PDA

View Full Version : Post-Verdict: I am sick and heartbroken

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

Straitfan
07-05-2011, 04:52 PM
I hope ICA reads EVERY single post on here.........

AnotherGladysKravitz
I don't have any words that can accurately reflect what is running through my mind and my heart right now.

I'll just convey the text I received from my vacationing 14 yr old son... "WHAT THE HECK????!!!!! That's crap!!!"... This is the same child that asked me 3 years ago, "why would she kill such a cute & sweet little girl?"....

Evidently the teenage Facebook world in North Georgia is blowing up with the news. Every single kid is heartbroken, they are angry and they do not understand how this could happen.

What message does this travesty of justice send to our children???

Same. My daughter and her friend are both reading fb messages. Even Children know better. Shameful.

cricket
HLN is saying that George Anthony has issued a statement and they'll read it after the commercial.

peeples
07-05-2011, 04:53 PM
Thanks! Wow, it is very strange about the no voting, but being allowed on a jury. And I would think it would be the prosecution that has a problem with a felon being on the jury. Sorry....do not want to insult you at all. You seem like a reasonable person with an open mind.

Sorry you are correct, I misspoke, I meant to say prosecution but was thinking about CA's defense team and wrote defense instead It was always the ADA's that chose to cut me. I have grown up a lot and changed my life, you aren't insulting at all I promise :)

Justice for for our babygirl! May her mother be sentenced to a forced tubal ligation with no sedatives or pain meds!!!

imawitch
07-05-2011, 04:54 PM
Thanks for your response and honesty. I wonder if it has to do with what the charges were in the past for the jurors? What do you think of this?

I think someone that is a felon...or convicted of murder?....can't vote. Is this true. If a felon can't vote how could they serve on a jury? Or is it a murderer, not felon in general? TIA!

17 yrs ago, I caught a case. I was 28 at the time, no speeding tickets, no nothing. I got hooked on cocaine after my divorce, and was caught with less then 28 grams. I served 3 yrs flat in a texas prison. I am glad to say now that ive been drug free for 17 yrs now.
I can vote in the state of texas. I cannot have a firearm tho.

I was summoned last year to serve on a jury, and the summons had said no felony convictions can serve, I faxed them my info, but they didnt belive me, I had to get my lawyer to handle it.

now yall know something about me. Im not proud of it, I was depressed after a divorce, did something stupid and when caught, I stood before the judge and told him I was guilty, and since i had clean record at the time, the judge gave me 3 yrs, but I did those yrs and am clean now.

eta, i have seen many baby killers in prison and they get treated very badly..
Im sick that casey was found not guilty

buckeyefan1
07-05-2011, 04:55 PM
In all seriousness, how long do you think before she is spotted partying?

About as long as it took her DT. Disgusting.

KPinMN
Just heard CM tell Jean Casarez on HLN that ICA (she's not out yet!!!) will NOT be living with her family.

My guess, she'll be a live-in mistress for Baez now! Clearly they have been very affectionate to one another. :sick:

jojomonkey
I pray that society shuns her but sadly, I know there is a sick element out there that will greet her with open arms.

We need to prepare ourselves. She will make money off her daughter's death. She will have a new-found celebrity. She will have fun and live the life she's only dreamed of. She'll take the money she earns and get a bodyguard or two.

Eventually she'll get what's coming to her, but we'll have to sit back and watch her life go happily on for a while, a la OJ Simpson. It's going to be very difficult.

She will turn her back on her mother, who is so thrilled right now that she's probably planning their first shopping day and lunch together. Good luck Cindy, you got what you wanted.

Caylee knows there are thousands, if not millions of people out here who love her and cherish her memory. Maybe that is enough.

Mandy113
07-05-2011, 04:56 PM
We turned the tv on at work when the verdict was read. No one could believe it. I will not watch anymore news coverage. I don't want to see or hear any of the TH, the DT, or jury members speaking on this case. There's nothing they can say to make me believe justice was served today and I won't feed their ego's or pocketbooks by lsiening or watching.

I have to keep reading here though. It's like you guys are the only ones who understand. I feel horrible. I don't believe we have any system of justice any more. Thank you all for being here and giving me a place to cry.

I'm sorry Caylee. At least we know you're safe with the angels now. I'm so sorry it all turned out this way.

peeples
07-05-2011, 04:57 PM
17 yrs ago, I caught a case. I was 28 at the time, no speeding tickets, no nothing. I got hooked on cocaine after my divorce, and was caught with less then 28 grams. I served 3 yrs flat in a texas prison. I am glad to say now that ive been drug free for 17 yrs now.

I was summoned last year to serve on a jury, and the summons had said no felony convictions can serve, I faxed them my info, but they didnt belive me, I had to get my lawyer to handle it.

now yall know something about me. Im not proud of it, I was depressed after a divorce, did something stupid and when caught, I stood before the judge and told him I was guilty, and since i had clean record at the time, the judge gave me 3 yrs, but I did those yrs and am clean now.

(HUGS) I'm clean too and also pled guilty, I knew I was wrong. I threw myself at the mercy of the court. :)

Aedrys
07-05-2011, 04:58 PM
So I wonder what George has to say. Probably something lovey dovey and aggravating. UGH.

BCV
07-05-2011, 04:58 PM
Im sick to my stomach. It's ok to ditch your child I guess.

Solace
07-05-2011, 04:59 PM
George said "It was a Fair Decision".

cricket
I hope that Nancy Grace and HLN will not pay more more penny to any of the Anthonys to "license" photos and videos. I will boycott her show she and her network if they do.

Jstc4caylee
Juror 14 states they were in agreement with the verdict, they showed no cause or motive, and it was agreed upon very early on...I am gonna hurl.

susan1122
07-05-2011, 05:00 PM

I just want to say congratulations on being clean! 18 years sober for me. I can understand making mistakes. Especially when you are young and hurting. KC on the other hand, I really believe is a sociopath. And that she knows she can get away with murder is just unspeakable. So scary.

ovgc
I've been lurking here all throughout the case, but I just have to post how angry and depressed the jury's verdict made me feel. Tonight America weeps for Caylee.

TexanMom
Just heard CM tell Jean Casarez on HLN that ICA (she's not out yet!!!) will NOT be living with her family.

My guess, she'll be a live-in mistress for Baez now! Clearly they have been very affectionate to one another. :sick:

And she will be pregnant shortly after! Guaranteed!:banghead:

jenniek
07-05-2011, 05:01 PM
Juror 14 states they were in agreement with the verdict, they showed no cause or motive, and it was agreed upon very early on...I am gonna hurl.

how can they agree very early on without talking about the case....?

imawitch
07-05-2011, 05:01 PM
(HUGS) I'm clean too and also pled guilty, I knew I was wrong. I threw myself at the mercy of the court. :)

glad to hear you are clean.

I knew it my mistake, I did it to myself..had to own up to it, but I was lucky, my family supported me and my family were there for me.

Im still shocked over casey as i truly think she killed caylee..i hurt so bad for caylee...

susan1122
07-05-2011, 05:03 PM

You both are GREAT!:blowkiss:

Shalya
07-05-2011, 05:04 PM
I've just stopped crying. I can't -believe- the jury has come back with "not guilty" of any manner of murder. I don't understand, I can't comprehend, and I don't know if my heart could ever take following a case this long again, especially with a turnout like this. I've got a picture of Caylee up on my computer, because if no one in her family is crying for her today, then I will.

:confused: :bang: :pullhair: :anguish:

flourish
I am devestated, heart-broken, my faith in the system is destroyed, and I a still in shock. I'm sitting in a room full of sleeping 3-5 year old children and I can't help but think how little their lives are valued. I'm going to hug them all extra when they wake up. This is a travesty...I was driving when I heard the verdict and just about drove off the side of a highway overpass. This is not right. This is wrong. This evidence and verdict do not coincide. I am disgustied to be an American and a human being right now, as those two categories put in the the same categories as the DT and ICA. Yep, I'm still gonna call her that. On my way home, in my car alone, I'll be calling her a lot more than that.
I'm beside myself with disgust...I can't even concentrate on work, I'm just....appalled, shocked, devistated, disappointed, disgusted, and faithless.

gmt
I hope ICA reads EVERY single post on here.........
She will don't worry " it's all about me". The baby killer!

Jstc4caylee

Very early on in deliberations.

kinsey milhoune
07-05-2011, 05:08 PM
They had tons more evidence than the Scott Peterson case & this is their answer???????? Just does not make sense.

Did they discount Cindy's lies about the chloroform searches?

Do they believe she drowned & GA decided rather than her be charged with child neglect, lets see, we'll go for 1st degree murder instead.

MAKES NO SENSE TO ME or ANYONE I'VE TALKED TO!!!

Silkprint
I was at the doctors office ..I crowded along with all the nurses to watch the verdict.
We all gasped . There were tears
People on the lobby were also asking HOW?
How could she be found not guilty .
Poor Caylee ..I hope she knows how much the world loves her .
I cant handle talking heads saying they didnt prove the case right now . It took me 2 hours since I got home to come here . I dread picking up my son Adam . I know he is going to be devastated ...he couldnt even watch Caylee sing ;you are my sunshine ' without leaving the room .
The verdict was read after my son Ryan got to work . He ran up to his dad very upset . As soon as I walked in the door my oldest Tommy ran to me ..I could tell by his eyes what was going on with him .
My 3 boys are in their 20's and they didn't fall for any of the defense for a second but also made up their own minds .
I am so sorry to everyone here that love Caylee as their own . It does make my heart feel better that you all love her so much .
I just cannot stop crying .

wallflower67
I work nights and I just woke up. I feel like I'm going to die. Seriously. Seriously. OMG

grammieto5
07-05-2011, 05:09 PM
I just keep having this weird thought. How many other children's deaths will go unpunished because the killer will study Casey 101?

That's what my daughters were saying earlier. If you what to get rid of your baby go to Florida and do as KC did. I've also been thinking, I wonder what was done to baby Caylee, what horrible things did she have to endure before the tape was put on?

jenniek
07-05-2011, 05:09 PM

how would juror 14 know, he's an alternate... sorry just a lil bit fishy if you ask me.

kaki
07-05-2011, 05:11 PM

How could that be? They weren't supposed to discuss the case!

Mysti88c
This is good news indeed for Misty and Ronald Cummings

SailorMoon
I'm disgusted and hurt. how could they? With they have a news crew waiting on the van's arrival in Pinellas County?? I'd be waiting there with some nice signs and pics of Caylee. I think Judge Perry was suprised. Poor Linda, Jeff and Frank. I felt so bad for them leaving the courtroom while the hug fest with the DT was going on. Bah humbug. Bah humbug. Bah humbug. Rest in peace Caylee.

mnegri1973
07-05-2011, 05:12 PM
I like Wendy Murphy. She is a former prosecutor and is now an advocate for women and children. She mentioned this theory on one of the weekend shows. I have always felt there is more then we know going on.

As for my opinion on the verdict.....I told my hubby last week that the State had holes and that they could not directly connect Casey to the evidence. If I can see this even knowing all that I know about this case, then I can see HOW the jury came to their decisions.

I just hope that someday justice will be found for Caylee.

Mel ~

Sorry for not including the link.....I am still trying to figure out posting/quoting from my phone.

http://www.metrowestdailynews.com/archive/x539090034/Wendy-J-Murphy-Casey-Anthony-trial-an-exercise-in-absurdity

Azcrabcakes
:grouphug: I just adore all of you and it has been an absolute pleasure watching this trial with all of you. If you are hurting, you are not alone. I feel surrounded by all of you right now and it truly makes me feel comforted. We will always have each other. Who does Casey have? No one.

I feel the same way, even though I have been here only since jury selection. I have learned so much from you all, and had many laughs too. But I feel nauseated at the verdict. I feel numb and angry and ashamed of the jury. Too many emotions now. I can't keep reading or watching TV. Thinking ICA will make tons of money from books and TV shows makes me ill. IF she does make money, she should be required to reimburse the State of Florida.

kaki
They had tons more evidence than the Scott Peterson case & this is their answer???????? Just does not make sense.

Do they believe she drowned & GA decided rather than her be charged with child neglect, lets see, we'll go for 1st degree murder instead.

Seems like their minds were made up long ago.. what a huge waste :banghead:

Wisteria
07-05-2011, 05:13 PM
The last time I felt so sad and shocked was when Tim miller called off the search in nov 2008. The sadness was so strong I could cut it with a knife.
The only hope I have here is that in her own time, Caylee made herself known, and was found. I still feel that somehow, Caylee will have justice. But for now, I cry. For her. For those who loved her in life and those of us who grieve and love her in death.
Stunned.

PassTheMotrin
07-05-2011, 05:14 PM
Amazing. If I lay a finger on my teenager to discipline him, CPS would swoop in here and take me off to jail. I can't even get away with paying my mortgage late, but Casey Anthony can get away with murder.

Firefly
My only peace in this whole thing is...

To Caylee, eventhough your time on this earth was short(ened), YOU loved your family the best you could in the time you were allowed to walk among them. Your heart and soul was pure and undeserving of the injustice served today. You were BEST thing that came out of all of this mess. Your smiles, cuteness, singing, and playfulness will be blazoned on OUR hearts and you will never be forgotten. I am glad you were allowed to leave this all for us, not to torture us, but to allow us know that there is good in this world that dwells in the innocence of children. You are the light now that I carry in my heart.

joyceandjay
Today is a very sad day for me. I have followed this case since day. I have not been on this forum in a long time with the hopes of the day she was convicted to come here and be happy. Instead I sit in my office crying as I type this. It angers me that this jury could not at least convict her in a child neglect case. To think that some of these people wanted to be on the jury also further upsets me and leads me to wonder why they wanted on so bad!

missm
07-05-2011, 05:15 PM
Let me guess-

Are they going to do the media rounds now, so they can try to find Caylee's "real" killer?
Somebody please- give me a sick bag. ASAP.

susan1122
I work nights and I just woke up. I feel like I'm going to die. Seriously. Seriously. OMG

I know, Wallflower. The site was down when the verdict was read. I guess too many people wanting to get on. But I think many of us are just sick.

mfcmom
The only thing we can hope for is that the IRS picks her up. JMO

Just K
I hope Cindy is prosecuted for perjury and obstruction of justice.

Is there any hope that ICA can be prosecuted for a federal crime?

And I also hope Mr. Morgan gets every dime ICA ever gets her hands on to satisfy ZFG's claim.

The State Attorney said it all when he said that because of the delay in finding Caylee's remains most likely resulted in this miscarriage of justice.

Don't forget there was talk that the IRS has served her because she did not pay taxes on the $$$ she got from one of the news agencies and Jose took as payment... perhaps he paid his taxes on receiving his pay but she got the money first and then bought his services.

CharlestonGal
how would juror 14 know, he's an alternate... sorry just a lil bit fishy if you ask me.

Juror 14 probably found out last night when the actual jury came back to the hotel. The judge always tells the jury not to discuss the case outside the courtroom, but they always do.

And apparently, Juror 14 was just unwise enough to admit it.

Hopeful One
07-05-2011, 05:16 PM
This is a sad day in the world. Is this really America? Why are bad people constantly rewarded?? I don't understand this. My heart aches and I feel very hopeless. Fly with the angels, Caylee. Your mama may not have loved you but man oh man, we sure do.

ShortPotato79
07-05-2011, 05:16 PM
Though you are stiffer than a girder
They'll let you get away with murder
Razzle dazzle 'em
And you've got a romance

kitkit
07-05-2011, 05:17 PM
I am going over tomorrow morning and put some flowers out at the site where little Caylee was found. I'm going to say my goodbyes and try and move on. This has put alot of weight on my soul for the past 3 years. I'm ashamed to say I'm from Orlando (Orange County) or even the state of Florida. I just don't get how these people from Pinellas County could all agree to this and then not to face the fire and explain why.

I heard that the defense had a plan in place for when she get's out (which I think it will be Thursday). They are getting her out of Orlando.....Which brings me to think she will stay with Dorothy Simms in Ocala.

I hope everyone can try and find a little peace some how!

cluciano63
07-05-2011, 05:18 PM
How could that be? They weren't supposed to discuss the case!

Even if they did...she can't be re-tried...

Hopeful One
07-05-2011, 05:18 PM
Juror 14 probably found out last night when the actual jury came back to the hotel. The judge always tells the jury not to discuss the case outside the courtroom, but they always do.
And apparently, Juror 14 was just unwise enough to admit it.

BBM - That's not true. I served on a jury for a murder case and we obeyed the judge's orders. I think the majority of jurors take the job very seriously. I sure did.

gmt
07-05-2011, 05:19 PM
How do we move on? How can you believe in Justice? How do you teach kids about consequences I love my kids more than ever today, they get why I hate liars and why I would not protect them over the life of another if they murdered for anything other than self defense. Caylee you do not belong to the A's anymore we have all adopted.

CharlestonGal
07-05-2011, 05:19 PM
Let me guess-

Are they going to do the media rounds now, so they can try to find Caylee's "real" killer?
Somebody please- give me a sick bag. ASAP.

Yes, they'll be looking for the "real" killer while they reap in millions from media outlets just like OJ went looking for the "real" killer on the golf course.

This is how not overly bright people operate. They are short-sighted and self-interested. In the end, all of them will receive their due. And it will be permanent and irrevocable. A Higher Power will see to that.

Caylee is fine now. She will be forever fine. The others here? Not so much. The train is coming.

caroline
07-05-2011, 05:20 PM
I am heartsick over this verdict, but Caylee is in a good place right now. She is at peace. I hope we do not have to see Baez gloating all over the news. I swear...I will NEVER, EVER watch any show he is on.

Jstc4caylee
07-05-2011, 05:22 PM
Juror 14 also says, she was a reasonably good mother...no reason for her to harm her child....

Sandfordfan
I feel like I'm in a bad dream. Tears, anger, disbelief like the rest of you. I want to scream and run. OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM IS A JOKE if a travesty like this can occur.
And the defense if drinking champagne at a bar across the street. Disgusting.

I tried to leave a message for Linda or Jeff at the Prosecution's office. VM full.
They looked shell shocked and rightfully so.
Is there a hotliine or something that we can call to comfort each other?
Seriously. I'm on vacation without my family and I feel so alone....

3doglady

14 was an alternate and was not in deliberations was he?

Just K
Where is this? That is jury nullification, if that is true.

grammieto5
HLN is saying that George Anthony has issued a statement and they'll read it after the commercial.

I won't listen, I couldn't care less about anything any of the A's have to say. I care only for baby Caylee.

dilbert
I wonder what these jurors will think if Casey has another child some day and it dies "accidentally" too...

dilbert
07-05-2011, 05:23 PM
Juror 14 also says, she was a reasonably good mother...no reason for her to harm her child....

Where are you getting this info?

Mandy113
07-05-2011, 05:24 PM
I won't listen, I couldn't care less about anything any of the A's have to say. I care only for baby Caylee.

I completely agree with you. I'm not even planning on turning my tv on or reading any more news coverage of this case.

CN2Souls
I have asked this everywhere....

Can someone please give me a guess estimate on what ICA will get on the Charges she was found guilty of?...

newsjunkie
I've been lurking here all throughout the case, but I just have to post how angry and depressed the jury's verdict made me feel. Tonight America weeps for Caylee.

It's good to have you here with us during this very sad time.

:welcome4:

jenniek
07-05-2011, 05:25 PM

sounds like juror 14 is in denial... who does juror 14 think killed her.. I wonder if they even came to the conclusion that caylee anthony is dead.

JanWhitebear
Casey Anthony's family enabled her all her life and that's why she was the lying, baby murdering creature she is today. Now, our justice system has enabled her further. PATHETIC!!!!

Mandy113
Also, I just want to add the LE team and the State Attorneys who were involved in this case have my respect and thanks. I'm sure they are heartbroken today too.

Jstc4caylee
07-05-2011, 05:26 PM
Alternate juror #14, Russell Huekler, agrees with the jury’s verdict.

“We don’t know how she (Caylee) died,” the alternate juror told Fox News. “It just comes down to probably an accident that the family didn’t know how to cope with…the prosecution failed to show motive.”

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/07/05/meet-jurors-casey-anthony-trial/#ixzz1RGiRcYqR

newsjunkie
07-05-2011, 05:27 PM

Can someone please give me a guess estimate on what ICA will get on the Charges she was found guilty of?...

I have not one clue. . .but I have heard a few different things. Just parole 'cause they misdemeanor charges, time served, and one year.

I just hope if she spends even one week based on these charges she will be in gen. pop.

CharlestonGal
How do we move on? How can you believe in Justice? How do you teach kids about consequences I love my kids more than ever today, they get why I hate liars and why I would not protect them over the life of another if they murdered for anything other than self defense. Caylee you do not belong to the A's anymore we have all adopted.

Even though I can't stand her, Nancy Grace said something a little while ago that I very much agree with. She said that while the defense was in the bar celebrating with their champagne, somewhere behind them the "devil was dancing".

Sometimes the devil wins - temporarily. He won this battle but the Anthonys and their celebrating defense team will lose this war in the end. They won't answer to man in this case, but they will answer to a permanent authority. In the meantime, the remainder of their lives here on earth they will be forever tainted and mocked and reviled and rejected. The blood money they earn will bring nothing but strife between them and others. The devil has won nothing at the end of the day.

Chris_Texas
Random thoughts in no particular order:

* Like most here I am horrified by this verdict. No only will there be no justice for Kaylee, but the opposite -- her killed is about to CASH IN. Casey is now a celebrity, she is now the person to be seen with, she is the coolest cat in any room. People will want their pictures taken with her, they will want her autograph.

* While it is absolutely NOT a popular sentiment here, I have said for some time now that JB was a good attorney and doing a fine job...

* JA and the prosecution team, on the other hand, did a fantastic job and then failed spectacularly at the end with their closing. The left out a very criticial point of their rebutal...

* They never CLEARLY explaned to the jury what beyond a reasonable doubt meant. Mr Mason did a FANTASTIC job creating the illusion that anything less than absolute 100% air-tight PROOF was a "reasonable doubt." The prosecution pretty much allowed that nonsense to stand unchallenged, which likely goes a long way towards explaining why....

* This jury had already reached a verdict before they retired. They went back there with the opinion that the prosecution had not "proven" their case. They also, likely (and this is also gonna annoy some here), felt that...

* Mr Ashton acted like a complete tool during the defense closing. The guy was arrogant, cocky, and a bit of a jerk during the best of times, and that likely was a bit off-puting, but that stunt during the defense closing was outrageous. And I say this as a HUGE FAN.

* Please please PLEASE stop with the "Kaylee is in a better place" and "God will punish Casey" stuff. Please. It's offensive as hell to some of us.

* The folks who are using this verdict as an excuse to condemn the entire jury system make no more sense than those who would say that all mothers are as fatally flawed as Casey. It's not perfect, but our system is the best in human history, and generally when it makes a mistake it is in favor of the accused. It's designed that way for a reason -- it is better for a hundred guilty to go free than for one innocent to be wrongly condemned.

* It is totally inappropriate to villify the defense team for the actions of Casey or defending her. They did their job, and very well. They won a case that NO ONE thought could be won.

* This verdict is NOT an excuse to abandon the search for justice for everyone else or to quit these forums. If anything it is a call for more activity.

Thanks for reading.

grammieto5
07-05-2011, 05:28 PM
We turned the tv on at work when the verdict was read. No one could believe it. I will not watch anymore news coverage. I don't want to see or hear any of the TH, the DT, or jury members speaking on this case. There's nothing they can say to make me believe justice was served today and I won't feed their ego's or pocketbooks by lsiening or watching.

I have to keep reading here though. It's like you guys are the only ones who understand. I feel horrible. I don't believe we have any system of justice any more. Thank you all for being here and giving me a place to cry.

I'm sorry Caylee. At least we know you're safe with the angels now. I'm so sorry it all turned out this way.

I know how you feel. After the verdict was read I turned off all my TV's, the computer, and took my puppy Molly and went to bed. But I needed to be back here, to be with everyone I have spent the last three years with for baby Caylee. I am so sorry too baby Caylee. I wanted so much for the truth to come out.

twall
07-05-2011, 05:29 PM

“We don’t know how she (Caylee) died,” the alternate juror told Fox News. “It just comes down to probably an accident that the family didn’t know how to cope with…the prosecution failed to show motive.”

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/07/05/meet-jurors-casey-anthony-trial/#ixzz1RGiRcYqR

The prosecution does not have to show motive. Does he/she realize that?

JennaB

I also thought back to the SP case. I agree there was a lot more evidence in this case than the SP case and I'm shocked 12 people couldn't see some of glaring details and evidence. I can't believe they glossed how over Manly Cindy's lies about the computer searches.

Jstc4caylee
The prosecution does not have to show motive. Does he/she realize that?

I know...sad ..and scary.

I can only hope this guy is just speaking for himself....

Silver~Bell
07-05-2011, 05:30 PM
I don't know what to say. There's really no way to make it better. Talking Heads on the news and all over acting like they all saw it coming add salt to the wound. The jurors not saying anything afterwards is unhelpful. Nothing left but confusion, sadness, and feeling stunned.

A way to make it better - won't get justice for Caylee, but may help someone else innocent and lost: Go thru the cold cases and see if you can help. If you live near where someone went missing, see if you can walk the area, even in years have passed (Be very careful and take someone else with you, please). Maybe some other lost innocent can be found, to honor Caylee.

It's just all too sad.

The Farm
07-05-2011, 05:30 PM
I just do not know what to say. I can't believe it and am beside myself with this verdict. Everyone is talking about it, I stopped at the pharmacy and the bank on my way home from work. People are stunned, saddened and mad.

Nefriahaia
07-05-2011, 05:31 PM

*speechless* What blankety blank planet are these "people" from??!!!

gmt
07-05-2011, 05:31 PM
Wonder what the Joking jurors thought KC lied to LE about? Really? Why not say not guilty here also. The SA proved the case, murders lie to cover the crime. I also might add reasonable doubt is a joke and so misunderstood. America get professional jurors now!

newsjunkie
07-05-2011, 05:33 PM
I just do not know what to say. I can't believe it and am beside myself with this verdict. Everyone is talking about it, I stopped at the pharmacy and the bank on my way home from work. People are stunned, saddened and mad.

I don't where she was reading, but my sister called me and was reading celebrity tweets off some website. Even celebrities are appalled, outraged, and disappointed.

suzihawk
07-05-2011, 05:34 PM
George said "It was a Fair Decision".

Fair to who, George - or should I say "JoJo"?

He also said, "While the family may never know what happened to Caylee Marie anthony...". Really, George? Really? YOU know!

"they now have closure for this chapter of their lives..." Just wait for the next chapter. There will be one, count on it.

"... they would prefer stuffed animals be donated in Caylee's name... where the toys will be appreciated". F'ing ingrates.

After seeing and hearing George for the past couple of weeks, I had a smidgeon of hope that he'd finally seen the light and truth. Nope, he's just like his sneaky lying wife.

I hope the whole family rots in hell.

gmt
07-05-2011, 05:35 PM
KC jurors just let you know you can go ahead and kill your mom.

JennaB
07-05-2011, 05:36 PM
Even though I can't stand her, Nancy Grace said something a little while ago that I very much agree with. She said that while the defense was in the bar celebrating with their champagne, somewhere behind them the "devil was dancing".

Sometimes the devil wins - temporarily. He won this battle but the Anthonys and their celebrating defense team will lose this war in the end. They won't answer to man in this case, but they will answer to a permanent authority. In the meantime, the remainder of their lives here on earth they will be forever tainted and mocked and reviled and rejected. The blood money they earn will bring nothing but strife between them and others. The devil has won nothing at the end of the day.

I hope this is temporary win in the war. I can see issues arising with the DT and the Anthonys later on. George and Lee's reputations will always suffer because of the accusation of sex abuse. I can people avoiding both men in neighborhoods, workplaces and other places. I can see one of both of them eventually turning on Casey and Cindy. Cindy's reputation is tainted. She lied in court and evidence proved it. Blood money will definitely bring a strife.

peeples
(¯`v´¯)
`*.¸.*´
¸.•´ ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´(¸.• (¸.•´¸¸.•¨¯`•.¸¸.♥ Keep this balloon going in memory of
♥ Caylee Marie Anthony ~ Justice for Caylee 7-5-2011

bobloblaw

How could it be agreed upon? They weren't allowed to talk about the case. Mistrial???

grammieto5
07-05-2011, 05:37 PM
Well we all wondered if it would be GA, CA, or LA that would be thrown under the bus. We never thought it would be baby Caylee :-(

Solshine
@ChrisCuomo: Alt juror says pros failed to show motive. Pros doesn’t have to show motive!! Shows common lack of savvy

suzihawk

I hope they find there's been some serious juror misconduct.

bobloblaw
07-05-2011, 05:38 PM

The alternates weren't involved in the deliberations...

QB.
07-05-2011, 05:38 PM
Terrible day all round. We had another acquittal here in Canada - father who killed his two young children found not guilty and a huge funeral for a young police officer killed horribly in the line of duty.

gmt
07-05-2011, 05:39 PM

After today:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:No I think HJP is going to do this so he has a couple days to think about. He has a strong hand so we can hope.

NSS
07-05-2011, 05:39 PM
To everyone who feels they have let Caylee down, I'd like to share a thought with you.

Justice does not build a stairway to heaven.
Love does that, and initially Caylee was unloved and dumped by her mother.
Then her grandparents and uncle abandoned her to take up for her poor excuse for a parent.

BUT now - 3 years down the line, JA, FG, LDB and thousands of strangers (you included) have embraced Caylees cause, fought for justice, prayed for her peace, and hung onto hope that someone would pay.
The lack of payment is just one small part, your love and your prayers lifted Caylee into heaven a long time ago. That is worth so much more than a guilty verdict.

Caylee sits at the end of every rainbow that you see, swinging her legs and singing. Sometimes she kicks that pot of gold and a coin falls out, so when you find a penny on the floor......... that is Caylee reminding you that she is now loved.

bobloblaw
07-05-2011, 05:40 PM

Link?

QB.
07-05-2011, 05:40 PM
It's one year maximum for each count-she was charged and convicted of 4.

But what about the check charges? Doesn't she have to serve time for that?

cluciano63
07-05-2011, 05:41 PM

They say 4 years max and she has done 3 already...

3doglady
07-05-2011, 05:42 PM
Roy House coming up on Fox News. Says he's outraged.

3doglady
07-05-2011, 05:42 PM

IIRC she got time served.

twall
07-05-2011, 05:44 PM

She has already served her time for those charges.

chicagofa13
07-05-2011, 05:44 PM
Worst. Jury. Ever.

Silver~Bell
07-05-2011, 05:45 PM
@ChrisCuomo: Alt juror says pros failed to show motive. Pros doesn’t have to show motive!! Shows common lack of savvy

They did too show a motive! THe motive of having poor Caylee out of the way so KC could party! THey showed the motive plain as day! Why the alt juror even saying that???

CN2Souls
If she got time served for the checks she can't also use that time for the "lying to police:!!!

Mandy113
Well we all wondered if it would be GA, CA, or LA that would be thrown under the bus. We never thought it would be baby Caylee :-(

Oh my. You are so right. I never imagined this. I'm in tears again.

3doglady
07-05-2011, 05:46 PM
I'm so sad and disappointed for Caylee. These people never asked to see one piece of evidence after they started deliberating. They just wanted to go home. How are they going to feel when she kills again?

Silver~Bell
07-05-2011, 05:47 PM
After today:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:No I think HJP is going to do this so he has a couple days to think about. He has a strong hand so we can hope.

Some lawyer was saying these are misdemeanor charges and usually just get probation, not jail time, and that Baez should have asked for her to be free today.

QB.
She has already served her time for those charges.

So the check charges & the lying to LE charges were served concurrently?

CN2Souls
She used her last 3 years to cover her Stealing Checks Felonys....

SO, :praying: let hope the good Lord lets her get at least 4 years more for "LYING to POLICE" !!!!!

dvdman
07-05-2011, 05:48 PM
Oh I totally disagree with Casey becoming a "celebrity" and people wanting to be seen with her. Come on now she is not Kim Kardashian. She did not just make a porno video. She was accused of murdering her child and even though she was found innocent. In the court of public opinion she will always be guilty and we all know the jury got it wrong. No one will want to be seen with her. Everyone will refer to her as the "Baby killer who got away with murder". The same will be the case with her lawyers. A killer is a killer. All the money in the world can't change that. I DO agree with your "reasonable doubt' part 100%. This jury and many others like it still do not understand what that means. In addition Ashton's behavior did concern me.
As to your other opinions I do have serious reservations about our jury system. I just don't believe the "Average Joe" is qualified to be a juror and emotions and personal opinions get in the way of the FACTS. This is exactly what happened today. Otherwise Casey Anthony wouldn't have gotten away with murder but like with O.J. justice will eventually be served to Ms. Anthony.

* Like most here I am horrified by this verdict. No only will there be no justice for Kaylee, but the opposite -- her killed is about to CASH IN. Casey is now a celebrity, she is now the person to be seen with, she is the coolest cat in any room. People will want their pictures taken with her, they will want her autograph.

* While it is absolutely NOT a popular sentiment here, I have said for some time now that JB was a good attorney and doing a fine job...

* JA and the prosecution team, on the other hand, did a fantastic job and then failed spectacularly at the end with their closing. The left out a very criticial point of their rebutal...

* They never CLEARLY explaned to the jury what beyond a reasonable doubt meant. Mr Mason did a FANTASTIC job creating the illusion that anything less than absolute 100% air-tight PROOF was a "reasonable doubt." The prosecution pretty much allowed that nonsense to stand unchallenged, which likely goes a long way towards explaining why....

* This jury had already reached a verdict before they retired. They went back there with the opinion that the prosecution had not "proven" their case. They also, likely (and this is also gonna annoy some here), felt that...

* Mr Ashton acted like a complete tool during the defense closing. The guy was arrogant, cocky, and a bit of a jerk during the best of times, and that likely was a bit off-puting, but that stunt during the defense closing was outrageous. And I say this as a HUGE FAN.

* Please please PLEASE stop with the "Kaylee is in a better place" and "God will punish Casey" stuff. Please. It's offensive as hell to some of us.

* The folks who are using this verdict as an excuse to condemn the entire jury system make no more sense than those who would say that all mothers are as fatally flawed as Casey. It's not perfect, but our system is the best in human history, and generally when it makes a mistake it is in favor of the accused. It's designed that way for a reason -- it is better for a hundred guilty to go free than for one innocent to be wrongly condemned.

* It is totally inappropriate to villify the defense team for the actions of Casey or defending her. They did their job, and very well. They won a case that NO ONE thought could be won.

* This verdict is NOT an excuse to abandon the search for justice for everyone else or to quit these forums. If anything it is a call for more activity.

Thanks for reading.

CN2Souls
07-05-2011, 05:49 PM
Some lawyer was saying these are misdemeanor charges and usually just get probation, not jail time, and that Baez should have asked for her to be free today.

She lied to police to Cover up a Murder.... Even if She wasn't convicted of it....

twall
07-05-2011, 05:50 PM
If she got time served for the checks she can't also use that time for the "lying to police:!!!

Is that how it works? I did not know that. IF JP gives her the max. to serve concurrently she will have time served correct? If he gives her the max. to serve consecutive how that will tie in to the time served for the checks?

jojomonkey
Something just occurred to me. They keep saying the State had no smoking gun. You know what? I think the smoking gun was the fight that occurred the night of June 15 that no one in the Anthony family would admit to.

Lee told something about it, other people heard about it. No one would admit it under oath because THAT was the smoking gun. That would sealed the state's case if Cindy had said they fought and she threatened to get custody of Caylee.

I have always felt this fight happened and the family knew that if they admitted it it would seal Casey's fate.

They have made their beds. Even George, he was there and he knew what happened on June 15.

gmt
To everyone who feels they have let Caylee down, I'd like to share a thought with you.

Then her grandparents and uncle abandoned her to take up for her poor excuse for a parent.

BUT now - 3 years down the line, JA, FG, LDB and thousands of strangers (you included) have embraced Caylees cause, fought for justice, prayed for her peace, and hung onto hope that someone would pay.
The lack of payment is just one small part, your love and your prayers lifted Caylee into heaven a long time ago. That is worth so much more than a guilty verdict.

Caylee sits at the end of every rainbow that you see, swinging her legs and singing. Sometimes she kicks that pot of gold and a coin falls out, so when you find a penny on the floor......... that is Caylee reminding you that she is now loved.Thank you, beautiful, and it helps. I hope all will see this and remember it does take a village for the tots.

uvamerica
07-05-2011, 05:51 PM
Along with everyone else I'm heart sick over this verdict. From the beginning I was worried about how the state would handle the Anthony's. During the trial, it seemed as though the state wasn't being honest as far as their involvement in lying and covering up for Casey. I felt at least they should have been charged with obstruction , tampering with evidence. Maybe that would have helped in the circumstantial part of their case, and the jury could understand better the family dynamics. Casey and her family have gotten away with so much. What does this mean to families who may have similar circumstances to this case ? There was no justice for sweet Caylee today, none, nada, zip, 0 ! God Bless you sweet Caylee:heartbeat::rose:

grammieto5
07-05-2011, 05:51 PM

Caylee sits at the end of every rainbow that you see, swinging her legs and singing. Sometimes she kicks that pot of gold and a coin falls out, so when you find a penny on the floor......... that is Caylee reminding you that she is now loved.

Oh thank you for this, this is beautiful and I really needed to read something like this. Thank you so very much.

susietigger
07-05-2011, 05:53 PM
I am so sick and outraged. That poor baby got thrown away like she never mattered and now no one will pay for that. It is so very sad! I'm wearing purple for the rest of the week to show my love for Caylee Marie to show she mattered to all of us!

burbqueen
07-05-2011, 05:54 PM
Chris in Texas you are my hero! I agree with everything!!! Oj was a celeb after his trial

mfcmom
What site was the story with juror 14 on link please it's important. tia

Drama Queen
I see her next date on "Dancing With The Stars" and her partner Tony Babalonie!.
This is all sick and I am angry with the verdict today.

gitana1
07-05-2011, 05:56 PM
My law partner, who is a criminal defense attorney, called me sickened, shocked and stunned. He is beyond words and simply does not get it. And he defends murderers! And he knows casey is guilty and cannot understand how the heck this happened.

Mandy113
07-05-2011, 05:57 PM
I feel like the jurors just said one collective 'eff you to the judicial system and to all the rest of us.

I'm sorry if that's inappropiate but it's how I feel. JMO

ElizaAvalon
07-05-2011, 05:58 PM
I am just sick. Poor Caylee.

AVMAURA
07-05-2011, 05:59 PM
¯`v´¯)
`*.¸.*´
¸.•´ ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´(¸.• (¸.•´¸¸.•¨¯`•.¸¸.♥ Keep this balloon going in memory of Caylee Marie
♥ forever in our hearts♥ TO HONOR CAYLEE'S MEMORY....PLEASE PASS THIS ON R.I.P. Baby girl. Fly with Angels

gmt

Thanks for reading.Her name was CAYLEE please. The very least that can be done.

Pollywog
I am just stunned. I could not believe she was found not guilty. Justice was not served today and their is no way that ICA is not guilty. I hope the judge can give her the max sentence that he can. Does she still have a trial coming up for the checks/fraud? I am just sick over this.

chckmate22
07-05-2011, 06:00 PM
Very Sad
About every five days a small child dies from accidental drowning in the U.S. ...very tragic, but accidental, not murder. How many duct tape and hide the body of their own dead child, lie to everyone, place blame on fictional person(s) and continue with their life as nothing happened?.... The standard is "Beyond a REASONABLE Doubt", not beyond the realm of any distorted, twisted series of events the defense attorney can put together! If anyone thinks hiding your own child's body, bound in duct tape, and pretending nothing happened is reasonable, and the person(s) involved are not responsible for the death, please let them know during jury selection you watch too much television and cannot determine what is real and what is a story for entertainment.
By: Christopher Michael

This was written by a friend thought I would share

burbqueen
07-05-2011, 06:01 PM
I think we are a society of miscreants that loves sensationalism and drama more than justice. People want Casey the reality show. That's y people followed this case. There are those that advocate for caylee but the average person just wanted to watch cause of all the drama. My dh is one of them.

Trinasmom
This is a very sad day.

Vera_75
The judicial system needs an overhaul, particularly in the area of jury selection. We obviously have a problem here. Do we need to form professional jurors??? Test, qualify, quantify them prior to serving? I can see where that might cause some problems, but the judicial system needs to better qualify jurors by making sure that they understand the terminology, or request that the courts use 'plain' English in charging the jurors for deliberation. I also think we need to be sure that the jurors can tie their own shoes, walk without walking off a cliff, use a remote to operate their tv's and even perhaps add 1 + 1. George could...just sayin....

ladylurker
07-05-2011, 06:02 PM
i feel sick. sick, sick, sick.

:sick:

i was at a doctor's appointment when i overheard someone in the reception area talking about it because they heard it on the radio. i had hoped that i overheard wrong, or that they had misheard the radio.

i have so many threads to catch up on and i don't even know how to begin. what's next?

did HHJP ever rule on the last motion for mistrial? can he rule on that now and grant them mistrial, or would that be grossly unethical/wishful thinking on my part?

:banghead:

i am going to pour every drop of extra love i can on my children, today and every day. this feels so not right to me, my head is literally buzzing from how just plain shocked i am.

twall
07-05-2011, 06:03 PM
So the check charges & the lying to LE charges were served concurrently?

She has not yet been sentenced for lying to LE. That will happen Thursday.

Bon
07-05-2011, 06:03 PM
I am still in a daze, I cannot believe this!!! Am I dreaming? Please wake me up!!!
I cannot comprehend what has happened today, I really can't..............

burbqueen
07-05-2011, 06:04 PM
I predict time served or 6 months for the other charges.

kathryann
07-05-2011, 06:07 PM
I am 61 years old and have always believed in our justice system and today is a dark day. That baby was thrown in a garbage dump and no one on the jury stood up for this little girl.

Blue Ridge
07-05-2011, 06:07 PM
did HHJP ever rule on the last motion for mistrial? can he rule on that now and grant them mistrial, or would that be grossly unethical/wishful thinking on my part?

I guess not... because after they read the verdict, she was called up to face the judge and he addressed her personally and based on the jury's verdict, declared her not guilty HIMSELF.

RammerJammer
07-05-2011, 06:08 PM
I am so sick about this and in total disbelief. Such a travesty of justice.

I believe Casey will walk Thursday...she will be credited with time served and walk out of that courtroom a free woman. I think the defense will scurry her out of there, protect her and whisk her away. She will not go home, but we will not be informed where she will go. IMOO

Jstc4caylee
Juror 14 now saying on HLN ....he thinks Dad was involved

evelyn24
Worst. Jury. Ever.

Thank you! I get so tired of hearing respect the jury's decision. Why?
The state did a masterful job and the evidence was there for anybody with common sense who could add two and two.

Jstc4caylee
07-05-2011, 06:09 PM
Such a horrific accident, they didnt know how to hide it "for whatever reason"

RR0004

NSS- do you really think so? Do you believe she is at peace? I'm so trying to hold on to what little faith I have left. I have seen time and time again how little our society values the life of a child. I never wanted to believe early on that a mother could do this to her child...but the evidence convinced me. In my mind, there is no punishment harsh enough for what Casey did to Caylee. I'm holding on to the fact (pointed out by a poster here)...that not guilty does not mean that she is innocent. I hope the public at large holds on to their outrage long enough to make sure that the death of a child is not a commodity to be sold and will protect Caylee by making sure that not one of the Anthonys makes one more penny off this poor little girl.

GoneWithTheWind
I just don't understand how she was not found guilty at all of anything other than lying to police. I mean doesn't one connect to the other?

I can't understand how this jury thought she was completely innocent of everything. I can't believe how much my heart hurts right now.

By this weekend Casey will walk free. She has been in jailf or three years and the judge will take that into account.

So the body in car not a big deal?
Poor Caylee thrown int he woods?
Casey not caring about her child or reporting her missing?

Did they believe the drowning? they must have, but Kronk and George being involved?

That is just crazy.

I am so sorry for Caylee she was really just meaningless in all this, even in death and murder she meant nothing.

To me at least she was beautiful and deserved justice and someone to watch over her.

Being busted for marijuana or insurance fraud is punished more severly than murder in this country. I am appalled.

Jstc4caylee
Say's George was too combative, and hiding something.

peeples
07-05-2011, 06:10 PM
whose dad???

Jstc4caylee
Has a hard time believing there was a body in the car....

Blue Ridge

If so, then what about serving time for stealing from AMY? I don't get this at all!!!

Jstc4caylee
07-05-2011, 06:11 PM
whose dad???

George.

Jstc4caylee
07-05-2011, 06:11 PM
George didnt call LE when they got car at tow yard.

SillyJilly
07-05-2011, 06:13 PM
I'm still having a very hard time controlling my emotions. Every time I see JA and LDB after the verdict is read, I start crying again. My DH, who even said yesterday he would have a hard time convicting, is very emotional now. He said regardless of anything else, ICA is guilty of NOT protecting her daughter. I can't believe this travesty today. My faith in the justice system shrinks more and more.

GoneWithTheWind
That had to be a stacked jury! There is no other explanation!

The American justice system does not work.

On Thursday a child murderer will walk to live "Bella Vita" ... "the beautiful life".

The jury system should be done away with. The general population is not intelligent enough to interpret and understand forensics, nor is common sense a norm. 3 of the jury members did not graduate from highschool, 4 were convicted of various crimes. They were not intelligent enough for the responsibility of such an important decision.

I am so sorry Caylee Anthony. You died at the hands of your selfish mother. May God rest your soul and may karma take care of the rest.

SyraKelly
HE is saying -WHY DID GEORGE NOT CALL POLICE AT THE TOW YARD..

Silver~Bell
I think Cindy's sudden and "shocking" blabfest about searching for chlorophyll/chloroform and the so-called "pop up" with neckbreaking really really hurt, even tho it was proved to be BS.

Jstc4caylee
07-05-2011, 06:14 PM
Since they buried their pets with duck tape, that's how they buried Caylee.

Leila
07-05-2011, 06:14 PM

No, this verdict doesn't make sense, no matter how you look at it. It looks like the jury discounted the computer searches, the duct tape, the analysis of chemicals in the trunk - high levels of chloroform, and KC's behavior in the aftermath. The only guilty charges are lying.

Based on the jury's verdict, we can assume that the jury bought an accidental death, that KC didn't know what to do and couldn't face her parents, and lied. They threw out everything else.

I wonder how many of those jurors will now come here or to other forums and read all the documents and possibly question their decision?

Blue Ridge
07-05-2011, 06:16 PM
Oh my goodness, HLN just said WESH announced JA is going to now retire!!!!!!!!

Benchwarmer
Ok I am hearing Vinnie speak with the alternate juror and I believe he stated "evidence" was provided abt accidental drowning and cover up. Did I see an alternate trial in an alternate universe?

Jstc4caylee

Yup..another thread going.

Silver~Bell
07-05-2011, 06:17 PM

No, this verdict doesn't make sense, no matter how you look at it. It looks like the jury discounted the computer searches, the duct tape, the analysis of chemicals in the trunk - high levels of chloroform, and KC's behavior in the aftermath. The only guilty charges are lying.

Based on the jury's verdict, we can assume that the jury bought an accidental death, that KC didn't know what to do and couldn't face her parents, and lied. They threw out everything else.

I wonder how many of those jurors will now come here or to other forums and read all the documents and possibly question their decision?

BBM - oh, from the sounds of it, they aren't really into reading or educating themselves - read their mini-bios - note how they didn't even examine any of 300+ pieces of evidence - I think they are <modsnip> and will go on their <modsnip> way.

evelyn24
07-05-2011, 06:17 PM
Such a horrific accident, they didnt know how to hide it "for whatever reason"

Good Lord. Really? So they duct taped her mouth and tossed her in a swamp?
I forgot, "hot" white chicks don't kill their kids on purpose.

I can't.

Blue Ridge
07-05-2011, 06:18 PM
Yup..another thread going.

Oh ok, I'm always late to the party.

SoSueMe
07-05-2011, 06:18 PM
Please, no discussion or speculation about jury tampering unless you have proof or can provide a link.

Jstc4caylee
07-05-2011, 06:19 PM
Good Lord. Really? So they duct taped her mouth and tossed her in a swamp?
I forgot, "hot" white chicks don't kill their kids on purpose.

I can't.

Don't ask me...ask him. :)

peeples
who is JA????

pinkflamingo
3 of the jury members did not graduate from highschool
Really? Why would they pick people who do not have the ambition to even graduate?

milliac
I see her next date on "Dancing With The Stars" and her partner Tony Babalonie!.
This is all sick and I am angry with the verdict today.

I was thinking Donald Trump will be after her for Celebrity Apprentice. Ohhhhh maybe she will finally get on Howard Stern's show.

Jstc4caylee
Oh ok, I'm always late to the party.

No problem...just wanted you to see it ! :)

Kimster
07-05-2011, 06:20 PM
:heart: Love you guys. That's all I can say. I'll be back later. I'm trying to get things done so I can make it on the radio show tonight.

I feel like most of you. :tears:

I pray Caylee is playing happily in heaven and doesn't have any idea of this travesty.

JanWhitebear
07-05-2011, 06:20 PM
I have NO faith in our justice system any longer! It seems like the truly, obviously guilty get away with murder, while there are MANY in prisons who do NOT belong there. SAD!

SyraKelly
07-05-2011, 06:21 PM
Did I just hear that juror right..did he just say that Caylee died in a pool accident and they did not want to calll the police -so they put duct tape over her mouth,like they did with their pets! and threw her in the woods..REALLY!!Please tell me I heard wrong and I will delete my post!!

Roni
07-05-2011, 06:21 PM
I am so angry and feel so let down by the jury today, not even child abuse nothing but even when our judical system fails God's JUSTICE will prevail somehow someway for this precious little girl with big brown eyes. I visited Orlando 3 years ago around the time this all happened and she has been in my heart and prayer's like all of you, I knew justice was gonna be done for my Caylee today. Vengance is the Lord's and in the measure we give it is given back to us so I really would not want to be walking in many sets of shoes today! I will keep each one of you in my prayer's, my tears fall with your's on this sad day but I will pray each day Justice and Truth. Stay strong the work you do and support you are is a blessing and gift so take a break away from the heartache, hug your loved ones and together we will press on for the abused and missing.

JanWhitebear
07-05-2011, 06:22 PM
Hopefully Jeff Ashton will go on to a stellar career as maybe a legal consultant on HLN and they can dump that screeching creature, Linda Kenney Baden. UGH! That woman!

gmt
The judicial system needs an overhaul, particularly in the area of jury selection. We obviously have a problem here. Do we need to form professional jurors??? Test, qualify, quantify them prior to serving? I can see where that might cause some problems, but the judicial system needs to better qualify jurors by making sure that they understand the terminology, or request that the courts use 'plain' English in charging the jurors for deliberation. I also think we need to be sure that the jurors can tie their own shoes, walk without walking off a cliff, use a remote to operate their tv's and even perhaps add 1 + 1. George could...just sayin....

Maybe websleuths can start the ball rolling, where do I sign, I'm ready!

Blue Ridge
who is JA????

The awesome Jeff Ashton :)

JanWhitebear
07-05-2011, 06:23 PM
Just goes to show, you TOO can get away with murder just as long as you hide the body well enough, lie well enough and party hardy until there is NOTHING left of the body other than bones!!! There has been NO justice for that precious little girl, Caylee!

gmt
07-05-2011, 06:23 PM
If true I understand, but I hope not.

The Farm
07-05-2011, 06:24 PM

Oh no Silver-Bell, they have to plan where she is going to go. She will need to go into hiding somewhere.
She better stay out of New England,,,people are ready to riot.

germangirl09
This has taken such a toll on me, and I'm sure on other websleuthers. The only thing I can do now is say a prayer for Caylee and turn all of this insanity off. I just keep encouraging everyone i know not to help feed the Anthony gravy train by supporting their greedy actions that are surely next.

Jstc4caylee
It's just all so stupid....We don't know how to deal with an accidental drowning, so we will stage a kidnapping/sexabuse/murder charge and let you sit in jail and face a death charge, and every ounce of our lives upturned.?
Do they not realize, they could just as easily been planning ICA's death right now?? 12 different folks, and maybe it didnt happen...HOW ON EARTH is this better than admitting an accidental death ??

JanWhitebear
07-05-2011, 06:27 PM
The ONLY ones I will ever buy and read books from are the Pros team, the judge and the police detectives involved. I won't buy from one juror or ANY of the Anthony's!! And ESPECIALLY not Casey! Also, I hope that JP will not let all those sanctions against Bozo slide and will also STILL recommend disbarment with the FL state bar!!!

gmt
07-05-2011, 06:28 PM
who is JA????

State Atty- Jeff Ashton

Boytwnmom
07-05-2011, 06:28 PM
this is the problem with how we select juries. I'm beyond angry. The idea that the case included a need for cause or motive is beyond stupid-they obviously didn't even read the instructions or understand the law and how they were to apply it. They were sick of being sequestered and didn't want to review all that evidence to make hard decisions and wanted to get back to playing Farmville or whatever. I hold them responsible for a killer going free and the waste of millions of dollars of tax money spent on investigating the prosecuting this crime. They couldn't be bothered any more. it took too long. they wanted out and took the easiest road home. I hope they are miserable.

CharlestonGal
07-05-2011, 06:29 PM

Yes, he should have. He could easily have demanded sentencing or bond today under the premise that his innocent client has already spent more than 2 1/2 years in jail.

They didn't want her out today. They wanted to get together across the street and celebrate and party together. No way did the defense team want to mess with ICA tonight.

JanWhitebear
07-05-2011, 06:30 PM
It's just really disheartening that SOME people (like Casey) can fall into a gigantic pile of $H*T and come out smelling like a rose! PATHETIC!!

Mysteeri
07-05-2011, 06:30 PM

Yeah dad did it. Did what? Well, dang it did it. Looked weird.

JanWhitebear
07-05-2011, 06:32 PM
I thought he said that he felt that didn't make any sense. At least that's what I heard!!

CN2Souls
07-05-2011, 06:32 PM
My Head feels so messed up right now,

That I feel like we have all been duped by the Anthony's, and Biaz...

That they all were in on these lies,

Sexual abuse, Pool, Lie on the stand River Cruz, Snowball out of control....charade!!!

They planned it 6 weeks before trial, sure they all would have to take a part, but they all plan on moving to California, Make Millions on books and the Media.... so it didn't matter...

Anything to FREE ICA!!!

ladylurker
07-05-2011, 06:34 PM
this is the problem with how we select juries. I'm beyond angry. The idea that the case included a need for cause or motive is beyond stupid-they obviously didn't even read the instructions or understand the law and how they were to apply it. They were sick of being sequestered and didn't want to review all that evidence to make hard decisions and wanted to get back to playing Farmville or whatever. I hold them responsible for a killer going free and the waste of millions of dollars of tax money spent on investigating the prosecuting this crime. They couldn't be bothered any more. it took too long. they wanted out and took the easiest road home. I hope they are miserable.

i TOTALLY agree with this post. GAAAAHHHHHH :banghead:

gmt
07-05-2011, 06:35 PM
Oh no Silver-Bell, they have to plan where she is going to go. She will need to go into hiding somewhere.
She better stay out of New England,,,people are ready to riot.

Bring her shot girl bottom here to Texas we will put her at the front of our line.

Drama Queen
07-05-2011, 06:35 PM
It is my intention to keep myself in check and not express the feelings I feel on this day. I am heartbroken for Caylee and those who have and do love her. I will not feed on this and will simply accept what is our justice system. What else is there to do?

milliac
07-05-2011, 06:36 PM
They did too show a motive! THe motive of having poor Caylee out of the way so KC could party! THey showed the motive plain as day! Why the alt juror even saying that???

I was thinking this afternoon. In the SA case, they showed the grandparents to be doting and loving. They didn't take the motive far enough to show why ICA didn't want to leave her baby with them. LDB said "you have come to know Cindy and she would never let Casey walk away". I think this was lost on the jury. Most people could make a reasonable assumption that the Anthony's would have continued to love and take care of Caylee, so why wouldn't ICA just walk away.

IMO they really should have called Cindy's mom and brother to testify to the relationship. I think the state was played by the Anthony's and the defense team.

Benchwarmer
07-05-2011, 06:38 PM
So the jury may actually believe George lied (without evidence) and KC told the truth(with mountain of evidence for lying)?

I am speechless. If the other members of the jury feel same it is probably wise they gave no press conference.

Boytwnmom
07-05-2011, 06:39 PM
"no cause' and "no motive" showed these people did not understand the law nor read the jury instructions. Neither is required. IMO they didn't understand the difference between manner and cause of death, they likely understood "reasonable doubt" as any doubt, and they needed to be "100% sure". This also means they didn't care. Whether they didn't care from the beginning or whether they didn't care after being sequestered for so long I think they didn't care when deliberating. They wanted the easiest way out and took it. To really decide would have required understanding the various charges and weighing the evidence against each element of each charge. They didn't do that nor did they ask for any clarification. To me, that shows a lack of due care. Professional jurors and/or judges would gaurd against that especially in high profile cases where the selection process leaves us with the odd elements of society (IMO). Professional jurors and judges would not need to be sequestered or even if they had to be this would be their profession. These jurors are a disgrace to our system...really, just all the time and money spent on this case and for them to not take it seriously...sad.

JanWhitebear
07-05-2011, 06:43 PM
I got the distinct impression that these jurors may very well have discussed this amongst themselves AWAY from the courthouse and deliberation room.

Neurotripsy
07-05-2011, 06:44 PM
I can't stop crying. I've followed this since November 2008 & as the years passed I grew more & more positive that she'd be convicted of FDM. I was even prepared for a manslaughter verdict, but not for her to walk free.

She is now free to live the life she killed Caylee for. Cindy & George may divorce (& the latter will leave), but Cindy will carry on living in her little fantasy world & she'll welcome Casey back with open arms. George will likely kill himself. And Casey will end up with a book/movie deal & live a cushy life with not even a sliver of remorse about Caylee.

I'm struggling to comprehend how the jury came to this conclusion &, like many of you have also said, I feel like I failed her or somehow jinxed it by hoping too hard. :(

CN2Souls
07-05-2011, 06:45 PM
This is Serious:

Anyone want to help start a petition to change the way jury's are selected and have guild line to which they need to have some sort of

COMMON SENSE to be on a jury??? Truthfully a professional Jury System???

We could name it Caylee Marie's Law!!!

gmt
To all WS's and Mods who worked hours upon hours to read, write and search facts for Caylee and her supporters, my heart goes out to each of you as well. We all know this should have turned out differently.

Solange82200
The American justice system does not work.

On Thursday a child murderer will walk to live "Bella Vita" ... "the beautiful life".

The jury system should be done away with. The general population is not intelligent enough to interpret and understand forensics, nor is common sense a norm. 3 of the jury members did not graduate from highschool, 4 were convicted of various crimes. They were not intelligent enough for the responsibility of such an important decision.

I am so sorry Caylee Anthony. You died at the hands of your selfish mother. May God rest your soul and may karma take care of the rest.

Im glad someone else agrees. This alone is proof of this. Unbelievable. This is a farce. This is a waste of my taxpayers dollars as a Floridian, just to have 12 morons come along and misinterpret everything and anything.

JanWhitebear
07-05-2011, 06:47 PM
Well...there IS still the real Zaneida Gonzalez civil trial!! With any luck, she will win that and THAT jury will have some sense and award her millions! KC may make money on book deals and maybe even a TV movie, but she'd have to give it ALL to the REAL ZANEIDA GONZALEZ!!! Now, THAT would be some much welcomed Karma on Casey for us to watch unfold!

CharlestonGal
07-05-2011, 06:49 PM
I got the distinct impression that these jurors may very well have discussed this amongst themselves AWAY from the courthouse and deliberation room.

I don't doubt that they did. Often. Juror 14 even slipped up and referred to it by saying that the jury "early on" had decided there was not evidence beyond a reasonable doubt.

How did Juror 14 know that if he was an alternate and was not in the room deliberating? It means they all talked about it before that.

Shows that at least 1 jury member (14) is not the brightest - he admitted on national news that the jury disobeyed the judge's order.

jengasauras
07-05-2011, 06:50 PM
Our system was set up long before modern technology. Look what our cases are built upon- advanced science.

We are picking people who can't even be bothered to finish highschool and entrusting them to pick apart the intricacies of modern forensics?

These jurors did not ask to see one of the hundreds hundreds of pieces of evidences submitted by both sides. How did they make an educated decision without doing so?

Professional jury is a must.

JanWhitebear
07-05-2011, 06:51 PM
Another thought I had was that if that lady who believes her deceased son WAS Caylee's father does turn out to be the actual grandmother of Caylee, she COULD file a wrongful death suit against Casey and win $$$$$ also!! I hope that family really pursues this!!

jenniek
07-05-2011, 06:51 PM
I don't doubt that they did. Often. Juror 14 even slipped up and referred to it by saying that the jury "early on" had decided there was not evidence beyond a reasonable doubt.

How did Juror 14 know that if he was an alternate and was not in the room deliberating? It means they all talked about it before that.

Shows that at least 1 jury member (14) is not the brightest - he admitted on national news that the jury disobeyed the judge's order.

can we inform someone about this... it's not right...

peeples
07-05-2011, 06:57 PM
alt. juror talks to HLN
Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com

grammieto5
Oh I totally disagree with Casey becoming a "celebrity" and people wanting to be seen with her. Come on now she is not Kim Kardashian. She did not just make a porno video. She was accused of murdering her child and even though she was found innocent. In the court of public opinion she will always be guilty and we all know the jury got it wrong. No one will want to be seen with her. Everyone will refer to her as the "Baby killer who got away with murder". The same will be the case with her lawyers. A killer is a killer. All the money in the world can't change that. I DO agree with your "reasonable doubt' part 100%. This jury and many others like it still do not understand what that means. In addition Ashton's behavior did concern me.
As to your other opinions I do have serious reservations about our jury system. I just don't believe the "Average Joe" is qualified to be a juror and emotions and personal opinions get in the way of the FACTS. This is exactly what happened today. Otherwise Casey Anthony wouldn't have gotten away with murder but like with O.J. justice will eventually be served to Ms. Anthony.

I'm thinking maybe KC didn't, but where was baby Caylee when she wasn't with KC. I've been thinking this for awhile, and then I read what Wendy Murphy wrote, (page 10, this thread, post #236) now I"m really wondering. Kiddie Porn makes a lot of money! I wonder, if KC is innocent, will she have the guts to stand up for baby Caylee.

ladylurker
the amount of time spent also makes my eyes whirl... the countless hours some of us have spent reading the discovery... how much time did they really spend looking at evidence and deliberating, i wonder?

and not believing the body was ever in the trunk?!?!?!?! what's next, them believing ZFG was real?

agathie
07-05-2011, 06:58 PM
I am too. They are showing a beautiful montage of Caylee on HLN right now.

JanWhitebear
07-05-2011, 06:59 PM
can we inform someone about this... it's not right...

There is nothing that would be done about it anyway. She is now off scott free and nothing will ever change that! Jury misconduct or not! KC is now free. Free to get pregnant again and even murder another child.

Jstc4caylee
07-05-2011, 07:00 PM

I have thought before, but never wanted to say it before..I see something in Caylee's eyes. Tells me she has seen things no child should ever see :(

JanWhitebear
07-05-2011, 07:02 PM
I just WISH ALL the media would center ALL their time now on CAYLEE!! I hope they turn their backs on KC and that WHOLE DUHfense team. THAT ought to P.O. KC since it would all still be about CAYLEE and not her! However, I am pretty sure the talking heads will be sucking up to all those DUH's now as well as KC too. Pretty disgusting. I, for one, plan on turning OFF my TV to something else if any one of the DUHfense team or the DUHfendant shows up on their shows.

Blue Ridge
07-05-2011, 07:02 PM

It was beautiful wasn't it? Made me cry all over again.

What a precious little angel.

magnolia
07-05-2011, 07:04 PM

I figured as much. They based their decision on JB's opening statement.

sonicfanaticsmommy
07-05-2011, 07:05 PM
I'm bewildered by this: how is not reporting your child missing for 31 days not considered child abuse in the eyes of the law?

SyraKelly
07-05-2011, 07:06 PM
This is Serious:

Anyone want to help start a petition to change the way jury's are selected and have guild line to which they need to have some sort of

COMMON SENSE to be on a jury??? Truthfully a professional Jury System???

We could name it Caylee Marie's Law!!!

I am all for that my friend!!!

Jstc4caylee
07-05-2011, 07:06 PM
I thought he said that he felt that didn't make any sense. At least that's what I heard!!

If you are talking about "Dad" being involved just listened to it again, said it was a horrific accident, and Dad and Casey covered it up, and it did just snowball.

Jstc4caylee
07-05-2011, 07:07 PM
I figured as much. They based their decision on JB's opening statement.

Well, he did discount the sex abuse as he says there was no evidence to that...fwiw !

magnolia
07-05-2011, 07:08 PM

I could not agree more.

SyraKelly
07-05-2011, 07:09 PM
We need professional jurors looking at these cases!!This would not have happened today if we had PJ

QuietStorm
07-05-2011, 07:09 PM
There are no words, just deep heavy rumblings of something amiss in this universe. Caylee, Kyron, Shaniya, Haleigh, and all the other missing children cry for justice. The cry is unheeded. It's open season on the children. More cries will follow since once again the war on women and children triumphs. Watch your backs, ladies. Watch your children, your children's children, the nation's children. Evil comes in legions of packages.

EastCoast
07-05-2011, 07:10 PM
As soon as we know where Casey will go when she is let out, I want to personally pay for her car to be towed there. Hopefully the decomp smell is still in it.

amandab
07-05-2011, 07:13 PM
You know what? I'm out.

I cannot sit through another case like this again. Not in the near future, anyway.

I'll be back, I'm sure of it, but for now......I need time to clear my head.

yolorado
07-05-2011, 07:17 PM
It is my intention to keep myself in check and not express the feelings I feel on this day. I am heartbroken for Caylee and those who have and do love her. I will not feed on this and will simply accept what is our justice system. What else is there to do?
Try to change it. This jury should have been from Orange County and not sequestered. And they should have access to ALL the discovery, everything we here at WS have seen and had three years to digest. Baez and other defense attorneys should not be allowed to deliver the type of baseless, unsupported, slanderous opening he put forth. Judges should let juries have access to most facts relating to case available without so much picking and choosing. And if the defense gets three years, the jury should get three years too. When picking the jury, it should be more like a draft. There should be almost no excuses for avoiding jury services and pick more by lottery and less by trying to rule out jurors who know anything. If it's a jury of KC's peers, they should have been selected from the first 30 people pulled out of a hat from Orange County. Our system systematically eliminates reason. This is such a travesty. I no longer believe we have anything close to a good legal system. We need laws to change it to restore truth and justice, which were sorely missing from this verdict.

grammieto5
07-05-2011, 07:18 PM
I just got a text from my daughter, PORCH LIGHTS ON FOR CAYLEE AT 9PM. I'm turning mine on now. Go to facebook it's from 9pm to 6am your time

Chris_Texas
07-05-2011, 07:18 PM
We need professional jurors looking at these cases!!This would not have happened today if we had PJ

No no no! Our entire legal system is based around the idea that it is average randomly selected people who sit in judgement, not some special elected or seclect good-old-boy elite.

You want to hand guilt and innocence to "professionals"?! Are you NUTS? Can you not imagine the fraud, the corruption, the pure EVIL -- and with no recourse -- such a system would usher in?

HarvestMoon
07-05-2011, 07:22 PM
I'm very sad and mad about this.

It's preposterous imo. Sickening. That baby was thrown like trash. At the very least imo, it's child abuse when a parent/guardian doesn't report a two year old missing and carries on for 31 days as if NOTHING is wrong. :(:(:(

mfcmom
07-05-2011, 07:23 PM
mfcmom at 5:56 PM July 5, 2011
I am not surprised. The woman who nearly killed my adopted daughter, severe non accidental brain injuries, liver damage, spinal cord injuries, 7 healing fractures NEVER EVEN GOT CHARGED. Had another baby after! There is NO justice for children. NONE. Am I angry you bet. As I sit changing my 12 year olds diapers, cleaning her feeding tube, trying to fix her wheelchair, (she was Caylees age) the mere thought of this woman walking the streets in sickening. JMO

Report Abuse

krieg1991
07-05-2011, 07:23 PM
This just makes me sick. God Bless Caylee and God Bless the prosecution team. I can't wait to see my 4 year old nephew and give him the buggest hug.

Jstc4caylee
07-05-2011, 07:25 PM
mfcmom at 5:56 PM July 5, 2011
I am not surprised. The woman who nearly killed my adopted daughter, severe non accidental brain injuries, liver damage, spinal cord injuries, 7 healing fractures NEVER EVEN GOT CHARGED. Had another baby after! There is NO justice for children. NONE. Am I angry you bet. As I sit changing my 12 year olds diapers, cleaning her feeding tube, trying to fix her wheelchair, (she was Caylees age) the mere thought of this woman walking the streets in sickening. JMO

Report Abuse

I am so sorry......Many hugs.

Chris_Texas
07-05-2011, 07:25 PM
The prosecution made a HUUUGE eror in this case. The defense spent three and a half of their four hours in closing talking about and essentially redefining "reasonable doubt."

The prosecution spent all of five minutes rebutting this.

The jury went into deliberation with unanswered questions. That these questions were irrelevant to the LAW does not matter if the prosecution failed to explain to them why. These guys did not bother to weight the evidence at all, we know this from the time they spent in deliberation, and the REASON they did not bother was because they "still had questions."

And as the nice old man and the feisty young defense guy said, if you have any questions, any at all, if the prosecution failed to provide every and anything anyone could possibly ever ask, well that means not guilty.

The prosecution let that nonsense stand.

PerfectStorm
07-05-2011, 07:33 PM
As the court clerk was reading the verdict, I swear her voice at one point became strained and cracking as the NOT GUILTYs kept coming... did anyone else hear/think/get this?

Today was a sad day for Caylee, indeed.
Rest in Peace Little Angel, so many people tried so hard to bring you justice.

CuriousG
07-05-2011, 07:34 PM
Sick and heartbroken too. Mostly lurked during the trial, but read along here every day and it helps to know we all pretty much feel the same way. Since the verdict was read, I found out some of my friends and family were also disgusted by the outcome of the trial, I had no idea they were following it!

I need to step away from this for awhile and I think the most appropriate thing to do is go spend the rest of the afternoon out in the summer sunshine with my son.

Hugs to everyone.

SummerRaye
07-05-2011, 07:37 PM
I honestly don't know where to put this.

I joined WS because of Caylee. And here is a background of Summer Raye...I CANT HAVE KIDS. I am not totally upset about this because I have two four legged kids that keep me crazy as a parent anyway....and my friends and my relatives....they have wonderful kids who will always call me Aunt Laura (oopps...SummerRaye)...

I don't even know what to do...I want those jurors to go home...and work to try and fall asleep with what they didn't do.

I have been aroudn WS for some horrible cases...but Caylee is what brought me to you wonderful people...

I want those jurors to know what they have done to some wonderful people who have fought, researched, posted and held eachother in the fact that a beautiful 3 year old was gone with no answer...

I am going to my bedroom...renting a movie, dirnking some beer cause I can't watch the verdict delivered again. My birthmom and I have watched this whole thing since three years ago...she had to hop a plane today because her mom is having shoulder surgery at 92 years old....she just called as she landed...she couldn't speak.

I love you guys. I really really do.

Solshine
07-05-2011, 07:39 PM
George didnt call LE when they got car at tow yard.

According to the tow yard employee with George, they BOTH smelled the dead body and knew what it was. Why didn't either one of them call the police right then and not touch the car???

IMO, this and the cop getting away with not really looking when Kronk called the first time are the reasons LDB and JA didn't have what they needed to work with to prove beyond a reasonable doubt guilt of ICA.

Darkprincess65
07-05-2011, 07:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Af8mB9ABuJA

I feel defeated.

I feel like I've lost a member of my own family.

I will never again get this close to a case.

The judicial system let me down.

We're all grieving little Caley. All over again. Every day. Her memory embedded in our hearts and minds. And God help me I'm trying to maintain and remember my own Christian values and I'm having issues with that right now. I'm a parent and here I am grieving for a child that was never mine. God help me because if I was to ever learn what hate felt like?

Now would be that time.

*I gotta go cope now*

ElenaS
07-05-2011, 07:56 PM

I have to respectfully disagree with you. She will become a celebrity and people will flock to be around her. The reason I say this is because I used to work with a girl who eventually became OJ's longtime girlfriend after he was aquitted (she was still with him when he eventually went to prison). I know that when they would come home to visit her family people went nuts to be seen with him.
I never once heard anyone ever say anything negative to him...in fact, they tripped over each other to sit at his table and take pictures with him.
I do believe people will clamor to be near Casey even though we all know she is a "baby killer"...sad but true in this day & age.
IMO

mfcmom
07-05-2011, 08:09 PM
mfcmom at 6:58 PM July 5, 2011
Okay lawyers out there. Since she has been acquitted, but convicted of lying to the police, admitting the baby died in the pool on June 16th, can she be charged for the costs financially of the search for a "missing child"? Runaway bride was. Perhaps we can do something to help by asking the SA to charge her financially with these costs?

Zak
07-05-2011, 08:11 PM
It is with a heavy heart that I write this. I am so sad that there will never be justice for Caylee Marie. We have all invested so much time here discussing the case, going over the evidence, talking things through and praying for justice. Sadly, it wasn't enough. All that it took to create reasonable doubt was some lies told by the DT. It's not right, but it happens everyday. We all must accept the verdict and move on in our lives broken heart and all. It will do none of us any good to keep rehashing the case, wondering where it went wrong.
My son came home from work today and ask me what happened, what went wrong. He had heard the verdict on the radio. Naturally, I started ranting and raving on about the lies and how a murderer will walk away with time served. He stopped me and said "Mom, that girl will never have a peaceful day in her life. Its ruined. People will hassle her and call her names. She will have no friends and who would hire her for a job? She will have to live in fear for her life for quite some time over this verdict too." Then he said " Mom, what if it were really an accident or what if her dad was in on it or what if she just downright killed her baby? We will NEVER know the truth. The truth is something that Casey has to live with the rest of her life". And my son is correct. Casey is on her own now. So are the Anthony family. The most important thing that we all must do is to avoid them. Boycott any press or media involving them. Of course let the networks and advertisers and publishers know. Let us all give the A's the privacy that they desire-COMPLETE PRIVACY. Let us forget they exist. If we stop feeding into the media frenzy it will stop. I turned off the coverage of the case soon after the verdict and I urge you all to do so too. Tonight with my heart filled with sadness I will say a prayer for Caylee Marie and tomorrow move on to a family that needs my help.

grammieto5
07-05-2011, 08:17 PM
Really? Why would they pick people who do not have the ambition to even graduate?

Sounds like KC. A jury of her peers.

Florida Native
07-05-2011, 08:18 PM
I just don't know what to do with myself tonight. I heard the verdict at work and was unable to cry like I wanted. I am home now and do not want to cry in front of my husband and kids. I have tried to bury myself in vacation plans. We are leaving at the end of the week for our annual family vacation. But here I am, surrounding myself with people who I know understand what I am feeling.

I am trying to put my faith in God. Casey will answer one day.

Mysteeri
07-05-2011, 08:25 PM
According to the tow yard employee with George, they BOTH smelled the dead body and knew what it was. Why didn't either one of them call the police right then and not touch the car???

IMO, this and the cop getting away with not really looking when Kronk called the first time are the reasons LDB and JA didn't have what they needed to work with to prove beyond a reasonable doubt guilt of ICA.

There was no body in the car, people don`t act on smells in a certain, predictable way.

scout35
07-05-2011, 08:27 PM

He didn't really get away with it. He was fired.

impatientredhead
07-05-2011, 08:39 PM

Thursday she gets credit for time served and walks out the door with JB. She has to get a sentence in line with what other defendants with the same first time offender (she was not a convict at the time she was charged) received for the same crime.

No way she is not out by the end of the week. And the jury saying they wanted a motive or saying they discussed the case is irrelevant at this point. It would be the basis for a possible mistrial had she been convicted, but she was acquitted, she can announce in graphic detail how she killed her now, you can't unwind that clock.

SleuthyMama
07-05-2011, 08:47 PM
I got kicked off WS this afternoon shortly after we found out a verdict was coming and for one reason or another haven't been able to get back on till now.

I am heartbroken, frustrated, stunned, outraged, shocked and disgusted. I never thought it would come to this. Mistrail, hung jury maybe but never not guilty. I truly did not see this one coming.

I know how our system works and I am lucky to live in a country with such a system but boy, I really don't respect it at all tonite.

There was no justice for Caylee.

kitkit
07-05-2011, 08:52 PM
Going around facebook
Porch lights on 9 tonight to 6am for
Caylee Marie Anthony

impatientredhead
07-05-2011, 08:54 PM
As the court clerk was reading the verdict, I swear her voice at one point became strained and cracking as the NOT GUILTYs kept coming... did anyone else hear/think/get this?

Today was a sad day for Caylee, indeed.
Rest in Peace Little Angel, so many people tried so hard to bring you justice.

TMZ has a clip of the clerk reading the verdict and it appears that she has to get her composure before she can read it. You can see the shock on her face when she reads it. I would link but my computer is being uncooperative.

TXredhead178
07-05-2011, 09:02 PM
Having seen a fair number of high-profile trials, when the announcement came today that the jury had reached a verdict, I felt very confident, much more so than I ever had in other cases, that there would be a conviction. In my mind, it was only a question of whether ICA would be convicted of first degree murder or manslaughter.

Like most of you, I was completely shocked and stunned at the verdict. I am still in a state of disbelief. In other cases I've seen, I might have been able to attribute an acquittal to serious mistakes made by the prosecution, or an extremely capable defense team ... but not in this instance. JA, LDB and FG did an outstanding job, and the DT was rather weak, IMO (though I will say their closing arguments were surprisingly strong).

This is all the more infuriating to me, as survivor of a family violence incident that very nearly took my life, and as a heartbroken mother who had to deal with this matter in court over the protestations and machinations of a certain family member who behaved eerily like CA. Long story that I won't go into here, but suffice it to say, truth is indeed stranger than fiction.

I strongly believe that the intense media coverage surrounding the A case helped contribute to the gross miscarriage of justice that we saw unfold today. I understand why interest in this case has been so great (It certainly grabbed my attention the day Caylee's disappearance made national news), but in the end, I believe the nonstop sensationalistic coverage also contributed to the questionable quality of jurors who were ultimately selected to decide this case. I also believe, due to the increasing prevalence of crime shows, that we are starting to see a "CSI effect," where more potential jurors expect the "smoking gun" of DNA, finger prints, etc. (without the need to resort to the mental effort of piecing together the parts of a circumstantial case), and more potential criminals are starting to figure out how to better cover their tracks.

I do not believe the system worked in this instance. At least for high-profile cases, I think we need to seriously consider the use of professional juries - not just limited to attorneys, but also open to those who are willing to become educated re: legal processes.

What sickens me most of all, is the likelihood that ICA, CA and the jurors in this case will profit handsomely from book deals and continued media coverage of this controversial acquittal. If even 5% of people continue to tune in to the news media concerning this case, I believe that could still translate into large sums of money for these people (at least over the short term). For whatever it's worth, I will have no part in this. As I said earlier, I AM DONE. I will not watch any more coverage of this case, and I will not be buying anyone's book. I will focus my efforts on helping other victims of crime, and I will go back to doing all of the things that I love - especially dancing! Life is just too short ...

ETA: I do take some comfort that ICA's life will never be quite the same. Like OJ, she will be in a prison of sorts, always having to watch her back, being shunned by most everyone, and I also agree that it's only a matter of time before she commits another crime. If I were GA, I'd move out of that house, pronto. ICA and CA deserve each other. Maybe that's what the jury thought, too ...

MaraSleuth
07-05-2011, 09:07 PM
I followed the Casey Anthony case since July 2008 when she failed to report her daughter missing after 31 days. We had just got back from Florida and my son was the same age as her murdered daughter Caylee. I was drawn to the case since then. To not report a missing child for 31 days - unbelievable. I have spent endless hours reading the evidence that came out through Florida's sunshine laws, gone over everything out their including this board. I am devastated and disgusted that Casey got away with murdering her innocent child. I have been crying for the last two hours - work this afternoon was a blur. I pray the jury will beat their chests and cry bitter tears when they go home and realize what they have done. Hell has a special place for people like Casey Anthony.

Lady Justice weeps tonight, I feel brokenhearted as many of you - RIP Caylee Marie Anthony. My porch light will be on for you tonight.

TxMother67
07-05-2011, 09:09 PM
Where is DEXTER when you need him?

BCV
07-05-2011, 09:13 PM
I have to respectfully disagree with you. She will become a celebrity and people will flock to be around her. The reason I say this is because I used to work with a girl who eventually became OJ's longtime girlfriend after he was aquitted (she was still with him when he eventually went to prison). I know that when they would come home to visit her family people went nuts to be seen with him.
I never once heard anyone ever say anything negative to him...in fact, they tripped over each other to sit at his table and take pictures with him.
I do believe people will clamor to be near Casey even though we all know she is a "baby killer"...sad but true in this day & age.
IMO

I agree with you. I have read comments on the CNN stories. She has many supporters and even potential suitors.

TotallyObsessed
07-05-2011, 09:17 PM
I cannot explain the depth of my heartache. Driving home, stunned, I felt that I have no faith in humanity. I want to unplug. Just take care of and worry about my little corner of the world and that's it. I have been obsessed with this case, and during time obsessed with politics as well, and well.....I have just given up on humanity.

It will take me a long time to get over this.

wundermommy76
07-05-2011, 09:20 PM
I am also sick and heartbroken over this verdict. I just do NOT understand it. My friends and family had a problem with the murder in the 1st degree part. And while I do believe she thought about it many times before actually doing it, I could see that charge as the ONLY charge coming back not guilty. The other counts though.....it was proven beyond a reasonable doubt in my opinion, so what the hell happened????? I am sickened by this "justice system" tonight.

joyless
07-05-2011, 09:34 PM
I do hope karma comes onto Casey and the defense team. People have pointed out what happened to OJ and his DT.

Yes! My sister and a friend said the same...even so, I am disgusted with the jury system....she is SO guilty BEYOND reasonable doubt, but the jurors were not intelligent enough to understand the overwhelming evidence against that murderer Casey...which is what we should all remember to speak of her as....and then yes, may she have a rotten life like OJ .

patches38
07-05-2011, 09:40 PM
I haven't been a posting member here or anywhere for a long, long time, as my own life is so far from perfect in the last two years that I have not been able to indulge myself with anything other than just hoping my own little family gets by, BUT I have to put this somewhere tonight, so here goes.
Nothing would surpise me about Casey Anthony from what I have learned in the past few years. Nothing she would say or do would cause me to gasp. It is not her allegations, actions or statements that have caused me such dismay as it is only to be expected from someone who I consider depraved, selfish and evil.
My shock and education during this trial has been in witnessing the level her defense team sank to in order to win this case. This is a big thing for me as I have always resented seeing people or hearing people call lawyers names, put them down etc. I have always believed in our system that guarantees everyone the right to counsel. I always could put myself in their shoes, and think, well I can't be smug or superior because what if someone I love did something terrible? I am not saying I would want them to get off scot free, but I would want them to have good counsel, so that however it turned out, there would be a sense that the chips had fallen as they were supposed to. However what I have witnessed here has shaken me to my foundation. I guess I am sheltered, but I truly have never witnessed in my life or on televised trials, or even in my reading on such subjects, a lawyer who got up and was so ruthless, damning, and destructive to victims as Jose Baez. I was so sickened that I felt cheated out of watching this trial in it's entirety as I literally felt ill when he was talking to the point of having to tune out. I knew as I did this, it was ignorant if I wanted to be truly informed at the end of this trial, but that is how strongly he has affected me. He seems very proud of himself, but I am ashamed of him. May the Lord forgive him because I won't, and I know little Caylee is in heaven right now with all this left behind, but today was a sad day for her little memory here. I am finished, and thanks for listening.

ladylurker
07-05-2011, 10:14 PM
on a personal level, as an abuse survivor, the verdict feels like a slap in the face to me. child abuse goes unpunished so frequently. i don't care if ICA was an angelic mom to caylee the rest of the time (which i highly doubt anyway), those pieces of duct tape amount to horrific child abuse which ended in her death, and it doesn't matter. if we truly knew the number of abusive parents out there right this moment who will never be held accountable for their actions, we would probably keel over from how bad we felt about it. i'm having a hard time processing all this today. :sick:

carole
07-05-2011, 10:22 PM
It is with a heavy heart that I write this. I am so sad that there will never be justice for Caylee Marie. We have all invested so much time here discussing the case, going over the evidence, talking things through and praying for justice. Sadly, it wasn't enough. All that it took to create reasonable doubt was some lies told by the DT. It's not right, but it happens everyday. We all must accept the verdict and move on in our lives broken heart and all. It will do none of us any good to keep rehashing the case, wondering where it went wrong.
My son came home from work today and ask me what happened, what went wrong. He had heard the verdict on the radio. Naturally, I started ranting and raving on about the lies and how a murderer will walk away with time served. He stopped me and said "Mom, that girl will never have a peaceful day in her life. Its ruined. People will hassle her and call her names. She will have no friends and who would hire her for a job? She will have to live in fear for her life for quite some time over this verdict too." Then he said " Mom, what if it were really an accident or what if her dad was in on it or what if she just downright killed her baby? We will NEVER know the truth. The truth is something that Casey has to live with the rest of her life". And my son is correct. Casey is on her own now. So are the Anthony family. The most important thing that we all must do is to avoid them. Boycott any press or media involving them. Of course let the networks and advertisers and publishers know. Let us all give the A's the privacy that they desire-COMPLETE PRIVACY. Let us forget they exist. If we stop feeding into the media frenzy it will stop. I turned off the coverage of the case soon after the verdict and I urge you all to do so too. Tonight with my heart filled with sadness I will say a prayer for Caylee Marie and tomorrow move on to a family that needs my help.

WOW!! That is some son you have. Thank you for sharing that with us. How old is he?

Out of the mouth of babes. There really is hope for us all if a young man has this much insight into the life Casey will be leading. Might be that karma that so many have spoken of today.