PDA

View Full Version : TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #27

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
08-09-2011, 01:05 AM
Holly Lynn Bobo was last seen early on the morning of April 13, 2011, outside of her home in Darden, Tennessee. She was seen being led away from the carport of her home toward a wooded area by a man described as approximately 5'8" to 6'0" tall and 200 pounds, wearing camouflage clothing.
Holly Lynn Bobo was last seen wearing a pink shirt and light blue jeans.
http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/holly-bobo/image_thumb http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/holly-bobo/bobo_h3.jpg/image_thumb

Thread #1
Thread #2

Thread #3
Thread #4

Thread #5
Thread #6 (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6353943&posted=1#post6353943)

Thread #7
Thread #8

Thread #9
Thread #10

Thread #11
Thread #12

Thread #13
Thread #14

Thread #15
Thread #16

Thread #17
Thread #18

Thread #19
Thread #20

Thread #21
Thread #22

Thread #23
Thread #24

Thread #25 Thread #26

-RUMORS are not allowed and will be removed.

-It's fine to discuss the brother and anyone mentioned in the media and tied to this case. Its not ok to talk about him or anyone as a suspect or POI. No one has been named as such.

-If you are new to us here, please take a moment to review our Terms of Service and Rules, especially the piece regarding social networking sites (Facebook and Twitter):
Rules Etiquette & Information

Professional Posters & Verified Locals/Insiders

Holly Bobo Map (http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0&msid=218199748434644937742.0004a0e4115bf271e54ae&hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=35.679217,-88.175486&spn=0.007617,0.013057&t=h&z=17)
Created by Hollye Thanks!

Some blog sites are not allowed to be linked to because of so many rumors being posted on them. Please pm a Mod if its not posted below to see if they are allowed.

The following blog sites are allowed to be linked to:
Case Signal (BeanE's site)
Val - The Hinky Meter
Amandareckonwth's case archive site - Crankycrankerson
Patty G's Video Library site

Please continue here!

shefner
08-09-2011, 01:09 AM
Praying for Holly.....

Where could she be?

Wonless
08-09-2011, 01:44 AM
1. Dumb question, what is unsub?

2. Wall would be in violation of court order when he failed to registar. RSO's in most states have to submit paperwork to the court if they want to move states, so he would be criminally liable for failure to registar, and could be extridited to face prosecution.

3. CB is the topic of discussion due to his alledged contradictory statements, and I admit, in the interviews he doesn't tell his story with what I would call "witness stand clearity", instead he kind of tells it in a offhand way that leaves alot opened to speculation...and I also find that very annoying...but I just can't see how its possible that this kid had the physical time, or the brains(no offense) to cover it up...whoever did this got away without even a trace.

4. I have aways wondered if the reports that people where not allowing there property to be searched had to do with the meth and pot problems reported in TN. I would image half the town has a backyard pot garden...

cluciano63
08-09-2011, 01:54 AM
Unsub=Unknown subject

Irish_Eyes
08-09-2011, 03:23 AM
27 threads and still no Holly....no insights to offer, just prayers that she's found soon.

Whisperer
08-09-2011, 07:30 AM
Look at the length of this driveway..

http://media.commercialappeal.com/media/img/photos/2011/04/16/Tenn_Woman_Abducted(2)_t320.JPG

I don't see how you get to the carport in the back of the house. I just read that the Bobo's refer to the converted garage (room addition) in their house as the "Garage".

Whisperer
08-09-2011, 07:35 AM
Need to scope out this guy Jason Nicholle was was arrested a week after HB was abducted. He had stalked two 19 yr. girls (not on his record)...so says the article. I imagine you guys have the goods on this guy already.

~n/t~
08-09-2011, 07:36 AM
1. Dumb question, what is unsub?

2. Wall would be in violation of court order when he failed to registar. RSO's in most states have to submit paperwork to the court if they want to move states, so he would be criminally liable for failure to registar, and could be extridited to face prosecution.

3. CB is the topic of discussion due to his alledged contradictory statements, and I admit, in the interviews he doesn't tell his story with what I would call "witness stand clearity", instead he kind of tells it in a offhand way that leaves alot opened to speculation...and I also find that very annoying...but I just can't see how its possible that this kid had the physical time, or the brains(no offense) to cover it up...whoever did this got away without even a trace.

4. I have aways wondered if the reports that people where not allowing there property to be searched had to do with the meth and pot problems reported in TN. I would image half the town has a backyard pot garden...

Personally, I don't think he had the brains. Just plenty of time to do his deed and take off with Holly. 15 to 20 minutes or more. As far as leaving evidence behind, we don't know at this point. LE could have plenty that we're not aware of. At least, I'm hoping they do. There had to have been prints, fibers, hairs. The question is how well did they do to recover this evidence considering they had people trample all over the place including people on SUV's , horses, etc.

As for the drug labs, I agree that may be a reason some would not have wanted their places searched even if LE said they would not prosecute. Who would want to take that risk? KWIM?

The reward money is high enough for any of these druggies to take the money and run but that didn't happen so I don't think it's drug related. The perp is probably some sex offender and not necessarily from TN.

That's my theory for today. It could change tomorrow. :banghead:

~n/t~
08-09-2011, 08:11 AM
Need to scope out this guy Jason Nicholle was was arrested a week after HB was abducted. He had stalked two 19 yr. girls (not on his record)...so says the article. I imagine you guys have the goods on this guy already.

Wish we would get an update. Last I heard he was being held on $300,000 bond.

http://wnws.com/sex-offender-charged-with-two-counts-of-stalking/

Carla Lashelle
08-09-2011, 08:18 AM
Look at the length of this driveway..

http://media.commercialappeal.com/media/img/photos/2011/04/16/Tenn_Woman_Abducted(2)_t320.JPG

I don't see how you get to the carport in the back of the house. I just read that the Bobo's refer to the converted garage (room addition) in their house as the "Garage".

Yes I have described the "garage" a good bit in the last two days. If you look at the aerial photos of the house you can clearly see that cars drive around the "North" end of the house... the paved driveway ends at the corner of the house but it is unpaved going back around the pool and to the "South" end of the house where, I believe, the car port is located.

The house being out in the middle of nowhere, and with the long driveway and possibility that Holly was accosted in the BACK of the property indicates this was not random. You wouldn't just be walking down the sidewalk here and see an attractive girl in her front yard...

Carla Lashelle
08-09-2011, 08:23 AM
Personally, I don't think he had the brains. Just plenty of time to do his deed and take off with Holly. 15 to 20 minutes or more. As far as leaving evidence behind, we don't know at this point. LE could have plenty that we're not aware of. At least, I'm hoping they do. There had to have been prints, fibers, hairs. The question is how well did they do to recover this evidence considering they had people trample all over the place including people on SUV's , horses, etc.

As for the drug labs, I agree that may be a reason some would not have wanted their places searched even if LE said they would not prosecute. Who would want to take that risk? KWIM?

The reward money is high enough for any of these druggies to take the money and run but that didn't happen so I don't think it's drug related. The perp is probably some sex offender and not necessarily from TN.

$85,000 should loosen a lot of tongues so I think if ANYONE had any creditable info they would have made a report by now. I'd turn in pretty much anyone for $85,000 (plus its just the right thing to do if you have info).

I do not see this as a typical drug related crime. Where I live is/was the "Meth Capital of the USA" over in Polk County, FL, and they didn't have meth crimes like this. It was usually people stealing stuff to make meth, meth labs being busted, and people committing burglaries to get stuff to sell for money to buy meth, etc.

I see the suspect's time line to be much greater than 15 minutes. The way everyone kept calling back and forth to Holly's mom would take time. When 911 was called the cops probably responded "quickly" but didn't drive to the house at 200 mph either. Then, I assume the first cop took his time to interview Clint, etc. before he decided to call for backup/assistance. Holly's parents said it took cops forever to get things set up and they spent a lot of time sitting around. I'm thinking the suspect had an easy two-four hour lead and that perhaps LE didn't really start to expand away from the Bobo house until 11 AM to Noon.

~n/t~
08-09-2011, 08:41 AM
$85,000 should loosen a lot of tongues so I think if ANYONE had any creditable info they would have made a report by now. I'd turn in pretty much anyone for $85,000 (plus its just the right thing to do if you have info).

I do not see this as a typical drug related crime. Where I live is/was the "Meth Capital of the USA" over in Polk County, FL, and they didn't have meth crimes like this. It was usually people stealing stuff to make meth, meth labs being busted, and people committing burglaries to get stuff to sell for money to buy meth, etc.

I see the suspect's time line to be much greater than 15 minutes. The way everyone kept calling back and forth to Holly's mom would take time. When 911 was called the cops probably responded "quickly" but didn't drive to the house at 200 mph either. Then, I assume the first cop took his time to interview Clint, etc. before he decided to call for backup/assistance. Holly's parents said it took cops forever to get things set up and they spent a lot of time sitting around. I'm thinking the suspect had an easy two-four hour lead and that perhaps LE didn't really start to expand away from the Bobo house until 11 AM to Noon.

Yes, I was more stating the 15 to 20 minutes or more at what would be considered the "crime scene" before the cops got there . The Bobo home. I agree that by the time they got all their ducks in a row or turkeys (sorry couldn't resist), the perp was long gone. I'm convinced he took her out of State.

TxLady2
08-09-2011, 09:19 AM

BBM: Not necessarily... the perp may not have touched anything except her, or could have been wearing gloves. Being outside, it would be very difficult to find trace evidence. Perps don't always leave hair and fibers around if they're only in a spot for a few minutes.

~n/t~
08-09-2011, 09:24 AM
BBM: Not necessarily... the perp may not have touched anything except her, or could have been wearing gloves. Being outside, it would be very difficult to find trace evidence. Perps don't always leave hair and fibers around if they're only in a spot for a few minutes.

He was there longer than a few minutes, imo and I have no doubt Holly put up a struggle and that's why there was blood. Also, her lunch bag or box or whatever type it was could've been thrown out the window by the perp....along with other evidence he may have been in contact with. Footprints if they went into the woods would be another clue....and so on.

Carla Lashelle
08-09-2011, 09:43 AM

He may have touched something in the garage, If he was in/on some sort of hard surface like a floor he could have left footprints from outside. We do not know if he left anything behind, which, oddly happens a lot in crimes. Seemingly LE may be trying to compare something from the house area to items found around Holly's school. Since they went back to the school to look for items out front, I assume they had specific things they were looking for, based on earlier investigations around the crime scene.

wfgodot
08-09-2011, 09:47 AM
How many times have we heard that the perp "always leaves something of himself or herself behind" at the scene of crimes. We shall see (or maybe we won't, at this rate) if this was the case here.

mountainguy777
08-09-2011, 11:21 AM
Yes, I was more stating the 15 to 20 minutes or more at what would be considered the "crime scene" before the cops got there . The Bobo home. I agree that by the time they got all their ducks in a row or turkeys (sorry couldn't resist), the perp was long gone. I'm convinced he took her out of State.

That seems logical to me too, but LE and family always say they believe she is still in the "area". They must have a reason to say that?

mountainguy777
08-09-2011, 11:30 AM
We could be looking at a situation where LE has fingerprints, hair, DNA, but nothing to comapare it to. A first time criminal that's not in the system. Those are the most frustrating cases because they have everything but a warm body to lock up.

~n/t~
08-09-2011, 11:42 AM
That seems logical to me too, but LE and family always say they believe she is still in the "area". They must have a reason to say that?

Wishful thinking? If they believe the perp had a vehicle, logic says he wouldn't stick around especially if Holly screamed. They would be hot on his trail in no time. I think the reason he hid his car was so it couldn't be traced. No license, no model, no nothing.

If the 2 guys they arrested were the perps, (the child molester and the stalker guy) they would have their DNA so I'm guessing like you said in your other post, this guy is someone not on their radar yet.

Carla Lashelle
08-09-2011, 11:47 AM
We could be looking at a situation where LE has fingerprints, hair, DNA, but nothing to comapare it to. A first time criminal that's not in the system. Those are the most frustrating cases because they have everything but a warm body to lock up.

That is quite true. It was the case in the Anne Pressly murder. She was killed in October, and LE did get DNA from the assault. The tests were rushed and LE got the lab results back quickly, but nothing was in the system. No hits and so it was a dead end. But a woman who had been raped earlier that year, in April, had submitted a rape kit sample for DNA analysis, and that came back 6 months later, in November, as matching the sample from Anne's murder. Working independently, LE had a suspect in mind that had been involved in fencing stolen goods, home break ins, and robbery type crimes. Curtis Vance was called in for questioning regarding those crimes, and voluntarily submitted a DNA sample. Turns out Vance matched the two prior unknown DNA hits. And LE went out and arrested him for murder and assault... It was a round about way for sure to catch him and sadly it took other crimes and victims to make a complete picture.

mountainguy777
08-09-2011, 11:57 AM
That is quite true. It was the case in the Anne Pressly murder. She was killed in October, and LE did get DNA from the assault. The tests were rushed and LE got the lab results back quickly, but nothing was in the system. No hits and so it was a dead end. But a woman who had been raped earlier that year, in April, had submitted a rape kit sample for DNA analysis, and that came back 6 months later, in November, as matching the sample from Anne's murder. Working independently, LE had a suspect in mind that had been involved in fencing stolen goods, home break ins, and robbery type crimes. Curtis Vance was called in for questioning regarding those crimes, and voluntarily submitted a DNA sample. Turns out Vance matched the two prior unknown DNA hits. And LE went out and arrested him for murder and assault... It was a round about way for sure to catch him and sadly it took other crimes and victims to make a complete picture.

The anne pressley murder still bugs me. Not only senseless, but so brutally senseless!!

Oriah
08-09-2011, 12:09 PM

One route of assistance in cases like Holly's (and many others....) :

http://namus.gov/

Such an unused and fantastic resource with so much potential. :(

Carla Lashelle
08-09-2011, 12:09 PM
The anne pressley murder still bugs me. Not only senseless, but so brutally senseless!!

Yup hit so close to home it haunts me every day even now. Thats what brought me here to WS...

R.U.Kidding!
08-09-2011, 02:35 PM
How many times have we heard that the perp "always leaves something of himself or herself behind" at the scene of crimes. We shall see (or maybe we won't, at this rate) if this was the case here.

wfgodot,

On 8/3/11 you posted the following:
Missing in Tennessee

Shelly Mook--156 days
Holly Bobo--- 112 days
Zaylee Fryar 96 days
Gail Palmgren 91 days

Any chance these abductions could be connected to one person?
Just re-reading all Thread posts thru 26, so if this has already been discussed, and discounted let me know or let me know where to find more info on these cases. I find your info very interesting.

wfgodot
08-09-2011, 02:55 PM
wfgodot,

On 8/3/11 you posted the following:
Missing in Tennessee

Shelly Mook--156 days
Holly Bobo--- 112 days
Zaylee Fryar 96 days
Gail Palmgren 91 days

Any chance these abductions could be connected to one person?
Just re-reading all Thread posts thru 26, so if this has already been discussed, and discounted let me know or let me know where to find more info on these cases. I find your info very interesting.

No, don't think so in terms of any of them being related:

Shelly Mook, an 8th grade teacher from Shelbyville, went missing after dropping off their daughter at her ex-husband's house. Her car was found burning that same night.

Zaylee Fryar is a missing four-month-old who disappeared with her mother, whose body was later found in the Cumberland River.

It is believed that Gail Nowacki Palmgren's husband holds information about her that could help authorities locate her after she vanished from Signal Mountain.

So, in two of the cases, there would seem to be a specific person of interest; in the third, the baby's body may be in the river and perhaps never found.

Prancy
08-09-2011, 03:26 PM
I came over here to see if there was anything new on this case. Did you see the family speak last week on Jane Velez Mitchell? Jane was quite confused about the facts as given. I don't think it was ever cleared up in their interview.

The brother who saw last saw his sister, said to Jane that he NEVER said she was led away by a man. He said they walked together into the woods. He said the man was NOT leading her.

The parents confirmed that blood found on the garage floor was that of their daughter. That would mean that she had been injured in some way that caused blood to fall upon the floor, but still walked away. I'm trying to figure out why she would walk away after being injured that severly and why the attacker did not have to force her or pull her along. And she was not fighting with the attacker. It's so odd.

If it was a local, I think they will let it leak and they will end up finding her. I hope so anyway.

MysteryAddict
08-09-2011, 04:02 PM
To me it defies common sense that Holly, after being injured enough to bleed in the garage, would walk away peaceably towards the woods with any man!

If the injury was accidental, wouldn't she have run back in the house to grab a band-aid?

OldSteve
08-09-2011, 04:07 PM
I think they are covering both bases of her still being in the area (used of paragliders) as well as in another state (use of flyers on trucks)...

~n/t~
08-09-2011, 04:09 PM
To me it defies common sense that Holly, after being injured enough to bleed in the garage, would walk away peaceably towards the woods with any man!

If the injury was accidental, wouldn't she have run back in the house to grab a band-aid?

I don`t think it was accidental. She was hit and told to move or else. The perp probably had a weapon on him.

Prancy
08-09-2011, 04:10 PM
Does anyone know who if anyone was given a polygraph?

Carla Lashelle
08-09-2011, 04:11 PM

Seems quite obvious (to me)... the suspect hit her or caused some kind of trauma. Perhaps when he surprised her. Stunned, and being threatened perhaps with a knife or gun (unseen by the brother) she obeyed the suspects commands and walked along peacefully with him.

Suspects go along with attackers or obey their commands all the time, for various reasons , such as fear.

JeannieC
08-09-2011, 05:02 PM
Nabbed sex offender may be linked to missing teen nursing student

Wall, who was found at his girl friend's home in Minnesota Monday, was the only sex offender in the Perry County area that could not be located after Bobo went missing.

http://www.wbtv.com/story/15235989/se

wishuwerehere
08-09-2011, 05:35 PM
Why would Clint recant a statement about Holly being “dragged” into the woods?

1) He’s confused.
or
2) He was told to recant.

I believe it’s No. 2.

I don’t believe that Clint hurt, abducted, or did something worse to his sister, Holly.
However, I do believe that Clint’s inconsistent statements in this case are a major clue.

This reminds me of the old adage: “If you can’t charm them, dazzle them with BS!
Question is, who’s doing the dazzling?

Maybe Clint did recognize the person Holly was walking with into the woods. This would explain Clint’s nonchalant behavior during the abduction.
If you're going to stand by Clint's statements, don't be half-assed about it.

CanManEh
08-09-2011, 05:47 PM

Makes good sence to me . if perp stabs you in the garage and says walk with me I'll do what i want and then let u go .Or ill kill you right now , I think most people are gonna walk with him He did just show you he means buisness cause your bleeding .

I am not sure where you got the accidental thing from. i dont think any of what happend was just an accident .

cluciano63
08-09-2011, 06:03 PM
Unless the perp had a gun, Holly should have had a chance to break free or scream. I think she must have known this person, in order to walk off in what looked like a calm manner, OR was being held at/shown a gun.

So close to her own home, within shouting distance even, it makes no sense for her to walk into the woods with a stranger who does not have a gun on her, IMO. You always have a chance to struggle, kick, etc against a knife, or some other weapon and apparently the amount of blood was small, not indicative of a major injury.

plaidmom
08-09-2011, 06:09 PM
Makes good sence to me . if perp stabs you in the garage and says walk with me I'll do what i want and then let u go .Or ill kill you right now , I think most people are gonna walk with him He did just show you he means buisness cause your bleeding .

I am not sure where you got the accidental thing from. i dont think any of what happend was just an accident .

This is a little off-topic and I hope it's not inappropriate, but this is a good reminder to train ourselves and our children to never ever ever let yourself be "moved" if at all possible.

The chances of survival are higher if you are stabbed or even shot in a public (or semi-public) place. Once you are marched, or carried, or driven into seclusion, your odds plummet. :(

JeannieC
08-09-2011, 06:19 PM
Unless the perp had a gun, Holly should have had a chance to break free or scream. I think she must have known this person, in order to walk off in what looked like a calm manner, OR was being held at/shown a gun.

So close to her own home, within shouting distance even, it makes no sense for her to walk into the woods with a stranger who does not have a gun on her, IMO. You always have a chance to struggle, kick, etc against a knife, or some other weapon and apparently the amount of blood was small, not indicative of a major injury.

I don't mean to offend anyone so when I say this it is meant out of the goodnes of my heart and nothing else.

I KNOW no one knows how they will react when a knife is held to their throat, when they've been cut, or anything else. We all think we know but when it happens its so different. Being there, knowing they will kill you is totally different.

Some will be frozen in fear, some will try to talk their way out of it, some will go along hoping to be freed, some will fight back. No one knows until they face it. And some by the grace of God will get away.

Prancy
08-09-2011, 06:37 PM
I'm responding to the post upthread about the brother changing the part about his sister not being led into the woods. It is odd iMO. Every story I have read says she was last seen being led into the woods, but brother said No, that is not what happened. I know he said it, because I saw and heard him say it myself on JVM.

Jane kept asking questions for clarification, but mom nor dad jumped in to help explain anything. They just sat there and stared straight ahead.

The mother said that LE has virtually told them nothing, except that the blood on the garage floor was their daugthers. She seemed okay with it, because she said as long as they were investigating, LE would not give them any information.

Darcyline
08-09-2011, 06:47 PM
This is a little off-topic and I hope it's not inappropriate, but this is a good reminder to train ourselves and our children to never ever ever let yourself be "moved" if at all possible.

The chances of survival are higher if you are stabbed or even shot in a public (or semi-public) place. Once you are marched, or carried, or driven into seclusion, your odds plummet. :(

You know, my mom always told me growing up that I should hit, kick, fight, scratch, spit, attack the groin area of, bite, and fight like a banshee if anyone tries to get me into a car or in a secluded area because secluded areas=they want to rape and likely hurt/kill you. I always thought she was a little crazy for repeatedly telling me that (she literally said fight like a banshee too-I am not exaggerating) but I wonder how many of these girls may have avoided abduction if they had fight like a banshee ingrained in their heads? I have only had one scary experience like this-a guy asked me for directions and then grabbed me and tried to drag me into the door of his car. FIGHT LIKE A BANSHEE was in my head and I punched him in the face and he let go.

It is hard to say "should have" as in she should have done this or he should have done that or this is what should have happened, though. The Bobos lived in a small town and have probably never had any reason to believe anything bad would ever happen to them. It probably never occurs to most parents to teach their kids how to act in an abducting situation except maybe don't talk to strangers/stranger danger. You also never know how you will react or if Holly knew this guy or if he somehow struck her so hard she was in a daze...no sense in blaming Holly for not screaming even though I really, really, really wish she had called out to her brother. I will also be teaching any children I have in life to fight like a banshee.

cluciano63
08-09-2011, 07:24 PM
Of course I did not mean to say that Holly should have done anything different if a knife were presented rather than a gun, especially is she had already been injured in some way. I assume she was in shock. But it still feels like there should have been some kind of scuffle or incident right there, complete with screams, unless she knew or recognized the man and felt he would not mortally wound her as long as she complied. Just my opinion, that's all.

All conjecture, as we don't know if he had a weapon or if her injury was caused by him. In fact, we hardly know anything except that she is gone.

shefner
08-09-2011, 07:46 PM
What if Holly was approached by someone who looked like this image...who was close to the size of her boyfriend? What if he said, "Hi!"...and she had her guard down with him?
What if he was someone she knew?

http://dailyserving.com/tag/san-antonio/

Carla Lashelle
08-09-2011, 08:12 PM
I survived an assault. I fought back. Ultimately I got hurt real bad. But I tried my best. I can't say it saved me but it couldn't have hurt. I had a lot of stuff going through my head at the time and it just seemed like the thing to do.

I think some people may just not know too that their chances are better to stand their ground. Surprise their attacker. Perhaps they think if they go along with things they wont get hurt (more) but thats usually a fatal mistake.

~n/t~
08-09-2011, 08:33 PM
I survived an assault. I fought back. Ultimately I got hurt real bad. But I tried my best. I can't say it saved me but it couldn't have hurt. I had a lot of stuff going through my head at the time and it just seemed like the thing to do.

I think some people may just not know too that their chances are better to stand their ground. Surprise their attacker. Perhaps they think if they go along with things they wont get hurt (more) but thats usually a fatal mistake.

I don't think anyone knows for sure how they would react in any given life or death situation. Not only in an abduction but we've heard about some very courageous folks who go into burning buildings or risk their lives trying to save a drowning child or adult.

I can understand someone like Holly who was probably doing her normal routine, feeling safe and suddenly someone approaches her. We don't know if the perp sweet talked her at first or made up some cockamamie story to have her trust him and then bang...before she could utter anything, he takes total control of her. The perp may have duct taped her mouth and handcuffed her and had a knife to her throat. If she fought back, she'd be dead anyway. Maybe the 10% chance she complied, she may still be alive.

I know wishful thinking on my part but there is always hope. :sigh:

PlainJaneDoe
08-09-2011, 08:35 PM
What if Holly was approached by someone who looked like this image...who was close to the size of her boyfriend? What if he said, "Hi!"...and she had her guard down with him?

Geez that creeps me out.

~n/t~
08-09-2011, 08:38 PM

Considering most all wore camouflage, it is very possible she let her guard down.

That type of wear would scare the bejesus out of me considering I'm a city girl but in Darden, it was the norm. A clean cut guy in a suit would probably raise more suspicion for Holly than a guy wearing that get up in the photo.

shefner
08-09-2011, 08:59 PM
There is lots of discussion online about the importance of camo facewear...."head to toe camo"....in turkey hunting. I think this dress played a part in a lot of the confusion that went on that morning.

Camo was normal....it was the start of turkey hunting season....unsub appeared to be same size and shape of boyfriend....

~n/t~
08-09-2011, 09:11 PM
There is lots of discussion online about the importance of camo facewear...."head to toe camo"....in turkey hunting. I think this dress played a part in a lot of the confusion that went on that morning.

Camo was normal....it was the start of turkey hunting season....unsub appeared to be same size and shape of boyfriend....

I think that's why CB may not have been alarmed at first either.

yllek
08-09-2011, 09:37 PM
I think that's why CB may not have been alarmed at first either.

And why he assumed they were kneeling over a turkey... The camo gear in the photo is a whole lot different than trendy camo-style retail clothes. IF the unsub was wearing such a get-up and he and someone else were kneeling over something, I could see a turkey being the first thing that would pop into Clint's mind. But, Clint said he only saw silhouettes at the time of the kneeling. IDK...

shefner
08-09-2011, 09:51 PM
Two of my friends (husband and wife) who wouldn't mind me sharing a photo of them with their turkeys....made on April 16 of this year, as the opening of turkey season began in our area~about the same time as it does in TN.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=165458063512248&set=a.141877749203613.30304.100001441678415&type=1&theater

cocomod
08-09-2011, 11:51 PM
I am just checking in on Holly. I haven't had a chance yet to read all of the new posts. What occurred to me with this new "RSO" is - WHY??!!

Why did it take the disappearance of a beautiful young woman for LE to look into a RSO that did not register for several years??!!

CanManEh
08-10-2011, 12:07 AM
Ok i gotta get this out cause this is what i took from the turkey comment and the kneeling over it to me it makes sence . I read /saw /heard/ you will have to forgive me because i don't even know where iam getting info from anymore but what I thought Clint had said was that alot of people hunt around thier property and it wasn't uncommon to bring back the game or turkey to the yard or house or garage and they would come out to take alook at what they got and holly's bf would often do this. And anyone that hunts or fishes you would know thats very normal to bring back whatever u got that day and show it to whoever was around . So when clint say holly and the man in camo kneeling he just assumed it was holly's bf and they were kneeling over a turkey and when he saw the blood on the garage floor that made him think ya he was right it was holly and her bf kneeling over a turkey he had prolly shot which accounts for why they were kneeling down and there is some blood left on the floor. That is what i have taken from what he said he saw and that makes perfect sence to me .

shefner
08-10-2011, 01:11 AM
NewsChannel 5...Holly Bobo Family Opens Up On OpenLine:

http://www.newschannel5.com/story/15239639/holly-bobo-family-opens-up-on-openline

JeannieC
08-10-2011, 01:30 AM
NewsChannel 5...Holly Bobo Family Opens Up On OpenLine:

http://www.newschannel5.com/story/15239639/holly-bobo-family-opens-up-on-openline

That was so sad. So glad the family is still getting her flyers out and keeping her name out there!

JeannieC
08-10-2011, 01:33 AM
Ok i gotta get this out cause this is what i took from the turkey comment and the kneeling over it to me it makes sence . I read /saw /heard/ you will have to forgive me because i don't even know where iam getting info from anymore but what I thought Clint had said was that alot of people hunt around thier property and it wasn't uncommon to bring back the game or turkey to the yard or house or garage and they would come out to take alook at what they got and holly's bf would often do this. And anyone that hunts or fishes you would know thats very normal to bring back whatever u got that day and show it to whoever was around . So when clint say holly and the man in camo kneeling he just assumed it was holly's bf and they were kneeling over a turkey and when he saw the blood on the garage floor that made him think ya he was right it was holly and her bf kneeling over a turkey he had prolly shot which accounts for why they were kneeling down and there is some blood left on the floor. That is what i have taken from what he said he saw and that makes perfect sence to me .

That makes sense to me too. Seems like they either took her out and shoot her or abducted her. Its so hard to know and why?

CanManEh
08-10-2011, 01:52 AM
I just watched the family on JVM and if you ask me the only thing that makes CB story all that confusing is JVM herself and it dont help when she cuts people off mid-sentence . Seems to me like the pastor that sat in at the end fits that 6ft 200 pound description also and what is wrong with the LE when do you not release any information at all like the cell phone pings they said she had it with her thats usually one of the first things you hear about in a missing persons case like what are they thinking .

JeannieC
08-10-2011, 02:03 AM
I just watched the family on JVM and if you ask me the only thing that makes CB story all that confusing is JVM herself and it dont help when she cuts people off mid-sentence . Seems to me like the pastor that sat in at the end fits that 6ft 200 pound description also and what is wrong with the LE when do you not release any information at all like the cell phone pings they said she had it with her thats usually one of the first things you hear about in a missing persons case like what are they thinking .

Who is JVM and who is CB? Is that a different case from Holly Bobo or am I just falling behind?

goldiegirl
08-10-2011, 02:15 AM
Who is JVM and who is CB? Is that a different case from Holly Bobo or am I just falling behind?

Jane Velez Mitchell from HLN and Clint Bobo.

goldiegirl
08-10-2011, 02:16 AM

That was terrifying at first, and I live here in the south! I'd love to know whether this guy in "full camo" (think we heard that term used, but who knows who said it) was wearing a mask like this one.

JeannieC
08-10-2011, 02:24 AM
Jane Velez Mitchell from HLN and Clint Bobo.

I must have watched a different video. I didn't see a minister. Just the parents and DB.

JeannieC
08-10-2011, 02:26 AM
That was terrifying at first, and I live here in the south! I'd love to know whether this guy in "full camo" (think we heard that term used, but who knows who said it) was wearing a mask like this one.

If I had seen someone in full camo it would either scare me or I would think it was a joke.

CanManEh
08-10-2011, 02:46 AM
Are you sure you have the right case . who is DB I think you mean CB as in Clint Bobo her brother.

JeannieC
08-10-2011, 03:26 AM
Are you sure you have the right case . who is DB I think you mean CB as in Clint Bobo her brother.

Thanks
I think I saw a different video. I didn't see a preacher. sorry my bad...

CanManEh
08-10-2011, 05:05 AM
No worries .I seen it on you tube the familly on the jane valez mitchell show its in 3 parts and its the 3rd video you see the pastor i believe thats what he was called he sits where the father was sitting . Mind you i wasn't accusing him or anything just that they talk about how its somone close ,someone that knows when she goes to school and knows the area . then you see him and you see that he is a rather large man closer to the description that CB gives...

JeannieC
08-10-2011, 05:12 AM
No worries .I seen it on you tube the familly on the jane valez mitchell show its in 3 parts and its the 3rd video you see the pastor i believe thats what he was called he sits where the father was sitting . Mind you i wasn't accusing him or anything just that they talk about how its somone close ,someone that knows when she goes to school and knows the area . then you see him and you see that he is a rather large man closer to the description that CB gives...

Thanks. I thought I was loosing it.......lol I'll have to go back and look at all of them. I only saw the first one.

I just hope and pray they find the person who abducted her and I hope she is still alive.

Carla Lashelle
08-10-2011, 08:17 AM
The TV interview last nite doesn't seem to provide any new info except that LE did suspct Clint, at least at first. Of course that is kinda obvious since he was the last person to see Holly alive. And LE has said he has been cleared.

What is too bad that while this is a call in show, it seel the call ins were big name people (Elizabeth Smart's dad, etc.) and was more of a pat on the back session. No one aparently asked any pointed questions for any clarification regarding details of the case.

~n/t~
08-10-2011, 08:32 AM
The TV interview last nite doesn't seem to provide any new info except that LE did suspct Clint, at least at first. Of course that is kinda obvious since he was the last person to see Holly alive. And LE has said he has been cleared.

What is too bad that while this is a call in show, it seel the call ins were big name people (Elizabeth Smart's dad, etc.) and was more of a pat on the back session. No one aparently asked any pointed questions for any clarification regarding details of the case.

New tshirts

~n/t~
08-10-2011, 08:35 AM
It would be nice if LE would tell us if CB and Drew are officially cleared.

BeanE
08-10-2011, 08:51 AM
Holly Bobo Family Opens Up On OpenLine
Updated: Aug 09, 2011 11:16 PM EDT

Transcription @ approx 1:31 in video:

Reporter: "The TBI cleared Clint Bobo of any involvement in his sister's disappearance."

Carla Lashelle
08-10-2011, 08:57 AM

Reporter: "The TBI cleared Clint Bobo of any involvement in his sister's disappearance."

Yes thats been widely reported for a long time, often in conjunction with the follow up that no one is not a suspect.

I'd like to see an actual LE spokesperson say it not a reporter report it. We got the same kinda nebulus statememnts regarding Ron and Misty

~n/t~
08-10-2011, 08:58 AM

Thanks but that's from the reporter. I'd like to hear it from LE. Remember he was cleared early on but then it was reported that nobody was cleared....sooo....is he or isn't he? What about Drew?

BeanE
08-10-2011, 08:58 AM

Hey CanMan. I searched but I can't find the 3 part videos. Can you find them again and link 'em in for us?

Thanks!

BeanE
08-10-2011, 08:59 AM
It would be nice if LE would tell us if CB and Drew are officially cleared.

I do it the opposite way - I wait until LE names someone - a POI or suspect. Otherwise I figure I'd have to wait for LE to clear millions of people in the world. :floorlaugh:

BeanE
08-10-2011, 09:01 AM
Thanks but that's from the reporter. I'd like to hear it from LE. Remember he was cleared early on but then it was reported that nobody was cleared....sooo....is he or isn't he? What about Drew?

Yep it's the reporter. I actually posted that before I saw your post. I wasn't responding - just putting the transcription for reference.

~n/t~
08-10-2011, 09:04 AM
I do it the opposite way - I wait until LE names someone - a POI or suspect. Otherwise I figure I'd have to wait for LE to clear millions of people in the world. :floorlaugh:

BeanE, they did clear him at the beginning but then said nobody was ruled out. I think it's important in any case to have LE officially clear the family so the investigation can move outwards. At this time, we have no idea if they're still looking at CB or not or anyone else close to Holly.

BeanE
08-10-2011, 09:08 AM
BeanE, they did clear him at the beginning but then said nobody was ruled out. I think it's important in any case to have LE officially clear the family so the investigation can move outwards. At this time, we have no idea if they're still looking at CB or not or anyone else close to Holly.

Yes I know, n/t. I've followed the case from the beginning. I haven't seen LE indicate any suspicion of the family. They seem to me to be looking outward. I'm not big on accusing people without any indication from LE that it's warranted. That's just me. Personal preference. Particularly with family members, who are already suffering. I don't want to add to their pain by throwing accusations and insults on top of their trauma and pain. I'm patient. I can wait for LE to give a sign of who to look at.

~n/t~
08-10-2011, 09:10 AM
They keep saying it's someone who knew the family routine, well heck the neighbour probably does, Drew probably does, the mailman (if they have one) probably does, friends of the family probably do to.

Did they question everyone close to Holly? I don't think so. I think they started outwards and then what?

Sorry but CB's description of the perp is probably 5/10 of the male population in Darden who go hunting. Some of the searchers with camo could've been the perp. Who knows. That's why it's so frustrating.

Carla Lashelle
08-10-2011, 09:12 AM
Hmmm what I typed isnt what posted... sorry

In this case there are just 3 or 4 people I really want to know from LE that they are CLEARED. Its normal to work from the inside out. Clear the family, then clear immediate close friends, then clear friends of friends...

~n/t~
08-10-2011, 09:14 AM
I think it's time for TBI to give us an update or at the very least give me one so I don't go mad. I'll even offer to give them my phone number for a personal update. :floorlaugh:

Carla Lashelle
08-10-2011, 09:19 AM
We need an update on the turkey too

Oriah
08-10-2011, 09:23 AM
Question: has anyone found anything, either from LE or in MSM- about the condition of Holly's last seen clothing?

Carla Lashelle
08-10-2011, 09:35 AM
Question: has anyone found anything, either from LE or in MSM- about the condition of Holly's last seen clothing?

Condition? If you mean was it new, old? No. Based on photos of Holly she always looks nice so I would assume her clothes were in good shape and not grundgey.

She was last wearing light blue colored jeans, bright pink tee shirt and black flip flops.

mountainguy777
08-10-2011, 09:37 AM
They say that initial witness accounts tend to be the most accurate. I wonder why there seems to be more focus on clint than drew when clint's initial thought was drew was with his sister.

Oriah
08-10-2011, 09:41 AM
Condition? If you mean was it new, old? No. Based on photos of Holly she always looks nice so I would assume her clothes were in good shape and not grundgey.

She was last wearing light blue colored jeans, bright pink tee shirt and black flip flops.

Yes, I know... I am wondering since there is such discussion of the blood found- and Holly possibly being on the ground at some point- if CB noticed dirt or blood on Holly's clothing when he observed Holly and her abductor going into the woods?

Did the last-seen clothing info come from KB?

Carla Lashelle
08-10-2011, 09:41 AM
They say that initial witness accounts tend to be the most accurate. I wonder why there seems to be more focus on clint than drew when clint's initial thought was drew was with his sister.

Supposedly Drew was at work or had some provable alibi for that morning, ruling him out. There is also the issue of motive. There does not seem to be any legitimate reason for Drew to commit the crime. It seems also that someone as close as a boyfriend would not assault someone in her own home or yard but would do something someplace else. Aparently even Clint did not suspect Drew would do something to his sister since he assumed the stranger was Drew.

Carla Lashelle
08-10-2011, 09:45 AM
Yes, I know... I am wondering since there is such discussion of the blood found- and Holly possibly being on the ground at some point- if CB noticed dirt or blood on Holly's clothing when he observed Holly and her abductor going into the woods?

Did the last-seen clothing info come from KB?

There is nothing that says Holly was on the ground. She was observed kneeling or crouching.

Clint said at frist it was just silhouettes of people and no there is no mention of the condition of anyone's clothes.

The description of the clothes was made available immediately although initially it said she had tennis shoes not black flip flops. The description was revised a bit I belive in July.

~n/t~
08-10-2011, 10:03 AM

His alibi checked out?

mountainguy777
08-10-2011, 10:10 AM
His alibi checked out?

Maybe. I don't know.

Carla Lashelle
08-10-2011, 10:18 AM
His alibi checked out?

In at last some reports didnt Holly's mom call him at work after Clint called her to ask if it was Drew in the garage?

Cheewawa007
08-10-2011, 10:33 AM

BBM: I thought the exact same thing canman!! It was so odd that during a commercial break, they took Dana (the Dad) away and replaced him with the pastor...my first thought was who is this man that looks to be 200 lbs & possibly 6' tall. Very strange indeed.

Carla Lashelle
08-10-2011, 10:38 AM
BBM: I thought the exact same thing canman!! It was so odd that during a commercial break, they took Dana (the Dad) away and replaced him with the pastor...my first thought was who is this man that looks to be 200 lbs & possibly 6' tall. Very strange indeed.

i dont see any big deal as far as the pastor being 6' thats the average height of a US male...

Thats what makes the description so utterly worthless/useless. Im a woman and Im just under 6' tall.

~n/t~
08-10-2011, 10:45 AM

He's been the family spokesperson since the beginning and helping them cope.

Cheewawa007
08-10-2011, 10:46 AM
i dont see any big deal as far as the pastor being 6' thats the average height of a US male...

Thats what makes the description so utterly worthless/useless. Im a woman and Im just under 6' tall.

Not making a big deal of it.... just saying it was so strange to hear the description of the the man being 6', 200lbs and the statement that it could be someone within the community and bam!! There sits an individual approximately 200 lbs, 6' tall. It just took me by surprise is all; just giving my :twocents: -nothing more.

~n/t~
08-10-2011, 10:47 AM
In at last some reports didnt Holly's mom call him at work after Clint called her to ask if it was Drew in the garage?

All I remember is mom saying she had spoken to Drew that morning and told CB it wasn't Drew with Holly.

mountainguy777
08-10-2011, 10:51 AM
Not making a big deal of it.... just saying it was so strange to hear the description of the the man being 6', 200lbs and the statement that it could be someone within the community and bam!! There sits an individual approximately 200 lbs, 6' tall. It just took me by surprise is all; just giving my :twocents: -nothing more.

Plus.....if they were praying when they were kneeling...

wfgodot
08-10-2011, 11:08 AM
Yeah, I have to admit, the "hinky pastor" thing occurred to me, too. But I think there are more reasonable answers.

BeanE
08-10-2011, 11:52 AM
The poor pastor.

OldSteve
08-10-2011, 11:55 AM
He's been the family spokesperson since the beginning and helping them cope.

There was someone else in the beginning, appeared on Nancy G show, can't remember his name, should check BeanE's blog...

Carla Lashelle
08-10-2011, 11:57 AM
QUOTE=~n/t~;7011989]He's been the family spokesperson since the beginning and helping them cope.

There was someone else in the beginning, appeared on Nancy G show, can't remember his name, should check BeanE's blog...[/QUOTE]

Yeah that Bromley fellow who was like the spokesmime

Prancy
08-10-2011, 12:20 PM
I didn't follow from the beginning, but I can't understand how the scent dogs could have not followed her scent into the woods. If they went into the woods, they had to have walked through them to some exit area OR he left her there. Either way wouldn't scent dogs have been able to pick up her scent as she walked touching bushes or tree limbs. It would be the perfect conditions that scent dogs train right? No concrete, water or vehicles. Does anyone know what the dogs did when they were given her known clothing and then sat out at the edge of the woods where she was last known to be? Did they go a distance and then lose it or did they ever find the scent on the ground near the woods. OH, the odds of scent tracking would be even greater since she was bleeding too, right?

I didn't see this question upthread. Please direct me if it's elsewhere.

Carla Lashelle
08-10-2011, 12:42 PM
I didn't follow from the beginning, but I can't understand how the scent dogs could have not followed her scent into the woods. If they went into the woods, they had to have walked through them to some exit area OR he left her there. Either way wouldn't scent dogs have been able to pick up her scent as she walked touching bushes or tree limbs. It would be the perfect conditions that scent dogs train right? No concrete, water or vehicles. Does anyone know what the dogs did when they were given her known clothing and then sat out at the edge of the woods where she was last known to be? Did they go a distance and then lose it or did they ever find the scent on the ground near the woods. OH, the odds of scent tracking would be even greater since she was bleeding too, right?

Been discussed tons but basically the statement that the dogs did NOT get a scent comes anecdotally from a paid TV talking head on the Nancy Grace show... It has not been really verified one way or another in any other sources.

however there is an interview with someone from LE floating around that does say LE knows where the couple entered the woods.

Myself I think a vehicle was close by and they did not wander around very far past the tree line anyway.

Oriah
08-10-2011, 01:18 PM

Yes, yes and yes Prancy.

I am completey perplexed by this SAR dog scenario.

There is no way (imvho) that a properly trained trailing dog would lose scent- given the time frame of the 911 calls- and the availability of scent articles- and with a handler knowing the general direction of travel...who would at the very least backtrack to the location last seen. Which is Holly's residence, and the property owned by the Bobo's.

If the dog(s) called out were properly trained for trailing-and the last seen info is correct- Holly was either moved by a vehicle at the rear treeline (the direction opposite of Swan Johnson) or else was abducted by one of Kimster's aliens. :banghead:

BeanE
08-10-2011, 01:19 PM
Yes, yes and yes Prancy.

I am completey perplexed by this SAR dog scenario.

There is no way (imvho) that a properly trained trailing dog would lose scent- given the time frame of the 911 calls- and the availability of scent articles- and with a handler knowing the general direction of travel...who would at the very least backtrack to the location last seen. Holly's residence.

If the dog(s) called out were properly trained for trailing-and the last seen info is correct- Holly was either moved by a vehicle at the rear treeline (the direction opposite of Swan Johnson) or else was abducted by one of Kimster's aliens. :banghead:

Or Mark Furman - the only person who's said the dogs lost scent - was wrong.

Oriah
08-10-2011, 01:57 PM
Or Mark Furman - the only person who's said the dogs lost scent - was wrong.

Yes. Sooooooo...... I go back to direction of travel. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Whisperer
08-10-2011, 02:08 PM
Mark F. usually gets accurate information. He has good contacts.

Are the Bobos coming back on TV? I thought they were going to come back on JVM the following day.

Whisperer
08-10-2011, 02:12 PM
I think it's time for TBI to give us an update or at the very least give me one so I don't go mad. I'll even offer to give them my phone number for a personal update. :floorlaugh:
I hope you called them and left your number ~n/t~. :floorlaugh:

If they haven't called you..I am ready to get real worried...again! Another LE in another rural area NOT caring to give out information. I don't like the way this is going. If stranger abduction, they have no problem giving out info. In fact, they want to...so the public can help.

When they lock out the public...it is never good.

Carla Lashelle
08-10-2011, 02:14 PM

Are the Bobos coming back on TV? I thought they were going to come back on JVM the following day.

The Bobos did the TV interview I posted earlier today.

Who knows with Fehrman who was professionally discredited. Myself I would take whatever he says with a BIG grain of salt. All these TV talking heads are EX something or another... usually EX for a reason. Plus his statement on NG was the same show that talked about blood flecks across the yard etc. With regards to the dogs, his quote was something like "I called Tennessee and they said..." Like he spoke to a State? WHO like name, rank/authority?

BeanE
08-10-2011, 02:16 PM
Hard Rock Café to Host Hope for Holly Benefit
8/10/11

The Hope for Holly benefit concert and silent auction starts Aug. 13 at 9 pm in the Hard Rock Café’s Reverb Room at its location on Broadway in downtown Nashville.

A number of items will be auctioned including some from Amy Grant, Faith Hill, Vince Gill, Buddy Jewel and Burns & Poe. All proceeds from the benefit will go to the Bobo family.

http://www.decaturcountyonline.com/article.asp?art=1751

wfgodot
08-10-2011, 02:16 PM
Didn't Fuhrman say he'd spoken "to a dispatcher"? Unlike, say, a sheriff, undersheriff, or uniformed officer?

BeanE
08-10-2011, 02:20 PM
The Bobos did the TV interview I posted earlier today.

Who knows with Fehrman who was professionally discredited. Myself I would take whatever he says with a BIG grain of salt. All these TV talking heads are EX something or another... usually EX for a reason. Plus his statement on NG was the same show that talked about blood flecks across the yard etc. With regards to the dogs, his quote was something like "I called Tennessee and they said..." Like he spoke to a State? WHO like name, rank/authority?

I like Mark a lot.

I have a HUGE problem with any information 1) comes from one and only one source, and 2) the source of the information is not given.

Re: 1 - I just have to have another confirmation before I can feel confident the info is true and accurate.

Re: 2 - If someone can't name the source of their info, my belief is that there's something seriously wrong.

Like I said, I like Mark, but this info rates very low on my credibility and reliability scale.

Whisperer
08-10-2011, 02:20 PM
I don't think 6ft is average male height in U.S.A. Unless an area is heavily Nordic, most men are under 6ft in U.S.

Oriah
08-10-2011, 02:23 PM

I don't know about the accuracy of MF's statements or contacts.

I do know, that if called out on a case within the short period of time between Holly's abduction, the 911 calls made to local LE, and bringing SAR dog(s) out... that there is no way a well-trained dog and handler should lose scent of a missing person traveling on foot. Unless there's a body of water, or vehicle access at the location the scent was lost.

Neither of those are true in Holly's case- unless the reporting is completely incorrect.

Vehicle access is north, northeast, and southwest of the treeline- water access is east of Holly's last seen direction of travel.

What is going on here??

Carla Lashelle
08-10-2011, 02:27 PM
Didn't Fuhrman say he'd spoken "to a dispatcher"? Unlike, say, a sheriff, undersheriff, or uniformed officer?

Ok its from Geraldo (not NG but same difference)

http://video.foxnews.com/v/4661350/frustration-mounts-in-search-for-holly-bobo

at about 7:22 he says he talked to a Dispatcher

around 8:44 he speaks about the scent

Who knows...

BeanE
08-10-2011, 02:30 PM

Earlier in the show he said 'dispatcher' with TBI and 'someone' (dispatcher? secretary? clerk? janitor?) with Sheriff's office.

Later in the show, when he mentioned the scent, he just said 'when I called TN'.

Video – Frustration Mounts in Search for Holly Bobo
http://video.foxnews.com/v/4661350/frustration-mounts-in-search-for-holly-bobo
Fox News Geraldo at Large – Apr 25, 2011- 10:40am
John Walsh, Mark Furman
Case Signal Transcriptions:
- Mark Furman @ 7:14: “I called Tennessee Bureau of Investigation. I actually talked to a dispatcher. I talked to somebody in the Sheriff’s department.”
- Mark Furman @ 8:39: “When I called Tennessee, I also found out that the dogs did not scent anything in that treeline where they supposedly entered.”

Carla Lashelle
08-10-2011, 02:32 PM
I don't think 6ft is average male height in U.S.A. Unless an area is heavily Nordic, most men are under 6ft in U.S.

ok as of like 2006 its 5' 10.5 inches... thats close enough. My point is though the description is so vague that it does not even eliminate ME at least by height.

Its a totally useless description. It does not even say the suspect is white, although that is assumed.

wishuwerehere
08-10-2011, 02:47 PM
In the Geraldo video above, at 6:08 a pond is shown. I'm sure this body of water was searched, yes? And any and all other bodies of water close to the Bobo home were searched also?

cluciano63
08-10-2011, 03:02 PM
Oriah would the dogs be confused if her scent were all over the property?
Still, they should have followed it into the wooded area, though, right? If she had entered the woods on foot? What if she was carried at that point and tossed into a nearby waiting vehicle?

The thing about what MF said on Fox, it was never really picked up on by any other media or further explored, or even contradicted, it's like he just said it and that was the end of it, other than rumors and message boards, as far as I know. It would be significant info, if true.

shefner
08-10-2011, 03:08 PM
Today I said a prayer for you, Holly....and for your family.

Carla Lashelle
08-10-2011, 03:10 PM
As for scent trails remember too that Tornados and bad weather hit that area almost at the same time that Holly went missing. A lot of the searches were postponed due to weather.

Prancy
08-10-2011, 03:11 PM
After the Bobo family were interviewed by JVM, she said she was going to contact LE and find out what was going on. She seem perplexed at the number of things that mom had no idea about, because she said LE refused to tell her much of anything. I didn't see JVM the next night, so I don't know if she had any luck with LE who is conducting the investigation.
I wonder what they told JVM.....Hmmmmm.......

Carla Lashelle
08-10-2011, 03:16 PM
After the Bobo family were interviewed by JVM, she said she was going to contact LE and find out what was going on. She seem perplexed at the number of things that mom had no idea about, because she said LE refused to tell her much of anything. I didn't see JVM the next night, so I don't know if she had any luck with LE who is conducting the investigation.
I wonder what they told JVM.....Hmmmmm.......

No followup (was not expecting any)

I think that interview was the first and only time Holly was on the JVM show and Holly was only mentioned on NG I believe twice?

cluciano63
08-10-2011, 03:17 PM
No, I think JVM had talked about Holly before at some point...but nothing was ever useful so it hardly matters...JMO

wishuwerehere
08-10-2011, 03:21 PM
“Sunday, April 17, Day 5: Search intensifies
Late Sunday afternoon a source tweeted that several waterway searches were in progress and that dive teams were being utilized.”
http://www.examiner.com/missing-persons-in-national/holly-bobo-abduction-week-review#ixzz1UegaCIUX

However, they don’t state exactly what waterways have been searched. I was wondering if they have searched ponds nearby on others’ property as well?

It's not stated in the video above (the Geraldo video at Post #113) where the pond shown is located. Whether it be on the Bobo's property or somewhere else.

VirginiaDoll
08-10-2011, 03:49 PM
Hi all!

This is my first post regarding Holly Bobo and I just wanted to do a quick re cap, as I have been pouring over various news for the last few days trying to piece together what is the most honest/exact set of minute details. (Of course this is my opinion only, based on what I have read.)

1. Clint states that Holly was never dragged. He said he saw her walking towards the woods, with a man holding her arm. Thought it was her boyfriend. LE also stated that it was a media/LE miscommunication that she was dragged.

2. Phone calls to family and LE were:
a. Neighbor hears screams, calls local school where Mother, Karen, works.
b. Neighbor calls 911
c. Mother calls brother, asked if he had seen Holly, and Clint said he saw her walking with her boyfriend. Mother exclaims "It wasn't her boyfriend!" Hangs up.
d. Mother hangs up with son and immediately calls 911.
e. Clint realizes something is wrong, goes out to the drive way, sees blood, calls 911 and runs to the woods where he last saw Holly walking with man approx. 6 ft. Finds nothing.
f. Sherriff (not TBI) said call came in at 7:59am but didnt say which call for help it was.

3. Father, Dana, said it was his opinion that the lunch sack and belongings found, may have been placed there to throw LE off the trail.

4. Dogs trace Holly's scent into the woods, but never found exit point.

5. Father, Dana alspo states he believes the perp must have known the family well enough to know when they left for work/school.

Questions:
Does anyone have an exact time for the the 911 calls?
When did the first police car arrived to the Bobo house?
What exact time did they start the offical search?
How large is the wooded area?
Are there any roads that go out of the wooded area to the street?
With everyone just standing around the Bobo's yard/driveway waiting to search, didnt anybody leave and start driving the roads nearby the woods?

The family said they feel terrible no road blocks,searches were set up during this time and feel like they could've missed a window of oppoortunity (what an awful 'what if' to have!). I guess in a crisis, people just wait for the police, but it surprises me that no one though to go to the roads that sat at the perimiter of the woods.

Carla Lashelle
08-10-2011, 04:00 PM
Hi all!

Questions:
Does anyone have an exact time for the the 911 calls? No
When did the first police car arrived to the Bobo house? Not known
What exact time did they start the offical search? Not known but not right away
How large is the wooded area? vast
Are there any roads that go out of the wooded area to the street? trails and logging roads in area
With everyone just standing around the Bobo's yard/driveway waiting to search, didnt anybody leave and start driving the roads nearby the woods? Parents said LE wouldnt let people into woods

edited down to get to the question part

Oriah
08-10-2011, 04:07 PM
Oriah would the dogs be confused if her scent were all over the property?
Still, they should have followed it into the wooded area, though, right? If she had entered the woods on foot? What if she was carried at that point and tossed into a nearby waiting vehicle?

The thing about what MF said on Fox, it was never really picked up on by any other media or further explored, or even contradicted, it's like he just said it and that was the end of it, other than rumors and message boards, as far as I know. It would be significant info, if true.

Hi cluciano!
A properly trained trailing dog with a good scent article from the missing person- and put on scent within the period of time described in Holly's abduction- should be able to follow the trail of a person (especially one on foot) for miles.

If there were a waiting vehicle that Holly was placed in- then the dog(s) should have trailed her through the wooded area to a vehicle access area- such as the logging trail.

They shouldn't have stopped at the treeline; and I don't know that they did...
But either way- we have a couple of scenarios:
*The dog(s) used initially were not properly trained for trailing a live scent.
*The dog(s) used initially were trained in tracking and/or trailing, but not trained in HRD.
*They were 'guided' by a handler in the direction of the wooded area behind the Bobo home b/c of witness accounts.
*The dog(s) actually lost scent at the treeline because Holly was moved from there, and not on foot.
*Holly never went anywhere on foot.

There are a few other possibilities as well- but these are the most likely, IMO.

BeanE
08-10-2011, 04:25 PM
Hi all!

This is my first post regarding Holly Bobo and I just wanted to do a quick re cap, as I have been pouring over various news for the last few days trying to piece together what is the most honest/exact set of minute details. (Of course this is my opinion only, based on what I have read.)

1. Clint states that Holly was never dragged. He said he saw her walking towards the woods, with a man holding her arm. Thought it was her boyfriend. LE also stated that it was a media/LE miscommunication that she was dragged.

b. Neighbor calls 911
c. Mother calls brother, asked if he had seen Holly, and Clint said he saw her walking with her boyfriend. Mother exclaims "It wasn't her boyfriend!" Hangs up.
e. Clint realizes something is wrong, goes out to the drive way, sees blood, calls 911 and runs to the woods where he last saw Holly walking with man approx. 6 ft. Finds nothing.
f. Sherriff (not TBI) said call came in at 7:59am but didnt say which call for help it was.

3. Father, Dana, said it was his opinion that the lunch sack and belongings found, may have been placed there to throw LE off the trail.

5. Father, Dana alspo states he believes the perp must have known the family well enough to know when they left for work/school.

Questions:
With everyone just standing around the Bobo's yard/driveway waiting to search, didnt anybody leave and start driving the roads nearby the woods?

The family said they feel terrible no road blocks,searches were set up during this time and feel like they could've missed a window of oppoortunity (what an awful 'what if' to have!). I guess in a crisis, people just wait for the police, but it surprises me that no one though to go to the roads that sat at the perimiter of the woods.

It should be noted when reading the below that it was said that 911 calls went to two different counties. Wyatt is Decatur county. Also should be noted that it's unclear how many 911 calls there were - somewhere between 0 and 4 at last count.

April 15: Decatur County Sheriff Roy Wyatt:
msnbc.com Video Player

Case Signal transcription:

Sheriff Wyatt: “It was shortly before we got the call at my office, which came in at 7:59am. Officers was dispatched, and then we took it up from there. The mother was there on the scene when we got there.”

April 14: ABC 7 WBBJ
http://www.wbbjtv.com/news/local/Decatur-County-Abduction-119818374.html

- Because the area where the incident happened is rural, investigators said it took time for police to arrive and organize the search.

- The family said there may have been as much as a 45 minute time gap form the time this happened, to when the search started.

You might be able to pick out some more info here:
http://casesignal.wordpress.com/2011/04/27/holly-bobo-timeline/

Snowbunny
08-10-2011, 04:25 PM
Hi cluciano!
A properly trained trailing dog with a good scent article from the missing person- and put on scent within the period of time described in Holly's abduction- should be able to follow the trail of a person (especially one on foot) for miles.

If there were a waiting vehicle that Holly was placed in- then the dog(s) should have trailed her through the wooded area to a vehicle access area- such as the logging trail.

They shouldn't have stopped at the treeline; and I don't know that they did...
But either way- we have a couple of scenarios:
*The dog(s) used initially were not properly trained for trailing a live scent.
*The dog(s) used initially were trained in tracking and/or trailing, but not trained in HRD.
*They were 'guided' by a handler in the direction of the wooded area behind the Bobo home b/c of witness accounts.
*The dog(s) actually lost scent at the treeline because Holly was moved from there, and not on foot.
*Holly never went anywhere on foot.

There are a few other possibilities as well- but these are the most likely, IMO.

Is it possible that the abductor could have thrown some sort of chemical out on the ground that would stop the dogs from being able to track Holly?

Carla Lashelle
08-10-2011, 04:53 PM
Again the overhead shot of the house during WINTER. its actually useful as the trees lack their foliage and you can see the ground better.

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s290/slinky_chixx/House1edited.jpg

Clint said he saw Holly and the susupect waking roughly toward the top of the photo. Swan Johnson road is to the right.

Oriah
08-10-2011, 04:59 PM
Is it possible that the abductor could have thrown some sort of chemical out on the ground that would stop the dogs from being able to track Holly?

I suppose anything is possible.... but given that LE initally reported that Holly's scent was tracked to the treeline (which CB referred to as north) I think nearly impossible to correlate all scenarios involved. :banghead:

wishuwerehere
08-10-2011, 05:07 PM
Again the overhead shot of the house during WINTER. its actually useful as the trees lack their foliage and you can see the ground better.

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s290/slinky_chixx/House1edited.jpg

Clint said he saw Holly and the susupect waking roughly toward the top of the photo. Swan Johnson road is to the right.

Is that a pond/lake at the bottom left of the photo?

shefner
08-10-2011, 05:09 PM
And what is that to the very far left of the map? Is that a house or building of some type?

CanManEh
08-10-2011, 05:16 PM

I know and thats part of what i wad said earlier half the problem is JVM herself and not understanding something and cutting you off in mid sentance . And again im not saying he should be a POI but i just saw it as odd that they are describing the RSO to be 5 foot 5 and 135 pounds but the guy Clint say was closer to 6 foot too hundred pounds and then they go to a reporter saying its someone from town someone that knows holly and knows when she would leave for school and next thing u know u see this paster take over for dad and hes a rather large guy im gonna take a guess that he looked to be about 200 pounds around 6 foot ...Just sayin ..

goldiegirl
08-10-2011, 05:27 PM
Sorry to ask this, but does someone have a link to the JVM video? I followed one of the links in the last thread to watch the interview right after it happened, but that link only showed Clint talking. I didn't get to see Dana, the pastor or any of the rest of the interview. Thanks!

TxLady2
08-10-2011, 05:27 PM

Unless they're in TX, of course. :crazy:
Guessing someone's height from a distance is not easy, unless you have something or someone with a known height next to them to compare it to. I'm guessing Clint was going by his sister's height standing next to the guy. But how many brothers would know their sister's exact height? Mine wouldn't, for sure.

Carla Lashelle
08-10-2011, 05:28 PM

doubtful. most likely 1) wrong kind of dog 2) no scent

Carla Lashelle
08-10-2011, 05:31 PM
Is that a pond/lake at the bottom left of the photo?

yes its water. no idea what the small items are at the left of the photo. Could be a small structure, junk, something on someone elses property?

Has anyone typed the Bobo's address into Google Earth to see what actually comes up?

Carla Lashelle
08-10-2011, 05:37 PM
As to dogs... I noticed our local sheriff (?) had put a moratorium on the use of tracking dogs as it turned out they had a poor track record and were not of any use anyway. So... I don't know if I would take them not finding any scent as meaning a whole lot.

Chili Fries
08-10-2011, 05:40 PM
In the Geraldo video above, at 6:08 a pond is shown. I'm sure this body of water was searched, yes? And any and all other bodies of water close to the Bobo home were searched also?

According to Hollye's map...

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0&msid=218199748434644937742.0004a0e4115bf271e54ae&hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=35.679217,-88.175486&spn=0.007617,0.013057&t=h&z=17

...that pond is on the Bobo property. I'm not afraid to admit when my memory may be faulty but one thing I'm pretty sure about is that the water on the Bobo's property was reported to have been re-searched thoroughly a few days after she disappeared. I don't have a link but I distinctly remember that.

Darcyline
08-10-2011, 05:51 PM
As to dogs... I noticed our local sheriff (?) had put a moratorium on the use of tracking dogs as it turned out they had a poor track record and were not of any use anyway. So... I don't know if I would take them not finding any scent as meaning a whole lot.

Yep. I have lost faith in dogs for these reasons. There are cases on here where dogs missed a dead body sitting like...10 feet away. I think dogs can be useful sometimes like maybe hitting hard on a dead body smell in a suspect's place and for other means like sniffing out drugs. Following scent trails? I am not so convinced dogs are very effective there.

I also think it is nearly impossible to guess someone's height from in a house looking down on them standing next to a very small girl. I would say the actual height could be anywhere from from slightly below average to slightly above average (5'8-6'1). All of those heights may look similar when looking from a weird angle from a distance and only having a much shorter person to compare it to.

wishuwerehere
08-10-2011, 06:06 PM
According to Hollye's map...

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0&msid=218199748434644937742.0004a0e4115bf271e54ae&hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=35.679217,-88.175486&spn=0.007617,0.013057&t=h&z=17

...that pond is on the Bobo property. I'm not afraid to admit when my memory may be faulty but one thing I'm pretty sure about is that the water on the Bobo's property was reported to have been re-searched thoroughly a few days after she disappeared. I don't have a link but I distinctly remember that.

ChiliFries, do you remember if any of the bodies of water were drained or did they use dive teams only?

JeannieC
08-10-2011, 06:27 PM
Sorry to ask this, but does someone have a link to the JVM video? I followed one of the links in the last thread to watch the interview right after it happened, but that link only showed Clint talking. I didn't get to see Dana, the pastor or any of the rest of the interview. Thanks!

I said the same thing and found out the interview was in 3 parts. Check out the videos below the one you viewed.

Chili Fries
08-10-2011, 06:51 PM
ChiliFries, do you remember if any of the bodies of water were drained or did they use dive teams only?

I remember it being divers. There was a flurry of activity at the time so it wasn't a focal point of news but I believe the reports were of divers going back over water on (and near also? I'm not sure about that) the Bobo property.

I haven't been able to find the Bobo's property records on the Henderson County section of the TN real estate assessment data site to find exactly how much property they own. If they just own the one big parcel shown on Hollye's map then their house is very close to the north edge of their property. I'm sure LE has contacted adjacent landowners and asked about who they've let hunt their property (or if they've found uninvited guys hunting their land), especially with the parcel to the north being so close to the house.

BeanE
08-10-2011, 07:00 PM
I said the same thing and found out the interview was in 3 parts. Check out the videos below the one you viewed.

I sure would appreciate it if someone would link the videos.

BeanE
08-10-2011, 07:04 PM
Tennessee investigator makes plea for help in Bobo case
http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/04/19/us-tennessee-woman-idUSTRE73I00P20110419

Reuters – Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:03pm EDT

The Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency was using imaging technology to map the bottoms of bodies of water near the Bobo home, Gwyn added.

Chili Fries
08-10-2011, 07:22 PM
Tennessee investigator makes plea for help in Bobo case
http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/04/19/us-tennessee-woman-idUSTRE73I00P20110419

Reuters – Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:03pm EDT

The Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency was using imaging technology to map the bottoms of bodies of water near the Bobo home, Gwyn added.
Thanks BeanE, you are good.

JeannieC
08-10-2011, 07:39 PM
I know and thats part of what i wad said earlier half the problem is JVM herself and not understanding something and cutting you off in mid sentance . And again im not saying he should be a POI but i just saw it as odd that they are describing the RSO to be 5 foot 5 and 135 pounds but the guy Clint say was closer to 6 foot too hundred pounds and then they go to a reporter saying its someone from town someone that knows holly and knows when she would leave for school and next thing u know u see this paster take over for dad and hes a rather large guy im gonna take a guess that he looked to be about 200 pounds around 6 foot ...Just sayin ..

Canman, do you have a link to that video. Goldengirl wants to see it and I can't seem to find it........ Weren't you the one who posted it?

Thanks so much!

goldiegirl
08-10-2011, 07:43 PM
I remember it being divers. There was a flurry of activity at the time so it wasn't a focal point of news but I believe the reports were of divers going back over water on (and near also? I'm not sure about that) the Bobo property.

I haven't been able to find the Bobo's property records on the Henderson County section of the TN real estate assessment data site to find exactly how much property they own. If they just own the one big parcel shown on Hollye's map then their house is very close to the north edge of their property. I'm sure LE has contacted adjacent landowners and asked about who they've let hunt their property (or if they've found uninvited guys hunting their land), especially with the parcel to the north being so close to the house.

Y'all are way better at this technical stuff than I am, so I haven't contributed to the mapping projects and I'm probably wrong here and don't want to step on anyone's toes, but ... aren't they in Decatur County?

mountainguy777
08-10-2011, 08:17 PM
Hi all!

b. Neighbor calls 911

Questions:

About the calls:

Clint said in his own words he contacted mom first to see who would be in the garage that morning.

CanManEh
08-10-2011, 11:28 PM

Sorry Goldie I do not know how to put up the link but i can however tell you what i did to see the video. I went to you tube and typed in JVM interview with the Bobo family . and when you do that you will see that there is 3 parts to the video .Thats how i saw it hope that helps ya..

Frogzilla
08-11-2011, 12:13 AM
Bobo family on Open Line Aug9 (2 part video) http://www.newschannel5.com/category/107465/openline?nav=menu374_9_5&redirected=true

Bobo family on JLM Aug4 (transcript)http://archives.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1108/04/ijvm.01.html

A few more tid bits of info being given out by the family on this show. KB is upset and frustrated over the interrogation of CB. KB does not understand why LE was working the case family first and not from the outside in. CB says that he heard a voice in the garage and it sounded like a younger male and he only saw camo man from the back. DB says they themselves have gotten lost in the woods while searching for HB, so he believes the abductor had to know the area well.
KB was at school in the detached cafeteria and the secretary told her that a neighbor did not want to alarm her but thought she heard screams coming from the house. KB went into the school and called home. KB calls 911, leaves the school and calls 911 again, then CB calls 911 after.

So I am still left somewhat puzzled by the phone calls and timeline around them. Some snippets from CB in the JVM interview------------------------------------------------------
C. BOBO: ......... They just looked like they were casually walking towards the woods. And it wasn`t until later they realized that my sister went to the woods in fear for her life. That she must have been threatened with a weapon.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: But you called your mom in between when you saw them in the garage and when they walked out into the woods? Why did you do that?

C. BOBO: I spoke with mom -- I spoke with mom initially to find out who the people -- I heard two voices outside our house and I called mom to try to find out who these people were outside our house. But I had no idea who they were.
VELEZ-MITCHELL: Ok so as you watched, it was a man inside the garage with your sister and then what happens?

C. BOBO: And then I got in touch with my mom and found out that Holly was supposed to be in school that morning and realized that that must have been her at the house and then I looked back out and saw Holly and a male walking towards the woods and that`s the last time I saw her.
VELEZ-MITCHELL: So you`re saying you were able to call your mom before they left the garage and after you called your mom you see them walking towards the woods?

C. BOBO: Right. And I told my mom that once I realized it was Holly, I said well, Holly and Drew which is her boyfriend were out in the garage talking.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So, is it safe to assume from this that the screams a neighbor heard came before CB called his mother, around or slightly before the time CB saw silhouettes in the garage and when he heard a strange voice of a younger male?
Another glaring question from all of this is if KB was told that screams were coming from around their house and KB had talked with CB before he saw HB and abductor walking away, then what happened next??

goldiegirl
08-11-2011, 12:16 AM
http://www.youtube.com/show?p=XnQQ4JD4wk8&tracker=show0

This page shows the JVM episodes that are available, but I don't see anything specifically about the Bobos. It may have been on the same date as one of these other subjects, but I don't have the time to look through them. Does anyone remember the date of the interview? The choices go up to August 4th.

cluciano63
08-11-2011, 12:21 AM

This page shows the JVM episodes that are available, but I don't see anything specifically about the Bobos. It may have been on the same date as one of these other subjects, but I don't have the time to look through them. Does anyone remember the date of the interview? The choices go up to August 4th.

I think it was Tuesday or Wednesday of last week? Which would be 4th or 5th? Someone posted a link to it here a few times...will see if I can find it.

JVM's FB page says it was Aug. 4th.

cluciano63
08-11-2011, 12:27 AM
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1108/04/ijvm.01.html

Here is the transcript from JVM show...it is the latter part, after the Warren Jeff portion...

CanManEh
08-11-2011, 12:35 AM

GOLDIEGIRL...Don't use any link you have youtube on your computer if not just google you tube and type it in..It dont even matter how u word it on you tube they will find it just use The Bobo's on Jane Valez Mitchell no links go to youtube ..

CanManEh
08-11-2011, 12:40 AM
The transcript is no good you need to see how JVM don't understand things not that clint cant be understood its JVM that dont understand it.. and your transcript dont show how jvm cuts them off all the time mid sentance nor will it show right after they say the rso dont fit the 6foot 200 pound build and then a pastor that is around 6 foot 200 pounds takes the dads spot in the chair...transcript isn't gonna do any of that so its not gonna give u a good representation if what u can see if you just go to you tube and type in the Bobo's interview with JVM.

Wonless
08-11-2011, 12:46 AM

1. IMO 15 to 20 minutes would not be enough time...

2. I agree

3. I agree

Wonless
08-11-2011, 12:53 AM

I'm suggesting that CB wouldn't have enough time to hide HB and plant the Lunch Bag and the "other" evidence before police arrived. I can't imagine that he would be able to find time to do it after..but then considering that the evidence was found a day or several days later...

goldiegirl
08-11-2011, 02:35 AM
GOLDIEGIRL...Don't use any link you have youtube on your computer if not just google you tube and type it in..It dont even matter how u word it on you tube they will find it just use The Bobo's on Jane Valez Mitchell no links go to youtube ..

I don't understand what this means. What I posted was what came up when I typed it into YouTube.

Chili Fries
08-11-2011, 05:11 AM
I don't understand what this means. What I posted was what came up when I typed it into YouTube.

Here is the only Youtube video of the family on JVM I've found. It's not the entire thing but I believe it's Clint's whole appearance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07sHVsHnKJs

Rallihanna
08-11-2011, 12:32 PM
this case just wears on me... nothing has been right about it since day 1 and the more information that comes out (not from LE) the worse I feel...

Kaybug
08-11-2011, 12:44 PM
this case just wears on me... nothing has been right about it since day 1 and the more information that comes out (not from LE) the worse I feel...

I agree 100% with nothing has been right since day 1. I have not paid much attention, but some, to information coming out. I've had my beliefs since day 1, just kind of waiting it out now to see who is charged and all.

JeannieC
08-11-2011, 01:08 PM
Y'all are way better at this technical stuff than I am, so I haven't contributed to the mapping projects and I'm probably wrong here and don't want to step on anyone's toes, but ... aren't they in Decatur County?

The Decatur Sheriff is working on the case so I thought she lived in Decatur. When I looked up Darden this what I got so now I am confused!

Darden is a community or populated place (Class Code U5) located in Henderson County at latitude 35.638 and longitude -88.217 (Darden Panoramio Photos). The elevation is 463 feet. Darden appears on the Parsons U.S. Geological Survey Map. Henderson County is in the Central time zone (GMT -6). Observes DST? Yes. Current Time. | Darden, TN ZIP Code Maps

cluciano63
08-11-2011, 02:03 PM
I agree 100% with nothing has been right since day 1. I have not paid much attention, but some, to information coming out. I've had my beliefs since day 1, just kind of waiting it out now to see who is charged and all.

You are a lot more optimistic than I am...I never expect missing people to be found or anyone to be charged anymore...it will come as a shock to me if it happens here, or in Lauren Spierer's case...or Kyron's, or Hailey's or Haleigh's...to name a few. I honestly don't think that, overall, LE knows what to do in cases when they cannot find the missing person. The exceptional cases where someone is charged later on without a body usually had some evidence of a crime scene, at least. Holly's case has that (signs of a struggle, blood) which is more than most, if they ever do find a suspect...so I suppose it is a "better" case than many others. But any DNA should have been back by now, so the most they could have, IMO, is DNA of a male with no one to match it to.

Just very disillusioned by this case...the reporting, the conflicting accounts, the lack of immediacy in getting into those woods after Holly, etc...

Carla Lashelle
08-11-2011, 03:23 PM
... at least. Holly's case has that (signs of a struggle, blood) which is more than most, if they ever do find a suspect...so I suppose it is a "better" case than many others. But any DNA should have been back by now, so the most they could have, IMO, is DNA of a male with no one to match it to.

Parents said its Holly's blood the other day on JVM

cluciano63
08-11-2011, 03:45 PM
Parents said its Holly's blood the other day on JVM

Right, I was thinking of DNA on an item they found, perhaps...

Prancy
08-11-2011, 05:46 PM
After watching portions of the JVM interview for the second time, I have some more questions. Upthread someone posted some facts about this case. I think they say that a neighbor heard a scream and called Holly's mom at work. Holly's mom then called home to check on kids. But that does not match with what brother says in the interview. He repeatedly says that he called his mom. Just curious. I think the difference in details matter in that situation.

Also, up thread someone posted an ariel view of the property. In the bottom it says that Holly and abductor walked upward on the map towards the tree portion. It looks like there is a road that goes in front of the house. So, if they walked in that direction, wouldn't they have had to cross the road before hitting the woods? Maybe, I'm not looking at it correctly. It just seems like you would say they walked towards the road, not towards the woods, if they would have arrived at the road first OR did they cross the road and then walk into the trees. I'm not following it based on that map.

R.U.Kidding!
08-11-2011, 06:20 PM
It should be noted when reading the below that

[You might be able to pick out some more info here:
http://casesignal.wordpress.com/2011/04/27/holly-bobo-timeline/

Casesignal is an excellent website. I noticed a few things of interest in reading through the transcripts, and wonder if there is some clarification on the following.

Reference was made to a neighbor hearing a scream around 7:40-thus the beginning timeline.

Question--if you look at the layout of the Bobo house and property, this is in the middle of Nowhere, How close are the neighbors, and if the neighbor heard a scream why wouldn't Clint have heard his sister scream.

Did anyone actually SEE Holly in the driveway, or are they assuming from the coke can and blood? :waitasec:

JeannieC
08-11-2011, 06:59 PM
Casesignal is an excellent website. I noticed a few things of interest in reading through the transcripts, and wonder if there is some clarification on the following.

Reference was made to a neighbor hearing a scream around 7:40-thus the beginning timeline.

Question--if you look at the layout of the Bobo house and property, this is in the middle of Nowhere, How close are the neighbors, and if the neighbor heard a scream why wouldn't Clint have heard his sister scream.

Did anyone actually SEE Holly in the driveway, or are they assuming from the coke can and blood? :waitasec:

Could the neighbor have heard the scream after HB was walked away from the house? The houses aren't close so would the neighbor have heard HB scream if she was still next to her own house?

With A/C running, TV, Radio something has to be really loud for me to hear it in my house. If HB was near the water it might have carried her scream. I hear things off the lake near where I live. The water carries the sound.

Just a thought.

wfgodot
08-11-2011, 07:02 PM
Given the paucity of known hard facts, anything could have happened.

Carla Lashelle
08-11-2011, 07:25 PM
Right, I was thinking of DNA on an item they found, perhaps...

There has been no mention of DNA on anything... so thats total speculation

MysteryAddict
08-11-2011, 07:27 PM
Question-

Was blood found both on the floor of the garage (carport) and also in the driveway along with a coke can?

cluciano63
08-11-2011, 07:35 PM
There has been no mention of DNA on anything... so thats total speculation

My point was, that unless they have that I am not seeing much more chance of this one being solved than any of the others I listed...I doubt they have his DNA. I think that would be the most they could have, and still have it be unsolvable.

oceanblueeyes
08-11-2011, 07:56 PM
You are a lot more optimistic than I am...I never expect missing people to be found or anyone to be charged anymore...it will come as a shock to me if it happens here, or in Lauren Spierer's case...or Kyron's, or Hailey's or Haleigh's...to name a few. I honestly don't think that, overall, LE knows what to do in cases when they cannot find the missing person. The exceptional cases where someone is charged later on without a body usually had some evidence of a crime scene, at least. Holly's case has that (signs of a struggle, blood) which is more than most, if they ever do find a suspect...so I suppose it is a "better" case than many others. But any DNA should have been back by now, so the most they could have, IMO, is DNA of a male with no one to match it to.

Just very disillusioned by this case...the reporting, the conflicting accounts, the lack of immediacy in getting into those woods after Holly, etc...

I don't find anything odd about Holly's case. Sadly it has become more of the norm than a rarity nowadays. She.... like Tara Grinstead is dead imo and so many others who were gone in the blink of an eye.

It is like looking for needle in a haystack. If the only DNA evidence left behind belongs to Holly that really doesn't help LE find her perpetrator and if they do have someone else's DNA as long as he is not in the data bank he will go undetected.

I pray that Holly is alive and I know her family hopes and prays for the same. But the odds are against her and she was probably raped and murdered shortly after she was abducted.

Maybe one day a hunter, fisherman or camper will discover her body if she is out in a wooded area somewhere and bring her home to her family.

IMO

oceanblueeyes
08-11-2011, 08:03 PM

It might be in the boonies but I have no doubt other people travel down that road.

If the neighbor was outside when she heard the scream it would be understandable. Noises carry much further in open spaces instead of hearing them inside an enclosed space when they were coming from outside.

Especially if Clnt was in the bathroom taking a shower.

IMO

cluciano63
08-11-2011, 08:07 PM
I don't find anything odd about Holly's case. Sadly it has become more of the norm than a rarity nowadays. She.... like Tara Grinstead is dead imo and so many others who were gone in the blink of an eye.

It is like looking for needle in a haystack. If the only DNA evidence left behind belongs to Holly that really doesn't help LE find her perpetrator and if they do have someone else's DNA as long as he is not in the data bank he will go undetected.

I pray that Holly is alive and I know her family hopes and prays for the same. But the odds are against her and she was probably raped and murdered shortly after she was abducted.

Maybe one day a hunter, fisherman or camper will discover her body if she is out in a wooded area somewhere and bring her home to her family.

IMO

I didn't say her case was odd, but it is unusual, since they have a witness to her being taken, and there are some signs of something having happened to her. That's all. Different from the other cases I mentioned, where there are no witnesses (that have come forward) and no signs of blood, struggle, etc.

Advocate1
08-11-2011, 10:09 PM
Hello Everyone-

I am new to WS as far as posting.
Holly's case brought me here and I have read every single post, lol.

I will catch up with today and then jump in :-)

MLE
08-11-2011, 10:13 PM
Maybe she was raped, strangled to death or killed in some other manner, and bundled up inside a tarp near the edge of the woods.

Perhaps a tarp could've been used for several reasons: so he could rape her and not get grass stains on his clothing, so his DNA wouldn't be left on the ground during a rape, or so he could bundle her up in the tarp to disguise her as he left with her (dead or alive), or to keep her skin cells inside the tarp in order to cause the tracking dogs to lose the trail.

Carla Lashelle
08-11-2011, 10:13 PM
Question-

Was blood found both on the floor of the garage (carport) and also in the driveway along with a coke can?

We know Clint said garage... But various other "sources" have said carport driveway and lawn... Take your pick!

Lovejac
08-11-2011, 10:54 PM
Hello Everyone-

I am new to WS as far as posting.
Holly's case brought me here and I have read every single post, lol.

I will catch up with today and then jump in :-)

:welcome4::greetings:

We LOVE new brains to pick! :seeya:

RavenTrue
08-12-2011, 01:14 AM
Holly and Gail Palmgren were lost in TN. I understand that the TBI keeps it very quiet, but am questioning their techniques as neither have been solved. Give US something! I think, and pray for them and families every day.

JeannieC
08-12-2011, 01:25 AM
Holly and Gail Palmgren were lost in TN. I understand that the TBI keeps it very quiet, but am questioning their techniques as neither have been solved. Give US something! I think, and pray for them and families every day.

I realize they don't want to give out too much information but for gosh sakes, "Throw the dog a bone"....:beagle:

RavenTrue
08-12-2011, 03:01 AM
Maybe she was raped, strangled to death or killed in some other manner, and bundled up inside a tarp near the edge of the woods.

Perhaps a tarp could've been used for several reasons: so he could rape her and not get grass stains on his clothing, so his DNA wouldn't be left on the ground during a rape, or so he could bundle her up in the tarp to disguise her as he left with her (dead or alive), or to keep her skin cells inside the tarp in order to cause the tracking dogs to lose the trail.

What the he!!? Well of course ANYthing is possible, and probable, WHY must you bring forth the WORST to light? OMG Have you actually READ about this case? I am offended. If you are not up to date with the facts of this case then I ask you to NOT use such awful, terrible terms pertaining to this with NO knowledge. Btw, what state are you from? My goodness!

Carla Lashelle
08-12-2011, 04:04 AM
What the he!!? Well of course ANYthing is possible, and probable, WHY must you bring forth the WORST to light? OMG Have you actually READ about this case? I am offended. If you are not up to date with the facts of this case then I ask you to NOT use such awful, terrible terms pertaining to this with NO knowledge. Btw, what state are you from? My goodness!

Aside from the blunt nature of the post, its not unreasonable to assume that this is not exactly what happened (more or less). I doubt that concealing a body in a tarp would deter a properly trained dog, though.

I assume Holly was probably assaulted and killed within a short time of her abduction. Sadly, thats how these kinds of crimes play out far too often.

Yes there are exceptions (Jaycee Dugard, Eliz Smart, etc.) but they are singleular exceptions compared to thousands who don't make it.

Carla Lashelle
08-12-2011, 04:09 AM
Okay here is something interesting...

Holly's mom has a new flyer... I read about this last nite. Oddly it mentions that Karen sent flyers to Mississippi. I wondered what that was all about, and was going to bring it up this morning. Now, this is from an NBC affiliate:

http://www.wsmv.com/story/15246532/holly-bobos-mom-tries-new-tactics-to-bring-daughter-home

Interestingly, there is a report here on a confessed serial killer being held in Mississippi who claims to have killed a girl recently in TN:

http://www.wapt.com/r/28827020/detail.html

Charles Krauss, age 51, has aparently confessed to various murders going back to the 80s. However, he has recanted some confessions, and cops have found at least 3 of his supposed victims are still alive. If he has killed people, he sounds kind of like Otis Toole (suspected in killing John Walsh's son, Adam) who had stories all over the place and was quite hard to pin down or believe.

JeannieC
08-12-2011, 05:42 AM
Serial Killer In Pearl, Mississippi?

Charles Krauss, also known as Tim Foster 51 years old

"He gave us information on disappearances of women that we have confirmed with these other agencies that were women still currently missing," Townsend said

He confessed to 11 murders or 9 (depends on the articel) than recanted. Seems strange. I've never known of a SK who confessed before being questioned. They arrested him for driving a stolen pick-up truck.

http://www2.wjtv.com/news/2011/aug/11/serial-killer-pearl-mississippi-ar-2262889/

http://www.kjrh.com/dpp/news/local_news/self-professed-serial-killer-arrested-in-mississippi

http://www.newson6.com/story/15244996/self-proclaimed-serial-killer-wanted-in-tulsa-womans-disappearance-arrested-in-mississippi

JeannieC
08-12-2011, 05:46 AM
http://kotv.images.worldnow.com/images/15244996_BG1.jpg

Charles Krauss, also known as Tim Foster 51 years old

He claims he killed 3 in Tulsa, OK, 3 in Knoxville, Tenn., one in Perry, Georgia, one in Indianapolis, IN, one in Athens, Georgia and made a conjecture about Dallas, Texas but LE is not sure about that.

JeannieC
08-12-2011, 05:58 AM
I wonder if he is for real or just picking the states where he knows girls are missing. High Profile cases that have been all over the news. I guess time will tell.

He might be crazy or wanting to be famous. If he is for real I hope and pray LE can prove it and if not I hope they prove that too. This will have a lot of families waiting to find out the truth.

Carla Lashelle
08-12-2011, 08:28 AM
Seemingly the Knoxville TN case is not true either

Police say self-professed serial killer's Knoxville claim is false
Posted: Aug 10, 2011 6:25 PM EDT
Updated: Aug 11, 2011 9:53 AM EDT

Charles Timothy Krauss (source: Tulsa, Oklahoma Police Department)
KNOXVILLE (WATE) - Investigators say a self-professed serial killer's claim that he killed a woman in Knoxville is false.

http://www.wate.com/story/15246143/police-say-self-professed-serial-killers-knoxville-claim-is-false?clienttype=printable

TxLady2
08-12-2011, 09:35 AM

There could have been a tarp used, but I highly doubt an abductor is going to be so careful to keep any DNA contained in a tarp and then leave a body near the edge of the woods where the person was last seen being led into. Or IF he was that stupid, I'm pretty sure the dogs would have found her body the very first day.

oceanblueeyes
08-12-2011, 10:40 AM

I honestly don't believe LE has anything to give us.

Many many cases remain unsolved .......sometimes for years or even decades or are never solved.

I don't think the TBI has anything to go on except they know that Holly was bleeding before her abduction which leads me to believe whomever got her is a ruthless violent person and most likely raped and murdered Holly and has hidden her remains somewhere out of the area of the abduction site.

Sad to say but there a so many missing persons cases all over the country that aren't ever resolved.

IMO

oceanblueeyes
08-12-2011, 10:43 AM
There could have been a tarp used, but I highly doubt an abductor is going to be so careful to keep any DNA contained in a tarp and then leave a body near the edge of the woods where the person was last seen being led into. Or IF he was that stupid, I'm pretty sure the dogs would have found her body the very first day.

I don't believe that Holly's remains are in the area she lived in. I think he took her away by force then raped and murdered her and has put her remains somewhere he knows the TBI will not look.

IMO

Carla Lashelle
08-12-2011, 10:44 AM
I don't believe that Holly's remains are in the area she lived in. I think he took her away by force then raped and murdered her and has put her remains somewhere he knows the TBI will not look.

IMO

Thats probably quite true... given the exhaustive searches in the immediate area around her home/community.

Prancy
08-12-2011, 10:56 AM
Are they any posters on these boards who live in the area where Holly vanished? I would really like to see video of the road that runs by her house.

From the map, it appears this is a very secluded area. It's not the type of situation where a criminal would just be riding along and say hey, I think I'll go into that house and see if there is a young, beautiful girl I can abduct. It just seems that the abductor had to know who she was and that house is where she lived. Would it be likely he knew her brother would be there? I don't know. Wouldn't someone who knew her brother was there be afraid that he would see the abduction, pull out a gun and shoot him or ID him?

That tells me that the stranger abduction theory is not likely due to the remote area and unlikely chance the stranger would know a young girl lives in that house.

The theory that it's someone who knows her very well is problematic, because if he did know that her brother would be there, he would have not taken the chance that her brother would shoot him or identify him.

I think I'm a little more confident that Holly will be found than most on this board. I think someone will slip up and tell where she is. Whether it's a teen who tells friends or parents, or caves in to police pressure. I do pray the family is able to lay her to rest.

Jade
08-12-2011, 10:58 AM
Okay here is something interesting...

Holly's mom has a new flyer... I read about this last nite. Oddly it mentions that Karen sent flyers to Mississippi. I wondered what that was all about, and was going to bring it up this morning. >>respectfully snipped

Because the abductor may have taken her to hide out along the Natchez Trace?

http://www.nps.gov/natr/index.htm

Maps:

http://www.nps.gov/natr/planyourvisit/parkway-maps.htm

imo

Carla Lashelle
08-12-2011, 11:08 AM
>>respectfully snipped

Because the abductor may have taken her to hide out along the Natchez Trace?

http://www.nps.gov/natr/index.htm

Maps:

http://www.nps.gov/natr/planyourvisit/parkway-maps.htm

imo

Oh possibly I think it was more of a direct correlation with the fact that they had this supposed confessed killer there. Mom could have sent fliers anywhere really but to me that was an odd coincidence.

Oriah
08-12-2011, 01:50 PM
Are they any posters on these boards who live in the area where Holly vanished? I would really like to see video of the road that runs by her house.

From the map, it appears this is a very secluded area. It's not the type of situation where a criminal would just be riding along and say hey, I think I'll go into that house and see if there is a young, beautiful girl I can abduct. It just seems that the abductor had to know who she was and that house is where she lived. Would it be likely he knew her brother would be there? I don't know. Wouldn't someone who knew her brother was there be afraid that he would see the abduction, pull out a gun and shoot him or ID him?

That tells me that the stranger abduction theory is not likely due to the remote area and unlikely chance the stranger would know a young girl lives in that house.

The theory that it's someone who knows her very well is problematic, because if he did know that her brother would be there, he would have not taken the chance that her brother would shoot him or identify him.

I think I'm a little more confident that Holly will be found than most on this board. I think someone will slip up and tell where she is. Whether it's a teen who tells friends or parents, or caves in to police pressure. I do pray the family is able to lay her to rest.

I don't live in the area Holly was kidnapped from, but am very familiar with it.
I believe there was some video posted earlier on Swan Johnson Rd, that was taken during a search. I'll see if I can dig it up for you.
It is a very typical paved rural road (although I suppose that depends on your idea of rural...)

concentric
08-12-2011, 02:07 PM
[QUOTE=Prancy;7019502]Are they any posters on these boards who live in the area where Holly vanished? I would really like to see video of the road that runs by her house.

From the map, it appears this is a very secluded area. It's not the type of situation where a criminal would just be riding along and say hey, I think I'll go into that house and see if there is a young, beautiful girl I can abduct.
--------------------------------
Secluded in the sense of being a "small town". However, the media and the internet have made everywhere a public place.

Carla Lashelle
08-12-2011, 02:23 PM
I seriously doubt this was some crime of opportunity... plus with searches around Holly's school, that implies LE suspects she was being watched. Just the fact that the driveway is so long makes it impossible to see around the back of the house, where things seem to have went down, from the street.

Yes the house is isolated. Sure people know about it now, but its not the kind of place you would find easily just passing through town (its out of town, for one).

Whoever did this knew the house and location based on observations.

mountainguy777
08-12-2011, 02:33 PM
Talking, kneeling, walking casually towards the woods not knowing if anyone is home or how many even live in the home which is is the boonies. Not a serial killer situation.

JeannieC
08-12-2011, 02:40 PM
I honestly don't believe LE has anything to give us.

Many many cases remain unsolved .......sometimes for years or even decades or are never solved.

I don't think the TBI has anything to go on except they know that Holly was bleeding before her abduction which leads me to believe whomever got her is a ruthless violent person and most likely raped and murdered Holly and has hidden her remains somewhere out of the area of the abduction site.

Sad to say but there a so many missing persons cases all over the country that aren't ever resolved.

IMO

You are absolutely right. Look at my signature. Tommy Sumerix and Ruth Guthrie unsolved since 1962 and there are so many before and since them. If Holly is deceased I just hope and pray someone finds her body.

All of us know that is a possibility and all of us hope she is found alive. That does happen so we all have HOPE even though those cases are rare, we still have HOPE!

Carla Lashelle
08-12-2011, 02:45 PM
Talking, kneeling, walking casually towards the woods not knowing if anyone is home or how many even live in the home which is is the boonies. Not a serial killer situation.

Well not really... serial killers come in all shapes and sizes. Dahmer, for example, worked on building relationships with at least one of his victims. Ted Bundy could be quite charming and IIRC got one of his victims to help him with something. We don't know if the suspect knew anyone else was home or not. If he had been watching the house perhaps he did know.

mountainguy777
08-12-2011, 02:51 PM
Well not really... serial killers come in all shapes and sizes. Dahmer, for example, worked on building relationships with at least one of his victims. Ted Bundy could be quite charming and IIRC got one of his victims to help him with something. We don't know if the suspect knew anyone else was home or not. If he had been watching the house perhaps he did know.

Yes, but I guess I was trying to say is serial killers like fast and clean with little chance of something unexpected. It sure seemed risky for an escape plan in the woods unless that's your area.

mountainguy777
08-12-2011, 02:53 PM
Its sure scary when you think about how many people are out there that simply want to kill other humans until they get caught. Yikes!

Carla Lashelle
08-12-2011, 02:56 PM
Yes, but I guess I was trying to say is serial killers like fast and clean with little chance of something unexpected. It sure seemed risky for an escape plan in the woods unless that's your area.

But this was pretty quick, and he did have an escape plan (IMHO) so it wasnt random. And actually if he had not been spotted by Clint he would have made an even cleaner clean getaway.

Sometimes there is a thrill to doing brazen things too. Knowing someone is right there... Could be part of this guy's kink

JeannieC
08-12-2011, 03:03 PM

I think you're right. A stalker, someone who knew her, would also be aware of her surroundings. Her coming and going. Could be someone she worked with or from a place she frequented. With all the wood surrounding her and the water he could have been watching for a long time and waiting for the right moment.

He would also have been aware of the hunting. Maybe he was a hunter. I think this person is local and known to the family or was at least known by Holly. jmo

Soul125
08-12-2011, 03:20 PM
I have been following this case closely since the beginning. If this was done by somebody outside the general area it sure seems like this is going to be a very tough case to crack. There is a very vague description of this person coupled with little evidence that we know of to lead LE in the right direction. Unless LE is hot on the trail and we just don't know it, it seems a lot like the Brittanee Drexel case.

Carla Lashelle
08-12-2011, 03:41 PM
I have been following this case closely since the beginning. If this was done by somebody outside the general area it sure seems like this is going to be a very tough case to crack. There is a very vague description of this person coupled with little evidence that we know of to lead LE in the right direction. Unless LE is hot on the trail and we just don't know it, it seems a lot like the Brittanee Drexel case.

The thing with Brittanee is the family suspects certain people and her mom has named names and pointed fingers... yet LE lacks any real legal proof to charge anyone with anything. I have a feeling the Lauren Spirer case is similar too... In both cases those girls were hanging out with people who were not good friends and someone knows something but isn't telling.

MysteryAddict
08-12-2011, 04:05 PM
Question-

Quoting my own question!

I couldn't get an answer to this question. No wonder we are so confused! You can't nail down one fact in this case!

BeanE
08-12-2011, 04:10 PM
Quoting my own question!

I couldn't get an answer to this question. No wonder we are so confused! You can't nail down one fact in this case!

We use colorforms and put the evidence wherever we want it! :floorlaugh:

Oriah
08-12-2011, 04:17 PM
We use colorforms and put the evidence wherever we want it! :floorlaugh:

We use magnetic :beagle: colorforms. They come in lots of colors and stick to metal.
:floorlaugh:

wfgodot
08-12-2011, 04:18 PM
Beware the Revenge of the Turducken, however.

Carla Lashelle
08-12-2011, 04:23 PM
Quoting my own question!

Depends on which account you read...

Clint said the blood was in the garage.

Clint has never addressed the driveway or a coke can in a direct interview

Various statements attributed to Clint but not directly quoting him say the blood was found in the garage, carport, lawn, and garage. The coke can appeared in one statement and was said to be next to Holly's car in the driveway, along with the blood.

We do not know for sure where Holly's car was parked but seemingly it was in the back of the house, not the driveway.

It really is sort of a mix n match crime. You can take your evidence and stick it down where ever you feel it fits best. Inside, outside, on the yard, in the oven with turkey... :banghead:

wfgodot
08-12-2011, 04:31 PM
Quoting my own question!

Re: Blood

See Thread 26, #762-72 for media references

Oriah
08-12-2011, 04:32 PM
Beware the Revenge of the Turducken, however.

wfgodot, that sounds like a very uncomfortable gastro-related illness. I hope we are not hit with the Turducken on any searches.

Will carry Imodium just in case.

Oriah
08-12-2011, 04:35 PM
Re: Blood

See Thread 26, #762-72 for media references

I've a question regarding the blood as well.

Might it have been diluted, or mixed with any other fluid?

wfgodot
08-12-2011, 04:35 PM
wfgodot, that sounds like a very uncomfortable gastro-related illness. I hope we are not hit with the Turducken on any searches.

Will carry Imodium just in case.

Only those suffering from the rare condition Turduckenus gluttonitus, as the ancient Romans referred to it, need fear.

Oriah
08-12-2011, 04:48 PM
Only those suffering from the rare condition Turduckenus gluttonitus, as the ancient Romans referred to it, need fear.

Good to know. Most of us do not suffer from this affliction (but it does flare in the Fall when carnivals and fairs are popular.)

Let's find Holly before then.

Where are you, beautiful girl?

Rallihanna
08-12-2011, 05:25 PM
IMO opinion there are people very close to this case that know exactly what happened to her.

Carla Lashelle
08-12-2011, 05:51 PM
I've a question regarding the blood as well.

Might it have been diluted, or mixed with any other fluid?

Your guess is as good as mine. Very little is known about the blood aside that it was found, it is Holly's, aparently, and that it seemingly is not a huge amount.

Carla Lashelle
08-12-2011, 05:56 PM
IMO opinion there are people very close to this case that know exactly what happened to her.

I wonder about that. If the family has any ideas, they have gone to great lengths to keep that a secret...

And LE is supposedly one piece of evidence away from solving this puzzle... but its been MONTHS now. If they know all about it, they seem to be holding it in too.

The fact that after 4 months that the family is now doing the interview circuit and making details known to the public that LE had not released indicates, to me, that LE is clueless past a certain point.

If I were in the family's position and had an idea about who did it, I would not waste my time with generic things like handing out flyers, going on tv with a very vague unclear story, and putting out such a general subject description that it could be one in a million people. There does not seem to be any "behind the scenes" action involving the parents, so I think that what you see is what you get so far.

Advocate1
08-12-2011, 05:58 PM
So it appears Clint and Mom remember that morning differently.
It also appears LE misunderstood Clint's statement he gave to them.
My question is why are the family not being upfront?
What is the pay off? How is it helping bring Holly home?
What kept the family silent for 10 weeks and what trumped that reason and made them come out guns blaring to the public? I have followed very close and although things dont add up some statements the family has gave are telling. IMO
Family says nothing for 10 weeks.
Family says ALOT after 10 weeks.
Families stories directly conflict eachothers and LE.
Clint looks like he is not being honest.
Family makes it a point to say many times that TBI is not sharing info with them.
Family releases new fliers with personal contact numbers and NO TBI number listed.
What happened at the 10 week mark between family and LE?

I found Dana's statement interesting. I will look for the link but it was at around the time they went andhe said something to the effect of "from now until we bring her home will be out searching"
Not a direct quote.

MLE
08-12-2011, 07:59 PM

Yes, I've read about the case and I'm hardly the first to bring up the possibility that she may have been abducted by a sexual predator and possibly killed. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if a large majority feel it's probable that she was raped and murdered.

I'm from Tennessee, and you shouldn't be offended. This isn't about you.

MLE
08-12-2011, 08:04 PM

The tarp would be used to conceal her body as he's riding away with it on his ATV or other vehicle, to hider her or create an alibi in the event of running into any possible witnesses, such as saying that whatever is in the tarp is whatever animal was in hunting season at the time.

cluciano63
08-12-2011, 08:06 PM
I think he had a regular vehicle parked nearby and beat it out of the area pretty quickly to do whatever it was he did...an ATV wasn't going to get him far and fast if in fact LE had responded with blazing speed and lighting flashing, IMO...

BeanE
08-12-2011, 08:17 PM
The tarp would be used to conceal her body as he's riding away with it on his ATV or other vehicle, to hider her or create an alibi in the event of running into any possible witnesses, such as saying that whatever is in the tarp is whatever animal was in hunting season at the time.

It was turkey hunting season. :turkey:

wfgodot
08-12-2011, 08:30 PM
It was turkey hunting season. :turkey:

At this point, that's the only thing I know for sure.

MLE
08-12-2011, 08:43 PM
I think he had a regular vehicle parked nearby and beat it out of the area pretty quickly to do whatever it was he did...an ATV wasn't going to get him far and fast if in fact LE had responded with blazing speed and lighting flashing, IMO...

Perhaps he parked a larger vehicle (truck, van, etc.) away from the house to distance his vehicle from the crime scene and used the ATV as the transportation unit between the Bobo house and his vehicle. If the perp has a van, he could've driven the ATV with Holly into the van, pulled the ramps up into the van, shut the doors, and driven off with people on the road having no clue that an ATV and a kidnap victim were even inside the van. The ATV wouldn't be the main vehicle, just a way to haul ass to and from the Bobo's without having to pull up into their driveway and leave out of their driveway.

cluciano63
08-12-2011, 08:46 PM
Apparently he could have landed a flying saucer and taken her off in that, for all anyone saw once her brother saw her walk into or toward the woods...

Carla Lashelle
08-12-2011, 08:47 PM

LE seems to have been sorta slug like. I was surprised though to find ATV's can go like 80 miles and are pretty quick. Still, I do not think he used one. Im not sure thre was a lot of off road/ back woods travel at all.

MLE
08-12-2011, 08:58 PM
If there were ATV tracks and law enforcement hasn't done it already, maybe it would be worthwhile to check local dealers, merchants on Ebay motors, and others who deal in ATV tires to see if anyone from Parsons/Darden bought a new set. If an ATV was used, the perp could've bought a new set of tires with a different tread pattern for the crime, and then put the original tires back on afterward.

Carla Lashelle
08-12-2011, 09:10 PM
If there were ATV tracks and law enforcement hasn't done it already, maybe it would be worthwhile to check local dealers, merchants on Ebay motors, and others who deal in ATV tires to see if anyone from Parsons/Darden bought a new set. If an ATV was used, the perp could've bought a new set of tires with a different tread pattern for the crime, and then put the original tires back on afterward.

LE and the family have both said they felt a vehicle was used. LE did ask locals to be suspicious of anyone washing a car, selling car or ATV tires, etc.

helpfindthemissing
08-12-2011, 10:46 PM
http://*****************/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474979888367

Very interesting possible spin on Story

A man claiming to be a serial killer is currently detained in a Mississippi jail. Meanwhile investigators in various states are looking into his claims of murdering at least two women. Out of the women he claims to have killed, he says one of them was in Knoxville, Tennessee. This creates an unsettling feeling for anyone who's been following any of the missing persons cases out of Tennessee including missing nursing student Holly Bobo. Could this man truly be a serial murderer of women, or is he delusional?

helpfindthemissing
08-12-2011, 10:55 PM

A man claiming to be a serial killer is currently detained in a Mississippi jail. Meanwhile investigators in various states are looking into his claims of murdering at least two women. Out of the women he claims to have killed, he says one of them was in Knoxville, Tennessee. This creates an unsettling feeling for anyone who's been following any of the missing persons cases out of Tennessee including missing nursing student Holly Bobo. Could this man truly be a serial murderer of women, or is he delusional?

Sorry I missed the link 2 pages back to similar story. Thats what I get for jumping ahead :(

Carla Lashelle
08-12-2011, 10:58 PM

If you back up a couple of pages here you will see this guys stories haven't panned out. The people he has claimed to have killed are still alive. I think he's an attention seeker...

helpfindthemissing
08-13-2011, 12:04 AM
Yeah I read that, again I am sorry I missed the page and though I was sharing new info. Got excited to see something with HB's name and a possible explanation. Sorry again, I will be more careful.

JeannieC
08-13-2011, 12:14 AM
Yeah I read that, again I am sorry I missed the page and though I was sharing new info. Got excited to see something with HB's name and a possible explanation. Sorry again, I will be more careful.

Not a problem...we all do it!

He makes me sick! Just when we think something great is happening and we're getting answers to several missing person cases we find it's some nut job giving false hope! Makes me so angry I feel like :pullhair:

CanManEh
08-13-2011, 12:27 AM
I hate to even bring this up again since i cant post the link and it apparently gave people some trouble to find . However in the JVM interview Jane asks the familly if thier is anything through the woods the way they headed and at the same time the mom says no but clint says yes theres a dirt road and the mom kind of gives him a strange look ..

Oriah
08-13-2011, 06:21 AM
Your guess is as good as mine. Very little is known about the blood aside that it was found, it is Holly's, aparently, and that it seemingly is not a huge amount.

The reason why I asked that, is because blood can come from several sources in a human body-and the aging of it, as well as if it is mixed with other scents- plays an important part in K9 scent work.

It also plays an important part in DNA analysis.

In other words, just because the blood has been identified as Holly's (although that has not been released by LE) it does not mean there is not DNA belonging to another person(s) mixed in as well.

Oriah
08-13-2011, 06:50 AM
At this point, that's the only thing I know for sure.

I know that for certain as well, wfgodot.

And it has me to wondering about the use of turkey calls. And also other triggers that cause shock gobbles- such as owls, hawks, etc.

I do wonder if the screams heard by the Bobo's neighbor might have been something along the lines of one of these.

~n/t~
08-13-2011, 07:00 AM
I know that for certain as well, wfgodot.

And it has me to wondering about the use of turkey calls. And also other triggers that cause shock gobbles- suck as owls, hawks, etc.

I do wonder if the screams heard by the Bobo's neighbor might have been something along the lines of one of these.

You make a good point but I would think someone from there would know the difference? Also, would turkey hunting start at 7:30 or very early morning? :twocents:

~n/t~
08-13-2011, 07:16 AM
I hate to even bring this up again since i cant post the link and it apparently gave people some trouble to find . However in the JVM interview Jane asks the familly if thier is anything through the woods the way they headed and at the same time the mom says no but clint says yes theres a dirt road and the mom kind of gives him a strange look ..

This is the only one I could find so far. Someone taping the episode so there is a child screaming in the background. LOL

Holly - YouTube

~n/t~
08-13-2011, 07:18 AM
Another one Levi Page discussing the case

HLN Prime News: Levi Page discussing Holly Bobo - YouTube

BeanE
08-13-2011, 07:29 AM
there is a child screaming in the background.

could be shock gobbles

Oriah
08-13-2011, 07:38 AM
You make a good point but I would think someone from there would know the difference? Also, would turkey hunting start at 7:30 or very early morning? :twocents:

Yes- turkey hunting is very popular in the early morning.

You'd be surprised at how human certain animals and animal calls can sound- even when one is accustomed to local wildlife.

Oriah
08-13-2011, 07:48 AM
LOL Bean, at the Caution!

I've been watching the hunting forums. ;)

Carla Lashelle
08-13-2011, 08:24 AM
The reason why I asked that, is because blood can come from several sources in a human body-and the aging of it, as well as if it is mixed with other scents- plays an important part in K9 scent work.

It also plays an important part in DNA analysis.

In other words, just because the blood has been identified as Holly's (although that has not been released by LE) it does not mean there is not DNA belonging to another person(s) mixed in as well.

Thats all true but we have so little to go on. We both have access (if you can call it that) to all that has ever been said about the blood.

The family said it was Holly's; no one has said anything about a mixed sample
We can assume the blood was fresh from that morning
There did not seem to be a lot of it based on all accounts

Oriah
08-13-2011, 09:11 AM
Thats all true but we have so little to go on. We both have access (if you can call it that) to all that has ever been said about the blood.

The family said it was Holly's; no one has said anything about a mixed sample
We can assume the blood was fresh from that morning
There did not seem to be a lot of it based on all accounts

A DNA analysis requires a comparison in order to identify.
There may not be a comparison for any other DNA in a sample- except to know that it is not DNA associated with the comparison used.
Doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

IMO, it's very important to note that a statement along the lines of "it was Holly's blood" does not rule out other characteristics of the blood identified.

Does that make sense?

JeannieC
08-13-2011, 11:29 AM
For those who didn't know there are a lot of different "Turkey Calls" . This site has a bunch of them. I listened but didn't hear one that sounded like a person screaming. Maybe, you will.

http://www.nwtf.org/all_about_turkeys/calling_tips.html

Hunting is legal an hour before sunrise and until sundown in Tenn.

TxLady2
08-13-2011, 11:51 AM
Perhaps he parked a larger vehicle (truck, van, etc.) away from the house to distance his vehicle from the crime scene and used the ATV as the transportation unit between the Bobo house and his vehicle. If the perp has a van, he could've driven the ATV with Holly into the van, pulled the ramps up into the van, shut the doors, and driven off with people on the road having no clue that an ATV and a kidnap victim were even inside the van. The ATV wouldn't be the main vehicle, just a way to haul ass to and from the Bobo's without having to pull up into their driveway and leave out of their driveway.

From the little I know, ATV's are pretty loud, they can be heard from a distance, not sure how far, but surely Clint would have heard one being driven or started up when he went outside after he saw them heading into the woods. Depending on how far the tree line is from the house, I would think he could have even heard a van or other vehicle starting up, unless he didn't go outside right away. And if that's the case, I'm curious why he took the time to call his mom instead of running outside to see what was going on and who was leading his sister into the woods.
I know all this has been discussed before but... it's frustrating!

OldSteve
08-13-2011, 12:37 PM
Just checking to see if anything new on the 4-month mark... sadly, no....
http://www.newschannel5.com/story/15259323/vigil-planned-on-4-month-mark-of-holly-bobo-disappearance