PDA

View Full Version : Guest Suggestions for Websleuths Radio

Tricia
07-25-2011, 12:43 PM
Please put your guest suggestions here.

They don't need to be high profile. Just true crime related.

Thank you.
Tricia

smart blonde
07-25-2011, 01:04 PM
Yuri Melich would get my top vote!

smart blonde
07-25-2011, 01:05 PM
Jeff Ashton a very close second.

smart blonde
07-25-2011, 01:10 PM
~Kyron Horman's mother Desiree.

smart blonde
07-25-2011, 01:17 PM
A show bringing attention to the disappearance of Jennifer Kesse.

www.jenniferkesse.com

smart blonde
07-25-2011, 01:19 PM
Beth Holloway, Natalie Holloway's mother.

Tricia
07-25-2011, 01:48 PM
Yuri Melich would get my top vote!

Yuri Melich is my DREAM guest but sadly I'm afraid he will not be joining us.

Out of respect for him and knowing that he would have to say "no" no matter what I won't ask him. BUT I'm sure he knows he is always welcomed.

Tricia
07-25-2011, 01:48 PM
~Kyron Horman's mother Desiree.

Great Idea. She is on the talk shows now. I'll work on getting her ASAP.

Thank you

Tricia
07-25-2011, 01:51 PM
Beth Holloway, Natalie Holloway's mother.

OK smart blonde you have an offical title with Websleuts. You are the

" Best Guest Ideas for Websleuths Radio Consultant."

How's that. Great ideas my dear. Thank you.

JenniferTx
07-25-2011, 02:38 PM
Tim Miller with Texas EquuSearch

JenniferTx
07-25-2011, 02:49 PM
Laura Kate Smithers parents who run the Laura Recovery Center
Robert & Janet Cooke - parents of Rachel Cooke
John & JoAnn Lowitzer - parents of Alexandria Joy Lowitzer

smart blonde
07-25-2011, 04:50 PM
Susan Powell's father, Chuck Cox.

smart blonde
07-25-2011, 05:20 PM
Sheriff Joe Arpaio, of Maricopa County, Arizona.

(From what I've seen, he's never met a camera he didn't like. First things that pop in my mind when I think of him:

~Tent City, green bologna, pink underwear, chain gangs.

~The controversial inmate deaths at his jails (i.e., one woman left out in a cage without shade, for hours, after she had been forgotten by the correction officers.

Another inmate, Pete Van Winkle, beat another inmate, Robert Cotton, in full view of jail surveillance cameras. The video is actually on the Internet, for anyone to see.

Another inmate, a woman, complained of abdominal pain for two days, begging to see a doctor, was refused & ignored, and died in her jail cell.

Yet another inmate, died while in one of those restraining chairs.... those are the deaths I remember off the top of my head.

~ Ask him why celebrities, such as Glen Campbell, seemingly receive special treatment while incarcerated. (Campbell, incarcerated after multiple DUIs, and even assaulting a police officer, was allowed to bring in his cell phone, guitar, and received all kinds of extra privileges).

~ Last but not least, ask him his views on illegal immigrants.

Arpaio is very controversial. He would be a very interesting guest, in my opinion.

zadari
07-25-2011, 05:22 PM
mabey someone that knew rose cole ? one of her family members? or someone from that place she was sent to

smart blonde
07-25-2011, 05:38 PM
(Last one, I promise)

~Defense Attorney & Websleuths member Richard Hornsby.

LinasK
07-25-2011, 07:13 PM
Roy Kronk and Zenaida Gonzalez. These are the unsung heros of Caylee Anthony.

Kimster
07-25-2011, 08:53 PM
(Last one, I promise)

~Defense Attorney & Websleuths member Richard Hornsby.

He's been on the show three times, IIRC. :) I'm sure we'll have him come back.

nells
07-26-2011, 01:00 AM
Roy Kronk

Linda Dulin (daughter Kari killed by Matt Baker in TX)

Kelly Siegler (former Houston Prosecutor)

nerdyglam
07-26-2011, 02:30 AM
Family members of Shannan Gilbert

Family members of the victims of the LISK.

LimeCola
07-26-2011, 02:49 AM
I would like to see an update on the Victoria Stafford case. Perhaps an interview with her mother and/or father?

zoomama
07-26-2011, 03:33 AM
Oh I like the idea of robert and Janet Cook on the show. Has there been any movement in their case? How are they doing? And what can any of us do to help them at this point? thanks for suggesting that Jennifer Tx.

dog.gone.cute
07-27-2011, 01:52 PM
Tricia,

Some "suggestions" for WS Radio:

1. Tim Miller of TES.

2. Desiree Young, Kyron Horman's Mother. She was on JVM the other night, but I would love to hear Desiree "uninterrupted". I am sure she has a "lot to tell" !

3. Is there someone involved in the search for Holly Bobo who can give an "accurate update" on the investigation ? There has been NO news on Holly ... and I believe there is "something" that is "just not right" about this investigation -- MOO.

:tyou:

bogeygal
07-27-2011, 02:11 PM
I would really enjoy Websleuths Radio to interview the author "Anne Rule".

Having read all her books about true crime, it would be interesting to have her opinion and thoughts on Caylee Anthony's murder, as well as other cases here on Websleuths.

Just my thoughts...I can dream can't I?

Bree0372
11-10-2011, 01:28 AM
It's been a while since someone posted on this thread, so hopefully my post will be viewed. Is it possible to have someone from Juliette Guerts' family on the show? Juliette's Aunt Monica has a facebook page and is struggling for help in getting it out to the media. The local Nebraska stations have run stories, but nothing national has been aired.

A 2 year old that was murdered (blunt force trauma) while in the care of her mother (and 2 males that were also present)....all 3 have since moved out of Nebraska and still NO ARRESTS. Oh, and that DA that has seen many cases about "dead babies" before. :furious:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132923&highlight=juliette+guerts

www.justiceforjuliette.org

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Justice-for-Juliette/163622797027340?ref=ts

Jacie Estes
11-10-2011, 01:48 AM
Have Josh Powell come on the show.

First he can do a segment on making s'mores in a van, in a blizzard, with 2 young boys. Impossible you say, he doesn't think so.

THEN he can talk about where Susan IS, where he really was that night and where his creepy daddy was. thanks

SuziQ
11-10-2011, 08:36 AM
The parents of Channon Christian and Chris Newsom.

believe09
11-10-2011, 08:57 AM
Barbara Blaine, Founder of SNAP. Especially given the recent events at Penn State.

Cazzie
11-10-2011, 10:29 AM
Damien Echols. :)

Jason Baldwin. :)

Jessie Misskelley. :)

Just a guess, but I think the first 2 would accept, and Jesse might decline. Altho, you never know, maybe he would feel more comfortable on "radio" than TV or webcam.

Cazzie
11-10-2011, 10:33 AM
Sheriff Barber of the triple murders in OH where Sarah Maynard (13) survived being held captive and assaulted, and was rescued by LE/FBI.

Cazzie
11-10-2011, 10:36 AM
Sorry, not trying to spam this thread. :) I keep having great ;) ideas.

How about a special on Forensics Astrology? And perhaps some of our WS astrologers could be guests.

I know our WS FA forum has closed, and I sure miss it. JMO, but I don't think keeping it closed (for whatever the reasons are) would preclude a feature on FA.

Tricia
11-10-2011, 11:58 AM
Barbara Blaine, Founder of SNAP. Especially given the recent events at Penn State.

I am working right now to get a rep to join us Sunday for this topic.

Tricia
11-10-2011, 11:59 AM
Sorry, not trying to spam this thread. :) I keep having great ;) ideas.

How about a special on Forensics Astrology? And perhaps some of our WS astrologers could be guests.

I know our WS FA forum has closed, and I sure miss it. JMO, but I don't think keeping it closed (for whatever the reasons are) would preclude a feature on FA.

OMG MY DEAR YOU ARE NOT SPAMMING. THANK YOU.

Keep the ideas coming. I need them.

Since Dr. Wecht had to cancel (thanks to Dr. Phil moving his interview from today Thursday to Monday) I am scrambling to get some guests so no worries. Love the ideas. Thank you.

Tricia
11-10-2011, 12:00 PM
Have Josh Powell come on the show.

First he can do a segment on making s'mores in a van, in a blizzard, with 2 young boys. Impossible you say, he doesn't think so.

THEN he can talk about where Susan IS, where he really was that night and where his creepy daddy was. thanks

Hahahaha. Yes, I'm sure Josh will jump at the chance. He loves me so.

What a jerk.

Cazzie
11-10-2011, 01:15 PM
OMG MY DEAR YOU ARE NOT SPAMMING. THANK YOU.

Keep the ideas coming. I need them.

Since Dr. Wecht had to cancel (thanks to Dr. Phil moving his interview from today Thursday to Monday) I am scrambling to get some guests so no worries. Love the ideas. Thank you.
To me, this is SUCH a valid topic, even tho many many people cast it off as being bunk.

SO many FA readings here were "right on"...even tho those of us holded up hope (or was it denial? was it positive thinking?)....

Also...our FA forum here, for me, helped me resolve my emotions about the cases and victims...gave insight to me about how/why/what happened...

Yes of course, FA is not 100% accurate...but should we cast if off?

OK, I will admit it now...I am begging you to re-open the FA forum here. Even tho I know many FA's had real life issues that took precedence...and just by virtue of this kind of work, it is grueling and emotionally hard...but IMO, FA is a very valid method of crime investigation.

/begging

Cazzie
11-10-2011, 08:34 PM
In the interest of cold cases, well, some warm cases before they go cold...I would love to have the McStay family, the Jamison family, Gail Nowacki featured.

And oh hey, how about a feature on sleuthing itself (especially by non-professionals)? ;) Kinda a way to get more sleuths on board here and about...doing what we do?

Tricia
11-10-2011, 11:56 PM
In the interest of cold cases, well, some warm cases before they go cold...I would love to have the McStay family, the Jamison family, Gail Nowacki featured.

And oh hey, how about a feature on sleuthing itself (especially by non-professionals)? ;) Kinda a way to get more sleuths on board here and about...doing what we do?

Wow this is a great idea my dear. THANK YOU

sleutherontheside
11-11-2011, 07:59 PM
The case of Jerry "Mike" Williams is really interesting. There is a thread here about it. Cold case about missing man....his wife and his best friend rushed the death certificate and married......now the best friend is being held after attempting to kill her.

greenpalm
12-13-2011, 01:40 AM
Have you ever done a show on forensic dogs? I'd love to hear our own Websleuths Oriah & Sarx tell us more about their processes. Frankly, I wish there was a standard "DOG Info" sticky that had FAQ these experts had already answered. It seems like we rehash the same details about the dogs every time they get used (at least in high profile cases). That was two suggestions :) one for Websleuth's radio, and one for a forensic dog FAQ. Thanks!

Tricia
12-17-2011, 08:02 PM
Have you ever done a show on forensic dogs? I'd love to hear our own Websleuths Oriah & Sarx tell us more about their processes. Frankly, I wish there was a standard "DOG Info" sticky that had FAQ these experts had already answered. It seems like we rehash the same details about the dogs every time they get used (at least in high profile cases). That was two suggestions :) one for Websleuth's radio, and one for a forensic dog FAQ. Thanks!

Thanks my dear. I have spoken to Oriah about this and I'm sure in the near future we will do a show on this very interesting topic.

Thank you everyone. Please keep the suggestions coming.

Irish_Eyes
01-10-2012, 04:56 AM
Okay, I've got some:

1) Websleuths own CarlK from the UID threads (not his whole screen name, but you can find him:) . He is very knowledgeable and such a champ for the missing and unidentified.

2) Dr. G (coroner from Anthony case) This is a two-for-one. I'm guessing she would be an interesting guest for both the Unidentifed forum folks and the Caylee Anthony folks. And anyone who is a fan of her show.

3) James Renner, author. He was an investigative journalist who tirelessly covered the still unsolved murder of 11 year old Amy Mihaljevic in Ohio in the 80's. More recently he has been working to uncover the truth behind the Maura Murray disappearance. He's controversial, people tend to love/hate him, but I bet he'd be an interesting guest.

4)

my_tee_mouse
01-13-2012, 08:28 PM
I would really enjoy Websleuths Radio to interview the author "Anne Rule".

Having read all her books about true crime, it would be interesting to have her opinion and thoughts on Caylee Anthony's murder, as well as other cases here on Websleuths.

Just my thoughts...I can dream can't I?
Good thing the show is taped, because I think many of the members would positively swoon!!!! I adore Anne Rule!

How about Sheila Sharp, the (then) teen who found her mother, brother, and brother's friend murdered? The Keddie Cabin Murders (as they are known) are a cold case from April 12, 1981.

arielilane
01-22-2012, 07:45 PM
Yes, Ann Rule would be awesome as a guest for WS radio!!!

Dr. G (love her!)

Mark Fuhrman

Kyron's parents, Desiree Young and Kaine Horman

Rebecca Zahau's family

Whenever possible please bring back Dawn Kauffman, Dr. Glenn Lipson and Dr. Cyril Wecht. They're quite fascinating to listen to and their knowledge is incredible.

websurfer
01-28-2012, 01:21 PM
Pauley Perrette - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

:great:

nells
02-07-2012, 02:03 AM
Kathryn Casey, true crime author. She has a new book on the Kari Baker murder coming out this year. She also wrote a book on the Belinda Temple murder, Shattered.

HauntsForHope
02-11-2012, 10:37 PM
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=158701&highlight=Lacey+Buenfil

In the search for Missing Person - Lacey Buenfil

I think it would be great if Cyndee Cox came on the program for a few minutes to discuss how the search for Lacey is progressing. I mentioned the WS radio show to her on the Facebook page for Lacey.
"....I can always be available to get Laceys story out there... We search every sat and sunday ,but I can do whatever I need to do... our search parties are slowing down and we are losing volunteers I know everyone is getting tired but I also know we need to get the word out that we need volunteers!!! THANK YOU FOR THE OPPORTUNITY!!! CYNDEE"

~n/t~
02-21-2012, 06:36 AM
Pat Brown - She was in Praia da Luz, Portugal analyzing Madeleine McCann case.

http://patbrownprofiling.blogspot.com/

matou
02-21-2012, 09:59 PM
Desiree Young.

GeorgieFayne
02-23-2012, 07:57 PM
I would like to second Irish_Eyes on the James Renner suggestion, and also offer another interview idea: Matt Birkbeck, who wrote a book about "Sharon Marshall." I think that would be a great conversation with lots of participation, since that is a case close to many Websleuthers' hearts.

Tricia
04-19-2012, 09:33 PM
Hey thank you for the great suggestions.

I am trying to get in contact with many of the names you have given me.

Please keep them coming. I read every single one of them.

Thank you.

Peter Brendt
05-06-2012, 11:40 PM
And my vote would go for Dr. Michael Baden, even there is probably slim chance we get him

Peter Brendt

believe09
07-03-2012, 07:28 PM
Jose Baez. Isnt he starting his book tour? This will level the playing field between him and Jeff Ashton, right??

;)

Tricia
07-10-2012, 10:36 PM
I have reached out to Baez . Reached out to his publicist so we will see .

nursebeeme
07-12-2012, 02:15 PM
here is my vote:

Jennifer Wadsworth... the reporter that cracked the sandra cantu case wide open with her investigative reporting and an update on what huckaby is up to in the hooscow

Nonni Brenda
07-14-2012, 08:28 PM
Would love to hear from Yuri again, but don't want him to get into any trouble. Love him!

Nonni Brenda
07-14-2012, 08:30 PM
I also would love to ask Geraldo what more he knows about Haleigh's case, and RC. Also maybe Cobra.

RR0004
07-15-2012, 03:34 PM
Our very own Muzikman (when he's ready)? I imagine it would be a lovefest...lol.

nursebeeme
07-17-2012, 02:10 PM
I think it would be a good idea to have the parents of the missing iowa girls on (if they don't find the girls by then... right now a draining of the lake is going on) and maybe the blackhawk county sheriff?

K_Z
10-26-2012, 06:49 PM
Ann Rule has a new book coming out November 27, titled "Fatal Friends, Deadly Neighbors." The pre-release publicity says the book will cover the Powell case, as well as the Coronado Mansion deaths, and several other cases. Would you be interested in hosting to Ann Rule as a guest on Websleuths Radio? I have no idea if this is possible, or if it could be worked out. There appears to be a fair amount of interest in these cases, and Ann Rule is a popular author.

arielilane
10-27-2012, 08:45 AM
Yes, I too would like to make a request for Ann Rule to come on Tricia's True Crime Radio show. That would be awesome and there is a huge interest in Rebecca's case at WS and an interest in Ms. Rule soon to be released book, Fatal Friends, Deadly Neighbors. Thank you in advance.

marycarney
10-27-2012, 10:25 AM
James Earl Jones - not because he has anything to say about crimes or solving them, but just because his voice is soooooooo sexy. I would listen to him read the phone book, seriously!

The Allstate guy, too!

K_Z
10-27-2012, 11:50 PM
A few more suggestions (in no particular order!):

- Dina Shacknai
- Anne Bremner
- Mary Zahau
- Family of Jane Bashara
- Mother of Zinah Jennings (Grandmother to Amir, and raising Zinah's infant)
- Solomon Metalwala (father of Sky Metalwala)
- *Linda Drane Burdick*
- *Dr. Arpad Vass*

Thanks for the "suggestion box!"

M.James
11-03-2012, 06:39 PM
Been doing some light reading in the JonBenet and Darlie forums again.

A long time has passed, new friends have been made, new wives taken, new leaves turned, so you never know, but maybe Darin Routier or Fleet and Priscilla White might actually be willing to 'chat'.
Yeah, I know. But, I really believe in 'wishful thinking'.

Tricia
11-04-2012, 01:32 AM
Thanks everyone for your fantastic suggestions.

Definitely working on getting some of those guests. Ann Rule especially.

Just so you know my "Thanks" button is all messed up. When I try and hit "Thanks" on certain posts it says the "Administrator is blocking you" or something weird like that.

So please know how much I appreciate you taking the time out to post on this thread and thank you very much.

Tricia

~~~~~~~~~~~~

deedee21
11-04-2012, 11:54 PM
Hi, I think we should try and help identify the remaining victims on Ocean Pkwy. Maybe start with mother and child. The reason I say this is because most little girls dont wear jewelry. This child and mother wore matching jewelry. Thats the key to identifying them. Maybe you can do another show about this and any media contacts you have can run articles putting an emphasis on the matching jewelry. Also a pic of the jewelry. That fact I believe is whats needed to spark someones memory. We dont know what state they are from so the more widespread the story the better. Someone knows them but doesnt know they died. That has to change. Thanks deedee21

deca
11-08-2012, 10:54 AM
I also think it would be interesting (as deedee21 says) to have someone on to talk about UIDs. One of the things I am interested in are sketch artists, 3D computer artists, sculptors, etc. who try to make a likeness of the deceased for the public. I really don't know a lot about how they work.

crocus
11-08-2012, 10:53 PM
With the upcoming trial of Jodi Arias for the brutal murder of Travis Alexander (Maricopa County AZ), Travis' sister Tanisha Sorenson would be a very interesting guest. Would like to hear insights from her about what she knows in regards to Jodi. She has been outspoken about Jodi in the past.

Been waiting for this trial to happen, it's long overdue!

Tricia
11-16-2012, 02:17 PM
FYI I reached out to Ann Rule's daughter and she is putting me in touch with her mom's publicist.

When Ann's new book comes out she is going to make the talk shouw rounds so we should be able to book her as a guest on the show.

That should be sometime in early December.

I'll keep you posted and thanks again for your suggestions.

Tricia

K_Z
11-17-2012, 11:59 PM
FYI I reached out to Ann Rule's daughter and she is putting me in touch with her mom's publicist.

When Ann's new book comes out she is going to make the talk shouw rounds so we should be able to book her as a guest on the show.

That should be sometime in early December.

I'll keep you posted and thanks again for your suggestions.

Tricia

That is a really great thing to look forward to! Thank you for pursuing that.

I have another small suggestion-- which might bring a bit of revenue to WS.

Can you have Ann Rule's new book added to the crawler of books on the right side of the site? I think many may be interested in ordering the book, or e-book, and this could be an opportunity to bring a bit of revenue to help support WS.

That could be a "win-win" for persuading Ann Rule to do an interview! She wins, her publisher wins, WS wins, and members win!

McSpy
11-18-2012, 12:51 AM
How about Rick Baker. He is writing about the McStay Family Disappearance.

http://rickgbaker.blogspot.com/2012/11/final-book-cover.html

Tricia
12-02-2012, 09:26 PM
That is a really great thing to look forward to! Thank you for pursuing that.

I have another small suggestion-- which might bring a bit of revenue to WS.

Can you have Ann Rule's new book added to the crawler of books on the right side of the site? I think many may be interested in ordering the book, or e-book, and this could be an opportunity to bring a bit of revenue to help support WS.

That could be a "win-win" for persuading Ann Rule to do an interview! She wins, her publisher wins, WS wins, and members win!

ABSOLUTELY. As soon as the book comes out it will go on the crawler. Thank you.

WillenFan21
12-04-2012, 12:30 AM
Tricia you should try and get Somner Thompsons mom on your show sometime. I find her to be really inspiring.

Kimster
12-04-2012, 01:15 AM
How about Nancy Grace? :giggle:

PaulR
12-04-2012, 01:20 AM
How about Barbara Nordin? She's an expert in various unsolved crimes in the Charlottesville, VA area, especially the Pat Collins case.

http://patcollinscase.com/

nursebeeme
12-05-2012, 11:17 AM
How about Nancy Grace? :giggle:

where is that slap smilie when you need it!

hahaha

nursebeeme
12-05-2012, 11:18 AM
Mark Redwine (Dylan Redwine case)

AlwaysShocked
12-07-2012, 06:41 PM
I too think Nancy Grace should at least be invited to appear on the radio broadcast. At least then, if she gets a written invitation, perhaps she will get the name of the website correct.

And if I knew for sure she was going to get a written invitation, I would surely want to send her an email urging her to appear........

Signed "AlwaysShocked from websleuths.com", of course!

WillenFan21
12-09-2012, 12:09 AM
I'd love Nancy Grace!!!!

StephanieHartPI
03-03-2013, 10:38 PM
Mr Juan Martinez at the close of the Jodi Arias vs State of Arizona Trial.
That would be great to hear his thoughts once it's over. (if he can)

Tricia
03-03-2013, 10:56 PM
Mr Juan Martinez at the close of the Jodi Arias vs State of Arizona Trial.
That would be great to hear his thoughts once it's over. (if he can)

I WOULD LOVE to have him on. If he is still working for the D.A. he may not be able to comment after the trial.

You can bet I will try my best StephanieHartPI. By the way were you on hold tonight during the show? If so I apologize for not getting to you.

It was a crazy show. Great show but crazy. LOL

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/websleuths/2013/03/04/websleuths-radio

thefragile7393
03-06-2013, 10:37 PM
I would love Mr. Martinez, Det. Flores....or even Mike the court reporter LOL from the Arias trial

LadyEdith
03-14-2013, 10:10 AM
Hello Tricia,

I'm so glad I've discovered your radio show since coming to Websleuths. I have a show topic suggestion, I hope you find it interesting.

Since the Travis Alexander trial began, it seems the whole country has taken an interest in what is going on in that courtroom in Arizona. Indeed, it was this trial that brought me to websleuths (first as a lurker, then as a cautious poster).

The threads fly by so quickly it's hard to keep up, but those of us who do have really developed a deep relationship with this trial--it is as if we take it personally. Indeed, just looking at the responses KatieCoollady generates (as she said on your show, in her PM box) overwhelms her and shows how we each have a story to tell. It seems like most everyone has a trauma or difficult life circumstance that ties them somehow to this case. "Mormon Attorney" I know, (just from her posts)--works with children and families who have attachment disorder, basically kids who can grow up to be Jodi (lack of empathy, lack of authentic connection to others, lack of identity).

What I'd like to suggest is an episode of "True Crime Radio" devoted to the regular forum participants. Forum participants can call in and talk about why this case means so much to them, what it is exactly that is drawing them to it almost obsessively. It would be about OUR psychology, since we've been on the merry-go-round of Jodi's psychology ad nauseum, but the case will be the unifying factor. Perhaps some of the really regular and long time members of Websleuths could be your guests, and the call in participants would share their stories.

You could post a request that TA/JA forum watchers consider the question "what draws you to this case" during the week to prepare for Sunday evening.

All the best,

This is the friendliest and most well mannered forum I have ever participated in.

Regards,
Lady Edith

I bet KatieCoollady would be willing to recommend some forum participants that she interacts with on a regular basis to prime the pump and get us going. Personally, I'd like to have KatieCoollady again, Britskate, and Mormon Attorney.

websurfer
03-15-2013, 09:32 AM
I think he would make a great guest his sister was murdered and her killer has not been found.

The show focuses on serial killers.
He would be a great guest for your show.

Tricia
04-05-2013, 08:20 PM
I too think Nancy Grace should at least be invited to appear on the radio broadcast. At least then, if she gets a written invitation, perhaps she will get the name of the website correct.

And if I knew for sure she was going to get a written invitation, I would surely want to send her an email urging her to appear........

Signed "AlwaysShocked from websleuths.com", of course!

You all bring up great points. I will invite Nancy to come on the show.

Tricia
04-05-2013, 08:21 PM
Hello Tricia,

I'm so glad I've discovered your radio show since coming to Websleuths. I have a show topic suggestion, I hope you find it interesting.

Since the Travis Alexander trial began, it seems the whole country has taken an interest in what is going on in that courtroom in Arizona. Indeed, it was this trial that brought me to websleuths (first as a lurker, then as a cautious poster).

The threads fly by so quickly it's hard to keep up, but those of us who do have really developed a deep relationship with this trial--it is as if we take it personally. Indeed, just looking at the responses KatieCoollady generates (as she said on your show, in her PM box) overwhelms her and shows how we each have a story to tell. It seems like most everyone has a trauma or difficult life circumstance that ties them somehow to this case. "Mormon Attorney" I know, (just from her posts)--works with children and families who have attachment disorder, basically kids who can grow up to be Jodi (lack of empathy, lack of authentic connection to others, lack of identity).

What I'd like to suggest is an episode of "True Crime Radio" devoted to the regular forum participants. Forum participants can call in and talk about why this case means so much to them, what it is exactly that is drawing them to it almost obsessively. It would be about OUR psychology, since we've been on the merry-go-round of Jodi's psychology ad nauseum, but the case will be the unifying factor. Perhaps some of the really regular and long time members of Websleuths could be your guests, and the call in participants would share their stories.

You could post a request that TA/JA forum watchers consider the question "what draws you to this case" during the week to prepare for Sunday evening.

All the best,

This is the friendliest and most well mannered forum I have ever participated in.

Regards,
Lady Edith

I bet KatieCoollady would be willing to recommend some forum participants that she interacts with on a regular basis to prime the pump and get us going. Personally, I'd like to have KatieCoollady again, Britskate, and Mormon Attorney.

This is a very good idea Lady Edith. THANK YOU

scorekeeper
04-05-2013, 08:39 PM
Mark Redwine (Dylan Redwine case)

has Mark Redwine responded to your invitation to be on the show?

tia

Tricia
04-06-2013, 02:09 AM
has Mark Redwine responded to your invitation to be on the show?

tia

No he has not. I don't want to appear to harass him but I will try one more time. I send a text and leave a voice mail.

The reason why it would be good for Mark Redwine to appear my radio show is because he can tell his story and take all the time he needs. We have no commercials, no time restraints.

I'm am going to treat him as I would any other guest, with respect.

No matter what my feelings on a case may be if someone is my guest I will always be polite. I may ask tough questions but I will do so respectfully and I will let the guest take as long as she/he wants to answer.

No yelling or name calling.

My radio show is one of the few places in the media where the guest can truly say what they want and take as long as they want to state their feelings.

Odyssey
04-13-2013, 02:02 AM
Hi,

I don't know if this would fit into your subject matter, but thought I'd suggest it anyway.

I was just reading about the (very) cold case of Joseph Edwards LA LA - Joseph Edwards, 21 or 25, Vidalia, 12 Jul 1964 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

and I was just blown away by the coverage of this case by a Stanley Nelson of the Concordia Sentinel. I think any of us that read MP/True crime articles would be equally blown away.

This guy just doesn't let up. He obtained the FBI files (after the FBI said there was no file). LE has been unresponsive, so he has successfully sought out witnesses and clues on his own - and he's passed on this info to LE - but he didn't stop there. He followed up with these witnesses and even retired FBI agents that he's spoken with, and learned the LE never even contacted them. So he started putting pressure on LE, and publicizes this through his articles. He's been pushing this for at least 6 years now.

I think he's a fantastic example of the power of the media - and I wish more media outlets would follow his lead when it comes to missing persons. I'd love to hear his motivation for challenging the status quo, and maybe his take on the response he gets from the public and LE. And of course, if he'd be willing to feature more missing persons who desperately need his style of reporting.

Whatever happened to Joseph Edwards? Was he Silver Dollar Group target?
http://www.concordiasentinel.com/news.php?id=1135

Mysteries of the night Joseph Edwards disappeared
http://www.concordiasentinel.com/news.php?id=5161

Cold case witnesses, retired agents ignored by FBI in Edwards' probe
http://www.concordiasentinel.com/news.php?id=6830

There are several others, but these are a good representation.

Thanks for your consideration!

Odyssey
04-13-2013, 02:52 PM
Hi,

I don't know if this would fit into your subject matter, but thought I'd suggest it anyway.

I was just reading about the (very) cold case of Joseph Edwards LA LA - Joseph Edwards, 21 or 25, Vidalia, 12 Jul 1964 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145247)

and I was just blown away by the coverage of this case by a Stanley Nelson of the Concordia Sentinel. I think any of us that read MP/True crime articles would be equally blown away.

This guy just doesn't let up. He obtained the FBI files (after the FBI said there was no file). LE has been unresponsive, so he has successfully sought out witnesses and clues on his own - and he's passed on this info to LE - but he didn't stop there. He followed up with these witnesses and even retired FBI agents that he's spoken with, and learned the LE never even contacted them. So he started putting pressure on LE, and publicizes this through his articles. He's been pushing this for at least 6 years now.

I think he's a fantastic example of the power of the media - and I wish more media outlets would follow his lead when it comes to missing persons. I'd love to hear his motivation for challenging the status quo, and maybe his take on the response he gets from the public and LE. And of course, if he'd be willing to feature more missing persons who desperately need his style of reporting.

Whatever happened to Joseph Edwards? Was he Silver Dollar Group target?
http://www.concordiasentinel.com/news.php?id=1135

Mysteries of the night Joseph Edwards disappeared
http://www.concordiasentinel.com/news.php?id=5161

Cold case witnesses, retired agents ignored by FBI in Edwards' probe
http://www.concordiasentinel.com/news.php?id=6830

There are several others, but these are a good representation.

Thanks for your consideration!

Just wanted to add that the case on its own is very interesting as well - corrupt police, Ku Klux Klan, and people who are trying to get someone to take the information they have/remember about this case. It would probably be easy to get a case insider on the show as well.

Laura_Bean
04-20-2013, 02:45 PM
My vote is for the Sodder family. PLEASE showcase them. It's been so many years. Maybe someone will be able to help.

Justiceforever
04-20-2013, 03:14 PM
The "drifter" in the LISK case.

Who is Vito W Safarti https://www.facebook.com/vito.sarfati?fref=ts

He is the author of the book Confessions of the Oak Beach Drifter https://www.facebook.com/pages/Confessions-of-the-Oak-Beach-Drifter-by-W/467340189977720

Vito Safarti, if indeed, he is "THE DRIFTER" has some answers to a lot of questions in this case.

hayaletcatcher
04-29-2013, 06:18 PM
I have been lurking here a long time but have just started to enjoy the radio show, including older ones. Today I listened to the time Billie Dunn came on.. wow. So with that in mind here is some people I'd LOVE to hear you speak too.

A few have been mentioned but top two of those
CarlK from UID part of the forum (what an amazing person! If the did appear, please let me know when) and Desiree Young.

Too add-
Family member of Leah Hickman.
Andrew Gosden's father Kevin.
Kara Kopetsky's mother.

And the total pie in sky, will never happen- Kate and Gerry Mccann.

neverletgo
04-30-2013, 11:16 AM
No he has not. I don't want to appear to harass him but I will try one more time. I send a text and leave a voice mail.

The reason why it would be good for Mark Redwine to appear my radio show is because he can tell his story and take all the time he needs. We have no commercials, no time restraints.

I'm am going to treat him as I would any other guest, with respect.

No matter what my feelings on a case may be if someone is my guest I will always be polite. I may ask tough questions but I will do so respectfully and I will let the guest take as long as she/he wants to answer.

No yelling or name calling.

My radio show is one of the few places in the media where the guest can truly say what they want and take as long as they want to state their feelings.

I guess you still haven't heard anything from Mark, eh? :(

I have been lurking here a long time but have just started to enjoy the radio show, including older ones. Today I listened to the time Billie Dunn came on.. wow. So with that in mind here is some people I'd LOVE to hear you speak too.

A few have been mentioned but top two of those
CarlK from UID part of the forum (what an amazing person! If the did appear, please let me know when) and Desiree Young.

Too add-
Family member of Leah Hickman.
Andrew Gosden's father Kevin.
Kara Kopetsky's mother.

And the total pie in sky, will never happen- Kate and Gerry Mccann.

:goodpost:

Good suggestions!

arielilane
06-15-2013, 07:11 PM
I would like to suggest Ryan Ferguson's dad, Bill Ferguson speak on Tricia's true crime radio on behalf of Ryan. Bill has been fighting to free Ryan for a crime he did not commit. Ryan's story will again be shown on 48 Hours Mystery tonight.

http://freeryanferguson.com/

Tricia
06-15-2013, 10:39 PM
I would like to suggest Ryan Ferguson's dad, Bill Ferguson speak on Tricia's true crime radio on behalf of Ryan. Bill has been fighting to free Ryan for a crime he did not commit. Ryan's story will again be shown on 48 Hours Mystery tonight.

http://freeryanferguson.com/

Thank you. I have sent a message to Ryan's father.

This is such an incredible story and frustrating beyond belief.

Thank you arielilane for bringing it to my attention.

AlwaysShocked
08-24-2013, 06:46 PM
Investigative reporter Tony Ortega, former editor of the Village Voice. Currently reporting breaking news on the Domestic Terrorists arrested in Las Vegas. One of them is a high-level Scientologist. The other a registered sex offender and six time felon.

Tony's blog with contact info:
www.tonyortega.org

He would be a fascinating guest, especially now with this story still breaking.

Tricia
09-06-2013, 10:56 PM
Investigative reporter Tony Ortega, former editor of the Village Voice. Currently reporting breaking news on the Domestic Terrorists arrested in Las Vegas. One of them is a high-level Scientologist. The other a registered sex offender and six time felon.

Tony's blog with contact info:
www.tonyortega.org

He would be a fascinating guest, especially now with this story still breaking.

I actually know Tony Ortega. He was the only reporter brave enough to write about the information we had at www.forumsforjustice.org about Professor Michael Tracey and his bogus suspects in the JonBenet Ramsey case.

It was when Ortega broke the story in 2006 (that we had up on the forum for two years) that the rest of the media finally caught on as to what was happening in Boulder with this case.

Two years before Michael Tracey brought John Mark Carr to the Boulder D.A.'s attention as a "suspect" in the case he tried to do it with another innocent man and that's what Ortega wrote about.
Here are a couple of links if anyone is interested.

Forums for Justice Press Release/ Tracey Documentary Exposed - Forums For Justice

Chelly
10-23-2013, 02:00 PM
Tricia,
In light of the news of release of the Ramsey Indictment due Friday, Oct 25, 2013, can we get Police Chief James Kolar back on the radio soonest?

Tricia
10-23-2013, 09:34 PM
Tricia,
In light of the news of release of the Ramsey Indictment due Friday, Oct 25, 2013, can we get Police Chief James Kolar back on the radio soonest?

Chief Kolar and I spoke last week and it is looking good. :)

Chelly
10-23-2013, 09:52 PM
Chief Kolar and I spoke last week and it is looking good. :)

Yes!!!!!!!
Thank YOU, Tricia!
A bit of Steve Thomas might be nice as well.....OK, OK....asking for too much.

Tricia
10-23-2013, 10:14 PM
Yes!!!!!!!
Thank YOU, Tricia!

I'm afraid I scared off Chief Kolar forever. I sang this into his voicemail:

"I heard the news today oh boy"...

Kind of a play on words on "A Day in the Life" by the Beatles.

He may never all me back. I wouldn't blame him.

Linda7NJ
10-23-2013, 10:23 PM
I'm afraid I scared off Chief Kolar forever. I sang this into his voicemail:

"I heard the news today oh boy"...

Kind of a play on words on "A Day in the Life" by the Beatles.

He may never all me back. I wouldn't blame him.

Lol!!! He will, he will!!!

I am sooo thrilled ..,I can barely contain myself:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Linda7NJ
10-23-2013, 10:25 PM
Yes!!!!!!!
Thank YOU, Tricia!

Ohhhhh Kolar with a side of Steve! Sounds just perfect!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Tricia
10-23-2013, 11:06 PM
Good News. Kolar is coming on the show along with Beth Karas. Now working on a side of Steve.

Cherry
10-23-2013, 11:14 PM
AJ in CA, Phil Spector trial and tell him I said to bring Fidler too.

Hehe

margarita25
10-24-2013, 03:25 AM
Amanda Berry and Gina DeJesus
http://www.latimes.com/books/jacketcopy/la-et-jc-ohio-kidnapping-victims-writing-a-book-20131022,0,5242517.story#axzz2iccbLrpX

"By Emily Keeler
October 22, 2013, 7:52 a.m.
Amanda Berry and Gina DeJesus, two of the three women held captive for about 10 years in a house in Cleveland, are working on a book. And they've got some heavy-hitters to help them.

The book, about their years of imprisonment and daring escape, will be co-written by Pulitzer Prize winners Mary Jordan and Kevin Sullivan, a married team of Washington Post reporters. Jordan is a Cleveland native.

Also on Berry and DeJesus' side is Washington attorney Robert Barnett, who has negotiated book deals for Barack Obama, Bill Clinton, George W. Bush, Tony Blair, Hillary Rodham Clinton, Laura Bush, Bob Woodward, Dick Cheney, Alan Greenspan, Sarah Palin, Amanda Knox and more. Barnett's office released a statement about the book to the Associated Press on Monday afternoon."

Tricia
10-24-2013, 08:41 AM
Thank you for the suggestion. I would LOVE to have these incredible women on my show and will do my best to get them to appear. I'll keep you posted :)

Chelly
10-24-2013, 12:36 PM
Good News. Kolar is coming on the show along with Beth Karas. Now working on a side of Steve.

You are making the JBR Forum VERY HAPPPY!
HUGS!