PDA

View Full Version : GUILTY MI - Amy Henslee, 30, Hartford Township, 24 Jan 2011 - #4

Pages : [1] 2

Texas Mist
01-31-2011, 05:54 PM
Please continue case discussion here

Previous Threads

Thread #1 (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126359)

Thread #2 (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126538)

Thread #3 (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126598)

The full WS TOS and "rules" can be found here: The Rules (http://websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=159)

Lgs0899
01-31-2011, 06:11 PM
Ok I'm still not buying that tonya & Amy were friends ... Doesn't seem likely to me....don't think she was there having coffee. She was lured out of that house under duress or lured....IMO

Wise Old Owl
01-31-2011, 06:16 PM
Here's a thought on the "lure" he could have used.

He could have told her the school bus slid off the road and that everyone was going to pick their kids up - no one was hurt but c'mon we'll go get the kids and take them to school. That would have got her out of the house quickly and only for a minute to go "get the kids".

JMHO

DeepThinker
01-31-2011, 06:30 PM
Ok I'm still not buying that tonya & Amy were friends ... Doesn't seem likely to me....don't think she was there having coffee. She was lured out of that house under duress or lured....IMO

IMO, I don't think they were "friends", ... but maybe Amy was "friendly" towards her....she seems like that kind of person. And, maybe since Amy was familiar with JB, then perhaps she approached Amy to see how she should handle the situation....I know if I were involved in a relationship that I was tentatively looking to get out of and thought there might be trouble, I might call on another family member to help, because they know how the other person thinks...kwim?

revampz
01-31-2011, 06:48 PM
I dont think they were friends.....amy wasnt a friend of Tonyas on facebook, nor anyone in her family.

One thing people are saying is that they think Amy could not possibly like anyone like BJB etc and he must have lured her there etc

IMO judging from those photos she was close to him and liked him alot. Body Language...you do not pose that close with your arm around someone you are a bit repulsed by and in the 2nd photo her arm is leaning on his. Not the body language from someone who might not like the other person, the opposite in fact.

I think they were close and she did not hesitate going with him for whatever reason as she trusted him.

The million dollar question is was it more than close family/friend relationship?

I also think it is possible for Tonya to shoot Amy out of jealousy.

The news reports had her madly in love with Junior, he was her life.

Please note I am still very very much on the fence about the affair scenario, but I certainly do not think she was repulsed or would not like BJB.

Also for those who dont think an attractive woman might be attracted to him, have you seen all of the photos of Tonya? the one they use the most has her looking a bit hard, but the others I have seen she was a very attractive woman.

4carlie
01-31-2011, 06:56 PM

He could have told her the school bus slid off the road and that everyone was going to pick their kids up - no one was hurt but c'mon we'll go get the kids and take them to school. That would have got her out of the house quickly and only for a minute to go "get the kids".

JMHO

I agree that school bus story would get Amy out of her house and into his truck. But what we cannot fathom is why? Did he premeditate the cold-blooded murder of a woman everyone said was a good person and for whom we think he had high regard? We saw photos of them that showed they were friends. If he had affection for her as a family member, nothing more, how could he be moved to murder her? If he had strong feelings for her (desire), unrequited, would he have taken her to that creepy trailer to rape her? What sane friend/family member does that?

It seems there had to be some kind of confrontation, drama, passionate altercation... for him to have killed Amy and his girlfriend... The theory of drugs/steroids at least makes sense... he could have just gone off the deep end with rage, but what caused it? If Amy tried to counsel the couple that separation was the best answer, could she be murdered for that? Rage comes to mind, nothing less. It's like trying to think about infinity... Tragic.

OldSteve
01-31-2011, 08:27 PM
Looking at the picture of trailer that Dr. Fessel posted on page 20 of the last thread
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126598&page=20
I am surprised that to see the trailer has not been roped off as a crime scene! Blood spatter and other forensics I hope haven't been compromised, as they will help disprove the claim of self-defense. I thought the FBI was involved early on, and they have the resourses to do the forensics needed.

TexasLil
01-31-2011, 08:37 PM
I just can't believe there was no news coverage today when the autopsy reports should have been released. Based on FB seems like plenty of family ready to talk as well.

JMO

msnewzealand
01-31-2011, 08:45 PM
It's a little crazy to see people still posting (copying and pasting from what I see) the message that they hope she comes home safe and sound.

legallee
01-31-2011, 09:06 PM
I'm on the fence on this one. I just don't know. I hope more comes out soon. It's hard for me to picture him driving to her house KNOWING he was going to kill her, and for what reason? I just don't get the motive. I don't think Tonya and Amy were friends. And I do think Amy and BJB were pretty close as it seems to show in the photos. It's all confusing to me right now, need more info.

norest4thewicked
01-31-2011, 09:22 PM
He told the story that he and Amy were having an affair and his GF found about it. Apparently from what he said was that when the GF walked in on them, the GF shot Amy. He "accidentally" shot the GF in self defense.

oceanblueeyes
01-31-2011, 09:30 PM
In a voicemail left with the Gazette, James Henslee said he did not believe Beebe's story.

James Henslee said he did not have time to talk further because he was spending time with his son [Jd], who turned 11 Monday. The couple also has another son, 8-year-old [Jh].

"I think he had a sick obsession with my wife," James Henslee said of Beebe. “He’s being charged with a double homicide for a reason. The detectives know more than I do.”

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2011/01/amy_henslees_husband_says_juni.html

norest4thewicked
01-31-2011, 09:47 PM
In a voicemail left with the Gazette, James Henslee said he did not believe Beebe's story.

James Henslee said he did not have time to talk further because he was spending time with his son [Jd], who turned 11 Monday. The couple also has another son, 8-year-old [Jh].

"I think he had a sick obsession with my wife," James Henslee said of Beebe. “He’s being charged with a double homicide for a reason. The detectives know more than I do.”

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2011/01/amy_henslees_husband_says_juni.html

That would be a hard one for anyone to believe.

oceanblueeyes
01-31-2011, 10:03 PM
That would be a hard one for anyone to believe.

I don't understand norest.

What would be a hard one for anyone to believe?

I do think that James is reflecting back now and trying to come up with some reason why Jr. murdered Amy. Obsession is very logical thought process for him to consider, imo. People murder quite often due to having an obsession toward a particular person even if the person is unaware of it nor wants the perps feelings toward them.

As James says. He just 'thinks' this but knows Jr has been charged with double homicide for a reason. He admits that the detectives knows more than he does.

But if it were my loved one I would be trying to think what could have possibly caused this to happen so I understand James thinking this may have been the motive.

IMO

lilacwine
01-31-2011, 10:58 PM
I go back to the witness who saw two women in the truck. I truly think it was Amy and Tonya in the truck with him.
I don't think he planned to kill Amy.
I think some terrible argument occurred and things spiraled out of control....

mcdeanie
01-31-2011, 11:17 PM
One thing that James said very early in the search for Amy that haunts me: "Was there any problem in your marriage?" He answered simply, "Possibly." Did he have an inkling before this tragedy that James had an obsession with his wife?

mcdeanie
01-31-2011, 11:18 PM
Sorry about that. I meant to say Beebe had an obsession.

oceanblueeyes
01-31-2011, 11:19 PM
I go back to the witness who saw two women in the truck. I truly think it was Amy and Tonya in the truck with him.
I don't think he planned to kill Amy.
I think some terrible argument occurred and things spiraled out of control....

I don't know it seems pretty premeditated to me. He takes both women away and both wind up being murdered by him.

Certainly one of them was that is for sure.

Maybe he lured her away and sexually assaulted her and she told him she was going to tell James and then he decided to kill her and killed Tonya because she also would be a witness that would tell what had happened.

I think the claim that they were in the middle of having sex was nothing more than to explain the DNA away that will be found. Imo, he sexually assaulted her and like all rapists they try to say the sex was willingly done by both parties.

IMO

Lgs0899
01-31-2011, 11:40 PM
I'm still puzzled by James interview ....it disturbed me

Lgs0899
01-31-2011, 11:43 PM
One thing that James said very early in the search for Amy that haunts me: "Was there any problem in your marriage?" He answered simply, "Possibly." Did he have an inkling before this tragedy that James had an obsession with his wife?

Where was this in a interview?

DeepThinker
01-31-2011, 11:45 PM
I don't think this scenario has been discussed yet, and if it has, please forgive me...

what if Tonya told JB that she was leaving him...somehow Amy's name came into it, and he lost it....grabbed T and put her in the truck...drove over to Amy's...went and forcefully grabbed her (by the arm or whatever) and says basically "you're coming with me...we're gonna straighten all this out NOW!"...so, atm, he's not planning on killing them, just getting Amy to talk Tonya into staying with him....talking gets out of hand...the rest is history.

The other scenario I thought of is what if JB had some obsession with Amy, brought Tonya along to talk Amy into coming with them, JB wanted a threesome, Amy didn't want to, tried to leave, said I'm gonna tell James, and he killed her, then T freaked out, was a witness and he killed her?

Either way, I don't think it was premeditated, but definitely rage-induced.

IMO JMO and all that

msteach
01-31-2011, 11:46 PM
I'm not buying his story for a number of reasons. I hunt and shoot and I can tell you -- what he's claiming is pretty unrealistic. With a little .22 rifle or a handgun, maybe. With a shotgun -- chances are pretty slim that it played out like he said it did after he had a few days to think up a good story.

Like Doc mentioned, in that small camper trailer with three people in there (one of them being the hefty Junior, himself) -- and in a heightened emotional state and a lot of commotion, which would have definitely been the case -- the odds of Tonya grabbing the shotgun, getting the muzzle pointed at Amy, and firing and shooting and getting a well aimed shot off at her head (smaller target than her body) are pretty slim. Before she was able to get the muzzle raised and aimed, Junior could have knocked it down or away and there would have likely been a shot that went through the camper somewhere else -- and not the one shot that killed Amy.

Plus, we don't even know if Tonya was adept with a shotgun. For all we know, she had never picked up a shotgun in her life. If that were the case, the odds just got slimmer.

Even if she DID shoot Amy (which I don't believe for a second), there is still no reason that he would have had to kill her, too. He is twice her weight, even though he is only 5'6" -- so he was obviously strong enough to allegedly wrestle the gun away from her (per his story). That being the case, why would he not just keep her in his sights and call the police? Heck...that's what I'd do under those circumstances. It didn't sound like there was another firearm close by that he was afraid she would grab, so that wouldn't have been a worry.

Picture it...Amy is deceased and Beebe has the gun in his hands -- allegedly for self defense. Tonya looks like she weighs not much more than 110# soaking wet. Wouldn't the logical thing be to keep her at bay with the loaded gun that he had in his hands and either have her dial the police, call for help (especially since his mom was supposed to be close by at this point), or march her up to a neighbor's house or to the main house (with the gun pointed at her the whole way) and call 911?

Maybe he liked the thought of two women fighting over him...sure sounds like it to me.

mcdeanie
02-01-2011, 12:01 AM
LGS0899: I am sorry that I can't point to the interview. I believe he also said in that interview that he wanted to take a lie detector test. It was very early on....right after she was discovered missing when they were searching for her and trying to figure out where she could have gone. I don't know where to look for it. He said it in an unsure, soft, tentative voice. He didn't expound on it in any way. Heartwrenching, really. I thought at the time that he was just considering anything in the world, no matter how outlandish to him, that might have happened, But now as I think about it, maybe he was thinking of Beebe after what he said today about the obsession??

DeepThinker
02-01-2011, 12:23 AM
it's probably just me, but I cannot get the vision of a smug-looking JB looking down in the hole after he put Amy and Tonya in it...it's as clear as day in my mind, and every time I think of the scenario, this pic comes into my head...

I truly feel something happened that he was NOT going to be bested by a couple of girls. I feel that is his mentality.

IMO JMO :cow:

Lgs0899
02-01-2011, 01:01 AM
Ok I wonder if "tonya" allegedly shot amy which I doubt was the shot gun just laying around hunting season ended nov 30 so doesn't a sportsmen probably like clean or oil gun and put away I'm not a hunter but that's what my friends husband does at the end if each season ...just my thinking also it's a pretty small space & if tonya walked up on them wouldn't they have heard her footprints in snow? It's pretty loud when u r walking on snow ...the trailer is do small why wouldn't he have had time to get gun away? He is supposedly some big tough guy ...come on now he'd better come up with something better then that

ktaran
02-01-2011, 02:57 AM
Assuming she knows exactly where the gun was and how to use it, picks it up, aims, shoots, cocks again, takes aim again and shoots again. Because Beebe didn't have any pellet wounds himself, we would have to assume that he is standing between AH and TH and she still managed a perfect head shot. If she made that shot from the door, knowing she only has 1 shot left to chamber (we have to assume she knew how many bullets she gets if she knows how to shoot it that well) and it would likely be her last shot, why why why waste the 2nd shot on AH again. There would have been NO doubt in her mind that the first shot hit. Why not at least take the 2nd shot at him. She had to have known he would kill her once he got to her. Self defense comes to mind here. If I had two bullets, and weighed 110 pounds, I would rather take my chances with a physical fight with AH and use the rounds for the guy who I know I don't stand a chance against. If he were closer, he also seems to be the easiest target. Between pulling the trigger once, cocking, aiming again... there are several seconds in which the 2nd shot never would not have had time to happened. Even if AH had just been shot twice, and he finally gets the gun ... he should have known if TH is dead, nobody will believe him. Self defense, or even just plane anger, he should have taken a bullet to each leg and then he wouldn't have to worry about her running and would live to tell what happened. Also about the trailer ... I am from that area, and as teenagers none of us would have left a heated vehicle to have relations in a cold no windowed trailer. I would think they could have just stayed in the truck and pulled the truck off into the woods a littlle more or found a different area to "park" in. I'm just sayin ... not that I have tried it!

amysmom
02-01-2011, 03:00 AM
James thinks cuz had this "sick obsession" with Amy..So, did James ever mention it to her or confront him about it? I wish we knew!

revampz
02-01-2011, 07:18 AM
what does concern me somewhat is why he put those pictures on facebook?

I am not sure but we know he put pics on facebook after the girls must have died. does anyone know if this includes the 3 with amy in them?

If so I think this was done for a reason.

2 things come to mind: one he was broken hearted because he loved her and these
photos were special to him
two he knew those photos might help his case in the belief
they were having an affair.

if it is the second reason then he is wanting some sort of proof of what really happened,
OR he is being devious and turning what are innocent photos into a case to get him off a murder charge.

Once again I am still sitting on the fence on this one.

wish a few locals would comment on the news sites with any gossip or whatever about an affair, so far there has only been 2 statements that I have seen, but nothing else of any substance.

In small towns like this usually there is some form of gossip, you would think someone would have some sort of inkling

Waddles
02-01-2011, 07:29 AM
http://www.wwmt.com/articles/buren-1386797-newschannel-county.html

Christensen couldn't comment on an open case, but did talk generically about forensic evidence gathering, like analyzing blood splatter caused by gunshots.

“That blood can tell you a lot about where a shot came from,” said Det. Christensen, “what the trajectory was, things of that nature.”

Beebe allegedly claims that Tonya shot Amy first, then he fought with Tonya over the gun, which is when she was killed. Christensen says a struggle could leave a lot of evidence behind.

“You could be looking for many things, such as blood smears, transfers from one person to another in terms of bruising, DNA transfer,” said Christensen.

Christensen says investigators also need to be wary of a staged scene or even a faked struggle in any given case.

“By looking at it through experience, the investigator's experience and things like that, with how things normally happen, then you can make a determination if it was staged or not,” said Christensen.

Again, Christensen couldn't comment on the Henslee and Howarth murders, and spoke only generically about forensic science.

It is not yet know what evidence was collected from the crime scene, and it could take months to get lab work back.

lilacwine
02-01-2011, 08:00 AM
I think if it were premeditated, he'd have had a better plan on cleaning up the blood

Waddles
02-01-2011, 08:08 AM
That one puzzles me, he buries the bodies but doesn't clean up the blood, almost as if he wanted it to be seen, I don't know. Premeditated or spontaneous decision, you still clean up after don't you?

Waddles
02-01-2011, 08:33 AM
Don't know if this was posted, I hadn't seen this part

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local/sw_mich/Beebe-defense-upsets-victim-family

"If he's saying what happened happened, how come he didn't get the gun away from Tonya and call the cops?" Kraiger said. "She was 120 pounds, you know? He could very easily have gotten the gun away from her."
Grabbing a weapon doesn't fit in Tonya's behavior, her sister told 24 Hour News 8.
"She was never violent," Kraiger said. "She got angry, she would yell, but she was never -- she wasn't violent."
And as for the shot gun?
"Far as we knew, she doesn't know how to shoot one," Kraiger said.

jenniferst
02-01-2011, 08:34 AM
That one puzzles me, he buries the bodies but doesn't clean up the blood, almost as if he wanted it to be seen, I don't know. Premeditated or spontaneous decision, you still clean up after don't you?

You would think he would, wouldn't you? This has puzzled me as well- not a whole lot of problem solving power with this guy apparently.

swanniee11
02-01-2011, 08:36 AM

I think he thought he may have had more time. I don't think he thought James would have noticed so quickly that something was wrong and came home, made calls, talked to neighbors etc. He probably didn't want to be seen near that trailer at that point. IMO

Waddles
02-01-2011, 08:55 AM
I think he thought he may have had more time. I don't think he thought James would have noticed so quickly that something was wrong and came home, made calls, talked to neighbors etc. He probably didn't want to be seen near that trailer at that point. IMO

But presumably he had between Monday morning supposed time of death and Thursday afternoon when dogs found blood to clean up?

Waddles
02-01-2011, 08:59 AM
Or maybe as you say he didn't want to be seen near trailer so was at his mother's and was coming back on Thursday with the intention to clean when LE found him showing up there...

Waddles
02-01-2011, 09:21 AM
http://www.wzzm13.com/news/news_story.aspx?storyid=151614&catid=14

The family of Amy Henslee,30, says the Van Buren County woman was tricked into leaving her home in Hartford by the man who murdered her.
"And there is no one on this earth that will make me believe anything different," says family spokesperson Wendy Boyd. "She was tricked. She was coerced."

Her family says they don't know why Henslee left her home with Beebe, but say they are sure it wasn't to have an affair.

"Tonya didn't walk into any kind of situation," says Boyd. "Look for the gunpowder residue, that's going to tell you a lot. I have all the faith in the world in the police task force. They are doing their job and it's going to come out sooner or later."

norest4thewicked
02-01-2011, 09:43 AM
I don't understand norest.

What would be a hard one for anyone to believe?

I do think that James is reflecting back now and trying to come up with some reason why Jr. murdered Amy. Obsession is very logical thought process for him to consider, imo. People murder quite often due to having an obsession toward a particular person even if the person is unaware of it nor wants the perps feelings toward them.

As James says. He just 'thinks' this but knows Jr has been charged with double homicide for a reason. He admits that the detectives knows more than he does.

But if it were my loved one I would be trying to think what could have possibly caused this to happen so I understand James thinking this may have been the motive.

IMO

I'm sorry. I meant it would be hard for anyone to believe the story that he is NOW telling...that his GF shot Amy! I totally agree with what you said! Sorry it came out wrong...:)

Lgs0899
02-01-2011, 10:59 AM
What.about the fact of who lived in the house in front of the trailer did they not hear or see anything suspicious? Now we are hearing tonya didn't even know how to use a gun per sister ...how many days later where bodies found ? Plenty of time to clean up ...thus guy is a straight up pyscho ...the only question is why amy ?where does she come in I really do not think she was a friend of tonya ...

Lurkey Lou
02-01-2011, 11:03 AM

I'm going to try to find the article, but somewhere it was also stated not only did he call her at 10 am every day, but multiple times a day. This to me sounds like a man checking up on his wife, if that was truly the case. Which leads me to believe he suspected something was going on with her.

Waddles
02-01-2011, 11:20 AM
I often call my mother, partner and/or my best friends multiple times a day, depending on what's going on. Amy didn't have a mobile phone so texting or emailing wasn't possible. I think everyone's different. I'm on the fence on this one- I understand how it can be thought of as controlling or checking up on her but it also may well have been normal for them. It was said they regularly talked on his break anyway. Maybe he's just a big worrier, or maybe he just likes sharing his day, I'm not sure there is anything to this but I could be wrong. Someone also mentioned she was not comfortable with being outside the home alone, maybe he called her to check on her because she was the one who needed to hear from him regularly for reassurance-we just don't know.

cluciano63
02-01-2011, 11:31 AM
I'm going to try to find the article, but somewhere it was also stated not only did he call her at 10 am every day, but multiple times a day. This to me sounds like a man checking up on his wife, if that was truly the case. Which leads me to believe he suspected something was going on with her.

This, plus saying that it was possible there were problems in the marriage, if I read that right...might mean he suspected something. Either there are problems, or there aren't...I've never heard "possible" before.

DeepThinker
02-01-2011, 11:50 AM
DH and I talk several times a day...he calls me and I call him....it's not to check up on each other, but to say "hi, how's it goin?" It's just what we do.

EnvoyDriver61
02-01-2011, 11:52 AM
RE: calling several times a day.

It's funny that some posters suspect the husband was suspicious of the wife for calling several times a day.

I can see the opposite: a woman, home alone in a rural area, etc. She may have asked for him to call her several times a day for security purposes or just to have a human voice to talk to without leaving the warmth of a house.

His calling, to me, doesn't automatically make him suspicious and checking up on her.

Waddles
02-01-2011, 12:00 PM
RE: calling several times a day.

It's funny that some posters suspect the husband was suspicious of the wife for calling several times a day.

I can see the opposite: a woman, home alone in a rural area, etc. She may have asked for him to call her several times a day for security purposes or just to have a human voice to talk to without leaving the warmth of a house.

His calling, to me, doesn't automatically make him suspicious and checking up on her.

BBM
Exactly, that's what I wrote above, especially since it was said early on when she was missing that she wasn't comfortable leaving the house alone.

mommy23
02-01-2011, 12:14 PM
My DH is a sahd, and I work 10 hour days, I call him on every break, when I get to work, when I leave work, if there is traffic, etc, there are probably 10+ calls back and forth on a normal day, and I don't see it as odd. I def am not trying to control him, or check up on him.....He is at home with no car, 3 kids, and a puppy, I KNOW he isn't messing around LOL:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

westsidefox64
02-01-2011, 01:19 PM
I dont see him calling several time a day as odd either. My husband is my best friend I love hearing from him frequently through the day. It makes me feel good to know when he has a spare minute im the one on his mind. JMO

AuburnPoet
02-01-2011, 01:54 PM
When I was married and my husband worked and I didn't, he called on each break and at lunch. The whole first 5 years we were married; until I got part=time work and wasn't home some of the time. But it wasn't because he didn't trust me or anything, it was because we wanted to talk to each other. So I don't find anything odd in James calling her at break every day.

I would, however, find it odd to think she was having an affair with the accused and leaving for a 'quickie' so close to time for her husband to call. Why leave at all. That makes absolutely no sense to me. His story won't hold up I shouldn't think.

darlin gal
02-01-2011, 02:17 PM
I think Beebe is just making up stories to look "better" to his family. JMO

Texas Mist
02-01-2011, 04:11 PM
Not suspicous to me either, if that was it.

Until you add the fact that he hinted at possible marital problems. And things others said about her having had affairs in the past. The very cozy hand nearly on butt picture......things that like make me re-evaluate my opinion.

Then it makes me wonder.

Try to get caught up in this thread again and have some questions.

1) who is the "he" that "hinted at possible marital problems"?
2) re: "others said about her having had affairs in the past" - is there a link for this, or is this local rumor?

Thanks!

lilacwine
02-01-2011, 04:13 PM
Is there a link to someone saying she had affairs in the past? I haven't read that AT ALL

OldSteve
02-01-2011, 04:25 PM
Glad to see Det. Christensen is going after blood splatter evidence... as I mentinoned earlier, I just hope the crime scene has not been contaminated - it wasn't roped off....also, since the FBI was (is?) involved they have the people to do that...

Also, this case is typical of a person being caught, and then coming out with the self-defence claim. If it were really self-defense, the thing to do would be for him to have gone immediately to LE before he was tracked down and charged!

Are we sure the shootings too place inside the trailer?

http://www.wwmt.com/articles/buren-1386797-newschannel-county.html

Christensen couldn't comment on an open case, but did talk generically about forensic evidence gathering, like analyzing blood splatter caused by gunshots.

“That blood can tell you a lot about where a shot came from,” said Det. Christensen, “what the trajectory was, things of that nature.”

Beebe allegedly claims that Tonya shot Amy first, then he fought with Tonya over the gun, which is when she was killed. Christensen says a struggle could leave a lot of evidence behind.

“You could be looking for many things, such as blood smears, transfers from one person to another in terms of bruising, DNA transfer,” said Christensen.

Christensen says investigators also need to be wary of a staged scene or even a faked struggle in any given case.

“By looking at it through experience, the investigator's experience and things like that, with how things normally happen, then you can make a determination if it was staged or not,” said Christensen.

Again, Christensen couldn't comment on the Henslee and Howarth murders, and spoke only generically about forensic science.

It is not yet know what evidence was collected from the crime scene, and it could take months to get lab work back.

amysmom
02-01-2011, 04:30 PM
Amy's Obit:

http://obits.mlive.com/obituaries/kalamazoo/obituary.aspx?n=amy-henslee&pid=148277977

amysmom
02-01-2011, 04:35 PM
Try to get caught up in this thread again and have some questions.

1) who is the "he" that "hinted at possible marital problems"?
2) re: "others said about her having had affairs in the past" - is there a link for this, or is this local rumor?

Thanks!

1) Amy's husband James
2) local rumor I believe comes from comment section at ?? news site..I can't provide any other info cos I haven't seen it myself.

amysmom
02-01-2011, 04:52 PM
Amy's MOM speaks to reporter at vigil: (a bit after 2:10)

http://www.wzzm13.com/news/news_story.aspx?storyid=151614&catid=14

chaddylex
02-01-2011, 05:05 PM
Amy's Obit:

http://obits.mlive.com/obituaries/kalamazoo/obituary.aspx?n=amy-henslee&pid=148277977

I read Amy's obituary, and it brought me to tears. She must of been a special girl. My heart goes out to James, her sons and her entire family.

Texas Mist
02-01-2011, 05:31 PM
1) Amy's husband James
2) local rumor I believe comes from comment section at ?? news site..I can't provide any other info cos I haven't seen it myself.

Thank you amysmom. I haven't read anything in MSM re: rumors that have been substantiated either.

I'm going to use this post as a jumping off point.

Posts will be removed that mention rumors about the victims. James is a victim as well - so stating as fact what is only speculation is not allowed.

Please limit discussion to MSM 'facts'.

amysmom
02-01-2011, 06:26 PM
Thank you amysmom. I haven't read anything in MSM re: rumors that have been substantiated either.

I'm going to use this post as a jumping off point.

Posts will be removed that mention rumors about the victims. James is a victim as well - so stating as fact what is only speculation is not allowed.

Please limit discussion to MSM 'facts'.

I don't think anything should be stated in MSM at all re: these rumors but the problem is the family & their friend (spokeperson) are addressing them in the media ever since JR came out a few days ago with his "affair" story..I understand their anger & desire to clear Amy's name but it's really just bringing more attention to it=many are now wondering if it could possibly be true or just flat out believe him..OTH! keeping quiet about it/ignoring it may not be the right way to go either..I honestly don't know what's the best route for them to take..Maybe there isn't one?

lilacwine
02-01-2011, 07:10 PM
What if he told her something happened to James and that's why she went with him. That would explain her leaving before the phone call...

oceanblueeyes
02-01-2011, 08:08 PM
I don't think anything should be stated in MSM at all re: these rumors but the problem is the family & their friend (spokeperson) are addressing them in the media ever since JR came out a few days ago with his "affair" story..I understand their anger & desire to clear Amy's name but it's really just bringing more attention to it=many are now wondering if it could possibly be true or just flat out believe him..OTH! keeping quiet about it/ignoring it may not be the right way to go either..I honestly don't know what's the best route for them to take..Maybe there isn't one?

I believe those who want to believe it will and those who want substantiation.. will not believe it.

If it was not true about one of my loved ones I would NOT stand down and give the floor only to the murderer and his family and let them taint her memory.

It is horrible that some believe the words of a murderer over the ones who really knew Amy and her family.

No wonder James is desperately trying to honor his wife and keep her reputation intact.

IMO

the bruiser
02-01-2011, 08:09 PM
News article just posted....

“When I talked to him, I surprised him,” said James Henslee, 32. “He didn’t think anyone had seen him. ... I think I caught him off guard.”

Later that day, Beebe called James Henslee back to see if Amy Henslee had returned home, James Henslee said.

During that call, Beebe also mentioned he hadn’t seen Howarth, either, James Henslee said.
http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2011/02/amy_henslees_husband_talked_to.html

peeples
02-01-2011, 08:24 PM
FWIW-
I did walk in my hubby having an affair and I went after the woman first and she wasn't even family or a friend she was a stranger, but in those few split seconds I wanted my kids to have their father and I needed him around to pay child support so HER it was!!

DeepThinker
02-01-2011, 08:31 PM
This, plus saying that it was possible there were problems in the marriage, if I read that right...might mean he suspected something. Either there are problems, or there aren't...I've never heard "possible" before.

to me, and I could be TOTALLY off base here, when James said there were "possible" marriage problems, he may have had some inkling that JB was "interested" in Amy...so the problem would be more like "yeah - he's interested in MY wife". Nothing about Amy reciprocating that at all. I guess, more of a protective/defensive response than an actual affair. Am I making any sense? :crazy:

JMO

oceanblueeyes
02-01-2011, 08:54 PM
News article just posted....

“When I talked to him, I surprised him,” said James Henslee, 32. “He didn’t think anyone had seen him. ... I think I caught him off guard.”

Later that day, Beebe called James Henslee back to see if Amy Henslee had returned home, James Henslee said.

During that call, Beebe also mentioned he hadn’t seen Howarth, either, James Henslee said.
http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2011/02/amy_henslees_husband_talked_to.html

The gun that investigators believe was used to kill Howarth and Henslee was found in a second camper-style trailer located on the same property as the trailer where the killings are believed to have occurred in Hartford Township, Kaps said.

So the little rinky dink camper we have been seeing is where the gun and bodies were found but wasnt the trailer they were both killed in?

IMO

cluciano63
02-01-2011, 09:02 PM
I do NOT believe Amy was having an affair with this "man", but seeing how she was friendly with him in photos, I can see where he might have decided she had a "thing" for him, in his mind...there are some men you just can't be friendly with, without them thinking it is all about sex or attraction.

It is disgusting that he is saying this after murdering her, and that anyone at all would believe him.

DeepThinker
02-01-2011, 09:23 PM
ok...I admit it...I am stuck on the TH leaving JB scenario - perhaps A told T that she could stay with them if she needed someplace to go (feeling safe because she had James there as protection, and thought she could handle JB); argument ensued between JB and TH, something was said that TH would go stay with A. JB got mad, said something to the effect of well, she can get her s*** out now then, and A can help. Stuffed TH in truck, (upset by this time - crying), JB drove over to A's, got out, told her she's coming to help T get her stuff and get out. Puts A in truck, T stays in truck cuz she's scared of JB's temper. A & T start to move T's stuff out, this just infuriates JB even more that she's actually leaving and he blows up. IMO, he shoots T first, A is horrified and tries to run, then he shoots her. Buries both women, doesn't think anyone saw him, doesn't worry about the blood because he thinks he's safe. Goes back to house up front, sits down, has a beer, then starts putting together a story.

this is my theory...and I'm stickin' to it...well, at least until the real one comes out. :)

truthsleuth
02-01-2011, 09:30 PM
The gun that investigators believe was used to kill Howarth and Henslee was found in a second camper-style trailer located on the same property as the trailer where the killings are believed to have occurred in Hartford Township, Kaps said.

So the little rinky dink camper we have been seeing is where the gun and bodies were found but wasnt the trailer they were both killed in?

IMO

Way back in my map of Beebe's property and camper, there was indeed a second "structure"/camper. Look here:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6066520&postcount=24

Maybe that's what they're referring to?

oceanblueeyes
02-01-2011, 09:37 PM
Way back in my map of Beebe's property and camper, there was indeed a second "structure"/camper. Look here:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6066520&postcount=24

Maybe that's what they're referring to?

Thanks TS.

I see the white motorized camper trailer that looks about 30-35 feet long that is off to the left in the photo at an angle. Is that where he lived?

So is the much smaller pull camper the one where the gun was found and the bodies buried close by? Is that the one you are saying is way back into the trees?

Sorry, my eyes aren't the best in the world.

the bruiser
02-01-2011, 09:46 PM

IMO

Thats how I read it too... Which does change my opinion a bit on the possibility of an alleged affair. No proof one way or the other but I didn't think there was any chance of an affair transpiring in the little camper. Hiding bodies and weapons is another story. Very hard to say at this point.

revampz
02-01-2011, 09:48 PM
didnt they say that Tonya lived with him in a trailer???

I couldnt see them living in that little dingy thing surely...

and just to go OT here but I am in townsville qld australia and tonight our state is going to be hit with a category 5 cyclone (hurricane) bigger and stronger than Katrina that hit New Orleans...

so girls (and boys) I am using websleuths at the moment to get me away from satellite sites.....so far they have the eye hitting about 120 miles north of where I am but it is about 60miles wide....

so please keep sleuthing....I am lurking and it is good therapy at the moment (sounds a bit sick doesnt it?)

revampz
02-01-2011, 09:49 PM
ps the eye is 60 miles wide, the whole cyclone is about 350 miles wide.

ktaran
02-01-2011, 09:52 PM

notice in this story, no mention of 2 women in the truck again. I wished they would clear that sigting up once and for all. Also if Beebe mentioned to James on Monday that he hadn't seen Tonya either ... did he mention that to LE and if so, why didn't they release that information?

ktaran
02-01-2011, 09:56 PM
And it does add a new twist with the trailer that the killings were believed to occur, not being the camper at the back of the property.

oceanblueeyes
02-01-2011, 10:07 PM

Oh my gosh that is horrible revampz.

I wish you the best.

IMO

oceanblueeyes
02-01-2011, 10:09 PM
Thats how I read it too... Which does change my opinion a bit on the possibility of an alleged affair. No proof one way or the other but I didn't think there was any chance of an affair transpiring in the little camper. Hiding bodies and weapons is another story. Very hard to say at this point.

I noticed the trailer he must have lived in is in the wide open.

Was his kinfolk at home at the time I wonder?

I just cant believe they didnt hear a shotgun firing. That makes such a boom when shot.

IMO

oceanblueeyes
02-01-2011, 10:11 PM
It doesnt make me think there was an affair going on but it does make sense that he would take them to his own place.

IMO

mommy23
02-02-2011, 12:19 AM

Please hunker down and be safe, I have a friend near Brisbane, but I think you may be a bit closer to the storm? I am sending lots of love and prayers to all of AU tonight, and the next few days. Hope all turns out as good as possible:seeya::seeya::seeya:

Sorry for the O/T

curiousc
02-02-2011, 12:36 AM

OMG, I hope you and your family keep safe!

revampz
02-02-2011, 02:31 AM
thanks guy...it is going to be very destructive where it hits. (so far predicted 2 hrs north of me).....what is happening with all of this really bad bad weather in the last couple of years....

I will go over and out now....thanks for your thoughts

Waddles
02-02-2011, 02:39 AM
I'll be thinking of you ReVampz. I have quite a few NZ emigrated friends very near there too- you guys are just having unbelievably bad luck with all this after the flooding. Keep us posted if you can, stay safe

yosande
02-02-2011, 02:41 AM

JMHO

If she was dressed in her pj's still, please correct if that info is no longer accurate, then it would be safe to say, imo, that she wasn't expecting to go anywhere public.
Since that rules out any emergency about her husband and children, it must be related to something else.

Just about anything would cause one to take the time to throw on some jeans.

Imo, he showed up out of the blue, and told her he found some really cute baby animal in his yard, and would she like to come take a quick look. He can't be long as he has an appointment, but he knows how much she loves this particular kind of animal. Perhaps he had a dog or cat that was expecting and he used that as a ploy to get her to go see.

I can't think of any other reason why she wouldn't have stopped to get dressed, and/or call her mom, husband,etc.
moo

truthsleuth
02-02-2011, 02:58 AM
Thanks TS.

I see the white motorized camper trailer that looks about 30-35 feet long that is off to the left in the photo at an angle. Is that where he lived?

So is the much smaller pull camper the one where the gun was found and the bodies buried close by? Is that the one you are saying is way back into the trees?

Sorry, my eyes aren't the best in the world.

Thanks what I'm thinking. The smaller camper is where the shotgun was found. The larger one is the yellow and white one, so yes, I think that is where he killed Amy and Tonya IIRC.

teedie2
02-02-2011, 03:10 AM
I still want to know why Amy left the house locked and didn't take her keys to get back in.

Does anyone know how tall Beebe is, and how much he weighs? I read somewhere that he is 5'6" tall ... and wonder if that was correct.

crocus
02-02-2011, 03:22 AM
I am concerned about James now saying his cousin had a "sick obsession" with his wife. Did he relay that sentiment to LE at the beginning? Surely he would have gone to the property where Jr. does his "work" from, or wherever he was living - - after finding out a truck matching the description of Jr's was reported as being seen at his home that morning - especially if he felt Jr had an obsession with his wife?

Waddles
02-02-2011, 04:21 AM
I still want to know why Amy left the house locked and didn't take her keys to get back in.

Does anyone know how tall Beebe is, and how much he weighs? I read somewhere that he is 5'6" tall ... and wonder if that was correct.

I completely didn't pay attention about the key issue. Has it been confirmed she didn't have them after all? How did she lock the door? I read the door was locked from the outside with a key...

http://newsblaze.com/story/20110128132620kays.nb/topstory.html

"When James went home to check on his wife, his house was locked. This means the door was locked from the outside."

http://www.wndu.com/localnews/headlines/Missing_Person_Alert_Amy_Henslee_114616129.html

In a press conference Thursday morning, police say that Amy may be voluntarily missing because she took her shoes, coat, keys and locked the house before leaving.

I wonder if JB threatened her if she didn't leave with him. What other elements do we have that indicate she left voluntarily? I think if she was forced to leave that might not necessarily have been visible to the witness who saw her leave?

jenniferst
02-02-2011, 08:32 AM
If she was dressed in her pj's still, please correct if that info is no longer accurate, then it would be safe to say, imo, that she wasn't expecting to go anywhere public.
Since that rules out any emergency about her husband and children, it must be related to something else.

Imo, he showed up out of the blue, and told her he found some really cute baby animal in his yard, and would she like to come take a quick look. He can't be long as he has an appointment, but he knows how much she loves this particular kind of animal. Perhaps he had a dog or cat that was expecting and he used that as a ploy to get her to go see.

I can't think of any other reason why she wouldn't have stopped to get dressed, and/or call her mom, husband,etc.
moo

I don't think being in her pj's rules out the accident/ emergency theory. My husband and son were in a serious accident a year ago during a snow storm. I got the call from the BMW roadside assistance that the police were requesting I go to the scene (4 min from my house). I grabbed my other 2 kids, jumped in the car and headed to the scene asap. I left the house in snowboots and my pj's.

Rhyme & Reason
02-02-2011, 09:11 AM

OMG revampz, be safe! Please keep us posted & let us know that you are ok!

CHARLISA
02-02-2011, 04:03 PM
As far as the locked front door goes, I read where James had to go around to the back to get in because the front door was locked.

http://articles.cnn.com/2011-01-27/justice/michigan.missing.mother_1_mysterious-disappearance-major-crimes-task-force-state-police?_s=PM:CRIME

IMO if he had to go to the back, the front would have to be chain locked, not just locked. I can't believe he didn't take his front door key with him.

If this is the case, JB must have come in through the back to get Amy. Maybe she already had her coat and shoes on while she was outside feeding the dog. Maybe she never made it back in the house at all.

If this is the case, it sure does blow there having an affair theory to hell. I think he grabbed her in the back yard.

OldSteve
02-02-2011, 04:10 PM

moo

Very good point about going out in just PJ's!

Also to those questioning her going out without her keys but the house being locked - I thought this was the result of it first being reported that she left her keys inside the house and the backdoor was left unlocked. This was later changed to her leaving with her keys and all doors were locked.

Now that the supposed affair was to have taken place in one trailer, while the murders in the other, it makes the self-defense claim seem more unrealistic IMO...

TheFacts
02-03-2011, 02:33 AM
http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2011/02/amy_henslee_was_a_petite_woman.html

This link discusses Amy's Memorial Service.

MsFacetious
02-03-2011, 04:53 AM
I am concerned about James now saying his cousin had a "sick obsession" with his wife. Did he relay that sentiment to LE at the beginning? Surely he would have gone to the property where Jr. does his "work" from, or wherever he was living - - after finding out a truck matching the description of Jr's was reported as being seen at his home that morning - especially if he felt Jr had an obsession with his wife?

I don't believe he knew this before Amy was killed. He said this in response to the cousin's accusations of an affair.

James said he didn't believe there was an affair, he believed his cousin was obsessed with his wife.

James didn't say that he had always believed his cousin was obsessed with his wife. It was the response to the affair accusation and it's a response that makes sense to me.

If they were NOT having an affair but he was obsessed with her and wanted to be... it wouldn't be the first time we've seen that as a motive.

Waddles
02-03-2011, 09:29 AM
In the discussion section on her memorial page on FB a poster says he used to live next door to AH and to the neighbour who witnessed "two women" in the truck. He calls her a very "nosy" neighbour and says if she says she saw two women than she definitely did.

SleuthyMama
02-03-2011, 12:10 PM
Good thing for that "nosy" neighbor, in this case.

Joe Friday
02-03-2011, 03:22 PM
Very good point about going out in just PJ's!

Also to those questioning her going out without her keys but the house being locked - I thought this was the result of it first being reported that she left her keys inside the house and the backdoor was left unlocked. This was later changed to her leaving with her keys and all doors were locked.

Now that the supposed affair was to have taken place in one trailer, while the murders in the other, it makes the self-defense claim seem more unrealistic IMO...

BBM

I have been following this case on and off so I don't know where or when it was reported that the murder and affair took place in different trailers or if it was just a rumor. If someone could provide a link TIA.

But in the MSM video below the reporter eludes to the fact that Tanya walked in on Amy and BJ having an affair after being dropped off at the property by BJ's mother and Tanya then used a shotgun that was already the same trailer to shot Amy with. BJ then wrestled the gun away from Tanya and used the same gun to shoot Tanya. SO this would mean that the affair and murders took place in the same trailer. The same gun was used to shoot both victims. Tanya might have bruising from the shotgun butt on her shoulder and maybe GSR on her hands and arms if it can be distinguished from the GSR that she would have received from being shot if she did in fact fire the fatal shot that took Amy's life.

If BJ's mother can corroborate the fact that she dropped Tanya off at the trailer or property that pretty much contradicts the statement that there was two women in the pickup as told by the neighbor when BJ picked up Amy and only leads to the notion of the affair being the more likely scenario or some other reason why or how BJ got Amy to leave the house without Tanya being with him.

As for BJ claiming self defense. I don't see how or why you would need to shoot someone in self defense when you're holding the gun. If Tanya did shoot Amy and that is a big if in my book then I think BJ shot Tanya in a rage. How his defense team is going to prove that he was not the one that shot both women should be a interesting case to follow. If it did happen as BJ claims he should have called LE after taking the gun away from Tanya and if he had to shoot her then he defiantly screwed up by burying the two of them. I would think he might be facing a homicide charge or at worst second degree murder if it played out according to how he claims if he was charged at all had he called LE.

I also seen in early MSM reports that the bodies were partially buried. I seen it posted on WS that the hole was several feet deep. So those are also contradicting statements if there are MSM reports that claim both. With the ground being frozen I suspect it would have been pretty hard to dig a hole and the bodies were partially buried or covered with something. If he did dig a hole several feet deep then he didn't bother to put all the dirt back in the hole if the bodies were still only partially buried. If that is the case it shouldn't have been to hard to find where the women were buried with a big mound of dirt near the hole. Maybe the partial buried is the wrong information too, either way I guess it doesn't much matter. The fact is that he tried to hide the bodies and what he did. Going against any insanity defense down the road.

All JMO

On Thursday afternoon, a private search company employed by the missing woman's family began scouring the area, and dogs used by the search group found blood inside and outside a trailer in a wooded area on the property.

The two bodies were found partially buried nearby.

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news/local/missing-mom-2nd-woman-found-buried-in-sw-mich-20110128-mr

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiFbRDGAoRo

TheFacts
02-03-2011, 05:34 PM
http://newsblaze.com/story/20110128154529kays.nb/topstory.htmlN

Not sure this guy knows what he is talking about but he says the nosy neighbor is the spokeswoman.

oceanblueeyes
02-03-2011, 08:21 PM
I don't believe he knew this before Amy was killed. He said this in response to the cousin's accusations of an affair.

James said he didn't believe there was an affair, he believed his cousin was obsessed with his wife.

James didn't say that he had always believed his cousin was obsessed with his wife. It was the response to the affair accusation and it's a response that makes sense to me.

If they were NOT having an affair but he was obsessed with her and wanted to be... it wouldn't be the first time we've seen that as a motive.

I agree. He did not know this before Amy was murdered and also a friend of Amy's has now told him that Amy told her she was distrustful of Beebe.

She probably confided about her distrust of JB only to her friends and not to James like a lot a married couples do.

IMO

oceanblueeyes
02-03-2011, 08:59 PM
http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2011/02/with_video_were_soulmates_for.html

"Amy Sue, my wifey, my baby, my best friend," James Henslee husband said as he read a letter during the funeral that he wrote to his wife. "I will never forget the best 12 years of my life — all the laughs, the smiles, the hugs and the kisses, the long car rides, the camping trips and all the great things we shared in our lives."

The Henslees had been a close couple. On his lunch break, James would often come home to eat with his wife and watch television. When he left, Amy would stand by the window and blow him kisses goodbye.

James Henslee told those gathered that when he looked at their sons, Jd, 11, and Jh, 7, he saw his wife's eyes and smile.

During the service, the boys sat close to their father and grandmother.
"That smile you passed on to our boys along with those puppy dog, brown, beautiful eyes
— for that reason, I know I'll always see you,” said James Henslee, 32. “We're soulmates for life."

:heartluv::heartbeat:

katydid23
02-03-2011, 09:16 PM
I would like to know if there is any evidence showing that BJ's mom did drop off Tanya at the camper. But I personally would not trust her words as an alibi. Mothers and wives are not often truthful when it comes to trying to protect their men.

Carolina Girl
02-03-2011, 09:40 PM
Does the defense have to prove he is innocent of shooting either one? I thought prosecution had to prove him guilty?

ktaran
02-03-2011, 10:34 PM
BBM

But in the MSM video below the reporter eludes to the fact that Tanya walked in on Amy and BJ having an affair after being dropped off at the property by BJ's mother and Tanya then used a shotgun that was already the same trailer to shot Amy with. BJ then wrestled the gun away from Tanya and used the same gun to shoot Tanya. SO this would mean that the affair and murders took place in the same trailer. The same gun was used to shoot both victims. Tanya might have bruising from the shotgun butt on her shoulder and maybe GSR on her hands and arms if it can be distinguished from the GSR that she would have received from being shot if she did in fact fire the fatal shot that took Amy's life.

If BJ's mother can corroborate the fact that she dropped Tanya off at the trailer or property that pretty much contradicts the statement that there was two women in the pickup as told by the neighbor when BJ picked up Amy and only leads to the notion of the affair being the more likely scenario or some other reason why or how BJ got Amy to leave the house without Tanya being with him.

I think if Beebe's Mom did drop her off at the trailer that morning, that doesn't necessarily give him an Alibi. He could have driven over to pick up Amy right after his Mom dropped Tonya off. With the timeline still being so scetchy, unless she can say a specific time she dropped her off. With the trailer only being 3 miles away, it wouldn't have taken much time for him to get to Amy's between 9:00 - 9:30. Having that story repeated in the media, and the Mother willing to lie for her son, she will know what time to say she dropped her, but I still think that doesn't prove that Tonya was not in the truck when the neighbor spotted them. My opionion only.

oceanblueeyes
02-03-2011, 11:20 PM
Does the defense have to prove he is innocent of shooting either one? I thought prosecution had to prove him guilty?

Of course not. The State will prove their case beyond a reasonable doubt.

IMO, what is going to get Beebe is the forensic evidence left behind is not going to line up with his bull crap story.

The crime scene is on his uncle's property.
He says he was there at the time.
They have the blood evidence.
His truck.
Possibly bloody fingerprints and shoeprints.
Trajectory of shotgun pellets too.
Autopsy reports on both victims.
Weapon- spent shotgun shells.
Eye witness seeing him leave Henslee home.

ETA: I made an error Carolina Girl. If he goes for self defense concerning Tonya then the burden of proof shifts and he will have to prove it was self defense. Sorry, but it doesnt apply on Amy's death though.

IMO

crocus
02-04-2011, 06:30 AM
I think, imo, that phone records will bear crucial info. What does the landline phone records/data show? Had there been any regular/frequent contact between Junior and Henslee's land line? If there is a record of contact w/Junior's number - time of day would seem telling.

And did the neighbor/witness ever see this truck at Henslee's before?

amysmom
02-04-2011, 10:56 AM
Is this story implying what I think it is? Also, can someone refresh my memory on the Susan Powell case? TIA!

Did the cousin have a record? Had he ever bothered Amy before? We may soon find out. This one is not coming across right for me. Something is making me feel uneasy. It's not just the tragic circumstances of how things turned out, but it's also how the story evolved in the media, the way it was projected to millions, it reminded me of Susan Powell last year. Yet it seems contrived, canned, a copycat of Susan's, where suddenly thousands join a sympathetic Facebook page, but the connections made were based on a false pretense.

Joe Friday
02-04-2011, 11:13 AM
I think, imo, that phone records will bear crucial info. What does the landline phone records/data show? Had there been any regular/frequent contact between Junior and Henslee's land line? If there is a record of contact w/Junior's number - time of day would seem telling.

And did the neighbor/witness ever see this truck at Henslee's before?

I would assume Tanya had a cell phone and if she wanted to be dropped off at the trailer or property by BJ's mother it was because she couldn't get a hold of BJ when she was trying to call him. In the video according to the family member that spoke to the news station Tanya knew BJ was at the property because she seen his truck there and then found both BJ and Amy in the trailer. What I find odd is why BJ's mother would not have stuck around to make sure Tanya did find BJ. It would have been cold I wouldn't think you would just drop someone off and leave them at a property with a few trailers that I don't imagine were kept heated not knowing for sure someone was there. Which also makes me wonder why BJ would have taken Amy to the trailer to fool around in the first place if the trailer was not heated.

If there are phone calls made from Tanya's phone or the land line phone at BJ's mothers house to BJ's phone (if he had a phone) near or after the time that BJ was said to been seen at Amy's house it also goes against the neighbors statement that there were two women in the truck. Also if phone pings could determine the location of Tanya's cell phone at the time these calls were made it might also put her at BJ's mothers house and not with BJ and Amy prior to or after Amy was picked up. Of course this is all on the speculation that there are phone calls that were made from Tanya to BJ.

The same goes for any calls made between BJ and Amy as mentioned by Crocus. Where there calls between the two arranging a get together that morning or had there been a pattern of conversations between Amy and BJ in the past? If there truly was an affair there will be evidence of it.

All JMO.

oceanblueeyes
02-04-2011, 11:14 AM
Is this story implying what I think it is? Also, can someone refresh my memory on the Susan Powell case? TIA!

Did the cousin have a record? Had he ever bothered Amy before? We may soon find out. This one is not coming across right for me. Something is making me feel uneasy. It's not just the tragic circumstances of how things turned out, but it's also how the story evolved in the media, the way it was projected to millions, it reminded me of Susan Powell last year. Yet it seems contrived, canned, a copycat of Susan's, where suddenly thousands join a sympathetic Facebook page, but the connections made were based on a false pretense.

This article is written by an OPINION ED CONTRIBUTOR :banghead: It is only based on conjecture and not based on facts or evidence.

I pay no mind to such chatter anymore than I do other print or talking heads who do not even know the evidence in the case.

People who have been obsessed with other people sadly have murdered them. Maybe Beebe resented that Amy had a good close loving relationship and Beebe's relationships with women never came close. Who really can ever get into the mind of a cold unfeeling psychopath to understand them?

The posts I have occasionally seen are very accusatory in nature as if James has done some terrible wrong and that is just not true. I mean really the answers will come from a witness stand like they should.

Only Beebe really knows the motive. The answers if any.......has to come from him, and not a grieving husband that had no involvement in her death. All James is doing is trying to make sense now of a senseless murder too just like we always do here but how many times have we seen family members wrestle with that nightmare before? Sometimes the answer comes........sometimes it never does.

But to say that James should have thought immediately that his own flesh and blood had kidnapped and probably raped and murdered his wife is ludicrous at best. Just because JB admitted he dropped by and a woman was seen leaving with him doesn't mean that James should have instantly known what was transpiring. Even the nosy neighbor wasnt sure it was Amy. Amy at that time for all anyone knew could have still been inside the home then.

It is so easy to play Monday morning quarterback AFTER the suspect has been arrested and charged.:sick:

In all truthfulness James Henslee owes no one an explanation for anything. He is the grieving widower...........not the creep that is in jail for murdering Amy and Tonya. It was James who kept her story out there until she was found. So no, this is not like the Susan Powell case where her so called husband went on with his life.

Imo, if James had one inkling she was with Beebe he would have tried to move Heaven and Earth to save her. But he didn't know what had happened to Amy at that time. Even LE was telling them she was alive. He had a cousin who had been in his life forever telling him Amy wasnt home when he came by. That is all he knew.

James Henslee will beat himself up the rest of his life. Family members who have lost love ones to murder always do. Imo, it wouldn't have saved Amy nor Tonya by then, but it will haunt him forever.... that first, the police did not come on, and dismissed the seriousness of it, that LE told the searchers to hold off and having to face he has been betrayed by his own kin in the worst way imaginable.

I wish to heck people would just leave him alone and let him and his boys grieve instead of picking him apart and trying to 'think' for him. Thank goodness the people that really know James are supporting him through all of this.

IMO

lillygator
02-04-2011, 11:22 AM
BBM

I have been following this case on and off so I don't know where or when it was reported that the murder and affair took place in different trailers or if it was just a rumor. If someone could provide a link TIA.

As for BJ claiming self defense. I don't see how or why you would need to shoot someone in self defense when you're holding the gun. If Tanya did shoot Amy and that is a big if in my book then I think BJ shot Tanya in a rage. How his defense team is going to prove that he was not the one that shot both women should be a interesting case to follow. If it did happen as BJ claims he should have called LE after taking the gun away from Tanya and if he had to shoot her then he defiantly screwed up by burying the two of them. I would think he might be facing a homicide charge or at worst second degree murder if it played out according to how he claims if he was charged at all had he called LE.

I also seen in early MSM reports that the bodies were partially buried. I seen it posted on WS that the hole was several feet deep. So those are also contradicting statements if there are MSM reports that claim both. With the ground being frozen I suspect it would have been pretty hard to dig a hole and the bodies were partially buried or covered with something. If he did dig a hole several feet deep then he didn't bother to put all the dirt back in the hole if the bodies were still only partially buried. If that is the case it shouldn't have been to hard to find where the women were buried with a big mound of dirt near the hole. Maybe the partial buried is the wrong information too, either way I guess it doesn't much matter. The fact is that he tried to hide the bodies and what he did. Going against any insanity defense down the road.

All JMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiFbRDGAoRo

do we know if Tanya was dropped off? I am leaning toward this....I don't see why he would kill both women.

Lurkey Lou
02-04-2011, 11:44 AM
The nosy neighbor was Wendy B.? If that's the case, why did she wait til Tues to say she saw the truck ?!? Or am I confusing things.:banghead:

oceanblueeyes
02-04-2011, 11:52 AM
The nosy neighbor was Wendy B. ? If that's the case, why did she wait til Tues to say she saw the truck ?!? Or am I confusing things.:banghead:

From what I understand the tip about the woman being seen had already come in. Probably when LE was scouring the neighborhood or she may have called LE and then James also learned of it and talked to the lady on Tuesday.

nursebeeme
02-04-2011, 12:41 PM
there was a video interview after the press coference with Wendy B.... in it she talked about her and her husband going to talk to the neighbor who saw the truck. the link is in one of the threads.

imhoo she is not the nosey neighbor

OldSteve
02-04-2011, 01:35 PM
http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2011/02/with_video_were_soulmates_for.html

"Amy Sue, my wifey, my baby, my best friend," James Henslee husband said as he read a letter during the funeral that he wrote to his wife. "I will never forget the best 12 years of my life — all the laughs, the smiles, the hugs and the kisses, the long car rides, the camping trips and all the great things we shared in our lives."

The Henslees had been a close couple. On his lunch break, James would often come home to eat with his wife and watch television. When he left, Amy would stand by the window and blow him kisses goodbye.

James Henslee told those gathered that when he looked at their sons, Jd, 11, and Jh, 7, he saw his wife's eyes and smile.

During the service, the boys sat close to their father and grandmother.
"That smile you passed on to our boys along with those puppy dog, brown, beautiful eyes
— for that reason, I know I'll always see you,” said James Henslee, 32. “We're soulmates for life."

:heartluv::heartbeat:

Doesn't get sadder than this! A real heart breaker! I feel for you James!
If only Amy had never left her house that day!!

LadyL
02-04-2011, 02:06 PM

what's he implying? I don't get it ...

it's an 'opinion' piece that lacks an actual opinion, unless 'an uneasy feeling' can be considered an opinion

it reads more like a conspiracy theory blog, albeit one that never really comes out and just says it - I think the 'writer' suffers from a desire to be mysterious and obscure

but this is the best line:

"When James went home to check on his wife, his house was locked. This means the door was locked from the outside."

right, ok, that's a leap - unless the writer knows something I don't about the locking mechanism of the door? is there a picture somewhere so we can get an idea of how the 'writer' came to this conclusion? could the 'writer' perhaps tell us how he got from A to B there?

"One wonders whether James was suspicious of his cousin?"

ahh, there's another random hint (but I still have no idea what he's trying to imply)

Joe Friday
02-04-2011, 02:36 PM
what's he implying? I don't get it ...

it's an 'opinion' piece that lacks an actual opinion, unless 'an uneasy feeling' can be considered an opinion

it reads more like a conspiracy theory blog, albeit one that never really comes out and just says it - I think the 'writer' suffers from a desire to be mysterious and obscure

but this is the best line:

right, ok, that's a leap - unless the writer knows something I don't about the locking mechanism of the door? is there a picture somewhere so we can get an idea of how the 'writer' came to this conclusion? could the 'writer' perhaps tell us how he got from A to B there?

"One wonders whether James was suspicious of his cousin?"

ahh, there's another random hint (but I still have no idea what he's trying to imply)

BBM

The only thing I can think of is a dead bolt type lock which would require you to use a key from the exterior side of the door to lock the lock. This could be what the writer is implying. I don't recall ever reading in any MSM reports if there was a deadbolt that was locked and would have required Amy to use a key from the outside to lock it. IIRC her keys were inside the house and the back door was not locked.

ktaran
02-04-2011, 09:20 PM
http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2011/02/video_karen_beebe_defends_her.html

I can't believe they had an interview with his mother and the question of did you drop Tonya off that morning did not come up???

Joe Friday
02-04-2011, 11:05 PM
http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2011/02/video_karen_beebe_defends_her.html

I can't believe they had an interview with his mother and the question of did you drop Tonya off that morning did not come up???

This seems to be the million dollar questions and you would surly think any reporter interviewing BJ's mother would ask in detail what transpired that morning if she indeed dropped Tanya off at the property.

JMO

msteach
02-04-2011, 11:12 PM
From what I understand the tip about the woman being seen had already come in. Probably when LE was scouring the neighborhood or she may have called LE and then James also learned of it and talked to the lady on Tuesday.

I'll bet that WB IS a nosy neighbor, though...I'd hate to live next door to that woman.

SurfieTX
02-05-2011, 12:20 AM
Sometimes a person can characterize a friendly, caring and observant neighbor as "nosy." I prefer the former definition to the latter, myself.

Most people in communities and neighborhoods who have lived amongst one another for years and years tend to notice routines. Well, at least we do in our small town. I like it, and it makes me feel comfortable - knowing we have each others' "backs," so to speak.

MOO

CHARLISA
02-05-2011, 01:20 AM
:twocents:
I'll bet that WB IS a nosy neighbor, though...I'd hate to live next door to that woman.

I would rather have a nosey (concerned) neighbor than one who doesn't care (want to get involved). Many years ago, I noticed a strange car parked in front of our neighbor's house w/the garage open. One guy was in the car and one was in the garage. Seemed strange to me since neighbors weren't home. I called cops and found out the one in the car had a police scanner and the other one was planning on stealing a vintage caddy.

My neighbors didn't think I was nosey LOL. I wish more people would call if they suspect something is wrong. I certainly hope someone will if I am ever in a bad situation. :twocents:

tfrohning
02-05-2011, 02:15 AM
This article is written by an OPINION ED CONTRIBUTOR :banghead: It is only based on conjecture and not based on facts or evidence.

I pay no mind to such chatter anymore than I do other print or talking heads who do not even know the evidence in the case.

People who have been obsessed with other people sadly have murdered them. Maybe Beebe resented that Amy had a good close loving relationship and Beebe's relationships with women never came close. Who really can ever get into the mind of a cold unfeeling psychopath to understand them?

The posts I have occasionally seen are very accusatory in nature as if James has done some terrible wrong and that is just not true. I mean really the answers will come from a witness stand like they should.

Only Beebe really knows the motive. The answers if any.......has to come from him, and not a grieving husband that had no involvement in her death. All James is doing is trying to make sense now of a senseless murder too just like we always do here but how many times have we seen family members wrestle with that nightmare before? Sometimes the answer comes........sometimes it never does.

But to say that James should have thought immediately that his own flesh and blood had kidnapped and probably raped and murdered his wife is ludicrous at best. Just because JB admitted he dropped by and a woman was seen leaving with him doesn't mean that James should have instantly known what was transpiring. Even the nosy neighbor wasnt sure it was Amy. Amy at that time for all anyone knew could have still been inside the home then.

It is so easy to play Monday morning quarterback AFTER the suspect has been arrested and charged.:sick:

In all truthfulness James Henslee owes no one an explanation for anything. He is the grieving widower...........not the creep that is in jail for murdering Amy and Tonya. It was James who kept her story out there until she was found. So no, this is not like the Susan Powell case where her so called husband went on with his life.

Imo, if James had one inkling she was with Beebe he would have tried to move Heaven and Earth to save her. But he didn't know what had happened to Amy at that time. Even LE was telling them she was alive. He had a cousin who had been in his life forever telling him Amy wasnt home when he came by. That is all he knew.

James Henslee will beat himself up the rest of his life. Family members who have lost love ones to murder always do. Imo, it wouldn't have saved Amy nor Tonya by then, but it will haunt him forever.... that first, the police did not come on, and dismissed the seriousness of it, that LE told the searchers to hold off and having to face he has been betrayed by his own kin in the worst way imaginable.

I wish to heck people would just leave him alone and let him and his boys grieve instead of picking him apart and trying to 'think' for him. Thank goodness the people that really know James are supporting him through all of this.

IMO

IMO he right to his thoughts just like Pat Brown and they both seem to be thinking the same way J/S

ktaran
02-05-2011, 02:16 AM
I talked to a family member of mine who went to the funeral and they noted that it was open casket. I have not been to a funeral where someone was shot before ... is it possible to cover up the damage that would be done by a gun shot wound?

CHARLISA
02-05-2011, 02:33 AM
I talked to a family member of mine who went to the funeral and they noted that it was open casket. I have not been to a funeral where someone was shot before ... is it possible to cover up the damage that would be done by a gun shot wound?

Not to be morbid, but that is strange considering the police saying she was shot multiple times in the head. Especially with a shotgun. My sister committed suicide and shot herself in the head with a Glock and we couldn't have an open casket.

PS - I just watched the memorial video and that was definately a closed casket.

Cher352
02-05-2011, 04:02 AM
So sorry about your sister.

I had a friend whose step father shot him right between the eyes and they still had an open casket. I couldn't look but other friends that did say that you couldn't even tell he had been shot. I guess it all depends on the type of gun.

MsFacetious
02-05-2011, 04:45 AM
Not to be morbid, but that is strange considering the police saying she was shot multiple times in the head. Especially with a shotgun. My sister committed suicide and shot herself in the head with a Glock and we couldn't have an open casket.

PS - I just watched the memorial video and that was definately a closed casket.

In other funerals in my family, where the casket was in front of the podium like Amy's was, it was never open there. Even if it was open earlier.

It is possible I guess that Amy's was open earlier for a visitation before the actual funeral, then closed for the funeral.

However, it doesn't seem likely. Absolutely a gunshot wound to the head can still be an open casket, but a shotgun wound to the head... not likely...

suzyq211
02-05-2011, 06:47 AM
Sometimes a person can characterize a friendly, caring and observant neighbor as "nosy." I prefer the former definition to the latter, myself.

Most people in communities and neighborhoods who have lived amongst one another for years and years tend to notice routines. Well, at least we do in our small town. I like it, and it makes me feel comfortable - knowing we have each others' "backs," so to speak.

MOO

Even though I am a very private person, I agree with you totally. In these scary times, especially!!!

oceanblueeyes
02-05-2011, 11:38 AM

Well actually nosy neigbords can be good for their other neighbors.

If it wasn't for her seeing the truck and describing it so well that they knew it was Beebe's vehicle this case may have never been solved.

I am very glad that my neighbors watch out for us and we do the same for them. Being observant is a good thing. Now are we peering in windows and writing down names of who comes and goes? LOLOLOL! No, of course not.

Lots of neighborhoods have neighborhood watch groups.

imo

oceanblueeyes
02-05-2011, 11:46 AM
So sorry about your sister.

I had a friend whose step father shot him right between the eyes and they still had an open casket. I couldn't look but other friends that did say that you couldn't even tell he had been shot. I guess it all depends on the type of gun.

Sorry to hear about your friend.

If it is true they received multiple gunshot wounds made by a shotgun.....I have no doubt that both caskets were closed. It is a horrible foreboding weapon that causes horrific damage.

I have researched crime for over thirty years and have seen many autopsy and crime scene photos of the victim but the worst photo I have ever witnessed was where a man was shot in the head by a shotgun. To this day, I wish I had never seen that photo.

It is something you will never forget.

IMO

oceanblueeyes
02-05-2011, 11:59 AM
IMO he right to his thoughts just like Pat Brown and they both seem to be thinking the same way J/S

Yes, that seems to be the case but that is nothing new and they have been wrong before.

If James Henslee is guilty of anything it is trusting the words of a cousin he had known ever since he has been born. A man that exhibited no indication that he would ever do something like this to one of his own extended family members' wives.

Even LE did not believe Beebe was involved. They made no effort to go to his home or anywhere else to check it out. LE didnt even ok the search of the uncle's place until many days later. So that tells me... like most psychopaths he is a very accomplished liar and quite convincing.

It is so easy to play Monday morning quarterback when the SUSPECT has already been arrested and charged.

So it will haunt James forever that he believed the words of the man that murdered not only Amy but Tonya as well.

Beebe betrayed them all.

IMO

crocus
02-06-2011, 12:31 AM
On the trail: Volunteers train bloodhounds, other breeds to find missing persons
Published: Saturday, February 05, 2011, 9:00 PM

snipped.........
Eldridge first heard about the Henslee search through the national news. A neighbor of the Henslee family learned of the group on Facebook and got the Henslee family in contact with them.

When group members arrived in Hartford on Jan. 27, Jones said the family pointed them in the direction of Beebe’s trailer.

After police gave the go-ahead, they took the dogs to the trailer. Daisy headed right to the trailer. Eldridge said she saw blood in the snow near the trailer and on the door.

Samples of that blood have been turned over to the Michigan State Police crime lab for testing, Gribler said.

Eldridge said human blood is the only thing the dogs are trained to react to.

After calling authorities, Eldridge brought out an HRD dog, who ran to a pile of brush.

“Not knowing, (the dog) pinpointed the gravesite,” she said.

Detectives arrived on scene around 2:30 p.m., Jones said.

“We knew they were there and were going to find what they were going to find,” Jones said. “We were done.”

much more at link...........
http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2011/02/on_the_trail_volunteers_train.html

gumshoemamma
02-06-2011, 02:41 AM

I attended a funeral a few years ago where the deceased had shot himself in the head and it was open casket and we were not able to distinguish where the wound was thankfully. They did have his favorite ball cap on though and I don't know for sure if that was due to the shot or simply because he wore it alot. For a woman it seems it would be harder to use something like that though. HTH

Verity
02-06-2011, 04:00 AM
I attended a funeral a few years ago where the deceased had shot himself in the head and it was open casket and we were not able to distinguish where the wound was thankfully. They did have his favorite ball cap on though and I don't know for sure if that was due to the shot or simply because he wore it alot. For a woman it seems it would be harder to use something like that though. HTH

Same here, attended funeral of a suicide victim who shot themselves in the head. I never thought they would have open casket, but they did, and no baseball cap, and no sign of any wound. Deceased looked pretty much himself, they did a good job. On the other hand, my sister-in-law passed recently from long illness and looked absolutely nothing like herself, she was a skinny gal, but looked totally bloated and with a big black bruise on her cheek that got worse over the course of the wake, they did a terrible job.
So I've come the conclusion that it's all down to the skills of the make up person and if good, they can cover pretty much anything or reconstruct the face and upper body if they have photos of the deceased in life to work from.

The only time I saw closed casket was a 9/11 Firefighter friend, who was not recovered for quite a while, and wake was closed casket with his helmet on top - the not knowing was worse actually.

Cher352
02-06-2011, 04:15 AM
Has this been posted yet?

911 tapes released in Henslee murder

http://www.wndu.com/hometop/headlines/115381259.html

crocus
02-06-2011, 04:51 AM
Yes, that seems to be the case but that is nothing new and they have been wrong before.

If James Henslee is guilty of anything it is trusting the words of a cousin he had known ever since he has been born. A man that exhibited no indication that he would ever do something like this to one of his own extended family members' wives.

Even LE did not believe Beebe was involved. They made no effort to go to his home or anywhere else to check it out. LE didnt even ok the search of the uncle's place until many days later. So that tells me... like most psychopaths he is a very accomplished liar and quite convincing.

It is so easy to play Monday morning quarterback when the SUSPECT has already been arrested and charged.

So it will haunt James forever that he believed the words of the man that murdered not only Amy but Tonya as well.

Beebe betrayed them all.

IMO
Do you know this family personally? Your posts seem so definitive and sure as to what happened. Just curious............

Hopefully truthful facts will come out and tell the story. I do not know any these people - and I cannot form an opinion as to what really happened until we hear results/facts from the investigation. History as far as phone records w/any prior contact between Amy and Jr, and whether Junior's truck was ever seen at the Henslee home before during the day will be key. IF there was an affair happening - surely there will be some sort of trail.

mikeysmommom
02-06-2011, 10:15 PM
I never would take the word of a murderer esp about the woman he killed. I refuse to allow this POS to victimize the victim a second time.

oceanblueeyes
02-07-2011, 11:11 AM
Do you know this family personally? Your posts seem so definitive and sure as to what happened. Just curious............

Hopefully truthful facts will come out and tell the story. I do not know any these people - and I cannot form an opinion as to what really happened until we hear results/facts from the investigation. History as far as phone records w/any prior contact between Amy and Jr, and whether Junior's truck was ever seen at the Henslee home before during the day will be key. IF there was an affair happening - surely there will be some sort of trail.

No, I do not know these people. My heart goes out to all of Tonya and Amy's families though.

However I have researched crime for over thirty years. I look at what is known........not things that are just mere speculations without anything to support them.

I would think it was common for Jr to come by the home whether James was there or not. He sold them firewood.........he cleared their driveway of snow and of course he was kin folk. My husband's first cousin comes by to visit often if he is in the area and my hubby is at work. FGS, Amy had been a part of the Henslee family for 12 years and had probably known them most of her life before she and James married.

I see no evidence that there was any affair with Beebe or anyone else for that matter. It is a very small community and no one has said that Amy was ever unfaithful to James. They were known as a very loving and close couple.

Beebe has been charged and arrested for the deaths of both Amy and Tonya. While LE discounted that foul play had happened early on and was telling everyone as late as Thursday morning that Amy was alive,,, that completely turned ....when the searchers tracked Amy's scent to the Beebe's uncle's property and it further changed when Beebe walked up to the police officer on scene and confessed.

IMO

oceanblueeyes
02-07-2011, 11:15 AM
I never would take the word of a murderer esp about the woman he killed. I refuse to allow this POS to victimize the victim a second time.

I am truly amazed that some do. :waitasec: Really, I am.

We already know how cruel he is when he had the gall to call James later on inquiring had Amy come home yet. GAG! This is just another way to twist the knife into the hearts of who loved Amy.

He is trying to weasel out of what he and he alone did by trying to lamely blame Amy's death on a frail little woman that he could have taken down with one hand tied behind his back.

He is a liar, imo and the evidence is going to show just how much of a liar he truly is.

imo

Bravo
02-07-2011, 11:17 AM

Well said :seeya:

Waddles
02-08-2011, 10:24 AM

I still don't get the key thing...

Joe Friday
02-08-2011, 10:49 AM
I still don't get the key thing...

I don't think Amy had a key to the lock that James is referring to in the 911 call. Where he references the door lock is at 2:34 on the 911 tape. He said the bottom door handle was locked and that she didn't have a key to that door handle.

911 Tape (http://www.wndu.com/hometop/headlines/115381259.html)

JMO

crocus
02-08-2011, 03:04 PM
Junior Lee Beebe Jr.'s court date is pushed back two weeks

Published: Tuesday, February 08, 2011, 11:01 AM Updated: Tuesday, February 08, 2011, 11:06 AM

snipped..........
Van Buren County Prosecutor Juris Kaps said more evidence needs to be gathered before the preliminary hearing could take place.

Beebe's preliminary examination, which was previously scheduled for Friday, will now take place at 1 p.m. Feb. 25 in the Van Buren County's 7th District Court East in Paw Paw.
http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2011/02/junior_lee_beebe_jrs_next_cour.html

OldSteve
02-08-2011, 03:40 PM

Bugs me when a person knows something is wrong and they are brushed off.

oceanblueeyes
02-08-2011, 11:11 PM
Bugs me when a person knows something is wrong and they are brushed off.

I do wonder if LE feels any regret that they just didn't take Amy's disappearance that seriously at first.

Heck on Thursday morning they were still saying Amy was alive.:banghead:imo

No telling how long it would have taken them to uncover the truth (if ever) if it hadn't been for them allowing the search foundation to finally start searching Thursday.

imo

crocus
02-09-2011, 12:45 AM
Well, hindsight is always 20/20 IMO

There are specific guidelines that LE follows for a missing persons report, no? No sign of forcible entry and no sign of a struggle. For all intents and purposes- it appeared as if she left on her own. LE can only go on what witness info tells them -

But- why LE didn't hone in on cousin's residence early on is baffling. His truck being at the Henslee residence came out early in this case. Was it somewhat pushed aside cause it was family?

This whole case makes me sick.....you tend to think scary dangers are from strangers - when lo & behold - sometimes they're right in your inner circle of family & friends.

Cher352
02-09-2011, 04:40 AM
The whole 911 call baffles me, James was so calm and agreeable on that call I could see where LE might not take it as serious with her being gone no longer than she was when the call was made.

OldSteve
02-09-2011, 12:41 PM
The whole 911 call baffles me, James was so calm and agreeable on that call I could see where LE might not take it as serious with her being gone no longer than she was when the call was made.

I sensed bewilderment, confusion, concern, "I don't know what to do", and "this can't be happening that she's not home" in his voice and matter.

Questions I would have asked and checked if I took his call:
Have you ever come home and not known where your wife was?
(No he would have probably said)
Every reported her missing or called 911 before?
Is her license, ID, house keys, pocket book their in the house?
(Yes he would have probably answered)
Do you know what she was wearing when you last saw her?
(PJ's he would have probably said)
Can you find them?
Okay, I'll send someone over...

drew1
02-09-2011, 01:52 PM
very well put- you should be training the 911 screeners

OldSteve
02-09-2011, 06:29 PM
very well put- you should be training the 911 screeners

Thanks! In fairness to the fellow who took the call, most likely he doesn't make the decisions...

Carolina Girl
02-09-2011, 11:01 PM
The whole thing still stinks to me! Be amazed, bang your head on a wall, I don't care. Something is NOT ringing true here. If I am wrong when it is all said and done, I will be the first to say I was wrong. But I am entitled to my opinion. Just as you all are.

Carolina Girl
02-10-2011, 02:09 AM
I had a cousin that shot himself when he was 16. In the mouth with a .357 magnum. They did have private viewings. but not "open casket" because his Father could not go there. You could not tell most of the back of his head was gone. They did a really good job.

Joe Friday
02-10-2011, 10:40 AM

There are specific guidelines that LE follows for a missing persons report, no? No sign of forcible entry and no sign of a struggle. For all intents and purposes- it appeared as if she left on her own. LE can only go on what witness info tells them -

But- why LE didn't hone in on cousin's residence early on is baffling. His truck being at the Henslee residence came out early in this case. Was it somewhat pushed aside cause it was family?

This whole case makes me sick.....you tend to think scary dangers are from strangers - when lo & behold - sometimes they're right in your inner circle of family & friends.

BBM

With no signs of a struggle or foul play IMO LE didn't have probable cause to obtain a search warrant to go looking around the property where the trailer was or to look at BJ's residence (his mothers house) for that matter. If they had searched either property without a warrant, the evidence they would have found could have been thrown out in court.

Also the "property" at which the bodies were found was not owned by BJ. It was IIRC BJ's uncles property and BJ kept a hunting cabin (trailer) there and used the property.

I think eventually BJ's mother and Tanya's family would have become suspicious about Tanya's whereabouts and two and two would have been put together. Also the fact that BJ's mother dropped Tanya off at the property if that is in fact true would have become known and the "property" would have eventually been looked at for both Amy and Tanya.

All JMO

Joe Friday
02-10-2011, 11:00 AM
It would be interesting to know how Amy's body was dressed when she and Tanya were found. If Amy's murder actually happened as BJ claims when the two were discovered in the heat of the moment by Tanya, one would only think that maybe Amy might not have been fully dressed at the time. If Amy's body was found fully clothed it might raise some suspicions or doubt about how BJ is claiming things happened.

All JMO

oceanblueeyes
02-10-2011, 12:10 PM
I had a cousin that shot himself when he was 16. In the mouth with a .357 magnum. They did have private viewings. but not "open casket" because his Father could not go there. You could not tell most of the back of his head was gone. They did a really good job.

That is much much different than being shot mutiple times in the head by a shotgun though, CG.

Absolutely no comparison to the injuries a shotgun can do vs. a .357 magnum and I have both........shotguns and a .357 magnum.

The .357 leaves a horrible exit wound. The shotgun will explode the skull by the force and pellets that enters the head. I have mentioned before one of the worst autopsy photos I have ever seen in my entire life was a shotgun blast to the head of a man. Shudder. The damage done is unbelievable.

IMO

oceanblueeyes
02-10-2011, 12:24 PM
It would be interesting to know how Amy's body was dressed when she and Tanya were found. If Amy's murder actually happened as BJ claims when the two were discovered in the heat of the moment by Tanya, one would only think that maybe Amy might not have been fully dressed at the time. If Amy's body was found fully clothed it might raise some suspicions or doubt about how BJ is claiming things happened.

All JMO

I actually wouldn't trust how the victims were found knowing that he had time to rearrange anything he wanted and no one was the wiser.

I really think he mentioned the 'sex' to cover his tracks when DNA will most likely be discovered concerning Amy. How many rapists/murderers do we see that proclaim the 'sex' was consensual?:banghead:

What Beebe wanted everyone to believe that he was so alluring that he had two women on the string and one was so in love with him that she couldn't stand the thought of him being with someone else. IMO, the fantasy tale he weaves is to make himself look worth killing for as if he was DA MAN! A true psychopath that needs the beast (JB) to be stroked.

All of it is a bunch of bunk imo and the forensic evidence is going to show just what a bald face liar he really is.

IMO

OldSteve
02-10-2011, 12:54 PM

BBM

Time and time again I've seen cases where the last know person to see someone was not checked out. A search warrant is not needed to simply visit the person and say we are looking for so-and-so, have you seen so-and-so, even to ask if they (LE) can look around the property...

stillwatersc
02-11-2011, 11:41 AM
I actually wouldn't trust how the victims were found knowing that he had time to rearrange anything he wanted and no one was the wiser.

I really think he mentioned the 'sex' to cover his tracks when DNA will most likely be discovered concerning Amy. How many rapists/murderers do we see that proclaim the 'sex' was consensual?:banghead:

What Beebe wanted everyone to believe that he was so alluring that he had two women on the string and one was so in love with him that she couldn't stand the thought of him being with someone else. IMO, the fantasy tale he weaves is to make himself look worth killing for as if he was DA MAN! A true psychopath that needs the beast (JB) to be stroked.

All of it is a bunch of bunk imo and the forensic evidence is going to show just what a bald face liar he really is.

IMO

I so agree with this post! Not only was Amy murdered, but then had her name dragged through the mud by this creep. :furious:

Carolina Girl
02-14-2011, 08:06 PM
Bumping for news.

Rhyme & Reason
02-19-2011, 08:29 PM
Bumping.

No news??

palmerk
02-21-2011, 09:59 AM
Looks like Bebee's next court date is the 25th
http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2011/02/junior_lee_beebe_jrs_next_cour.html

crocus
02-25-2011, 11:31 AM
Hearing is at 1 pm today (EST)

Suspect in double murder to appear in court Friday
February 24, 2011 5:54 PM

VAN BUREN COUNTY, Mich. (NEWSCHANNEL 3) – The man accused of a double murder in Van Buren County will face a judge on Friday.

Junior Lee Beebe Jr. is facing murder charges in the deaths of Amy Henslee and Tonya Howarth. Their bodies were discovered in January in a shallow grave in Bangor Township.

It's a case that shocked West Michigan. Now Junior Beebe will be in court from a preliminary hearing. From what Beebe has told his family so far, he will most likely have a lot to say about why he is innocent.

more at link...........
http://www.wwmt.com/articles/court-1387810-suspect-double.html

Med examiner to play role in Beebe case
Physical evidence may help uncover truth
Updated: Thursday, 24 Feb 2011, 11:28 PM EST
Published : Thursday, 24 Feb 2011, 9:57 PM EST By Leon Hendrix

PAW PAW, Mich. (WOOD) - Although Amy Henslee and Tonya Howarth are dead, their bodies may provide evidence leading toward what really happened in the Van Buren County woods Jan. 24. The only other person who knows the truth is Junior Lee Beebe Jr., the only suspect accused of killing the women. He's being held at the Van Buren County jail on murder charges.

On Friday, a judge will decide if there's enough evidence to send Beebe to trial.

Kent County Medical Examiner Dr. Stephen Cohle performed the autopsies on Henslee and Howarth, who were shot to death and then buried in a wooded area of Bangor Township, police said.
Cohle will be in court Friday for Beebe's hearing. If a judge rules there's not enough evidence in the case against him, the charges would be dropped.

more at link.......
http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local/grand_rapids/Med-examiner-to-play-role-in-Beebe-case

redtailhawk
02-25-2011, 06:52 PM
JR Beebe WILL stand trial for Double Murder in the deaths of Amy and Tonya.

More Here

http://www.fox17online.com/news/fox17-police-search-for-missing-woma-01252011,0,7836775.story

and here

http://www.wzzm13.com/news/article/155018/14/Details-emerge-in-double-murder-case

redtailhawk
02-27-2011, 02:24 PM
JR Beebe WILL stand trial for Double Murder in the deaths of Amy and Tonya.

More Here

http://www.fox17online.com/news/fox17-police-search-for-missing-woma-01252011,0,7836775.story

and here

http://www.wzzm13.com/news/article/155018/14/Details-emerge-in-double-murder-case

In the video at the WZZM link the medical examiner says Tonya was shot 2 times in the back of the head......how does that happen when you are claiming self defense??

Also these details :

UPDATE 3:00PM - Forensics doctor testifies that Henslee was killed by two gunshot wounds fired from close range. One shot that hit her chest likely caused her death.

Tonya Howarth was killed by two gunshot wounds to the head from a shotgun. The main shot was from close range, about 3 feet.

OldSteve
02-28-2011, 01:06 PM
In the video at the WZZM link the medical examiner says Tonya was shot 2 times in the back of the head......how does that happen when you are claiming self defense??

Also these details :

UPDATE 3:00PM - Forensics doctor testifies that Henslee was killed by two gunshot wounds fired from close range. One shot that hit her chest likely caused her death.

Tonya Howarth was killed by two gunshot wounds to the head from a shotgun. The main shot was from close range, about 3 feet.

Seems like a self-defense plea won't jive with this!

redtailhawk
03-03-2011, 09:51 PM
The most complete report I've found...Wow, just wow! What is wrong with people?

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local/sw_mich/Beebe-in-court-for-Henslee-Howarth-case

lindugh
03-05-2011, 03:03 AM
Beebe is due back in court on monday, march 7. pat brown, profiler, reports arrest records of beebe, henslee & howarth.

http://patbrownprofiling.blogspot.com/

revampz
03-07-2011, 01:47 AM
I dont know if there was an affair going on or not, but from the pictures we saw I do think that he was at least close to amy and her husband. I do beleive what he says that she went to his trailer to smoke marijuana as the witness says that she got willingly into his car.......I also can be convinced that Tonya did shoot Amy, however I do not beleive that he shot Tonya in self defence, I think he grabbed the gun of her, she ran, he shot her in the back of the head. Hopefully the true story will come out.

Lurkey Lou
03-07-2011, 02:25 PM
http://www.wndu.com/hometop/headlines/Man_accused_of_killing_Mich_moms_pleads_not_guilty .html?storySection=story

snip-

The man of accused of killing two Van Buren County mothers earlier this year entered into a plea of not guilty Monday in court.

Junior Lee Beebe, 34, is charged with the murders of Amy Henslee and Tonya Howarth.

Henslee was the wife of Beebe's cousin and Howarth was his girlfriend.

lindugh
03-07-2011, 09:33 PM
A jury trial for Junior Beebe is scheduled for June 14.

Carolina Girl
03-08-2011, 02:12 AM
I do not have a hard time believing him. I think James Henslee knew something was amiss, and that is why he kept such tight reins on Amy. If they truly had financial problems, why did she quit her job and stay home? This story has not sat right from the beginning to me.

OldSteve
03-13-2011, 12:20 AM
Beebe is due back in court on monday, march 7. pat brown, profiler, reports arrest records of beebe, henslee & howarth.

http://patbrownprofiling.blogspot.com/

I read Pat's theory - don't agree with it.

revampz
03-15-2011, 12:03 AM
sorry Steve......but I do beleive this theory. I think Tonya shot Amy and in a fit of anger, he grabbed the gun off Tonya, she turned around to run and he shot her twice....

yosande
03-15-2011, 01:17 AM
Is it possible that he shot Amy because she witnessed Jr killing Tonya?

moo
I also think it's possible he shot Amy b/c she didn't want to have an intimate relationship with him, and it caused a chronic obsession with him, which he thought would bring relieve to him. Now he runs her through the mud. I don't believe they were lovers. He's a creep and her husband is a nice guy. Why would she want Jr? She already had the best life one could have.
I do think James and Amy were both concerned about Jr. and his feelings for Amy. I just don't know why she left with him. Maybe she thought it was safe since Tonya was there.
Idk.
moo

yosande
03-15-2011, 01:26 AM
sorry Steve......but I do beleive this theory. I think Tonya shot Amy and in a fit of anger, he grabbed the gun off Tonya, she turned around to run and he shot her twice....

Tonya was shot twice, once behind the ear, from a distance of 2" and once in the back of the head at 2 to 3 feet.

Amy was also shot twice; once in the leg, I don't know which leg or where on the leg, and once in the chest from about 3 feet away, which killed her. She also knew it was coming b/c she used an arm to protect herself.

In my opinion. Amy was shot inside the trailer and couldn't escape. Tonya was shot at the door. I don't know which part of the head was shot first, but both were fatal. Did he shoot her while in the trailer with Amy? Tonya was in the truck when Amy was picked up, so she knew she was there. She may have gone for coffee or something and came back while he was raping Amy or attempting to, and she yelled at him to stop, which brought the rage, and murder, but imo, neither women caused any of what happened that day. They are both innocent victims from the actions of an evil man. MOO

crocus
03-15-2011, 01:40 AM

I agree.

It will be very interesting to see how this all plays out in court.

Rhyme & Reason
03-18-2011, 05:07 PM
I agree.

It will be very interesting to see how this all plays out in court.

I second that.

Joe Friday
04-04-2011, 01:46 PM
Tonya was shot twice, once behind the ear, from a distance of 2" and once in the back of the head at 2 to 3 feet.

Amy was also shot twice; once in the leg, I don't know which leg or where on the leg, and once in the chest from about 3 feet away, which killed her. She also knew it was coming b/c she used an arm to protect herself.

In my opinion. Amy was shot inside the trailer and couldn't escape. Tonya was shot at the door. I don't know which part of the head was shot first, but both were fatal. Did he shoot her while in the trailer with Amy? Tonya was in the truck when Amy was picked up, so she knew she was there. She may have gone for coffee or something and came back while he was raping Amy or attempting to, and she yelled at him to stop, which brought the rage, and murder, but imo, neither women caused any of what happened that day. They are both innocent victims from the actions of an evil man. MOO

BBM

In an earlier article Tanya's mother said she dropped Tonya off at the property where the trailer was the morning Amy went missing after driving past the property and seeing Jr. truck there. If she (the mother) is telling the truth then Jr. has a witness to testify that Tonya was not with him when he picked up Amy. I don't know why she would be lying to protect Jr. when it was her daughter that was killed. So if Tonya was dropped off at the trailer knowing Jr. was there I can see Tonya walking in on Amy and Jr. in the trailer as Jr. claims happened. At any rate Tonya's mother's testimony might be the only thing that saves Jr. in court from two murder convictions. The testimony might raise enough doubt for the jury to believe his story of Tonya firing the shot at Amy. As for the self defense claim I don't see the jury buying that when he is the one holding the shotgun and he is supposed to be a tough guy cage fighter. I would think he should be able to defend himself against a women without having to shoot her twice with a shotgun.

Forensic evidence will show the location where each victim was shot, in relation to if they were shot inside or outside the trailer. It is not hard to determine who's blood is who's when it is know who both of the victims are and there should have been plenty of blood to make if very evident where each person was when they were shot.

My only thought on which shot took place first when Tonya was shot would be this. Why would you shoot someone in the head from a couple of inches away and then shoot them again from several feet away? Shooting some one in the head from a few inches away with a 410 shotgun is going to be a devastating blow. There would be no need to shoot someone again because that person would be killed instantly from the first blow. I think the first shot was made from a distance maybe while Tonya was trying to get away from Jr. and the second shot was made from a few inches away while she was likely lying on the ground.

JMO

Jules71
04-22-2011, 12:22 PM
What time did Tonya's mother supposedly drop her off at Junior's?

What time did Amy's neighbor supposedly see two females in Junior's truck?

It could be that both happened -if Tonya was dropped off at Junior's and then she or they went to get Amy.

I would agree that shot #1 to Tonya happened at a distance of 2 to 3 feet and then shot #2 was the shot behind the ear from a few inches. That does not show self defense one tiny little bit at all!

Can someone refresh my memory about where the blood was found - at the door and where else in the trailer?

OldSteve
05-08-2011, 12:11 PM
Found this updated article:
http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local/sw_mich/Beebe-in-court-for-Henslee-Howarth-case

OldSteve
06-01-2011, 11:40 PM
Wonder if the trial is still set to start on June 14th?
http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2011/03/junior_beebe_jr_pleads_not_gui.html

Rhyme & Reason
06-15-2011, 02:51 PM
Trial delayed until August

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2011/06/murder_trial_for_junior_beebe.html

jrb0124
08-02-2011, 11:33 AM
courtroom coverage live on woodtv.com (http://www.woodtv.com/) (once the testimony begins.)

also via Twitter (http://twitter.com/#!/search/leonhendrix) (in progress - jury selection).

jrb0124
08-02-2011, 12:59 PM
[LINK TO THREAD IN LOCATED (FOUND DECEASED) FORUM (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126841)]

Jury selection in progress. [LINK (http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local/sw_mich/Beebe-jury-selection-may-take-time)]

More than 120 people were brought in for the jury pool in the high profile murder case of Junior Beebe Jr., accused of killing two women and burying them near a trailer in January....Henslee was a 30-year-old mother of two, and Howarth, 36, was Beebe's girlfriend.

Follow the courtroom action now via Leon Hendrix on Twitter. [LINK (http://twitter.com/#!/search/leonhendrix)]

Live trial coverage on woodtv.com (once the testimony begins.) [LINK (http://www.woodtv.com)]

Rhyme & Reason
08-02-2011, 02:53 PM
Beebe won't testify at trial

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local/sw_mich/Beebe-jury-selection-may-take-time

Rhyme & Reason
08-02-2011, 03:32 PM

joe jones
08-02-2011, 06:16 PM
I have never heard about this case, his defence appears to be a bit of a stretch but who knows what a jury will believe,

Rhyme & Reason
08-02-2011, 09:16 PM
I have never heard about this case, his defence appears to be a bit of a stretch but who knows what a jury will believe,

This case is different, that's for sure. I'm really curious how it's going to play out. I'm in the extremely small minority that feels it very well may have happened how Junior says it happened. I'm not bashing Amy AT ALL, by all accounts she was a wonderful wife and mother. However...we are all human. Women have affairs, men have affairs. Stranger things have happened. Or I'm completely wrong & Junior is a cold blooded murderer.

crocus
08-02-2011, 09:45 PM
This case is different, that's for sure. I'm really curious how it's going to play out. I'm in the extremely small minority that feels it very well may have happened how Junior says it happened. I'm not bashing Amy AT ALL, by all accounts she was a wonderful wife and mother. However...we are all human. Women have affairs, men have affairs. Stranger things have happened. Or I'm completely wrong & Junior is a cold blooded murderer.

I agree with you Rhyme. (Nice to 'see' you again!)

I don't know these people from Adam, so I have no reason to be on one side or the other.

Just seems like there is some truth to what Beebe claims happened. Should be interesting to see how the trial plays out.

crocus
08-02-2011, 10:28 PM
Just looking for truth.

Period.

jrb0124
08-03-2011, 06:49 AM

Here's a great story with insightful local comments on the case from back in January: http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2011/01/amy_henslees_husband_says_juni/4132/comments.html

While I personally do not believe Beebe's story, if true - it does put the sequence of events into perspective. However - the prosecutors must have something(s) which clearly contradict his version.

I am also curious about how this will play out, and somewhat disappointed we will not hear directly from Beebe. Who else can substantiate the claim of an affair if that was the case?

A few things I do look forward to: testimony as to lack of or presence of gunpowder residue on TH's hands (would have to be present if TH is the one who shot AH), testimony from TH's mother (did she drop TH off at JB property or was TH already there with JB and AH?)

jrb0124
08-03-2011, 06:59 AM
Also from months ago, but a good refresher on the half dozen theories floating around out there. [LINK (http://patbrownprofiling.blogspot.com/2011/03/criminal-profiling-topic-of-day-why-i.html)]

jrb0124
08-03-2011, 07:05 AM
They could wrap up jury selection in the Junior Lee Beebe Jr. double murder trial by lunch (today), and the trial could begin this afternoon

[LINK (http://www.wsjm.com/Beebe-Trial-Could-Begin-This-Afternoon/10517845)]

jrb0124
08-03-2011, 08:24 AM
Here is the [Twitter Link (http://twitter.com/leonhendrix)], the one in the original post will not work today.

Getting ready to head back down for day 2 of Beebe's trial. WOODTV staff working overtime to try and bring you live video online.

joe jones
08-03-2011, 10:09 AM
Also from months ago, but a good refresher on the half dozen theories floating around out there. [LINK (http://patbrownprofiling.blogspot.com/2011/03/criminal-profiling-topic-of-day-why-i.html)]

some interesting theories, I find the profilers opinion to be based on little beyond speculation,

this trial will be very interesting, the state will have to work hard to disprove Beebe's explanation of the murders, I hope they have solid evidence to disprove his theory as I have a hard time believing his story,

his story may become more or less plausible as the trial goes on, so it will be a case of wait and see

joe jones
08-03-2011, 10:35 AM
jury has been seated, 9 men and 5 women

joe jones
08-03-2011, 10:41 AM
no hanging around openings start soon

jrb0124
08-03-2011, 10:41 AM
Whoa....

In a motion filed outside of jurors' presence Wednesday afternoon, Van Buren County Prosecutor Juris Kaps requested evidence of Henslee's extra-marital affairs be barred from trial.

Hunt agreed and the judge granted the motion as long as witnesses and prosecutors don't try to refute the defense's claim that Henslee was having an affair with Beebe.

[LINK (http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local/sw_mich/junior-beebe-trial-august-3-2011)]

http://media.mlive.com/kzgazette_impact/photo/9229308-small.jpg + http://media.trb.com/media/thumbnails/story/2011-02/88613720-09031747.jpg + http://media2.woodtv.com//photo/2011/01/28/henslee-crime-scene-012811_20110128172623_320_240.JPG

seriously???!!!

jrb0124
08-03-2011, 11:01 AM
opening statements have started, live trial feed is here:

http://www.woodtv.com/subindex/video/live_video

Rhyme & Reason
08-03-2011, 12:46 PM
Whoa....

In a motion filed outside of jurors' presence Wednesday afternoon, Van Buren County Prosecutor Juris Kaps requested evidence of Henslee's extra-marital affairs be barred from trial.

Hunt agreed and the judge granted the motion as long as witnesses and prosecutors don't try to refute the defense's claim that Henslee was having an affair with Beebe.

[LINK (http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local/sw_mich/junior-beebe-trial-august-3-2011)]

http://media.mlive.com/kzgazette_impact/photo/9229308-small.jpg + http://media.trb.com/media/thumbnails/story/2011-02/88613720-09031747.jpg + http://media2.woodtv.com//photo/2011/01/28/henslee-crime-scene-012811_20110128172623_320_240.JPG

seriously???!!!

Whoa is right! Thank you for all the great links!

Rhyme & Reason
08-03-2011, 12:49 PM
Whoa....

seriously???!!!

Some women are really attracted to the "bad boy" type. Not saying Amy was, my opinion only.

tfrohning
08-03-2011, 01:26 PM
wow thanks for link. This case went to trail fast.

SurfieTX
08-03-2011, 01:28 PM
A few interesting tweets:

LeonHendrix Leon Hendrix
Prosecutor: Howarth may have been running away when she was shot.
1 hour ago

LeonHendrix Leon Hendrix
Prosecutor: Bullet wound in Henslee's leg tracked upward...

LeonHendrix Leon Hendrix
Prosecutor: Medical examiner found "multiple bruises" on Henslee's body that he believes happened right before she died.

tfrohning
08-03-2011, 01:34 PM
did that lawyer called Amy "Tonya" might be here by my self. oh well
;(

tfrohning
08-03-2011, 01:34 PM
sorry I just don't think Amy was having affair with JR.

Rhyme & Reason
08-03-2011, 01:42 PM
wow thanks for link. This case went to trail fast.

They got the jury seated this morning & prosecution has already finished their opening statements!

jrb0124
08-03-2011, 01:56 PM
defense opening statement summarized: JB's story is the only story that logically fits the evidence and circumstances. Pros has not offered a motive or evidence for JB to shoot his "secret lover" (AH), pros has no evidence to prove 1st or 2nd degree on TH.

first witness up (for the state) : James Henslee (AH husband)

Rhyme & Reason
08-03-2011, 01:57 PM
Amy's husband James up now

jrb0124
08-03-2011, 02:01 PM
JH chewing gum continuously...even while talking sometimes, kind of annoying and distracting IMO.

Rhyme & Reason
08-03-2011, 02:07 PM
JH chewing gum continuously...even while talking sometimes, kind of annoying and distracting IMO.

I know. What's up with that?

jrb0124
08-03-2011, 02:16 PM
For those interested in this case, things have moved fast...jury selection ended this morning, opening statements have concluded, State is presenting its case. James Henslee is the first witness, now on cross from defense.

This trial is being live streamed online.

Link to trial thread: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146211&page=2

Livestream: http://www.woodtv.com/subindex/video/live_video

jrb0124
08-03-2011, 02:24 PM
defense keeps harping on the 10:00 and 2:30 daily calls between JH and AH - wonder where they're going with that aside from possibly coloring JH as controlling.

pomegranate
08-03-2011, 02:27 PM
defense keeps harping on the 10:00 and 2:30 daily calls between JH and AH - wonder where they're going with that aside from possibly coloring JH as controlling.

Maybe hinting that JH was suspicious of AH's activities, that he had reason to be suspicious? Chip away at AH's character?

jrb0124
08-03-2011, 02:38 PM
Maybe hinting that JH was suspicious of AH's activities, that he had reason to be suspicious? Chip away at AH's character?

Yes, pretty sure that's part of it - you're right. I really wonder though how the defense is planning on spinning this to the advantage of JB. Would suggest JB to be less impulsive and sloppy, and more deliberate and calculating IMO - at least in regard to an affair.

Palomine
08-03-2011, 03:26 PM
nice courtroom, love all the wood

Palomine
08-03-2011, 03:49 PM
I am sure my parent's would never lie for me, or ever say the words I don't recall

Palomine
08-03-2011, 04:02 PM
court over for day unless there are arguments

joe jones
08-03-2011, 04:52 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/03/nancy-novack-no-death-penalty_n_917583.html?ncid=edlinkusaolp00000003

good overview of some of the testimony

OldSteve
08-03-2011, 05:18 PM
Missed the video - anyone have links to where it can be seen?

Rhyme & Reason
08-03-2011, 06:12 PM
Missed the video - anyone have links to where it can be seen?

Which video OldSteve? Video of the trial?

ETA: This link for live feed when court is in session http://www.woodtv.com/subindex/video/live_video

So far not finding any video recap of today. If I find it I'll post.

joe jones
08-03-2011, 06:42 PM
tomorrow the ME will testify, and they have a demonstartion of the trailer to show the jury that his story just does not add up,

ohiogirl
08-04-2011, 09:16 AM
http://amyhensleemurder.blogspot.com/

ohiogirl
08-04-2011, 09:17 AM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/03/nancy-novack-no-death-penalty_n_917583.html?ncid=edlinkusaolp00000003

good overview of some of the testimony

I am not finding anything at this link. Thanks anyway.

joe jones
08-04-2011, 09:32 AM
I am not finding anything at this link. Thanks anyway.

sometimes they move the articles, why I have no idea, it is annoying though

joe jones
08-04-2011, 09:37 AM
court back in session, they have a mock up of the trailer in court, it appears to be quite small

joe jones
08-04-2011, 09:38 AM
http://yfrog.com/kjoirgj
picture from courtroom with trialer mock up in it

ohiogirl
08-04-2011, 09:43 AM
The live stream does not work for me. Does anyone know what time Howarth was supposed to be dropped off at the trailer?

Carolina Girl
08-04-2011, 10:02 AM
Good morning. I am here today, was not feeling well yesterday. Thanks for the info about the motion filed. I still think they were having an affair. I hope it works out that way.

OldSteve
08-04-2011, 10:33 AM
Something seems to be going on:

There is a sidebar on the right side of the page with Leon Hendrix giving notes about what has taken place... note this:

" Henslee's injuries are consistent with her being assaulted with a blunt object before death. "

Palomine
08-04-2011, 11:39 AM
LeonHendrix Leon Hendrix
Medical examiner: Beebe's claim that he and Tonya were struggling over the gun is "highly unlikely".

Palomine
08-04-2011, 11:57 AM
he maybe the it tech can get better sound for the courtroom..sounds like an interesting question..wants to look at equipment at end of the day

Rhyme & Reason
08-04-2011, 12:13 PM
Amy had Xanax & Marijuana

Tonya had Meth

http://twitter.com/#!/lisalaplanteFOX/status/99146176317763584

Palomine
08-04-2011, 01:23 PM

back live

Palomine
08-04-2011, 01:25 PM
LeonHendrix Leon Hendrix
Bangor City Treasurer on the stand... Testifying about seeing Howarth the day she was killed.

Palomine
08-04-2011, 01:26 PM
LeonHendrix Leon Hendrix
Howarth went in to pay a dog ordinance fine.

Palomine
08-04-2011, 01:34 PM
lisalaplanteFOX Lisa LaPlante
Philip Beebe, owner of property where bodies were found, now taking the stand. #BeebeTrial #FOX 17

Palomine
08-04-2011, 01:56 PM
LeonHendrix Leon Hendrix
A friend of Junior's is on the stand...

Palomine
08-04-2011, 01:58 PM
Phillip Beebe is done - said he saw Jr. on January 24, around noon; he was acting normal. Friend known as "Punkin" on the stand now

Palomine
08-04-2011, 02:03 PM
'Punkin' went with Jr & his mom at the Philip Beebe property Thursday, 1/27/11 and saw police there.Saw Jr get arrested

Palomine
08-04-2011, 02:04 PM
20 minute break to set up for video presentation

Palomine
08-04-2011, 02:38 PM
Sgt. Diane Oppenheim of the Michigan State Police on the stand - she may testify about the confession in the #BeebeTrial #FOX17

Palomine
08-04-2011, 02:38 PM
LeonHendrix Leon Hendrix
We are preparing to hear the taped confession of Junior Beebe. Detective on the stand.

Palomine
08-04-2011, 02:44 PM
January 27, Sgt. Oppenheim saw red residue at camper, saw Beebe walking through woods, had him held for questioning #BeebeTrial #FOX17

LeonHendrix Leon Hendrix
Detective who interviewed Beebe said Beebe claimed to be Henslee's drug supplier.

Palomine
08-04-2011, 02:47 PM
Det. Oppenheim told her that he went to Amy's on 1/24, brought her to the camper to watch video of him fighting and smoked weed #BeebeTrial

Palomine
08-04-2011, 02:51 PM
Sgt says Beebe claims he and Amy started to 'make out' when Tonya burst in - says Tonya grabbed gun, shot Amy & she went down #BeebeTrial

Palomine
08-04-2011, 02:55 PM
Sgt Oppenheim says statements by Beebe, Jr. were videotaped - we are about to view that in the #BeebeTrial - #FOX17

Palomine
08-04-2011, 02:59 PM
LeonHendrix Leon Hendrix
Defense attorney said Beebe was "sobbing" for several minutes while waiting to be interviewed by detectives.
31 seconds ago
Leon Hendrix
LeonHendrix Leon Hendrix
When confronted about blood, detective says Beebe told her, "I know what happened to Amy."

Palomine
08-04-2011, 03:06 PM
LeonHendrix Leon Hendrix
Beebe to detective on tape: Says he knew Amy was dead.
1 minute ago
Leon Hendrix

LeonHendrix Leon Hendrix
Beebe to detective on tape: Amy and Tonya got up and started feuding after Tonya walked into trailer.
2 minutes ago
Leon Hendrix

LeonHendrix Leon Hendrix
Beebe to detective on tape: I still can't believe it happened.
5 minutes ago
Leon Hendrix
LeonHendrix Leon Hendrix
Taped confession now playing in court.

Palomine
08-04-2011, 03:11 PM
LeonHendrix Leon Hendrix
Beebe to detective on tape: says he thought he was going to be shot. "I was next in line."

LeonHendrix Leon Hendrix
Beebe to detective on tape: says he told Tonya to sit down but she shot Amy anyway.

Rhyme & Reason
08-04-2011, 03:14 PM
Thank you for all the updates Palomine.

Palomine
08-04-2011, 03:17 PM
LeonHendrix Leon Hendrix
Beebe to detective on tape: "Covering it up was the major mistake."
2 minutes ago

Leon Hendrix
LeonHendrix Leon Hendrix
Beebe to detective on tape: "Nobody knew" about killings.
3 minutes ago
Leon Hendrix

LeonHendrix Leon Hendrix
Beebe to detective on tape: Admits he "tried to clean it all up."
4 minutes ago
Leon Hendrix

LeonHendrix Leon Hendrix
Beebe to detective on tape: "I didn't know what to do."
4 minutes ago
Leon Hendrix

LeonHendrix Leon Hendrix
Beebe to detective on tape: "I can't believe this happened to Amy...It's unreal."

Palomine
08-04-2011, 03:21 PM
LeonHendrix Leon Hendrix
Beebe to detective on tape: "I ain't no murderer...that's not me."
15 seconds ago

Leon Hendrix
LeonHendrix Leon Hendrix
Beebe to detective on tape: "I wanted to shoot myself... But I couldn't do that. I had to be there for my kid."

Palomine
08-04-2011, 03:29 PM
LeonHendrix Leon Hendrix
Beebe to detective on tape: "I should have just called 911"

Palomine
08-04-2011, 03:46 PM
LeonHendrix Leon Hendrix
Beebe to detective on tape: Beebe watched case developments on the news.

Palomine
08-04-2011, 03:56 PM
LeonHendrix Leon Hendrix
Beebe to detective on tape: "I had no intentions for this to happen whatsoever... I ain't no murderer."