PDA

View Full Version : 2011.06.29 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Thirty-One)

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Sleuth5
06-29-2011, 03:23 PM
Can I interest you in a block of Velveta?

I'll trade you a pack of Newports for it, but it has to be the whole brick.

ynotdivein
WFTV indicating that they may have problems with their live courtroom feed due to the storm that's just hitting Orlando.

Nova24
Was JG allowed to testify?

Someone posted earlier that he won't be but I missed this part in court.

darnudes
I think Baez's plan today is to keep rotating the witnesses so he can put on ICA nice and fresh tomorrow, my bet is that he will keep her on the stand until the break for 4 July.

Amster
06-29-2011, 03:24 PM
I recommend all you ex-smokers run out and get some e-cigs to prevent returning to the real thing. This case will drive some to drink. Me, it has driven to smoke......just e-cigs though.

Quit last Nov. after smoking for over 30 yrs. No desire for e-cigs or anything like it. Now, if I could just get over my habit of eating food, I'd be really happy!! :crazy:

CN2Souls
My personal opinion is:
JB watches the talking Heads say stuff like " Jose should have asked the wittiness this or that" Then JB brings them back on the stand and ask them stuff he heard them (the TH) say....

azscr4mbl3r
I am going on the record saying I will not be surprised if the next witness is ZFG.

marlap
06-29-2011, 03:25 PM
Greetings all,

I'm a newbie here, and obviously late to the party - but just as fascinated by all of this as I'm sure you are! Praying for justice for Caylee.

Welcome to the group Exgi! So happy you're here!

:welcome4:

ynotdivein
Posting early link back to Trial Thread:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141917&page=27

imawitch
Hi all, Im just back in, im a thinking its special break time? maybe smoke break? lol

Im all caught up thanks to each and everyone of you!

belle3
KARMA is ICA getting the defense she so richly deserves.

Bullwinkle
WFTV indicating that they may have problems with their live courtroom feed due to the storm that's just hitting Orlando.

Rain fade - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Nova24
You know, I'm really still concerned about RK mentioning the money and not wanting to split it with his ex-wife. He explained that yesterday. I really believe it was a motive as far as his son's testimony -- Mom is showing her ex. All just :cow: of course. But I don't buy the young man's "disinterested" line, no particular axe to grind with his dad. Too many references to negative things about him, including stuff he really wouldn't know anything about -- since he hasn't had contact with him since he was eight -- including that shot about his past behaviors. How would he know? From his Mom. So, if she was mad after hearing about RK potentially hiding the reward money, I can see this starting to roll.

Not saying he personally did anything dishonest, only that he was amenable and malleable to his mother's interest in the case.

:cow:

He also states his mother AND wife reminded him of the call. Was that something you would really forget. I felt like they forced him to come forward.

KariKae

I think Judge Perry said no, unless DT can find a case to convince him otherwise

nursebeeme
time for trial again: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6797237&posted=1#post6797237

Soulmagent
06-29-2011, 03:26 PM
Judge Eaton on WESH

DT has tried to prove OS, but have not been able to do that. Molestation, drowning, etc. The only way at this point is to get it from GA or ICA.

Right and one reason I believe a mistrial will happen. His theory of defence was complex and the court is treating it as simple. Jesse grunds statement should have been allowed into court.

SA's cited timeframe not relevent ,yet this trial has seen testimony stating evidence entered into court for the states pupose in the same timeframe which did go to state of mind because 2006 is when zanny the nanny was made up and when Jess was told what he was told, which goes to cindy being told about zanny.

defence team should have got him in. but they are not very good.

Serjen
Hmm, let's see...Baez's favourite witnesses are

Yuri
George
Cindy
Lee
Kronk

Do you think he will just keep rotating them so the trial is never ending?

Don't forget Welch!

Tipstaff

JG gave a proffer after Jury left yesterday. Long and short of it he gave hearsay testimony that he asked ICA about LA. LA made JG uncomfortable and ICA related to JG that she didn't want Caylee around him because she ICA woke up one night to LA groping her.

Took all of 4 minutes or so. Don't think the state asked 1 question of JG. All JB.

reeseeva
WFTV on now 1 screen is OK, listening to Bill Schaeffer now....

marie-chantal
Who is up next-anyone know?

Probably some other meter reader or someone else who has already testified many times and/or has nothing in general to add to the case:banghead:

deelytful1
Greetings all,

I'm a newbie here, and obviously late to the party - but just as fascinated by all of this as I'm sure you are! Praying for justice for Caylee.

:Welcome1:

stilettos
Quit last Nov. after smoking for over 30 yrs. No desire for e-cigs or anything like it. Now, if I could just get over my habit of eating food, I'd be really happy!! :crazy:

Well this case has driven me to want my "special break" with "special ciggies" and that's really not good.:great:

frogger
You know, I'm really still concerned about RK mentioning the money and not wanting to split it with his ex-wife. He explained that yesterday. I really believe it was a motive as far as his son's testimony -- Mom is showing her ex. All just :cow: of course. But I don't buy the young man's "disinterested" line, no particular axe to grind with his dad. Too many references to negative things about him, including stuff he really wouldn't know anything about -- since he hasn't had contact with him since he was eight -- including that shot about his past behaviors. How would he know? From his Mom. So, if she was mad after hearing about RK potentially hiding the reward money, I can see this starting to roll.

Not saying he personally did anything dishonest, only that he was amenable and malleable to his mother's interest in the case.

I'm worried that we'll get a whole new series of "experts" testifying that RK messed with the duct tape when he moved the skull, so there's no way to tell how/when/if it was applied.

Gma Kat

ITA. If any jurors have an ex I'm sure this isn't lost on them.........

2goldfish
Too bad the jury can't ask for a copy of JB's opening statement to make a check list for what he should have covered and see how many items aren't checked off by anyone's testimony.

I believe they can. they can have any of the testimony they want.

ExpectingUnicorns
06-29-2011, 03:27 PM
I hated it that Jose kept saying to RK, "you stuck your meter reader into the skull" and kept forgetting to put stick or probe at the end of meter reader.

JustMeDeb
06-29-2011, 03:27 PM
I'll trade you a pack of Newports for it, but it has to be the whole brick.

Deal!

Turnadot
06-29-2011, 03:28 PM
I've never seen the same witnesses called over and over, covering the same ground as the first time they were up.

Those poor jurors. I can't wait to hear Baez say, 'The defense rests.'

deelytful1

Agreed. Then he kept trying to get in the fact that RK makes up fantastical stories.... just didn't sit right with me.

Gma Kat
I'm worried that we'll get a whole new series of "experts" testifying that RK messed with the duct tape when he moved the skull, so there's no way to tell how/when/if it was applied.

I was thinking the same thing but remembered that Dr. G and at least one other person testified that it was the duct tape that would have kept the mandible in place all this time. All the activity described either correctly or incorrectly by RK would have dislodged the mandible IF the tape wasn't or hadn't been holding it in place. That information trumps any other information about moving the body IMO. The mandible was still attached and that is huge.

fifteen89
I believe they can. they can have any of the testimony they want.

Opening statements aren't testimony.

marie-chantal
I am going on the record saying I will not be surprised if the next witness is ZFG.

They should call in the Easter Bunny too :floorlaugh:

JustMeDeb
Good point just made on HLN, and from a usual defense backer, mind you! She said, don't you think if George felt guilty about doing anything to Caylee or helping a cover up in any way, it would have shown up in the suicide note? She said, it is just comment sense.

nursebeeme
06-29-2011, 03:29 PM
time for trial again: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6797237&posted=1#post6797237

bumping up

allycat1208
What happened with George today? I got here late.

RSDhoping for a cure
I hope I never get time out...I feel like a person with a bad drug habit that can't get my fix when I can't be here all day as it is!

ynotdivein
Magic carpet back to the Trial Thread! (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141917&page=27)

Salem
06-29-2011, 03:38 PM
WARNING: It is against TOS to talk about moderation in the threads. I understand the poster was trying to introduce a little humor, and while cute, it is inappropriate in the threads.

Thanks,

Salem

nursebeeme
06-29-2011, 05:33 PM
please remember that name calling and bashing rules apply here too.... ;-) and that includes defense witnesses.... thanks ;-)

Enola
06-29-2011, 05:34 PM
Well, from this side of the pond, today looked like the defense shooting themselves in the mouth - never mind the foot!

summerthyme
06-29-2011, 05:35 PM
I don't think that helped the defense.

TraceyLeigh
06-29-2011, 05:38 PM
TODAY, I sooo enjoyed watching ICA..... and that is all I will say about that.

sunsetbeach
06-29-2011, 05:41 PM
WOW, it's possible they may have closing on Saturday.

Man I have said WOW a lot today!

Turnadot
06-29-2011, 05:42 PM
So, the grief expert was a bust for the defense, yes?

:D

sunsetbeach
06-29-2011, 05:43 PM
Please please please jury, work on Sunday. I want this thing over so I can get on with other things.

flourish
06-29-2011, 05:43 PM
My understanding of "magical thinking" in a psychological clinical sense (I'm not a clinical psychologist, nor a chemist, though) is more in regards to the types of thoughts where you have negative self-talk regarding what you "shoulda woulda coulda" have done, or that you blame yourself for your parents' divorce, or somehow think that you alone could have been able to, or should have been able to, or should now be able to, do something which you clearly do not have the power to do. I hope that makes sense...

rose222
06-29-2011, 05:44 PM
And here I was wondering how I was going to be able to wait till Tuesday for the trial to continue!

SillyJilly
06-29-2011, 05:45 PM
DH may be taking our DS to the weekend festivities(family bbqs) alone...either that or the family is going to have to visit with me by their televisions :crazy:

Bon
06-29-2011, 05:46 PM
Big BBQ Sunday with family, we are celebrating Sunday instead of Monday!!!

What am I going to do??? :(

Don't want to miss rebuttals and closing arguments!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrr!

Turnadot
Bringing this over from Trial Thread--

Well according to EVERYONE I know.,..it hasn't because they have seen NOTHING about it!..Its just not news here.
Yes; but the witness didn't say that. She said it has not been covered over there.

But it has.

A more honest answer from the witness would have been: Not that I'm aware.

stg
The last witness's closing story about the child in the rain HAS to bring up the image in the jury's mind of Caylee's body floating in the muck for months, discarded and abandoned. That really helped the prosecution. Baez gambled and lost, IMO.

spartanmom
Did anyone catch LDB crying??? When did that start?? Just curious....

Pita
06-29-2011, 05:47 PM
Defense resting tomorrow, tells me Casey will not be testifying because she would be on the stand at least one day.

Never believed she would, and still don't.

JBounds
Find it interesting that River Cruz may be last witness. I guess she is their last attempt to discredit GA and get this theory of theirs in.

Turnadot
My sister phoned me and said it was clear today, in her opinion, that GA knows the heartbreaking truth of KC's guilt, and has washed his hands of her.

Does anyone else feel that way?

mom23gr8kids
I wonder what that little exchange was between JB and ICA right before she went back to the holding area. She seemed to have kinda some weird body language after he finished whispering whatever for the longest time in her ear. JMO

BritsKate
06-29-2011, 05:48 PM
Someone asked in the trial thread how sociopaths grieve...I have a story that will help people understand. My ex is NPD/APD (narcissistic psychopath) and my Mom passed away in 2006. It is still the only event in my life that nearly broke me. I could not function, stayed in bed for weeks, didn't eat, sleep, etc.

3 days into my grieving process my ex husband told me how disappointed my Mom would be in me that I didn't realise how much he was hurting. He cried while going on an hour long diatribe about himself - his loss, his pain, and what a horrible wife I was for not pushing aside my grief to soothe him.

I divorced him not too long after that. ;)

deelytful1

I have one on Monday! Would it be rude to bring my iphone and periodically "check in?" Oh my!! I think I feel a migraine coming on.. no, wait, maybe a cold?

passionflower
Maybe the juror lady will still get to go to ENGLAND!!!! July 7th????

TUSK
kc got up smiling at the end of court. she actually believes,
she will be going home sunday or monday. home to where?
hopesprings? lee? tony? amy? zenida?

Boodles
I missed it. Did the defense say they will rest tomorrow? That would mean Casey is not testifying I presume.

Linda7NJ
06-29-2011, 05:49 PM

what?>

stg
Defense resting tomorrow, tells me Casey will not be testifying because she would be on the stand at least one day.

But, she will be asked by the judge directly if she is choosing not to testify herself, by her own decision. If she really wants to testify, the defense has to allow her to do so. I think they will try to talk her out of it, and possibly alredy have, but who knows what she'll say. Could be a surprise.

logicalgirl
That's true Pita but when has the Defense ever done what they said they would - I'll only need a couple of minutes here Judge, and three hours later....

I don't think they have any choice at this point...and nothing to lose..it's gone.

ynotdivein
I have to believe the defense intention to close tomorrow means #CaseyAnthony will not testify.
by bobkealing via twitter at 5:44 PM

Bon

I'll believe the defense is resting tomorrow when I see it!

Auburn
Can someone here please tell me who the user is that has the photo comparison of KC and Ted Bundy? I can't for the life of me remember the users name. I wanted to show it to some family members. TIA

JBounds
My sister phoned me and said it was clear today, in her opinion, that GA knows the heartbreaking truth of KC's guilt, and has washed his hands of her.

No. I don't. Only KC knows the truth and she will never tell.

jojomonkey
06-29-2011, 05:50 PM
So in the rebuttal and closing, does the state get to bring any evidence in that wasn't shown to the jury in the trial or do they have to keep to the evidence submitted?

21merc7

I don't know if he has washed his hands of her, but he made it clear he is not going to put up with that whopping lie that degrades his character. He will still be putting $$ in her account and wishing to speak with her when it is over.

Gotta' feel sorry for the man.

logicalgirl

Yes, I think that's the way it is - I think he is over there - standing with his son. Sure hope CA joins them one day...

Ssejors
Carried over from trial thread

I am still shaken up by the story of the poor momma who was afraid to let her boy spend the night alone in the dark in the rain, even after he had died and was buried.

That is TRUE Grief. We havent seen anything that resembles that from ICA... Did anyone get any pics ICA while SK was telling that story...?

I cant imagine how heart breaking and painful that would be, to be holding an umbrella and blankets over your childs grave, afraid that they are scared and cold... :'( im still in tears here!

Kat
The story about the mother with the young child that had never been alone in the dark and rain was so sad. What a contradiction.

KC double hefty bagged her daughter and chucked her into a swamp.

I think the jury will see the difference. JMHO

passionflower
dark day for defence according to HLN.
Mark NeJame............31 days nothing from denfense! Just grief expert.........
unbelieveable!
Mark thinks JB HAS to put on ICA before he rests............

gmt
06-29-2011, 05:51 PM
KC agreeing with JA, loved it.

JBounds
Anyone have the story about the child in the rain typed up?

Schu7
Anyone else going to be up a bit early, too see how Casey is dressed at 8.30?

rose222
I'm putting everything on hold till the jury completes deliberation!! I'll be sitting at home checking in every hour wishing, hoping and praying!

I hope that those of you who are able to put off other engagements will do so cos you'll probably regret it otherwise ;)

magnolia

I don't think LDB was crying. Probably a little watering due to eye strain after a long day in court.

SMK

Does anyone else feel that way?It sure came across that way....

stg

His own attorney said last week GA and CA question her innocence. GA may have been in denial for awhile, but any logical mind has to reach the conclusion she is guilty.

TraceyLeigh
06-29-2011, 05:52 PM
The story about the mother with the young child that had never been alone in the dark and rain was so sad. What a contradiction.

KC double hefty bagged her daughter and chucked her into a swamp.

I think the jury will see the difference. JMHO

That was sad beyond words....my heartfelt sympathies to anyone who has experienced the loss of a child....

MissSallyAnnie

His testimony today was gut wrenching, very sad and I believe what you say is clear. Just heard a commentator on HLN say she saw a "smile" on Casey's face as George left the stand, aided by his attorney. She said it didn't show on camera. If this girl is found not guilty, she is dangerous and I believe will kill again.

sheri21
If anybody here tweets with the night time talking heads, someone say something about the boy in the rain, and the contrast of poor Caylee thrown out in the rain and dark. I am trying to swallow my wine (I really need it today) and I can't. That was so sad and so powerful if anyone really stops to think about it. I hope LDB uses it in closing too. That mother was grieving, ICA ... I just can't find the words.

newsjunkie

I am still shaken up by the story of the poor momma who was afraid to let her boy spend the night alone in the dark in the rain, even after he had died and was buried.

That is TRUE Grief. We havent seen anything that resembles that from ICA... Did anyone get any pics ICA while SK was telling that story...?

I cant imagine how heart breaking and painful that would be, to be holding an umbrella and blankets over your childs grave, afraid that they are scared and cold... :'( im still in tears here!

No screen shots, but she (ICA) was muttering in agreement about the bond between mother and child and nodding her head, as though she had done something similar. :loser:

bayouland
kc got up smiling at the end of court. she actually believes,
she will be going home sunday or monday. home to where?
hopesprings? lee? tony? amy? zenida?

I think she is smiling at the thought that she is going to screw up the schedule. I think she will take the stand. I also think she will be sorry that she did.

BigFatMommyDog
06-29-2011, 05:53 PM
Someone asked in the trial thread how sociopaths grieve...I have a story that will help people understand. My ex is NPD/APD (narcissistic psychopath) and my Mom passed away in 2006. It is still the only event in my life that nearly broke me. I could not function, stayed in bed for weeks, didn't eat, sleep, etc.

3 days into my grieving process my ex husband told me how disappointed my Mom would be in me that I didn't realise how much he was hurting. He cried while going on an hour long diatribe about himself - his loss, his pain, and what a horrible wife I was for not pushing aside my grief to soothe him.

wow. used your dead mother against you to diminish you and get attention for himself.

I hope you ran like hell - and I hope he rots in it.

oh, and that's ICA to a "T" her tears today were when Karioth was describing how people don't understand "her"

Turnadot
No. I don't. Only KC knows the truth and she will never tell.
Really? You didn't feel that GA now knows KC murdered Caylee? It seemed to me today as well that he does.

I don't think he did from the start; he truly believed Caylee was missing, but at this point, I think he believes KC is guilty.

gmt
Find it interesting that River Cruz may be last witness. I guess she is their last attempt to discredit GA and get this theory of theirs in. If I were her I sure would be afraid to go up against these SA's if I were going to lie. She has seen how good they are.

Etiana
As much as that was torture, the grief doctor didn't realize that her story about the Mother sitting out with a blanket and umbrella in the rain because she was so worried about her child being alone; was going to be a perfect ending to her testimony and thanks to JA, he made sure it was the ending.

Caylee's lifeless body lay in the woods and her Mother was content to watch a movie and lay in bed with a man while her child was surrounded by garbage, mud, debris and water.

21merc7
Maybe the fairy god lady magical thinker decided she did not like testifying on behalf of KC after she knew more about the case, hence the rain story.

That certainly slammed in the faces of the jurors that Caylee was rained on from June to December.

Magical thinking, it works for me!

ynotdivein
06-29-2011, 05:54 PM
Can someone here please tell me who the user is that has the photo comparison of KC and Ted Bundy? I can't for the life of me remember the users name. I wanted to show it to some family members. TIA

Auburn, those types of comparisons fall under our "visual bashing" TOS rules and the original poster was kind enough to remove the siggie. Perhaps they will read here and respond to you privately.

Benchwarmer
The last witness's closing story about the child in the rain HAS to bring up the image in the jury's mind of Caylee's body floating in the muck for months, discarded and abandoned. That really helped the prosecution. Baez gambled and lost, IMO.

My brother died @ 27 when his car left the road and went into a river. His body wasn't recovered until a week later and I am still haunted by what my mother said in her grief:
"I can't bear the thought of him being in that water all those days and nights. When he was a baby I would get up just to change his diaper so he wouldn't have to be wet through the night."

Lil'E

I totally agree with your sis!!

jeepgirlva

Yes I agree and shocked I never thought he would turn on her I even thought he was going to admit to molestation just to help her case I am so proud of George today he stood up for Caylee...

logicalgirl
For those who missed the 8:30 Am - 9:00AM bit, HHJP specifically mentioned that when the defense rests he is obligated to ask her if she wants to testify - then just sat there looking over at them. ICA nodded that she understood.

jojomonkey
06-29-2011, 05:55 PM

I do - I was worried it until today. I think he's crossed over into the acceptance stage. I still think Cindy has some denial going on, but George has accepted the facts.

Robyn623
06-29-2011, 05:55 PM
Wow! I can't believe it is almost over. I imagine the jury will be chomping at the bit to work on Sunday and Monday. What do you all think?

mombomb
06-29-2011, 05:56 PM
Anyone else going to be up a bit early, too see how Casey is dressed at 8.30?

I got most of it, I'll go get you what I have.

TotallyObsessed
Magical thinking....isn't that what Harry Potter took at Hogwarts?

Bon
I have one on Monday! Would it be rude to bring my iphone and periodically "check in?" Oh my!! I think I feel a migraine coming on.. no, wait, maybe a cold?

It's at my sister's house, I have a feeling I won't be swimming and mingling outside. I am going to lock myself in her bedroom........this is a real bummer...

logicalgirl
Maybe the fairy god lady magical thinker decided she did not like testifying on behalf of KC after she knew more about the case, hence the rain story.

That certainly slammed in the faces of the jurors that Caylee was rained on from June to December.

Magical thinking, it works for me!

I loved that story in the moment, but for most of the afternoon I was wondering how I ended up sitting under that mushroom ....

sheri21
I'm out. Taking my wine to the bathtub crying my eyes out, that little boy in the rain just got me bad. Dang, this trial is rough.

Have a nice night all. It is uplifting to know that so many good people do exist.

MissSallyAnnie
06-29-2011, 05:57 PM
No screen shots, but she was muttering in agreement about the bond between mother and child and nodding her head, as though she had done something similar. :loser:
I read her lips at that point. I believe she said "It doesn't", meaning a mother's bond doesn't end with death.

Kat
06-29-2011, 05:58 PM
My brother died @ 27 when his car left the road and went into a river. His body wasn't recovered until a week later and I am still haunted by what my mother said in her grief:
"I can't bear the thought of him being in that water all those days and nights. When he was a baby I would get up just to change his diaper so he wouldn't have to be wet through the night."

:hug: I'm so sorry for your loss.

I had a friend that lost her daughter at 5 years of age to an undiagnosed very aggressive cancer.

My friend seemed to be able to handle the stress and grief but because she wasn't thinking clearly she had forgotten about a favorite doll that her daughter had and when she realized that it wasn't in the casket with her she had a complete break down and had to be hospitalized and sedated.

:( grief is ugly. It's something we all experience in our own unique way but there is nothing that convince me that at any time during those 31 days was KC's behavior because of grief over Caylee. JMHO

norcat

Didn't lose a child, but one of our cats passed and we wanted to bury her in our yard. It had been raining for days and was still raining when we buried her. Not only was I sad regarding her passing, but she HATED to be wet and never went out in the rain, and it was so hard to leave her buried in the rain.

RSDhoping for a cure
The IORNY that the Jury could come back on Independence Day and take away ICA's Inependence!!! :)

kantoo
06-29-2011, 05:59 PM
I'm out. Taking my wine to the bathtub crying my eyes out, that little boy in the rain just got me bad. Dang, this trial is rough.

Have a nice night all. It is uplifting to know that so many good people do exist.

...and on the trial thread someone posted that LDB was wiping her eyes.

i rewound and sure enough, major eye wiping by LDB. poor thing, that story hit a nerve with a lot of us. :heartbeat:

have a relaxing bath

MomCat

Need a good excuse to stay home to watch the trial?

Try "food poisoning." It works whdn 'blue flu' wont. Seafood excuse is best cause all know how quick seafood can go over. "I must have eaten a bad piece fish last night."

(once when I had a job I hated I "ate" a lot of "fish.")

Pita

Yep, same here. It reminded me how little Caylee was pulled out of the trunk of Caseys car, heaved into the woods in a garbage pile for animals to devour, and she is off to party down.
That is what came to my mind.

BigFatMommyDog
I read her lips at that point. I believe she said "It doesn't", meaning a mother's bond doesn't end with death.

No, for Casey it's just gotten a damn site more convenient

Emma Peel

I missed this. When?

Talina
But, she will be asked by the judge directly if she is choosing not to testify herself, by her own decision. If she really wants to testify, the defense has to allow her to do so. I think they will try to talk her out of it, and possibly alredy have, but who knows what she'll say. Could be a surprise.

Now wouldn't that be something if she throws a curve ball to her DT. They are expecting her to say no and to the judge she says she wants to testify.

Dr.Fessel
Did anyone see LDB crying? If so what were you watching?

Boodles
HLN went to commercial during the little boy in the dark and rain story, I only caught the end. Does anyone know of a link to the video? TIA

Eidetic
http://i54.tinypic.com/t7loc0.jpg

mombomb
06-29-2011, 06:00 PM
Anyone have the story about the child in the rain typed up?

Magical thinking is not delusions. She gave an example of a woman whose child had died and called her when it was raining and said that he had never been in the rain before so she went there with a blanket an an umbrella and they sat outside. Intellectually the mother knew the child was dead.

QueenD
Mark Nejame just said on HLN w/Vinnie

Talking about the suicide note of GA.

MN said the only suicide here is the defense and their self inflicting womb. LOL

Reality Orlando
No screen shots, but she was muttering in agreement about the bond between mother and child and nodding her head, as though she had done something similar. :loser:

No matter what is thought about this woman's testimony, I have to give her applause for sitting with that mother in the rain. Heart wrenching. It was also just about the WORST thing for the DT. Will any of their witnesses end up as a positive for them?

Eidetic

I saw the same thing.

Cross Creek
ICA neds to wear a dress like a muu muu ...I'm tired of seeing her adjusting her blouse and pants..:maddening:

MissSallyAnnie
Heartbreaking. So sorry.

newsjunkie
I missed this. When?

Right before the last side bar. As the jury was leaving, I believe, because they were all standing.

JSR
So perhaps ICA isn't going to testify? I was pretty sure that she would based off her body language and HHJP's comments about defendant's decision to testify is the defendants alone.

Who knows??? We shall find out tomorrow.

Kat
No, for Casey it's just gotten a damn site more convenient

Ain't that the honest truth? Sing it sister.

Phoebeb
06-29-2011, 06:01 PM
So now that we're in Sidebar thread... I got home from an appointment to turn on the trial and there was SK. She seemed like a combo of Debbie Reynolds and SNL's Sally O'Malley. Also, kept thinking we've had the "Dessert Lady" in this trial. Now we have the "Magical Fruitcake Lady".
Wow, she added nothing to the defense. Another ouch for them. Looks like RC tomorrow. If she doesn't bring it home for the DT, they're in trouble!

Frigga
As much as that was torture, the grief doctor didn't realize that her story about the Mother sitting out with a blanket and umbrella in the rain because she was so worried about her child being alone; was going to be a perfect ending to her testimony and thanks to JA, he made sure it was the ending.

Caylee's lifeless body lay in the woods and her Mother was content to watch a movie and lay in bed with a man while her child was surrounded by garbage, mud, debris and water.

... and being torn apart and eaten by animals.

Rest in peace sweet baby Caylee!

Broderick
I missed where George said something like myself, my daughter, and God know the truth. Baez came back with dog? huh? Jeepers Baez. He opened the door and you came back with a dog reference..... Well, I can't imagine representing a monster.

Donjeta
06-29-2011, 06:02 PM
Magical thinking is when you think, "If I do X then Y will happen". "If I don't do X then Y may happen". "I caused Y because I did X", and in reality other people would say that X and Y have no causal relationship.

Like when you think something awful is going to happen if you step on the cracks in the sidewalk. Your mother got sick because you were mean to your brother. She might not die if you draw thousands of angel pictures. You'll win the match if you have your magical T-shirt on.

pipkins
06-29-2011, 06:02 PM
I dont think that anyone in the court room will fail to be moved by a real loving mothers response to their child

.... on a dark rainy night the grief counselor had a phonecall from a mother whose little boy had died saying that it was the first time he had ever been alone in the dark and that it was raining. The grief counselor took an umbrella and blanket and they sat in the dark huddled under a blanket sheltering from the rain by the grave

A beautiful story and may God Bless the grieving mother x x x

nativeSFL
06-29-2011, 06:03 PM

Try "food poisoning." It works whdn 'blue flu' wont. Seafood excuse is best cause all know how quick seafood can go over. "I must have eaten a bad piece fish last night."

You're a real "magical thinker"!

jojomonkey
For those who missed the 8:30 Am - 9:00AM bit, HHJP specifically mentioned that when the defense rests he is obligated to ask her if she wants to testify - then just sat there looking over at them. ICA nodded that she understood.

I would LOVE to see her take the stand but I really don't think she has the guts.
Casey was protected from scrutiny and discipline her whole life by Cindy (IMO) she couldn't handle it coming from the SA.

MaryBelle
:hug: I'm so sorry for your loss.

I had a friend that lost her daughter at 5 years of age to an undiagnosed very aggressive cancer.

My friend seemed to be able to handle the stress and grief but because she wasn't thinking clearly she had forgotten about a favorite doll that her daughter had and when she realized that it wasn't in the casket with her she had a complete break down and had to be hospitalized and sedated.

:( grief is ugly. It's something we all experience in our own unique way but there is nothing that convince me that at any time during those 31 days was KC's behavior because of grief over Caylee. JMHO

BBM .... Me niether!

Kat
ICA neds to wear a dress like a muu muu ...I'm tired of seeing her adjusting her blouse and pants..:maddening:

No but I bet she would love to wear one of these once she is "aquitted" and goes to the next hot body context at Fusion? (I'm being very sarcastic and ugly LOL :D)

http://www.odditycentral.com/news/fashion-designer-showcases-trashy-clothes-made-of-garbage-bags.html

Mysteeri
The IORNY that the Jury could come back on Independence Day and take away ICA's Inependence!!! :)

Or it could be independence day for her.:(

gngr~snap
When I was on 5 months of bedrest 18 weeks pregnant 90 percent effaced laying upside down in the bed ... thought I was gonna lose my son THAT'S ALL I THOUGHT ABOUT! The rain and the cold.... It haunted me for weeks! God KNEW I couldn't handle it!

I can't imagine throwing your child in bags and tossing her.... and feeling "sexy enough" to enter a hot body contest??
how could she ?

and ICA nodding about the mother child bond???? surely she was thinking
about CINDY

moo

MissSallyAnnie

Amen.

dani

Go ahead with your celebration…just leave every TV you own turned on. Chances are your guests are just as riveted to this case as you/we are!

Some may even call you with their "regrets". "Can't come. Got the flu." :sick:

kantoo

i rewound and sure enough, major eye wiping. poor thing, that story hit a nerve with a lot of us. :heartbeat:

have a relaxing bath

bumping because people are asking

it was after the story about the woman who was worried about her dead son, because it was raining and dark outside, and he shouldn't be out in the rain. she went and sat outside with an umbrella

Leila
06-29-2011, 06:04 PM
With the DT wrapping up tomorrow, and HHBP telling the state that they should be prepared to begin rebuttal tomorrow afternoon, it would appear that the DT may only have one or two witnesses left.

We know by reports that River Cruz was waiting outside in the hall this afternoon, so she is one witness. Are there any more left to testify? I wonder if KC will testify and be the last witness?

As far as rebuttal goes, it's been stated that two of Cindy's former co-workers have been subpoenaed to testify. Bill Shaeffer referenced the HIPPA laws that all medical records be kept for 7 years, so there may be records of Cindy being at work when the computer searches were made.

I also expect to see someone testify regarding phone records for George and Cindy that might show that they weren't home during those computer searches.

I also think Dr. Garavaglia will be called to testify to refute Dr. Spitz's allegation that her autopsy was shoddy.

Can anyone think of other possible rebuttal witnesses?

JSR
No matter what is thought about this woman's testimony, I have to give her applause for sitting with that mother in the rain. Heart wrenching. It was also just about the WORST thing for the DT. Will any of their witnesses end up as a positive for them?

I agree. I think just on the fundamental human being level it was very kind of her to sit with the bereaved mother in the rain to calm her fears about leaving her child out in the cold and rain. I didn't particularly like this witness but she rehabilitated herself with that story. She did a very kind thing.

Turnadot
I missed where George said something like myself, my daughter, and God know the truth. Baez came back with dog? huh? Jeepers Baez. He opened the door and you came back with a dog reference..... Well, I can't imagine representing a monster.
I'm sure the good Christians on the jury appreciated hearing God compared to a dog.

Brilliant move, Baez - not.

newsjunkie
So now that we're in Sidebar thread... I got home from an appointment to turn on the trial and there was SK. She seemed like a combo of Debbie Reynolds and SNL's Sally O'Malley. Also, kept thinking we've had the "Dessert Lady" in this trial. Now we have the "Magical Fruitcake Lady".
Wow, she added nothing to the defense. Another ouch for them. Looks like RC tomorrow. If she doesn't bring it home for the DT, they're in trouble!

*bbm*

Good Call

concentric
06-29-2011, 06:05 PM
Magical thinking is not delusions. She gave an example of a woman whose child had died and called her when it was raining and said that he had never been in the rain before so she went there with a blanket an an umbrella and they sat outside. Intellectually the mother knew the child was dead.

the rain, the blanket...

SMK

(once when I had a job I hated I "ate" a lot of "fish.")Spoken just like an Anthony!:floorlaugh:

BigFatMommyDog
Didn't lose a child, but one of our cats passed and we wanted to bury her in our yard. It had been raining for days and was still raining when we buried her. Not only was I sad regarding her passing, but she HATED to be wet and never went out in the rain, and it was so hard to leave her buried in the rain.

Something similar with my sister - lost a dog (which might as well be her a child as far as she is concerned). In far South Texas, where it's never that cold, a freeze warning on the way. She could not allow the pup (buried) to be out in the cold, put her coat on and was on her way out to "bring him in where it was warm." Took my brother in law almost a full hysterical hour to talk her down. I cannot even imagine what kind of behavior she would have had if it had been one of her children. I don't think she'd be here - I don't think I'd be here either.

Turnadot
I agree. I'm sure she's a lovely woman, but she didn't help the defense at all today, IMO.

AquaEyes
Caylee. That little life, so full of innocence and discovery about the world. The sweet singing voice, the enthused flipping through a book, swimming with her grandmother, just starting out on the road of her life. Then to be murdered in a horrific death and to be cast away in the dark, in the rain, in the blistering heat, where wild things roam, where filth is. I cannot fathom it. I know it, in my head. But I look at ICAs hands, those wringing hands, and I can't understand how or why someone could not put their child first. I see her and she sits coldly, watching out for herself, enjoying the emotional torture of others. There is no remorse, no accepting of any responsibility. It is just stunning and appalling. Scary.

Emma Peel
06-29-2011, 06:06 PM
help!
where's the trial threads from today?

why am I lost?

lol.

and TIA

The Farm
I dont think that anyone in the court room will fail to be moved by a real loving mothers response to their child

.... on a dark rainy night the grief counselor had a phonecall from a mother whose little boy had died saying that it was the first time he had ever been alone in the dark and that it was raining. The grief counselor took an umbrella and blanket and they sat in the dark huddled under a blanket sheltering from the rain by the grave

A beautiful story and may God Bless the grieving mother x x x

Oh my I mieed that, I was watching HLN and there are so many commercials I am up and down trying to get things done.

How both sad and beautiful.

xin
I agree. I think just on the fundamental human being level it was very kind of her to sit with the bereaved mother in the rain to calm her fears about leaving her child out in the cold and rain. I didn't particularly like this witness but she rehabilitated herself with that story. She did a very kind thing.

and in the end, she did the right thing by Caylee.

gmt
What if it took the Jury til July 15 ?

deelytful1
I have to believe the defense intention to close tomorrow means #CaseyAnthony will not testify.
by bobkealing via twitter at 5:44 PM

Awwwwwww :tears:

Leila

It would be interesting to have Dr. Lillian Glass's perspective on Sally Karoth's body language. :)

JSR
06-29-2011, 06:07 PM
With the DT wrapping up tomorrow, and HHBP telling the state that they should be prepared to begin rebuttal tomorrow afternoon, it would appear that the DT may only have one or two witnesses left.

We know by reports that River Cruz was waiting outside in the hall this afternoon, so she is one witness. Are there any more left to testify? I wonder if KC will testify and be the last witness?

As far as rebuttal goes, it's been stated that two of Cindy's former co-workers have been subpoenaed to testify. Bill Shaeffer referenced the HIPPA laws that all medical records be kept for 7 years, so there may be records of Cindy being at work when the computer searches were made.

I also expect to see someone testify regarding phone records for George and Cindy that might show that they weren't home during those computer searches.

I also think Dr. Garavaglia will be called to testify to refute Dr. Spitz's allegation that her autopsy was shoddy.

I think the state will call GA back to the stand. If I were the SA I wouldn't waste my time on CA or LA. But if HHJP allows the suicide note in JA will for sure bring GA back up on stand and finally put to bed all of JB's mean insinuations that he was the one behind Caylee's demise.

annmarie62

I know EXACTLY what you mean! My beloved mother died in '91 of cancer at age 54, 7 mos. from diagnosis to horrible/suffering death. I was devastated. My mom had raised 5 kids by herself after my dad died young, and as the oldest girl, I became her 'partner', sort of, in raising the younger ones (she never asked me to do this, it's what I wanted to do). I took a few days off then went back to work- was living w/fiance at the time. That a-hole could have cared LESS about my grief. I became severely depressed, which disgusted him. Within a week, he told me "Get over it! Even if MY (his) mom had died, I would HANDLE IT BETTER THAN YOU!" I looked him in the eye and said, "YOU have NEVER had anyone close to you die, much less a parent. I swear to God, when either your mother or your father dies, I will be the FIRST person you will think of, and you'll think "OH GOD so THIS is how she felt!"- then we split up, Thank God. Well I still see him from time to time (mutual friends) and I am glad his mom is still alive, however his dad died last October.
I ran into him a month ago and he told me "When my Dad died, I thought of you just like you told me, and I am so sorry for how I treated you back then."
I didn't get any pleasure out of this- used to think I might- just thought it pathetic how he had to get to his 40s in order to display an iota of empathy.

Kat
I agree. I'm sure she's a lovely woman, but she didn't help the defense at all today, IMO.

There are some people in life that have the blessing to be gentle. Gentle of voice and gentle of spirit. I bet she's an amazing counselor. JMHO

QuietStorm
I am trying so hard not to cry but the tears are welling up making it hard for me to type. Oops, there they go. The differences between the mother worried about her baby in the dark and the rain and the mother living the bella vita while her daughter was -- well, you know all the horrible things that poor baby suffered -- the differences are gigantic. I lost my husband last November and I thought I was doing well until this month when his birthday and father's day rolled around one week from each other. I thought I was doing well considering he was progressively ill with dementia since 1998, but I've been hit big-time with grief this month. I need to do something because I am slipping into somewhere I don't want to be. It surprises, angers, mystifies, and sickens me that KC can go live the bella vita after her daughter's death - even if she didn't do it (which I think she did). My heart is full of pain from a more or less natural death - and she sits there stone faced and angry during testimony that breaks the hearts of people who will never know Caylee Marie. I am not a saint, but I changed the diapers of a grown man, bathed him, comforted him, feed him, sang to him, read to him, loved him, and held him in my arms as he lay dying, pleading me with his eyes to not let go. When I finally had to, it was so hard. Because most of us have loved so much and have lost so much through the years, we are outraged at what this young mother has done and even more so at what she continues to do. With every lie she murders her beautiful child over and over again. She needs to rot in hell while her daughter plays games with my Papa Joe. He will love to tease her and make sure she suffers for nothing in their special place.

Cross Creek
06-29-2011, 06:08 PM
If anybody here tweets with the night time talking heads, someone say something about the boy in the rain, and the contrast of poor Caylee thrown out in the rain and dark. I am trying to swallow my wine (I really need it today) and I can't. That was so sad and so powerful if anyone really stops to think about it. I hope LDB uses it in closing too. That mother was grieving, ICA ... I just can't find the words.

Very emotional story of a mother's love for her child. I'm glad she told it and the jury heard it..... what a difference for poor baby Caylee, bless her heart.

Frigga
George and the suicide note Leila?

Concerned Papa

This possibility could change my Fourth Of July plans.

After being there during portions of the search, I made a promise to a little girl that I would be at the courthouse on the day her justice was served.

It's a promise I will keep.

thatswhatshesaid
06-29-2011, 06:09 PM
I was turned off by the last witness through her testimony, both by her opinions and persona, but honest to God when she retold her experience of grabbing blankets and umbrellas to sit by a little boy's grave, because his mother was worried about him being scared--I lost it, too. I surmised the witness is probably very good at helping her clients, and if I was unfortunate enough to need a grief counselor would want one as compassionate...but I still wouldn't want to hear this witness testify again...ever.

I noticed Casey had a little facial reaction at the rain story telling. A lesser version of the faces she made when LA was crying/testifying. As if ICA was touched by this story. As if she has no idea she is the antithesis of the grieving mother. And for just a minute it doesn't compute in my brain how that's possible but I have to remind myself yet again whether its sociopathy or BPD, or just plain evil, ICA's brain is not wired like anyone else!

Oh and JA Rocks.

And now I need to go hug my little boy. *still sniffling*

Donjeta
Agreed. Then he kept trying to get in the fact that RK makes up fantastical stories.... just didn't sit right with me.

Pot, meet kettle :floorlaugh:

jamesdoe

I was just thinking yhe same thing. She must have alot of real compassion for people. I feel somewhat guilty laughing at her. But...She did not belong in this case. MHO

Broderick
06-29-2011, 06:10 PM
I just hope the jury caught the stark contrast from the last witness on how someone dealt with death of a child. It was huge, but I don't know at that hour of the day if the jury was able to assimilate that into the whole of the testimony she gave. It was powerful, if you put the contrast together in your head.

I have a male envy of JA. He is remarkable.

gngr~snap

or chicken...just say you cut up the salad on the same cutting board... forgot to wash it! it takes 8 hours to 3 days to "get sick" and lasts for 4-7 days
:puke:silly me! - yes I really did this! DUH!

I'm kidding! Don't do this Karma will get ya and you will get sick for real!

Dr.Fessel

i rewound and sure enough, major eye wiping by LDB. poor thing, that story hit a nerve with a lot of us. :heartbeat:

have a relaxing bath

What were you watching it on?

The Farm
Are they only allowed so many witnesses for rebuttal? I am a little lost on that.

camcneishg
toooooo
morrow,
tooo
morrow,
I love ya,
tooo
morrow,
your only a daaaaaay
aaaaaa
way!!

fifteen89
06-29-2011, 06:11 PM
3 things...

What will HLN do for coverage over the holiday weekend - will their "A-team" be off on vacation? Who's on the "B-team"?

Magical hypothetical - there's gotta be an 'if it don't fit, you must acquit' saying in there somewhere.

What is LKB gonna say today????? I won't be listening.

little_miss_smart

Jesse Grund?

kantoo
What were you watching it on?

HLN, whatever show comes on from 4-5 central time

Ricki
06-29-2011, 06:12 PM
Yes I agree and shocked I never thought he would turn on her I even thought he was going to admit to molestation just to help her case I am so proud of George today he stood up for Caylee...

I listened to GA's testimony at work. It took all i could muster not to cry at my desk. I am so happy he is finally admitting in his own way that KC did this to his Caylee. I think the final straw for George was seeing LA cry on the stand. He then realized that he did in fact raise a daughter that did the heinous deed and she is not stopping until she destroys the entire family.IMO

Talina

BBM

Unlike some attorneys, LDB and JA seem to very well know when to say "no further questions".

IMO

Bullwinkle
"WKMG-Channel 6 legal analyst Mark NeJame said the case will be taught in law schools as an example of what not to do. “This is, in my opinion, a horribly laid out defense strategy,” NeJame said."

More here: A legal landmark — for the wrong reasons? (http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2011/06/casey-anthony-a-legal-landmark-for-the-wrong-reasons.html)

cluciano63
Poor HLN...when this is over their ratings will go right back to pre-trial days...

Dr.Fessel
06-29-2011, 06:13 PM
HLN, whatever show comes on from 4-5 central time

TY Kantoo!!!

fifteen89
06-29-2011, 06:14 PM
"WKMG-Channel 6 legal analyst Mark NeJame said the case will be taught in law schools as an example of what not to do. “This is, in my opinion, a horribly laid out defense strategy,” NeJame said."

More here: A legal landmark — for the wrong reasons? (http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2011/06/casey-anthony-a-legal-landmark-for-the-wrong-reasons.html)

LOL. Just before I turned off the tv I heard someone (Casey Jordan perhaps) say the Defense needs to pull a rabbitt outta their hats and Nejame said 'it will need to come from somewhere lower than their hats'. LMAO.

Wishbone
06-29-2011, 06:14 PM
Caylee. That little life, so full of innocence and discovery about the world. The sweet singing voice, the enthused flipping through a book, swimming with her grandmother, just starting out on the road of her life. Then to be murdered in a horrific death and to be cast away in the dark, in the rain, in the blistering heat, where wild things roam, where filth is. I cannot fathom it. I know it, in my head. But I look at ICAs hands, those wringing hands, and I can't understand how or why someone could not put their child first. I see her and she sits coldly, watching out for herself, enjoying the emotional torture of others. There is no remorse, no accepting of any responsibility. It is just stunning and appalling. Scary.

Her hands have always bothered me. They are just evil and she wrings them in the same manner that I suspect Pontius Pilate washed his hands.......

JSR
06-29-2011, 06:15 PM
I listened to GA's testimony at work. It took all i could muster not to cry at my desk. I am so happy he is finally admitting in his own way that KC did this to his Caylee. I think the final straw for George was seeing LA cry on the stand. He then realized that he did in fact raise a daughter that did the heinous deed thing and she is not stopping until she destroys the entire family.IMO

BBM.

You know I really think that's where ICA gets her rocks off. She really does revel in destroying her entire family. She clearly enjoys it. She clearly cried long and hard when she saw LA fall apart but had nothing for either of her parents. I think she just cried because she realizes that LA is the only member of her family that is truly under her spell still, and is therefore still useful to her.

Bullwinkle
This was an incredible day on many levels. As I sit here still trying to digest what we were fed by the defense in their supposed day of glory, I can do no better than to mimic the voice of Brando in Apocalypse Now and feebly croak, "The horror".

mrsc72
http://www.examiner.com/images/blog/replicate/EXID1168/images/100713170305resized_Caylee_Anthony_36.jpg Where was my umbrella??

:cry::cry:

Eidetic
http://i55.tinypic.com/nq8yah.jpg
While George testified
http://i54.tinypic.com/34sjvp1.jpg

QuietStorm
06-29-2011, 06:16 PM
Now wouldn't that be something if she throws a curve ball to her DT. They are expecting her to say no and to the judge she says she wants to testify.

I was watching KC as the grief doctor walked out. The doctor said something to someone as she was passing the DT but I don't know to whom she was speaking. Anyone?

The look on KC's face was almost "dang, maybe I did do it." Perhaps she will testify and we will hear another version of what happened to Caylee. Well, that's probably magical thinking.

SeaNymph

I saw that and just immediately thought "She doesnt get it."

She doesnt get the story that had JUST been told was so completely at odds with ANYTHING she did - completely opposite, and somehow she thinks ANYONE would see her as a grieving mother...Oh my God.

A mother out sitting in the rain with a blanket and umbrella over the grave of her dead child, to protect him in HER OWN WAY, the only way she can now but still HAS to because it is so ingrained in her being, afraid his little soul may still need her, while Casey threw Caylee out to be rained on and heaven knows what else for 6 months and NEVER LOOKED BACK.

She is astounding.

I read my first 'crime novel' at 10, Helter Skelter (I know, heavy, snuck it from my dad's library; anywhooo) and I have NEVER seen anything like ICA.

ahoyhoy

I've had quite a few friends with figures like ICA's---short w/ big boobs. I have heard hours about them complaining that THEY 'can't wear' tuxedo ruffles or embellished shirt fronts because those kinds of shirts make everyone stare at their boobs too much.

Anybody see where I'm going, in a backwards sorta way? ICA knows what she's doing. IMO.

Soulmagent
06-29-2011, 06:17 PM

At this point in the defence case do they even need a rebuttle?

The only issue in the defence that mattered was RK.

annmarie62
06-29-2011, 06:18 PM
I agree- when my Mom died, she was cremated, and it took a month or so to arrange the burial of her ashes/buy a plot, etc. I had her ashes with me, in a box, and some nights I slept with them on the bed next to me. To be "near" her, as it were. For the longest time after the burial I would drive out to her grave, lay on it, and just SOB... sometimes I played music, sometimes I would just talk to her... the pain was so raw that it physically HURT. That pain didn't ease for years. Now, if one of my two boys died, God help me, I think I would have to be hospitalized to prevent suicide. I TOTALLY understand the concept of GA wanting to die "to be with Caylee"- not condoning suicide, but it's really easy for me to imagine how he came to that lowest of points.

Leila
06-29-2011, 06:18 PM
I think the state will call GA back to the stand. If I were the SA I wouldn't waste my time on CA or LA. But if HHJP allows the suicide note in JA will for sure bring GA back up on stand and finally put to bed all of JB's mean insinuations that he was the one behind Caylee's demise.

Yes! I agree that the state will include George in their rebuttal if the suicide letter is allowed in.

Baznme
06-29-2011, 06:19 PM

Soon enough she will have a perpetual supply of inmate frocks to wear, every day, always the same color, always the same style, always the same fit, so that should take care of that problem.

LyndyLoo

BBM~~ I dont know if anyone heard this or not..But apparantly RC aka Ms Holloway was interviewed and according to JVM she said she was moved by GA's testimony and having watched KC's reactions..... she is NOW convinced that kC did this!!..

I realize this is hearsay since I dont have a link..sorry, but given that..I rather doubt DT will put her on the stand..IF they do..it would be yet another DT witness who becomes a SA Witness!!

JMOO

Broderick
Her hands have always bothered me. They are just evil and she wrings them in the same manner that I suspect Pontius Pilatus washed his hands.......

Funny you brought up hands, because I was thinking that she reaches for her neck when she deals with Baez. Maybe fear or awe. Who knows. Anyway, when the last sidebar happened - watch her demeanor if you can. Baez jumped up about as close as he will ever be to a Judge's seat and hovered over LBD. This was following a laugh session in front ICA earlier with LBD, where you could tell ICA was uncomfortable. Again in the sidebar she glances over. Forced herself imo to not look again for quite awhile and then looked and saw those two pretty chummy - reached for her neck again. There is a symbolism there in many ways. She was not happy, at all. I think she is jealous and perhaps can know that once this case is over, LBD will have more in common and more interaction potentially with JB in the future... In this case, I think she had that and a hit of jealousy.

countzero
06-29-2011, 06:20 PM
I'm gonna miss tomorrow seeing JB trying desperately to throw water out of his sinking ship as the "River C" puts the final hole in it.

I'm taking my mom and aunts out tomorrow for my aunts birthday celebration.

Eidetic
06-29-2011, 06:21 PM
So sad when George said it's been hard to come to terms with the fact that he doesn't have a grand daughter anymore. She can never completely erase Caylee George, she will always be your grand daughter.

JBounds
06-29-2011, 06:21 PM
I like what Judge Alex on HLN said. This is an ABC defense. Anybody But Casey.

QuietStorm
06-29-2011, 06:22 PM

What happens after the state's rebuttal? Does defense rebut the rebuttal and vice versa into infinity? Or does the state have the last word? I think they do since Caylee is the victim and they are speaking for her. I've watched lots of trials but some states have different rules, so I'm curious. TIA.

dani
06-29-2011, 06:22 PM
[QUOTE=QueenD;6800675]Mark Nejame just said on HLN w/Vinnie

Talking about the suicide note of GA.

MN said the only suicide here is the defense and their self inflicting womb. LOL

BBM
Did he really say WOMB? :floorlaugh:

Etiana
06-29-2011, 06:23 PM
Unfortunately I can speak from experience and the Mother worried about her little boy in the dark and rain....

I remember that very night after the burial realizing that the person who I loved most in the world would not be tucking in his sweet children for the night nor would the warmth of his body be curled up next to mine as we slept. My parents had my little ones that night and before it was light out, I drove to the cemetery, put our favourite blanket on the ground and laid down next to the freshly dug earth and flowers. I didn't care how it looked or how strange people would think I was, I just needed to be with my husband.

Grief is a long, exhausting journey and even though we all grieve differently, there is nothing in ICA's demeanor after her daughter was killed, whether by her own hands or an accident, that spoke of grief imo.

MaryBelle
I just hope the jury caught the stark contrast from the last witness on how someone dealt with death of a child. It was huge, but I don't know at that hour of the day if the jury was able to assimilate that into the whole of the testimony she gave. It was powerful, if you put the contrast together in your head.

I have a male envy of JA. He is remarkable.

I have a feeling JA is already planning to help them out with that. (I hope.)

Ricki
I am trying so hard not to cry but the tears are welling up making it hard for me to type. Oops, there they go. The differences between the mother worried about her baby in the dark and the rain and the mother living the bella vita while her daughter was -- well, you know all the horrible things that poor baby suffered -- the differences are gigantic. I lost my husband last November and I thought I was doing well until this month when his birthday and father's day rolled around one week from each other. I thought I was doing well considering he was progressively ill with dementia since 1998, but I've been hit big-time with grief this month. I need to do something because I am slipping into somewhere I don't want to be. It surprises, angers, mystifies, and sickens me that KC can go live the bella vita after her daughter's death - even if she didn't do it (which I think she did). My heart is full of pain from a more or less natural death - and she sits there stone faced and angry during testimony that breaks the hearts of people who will never know Caylee Marie. I am not a saint, but I changed the diapers of a grown man, bathed him, comforted him, feed him, sang to him, read to him, loved him, and held him in my arms as he lay dying, pleading me with his eyes to not let go. When I finally had to, it was so hard. Because most of us have loved so much and have lost so much through the years, we are outraged at what this young mother has done and even more so at what she continues to do. With every lie she murders her beautiful child over and over again. She needs to rot in hell while her daughter plays games with my Papa Joe. He will love to tease her and make sure she suffers for nothing in their special place.

Wonderful, compassionate post. I think you got us all teary eyed. I know I am. Peace

Wishbone
06-29-2011, 06:24 PM
Funny you brought up hands, because I was thinking that she reaches for her neck when she deals with Baez. Maybe fear or awe. Who knows. Anyway, when the last sidebar happened - watch her demeanor if you can. Baez jumped up about as close as he will ever be to a Judge's seat and hovered over LBD. This was following a laugh session in front ICA earlier with LBD, where you could tell ICA was uncomfortable. Again in the sidebar she glances over. Forced herself imo to not look again for quite awhile and then looked and saw those two pretty chummy - reached for her neck again. There is a symbolism there in many ways. She was not happy, at all. I think she is jealous and perhaps can know that once this case is over, LBD will have more in common and more interaction potentially with JB in the future... In this case, I think she had that and a hit of jealousy.

I missed that, but have noticed that when successful, intellegent, attractive, professional women gave their testimony should look at them with great disdain

SMK
06-29-2011, 06:25 PM
After watching today, I really think the Defense should have just gone with a drowning story, and Casey covering it up, and going into denial. They should never have brought the sexual molestation, GA's being part of the cover-up, and Kronk in. Know this has been said before, but feel it all came back to roost the last 2 days.

Baznme
Just now on HLN, they were showing GA's emotional testimony and ICA's expression along side. She seemed so cold with no emotion, until GA started crying so hard he could hardly talk, then.........I saw a "glimmer" of emotion from ICA. She was acting for the jury for the most part of that so they might see her as viewing her father as the "bad" father but, her knowing full well that is not the truth, she is now shocked that he believes that she alone is responsible for his grandaughter no longer being here.

AVMAURA

When my son was 11 yrs old a friend of his died on playground at school from brain anyurism (sp) My son was alter boy at his funeral.We were stationed in MA at Army base in VERY cold winter.....

Before we moved in March during snowstorm Tim insisted on going to his friends snow covered grave and covering it with blankets so Kevin would not get cold.........I am sobbing thinking of this mother in the rain and my son in the snow

MissJames
06-29-2011, 06:26 PM

:hug:

Today has opened a lot of old wounds. TG we have each other .

Thank you for sharing . It flies in the face of the DT's opening statement.

fifteen89
06-29-2011, 06:26 PM
Did JB say the Defense will rest tomorrow? Is he counting on no cross exam for Casey?

Searchfortruth
06-29-2011, 06:27 PM
After today's testimony, I feel more confident than ever that the jury will come back with a 1st degree murder conviction. It will be a sweet day when the verdict comes in, for so many of us. Caylee will have the justice that she so rightly deserves. Casey will have her justice too, and no one deserves, the kind of justice she will receive, more than she does. Thank God for the prosecutors that have worked so hard for Caylee. I, for one, will be glad when this trial is over and Casey is locked away and forgotten.

hannahsnana
06-29-2011, 06:27 PM
Is River Cruz the only defense witness left? I'm not sure she'll be allowed to testify.

Baznme
06-29-2011, 06:28 PM

ITA but, along with that I think it's a gesture of self-comforting in an insecure frame of mind. A little paranoid maybe too. She's at the end of the hallway with this trial and she knows it!

milliac

I am so sorry for your loss and the pain you are feeling. God Bless you!

annmarie62
THAT'S IT!!!! Molly Shannon's Sally O' Malley!! I was trying to think of that character's name for HOURS, you have saved me from obsessing all night! Someone has to find a video. What did she say- "I like to kick! and ??" This woman IS Sally O!!!!!!!

jojomonkey
I've had quite a few friends with figures like ICA's---short w/ big boobs. I have heard hours about them complaining that THEY 'can't wear' tuxedo ruffles or embellished shirt fronts because those kinds of shirts make everyone stare at their boobs too much.

Anybody see where I'm going, in a backwards sorta way? ICA knows what she's doing. IMO.

It's true, I'm "ample" in that area and those types of embellishments on a top make you look even bigger anyways.

I've noticed that people pull and tug at their clothes for two reasons (at least women do) 1 is that they are very insecure and uncomfortable being looked at or 2) they are drawing attention to the areas of their body they want people to look at.

deelytful1

LG... did she give any inclination that she was saying she wanted to? or just that she understood. You seem perceptive yourself and I can see you've followed this trial thoroughly!! Do you think she will?

thatswhatshesaid
For everyone sharing your stories of loss :tears: :hug: :grouphug:

sheri21
06-29-2011, 06:29 PM
It's at my sister's house, I have a feeling I won't be swimming and mingling outside. I am going to lock myself in her bedroom........this is a real bummer...

It will be there in reruns and all night talk shows. Go and have fun with your family. Swim with the little ones. Let them know you love them and they are safe. ICA can wait for your attention. YOUR family can't. IMO

MomCat
What if it took the Jury til July 15 ?

oooooooo....... biteyourtongue!

Turnadot
Did JB say the Defense will rest tomorrow? Is he counting on no cross exam for Casey?
River Cruse(sp?) could be the last witness.

GiantPickle
OH. MY. GOD. I am watching George be crossed by JA and I AM BAWLING !!!!! What was ICA doing during this?

bocephus
06-29-2011, 06:30 PM
OH. MY. GOD. I am watching George be crossed by JA and I AM BAWLING !!!!! What was ICA doing during this?

nothing...just that blank stare she always has.

cluciano63
It's true, I'm "ample" in that area and those types of embellishments on a top make you look even bigger anyways.

I've noticed that people pull and tug at their clothes for two reasons (at least women do) 1 is that they are very insecure and uncomfortable being looked at or 2) they are drawing attention to the areas of their body they want people to look at.

I don't think she is picking out her own clothes...she was probably given a supply of things. And to me, she looked very uncomfortable in that shirt today, IMO.

GiantPickle
Winnie The Pooh the movie comes out July 15th people.

Frigga
Oh yes- in rebuttal they will also be bringing in the IT person to bring up the computer and IM records of ICA's activity on the morning of the supposed 'drowning' (murder) on June 16th, 2008- to refute what ICA was actually doing! Can't wait!

Turnadot
06-29-2011, 06:31 PM
Being ice. Cold.

Broderick
06-29-2011, 06:31 PM

From what little I have seen of her, I don't think she will be believable. I got a feeling she will be torn asunder on cross. Jmo.

newsjunkie
06-29-2011, 06:32 PM

I posted this pic in the trial thread, but I'll post it again just for you. You need to see not just read how she looked.

RSDhoping for a cure

Today has opened a lot of old wounds. TG we have each other .

Thank you for sharing . It flies in the face of the DT's opening statement.

:grouphug:

Just want to send out my sincere condolences to all that have lost someone and have had those wounds opened up due to this trial!

Turnadot
I can't believe we're nearing the end of this case. I remember watching live online coverage of KC's perp walk in the blue hoodie.

Gma Kat
After watching today, I really think the Defense should have just gone with a drowning story, and Casey covering it up, and going into denial. They should never have brought the sexual molestation, GA's being part of the cover-up, and Kronk in. Know this has been said before, but feel it all came back to roost the last 2 days.

ITA. Which is why I think the sexual abuse allegations are to wash her free from all responsility AND punish good old dad for loving Caylee too, if not more.

ynotdivein
06-29-2011, 06:33 PM
TOS and the Rulez still apply in the Sidebar thread.

If you need a refresher after today's events, that is totally understandable and here you go:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=159

Where this post falls is random.

:tyou:

Gma Kat
Oh no. LKB is on. Now I'm gonna have to change the channel or be ill.

Bullwinkle
Poor HLN. When this is over their ratings will go right back to pre-trial days.

It looks like HLN's ratings have gone down compared to a year ago:

"The Casey Anthony trial is proving to be a boon for HLN. Still, the network is down double digits when compared to last May: down -12% in Total Viewers and down -17% in younger viewers in primetime and flat in total viewers and down -15% in younger viewers in total day viewing."

From: mediabistro.com/tvnewser/may-2011-ratings-hln-down-double-digits_b69082 (http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/may-2011-ratings-hln-down-double-digits_b69082)

technicalconfusion
I read my first 'crime novel' at 10, Helter Skelter (I know, heavy, snuck it from my dad's library; anywhooo) and I have NEVER seen anything like ICA.

I read that in high school and only got thru half of it then. Took me into my 20's before I could read the whole thing. Scared the bejeezus out of me.

Turnadot
From what little I have seen of her, I don't think she will be believable. I got a feeling she will be torn asunder on cross. Jmo.
Yes, IMO, she has huge credibility issues.

Kat
06-29-2011, 06:34 PM
Unfortunately I can speak from experience and the Mother worried about her little boy in the dark and rain....

I remember that very night after the burial realizing that the person who I loved most in the world would not be tucking in his sweet children for the night nor would the warmth of his body be curled up next to mine as we slept. My parents had my little ones that night and before it was light out, I drove to the cemetery, put our favourite blanket on the ground and laid down next to the freshly dug earth and flowers. I didn't care how it looked or how strange people would think I was, I just needed to be with my husband.

Grief is a long, exhausting journey and even though we all grieve differently, there is nothing in ICA's demeanor after her daughter was killed, whether by her own hands or an accident, that spoke of grief imo.

You sharing your experience reminded me of a photo (real photo not staged) that I saw early on after the war had begun.

http://memoirsfromnam.blogspot.com/2010/12/final-goodbye.html

Just wanted to say thank you for sharing your story.

minazoe
Casey made these allegations...JB should have known better than to follow her bread crumb trail to nowhere...

Casey enjoys the attention and could care less if George blubbers on the stand...this is all a game to Casey...

SongBird
Just now on HLN, they were showing GA's emotional testimony and ICA's expression along side. She seemed so cold with no emotion, until GA started crying so hard he could hardly talk, then.........I saw a "glimmer" of emotion from ICA. She was acting for the jury for the most part of that so they might see her as viewing her father as the "bad" father but, her knowing full well that is not the truth, she is now shocked that he believes that she alone is responsible for his grandaughter no longer being here.

oppps...clicked on the wrong post to quote...sorry

JustMeDeb
06-29-2011, 06:35 PM
One good thing about the end of this trial. No more LKB for awhile! Can I get an Amen?

Kat
I have to run errands (it's half past noon here) Thanks to everyone that posted to the trial thread today!

Take care everyone see you in the AM!

LyndyLoo
IF KC testifies its going to be her decision..her defense has covered their assets in checking that she is "Fit"..so IF she does..it means she feels nothing to loose and they need to know her side of it ( lies lies lies)..but dont believe she will like the slaughter of her cross exam..although she will do what she does best!! Deny Deny Deny..NOT her faut, NOT her fault, Not her fault:floorlaugh:

IF KC tesitfies it will be truly a sign of her identity..She doesnt give a care about anyone or thing except herself!!..Hummm sounds like a defination of some sort of Disorder..however NOT Insanity..:floorlaugh:

Drama Queen
LKB makes me a bit sick to my stomach. No...let me rephrase. She makes me very sick to my stomach. Her spin on things is just a bunch of hooey!
I am proud of myself for not saying the s... word.

mom23gr8kids
06-29-2011, 06:36 PM
BBM~~ I dont know if anyone heard this or not..But apparantly RC aka Ms Holloway was interviewed and according to JVM she said she was moved by GA's testimony and having watched KC's reactions..... she is NOW convinced that kC did this!!..

I realize this is hearsay since I dont have a link..sorry, but given that..I rather doubt DT will put her on the stand..IF they do..it would be yet another DT witness who becomes a SA Witness!!

JMOO

How was she moved by his testimony if she was out in hall waiting her turn how does she know what even happened in the courtroom????? I think she's just looking for a way out.

Cross Creek
06-29-2011, 06:36 PM
or chicken...just say you cut up the salad on the same cutting board... forgot to wash it! it takes 8 hours to 3 days to "get sick" and lasts for 4-7 days
:puke:silly me! - yes I really did this! DUH!

I'm kidding! Don't do this Karma will get ya and you will get sick for real!

Tell them you have a case of diarrhea .... that always works!!! Just a little "mistruth" for a good cause!

MissJames
06-29-2011, 06:37 PM

Oh Honey, help is coming :hug:

mfcmom
You know I recently nearly lost one of my adopted children, 12 y/o, who secondary to her abuse, had to undergo a hysterectomy, and unfortunately the hospital overdosed her with morphine coming out of recovery when we got her upstairs she went into cardiac arrest. I remember being dragged out in the hallway when the code team ran in and screaming at the top of my lungs, and know I frightened every child in that floor. The pain in the pit of your stomach is something you never forget. Today I remembered that pain with George.
My heart aches for him.

NCEast
I read that in high school and only got thru half of it then. Took me into my 20's before I could read the whole thing. Scared the bejeezus out of me.

That was the first true crime novel for me as well. I was in my early 20s. I re-read that book yearly, it still has a chilling effect on me.

jojomonkey
06-29-2011, 06:38 PM

I think it's foolish for the defense to end with her. But I'm still interested in what she's going to say. In the end, I don't judge George for anything he did during that time, he was anguished and distraught. He wrote things in his suicide note that he couldn't say to Cindy face to face - that says a lot about their relationship. If he didn't feel the support from Cindy that he needed at that time, I don't blame him for latching on to someone who was willing to give him an ear and a shoulder to cry on.

That's all I have to say about that.

magnolia

I think that was Casey's doings. Casey has never cared for her Dad. She wanted to punish him. IMO

pinkfly
LKB says defense needs to show us why ICA became a killer !!!! she accepts that it was murder???

RSDhoping for a cure
I read somewhere on here that LDB was crying...is this true and if so anyone know why?

lowens1975
06-29-2011, 06:39 PM

I'm not counting on Casey getting on the stand. If JA or LDB had their way, they would 'part the waters' of Orlando using her rear end.