PDA

View Full Version : Post-Verdict: I am sick and heartbroken

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

princesspjs
07-05-2011, 02:32 PM
I've always believed in our justice system. This was one of the reasons that I am so proud to be an American.

Not anymore. I'm just sick over this. This was the most unjust verdict that I've ever heard.

I've always wanted to serve in a trial and I happen to have just been assigned jury duty on 8/8/11. I am going to send my notification back and will write in that I do not wish to serve on it because I do not believe in the system. Of course, I will show up when I am supposed to but I will maintain my belief that I do not have faith in the system. I am pretty sure they'll excuse me.

I really am sick about this. :sick:

casseole
07-05-2011, 02:36 PM
I'm absolutely speechless. No justice for this poor little girl... Its hard to look at her picture now.

WholeLottaRosie
07-05-2011, 02:37 PM
This is proof our system doesn't work. How awful. How sad. And now will begin the triumph of that evil evil defense team. I will watch nothing these people are on. I bet Baez has a profitable interview with Geraldo lined up for Casey to set her up in her new life as a media star. This is so so very wrong.

armywife210
07-05-2011, 02:40 PM
I completely agree. My heart actually hurts. I have two daughters whom I would lay down my life to protect, and that's the kind of mother Caylee deserved.

who knew?
07-05-2011, 02:42 PM
I am in shock! Karma will come quickly - who wants a child-killer as a friend, a spouse... a daughter. Life will be hard.

DairyGirl
07-05-2011, 02:43 PM
I am devastated. I pray that not one person will pay one cent to profit this baby killer. I am so sorry Caylee. You deserved so much better.

sleutherer
07-05-2011, 02:46 PM
Jury got it wrong.

Caylee cannot rest.

com n sense
07-05-2011, 02:47 PM
I want to know why????? Something is very wrong here.

BostonSu
07-05-2011, 02:47 PM
I'm sad and angry. Were these jurors following a different trial, listening to different evidence than we were??

My heart is breaking all over for Caylee.

Crabcake23
07-05-2011, 02:49 PM
I'm from Pinellas County and I'm sickened, just speechless. HOW HOW HOW HOW HOW?????

watchinginky
07-05-2011, 02:51 PM
I am beyond words. Our justice system is very broken. I'm completely heartbroken right now for a little girl named Caylee.

IMO, a cold blooded murderer will be walking free in a couple of days. I think her sentence will be time served and she'll walk free. Unbelievable.

I will never forget you Caylee. You will be in my thoughts everyday when I look at my own kids.

zachs mema
07-05-2011, 02:52 PM
My heart is broken. I have lost all faith in people. No, Caylee will not rest. This murderer will be out with time served, and will now on the nearest pole living the life she wanted without Caylee. OMG I'm sick to my stomach. WTF was wrong with this jury? Duct tape, in a swamp, partying, someone please tell me how this happened

AVMAURA
07-05-2011, 02:52 PM
I am BEYOND MORTIFIED.....cannot listen to defense gloat.....CM I wanted to strangle...JB I muted him during trial...for sure cannot stomach him now.....

This will be my last trial I watch....it has been a heartwrentching 3 yrs...I cannot go thru this again

God,where were you today...poor Caylee deserved SOOOO much better.....my heart is shattered into a million pieces

Enola
07-05-2011, 02:53 PM
Another OJ moment... can't help feeling that sequestration of Juries leads to them punishing the system.

Mendara
07-05-2011, 02:54 PM
I just don't understand how she was not found guilty at all of anything other than lying to police. I mean doesn't one connect to the other?

I can't understand how this jury thought she was completely innocent of everything. I can't believe how much my heart hurts right now.

By this weekend Casey will walk free. She has been in jailf or three years and the judge will take that into account.

So the body in car not a big deal?
Poor Caylee thrown int he woods?
Casey not caring about her child or reporting her missing?

Did they believe the drowning? they must have, but Kronk and George being involved?

That is just crazy.

I am so sorry for Caylee she was really just meaningless in all this, even in death and murder she meant nothing.

To me at least she was beautiful and deserved justice and someone to watch over her.

Invisible
07-05-2011, 02:55 PM
Thank you for starting this thread. I thought the SA did a very good job of presenting their case. I am not sure why the jury came to this conclusion. I just can't understand this verdict. I am still in shock and cannot completely process what has just happened...that the jury found the Casey not guilty. This wasn't about Casey, it was about Caylee and this jury has done a grave injustice to Caylee.

~Lisa~
07-05-2011, 02:56 PM
Why?????? I don't get it!!
Our system is broke!! I'm so sorry Caylee <3

Kavya01
07-05-2011, 02:57 PM
THIS is why jury systems should forever be abolished. Peers should never judge. Only Judges should, after years of study and exemplary behavior.

I am just sick. just sick.
And so angry I need to quit posting or it would get very ugly.

bananarama
07-05-2011, 02:57 PM
My heart is just broken. Poor Caylee Marie Anthony deserved so much more!

Nova
07-05-2011, 02:58 PM
I've always believed in our justice system. This was one of the reasons that I am so proud to be an American.

Not anymore. I'm just sick over this. This was the most unjust verdict that I've ever heard.

I've always wanted to serve in a trial and I happen to have just been assigned jury duty on 8/8/11. I am going to send my notification back and will write in that I do not wish to serve on it because I do not believe in the system. Of course, I will show up when I am supposed to but I will maintain my belief that I do not have faith in the system. I am pretty sure they'll excuse me.

I don't know what happened here. I've read that sequestration does strange things to juries, but maybe that's just a coincidence.

But don't give up on the system. I've been on two juries (one acquittal, one conviction) and both functioned quite well.

It's hard for us to imagine what the jury heard without all the extra noise we were getting and the discussions we were having when the jurors were forced to remain silent.

mrye4709
Can the judge rule for a mistrial now? This is not right, I am sick over this......

laniefi
Wow, just WOW.

I feel the same today as I did when the OJ verdit was read....

I do know one thing - that is one Thanksgiving dinner table I would NOT want to be at this year.

wonders
07-05-2011, 02:59 PM
I'm so sad and outraged for Caylee.
I don't understand. Caylee didn't do this to herself, her mother did.

GeorgieFayne
07-05-2011, 02:59 PM
I am shocked and appalled. It's like the OJ verdict all over again. I thought for sure she'd get manslaughter at the very least. But...nothing??

Now what will happen? Book deal? Media tour? Will George and Cindy take her back into their home?

billysmom
07-05-2011, 03:01 PM
OJ all over again! I am shaking and crying. So many will get rich off of Caylee's death. The devil wins!

missm
07-05-2011, 03:02 PM
I just came in, flipped on the TV after driving home, unaware there was any type of verdict coming.

I saw the "not guilty" runner on the bottom of the TV, and I fell to my knees and burst into tears. I feel physically sick to my stomach.

Cindy was smiling.

ziggy
07-05-2011, 03:02 PM
Absolutely sick. I don't understand how the jurors could look at pictures of Caylee's skull with duct tape on it and just let someone walk for that disgusting crime. I guess they believed she drowned and George dumped her. Go figure. Sequestration is not good. I wonder how many of them lost their nads to vote on their convictions because they just wanted out of there.

CookieF
07-05-2011, 03:03 PM
I am so done. That, folks, is how you get away with murder.

Nenato5
07-05-2011, 03:05 PM
This grandmother has just lost all faith in our justice system. Sad day for America.

missm
07-05-2011, 03:06 PM
Linda and Jeff-

I don't know what to say. They must be the only ones more stunned than we are. God bless them both.

The unfairness and disgust is literally making my mouth completely dry. How can somebody do the wrong thing and get rewarded for it? REWARDED?

People are going to be crazed and angry about this. I won't be surprised if there is vigilante justice taken. A 2 year old baby murdered. And nothing happens to the guilty.

newsjunkie
07-05-2011, 03:06 PM
I am in shock! Karma will come quickly - who wants a child-killer as a friend, a spouse... a daughter. Life will be hard.

Do you think she will be in gen. pop. if she gets any time at all?

TexanMom
07-05-2011, 03:07 PM
That had to be a stacked jury! There is no other explanation!

gitana1
07-05-2011, 03:08 PM
I have been unable to get on the thread. Sick. Sick to my stomach. Completely opposite of what I predicted. I could not have been more wrong. Listening to the verdict was like a dream - a nightmare. Even the clerk was horrified. Her voice shook as she read it.

Now casey, the sociopath, who killed her kid in part because she didn't want to work, will get book deals, interview money, a movie deal, etc. She won't have to work.

I am stunned and very, very saddened. It is not justice.

dvdman
07-05-2011, 03:09 PM
Unfortunately things like this have happened in the past and will happen again.
Your average citizen has NO business being on a jury. They don't understand the complex nature of the U.S. criminal law. Does anyone remember how much crap Judge Perry read to them before they went off to deliberate? I was confused and I think I understand the law pretty well. I guess they felt it was "easier" for them to find her not guilty and then to find her guilty. If that makes any sense. Boy did they pick some geniuses on that jury.

donnam
I have no words

Imbackon
I'm physically il. No justice for Caylee.

Peekaboo10
I'm not a mother & I don't need to be to feel sick over this outcome, I am truly shocked.

zachs mema
07-05-2011, 03:12 PM
It's over. how many times does Caylee have to be let down? I am so disgusted, angry and insane with grief

missm
07-05-2011, 03:13 PM
Can Judge Perry overturn this verdict?

Is there any hope?

If he had the power to give death on murder 1 if the jury voted against it, can he overturn this verdict completely?

tsitra01
I am heartbroken........... Caylee didn't matter........Letting her lay in the swamp......didn't matter........lying to LE (WHAT FOR) didn't give the jury a hint.......car stench that still stinks....PAPER

She must be soooo excited....she can make money now....won't hav to steal for awhile. Cindy will be begging her return.....George better start packin.
He could be the next victim.

downport
My prayers for all here & this poor little child.

I cannot understand this any more than you. I have a deep and abiding faith in the Lord. We cannot always understand His ways & we know life is not always fair. We must find something, or a way, for some good to arise from this.

Solace
Casey will make a fortune now. Books, movies, made for tv movies and there will be more than one. Television appearances. Fagettabout it.

magnolia
07-05-2011, 03:15 PM
Well they obviously fell for JB's abuse story. Evidence that they were not even supposed to consider.

NSS
07-05-2011, 03:16 PM
.....and Cindys perjury assisted the DT, and now the state could charge her if they can prove it.

NO jurors want to talk to the media.

magnolia
07-05-2011, 03:16 PM

Is there any hope?

If he had the power to give death on murder 1 if the jury voted against it, can he overturn this verdict completely?

~NO~~~~

Enola
07-05-2011, 03:17 PM
So, Mr and Mrs Baez, will you be employing the 100% innocent Casey Anthony as a nanny? She'll need a job and you can trust her...

tragco
07-05-2011, 03:18 PM
What a great country we live in. Land of opportunity. Casey, no longer ICA, will never have to work a day in her life and is going to be a multimillionaire. Her father and Roy Kronk's reputations are destroyed. She has her "beautiful life."

And NO I did not base my opinion that she is guilty on the media as the elder member of the DT may think, thank you very much. I haven't turned on a TV in years. I pored through every document, watched every video, read every FBI report, and even read all the emails and letters.

HHJP will respect the jury and sentence her to time served.

PalmettoGirl
07-05-2011, 03:18 PM
Why am I not surprised that the jurors aren't speaking to the media. I bet they are scared to be identified.

Sharai
07-05-2011, 03:19 PM
I am in shock. I have followed this case from the beginning. I am appalled at the outcome. I believe KC got away with murder. At this time I cannot comprehend how the jury arrived at this verdict. Someone in my personal life recently was found culpable in a civil case (which I thought ought to have been tried as a criminal case). He filed and was granted voluntary bankruptcy. This individual was given, through the court system, the freedom to swindle a kind and caring individual out of $200,000 and will continue (as he has for twenty plus years) to prey upon other unsuspecting individuals. I humbly believe the U.S. Courts do uphold the laws of the country but unfortunately cannot and do not always discover truth and dispense justice. Casey Anthony's not guilty verdict, I believe, supports this reality.

Girlyloop
This is a complete tragedy. I am so disappointed.

repairmom
The saddest part of this verdict is that it happens everyday all over our country. Children don't matter in this society and in this system. I'm sick at heart. Poor Caylee.

This jury will be responsible for the next victim(s) of Casey Anthony.

Hope they can live with it, because she's a sociopath and there WILL be another victim.

Kavya01
I am vowing to ignore anything to do with ICA and never to support anything about her monetarily or time-wise. May Karma never fail.

complex
07-05-2011, 03:20 PM
i'm so sad and sorry. for caylee, for the prosecution team and for all of you here. how miserable. i had a dream this happened last night and when i woke up i told my husband what i feared since my dreams usually come true. she also was on a talk show telling her story in my dream. god forbid.

uklaw
Did Richard Hornsby and Jeff Dean speculate that KC may stay at home with one of the attorneys?

Oh my, this looks like it could be a disaster.

AquaEyes
Stunned and heartsick. There was decomposition fluid in her car trunk, both side's witnesses said so.

Mark 9:42--- And whosoever shall offend one of these little ones that believe in me, it is better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he were cast into the sea.

anb
07-05-2011, 03:21 PM
I am sick. Casey has a life of money and fame with no child to tie her down.

George will probably kill himself.

La Bella Vita.

gitana1
I have been unable to get on the thread. Sick. Sick to my stomach. Completely opposite of what I predicted. I could not have been more wrong. Listening to the verdict was like a dream - a nightmare. Even the clerk was horrified. Her voice shook as she read it.

Now casey, the sociopath, who killed her kid in part because she didn't want to work, will get book deals, interview money, a movie deal, etc. She won't have to work.

I am stunned and very, very saddened.

rose222
I hate the feeling I got when Judge Perry looked at the papers. I got the sick feeling. I am done with all things related to this after tonight. I don't even want to know her sentence.

AquaEyes
07-05-2011, 03:22 PM
I will never follow another case.

Aqua

pipkins
07-05-2011, 03:24 PM
I hope the jurors feel ashamed of their selves today. They were Caylees last chance at some sort of justice

The scales of justice are leaning heavily tonight

God Bless America but just who blesses the innocent American murdered child

Hisimage
My head is pounding. I do not understand this at all. Why? How does it not come across as murder? It makes no sense. How can they believe she is not guilty? What if it is because of JBs lie in opening statement.

Sick to my stomach!! Where will ICA go? she will always have the I before her name as far as I'm concerned. Poor GA , or maybe not--- he needs to get out of that house now.

RR0004
Is there no G-d? I am so sorry baby girl. This is not justice.

pipkins
I hope the jurors feel ashamed of their selves today. They were Caylees last chance at some sort of justice

Just K
07-05-2011, 03:26 PM
I said it weeks ago and i will say it again. This is a peek into what hell looks like. The entire DT and the defendant are the face of evil.

PoppyH
07-05-2011, 03:27 PM
What a sad sad day, no justice for Caylee , bless you sweet angel, one day your mother will face her judgement from god and be sent straight to hell

ColdDayIn
07-05-2011, 03:28 PM
Those 12 cowardly beings couldn't even show face and discuss their decision. This is mind boggling. I cannot wrap my mind around any scenario that they could have all unanimously found her not guilty on all the murder charges. I cannot believe HHJP let the verdict stand. I was so wrong about him. He had the choice to override and he chose not to. Has our world really come to the point that nobody but a handful of people will stand up for what's right? I am not proud to be an American today.

kathyn2
07-05-2011, 03:28 PM
I may get tossed off of here. Not sure. Don't mean to be rude. But this jury didn't have 3 brain cells to rub together. How could they possibly come to this decision. I was listening to some info about them and it seems that many have been involved with the law themselves. DUI's, beating a family member, and several other crimes. How did the prosecution let them on the jury??

princesspjs
07-05-2011, 03:30 PM
I don't know what happened here. I've read that sequestration does strange things to juries, but maybe that's just a coincidence.

But don't give up on the system. I've been on two juries (one acquittal, one conviction) and both functioned quite well.

It's hard for us to imagine what the jury heard without all the extra noise we were getting and the discussions we were having when the jurors were forced to remain silent.
Thanks for your insight from being on a jury in the past. I'm glad that your experience was a good one.

The thing that I can't get over is that SINCE (not if) the jury was 100% wrong and have found ICA not guilty of murdering Caylee when ALL of the evidence points straight to her I have to also admit that juries must have also been wrong the other way. That means that innocent people must have been convicted with our justice system. That is something that I can NOT and will not ever choose to be a part of. Ever.

Irish Frieke

I am stunned and very, very saddened. It is not justice.

Followed it on CNN tonight over here and I am in tears. Didn't want to get drawn in, but I was though I didn't post. Am sick for Caylee, she did not have justice.
But I think, even though Casey will get the interviews and the deals, she will just want to party and won't be smart with the money. Eventually she'll go through it and then discover that the media have moved on from her. Don't know when or how, but I'm certain we'll hear about her being in front of a judge again.

kahne9
My heart hurts so bad. I'm trying so very hard to stop crying In front of my kids. I'm sick about this. My 14 year old daughter started crying. I just can't believe this is happening! How in the world can the these people live their lives after this horrible choice they've made??? It's been a really long time since I've hurt this bad. It makes me SICK to have to look at her! Watching Baez hug her after the verdict is disgusting! It will take a very long time to get over the disgust and hurt I feel right now. The only justice in this case is... In the end, God WILL find her guilty of murdering Caylee.

RR0004
07-05-2011, 03:31 PM
Someone should remind CM of HIS early statement on her guilt. How dare he be so sanctimonious!

Poodleluver
07-05-2011, 03:32 PM
I heard that Cindy was smiling. I saw George & he didn't look happy. They actually left while the judge was addressing the jury. Does anyone think they will welcome her home? This is just jaw dropping. I kind of understood the OJ verdict because of the celebrity & the racial tensions in LA. But KC was an unknown & there was no other issue concerning her race, etc. I mean, HOW do they explain the 31 days? The stealing from her friend, mother, grandparents? Constant shopping at Target, the video store the VERY DAY Caylee supposedly died? The tattoo? The jailhouse call Linda played? I mean, come on!! What a huge WASTE of time sequestering this jury. They obviously didn't look at anything! I can't even watch any of the stations covering it in fear I will have to listen to Baez gloat & see KC smiling & laughing knowing she got away with murder! So the answer is to lie unabashedly!! Un-freaking-believable!!!!!!

Mysteeri
07-05-2011, 03:33 PM
Laboring for justice three years for nothing. I just found out today that something really stinks, yet it is to be ignored.

I`m sorry for everyone.

krt
07-05-2011, 03:34 PM
You know.......I joined this forum RIGHT after Haleigh Cummings went missing and was completed disgusted and then got absorbed in this case. I'm done. I am officially done. I am emotionally exhausted and disgusted! Goodluck to the rest of you that can handle researching/analyzing these cases......i can't do it anymore. God bless Caylee and May Karma come to ICA swiftly!!!

gmt
07-05-2011, 03:35 PM
JA, LDB, and all who worked hard for CAYLEE, our heart is with you.

Spyglass
What most of us feared from the beginning actually happened. She got away with it. There are no words.

rose222
What SHOCKS me is that they didn't even find her guilty of the lesser murder charges. I AM FEELING SICK. I bet the prosecution AND Judge Perry are feeling sick. 12 jurors who probably got in wanting to find her not guilty. That is the only explanation I can find. 12
Stealth jurors. The ones who were HONEST admitted that they thought she was guilty. These 12 jurors fooled us all.

Jaboom97
07-05-2011, 03:36 PM
Casey Anthony had a date
And wrapped her kid in silver tape
When the world knew what she deserved
The jury only gave her the time she served.

rose222
07-05-2011, 03:36 PM
Even with the Zenaida case Casey will settle that case with all the $$$$$$$$$$ she will get. She will be a millionaire in a couple of months.

vintagemuse
07-05-2011, 03:37 PM
I just don't understand...

I am so sad right now. I am shaking, on the verge of tears and I feel nauseous.

I didn't have much faith in the justice system here before, but now whatever I did have has been completely shot.

Poor baby Caylee. I'm sorry, baby girl. :(

Kavya01
May Karma be just to ALL involved in this whole ungodly mess. And may Caylee find SOME way to rest in peace. She will not be forgotten.

txanmom
Do we know anything about which juror was the foreman? I wonder if there wasn't one or two that bullied the others into their decision. My husband is a very forceful personality and just for joy or arrogance has served on a few juries and was only one or two with a particular view and bullied the rest into going with his decision. If the rest were tired an sick of the whole thing and did not realize the gravity of the public perception they might have just caved to get it over with.

I dunno.

I am sick right now. Anyone want to join me in a glass of wine? I am having one, to calm my nerves. I will never understand how in the world in Florida it's ok to chloroform, duct tape and drive around with your daughters rotting corpse until it stinks so much you chunk it into the woods for animals to chew on.

I hope this doesn't get me a time out. I will delete if necessary.

princesspjs

Is there any hope?

I am holding out about 1% hope on something that I noticed as Judge Perry was reading the rulings in front of ICA and JB. I noticed that when he read the 1st degree murder finding of the jury he looked up and said "At this time, I will adjudicate you not guilty" - that was the ONLY time he said that. He didn't say it before any of the other charges.

Does anyone think that maybe, just maybe Judge Perry might be able to correct this unjust verdict? I truly believe that Judge Perry knows the jury got it wrong. If ever there were a judge who would stand up and say the jury was wrong, I think it could be Judge Perry.

Is this possible? Or do you all think that I'm reading too much into what he said and just hanging on to any hope that may be left for justice to be served?

jen&jonhart
07-05-2011, 03:40 PM
To tell you the truth I am not surprised. 10 years ago a jury broke my familys heart with their verdict. I am so sick of murders walking but it happens evry day. God bless you Caylee. We all know the truth. Cold comfort.

4Jacy
07-05-2011, 03:41 PM
Oh, Caylee, you were so adorable and sweet. I'm so sorry for you. Just know that you were loved world wide.

My heart hurts, I am stunned and sick.

RR0004
I know this doesn't make any sense, but I feel I've let Caylee down. What more could I've done? How many more prayers could I have said? Did I not wish hard enough for justice? I wanted her spirit to soar knowing that her death was avenged. Oh, Caylee...please forgive me.

PlainJaneDoe
I want to know how I can't get away with skipping a day of school/work, but KC can get away with murder. Please, someone explain.

whiteangora

They must feel ashamed because they refuse to speak to the media nor do they want their names revealed.
This is beyond sickening. Not Guilty My A$$!

suzihawk
07-05-2011, 03:42 PM
I'm so stunned and sick that I can't even cry. I was crying when they said the verdict is in, but I can't even cry now. I'm numb and shell shocked.

By this weekend this child killer will be walking free and will soon be a wealthy woman. I wonder if she still has Tony's number? She can just pick right back up with her beautiful life. I wonder if Cindy is planning a chili dinner for her homecoming where no one speaks of it so as to not upset her?

I'm appalled and heartsick as well as physically sick.

What could this jury possibly be thinking? Who do they think killed Caylee and threw her in a ditch like garbage? They don't want to speak to the media. I don't blame them. I hate to be one to criticize a jury but they should be ashamed. I have to wonder if they just didn't want to deal with it anymore since they knew they'd have to serve more time for the penalty phase.

I just cannot believe it. Justice was not served today. It's a very dark day for justice.

I'm so sorry little Caylee. May you RIP in spite of your family and not receiving justice. Know that thousands of people will love and care for you forever.

I have so many questions...

tragco
07-05-2011, 03:43 PM
I am holding out about 1% hope on something that I noticed as Judge Perry was reading the rulings in front of ICA and JB. I noticed that when he read the 1st degree murder finding of the jury he looked up and said "At this time, I will adjudicate you not guilty" - that was the ONLY time he said that. He didn't say it before any of the other charges.

Does anyone think that maybe, just maybe Judge Perry might be able to correct this unjust verdict? I truly believe that Judge Perry knows the jury got it wrong. If ever there were a judge who would stand up and say the jury was wrong, I think it could be Judge Perry.

Is this possible? Or do you all think that I'm reading too much into what he said and just hanging on to any hope that may be left for justice to be served?

Rip the bandaid off quick. I am in tears. No, HHJP respects this jury too much to overturn the verdict. She is walking.

krisskross
07-05-2011, 03:44 PM
Well, I guess you can get away with murder.
Casey Anthony has been adjudged not guilty but that in no way means innocent. These jurors got the sanitized version of this girls story. There is much they are unaware of. But that is how the system works.

Whilst personally gutted, I have to think these jurors followed the law and believed the defense had raised a reasonable doubt.

The name Casey Anthony will imo always be synonymous with OJ Simpson. She too got away with murder.

So sorry Caylee xxx

sappysoul
I just simply cannot understand how 12 people can agree she had nothing to do with Caylee's death. How??

JBounds
I am speechless and sick to my stomach. If anyone out there wants to kill their child, go ahead you will be aquitted.

Jen38
To say my heart is sick is an understatement.

I have no other words.

robmom
07-05-2011, 03:45 PM
When they came back this fast, I knew they'd found her not guilty. I was afraid this would happen. I'm even willing to give them the benefit of the doubt until I re-look at those pictures of Casey partying it up for those 31 days. I just do not understand how that jury could see that behavior and believe she was mourning or it was an accident. The talking heads always say we have to respect the jury blah blah blah. I don't have to respect them and I don't.

JenniferTx
07-05-2011, 03:46 PM
I am sad to say that our justice system has failed Caylee Marie! I am still in such shock I feel like I must be still sleeping and this is just a really bad dream. Was this jury watching the same trial like all of us were? OMG! This just can't be happening.

Zinvestigator
07-05-2011, 03:46 PM
I resign. From crime.

Until the Caylee/Casey Anthony case, I wasn’t a blogger or even a “true-crime advocate for justice”. This particular case, for like many of you, grabbed me somehow, stirred me, grasped my attention in a way no other case had; not Haleigh Cummings (though I was thoroughly interested in that one!), Kyron Horman (I dropped that one along with everyone else), Zahra Baker, Hailey Dunn and so on and so on and on.

Today’s verdict of “Not Guilty” was as stunning to me as O.J’s not guilty verdict and I’m resigning my interest in all of this madness from this day forward. I have devoted 3 years of my time, energy and emotions to this case and to be honest, it isn’t, wasn’t and will never be, worth it.

And Casey Anthony is going to walk. Free.

Even her lying to law enforcement will be rewarded, not punished but rewarded with time served for 4 misdemeanors. And being the model prisoner that she is, she’ll get the 4th year off for “good behaviour”. It’s enough to make me vomit.

I enjoyed being part of the Websleuths family, was delighted when Tricia got the radio show up and running on Blogtalk, the whole nine yards really.

But enough is enough, to quote Judge Perry. I am reclaiming my life and I will never get this involved in a crime case every again (though those that know me don’t believe me!).

I’m looking forward to losing the 12 lbs. I gained sitting on my arse, reading and contributing to blogs, and finally being rid of Nancy Grace.

Good luck to all of you dedicated, caring and devoted people who seek justice for those with no voice. I admire each and every one of you, enjoyed your comments and thoughts but I just cannot do it anymore.

I pray I don’t hear about the next child victim – or adult for that matter, because I have come to realise that what I think and feel doesn’t matter. Not one iota.

Best wishes to each and every one of you and God bless Judge Belvin Perry who tried his hardest and his very best to get justise for Caylee Marie Anthony. Who is now, nothing but dust - and even less than that to her own mother.

So sad, so very sad.

Zinvestigator

Bex23
07-05-2011, 03:47 PM
This is my first ever post here, though I've been lurking for a while. I've been following this case from the UK and just had to write to say how much my heart ached when I heard the verdict. I cannot believe it. Words fail me.

MAL954
Who'd a thought it was possible to assemble a jury of dumb<snips> even more clueless than the OJ 12? Go know.

Steven30CA
I understand if they have found her GUILTY on manslaughter... AND They refused to talk to the media and Judge Perry is STILL sealing the jurys' names....... thats fishy..... JMO

txanmom
07-05-2011, 03:48 PM
I know this doesn't make any sense, but I feel I've let Caylee down. What more could I've done? How many more prayers could I have said? Did I not wish hard enough for justice? I wanted her spirit to soar knowing that her death was avenged. Oh, Caylee...please forgive me.

This is heartbreaking. I didn't cry until I read this. I feel I let her down as well.

pinkfairy
07-05-2011, 03:48 PM
I am so sick right now. It will be interesting to see what she gets caught doing in the future. A leopard doesn't changes its spots.

cityslick
07-05-2011, 03:49 PM
This bashing of the jury is sickening. They came to the conclusion they came to because all 12 of them didn't think the state proved their case. Juries are instructed to follow the law as instructed. It doesn't mean they think she didn't do anything, it just means to them, the state didn't prove she did.

Honestly, I'm surprised she didn't even get manslaughter or child abuse. The child died in her care. I thought that meant child abuse.

Granna6
.....and Cindys perjury assisted the DT, and now the state could charge her if they can prove it.

NO jurors want to talk to the media.

In a total perversion of justice, Cindy could end up serving more time than Casey.

Cherry Ames
The folks on this jury need to be named and shamed. Makes me ashamed to be a Floridian.

curiositycat
07-05-2011, 03:50 PM
What a sad day in the USA. You can murder your kid, party for 31 days, throw her body in a trash dump, and then probably grow rich from talking about it.

I will bet that as we speak someone is visiting her in that jail, offering her upfront money for a book deal.

I am sick to my stomach, and heartbroken for Caylee.

sappysoul
07-05-2011, 03:51 PM
Never underestimate the stupidity of our fellow human beings. I'm just surprised they could find 12 of them to put in same room at the same time. You would think the law of averages would allow for at least one of them to have some sense.

Nova24
If they had found her NG in 1st but guilty of Agg Man or Agg CA I could understand it, but this is nothing short of absurd.

I feel shattered that Caylee gets no justice on earth as her mother threw her away like trash but believe God is good and justice will come to ICA one day.

I'm grateful for SA and all the detectives, etc. that fought for justice for Caylee. I'm grateful to all the strangers that loved her more than her own mother.

gibby207

I feel the same way. I've cried since the verdict. I turned off the TV and haven't watched since. I feel I've let Caylee down. How was this not enough? What more could have been done? People can just murder their children in Florida and get away with it?

For 3 years I've been with all of you on this board analyzing and talking and laughing and crying together. I'm really floored by this verdict. Maybe I'm too sensitive for this world.

Poor Caylee.

I dunno about being on WS anymore. I think I'm too sensitive.

Poor Caylee.

newsjunkie
I am sick. Casey has a life of money and fame with no child to tie her down.

George will probably kill himself.

La Bella Vita.

RUN GEORGE RUN! DON'T WALK, RUN AWAY FROM THIS DISASTER! :tears:

kahne9
07-05-2011, 03:52 PM
There are no words to describe the horrible hurt and pain that I feel right now. My hurt hurts so bad right now. I can't remember the last time I hurt this bad! My 14 year old daughter cried right along with me. How can the jury live with the choice they've made??? The only thing that will put my heart at ease is knowing that God will judge her! Like it says in my favorite bible verse... Jeremiah 29:11 " For I know the plans I have for you"...... God will hold her accountable for the murder of her child! I have more faith in God than anyone else. It's very sad that this happened but God has a reason for the decision that was made today.

WillenFan21
07-05-2011, 03:52 PM
I am very shocked over this verdict. I found Websleuths 3 years ago come September because of this case. I have been following ever since Nancy Grace covered it back in July of 2008 when it first started happening. I am just so shocked over this. I NEVER thought that she'd get off scott free. I didn't want her to get the DP because of George and Cindy Anthony going through so much but I at least thought she would get life in prison. I just cannot believe this. :grouphug:

kathyn2
07-05-2011, 03:53 PM
I bet Cindy kicks George out and let's Casey back to live her with. I wouldn't doubt it at all. What a travesty. How can those jurors live with themselves. Throwing a baby under the bus so this killer could go free. WHY???

megsie
07-05-2011, 03:53 PM
I am simply stunned by this. I cannot believe this jury acquitted Casey. I will not buy any book or watch any interview that anyone on the defense team (including Casey herself) puts out there. I don't want ANYONE involved in this case to make money off of this travesty of justice.

repairmom
07-05-2011, 03:54 PM
I can only hope that Zanaida Gonzales wins an enormous, huge ridiculously high verdict in her defamation case. At least that way maybe Casey won't be able to profit from Caylee's death.

newsjunkie
07-05-2011, 03:54 PM
Someone should remind CM of HIS early statement on her guilt. How dare he be so sanctimonious!

Thanks button was not enough!
:goodpost: :gthanks:

Granna6
07-05-2011, 03:55 PM
Do we know anything about which juror was the foreman? I wonder if there wasn't one or two that bullied the others into their decision. My husband is a very forceful personality and just for joy or arrogance has served on a few juries and was only one or two with a particular view and bullied the rest into going with his decision. If the rest were tired an sick of the whole thing and did not realize the gravity of the public perception they might have just caved to get it over with.

I dunno.

I am sick right now. Anyone want to join me in a glass of wine? I am having one, to calm my nerves. I will never understand how in the world in Florida it's ok to chloroform, duct tape and drive around with your daughters rotting corpse until it stinks so much you chunk it into the woods for animals to chew on.

I hope this doesn't get me a time out. I will delete if necessary.

If that is what happened, then it is "peer pressure" at its "finest." I thought that myself. Some bully probably went into action, kowtowing the others into submission. Well, I'm one who would refuse to be bullied by fellow jurors. I don't mind standing against a thousand if I am convinced I am right and just in a stance. I cannot for the life of me imagine TWELVE PEOPLE unanimous on this! I've heard of jurors say, "Well, we all thought X was guilty, but we had to vote lesser because the state did not prove the case." I think that's a possiblity here, too.

buckeyefan1
If not Casey, who?

uklaw
Did Richard Hornsby and Jeff Dean speculate that KC may stay at home with one of the attorneys?

Forensic fan
I am speechless. Well, she knows what she did, everyone else knows what she did and The Man Upstairs knows, too. Her life will be miserable anyway, and no chance of Heaven.

Etiana
07-05-2011, 03:56 PM
I think I'll just keep reposting my original post because I have no other words right now.

kathyn2
07-05-2011, 03:56 PM
I do have 1 more comment and then I may have to leave all the hub bub for a while as it makes me ill.

But one problem with this case was that the forensic evidence was poor. Cindy made sure of that by washing everything in the trunk and Casey made sure by lying for 31 days giving the body time to rot. There wasn't much left to prove she didn't anything but I still feel there was just as much as the Peterson case and her actions spoke louder than words. Its really a shame Cindy washed away so much evidence. I hear she was smiling big when they left the court. I bet she kicks George out and lets KC back home.

rose222
07-05-2011, 03:57 PM
To all the wonderful members of Websleuths

I am SICK about this verdict. I will no longer anything to do with this case.

I thank the prosecution team for their hard work.

I will no longer post or read here on websleuths. I know there are other trials that deserve attention but I cannot face them.

I pray for each and every one of you to move on, to heal, to live to the highest standards of ethics and morals...

Thank you.

zachs mema
07-05-2011, 03:57 PM
I'm done and disgusted. and so very sad
I can't do this anymore. I really like all you guys, but I just can't do this anymore

repairmom
07-05-2011, 03:58 PM
Now I DO hope they charge Cindy with perjury!

princesspjs

Those attorneys are going to want to keep her as close to them as they can - They all want to have one hand in her pocket (some of them more than others).

Whoever can keep her happy will get their share of the profits for sending this murderer back on the streets.

Flossie JMO
Heartbroken here too, was so worried this would happen. Jose did indeed create reasonable doubt :(

dvdman
07-05-2011, 03:59 PM
She will have the same type of life O.J. did and we know how that has turned out. He did not get book or movies deals. No one is going to pay to read or see the story of a person getting away with murder. No one is going to want to be associated with her. What man would want to risk even having a family with her? She may have be found guilty by this jury but in the court of public opinion she is still a child
killer. It is what it is.

AVMAURA
07-05-2011, 03:59 PM
Those 12 cowardly beings couldn't even show face and discuss their decision. This is mind boggling. I cannot wrap my mind around any scenario that they could have all unanimously found her not guilty on all the murder charges. I cannot believe HHJP let the verdict stand. I was so wrong about him. He had the choice to override and he chose not to. Has our world really come to the point that nobody but a handful of people will stand up for what's right? I am not proud to be an American today.

I have voiced a few times from start of trial IMHO that judge ruled in favor of defense...after today it was sealed for me.

There is no justice.....there is no god.....there is only a world full of corrupt evil people....I am going to go under my covers and hybrinate for awhile....

Poor sweet Caylee will never rest in peace

kathyn2
07-05-2011, 04:00 PM
I won't be buying any of that stuff nor will I buy anything this jury tries to peddle. I hope they keep quiet and that we never hear from them again. They should be ashamed of themselves.

I am simply stunned by this. I cannot believe this jury acquitted Casey. I will not buy any book or watch any interview that anyone on the defense team (including Casey herself) puts out there. I don't want ANYONE involved in this case to make money off of this travesty of justice.

JSV
No Justice for poor Caylee Marie Anthony .

Oakley
1) lies and obfuscation by the A's and dt confused the jury

2) JP gave much latitude to dt's shenanigans

3). Jury wanted to go home

No justice for Caylee

JSR
I'm speechless. I'm so sad for Caylee Marie. She was not protected in life and has been failed even in death.

ICA will be a free woman by this weekend. CA will kick GA out of the house and ICA will live with her mother and continue to live her bella vita. She will never have to work another day in her horrid life.

jen&jonhart
I resign. From crime.

Until the Caylee/Casey Anthony case, I wasn’t a blogger or even a “true-crime advocate for justice”. This particular case, for like many of you, grabbed me somehow, stirred me, grasped my attention in a way no other case had; not Haleigh Cummings (though I was thoroughly interested in that one!), Kyron Horman (I dropped that one along with everyone else), Zahra Baker, Hailey Dunn and so on and so on and on.

Today’s verdict of “Not Guilty” was as stunning to me as O.J’s not guilty verdict and I’m resigning my interest in all of this madness from this day forward. I have devoted 3 years of my time, energy and emotions to this case and to be honest, it isn’t, wasn’t and will never be, worth it.

And Casey Anthony is going to walk. Free.

Even her lying to law enforcement will be rewarded, not punished but rewarded with time served for 4 misdemeanors. And being the model prisoner that she is, she’ll get the 4th year off for “good behaviour”. It’s enough to make me vomit.

I enjoyed being part of the Websleuths family, was delighted when Tricia got the radio show up and running on Blogtalk, the whole nine yards really.

But enough is enough, to quote Judge Perry. I am reclaiming my life and I will never get this involved in a crime case every again (though those that know me don’t believe me!).

I’m looking forward to losing the 12 lbs. I gained sitting on my arse, reading and contributing to blogs, and finally being rid of Nancy Grace.

Good luck to all of you dedicated, caring and devoted people who seek justice for those with no voice. I admire each and every one of you, enjoyed your comments and thoughts but I just cannot do it anymore.

I pray I don’t hear about the next child victim – or adult for that matter, because I have come to realise that what I think and feel doesn’t matter. Not one iota.

Best wishes to each and every one of you and God bless Judge Belvin Perry who tried his hardest and his very best to get justise for Caylee Marie Anthony. Who is now, nothing but dust - and even less than that to her own mother.

So sad, so very sad.

Zinvestigator

We cant give up. Thats what evil wants us to do.I used to feel the same way after my family didnt get the verdict we wanted. If you give up evil wins.I had to tell my sister that evry day. If you give up they win. Thanks to all of you who have been here seeking justice for Caylee.You shine a light in the darkness so truth is reveled.Never give up we know the truth and so does Caylee.

January.
I am APPALLED, SHOCKED, and SICK. Complete injustice for an innocent baby girl who didn't even get a chance at life. I have lost ALL faith in the American justice system. The jury may not know the truth, but the rest of the WORLD does.

Mysti88c
07-05-2011, 04:01 PM
I was wondering if Ron Goldman's family was sad today, reliving in their minds the horrible day that justice was denied to their child.

Lovejac
I didn't think I would hurt this much....

Kitty Kat
I feel absolutely sick over it too! I wish I had a Valium or Xanax right now because I really feel like I need one.

I had my doubts that she would be found guilty of 1st degree murder but she should have been found guilty of SOMETHING!! Whether it was intentional or an accident, as a mother you are responsible for the well being of your children. If something happens to your child it is your job to do what you can to protect that child, in life and death. You cannot just dump your child like a piece of trash and continue on your life as if they didn't matter. At the very least it was a negligent homicide..

SmoothOperator
What happened today is part of our justice system.. It is flawed, as are all human related creations.. But just as is done with all of these human related creations when tbe flaws are found THEY ARE NOT IGNORED, or coVered for repair with say even some duct tape.. Those flaws are repaired, fixed, improved and with each flaw repaired and even improved the creation becomes a better working and functioning machine.. Our justice system is far from a well oiled, smooth working machine.. It's not even an adequate working machine.. Not when that machine has failed the most innocent of all human beings, failed the complete embodiment of all that is good and pure that we have left in this evil world.. When a completely innocent and very definition of defenseless in every single solitary way.. That Ill functioning machine has produced the ENTIRE OPPOSITE EVERYTHING THIS MACHINE HAS BEEN BUILT TO DO.. to see that justice is served!!!

Not only was justice NOT served..this most innocent and defenseless of all human life has been slaughtered in vain by zero fault of and at the murderous, self serving, and all emcompassing of the purest of evil that walks the face of this earth.. This baby GIRL's "mother".. Caylee today was proven to just not matter.. Lady justice who is not ONly blind but IMO broken.. This broken justice instead of producing the very thing of which it was created to produce.. JUSTICE!! Instead this broken machine that is our justice system null and voided the life of our most innocent and defenseless.. Our justice system instead rewarded/awarded a full embodied of nothing but blackness amd self serving evil!! A brutal murderer today was REWARDED/AWARDED FOR BEING A DAMN FINE AND EFFICIENT KILLER!!

RWARDED/AWARDED FOR BEING A MIGHTY FINE LIAR! skilled in the sheer artistry of the act of lying, conniving, deceiving!!

A victim of the murder of all murders at the hands of her very own flesh and blood mother!!! Caylee's pain filled, terror stricken, huge brown eyes and the last thing those eyes saw and were looking into was the face of evil, the face of a monster, her very own "mother"!!!!

That victim, Caylee her life was proven today to be of zero worth.. The monster that murdered WAS REWARDED/AWARDED FOR BEING A GREAT VICIOUS KILLER.. for doing one helluva bang up job In slaughtering her precious daughter, Caylee!!!! Rewarded for doing a bang up job of then chunking her tiny, lifeless body literally to the wolves to have their way with!!*

And that monster was REWARDED FOR SPENDING THOSE FOLLOWING 31DAYS PARTYING AMD CELEBRATING HER NOW BEAUTIFUL LIFE.. BELLA VITA!!!*

The broken and ill working machine of justice handed out top of the line AWARDS/REWARDS to a monster for doing a fabulous job of murdering a defenseless and helpless being, tossing her into the garbage, and lying, conniving, and wasting millions of dollars with her OSCAR Winning performance for lying and covering up that murder!!

The machine of justice is broken.. Severely flawed and if this is ignored, patched up with a little duct tape, and not fixed you can expect for more defenseless, innocent *life to be lost and that murderer to be awarded for doing a bang up job of murdering amd covering up the murder..*

Continue to ignore, but you better pray and pray hard that you or even one of your innocent, defenseless children NOT become one of these free walking, full embodiment of all that is evil murderers that we share our sidewalks with.. Pray to God you or your child not end up a victim of that evil and then to have the ill working machine of justice REWARD THE EVIL AND MONSTROUS MURDERER THAT YOU OR YOUR CHILD ARE THE VICTIM OF.. Unfixed, still broken, and extremely flawed machine of justice will too produce the result we have here to today.. Injustice and REWARDING ALL THAT IT IS EVIL..

No change, no demanding of improvements to this broken creation could soon be rewarding the murderer that slaughtered you or even your defenseless child.. That I can guarantee..

Today justice was not served and infact just the opposite a murdering, lying, conniving MONSTER was rewarded for being one helluva a mighty fine killer and a pathological liar..*
Evil won today and our flawed system produced that WIN!!

nostoneunturned
Justice will be served....Cindy and George can deal with her NOW!

olive
07-05-2011, 04:02 PM
Finally I can log in. Server been down for me since before verdict.

I am indeed heartbroken. Been crying.

I was for sure this was a slam dunk for prosecution....until Baez's closing statements. And then I went "uh oh".

Casey is guilty. Who is there for Caylee? Caylee...we are. We don't know you. We love you.

I'm not religious. But my mom and I were texting each other after the verdict and I wrote her "I sure wish I could believe in heaven right now" and she said "trust me, there is a heaven" and I could only reply "at this point, I'll take your word for it".

sleutherer
07-05-2011, 04:03 PM
George and Cindy Anthony quietly left the courtroom after the verdict...

No joy, no celebration, no attempt to approach their murdering daughter.

Actions > words.

GolferChick
07-05-2011, 04:04 PM
Title of this thread is exactly how I'm feeling...

I am sick to my stomach and heartbroken for Caylee...no justice for her today. A travesty of justice; I have lost all my faith in the judicial system (at least today).

This jury must have suspended all logical thinking; not even aggravated child abuse or manslaughter. They bought all of Baez' and the DT's lies -- they had to in order to come to this verdict. How ironic -- now we have to watch the media scramble to interview Casey, make her and her DT rock stars so they can continue to lie about what happened? Lies upon lies upon lies... I am stunned and it will take me months to get over this injustice....

AnotherGladysKravitz
07-05-2011, 04:04 PM

I cannot wait until the Infamous 12 see that little tidbit. :maddening::banghead::loser::sick:

Rail_Tracer
07-05-2011, 04:05 PM
I think most of us feel the same way today. We feel sick, shocked, and heartbroken because of this verdict. We want to know why Caylee was taken away. Why did she suffer? And why is no one being made to pay for this hideous crime? We want life to be fair. We want to make it fair.

If you have faith that all things will eventually be made whole, then be patient. You know it's coming.

Otherwise, do what you can. Learn from this experience. Serve on a jury. Consider working with kids in foster care. Speak up if you see a child being mistreated. Think of all the things that could have gone differently in Caylee's life if only someone had done/said something sooner. It's not a waste. Feeling sick to your stomach and heartsick is good in a way. It means you're not a psychopath.

joyless
07-05-2011, 04:05 PM
So this means in Florida a person can let their helpless 2 yearold go " missing" not report it...have her turn up murdered with the only evidence pointing at the mother...NOONE ELSE HAS BEEN IMPLICATED...and a murderer wAlks free. Outrageous! So then who the h#!! Did it? Did she duct tape her own mouth and bag herself up and lay down in a darn swamp to decompose? I have never seen such a miscarriage of justice. I am hearttbroken to say the least. That jury should be ashamed.

deelytful1
07-05-2011, 04:06 PM
Watching video right now of the defense team at a bar "celebrating" with tequila shots. Do u think they'll do a toast for caylee???? :sick:

buckeyefan1
Those attorneys are going to want to keep her as close to them as they can - They all want to have one hand in her pocket (some of them more than others).

Whoever can keep her happy will get their share of the profits for sending this murderer back on the streets.

I wonder if she will move in with the good looking lawyer she was flirting with at the end. A girl like her will be looking for a good lay right off the bat.

I just can't get over the verdict and the fact that CA didn't really love Caylee as much as the act she put on when she was on the stand.

LucyVino
I am sick so sad and don't have faith in justice. Wonder if Lee was not in court because he thought this would happen?

ehough22
I am shocked and appalled right now, but the one thing I am grateful for is having a place to go where everyone feels the same. I'm at work trying not to cry and when I get home my husband just will not explanation my tears for a baby I never met. So I am glad to have others in the same spot, though saddened that we're here. How? How did this happen? What trial were they watching where Casey wasn't guilty of anything related to her death? I think the jury wanted to go home. The fact that not one was brave enough to speak is very telling. We need an explanation, and their decision defies explanation.

JBounds
07-05-2011, 04:07 PM
Gurantee you she will have a bodyguard 24/7

Edamama
Am am sickened and heart broken over the injustice Caylee was served today. All I can think of as I had to step away for a while was Casey's next moves. Her basking in glory as she plays games with the news channels fighting for the first interview. The money she will make on those interviews, the books, etc. How much she will LOVE it when approached by movie directors and having her egotistical say in who will play her. The boob jobs, the new hair style, the shopping.

But what sent me over the edge was realizing that she was now free to again become pregnant and wonder how long it will be before she brings another life into this world to destroy again somehow. She is free to breed and that terrifies me. I can only imagine her saying she is doing it in Caylee's honor or some twisted sheet as that. Makes me ill.

My husband says that as hated as she is, she wont be on this earth long. One can hope fate will right wrongs in some manner...

Brassband
This trial should have been held in Italy dagnabit!

JennaB
What SHOCKS me is that they didn't even find her guilty of the lesser murder charges. I AM FEELING SICK. I bet the prosecution AND Judge Perry are feeling sick. 12 jurors who probably got in wanting to find her not guilty. That is the only explanation I can find. 12
Stealth jurors. The ones who were HONEST admitted that they thought she was guilty. These 12 jurors fooled us all.

She will have the same type of life O.J. did and we know how that has turned out. He did not get book or movies deals. No one is going to pay to read or see the story of a person getting away with murder. No one is going to want to be associated with her. What man would want to risk even having a family with her? She may have be found guilty by this jury but in the court of public opinion she is still a child
killer. It is what it is.

I think the most Casey will get is a book deal. As for movie deals I doubt it. I don't even think Lifetime would be stupid enough to get involved with the Anthonys. Movie studios, screenwriters and producers wouldn't waste money making movies about this case. Casey's reputation will always be tarnished. Many people will not want to associate with her because they would always be questioning if she did it or not. Also her accusations against Lee and George will never be proven and I can people wanting stay away with her because of those possibly false accusations.

newsjunkie
07-05-2011, 04:08 PM
I feel absolutely sick over it too! I wish I had a Valium or Xanax right now because I really feel like I need one.

I had my doubts that she would be found guilty of 1st degree murder but she should have been found guilty of SOMETHING!! Whether it was intentional or an accident, as a mother you are responsible for the well being of your children. If something happens to your child it is your job to do what you can to protect that child, in life and death. You cannot just dump your child like a piece of trash and continue on your life as if they didn't matter. At the very least it was a negligent homicide..

Wasn't she initially charged with child neglect just for "leaving her with a babysitter that kidnapped her?" In the same line of thought, shouldn't she have been found guilty of the manslaughter charges for her "accidental death and the cover-up?"

Zephyr
Another OJ moment... can't help feeling that sequestration of Juries leads to them punishing the system.

Yeah, I imagine the jurors might begin to identify with the defendant after being isolated from normal human contact for awhile. And also feel less interest in rendering a verdict that they know reflects what most people want.

So frustrating!

JMO

AdoraBlue
I hope Cindy is prosecuted for perjury and obstruction of justice.

Is there any hope that ICA can be prosecuted for a federal crime?

And I also hope Mr. Morgan gets every dime ICA ever gets her hands on to satisfy ZFG's claim.

The State Attorney said it all when he said that because of the delay in finding Caylee's remains most likely resulted in this miscarriage of justice.

dilbert
It is a sad fact but society values the life of an adult more than that of a child.

Rest in Peace Caylee.

freshmom
I am in shock like the rest of you. One thing that keeps popping into my head is something a lawyer friend said to me after the OJ trial:
"Not guilty is simply a legal term. It means the evidence did prove guilt to the jury beyond a reasonable doubt. It DOES NOT mean innocent."

I will continue to pray that justice is somehow served.

MAL954
I'd gladly sign a petition that any Florida juror eligible to sit on a capital case be required to first take a basic intelligence test like the Wonderlic to qualify for consideration.

Brassband
Gurantee you she will have a bodyguard 24/7

And in rides LP with his 10 gallon hat.

JSR
Watching video right now of the defense team at a bar "celebrating" with tequila shots. Do u think they'll do a toast for caylee???? :sick:

They don't give a ***** about Caylee. Apparently no one on that jury does either. I've entered the raving pissed off stage about the verdict.

Ilenser
07-05-2011, 04:09 PM
I don't want to hear WHATEVER CA has to say!!

I dont ever want to hear her voice again.

Sorry that is how I feel!

feddup

I feel the same way you do. NO justice for Caylee:(
Did you see CA smile when they read the not guilty verdict?
I dont know why, I dont know this family but I have learned there are some very sick, dysfunctional people out there.
If GA lets this horrible daughter move back in then I will really lose respect for him after she tried to use HIM to save herself from this mess she created. I couldve never done that to my Dad and now everyone will look at him strangely. (because of Casey accusations)
I just feel so sorry for Caylee, being tossed into that swamp and didnt even live to her 3rd birthday. :(
Its like no one cares. But I want nothing to do with the "justice" system from now o. Its a joke. ALL she got charged with was lying to LE?????:banghead:
If she was innocent, why the lies?

Angelonline
I have followed since day one and I am so so upset! I am at work and trying not to fall apart. I called my 16 year at home and told her to watch the verdict, she has not followed the case other than what I have told her about it. About 15 minutes after the verdict she sent me a text that said "mom I cannot stop crying". Not realizing she was talking about that verdict, I said "why whats wrong?" She said "that poor baby girl". I about lost it when I got the text! It is a sad sad day in Florida and through out the United States when someone can get away with something so henious, especially when there is such a large amount of evidence.

JennaB
I do hope karma comes onto Casey and the defense team. People have pointed out what happened to OJ and his DT.

CharlestonGal
07-05-2011, 04:10 PM
Imagine those jurors going home tonight and flipping on the TV to see the absolute outrage of the whole country. I wonder if any of them at that point will say, "uh-ohhhhh....what have we done?" When they find out this whole story I imagine a few of them are going to be mortified.

md89
I have no words..

stilettos
I am :sick: disgusted and offended.

thatswhatshesaid
Thank you, Zinvestigator, I could have written your post and I, too, am done with crime, trials, discussions, etc. The prosecution case was not air tight, but many, MANY other cases have had convictions on less evidence, and my faith in the jury/court system has one more, rather large, crack in already shaky foundation.

Thanks to all the WS Mods, members, FL members who put up the Document Dumps, and all lurkers who had love and desire for justice for Caylee in your hearts.

Faenorwyn
You're not the only one. I think that something is terribly wrong with the system. At least that's how it feels right now. I'm sickened. My jaw hit the FLOOR when they said not guilty....not guilty....not guilty...I just couldn't believe it. I've been crying ever since. Three long years I have followed this case. I cannot IMAGINE how the detectives and prosecution team must feel - they have lived and breathed this case for so long now - they must feel devastated.

MAL954
The OJs 2.0: dumb and gutless

Kavya01
07-05-2011, 04:11 PM
1) lies and obfuscation by the A's and dt confused the jury

2) JP gave much latitude to dt's shenanigans

3). Jury wanted to go home

No justice for Caylee

Freaking the truth alright. SHAME on them! SHAME!

Oh my word this has to be just a nightmare, right? So sorry. So sorry Caylee.

EnquiringMind
I am stunned. Stunned and horrified. Is this really the best these jurors could do? Really? What a screwed up process. Juries apparently don't work. My opinion only. I am just absolutely ill. WTF just happened?

What cowards they were to not come forward and explain themselves. I imagine they will be calling or responding to contacts from the media once they get home and figure out how to put a price tag on their inside (lack of) information.

Yuck. Just yuck. I may never bother to follow something like this again.

CharlestonGal
Defense is having a party in the restaurant across the street, champagne and all. I hope they choke on it.

GoneWithTheWind
My heart is broken. I have lost all faith in people. No, Caylee will not rest. This murderer will be out with time served, and will now on the nearest pole living the life she wanted without Caylee. OMG I'm sick to my stomach. WTF was wrong with this jury? Duct tape, in a swamp, partying, someone please tell me how this happened

I am sick with the American justice system, where we let child murders walk free. The system is not working. Taxpayers helped her get off scott free and put up over 300,000 to help her do so. I am in tears.

I have had a lot of doubt in the American government and now the American justice system. I am in beautiful Ajijic Mexico, considering moving here. This just sealed my decision. Mexicans love and dote on their children. They don't kill their children, they enjoy them.

impatientredhead
I am shocked that I am shocked.
Throughout this case I have said time and time again that nothing would surprise me at this point. We have seen all levels of horrifying behavior from Casey, from her parents, from observers who inserted themselves in a story they had no legitimate role in, and all levels of ridiculous behavior from her legal team.

I was convinced nothing could shock me.
But ten hours? There was not one person in that room that said "are you kidding me??!!!????". They reviewed no evidence, asked for no clarification, and clearly didn't even have a heated debate.

Honestly will not be surprised when we are treated to a reality show documenting the marriage of Casey and JB, her pursuit of a being a paralegal, and the joy of their first born child.

Thursday she will walk with time served.
I am disgusted by the jury and embarassed by our system.

theBritster
07-05-2011, 04:12 PM
Sweet baby Caylee. When I heard the verdict I had to leave my desk, since it's out in the open, and cry in my co-workers office. I'm sure all of us have cried more in the past two hours than her joke of a mother cried for her. I bet she'll be pregnant in no time.

Thank you Jeff, Linda, and Frank for trying so hard for the justice we all wanted for our little girl!

marie-chantal
07-05-2011, 04:13 PM
I do hope karma comes onto Casey and the defense team. People have pointed out what happened to OJ and his DT.

I love the fact that karma caught up to OJ. I have faith that the same thing will happen to Casey.

Disguiseduser0308
07-05-2011, 04:14 PM
I'm heartbroken and have been crying on and off since the verdict was read. I have many questions but will save them for another time.

For my friends who provided virtual hugs and support. Who sat with me day after day and night after night.. I thank you. Websleuths is filled with angels. Angels for victims around the world.

YouTube - &#x202a;Sarah McLachlan - Angel&#x202c;&rlm;

olive
defense team is drinking and celebrating at a bar? are you freaking kidding me????

is it fusion? do they know the shot girls by name at this point? :(

Emeralgem
I want to SCREAM.... I want to CRY....BUT I CAN'T... I can't even begin to attempt to wrap my mind around or even comprehend what has happened today.....One thing I do know..I cannot and will not ever respect the jury's decision concerning this case........JMHO..

susan1122
07-05-2011, 04:15 PM
I am stunned. Stunned and horrified. Is this really the best these jurors could do? Really? What a screwed up process. Juries apparently don't work. My opinion only. I am just absolutely ill. WTF just happened?

What cowards they were to not come forward and explain themselves. I imagine they will be calling or responding to contacts from the media once they get home and figure out how to put a price tag on their inside (lack of) information.

Yuck. Just yuck. I may never bother to follow something like this again.

So sad, I agree with you. It was cowardly for them not to come forward. Does anyone know what is up with the alternate jurors? Have they decided to speak or not?

And Cheney Mason is a hypocrite of the greatest order.

jenniek
posted this in another thread but thought i would post here as well...

I hate to say this but I just can't imagine 12 people finding her not guilty, I think it's strange they didn't talk to the media and I wonder if some of them may have lied to get on this jury.. iirc a few wanted to be on it, now I am wondering why.

Apex-mom
I wonder how the jurors will feel when they get home and start researching this case... hearing all the depo recordings.... like the one of Tracy (Leonard Padilla's assistant) and all the stuff she said about Casey's NON-reactions... hoe she never talked of Caylee... .the "they havent even found her clothes" comment....etc.

They will have to LIVE WITH THEIR DECISION FOR THE REST OF THEIR LIVES. AND IT'S WRONG.

DViola

You'd be surprised!! People wll befriend her because of this trial! It makes me soooo sick. Tis a day day indeed!

PlainJaneDoe
07-05-2011, 04:16 PM
It is a sad fact but society values the life of an adult more than that of a child.

Rest in Peace Caylee.

I respectfully beg to differ (on the bolded part), but that's a separate issue I think. I would explain, but I'm too busy picking my jaw up off the floor, where it fell when they read the verdict. :waitasec: IMO, age has nothing to do with the value of a life, and I think that most people might agree in theory but not in practice.

I started out (at beginning of trial) having no opinion whatsoever about Casey's guilt, but was completely convinced by the end. I really thought that if I could be convinced, anyone could. Sigh.

buckeyefan1
07-05-2011, 04:16 PM
Imagine those jurors going home tonight and flipping on the TV to see the absolute outrage of the whole country. I wonder if any of them at that point will say, "uh-ohhhhh....what have we done?" When they find out this whole story I imagine a few of them are going to be mortified.

We can only hope.

Florida Native
07-05-2011, 04:18 PM
posted this in another thread but thought i would post here as well...

I hate to say this but I just can't imagine 12 people finding her not guilty, I think it's strange they didn't talk to the media and I wonder if some of them may have lied to get on this jury.. iirc a few wanted to be on it, now I am wondering why.

I am just stunned that all 12 already had their mind made up to acquit. It just doesn't make any sense. If they had deliberated longer and then have come to the same conclusion maybe it wouldn't be so hard to swallow. But knowing they went into that deliberation with their mind already made up to send her home is just unbelievable.

HOTNTX
07-05-2011, 04:19 PM
I posted my response below on another thread and just cut and paste below because I am too upset to retype it again...

-------------------------------------------
And we can see the continual downfall and dumbing down of America and it's judicial system. 12 morons allowed a baby killer to walk free. They make the O.J. jurors look brilliant.

I can only wish that Casey Anthony will get what's coming to her within a week from the day she walks out of jail. Or better yet, I hope that HHJP does not allow the possible 4 years to be served concurrently. If she only has to serve 6 months it will be in general population and I hope that they deal with KC in the same manner that the inmates dealt with Jeffrey Dahmer.

I predict that CA and GA will divorce soon. She will want to allow KC to move back home and GA doesn't want to be near KC. Hopesprings Drive will become a circus again. All of the Anthonys will become the town pariahs. Hopefully HHJP will charge her with perjury.

May KC and the cowardly jurors that would not even face the public to give reasoning how they allowed a precious baby to be murdered, disposed of like trash and suffer no penalty or punishment, never have a day of peace again and have to live with the public's displeasure in them.

I am so disgusted with what I see in this country. Low life reality stars get paid millions where hardworking, educated people struggle to make ends meet and keep a roof over their heads.

Casey won't have to worry about working another day of her life. She will make millions selling her story to People Magazine and going on every television show that will take her and sell the rights to her story to book publishers and movie studios.

Yep...we should be proud Americans.

Even though in the depths of my heart, I know that it is not His fault, I let God know that I was deeply disappointed in Him today -- that He let Satan rule and that Angels of the Lord did not give protect or give Caylee justice today. She is not resting in peace. I will not be watching any t.v. for the next month, until this story dies down. To see these THs, especially LKB, who, moments before the verdict was read said that she thought that the jury was going to give KC the death penalty, I can't stomach.

My heart is crushed today and must reconcile it in my head and move on.

I told my DH, if it was my child that was killed, and this was the justice that his killer got, I would be in jail tonight for killing everyone on the jury and his killer. :maddening:

ItalinBella27
07-05-2011, 04:19 PM
I'm not sure if anyone here has any knowledge of this, but someone posted this on another site and I thought I should share it here.

http://www.metrowestdailynews.com/archive/x539090034/Wendy-J-Murphy-Casey-Anthony-trial-an-exercise-in-absurdity

suzihawk
07-05-2011, 04:20 PM
I can only hope that Zanaida Gonzales wins an enormous, huge ridiculously high verdict in her defamation case. At least that way maybe Casey won't be able to profit from Caylee's death.

She still has the IRS to answer to.

No matter, though, she'll soon be a wealthy woman.

Lesson learned... The state of Florida just legitimized the killing of innocent toddlers. So long as they hide their little bodies long enough to completely decompose and they can blame it on 'imaginary' sexual abuse. Expect a rise in this type of defense since it works.

jenniek
07-05-2011, 04:20 PM
I am just stunned that all 12 already had their mind made up to acquit. It just doesn't make any sense. If they had deliberated longer and then have come to the same conclusion maybe it wouldn't be so hard to swallow. But knowing they went into that deliberation with their mind already made up to send her home is just unbelievable.

i'm not saying all 12 had their minds made up... I believe that one or two lied and they could be very powerful and persuasive.. it's mind numbing, I don't understand what they saw that we didn't.

gmt
07-05-2011, 04:21 PM
I feel sorry for GA even more now.

grammieto5
Jury got it wrong.

Caylee cannot rest.

OH this breaks my heart. I was so sure that baby Caylee would be able to finally be at peace! I just keep reminding myself even though I no longer have faith in our justice system, I do believe in Karma.

Chris_Texas
I am heartbroken :(

cakegirl0905
07-05-2011, 04:22 PM
*hugs* to all of you. I've been following this since 2008 and it is so nonsensical that I can't believe it. Maybe Casey won't be punished in this life, but she will in the next. That's all I can say on the subject, because nothing else makes sense.

Jstc4caylee
07-05-2011, 04:22 PM
Mark 9:42 And whoever is a cause of trouble to one of these little ones who have faith in me, it would be better for him if a great stone was put round his neck and he was dropped into the sea
RIP Caylee

susan1122
07-05-2011, 04:23 PM
Anthony's are releasing statement through their lawyer.

grammieto5
I will not buy a book written by any of the A's or go see the movie. I will not buy any book written by any of the jurors.

olive
OH this breaks my heart. I was so sure that baby Caylee would be able to finally be at peace! I just keep reminding myself even though I no longer have faith in our justice system, I do believe in Karma.

Today is the first day I believe in heaven. Cause if I didn't, I couldn't rest. If she is in heaven, she is at peace.

Hisimage
In all seriousness, how long do you think before she is spotted partying?

KPinMN
07-05-2011, 04:24 PM
I may get tossed off of here. Not sure. Don't mean to be rude. But this jury didn't have 3 brain cells to rub together. How could they possibly come to this decision. I was listening to some info about them and it seems that many have been involved with the law themselves. DUI's, beating a family member, and several other crimes. How did the prosecution let them on the jury??

I agree, I thought it was odd that criminals serve on a jury. I don't think that makes for a very fair system. How are we to expect criminals to deliver justice to other criminals? :banghead:

peeples
07-05-2011, 04:24 PM
I don't have any words :( :(

gmt
07-05-2011, 04:26 PM
I don't blame the State of Fl. Caylee had a lot of support there, I blame 12 jurors and CA.Had CA really believed it was an accident,, it could have been proven had her remains not been dumped and allowed to stay there for months. Hence she should have helped the searchers.

Norwegian
07-05-2011, 04:27 PM
White female OJ.

I don't care much about computer searches and scientific evidence, dirty smells or tape...

but the fact that Casey didn't ever report Caylee missing... that for me is enough.

Out partying and body rubbing... when her child is missing. My heart hurts.

susan1122
I agree, I thought it was odd that criminals serve on a jury. I don't think that makes for a very fair system. How are we to expect criminals to deliver justice to other criminals? :banghead:

I didn't know this. So is it Florida or this whole country that would do this?

txanmom
The more I think about it. I think this is what happened. Counts 1 and 2 and 4-7 they agreed on quickly. The last count 3, they argued over for awhile. I bet 2-3 of them thought it was not guilty and argued their way through until they wore them down to not guilty. I am sure of it.

skyy
07-05-2011, 04:28 PM
I was mostly a lurker here but I followed closely. I am so disgusted and upset right now. All I can do is hug my kids and worry about the world I helped bring them into. I feel this has now taught people that all you have to do to get away with murder is to lie and buy time. I also feel that a big part of the not guilty verdict is that the jurors just wanted to go back home. I feel that the system is broken and I hope that this case at least helps bring about some much needed changes.

mellynyc
I have been a lurker on here for this case for a while now, but now I would like to put my own opinion in as the verdict is finally over.

I don't believe she is completely innocent, but I don't think she is the one who murdered Caylee. For a while now I've believed it was Tony having a big part in it and being the actual killer. Something is not right about him. And if you read the document of the IM conversation between them (source: http://media.myfoxorlando.com/photogalleries/092608instantmessages/indexGallery.htm), he ALWAYS referred to Caylee as the "offspring" referred to Zanny as "the offspring handler". He always seemed to not want Caylee around when she came over. Although Casey is an adult and can make her own decisions I could very much see Tony having a lot of say in what was done to Caylee. Even in the police interviews with Tony he stutters a lot and corrects himself. Something always didn't seem right about him to me from the very beginning. If you haven't already, read the IM conversation. Makes you wonder what Tony had to do with the death of Caylee. Also don't forget the tape played back in court yesterday of Casey demanding to have Tony's phone number. WHY would she so desperately need to talk to him?

Please remember, all this is just MOO.

peeples
I didn't know this. So is it Florida or this whole country that would do this?

I'm a felon (I got in trouble when I was younger) and I still get called about every 3 years for jury duty, I'm in Iowa.

sleuthinginca
This is just unbelievable. I can not believe this jury. I feel like I am stuck in a bad nightmare.

I wish I could say that what Casey did to Caylee will haunt her for the rest of her life but sadly... it will not bother her at all. Nothing will bother her.

I keep thinking... how how... how can we go back and get a guilty verdict. Now I am only praying that maybe the jury was paid off. I know, I know highly unlikely but it would be just as much as a miracle than it was for Casey walking away with murder.

~Love for Caylee~

p.s I am not bitter or anything (cough cough) but I hope that one juror leaving on her wonderful vacation... has a terrible time!

kathyn2
I don't think this jury cared about guilt or innocense. They just wanted to go home. Half of them didn't want on the jury. Some were going on vacation. Better to let a killer go home than convict. I don't know how they live with themselves but maybe something bad will happen to them and they will get no satisfaction.

The sick part of this is I think Casey's life will be fine. She will become rich off of this, find a new crowd of friends. I bet even find a handsome husband. Many weird people love killers and convicts. They are alot of people in the world that will latch on to her. I doubt she will get any ill affects from this. And the dad will be kicked out and mom will help her to continue her life of crime that she got away with for years and still gets away with. She stole 100s of checks etc and didnt' get any time for it. She knows she can get away with her life of crime, even murder.

grammieto5
07-05-2011, 04:29 PM

Weren't we all listening to the same trial? Didn't we all hear what the jury heard. Something is very wrong here!!!

RR0004
07-05-2011, 04:30 PM
I cannot wait until the Infamous 12 see that little tidbit. :maddening::banghead::loser::sick:
If I tweeted or even texted, I'd pass that blurb on to NG...but alas, I don't do either.

peeples
I have been a lurker on here for this case for a while now, but now I would like to put my own opinion in as the verdict is finally over.

I don't believe she is completely innocent, but I don't think she is the one who murdered Caylee. For a while now I've believed it was Tony having a big part in it and being the actual killer. Something is not right about him. And if you read the document of the IM conversation between them (source: http://media.myfoxorlando.com/photogalleries/092608instantmessages/indexGallery.htm), he ALWAYS referred to Caylee as the "offspring" referred to Zanny as "the offspring handler". He always seemed to not want Caylee around when she came over. Although Casey is an adult and can make her own decisions I could very much see Tony having a lot of say in what was done to Caylee. Even in the police interviews with Tony he stutters a lot and corrects himself. Something always didn't seem right about him to me from the very beginning. If you haven't already, read the IM conversation. Makes you wonder what Tony had to do with the death of Caylee. Also don't forget the tape played back in court yesterday of Casey demanding to have Tony's phone number. WHY would she so desperately need to talk to him?

I don't agree, but your post was well thought out, thanks for the differing view point :)

WillenFan21
¯`v´¯)
`*.¸.*´
¸.•´ ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´(¸.• (¸.•´¸¸.•¨¯`•.¸¸.♥ Keep this balloon going in memory of CAYLEE MARIE ANTHONY
♥ forever in our hearts♥ TO HONOR CAYLEE'S MEMORY....PLEASE PASS THIS ON R.I.P. Baby girl Fly with the Angels ♥

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^l |^^^^^^^^^^| |P
| ♥~♥ NO JUSTICE FOR CAYLEE MARIE ♥~♥ ||”"”;..\___.
|……_______________| l______________l _||__|…, ]P
“(@)’(@)”""""""*l'(@)l'(@)l """"""""""""""(@)'(@)""""'(@)
...Put this on your status & Keep this Convoy Going.

buckeyefan1
07-05-2011, 04:32 PM
I just keep having this weird thought. How many other children's deaths will go unpunished because the killer will study Casey 101?

grammieto5
07-05-2011, 04:34 PM
So I wonder if the A's will come out and say how they won't rest until the REAL killer of baby Caylee is found. I believe all of the A's in were in this together. Now will the SA go after GA and RK?

PlainJaneDoe
In all seriousness, how long do you think before she is spotted partying?

I predict the 1st night she spends outside jail.

At first I thought, "Heck, yeah, if I got away with murder you bet I would party!" But then I realized that I'd be more likely to become the most reformed sinner ever in an effort to do penance for what I'd know I'd done. But then I realized that that's because I have respect for the law and a conscience, which it seems Casey doesn't necessarily have.

susan1122
I'm a felon (I got in trouble when I was younger) and I still get called about every 3 years for jury duty, I'm in Iowa.

Thanks for your response and honesty. I wonder if it has to do with what the charges were in the past for the jurors? What do you think of this?

I think someone that is a felon...or convicted of murder?....can't vote. Is this true. If a felon can't vote how could they serve on a jury? Or is it a murderer, not felon in general? TIA!

KPinMN
The DT is across the street partying! Champagne toasts, applause, etc. They are GUILTY of being completely distasteful! They are MORALLY CORRUPT! In the words of Nancy Grace, "the devil dances tonight"!

gmt
You know I might could have handled this better had KC had better atty's, but KC had sorry DT and they got a win. THIS is what proves the justice system is broke. And in america we expect more, so when will it be delivered?

grammieto5
07-05-2011, 04:36 PM
This grandmother has just lost all faith in our justice system. Sad day for America.

You can make that two.

cricket
07-05-2011, 04:37 PM
I predict that George Anthony will move out and divorce Cindy, and that the the family will divide into two factions. Lee will be supportive of George and will probably disown his mother and Casey. IMO, it's the only way that Lee and George can have any kind of normal life going forward.

surini59
07-05-2011, 04:37 PM
I feel like that jury reached down inside me and ripped my heart out of my chest! I am devastated that this could happen.

Starfish
07-05-2011, 04:38 PM
What little faith I had in our so called justice system has just got up & went. There is something seriously wrong when 12 people cannot provide justice to a 2 year old child who did not ask to be brought into this world & who's life was cut short by the one person she should have been able to count on for protection and unconditional love. I hope I never receive a jury summons, because I will tell them that I do not believe in the US justice system & therefore would certainly not make a good jury member.

I pray that all the people around the world who have fallen in love with beautiful Caylee Anthony will never spend a penny on anything that would bring any form of profit to this vile excuse for a human being who will soon be walking among us.

I pray that Caylee will one day have the justice she so deserves when her murderer stands before her maker.

I pray for Caylee to rest in peace with the knowledge that someday her murderer will pay for taking her life.

I'm so sorry Caylee.

gmt
07-05-2011, 04:38 PM
Add to this all parents, spouses, friends, kids, where do you stop can now lie for the sake of protecting their criminals and get by with it.

PlainJaneDoe
07-05-2011, 04:40 PM
Add to this all parents, spouses, friends, kids, where do you stop can now lie for the sake of protecting their criminals and get by with it.

Just heard Bill S. say that probably CA won't even be prosecuted for perjuring herself. OMG. It's sick.

peeples
07-05-2011, 04:40 PM
Thanks for your response and honesty. I wonder if it has to do with what the charges were in the past for the jurors? What do you think of this?

I think someone that is a felon...or convicted of murder?....can't vote. Is this true. If a felon can't vote how could they serve on a jury? Or is it a murderer, not felon in general? TIA!

My charges were related to auto theft (I boosted cars when I was a kid).
I was asked several times what my record was for and have never been seated on a Jury, the defense throws me off.
You are right that I cannot vote, or own a firearm. I always thought it was a bit weird myself that I could decide someones future in a court of law, but not vote for a future elected official.

chasing.halos
07-05-2011, 04:41 PM
:grouphug: I just adore all of you and it has been an absolute pleasure watching this trial with all of you. If you are hurting, you are not alone. I feel surrounded by all of you right now and it truly makes me feel comforted. We will always have each other. Who does Casey have? No one.

cluciano63
07-05-2011, 04:41 PM
I'd bet the prosecution feels even worse that they lost this case to JB than if they had lost to another more experienced lawyer.

I am surprised they did not speak, however. I also don't think we'll be seeing JA's smile again anytime soon :(

susan1122
07-05-2011, 04:42 PM

What you wrote about Tony, this is exactly why I think KC murdered Caylee. Well, this and jealousy. I don't know if Tony had anything to do with it or not.

jenni4jo
07-05-2011, 04:43 PM
I no longer believe in our system. There is something broken when DT are all about 'wins' and not the truth. How is this a "fair trial" ??? Fair to whom??? It's trial by confusion based on lies. Shame on anyone who can do this for a living and sleep at night. Defend a person to what is fair, NOT what you can help them get away with ---that would be a just system, not what we saw today.

MaryAnn
I don't think this jury cared about guilt or innocense. They just wanted to go home. Half of them didn't want on the jury. Some were going on vacation. Better to let a killer go home than convict. I don't know how they live with themselves but maybe something bad will happen to them and they will get no satisfaction.

The sick part of this is I think Casey's life will be fine. She will become rich off of this, find a new crowd of friends. I bet even find a handsome husband. Many weird people love killers and convicts. They are alot of people in the world that will latch on to her. I doubt she will get any ill affects from this. And the dad will be kicked out and mom will help her to continue her life of crime that she got away with for years and still gets away with. She stole 100s of checks etc and didnt' get any time for it. She knows she can get away with her life of crime, even murder.

if she would have been guilty that one juror would have missed their cruise because they would have had to stay for the penalty phase. I'm sorry, the jurors were idiots. I hope they read this. What Mother ignores the fact her child is missing for 31 days?

spartanmom
I'm not sure if anyone here has any knowledge of this, but someone posted this on another site and I thought I should share it here.

http://www.metrowestdailynews.com/archive/x539090034/Wendy-J-Murphy-Casey-Anthony-trial-an-exercise-in-absurdity

Hmmmmmm........this is very interesting and I would like to know more details about some of the information he put in the article.

I for one hope that someone here will do some research on it. I will try, but, I don't always know how to do what some on here do.

evelyn24

Doubt it. The OJ jury didn't give a @(*#)(!

I do agree with the sequestering thing; it's hardly ever good for the state in long trials.

mikeysmommom
I am still crying,shaking inside, I am heartbroken that justice failed Caylee today. How many more children will die due to this injustice? I was appalled when Caylee's pictures were sold by her murdering mother,now she will make millions. I guess crime does pay as long as you keep your mouth shut.

FootballMom
07-05-2011, 04:44 PM
I don't have any words that can accurately reflect what is running through my mind and my heart right now.

I'll just convey the text I received from my vacationing 14 yr old son... "WHAT THE HECK????!!!!! That's crap!!!"... This is the same child that asked me 3 years ago, "why would she kill such a cute & sweet little girl?"....

Evidently the teenage Facebook world in North Georgia is blowing up with the news. Every single kid is heartbroken, they are angry and they do not understand how this could happen.

What message does this travesty of justice send to our children???

Caligram
07-05-2011, 04:45 PM
Liberty for Casey and no justice at all for Caylee Marie. I was so sure that the verdict would be guilty, without quiestion, guilty. So, now I wonder how honest were the jurors when they voted to let ICA walk. How could they ignore the evidence? There's something wrong. To quote CA, "There's something wrong!".

sappysoul
07-05-2011, 04:45 PM

Defense lawyers can lie in court as well as continually get by with asking leading question (thereby testify) and break rules with no consequence.

SleuthTheTruth
07-05-2011, 04:46 PM
I want to SCREAM so loud right now. How could they, with ALL the evidence come back with Not Guilty? HOW?? Did they not look at anything? Did they not listen in the trial? Were they so pi—ed that they had to serve that they each decided to find her Not Guilty?

Caylee, I am so sorry you did not get justice today for your murder that your mother did to you. I am so sorry you will have to be in “Cold Case Limbo” from now on with my grandparents and many others who have been let down because of our justice system.

JennaB
07-05-2011, 04:47 PM
I predict that George Anthony will move out and divorce Cindy, and that the the family will divide into two factions. Lee will be supportive of George and will probably disown his mother and Casey. IMO, it's the only way that Lee and George can have any kind of normal life going forward.

I can see that happening. I feel Lee and George will suffer a lot for the rest of their lives because of the sex abuse accusations. I think the whole family will move out of FL at some point.

susan1122
My charges were related to auto theft (I boosted cars when I was a kid).
I was asked several times what my record was for and have never been seated on a Jury, the defense throws me off.
You are right that I cannot vote, or own a firearm. I always thought it was a bit weird myself that I could decide someones future in a court of law, but not vote for a future elected official.

Thanks! Wow, it is very strange about the no voting, but being allowed on a jury. And I would think it would be the prosecution that has a problem with a felon being on the jury. Sorry....do not want to insult you at all. You seem like a reasonable person with an open mind.

tiffertots
SHAME on this jury..Someone knows who they are..you don't disapear for 40 some odd days in that town and someone not know where you are or what you are doing. I would like to find out just who they are and send them each a letter of utter and extreme disappointment. They let Caylee down. There are truely "Tears in Heaven" right now. Sorry Caylee we tried...we all tried! I have once again lost faith in the justice system. No justice for that poor innocent child. Perhaps putting that murderer back on the streets was justified...we all know her now..we know her lies...we know her habits. In such a world with social media she will never be able to hide. I hope and pray she gets what she deserves. After all someone could just claim it "was an accident that snowballed out of control" and they will surely get away with murder.

cluciano63
07-05-2011, 04:48 PM
if she would have been guilty that one juror would have missed their cruise because they would have had to stay for the penalty phase. I'm sorry, the jurors were idiots. I hope they read this. What Mother ignores the fact her child is missing for 31 days?

I think we established this morning that that potential juror did NOT make the panel...there was no cruise.

Aedrys
It sounds to me like they knew they weren't going to agree on the murder charges. But no one wanted to be sequestered any longer. So they agreed to just say she's not guilty but convict her on the lying to police charges. What a bunch of cowards. I am so sick and upset right now. I figured she might get less than LWOP, but I NEVER saw this coming. I'm going to have to avoid my television for awhile now as I'm sure the defense and Casey will milk this for all it's worth. I'm sure CA will start her Casey tour of innocence as well. This is just sick and maddening. I still can't believe it.

suzihawk
i'm not saying all 12 had their minds made up... I believe that one or two lied and they could be very powerful and persuasive.. it's mind numbing, I don't understand what they saw that we didn't.

I think it's more like they didn't see what we did.

#CaseyAnthony defense has an "escape plan" for her should she be free to leave Orlando after sentencing.
by bobkealing via twitter (http://twitter.com/bobkealing/status/88340450683002880) 7/5/2011 8:16:18 PM 4:16 PM

newsjunkie
07-05-2011, 04:49 PM

This wasn't Tony Lazzaro! This was Anthony Rusciano!

adb263
07-05-2011, 04:50 PM
I so want to know if JB is going to be held accountable for his actions like HHJP said he would be!!!