Besides legal technicalities, George finally believes Casey murdered Caylee.

CarrieBean
just sent husband out for a six pack of my favorite summer brew. Need it after all this crap.

Maybe you should call him and tell him to make it a 24

annmarie62
Does anyone know if RK owes a lot of back child support for this son of his?
That could cause a LOT of resentment, and if it is true, the mom probably let her son remember this every day.

JustMeDeb
Jean Casarez just indirectly said on HLN, JB gives all defense attorneys a bad name.

deelytful1

OH I really hope RC/KW but it's prob YM

fifteen89
06-29-2011, 03:20 PM
Oh, the state will remind them!!

I always think I learn more when I do my own homework. ;)

Quiche
Aside from his own son trying to toss him under the bus, I think Roy is coming across nicely. Baez's arguments are folly. mo

olive
Maybe you should call him and tell him to make it a 24

lol...yeah, to share with you all...two will do me quite nicely

Leila
My opinion on RK......................I think RK may have following this case with the same interest of us here at WS, probably reading the daily articles in the local newspaper and on television.

After finding the remains in August and being dressed down by Deputy Cain, tropical storm Faye hit and from that point on the remains were under water, so he couldn't go back and find them again. But as he reflected on what he saw, and as he saw in the local media that the remains hadn't been found, he convinced himself that he was right - that what he found in August was Caylee's remains.

When he spoke to his son in November, around Thanksgiving, he was fairly positive that once the water receded he would find those remains again, and he was bragging to his son that he was going to be famous.

This was a son whom RK had been estranged from for a long time, since Brandon was 8-years-old. RK wanted his son to be proud of him and to look at him as a hero.

I don't think RK did anything other than wanting his son to look up to him as son who was proud of his dad. If RK and his son have just met for the first time at the courthouse, I hope they can spend a few days together and have a good reunion.

marie-chantal

Exactly! I don't care if RK found this skull in August or whatever. There's no evidence whatsoever that he murdered this child. There are mountains of evidence that Casey did, however. Yes, a lot of that evidence is circumstantial, but IMO, it still points to nobody other than Casey. Casey had the motive, the time, and was the last person seen with the victim. The DT must think that the public is stupid when they try to float these insane theories around the courtroom. They should have worked harder to just get their client to admit to what she did instead of keeping up this charade.

Tipstaff
After GA's testimony this morning and then the rebuttal by the State think the Kronk/son stuff will be something resolved and the jury will see it for what it was when in deliberation. Life experience will temper this JB rehash.

*JMO*
Listening to RK's son made me feel sad.

Maybe they had some potential to reconcile the past before now.
I am sure there are enough past hurts and emotional baggage to heal between them that have nothing to do with this trial that maybe they could have worked through on their own.
Maybe RK was calling his son and bragging and trying to impress him. I can see that happening.
But, I doubt if either one of them ever visualized a reunion like the one provided courtesy of ICA.

fifteen89
Jean Casarez just indirectly said on HLN, JB gives all defense attorneys a bad name.

She's also said as a lawyer she was like him. Oops.

JustMeDeb
06-29-2011, 03:21 PM
You've got nerve. Aren't you the one who stole my ramen while I was in the shower? :wink:

Can I interest you in a block of Velveta?

What'sThatClue
After all this, if I were one of those jurors I'd be thinking, if I ever see a skull I'll just keep on walkin'....
(of course, I wouldn't...but I'd be thinking it!)

~n/t~
Wasn't the defense supposed to rest their case today? I hope Judge Perry keeps them there until whatever hour so they can finish TODAY! :maddening:

kantoo
Judge Eaton on WESH

DT has tried to prove OS, but have not been able to do that. Molestation, drowning, etc. The only way at this point is to get it from GA or ICA.

And it was a terrible decision to allow the A family in the courtroom.

Broderick

Either GA, CA, LA, or RK. haha

allycat1208
Was JG allowed to testify?

Truthwillsetufree
Trying hard as I might to understand JB's questioning of RK, and the actions of RK that somehow relate to the JB's OS and admission on the behalf of ICA, that this was an accidental drowning caused by incest....so what does RK have to do with the drowing? Shouldn't JB be asking him about the pool and ladder????????:banghead::banghead::banghead::bangh ead::banghead:

exgi
Greetings all,

I'm a newbie here, and obviously late to the party - but just as fascinated by all of this as I'm sure you are! Praying for justice for Caylee.

Sleuth5
06-29-2011, 03:22 PM
You know, I'm really still concerned about RK mentioning the money and not wanting to split it with his ex-wife. He explained that yesterday. I really believe it was a motive as far as his son's testimony -- Mom is showing her ex. All just :cow: of course. But I don't buy the young man's "disinterested" line, no particular axe to grind with his dad. Too many references to negative things about him, including stuff he really wouldn't know anything about -- since he hasn't had contact with him since he was eight -- including that shot about his past behaviors. How would he know? From his Mom. So, if she was mad after hearing about RK potentially hiding the reward money, I can see this starting to roll.

Not saying he personally did anything dishonest, only that he was amenable and malleable to his mother's interest in the case.

darnudes

Hmm, let's see...Baez's favourite witnesses are

Yuri
George
Cindy
Lee
Kronk

Do you think he will just keep rotating them so the trial is never ending?

JBounds
I tried to look up all murderers who took the witness stand and can't find many who did.

TotallyObsessed
Greetings all,

I'm a newbie here, and obviously late to the party - but just as fascinated by all of this as I'm sure you are! Praying for justice for Caylee.

:wagon: