PDA

View Full Version : 2011.06.29 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Thirty-One)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

SoSueMe
06-29-2011, 05:22 AM
Good morning everyone!

Today we begin again. :)

LMax
06-29-2011, 05:37 AM
31 days

little_miss_smart
06-29-2011, 05:47 AM
Do we know who is still to testify for the DT, they say they have approx 6 witnesses left?

I'm guessing, Jesse Grund, River Cruz, the psychologist/grief expert(if they allow her to testify) George, Cindy, Lee Casey.

Bree0372
06-29-2011, 05:48 AM
Good Morning! :seeya: Now, I'm off to bed to catch some zzzz's hopefully before River Cruz takes the stand. I read somewhere that RC is expected to take the stand about 11am ET.

~n/t~
06-29-2011, 06:04 AM
Good Morning! :coffee:

I say enough of the circus. Time for the focus to get back to the victim. Caylee Marie Anthony.

Frankly, I'm sick and tired of the never ending defense shenanigans. I don't care if George had 5, 10, 20 affairs. It has nothing to do with Caylee's murder.

Here's to Casey's Bella Vita in prison. Italian biscotti and cappuccino.

http://caitlinscharacters.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/biscotti-coffee.jpg

katydid23
06-29-2011, 06:08 AM
Do we know who is still to testify for the DT, they say they have approx 6 witnesses left?

I'm guessing, Jesse Grund, River Cruz, the psychologist/grief expert(if they allow her to testify) George, Cindy, Lee Casey.

Brandon, Roy Kronk's son is supposed to take the stand today, according to his attorney. This should be interesting.

LaLaw2000
06-29-2011, 06:11 AM
:seeya:

Good morning!

Lets hope this is a good day for the prosecution and Caylee Marie!

darnudes
06-29-2011, 06:11 AM
Morning Peeps :)

Are we ready for another crazy day? Did I hear right that Ann Finnell will be arguing the defense motion this morning by phone at 830am?

Nali87
06-29-2011, 06:12 AM
Brandon, Roy Kronk's son is supposed to take the stand today, according to his attorney. This should be interesting.

So much focus on Roy. I really don't understand it. I guess it's because they couldn't find any psychiatrist to testify that Casey is indeed so messed up in the head that she would cover up a tragic accident.

I'm very interested in hearing Ann defending her motion for a mistral as well. OH and the judge's ruling regarding Jesse's testimony. The grief counselor who never met Casey should be interesting as well.

Ricki
06-29-2011, 06:16 AM
Morning Everyone. Had a virus on the computer. Thankfully it is now removed so I can continue to log on and get updated. Sure seems like today will be interesting. Hope RC doesn't start any fireworks early. She was on fire last night on Levi's show. Peace

Ricki
06-29-2011, 06:21 AM
The defense team is trying so hard to confuse the jury with all these people that they have brought into this mess. In the end and this is my opinion, when all is said and done and the PT has giving their closing statements, this jury will not be confused any longer and KC will be put where she belongs. Baby Caylee will have her justice.. Peace

~n/t~
06-29-2011, 06:23 AM
So much focus on Roy. I really don't understand it. I guess it's because they couldn't find any psychiatrist to testify that Casey is indeed so messed up in the head that she would cover up a tragic accident.

I'm very interested in hearing Ann defending her motion for a mistral as well. OH and the judge's ruling regarding Jesse's testimony. The grief counselor who never met Casey should be interesting as well.

Interesting isn't it that Mason never asked Roy Kronk where he hid the body for 4 months? I think this defense team is treading a fine line with the ridiculous accusations.

The grief counselor will be an insult to this jury (and the public) especially those who have lost a loved one. I very much doubt any one of them behaved like Casey Anthony when mourning a lost loved one. It's sickening.

IMO, JG will not take the stand to say Casey told him Lee molested her. It's hearsay. Let the accused baby killer take the stand and lie to the world herself.

The Farm
06-29-2011, 06:27 AM
Good Morning!

I am going to try my hardest to stay tuned at work today.

waltzingmatilda
06-29-2011, 06:35 AM
Good Morning everyone!!!

One day closer to justice for Caylee!

wm

Mohabi
06-29-2011, 06:35 AM
Good morning all! On my way to work again, w/o any means to watch/listen/or read about today's testimony. Here's hoping that on Friday (day off) I'll be able to watch ICA on the stand!

magnolia
06-29-2011, 06:41 AM
Morning Peeps :)

Are we ready for another crazy day? Did I hear right that Ann Finnell will be arguing the defense motion this morning by phone at 830am?

Good Morning :coffeeup:

No, I'm not ready. The mental torture inflicted on Roy Kronk yesterday left me in a heck of a mood. :pullhair: I may just take a break and follow along here today.

LiveLaughLuv
06-29-2011, 06:42 AM
Good morning WS Family :seeya:

One day closer to Justice for Caylee..

We are at the 31 day mark...IF I heard His Honor correctly, he asked Baez how many more witnesses do you have, Baez states 6..and I thought I heard ICA will testify. His Honor said, well before that I want to speak with Miss Anthony to make sure she understands her rights and that it's her choice and her choice alone...paraphrased...JMHO

Justice for Caylee

suzihawk
06-29-2011, 06:58 AM
Mornin' :seeya:

I have to work all day today with limited ability to check in. And I also have a dinner commitment this evening. As much as I hate it, it may be a good thing to have to have a forced break since this trial has really gotten to me the last few days. I just want all the nonsense and shenanigans to stop and get on with it. The Defense attorneys and their tactics are a complete disgrace to the legal profession.

Peace and love to all and especially to our Caylee Marie.

Trvl4Lyfe
06-29-2011, 07:04 AM
If the defense just wanted to show that the A's are a dysfunctional bunch of liars, mission accomplished.

But what about the defense theory of Caylee drowning. Common sense tells me that if my child were to drown, I would not just go and bury her and put duct tape on her face. Hoping common sense prevails.

:twocents:

Ricki
06-29-2011, 07:04 AM
Mornin' :seeya:

I have to work all day today with limited ability to check in. And I also have a dinner commitment this evening. As much as I hate it, it may be a good thing to have to have a forced break since this trial has really gotten to me the last few days. I just want all the nonsense and shenanigans to stop and get on with it. The Defense attorneys and their tactics are a complete disgrace to the legal profession.

Peace and love to all and especially to our Caylee Marie.

This trial does take away a lot of personal time. I am so backed up on things and when Saturday comes and I should be doing errands I am here while the trial is on TV. So when it is over I have major catch up to do.
The thing I will miss is telling everyone good morning. It has become a ritual lately and I will miss it.

NoeticSoul
06-29-2011, 07:05 AM
Good morning friends :seeya:

REALLY hoping the DT rests today...

I'm NOT looking forward to watching more innocent people get dragged through he mud ~ when it has nothing to do AT ALL with ICA murdering her child.

rose222
06-29-2011, 07:06 AM
Good Morning Justice Seekers! I feel good today knowing how well Roy Kronk did on the stand. The defense promised so much during opening statements and has delivered next to nothing. We don't even know the details of the theory--how did Caylee manage to be unsupervised, what TIME did she drown, what did they do afterwards etc. It is most bizarre.

I can hardly wait for the rebuttal and closing statement. I hope and pray that all goes well and that the jurors can do what is right in this case.

Today I prepared an apple/ginger juice to power me through this morning. I am getting tired of the coffee jitters combined with the defense-makes-no-sense jitters. Not good!

Anyway Justice for our precious precious Caylee!!

darnudes
06-29-2011, 07:10 AM
Good morning WS Family :seeya:

One day closer to Justice for Caylee..

We are at the 31 day mark...IF I heard His Honor correctly, he asked Baez how many more witnesses do you have, Baez states 6..and I thought I heard ICA will testify. His Honor said, well before that I want to speak with Miss Anthony to make sure she understands her rights and that it's her choice and her choice alone...paraphrased...JMHO

Justice for Caylee

I just thought of something was it Mason or Baez who had a problem with Amy returning to her ship? Isn't it interesting how they have not recalled her as a witness after creating such a fuss and demanding she stay in Orlando, if the have not called her now and don't seem likely to. It makes me so mad that everyone has to dance to Casey Anthony's tune, I'll be so glad when she is packed off to Lowell and everyone can go about their lives and she is left to rot into obscurity.

~n/t~
06-29-2011, 07:12 AM
If the defense just wanted to show that the A's are a dysfunctional bunch of liars, mission accomplished.

But what about the defense theory of Caylee drowning. Common sense tells me that if my child were to drown, I would not just go and bury her and put duct tape on her face. Hoping common sense prevails.

If I have to listen to Lee Anthony testify again that he felt left out , I'm going to scream.

darnudes
06-29-2011, 07:14 AM
Oh and bringing in the guards yesterday to talk about what a model prisoner she is....puhlease!

ICA has figured out how to "work" the system, she reminds me of one of those crazy prisoners who pour over law books and look for any loophole they can. I can imagine having a plethora of attorneys give her a sense of entitlement and inflated her already massive ego, oh to be a fly on the wall as their visits dwindle and she is left alone with her thoughts.

Ricki
06-29-2011, 07:15 AM
Good Morning Justice Seekers! I feel good today knowing how well Roy Kronk did on the stand. The defense promised so much during opening statements and has delivered next to nothing. We don't even know the details of the theory--how did Caylee manage to be unsupervised, what TIME did she drown, what did they do afterwards etc. It is most bizarre.

I can hardly wait for the rebuttal and closing statement. I hope and pray that all goes well and that the jurors can do what is right in this case.

Today I prepared an apple/ginger juice to power me through this morning. I am getting tired of the coffee jitters combined with the defense-makes-no-sense jitters. Not good!

Respectfully bolded by me.

Yes, you would think those points would be crucial. Guess they did not figure that part out or they think everyone is stupid. I am sure the jury would LOVE to know how all of their story came about. So, far to me it is a unbelievable story lacking substance.

Tipstaff
06-29-2011, 07:22 AM
If I have to listen to Lee Anthony testify again that he felt left out , I'm going to scream.

Posted on the did Lee A tell the truth thread - aren't the jurors instructed before deliberating that if they believe a person lied under oath all their testimony can be discounted?

So all the pop tarting of the A's can be discounted (by Lee's own admission) and CA's behavior on the stand.

JB knows they are untruthful and continues to put them on the stand knowing full well they are being untruthful under oath - how can he maintain his law license doing this?

How foolish do JB and the A's think the jurors, the Court and the people following this trial are? :banghead:

Mamabear1963
06-29-2011, 07:22 AM
Morning!! Trying to get caught up...I have missed a lot of the last two days.

I think to day is going to be a doozy...and the we will see more vitamix theory

barbtries
06-29-2011, 07:25 AM
ii've had this thought about kronk's testimony. i did not hear it; i'm watching the trial from the beginning at the wftv archives and am up to June 18. but this is my thought. if kronk did move Caylee's skull, that really bolsters the state's theory of how she died and is more evidence of the duct tape having already been there before she died. i recall earlier testimony in which an expert (sorry can't recall the name) stated that the jaw always disarticulates, and in this case it did not.

last night i listened to the testimony of huntington? the young entymologist from nebraska? pig in a blanket dude. i wonder why during cross the state did not bring up the 6 months worth of WEATHER that would have also impacted the scene of the skeleton. or did they and i was sleeping?

i'm really going to try to work while i'm at work today. sigh.

shelbar53
06-29-2011, 07:26 AM
Good Morning. I was thinking about Kronks testimony and something was off.

Kronk said he didn't talk to his son until Dec 11th.

At the end of Masons questioning regarding the clutch and repair bill he said to Kronk. Specifically on dec 10th do you recall saying anything to your son or anybody else about needing money. Kronk said, I might of mentioned to him but I don't remember specifically sir.

Hmmm is kronk now saying he talked to his son on Dec 10th and Dec 11th?
It doesnt matter if he talks to him eveyday but didnt Kronk say he only talked to him Dec 11?

And I thought I heard Kronk say he talked to his son another time after he sad he only talked to him on Dec 11th.

Sounds like the Defense might have phone records from the son and they are going to use them aganist kronk. Mason wanted Kronks cell phone number on record. Yep I think mason is going to impeach or implicated Kronk with phone records.

and so what if Kronk wanted money, in this ecomony who doesn't. Kronk should just say, yeah I thought I would be getting a big reward so I was doing the "happy im in the money dance" and calling my son, I thought how lucky can I get, my truck breaks down and I find the body, still thinking i'm lucky, I immediately buy several power ball tickets.

rbrnmw2
06-29-2011, 07:28 AM
Good Morning Everyone

suzihawk
06-29-2011, 07:30 AM

Not to be picky, but ICA couldn't be bothered to bury little Caylee. She was tossed like common trash. But I get your point about common sense.

The Defense hasn't gone about trying to prove anything in their OS. In fact, they've gone to a great deal of time and trouble to disprove or ignore things that would support their theory. IMO

CN2Souls
06-29-2011, 07:37 AM
Good Morning everyone...

:praying: there will be justice for Caylee today

I would ask the SA to ask this “Grief Nurse” this:

Warning Graphic:
If in her experience, has she seen or even heard of:
A mother who has had their baby drowned, take and throw her into two garbage bags than a dirty laundry bag, toss the baby into the trunk of their car drive around town partying it up with boyfriend. As she leaves the baby in the trunk in the middle of summer in 90-degree heat.
Than only deciding to get rid of the body when the odor was competing with her partying.
Then take the sweet, innocent little baby’s body and throw it into the trash swamp to be eaten by insects and animals…
Have you ever seen a grieving mother of a child act in this matter???
:cry:

Pattymarie
06-29-2011, 07:46 AM
Good morning everyone!

I sure hope they move beyond Kronk today. I am disgusted to think that the DT would bring on his own son to testify against him. They have taken the incentive of rewards and turned it around on Kronk.

I hope ole Roy eventually gets his just due reward (and then some) for finding little Caylee's remains and I hope this helps a father and son become reunited.

mombomb
06-29-2011, 07:47 AM

At the end of Masons questioning regarding the clutch and repair bill he said to Kronk. Specifically on dec 10th do you recall saying anything to your son or anybody else about needing money. Kronk said, I might of mentioned to him but I don't remember specifically sir.

It doesnt matter if he talks to him eveyday but didnt Kronk say he only talked to him Dec 11?

And I thought I heard Kronk say he talked to his son another time after he sad he only talked to him on Dec 11th.

Sounds like the Defense might have phone records from the son and they are going to use them aganist kronk. Mason wanted Kronks cell phone number on record. Yep I think mason is going to impeach or implicated Kronk with phone records.

and so what if Kronk wanted money, in this ecomony who doesn't. Kronk should just say, yeah I thought I would be getting a big reward so I was doing the "happy im in the money dance" and calling my son, I thought how lucky can I get, my truck breaks down and I find the body, still thinking i'm lucky, I immediately buy several power ball tickets.

I also think they have phone records, and I think RK knows that too, because, at one point, I think he said he talked to him 12 or 15 times. I just listened to the son's depo and he said that they had been trying to rekindle a relationship as RK was his bio dad and they had not had contact for 10 years or so.

OOPS - How rude of me! GOOD MORNING ALL:)

krt
06-29-2011, 07:52 AM
Good morning all of my dedicated co-dependent WS groupies! Is it just me or AF calling in to make her argument about a mistrial kind of "tacky".....don't you think if you REALLY believed in something that you would physically be there in person? To me, making your argument via "teleconference" doesn't even rise to the level of "going through the motions".......or am I missing something? (be nice how you answer that lol)

Sigh.....here's to a day of the truth and nothing but the whole truth coming out during today's trial.......I know I know......dream on....

God Bless You Caylee~~~

Pita
06-29-2011, 07:52 AM
If Casey should take the stand the one line of questioning I will be waiting to hear is where was the grief for your dead child that drowned in the pool. what could she possibly say to that, I don't remember the drowning? That is what they claimed.

That should have the jurors roaring with laughter.

lauraoh
06-29-2011, 07:53 AM
Article in the local paper today (Tallahassee) saying that Sally Karioth is due in court this morning. Her husband is a reporter for the newspaper.

She is the grief therapist/nursing professor/certified traumatologist.

hpvdr
06-29-2011, 07:54 AM

We have hear over and over again from the defense attorney's that THEY do not have to prove a thing. Well I believe that they CAN'T prove anything where their opening statement is concerned. But yesterday George didn't look as good (appeared he was covering up an affair-far cry from helping a murderer IMO), Kronk can go either way with each jury member, but the Cindy/Lee thing yesterday????? Bizarre. But if their goal is to have Cindy impeached, what happens to "And it smells like there's been a dead body in the damn car." Does that go poof if her testimony is impeached? Does that not become as damaging any longer after yesterday's little side show?

shelbar53
06-29-2011, 07:55 AM
I just read the levi Page thread. Seems like RC was on his show last night and she was rip roaring mad and calling George a liar, that they did have an affair.

Pita
06-29-2011, 07:56 AM
Casey Anthony: Krystal Holloway ‘angry’ about George’s testimony; WKMG offers special tonight

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2011/06/casey-anthony-krystal-holloway-angry-about-georges-testimony-wkmg-offers-special-tonight.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+entertainment%2Ftv%2Ftvguy+%2 8TV+Guy%29

Pita
06-29-2011, 07:59 AM
We have hear over and over again from the defense attorney's that THEY do not have to prove a thing. Well I believe that they CAN'T prove anything where their opening statement is concerned. But yesterday George didn't look as good (appeared he was covering up an affair-far cry from helping a murderer IMO), Kronk can go either way with each jury member, but the Cindy/Lee thing yesterday????? Bizarre. But if their goal is to have Cindy impeached, what happens to "And it smells like there's been a dead body in the damn car." Does that go poof if her testimony is impeached? Does that not become as damaging any longer after yesterday's little side show?

I don't think it will hp, in the calls you can hear Cindys panic and pain..I don't think she could have faked that, and also the jail house visits were real emotion.

SongBird
06-29-2011, 08:01 AM
If Casey should take the stand the one line of questioning I will be waiting to hear is where was the grief for your dead child that drowned in the pool. what could she possibly say to that, I don't remember the drowning? That is what they claimed.

That should have the jurors roaring with laughter.

I would imagine if she were to take the stand..we would see a ton of tears...shaking...the works...the jury wouldn't see her true colors until she got off the stand upset that she didnt get a standing ovation...jmho

LambChop
06-29-2011, 08:01 AM
I also think they have phone records, and I think RK knows that too, because, at one point, I think he said he talked to him 12 or 15 times. I just listened to the son's depo and he said that they had been trying to rekindle a relationship as RK was his bio dad and they had not had contact for 10 years or so.

I also believe what RK said was the conversation about him being rich never took place and that RK did call his son on December 11th to tell him he was going to be on TV and his son could see him for the first time since his son was 8 years old. That, in itself, is sad. RK's attorney obviously just told him to answer the questions as briefly as possible and that is why it was so confusing. He was forcing CM to do all the work. jmo

~n/t~
06-29-2011, 08:02 AM
I just read the levi Page thread. Seems like RC was on his show last night and she was rip roaring mad and calling George a liar, that they did have an affair.

Why did she deny the affair in the police sworn statement? I believe her as much as I believe the Anthonys. :liar:

magiemay
06-29-2011, 08:02 AM
Good morning all, Hoping today will end the DT fiasco. One day closer to justice for sweet Caylee.

NoeticSoul
06-29-2011, 08:03 AM
Article in the local paper today (Tallahassee) saying that Sally Karioth is due in court this morning. Her husband is a reporter for the newspaper.

She is the grief therapist/nursing professor/certified traumatologist.

Interesting. I'm also a Cert. Traumatologist who studied under Dr. Charles Figley & his wife Kathleen at FSU before he moved the program to Tulane.

Funny.. I certainly don't remember being taught that traumatized mothers (even if their baby accidentally drowns) "normally" throw their babies away like trash, then party for 31 days.

Hmmmm, her testimony should be interesting.

QueenD
06-29-2011, 08:06 AM
Morning Everyone. Had a virus on the computer. Thankfully it is now removed so I can continue to log on and get updated. Sure seems like today will be interesting. Hope RC doesn't start any fireworks early. She was on fire last night on Levi's show. Peace

When did you get your virus? I got one last week. I only had WS and the wbdo live link up. I am think hackers got in the wbdo feed. May be wrong. Suppose to have this great virus protection on computer here at work and once again proved our computer geeks it ain't that great. Seen on news that hackers were hitting several interests in Orlando had already had an attack. They didn't say on what. It has something to do with not feeding the homeless? What virus protection is everyone using?

I am not sure if I believe a word RC would have to say. If she wasn't in it for the "fame" she would have never got on TV, weather or not there was an affair.

my2sense
06-29-2011, 08:08 AM
Good morning...waiting for the sideshow to begin and end so we can get back to the real trial issues.

Mamabear1963
06-29-2011, 08:09 AM
I would imagine if she were to take the stand..we would see a ton of tears...shaking...the works...the jury wouldn't see her true colors until she got off the stand upset that she didnt get a standing ovation...jmho

This will be interesting...HHJP warned the DT that he needs to ask the defendant if she is willing to not take the stand of her own free will...will ICA be able to, with her own mouth, say she is willing not testify.

I will be surprised if she does...IIRC correctly...Diane Downs couldn't be kept off the stand...and IMO if ICA takes the stand...she will be accepting the needle.

(that is if JA and LBD and FG don't hurt each other trying to get to the cross)

Nali87
06-29-2011, 08:09 AM
Something George said in the jailtapes videos made it clear to me that he and Cindy had been having a marital problems for a while. (Something in the trend of, being closer, finally being able to be honest with each other.) So I wouldn't be surprised if he had an affair. I really don't care whether or not George Anthony had an affair. Sadly enough, he's not the first and he won't be the last. I don't see what any of that had to do with Casey murdering Caylee and throwing her away like trash. Being raised in a broken home, you might have some issues sure, but it doesn't mean you're going to grow up to be a murderer. Show me the psych evaluation.

summerthyme
06-29-2011, 08:10 AM
I am doubting the grief person will be allowed in.

ExpectingUnicorns
06-29-2011, 08:10 AM

Good morning, mombomb and all. I didn't know about the rekindling business. I can you imagine, in this context, RK calling his son to tell him about something good he has done, something his son can be proud of him for ~ and look what the defense team has made of it.

Just another example of the collateral damage of the Anthony family. All the way from hurting each other (killing, in fact) to volunteer searchers having to hire attorneys to damaging a relationship between father and son. Makes me irked and righteously indignant.

No wonder they have a court deputy shadowing Casey everywhere now and even sitting behind her in court. At first I wondered if she had made some off-hand threat to someone during her latest meltdown but now I think it may just be to protect her. :dunno:

In any event, I'm here with you all, seat belt firmly fastened and coffee in hand. We are all ready to see some justice come out of all of this chaos, primarily for Caylee but also for those many others who have been damaged by the Anthony family and defense team.

I will be :cheer: for Caylee, HHJP and the state all day (even though it's hard to wave those pom-poms while sitting on your hands. :D )

Mountain_Kat
06-29-2011, 08:12 AM
Good morning. Can't hang long today since I still have stuff to do before MIL's plane comes in tonight. I'll have to get off the computer and crank the tv around 11:00 or so. Watch today be the day ICA takes the stand. Just my luck.

Mountain_Kat
06-29-2011, 08:13 AM

Does grief make you kill your children?

my2sense
06-29-2011, 08:14 AM
Regarding computer viruses: since the trial started, and I have several windows open during, I've been running a full computer scan every night. I've found and disposed of trojans several times. I use AVG.

NoeticSoul
06-29-2011, 08:16 AM
Does grief make you kill your children?

In my experience, it does just the opposite. Love & cherish them more.

~n/t~
06-29-2011, 08:17 AM
This will be interesting...HHJP warned the DT that he needs to ask the defendant if she is willing to not take the stand of her own free will...will ICA be able to, with her own mouth, say she is willing not testify.

I will be surprised if she does...IIRC correctly...Diane Downs couldn't be kept off the stand...and IMO if ICA takes the stand...she will be accepting the needle.

(that is if JA and LBD and FG don't hurt each other trying to get to the cross)

:floorlaugh: @ your last line. Who do you think will win in getting to do the cross? I say Jeff Ashton. :rocker:

NiteNurse
06-29-2011, 08:17 AM
I am suffering major withdrawals. I worked last night and have 2 more nights to go. I haven't been able to see trial footage since Monday. Now that the forensics portion seems to be over, it looks like things have gotten less technical. I hate that I am missing it. :(

I am praying everyday for a guilty verdict. I'm torn on the death penalty, but I definitely believe she deserves to spend the rest of her life in jail. I believe she deserves the death penalty, but there are other child murderers who have committed much more brutal crimes who didn't get it. So in that sense, I am torn.

At any rate, ICA is just evil and heartless.

Morning to all! (I'm waiting for my sleepy meds to kick in, the joys of night shift.)

Wholehearted
06-29-2011, 08:18 AM
Morning, everyone.

I'm betting it's going to be a frustrating morning for the jurors, as they get sent out of the room while the grief expert gets heard by the judge, but a fascinating morning for us!

Pita
06-29-2011, 08:19 AM

I don't think so either, she never even spoke to Casey.

Mamabear1963
06-29-2011, 08:19 AM
:floorlaugh: @ your last line. Who do you think will win in getting to do the cross? I say Jeff Ashton. :rocker:

I don't know...I would love to see the two women face off.:innocent:

ljs713
06-29-2011, 08:20 AM
Good Morning Everyone

I am listening to River Cruz(sp) on the Levi page show and she is beyond mad. I think it is a big mistake for the defense team to put her on the stand. She is a walking time bomb. I can't wait to see CA face when she is testifying. I guarantee her and GA will not be sitting close today.

Rapunzel
06-29-2011, 08:21 AM
Regarding computer viruses: since the trial started, and I have several windows open during, I've been running a full computer scan every night. I've found and disposed of trojans several times. I use AVG.

Really??? I haven't had any issue's. My computer scans everyday at noon.

logicalgirl
06-29-2011, 08:22 AM
I woke up this morning with two thoughts...the first is will I never get enough sleep again? Being a West Coastie, start time for us is 5:30am and I can't balance my life enough to sleep early so I get about 5 hours sleep a night or less and have done so for about two months now - talk about sad and obsessed.
The second thought was that ridiculous tirade by Baez yesterday to HHJP and the court about the SA was Baez practising his post guilty verdict media tour and what his schtick is going to be. I think he knows he's lost the case so badly he has simply thrown caution to the wind - he's lost it - there's nothing else to lose.

Florida Native
06-29-2011, 08:23 AM
As far as the DT trying to bring in the idea of 'ugly-coping' or whatever they are calling her partying during the 31 days, this is my thought. If I were a juror, and there was no mental health expert called to discuss this, I would dismiss it completely. I would also place no weight in the grief counselor's testimony based on the fact she didn't even meet ICA.

Camille
06-29-2011, 08:24 AM

Linda. I would bet money on it.

Talina

Good morning gang!

I think there is actually 6 AFTER the grief dr. During the discussion about whether or not this dr. could testify HHJP asked the DT "after the dr. testimony how many more witnesses do you have?" and they said about half dozen.

IMO

jharres

Yes, in truth, they do not need to prove anything, but in practicality, they need to do something to lend credence to their theories, which they haven't. Maybe technically it is true that the State has the burden of proof, but in reality, a technicality like that will not give the DT the upper hand in the minds of the jurors.

I don't think the State's goal is to have Cindy impeached, I think the DT team is trying to show how dysfunctional this family really is. It's about all they have working for them. With their wild accusations made in the OS, if they can plant a little seed of validity by showing how messed up the Anthony's really are, they will have made a step in the right direction. Unfortunately (for them), I think they went WAY overboard with their accusations and theories and have pushed their stance to the point of ridiculous. This essentially has shifted the burden of proof to them and their lack of followup (regardless of whether they have to prove anything or not) has just gone on to paint the picture that they don't even believe their baseless theories.

I think that Baez and ICA came up with this over the top, outlandish theory that they figured would throw things off base enough to obfuscate the State's case (seems to be a recurring theme with ICA and her lies) . Unfortunately, it had the opposite affect and has only made the deliberate and methodical case the State presented seem more credible by comparison. Sure, the DT may score a few points here and there by showing that some people are lacking in credibility, but it's a pretty big step from lacking credibility to performing the deeds that the DT says they did. For example, RK may not have been truthful about how many times he talked to his son, but it is a pretty big jump to come to the conclusion that because he misstated how many times he talked to his son, he must have stolen the body and kept it until he did so he could get the reward money. Same thing with GA/CA.

As to your question about the "car smells like there has been a damn dead body in it" statement...I think the fact that it was a reaction and excited utterance by CA will make it retain validity in the minds of the jurors, even if she was shown to be lying about other things after the fact. I really don't think yesterday hurts the State's case at all, or at least not in any huge manner.

oh_gal
Good morning, fellow justice junkies!

I am hoping for an uninterrupted (ha!) day of trial viewing today. Although, I have a phone interview at 9:30 am, so wish me luck! (A possible opportunity to work from home!) Gotta save up those Disney Dollars for the next vacation!

I listened to both NG and Dr. D last night -- interesting to me that NG believed GA (re the affair) and Dr. D didn't. At least, I think it was Dr. D. If it wasn't it was whoever JVM had on the last half of her show....

I believed GA. Then again, I am a pushover. As others have stated, though, I don't really see what this has to do with the big picture. Look at all the politicians we elect who have been less than honest regarding extramarital dalliances...some would argue that it doesn't detract from their ability to do their job. Not that I'm condoning having an affair. My husband has already been warned about how he will be maimed should I discover such an indiscretion. :D

QueenD
06-29-2011, 08:25 AM

Thanks that is what I use at home. I told my boss I was going to put that on mine at work.

MelissaLee
Good morning, WS Fam!

Though it's been excruciating, listening to the DT, I am hopeful their bumbling and fumbling will continue and sweet Caylee will have justice soon.

I can see why the DT has to throw people under the bus, but they're really accomplishing nothing other than to make themselves seem as low as KC (IMO).

GA may have no moral character, but I find it very hard to believe that a former LEO/homicide detective would in ANY way imagine that the death of his granddaughter would not be investigated to the nth degree - and therefore NOT call 911 for an "accidental drowning" and then go so far as to try to hide the "accident" and then dispose of the body. He would know that an accidental drowning wouldn't end up with any kind of charge against KC other than perhaps negligence. But here in FL, with drowning deaths being woefully common, that's unlikely. The only time I've seen charges brought against a parent has been when drugs/alcohol are involved.

As for RK, CM deliberately (IMO) did NOT show or offer to show RK his previous testimony/statements to help refresh his memory or give him something to refer to, and thus the confusion about dates - and testimony - resulted. For the life of me, I couldn't pinpoint a specific date or time from three years ago, no matter how badly it would help a situation! Much less recall exactly what words were said. I think his inability to recall an exact date and exact words in NO WAY impeached RK. And all I can say to the DT is "Bad form, guys. Shame on you. And really - total fail."

moo

Softail
:seeya:

:coffeews:

Camera is live!

Florida Native
Good Morning Everyone

I am listening to River Cruz(sp) on the Levi page show and she is beyond mad. I think it is a big mistake for the defense team to put her on the stand. She is a walking time bomb. I can't wait to see CA face when she is testifying. I guarantee her and GA will not be sitting close today.

Interesting!

And if I can go o/t for a moment. Love your av. I have two mini-doxies myself. One red and one black and tan. :seeya:

Eidetic
Good morning everyone.
http://i52.tinypic.com/smptua.jpg

Here's to hoping the defense rests today! :martini:

shelbar53

BBM

I look at it this way.

Before cindy knew Caylee was dead at the hands of her daughter
1. my space page
2. Calls to 911

After she knew Caylee was dead at the hands of her daughter
1. lies about duct tape
2. lies about computer searches
3. lies about not sending people to search where the body was
4. all the other lies

Break it down to BEFORE and AFTER what was known.

cloud9
06-29-2011, 08:26 AM
I'm leaving in an hour to go swimming with my daughter. I am still steaming and drained from CM yesterday. :maddening: I'll catch the highlights later or tomorrow.

Mountain_Kat
What was the deal with the last proffer yesterday? The one where Baez paraded out jail people. Sounded like nothing more than a "my client is a good egg" proffer. Is any of that going to be let in?

Rapunzel
Good morning gang!

I think there is actually 6 AFTER the grief dr. During the discussion about whether or not this dr. could testify HHJP asked the DT "after the dr. testimony how many more witnesses do you have?" and they said about half dozen.

IMO

But we all know they lie...:floorlaugh:

Nenato5
Good Morning Everyone--hoping the circus ends today (unless ICA takes the stand) and we get on to the rebuttal case and some sanity.

Quiche
:coffeecup:

No alarm needed over here anymore, I'm going to be mad about that after the trial is over!

Florida Native
06-29-2011, 08:27 AM
GA may have no moral character, but I find it very hard to believe that a former LEO/homicide detective would in ANY way imagine that the death of his granddaughter would not be investigated to the nth degree - and therefore NOT call 911 for an "accidental drowning" and then go so far as to try to hide the "accident" and then dispose of the body. He would know that an accidental drowning wouldn't end up with any kind of charge against KC other than perhaps negligence. But here in FL, with drowning deaths being woefully common, that's unlikely. The only time I've seen charges brought against a parent has been when drugs/alcohol are involved.

Exactly. I know I keep harping on it, but it just makes no sense to cover up an accident to look like murder. :crazy:

Rapunzel
06-29-2011, 08:28 AM
What was the deal with the last proffer yesterday? The one where Baex paraded out jail people. Sounded like nothing more than a "my client is a good egg" proffer. Is any of that going to be let in?

No, JP said he would not let them in...don't know about JG yet.

Pattymarie
06-29-2011, 08:28 AM
What was the deal with the last proffer yesterday? The one where Baex paraded out jail people. Sounded like nothing more than a "my client is a good egg" proffer. Is any of that going to be let in?

And...does this open the door to let in ICA's response to finding Caylee's remains?

Florida Native
06-29-2011, 08:29 AM

It was to show that her demeanor never changes. He was hoping to advance the 'ugly-coping' explanation.

~n/t~
06-29-2011, 08:29 AM
What was the deal with the last proffer yesterday? The one where Baez paraded out jail people. Sounded like nothing more than a "my client is a good egg" proffer. Is any of that going to be let in?

No. Judge Perry already ruled it was irrelevant and State objection stands.

summerthyme
06-29-2011, 08:30 AM

Not allowed.

Talina

BBM

I recall Kronk saying that he talked to his son 12 to 15 times (or something like that) between Aug and Dec but that the only time he said to him the part about watching him on TV was on the 11th. He did not say that the 11th was the only time he talked to his son. At least that is the way I remember the testimony.

IMO

Rapunzel
If ICA doesn't take the stand, I can't wait to hear HHJP ask her to be sure it was her decision and hers alone...LOL

shelbar53

the judge said no, not relevant.

NoeticSoul

bbm The Judge said no.

I think JB is trying to prove that ICA is happier in jail than with her Father at home? That's just my guess. Because who the heck cares if she's happy?!!

ROKA2011
31 days

OMG - I was just going to write this. I think the Orange County Jail should put a TV outside Casey's cell tonight and play the new Winnie The Pooh Movie.:great:

~Lisa~
Camera on the door

http://www.wesh.com/casey-anthony-extended-coverage/interactive.html

Mountain_Kat
It was to show that her demeanor never changes. He was hoping to advance the 'ugly-coping' explanation.

Well, if that was the point, then no wonder it was lost on me.

NiteNurse
06-29-2011, 08:31 AM

I've never understood that logic...LOL Ok, so what you're telling me JB is that since your murderous client has been in jail with practically no opportunities to party or otherwise misbehave, she has been a good girl???
Ri-iiiiiiiiight..... At that point I would say, define good for me. :floorlaugh:

Mountain_Kat
DT isn't there?!

Leah0107
Good Morning all.
I keep thinking about how blatantly ICA lied over and over to LE when questioned. To their faces without an ounce of fear. I'd be shaking in my shoes if I had 2 or more cops confronting me with my lies. She was so cool and calm and just kept maintaining her ridiculous stories. Who does that without any emotion. She really does think that she's smarter than everyone else. For this reason, I believe she will testify and seal her fate.

nursebeeme
06-29-2011, 10:07 AM
bumping up for the recess

JustMeDeb
06-29-2011, 10:10 AM
CFNews13Casey Casey Anthony News13
George and Cindy hug for an extended period of time in back of courtroom #CaseyAnthony -jfell

liltexans
So sad. Cindy and George basically collapsed in each others arms on way out. George had to sit as Cindy comforted him. #caseyanthony
by jimlichtenstein via twitter at 9:09 AM

#GeorgeAnthony asked Ashton if they could talk. He said no. Then gave Cindy big hug.
by bobkealing via twitter at 9:09 AM

George ad Cindy have left courtroom #CaseyAnthony -jfell
by cfnews13casey via twitter at 9:08 AM

liltexans
GeorgeAnthony crying out in the hall. #cindyanthony consoling him.

by stevehelling via twitter at 9:10 AM

KenoshaKid
Originally Posted by MAL954 View Post
paraphrasing George:

"I've lost the light of my life, my granddaughter, my wife is a duplicitous partner, I can no longer delude myself re the character of my daughter, so this is where I'm drawing the line when it comes to inept attempts at character assassination since this is all I have left (sir)"

Some people didn't catch that MAL954 was paraphrasing and took this as a direct quote. Heads up! :)

Dragonlady
06-29-2011, 10:11 AM
WoW, what a morning.

GolferChick
MarkEiglarsh Mark Eiglarsh
Thanks Jose Baez. I will be showing this cross examination to my law students. The lecture will consist of three words, "Don't do that!!!"
4 minutes ago

Velouria
Who's this guy on WFTV who says the jury will like ICA because of her soft-spoken voice??

KenoshaKid

Doubt it, due to relevance. (or rather, lack of it!)

ami
JimLichtenstein Jim Lichtenstein
So sad. Cindy and George basically collapsed in each others arms on way out. George had to sit as Cindy comforted him. #caseyanthony
1 minute ago Favorite Retweet Reply

bobkealing bob kealing
#GeorgeAnthony asked Ashton if they could talk. He said no. Then gave Cindy big hug.
1 minute ago

George ad Cindy have left courtroom #CaseyAnthony -jfell
2 minutes ago

George is sitting on arm chair and Ci du is rubbing his back. #CaseyAnthony -jfell
2 minutes ago

Shelby1
06-29-2011, 10:12 AM
bobkealing (http://twitter.com/#%21/bobkealing) bob kealing

#GeorgeAnthony (http://twitter.com/#%21/search?q=%23GeorgeAnthony) asked Ashton if they could talk. He said no. Then gave Cindy big hug.

jane the dood
http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg740/scaled.php?tn=0&server=740&filename=gwqm.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640
Wish the jury could see what we see!

JusticeSeeker1960
I have a feeling JB 'strategy' is going to backfire on him after treating George, the grieving grandfather, the way he has this morning.

Quiche
What a mess-- Jose, if you have a law career left, you should study up before taking another case. Any case. mo

I can just imagine the horror the jurors are feeling. :mad:

BigFatMommyDog
I will guarantee you, the teachers and the counselor on that jury know what's what

Eidetic
06-29-2011, 10:13 AM
WoW, what a morning.

I'm drained. Cannot begin to imagine how George is feeling, I hope the light of Caylee keeps him from that dark place. :innocent:

goldleaf
I have no sympathy for GA or any of the A's. Their lies created this mess and now they must all live with the fallout.

So he's telling the truth today, that is what he should have been doing all along! He's still a terrible person in my book.

ShortPotato79
This attack on GA by JB is disturbing....

Velouria
What a mess-- Jose, if you have a law career left, you should study up before taking another case. Any case. mo

I can just imagine the horror the jurors are feeling. :mad:

Quiche, he doesn't appear to have studied BEFORE getting his degree, so why start NOW? :D

Dragonlady
06-29-2011, 10:14 AM
Bobkeeling stated via twitter that GA asked JA if they could talk and JA said No, I wonder what that was about?

liltexans
KBelichWFTV Kathi Belich, WFTV
Jury not reactin just paying close attention
4 minutes ago

KBelichWFTV Kathi Belich, WFTV
Baez brought up suicide attempt and that George expressed guilt.. Slammed him for taking 20-thous dollars from CBS to appear on tv
5 minutes ago

Florida Native
Can anyone speculate why JA would tell GA no when GA asked to speak to him?

Harmony2
posting ahead of time and will bump when court comes into session >>>>>>>> Morning Trial Thread >>>>>>>>

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6792861&posted=1#post6792861

Eidetic
http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg740/scaled.php?tn=0&server=740&filename=gwqm.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

As usual, Baez is just in the way grinning! :floorlaugh:

Tulessa
Oh wow! Apparently I have missed a doozey?

MissDiva
I have no sympathy for GA or any of the A's. Their lies created this mess and now they must all live with the fallout.

So he's telling the truth today, that is what he should have been doing all along! He's still a terrible person in my book.

I can't even imagine being in any of their positions. Your daughter, the person you raised, killed your granddaughter. You love them both.

My grandma very nearly killed herself when my aunt, her daughter (who was pregnant), was murdered. And no one in my family was involved. This has almost got to be twice as hard.

Mountain_Kat

Geez...

watchinginky
06-29-2011, 10:15 AM
I said yesterday on the afternoon thread that KC should be ashamed of herself for sitting there knowing she did this and trying to put the blame on Roy Kronk.

Today....Baez SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF HIMSELF for the torture he is putting George through. Baez and KC deserve each other. KC is a pure and evil soul. I didn't think I could like Baez any less, but I have again today seen him sink to a new low, which I didn't think was possible.

All JMO

KariKae
bobkealing (http://twitter.com/#%21/bobkealing) bob kealing

#GeorgeAnthony (http://twitter.com/#%21/search?q=%23GeorgeAnthony) asked Ashton if they could talk. He said no. Then gave Cindy big hug.

Was that Ashton being mean? Or is it against the rules?

Velouria

GA is no saint, I agree. But somehow he's the only one I have ever had much sympathy for. I see him as more weak than evil. Unlike his dear daughter.

Quiche

GA, in my book, did the right thing at the Grand Jury. He's earned my sympathy. mo

Eileen730
Every person at that court house should give GA a standing ovation when he leaves today!

Mountain_Kat

When was this?

symbolic
Doubt it, due to relevance. (or rather, lack of it!)

The judge already ruled the jail staff's testimony = no relevance.

Linda7NJ
I have a feeling JB 'strategy' is going to backfire on him after treating George, the grieving grandfather, the way he has this morning.

I think it's Casey's stragy...Jose is stuck with it. she really thought she had daddy wrapped around her finger.

HA HA Casey....George loved CAYLEE more than you!

NoeticSoul
06-29-2011, 10:16 AM
Obviously GA doesn't want his daughter.. home ever again...

This poor, poor man. I pray for his mental stability.

Nefriahaia
Today is the 31st day of the trial...

NiteNurse
Who's this guy on WFTV who says the jury will like ICA because of her soft-spoken voice??

Jeez. So I guess that puts a damper on any homicidal plans I may formulate because I have the voice of Brett Butler. :innocent:

waltzingmatilda
Hello Sleuths!!!

Just joining in because bf is off work and has been hogging the computer this am (lol) but we've been watching on tv.

He hasn't followed this case at all. His take on GA is that he isn't believeable....TMI in his testimony. Makes me wonder what the jury is thinking. Just thought I would share bf's non expert opinion:D

I think ICA will take the stand. What do you all think?

wm

jane the dood

I'm no fan of George or any of the Anthony clan for that matter, but I think he is making a sincere effort today to redeem himself, for Caylee's sake. So I give him props for that.

camcneishg
I would assume that if JA speaks with GA, it would be considered witness tampering, since GA is the DT witness, right?

denmock
My heart breaks. I realize they brought some of this on themselves, but holy cow. JB, seems to want to be KC's executioner this morning, because he is mking his client look even guiltier by the minute

4realtho
Justice for Caylee has arrived...GA has finally had enough of the BS...:great:

x_files

I do not believe GA, I do not trust he is capable of NOT lying. There's a deep pathology of pathological lying in this family. I think GA is a smooth liar, but transparent to me.
I think he snowed everyone. He reminds of the father on Twin Peaks. Very creepy energy.

RR0004

...but he didn't kill Caylee.

WillenFan21
06-29-2011, 10:17 AM
@MarkEiglarsh It's nothing personal against Baez. I don't know him. His cross of George right now is one of the worst I've seen!!!!

sweetmop
Good lord! So sad for George this morning, that his evil spawn has put him through such hell!
Thankful that "JoJo" did the right thing though for his beloved little Caylee!
I pray George will find some peace when this is over.
And Baez will find another career!

Eidetic
Anyone still doubting Casey will take the stand and attempt to finish this slaughter?

21merc7

Against the rules, GA is still on the stand. JA does not want to be blamed with witness tampering, which is exactly what JB would try to do.

Trident
I will guarantee you, the teachers and the counselor on that jury know what's what

I hope they do. I'm only sorry the jury doesn't have all the facts to work with. I wonder if any of then will be angry when this is over because they've been kept in the dark about some very important, in my opinion, information.

RR0004
Maybe not be the appropriate time?

barbtries
06-29-2011, 10:18 AM
for at least the past two days threads have locked up as i was typing a message. is there some kind of way to avoid that?
here's part of it. i was hoping that someone could direct me to the history behind the anthony's no longer visiting Casey in jail. i've seen blips that indicated it's been years, and it was at kc's direction, but am otherwise in the dark. TIA

jenniek

it's probably against the rules...

rose222
I am so heart-broken about Caylee not being with us but I am so glad that our Caylee is no longer with Casey. I cannot imagine the sort of torture she would have inflicted on that sweetest angel.

Also, I want jurors # 16 and 17 to be part of the original 12!!!

liltexans
In the hallway, GeorgeAnthony just looked at #cindyanthony (and their lawyer) and said "I just can't." then started to cry again. Awful.

by stevehelling via twitter at 9:16 AM

Sleuths4Me
Morning. I listened a bit on my way in to work but my phone kept going in and out. so I missed CA on the stand..any news there?

I heard GA and cheered a few times when he said "1+1=2 sir, KC was the last person I saw with my granddaughter" I also was glad when he was asked about his tv interviews that he said "i didn't want to believe BACK THEN that my daughter could take her daughter's life" This guy KNEW and KNOWS that KC murdered Caylee and he seems to be the only one standing up for her during this trial (besides the SA)

Nabbbss
So sad -- AND infuriating! -- , for my first Post here.

(10-minute Recess underway...)

...sigh...

These past 30 minutes have shown us one of the cruelest things one human
being has ever done to another human being.

Cruel, horrible, repellent, and so totally tragic. Jose Baez (okay, JB) and
Casey Anthony deserve each other.

There is no shame. There is no conscience.

Jose Baez should be Disbarred.

BigFatMommyDog
Justice for Caylee has arrived...GA has finally had enough of the BS...:great:

while it's not the appropriate sentiment - all I can think of is

i sing of Olaf....

concentric
Is GA breaking KC's evil spell?

Dragonlady
I'm drained. Cannot begin to imagine how George is feeling, I hope the light of Caylee keeps him from that dark place. :innocent:

This case is killing me, I'm emotionally drained and my housework is suffering, I haven't been for a jog in 2 weeks to avoid missing the trial and I just want this to be over, but I feel like I need to watch so that Caylee will receive the justice she deserves, that sounds weird but that's how I feel.

back2back19

I don't think JA is allowed to.

Mountain_Kat
06-29-2011, 10:19 AM
Jeez. So I guess that puts a damper on any homicidal plans I may formulate because I have the voice of Brett Butler. :innocent:

Lord, I sound like Brenda Vicarro. I'd be doomed before I ever got to trial. :floorlaugh:

LEFT-COASTER
well so far today.. JB is doing a good job....rof.. for the SA that is..

Even the tru tv talking heads.. are loving GA lol

hannahsnana

I hope and pray the jury can see this the way we do. I'm afraid they won't realize that the abuse charges are something cooked up between JB and ICA. I'm afraid they will think the judge wouldn't allow such outrageous claims without some proof.

beeshie

Purely a guess, but I think it may be legally/ethically inappropriate.

Silkprint
AACCCKKKK!
I lost my cable and internet for the past 10 minutes!!! Cripes !
Playing catch up
p.s. cable shut me off as a mistake when I had already paid the bill
when I called I was ahuh ahuh ahuh turn it on please

reeseeva
George is a Loose Cannon his emotions are raw and honest and I want Jose to keep letting him release theses Truths........Thanks Jose, you just put the needle in you client's arm.....

barbtries
Anyone still doubting Casey will take the stand and attempt to finish this slaughter?

unless her lawyers can persuade her that to do so would be suicide...

chefmom
Bobkeeling stated via twitter that GA asked JA if they could talk and JA said No, I wonder what that was about?

Ooooh! Yes! I'd love to know! Wish I didn't have to go to work!

CarrieBean
Hello Sleuths!!!

Just joining in because bf is off work and has been hogging the computer this am (lol) but we've been watching on tv.

He hasn't followed this case at all. His take on GA is that he isn't believeable....TMI in his testimony. Makes me wonder what the jury is thinking. Just thought I would share bf's non expert opinion:D

I think ICA will take the stand. What do you all think?

wm

This is the most believable GA has been to me so far.

I hope, hope, hope Casey takes the stand! I have doubts she would be able to contain herself if the SA gets to her.

Wishbone
I do not believe GA, I do not trust he is capable of NOT lying. There's a deep pathology of pathological lying in this family. I think GA is a smooth liar, but transparent to me.
I think he snowed everyone. He reminds of the father on Twin Peaks. Very creepy energy.

Do you believe he molested ICA, got rid of Caylee's body and all the rest? Oh, and by the way I believe GA is best conman in the family but don't think he did what ICA accused him of doing.......

2door73chevy
06-29-2011, 10:20 AM

Soft Spoken? LOL, I keep hearing her voice in the jail tapes and I would'nt call her "soft".

But the devil is supposed to be a smooth talker too...

Velouria

LOL

Actually, it was Bill Sheafer. I just wondered what happened 'cause that statement sounded like it was coming from a different Bill Sheafer - not like him!

SallyLu
This is an extremely cocky path that JB is walking on. He may actually screw himself with this - and I hope he does for the cruelty he has shown to GA.

amysmom
Someone asked on the 'jury' thread what was it GA said very softly to himself..It was "I hope I can answer that"..It was in response to Baez asking him when he learned the "sex abuse" allegations came out..We know he was gonna place the BLAME on him (I don't think he'd say ICA) weeks before the trial..DAMN! He never got to answer!

Florida Native
Against the rules, GA is still on the stand. JA does not want to be blamed with witness tampering, which is exactly what JB would try to do.

Thank you. I thought that might be the case. I knew JA wasn't being a meanie. :great:

Soulmagent
Just got up ,and saw bits of George an it looks like form the clip I saw he is nailing shut Caseys coffin.

rose222
06-29-2011, 10:21 AM
I wish this family could have been 100% honest from the beginning. They would garnered the support of thousands of people and would have been well on their way to healing from the mess their daughter created.

marlap

...sigh...

Fantastic first post Nabbbss! I agree completely!

:wagon:

Tipstaff
Can't imagine NG tonight BOMBSHELL BOMBSHELL BOMBSHELL.

liltexans
Very sad. I know these people. “@ksebold: @JimLichtenstein is it as painful to hear george in person as it is to watch on tv?”

by jimlichtenstein via twitter at 9:20 AM

What'sThatClue
I remember a couple weeks ago when many of us were this sympathetic to CA, what with her sobbing on the stand. That being said, I think JB's line of questioning is atrocious. GA may be many things but I don't believe he had anything to do with little Caylee's death.

SeaNymph
Maybe not be the appropriate time?
He's in the middle, still technically 'on the stand' under direct by DT....NO WAY JA would/should speak to him. JA is smart and knows JB would go ballistic and it could turn out very very bad....for lack of stronger wording that escapes me right now.

Shelby1
BethKaras (http://twitter.com/#%21/BethKaras) Beth Karas

Yuri Melich and Roy Kronk are in the hall corner outside the courtroom where witnesses wait to be called.

21merc7

...sigh...

:wagon:

It is cruel, and no, this is not the way trials usually happen. While not always kind, this sort of treatment is beyond the norm, just as you said, cruel. This is just someone playing for the camera at the expense of a grieving person.

LiveLaughLuv

It would be seen as improper...I'm guessing JA doesn't want anything negative to be made out of that conversation...

A few jurors (5, 6, 8) just stared down #CaseyAnthony. She turned away, and os now looking anywhere but at them.
by stevehelling via twitter at 10:0
ICA never looks at those jurors. She can't due to her being guilty as sin...her inappropriate behavior will hurt her in the end.

God Bless GA and give him strength to continue with his truthful testimony. I'm guessing after he's been implicated in hiding Caylee's remains, he will offer up the truth as he knows it..Who knows their daughter better than an ex cop who knows she will take it to the extreme...like down the Univeral hallway...she will push this as far as she can. Little does she know, it will rebound on her. The jury just might vote for the DP after seeing how she's lying about the sexual abuse....all to get off with no conviction as it pertains to Caylee's demise...I wish the jury was deliberating already for ICA's time is up...JMHO

I can't wait for the rebuttal case...Oh, and I also read, KH is there today to testify...supposedly around 11am...now this will be a cross examination not to miss.....a few folks have used the Anthony family, exploited them for their own benefit...KH is no different...JMHO

Intermezzo

...sigh...

:welcome:

grammieto5
What if this is the ONE time KC is telling the truth?

JusticeSeeker1960
I think it's Casey's stragy...Jose is stuck with it. she really thought she had daddy wrapped around her finger.

HA HA Casey....George loved CAYLEE more than you!

Casey is cold hearted...yesterday, when JB was trying to get CA impeached over what she said about sending DC/JH to the woods....Casey was the one who flipped through the papers, found her mother's testimony & handed it to JB....found the papers to impeach her own Mother....that in itself should tell everyone what a selfish person she is & will do anything. I hope the jury saw that!

Socprof
06-29-2011, 10:22 AM
GA is no saint, I agree. But somehow he's the only one I have ever had much sympathy for. I see him as more weak than evil. Unlike his dear daughter.

Agree. But he wasn't weak today. He was the strongest man he could be, FOR HIS GRANDAUGHTER. Gotta give him props for having integrity. Stay strong today, George!

Shyla
Heard a guy on TV say the other night if he lost his cell phone he wouldn't wait 31 days to have someone else report it missing. A cell phone verses your child, surely jury has common sense!

Eidetic
This case is killing me, I'm emotionally drained and my housework is suffering, I haven't been for a jog in 2 weeks to avoid missing the trial and I just want this to be over, but I feel like I need to watch so that Caylee will receive the justice she deserves, that sounds weird but that's how I feel.

:grouphug: We have to see the end. :twocents:

BaileyandBella
I am shocked that George confirmed the decomp smell.....

Serjen
So it was tweeted that GA asked to talk to JA and JA said no...I wonder why he said no?

strawberry
In the hallway, GeorgeAnthony just looked at #cindyanthony (and their lawyer) and said "I just can't." then started to cry again. Awful.

This is horrible. I hate JB and ICA and it takes a lot for me to say that. Besides Hitler and Osama that's about it. I have been listening but also working so had to make copies right before the break. Is JB done waterboarding yet? Has JA gotten a chance to cross yet?

Harmony2
court is back in session >>>>>>>> Morning Trial Thread >>>>>>>>

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6792861&posted=1#post6792861

closing sidebar for now...

Talina
LOL

Actually, it was Bill Sheafer. I just wondered what happened 'cause that statement sounded like it was coming from a different Bill Sheafer - not like him!

He then followed it with "but we also know she has a different side to her also, don't we?" or something like that.

IMO

grammieto5
06-29-2011, 10:23 AM

I wonder what that means?

JusticeSeeker1960
06-29-2011, 10:23 AM

Truth is NOT in Casey's vocabulary! If you'll notice, everytime the witness is telling the truth & she knows it, she shakes her head in a "no" sign.

nursebeeme
06-29-2011, 12:02 PM
doors are opened with a prayer for George Anthony....

lunch until 1330

TotallyObsessed
06-29-2011, 12:03 PM
I want to hurt that man.

pinkfly
06-29-2011, 12:04 PM
ICA happy as a lark after jury leaves

waltzingmatilda
How apropo the train horn sounded upon recessing for lunch!!!!

IDK know about the rest of you, but I am exhausted!

wm

pinkfly
cannot believe this whole morning....awful

watergirl
RichardHornsby Richard Hornsby

@TennisLaw This case is beyond being able to make informed legal predictions anymore; ANY jury verdict will surprise me at this point.
6 minutes ago

TotallyObsessed
How heartbreaking. That man is heartbroken.....BROKEN. And that ... daughter of his... sits over there glaring with those eyes of hers.....

Lord, hear my prayer. Please let justice be served for Caylee Anthony. Place your comforting arms around George as he goes through this horrible, horrible time.

shelbar53
06-29-2011, 12:05 PM
JB and the darn gascans, he is looking like a fool. A piece of duct tape will not prove anything except to make him look like an azz. he needs to move on, it's nonsense.

Will anyone want to see JB on any talking head show? I think his days are over. No one wants to hear his opinions on anything ever.

Hopeful One
Very powerful testimony today. I'm at work so I can't watch every second and come here to get caught up. I haven't experienced a single glitch on the forums today.

I wanted to say THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart to all of the hard-working moderators here at WS. Without you, this site wouldn't run so smoothly and many of us would be lost!!! To me, Websleuths is home, and we all know there's no place like home!

We wuv you!!! :great:

Soulmagent
Notice how GA did not say he was going to use the gun to force ICA to tell what happened to that little girl, but he was going after her friends. Does anyone else find this odd?

Ya know ,it is odd.

Combined with a the mental state was he really going to kill someone and plead insanity ,while blaming the death of Caylee on whoever he killed.

Sleuth5
I would like to talk about the gas cans some more. :wink:

rosepetal1065
I saw ICA wink at JB... why?

darcedarce
The inmate's up to her old tricks again. Speaking very animatedly to JB without covering her mouth after GA leaves the stand.

SailorMoon
All smiles isn't she?? Disgusting.

Beyond Belief
06-29-2011, 12:06 PM
i think theres an unsaid guilt with George and I think his intentions with the gun were to harm somebody and that led to the suicide, etc.

Mountain_Kat
I think I FINALLY see where the defense is going with all this.

GA was furious that ICA stole his gas cans, so in order to get in alittle payback, he murdered his grandaughter and tried to frame his daughter for the crime.

He didn't know RK would come along and play hide and seek with the evidence. Who COULD know that, really?

Case solved.

Sleuth5
How heartbreaking. That man is heartbroken.....BROKEN. And that ... daughter of his... sits over there glaring with those eyes of hers.....

Lord, hear my prayer. Please let justice be served for Caylee Anthony. Place your comforting arms around George as he goes through this horrible, horrible time.

She's... quite unusual, wouldn't you say? :furious:

MaryAnn

About the molestation?

SuziQ
ICA was smiling bouncing on her tip toes as she left the courtroom.

She absolutely enjoyed this morning.

Sick!

luv
06-29-2011, 12:07 PM
http://i51.tinypic.com/259vklz.jpg
http://i51.tinypic.com/24wx24z.jpg

JBounds
I suppose Baez is just at this point hoping all this crazy questioning will get a not guilty verdict.

ami
I cannot imagine any non-sociopathic jury member being unaffected by a man crying over the death of his granddaughter. While JB pokes and stabs at him, mocks him, makes fun of the pills he chose for his suicide attempt and then harps on - of all things- a gas can. Jb then smiles at the jury as if they're all on the same side. Were i them, I'd recoil in disgust.

Soulmagent
RichardHornsby Richard Hornsby

@TennisLaw This case is beyond being able to make informed legal predictions anymore; ANY jury verdict will surprise me at this point.
6 minutes ago

The is the most accurate legal analysis I have read on this case ever!:floorlaugh:

Etilema
What was the wink about? She's excited that she thinks Baez is succeeding in taking down her dad?

She cried like a baby because Lee felt bad about being left out of Caylee's birth, but she sat stone-faced while her father heartbrokenly sobbed about his granddaughter's death and the consequent destruction of his whole family.

Still thinking she intended to take out her parents, too, as she seems to hate them.

technicalconfusion
I would like to talk about the gas cans some more. :wink:

Shush, you. Or I'll start talking about chemists!

Sleuth5
Oh, I don't buy the molestation thing at all. I'm afraid I'd have to hear a supported argument at this point, and I haven't.

ButForFortune
She was back to smiley and happy immediately after the jury left. And GA was still in the courtroom. Hope he didn't see her smile. (But I do believe that somehow she thinks she won points today - NOT!)

reeseeva
Did anyone see the Inmate "wink" and smile at Jose?:sick::sick::maddening:

Gma Kat
how heartbreaking. That man is heartbroken.....broken. And that ... Daughter of his... Sits over there glaring with those eyes of hers.....

Lord, hear my prayer. Please let justice be served for caylee anthony. Place your comforting arms around george as he goes through this horrible, horrible time.

amen!

kantoo
Judge Eaton saying huge mistake by DT to bring in suicide, that the suicide note will exonerate GA

TotallyObsessed
06-29-2011, 12:08 PM
She's... quite unusual, wouldn't you say? :furious:

I can't say here what I think of her. But I express my opinion to my computer screen every minute of every day.:banghead:

pjmale

IMO, that smile means ICA is getting her way and will take the stand.

PassTheMotrin

I know! They showed her on IS sharing giggles and smiles with JB; she was batting her eyes at him, too.

fifteen89
Question for everyone: Did JB ever smell Casey's trunk?

Sleuth5

Sick!

Agreed. She is dangerous and belongs in jail.

:cow:

Jorjamay
06-29-2011, 12:09 PM
So it was tweeted that GA asked to talk to JA and JA said no...I wonder why he said no?

he can't talk to him until JB dismisses him from the stand as he is JB's witness it would be class as witness tampering but I am sure he will be talking to him very soon

Linda7NJ
It takes a real "special" kinda person to do what Jose is doing. I'll never understand how defense attorneys sleep at night.

I feel physically sick and have all morning:sick: and cried quite a bit

jon_burrows

I noticed that too. JB was standing in front of her so she thought he was blocking the camera. The other camera guy got a good shot of her. She was smiling with JB after GA left the stand.

GA was still wiping his nose/eyes with his attorney at the same time Casey was yucking it up with JB. Unbelievable.

IMO

Mountain_Kat
I might be willing to consider the DP now.

SuziQ
Shush, you. Or I'll start talking about chemists!

We could talk about Helicopters.

MomCat
Hes putting the needle in her arm! wish they still had old sparky!

Ah...but they do. The imnates buily a new chair for it a few years back, in fact, to replace the chair from (circa) 1923. Nice new oak. Uses the same old original electrical setup however.

Strange...I keep a kosher kitchen, but I could swear I hear bacon sizzling...

(brought over cause got me fingers slammed in the door when thread closed)

MaryAnn

Sick!

I so hope and pray that the Jury see's through her evil ways.

Sleuth5
Judge Eaton saying huge mistake by DT to bring in suicide, that the suicide note will exonerate GA

Just the latest in a series of brilliant legal maneuvers by Mr. Baez.

fifteen89

I wish the jury saw how quickly and drastically she changes when they pop and tart.

TUSK
at lunch recess her conversation with jb could only be descibed as restrained giddiness.
no wonder cm wanted a competency hearing.

maggiemae
06-29-2011, 12:10 PM
What's up with Casey's fakey-fake voice this morning? Wonder who she's emulating now? DS? Miss Frye?

Talina
I sure hope George has some support completely surrounding him during this lunch break. What a morning for that man to go through. Unlike anything I've ever seen.

MaryAnn
I might be willing to consider the DP now.

me too.

BigFatMommyDog
Oh, I don't buy the molestation thing at all. I'm afraid I'd have to hear a supported argument at this point, and I haven't.

lol wut?

concentric
I've seen some sketches on shows where the defense lawyer's own pocket square was taken and stuffed into his mouth.

Soulmagent
GA looks so fake when he breaks on the stand. No wet tears. his tissue holds up. It is flat out sick. IMO.

Sleuth5
I so hope and pray that the Jury see's through her evil ways.

If they can't, nothing the SAO can do will help. I feel confident that they will.

TotallyObsessed

And that, folks, shows the inexperience of JB. His hubris made him believe he could handle this case. There is no way on God's green earth that man any where near the type of experience needed to handle a defense in a case like this. FGS he can't even object on the appropriate grounds. That takes many, many years and many, many trials to learn what can come in, how it can come in or how to keep something out. It is laughable. If I didn't hate ICA so much, I would almost feel sorry for her. She could have picked up a bum on the street that had more experience thank JB. The only thing JB has going for him is that he is sneaky like a snake. That's it. :banghead::banghead: That's how he handles his defense.

iluvmua
06-29-2011, 12:11 PM
I hope this jury comes back with.....

Count 1: Guilty
Count 2: Guilty
Count 3: Guilty
Count 4: Guilty
Count 5: Guilty
Count 6: Guilty
Count 7: Guilty

" We the jury find Casey Marie Anthony Guilty of first degree murder, We the jury recommend the sentence of Death".