PDA

View Full Version : Found Deceased OR - Lois "Sue" White, 51, Astoria, 26 July 2011

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
08-08-2011, 11:38 PM
Police search for Astoria woman missing for two weeks

Family members are searching for a 51-year-old Astoria woman who went for a walk two weeks ago and never came home.

Lois "Sue" White doesn't typically venture on foot away from their apartment complex, her husband, Ronald White, told The Daily Astorian.

But on July 26, Ronald was home with the couple's adult son when she left a note saying she was taking a walk.

[snip]

Police said they were told that Sue White's note had been destroyed before she was reported missing by her husband four days after she left.

More: http://www.kval.com/news/local/127076713.html

http://media.kval.com/images/110807-Lois-White.jpg

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
08-08-2011, 11:44 PM
Family baffled by disappearance

[snip]

Ronald White says he and the couple's adult son were at home on the day White left for a walk. He was in his bedroom.

"When I came out, she was gone," he recalled.

"She left a note saying she was taking a walk and that was it."

Police say they are aware of the note but were told that it had been destroyed prior to White being reported missing.

Police say that action was unhelpful and leaves many questions that may never be answered.

[snip]

Clatsop County Search and Rescue, Astoria Fire and Rescue Community Emergency Response Team (CERT), Seaside Helicopters owner Gary Turel and the U.S. Coast Guard have since tried to find White, hoping to come to the rescue, but all coming up short.

[snip]

White describes his wife as a good person. He says she did not normally take walks, aside from to the laundry room in their apartment complex. She didn't have a normal route. She was just a typical housewife, he said.

[snip]

Their daughter Tiffany reported her missing Tuesday.

Ronald White says he asked his daughter to make the call because he is disabled and she does a lot for him.

[snip]

The picture released to assist in the recovery efforts is a former identification card photo, estimated to be 10 years old.

More: http://www.dailyastorian.com/free/family-baffled-by-disappearance/article_793590fe-becb-11e0-a343-001cc4c002e0.html

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
08-08-2011, 11:46 PM
This case has major stink all over it IMO.

She never goes for walks. Yet, she left a note, which happened to be destroyed, saying she was going for a walk. She lived at home with her husband, adult son, and adult daughter. Her husband and son were home, yet she didn't tell either one she was leaving? Just left a note, even though they were both in the home? And then they wait 4 days to report her missing? And the daughter is the one who reports it, even though she wasn't home when it happened and none of them have seen her for 4 days. They also haven't taken a picture of her in the past 10 years?

What the heck?

Jaxson
08-08-2011, 11:49 PM
He waited 4 days to report her missing and threw away the note and they are 'devastated'?

Couple of questions here.
1st one is why would she leave a note, why not just tell them she's going for a walk since they were home. Unless she was going to commit suicide.

2nd one why wait 4 days to report her missing. How long of a walk did they think she was gonna take since she didn't usually venture far from their apt complex?

Jaxson
08-08-2011, 11:51 PM
Huh, what better place to dispose of a body than where the Columbia dumps into the Pacific.

Eta Maybe this woman just had enough of being a 'typical housewife' taking care of a disabled husband and two adult children and walked away from it all...

cluciano63
08-09-2011, 12:01 AM
What does the note was "destroyed" mean, anyway? I could see tossing it in the trash after reading it, but then taking it back out if she was not home in a few hours time...was it trash pick-up day, by chance?

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
08-09-2011, 12:08 AM
They live directly next to the river/bay...

On the other hand, if she really did just want to leave, there is a bus station within walking distance, 2-3 blocks.

1200 West Marine Drive, Astoria OR - Google Maps

Kimster
08-09-2011, 12:11 AM
Astoria is one of my favorite places I've ever been.

And this case sounds more fishy than all the fish on the pier. :maddening:

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
08-09-2011, 12:16 AM
Astoria is one of my favorite places I've ever been.

And this case sounds more fishy than all the fish on the pier. :maddening:

It's such a beautiful place. Hopefully Sue is alright and will be able to enjoy it more.

scandi
08-09-2011, 12:19 AM
They live directly next to the river/bay...

On the other hand, if she really did just want to leave, there is a bus station within walking distance, 2-3 blocks.

1200 West Marine Drive, Astoria OR - Google Maps (http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&biw=1600&bih=797&q=1200%20West%20Marine%20Drive%2C%20Astoria%20OR&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=11532l17104l0l17313l17l17l0l15l0l0l160l268l 0.2l2l0&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=nl)

Hi there, If she did want to leave I don't know if she would have the where with all to accomplish that even if she knew where the bus station was. IMO I heard on TV she is mentally challenged in some way.

I just look into Sue's eyes in that old pic and want to give her a great big hug. I hope she is OK where ever she is tonight. xox

Kimster
08-09-2011, 12:21 AM
Hi there, If she did want to leave I don't know if she would have the where with all to accomplish that even if she knew where the bus station was. IMO I heard on TV she is mentally challenged in some way.

I just look into Sue's eyes in that old pic and want to give her a great big hug. I hope she is OK where ever she is tonight. xox

Oh wow. I missed that she is challenged. Maybe she is just lost then? It's the lax in reporting her missing that bothers me, though.

:praying:

scandi
08-09-2011, 12:26 AM
It's such a beautiful place. Hopefully Sue is alright and will be able to enjoy it more.

It beautiful, and so historic. Think about all the people who have walked on that land at the mouth of the Columbia River where it meets the mighty Pacific Ocean. Tribes of Indians, Lewis and Clark, settlers who made it that far. I hope that holds some precious karma for her, just waiting to be found.

xox

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
08-09-2011, 12:30 AM
She has medical needs that need daily attention, police say.

http://www.kptv.com/story/15161640/astoria-woman-goes-missing-after-walk

That's what most of the articles say. I haven't seen anything specifying mental issues. But they may be specifying more on television?

Peisch described White as a quiet customer who came in regularly, but not as often as her husband. She says the two never came in together.

"They always came in for the same thing all the time, two bags of ice. Neither of them talked much. They were very quiet and reserved people," Peitsch said.

http://www.dailyastorian.com/free/family-baffled-by-disappearance/article_793590fe-becb-11e0-a343-001cc4c002e0.html

It seems she could make it to the store on her own, at least.

Jaxson
08-09-2011, 12:32 AM
Oh wow. I missed that she is challenged. Maybe she is just lost then? It's the lax in reporting her missing that bothers me, though.

:praying:

Oh my, so did I. They really need to get more information out there. So strange that the note was destroyed and the way the police called it 'unhelpful' was strange wording too. They really need to give the public the necessary info when asking for help.

scandi
08-09-2011, 12:40 AM
Oh my, so did I. They really need to get more information out there. So strange that the note was destroyed and the way the police called it 'unhelpful' was strange wording too. They really need to give the public the necessary info when asking for help.

I have only seen one newscast about her but will watch the 11pm news tonight to see if they mention her.

I can't remember exactly what they said about her medical condition. But it did leave the imprint in my mind that she did take medicine for it.

shefner
08-09-2011, 01:10 AM
I must have missed it....but does the daughter live with them also, in addition to their adult son?

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
08-09-2011, 01:12 AM
I must have missed it....but does the daughter live with them also, in addition to their adult son?

Yes. But I don't think she was home when her mother "left for her walk".

The Whites moved to Astoria 25 years ago from Boston. They have no family in the area, other than a son and a daughter who both live at home. The children, both grown, are struggling with the news of their mother's disappearance.

http://www.dailyastorian.com/free/family-baffled-by-disappearance/article_793590fe-becb-11e0-a343-001cc4c002e0.html

dreamweaver
08-09-2011, 07:25 AM
Yes. But I don't think she was home when her mother "left for her walk".

The Whites moved to Astoria 25 years ago from Boston. They have no family in the area, other than a son and a daughter who both live at home. The children, both grown, are struggling with the news of their mother's disappearance.

So, she leaves on a walk. She doesn't normally go on walks.
She leaves a note. There are at least two other people in the house.
She left wearing sweatpants. Maybe.
She doesn't drive a car, as the only picture is ten years old.
And no one took a picture last Christmas or on her birthday.

People at the little store she stopped in at, say they have their own thoughts about this.

http://www.seaside-sun.com/news/local_news/family-baffled-by-disappearance/article_cab6df7a-bed8-11e0-85f1-001cc4c03286.html
When she did leave the complex, employees at the Short Stop on Olney Avenue recall seeing her on several occasions as a customer.
"We all have our own thoughts on this," said employee Candy Peitsch. "I just hope they find her."

bbm

I hope police are checking every single security camera around that area.
And when was she last seen by anyone other than family?

And just an aside:
? Why did they buy two bags of ice at a time, on a regular basis?
Did they not have a refrigerator?
Just curious.

AuburnPoet
08-09-2011, 11:05 AM
How strange....I think we ALL have our own thoughts on this one!

CatFancier
08-09-2011, 12:33 PM
So, she leaves on a walk. She doesn't normally go on walks.
She leaves a note. There are at least two other people in the house.
She left wearing sweatpants. Maybe.
She doesn't drive a car, as the only picture is ten years old.
And no one took a picture last Christmas or on her birthday.

People at the little store she stopped in at, say they have their own thoughts about this.

http://www.seaside-sun.com/news/local_news/family-baffled-by-disappearance/article_cab6df7a-bed8-11e0-85f1-001cc4c03286.html
When she did leave the complex, employees at the Short Stop on Olney Avenue recall seeing her on several occasions as a customer.
"We all have our own thoughts on this," said employee Candy Peitsch. "I just hope they find her."

bbm

I hope police are checking every single security camera around that area.
And when was she last seen by anyone other than family?

And just an aside:
? Why did they buy two bags of ice at a time, on a regular basis?
Did they not have a refrigerator?
Just curious.

Sounds like a drinker is in the house. My now-deceased alcoholic father couldn't go without his ice.

Also, if the daughter had to call in the missing person report for the dad because he's disabled, how come the people at the store report seeing him more often than the missing woman?

Hoping against hope she just got sick of it all and took off...

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
08-09-2011, 02:44 PM
Sounds like a drinker is in the house. My now-deceased alcoholic father couldn't go without his ice.

Also, if the daughter had to call in the missing person report for the dad because he's disabled, how come the people at the store report seeing him more often than the missing woman?

Hoping against hope she just got sick of it all and took off...

I'm not aware of any disability that allows you to make trips to the store, but not able to make a phone call.

Also, and I'm not trying to place blame on anyone here, but why did the daughter wait to call? Was she out of the home those 4 days, and when she returned, automatically made the call? Or...did she return that night, and someone convinced her not to worry and not to call?

terracotta
08-09-2011, 04:45 PM
http://www.kval.com/news/local/127076713.html

Well my goodness, please listen to the interview with the husband. She is bi-polar and OCD. She didn't take her keys, meds or purse with her on her "walk". The husband was out going to garage sales that morning she left. He said he just figured she would show up at some point....he didn't know what she was doing....the last thing he wanted to do was involve the police. The news reporter said that he wouldn't say on record why he didn't want to involve police.....

Jeesh...poor woman...and this is what she dealt with at her home....I hope she walked away.....such a hinky story.

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
08-09-2011, 05:51 PM
So, according to that video, the husband and son were out at garage sales when she disappeared. Previously, he had said he was home, in his bedroom, and his son was also home when she disappeared.

If I went for a walk, I wouldn't take my meds or purse. I might take my keys, but not if I thought my family members would still be home when I got there. So I guess that would be logical...if she was the type of person who went on walks... And, if was planning on leaving or running away, I would definitely take my meds and purse.

The husband sounds like he is trying to say he suspected her of doing something wrong? "I didn't know where she was, what she was doing. The last thing I wanted to do was call the police."

Interesting.

dreamweaver
08-09-2011, 08:01 PM
http://northcoastoregon.com/missing-person-update-lois-white-p4470-1.htm
CERT team members have distributed fliers door to door, the Search and Rescue Team searched all accessible areas around the area she went missing and the USCG flew a mission searching the Young's Bay shoreline.

On August 2nd, another helicopter mission was flown with the help of Seaside Helicopter LLC . Owner Gary Turel donated flight time and fuel to fly a low level examination of the tidelands in Young's Bay.

I get the feeling by reading all these articles that the police suspect what has happened.

shefner
08-09-2011, 08:56 PM
Sounds like a heap of disfunction going on in that household....

TGIRecovered
08-09-2011, 09:29 PM
Bi-polar and Obsessive Compulsive Disorder seems like an unlikely combination to me.

People whom I've known with OCD are very predictible. They like their routines and are very resistant to change.

Bi-polar is a whole different set of symptoms, and very unpredictible, if I understand it correctly. I just don't see it going hand-in hand with OCD, but I'm no expert!

Just for the record, I take prescription meds daily which could pose some severe problems if I were suddenly to stop taking them, and I'm not mentally impaired. I can't imagine living in a small apartment with a disabled husband and two grown children and not need meds! Can you imagine what this hubby must be like to live with if he thinks it's reasonable to give police such a dumb story?

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
08-09-2011, 09:56 PM
OCD is commonly paired with depression. I've never heard of it with bipolar, but apparently it's not uncommon.

Clinical research suggests that OCD (http://ocd.about.com/od/whatisocd/a/whatisocd.htm) and bipolar disorder (http://bipolar.about.com/od/diagnosissymptoms/a/bipolardisorder.htm) co-occur with each other at a higher rate than would be expected by chance. Importantly, the presence of bipolar disorder can affect OCD symptoms (http://ocd.about.com/od/symptomsanddiagnosis/a/symptoms_ocd.htm) and treatment (http://ocd.about.com/od/treatment/a/treatment_OCD.htm).

More: OCD and Bipolar Disorder - http://ocd.about.com/od/otheranxietydisorders/a/OCD_Bipolar.htm

scorekeeper
08-09-2011, 10:07 PM
Really wierd, nonchalant interview with husband......

first, husband and son were home
then, story changed and they were garage saleing
husband didn't call 'cause he is disabled and his daughter does things for him...
disabled...but goes to store often to get 2 bags of ice and goes garage saleing
has she walked away before?
where was daughter during the first 4 days
bi-polar; but didn't take her meds or anything with her...
was she in a "manic" or "depression" state

I can't get over his tone....not concerned one bit!!

Sounds like a very, very dysfunctional family......

Hopefully, she walked away because he "seemed to care so much for her....not"

No one will go on camera and beg her to come home????? No pictures for 10 years....
c'mon folks.....

I pray she is safe.

scorekeeper
08-09-2011, 10:34 PM
go to mapquest and type in 1200 w. marine drive, astoria, oregon

the article says LSW lives in the 1200 block of west marine drive

http://northcoastoregon.com/police-ask-for-help-finding-endangered-missing-person-p4449-1.htm

All I see on mapquest is water, water, water and bridges, bridges, bridges..........

scorekeeper
08-09-2011, 10:45 PM
"She left a note saying she was taking a walk and that was it."

BUBM

What the he$$????

and "that was it"......

OneLove
08-09-2011, 11:01 PM
Sounds like a heap of disfunction going on in that household....

Just going to share my own personal
observations here:

Bipolars often rage in out-of-control and self-centered behaviors. I have a close relative married to such a bipolar person (many are intentionally 'misdiagnosed' borderline personality disordered so that the treatment and meds are covered by insurance). Anyway, when this 'bipolar' person rages, our family member has been coached to somewhat 'disengage' by the many counselors they have seen together over the years. When our family member steps away from the swirling volcano and goes about life as normal, the bipolar often LEAVES in a mad storm of rage, always returning at a later time calmed down. Sometimes that is a short time, sometimes days, and sometimes is checked into psyciatric hospitals. I shudder what would happen should this bipolar person never return home following one of these rages. I can also easily see the bipolar person, in a fit of rage, doing something to self-harm, intending to lay guilt/blame on the more balanced partner, or even to frame the other person as a part of their anger.

People who live in relationships like this tend to get worn down over time and not react with as much concern as tho it were a first-time incident. Children of self-serving bipolars/BPDs tend to become both worn down and extremely resentful/angry.

I wouldn't leap to assuming either the spouse or the offspring hurt the bipolar person until some kind of evidence points in that direction, based on my own experience with our family bipolar person.

I hope for the best in this situation.

shefner
08-09-2011, 11:09 PM
The response of hubby in this case is a huge red flag. I have a schizophrenic son, so I know a bit about mental illness. I can understand being angry, needing to take a walk, or spending some time alone to calm down. But if someone you love is gone for 4 days before you report them missing, you have a problem.

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
08-09-2011, 11:25 PM
Just going to share my own personal
observations here:

Bipolars often rage in out-of-control and self-centered behaviors. I have a close relative married to such a bipolar person (many are intentionally 'misdiagnosed' borderline personality disordered so that the treatment and meds are covered by insurance). Anyway, when this 'bipolar' person rages, our family member has been coached to somewhat 'disengage' by the many counselors they have seen together over the years. When our family member steps away from the swirling volcano and goes about life as normal, the bipolar often LEAVES in a mad storm of rage, always returning at a later time calmed down. Sometimes that is a short time, sometimes days, and sometimes is checked into psyciatric hospitals. I shudder what would happen should this bipolar person never return home following one of these rages. I can also easily see the bipolar person, in a fit of rage, doing something to self-harm, intending to lay guilt/blame on the more balanced partner, or even to frame the other person as a part of their anger.

People who live in relationships like this tend to get worn down over time and not react with as much concern as tho it were a first-time incident. Children of self-serving bipolars/BPDs tend to become both worn down and extremely resentful/angry.

I wouldn't leap to assuming either the spouse or the offspring hurt the bipolar person until some kind of evidence points in that direction, based on my own experience with our family bipolar person.

I hope for the best in this situation.

I completely understand this. But, if something like this happened, why not just say, "I think she was having a bipolar 'high', got angry, and left." ??? Instead of, "Ummm, well, she left a note, but ummm, I threw it away, and uhhhh, I couldn't report it cuz I'm disabled."

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
08-28-2011, 02:42 PM
Astoria police checkpoint will aid in search for missing woman

Police are continuing the search for an Astoria woman who has been missing for more than a month.

In an effort to refresh potential witnesses’ memories, the Astoria Police Department is setting up an informational checkpoint near the Astoria High School Friday from noon to 2 p.m. — roughly the same time and same day of the week Lois “Sue” White disappeared on over a month ago.

More: http://www.dailyastorian.com/free/astoria-police-checkpoint-will-aid-in-search-for-missing-woman/article_df267eda-cf3a-11e0-9a87-001cc4c002e0.html

ANNACANZANOKATU
09-24-2011, 10:44 PM
Seeking your thoughts on the interview I just conducted with the husband of missing Astoria, Oregon woman.
See the interview here (http://www.katu.com/news/local/130502413.html):
http://www.katu.com/news/local/130502413.html

--Anna Canzano,
Investigative Reporter
KATU News (ABC) (Portland, OR)
Email: acanzano@katu.com
www.facebook.com/AnnaCanzano
Twitter: @annacanzanokatu

ynotdivein
09-24-2011, 10:57 PM
Link to Lois's discussion thread for background information. Thanks for visiting, and welcome to WS, Anna!

OR - Lois "Sue" White, 51, Astoria, 26 July 2011 (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146738&highlight=Lois+White)

STEADFAST
09-24-2011, 11:09 PM
I haven't read about the case yet, but her husband's reactions seemed a bit odd to me. The part where he says something like, "Suspicious? Oh the police are always suspicious," seems off. I mean, if his wife's disappearance is being called suspicious, seems like he'd be more like "What? What do they think might have happened?" He doesn't seem the least bit worried or curious. Then he said his daughter (IIRC) called the police to report her missing, and when he says it, he nods over at the woman nearby as if for confirmation. So I assumed that was his daughter, but it turned out she wasn't his daughter but rather a friend of his. So who called LE and when seems muddy. I wouldn't be surprised to find out he rigged the dog search by using something that would lead the dog to the bridge.

On the other hand, I've thought husbands of missing women acted super hinky before and it has turned out a time or two that they hadn't done a thing wrong.

ynotdivein
09-24-2011, 11:11 PM
KATU investigative reporter Anna Canzano seeks WSers' thoughts on her recent interview with husband Ron White on the thread I've linked here.

For the time being, please respond to her request on that thread.

Seeking your thoughts on the interview I just conducted with the husband of missing Astoria, Oregon woman.

--Anna Canzano,
Investigative Reporter

Kimster
09-25-2011, 02:05 AM
Hi Anna! :seeya:

Everyone, Anna is verified and has even been a guest on Websleuths Radio! She's a sweetie. I do hope this interview helps find Lois. We discussed her case for a time and then interest seemed to wain. :(

Thank you for caring about Lois, Anna! :heartluv:

suzyq211
09-25-2011, 04:31 AM
Here's a newsclip from the time Lois disappeared...husband was interviewed over the phone...very odd IMO. He states that the last thing he wanted to do was involve police. Huh?

http://www.kval.com/news/local/127076713.html

ynotdivein
09-25-2011, 11:47 AM
Anna, there have been reports that Sue had some kind of disability and needed medication. Have you been able to confirm any more details about this that you can share?

I just don't know what to make of Ron. He sure doesn't seem distraught in your interview... and his claims that LE haven't been forthcoming with him are curious. If anyone hasn't been forthcoming, it's him. He didn't report her missing for four days (well, HE never reported it), he has these shifting stories about what exactly he was doing when Sue left for her "walk," he didn't want to do an interview with you at first--when you'd think family members would be doing all they could to keep Sue's story alive and in the public eye...

Did he at any time show emotion? I'd love to see the pieces of your interview that didn't make the broadcast. Also, have you been able to interview LE about the case?

Thank you for continuing to care about Sue.

BeanE
09-25-2011, 12:18 PM
Mods, can we get Lois "Sue" White's name in the thread title and opening post?

Thanks!

cluciano63
09-25-2011, 12:34 PM
Isn't there already a thread on Lois, that can be merged with this one?

fran
09-25-2011, 02:21 PM
First he says HE called LE twice and they couldn't help or something, then 'lisa'? called and they said they couldn't respond then he says someone else's name and they called, LE couldn't respond again and then they went down to the station.

FWIW, one thing in common with MANY cases is the ok, husband, doesn't report the missing person or delays.............

Then he said he was in his room. Then he was garage sale shopping. NOW he was unloading garage sale stuff and she disappeared. Well..............IF he was in his room and the son was there also, why a note that has since been allegedly thrown away? Now he's combined the two stories of his alleged where-abouts, and still put in the note? Nope, not here, in your interview. He forgot to mention the note. Did he say anything to you about the note, that is not on the tape released?

Did he say anything to you about her medicine? You would THINK he would.

NOW he says he looked for her but was unable to locate her? IF he was so concerned immediately, to have allegedly gone and looked for, why would he wait four days before contacting LE? IF they did in fact say they couldn't respond, why didn't he go down to the prescinct?

So, he allegedly hires this guy and his dogs to look for his wife, the guy CLAIMS, off camera, the dogs did a death alert at the bridge, and he sees nothing to be concerned about that his wife is missing? Sorry, THAT alone should have been enough for him to 1. say he understands why LE would be concerned or suspicious, 2. he'd be VERY fearful something bad had happened to his wife and be down at the station telling them to look for her, especially in the river or wherever the bridge was to, and he'd be imploring the public for their help.

FWIW, we've also seen, over and over and over, disappeared wife's spouses CLAIM their missing wife has mental issues. (Gail Palmgren, Susan Powell). IF she did have mental issues and was bi-polar say, and she went out of the house in a rage, when she didn't return, he SHOULD have been concerned that she would have harmed herself. That would also have been a reason to contact LE ASAP!

Why is he waiting for LE to get back to him about the poly-graph? IF he hired an outside search team, surely he'd also hire a poly-graph guy. What's he waiting for?

I think it's possible some of their neighbors or acquaintances or the people in the store, MAY know something. The people at the store said they had THEIR opinion. Wonder what it is? Do they live in an apartment? Could the neighbors have heard any loud arguments? ever?

IF I was local LE, I'd personally be checking out wherever this couple came from. imho Although I think I recall they'd been there for 25 years or so? I'd still be interested in their background.

Thanks for the interview. He's an interesting charactor. But, I do NOT think he's telling the truth.

JMHO
fran

PS...oh, and the almost smirk on his face as he begins discussing his missing wife, about LE being suspicious....just doesn't feel right. You'd think after this long, he'd be VERY concerned and beside himself. I mean, they've been married for 32 years, for goodness sake.....fran

dreamweaver
09-25-2011, 02:57 PM
I want to know what the daughter has to say.
How long had it been since she had seen her mom before she reported her missing?
Did her mom talk about any problems?

What about the son?
Where was he? What is his take on things?

Do the two adult children live at home? I think I remember reading that in one of the first news articles.
If so, do they work outside the home?

And, IMO
this woman, Sue was a home body and she rarely went anywhere. I can hardly believe that she would go on a 'walk' and then never come home.
It seems something else happened and more than likely, it happened at home.

ANNACANZANOKATU
09-26-2011, 01:51 AM
For this interested in the case, my in-depth report is airing tonight at 11pm on KATU News. You can livestream it from www.katu.com if you're out of area.
--Anna Canzano,
Investigative Reporter

ANNACANZANOKATU
09-26-2011, 01:54 AM
According to her husband, she is bipolar and has OCD. Emotion is hard thing to judge. He said that of course he wants his wife home, but also expressed annoyance at the investigation and how it had been run. Can't show raw video, but have another, more in-depth report airing in minutes in our 11pm Sunday newscast. -- Anna Canzano, KATU

Anna, there have been reports that Sue had some kind of disability and needed medication. Have you been able to confirm any more details about this that you can share?

I just don't know what to make of Ron. He sure doesn't seem distraught in your interview... and his claims that LE haven't been forthcoming with him are curious. If anyone hasn't been forthcoming, it's him. He didn't report her missing for four days (well, HE never reported it), he has these shifting stories about what exactly he was doing when Sue left for her "walk," he didn't want to do an interview with you at first--when you'd think family members would be doing all they could to keep Sue's story alive and in the public eye...

Did he at any time show emotion? I'd love to see the pieces of your interview that didn't make the broadcast. Also, have you been able to interview LE about the case?

Thank you for continuing to care about Sue.

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
09-26-2011, 09:07 PM
According to her husband, she is bipolar and has OCD. Emotion is hard thing to judge. He said that of course he wants his wife home, but also expressed annoyance at the investigation and how it had been run. Can't show raw video, but have another, more in-depth report airing in minutes in our 11pm Sunday newscast. -- Anna Canzano, KATU

Is there a video archive from this show? Would like to see the video.

It is concerning that Sue's husband changes his story every time he talks.

ynotdivein
09-26-2011, 10:16 PM

--Anna Canzano,
Investigative Reporter

SheWho, here's Anna's Saturday interview with Ron...

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
09-26-2011, 10:28 PM
SheWho, here's Anna's Saturday interview with Ron...

:) Thanks! I guess it helps if I actually click on the bolded links. :doh:

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
09-26-2011, 10:36 PM
From the interview:

"The police now consider her disappearance suspicious"

Ron: *shrugs* "Good luck to 'em. *laughs* They're always suspicious.

Ummmm, good luck? Shouldn't you be concerned that your wife's disappearance is suspicious? This is not concerning to you?

Ron also said they asked him to take a polygraph. He said he would only do it if it was through a private polygrapher of his choosing, and not theirs, and they never got back to him about it.

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
10-23-2011, 01:59 PM
Woman's body found in Astoria; identity not known

The body of a woman was discovered Saturday in a wooded area off Irving Avenue in Astoria.

[snip]

"The first question that everyone has asked is if this is Lois White," Astoria Police Deputy Chief Brad Johnston said. "We are a likely a long way from knowing that answer with any certainty. While investigators have made some observations that would support this theory, they have not come to a conclusion."

Forensic tests could take several weeks. However, the White family was notified of the discovery Saturday as a courtesy.

More: http://www.chinookobserver.com/free/woman-s-body-found-in-astoria-identity-not-known/article_f9e4df1e-fd98-11e0-85c8-001cc4c002e0.html

Kimster
10-24-2011, 12:14 AM
http://www.katu.com/news/local/132409968.html

The walkers found the body near Irving and 25th Avenue in an urban forest area, police said.

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
10-25-2011, 10:03 PM
Autopsy results inconclusive for woman's body found in forest

The autopsy results were inconclusive for the woman's body found off Irving Avenue in Astoria Saturday.

[snip]

[...] because of the body's condition, there will not be toxicology tests [...]

[snip]

It will take several weeks to identify the body through DNA tests. Dental records would identify the body almost immediately, but Johnston said they have had difficulty locating any.

Police have a couple of observations that could help provide an explanation of the woman's death, but the official cause of death will likely remain inconclusive, Johnston said. Those observations will not be made public until after the body is identified.

More: http://news.opb.org/article/autopsy_results_inconclusive_for_womans_body_found _in_forest/

belimom
10-25-2011, 10:12 PM
http://www.katu.com/news/local/132409968.html

The walkers found the body near Irving and 25th Avenue in an urban forest area, police said.

That's about a mile from the White's home, isn't it? Pretty close.

Kimster
11-18-2011, 03:05 PM
The UID was added to NamUS. I'm surprised they would do that if they think this might be Lois? :waitasec:

https://identifyus.org/cases/full_report/9409

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
11-18-2011, 05:21 PM
The UID was added to NamUS. I'm surprised they would do that if they think this might be Lois? :waitasec:

https://identifyus.org/cases/full_report/9409

Interesting...

The stats certainly fit. This has to be Sue. They must be waiting on the DNA. But still. Why take the time to put it in NamUs? "Just in case"???
DNA: Samples submitted - Tests not complete

Sue is 51. UID is 45-55.
Sue is 5'6". UID is 5'6".
Sue is 140-180 lbs. UID is 150 lbs.
Sue has brown/graying hair. UID's hair is graying.

Sue disappeared July 26. UID was found October 24, 3 months later. Estimated to have been deceased approximately 4 months.

Sue was last seen wearing blue hospital scrubs. UID was found wearing pink and blue scrub-type top with bee motif.

Kimster
11-18-2011, 05:36 PM
From what I've been learning, there are a lot of volunteers for the different law enforcement agencies helping input data. They may have just printed out a list and a volunteer transcribed it not knowing?

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
04-20-2012, 08:42 PM
Bumping for Sue. I do not understand why this connection hasn't been made...

StreetcarRider
07-15-2012, 09:15 PM
I just wanted to share this update:

After months of speculation, the body found in the woods off of Irving Avenue last October has been confirmed to be that of Lois “Sue” White.

http://www.dailyastorian.com/news/local/body-found-in-october-was-lois-sue-white/article_048e0bfa-a052-11e1-8516-0019bb2963f4.html

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
07-16-2012, 12:37 AM
Thank you, StreetcarRider.

I think we all knew, just waiting for it to be official. :( May Sue get the justice she deserves and finally be laid to rest in peace.