PDA

View Full Version : TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #28

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

JeannieC
09-14-2011, 01:48 PM
Has anyone ascertained the duties of the Preacher/sheriff when acting on behalf of LE? I lived in a small town where people worked as part time LE. There might have been some preachers. I don't know. They were not "regular" law enforcement officers.

There duties involved handling traffic around wrecks, construction zones, fires, and emergency situations, serving warrants and running back and forth delivering papers to the court house. Never did it involve arrests or investigating.

mountainguy777
09-14-2011, 03:34 PM
No rumors coming out of the town in the Celina Cass case either. Small town too. Is there a religious cult there too?

I don't follow that case. Do the parents do interviews with a preacher sitting close by too?

SmoothOperator
09-14-2011, 05:24 PM
So, the "Clint was not normally at home at the time of the abduction" is just another of the many details that we have heard, even spoken by mom at some point but absolutely nothing stated, confirmed, or even further explained about what if true would indeed be a significant detail.. Wish we ATLEAST knew why Karen made this statement to begin with?!?!

plaidmom
09-14-2011, 05:53 PM
http://www.newschannel5.com/category/107465/openline?nav=menu374_9_5&redirected=true
In the Openline interview, at 4:40 into part one of the videos, the interviewer states that CB was not suppose to be home and CB agrees, he then clams up a little and the interviewer leads him into talking about his relationship to his sister.

Thanks for posting that! I had not seen that interview (plus I got some great home improvement tips to boot, LOL, then I discovered the Bobo family interview on page 2).

I liked the caller on the second video at minute 9:30. Retired LE perhaps? Speaking of CB he says:
"He has guilt that he should have done more" He came about as close as one could to saying "Son, why in the heck did you not OPEN the gosh danged door?", while still remaining victim friendly. That was genius. :D

~n/t~
09-14-2011, 05:57 PM
Survivor starts tonight. Can't wait. :sick:

concentric
09-14-2011, 06:32 PM
GOOD FIND!

This may or may not be connected. Holly was reported missing Apr 13 and he was reported missing Apr 14.

We need to map where he traveled from and was headed to as well as where he was found. Would love to know where his car was found.

His story was made up so tha's a red flag to me.

Wish we could get more info on him.
------------------
Thanks, I'll take credit for making a GOOD FIND, because it was me who first noticed the coincidental dates and odd occurrences of this incident and began posting all articles available, and commenting about it starting on Thread #16, in APRIL!

I mentioned it once again here on this thread, repetitiously, because I HOPE THAT LE has looked into it and eliminated any connection to the Holly Bobo disappearance, because we have never heard the final disposition of what happened with this guy!

~n/t~
09-14-2011, 06:37 PM
http://www.newschannel5.com/category/107465/openline?nav=menu374_9_5&redirected=true
In the Openline interview, at 4:40 into part one of the videos, the interviewer states that CB was not suppose to be home and CB agrees, he then clams up a little and the interviewer leads him into talking about his relationship to his sister.

Very bizarre that there are conflicting reports regarding such a simple fact. The only thing I can think of is the family making that up so the public wouldn't look at CB in a bad light. In other words, he wasn't suppose to be there so he couldn't have known Holly was suppose to be at school hence the delay in calling 911? Also, he mentions the perp as sounding young. WTH? Did he have a conversation with him? How could he have heard anything from inside the house? He didn't hear Holly's scream.

Anybody else notice KB looking down everytime CB is asked a question?

OK there is definitely more to this than the family is willing to say. IMO, CB saw and heard a lot more than what's being revealed and again, I ask where is DS in all of this? The reporter asks CB and he says ya they were friends.

hmmmm

Plumeria5
09-14-2011, 07:11 PM
Very bizarre that there are conflicting reports regarding such a simple fact. The only thing I can think of is the family making that up so the public wouldn't look at CB in a bad light. In other words, he wasn't suppose to be there so he couldn't have known Holly was suppose to be at school hence the delay in calling 911? Also, he mentions the perp as sounding young. WTH? Did he have a conversation with him? How could he have heard anything from inside the house? He didn't hear Holly's scream.

Anybody else notice KB looking down everytime CB is asked a question?

OK there is definitely more to this than the family is willing to say. IMO, CB saw and heard a lot more than what's being revealed and again, I ask where is DS in all of this? The reporter asks CB and he says ya they were friends.

hmmmm

Who is DS?

~n/t~
09-14-2011, 07:15 PM
Who is DS?

Holly's bf. Drew Scott.

Plumeria5
09-14-2011, 07:23 PM
Holly's bf. Drew Scott.

Of course! Sorry! I went brain dead for a moment!!:banghead:

R.U.Kidding!
09-14-2011, 07:29 PM
Anybody else notice KB looking down everytime CB is asked a quest

N/T,

I can't believe you noticed that. KB just looked down or straight AHEAD, never looking at Clint when he answered. I remembered doing that same kind of forward stare when my stepson was questioned. He and I were arguing about something I believed he did, and when his father confronted him about it--I just looked straight ahead, I guess because I didn't want him to think I told his father about our argument (which I hadn't), and I also was holding my breath waiting for his response (like the truth).

So for me KB also seemed like she was hoping for some admission, and had already been confronting him about it. So she was hoping JVM would push him for answers--Dana Bobo reacted the same as KB, both never looked at Clint, just straight ahead or down.

Frankly that behavior by his parents was what convinced me something was very wrong --that and the minister getting rid of Dana Bobo to stop JVM from asking any further questions---MOO:twocents:

nosyone
09-14-2011, 07:29 PM

Thank you for posting this video of the Bobo interview, I had not seen it. My first impression was how defensive KB was! She really seemed to have a chip on her shoulder. When the interviewer first questioned CB, I felt so sorry for her because he just left her hanging with dead airtime to fill. I realize that there are many things the Bobos can't say but the things that they were allowed to say were not things that I would have expected.

SmoothOperator
09-14-2011, 07:42 PM
ITA!! There is sooooo much more to this than what we know.. Karen's nerves go into overdrive when CB is questioned or even speaks.. A definite change in her demeanor and something I've noticed more than once.. I want to say that I do not believe that Clint harmed Holly.. But for whatever reasons they are fabricating what happened that morning, and that of course has Clint being in the main hot seat left to be able to tell the story of what happened that morning!! And thus due to that story not being the truth of what happened it comes out as a jumbled, nonsensical mess.. Mom I believe realizes this and cringes each time Clint speaks because she knows that the consensus comes to the conclusion that Clint is lying and it's due to his being guilty.. Mom realizes that ppl think this way and therefor her nerves go into overdrive with each question asked of him, and each time he speaks publicly.. She knows Clint didn't hurt Holly and knows the truth of why it is that they are being forced to lie about the events of that morning.. But for whatever reasons are left having to stick with these lies and are unable to tell the truth of what happened that day..

What can it be that would force this family to have to live this additional hell on top of the already hell of having Holly abducted.. The hell of having to live thru the intense scrutiny due to lies that are having to be told of that mornings events!! What could it be that is forcing this family to have to live thru this hellish additional stress of keeping up and continuing with lies and fabricated events of that morning!!

There is so much more of what really happened that we havent a clue of.. What or who is the protected ?? What is at the heart of this case and is really the truth of what's taken place??

nosyone
09-14-2011, 08:13 PM
ITA!! There is sooooo much more to this than what we know.. Karen's nerves go into overdrive when CB is questioned or even speaks.. A definite change in her demeanor and something I've noticed more than once.. I want to say that I do not believe that Clint harmed Holly.. But for whatever reasons they are fabricating what happened that morning, and that of course has Clint being in the main hot seat left to be able to tell the story of what happened that morning!! And thus due to that story not being the truth of what happened it comes out as a jumbled, nonsensical mess.. Mom I believe realizes this and cringes each time Clint speaks because she knows that the consensus comes to the conclusion that Clint is lying and it's due to his being guilty.. Mom realizes that ppl think this way and therefor her nerves go into overdrive with each question asked of him, and each time he speaks publicly.. She knows Clint didn't hurt Holly and knows the truth of why it is that they are being forced to lie about the events of that morning.. But for whatever reasons are left having to stick with these lies and are unable to tell the truth of what happened that day..

What can it be that would force this family to have to live this additional hell on top of the already hell of having Holly abducted.. The hell of having to live thru the intense scrutiny due to lies that are having to be told of that mornings events!! What could it be that is forcing this family to have to live thru this hellish additional stress of keeping up and continuing with lies and fabricated events of that morning!!

There is so much more of what really happened that we havent a clue of.. What or who is the protected ?? What is at the heart of this case and is really the truth of what's taken place??

After reading your post, the thought occurred to me that maybe the person they are protecting is Holly herself. What if she wasn't abducted at all, but left willingly with someone. That would explain a whole lot of things, like the silence of LE, the obvious lies they have been fabricating, etc.. I am probably making a stab in the dark, but I KNOW something is known by that family that they don't want the public to know.

cluciano63
09-14-2011, 08:15 PM
I honestly don't believe they are holding back info; I DO believe that Holly's mother is very defensive about Clint and resents questions being put to him, for fear of making him look bad. But I am not seeing all of the other "tells" that many of you are seeing. I don't get the feeling at all that the mother is holding back on letting out info, I think she is as devoid of info as we are.

plaidmom
09-14-2011, 08:40 PM
I see odd behavior from the mother as many others do, but I'm not sure what to ascribe it to.

I wonder if we each project a bit of ourselves onto her? I think I do.

Because I see a holding back too, but possibly a holding back of anger. Because, honestly, if CB was my son, I would be, on a visceral level, angry with him. Very very angry.

But of course, the family has to provide a happy and united front for the media. That would be hard.

~n/t~
09-14-2011, 08:50 PM
I see odd behavior from the mother as many others do, but I'm not sure what to ascribe it to.

I wonder if we each project a bit of ourselves onto her? I think I do.

Because I see a holding back too, but possibly a holding back of anger. Because, honestly, if CB was my son, I would be, on a visceral level, angry with him. Very very angry.

But of course, the family has to provide a happy and united front for the media. That would be hard.

I don't see anger. I see fear and uneasiness. I don't see that with the dad though

plaidmom
09-14-2011, 09:02 PM
I don't see anger. I see fear and uneasiness. I don't see that with the dad though

So, what do you see with the dad?

I need to go back and watch. Funny how, as a mom myself, I pay waaaay more attention to the mom.

Also, the other thing I found interesting about this particular interview was that the host commented, near the end of part 2, of the family's need to talk about things and be honest with each other. What did you all think of that?

Do you think they will or would ever take the caller's advice and seek professional help?

~n/t~
09-14-2011, 09:03 PM
I honestly don't believe they are holding back info; I DO believe that Holly's mother is very defensive about Clint and resents questions being put to him, for fear of making him look bad. But I am not seeing all of the other "tells" that many of you are seeing. I don't get the feeling at all that the mother is holding back on letting out info, I think she is as devoid of info as we are.

CB admitted in that interview that he can't give more information so of course they're holding back info.

What's interesting, however is every interview something new is revealed or changed. I always thought CB was supposed to be there but it turns out he wasn't. I think that could be a very important clue as to what may have happened to Holly. Perhaps it was a home invasion that was thwarted because CB was home and/or if Holly was the intended target, maybe the perp hadn't planned on taking her but he had no choice because CB may have seen him.

Why do I get a sick feeling that CB knows who it is but he can't or won't say?

I think the call to his mom is another big clue.

SmoothOperator
09-14-2011, 09:04 PM
Cluciano, I agree with you that the mother, Karen is devoid of answers as to where Holly is or if she is dead or alive. *I believe that 100% that Karen does not have any information about Holly's whereabouts or her well being.. Nothing whatsoever..

But as for Karen Bobo being fully aware of the true circumstances that occurred that morning of April 13th at her very own residence while she was at school as if it were any other normal weekday.. Those events that occurred within that small window of time that morning(a window of time that IMO we do not even have an actual true timeline of events only that 911 was contacted a some point a little shy of 8am that morning and have a neighbor(and/or their son having heard what is thought to be Holly's screams a few minutes prior to the 911 being contacted).. Other than that I feel that we, the public haven't a clue as to what really happened at the Bobo's residence, on their very own property when Holly was abducted and last seen.. IMO there is a whole lot more to what occurred that morning, at the very least that their are major details that have been purposely omitted from the true acct of the events as they occurred that morning.. That, IMO, is why this Young man has such an extremely difficult time and has been unable to relay the details of that morning with any semblance of how the events occurred.. *Due to those details that he is relaying are not accurate or true and therefor naturally are much more difficult to keep in order in his mind and are unable to relay with any consistence whatsoever..

*It is the events that have been omitted and or drastically changed from what actually occurred on the Bobo property that IMO Karen Bobo knows and has knowledge of.. And is what adds the stress she obviously feels everytime her son has to attempt to keep those details straight and remember how and what he is supposed to say and what he is not supposed to ever reveal publicly..*

That is what I believe that Karen Bobo knows and has knowledge of, as well as Dana, and Clint , and others.. How far, how deep I do not know nor do I know the motive of why the events of that morning have been drastically changed and even omitted and remain important to not be brought to the public's knowledge.. That is what has to be found out IMO before any of us ever have a chance of knowing what happened to Holly the morning of April 13th..

But as for Karen having knowledge of the whereabouts or well being of her daughter.. I believe she is clueless.. I believe that a momma who knew, and with the amount of time that's passed.. Nothing could stop or hold back a momma from going to wherever it is that she had knowledge of her daughter being!!! Hell nor high water could hold her back!! IMO she has not a clue where Holly is and prays desperately everyday that God still protect and keep her baby alive wherever she is...

cluciano63
09-14-2011, 09:45 PM
Well, if the family knows something, they may be ahead of LE, as I am of the belief that LE knows nothing...I am not on board with the theory that a prominent family is involved, or whatever, and that they are being protected. Maybe LE did not get the real story from Clint Bobo, I don't know. But I don't think there is anything to go on in this case, as it stands. JMO

SmoothOperator
09-14-2011, 10:19 PM
plaidmom, I, too have pondered on the anger that IMO one would naturally have a level of anger toward one of your adult children.. "if" things actually played out how they've relayed them to.. As in Clint literally having visual of Holly and whoever, even if he did believe it to be Drew all the more reason for him to have opened the door and walked out there.. It doesn't make sense to me as in the way it is told is that the reason that Clint did not walk out to the garage when he could see 2 silhouettes and hear voices(originally stated to have been raised voices possibly arguing).. It is described as tho the reason he calls mom is because he does not know who it is and so he calls her to see if there's someone that's supposed to be there or if mom knows who it possibly is.. Meaning IMO that it was fear that kept Clint from exiting out of the house and making his way toward where the two ppl were in the garage.. What level of fear.. Who knows but from the way it is described it is due to his not knowing who the two ppl were is what kept him from going out there and prompted him to make the call to mom..

So, if that were the case, as they've described it to be then when he visually saw the two emerge from the garage and are walking causally towards the woods.. His fears would have been completely quelled with him now positively identifying it to infact be his sister, Holly and her bf, Drew.. Why then at that point if this is truly how it occurred would Clint not then swing open the door and say hey guys! WTH are y'all doing? Holly, I just talked to mom and she says you were supposed have been at school already taking a big test? What are y'all doing???

The fear would no longer be present.. Not that the fear was ever great but moreso just unsure of who it was and didn't feel comfortable venturing out on his own to find out who it was he saw and heard in the garage.. But after talking with mom and learning it's Holly and likely Drew.. AFTER LEARNING THIS FROM MOM HE THEN SAYS THAT IS WHEN HE SAW THE TWO EMERGE FROM THE GARAGE!!! Fear immediately dissipates!! It's his sister and just as he says he sees with who he believes to be her boyfriend, Drew.. IMO with it occurring the way they have described ^above^.. I, as a mother would have a very real and deep seeded resentment and anger at my son's not having walked out to see what was going on with his sister and bf.. With any slight amount of fear that he had while they were in the garage and unknown who they were to Clint, upon his call to mom, and by the time he sees the two of them walking towards the woods there would have been nothing WHATSOEVER that would have him hesitate to open the door or step out and speak to his sister and her bf, who from Clints description gave zero indication of anything being "wrong" as they casually walked towards the woods..

So, I agree plaidmom, that if the scenario that they are telling to us, the public that occurred that morning.. If those events are accurate and true I believe that a mother would naturally struggle with some very real anger and resentment with one's adult son.. Whom from the account as we know it to be has no excuse, nor reason for not having opened the door and if not have walked out to Holly and who he believed to be Drew, then to ATLEAST have opened the door and as I said earlier him ask what the hell they're out there doing?? And that he'd spoke to mom and she says your supposed to be in class taking a big test, Holly!! So what are y'all doing out here?

I agree 100% this would be natural for one or both parents to have some level of anger and resentment for the lack of doing anything at all by their adult son.. ** Again that's if things occurred exactly as they are claiming that it did, as I just described ^above^.. Jmo, tho!!

JeannieC
09-14-2011, 10:35 PM
I don't follow that case. Do the parents do interviews with a preacher sitting close by too?

No, they haven't done any interviews at all.

JeannieC
09-14-2011, 10:40 PM
------------------
Thanks, I'll take credit for making a GOOD FIND, because it was me who first noticed the coincidental dates and odd occurrences of this incident and began posting all articles available, and commenting about it starting on Thread #16, in APRIL!

I mentioned it once again here on this thread, repetitiously, because I HOPE THAT LE has looked into it and eliminated any connection to the Holly Bobo disappearance, because we have never heard the final disposition of what happened with this guy!

My apology. Didn't mean to give credit to the wrong person. GOOD FIND! It seems very curious to say the least. I have looked unsuccessfully and can't find anything on this either. I think it could be relative.

CocoChanel
09-14-2011, 11:27 PM
I have followed this perplexing case with you all since the beginning. It is sometimes so hard to keep up with the discussion when so many thoughts and ideas are being shared. The sheer volume of posts is amazing, and so great, but daunting to digest it all.

I am encouraged that we seem to have a bit more freedom to talk about the inconsistencies we have seen. I appreciate that. I totally agree that something is behind curtain #3 that we are being kept from knowing. At the risk of sounding totally wacko, I have wondered about a scenario similar to the fairy tale Rumpelstiltskin. In that story, a strange man did a favor for a young woman, and in return, she promised him her first born child. The woman was heartbroken when years later Rumpelstiltskin returned to claim his repayment. In this case, I could imagine some sort of debt that needed to be paid by this family. I wonder if the morning of the abduction the Bobos knew immediately what had happened because it was something they had feared would come to pass for awhile, something that had been hanging over their heads but hoped would never come to fruition.

This is all 100% pure speculation on my part. And I have no specific details to plug in to make this fit. Just trying to find some sense in a senseless situation. I guess that's what we are all trying to do here. Otherwise we are left with random chaotic nonsense! :maddening:

JeannieC
09-14-2011, 11:35 PM

HB's mother and brother did an interview and had their preacher with them. HB's father wasn't there. I think he was on for moral support others think differently.

Hippy Chick
09-15-2011, 02:40 AM
I don't think this family is being truthful about everything that happened that day. That being said if they are not telling the truth why get on TV with this elaborate farce. Why not just keep silent as they had done since it happened? Thats so strange

JeannieC
09-15-2011, 03:08 AM
I might stand alone but I believe they are telling the truth. I believe CB feels guilty because he didn't protect his sister but past that I don't believe he has lied. The people doing the interviews have never done a good interview. Never asked more than one question without interrupting and didn't asked further questions for a better explanation.

I would be a nervous wreck in front of a camera and so would most people. The fact is, Holly was abducted and might be dead. Based on statics, she probably is dead.

I feel for the Bobo's. Just imagine if it were your daughter.

Just like everyone else, I don't know who abducted her, whether a stranger or someone she met, or someone she was friends with. I only hope and pray LE knows a lot more than we do and can either find her alive or recover her remains.

MOO

cluciano63
09-15-2011, 03:34 AM
I might stand alone but I believe they are telling the truth. I believe CB feels guilty because he didn't protect his sister but past that I don't believe he has lied. The people doing the interviews have never done a good interview. Never asked more than one question without interrupting and didn't asked further questions for a better explanation.

I would be a nervous wreck in front of a camera and so would most people. The fact is, Holly was abducted and might be dead. Based on statics, she probably is dead.

I feel for the Bobo's. Just imagine if it were your daughter.

Just like everyone else, I don't know who abducted her, whether a stranger or someone she met, or someone she was friends with. I only hope and pray LE knows a lot more than we do and can either find her alive or recover her remains.

MOO

I agree in that I also do not think the family has any idea what happened to Holly. I think Clint feels a great deal of guilt for reacting the way he did, even though there was really no reason for him to be alarmed, in my opinion, when he did not hear any loud voices or see any violence taking place. I think he really did assume it was Drew out there. No matter how close any family is, they wouldn't be aware of every person Holly knew from school or from other social situations, she may have known the person, but Clint didn't, i.e. I think her mother resents implications against Clint but is probably also secretly frustrated that he did not step in to see what was happening.

I'm still not clear where Holly was when he did talk to his mother; had she already gone into the woods? Or was he watching her while he talked on the phone? None of that is clear...it seems like Mom said she called Clint, not that he called her.

JeannieC
09-15-2011, 03:51 AM
I agree in that I also do not think the family has any idea what happened to Holly. I think Clint feels a great deal of guilt for reacting the way he did, even though there was really no reason for him to be alarmed, in my opinion, when he did not hear any loud voices or see any violence taking place. I think he really did assume it was Drew out there. No matter how close any family is, they wouldn't be aware of every person Holly knew from school or from other social situations, she may have known the person, but Clint didn't, i.e. I think her mother resents implications against Clint but is probably also secretly frustrated that he did not step in to see what was happening.

I'm still not clear where Holly was when he did talk to his mother; had she already gone into the woods? Or was he watching her while he talked on the phone? None of that is clear...it seems like Mom said she called Clint, not that he called her.

I know there are some things that are confusing but since we can't see the house or the windows its hard to imagine exactly what happened. I just hope the catch the person responsible and bring the to trial.

I hope they locate her body if she is deceased or her. I honestly don't believe she is still alive but it is possible.

I do wonder about that guy from NC. That is very strange and I'm not wanting to accuse anyone but it is strange. He could have seen her on TV or in the papers with her cousin and found out where she lived. Might have contacted her through FB.

Might have visited the area or one of the churches since he was going to Bible College in Raleigh. I'm not saying her abduction had anything to do with religion. Just that his behavior is very strange. imo

The only thing that doesn't fit is the camo. I can't imagine him having camo unless he went out and got a full camo. jmo

JeannieC
09-15-2011, 03:58 AM
------------------

NC COURT CALENDAR. You can look up the court date on him.

http://www1.aoc.state.nc.us/www/calendars/CriminalQuery.html

concentric
09-15-2011, 09:20 AM
I posted this article in April-May, somewhere around in there because I wanted to find out if Holly could have been put into someone's sights at a church camp or retreat, for example, and found this:

http://www.tnbaptist.org/BRARticle.asp?ID=3804

Through Corinth Baptist Bobo participated in Super Summer, a Tennessee Baptist Convention camp for teens, and a church missions trip to Mississippi to help people with special needs enjoy a camp.

concentric
09-15-2011, 09:55 AM
When I first posted the news article regarding someone reported missing, the day after Holly goes missing, then a week later, running out of the woods at Smoky Mountain National Park going up to strangers screaming he had been drugged and abducted by 3 men and escaped, but it was later determined that he lied apparently, this is one of the first responses I get:

So maybe he didn't want to go to Bible college?

OldSteve
09-15-2011, 01:31 PM
I posted this article in April-May, somewhere around in there because I wanted to find out if Holly could have been put into someone's sights at a church camp or retreat, for example, and found this:

http://www.tnbaptist.org/BRARticle.asp?ID=3804

Through Corinth Baptist Bobo participated in Super Summer, a Tennessee Baptist Convention camp for teens, and a church missions trip to Mississippi to help people with special needs enjoy a camp.

I remember you posting about this - and this shows that while many focus on all the little details surrounding Clint's actions that morning - there is a much larger picture we don't really know much about in terms of any and all places and people Holly was in contact with of seen by in the months, year prior to her being taken.

ETA: So what is your theory concentric about what happened?

Prancy
09-15-2011, 02:20 PM
I don't think this family is being truthful about everything that happened that day. That being said if they are not telling the truth why get on TV with this elaborate farce. Why not just keep silent as they had done since it happened? Thats so strange

I have my theory of why, but I'm not allowed to post it here. I have no proof, so, I'll just keep it to myself. Maybe in time, things will come out. I'm sure there are others here who have similar feelings. Of course, you never know.

JeannieC
09-15-2011, 04:20 PM
When I first posted the news article regarding someone reported missing, the day after Holly goes missing, then a week later, running out of the woods at Smoky Mountain National Park going up to strangers screaming he had been drugged and abducted by 3 men and escaped, but it was later determined that he lied apparently, this is one of the first responses I get:

Funny but not productive......(I'm quilty of that at times too....)

I think this is important information. I should have gone back and read all the posts when I joined but I admit there were so many that I skipped most of them.

You have my attention. I wonder what else we can learn about this. It just reeks of something more than a BC drop out, imo

SmoothOperator
09-15-2011, 04:55 PM
Re:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanManEh
I think that all the BoBo;s and the Le are all in on it the singer too...

Regarding the ^above^ post and whether it is joking or serious.. I believe(but of course could be completely wrong.. So please do correct me if I'm mistaken).. But I believe what is possibly meant by this post is NOT that all of those named ^above^ are "in on" Holly's actual abduction and are responsible in some way for her no longer being here.. I read it to be more along the lines similar to what the discussion was when the post was made and that was that several of us felt that there are many that are involved in this "case"(not the actual abduction).. But the involved in the case in general(including possibly family as well as LE) and that they are "involved" in knowing the true and accurate events as they actually occurred that morning of April 13th.. And that they are aware that due to somehow protecting the case, or even Holly, herself they are not publicly acknowledging or speaking about what truly happened that morning.. I think possibly thats more what was being expressed in this particular post(again, CanManEh if I'm incorrect or mistaken please dont hesitate to correct me)..

My thoughts are that I believe this is "possible".. Not saying at all that I'm certain and know for a fact that the family and/or LE are lying, omitting, editing greatly the events of that morning.. But rather do believe it's possible and would fit with many of the details that no one can make fit, make sense at all, and are extremely contradictory and inconsistent.. "if" this is happening I believe most likely that it would be all of these players that are "in on" this heavily edited and/or fabricated events of that morning, LE included and that they feel they have very good reason to have taken this path and feel it necessary that the public not know many of the events of that morning.. What those reasons or motives are I am not clear on yet.. I do have some ideas but am waiting and hoping we will see something come to light(purposefully or not) that sometime in the near future something relatively "small" come to light, but could infact be something that will lend credence one way or another on what's happened and is happening in Holly's case..

** I just want to reiterate that when I say I believe it's possible all involved including LE are heavily editing and omitting the accurate events of that morning.. I am not meaning In an unlawful or nefarious way, but rather just the opposite.. That they've concluded it to be necessary to with hold these events from public knowledge to benefit Holly and/or her case..

These are nothing more than my opinions, tho..

R.U.Kidding!
09-15-2011, 06:01 PM
** I just want to reiterate that when I say I believe it's possible all involved including LE are heavily editing and omitting the accurate events of that morning.. I am not meaning In an unlawful or nefarious way, but rather just the opposite.. That they've concluded it to be necessary to with hold these events from public knowledge to benefit Holly and/or her case..

I would say I am one of those in this camp. I also believe, as OldSteve posted ,there may be many prior circumstances in the life of the Bobo's that may have culminated in the events of April 13th. We are not privy to any of this, nor should we be. Unfortunately, I feel, this makes the task of making sense of this case very difficult.

This case is just beyond my comprehension---then again ----it doesn't take much:crazy:

nosyone
09-15-2011, 08:50 PM
Re:

Regarding the ^above^ post and whether it is joking or serious.. I believe(but of course could be completely wrong.. So please do correct me if I'm mistaken).. But I believe what is possibly meant by this post is NOT that all of those named ^above^ are "in on" Holly's actual abduction and are responsible in some way for her no longer being here.. I read it to be more along the lines similar to what the discussion was when the post was made and that was that several of us felt that there are many that are involved in this "case"(not the actual abduction).. But the involved in the case in general(including possibly family as well as LE) and that they are "involved" in knowing the true and accurate events as they actually occurred that morning of April 13th.. And that they are aware that due to somehow protecting the case, or even Holly, herself they are not publicly acknowledging or speaking about what truly happened that morning.. I think possibly thats more what was being expressed in this particular post(again, CanManEh if I'm incorrect or mistaken please dont hesitate to correct me)..

My thoughts are that I believe this is "possible".. Not saying at all that I'm certain and know for a fact that the family and/or LE are lying, omitting, editing greatly the events of that morning.. But rather do believe it's possible and would fit with many of the details that no one can make fit, make sense at all, and are extremely contradictory and inconsistent.. "if" this is happening I believe most likely that it would be all of these players that are "in on" this heavily edited and/or fabricated events of that morning, LE included and that they feel they have very good reason to have taken this path and feel it necessary that the public not know many of the events of that morning.. What those reasons or motives are I am not clear on yet.. I do have some ideas but am waiting and hoping we will see something come to light(purposefully or not) that sometime in the near future something relatively "small" come to light, but could infact be something that will lend credence one way or another on what's happened and is happening in Holly's case..

I like your post and would like to think that due to the reasons that you stated above, they think Holly is still alive.

TxLady2
09-16-2011, 04:33 PM
Re:

LE nearly always holds back certain things in any investigation, this is certainly not unusual. It is possible that they believe Holly is still alive being held captive for some reason, since they obviously don't have any evidence to indicate she is dead. OTOH, after this length of time, I am sure that LE fears that she is dead, and they need to find the body.
I do not embrace the theory that this involves some prominent family they are protecting, though. If the whole police force or sheriff's office along with the TBI is not crooked, then there is no way that they are going to protect some family, no matter how wealthy they are. My guess is that they probably do have at least one suspect but they are not going to name him until they have some solid evidence, which apparently they do not have.
As for the 'events' of that morning, there probably is very little left to tell, since Clint was the only person there besides Holly and her abductor. All they have to go on is what he has said. And IMO, if he was considered a suspect, that would have come out by now, I think.
Also, the family is limited as to what they can say on t.v. So are the media who interview them... they know what questions they are not allowed to ask, and they know what to expect for answers... this is nearly always gone over before the show airs, and it's to protect the networks as well as the case.

Carla Lashelle
09-16-2011, 04:48 PM
HB's mother and brother did an interview and had their preacher with them. HB's father wasn't there. I think he was on for moral support others think differently.

Not really. Dana, Karen and Clint started out the interview together. Then Mr. Bromley, the family spokesman, took over and made some comments in Dana's place. I forget if Dana came back on or not... Its the JVM interview and its been posted her numerous times and its on youtube, etc.

Whisperer
09-16-2011, 08:49 PM

Whoah...Holy Crapola!

I am concerned about this part of the country's view of the world...and how it deals with crime.

Whisperer
09-16-2011, 08:54 PM
Not really. Dana, Karen and Clint started out the interview together. Then Mr. Bromley, the family spokesman, took over and made some comments in Dana's place. I forget if Dana came back on or not... Its the JVM interview and its been posted her numerous times and its on youtube, etc.

It started out with the family all three..Dana, Karen, Clint. Dana spoke and said that LE HAD confirmed the blood found belonged to Holly. At this point, you can hear someone in the background making a sound like "Shhh". The show goes to break immediately. Upon returning, the pastor (Spokesperson) is sitting in Dana's seat. Dana is gone and doesn't return for interview.

This pastor spokesperson lends absolutely nothing to this interview. I am one of those who are highly suspicious. I don't consider him a spokesperson, not in the loosest interpretation of the word. He acts as if he were an attorney. In all the times he has spoken, nothing has been gained. We have no information about the family. It has also been said the Hobos didn't seek him out to speak for them. He assigned himself the position.

Whisperer
09-16-2011, 09:01 PM
Since LE has found numerous drug operations in their search for Holly, has that impacted the case? Drugs and guns are not a good combination.

Aside from drugs, was there a female in the area that was very jealous of Holly? Or a male who had to have her? She is so beautiful, I imagine many males dreamed of her...and many females were jealous.

Plumeria5
09-16-2011, 10:31 PM
Since LE has found numerous drug operations in their search for Holly, has that impacted the case? Drugs and guns are not a good combination.

Aside from drugs, was there a female in the area that was very jealous of Holly? Or a male who had to have her? She is so beautiful, I imagine many males dreamed of her...and many females were jealous.

Any idea who Drew Scott's ex gfs are?? Just a thought.

Plumeria5
09-16-2011, 10:42 PM
:seeya: Hey, where is everybody? I had another thought. You know DS must be pretty popular and perhaps to some unpopular because I just found a thread started about him on another forum WELL BEFORE Holly was abducted. Maybe he had enemies that wanted to hurt him by taking Holly????

Edited: Never mind. I think it is a different DS as the town is 160 miles from Parsons.

mrsu
09-16-2011, 10:49 PM
Has it been posted here yet that Holly's cousin, Whitney, the country singer, is on this season of Survivor? It just started on Wed. night. Probably doesn't mean anything, but I did a double take when they said her name. I wonder if she will make any comment about everything on the show??

JeannieC
09-16-2011, 10:59 PM
Has it been posted here yet that Holly's cousin, Whitney, the country singer, is on this season of Survivor? It just started on Wed. night. Probably doesn't mean anything, but I did a double take when they said her name. I wonder if she will make any comment about everything on the show??

Oh yes, it has been posted and discussed. Ever hear of :deadhorse:

:floorlaugh:

Dr. Know?
09-16-2011, 11:12 PM

Yes, lots of ideas to base an opinion on. Hard to post unless LE or someone comes out with hints or something, & we can't talk about it until then. Frustrating, but understandlably the correct way for Holly's safety or the investigation.

Did we ever get LE to tell anything in Haleigh's case...not. nada. noway..well maybe a little. Haleigh has been gone since Feb. 2009. Frustration again.

I hope Holly will be brought home soon for her family. Big hug to the Bobo's!

Hey whisps!

CocoChanel
09-16-2011, 11:45 PM
LE nearly always holds back certain things in any investigation, this is certainly not unusual.......

As for the 'events' of that morning, there probably is very little left to tell, since Clint was the only person there besides Holly and her abductor. All they have to go on is what he has said. And IMO, if he was considered a suspect, that would have come out by now, I think.

Respectfully snipped by me.
I think there so so much left to tell...about that morning, and certainly the days, weeks and months leading up to that morning. If we here on WS are STILL not clear on the answers to questions like: was Clint living at home or not, was there a RO against someone in Holly's past, who exactly heard a scream, etc. etc. etc., then seriously there are VOLUMES left to tell. These things are not mysteries to the parties involved (family, friends, LE) and yet those of us who are the next level of most-interested do not have a clue what is fact or fiction because NOTHING has been made clear or definite to us. Of course that is the perogative of the parties involved to keep those of us who care in the dark. And there absolutely might be a very good reason for it. It is just hard not to feel used and manipulated as the sympathic public who were drawn into this story on day 1 by the urgent alarm raised by family and LE.

Sorry for the vent.

obody
09-17-2011, 12:09 AM
About that dead horse. Survivor filmed back in June. I'd hazard a guess that Whitney was signed on for it before Holly went missing.

JeannieC
09-17-2011, 12:18 AM
About that dead horse. Survivor filmed back in June. I'd hazard a guess that Whitney was signed on for it before Holly went missing.

Same thing I said...............

mrsu
09-17-2011, 12:25 AM
Oh yes, it has been posted and discussed. Ever hear of :deadhorse:

:floorlaugh:

LOL Okay, nevermind then. I didn't have time to go back and read thru everything.

Carry on. :)

Whisperer
09-17-2011, 01:24 AM
The family isn't talking! LE and the pastors are tied at the hip. The family and/or the pastors/LE know who this is...imo.

I see this case going nowhere. IIRC, the Bobos are having another fundraiser. Do I dare ask, for what?

Whisperer
09-17-2011, 01:33 AM
I been following this case from the very beginning..
and this is my theory...
I believe that Clint got into some sort of altercation with what he thought were friends...
and went to the Bobo home to get away from it...!! (Going off of Karen stating that Clint wasn't supposed to be there)
These friends (punks from the higher pillar of Parsons) showed up at the Bobo residence wanting to confront Clint...
They seen Holly and started in with her... she knows them too... an arguement insued and Holly was struck... I'm thinking an accidental deadly blow... A female that was with them screamed...!! triggering the neighbor to call... They took Holly away and faked the abduction....!!!
The reason for the hush, is because those involved come from pillars of the community, and they can not confirm that Holly is deceased...!!!
THIS IS NOT FACT... IT'S JUST MY OPINION...!!!

:clap:

Whisperer
09-17-2011, 01:39 AM
There seems to be many Baptist churches in Parsons! Aren't there any Methodist or Presbyterians? LOL

No Presbyterian...so far. I have a list of all the shelters that are churches.

http://parsonsweather.com/wx-shelters.htm

Silkprint
09-17-2011, 01:52 AM
There has never been that passionate sense of urgency from this family . That's what has always bothered me .

SmoothOperator
09-17-2011, 01:56 AM
On speaking along the lines of jealous females this was definitely something I brought up early on.. Citing the case of the two cadets in West Point, bf/gf that were convicted of abduction and murder of another young female.. Due to the jealousy of the gf not being able to let go that that the bf had been briefly involved with a young girl while they were supposedly broken up.. Due to her seething jealousy that consumed the gf she could not and move past her jealousy even tho they had long since gotten back together *and even with him professing his undying love to the gf.. She told him if he truly loved her he'd prove it by killing the girl and they set out to do exactly that..

Not saying the parallels would necessarily be exactly the same but showing that it wasn't unheard of for a female to be involved at some capacity..

As whisp said Holly is a very beautiful girl that I am certain not only had many guys that would love the chance of going out with her.. And for those same exact reasons why there very easily could be a gf or ex-gf that seethed with hatred for Holly in knowing her bf or ex bf was extremely attracted to and/or interested in Holly..

So, in thinking along those lines and careful to not in any way suggest DS is involved.. I believe that he and Holly had not been together for that extremely long of a relationship.. ATLEAST not in looking at it in adult like terms.. Seems as tho it was less than a year that they had been together as a couple(8mos for some reason is what I have stuck in my head as the time they'd been a couple.. But definitely could be wrong).. So if that short term relationship were truly the case I could definitely see it plausible that possibly there was a scorned, angry, and/or jealous female that could be a possibility..

With nothing to go on there really isn't a whole heckuva alot that can't be theorized as to have happened.. It is so strange, isn't it???

I mean yes, many of us follow several cases here that remain unsolved(I.e. Haleigh Cummings, Hailey Dunn) just to name two and there are many many more.. But what is so very strange and different is that most of us realize exactly who the likely responsible party(ies) is for why those children are gone.. There are clear People that we know very likely are involved with ATLEAST some semblance of how it possibly occurred and it is the lack of evidence that keeps the perp(s) from being brought to justice for those murders..But that is not the case here.. Truly there's nothing to go on at all.. It is so different IMO!!!

Whisperer
09-17-2011, 02:32 AM
You are correct Smooth Operator. If we keep this simple and if there is a valid RO on one her boyfriends, wouldn't it be logical to go there? Simple and logical would be the one who has the RO is the perp.

There is something about this case that is different from the rest. I get a real bad vibe from this one. It is difficult to explain but I don't feel comfortable here. I get the weebie-jeebies. That's a real professional description but that's the best I can do..lol. I keep hearing the music from Deliverance.

Whisperer
09-17-2011, 02:39 AM
I do believe someone knows. I don't know who but someone in that town. The thing I find strange is that DB doesn't do any interviews. Maybe he is working and can't it just seems strange that you never hear from him.

Since he is the only one working he might be having to put in a lot more hours to make ends meet.

It is just so sad and getting colder everyday. For some reason, I just believe she is alive. I don't feel that with other cases but I do with this one. Maybe its just hoping.

I don't think that's the case Jeannie. I think the Bobos do just fine financially speaking. I recall how much was made just in the first few days. It was a year's salary. I am sure the community is supporting them, and also the church. I don't think working is why he is not speaking.

Plumeria5
09-17-2011, 02:43 AM
On speaking along the lines of jealous females this was definitely something I brought up early on.. Citing the case of the two cadets in West Point, bf/gf that were convicted of abduction and murder of another young female.. Due to the jealousy of the gf not being able to let go that that the bf had been briefly involved with a young girl while they were supposedly broken up.. Due to her seething jealousy that consumed the gf she could not and move past her jealousy even tho they had long since gotten back together *and even with him professing his undying love to the gf.. She told him if he truly loved her he'd prove it by killing the girl and they set out to do exactly that..

Not saying the parallels would necessarily be exactly the same but showing that it wasn't unheard of for a female to be involved at some capacity..

As whisp said Holly is a very beautiful girl that I am certain not only had many guys that would love the chance of going out with her.. And for those same exact reasons why there very easily could be a gf or ex-gf that seethed with hatred for Holly in knowing her bf or ex bf was extremely attracted to and/or interested in Holly..

So, in thinking along those lines and careful to not in any way suggest DS is involved.. I believe that he and Holly had not been together for that extremely long of a relationship.. ATLEAST not in looking at it in adult like terms.. Seems as tho it was less than a year that they had been together as a couple(8mos for some reason is what I have stuck in my head as the time they'd been a couple.. But definitely could be wrong).. So if that short term relationship were truly the case I could definitely see it plausible that possibly there was a scorned, angry, and/or jealous female that could be a possibility..

With nothing to go on there really isn't a whole heckuva alot that can't be theorized as to have happened.. It is so strange, isn't it???

I mean yes, many of us follow several cases here that remain unsolved(I.e. Haleigh Cummings, Hailey Dunn) just to name two and there are many many more.. But what is so very strange and different is that most of us realize exactly who the likely responsible party(ies) is for why those children are gone.. There are clear People that we know very likely are involved with ATLEAST some semblance of how it possibly occurred and it is the lack of evidence that keeps the perp(s) from being brought to justice for those murders..But that is not the case here.. Truly there's nothing to go on at all.. It is so different IMO!!!

Girls can be brutal and extremely jealous! Have any of Holly's girlfriends spoken out? In the You Tube Video there were two other girls. Are those her friends from nursing school?

Whisperer
09-17-2011, 03:01 AM
At this moment, I am sensing that Holly was killed or injured in or near where the blood was found. She was placed in somebody's vehicle and driven away. The items found are a diversion.

She had her lunch bag, her cell and perhaps her books with her. She was not being led into any woods carrying these items..imo. CB may be covering up an accident.

JeannieC
09-17-2011, 03:09 AM
At this moment, I am sensing that Holly was killed or injured in or near where the blood was found. She was placed in somebody's vehicle and driven away. The items found are a diversion.

She had her lunch bag, her cell and perhaps her books with her. She was not being led into any woods carrying these items..imo. CB may be covering up an accident.

Were any vehicles searched?

Flmomof2
09-17-2011, 03:19 AM

Article in Star magazine this month with Whitney states she signed on the same day Holly went missing. After she signed was when she found out what had happened. Her mom and Holly's mom are sisters.

Whisperer
09-17-2011, 03:19 AM
I am going back reviewing from the beginning. I came late to this case. Does anyone know Karen's maiden name?

Whisperer
09-17-2011, 03:22 AM
Holly looks just like her mother. Karen is a very young looking 50. Good looks must run in the family. I assume Karen's sister is attractive also. Look at Whitney! Lots of blonds and blue eyes back there.

Seeing blonds where I live is a very rare experience so I am always amazed at how many are in the South.

Whisperer
09-17-2011, 04:07 AM
I keep reading that the Bobos had two dogs. It makes sense because CB referred to the little one as the "house dog".

I have been led to believe they have a retriever dog also. WTH? IF true, what was that dog doing while all this was going on? Was the dog hurt during the abduction? Is that why the scream. Heck, it is late and my mind is overactive, but darn, this makes no sense. I have never heard the family mention the retriever but the boards do. Is it true?

JeannieC
09-17-2011, 05:34 AM
I keep reading that the Bobos had two dogs. It makes sense because CB referred to the little one as the "house dog".

I have been led to believe they have a retriever dog also. WTH? IF true, what was that dog doing while all this was going on? Was the dog hurt during the abduction? Is that why the scream. Heck, it is late and my mind is overactive, but darn, this makes no sense. I have never heard the family mention the retriever but the boards do. Is it true?

CB mentioned the indoor dog barking so I thought they must have an outdoor dog too. I'm not sure about the retriever but it is possible since they hunt. Retrievers are good "bird dogs" and CB does hunt turkeys.

Most hunting dogs are kept in pens or at least all those I've ever seen are. They are trained to retrieve so most hunters don't let them run free even in the country. So the dog was probably out in a pen.

~n/t~
09-17-2011, 05:56 AM
In April, Whitney Duncan’s cousin Holly Bobo was kidnapped from her front yard early one morning while she was preparing to leave for school, and she has not been seen since. Duncan says that she kept her 18-year-old cousin in her mind while she was shooting, even though she wasn’t as in the loop as she would have liked to be. “I definitely talk about her on the show. It was difficult being away from my family and not knowing what was going on during filming,” she says, adding that while leaving was tough, it was something she had to do. “It was most definitely one of the hardest decisions I’ve had to make. After much discussion with my family, I decided it was best that I do the show. I would regret not doing it.”

http://tasteofcountry.com/whitney-duncan-survivor-south-pacific-music-holly-bobo/

JeannieC
09-17-2011, 06:10 AM
No Presbyterian...so far. I have a list of all the shelters that are churches.

http://parsonsweather.com/wx-shelters.htm

Parsons First Cumberland Presbyterian Church Parsons, TN, 38363

Whisperer
09-17-2011, 07:13 AM
They have many many churches for a town of 2500...! You would think one or two would be enough. I would imagine if you're agnostic or atheist, you're in a world of doo in that part of the country.

Whisperer
09-17-2011, 07:21 AM
As curious as we are about what they found, it would be maddening as parents not to be given that information. I know in the past LE says they can't release information that is pertinent to the case as it might interfere with the investigation but it seems the parents are entitled unless LE has a reason for not wanting the family to know.

The way Karen answered that question about the cell, sent my hinky meter off. I think they did find it and Karen was not allowed to tell. At least that is the way I read her.

TxLady2
09-17-2011, 09:55 AM
They have many many churches for a town of 2500...! You would think one or two would be enough. I would imagine if you're agnostic or atheist, you're in a world of doo in that part of the country.

You're kidding. One or two?? What would be the two choices... Baptist and Methodist? Or maybe Catholic?
With 2500 people, there would be a good chance that there would be at least 10 different faiths among them. I live in a small town, too and we have at least 5 churches, all of different faiths. And outside town, there are several more. In my county alone, I am guessing there are probably more than 200 different churches. In the South, we are ALL about religion and faith.

Plumeria5
09-17-2011, 12:54 PM
http://tasteofcountry.com/whitney-duncan-survivor-south-pacific-music-holly-bobo/

And I noticed in that article they say Holly was abducted from her "front" yard.

wishuwerehere
09-17-2011, 01:32 PM
You're kidding. One or two?? What would be the two choices... Baptist and Methodist? Or maybe Catholic?
With 2500 people, there would be a good chance that there would be at least 10 different faiths among them. I live in a small town, too and we have at least 5 churches, all of different faiths. And outside town, there are several more. In my county alone, I am guessing there are probably more than 200 different churches. In the South, we are ALL about religion and faith.

I live in the South and I am not ALL about religion and faith. <modsnip> Diversity rules. :twocents:

cluciano63
09-17-2011, 01:50 PM
In fact, not sure why religion is being discussed at all, other than the actual pastor(s) who have stepped foward as a part of the Bobo public persona, although if Holly spent as much time at her church as has been indicated, of course the members should be considered as potential suspects and I hope they are.

stilettos
09-17-2011, 01:57 PM
I live in the South and I am not ALL about religion and faith. Please stop painting everyone in the South with your broad brush. Diversity rules. :twocents:

I think the post opined that Southerners were "all about our faith" (loose quote) was trying to say the majority of Southerners are...and they are. People are free, even in the South not to participate. We are given a choice who we serve.

~n/t~
09-17-2011, 02:31 PM
Are any organized ground searches being planned? I know there is a fundraiser and IIRC, KB said some of the money would go towards searches. Just wondered what sort of searches.

I look at what is being done for Michelle Le and it is incredible to see the outpouring of support from all over. WS members donating food, etc.

I wish that could be done in Holly's case. :sigh:

CocoChanel
09-17-2011, 03:11 PM

I wonder how much of a mention Holly's abduction will get in this season's SURVIVOR. WD says in the article that she does talk about it on the show. I am skeptical of "reality" shows in general, as we know there is a certain amount of staging and theatrics that goes into making it interesting for TV. WD's participation in this show could be a good thing in that more people may learn about the case, and more eyes might increase the chance of someone providing that 'one clue' LE told us they have been waiting for. My dark side however imagines what a dramatic ratings-boost it would be to have Holly's location revealed on this show. Far-fetched I admit, but hmmmm....makes me think.

Oriah
09-17-2011, 03:39 PM
I live in the South and I am not ALL about religion and faith. Please stop painting everyone in the South with your broad brush. Diversity rules. :twocents:

Thank you, wishuwerehere.

All of this debate is such a fruitless pursuit in trying to bring Holly home IMO; and degrades the spirit and integrity of this forum.

We are victim friendly, here- remember, folks?

Now- how can we help find Holly??

I bump this because this is Holly- and there are people hurting, missing her, and wanting her home:
http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/holly-bobo/view (http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/holly-bobo/view)

Who cares what color, ethnicity, religion- whatever- she is??
I see NO point in that train of thought at all.

JeannieC
09-17-2011, 04:03 PM

All of this debate is such a fruitless pursuit in trying to bring Holly home IMO; and degrades the spirit and integrity of this forum.

I bump this because this is Holly- and there are people hurting, missing her, and wanting her home:
http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/holly-bobo/view (http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/holly-bobo/view)

Thank you!

Plumeria5
09-17-2011, 04:11 PM

I agree! It is like Holly has fallen off the face of the earth. NG has a show all about DWTS. Aren't missing people a little more important? And on a side note...Is it just my computer or why are the words Holly and/or Bobo highlighted in red each time they are written on this board?

JeannieC
09-17-2011, 04:13 PM
I agree! It is like Holly has fallen off the face of the earth. NG has a show all about DWTS. Aren't missing people a little more important? And on a side note...Is it just my computer or why are the words Holly and/or Bobo highlighted in red each time they are written on this board?

It must be your computer.

Plumeria5
09-17-2011, 04:21 PM
It must be your computer.

New computer. Not doing it at this moment. I feel all alone with this problem. :crazy:

Whisperer
09-17-2011, 04:35 PM
New computer. Not doing it at this moment. I feel all alone with this problem. :crazy:

My computer does that if I had done a search using the word "Holly","Bobo" previously to reading the thread. Did you arrive at the thread through the Search Menu?

Plumeria5
09-17-2011, 04:55 PM
My computer does that if I had done a search using the word "Holly","Bobo" previously to reading the thread. Did you arrive at the thread through the Search Menu?

Oh...that could be the problem! I'm not alone!!:great:

Whisperer
09-17-2011, 04:55 PM
I sense an undercurrent of anger or defensiveness in this thread.

To be able to get an idea of what is going on, knowing the culture and understanding it goes with the territory. Religion, politics and how they think plays a huge role. We don't have to get specific but, my goodness, how do you get inside their thinking if you don't understand their way of life?

Maybe this thread should be assigned to only Southern People because it appears outsiders (at least myself) aren't needed here due to our lack of understanding the culture. I would not be offended either if that happens. We have been told that the Bobos and Drew are not involved. Have they taken a poly and has LE cleared them?

Suggesting the Bobos know more about that morning and are not saying is not appreciated on some websites...oh, and that includes Drew. I don't know if they know more but, my goodness, they sure aren't exactly "out there" talking. Is it because they choose not to or is it because they have been told to be quiet?

....and herein lies the problem. Most parents of missing children are out there begging for help. In this case, we are trying to justify why this family isn't. When you have pastors who are LE, it confuses the matter. That is my opinion. It is also my opinion that these pastors and LE control the people in this community. That may not be a popular stance but it is one I have come to think is possible.

stilettos
09-17-2011, 05:23 PM

To be able to get an idea of what is going on, knowing the culture and understanding it goes with the territory. Religion, politics and how they think plays a huge role. We don't have to get specific but, my goodness, how do you get inside their thinking if you don't understand their way of life?

Maybe this thread should be assigned to only Southern People because it appears outsiders (at least myself) aren't needed here due to our lack of understanding the culture. I would not be offended either if that happens. We have been told that the Bobos and Drew are not involved. Have they taken a poly and has LE cleared them?

Suggesting the Bobos know more about that morning and are not saying is not appreciated on some websites...oh, and that includes Drew. I don't know if they know more but, my goodness, they sure aren't exactly "out there" talking. Is it because they choose not to or is it because they have been told to be quiet?

....and herein lies the problem. Most parents of missing children are out there begging for help. In this case, we are trying to justify why this family isn't. When you have pastors who are LE, it confuses the matter. That is my opinion. It is also my opinion that these pastors and LE control the people in this community. That may not be a popular stance but it is one I have come to think is possible.

:seeya:Hi Whisperer! I do not want you or any other poster living North or West of the Mason Dixon to leave the thread. If any of my posts giving info on the way of life for Southerners have made you or any other feel that way...please accept my heartfelt apologies. I in no way intended that.

I think everyone should be open to question until proven not a POI. Because I live in the South I can say that we also have our share of "strange" family members and we do not usually put them away. So one never knows. KWIM?

Whisperer
09-17-2011, 05:35 PM
I have never seen or heard a Spokesperson speak in this manner. Tell me it isn't strange!. I will say loudly....This is NOT a spokesperson, folks!

On 'Nancy Grace': Holly Bobo Spokesperson Proves Useless
April 20, 2011 08:50 PM EDT

During a live via-video interview with Kevin Bromley, a so-called spokesperson for the Bobo family, Deborah Norville asked all the right questions but got no answers. Anytime Norville, filling in for Nancy Grace, asked the man a question, he dodged it, refusing to answer.

"Like I said, I'm the family spokesperson," Bromley would repeat over-and-over throughout the interview.

Norville told Bromley that a cousin of the Bobos claimed that Clint took a lie detector test and passed. When she asked if this could be confirmed, he refused to answer. He also wouldn't answer any questions regarding the rest of the family taking polygraph tests. When he was asked about what exactly Clint Bobo saw on the morning Holly Bobo was abducted, he refused to answer. He claimed that Clint never told him.

http://*****************/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474979247172

Oriah
09-17-2011, 05:36 PM
Understanding the family, friends, and community of a missing person is absolutely very important and useful in searching for them.
But not to the detriment of passing judgement, imvho.

While knowledge of such can help bring missing persons home- judgement of their race, lifestyle, faith, education, etc- does NOT.
People go missing from all walks of life; of all colors, all ages, all faiths, all neighborhoods, all socio-economic levels, with all degrees of education... Missing persons are like a cancer. They spare no demographic.

Often, finding them means putting aside pre-conceived notions of a demographic.

SAR 101! :)

stilettos
09-17-2011, 05:36 PM
On 'Nancy Grace': Holly Bobo Spokesperson Proves Useless
April 20, 2011 08:50 PM EDT

During a live via-video interview with Kevin Bromley, a so-called spokesperson for the Bobo family, Deborah Norville asked all the right questions but got no answers. Anytime Norville, filling in for Nancy Grace, asked the man a question, he dodged it, refusing to answer.

"Like I said, I'm the family spokesperson," Bromley would repeat over-and-over throughout the interview.

Norville told Bromley that a cousin of the Bobos claimed that Clint took a lie detector test and passed. When she asked if this could be confirmed, he refused to answer. He also wouldn't answer any questions regarding the rest of the family taking polygraph tests. When he was asked about what exactly Clint Bobo saw on the morning Holly Bobo was abducted, he refused to answer. He claimed that Clint never told him.

http://*****************/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474979247172

What kind of flipping spokesman is that???:banghead:

plaidmom
09-17-2011, 05:39 PM
In fact, not sure why religion is being discussed at all, other than the actual pastor(s) who have stepped foward as a part of the Bobo public persona, although if Holly spent as much time at her church as has been indicated, of course the members should be considered as potential suspects and I hope they are.

I think it came up because:

1. The Bobo's "spokesperson" is a pastor, rather than a lawyer or PR person.

2. The sherrif of the community is also a pastor.

3. A pastor loosly affiliated with the case had a death under curious circumstances occur in his church, apparently at his hand.

4. Numerous religious figures from the community have stepped forward to make comments to the media or the lead prayer services etc. (including the pastor mentioned above ^^^).

This is not a slam on anyone involved. For those of us who are "outsiders" we just want to try to understand the "culture" of the place.

Oh and the official Bobo/LE story? "That dog won't hunt". Yeah, I actually have spent some time in the south. :crazy:

cluciano63
09-17-2011, 05:50 PM
I think it came up because:

1. The Bobo's "spokesperson" is a pastor, rather than a lawyer or PR person.

2. The sherrif of the community is also a pastor.

3. A pastor loosly affiliated with the case had a death under curious circumstances occur in his church, apparently at his hand.

4. Numerous religious figures from the community have stepped forward to make comments to the media or the lead prayer services etc. (including the pastor mentioned above ^^^).

This is not a slam on anyone involved. For those of us who are "outsiders" we just want to try to understand the "culture" of the place.

Oh and the official Bobo/LE story? "That dog won't hunt". Yeah, I actually have spent some time in the south. :crazy:

If you read my entire post, I did say other than the fact that they are involving a pastor, and that they seem to be highly involved with their church; those aspects are as relevant as anything else in this case, as far as we know. The story we've gotten makes it seem like Holly veered between school and church exclusively, therefore church members demand as much scrutiny as schoolmates, IMO (maybe more.) Believe me, I am a New Yorker and nothing is more unusual/unknown to me than the make-up of a small, religious Southern town...

Oriah
09-17-2011, 05:55 PM
If you read my entire post, I did say other than the fact that they are involving a pastor, and that they seem to be highly involved with their church; those aspects are as relevant as anything else in this case, as far as we know. The story we've gotten makes it seem like Holly veered between school and church exclusively, therefore church members demand as much scrutiny as schoolmates, IMO (maybe more.) Believe me, I am a New Yorker and nothing is more unusual/unknown to me than the make-up of a small, religious Southern town...

Why maybe more?

stilettos
09-17-2011, 05:57 PM

I am thinking the only thing different about it is the enviornment in the faith/religion and the small town in the South. I have been to NY churches and stayed with families there and their lives tend to revolve around work and faith activities. I also think that we Southerners value highly young women's reputations and sometimes when we are young we do not clue our parents or fellow church members of all our activities. I also spent my college years tending bar and yes...my fellow patrons tended to revolve around the bar and their work....I just think we choose our lives. We are probably not that different...oh yeah, but then there is the blooding after your first deer kill.:floorlaugh:

I agree that everyone within her enviornment should bear the same scrutiny. This young woman deserves every effort.

cluciano63
09-17-2011, 06:04 PM
Why maybe more?

Only because it seems her whole family was involved in the church and maybe one of them attracted someone who became attracted to Holly...

Whisperer
09-17-2011, 06:05 PM
I don't know if I am allowed to link the facebook page about SAR. If so I will. I just found it...and it is a no nonsense account of everything set in a journal fashion. I have never seen a FB link before so I will not post it.

It can be found under Holly Bobo search & rescue information on FB.

bessie
09-17-2011, 06:09 PM
I don't know if I am allowed to link the facebook page about SAR. If so I will. I just found it...and it is a no nonsense account of everything set in a journal fashion. I have never seen a FB link before so I will not post it.

It can be found under Holly Bobo search & rescue information on FB.
You can post the link to that FB page, but please don't copy and paste posts from it.

plaidmom
09-17-2011, 06:11 PM

I read your post. The problem is, it's not just a pastor, singular, but multiple pastors who are involved within the community and with this case.

Bromley (the "spokesperson") isn't even the Bobo's current minister. That would be Don Franks. http://www.tnbaptist.org/BRARticle.asp?ID=3804

So we have (according to various MSM reports--and thus OK to list them I hope):

Kevin Bromley(family spokesperson and HBs former youth minister)
Don Franks (pastor at the Bobo's current church)
Don Wyatt (AKA Decatur Co. Sheriff)
Chris Warren (lead prayer services for HB and recently was involved in an accidental death in his own church)
Michael Crandall (pastor at Bear Creek Baptist where early HB searches were staged). His position is currently open online.

Any others?

And I totally agree about looking a church members more closely.

cluciano63
09-17-2011, 06:14 PM
I read your post. The problem is, it's not just a pastor, singular, but multiple pastors who are involved within the community and with this case.

Bromley (the "spokesperson") isn't even the Bobo's current minister. That would be Don Franks. http://www.tnbaptist.org/BRARticle.asp?ID=3804

So we have (according to various MSM reports--and thus OK to list them I hope):

Kevin Bromley(family spokes person and HBs former youth minister)
Don Franks (pastor at the Bobo's current church)
Don Wyatt (AKA Decatur Co. Sheriff)
Chris Warren (lead prayer services for HB and?)
Michael Crandall (pastor at Bear Creek Baptist where early HB searches were staged). His position is currently open online.

Any others?

And I totally agree about looking a church members more closely.

There are almost too many of them....
Like BeanE always says "don't pay any attention to the man behind the curtain" or something like that...

plaidmom
09-17-2011, 06:47 PM
There are almost too many of them....
Like BeanE always says "don't pay any attention to the man behind the curtain" or something like that...

LOL, yeah I know.

Ok, so my deep dark personal feelings on a possible religious angle to the whole thing:

1. This was a prank that went wrong. My parents were religious and we went to church as a family. One of the "traditions" within the youth group at the church we attended was that the Senior (HS) girls would "kidnap" the Freshman girls. Parents were notified of course. The Sr.s took us sometime past midnight, in our jammies, and made us eat disgusting things and forced us to t.p. (that would be toilet-paper for the youngsters on the board) the cutest-boy-in-town's house. We then went back to one of the Sr.s houses, where we would sleep for a few hours, before being fed a wonderful breakfast and returned, safely, home. Kind of like rushing a sorority, but with a religious bent. I've wondered (although it seems improbable) if this could have been something that started out similarly, but went horribly horribly wrong.

2. My deeper and darker HB religious scenario, is that she was taken so that she could be "taught a lesson". Or used as an example. I keep coming back to Drew's grandmother's comment:

Last night was the first night they’ve been apart for about a year.

Did she mean that literally? Were Drew and HB possibly allowed "conjugal" visits within this small and religious community?

Jealousy has been mentioned as a possible motive. I do wonder if we are talking about a certain jealousy of a different kind.

I've also considered righteousness. That can also be a very strong emotion.

Still more perplexed than ever, and waiting to hear what others might think....

Whisperer
09-17-2011, 06:55 PM
Please bear with me but I am still having a problem with the garage/carport happenings. Carefully reviewing Clint's words he spoke of seeing two silhouettes kneeling in the garage. In the same interview, he later mentions they were sitting in the garage.

To my kge., I have never seen chairs in a carport. I am still wondering what he is talking about. IIRC he is the one that found blood beneath where they were sitting...er...kneeling..which is it?

CB appears to have problems with visual memory.

sumzero
09-17-2011, 07:02 PM
This crime touches close to home for those who inhabit a small town. Noone is unaffected by it (or so I would imagine). Folks in town will want to reach out to help the Bobos. They will do it often through their local churches. And why not? Churches provide a place of refuge at a time of crisis. They can quickly and efficiently organize the outreach efforts. And, beyond that, it is what churches do: helping people in need. I see nothing suspicious about local church involvement in this case. It would surprise me more if I had learned that they were NOT active in supporting the Bobos.

Morag
09-17-2011, 07:06 PM
(SNIP)Carefully reviewing Clint's words he spoke of seeing two silhouettes kneeling in the garage. (SNIP)

BBM
Forgive my ignorance about religious practices, but could the two figures in the garage have been kneeling to pray?

Whisperer
09-17-2011, 07:09 PM
You can post the link to that FB page, but please don't copy and paste posts from it.

Thanks bessie. Here is a good link with explanations in chronological order of SAR's efforts.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Holly-Bobo-Search-and-Info/197838680260907?sk=info

Whisperer
09-17-2011, 07:17 PM
If we all are facing the front of the Bobo house, in what direction did they walk to the woods? For some reason, I had thought it was to our right across the road but the woods in the video at that area didn't look thick.

Are the woods to the left of the Bobo home the correct direction?

Whisperer
09-17-2011, 07:20 PM
If I were in charge, I would hypnotize Clint to get to the bottom of what he saw. It would be nice to hear what happened w/o his interpretation of what he incorrectly thought.

CocoChanel
09-17-2011, 07:35 PM
Thanks bessie. Here is a good link with explanations in chronological order of SAR's efforts.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Holly-Bobo-Search-and-Info/197838680260907?sk=info

Thanks for reminding me of this FB page. Early on that FB page and the creator of that page - he was referred to as TC here I think - were criticized greatly here and on other Holly Bobo web discussions. I never quite understood why. But I will say that some of the entries I am reading there as part of their reports from this month sound very much like what was written there in May on their wall. It seems they stopped posting on their wall and adding interesting pictures sometime in early summer. Those items are now missing. I really don't understand WHAT that FB page is about to tell you the truth.

Whisperer
09-17-2011, 07:44 PM
To the North of the Bobo residence (adjacent) lives a family that has at least 19 (adult) of its family living right there in Darden...speaking of a tight-knit community..wowza!

How many of Dana & Karen's live there?

Lots of kinfolk around. I guess you're either related or a best friend if you live there.

Whisperer
09-17-2011, 07:48 PM
It is getting more and more difficult to fathom why nobody knows anything about Holly.

~n/t~
09-17-2011, 07:57 PM
It is getting more and more difficult to fathom why nobody knows anything about Holly.

Ohhhh I think they know. They're just not talking. Not outside of their homes anyway...but I bet there is a lot of yapping going on inside the 4 walls in every home in Darden.

~n/t~
09-17-2011, 08:03 PM
To me even more bizarre than the religious angle is Drew Scott not making any public appearances whatsoever.

Not one photo of him since Holly's disappearance.

Not one comment or plea to Holly's abductor.

Not one message of endearment to Holly herself.

Nothing.

He's non existant except for one article mentioning he and Karen texting each other every night.

CocoChanel
09-17-2011, 09:37 PM
To me even more bizarre than the religious angle is Drew Scott not making any public appearances whatsoever.

Not one photo of him since Holly's disappearance.

Not one comment or plea to Holly's abductor.

Not one message of endearment to Holly herself.

Nothing.

He's non existant except for one article mentioning he and Karen texting each other every night.

I don't know that I find it so unusual that DS has not been seen or heard from. This was a very young couple, aged 19 and 20. They were dating, not engaged, though we had heard they were hoping to marry one day. Many couples their age while still in school don't marry until established in a career, and by then they have dated several others. I don't mean to devalue their relationship, but I would not expect the same level of devotion and public display of dismay that I would from a fiance or husband. IMHO

Whisperer
09-17-2011, 09:45 PM
I am with ~n/t~ on this. I find it very strange that there is not a peep from DS. In the KISS world, the BF is always on the chopping block. The fact that he is in hiding is not going to stop that from happening. I got the impression they were very devoted to each other. Maybe my impression is wrong but that is what I was led to believe.

It would be nice if he devoted a FB page or wrote about her or expressed sorrow. There is nothing. Is he still living and working there?

Whisperer
09-17-2011, 09:52 PM
Still waiting to find out what direction the two went into the woods. If we face the front of the house, did Holly go to the left or to the right when she entered the woods? I always pictured them walking to the right (across the dirt road). Now, I have to entertain the thought they went to the right. Anyone know for sure which direction he was describing?

I assumed right because that is a clear line of vision. The left has the carport and trees blocking the view.

CocoChanel
09-17-2011, 09:59 PM
I am with ~n/t~ on this. I find it very strange that there is not a peep from DS. In the KISS world, the BF is always on the chopping block. The fact that he is in hiding is not going to stop that from happening. I got the impression they were very devoted to each other. Maybe my impression is wrong but that is what I was led to believe.

It would be nice if he devoted a FB page or wrote about her or expressed sorrow. There is nothing. Is he still living and working there?

This is what I DO find strange: I just did a Google news archives search for "Holly Bobo" +"Drew Scott". I was specifically looking for the grandmother's quote about the night before the abduction being the first time they were apart in almost a year. I think that is an important statement that may mean something. The FIRST time they aren't 'together', whatever that may mean, and within hours Holly is GONE.

Stranger yet is that my Google news archives search turned up ZERO articles with the names Holly Bobo and Drew Scott. WTH??

x_files
09-17-2011, 10:10 PM
This is what I DO find strange: I just did a Google news archives search for "Holly Bobo" +"Drew Scott". I was specifically looking for the grandmother's quote about the night before the abduction being the first time they were apart in almost a year. I think that is an important statement that may mean something. The FIRST time they aren't 'together', whatever that may mean, and within hours Holly is GONE.

Stranger yet is that my Google news archives search turned up ZERO articles with the names Holly Bobo and Drew Scott. WTH??

Maybe, his family hired a PR agent or attorney to scrub the internet. have no idea why, but, maybe it would effect his family negatively to be associated to a missing girlfriend? Is his parents influential?

Whisperer
09-17-2011, 10:45 PM
I was just reading about this jason everett nichols character. He sure fits the bill. He is 6ft and 210 lbs.

He stalked two very pretty girls in early April. He waited for hours in a parking lot.

Is it possible he followed Holly the night before and just waited in the bushes for her to walk out? It seems risky for a stalker, not knowing if anyone else was home though. He should have known, if he were watching the house.

Boy, he sure does have the M.O. and he fits Clint's eye witness description...hmmm

Whisperer
09-17-2011, 10:46 PM
It's like Drew just dropped off the face of the earth...he and her prior BFs. After Nichols arrest, I would think her BF would be surfacing demanding people take a look at this guy.

Whisperer
09-17-2011, 10:48 PM
I'm keeping my eyes open for this Nichols character. If he were the unsub, I would think they would have found some evidence in his car. He drove a blue car, right?

obody
09-17-2011, 11:02 PM
I could see, with the boyfriend, that he could simply be young, and devastated, and wanting to avoid the media. People react in different ways. He lost his best friend in a car accident shortly before this, too http://www.examiner.com/missing-persons-in-national/holly-bobo-boyfriend-will-likely-search-for-holly-on-his-birthday?do_not_mobile_redirect=1

JeannieC
09-17-2011, 11:07 PM
I hope that I can explain the dynamics of a small rural community in the south. This by no means refers to the south as a whole but I believe it does apply to Darden Tenn.

I moved from a large city in the north to a large city in the south. I met a guy from a small city, married him and moved to what he referred to as, “God's Country”. Soon after I referred to it as “God Forsaken”. I don't now. There was nothing to do, no where to go, they rolled up the sidewalks at dark!

It was very different for me and I didn't understand anything. Growing up we didn't have family near us so at holidays we were alone.

Suddenly I had his entire family which consisted of his parents, 3 siblings, grandparents on both sides. Thirty-two female first cousins and fifteen male first cousins on one side. Not only that, his father had 7 brothers and 4 sisters and they all lived within hollering distance to his grandmother. His maternal grandparents also lived with his parents.

It gets better, my husband went into the military three days after we were married and left me with his parents. The plan was for me to join him after basic training but, best laid plans of mice and men as the saying goes, I got pregnant right away. DON'T LAUGH!

Next, I wasn't allowed to go with him. He was shipped to another base, trained, and shipped to Korea. I didn't know a sole. I was miserable!

His family was great. They treated me like a daughter. His mother was with me when I had my son. Three and a half days of labor and she stayed by my side. When I went home she hired someone to clean house so she could help with the baby. She worked full time too.

His sister came everyday during lunch and bathed and fed the baby. Everyone was wonderful. I was never treated like an outsider. I was family.

We went to church together and so did most of the other siblings' families. Not all the same churches. After church all my hubby's siblings and sibling in laws came for dinner. It was like Thanksgiving every Sunday.

I had a hard time with people wanting to get to know me. I thought they were being nosy and later realized they cared. When my sister finally had a baby after trying for 10 years my ex's grandmother crocheted a beautiful afghan for the baby. The other one knitted a hat, sweater, and booties. They had only met her once but she was my sister so they claimed her too.

When my husband came home we moved to his Dad's farm. My husband's sister and hubby, and his brother and wife built down the road on the farm land. About a dozen cousins built on the same road.

We were close enough to be neighbors but not close enough to see what went on at each house. Some went to church, some didn't. Most did.

Church was a big part of most of our lives. Church youth groups, camps, slumber parties, vacation bible school. Big meals on special occasions at the church and inviting the preacher and his family to your house for a meal is normal behavior. In a small town (rural community) these things are very important. What else would the children have without the church. Who else would help when someone is ill, in financial need, going through a divorce, or dying if not for the church.

Its not a cult. Its a way of life. People helping people. Children mingling with other children in a safe environment. Giving them a place to go that is safe and fun. Teaching them to socialize. Families living close and being there for each other. Not a cult.

As far as hunting and carrying guns, many do hunt. They eat what they hunt. Its not just for sport but many of them enjoy hunting. I can honestly say I have heard more gunshots in the big cities I have visited and/or worked in than I have heard when I lived on a farm in a rural community. My husband (now ex-husband) never hunted. Most of his cousins did.

As far as the Bobo grandmother saying that was the first night Holly and Clint had spent apart I think I can explain what she meant by that.

It has nothing to do with them sleeping together. My father in law used to stand up when the sun went down and say he was going to bed, regardless of the time. He would say its night time the sun is down, time to go to bed. He was up every morning before the sun came up.

A lot of southerners who come from farms might say, “he came over last night” and it actually means it was dark or close to dark, not night as we might think of it.

Holly's grandmother would NEVER mean they spent the night together as in sleeping together. That would be something she would never talk about even if she suspected it. She meant they saw each other every day and it was dark or dark when he left. Therefore, in her eyes they spent every night together.

I hope this helps and clarifies things so you will have a better understanding of the rural community in Darden as well as the close relationship to the church and the pastor.

One other thing. In smaller communities many pastors lives off the offerings of the church, the church also has to operate off these offerings. It is not unusual to have a minister who works as a house painter, carpenter, sheriff, deputy sheriff, or any number of other things to subsidize his income and take care of his family. LE in small communities don't make a lot of money either so most of those who choose that as a profession want to work in bigger towns or cities. In other words, no one wants to work for free or peanuts.

I hope this helps and sorry it is such a long post. MOO

JeannieC
09-17-2011, 11:09 PM
I hope my previous post will lay to rest many of the misconceptions some have had and also help to understand the culture of the area. This hopefully, will aid in your sleuthing.

jmo

~n/t~
09-17-2011, 11:20 PM
I don't know that I find it so unusual that DS has not been seen or heard from. This was a very young couple, aged 19 and 20. They were dating, not engaged, though we had heard they were hoping to marry one day. Many couples their age while still in school don't marry until established in a career, and by then they have dated several others. I don't mean to devalue their relationship, but I would not expect the same level of devotion and public display of dismay that I would from a fiance or husband. IMHO

Spending every night with Holly (per his grandmother's comment) and the fact that he and Clint were also buddies makes it all very hinky that he has not participated in any of the events nor made any statements regarding Holly.

By all accounts they were very close. Not just Drew and Holly but the families as well.

Something isn't making sense to me.

Oriah
09-17-2011, 11:22 PM
To the North of the Bobo residence (adjacent) lives a family that has at least 19 (adult) of its family living right there in Darden...speaking of a tight-knit community..wowza!

How many of Dana & Karen's live there?

Lots of kinfolk around. I guess you're either related or a best friend if you live there.

Could you please provide a link for this? And why it matters? TIA.

~n/t~
09-17-2011, 11:28 PM
I was just reading about this jason everett nichols character. He sure fits the bill. He is 6ft and 210 lbs.

He stalked two very pretty girls in early April. He waited for hours in a parking lot.

Is it possible he followed Holly the night before and just waited in the bushes for her to walk out? It seems risky for a stalker, not knowing if anyone else was home though. He should have known, if he were watching the house.

Boy, he sure does have the M.O. and he fits Clint's eye witness description...hmmm

What else do we know about him? How close did he live to the Bobos? How long is he in jail for?

I think they may have the guy but don't have enough proof?

Whisperer
09-17-2011, 11:42 PM
JeannieC. Thank You for the beautiful post about rural living. I cannot even imagine anything like that...as I was raised w/no family, so to speak. I never met an aunt, uncle, cousin or any grandparents, they had died before I was born. My father died when I was 5 and my brother died when I was 12. So this way of living is SO unfamiliar to me. It really helped to see and understand their way of living. It is foreign to me. Of course, I have read about these things in books but never really associated it with real life.

I can see why no one would suspect a family member or BF would do anything like that to Holly.

JeannieC
09-17-2011, 11:45 PM
Spending every night with Holly (per his grandmother's comment) and the fact that he and Clint were also buddies makes it all very hinky that he has not participated in any of the events nor made any statements regarding Holly.

By all accounts they were very close. Not just Drew and Holly but the families as well.

Something isn't making sense to me.

I have wondered the same thing. If he has been at a search I have never seen him....not to say that I would realize that was him but you would think he would be seen with the family.

Am I correct that D and HB started dating the previous Sept? Maybe he wasn't totally commited and in love sts. jmo

Whisperer
09-17-2011, 11:46 PM
Could you please provide a link for this? And why it matters? TIA.

Since it doesn't matter, I won't bother, I found it interesting that so many people with the same name lived in the same town. I can't add any name that wasn't discussed so.....

I was simply pointing out the number of related people living in the area. To me, it was astounding. To some, not interesting!

Sometimes people on threads go off point to have conversation with others.

doublestop
09-17-2011, 11:58 PM
To my kge., I have never seen chairs in a carport. I am still wondering what he is talking about. IIRC he is the one that found blood beneath where they were sitting...er...kneeling..which is it?

I have always pictured them on their knees, sitting back onto their heels...which could easily be described either way, and probably the position I would have been in if I were looking at something on the floor (like the possible turkey) at that age.

Whisperer
09-18-2011, 12:05 AM
What else do we know about him? How close did he live to the Bobos? How long is he in jail for?

Nickells:

I'm sure they must have discussed him here...haven't seen it yet..anyway, he listed his address as Holladay, TN. He said he was a contractor. His bond was $300,000 and he bonded out..

JeannieC
09-18-2011, 12:05 AM
JeannieC. Thank You for the beautiful post about rural living. I cannot even imagine anything like that...as I was raised w/no family, so to speak. I never met an aunt, uncle, cousin or any grandparents, they had died before I was born. My father died when I was 5 and my brother died when I was 12. So this way of living is SO unfamiliar to me. It really helped to see and understand their way of living. It is foreign to me. Of course, I have read about these things in books but never really associated it with real life.

I can see why no one would suspect a family member or BF would do anything like that to Holly.

Thank you for sharing. I'm so sorry about your family. That had to be tough and I can understand how this seems so foreign to you. It did to me. Now I really miss it. All that was taken in my divorce so it was a double shot in a way. I never kept my sons from his family, ever. My in-laws still loved me til they died and vice-versa.

I wasn't a touch, hug person so it was something to adjust to. Believe me! I can honestly say they made me a better person and regardless of anything I wouldn't change it for the world.

Southerners are friendly and caring people. Honest. (Cept for us D## yankees) lol :floorlaugh: You do know the difference between a Yankee in the south and a d#m Yankee don't you?

The Yankee comes for a visit and go home. The D#m Yankee stays........:floorlaugh:

JeannieC
09-18-2011, 12:25 AM

I can't find anything on him except a mugshot and arrrest, conviction info for a guy in Arz. Is that him?

JeannieC
09-18-2011, 12:46 AM
If we all are facing the front of the Bobo house, in what direction did they walk to the woods? For some reason, I had thought it was to our right across the road but the woods in the video at that area didn't look thick.

Here a a google map with markers of different events. I didn't find which way they walked but I did see something I don't remember. It shows a location where they found a "warm car found with cell phone, gloves, and camo"

What kind of car? I really don't remember that.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0&msid=218199748434644937742.0004a0e4115bf271e54ae&hl=en&ie=UTF8&t=h&ll=35.679217,-88.175486&spn=0.006571,0.016394&z=17

Advocate1
09-18-2011, 01:02 AM
I recall Clint saying he last saw her going North.

http://www.google.com/m/url?client=ms-android-htc&ei=RXJ1Toj_NuWviQKlgAE&gl=us&hl=en&q=http://www.wreg.com/news/wreg-holly-bobos-family-recounts-the-day-she-vanished-20110722,0,6800717.story&source=android-browser-key&ved=0CAkQFjAA&usg=AFQjCNF6rkhCs_jyccyzUTzdtbDSGiGM9g

So if that was the case looking at her house head on. It would be the opposite way of where the clearing is to the south on their property. I think the perp brought her around the side of the house where he had a vehicle tucked away out of her view from the house or carport. It would also be out of view of cars passing on Swan Johnson. I have always thought that this was someone that knew the family routine and should up that morning at the pre planned time. He wasn't out watching them leave or he would of known her brother was still in the residence. I think he pulled right in the drive and hid the vehicle out of view and blindsided her coming to her car. Now about the brother seeing 2 people kneeled/sitting/squating whichever this is just my speculation but obviously someone was bleeding and right there where he saw them. Holly could of fell and he could of been bending over with her, he could of been trying to clean up the blood. The blood would (did) cause a problem later and they didn't want that. He also could have injected her with a tranq and the brother happened to look when she was able to still walk... who knows. The use of force to make her bleed tells me this was NOT someone she would of went with willingly.
I think its beyong sad that it has been 5 months and the last 3 LE has not even commented on the case. When they did comment they contradicted eachother and made some very unusually statements. I definently think there is a lot more going on here. I really believe LE knew she was taken away in a vehicle and that is why roadblocks were not used because they were way gone already. LE would of never let volunnteers in the woods if they really thought Holly was in them with this abductor. So that means there were two investigations a inside and outside one. Now before you answer just ponder the question.
LE said the suspect was from the community and told people to look amongst themselves. With that being said could it be possible that we (the public) were being given misinformation purposely because that's what they wanted the suspects to think?

mrsu
09-18-2011, 01:35 AM

Jason Nichols...he was discussed at great length. He was out at the time that Holly was abducted and I believe was familiar with the school she attended. He had approached other girls in the area around the same time Holly was abducted, police talked to him and said his alibi was checked out.

JeannieC
09-18-2011, 01:46 AM
I recall Clint saying he last saw her going North.

http://www.google.com/m/url?client=ms-android-htc&ei=RXJ1Toj_NuWviQKlgAE&gl=us&hl=en&q=http://www.wreg.com/news/wreg-holly-bobos-family-recounts-the-day-she-vanished-20110722,0,6800717.story&source=android-browser-key&ved=0CAkQFjAA&usg=AFQjCNF6rkhCs_jyccyzUTzdtbDSGiGM9g

So if that was the case looking at her house head on. It would be the opposite way of where the clearing is to the south on their property. I think the perp brought her around the side of the house where he had a vehicle tucked away out of her view from the house or carport. It would also be out of view of cars passing on Swan Johnson. I have always thought that this was someone that knew the family routine and should up that morning at the pre planned time. He wasn't out watching them leave or he would of known her brother was still in the residence. I think he pulled right in the drive and hid the vehicle out of view and blindsided her coming to her car. Now about the brother seeing 2 people kneeled/sitting/squating whichever this is just my speculation but obviously someone was bleeding and right there where he saw them. Holly could of fell and he could of been bending over with her, he could of been trying to clean up the blood. The blood would (did) cause a problem later and they didn't want that. He also could have injected her with a tranq and the brother happened to look when she was able to still walk... who knows. The use of force to make her bleed tells me this was NOT someone she would of went with willingly.
I think its beyong sad that it has been 5 months and the last 3 LE has not even commented on the case. When they did comment they contradicted eachother and made some very unusually statements. I definently think there is a lot more going on here. I really believe LE knew she was taken away in a vehicle and that is why roadblocks were not used because they were way gone already. LE would of never let volunnteers in the woods if they really thought Holly was in them with this abductor. So that means there were two investigations a inside and outside one. Now before you answer just ponder the question.
LE said the suspect was from the community and told people to look amongst themselves. With that being said could it be possible that we (the public) were being given misinformation purposely because that's what they wanted the suspects to think?

This makes sense to me. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if KB passed the perp on her way out to work.

Plumeria5
09-18-2011, 02:45 AM
I can't find anything on him except a mugshot and arrrest, conviction info for a guy in Arz. Is that him?

Last name is spelled Nickell. No, I don't think that is the same guy as his name is spelled Nichols.

Whisperer
09-18-2011, 05:32 AM
His alibi checked out? Wow! I read he is married and I can't pass on what was said about his car because I cannot verify it. It also fits but now LE is saying he isn't their guy..ho hum..

How in the world did he get $30k to bail out of jail?

Whisperer
09-18-2011, 05:33 AM
Last name is spelled Nickell. No, I don't think that is the same guy as his name is spelled Nichols.

Wasn't sure about the spelling but the guy's pic is there. He is a big guy. So if he parked on the left of the house it all makes sense. He may have even parked behind the storage shed.

I have a notion I was wrong about them going to the right of the house...I thought the woods weren't very thick there. So it is highly probable he walked to the left and northward towards the shed area.

JeannieC
09-18-2011, 05:51 AM
His alibi checked out? Wow! I read he is married and I can't pass on what was said about his car because I cannot verify it. It also fits but now LE is saying he isn't their guy..ho hum..

I wonder what his alibi was....his wife?

JeannieC
09-18-2011, 06:15 AM
Wasn't sure about the spelling but the guy's pic is there. He is a big guy. So if he parked on the left of the house it all makes sense. He may have even parked behind the storage shed.

I have a notion I was wrong about them going to the right of the house...I thought the woods weren't very thick there. So it is highly probable he walked to the left and northward towards the shed area.

CB said they walked toward the path that lead to an old logging road. On the map, I believe it is behind the map because of where the searches were. Make the map smaller and you can see all of them and it makes more sense.

Whisperer
09-18-2011, 06:24 AM
So did they go to the left of the house? That is as you are looking at it head on. I'm sorry but CB's account was not clear. All he said was North.

It seems as if the evidence (including the abandoned car) was found around her school.

Is it possible that somebody from her school is involved in this? If they traveled North, that means they traveled on Hwy 40 to approx Hwy 69 which leads to Holly's school.

This Hwy 40 goes to Nashville. Centerville is halfway there and that is where the other victim described a man approaching her in the early morning.

Whisperer
09-18-2011, 06:25 AM
It is so odd to find an abduction in the early morning...just weird. Most criminals prefer the night and most sleep during the early day hours.

Whisperer
09-18-2011, 06:27 AM
All the evidence thrown out on or near the main drag of Parsons. The lunch box not far from huge rock quarry. So this abductor was not in any hurry to continue on Hwy 40 but took a turn onto the main street. Kind of bold, imo. If CB's time is correct, this is the most busiest part of the day in that section of town...crazy!

Whisperer
09-18-2011, 06:31 AM
This, so far, is a very disorganized crime. Taking chance with family at scene, blood at the scene, driving into town at busy hour, throwing evidence on or near the main street. Was the evidence thrown near the school to leave a statement? Is this a student or employee? Or was this a goodbye to nursing school (I'll show you) done by the perp? "You won't need this stuff anymore" type thing.

Whisperer
09-18-2011, 06:47 AM
For JeanneC: The man's name is jason nickell:

Here is some info...scroll down almost half-way. I think I am allowed to link this due to the author.
http://www.examiner.com/missing-persons-in-national/holly-bobo-big-city-crime-comes-to-small-tight-knit-community-safety-tips

JeannieC
09-18-2011, 06:54 AM
So did they go to the left of the house? That is as you are looking at it head on. I'm sorry but CB's account was not clear. All he said was North.

It seems as if the evidence (including the abandoned car) was found around her school.

Is it possible that somebody from her school is involved in this? If they traveled North, that means they traveled on Hwy 40 to approx Hwy 69 which leads to Holly's school.

This Hwy 40 goes to Nashville. Centerville is halfway there and that is where the other victim described a man approaching her in the early morning.

CB said they went down a trail that leads to a logging road. Go to the map and make all the icons fit so you can see all the searches. I believe they went north (because CB said north, I think) and on the map that appears to be at the roof of the icon house which is a search area.

Hope that helps.

JeannieC
09-18-2011, 06:58 AM

He could use property or a house. Construction equip. anything of value.

Oriah
09-18-2011, 08:03 AM
Thanks for reminding me of this FB page. Early on that FB page and the creator of that page - he was referred to as TC here I think - were criticized greatly here and on other Holly Bobo web discussions. I never quite understood why. But I will say that some of the entries I am reading there as part of their reports from this month sound very much like what was written there in May on their wall. It seems they stopped posting on their wall and adding interesting pictures sometime in early summer. Those items are now missing. I really don't understand WHAT that FB page is about to tell you the truth.

The link to "Tactical SAR" on the facebook page is why it was so highly criticized.
That is not LE, and does not represent any LE based searches- but the owner of that page would like people to think that they are.

Please note that the "contact" info provided under the guise of "FBI" and Memphis is completely inaccurate.
The contacts for the Memphis field office can be found at: memphis.fbi.gov.
The phone number is: (901) 747-4300.

The owner of that page couldn't even get the area code right in his/her badly designed forgery. (907) is Alaska.

There is nothing of any validity or usefulness to the "SAR" info on that page. Except for the fraud, of course.

Oriah
09-18-2011, 08:13 AM
It is so odd to find an abduction in the early morning...just weird. Most criminals prefer the night and most sleep during the early day hours.

Crimes occur at all times of the day and night. Kidnappings in the early morning are sadly not uncommon at all.

http://www.icpsr.umich.edu/icpsrweb/NACJD/NCVS/

<According to the NCVS, crime happens at all times of the day and night, though particular crimes exhibit different patterns. Violent crimes occur between 6 A.M. and 6 P.M. in 52.7 percent of cases. Simple assaults occur 57.6 percent of the time during these same hours, as do 42.2 percent of aggravated assaults. Approximately two-thirds (63.2 percent) of rapes/sexual assaults occur at night. Most property crimes occur during the day, except for motor vehicle theft, which occurs 71.7 percent of the time at night.
Crime may also occur in any place. According to the NCVS, in 2002 nearly one-third (31.7 percent) of violent crime incidents occurred at or near the victim's residence. Other common locales for crime were schools (15.1 percent), commercial establishments (11.3 percent), and parking lots and garages (7.6 percent).?>

Much more at link.

TxLady2
09-18-2011, 08:26 AM
I hope that I can explain the dynamics of a small rural community in the south. This by no means refers to the south as a whole but I believe it does apply to Darden Tenn.

I moved from a large city in the north to a large city in the south. I met a guy from a small city, married him and moved to what he referred to as, “God's Country”. Soon after I referred to it as “God Forsaken”. I don't now. There was nothing to do, no where to go, they rolled up the sidewalks at dark!

It was very different for me and I didn't understand anything. Growing up we didn't have family near us so at holidays we were alone.

Suddenly I had his entire family which consisted of his parents, 3 siblings, grandparents on both sides. Thirty-two female first cousins and fifteen male first cousins on one side. Not only that, his father had 7 brothers and 4 sisters and they all lived within hollering distance to his grandmother. His maternal grandparents also lived with his parents.

It gets better, my husband went into the military three days after we were married and left me with his parents. The plan was for me to join him after basic training but, best laid plans of mice and men as the saying goes, I got pregnant right away. DON'T LAUGH!

Next, I wasn't allowed to go with him. He was shipped to another base, trained, and shipped to Korea. I didn't know a sole. I was miserable!

His family was great. They treated me like a daughter. His mother was with me when I had my son. Three and a half days of labor and she stayed by my side. When I went home she hired someone to clean house so she could help with the baby. She worked full time too.

His sister came everyday during lunch and bathed and fed the baby. Everyone was wonderful. I was never treated like an outsider. I was family.

We went to church together and so did most of the other siblings' families. Not all the same churches. After church all my hubby's siblings and sibling in laws came for dinner. It was like Thanksgiving every Sunday.

I had a hard time with people wanting to get to know me. I thought they were being nosy and later realized they cared. When my sister finally had a baby after trying for 10 years my ex's grandmother crocheted a beautiful afghan for the baby. The other one knitted a hat, sweater, and booties. They had only met her once but she was my sister so they claimed her too.

When my husband came home we moved to his Dad's farm. My husband's sister and hubby, and his brother and wife built down the road on the farm land. About a dozen cousins built on the same road.

We were close enough to be neighbors but not close enough to see what went on at each house. Some went to church, some didn't. Most did.

Church was a big part of most of our lives. Church youth groups, camps, slumber parties, vacation bible school. Big meals on special occasions at the church and inviting the preacher and his family to your house for a meal is normal behavior. In a small town (rural community) these things are very important. What else would the children have without the church. Who else would help when someone is ill, in financial need, going through a divorce, or dying if not for the church.

Its not a cult. Its a way of life. People helping people. Children mingling with other children in a safe environment. Giving them a place to go that is safe and fun. Teaching them to socialize. Families living close and being there for each other. Not a cult.

As far as hunting and carrying guns, many do hunt. They eat what they hunt. Its not just for sport but many of them enjoy hunting. I can honestly say I have heard more gunshots in the big cities I have visited and/or worked in than I have heard when I lived on a farm in a rural community. My husband (now ex-husband) never hunted. Most of his cousins did.

As far as the Bobo grandmother saying that was the first night Holly and Clint had spent apart I think I can explain what she meant by that.

It has nothing to do with them sleeping together. My father in law used to stand up when the sun went down and say he was going to bed, regardless of the time. He would say its night time the sun is down, time to go to bed. He was up every morning before the sun came up.

A lot of southerners who come from farms might say, “he came over last night” and it actually means it was dark or close to dark, not night as we might think of it.

Holly's grandmother would NEVER mean they spent the night together as in sleeping together. That would be something she would never talk about even if she suspected it. She meant they saw each other every day and it was dark or dark when he left. Therefore, in her eyes they spent every night together.

I hope this helps and clarifies things so you will have a better understanding of the rural community in Darden as well as the close relationship to the church and the pastor.

One other thing. In smaller communities many pastors lives off the offerings of the church, the church also has to operate off these offerings. It is not unusual to have a minister who works as a house painter, carpenter, sheriff, deputy sheriff, or any number of other things to subsidize his income and take care of his family. LE in small communities don't make a lot of money either so most of those who choose that as a profession want to work in bigger towns or cities. In other words, no one wants to work for free or peanuts.

I hope this helps and sorry it is such a long post. MOO

JeanieC, you've described country life very well. People in small towns come together and support each other in times of need, but they're also there to celebrate with you when good things happen as well. I would take this country life over city life any day!!!

~n/t~
09-18-2011, 08:52 AM
Gosh, if you read the article Whisperer posted, country life as most have described on this thread is not what is being painted for Darden, TN.

Sex offender preachers.
Sex offender locals.
Meth labs.
Pornography.
Stalkers.
Cop shootings.

But yet, people like the Bobos had/have a false sense of security and left/leave their doors unlocked and keys in the car ignition.

Oriah
09-18-2011, 09:57 AM
Gosh, if you read the article Whisperer posted, country life as most have described on this thread is not what is being painted for Darden, TN.

Sex offender preachers.
Sex offender locals.
Meth labs.
Pornography.
Stalkers.
Cop shootings.

But yet, people like the Bobos had/have a false sense of security and left/leave their doors unlocked and keys in the car ignition.

BBM:
Unfortunately, most of the above mentioned crimes exist almost everywhere. Not just Darden, TN.
:(

~n/t~
09-18-2011, 11:30 AM
BBM:
Unfortunately, most of the above mentioned crimes exist almost everywhere. Not just Darden, TN.
:(

Yes I know. The impression given including by Dana Bobo was that it was safe. He left the doors unlocked, keys in the ignition but obviously it's not for the reasons I mentioned above. So although there may be a church at every corner or you go to a local grocery store or wherever thinking everyone knows you and you know everyone, that may not be the case at all.

When I say "you", I don't literally mean you but using it as a general term.

Mr. neighbour may not be the person you thought he was or the preacher of your church or the local meat packer.....as examples.

ETA: Lindsey Baum was mentioned in the article. Remember Sandra Cantu?

Frogzilla
09-18-2011, 11:42 AM

The only thing that LE has said about JN is that he is not the focus of their investigation. Beyond that, not much has been said. Also, I do not believe he was bailed out of jail, I am pretty sure he is still sitting in a cell.

stilettos
09-18-2011, 12:34 PM

Sex offender preachers.
Sex offender locals.
Meth labs.
Pornography.
Stalkers.
Cop shootings.

Oh those crimes happen here in my little two red-light mountain town too..but people still leave their keys in the car at the local drugstore and homes unlocked...of course they also have shotguns and carry permits. We just had a local county Sherriff's Officer arrested for childporn. He is in jail...but when he gets out he will leave town because he cannot show his face. No one will serve him in a restaurant nor will he be sold groceries or anything else...he will be sternly but quietly "advised" to leave the property. He will move. BTW - all my doors are locked all the time. Lived in Miami before coming home and I don't trust ANYONE.

OldSteve
09-18-2011, 01:44 PM
Crimes occur at all times of the day and night. Kidnappings in the early morning are sadly not uncommon at all.

<According to the NCVS, crime happens at all times of the day and night, though particular crimes exhibit different patterns. Violent crimes occur between 6 A.M. and 6 P.M. in 52.7 percent of cases. Simple assaults occur 57.6 percent of the time during these same hours, as do 42.2 percent of aggravated assaults. Approximately two-thirds (63.2 percent) of rapes/sexual assaults occur at night. Most property crimes occur during the day, except for motor vehicle theft, which occurs 71.7 percent of the time at night.
Crime may also occur in any place. According to the NCVS, in 2002 nearly one-third (31.7 percent) of violent crime incidents occurred at or near the victim's residence. Other common locales for crime were schools (15.1 percent), commercial establishments (11.3 percent), and parking lots and garages (7.6 percent).?>

Much more at link.

Thanks for these statistics!

BBM - considering that's the most likely reason for this abduction, then I agree with Whisperer that it's an odd time.

JeannieC
09-18-2011, 02:03 PM

BBM - considering that's the most likely reason for this abduction, then I agree with Whisperer that it's an odd time.

Night would seem like the best time but there were 2 men in the house with guns readily available. The best time to abduct Holly was when the men weren't home and neither was her mother.

Advocate1
09-18-2011, 02:58 PM
I would like to tackle this one and add to the post about southern country living.
I am from Seattle WA born and raised. There is nothing small about where I come from at all. I went to college at UW and lived it up. I met a guy through friends that was from a small town in Texas and after much consideration moved to be with him. I loved and hated it. The dynamics of the cultures was LITERALLY night and day. We lived in a town with one has station and one grocery store owned by the same family. We were in our 20's with no children. His family was in LE and owned about half the town, really.
Our lives revolved around church, camping, Sunday Football, and family gatherings.
A few things that blew my mind...
- I got a ticket on the interstate for speeding and when my husband found out it took one phone call to Daddy and my ticket disappeared.
- We were having issues getting approved for a home loan because we had little credit. Father in law made a call to the bank and 2 days later we had the loan with no co-signer as Daddy's word was enough for the bank!
- I could not believe how many young girls (18) were married and pregnant. I was way behind.
- Our in laws pretty much had control over my husband. Their influence was just known.
- It was no secret who was the druggies in town. It was also common knowledge that the good ole boys ran the town not LE.

Who your Daddy or Papa were could make a world of difference.
Money is only one way to hold influence in a small town.
Position of authority are were its at though.
One learns a lot about corruption, influence, and manipulation in a small southern town.

Sex offender preachers.
Sex offender locals.
Meth labs.
Pornography.
Stalkers.
Cop shootings.

Oriah
09-18-2011, 03:01 PM

Check the stats further. Abductions in the wee and early hrs of the morning are unfortunately not uncommon. Especially in young adults- and in particular, females. (Not that I am a huge fan of statistics- but it is worth reading.)
Add to that, this was a violent crime. Stats go up. And if this was in fact someone who knew Holly's schedule or routine- it climbs even more.

I do not find it an odd time at all. Sadly, there is no odd time for kidnappings. :(

Morag
09-18-2011, 04:01 PM
I haven't followed this story too carefully, but I do think about the various things I've read. I am still hung up on the fact that Holly and the perp were kneeling in the carport/garage. Can anyone give me any reason why an abductor would stop in the middle of his crime to kneel? Wouldn't that just delay his getaway? And apparently there was no turkey to be admiring! I still wonder if they were praying.

JeannieC, I loved your description of family-oriented Southern life in a small town. I have observed such in small town New England, as well (minus the delicious home cooking).

JeannieC
09-18-2011, 04:09 PM
I haven't followed this story too carefully, but I do think about the various things I've read. I am still hung up on the fact that Holly and the perp were kneeling in the carport/garage. Can anyone give me any reason why an abductor would stop in the middle of his crime to kneel? Wouldn't that just delay his getaway? And apparently there was no turkey to be admiring! I still wonder if they were praying.

JeannieC, I loved your description of family-oriented Southern life in a small town. I have observed such in small town New England, as well (minus the delicious home cooking).

Hey, there are some really good cooks in New England too. I have an old recipe book from a church called New England Cooking. Scratch cooking and I love it. Only problem is I don't have anyone to share all that food with me so I don't cook it anymore. Clam Chowder to die for! Can't get it from a can!

~n/t~
09-18-2011, 04:56 PM

The abductor may not have been kneeling. It could've been Holly begging for her life and he might have been over her telling her to get up. If she didn't comply, that's when he struck her or she got injured resulting in the blood on the ground. She may have gotten frightened at that point and complied with the perp and walked with him into the woods.

All speculation and one of many theories.

Whisperer
09-18-2011, 05:00 PM

[/COLOR][/LEFT]

I agree about the kidnappings (small children) would happen early morning because many are family members doing the crime. I am speaking of stranger crimes and opportunists...who aren't seeking children. Your typical home-grown criminal doesn't usually get up @ 6:00am and start his day of crime.

I am referring to strangers. This man who acosted this woman in Centerville is an oddball, imo. I don't hear very often people being startled or attemped violent crime at 6:00am...this is my opinion. That is why this man in centerville is interesting. This was also another disorgainized crime. It tells me there may be a psychotic component to the behavior.

wishuwerehere
09-18-2011, 05:10 PM
I would like to thank JeannieC for her telling experience and description of small town southern living, as well as Advocate1’s experience and description of same. IMO, both give accurate depictions of small town living.

Also, I think Oriah’s statement is very important to THIS case:
snipped:

Missing persons are like a cancer. They spare no demographic.

Often, finding them means putting aside pre-conceived notions of a demographic.

SAR 101! :)
BBM

This is by far one of the strangest cases I have ever seen. Regardless of LE’s lack of updated info provided, I hope Holly is found and justice is served.

moo

Whisperer
09-18-2011, 05:15 PM
The throwing of evidence in the main part of town and near Holly's school, Dana, karen and Clint's work/school is another unusual behavior. This may have been a comfortable area for the perp. I see LE tells us the abandoned car is not related but that was also nearby. Did they switch vehicles at this point?

Didn't they get any prints or DNA from the evidence? If not, then the whole thing takes another turn.

It is time for the Bobos to do another presser/interview clarifying their thoughts. I won't hold my breath.

wishuwerehere
09-18-2011, 05:18 PM
The throwing of evidence in the main part of town and near Holly's school, Dana, karen and Clint's work/school is another unusual behavior. This may have been a comfortable area for the perp.

Didn't they get any prints or DNA from the evidence? If not, then the whole thing takes another turn.

How in the world did she manage to take her stuff w/her when she was in the middle of a violent crime? This makes no sense. Her walking towards the woods with the perp, carrying her stuff doesn't fit.

BBM - This perplexes me, but it also gives me the heebie jeebies. It almost seems like it is a shout out from the perp.

moo

Whisperer
09-18-2011, 05:23 PM
I would like to thank JeannieC for her telling experience and description of small town southern living, as well as Advocate1’s experience and description of same. IMO, both give accurate depictions of small town living.

Also, I think Oriah’s statement is very important to THIS case:
snipped:

BBM

This is by far one of the strangest cases I have ever seen. Regardless of LE’s lack of updated info provided, I hope Holly is found and justice is served.

moo

It's probably not strange at all. It may not even be complicated. We are being left in the dark. We have one eye witness but statements have many holes. If we can't see through his words what he saw, that confuses us.

It appears to be common nowadays with LE giving no info. Once someone lawyers up, the case is over unless they locate a body..sad to say. Criminals are getting better @ hiding bodies too...and we are becoming more and more politically correct when it comes to the possible perps..not allowed to use the word "suspect". It won't be long before the word "POI" is removed. LE can't work like they used to, thanks to criminal defense attorneys.

TxLady2
09-18-2011, 05:25 PM
It's not safe anywhere anymore... small town or large city. I used to know practically everybody here, but now I can't go to the grocery store and recognize a dozen people, they are almost all strangers to me. People from the larger towns have moved to the smaller towns around us, because the taxes are not as high.
Normally we never lock our doors, but if I'm home by myself after dark, I lock them... can't trust anybody anymore. Small town America is not like it used to be, crime has moved to the country. There was a murder here in my hometown several years ago... something I had never seen here in my whole life. And somebody stole our lawnmower a few years ago... can you imagine not being able to leave your lawnmower sitting in the yard? So my husband bought a riding mower and built a shed to put it in. Let's see them try to steal that!!!

~n/t~
09-18-2011, 05:33 PM
The throwing of evidence in the main part of town and near Holly's school, Dana, karen and Clint's work/school is another unusual behavior. This may have been a comfortable area for the perp. I see LE tells us the abandoned car is not related but that was also nearby. Did they switch vehicles at this point?

It is time for the Bobos to do another presser/interview clarifying their thoughts. I won't hold my breath.

What evidence? The lunch bag/box? That's the only item that was confirmed. Can we talk about other evidence supposedly found? I'm never sure what can or can't be discussed on this thread. :denied:

wishuwerehere
09-18-2011, 05:37 PM
What evidence? The lunch bag/box? That's the only item that was confirmed. Can we talk about other evidence supposedly found? I'm never sure what can or can't be discussed on this thread. :denied:

I thought the lunch pack/box was found on the side of the road, near the Bobo property? Please confirm if you know. TIA.

~n/t~
09-18-2011, 05:41 PM
It's not safe anywhere anymore... small town or large city. I used to know practically everybody here, but now I can't go to the grocery store and recognize a dozen people, they are almost all strangers to me. People from the larger towns have moved to the smaller towns around us, because the taxes are not as high.
Normally we never lock our doors, but if I'm home by myself after dark, I lock them... can't trust anybody anymore. Small town America is not like it used to be, crime has moved to the country. There was a murder here in my hometown several years ago... something I had never seen here in my whole life. And somebody stole our lawnmower a few years ago... can you imagine not being able to leave your lawnmower sitting in the yard? So my husband bought a riding mower and built a shed to put it in. Let's see them try to steal that!!!

I've been saying that for years. Sadly, some small towns still have a false sense of security and it seems more and more sex offenders target these areas.

Also, I think most of us who follow crime message boards are more aware (perhaps even paranoid) than most.

I live in a big city. When I see a child walking to school alone or waiting at the bus stop alone, I cringe and think WTH are parents thinking? Many of my friends and coworkers walk or jog alone at night. I tell them over and over again to be careful or to carry pepper spray. They think I'm nuts. :innocent:

~n/t~
09-18-2011, 05:43 PM
I thought the lunch pack/box was found on the side of the road, near the Bobo property? Please confirm if you know. TIA.

Lunchbox discovered in a creek eight miles from her home

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1377604/Searchers-missing-Holly-Bobos-lunchbox.html

wishuwerehere
09-18-2011, 05:44 PM
Also regarding Holly's lunch pack - Why did the perp "throw it out" after abducting Holly? Why didn't he just demand she leave her belongings in the carport?

~n/t~
09-18-2011, 05:48 PM
Also regarding Holly's lunch pack - Why did the perp "throw it out" after abducting Holly? Why didn't he just demand she leave her belongings in the carport?

I think it was planted. I honestly don't see Holly carrying her lunchbox and walking side by side with the perp. Unless the perp wanted it done on purpose so it would look less suspicious if someone saw them. Example: Clint

Whisperer
09-18-2011, 05:51 PM

I am looking at the map and it shows it being found close to Hwy 69 in parsons. I think water runs through most areas there. She didn't live far from school. The town of Parsons looks to be about 6-8 miles from the house.

...if I interpreted the map wrong, I stand corrected.

Whisperer
09-18-2011, 05:54 PM
Is there a student that Holly ever rode to school with? She's out in the boonies. Maybe there are others living even further away and they carpooled into town. Lots of nursing students become close in school. Relationships develop. Is there a male nurse that was obsessed w/Holly?

Whisperer
09-18-2011, 05:58 PM
The fact that they drove off, went to town and threw stuff around is interesting. We don't know if Holly was with him at the time but it is possible.

It appears from what I'm reading that we only have it here as a lunchbox, but I have read there were other items...since it isn't verified by LE, I suppose we are not allowed to talk about them. LE is going to scale down what they know, not give out more. Dollars to donuts, they probably didn't like Dana telling about Holly's blood. I'm glad he did.

Whisperer
09-18-2011, 06:00 PM
IIRC, Clint described the blood as a small puddle. That in itself is interesting, clue wise. There should have been drops elsewhere in that carport, otherwise the wound was covered with something.

If you are standing by your car, facing it, about to open the door and are attacked from behind and cut, what would cause a small puddle of blood to fall?

I am going on the assumption, she was approached getting into her car, holding a coke can, taking it with her for the drive to stay awake as she had a long night.

wishuwerehere
09-18-2011, 06:05 PM
I’ve narrowed it down to this possible list of people who at some point, if not already, could be eliminated by LE in any case:

1. Family member
2. Close family friend
3. School chum
4. Church fellow
5. Sex offender/stranger - drifter
6. Sex offender/townsperson
7. Friend of a friend (the jealousy bent)

I would like to get some input on eliminating some possibilities. Any thoughts?
(Please Note: The above list is not in any particular order.)

wishuwerehere
09-18-2011, 06:25 PM
I guess I cleared the thread with that request.

JeannieC
09-18-2011, 06:59 PM
IIRC, Clint described the blood as a small puddle. That in itself is interesting, clue wise. There should have been drops elsewhere in that carport, otherwise the wound was covered with something.

If you are standing by your car, facing it, about to open the door and are attacked from behind and cut, what would cause a small puddle of blood to fall?
I am going on the assumption, she was approached getting into her car, holding a coke can, taking it with her for the drive to stay awake as she had a long night.

BBM Maybe a nose bleed or head injury.

~n/t~
09-18-2011, 07:33 PM
I’ve narrowed it down to this possible list of people who at some point, if not already, could be eliminated by LE in any case:

1. Family member
2. Close family friend
3. School chum
4. Church fellow

I think they cleared all registered sex offenders in the area or at least spoken to them.

As for the rest on your list, all still possibilities considering nobody has been cleared.

I'd like to point out one interesting fact, however, that even though a sex offender has a registered address doesn't necessarily mean that is where they live. After following Amber Dubois case (some of my friends think obsessed), we know there are some very serious issues/flaws with the judicial system when it comes to RSO's. For example, the rating system. If the RSO is rated medium low, the chances of him being monitored are slim to none. In Amber's case, Gardner was rated medium low and he raped and murdered two beautiful young girls. His address was his grandmother's but lived with his mom.

All that said, in my gut, I believe the perp in Holly's case is someone close. :twocents:

ETA: I'd like to add that my comment regarding flaws in the system is in no way meant to criticize but to help understand and hope one day all States will have a better system. IIRC, Chelsea King's Law was put in place not long after her murder. At least in the US , the public can locate RSO. We have nothing up here in Canada. My neighbour could be a RSO and I wouldn't know.

~n/t~
09-18-2011, 07:38 PM
Wonder why some cases attract us more than others? This case is another one that is on my mind constantly. Strange. Wish I knew why.

Whisperer
09-18-2011, 07:40 PM
I guess I cleared the thread with that request.
I thought I was the Queen of thread clearance. Glad to know I have competition..:floorlaugh:

Whisperer
09-18-2011, 07:41 PM
One thing is for sure, the Bobos are never low on fund raisers. Even Vince Gill was in one recently. I know a Motorcycle club gave a large donation in the past month. They are planning another big one in two weeks. Somebody tell me this isn't odd. The reward is high enough. Where is all this money going?

http://www.wkrn.com/story/15262907/holly-bobo-search-marks-four-months?clienttype=printable

Whisperer
09-18-2011, 07:50 PM

1. Family member
2. Close family friend
3. School chum
4. Church fellow

The strangest thing in this case is the blood. I have not seen SO's make the victim bleed before they took them. I get the impression this perp was in a rage when with Holly. It could be an SO (like nickell) though. It seems peculiar of a stranger getting in a rage when planning an abduction, unless psychotic.

By looking at nickell, he was getting more brazen as time went on. He also has a record in TX of indecent exposure ten years ago. So he is upping the anty.

~n/t~
09-18-2011, 08:00 PM
One thing is for sure, the Bobos are never low on fund raisers. Even Vince Gill was in one recently. I know a Motorcycle club gave a large donation in the past month. They are planning another big one in two weeks. Somebody tell me this isn't odd. The reward is high enough. Where is all this money going?

http://www.wkrn.com/story/15262907/holly-bobo-search-marks-four-months?clienttype=printable

Living expenses and searches according to Karen. I haven't seen any plans for an organized search though. Maybe locals are still doing them on their own?

~n/t~
09-18-2011, 08:02 PM
The strangest thing in this case is the blood. I have not seen SO's make the victim bleed before they took them. I get the impression this perp was in a rage when with Holly. It could be an SO (like nickell) though. It seems peculiar of a stranger getting in a rage when planning an abduction, unless psychotic.

By looking at nickell, he was getting more brazen as time went on. He also has a record in TX of indecent exposure ten years ago. So he is upping the anty.

What I don't understand is the perp parking his car a distance away from the home when he could've just driven up to the house abducted Holly and taken off. Why risk having to walk to the car, if that's where he took her?

Whisperer
09-18-2011, 08:03 PM
Jason Nickell:

http://www.abc24.com/mostpopular/story/Sex-Offender-Charged-With-Stalking-Two-Women-In/cElnYpEyLEWAxwVHnaZkDQ.cspx

Whisperer
09-18-2011, 08:04 PM
What I don't understand is the perp parking his car a distance away from the home when he could've just driven up to the house abducted Holly and taken off. Why risk having to walk to the car, if that's where he took her?

Great Point!

Whisperer
09-18-2011, 08:05 PM
Anybody in that town have an attorney yet?

~n/t~
09-18-2011, 08:07 PM
If the perp's car was parked on a main road, wouldn't that have been more noticeable than driving up and taking off ?

Instead we have a perp who took the time to walk from his car through the woods, talk to Holly, injure her (if the injury/blood was a result of an attack), walk with her back to his car and drop items on the way there?

Plumeria5
09-18-2011, 08:09 PM

1. Family member
2. Close family friend
3. School chum
4. Church fellow

Good list, Wishuwerehere. MPO is that #5 could be eliminated as whoever it was seemed to know Holly's schedule. I think it is doubtful he/they/she staked out the house of a total stranger. My:twocents: Also I agree with nt that it is someone close. I feel she was trying to talk the person out of it and most likely it was someone she knew. That's why she didn't scream her head off, yell for Clint, or keep screaming.

~n/t~
09-18-2011, 08:10 PM
Anybody in that town have an attorney yet?

I think the preacher who is the sherriff and spokesperson is also an attorney. :floorlaugh:

Just kidding. No attornies yet as far as I know.

Plumeria5
09-18-2011, 08:12 PM
I think the preacher who is the sherriff and spokesperson is also an attorney. :floorlaugh:

Just kidding. No attornies yet as far as I know.

In a small town I guess you wear a lot of HATS!

HMSHood
09-18-2011, 08:21 PM

1. Family member
2. Close family friend
3. School chum
4. Church fellow

I think Holly Bobo likely knew her attacker, likely a friend or acquaintance.

Plumeria5
09-18-2011, 08:26 PM

1. Family member
2. Close family friend
3. School chum
4. Church fellow

Ok now that we have a list of possible suspects I thought the next step could be to put the reason each might want to take/harm Holly.

1. jealousy, an accident, Holly knew something incriminating and might tell her parents
2. jealousy, Holly knew something incriminating about someone, grudge against family
3. jealousy, Holly wouldn't date them, ex of DS, predator
4. predator, wanted to get back at the family for something
5 n/a
6. n/a
7. jealousy, wanted to get back at DS or CB, Holly wouldn't date

Whisperer
09-18-2011, 08:28 PM
It makes no sense that the Perp parks his car far away...through the woods.

I need to see the house and back windows. Was Clint in the kitchen throughout this whole ordeal? I would think the carport is adjacent to the kitchen as was the garage...which was converted. It is possible they have window/doorway looking into garage. I would think there was a window on opposite wall looking out back (North). They must have added the carport which would have made the kitchen dark.

I know that you need light to see silhouettes, shadows. The carport is open, not enclosed. Clint would have the light on in the kitchen (I think) and that would eliminate seeing shadows through the window. Somebody outside would see him (as a shilouette) but not vice-versa. The light source should be with Holly but she was in a carport. Next thing I know somebody's going to tell me they had lights in the carport. It was daylight though...but the carport being covered would not emit shadows imo.

The converted garage would, however.

TGIRecovered
09-18-2011, 08:47 PM
Ok now that we have a list of possible suspects I thought the next step could be to put the reason each might want to take/harm Holly.

1. jealousy, an accident, Holly knew something incriminating and might tell her parents
2. jealousy, Holly knew something incriminating about someone, grudge against family
3. jealousy, Holly wouldn't date them, ex of DS, predator
4. predator, wanted to get back at the family for something
5 n/a
6. n/a
7. jealousy, wanted to get back at DS or CB, Holly wouldn't date

What about someone other than DS ex-girlfriend who was jealous of the time DS was spending with Holly? Someone like a brother or best bud who
had no sexual interest in DS but was overly attached, emotionally dependent? Did any member of DS family resent the time he was spending with Holly?

Plumeria5
09-18-2011, 08:50 PM
What about someone other than DS ex-girlfriend who was jealous of the time DS was spending with Holly? Someone like a brother or best bud who
had no sexual interest in DS but was overly attached, emotionally dependant? Did any member of DS family resent the time he was spending with Holly?

Good idea. Never thought of that angle.

TGIRecovered
09-18-2011, 09:12 PM
Good idea. Never thought of that angle.

I ran into one of that type way back when. He was the younger brother of a former boyfriend. Idolized his big brother and absolutely hated me. I wouldn't be surprised if he has ended up in prison by now...he was one angry kid! I am glad that was long ago and far away, 'cause I'm sure he still holds a grudge!

Plumeria5
09-18-2011, 09:17 PM
I ran into one of that type way back when. He was the younger brother of a former boyfriend. Idolized his big brother and absolutely hated me. I wouldn't be surprised if he has ended up in prison by now...he was one angry kid! I am glad that was long ago and far away, 'cause I'm sure he still holds a grudge!

IKWYM. I was bullied by a neighbor daily on the way home from school. My parents thought I was overreacting at the time. Not long ago he made the news. Got jealous of a friend because he thought he was making advances towards his wife. Police found the neighbor buried in the grown-up bully's yard. He had shot him and buried him. Scary!! Goes to show you really don't know what people are capable of!!!

TGIRecovered
09-18-2011, 09:20 PM
Yikes Plumeria! I'm glad he got caught!

Plumeria5
09-18-2011, 09:33 PM
Yikes Plumeria! I'm glad he got caught!

Yes! And I forgot to add...he was my best friend's brother!!

Advocate1
09-18-2011, 11:41 PM
I am right there with you. It doesn't make any sense.
I have always thought he pulled into the driveway and hid the vehicle on the side of the house near the woods. I would even go as far as he backed in for a quick get away. Let's think about this. She lives out in the backwoods in TN. This guy went and abducted her in broad daylight in the busiest hour of the morning. Not to mention it was turkey season. His vehicle on her road would be suspicious and he would be a idiot to attempt to put her on a 4 wheeler and drive through the woods with men out turkey hunting. So in my mind its only logical that he entered and exited her driveway. His only chance of being seen would be upon entering and exiting as you can't see anything from the road. This was a might ballzy abduction in my opinion. This perp thought he had it all figured out and just needed to show up MOO. This says two things to me as for a profile. 1. He was very familiar with Holly/family and it would not be a big deal if he was seen on the property or 2. Someone else did the homework and essentially "just showed up."

SmoothOperator
09-18-2011, 11:42 PM
Here's a diagram done by Carla(thanks again:)) that gives us a good representation of the layout as well as may better help see the direction they walked to.. Read post below diagram as it explains the drawing and direction of them walking..

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s290/slinky_chixx/Bobohouse.jpg

In the lower drawing, I indicate what I think is the car port with #1. I have drawn it as being open with the roof being supported by posts. This is a guess on my part. There is an aerial photo of the opposide side of this structure, facing towards the pool (#5) which shows it to be open and supported by posts. I made the assumption that it is open on both sides but am not sure. I would guess there is a door up under the roof to the back of the house or into the back of the garage. The garage is #2. I do not know if there is a window on the South side of the house or garage. I have not found any photos of this at all. So I left them blank. There is a long window on the end of the garage and it is at a higher level than the window on the North side of the garage (not shown here but shown in the top drawing). #3 is the long driveway to Swan Johnson road and #4 is roughly North, the direction Clint said Holly and camo man were walking when he last saw them.

The top drawing shows mostly the long front of the living area of the house. It has two doors. The main front door seems to be the one in the corner by the garage, and that door has six vertical windows beside it. The door seems to be solid, or if it has windows they are covered on the inside and don't show up in the aerial photo. THere are four windows along the front of the house. There is one window on each visible side of the garage. I have no photos of the back of the garage or the far side of the house.

I did not indicate any of the shrubbery around the house .

This is a GUESS on my part but the original house was L shaped and someone at some point enclosed the garage to add to the living space of the house itself, and added the car port to the back, resulting in a T shaped building.

Advocate1
09-18-2011, 11:54 PM
I always assumed it was one of those over the shoulder sling style bags college kids wear. I recall they were telling searchers to look for all kinds of personal items and books. I really don't see it making any sense for her to have her lunch bag with her and not her purse. They never said anything publically about what belongings she would have with her or what items they found besides the lunch bag. It make sense to me that it would be a sling school bag that doubled as her lunch bag/purse on school days. Although he makes you wonder if the lunch was in a seperate bag inside the bigger bag or they just found the whole bag and called it a lunch bag because her lunch was in it.

I think it was planted. I honestly don't see Holly carrying her lunchbox and walking side by side with the perp. Unless the perp wanted it done on purpose so it would look less suspicious if someone saw them. Example: Clint

Advocate1
09-19-2011, 12:15 AM
Great drawing!
From this drawing I definently think the perp took her to the right to where he had a vehicle stashed.

Here's a diagram done by Carla(thanks again:)) that gives us a good representation of the layout as well as may better help see the direction they walked to.. Read post below diagram as it explains the drawing and direction of them walking..

goldiegirl
09-19-2011, 12:44 AM
I don't think the morning is so strange if you think about it, because it's the time when the perp knew she'd be coming out of the house. Any other time (middle of the night, for example), he'd have to go in through a window or find some way to be let inside. That seems much riskier than just waiting for her to come out. That way, you also know what you're getting into before you pounce (makes me feel like a creep to say that)- you can see whether or not she comes out with another person, a dog, how easy of a target she'll be, etc., but you're taking a bigger risk going inside, not to mention the possibility of leaving a lot more evidence. Whether it was someone who knew her personally or just knew that there was a pretty girl living there, waiting in the morning seems logical to me.

Also just wanted to mention again that when DS's grandmother said it was the first night they had been apart, she was referring to the night AFTER Holly went missing - not the night before.

JeannieC
09-19-2011, 01:08 AM

SmoothOperator, great job. I have one thing that I believe differs from your drawing. I saw a picture of the back of the house somewhere on a previous thread. The carport in the back doesn't go to the end of the house. There is a back door (a single door) at the end but it doesn't have any kind of cover over it. I wondered if it could be a laundry or mud room.

That might have been the door Holly went out to go to her car or there could be another door that exits into the carport.

I wonder if the picture is in the info thread.

Great job

Plumeria5
09-19-2011, 02:27 AM
http://*****************/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474980333712

Jason Nickell sentenced.

JeannieC
09-19-2011, 02:46 AM

Jason Nickell sentenced.

I still believe this man had something to do with her abduction. It is so strange. Demolished a car? I wonder if LE was able to recover any part of the car.

I just saw this article and it has a picture of Holly with her sister. I didn't know she had a sister.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2022708/Sex-offender-arrested-disappearance-young-nursing-student-Holly-Bobo.html

Plumeria5
09-19-2011, 02:55 AM
I still believe this man had something to do with her abduction. It is so strange. Demolished a car? I wonder if LE was able to recover any part of the car.

I just saw this article and it has a picture of Holly with her sister. I didn't know she had a sister.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2022708/Sex-offender-arrested-disappearance-young-nursing-student-Holly-Bobo.html

Jeannie, it is an error. Holly doesn't have a sister. I think that is her cousin.

JeannieC
09-19-2011, 02:58 AM
Jeannie, it is an error. Holly doesn't have a sister. I think that is her cousin.

I wondered! Thanks. It blew me away. I thought how could she have a sister and this never be mentioned......:floorlaugh:

Plumeria5
09-19-2011, 03:07 AM
I wondered! Thanks. It blew me away. I thought how could she have a sister and this never be mentioned......:floorlaugh:

I know! And for the longest time the news media kept posting pictures of Holly and Drew saying it was her brother. Very confusing! We are already confused enough!!:woohoo:

JeannieC
09-19-2011, 03:29 AM
I know! And for the longest time the news media kept posting pictures of Holly and Drew saying it was her brother. Very confusing! We are already confused enough!!:woohoo:

That must be why I thought I had never seen a picture of Drew. At this point it's like Drewwho..........

Never see him or hear anything about him. I wonder how he is handling this. I also wonder if he still talks(texts) to KB everyday.

Plumeria5
09-19-2011, 03:31 AM
That must be why I thought I had never seen a picture of Drew. At this point it's like Drewwho..........

Never see him or hear anything about him. I wonder how he is handling this. I also wonder if he still talks(texts) to KB everyday.

Karen says they text each night. Wonder what they say?

Oops! Didn't see you wrote the same thing about texting/talking.

wishuwerehere
09-19-2011, 01:32 PM

Jason Nickell sentenced.

In a Channel 5 interview Karen Bobo had stated she was shown a sketch of the possible perp, but stated, "It didn't look anything like him."

I'm wondering if it was a sketch of Jason Everett Nickell or Victor George Wall.

According to Clint's description, it would seem that Jason Nickell would match more of his description more than Wall.

Plumeria5
09-19-2011, 01:58 PM
In a Channel 5 interview Karen Bobo had stated she was shown a sketch of the possible perp, but stated, "It didn't look anything like him."

I'm wondering if it was a sketch of Jason Everett Nickell or Victor George Wall.

According to Clint's description, it would seem that Jason Nickell would match more of his description more than Wall.

Does anyone besides me find Karen's statement a little odd? Nickell is 6 foot 210 pounds. Clint said the guy was 5'10-6 foot and what was it 180-200 pounds? Nickell fits very close to that description. If Clint only saw silhouettes and then the back of them when they were walking how would it not look anything like him?? Strange.

concentric
09-19-2011, 03:01 PM
Does anyone besides me find Karen's statement a little odd? Nickell is 6 foot 210 pounds. Clint said the guy was 5'10-6 foot and what was it 180-200 pounds? Nickell fits very close to that description. If Clint only saw silhouettes and then the back of them when they were walking how would it not look anything like him?? Strange.

Good point. I agree with you. What features does Karen know about that would rule this guy out and another possible perp. in, given the facts about the height/weight?

I've listed some other possibilities; however, there is no way for further comparison until we get more than height and weight.

Plumeria5
09-19-2011, 03:04 PM
Good point. I agree with you. What features does Karen know about that would rule this guy out and another possible perp. in, given the facts about the height/weight?

I've listed some other possibilities; however, there is no way for further comparison until we get more than height and weight.

Yes, what else does Karen know? I guess I missed your list of other possibilities. Could you post them again? Thanks Concentric!

goldiegirl
09-19-2011, 03:31 PM

How on earth does she know what the perp looked like? I hope they showed it to Clint, too.

Advocate1
09-19-2011, 03:43 PM
Just catching up. She doesn't have a sister. I believe that is her cousin.

Advocate1
09-19-2011, 03:58 PM
That's interesting due to the fact there is no description of the perp besides a back view of a man in camo that's about 5'10-6'0 and 180-200lbs.
We don't even know what color the mans hair is or if he was wearing a hat.

Nothing about this case makes a lick of sense and it really is getting old.
She has been missing 5 months now and the silence is defeaning.

Advocate1
09-19-2011, 04:38 PM
It doesn't make sense.
NOTHING about this case makes sense.
How can this man look "nothing like" the faceless camo man? He fits the physical description and last I checked that's all Clint was able to give as he only saw him from behind.
There is just to many inconsistences involved for this case to make sense. Who is Holly Bobo's advocate? Who is really trying to bring her home? Its pretty bad when we can't even get a straight answer as to how she was even kidnapped (leading her or not, holding her by the arm or not.)

I am not inclined to believe LE or the family at this point.
The abduction was supposedly reported wrong to begin with due to some "miscommunication" which came from either Clint or LE.
Unless TBI is in the habit of releasing PR from media information. I think not.
TBI had 2 days to get the story straight before clarifying it.
Clint says that he never said the words dragged or lead. In fact he says the suspect was not even touching Holly so what gives?

Who is lying?

This IS imoortant to know because both these two parties are crucially in finding Holly and by all appearences one of them is standing behind false information and preventing this investigation from progressing or this is all smoke and mirrors.

Which is it?

SmoothOperator
09-19-2011, 04:42 PM
Just another very strange and inconsistent statement to add to all the very many others.. Karen stating that the sketch that was shown looked nothing like the abductor of Holly.. So, of course first of all it makes no sense for her to make this statement due to her never having seen the perp who abducted Holly.. How could she have known or have been able to make a statement that it looked nothing like the perp.. Secondly, who exactly would have been the person to have given the description of the perp in order to make the sketch?? Would it not have to have been Clint who gave the description for the sketch?? Right?? He is the only person that according to the Accts we have been given, it is only Clint who had any visual whatsoever of the perp.. So would it not have to be Clint that gave the details for the sketch??

Which leads to the last point of with it being only Clint who would have been able to give the description for the sketch.. If he is giving the details how then does the sketch look nothing like the perp?? Does that make sense?? With Clint giving the artist each detail that he can to have the artist then incorporate into the sketch..
How then does the sketch look nothing like the perp?? It does not make sense if things are as we have been told they would be.. As Clint would only actually be able to give at best descriptions that are not detailed as he never saw the face.. He may could give head shape, hair color, and a few other details, but whatever the face that was drawn in the sketch how could Clint, and especially Karen, with neither having ever saw the face of the perp how could Clint even be able to make the statememnt that the sketch looked nothing like the perp, much less Karen make this statement..

** just wanted to make sure to reiterate that I just brought forward Carla's drawing and post from thread 26 of the Bobo residence.. Much thanks again, Carla!

concentric
09-19-2011, 05:44 PM
Yes, what else does Karen know? I guess I missed your list of other possibilities. Could you post them again? Thanks Concentric!

http://www.usmarshals.gov/investigations/most_wanted/hiers/poster.htm

and,

Who kidnapped this guy? Or, what the heck happened?

http://www.wbir.com/news/article/166941/2/Missing-man-found-in-Smokies-said-he-escaped-kidnappers

plaidmom
09-19-2011, 06:59 PM
Has this mystery sketch of the suspected perp ever been released to the public?

Advocate1
09-19-2011, 07:05 PM
Yeah this case about the 20yr old who says he was kidnapped is suspicios.
The kid was found in the mountains in another state for crying out loud and his dad was a cop. That's quite the hoax.

and,

http://www.wbir.com/news/article/166941/2/Missing-man-found-in-Smokies-said-he-escaped-kidnappers

SmoothOperator
09-19-2011, 07:31 PM
To my knowledge, no, the sketch was never released to the public.. What all do we know about this sketch? Is there more spoken about the sketch in other interviews? Or is it only in the the one of channel five that's posted upthread where Karen says the sketch looks nothing like the perp.. Is that the only reference we have about the sketch's existence or is it mentioned other times??

cluciano63
09-19-2011, 07:48 PM
To my knowledge, no, the sketch was never released to the public.. What all do we know about this sketch? Is there more spoken about the sketch in other interviews? Or is it only in the the one of channel five that's posted upthread where Karen says the sketch looks nothing like the perp.. Is that the only reference we have about the sketch's existence or is it mentioned other times??

That is the only time I am aware of.

I do not usually encourage examiner.com but I do wish the family would grant an interview to the writer who has been pursuing this story...at least she would ask a lot of the questions we are asking...and maybe wait long enough for an answer that makes sense and is complete...

plaidmom
09-19-2011, 07:59 PM

So CB is our only eyewitness to the crime. He claims to have seen "silhouettes" and the back of a male dressed in camo.

KB claims to have seen a sketch of this suspected perp.

What, exactly, would that sketch look like based on CB's account of that morning??? I am confused.

If a true sketch of the perp exists, let's assume for the moment that KB is telling the truth, it means that either a)CB is lying (on camera and to the public) and saw more than is being released. He may have told the truth to LE and the sketch was made from that info or B) We have a second eyewitness. Someone who saw the suspect's face.

The second issue, for me, is why a sketch of a suspect wouldn't be released to the public. IF LE thought they had a random/stranger abduction on their hands I do believe they would have released the sketch. If not to help find Holly, certainly as a general public-safety measure.

Also, do you think KB slipped up about even mentioning the sketch on camera?

Curiouser and curiouser.

JeannieC
09-19-2011, 08:01 PM
Has this mystery sketch of the suspected perp ever been released to the public?

Could it have been the sketch that was drawn of Nicholl?

froginTtown
09-19-2011, 08:03 PM
I think that there is alot of misinformation going on within this case... which makes it both frustrating and aggravating, to me anyways... and the thing is, that it's coming straight from the horses mouth... Both LE and the family...
Even the Amber Alert is said to be incorrect... which states that "both" Karen and Clint watched her being dragged across the carport..?? How can that be..?? Did this happen much earlier that we've been told..?? Perhaps the silouettes are from the moonlight..??
I don't know... I'm sooooooooo confused.... :(

JeannieC
09-19-2011, 08:08 PM

and,

This still stands out to me. He was headed to Free Will Baptist College in Wendell, NC from Fuquay-Varina. That would be north east and off of I-40.

He ended up in the Smokey Mountains headed toward Tenn or in Tenn which is west on I-40. Did he just go the wrong way, get lost, too embarrassed to admit it and lied? If so what happened to his car. Did he run out of gas, start walking and stay lost? OR, did he head for a specific town in Tenn and accomplish his mission, get rid of the car and the evidence?

I still think they need to check him out a lot closer. jmo

He has already been to court but I haven't been able to find anything on the verdict.

Not online.

Where are our Raleigh, NC sleuthers?

froginTtown
09-19-2011, 08:11 PM
Here is Holly's Amber Alert..:
Missing Endangered Alert - Holly Bobo - YouTube

plaidmom
09-19-2011, 08:17 PM
That is the only time I am aware of.

I do not usually encourage examiner.com but I do wish the family would grant an interview to the writer who has been pursuing this story...at least she would ask a lot of the questions we are asking...and maybe wait long enough for an answer that makes sense and is complete...

BBM.

I agree.

This is where I feel the Bobo Family's reliance on the pastor-cum-PR-flak may be hurting them

There have been several mentions on this thread about the various fundraisers the family is holding. Also several mentions of the case going "cold".

What I hope they realize is that the public, eventually, grows weary.

A new case, with fresh leads, comes along.

The media moves on.

If they continue to offer these "non interviews" that don't make sense, eventually the public will stop following the case from sheer ennui. The money will dry up. The media will stop courting them.

I hope we can find Holly before that happens!

BeanE
09-19-2011, 08:32 PM
Here is Holly's Amber Alert..:
Missing Endangered Alert - Holly Bobo - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4QtTMleMk0&feature=player_embedded)

Radio Amber Alert is not associated with the official Amber Alert. They're a small private group. They don't do official Amber Alerts.

I've never been able to find an official Amber Alert for Holly.

cluciano63
09-19-2011, 08:40 PM
Perhaps LE had a drawing of the jailed stalker (Nichells?) and just showed it to the family, in part to see if he looked like anyone they knew, as well as asking if he could have been the man Clint saw. Maybe Clint got more of an impression of this guy than we have heard, i.e. hair color, or something, but I don't understand why that would not be made public after so many months, if LE still has not found him, if indeed Clint did see that much.

froginTtown
09-19-2011, 09:28 PM
Thanks BeanE.. I wasn't aware of that...

I found this interview interesting from Issues...

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1105/13/ijvm.01.html

especially this part........

But other times it means, they`re not searching because they have a pretty good idea of what happened. And I want to take that out to Tammy Raimey, friend of the family.

You`ve been searching for Holly Bobo but we hear that there are no official searches planned. Why do you think there are no official searches planned, Tammy?

TAMMY RAIMEY, FRIEND OF THE FAMILY: I can`t answer that. I have no idea what law enforcement is -- is planning and thinking. You know, maybe the searches that need to be done need to be done by law enforcement instead of by volunteers.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Well, you`re searching as a volunteer. Can you tell us the last time you searched and where you searched in relation to where Holly lived?

RAIMEY: In relation to where Holly lives, we were northwest of her home up and around the Natchez-Chase (ph) area.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: And when was that?

RAIMEY: That was probably a couple of weeks ago before they -- they shut us down.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: They actually shut you down? The cops said don`t search anymore?

RAIMEY: Well, they told they were not having any more civilian- organized searches. Now, we`ve been out, you know, and done our own searches and searched in places and, you know, things that looked suspicious and things like that. But as far as them organizing us and sending us out to areas, they are not doing that at this time.

Why would LE not want the locals searching the area for Holly..?? This totally confuses me.. because the other cases I also follow, such as Kyron and Hailey Dunn, they are still out there searching for them, still to to this day...
I follow the facebook pages for Holly, and I never hear of anyone gathering to search... (except Tony C. whom the TBI claims is interferring with the investigation)... It just seems strange to me...

froginTtown
09-19-2011, 09:36 PM
Perhaps LE had a drawing of the jailed stalker (Nichells?) and just showed it to the family, in part to see if he looked like anyone they knew, as well as asking if he could have been the man Clint saw. Maybe Clint got more of an impression of this guy than we have heard, i.e. hair color, or something, but I don't understand why that would not be made public after so many months, if LE still has not found him, if indeed Clint did see that much.
I would think that they would just show Clint a mugshot of Nichols.. and I sure hope that the US Marshals also showed him mugshots of wanted people as well... and I totally agree with the rest of your post...

froginTtown
09-19-2011, 09:40 PM
BeanE...
Could you send me a link to your site... I know you have LOTS of info. there.... Thanks alot.. :hug:

cluciano63
09-19-2011, 09:51 PM
I don't think there have ever been volunteer searches for Kyron that were not coordinated by LE, not that I can recall.

SmoothOperator
09-19-2011, 09:54 PM
You bring up a good point with the second eyewitness theory and that being who gave the description for the sketch.. This is about the only way that it'd make sense that the sketch didn't look like the perp.. Due to the description coming from an additional or different witness other than Clint.. Because with how it stands and how we know it.. It makes zero sense that Clint being the only eyewitness thus being the only one who could give any description whatsoever of the perp and then the description he gives he then turns around and says that the sketch directly taken from nothing but his description "looks nothing like the perp".. That makes zero sense.. But if the description had come from another witness I could then see that make sense.. Even tho it then calls into question if there were an additional witness to have seen the perp(that of course has been kept from the public) did they see the same individuAl, the actual perp if the descriptive sketch doesn't look anything like the perp..

I don't know?? It has me going in circles attempting to make some sense of what's been said and it's just truly a mess of nonsensical and contradictory statements is all it boils down to.. Is it not important for the public to know the circumstances of what occurred that day?? IMO it is!! If the true acct were known it could very possibly lead to many more productive leads for the case.. Otherwise it's left for the public to be looking for Holly and keeping your eyes open for seeing her somewhere.. Which I think most realize at this point isn't very realistic tho we hold out hope but the likelihood of anyone just happening to see Holly out and about in Anytown, USA is zero to none.. If she is alive she is obviously being held in captivity out of sight.. Therefor that leaves the public in no way whatsoever able to help in any way at all to help bring her home!!

I would think whatever is the case that at this point the frustration would be so great that one would just want to get to the public and lay it all out on the line what really has happened and what really occurred that day.. In hopes that with all the pieces to that ATLEAST what happened that morning that someone could know something, something could be jarred from someone's memory of that time and what they saw in a friend or neighbor that with knowing the truth suddenly could make a light bulb go off to those who may know very important info yet they haven't a clue that their knowledge is in any way helpful because the true events of that day have never been told.. It's so very frustrating!!! Aarrgghh!!

Plumeria5
09-19-2011, 09:55 PM

and,

Interesting that he went missing on April 14th a day after Holly went missing.

froginTtown
09-19-2011, 11:20 PM
I found John Walsh's take on Holly's case interesting...
http://video.foxnews.com/v/4659531/john-walsh-on-st-louis-jailbreak-holly-bobo-case
note that this was taped 2 weeks after Holly's disappearance... and that Clint had not taken a polygraph yet....
I'm also curious what swamp area that JW is talking about....

mountainguy777
09-19-2011, 11:39 PM
It seems LE has done everything they can to discourage the public from helping in any way. With all the uncorrected misinformation flying around, there has never been an attempt to set the record straight. 5 months now. No released sketch. No hint of what the evidence in the case actually is. No public warnings to be careful about a kidnapper on the loose. Nothing. That normally leads you to believe LE thinks its an inside job.

Plumeria5
09-19-2011, 11:42 PM
It seems LE has done everything they can to discourage the public from helping in any way. With all the uncorrected misinformation flying around, there has never been an attempt to set the record straight. 5 months now. No released sketch. No hint of what the evidence in the case actually is. No public warnings to be careful about a kidnapper on the loose. Nothing. That normally leads you to believe LE thinks its an inside job.

You summed it up perfectly. I totally agree.:goodpost: