PDA

View Full Version : TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren,44, Signal Mountain, 30 April, 2011 - #11

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Shelby1
09-02-2011, 10:31 AM
I pm'd JBean this morning and she gave me permission to open a new thread.

MP put their house up for sale.

http://timesfreepress.com/news/2011/sep/02/matthew-palmgren-lists-home-sale/

fireflylink
09-02-2011, 10:55 AM
FIRST ON 3: Missing woman's husband lists home for sale
Updated: Sep 02, 2011 9:28 AM EDT

http://www.wrcbtv.com/story/15378077/first-on-3-missing-womans-husband-lists-home-for-sale

Oriah
09-02-2011, 11:03 AM
Hi firefly...
Someone needs better advice from their attorney.
Jeez, these poor kids. :(

CatFancier
09-02-2011, 11:14 AM
Hi firefly...
Someone needs better advice from their attorney.
Jeez, these poor kids. :(

Wow, just wow! I'm sure he needs money but who would buy that? If all our prayers are answered and she shows up, they are totally out of luck.

I think somebody needs a new attorney altogether.

fireflylink
09-02-2011, 11:15 AM
Oriah,
I agree, is truly sad for the children :(

Makes it all that much more imperative that the investigation and search efforts be stepped up and that GP is found quickly.

The leaves are falling and gathering on the ground, foliage is falling back and receeding slowly. Perhaps that will help in locating her. Who would have though when this all started that we would be glad to see winter coming...

Oriah
09-02-2011, 11:21 AM
fireflylink- do you know whether or not 127, 27, 8 are being sprayed by mosquito control currently? TIA.

fireflylink
09-02-2011, 11:27 AM
fireflylink- do you know whether or not 127, 27, 8 are being sprayed by mosquito control currently? TIA.

I is my understanding that mosquito control has been reduced for budgetary reasons, so I would have to say I do not know for sure. However, there have been crews out mowing and clearing the edges of the roads and around utility easements for the past couple weeks. Not exactly what you asked, but I think is along the same lines you may be thinking.

Oriah
09-02-2011, 11:32 AM
I is my understanding that mosquito control has been reduced for budgetary reasons, so I would have to say I do not know for sure. However, there have been crews out mowing and clearing the edges of the roads and around utility easements for the past couple weeks. Not exactly what you asked, but I think is along the same lines you may be thinking.

Thanks, firefly.

Mowing is good.

I was hoping for mosquito abatement, for the low aerials.

Shelby1
09-02-2011, 11:54 AM
Thanks, firefly.

Mowing is good.

I was hoping for mosquito abatement, for the low aerials.

That's a really good idea!

MacGyver
09-02-2011, 01:09 PM
I keeping hoping everyday that "today is the day" we get a break in the case. With fall coming up, as you've all mentioned, we may get the break we've been hoping for. I can't believe it's been over 4 months. Please pray for Gail Marie and her 2 beautiful children. We miss her so much. <3

hollyblue
09-02-2011, 02:00 PM

Hmmmp. Interesting:

The Chattanooga Times Free Press obtained copies of the couple’s will as well as power of attorney documents drafted in LaGrange, Ky., in 2006. The couple lived in Kentucky at the time.

The will says that, in the event of Gail Palmgren’s death, everything belongs to her husband.

The power of attorney states that, in the event something happened to Gail Palmgren’s mental state, her husband would be able to sell property. However, in order for the document to take effect, doctors must sign off, stating Gail Palmgren is incapacitated, records state.

ETA: I wonder if this is the same for Matt?

Emeralgem
09-02-2011, 02:33 PM

Thank you Shelby1 and thank you JBean.

Oriah
09-02-2011, 03:54 PM
That's a really good idea!

I'm on it.

raeann
09-02-2011, 04:01 PM
I have always wondered if family/friends/or anyone has tried tracking her car through the VIN number....the dealer who sold it/serviced it would have that on file, as well as the insurance company and the car tag bureau (whatever it might be called in TN).....if that number is available, then anyone can track any current activity with the car by getting a car fax or similar service report.

jmo

Emeralgem
09-02-2011, 04:08 PM

"Another alternative is for Matthew Palmgren to file for divorce in Chancery Court or Civil Court. Gail Palmgren would be listed as a defendant in the case and, because she is missing, a legal notice would have to run in the newspaper for 30 days in an effort to notify her", said John Cavett, a local defense attorney.

If he was to run a notice in the local newspaper for 30 days with no response, how long would it take for him to obtain a divorce if he filed immediately after the 30 day notification? Anyone know?
IIRC at one time a person could get a divorce, if it was uncontested, in about a month to six weeks after filing..JMHO

ETA.. Is Cavett saying Matt P could file first and then would have to run a legal notice for 30 days?

McSpy
09-02-2011, 05:09 PM
I think this a listing for the house. No photos yet.

http://www.trulia.com/property/1074469005-40-Ridgerock-Dr-Signal-Mountain-TN-37377

Shelby1
09-02-2011, 05:27 PM
Hmmmp. Interesting:

The Chattanooga Times Free Press obtained copies of the couple’s will as well as power of attorney documents drafted in LaGrange, Ky., in 2006. The couple lived in Kentucky at the time.

The will says that, in the event of Gail Palmgren’s death, everything belongs to her husband.

The power of attorney states that, in the event something happened to Gail Palmgren’s mental state, her husband would be able to sell property. However, in order for the document to take effect, doctors must sign off, stating Gail Palmgren is incapacitated, records state.

ETA: I wonder if this is the same for Matt?

I wondered the same thing.

Also, my husband and I just got done doing extensive work on both a will and a trust. The lawyers and accountants that helped us asked every question under the sun, but at NO time did either of our "mental states" ever come up. IMO, either MP or GP had to have asked about that stipulation.

Shelby1
09-02-2011, 05:30 PM
I think this a listing for the house. No photos yet.

http://www.trulia.com/property/1074469005-40-Ridgerock-Dr-Signal-Mountain-TN-37377

Does it strike anyone else that it's odd there are no capital letters in all of the sentence beginnings??? Or am I just an English freak?

sreshowtime
09-02-2011, 06:14 PM
Hello- I spent some time yesterday & today reading about this case. And I had a qustion for those of you that have been following it.
I took a look at her FB. Just curious...Is there any chance GP may have tried to get to Williamsville NY, her home town. Or anyway she may have tried to get to the Art Monastery Project in Labro, Italy or had contact with/help from someone from that group?

Or is the searching for her and the vehicle centered mostly to the immediate area?
Thank you.

happy409
09-02-2011, 06:18 PM
Does it strike anyone else that it's odd there are no capital letters in all of the sentence beginnings??? Or am I just an English freak?

HUGE pet peeve of mine for sure.

Here is another link to what appears to be the main listing. (Notice everything in CAPS) :banghead: People will do aything for a buck!

http://listings.listhub.net/pages/CARTN/1168038/?channel=trulia

believe09
09-02-2011, 06:26 PM

"Another alternative is for Matthew Palmgren to file for divorce in Chancery Court or Civil Court. Gail Palmgren would be listed as a defendant in the case and, because she is missing, a legal notice would have to run in the newspaper for 30 days in an effort to notify her", said John Cavett, a local defense attorney.

If he was to run a notice in the local newspaper for 30 days with no response, how long would it take for him to obtain a divorce if he filed immediately after the 30 day notification? Anyone know?
IIRC at one time a person could get a divorce, if it was uncontested, in about a month to six weeks after filing..JMHO

ETA.. Is Cavett saying Matt P could file first and then would have to run a legal notice for 30 days?

This makes no sense at all to me. Then I would think someone should be able to step forward and maintain her interests.

Irish_Eyes
09-02-2011, 06:56 PM
If someone does step up for her interests, I think he may have a tougher go. I think the difference is that Gail is list ed as "endangered missing" and he made her mental state an issue. So I would hope that if he is questioning her mental capacity and LE believes she may be endangered that would come into play vs. the type of case where someone clearly willingly and voluntarily left but is not thought to be in any danger or under any disability. A power of attorney can generally only be used in situations where there is no conflict of interest, right? I can't go get a POA to act on behalf of glorias and then sell her property to...myself, for example. Interestingly enough, I have heard of times where a POA was challenged because the POA was written several years prior and then a divorce happened in the intervening time. It was a health care POA so that may be different, but maybe not.

Some1Nose
09-02-2011, 08:31 PM
Thank you so much Shelby1 and JBean...Gail deserves our Attention!

If MP does in-fact file for a divorce, publishes a dissolution filing notice in the newspapers for 30 days, and then attempts, through his attorneys, to have the SM home be awarded solely to him...I cannot imagine a non-partial judge awarding MP sole ownership of the home when Gail has only been missing for 4 months and no cause for her disappearance has been publicly substantiated.

I'm sorry, but Gail has, at least, half interest in the SM home, until she is found or seven years have passed...Mr. MP cannot reasonably be expected to profit in whole from the sale of the SM home! That, imvho, would be a complete and utter travesty of justice!

Some1Nose
09-02-2011, 08:37 PM
I have always wondered if family/friends/or anyone has tried tracking her car through the VIN number....the dealer who sold it/serviced it would have that on file, as well as the insurance company and the car tag bureau (whatever it might be called in TN).....if that number is available, then anyone can track any current activity with the car by getting a car fax or similar service report.

jmo

Hi Raeann,

Good question.

The VIN # has been tracked, and still is being tracked, as far as I know.

Some1

fireflylink
09-02-2011, 08:41 PM
Hi Raeann,

Good question.

The VIN # has been tracked, and still is being tracked, as far as I know.

Some1

Yes Some1, thanks. The VIN tracking is a continual and ongoing project which will continue until Gail is located and this case is resloved.

glorias
09-02-2011, 08:44 PM

Golly, that's a shock.

I am not a lawyer, this is just speculation: I suspect MP can't pay the mortgage and hopes, if a seller is found, that a judge will sign off on allowing him to sell the house while Gail is missing. And considering what we have seen from judges thus far, MP is probably making a safe bet that a judge WILL agree to the sale. Just MVHO.

If MP is obligated legally to protect Gail's half of the house (asset), but he can't afford to pay the mortgage, then his lawyers surely could argue that his only option to protect her half was to sell and get the money. If a judge agrees, well, there's nothing anyone can do to stop it.

glorias
09-02-2011, 08:46 PM

jmo

A lot of people are tracking the VIN. There's some info on it in the Location Thread, and I know that LE has the VIN. An email/flyer with the last 6 of the VIN has been sent out to a lot of places as well. So far, no hits.

Personally, I think that means the Jeep is hidden or under water, or it was chopped up.

glorias
09-02-2011, 08:51 PM
The TFP article interviewed attorney John Cavett about the possibility of MP selling the house:

Another alternative is for Matthew Palmgren to file for divorce in Chancery Court or Civil Court. Gail Palmgren would be listed as a defendant in the case and, because she is missing, a legal notice would have to run in the newspaper for 30 days in an effort to notify her, said John Cavett

John Cavett is MP's mother's lawyer. Someone removed his name from the article after it was first published, but we mentioned the original version of the article here:

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143418&page=2

The article used to say:

We spoke with John Cavett, attorney for Julanne Palmgren, Matthew's mother. He said they gave authorities permission to search the apartment.

It was revised to say:

We spoke with an attorney for Julanne Palmgren, Matthew's mother. He said they gave authorities permission to search the apartment.

http://www.newschannel9.com/articles/home-1002746-palmgren-julanne.html

hollyblue
09-02-2011, 10:00 PM

I'm really curious how this is going to play out. IMO, he can file for legal separation like he did on May 6, but I can't see a divorce down the road even with desertion...they would have to prove she's still alive and chose to desert. kwim?? JMO, but I don't think he's worried about getting divorced to remarry...just the financials and his responsibilities legally of having a wife. There's a seven year time period..tho I've read where it can be shortened down to 5. I don't know what the stipulations are for that scenario. Surely under the circumstances, someone will have to be acting in GP's best interests... the children and her assets.

What a catastrophe for the children to go through.... I could just scream! I hope they are seeing a counselor at least on a weekly basis with everything they are having to deal with. What turmoil.

MacGyver
09-03-2011, 07:10 AM
Hello- I spent some time yesterday & today reading about this case. And I had a qustion for those of you that have been following it.
I took a look at her FB. Just curious...Is there any chance GP may have tried to get to Williamsville NY, her home town. Or anyway she may have tried to get to the Art Monastery Project in Labro, Italy or had contact with/help from someone from that group?

Or is the searching for her and the vehicle centered mostly to the immediate area?
Thank you.

Believe me, all of us in her hometown of Williamsville have been diligently looking for Gail. She has so many family members and friends up here who are so worried about her. From the beginning, we've kept in contact with each other and gone over all the places where she could be up here in Buffalo. I just wish we could have found her alive and well already!

I don't think she could leave the country because she doesn't have her passport. We talked about that in relation to Canada, which is like an extension of WNY. We used to go there all the time in HS and college.

Thank you for your concern and questions! Keep the faith that we will be able to bring het home to her two beautiful children.

We love and miss you Gail!!! <3

Oriah
09-03-2011, 08:47 AM
Believe me, all of us in her hometown of Williamsville have been diligently looking for Gail. She has so many family members and friends up here who are so worried about her. From the beginning, we've kept in contact with each other and gone over all the places where she could be up here in Buffalo. I just wish we could have found her alive and well already!

I don't think she could leave the country because she doesn't have her passport. We talked about that in relation to Canada, which is like an extension of WNY. We used to go there all the time in HS and college.

Thank you for your concern and questions! Keep the faith that we will be able to bring het home to her two beautiful children.

MacGyver- your post made me think of several other cases that have ties to both US borders.
Has US Border Patrol been briefed on Gail's Jeep? Canada? Mexico? Do they have posters at every crossing in WNY/Canada?
http://cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/menu-eng.html
http://cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/security-securite/ibet-eipf-eng.html

We have ties to border patrol (dogs) and should probably put the word out there- because it is possible that the Jeep has left the US... :waitasec:
Hmm, makes me think of a lot of possibilities.

I am sorry you are missing your friend, MacGyver. :(

We are all working hard to find her.
<hugs>

Shelby1
09-03-2011, 08:55 AM
The TFP article interviewed attorney John Cavett about the possibility of MP selling the house:

John Cavett is MP's mother's lawyer. Someone removed his name from the article after it was first published, but we mentioned the original version of the article here:

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143418&page=2

The article used to say:

It was revised to say:

http://www.newschannel9.com/articles/home-1002746-palmgren-julanne.html
That's odd. Why would he care?

BeanE
09-03-2011, 09:08 AM
Every day, Gail Palmgren's sister, Diane Nowacki Nichols, posts this message on Facebook, and it shows up on my wall. Every day when I see it, I feel like crying.

Diane is reaching out, and so humbly and heartbreakingly asking that anyone who may see her message, please help Gail's family find Gail.

Diane very specifically says in the message exactly what it is that Gail's family needs us to do to help Gail's family find her. Diane asks that we keep our eyes and ears open for any information that can lead them to Gail, and if we see or hear anything about Gail's whereabouts or her Jeep's whereabouts, call the police immediately.

Hamilton County Sheriff's Office (HCSO)
Phone: 423-622-0022
email: investigations@hcsheriff.gov

I have made a personal commitment to give my full backing and support to Gail's sister, Diane, her brother, Kevin, and Kevin's wife Maria, in their efforts to find Gail.

It is my belief that no one knows or cares about Gail or her children as much as they do, and that no one in the public knows as much as they do about what is going on with Gail's case.

I ask all my fellow Websleuthers to please join me in supporting Diane, Kevin, and Maria, by doing as they ask us to do, and by extending them, Gail, and Gail's children the compassion and respect they deserve.

Diane's message is below. The link is at the end. Please repost it on Facebook and the other forums and discussion groups you visit, and tweet it on Twitter. Please keep your eyes and ears open, and report any information you see or hear that may indicate the whereabouts of Gail or her Jeep directly to HCSO.

Thank you.

BeanE

================================================== =======

MISSING PERSON: GAIL NOWACKI PALMGREN

PLEASE HELP US FIND HER !!!
Have you seen Gail or her Jeep?

If anyone has any information pertaining to Gail or her Jeep, Please Call Police Immediately.

POLICE: 911 OR HAMILTON COUNTY SHERIFF OFFICE: 423-622-0022

MISSING PERSON: GAIL NOWACKI PALMGREN

Missing Since April 30, 2011

WE NEED YOUR HELP FINDING HER !!!

Have you seen Gail or her Jeep?

DESCRIPTION OF GAIL:
44 Years Old, 5’ 8” Tall, 135 lbs., Blond Hair, Brown Eyes

DESCRIPTION OF GAIL’S JEEP:
Crimson Red JEEP Rubicon, 4 Door Black Soft Top, Alabama Plate: “EAZY ST”, Trailer Hitch: Goofy, Wheel Cover: Daisy “ Life is Good ”.

IF ANYONE HAS ANY INFORMATION PERTAINING TO GAIL OR HER JEEP
PLEASE CALL POLICE IMMEDIATELY.

POLICE: 911 OR HAMILTON COUNTY SHERIFF OFFICE: 423-622-0022

We, Gail’s family, continue to ask for your help. We are asking the public to continue to keep their eyes and ears open for any information that can lead us to Gail. If anyone sees or hears anything about the whereabouts of Gail or her Jeep we ask that you call the POLICE immediately, # 423-622-0022 or 911.

This has been difficult for everyone involved. Please consider our request for your help. If this was your family member, I know that you would want the same.

We would like to thank the public ahead of time for helping us try to find her.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.243906152289486.78725.100000103098913

sreshowtime
09-03-2011, 06:47 PM

Thank you MacGyver...I wish I could help more. I realized the Williamsville was close to Canada and that is why I wondered if she had made it up that far.... and maybe had help to get on over the border...and thought the Art place possibly as a sanctuary for her.

Is there any chance she could have obtained false identity/passports? I do know there are ways to do so.

I want to ask another question about something I read way back on a thread. There was mention about $400 being withdrawn from an acct on a regular basis. Was it completely proven WHO was withdrawing that money?? Is there any chance that Gail may have been stashing some funds away? IN case she chose to leave??

I'm sorry if this was covered, I had so much to read and try to retain.

Oriah-
I came back to add that I did a bit of speed reading- after seeing that it is about 18 hours to Nuevo Laredo Mexico from Signal Mountain for example. From what I read & understand , no documentation is asked for to show vehicle ownership when entering into Mexico. Some US cities tried to utilize license-plate readers to detect stolen cars, but cars get into Mexico before they are reported stolen many times.
Could her car have possibly made it to Mexico...by someone other than herself, before it was even known by LE that she was missing??

fireflylink
09-03-2011, 07:10 PM
Thank you MacGyver...I wish I could help more. I realized the Williamsville was close to Canada and that is why I wondered if she had made it up that far.... and maybe had help to get on over the border...and thought the Art place possibly as a sanctuary for her.

Is there any chance she could have obtained false identity/passports? I do know there are ways to do so.

I want to ask another question about something I read way back on a thread. There was mention about $400 being withdrawn from an acct on a regular basis. Was it completely proven WHO was withdrawing that money?? Is there any chance that Gail may have been stashing some funds away? IN case she chose to leave??
I'm sorry if this was covered, I had so much to read and try to retain.

BBM
MP had received a toal of $40,000 (two separate transactions of $20,000), from GP (her retirement/investment account) in the weeks prior to her disappearance. In addition, MP had been withdrawing $400 2-3x/wk from their personal accounts.

GP HAD established an emergency fund ($17,000 cashiers check), which she had sent to her sister in NY for safekeeping and to be used to cover the first 6 months of expenses following the separation. She has not contacted anyone, nor has she attempted to access the above mentioned emergency fund or any other funds which she would have or still would have access to. There has been no financial/electronic/cell activity reported since she disappeared. Nobody has had any contact with her since her disappearance. Hope this helps.

Some1Nose
09-03-2011, 07:18 PM

(respectfully snipped by me for pertinence)

I think you have some good ideas, having said that...imho, I do not believe Gail would leave her children behind unless she had a particular reason wherein she had absolutely no choice, i.e. witness protection.

fireflylink
09-03-2011, 07:23 PM

I think you have some good ideas, having said that...imho, I do not believe Gail would leave her children behind unless she had a particular reason wherein she had absolutely no choice, i.e. witness protection.

BBM

Some1, IMO, I have to agree also.

Some1Nose
09-03-2011, 07:29 PM
I'm really curious how this is going to play out. IMO, he can file for legal separation like he did on May 6, but I can't see a divorce down the road even with desertion...they would have to prove she's still alive and chose to desert. kwim?? JMO, but I don't think he's worried about getting divorced to remarry...just the financials and his responsibilities legally of having a wife. There's a seven year time period..tho I've read where it can be shortened down to 5. I don't know what the stipulations are for that scenario. Surely under the circumstances, someone will have to be acting in GP's best interests... the children and her assets.

What a catastrophe for the children to go through.... I could just scream! I hope they are seeing a counselor at least on a weekly basis with everything they are having to deal with. What turmoil.

Holly - I totally agree about the children...they've lost their mother (at least for 4 months so far) and now their home???

You have some good ideas regarding the possibility of MP filing for divorce but I believe TN is a no-fault state wherein MP can file, publish notice for 30 days and then proceed with the legal action. If any legal beagles out there know otherwise please don't hesitate to correct. TIA

IMO...I tend to believe that MP is draining funds on something and/or someone quickly (just as he was doing prior to Gail's disappearance), and needs more funds to pursue that particular lifestyle.

Irish_Eyes
09-03-2011, 09:00 PM
So happy Gail's threads are back on WS! I don't want her to be forgotten and I DO believe she will be found - hopefully sooner rather than later! Thank you mods!

sreshowtime
09-03-2011, 09:11 PM
Okay thank you all- I was checking to make sure the $400 withdrawals were attributed to him:) And it seems pretty solid then that she would NOT leave her children.
okay
IS there or was there ever a named POI(s)? I never did determine that specifically from my reading.

fireflylink
09-03-2011, 09:18 PM
Okay thank you all- I was checking to make sure the $400 withdrawals were attributed to him:) And it seems pretty solid then that she would NOT leave her children.
okay
IS there or was there ever a named POI(s)? I never did determine that specifically from my reading.

There is no POI since this is still considered a missing persons case. The HCSO Criminal Investigations Department is taking calls related to her disappearance. Signal Mountain is still investigating leads as they recieve them from HCSO. Both TBI and FBI have been assisting HCSO and SMPD by reviewing the case file for the past month.

SuziQ
09-03-2011, 09:31 PM
I don't know how much Gail's family has to spend on attorneys. But they could tie Matt up in court a long time going after her assets base on their belief a crime took place. And in many cases civil litigation yields alot more info and may lead to a resolution in crimial courts.

fireflylink
09-03-2011, 10:09 PM
FYI - POSTED AT THE CUE WEBSITE - NEW Information released regarding the day she disappeared.

CUE Alerts, General / Gail Palmgren
http://www.ncmissingpersons.org/gail-palmgren/

hollyblue
09-03-2011, 10:21 PM

I still think the woman ---in the video of Cindy Anthony at the Orlando Airport on her way to Bermuda---looks an awful lot like Gail, but a passport would be needed. imo

glorias
09-03-2011, 11:30 PM
I still think the woman ---in the video of Cindy Anthony at the Orlando Airport on her way to Bermuda---looks an awful lot like Gail, but a passport would be needed. imo

Do you have a link to the video?

glorias
09-03-2011, 11:36 PM
FYI - POSTED AT THE CUE WEBSITE

Interesting info at the Cue Website about the phone calls. I highly recommend everyone read it, it has a LOT of detail about the phone calls on the 30th. This part stuck out to me:

On April 29, 2011, Gail’s husband called Gail’s sister, leaving a threatening message on her answering machine stating that “GAIL HAS 12 HOURS, 12 HOURS”….. He also did this the week before on Good Friday,April 22, 2011, only it was “10 HOURS” that time.

Personally, I think law enforcement has a lot of explaining to do.

Emeralgem
09-03-2011, 11:36 PM

On April 29, 2011, Gail’s husband called Gail’s sister, leaving a threatening message on her answering machine stating that “GAIL HAS 12 HOURS, 12 HOURS”….. He also did this the week before on Good Friday,April 22, 2011, only it was “10 HOURS” that time.

12 hours until what is what I would like to know...

Praying for Gail and her children..

ETA.. SMPD non action to protect Gail needs to be investigated...JMHOOTS

MacGyver
09-03-2011, 11:40 PM
MacGyver- your post made me think of several other cases that have ties to both US borders.
Has US Border Patrol been briefed on Gail's Jeep? Canada? Mexico? Do they have posters at every crossing in WNY/Canada?
http://cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/menu-eng.html
http://cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/security-securite/ibet-eipf-eng.html

We have ties to border patrol (dogs) and should probably put the word out there- because it is possible that the Jeep has left the US... :waitasec:
Hmm, makes me think of a lot of possibilities.

I am sorry you are missing your friend, MacGyver. :(

We are all working hard to find her.
<hugs>

I thank each and everyone of you who are working to find Gail. I know her siblings and children appreciate it.

As soon as someone is missing, they are flagged in the Customs and Immigration system. So she wouldn't be able to slip through unnoticed--especially since she didn't have her passport. That would make things very difficult for her. As for posters, I don't know. There is no place for them at the drive up booths. Perhaps inside? I haven't been inside for years (last time we walked across Rainbow Bridge into Canada) and they have remodeled since then.

I like your train of thought on the jeep. I'm still thinking it was sent to a chop shop though.

MacGyver
09-03-2011, 11:52 PM
Interesting info at the Cue Website about the phone calls. I highly recommend everyone read it, it has a LOT of detail about the phone calls on the 30th. This part stuck out to me:

This is so unnerving to me. So much time has passed with so much inaction by so many different people. God Bless Gail Marie wherever she is. Protect her and take care of her--and her children.

sreshowtime
09-04-2011, 12:22 AM
FYI - POSTED AT THE CUE WEBSITE - NEW Information released regarding the day she disappeared.

those calls about 12 hours/10 hours are frightening...and you mean to tell me there is NO POI??? I mean really shouldn't that be the reddest flag ever???

fireflylink
09-04-2011, 12:29 AM
those calls about 12 hours/10 hours are frightening...and you mean to tell me there is NO POI??? I mean really shouldn't that be the reddest flag ever???

BBM
Correct. There is no POI. There is no sign of foul play for LE to make it a criminal case. LE has not ruled out foul play. It remains an active and ongoing investigation.

Emeralgem
09-04-2011, 12:58 AM
I fully realize LE has not named anyone a POI, however i cannot believe for a second he is not on their radar.. Hopefully, they are on to him like white on rice...JMHO

redfish
09-04-2011, 02:55 AM
I read the newest link, and burst into tears. My heart aches for those children, Gail and her brother and sister. Just what I thought when I first heard the circumstances of this case. We HAVE to find Gail soon and put this lowlife away! JMO

Oriah
09-04-2011, 04:39 AM
I thank each and everyone of you who are working to find Gail. I know her siblings and children appreciate it.

As soon as someone is missing, they are flagged in the Customs and Immigration system. So she wouldn't be able to slip through unnoticed--especially since she didn't have her passport. That would make things very difficult for her. As for posters, I don't know. There is no place for them at the drive up booths. Perhaps inside? I haven't been inside for years (last time we walked across Rainbow Bridge into Canada) and they have remodeled since then.

I like your train of thought on the jeep. I'm still thinking it was sent to a chop shop though.

I tend to agree, MacGyver- but I actually meant the jeep...and not Gail AND the jeep.
If the jeep went to a chop shop, then it has identifying parts in numerous places. I need to talk with several chop shops to see what would be resold vs destroyed. Hmm.

Unfortunately, I do not think that Customs and BP is alerted everytime someone goes missing. But that's part of the reason why I asked awhile ago if Gail's jeep had been reported stolen. Because if reported stolen, then LE will flag it differently.

MP should have been advised to report Gail missing, and the Jeep stolen. If he wants her found, that is.

FUNNYGIRL101
09-04-2011, 05:11 AM
My opinion is MP had a hand in her demise. She's gone. The truck, I stated in other areas from the beginning, to have gone to a chop shop. There is so much circumstantial evidence here its mind-boggling, yet we're all able to piece together the elements that led to her demise. What is with the LE in TN that seemingly is stagnant in this case? The FBI are on it, though it seems at times that no one is doing anything. My only hope is they are building a case against MP and others and will succeed.. God bless those two children, they should not be near MP, unfortunate that the local police took so long to go ahead and do their job. The most crucial time is within 48 hours, but because MP did not and would not report her missing within that time-frame, Diane did thereafter, there's already lost time and clues to go on. MP knew this. Well-calculated, premeditated, callous, cold and controlling. Follow the money, the 40 grand, the 400+ taken from ATM every 2-3 days, the termination of his job (means NO severence, etc.) no money, the ego-blow for a man that is always in 'control' and likes it that way - the abuse, the threats, the initial hiring of a criminal defence attorney for himself, mother and mistress. You got yourself an excellent and provable circumstantial case all 'round. Still enough to convict, as there is a lot more.

hollyblue
09-04-2011, 05:26 AM
Do you have a link to the video?

Scroll down a bit to get to the video. Originally posted on GP's FB page.

http://www.wesh.com/casey-anthony-extended-coverage/28633882/detail.html

hollyblue
09-04-2011, 07:34 AM
Quote:

This leaves me with many more questions than answers.

What does the 12 and 10 hours threats pertain to? Both on a Friday...at what time?

Why did he feel it was necessary to call Diane and tell her that?

The whole trip to AL makes no sense to me, especially since she turned around 12 hours later and returned. Why did she leave the house?

Why did she ask Diane to call SMPD, and not make the call herself? Why was it important for SMPD to be called? I'm assuming the 9:15 call to D was before SMPD called GP because wouldn't GP tell her sister what the convo between the two consisted of?

Was GP still at the house when the 12:15PM call was made?

Did the invite to GP to come to NY include the children...or just GP.. because the children only had 3 weeks left of school?

What is the appropriate time period for LE to ask for computers to scan or the cell records reviewed in a missing person's case? LE released no info on GP except the initial press contact in the beginning. The information on the "sighting" was weeks after it took place, was very vague, and additional info it provided was not expanded on to the public. ie: description of the truck, etc. Personally, I'm not buying this sighting...at all.

If GP was in fear for her safety...and knew the marriage was to end...why didn't she make up a new will and/or POA to her sister..in case something happened to her... at least until the divorce was final.

It's not looking good, imo, since the all the computer's have been "touched" and he replaced all the phones. Wonder if TH and mom have new phones now too? He may not be a named POI, but it so obivious.

Poor Gail and what she was dealing with....and the kids are scarred forever.

glorias
09-04-2011, 07:52 AM
respectfully snipped for space

What does the 12 and 10 hours threats pertain to? Both on a Friday...at what time?

Why did he feel it was necessary to call Diane and tell her that?

The whole trip to AL makes no sense to me, especially since she turned around 12 hours later and returned. Why did she leave the house?

Why did she ask Diane to call SMPD, and not make the call herself? Why was it important for SMPD to be called? I'm assuming the 9:15 call to D was before SMPD called GP because wouldn't GP tell her sister what the convo between the two consisted of?

I wonder if the 10 hours or 12 hours thing was an ultimatum on how long she had to stay away or how long she had to call him back? And I suspect he called DN because Gail wouldn't talk to him, so he was making sure DN got the message to Gail.

I've always suspected Gail didn't want to talk while driving or while in front of the kids, which is why she asked DN to do it for her. Since she apparently expected MP to be at the house when she got there, I think his presence was why she wanted LE there.

This is total speculation, but maybe he found out Gail wanted LE there when she got home, so he purposely did NOT go back because he wanted to avoid LE.

hollyblue
09-04-2011, 08:24 AM
Since GP didn't want to talk in front of the kids, I now wonder if MP was grilling the kids for info when they were with their mother?

glorias
09-04-2011, 09:45 AM
The CUE Center description of a phone message MP left Gail's sister DN just before Easter:

He also did this the week before on Good Friday,April 22, 2011, only it was “10 HOURS” that time.

This reminded me immediately of Gail's behavior that weekend as described by AD and Jammer, who got his info from MP's lawyer LD, I believe. It starts about 28 minutes into the interview (on YouTube). Jammer says Gail showed up at the G's unannounced on Good Friday. AD says the next day, Gail called asked her to come get her and the kids. The audio skips, but when AD asks "Are you that scared of Matt right now?" it sounds like Gail said yes, so AD told Gail to head to her ex M's house where M would be waiting. Gail instead went back to the G's without telling either M or AD.

Personally, it seems like Gail was in a panic and that phone message from MP kind of explains why.

Slowly we're getting more and more pieces that, IMHO, paint a picture of escalating conflict as witnessed by multiple people, both friends and relatives.

Shelby1
09-04-2011, 10:36 AM
Gloria, I agree, the police have some 'splaining to do.

The CUE write-up is very very informative.

From CUE:

Gail’s sister gave the Signal Mountain Police Gail’s cell phone number and they said they would call her. Gail’s sister tried calling Gail back, but Gail did not answer. Her sister then proceeded to call the Signal Mountain Police to check to see if they got hold of Gail. The police said they did talk, but would not give any information as to what they talked about.

---

Why? Why not give the information?

From CUE:

At approx. 12:15pm on April 30, 2011, Gail called sister to let her know that she went to the house in Tennessee and that Matt was not there like he was supposed to be to get the kids. Gail said that she called the police to inform them that Matt was not there and that the kids were home alone. Her sister told her to come up to Buffalo, NY and stay with her, but Gail was not sure what she was going to do. Gail’s sister told her to call her as soon as she figured out what she was doing and to let her know that she was safe.
Her sister or no one else has never heard from Gail again.

---

So, we know for sure that it was GAIL that called police to tell them the kids were home alone. Didn't MP say that HE was the one that came home to find that the kids were home alone?

believe09
09-04-2011, 10:48 AM
Gloria, I agree, the police have some 'splaining to do.

The CUE write-up is very very informative.

From CUE:

Gail’s sister gave the Signal Mountain Police Gail’s cell phone number and they said they would call her. Gail’s sister tried calling Gail back, but Gail did not answer. Her sister then proceeded to call the Signal Mountain Police to check to see if they got hold of Gail. The police said they did talk, but would not give any information as to what they talked about.

---

Why? Why not give the information?

From CUE:

At approx. 12:15pm on April 30, 2011, Gail called sister to let her know that she went to the house in Tennessee and that Matt was not there like he was supposed to be to get the kids. Gail said that she called the police to inform them that Matt was not there and that the kids were home alone. Her sister told her to come up to Buffalo, NY and stay with her, but Gail was not sure what she was going to do. Gail’s sister told her to call her as soon as she figured out what she was doing and to let her know that she was safe.
Her sister or no one else has never heard from Gail again.

---

So, we know for sure that it was GAIL that called police to tell them the kids were home alone. Didn't MP say that HE was the one that came home to find that the kids were home alone?

IIRC Matt P said in his statement for his TRO that Gail had left his children home alone.

It certainly puts a significantly different spin if Gail called PD first stating she had left them there...I would think that PD knew the reason she did not want to encounter Matt, and perhaps the reason she returned them at all to Signal Mountain.

Thank you for the CUE statements!

JBean
09-04-2011, 12:15 PM
My understanding from the beginning has been that:
Gail did call SMPD but they did not go to the house.
Gail talked to her sister before and after dropping off the kids.

I also 100% believe /know-but cannot link it for you so give it as much weight as you are comfortable with-that gail made it to the base of the mountain. from there she simply vanished.
She either tossed her phone and drove on never looking back-or she crossed paths with someone that made her disappear.

if there was someone in the car before she left the SM house-they did not reveal themselves until Gail got off the phone with her sister.

believe09
09-04-2011, 12:32 PM
what does LE need to explain?

The "threats" are about returning the kids correct? I am surprised that Gail did not realize that she didnt have too. Did LE tell her she had too? Or did Matt have some trump card he was going to play if she did not? This is where everything is murky for me...LE could have told her that she wasnt obligated to return with them-they gave her numbers for shelters, and she would have taken them with her if she chose to flee to one...

Oriah
09-04-2011, 12:39 PM

I also 100% believe /know-but cannot link it for you so give it as much weight as you are comfortable with-that gail made it to the base of the mountain. from there she simply vanished.
She either tossed her phone and drove on never looking back-or she crossed paths with someone that made her disappear.

if there was someone in the car before she left the SM house-they did not reveal themselves until Gail got off the phone with her sister.

BBM:
JBean- are you referring to the last ping from Gail's phone, jeep, or otherwise- or the actual conversation with Diane.. or the combination of all of the above?
TIA if you can answer this question. If not, I understand. ;)

Emeralgem
09-04-2011, 12:41 PM

JBean... Do we know for certain Gail was in her jeep when she made the call to her sister at 12:15. Could she have been leaving the residence but not yet in the jeep?
Also, facing the house on RidgeRock the driveway and garage is located on the left.. Do we know IF she entered and exited the house from the garage or did she use the front door to enter and to exit the home?

Allusonz
09-04-2011, 12:46 PM

The "threats" are about returning the kids correct? I am surprised that Gail did not realize that she didnt have too. Did LE tell her she had too? Or did Matt have some trump card he was going to play if she did not? This is where everything is murky for me...LE could have told her that she wasnt obligated to return with them-they gave her numbers for shelters, and she would have taken them with her if she chose to flee to one...

Interesting about the return of the children. I as well would like to know more about this aspect

sreshowtime
09-04-2011, 12:58 PM
hmmm,why would GP call and tell the police that MP wasn't there and she left the children there alone. I just don't understand why she would tell the police she is leaving her children alone??? Unless it was some kind of set up?
I wonder if 'someone' WAS at the house. And maybe they surprised GP, unbeknownst to the children...they forced her into the car AND to make the call to the police about MP NOT being there, and leaving the kids...
and after the last phone call, the phone got tossed, and the 'someone' forced her to drive to ____.
IMO, the 'someone' could have been working with MP but......HOW SOON after the phone call to police about MP not there & leaving the children DID MP actually/supposedly arrive to the house???
At any rate, once GP got to the base of the mountain, and IF someone had forced that drive, they had , what, 2 days???? to make her and/or the car disappear BEFORE she was reported missing...correct??
Didn't the neighbor mention seeing her drive past that day, but GP did not look at them or seemed to be distracted??

I am sorry if I am going over stuff already discussed, there was so much to go thru.

believe09
09-04-2011, 01:18 PM
I can envision her calling LE and stating she left the kids because she knew Matt was on his way there. And clearly she did not want to encounter him-that seems pretty easy to believe anyway.

I wonder if Matt knew about that call when he filed his TRO? I mean, she cleared it essentially with LE or they would have gone over there I would think.

Did Diane mean for Gail to come to Buffalo on her own, or with the kids I wonder?

believe09
09-04-2011, 01:20 PM
I guess I have never been sure there was someone else in Gail's jeep, either someone laying in wait or someone forcing her in to it alone. JMO. I think that is a pretty complicated scenario.

To me if the return of the children could or would be explained, I think we would have the biggest piece of the puzzle. Other than finding her of course.

Shelby1
09-04-2011, 01:34 PM

I would like to know why they didn't get off their butts and go to the house when Gail called them.

JBean
09-04-2011, 02:24 PM
JBean... Do we know for certain Gail was in her jeep when she made the call to her sister at 12:15. Could she have been leaving the residence but not yet in the jeep?
Also, facing the house on RidgeRock the driveway and garage is located on the left.. Do we know IF she entered and exited the house from the garage or did she use the front door to enter and to exit the home?
I know for certain she was in the car talking to her sister after she dropped off the kids and while she was driving to the base of the mountain. Please let me qualify that I think she made it to the base of the mountain-but it is possible she drove a distance but didn;t make it all the way down. IOW, she drove a distance consistent with getting to the base of the mountain-but clearly she could have stopped and not driven the entire way.
But I cannot link it-so you can only give it the weight you are comfortable with. -but like all sources someone could possibly not be truthful or Gail may have not been truthful. In other words I suppose it is possible that gail said she was driving but she wasn't.-so I can only tell you what the understanding was at the time.

I will add that my sources are verified by the forum.

Irish_Eyes
09-04-2011, 02:25 PM
Knowing this now makes so much more sense to me. We wondered why she would drive all that way just to leave so early in the morning and now we know - she had 12 hours. It's obvious she took that seriously. I think she was dropping the kids off to him to buy time- comply with his demands to bring the kids back, then get to a safe place, process the events of the last 24 hours and make a plan.

believe09
09-04-2011, 02:27 PM

Does anyone know who filed the CUE report? Looking at it, it seems like reports can be made by anyone with a copy of the police report?

FUNNYGIRL101
09-04-2011, 03:17 PM
Interesting about the return of the children. I as well would like to know more about this aspect

This I don't understand. Why would she have to 'return' the children. They are hers - doesn't seem to have been any issue with her coming/going to the lakehouse with them ever before.

UNLESS, MP had something drastic planned for Gail - and didn't want the kids caught in the crossfire.

sreshowtime
09-04-2011, 03:31 PM
JBean- is it confirmed GP indeed called LE to say MP was not at the home and the children were being left there? Prior to presumedly leaving that last time?
Also may I ask, if one left the family home, and followed the standard, normal route to the 'base' of the mountain, how many miles is it?

Emeralgem
09-04-2011, 03:59 PM
JBean- is it confirmed GP indeed called LE to say MP was not at the home and the children were being left there? Prior to presumedly leaving that last time?
Also may I ask, if one left the family home, and followed the standard, normal route to the 'base' of the mountain, how many miles is it?

Six or seven miles depending on which road a person would take to exit the mtn... You could go down the front of the mtn. 127 S to Signal Mtn Rd or go down the "W" road which would take you to Mtn Creek Road..
I would think Signal Mtn Blvd., Mtn Creek Road, Suck Creek Road area are considered the base of the Mtn..
If a person were to take 127 N that goes over the mtn you come off the mtn into Sequatchie valley located in Sequatchie County.. To me that would be considered north base of the mtn...JMHO

ETA.. It is about a 10 mile drive from the residence on Ridgerock to Big Fork Rd on the Sequatchie side of the mtn..

Irish_Eyes
09-04-2011, 04:21 PM
Does anyone know who filed the CUE report? Looking at it, it seems like reports can be made by anyone with a copy of the police report?

Don't know, but I did notice one oddity. The report is largely written in the voice of a neutral narrator. There is one part however in parenthesis that jumps into a "it's unlike Gail not to call US" type voice, then back to the narrator. It makes me think that it came from the family.

Irish_Eyes
09-04-2011, 04:23 PM
Locals - besides the major local newspapers are there any alternative papers or magazines widely read in Chattanooga?

Emeralgem
09-04-2011, 04:31 PM
Locals - besides the major local newspapers are there any alternative papers or magazines widely read in Chattanooga?

We have the Times News Free Press, Chattanoogan.com, The Pulse..Could be others I'm not familar with too..

Oriah
09-04-2011, 04:31 PM
Six or seven miles depending on which road a person would take to exit the mtn... You could go down the front of the mtn. 127 S to Signal Mtn Rd or go down the "W" road which would take you to Mtn Creek Road..
I would think Signal Mtn Blvd., Mtn Creek Road, Suck Creek Road area are considered the base of the Mtn..
If a person were to take 127 N that goes over the mtn you come off the mtn into Sequatchie valley located in Sequatchie County.. To me that would be considered north base of the mtn...JMHO

Thank you for reiterating, Emeralgem.

So now we are back to the ping/tower/satellite situation.

My very humble opinion: If Gail, her phone, and her Jeep (all together) went missing from the Signal, Mnt Creek, Suck Creek Rd route- then we need to be looking SW.

If pinging off 127N... then Sequatchie... then we need to be looking at the SVEC towers? I don't like the dead zone along Lewis Chapel. So 409/406 into the valley?
Errr... so frustrated. :(

Oh Gail, where are you?

Oriah
09-04-2011, 04:34 PM
Don't know, but I did notice one oddity. The report is largely written in the voice of a neutral narrator. There is one part however in parenthesis that jumps into a "it's unlike Gail not to call US" type voice, then back to the narrator. It makes me think that it came from the family.

I noticed that too, Irish_Eyes.

Emeralgem
09-04-2011, 04:49 PM
Thank you for reiterating, Emeralgem.

So now we are back to the ping/tower/satellite situation.

My very humble opinion: If Gail, her phone, and her Jeep (all together) went missing from the Signal, Mnt Creek, Suck Creek Rd route- then we need to be looking SW.

If pinging off 127N... then Sequatchie... then we need to be looking at the SVEC towers? I don't like the dead zone along Lewis Chapel. So 409/406 into the valley?
Errr... so frustrated. :(

Oh Gail, where are you?

I'm thinking Mtn Creek Rd, Signal Mtn Blvd would be south and east of the mtn..
Suck Creek going toward Whitwell, Tn which is Marion County would be south and west...
Sequatchie County and Sequatchie Valley would be north and west of the mtn..

sreshowtime
09-04-2011, 04:54 PM
Why can I not find that info on that CUE report now??? Isn't this the link?http://www.ncmissingpersons.org/gail-palmgren/

I don't see the info about the calls, etc....help??

I did see that the site says"All information submitted to CUE Center For Missing Persons is confidential." So I am assuming maybe family provided the info??

hmm hey, Oriah- would it help if I do some map staring in Tn instead of Tx for a change??

believe09
09-04-2011, 05:04 PM
I would say the CUE report has been edited.

redfish
09-04-2011, 05:15 PM
JBean, can you verify this Cue information with family? The above questions regarding source is pretty important to all of us. With the information now edited I think this is waranted. Thanks so much in advance!

glorias
09-04-2011, 06:36 PM
snipped

The "threats" are about returning the kids correct?

We don't know what the "12 HOURS" etc. stuff means beyond it's an ultimatum for something. Unless there has been something I missed, which is very possible, we don't know WHAT she has 12 hours for.

If threatening messages were left on DN's machine by Matt immediately before Gail disappeared, I personally think LE needs to explain why they didn't consider Gail going missing to be a potential crime. We have threatening messages, the 911 call, Gail's fear, and MP's claim that she was under mental distress... why wasn't that enough for LE to get acting? THAT is what I want LE to explain.

believe09
09-04-2011, 06:59 PM
I guess then we have to sort out if the messages were corroborated by LE? Or family? I assumed that they had something to do with the return of the children, at least the most recent claim of the 12 hour deadline.

I dont know if the info was redacted from the CUE report because of accuracy or privacy....

Emeralgem
09-04-2011, 07:22 PM
I guess then we have to sort out if the messages were corroborated by LE? Or family? I assumed that they had something to do with the return of the children, at least the most recent claim of the 12 hour deadline.
I dont know if the info was redacted from the CUE report because of accuracy or privacy....

Are you referring to SMPD perhaps ordering or telling Gail P she had to return the children within a 12 hour period after they gave her numbers to a safe house? IF so, I don't think so...JMHO..
Right now, I going with information has been edited due to privacy reasons..JMHO

ETA.. I have no problem, none whatsoever, believing MP used threatening tactics to control Gail P..JMHO

Snowbunny
09-04-2011, 08:33 PM
I agree with you Em, I don't see SMPD ordering GP to return her own children to their father. It would be different if there was a legal separation or divorce in progress and MP had a court order stating he had visitation right, but this is not the case. The only trump card I see that MP could possibably play here is that he had been in contact with the people in AL who stated that Gail was out of her mind and he may have threatened to have her institutionalized and take the kids away from her permanantly if she didn't return them. Its so obvious that MP played GP like a fiddle. My heart goes out to her and her children. For the life of me, I don't understand why LE hasn't spoken to these children to find out what was going on. They have specialists who could talk to these kids and get information from them. These kids may be young, but believe me they are old enough to know what is going on. Also I don't understand how MP got away with giving his attorneys the computers like he did. It makes no sense whatsoever why MP is allowed to call the shots here. LE should be in total control of this investigation without interference from MP.

Snowbunny
09-04-2011, 08:50 PM
You would think if MP had nothing to do with what became of GP he would want to clear his name to the public and his children. If I was TH I wouldn't want anything to do with this guy until it was completely proved he had nothing to do with this. If MP is reading this then I beg you if you had nothing to do with Gail going missing then come clean and let LE talk to your children and lets find Gail, after all she's still the mother of your children and at one time you loved her. Please if you had nothing to do with GP going missing then please help us find her. You can fight you domestic problems out in the court system and get on with your life, but in the meantime, lets find Gail.

glorias
09-04-2011, 09:07 PM

Surely LE was told about the messages, and I really hope the messages were recorded and saved. If they were left on a cell phone voice mail, it's possible they could have been retrieved at a later date, so I'm hopeful that there are copies for LE to have.

I also suspect the 12 hours/10 hours was a deadline to bring the kids back, but it could have been MP demanding Gail contact him in some way -- seems like he must have called DN because Gail wasn't talking to him directly. If it was for her to return the kids, it goes a long way to explaining why she left the lake house so early that morning.

The CUE report not only had that one part Irish Eyes already mentioned which seemed like a personal note, but it was kind of formatted (paragraph breaks, etc.) in an odd way. I wonder if they were in the middle of editing and accidentally published it?

believe09
09-04-2011, 09:17 PM
Let me be more clear:

I am assuming that the message allegedly left by Matt on 4/29 referencing "12 hours" had to do with returning the children. My assumption is based upon the fact that Gail returned them to him.

Separately, SMPD gave her phone numbers to safe houses. Women certainly bring their children with them when they are fleeing abusive marriages. I would think that Gail should have known that first of all, she was not obligated to return the children to Matt. She had them. She had the right to have them with her.

So, one question-did Matt's alleged deadline regarding 12 hours have to do with the return of the children?

Another question- how did SMPD advise her regarding the children, or did they at all?

Last question: why did she drop the kids off and then leave?

Snowbunny
09-04-2011, 09:19 PM
One thing that really erks me is how people can lawyer up and impede an on going investigation. Something is really wrong with our court system when these lawyers can tie LE's hands like this to the point they can't do their jobs. I say you shouldn't be allowed to lawyer up until said time you've been named a POI or charges have been brought against you. Our laws need to be changed to protect the victims. There are so many cases that could be solved if the laws were changed.

believe09
09-04-2011, 09:21 PM
I agree to a certain extent Snowbunny, but we still dont really know why Matt lawyered up. He may have hired a criminal attorney for a completely different reason, such as what he thought SMPD might discover in either a physical search of his properties or, for example, a records search as it applied to him.

MacGyver
09-04-2011, 10:02 PM
I agree to a certain extent Snowbunny, but we still dont really know why Matt lawyered up. He may have hired a criminal attorney for a completely different reason, such as what he thought SMPD might discover in either a physical search of his properties or, for example, a records search as it applied to him.

And then why would his mother and TH lawyer up with criminal defense attorneys?

So many questions and no answers. Gail Marie, where are you???

Snowbunny
09-04-2011, 10:30 PM
People should realize that once they lawyer up; especial with a criminal lawyer, it makes them look like they've got something to hide. It seems our laws are made to protect the criminals and not the victims in most cases.

Snowbunny
09-04-2011, 10:48 PM
Could someone please list the VIN of Gail's vehicle please. I'm search craiglist right now for different states. TIA

ThoughtFox
09-04-2011, 11:26 PM
I wish I could have seen the complete Cue report. It's been edited and whiped clean back to the original information about Gail and the Jeep, and that's all there is.

So many thanks to those who quoted the information here. I think these threatening phone calls explain so much about why Gail hurried back to Signal Mountain, which was my theory all along. School was out and there was no reason to hurry back - unless she was given an ultimatum. Maybe he was going to have her charged with kidnapping if she ran with the kids?

Snowbunny
09-05-2011, 01:48 AM
I wish I could have seen the complete Cue report. It's been edited and whiped clean back to the original information about Gail and the Jeep, and that's all there is.

So many thanks to those who quoted the information here. I think these threatening phone calls explain so much about why Gail hurried back to Signal Mountain, which was my theory all along. School was out and there was no reason to hurry back - unless she was given an ultimatum. Maybe he was going to have her charged with kidnapping if she ran with the kids?

He wouldn't have a leg to stand on. LE knew from the start the children were with her. She is their mother and has just as much right to have the children with her period. Again, if there was a legal separation or divorce going on things may have been different, but that was not the case. It sounds to me like he tried to push his weight around by bullying GP to control her. This is such a sad situation all the way around. I just want to cry everytime I think about Gail and her children. I've been through this and it can be nerve racking. You feel like your whole world is crashing around you and you don't know which way to turn or who you can trust anymore. My heart goes out to Gail where ever she is. If she is by chance still out there alive somewhere, I pray the Lord would bring her home safe and sound to her dear children. There are so many people who care about her.

fireflylink
09-05-2011, 01:57 AM
He wouldn't have a leg to stand on. LE knew from the start the children were with her. She is their mother and has just as much right to have the children with her period. Again, if there was a legal separation or divorce going on things may have been different, but that was not the case. It sounds to me like he tried to push his weight around by bullying GP to control her. This is such a sad situation all the way around. I just want to cry everytime I think about Gail and her children. I've been through this and it can be nerve racking. You feel like your whole world is crashing around you and you don't know which way to turn or who you can trust anymore. My heart goes out to Gail where ever she is. If she is by chance still out there alive somewhere, I pray the Lord would bring her home safe and sound to her dear children. There are so many people who care about her.

BBM
Snowbunny...so true! So many that care, and so many since this all began that would help bring her back SAFELY and to stay safe with her children wherever that needed to be. Prayers for you Gail and your children!

Oriah
09-05-2011, 05:03 AM
I'm thinking Mtn Creek Rd, Signal Mtn Blvd would be south and east of the mtn..
Suck Creek going toward Whitwell, Tn which is Marion County would be south and west...
Sequatchie County and Sequatchie Valley would be north and west of the mtn..

Emeralgem, hmm perhaps I am being confusing- or else I am confused! The Mtn Creek route would actually go south, east, and then west- thus the ping. Correct?

Sequatchie valley would be north, west, north, west... and then south. But wouldn't we have a ping from Gail's phone from that tower?
Hmm. I've got to look at this again.

Oriah
09-05-2011, 05:08 AM
I've another randon question, if anyone knows... Was the photo of Gail's Jeep (the one with snow on it) taken on or just after December 12, 2010? TIA if anyone knows this.

Some1Nose
09-05-2011, 05:38 AM
I've another randon question, if anyone knows... Was the photo of Gail's Jeep (the one with snow on it) taken on or just after December 12, 2010? TIA if anyone knows this.

Sorry Oriah, I don't have the answer to your question but wanted to say you have such Good, thought provoking questions! :)

Some1Nose
09-05-2011, 05:45 AM
Emeralgem, hmm perhaps I am being confusing- or else I am confused! The Mtn Creek route would actually go south, east, and then west- thus the ping. Correct?

Sequatchie valley would be north, west, north, west... and then south. But wouldn't we have a ping from Gail's phone from that tower?

Hmmm...it is my understanding that Sequatchie Valley along with Big Fork Rd is near the north base of SM...is that correct? If so, DN stated, according to MSM, the last cell ping on 5/2 from Gail's phone was at the north base of SM...since the most recent info regarding Gail's conversations with DN on 4/30 stated that Gail talked to DN on her way down the mountain after having left the SM home at 12:15 pm, I think it reasonable to believe that DN would be correct regarding the north base report, imo.
(ETA: after re-reading current posts, the BBM info seems to have come from JBean).

Some1Nose
09-05-2011, 06:10 AM
This I don't understand. Why would she have to 'return' the children. They are hers - doesn't seem to have been any issue with her coming/going to the lakehouse with them ever before.

UNLESS, MP had something drastic planned for Gail - and didn't want the kids caught in the crossfire.

And, at the very least, MP probably couldn't stand not having control over Gail and the children, imho.

Oriah
09-05-2011, 06:19 AM
Hmmm...it is my understanding that Sequatchie Valley along with Big Fork Rd is near the north base of SM...is that correct? If so, DN stated, according to MSM, the last cell ping on 5/2 from Gail's phone was at the north base of SM...since the most recent info regarding Gail's conversations with DN on 4/30 stated that Gail talked to DN on her way down the mountain after having left the SM home at 12:15 pm, I think it reasonable to believe that DN would be correct regarding the north base report, imo.
(ETA: after re-reading current posts, the BBM info seems to have come from JBean).

Hmm. You're correct and I believe correct about DN's report as well.

What the heck satellite was picking that up then? Because it's not a tower, I don't think. :waitasec:

Emeralgem
09-05-2011, 06:29 AM
Hmm. You're correct and I believe correct about DN's report as well.

What the heck satellite was picking that up then? Because it's not a tower, I don't think. :waitasec:

Here is a map

http://mapq.st/n3VUmx

IF I were on top of the mtn and said I was headed down the mtn, in reference to myself I would be referring to traveling on either the "W" road that would take me down the mtn to Mtn Creek Road or either I would be traveling down what I refer to as the front of the mtn which is headed south and east. Going in that direction would take me to Signal Mtn Blvd...
Going down the front of the mtn, when I get to the foot of the mtn, Suck Creek Road is on my right and if I travel a little further east Mtn Creek Road is on my left...

IF I were on top of the mtn and headed over to Sequatchie Valley I would be traveling North and west headed over the mtn and then back down the mtn into Sequatchie Valley.
If I were traveling on Taft Hwy headed toward Sequatchie Valley, I do not think I would say I am headed down the mtn.. I would say.. I am headed over to Sequatchie Valley, which is over the mtn and then down on the other side...

Hope I haven't confused anyone ..

mayqueen
09-05-2011, 11:18 AM
Let me be more clear:

I am assuming that the message allegedly left by Matt on 4/29 referencing "12 hours" had to do with returning the children. My assumption is based upon the fact that Gail returned them to him.

Separately, SMPD gave her phone numbers to safe houses. Women certainly bring their children with them when they are fleeing abusive marriages. I would think that Gail should have known that first of all, she was not obligated to return the children to Matt. She had them. She had the right to have them with her.

So, one question-did Matt's alleged deadline regarding 12 hours have to do with the return of the children?

Another question- how did SMPD advise her regarding the children, or did they at all?

BBM: I can only speculate on this as I am not an insider, but... to me it is clear that Gail was afraid of Matt. Really afraid. Perhaps she felt (and maybe he even voiced this) that he would harm the children if she didn't comply with his demands (though we don't know what "12 HOURS" means exactly, we can surmise that it was a demand of some sort).

Gail wanted SMPD to meet her at the SM home when she dropped the kids off - why? Why would one make such a request of the police? Fear. I think she didn't want to be alone w/ MP for some reason. So when she got home and the police weren't there, she dropped the kids off and hightailed it outta there, to avoid a confrontation. And because she is a loving, responsible mother (IMO), she called SMPD to let them know that she dropped the kids off at the house, and that they were alone because MP wasn't there yet.

If there was in fact domestic violence in their marriage, then we can't really expect Gail to know what her rights are re: the children (especially w/ the Bham lawyer family friend siding with MP). And we can't expect her to behave calmly and rationally. Anyone who has experienced spousal abuse, be it verbal, emotional or physical, understands what I'm saying.

As always, JMO. :twocents:

Emeralgem
09-05-2011, 11:24 AM

Big Fork Road can also be accessed by traveling on Suck Creek Road toward Whitwell, Tn which is located south and west of Signal Mtn..
The portion of SuckCreek Road at the foot of the mountain close to Signal Mtn Blvd and Mountain Creek Road are not what I would refer to as being north base of the mtn...
Big Fork Road is located in both Marion County and in Sequatchie County..

http://www.stateparks.com/gmaps/curlocation.asp?lat=35.145&lon=-85.35972&z=12

sreshowtime
09-05-2011, 11:27 AM
Was doing some reading about the Rubicon jeep-
http://www.examiner.com/auto-review-in-national/road-test-2010-jeep-wrangler-rubicon-review-don-t-buy-this-vehicle

snipped-
The Rubicon is separated from lesser Jeeps with the addition of a special off-road part-time "Rock-Trac" two-speed transfer case with a truly crawl-worthy 4.0:1 low range. The front and rear axle lockers provide maximum grip for severe off-road use, with an electronic sway-bar disconnect that allows extra suspension articulation to help keep all four wheels on the ground--or rocks or whatever--in extreme situations you'll never see in the 'burbs.
---
So maybe this Jeep is seriously 'off road'??

OH !! FYI- I just read on the Bring Gail Home Now FB page that CUE is now actively involved in the search.

mayqueen
09-05-2011, 12:11 PM
http://www.examiner.com/auto-review-in-national/road-test-2010-jeep-wrangler-rubicon-review-don-t-buy-this-vehicle

snipped-
The Rubicon is separated from lesser Jeeps with the addition of a special off-road part-time "Rock-Trac" two-speed transfer case with a truly crawl-worthy 4.0:1 low range. The front and rear axle lockers provide maximum grip for severe off-road use, with an electronic sway-bar disconnect that allows extra suspension articulation to help keep all four wheels on the ground--or rocks or whatever--in extreme situations you'll never see in the 'burbs.
---

respectfully snipped

Thanks for the Jeep info - I didn't know how the Rubicon differed from other models. It explains why I've never seen a single Rubicon where I live, even though I check out every single Jeep I see now since Gail's disappearance. (There isn't much use for a rugged vehicle like that here - I live on the coast, in the land of Porsche, BMW, Mercedes, Lexus, etc. Even the SUVs here are luxury brands.)

I knew Gail's Jeep was capable of going off-road, but didn't know the extent. This means her Jeep could be pretty much anywhere (which we kinda already knew, but still).

Emeralgem
09-05-2011, 01:05 PM

Where did the phone ping on the 2nd? Didn't someone say the Walmart area?
Walmart is on Signal Mtn Blvd not to far from Mtn Creek Road and not too far from Suck Creek Road.

If I am traveling toward Signal Mtn on Signal Mtn Blvd and pass the Wallmart located on the left, Mtn Creek Road is located relatively close by on the right after I pass the Wallmart. If I made a choice to go up the "W" road i would continue traveling on Mtn Creek road until I reached the point where the "W" road goes up the mtn.. The "W" road is located on my left traveling on Mtn Creek Road...
If I do not turn right on to Mtn Creek road to go up the "W" Road from Signal Mtn Blvd and continue toward Signal Mtn, on Signal Mtn Blvd, Suck Creek Road is located on the left, right before I start up the mtn..
Hopefully, I haven't confused you more...

Shelby1
09-05-2011, 01:09 PM

:maddening: I didn't think it would be edited or else I would have copied it and saved it. Stupid me.

Begs the question of who made a stink about the CUE report and had it edited.

Emeralgem
09-05-2011, 01:10 PM

snipped-
---

OH !! FYI- I just read on the Bring Gail Home Now FB page that CUE is now actively involved in the search.

BBM.. If you check out any of the youtube videos of Big Fork Road or Prentice Cooper, you'll see how seriously off road some of those people are who are on ATV's and out four wheeling.JMHO

Oriah
09-05-2011, 01:30 PM
Walmart is on Signal Mtn Blvd not to far from Mtn Creek Road and not too far from Suck Creek Road.

If I am traveling toward Signal Mtn on Signal Mtn Blvd and pass the Wallmart located on the left, Mtn Creek Road is located relatively close by on the right after I pass the Wallmart. If I made a choice to go up the "W" road i would continue traveling on Mtn Creek road until I reached the point where the "W" road goes up the mtn.. The "W" road is located on my left traveling on Mtn Creek Road...
If I do not turn right on to Mtn Creek road to go up the "W" Road from Signal Mtn Blvd and continue toward Signal Mtn, on Signal Mtn Blvd, Suck Creek Road is located on the left, right before I start up the mtn..
Hopefully, I haven't confused you more...

Thank Em. I'm actually not confused about the possible routes of travel at all- I'm confused by the ping situation. :waitasec:

I still think GP's cell phone and MP's cell phone crossed paths. And I think their vehicles likely did as well. I just can't figure out where exactly the two crossed on the 2nd. Make sense?

Ugh, sooo aggrevated.

Going back to grid overlays.

sreshowtime
09-05-2011, 01:33 PM
curious- wonder where TDOT dumps any of the rocks, etc from road cleaning projects after rock slides. they did a project back in Dec 09-
http://www.newschannel9.com/articles/mountain-987102-signal-traffic.html

Is there some specialized/out of the way location to dump this stuff?

Emeralgem
09-05-2011, 02:02 PM
Thank Em. I'm actually not confused about the possible routes of travel at all- I'm confused by the ping situation. :waitasec:

I still think GP's cell phone and MP's cell phone crossed paths. And I think their vehicles likely did as well. I just can't figure out where exactly the two crossed on the 2nd. Make sense?
Ugh, sooo aggrevated.

Going back to grid overlays.

On the 2nd of May? No, that doesn't make sense to me... Are you thinking Gail was driving around in the area on the 2nd of May?

BTW...I don't know too much of anything about pings or how they work..

Oriah
09-05-2011, 02:07 PM
On the 2nd of May? No, that doesn't make sense to me... Are you thinking Gail was driving around in the area on the 2nd of May?

No- no, I'm not...
I'm thinking her cell was, and so was MP's cell and/or his vehicle. Sorry to confuse.
Really trying hard to narrow down the pings.

(O/T - but stay safe, locals. If you don't need to drive, please don't.)

Cazzie
09-05-2011, 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireflylink http://www.websleuths.com/forums/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7093385#post7093385)
FYI - POSTED AT THE CUE WEBSITE

Quote:
On April 29, 2011, Gail’s husband called Gail’s sister, leaving a threatening message on her answering machine stating that “GAIL HAS 12 HOURS, 12 HOURS”….. He also did this the week before on Good Friday,April 22, 2011, only it was “10 HOURS” that time. Personally, I think law enforcement has a lot of explaining to do.
I just saw the link today, and the paragraph about the calls (MP to Gail's sister) is gone.

Just caught up with the thread and see that others noted the editted report as well. :)

redfish
09-05-2011, 03:23 PM
I just saw the link today, and the paragraph about the calls (MP to Gail's sister) is gone.

Just caught up with the thread and see that others noted the editted report as well. :)

I think someone goofed and put the additional information in and then thought better of it or was told not to include after the fact. That assumption makes this "factual" information. On the other hand it could have been non- factual from the get-go.... wish JBean could give a thumbs up or down on this one. :banghead:

JBean
09-05-2011, 04:07 PM
All I can say is that I have never heard anything about the "10 hour" '12 hour" calls before.
I think we should dump that info from our discussion for now. We have nothing to substantiate it-but if it should prove to be verified at some point we can pick it up then.

Emeralgem
09-05-2011, 05:47 PM
All I can say is that I have never heard anything about the "10 hour" '12 hour" calls before.
I think we should dump that info from our discussion for now. We have nothing to substantiate it-but if it should prove to be verified at some point we can pick it up then.

I won't discuss it further here since it has been removed from their site but that information is in my brain and I can't ignore it...JMHO

Some1Nose
09-05-2011, 06:55 PM
Walmart is on Signal Mtn Blvd not to far from Mtn Creek Road and not too far from Suck Creek Road. (respectfully snipped)

"The last signal from Palmgren's cell phone was reported near Mountain Creek Road two days after she went missing."

http://www.tfponline.com/news/2011/may/23/searchers-comb-signal-missing-woman/

I also recall that it was reported in MSM that DN stated the last cell phone ping on 5/2/11 was on the north base of SM.

From what I've gathered from your excellent descriptions of the SM area roads, these two locations would not be near each other?

(I know we are all thankful for anybody willing to search for Gail and her Jeep Rubicon, but I couldn't help but notice the searchers in the photo accompanying the news article linked above weren't exactly dressed for rugged terraine searching....that still needs to be done, imho!)

Some1Nose
09-05-2011, 07:08 PM
respectfully snipped

Thanks for the Jeep info - I didn't know how the Rubicon differed from other models. It explains why I've never seen a single Rubicon where I live, even though I check out every single Jeep I see now since Gail's disappearance. (There isn't much use for a rugged vehicle like that here - I live on the coast, in the land of Porsche, BMW, Mercedes, Lexus, etc. Even the SUVs here are luxury brands.)

I knew Gail's Jeep was capable of going off-road, but didn't know the extent. This means her Jeep could be pretty much anywhere (which we kinda already knew, but still).

Yes, her Jeep could be anywhere, whole or dismantled, but I don't believe she had off-roading on her mind the day of 4/30, at least not alone. On the other hand, maybe she liked to do off-roading to decompress and think things over...in that case scenario, maybe she did head for off-road areas....more intensive searches are needed, at least to rule areas out, imo.

Also, if Gail is the victim of foul play, I don't believe someone is going to travel too far off the beaten path to dispose of a body and vehicle because they'd have to turn around and return to the main roadways and would seemingly run a greater risk of being detected.

Some1Nose
09-05-2011, 07:16 PM
[QUOTE=sreshowtime;7096752]Was doing some reading about the Rubicon jeep-

snipped-
The Rubicon is separated from lesser Jeeps with the addition of a special off-road part-time "Rock-Trac" two-speed transfer case with a truly crawl-worthy 4.0:1 low range. The front and rear axle lockers provide maximum grip for severe off-road use, with an electronic sway-bar disconnect that allows extra suspension articulation to help keep all four wheels on the ground--or rocks or whatever--in extreme situations you'll never see in the 'burbs./QUOTE]
(respectfully snipped)

When I did some reading about 2010 Jeep Rubicon performance reviews awhile back, I read that some tend to have a stability problem but don't recall the particulars. I just remember thinking I would not want to be on back roads and rough terrain in one of those!

Maybe some car (Jeep Rubicon) buffs can weigh in?

Emeralgem
09-05-2011, 07:17 PM
(respectfully snipped)

"The last signal from Palmgren's cell phone was reported near Mountain Creek Road two days after she went missing."

http://www.tfponline.com/news/2011/may/23/searchers-comb-signal-missing-woman/

I also recall that it was reported in MSM that DN stated the last cell phone ping on 5/2/11 was on the north base of SM.

From what I've gathered from your excellent descriptions of the SM area roads, these two locations would not be near each other?

(I know we are all thankful for anybody willing to search for Gail and her Jeep Rubicon, but I couldn't help but notice the searchers in the photo accompanying the news article linked above weren't exactly dressed for rugged terraine searching....that still needs to be done, imho!)

The volunteers in that photo were combing all the streets in the neighborhoods on Signal Mtn looking for the jeep, they were not searching any areas that are extremely dangerous with rugged terraine.. I agree that needs to be done and we need professional SAR to accomplish that task..JMHO

KathyJ
09-05-2011, 08:33 PM
Let me be more clear:

That last question is the one haunting me. Why would she drop the kids at the house and leave them there alone especially under the circumstances. This one just does not sit right with me at all. IMO it makes me think this was the plan---all part of a big plan so that the kids were safe and not with Gail...Just makes me wonder what was set up for that day that we don't know about. All we know is she returned home quickly after leaving the night before and we still don't quite realize why she came back so quickly that next day.

IMO I think there was some plan to get Gail back home and make sure she was alone after dropping the kids off. As we all know something went terribly wrong after she dropped the kids off. I am almost wondering if she was tricked into returning the kids and then possibly leaving to meet someone only to run into trouble.

glorias
09-05-2011, 08:53 PM
Excellent points! I'm snipping just to highlight this bit:

Gail wanted SMPD to meet her at the SM home when she dropped the kids off - why? Why would one make such a request of the police? Fear. I think she didn't want to be alone w/ MP for some reason. So when she got home and the police weren't there, she dropped the kids off and hightailed it outta there, to avoid a confrontation. And because she is a loving, responsible mother (IMO), she called SMPD to let them know that she dropped the kids off at the house, and that they were alone because MP wasn't there yet.

Maybe she wanted the time the kids came back documented by a 3rd party for future divorce claims. If MP had told her he would tell the court during the impending divorce proceedings that she was "stealing" the kids or had a history of not returning them at an agreed-upon time, it might affect custody, so she may have wanted someone else out there so she had documentation that she DID return them.

glorias
09-05-2011, 09:16 PM

Hopefully someone local can correct me on this, but I think the Mountain Creek Road location is the location of the ping. I'm wondering if that "north base" report was a typo/mistake? They must have meant "south base," surely.

The Wal-Mart the May 2nd ping may have come from I THINK is the one at 501 Signal Mountain Road. It's the specific Wal-Mart that Forums4Justice always listed on their timeline, and I think it's the one that fliers were passed out in a few days after Gail went missing, too.

I'm not good with maps so until Emeralgem thankfully posted that great map the other day, I didn't realize how close the 501 Signal Mt Rd Wal-Mart is to that area at the base of the mountain where Ridgeway Ave meets Suck Creek Road and Mountain Creek Road. JBean confirmed Gail was seen at the base of the mountain, and I think it's pretty solid speculation that the path Emeralgem's map highlights is the most likely road Gail took.

That means we know Gail was confirmed on the 30th to be in that area, and then two days later on the 2nd her phone pinged one last time from very near that area.

Which makes me go all the way back to something asked very early on -- Do we know if anyone has looked at Wal-Mart security footage? How closely was that area searched for a cell phone? I know that's a needle/haystack situation, but I definitely wonder. A phone could be easily overlooked in a busy Wal-Mart parking lot, especially if it had been run over or was over in a grassy area.

glorias
09-05-2011, 09:37 PM
Just thinking about the ping if it really WAS at the north base of the mountain -- I can't find a Wal-Mart near the area in the north, not until you get all the way up to Dunlap. If I'm reading the info about the ping right, it sounds like the ping was picked up at a tower near a Wal-Mart.

This ping situation has always confused me, but I think I'd like to finally get it straight in my head:

DN said "traces on Gail Palmgren’s cellphone directed police to an area near the north base of Signal Mountain. The last time there was activity on the cellphone was May 2."

This seems kind of vague to me. It doesn't specifically state the north base pings were on the 2nd. Do we know for certain those north base pings were May 2nd, that they were the last activity on the phone?

Snowbunny
09-05-2011, 10:39 PM
Excellent points! I'm snipping just to highlight this bit:

Maybe she wanted the time the kids came back documented by a 3rd party for future divorce claims. If MP had told her he would tell the court during the impending divorce proceedings that she was "stealing" the kids or had a history of not returning them at an agreed-upon time, it might affect custody, so she may have wanted someone else out there so she had documentation that she DID return them.

There was no legal separation/divorce proceedings going on at said time and MP wouldn't have a leg to stand on in this scenario. Gail had just as much right to those kids and if MP tried to pull that kind of crap in court it wouldn't hold water.

Irish_Eyes
09-05-2011, 10:52 PM
I think at the time she drove those kids home she was less worried about what MP may or may not do in a future court action and more worried about invoking his temper at that moment....JMHO

Emeralgem
09-05-2011, 11:16 PM
Just thinking about the ping if it really WAS at the north base of the mountain -- I can't find a Wal-Mart near the area in the north, not until you get all the way up to Dunlap. If I'm reading the info about the ping right, it sounds like the ping was picked up at a tower near a Wal-Mart.

This ping situation has always confused me, but I think I'd like to finally get it straight in my head:DN said "traces on Gail Palmgren’s cellphone directed police to an area near the north base of Signal Mountain. The last time there was activity on the cellphone was May 2."

This seems kind of vague to me. It doesn't specifically state the north base pings were on the 2nd. Do we know for certain those north base pings were May 2nd, that they were the last activity on the phone?

BBM... Me too.. I just don't understand how the Walmart area on Signal Mtn Blvd close to Mtn Creek Road can be referred to as the north base of the mountain...

IF CC did see Gail on Big Fork Road on April 30th and the sighing was in Sequatchie County that area could most definitely be referred to as being north base.. Thats all I know.....
IF someone reading here has definite and accurate knowledge as to what area is considered to be north base please speak up and help us solve this problem.... TYIA..

JMHO.

sreshowtime
09-05-2011, 11:43 PM

This ping situation has always confused me, but I think I'd like to finally get it straight in my head:

DN said "traces on Gail Palmgren’s cellphone directed police to an area near the north base of Signal Mountain. The last time there was activity on the cellphone was May 2."

When they say activity on cell 5/2, do they mean actual calls, coming or going? Or just that the phone was still on, therefore 'pinging' off a tower?

SO April 30 is when she disappeared, yet her cell phone was still showing in the immediate area up to May 2.....correct?
Was it pinging on any other towers prior to the last one?

glorias
09-06-2011, 03:31 AM
There was no legal separation/divorce proceedings going on at said time and MP wouldn't have a leg to stand on in this scenario. Gail had just as much right to those kids and if MP tried to pull that kind of crap in court it wouldn't hold water.

I want to be clear that I am not saying MP was making any kind of valid argument.

See, we know they were headed for divorce before she disappeared, both AD and DN have said so, plus Gail was documenting things for the upcoming divorce. Maybe MP was too, and that got me to thinking, what if MP said he was documenting Gail not returning the kids home at a time he insisted upon? Or that she took the kids when he didn't approve of it or know of it?

If Gail was scared, it wouldn't matter if MP was making a valid argument or not, just as long as he could manipulate her.

Tangentially, I would say that the validity of anything MP might claim in a hypothetical divorce case would be determined by a judge, and unfortunately I've seen some judges rule in some really weird ways IMVHO.

Just my 2 cents on all that.

Some1Nose
09-06-2011, 07:33 AM

LE reportedly not only were led to cell phone activity (ping?) at the north base of SM, but also searched a portion of Suck Creek which I thought was near the Walmart on SM Blvd? (Does Suck Creek run to the north base, as well?)

Sooo....maybe there were pings detected at both the South and North bases of SM between 4/30 to 5/2??

One thing is clear, imo...if Gail left the area, her cell phone did not!

Some1Nose
09-06-2011, 07:45 AM
It would be helpful to know if Gail was a person who kept to a routine? For example, did she drive the same route to and from SM and the AL lake house?
(Especially going down and up Signal Mountain?)

It sounds as though Gail had not had much rest on 4/29 and 4/30...so it seems reasonable that she may have chosen the most direct route up SM and down again on the early afternoon of 4/30 (epecially with apparently only minutes between driving up and down again); unless, she had plans to meet with someone and/or go to a particular place that involved an uncustomary route for her.

Some1Nose
09-06-2011, 07:55 AM

snipped-

(respectfully snipped)

When I did some reading about 2010 Jeep Rubicon performance reviews awhile back, I read that some tend to have a stability problem but don't recall the particulars. I just remember thinking I would not want to be on back roads and rough terrain in one of those!

Maybe some car (Jeep Rubicon) buffs can weigh in?

Just doing a little editing of a recent post of mine to display the correct quote from sreshowtime. :)

Emeralgem
09-06-2011, 08:44 AM
LE reportedly not only were led to cell phone activity (ping?) at the north base of SM, but also searched a portion of Suck Creek which I thought was near the Walmart on SM Blvd? (Does Suck Creek run to the north base, as well?)

Sooo....maybe there were pings detected at both the South and North bases of SM between 4/30 to 5/2??

One thing is clear, imo...if Gail left the area, her cell phone did not!

Mountain roads around here can be so confusing. Suck Creek Road runs from the foot of Signal Mtn located in Hamilton County over to Powell's Crossroads located in Marion County.
Sequatchie County is located north of Marion County.
For the most part both Marion and Sequatchie counties are west and north of what i consider to be the foot of Signal Mtn...

http://mapq.st/pO0oe6

CatFancier
09-06-2011, 09:59 AM
With the info that came out this weekend (that we are officially discounting but my brain isn't that smart), I have more hope for the first time that Gail is still alive and out there.

If MP could manipulate her, in her fear, with maybe having her declared incompetent, I could actually see her leaving over this. I could see him undermining her confidence with how he did most of the parenting until the last summer, how she wasn't working, how she didn't have family nearby to support her with the kids and how she was paranoid and cracking up.

Of course she could recognize her anxiety but could also know that he is capable of arranging things. I think going to the lawyer friends and having them turn on her would confirm that he is the one people believe.

But then there was the earlier comment that they may have met on the mountain on her way down and that has been my fear all along.

Any chance anyone has his VIN to see if any car repairs were made on his vehicle during the timeframe that is unaccounted for after her disappearance?

I really want her to be okay.

sreshowtime
09-06-2011, 11:09 AM
FWIW, this is gonna sound crazy, but I wonder if GP holed up in a hotel somewhere around there that afternoon she came down the mountain...the closest one I could find to that WalMart was a Cherokee Motel and it happens to have a really 'creepy' review
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g54946-d248116-Reviews-Cherokee_Motel-Chattanooga_Tennessee.html

Another thought I had, hoping that she IS alive, is what if she made it to a larger city like Birmingham or Atlanta, and wound up at a homeless shelter?? I Do know someone in Atlanta that works with one of the missions, I can see if she can get any info****.....

eta- ****I have contacted her to see what suggestions she may have as to how to go about seeing if GP may have utilized any homeless services in the metro ATL area

Emeralgem
09-06-2011, 12:18 PM
FWIW, this is gonna sound crazy, but I wonder if GP holed up in a hotel somewhere around there that afternoon she came down the mountain...the closest one I could find to that WalMart was a Cherokee Motel and it happens to have a really 'creepy' review
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g54946-d248116-Reviews-Cherokee_Motel-Chattanooga_Tennessee.html

Another thought I had, hoping that she IS alive, is what if she made it to a larger city like Birmingham or Atlanta, and wound up at a homeless shelter?? I Do know someone in Atlanta that works with one of the missions, I can see if she can get any info****.....

eta- ****I have contacted her to see what suggestions she may have as to how to go about seeing if GP may have utilized any homeless services in the metro ATL area

In reference to myself I would love to believe she, as well as LE up on Signal Mtn, realized she was in extreme danger and she is in hiding somewhere out there until it is safe for her to return home to her children, unfortunately my head, my heart and my gut all tell me she didn't find a safe haven to escape to on April 30th...JMHO

ETA.. I can't imagine GP or anyone ever wanting to check in to the Cherokee Motel..JMHO

sreshowtime
09-06-2011, 01:08 PM
hmm, I was thinking in reference to a hotel, is that she may have been 'found' there and foul play ensued from there....
and if she was totally frightened and wanting to get away and fleeing an 'attacker', maybe she hit the road out of there as fast as possible and wound up further away, maybe in a larger metro area....where it is easy to get lost, in more ways than one.
I do a lot of thinking out of the proverbial box, sorry:blushing:

Emeralgem
09-06-2011, 01:29 PM
hmm, I was thinking in reference to a hotel, is that she may have been 'found' there and foul play ensued from there....and if she was totally frightened and wanting to get away and fleeing an 'attacker', maybe she hit the road out of there as fast as possible and wound up further away, maybe in a larger metro area....where it is easy to get lost, in more ways than one.
I do a lot of thinking out of the proverbial box, sorry:blushing:

BBM. Thats possible however anyone who lives in the area would know one of the last places anyone who was seeking a safe haven would voluntarily want to go to would be the Cherokee Motel.. JMHO

ETA.. IMO.. No need to ever apologize for thinking out of the proverbial box..JMHO

sreshowtime
09-06-2011, 01:40 PM
but...what if 'she' didn't 'choose' to go someplace like the Cherokee?? It not like , ahem, someone would force her to a relative's house... to do harm...unless a relative was involved , in it too...right...maybe??? Wouldn't that someone force her to a more unusual place....some place they would not normally be seen? And considering the time frame before the missing reports came in...could someone have been up to sumpin???

Emeralgem
09-06-2011, 01:49 PM
but...what if 'she' didn't 'choose' to go someplace like the Cherokee?? It not like , ahem, someone would force her to a relative's house... to do harm...unless a relative was involved , in it too...right...maybe??? Wouldn't that someone force her to a more unusual place....some place they would not normally be seen? And considering the time frame before the missing reports came in...could someone have been up to sumpin???

In reference to myself I believe it was a MFH and yes, I do believe wherever Gail was that afternoon wasn't of her own volition...JMHO..

sreshowtime
09-06-2011, 02:21 PM
(what's MFH?:confused: )

Emeralgem
09-06-2011, 02:48 PM
(what's mfh?:confused: )

murder for hire..jmho

sreshowtime
09-06-2011, 02:58 PM
Ahhh ...said the blind man to the deaf man:)

almino
09-06-2011, 03:14 PM
Perhaps the phone pinging last on May 2 is as simple as: her minutes were running out. She decided she wanted a non-traceable/pay as you go phone and picked up a Wal-Mart phone. She wouldn't care about her old phone and planned to use a Straight Talk/pay as you go phone.

But then I still think it odd she didn't contact close family in all this time.

redfish
09-06-2011, 03:37 PM
Perhaps the phone pinging last on May 2 is as simple as: her minutes were running out. She decided she wanted a non-traceable/pay as you go phone and picked up a Wal-Mart phone. She wouldn't care about her old phone and planned to use a Straight Talk/pay as you go phone.

This was my thought in the beginning. With the old one being monitored this makes perfect sense. It is what I would do. However, as time went on and none of her friends, relatives or especially her children heard from her, this just does not seem to be the case.

redfish
09-06-2011, 03:48 PM
Gails' behavior on the 30th, as related by Diane and Suzie, show a very frightened and upset Gail. It implies that she was threatened to return the children. IMO

I agree that intelligent Gail should have realized that she did not have to return the children at all. But I too have been in that horrible confused state and know that logic is sometimes not available to the distraught. I can see her thinking that to return them temporarily would buy her time to finish getting her plans in order. It seems that pressure had been stepped up a bit in the last few days and things were getting out of control fast. This is MY opinion and take on what may have happened. I just wish knowing/feeling this somehow would bring us closer to finding her. :(

Snowbunny
09-06-2011, 05:09 PM
People keep thinking that she remained in the area, but is it possible she picked up a phone a Walmart as someone suggested and she threw her old phone? She could have been out of the state of TN in a matter of hours. She had a two day head start before anyone was the wiser that she was gone. I pray with all my heart that she's still out there a live and in hiding. She could have made it halfway across the country in two days, which I've done myself when I lived in TN. This is just another thought.

JayCeeVee
09-06-2011, 05:28 PM
ETA.. I can't imagine GP or anyone ever wanting to check in to the Cherokee Motel..JMHO[/QUOTE]

Me either. Besides, her vehicle would have been too recognizable. I have wondered all along if she REALLY was driving her Rubicon or was another woman/man disguised as a woman in that vehicle. I know she was seen but how certain are we that it was her since she feared that someone was following her. There are a lot of unanswered questions for certain. At first, I thought she might have gone to a safe house but as time goes on, I don't believe that either.

I would be thrilled to pieces to hear that she was safe and sound and could be re-united with her precious children but sadly I feel she has gone the way of all the other endangered species wives out there who are missing.

Just my thoughts.

Oriah
09-06-2011, 06:52 PM

A lot of people think Straight Talk (or similar) pay as you go phones are untraceable- when in fact they are quite the opposite. You have to register to activate when purchased. If you don't activate, the purchase is still registered by sale location. And then (if actively using minutes) one can trace back to purchase location as well as provider.
(Little known fact!)

KathyJ
09-06-2011, 08:12 PM
still have that feeling if Gail went to a safe house of some sort she would have never driven back home. She would have went straight there with the kids instead of the house that morning.

We know nothing of phone records correct? My thought is after she called the people who said they spoke to her that morning on her way home she received another call perhaps from MP and the plan changed---drop the kids at home and meet him somewhere else to talk....just speculating. With everything that was going on something made her take the kids home and leave without them and it had to be a darn good reason she did that.

I know it can be a very normal practice to leave kids at home alone at this age for a short time under normal circumstances. We all know with what was going on, I don't think she would have dropped the kids and left on her own. JMO. Even looking at the phone records if MP called her it is not unusual. He could tell LE he called to see when she would be arriving home. But what if he did call and changed the plan, wanted to meet her alone to talk and not in front of the children....and it was just a trap of some sort. Again JMO and just thinking out loud.

Some1Nose
09-06-2011, 08:12 PM
After having just completed an extensive GEarth 'fly-over' of Signal Mountain and the surrounding area....whew, and exhausting, I might add....one thing I couldn't help but realize is: there are so many places for a vehicle and person to disappear via accident or be disappeared deliberately on SM and in the surrounding area (in any direction)...there is such a vast quantity of dense vegetation and so many bodies of water, it is mind boggling!

Having said that, I did notice that the W road comes down the mountain ending in close proximity to where MP's mother lives on Mountain Creek Rd. And MP stated he was running errands with his mother close to the time Gail dropped the children off at their SM home. Further, MP reportedly arrived at the SM home around 12:25 pm on 4/30 as witnessed by neighbor SB while Gail left the SM home around 12:15 pm as witnessed by SB.

I still hold to the theory that Gail and MP may have quite possibly traveled the same road (W road) at approximately the same time on 4/30 and....fill-in the blanks as you see fit.

I will add that I do know what a control freak is like when they are out on the highways and biways when it comes to exhibiting their controlling behavior in the form of road rage.

Emeralgem
09-06-2011, 08:49 PM
After having just completed an extensive GEarth 'fly-over' of Signal Mountain and the surrounding area....whew, and exhausting, I might add....one thing I couldn't help but realize is: there are so many places for a vehicle and person to disappear via accident or be disappeared deliberately on SM and in the surrounding area (in any direction)...there is such a vast quantity of dense vegetation and so many bodies of water, it is mind boggling!

Having said that, I did notice that the W road comes down the mountain ending in close proximity to where MP's mother lives on Mountain Creek Rd. And MP stated he was running errands with his mother close to the time Gail dropped the children off at their SM home. Further, MP reportedly arrived at the SM home around 12:25 pm on 4/30 as witnessed by neighbor SB while Gail left the SM home around 12:15 pm as witnessed by SB.

I still hold to the theory that Gail and MP may have quite possibly traveled the same road (W road) at approximately the same time on 4/30 and....fill-in the blanks as you see fit.

I will add that I do know what a control freak is like when they are out on the highways and biways when it comes to exhibiting their controlling behavior in the form of road rage.

I was enroute to St. Johns Island in the Carribbean on the 30th of April but I do know from speaking with friends who were here in town that weekend there was much activity going on in the city and on Signal the Saturday after the storms came through on the 27th. We had insurance adjusters from all over the country who were in town, utilty workers were everywhere and they came in from other areas too as well as tree cutters from all over came in to help with the cleanup... I seriously doubt Gail met up with foul play in the form of road rage on either the "W" Road or the main road that goes up and down the front of the mtn..JMHO

JBean
09-06-2011, 09:51 PM
Regarding the telephone. Here we have a woman that is calling friends,relatives and SMPD regularly and often.
Then she calls no one.

No phone use that I know of after her last calls she made as she was heading down the mountain. A ping on 5/2, that I ASSUME is her phone dying somewhere in the mountain area. At the beginning I thought she may have tossed it and was picking up a batphone.
The only problem with that is if she was going to get a bat phone-she must have planned on calling someone and to date-she hasn't.

Gail is not gone on her own,imo. I think that notion is too far fetched and cannot imagine any scenario where that makes sense.

sreshowtime
09-06-2011, 11:50 PM
For what it is worth, and for future reference ( might be good info to know in another situation) this is what I got back from my friend that works with an organization in Atlanta-
"Ironically, we cannot even confirm to police when there's a missing person (if it's an adult who does not wish to be found). I can check w/ our shelters but won't be able to confirm if she's there or not (confidentiality issues & also b/c of domestic situations). If there's a message for her to contact someone, then I can get the message to her (if she's there), but we can't make her call if she chooses not to. If you wanted to email me her name, I can check w/ our women's shelter director & convey any info you want (if she's there)."

SO - I will send my friend a little more info, and on the slim :( chance she is there, who in the world would one say she should contact??

CatFancier
09-06-2011, 11:57 PM
Years ago, when I was college-age, someone threatened me and slashed all of my tires. I called my dad and he had my car towed to repair it. I was so afraid that I hid the entire time they were making repairs and then went to the most off-the-wall cheap motel I could find, parked very close to bushes and took off my license plates...all because I didn't think anyone would look for me there. Fear makes you do odd things.

I'm praying for the unimaginable situation that would make her hide and stay that way. If not, I'm praying for justice in a big way.

When someone posted Diane's FB message a few days ago, we had a rare opportunity to see a different Gail. There was a photo taken last summer when she had bangs rather than the swept look. She looked so natural and so happy. She has an inner beauty and a gentleness about her and I desperately want her to be okay.

CatFancier
09-06-2011, 11:59 PM
For what it is worth, and for future reference ( might be good info to know in another situation) this is what I got back from my friend that works with an organization in Atlanta-
"Ironically, we cannot even confirm to police when there's a missing person (if it's an adult who does not wish to be found). I can check w/ our shelters but won't be able to confirm if she's there or not (confidentiality issues & also b/c of domestic situations). If there's a message for her to contact someone, then I can get the message to her (if she's there), but we can't make her call if she chooses not to. If you wanted to email me her name, I can check w/ our women's shelter director & convey any info you want (if she's there)."

SO - I will send my friend a little more info, and on the slim :( chance she is there, who in the world would one say she should contact??

I vote for her sister.

Irish_Eyes
09-07-2011, 12:01 AM
NO ONE! MP has people that read on here, we know that. If you message your friend and she is there by some small chance and she calls LE and they change her status to voluntarily missing....hmmmm.....where would YOU go looking for her?

If something has happened to Gail, if there has been some accident, or if someone harmed her in any way, I want her to be found ASAP and the person(s) responsible (if any) brought to justice.

If she is in a shelter in another state because she felt like she needed to take such drastic measures to preserve her own life, and if she felt that someone was after her and worried that her children might become "collateral damage" if they were with her, and as hard as it was, made the choice to do that, I want to respect that choice.

Still, I can't imagine a situation where she can't at least get word to her children in some way. I applaud you for trying, but I don't think she's there. :(

Emeralgem
09-07-2011, 12:04 AM

I would think her brother or her sister..JMHO..

Emeralgem
09-07-2011, 12:10 AM
This has not been confirmed to my knowledge but I just read on another site Gail's father-n-law, Matt P's father has passed away.
I just checked Chattanoogan.com but his name is not listed in their obituary section as of yet..

sreshowtime
09-07-2011, 12:13 AM
thanks- my friend would absolutely NOT be able to tell me if she were there....she is a stand up person and there is no way she would break confidentiality rules.

redfish
09-07-2011, 12:52 AM
My opinion on the shelter issue is much the same as JBean said with the phone issue. In the first weeks of Gail being missing I really thought this was where she may have gone - I hoped that it was, anyway. However, if that were the case I would think that Gail would have been paying attention to what has been happening to her case. She would have had mercy on her sister I would think, and let her know in some way that she was ok. My hopes were that LE was working on something in her behalf to make her safer. After this length of time I don't think this is the case either. I don't think Gail CAN come home now. I believe someone took that option away on April 30. :(

Sleuthy1
09-07-2011, 01:00 AM
This has not been confirmed to my knowledge but I just read on another site Gail's father-n-law, Matt P's father has passed away.
I just checked Chattanoogan.com but his name is not listed in their obituary section as of yet..

:twocents:September 6, 2011 ~ According to the TimesFreePress Obituary ... Matthew Palmgren's father, Fredrick Palmgren passed away in hosptial after fall in which he hit his head. The fall occurred on August 28th at the Nursing Home where he has been a resident for quite some time now.:innocent:

http://www.timesfreepress.com/obituaries/2011/sep/07/frederick-palmgren/

JBean
09-07-2011, 01:17 AM
I heard about Mr. Palmgren earlier today and may he rest in peace-God Bless his soul.

JBean
09-07-2011, 01:19 AM

Even if she were in "hiding" imo that is not a voluntary absence. She would be hiding because she is in fear.

redfish
09-07-2011, 01:20 AM
I am truly sorry to hear that.

Some1Nose
09-07-2011, 05:46 AM
I was enroute to St. Johns Island in the Carribbean on the 30th of April but I do know from speaking with friends who were here in town that weekend there was much activity going on in the city and on Signal the Saturday after the storms came through on the 27th. We had insurance adjusters from all over the country who were in town, utilty workers were everywhere and they came in from other areas too as well as tree cutters from all over came in to help with the cleanup... I seriously doubt Gail met up with foul play in the form of road rage on either the "W" Road or the main road that goes up and down the front of the mtn..JMHO

Em - Thanks for the info. But Gail didn't just disappear into thin air; something did happen in the middle of the day that noone noticed unless they chose not to come forward with information they had. And then there is the alleged sighting by CC in the Big Fork Rd area.

IMO, a road rage encounter with MP is conceivable and accidents can occur in the blink of an eye...when noone happens to be nearby or are not paying attention.

Some1Nose
09-07-2011, 05:56 AM
Now, the Palmgren children have lost a grandparent, too. I hope they are receiving the compassionate TLC they so richly deserve, but noone can replace their mother's love.

Some1Nose
09-07-2011, 06:04 AM
When someone posted Diane's FB message a few days ago, we had a rare opportunity to see a different Gail. There was a photo taken last summer when she had bangs rather than the swept look. She looked so natural and so happy. She has an inner beauty and a gentleness about her and I desperately want her to be okay.
(BBM and respectfully snipped by me.)

jwp - When I first saw Gail's photos and heard what some of her family and friends had to say about her, I felt, and have continued to feel, the exact, same way about her as you expressed...what a Lovely woman!

glorias
09-07-2011, 06:15 AM
thanks- my friend would absolutely NOT be able to tell me if she were there....she is a stand up person and there is no way she would break confidentiality rules.

Maybe you can pass that info on to her sister Diane, then she can take it from there if she needs to. Just a suggestion.

Emeralgem
09-07-2011, 07:39 AM
Em - Thanks for the info. But Gail didn't just disappear into thin air; something did happen in the middle of the day that noone noticed unless they chose not to come forward with information they had. And then there is the alleged sighting by CC in the Big Fork Rd area.

IMO, a road rage encounter with MP is conceivable and accidents can occur in the blink of an eye...when noone happens to be nearby or are not paying attention.

Some1Nose, I realize something did happen and IMO it was not a good something either. I was trying to say I do not think a road rage incident with MP occurred even IF she and MP did cross paths on one of the two main roads that go up and down the mtn...JMHO

vasportsmom
09-07-2011, 08:26 AM
A lot of people think Straight Talk (or similar) pay as you go phones are untraceable- when in fact they are quite the opposite. You have to register to activate when purchased. If you don't activate, the purchase is still registered by sale location. And then (if actively using minutes) one can trace back to purchase location as well as provider.
(Little known fact!)

So true! Three years ago my (then) 13yo son and a friend decided to text a threatening message to a girl that had upset another female friend of theirs. They were certain they couldn't be discovered because it was a pay-as-you-go phone but to further cover their butt they signed another girl's name to the text (I know, that makes no sense whatsoever and I say all the time it is a good thing he is really good looking because he isn't the smartest child ever). Two days later I had a cop knocking on my door looking for my son and this time he was on the other end of the threats.

Further O/T the other's girls parents asked to meet with us and we gladly agreed since they were opting not to press charges. After many apologies were given I assured them my son was being punished and in fact as part of that he was on his was over to the baseball field to tell his coach he would have to withdraw for the rest of the season. They threatened to call CPS on me if I did any such thing because "Jay was a good kid that made one silly mistake." I was left speechless and dumbfounded but Jay played the rest of the season, the little girl came to watch most of his games and in the years since they have "dated" several times. :waitasec:

hollyblue
09-07-2011, 09:29 AM
I think at the time she drove those kids home she was less worried about what MP may or may not do in a future court action and more worried about invoking his temper at that moment....JMHO

JMO, but I think either MP found out something GP was doing..ie: PI, check to DN, etc, or GP let it out in a moment of anger and frustration. His calling DN with the threats tells me DN knew much about what was going on. I don't think he would call DN if he felt in control. Says alot, imo.

hollyblue
09-07-2011, 09:34 AM
BBM... Me too.. I just don't understand how the Walmart area on Signal Mtn Blvd close to Mtn Creek Road can be referred to as the north base of the mountain...

IF CC did see Gail on Big Fork Road on April 30th and the sighing was in Sequatchie County that area could most definitely be referred to as being north base.. Thats all I know.....
IF someone reading here has definite and accurate knowledge as to what area is considered to be north base please speak up and help us solve this problem.... TYIA..

JMHO.

Em, just wanted to say thank you for your great descriptions of the area. :rocker: If I ever visit SM or the area I could find my way around quite easily!

hollyblue
09-07-2011, 09:53 AM
With the info that came out this weekend (that we are officially discounting but my brain isn't that smart), I have more hope for the first time that Gail is still alive and out there.

If MP could manipulate her, in her fear, with maybe having her declared incompetent, I could actually see her leaving over this. I could see him undermining her confidence with how he did most of the parenting until the last summer, how she wasn't working, how she didn't have family nearby to support her with the kids and how she was paranoid and cracking up.

Of course she could recognize her anxiety but could also know that he is capable of arranging things. I think going to the lawyer friends and having them turn on her would confirm that he is the one people believe.

But then there was the earlier comment that they may have met on the mountain on her way down and that has been my fear all along.

Any chance anyone has his VIN to see if any car repairs were made on his vehicle during the timeframe that is unaccounted for after her disappearance?

I really want her to be okay.

BBM

I may be wrong and totalling off track, but think this plays a big part into the whole case.

hollyblue
09-07-2011, 10:07 AM
(Little known fact!)

Thanks for confirming my beliefs on tracing toss-a-way phones. Oriah, couple of questions about cell phones and if this applies to all or just certain models. Can/cannot trace if they are turned off and cannot trace if the battery is removed? I've seen this bantered so many time in cases. TIA.

hollyblue
09-07-2011, 10:14 AM

In case y'all can't tell..I'm catching up......:innocent:

I don't recall this being confirmed...just that she saw GP. ???

hollyblue
09-07-2011, 10:44 AM
Flooding in Signal Mtn and surrounding areas:

http://www.wrcbtv.com/story/15395984/area-road-closures-and-conditions

McSpy
09-07-2011, 05:20 PM
What do you all feel about the possible sighting of Gail near Insurance Mt.? Could the woman with Gail been MP's lover? Could this woman have held a weapon on Gail from the back seat of the Jeep when Gail left the Signal Mt. home after dropping off the kids?

McSpy
09-07-2011, 05:29 PM
Was it possible that someone got into her Jeep when she was in the house tending to her kids after she dropped them off?

Emeralgem
09-07-2011, 06:12 PM
Was it possible that someone got into her Jeep when she was in the house tending to her kids after she dropped them off?

IMHO.. That scenario is highly possible..JMHO

MacGyver
09-07-2011, 07:53 PM
Regarding the telephone. Here we have a woman that is calling friends,relatives and SMPD regularly and often.
Then she calls no one.

No phone use that I know of after her last calls she made as she was heading down the mountain. A ping on 5/2, that I ASSUME is her phone dying somewhere in the mountain area. At the beginning I thought she may have tossed it and was picking up a batphone.
The only problem with that is if she was going to get a bat phone-she must have planned on calling someone and to date-she hasn't.

Gail is not gone on her own,imo. I think that notion is too far fetched and cannot imagine any scenario where that makes sense.

IIRC, a month or so ago the police released the information that MP was the last person to talk to Gail.

glorias
09-07-2011, 10:30 PM
IIRC, a month or so ago the police released the information that MP was the last person to talk to Gail.

That's right, I had forgotten. It was in the letter sent to the Governor asking for Gail to be one of the missing that had a reward fund set up for info. The PDF of that letter has been taken down (and I didn't get a copy, unfortunately) but I seem to recall that it said Matt was the last known person to see Gail.

MacGyver
09-07-2011, 10:36 PM
That's right, I had forgotten. It was in the letter sent to the Governor asking for Gail to be one of the missing that had a reward fund set up for info. The PDF of that letter has been taken down (and I didn't get a copy, unfortunately) but I seem to recall that it said Matt was the last known person to see Gail.

I don't think it was last person to see her, but I think they have phone records that show he was the last person to talk to her.

hollyblue
09-07-2011, 11:09 PM
What do you all feel about the possible sighting of Gail near Insurance Mt.? Could the woman with Gail been MP's lover? Could this woman have held a weapon on Gail from the back seat of the Jeep when Gail left the Signal Mt. home after dropping off the kids?

This has been my belief from almost the beginning, tho I'm not convinced of the sighting by CC. I also believe that phones were used and LE may have a bit of a puzzle with trying to piece together who had called-- when and on what or who's phone. (Someone had to have GP's phone til the 2nd..and I'm not feeling it was GP.) Unless DN or someone who talked to Gail and she specifically stated she was on her way down the mtn or at the base (Walmart, etc), I believe she called at the house. I'd like to know if SB saw her driving by on the way to drop the kids off or saw her in the driveway, the kids or dogs in the yard, etc to cause her to start walking toward the house. jmo

Emeralgem
09-07-2011, 11:44 PM
I don't think it was last person to see her, but I think they have phone records that show he was the last person to talk to her.

Just wondering what time that conversation took place and IF it was before or after SB saw her leave the Signal Mtn residence at 12:15....

Emeralgem
09-07-2011, 11:48 PM
This has been my belief from almost the beginning, tho I'm not convinced of the sighting by CC. I also believe that phones were used and LE may have a bit of a puzzle with trying to piece together who had called-- when and on what or who's phone. (Someone had to have GP's phone til the 2nd..and I'm not feeling it was GP.) Unless DN or someone who talked to Gail and she specifically stated she was on her way down the mtn or at the base (Walmart, etc), I believe she called at the house. I'd like to know if SB saw her driving by on the way to drop the kids off or saw her in the driveway, the kids or dogs in the yard, etc to cause her to start walking toward the house. jmo

In reference to myself I'm not totally convinced CC didn't see her on Big Fork Road that afternoon/ early evening..JMHO

hollyblue
09-07-2011, 11:57 PM
Just wondering what time that conversation took place and IF it was before or after SB saw her leave the Signal Mtn residence at 12:15....

This is where I'm thinking: What if it wasn't MP who had his phone when this call was made. The records show it was MP calling, but it could have been someone using his phone. kwim? MP's cell records show him using his phone at the base of the mtn, but he could have been "elsewhere". I hope when the media or reports say a call....it is A call and not a text. Especially when she contacted DN.

Allusonz
09-07-2011, 11:57 PM

I have thought many times the fact that she drove by her neighbor without acknowledging her even with a glance was troubling. This could very well be a possibility

hollyblue
09-08-2011, 12:05 AM
In reference to myself I'm not totally convinced CC didn't see her on Big Fork Road that afternoon/ early evening..JMHO

It very well could have been Em and with one scenario I'm thinking about...it's a real possiblity; but the reason I'm doubting it at this point, is because of the timing in conjuction with other things that were going on at that time and lack of further info that was pertinent, imo, to release to the public and it didn't happen. To me, jmo, it was a smoke screen.

It has crossed my mind, like others, wondering if MP could have some of LE or others in "his pocket" so to speak.

Emeralgem
09-08-2011, 12:18 AM
It very well could have been Em and with one scenario I'm thinking about...it's a real possiblity; but the reason I'm doubting it at this point, is because of the timing in conjuction with other things that were going on at that time and lack of further info that was pertinent, imo, to release to the public and it didn't happen. To me, jmo, it was a smoke screen.
It has crossed my mind, like others, wondering if MP could have some of LE or others in "his pocket" so to speak.

I'm not quite understanding what you mean by other things going on at that time..

God forbid he has LE or anyone with influence in his pocket who will help derail the truth as to what really happened...JMHO...

hollyblue
09-08-2011, 03:56 AM
I'm not quite understanding what you mean by other things going on at that time..

God forbid he has LE or anyone with influence in his pocket who will help derail the truth as to what really happened...JMHO...

BBM

I agree.

The report to LE of the sighting was around the same time as the press conference and the recovery of the items by the detective from the AL and SM homes. (computers, etc.) IIRC; her sighting was WEEKS before it hit the MSM. Allegedly, she saw the news, reported it to Sequachie Co...they didn't respond so she called friend/acquaintance who worked there...and he eventually called it in to SMPD/HCSO. They (SM or HC ) didn't go take a look-see until the week prior to the media release of the info on Jun 13...although it was discussed on the FB page much earlier and CC's name wasn't discussed

Some1Nose
09-08-2011, 05:00 AM
In case y'all can't tell..I'm catching up......:innocent:

I don't recall this being confirmed...just that she saw GP. ???

Sorry 'bout that...didn't mean to make it read as though confirmed! It was discussed in early threads #1 - #4 but not sure if it was ever confirmed...does anyone else know? (Referring to a neighbor's sighting of MP arriving at the SM home on 4/30 at approx. 12:25 pm/10 minutes after SB saw Gail leave the SM home.)

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6562741&postcount=61

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6563056&postcount=65

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6563092&postcount=67

MacGyver
09-08-2011, 05:52 AM

That, I think, was never released.

MacGyver
09-08-2011, 05:56 AM

That has worried me from the very beginning...and still does.

I love you Gail Marie; please come home! <3

Oriah
09-08-2011, 10:16 AM

MacGyver, again- I am so sorry for the disappearance of your friend. It is a terrible thing to have a loved one missing under any circumstances. :(
Could you possibly answer a couple of questions for me?
Does Gail have any birthmarks, scars, or tattoos- or any other disinguishing features?
TIA if you can answer this. Also, do you know if the Palmgren's vacationed in Disney World in 2010?

Oriah
09-08-2011, 12:00 PM
JBean, I agree.
I am more inclined to think that Gail's phone was either tossed by someone other than Gail (whose phone and/or vehicle may match up with that last ping from Gail's ) or lost in a vehicular accident, and then subsequently died after the battery ran out, or was very damaged in the process. :(

Then she calls no one.

Emeralgem
09-08-2011, 03:53 PM

I can't begin to tell you how upset I am going to be IF what you are concerned about is in anyway true.JMHO..

Please know, my heart truly hurts for those of you who know her personally and love her.. I can't imagine what you are experiencing...

Emeralgem
09-08-2011, 09:18 PM
LE here in Chattanooga and Tn need to take notes from LE up in Mo.. Seems they know how to apply real pressure to the spouse of a missing woman.... JMHO...

McSpy
09-09-2011, 02:35 AM

Most SUVs have dark tinted windows in the rear passenger and cargo area. Someone could have slipped into the rear seat and hid, then surprised GP with a demand when GP got behind the wheel. The neighbor may have missed this, because the perp was careful. The Palmgren house is set back from the street, which would have made it hard for anyone to see someone slipping into the car at certain angles.

I think the neighbor waved at GP while GP drove out of her driveway, but the neighbor got no response back. My impression is that the neighbor was walking to get mail or was out for an exercise walk. I could be wrong. The phone calls may blow my theory. It is an area I need to do more research. Something happened to GP. It just doesn't make sense she would leave her children.

Someone could have slipped into her vehicle in the Walmart lot as well, or anywhere else she stopped for that matter. I wonder if she had the habit of locking her vehicle's doors?

Oriah
09-09-2011, 04:29 AM
Most SUVs have dark tinted windows in the rear passenger and cargo area. Someone could have slipped into the rear seat and hid, then surprised GP with a demand when GP got behind the wheel. The neighbor may have missed this, because the perp was careful. The Palmgren house is set back from the street, which would have made it hard for anyone to see someone slipping into the car at certain angles.

I think the neighbor waved at GP while GP drove out of her driveway, but the neighbor got no response back. My impression is that the neighbor was walking to get mail or was out for an exercise walk. I could be wrong. The phone calls may blow my theory. It is an area I need to do more research. Something happened to GP. It just doesn't make sense she would leave her children.

Someone could have slipped into her vehicle in the Walmart lot as well, or anywhere else she stopped for that matter. I wonder if she had the habit of locking her vehicle's doors?

The tinted window aspect is, I think, a very pertinent point McSpy.
It certainly lends value to direction of travel. Thanks for revisiting that topic.

Emeralgem
09-09-2011, 08:18 AM
The tinted window aspect is, I think, a very pertinent point McSpy.
It certainly lends value to direction of travel. Thanks for revisiting that topic.

How, I'm not quite understanding what you are trying to convey...JMHO

Oriah
09-09-2011, 08:40 AM
How, I'm not quite understanding what you are trying to convey...JMHO

Well, if there are tinted windows on a vehicle (and depending upon which windows are tinted) if passing a vehicle traveling in the opposite direction, it would be easy to see a driver, but not passengers in a rear seat. If traveling in the same direction, then much more likely to be able to identify a passenger seated in the front passenger seat. Unless there is confusion over left-hand/right-hand driving. Or it is a right-sided vehicle. Also, it would explain why SB's sighting was important. Did Gail back out of her driveway and turn immediately to the left on Ridgerock? Or did she circle around the cul de sac?
I've probably now thoroughly confused everyone!

My ramble makes me think of something else.

What time is the mail typically delivered in that neighborhood? Also, did any street sweepers (or similar-type vehicles) travel through the neighborhood that day? Who plows in the winter?

hollyblue
09-09-2011, 11:03 AM

Agree. Hmmm. Wonder if Matt got HIS key back after GP hid it from him? He could easily have a key made and give it to someone else. I hadn't put much thought into her being abducted from the WM parking lot....or any parking lot for that matter, but it surely is possible. I know of one case where the hubby's gf posed as a cop (bought look a like uniform from a thrift shop) approached the woman in the parking lot, informed her she was under arrest, handcuffed her and then took her out to the boonies and did her in. I believe the fake "arrest" was presumption of shoplifting. Shortly after she was in the car she realized it was all a ruse, fought and tried to get away..but to no avail. :( Nice gf, huh?

After watching the ID channel with their episodes on women killers and the news everyday (especially in the cities) I'm a bit more leary :crazy:
So, yup, TH is still on my radar ...and she lawyered up too.

I would feel more positive about CC's sighting if we had a color or more decscription of the pick up the jeep stopped by; since they did mention it. I don't think they would have if they had a lead they were quitely checking out. imo.

hollyblue
09-09-2011, 11:46 AM
LE here in Chattanooga and Tn need to take notes from LE up in Mo.. Seems they know how to apply real pressure to the spouse of a missing woman.... JMHO...

Yes, just heard Jacque Waller's hubby confessed to his father of killing her and placing her in a hole. :( So sad for her family and those beautiful kids. The hubby has joined the ranks of others like Drew Peterson in sadly representing LE and dimming their image. May her family finally have some kind of closure..at least in their day and night wondering what happened. Sending prayers their way.

Emeralgem
09-09-2011, 06:40 PM

My understanding is Gail talked to SMPD and wanted them to meet her at the residence, what I want to know is did they tell her they would or did they tell her they wouldn't/couldn't and for her to call them IF she encountered any problems with MP when she returned home to the residence....JMHO

Praying for Gail and her children.. Hoping she is found soon...

McSpy
09-09-2011, 10:03 PM
My understanding is Gail talked to SMPD and wanted them to meet her at the residence, what I want to know is did they tell her they would or did they tell her they wouldn't/couldn't and for her to call them IF she encountered any problems with MP when she returned home to the residence....JMHO

Interesting . . . If the SMPD did meet at the residence, I would think the neighbor would have seen a cop car behind GP as she left or parked in the driveway. A cop car in someone's driveway would get my attention. It looks like SMPD said no or they couldn't do it at that time.

glorias
09-09-2011, 10:10 PM
I think the neighbor waved at GP while GP drove out of her driveway, but the neighbor got no response back. My impression is that the neighbor was walking to get mail or was out for an exercise walk. I could be wrong.

Susie went to the house to say hi:

"I saw her leaving around 12:15 that afternoon and I ran up the hill to say hi, because I knew she'd been upset for quite a while. Things have been going on at the house," said neighbor Susie Button. "She just drove away, she never even acknowledged me."

http://www.wrcbtv.com/story/14601268/family-looks-for-missing-woman

OneLostGrl
09-09-2011, 10:30 PM
I keep checking Gail's thread every day hoping for some kind of update. Please come home safe Gail, your babies need you.

Snowbunny
09-10-2011, 01:10 AM
Someone brought up a good thought or possibility on this thread today which I wish we could discuss further. Who's to say that TH wasn't at the house sitting in waiting for Gail to bring the kids home. Do we know where TH was at the time Gail was on her way home with the kids? Maybe she spent the night with MP while Gail and the kids were in AL. Maybe Gail pulled her car into the garage, the kids got out of the vehicle and scrambled into the house while Gail started uppacking the vehicle and TH hid until the kids were out of sight and she force Gail back into the vehicle. The kids would have never been the wiser. Maybe Gail even made it into the house leaving her driver's license and whatnot in the kitchen, but when she went back out to the vehicle TH was waiting for her. Too bad we didn't know where TH was at the time Gail disappeared. It isn't too far of a stretch to believe the possibility of this scenario, after all she went and hired herself a defense attorney also. Just a thought.

mountainmomma
09-10-2011, 07:58 AM
Does anyone know what TH looks like?

Some1Nose
09-10-2011, 08:42 AM
Does anyone know what TH looks like?

I'd like to know if she has dark, long hair or did around the time that Gail went missing??

Some1Nose
09-10-2011, 08:46 AM
Someone brought up a good thought or possibility on this thread today which I wish we could discuss further. Who's to say that TH wasn't at the house sitting in waiting for Gail to bring the kids home. Do we know where TH was at the time Gail was on her way home with the kids? Maybe she spent the night with MP while Gail and the kids were in AL. Maybe Gail pulled her car into the garage, the kids got out of the vehicle and scrambled into the house while Gail started uppacking the vehicle and TH hid until the kids were out of sight and she force Gail back into the vehicle. The kids would have never been the wiser. Maybe Gail even made it into the house leaving her driver's license and whatnot in the kitchen, but when she went back out to the vehicle TH was waiting for her. Too bad we didn't know where TH was at the time Gail disappeared. It isn't too far of a stretch to believe the possibility of this scenario, after all she went and hired herself a defense attorney also. Just a thought.

I think that's an excellent point...TH may have spent the night at the SM home with MP and stayed behind while he supposedly went shopping with JP?

Some1Nose
09-10-2011, 08:51 AM

Good question. Maybe SMPD told her to call them when she arrived at the SM home if MP, or whoever she feared, was at the home and if she was still feeling afraid. She did reportedly call SMPD when she arrived at the SM home and told them that MP was not at the home and she was leaving the children there.

Some1Nose
09-10-2011, 08:56 AM

(respectfully snipped)

Maybe Gail agreed to meet with MP and/or TH somewhere besides the SM home that afternoon on 4/30.

So many possibilities...

obody
09-10-2011, 09:35 AM
(respectfully snipped)

Maybe Gail agreed to meet with MP and/or TH somewhere besides the SM home that afternoon on 4/30.

So many possibilities...

I'm not sure either would risk Gail telling someone who she was going to meet.

If someone harmed Gail, given the complete lack of evidence found so far, seems like they would have been pretty intelligent about it.

MacGyver
09-10-2011, 11:36 AM
MacGyver, again- I am so sorry for the disappearance of your friend. It is a terrible thing to have a loved one missing under any circumstances. :(
Could you possibly answer a couple of questions for me?
Does Gail have any birthmarks, scars, or tattoos- or any other disinguishing features?
TIA if you can answer this. Also, do you know if the Palmgren's vacationed in Disney World in 2010?

Hi Oriah, I talked to GP's sister and she said that she doesn't remember any kind of birthmarks or distinguishing marks of any kind (and she has no tattoos).

Also, they did not go to Disney in 2010.

Thank you so much for your help. I can't believe it's been 19 weeks today. Gail Marie we love you!!! <3

MacGyver
09-10-2011, 11:38 AM
Yes, just heard Jacque Waller's hubby confessed to his father of killing her and placing her in a hole. :( So sad for her family and those beautiful kids. The hubby has joined the ranks of others like Drew Peterson in sadly representing LE and dimming their image. May her family finally have some kind of closure..at least in their day and night wondering what happened. Sending prayers their way.

Prayers for Jacque and her famly. Lord have mercy on them for what they have gone through.

Emeralgem
09-10-2011, 12:07 PM
I'm not sure either would risk Gail telling someone who she was going to meet.
If someone harmed Gail, given the complete lack of evidence found so far, seems like they would have been pretty intelligent about it.

I agree...

$64,000 questions now for me are..... IF she told SMPD Matt P wasn't there at the residence and she was leaving the chidren there, did she tell SMPD where she was going, and WHY she was leaving?
Matt P (supposedly) was to meet her at the residence, but according to what has been revealed, thus far, seems he wasn't there when she and the children arrived home..WHY?
Where did he spend the night Friday night and with whom? Did he hire someone to lay and wait for her to return home from Alabama? Did Matt P.or someone else close to him communicate with someone by telephone or text shortly after Gail left the residence at 12:15? Did he receive information of "mission accomplished" and it was NOW ok for him to return to the residence? IMHO since he conveniently showed up at the residence approximately 10 minutes after Gail was seen leaving the residence I'm thinking this was all well planned out and I just can't shake the feeling of this being a MFH...JMHO

IMHO.. Too too many questions need to be answered expecially since he , himself, has claimed she was paranoid and delusional in regards to thinking someone was following her, and now she is missing for over four months..No trace of her anywhere...VANISHED AND ERASED...

Seems her fears were indeed a reality and yet he hasn't done anything to help LE find out what happened to the mother of his children.... JMHO

Oriah
09-10-2011, 12:12 PM
Hi Oriah, I talked to GP's sister and she said that she doesn't remember any kind of birthmarks or distinguishing marks of any kind (and she has no tattoos).

Also, they did not go to Disney in 2010.

Thank you so much for your help. I can't believe it's been 19 weeks today. Gail Marie we love you!!! <3

Thank you so much for passing along that info, MacGyver.
The reason why I was asking about Disney is because I was trying to trace the different jeep parts- it appears the Goofy hitch cover was sold by Disney. Perhaps it was sold to the dealership.

Do you by any chance know what vehicle was turned in when the Jeep was acquired?

Thoughts and prayers for your friend, MacGyver. <<hugs>>

MacGyver
09-10-2011, 12:38 PM
I agree...

$64,000 questions now for me are..... IF she told SMPD Matt P wasn't there at the residence and she was leaving the chidren there, did she tell SMPD where she was going, and WHY she was leaving?
Matt P (supposedly) was to meet her at the residence, but according to what has been revealed, thus far, seems he wasn't there when she and the children arrived home..WHY?
Where did he spend the night Friday night and with whom? Did he hire someone to lay and wait for her to return home from Alabama? Did Matt P.or someone else close to him communicate with someone by telephone or text shortly after Gail left the residence at 12:15? Did he receive information of "mission accomplished" and it was NOW ok for him to return to the residence? IMHO since he conveniently showed up at the residence approximately 10 minutes after Gail was seen leaving the residence I'm thinking this was all well planned out and I just can't shake the feeling of this being a MFH...JMHO

IMHO.. Too too many questions need to be answered expecially since he , himself, has claimed she was paranoid and delusional in regards to thinking someone was following her, and now she is missing for over four months..No trace of her anywhere...VANISHED AND ERASED...

Seems her fears were indeed a reality and yet he hasn't done anything to help LE find out what happened to the mother of his children.... JMHO

Thank you for feeling our frustration. It's good to know we're not alone.

Emeralgem
09-10-2011, 12:41 PM
Thank you so much for passing along that info, MacGyver.
The reason why I was asking about Disney is because I was trying to trace the different jeep parts- it appears the Goofy hitch cover was sold by Disney. Perhaps it was sold to the dealership.
Do you by any chance know what vehicle was turned in when the Jeep was acquired?

Thoughts and prayers for your friend, MacGyver. <<hugs>>

Is there a possibility the jeep cover could have been ordered online?

ETA.. I have ordered floormats with the insignia on them for my car and didn't have to go through the dealership...JMHO

hollyblue
09-10-2011, 02:01 PM
This case (Michele Harris) reminds me of Gail's in a way. Michele's body was never found....and, of course, hubby never admitted, but was convicted. His actions and manner reminded me of MP's.--nonchalant. She "disappeared" on the day of 9/11. It took LE a few years and 2 trials. After his first conviction and days prior to his sentencing...a miraculous "witness" appeared with "new info" to throw his case out and have a new trial. (connections) Henry Lee testified for the prosecution.

If interested:

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/h/harris_michele.html

msnbc.com Video Player

Oriah
09-10-2011, 02:53 PM
Is there a possibility the jeep cover could have been ordered online?

ETA.. I have ordered floormats with the insignia on them for my car and didn't have to go through the dealership...JMHO

There absolutely is.

Life is Good holds the trademark for the wheel cover, and Disney for the trailer hitch. Both distribute online and from retailers, as well as re-sellers.

My curiosity was peaked by the early statements of MP and GP disagreeing over MP needing the use of the Jeep to tow their boat to AL; and the aggressive campaign in search of the Jeep which clearly is focused on certain identifying factors such as the type of vehicle, the wheel cover, the hitch etc.

Anyone know where the electrical connector plug for the trailer might be?

sreshowtime
09-10-2011, 07:51 PM
Is this is what you wanted?
pg 24 bottom left hand corner- see Trailer tow group line
http://www.jeep.com/en/pdf/2010_wrangler.pdf

I am assuming the plug is at the hitch

But I foudn this on another site- ALTHOUGH it is for a Liberty model, possible same scenario for Rubicon?

'Connection point is located under the Jeep Liberty, behind the bumper on the driver's side. The 4-pole trailer connector will be stowed under the Jeep Liberty close to the trailer hitch. A mounting bracket is recommended."

Emeralgem
09-10-2011, 09:09 PM
Who's idea was it to buy the jeep, does anyone know and when was it purchased, before or after Gail was terminated from Novartis?

I do know quite a few pharmaceutical reps and for the most part, they drive a company car so I'm curious as to who really wanted to purchase a jeep, when it was purchased and why the choice was a jeep...JMHO

Cazzie
09-10-2011, 09:23 PM
I'd like to know if she has dark, long hair or did around the time that Gail went missing??
She does. (Arlene posted a photo of her on the BGHN FB)

Snowbunny
09-10-2011, 11:06 PM
I just saw the picture of TH and I'd have to say that Gail had a lot more going on for herself than TH did in the looks department. More than likely Gail was smarter too! Not impressed.

Snowbunny
09-10-2011, 11:07 PM
Who's idea was it to buy the jeep, does anyone know and when was it purchased, before or after Gail was terminated from Novartis?

I do know quite a few pharmaceutical reps and for the most part, they drive a company car so I'm curious as to who really wanted to purchase a jeep, when it was purchased and why the choice was a jeep...JMHO

Just read Bring Gail Home Now face book and AD said it was Gail who picked out the jeep.

Snowbunny
09-10-2011, 11:13 PM
Peter Hyatt has done a statement analysis on this case. You will find it on the Bring Gail Home Now facebook page.

Snowbunny
09-11-2011, 12:20 AM
I listened to the Lori Roth show with Peter Hyatt but there was nothing specific to this case but one can pick up on different things as to what Peter thinks about specific actions that were used by people. He stated that if the one of the spouses lawyers up then there's reason they need to lawyer up. He also says the guilty party will blame the victim for things and belittle them in the eyes of the public. All these things MP is guilty of doing. Listen to the show, there's alot he says that can help up make sense of what has happened here. Peter does a wonderful job.

Oriah
09-11-2011, 06:39 AM
Is this is what you wanted?
pg 24 bottom left hand corner- see Trailer tow group line
http://www.jeep.com/en/pdf/2010_wrangler.pdf

I am assuming the plug is at the hitch

But I foudn this on another site- ALTHOUGH it is for a Liberty model, possible same scenario for Rubicon?

'Connection point is located under the Jeep Liberty, behind the bumper on the driver's side. The 4-pole trailer connector will be stowed under the Jeep Liberty close to the trailer hitch. A mounting bracket is recommended."

Thank you, sre. I meant the actual connection. Being entirely too familiar with towing vehicles, lol, it has me wondering what tow package is on the jeep, and if it was connected or disconnected at the time of Gail's disappearance. If the Goofy plug was in place at the time, then obviously it was disconnected. How often was it connected? Kwim?

Emeralgem
09-11-2011, 06:58 PM
I listened to the Lori Roth show with Peter Hyatt but there was nothing specific to this case but one can pick up on different things as to what Peter thinks about specific actions that were used by people. He stated that if the one of the spouses lawyers up then there's reason they need to lawyer up. He also says the guilty party will blame the victim for things and belittle them in the eyes of the public. All these things MP is guilty of doing. Listen to the show, there's alot he says that can help up make sense of what has happened here. Peter does a wonderful job.

I'm truly sick of all these controlling sociopathic men who are responsible for disappearing their wives and the mother of their children..And they blatantly display an attitude of..I don't care..How in the world did they ever get so disconnected to what is honorable and true? JMHO

msb
09-11-2011, 10:20 PM
something that has stuck in my head from the beginning. SB is quoted as saying she "ran up the hill" to talk to Gail. what hill? the part of ridgerock that SB and GP's homes are on is fairly flat, a little ways up it starts to incline out of the hole the neighborhood is in but that would mean SB was chasing the car, kwim? that wasn't the impression i got. and the palmgren driveway is flat at well fwiw. i double checked where the buttons live relative to the palmgrens and it isn't possible even w/ a very slight slant on the street for susie to go from her house to GP's "up hill"...so i'm :waitasec: about this and have for a while. i'm not sure of my point other than that maybe the assumption that SB saw GP from her house wasn't correct or her view wasn't what we've been assuming. (if she was chasing the jeep her los wouldn't have been in the front or side windows)

and another thing, people keep referring to the palmgren home as "set back" maybe i've just become accustomed to 1/2 acre+ lots being the norm since moving here but i personally wouldn't consider their home to be "set back" sure it's not right on the street like in say california, but there is a very clear los to the house from the street, there are no trees even blocking the view (which for SM isn't all that common) however the garage is side entry so only the two homes on the end of the street (or those coming from them/walking down there) would have a view actually INTO the garages. so the theory that it would be "easy" to hide and jump into the jeep only works if the person hiding was either in the house or garage or if there was a personnel door to the garage on the BACK of the house (facing the woods). jmo.

McSpy
09-11-2011, 11:17 PM
something that has stuck in my head from the beginning. SB is quoted as saying she "ran up the hill" to talk to Gail. what hill? the part of ridgerock that SB and GP's homes are on is fairly flat, a little ways up it starts to incline out of the hole the neighborhood is in but that would mean SB was chasing the car, kwim? that wasn't the impression i got. and the palmgren driveway is flat at well fwiw. i double checked where the buttons live relative to the palmgrens and it isn't possible even w/ a very slight slant on the street for susie to go from her house to GP's "up hill"...so i'm :waitasec: about this and have for a while. i'm not sure of my point other than that maybe the assumption that SB saw GP from her house wasn't correct or her view wasn't what we've been assuming. (if she was chasing the jeep her los wouldn't have been in the front or side windows)

and another thing, people keep referring to the palmgren home as "set back" maybe i've just

become accustomed to 1/2 acre+ lots being the norm since
moving here but i personally wouldn't consider their home to be "set back" sure it's not right on the street like in say california, but there is a very clear los to the house from the street, there are no trees even blocking the view (which for SM isn't all that common) however the garage is side entry so only the two homes on the end of the street (or those coming from them/walking
down there) would have a view actually INTO the garages. so the theory that it would be "easy" to hide and jump into the jeep only works if the person hiding was either in the house or garage or if there was a personnel door to the garage on the BACK of the house (facing the woods). jmo.

Wouldn't GP just leave her vehicle in the driveway--not in the garage? Someone could have been in the backyard hiding and waiting to hear her vehicle drive up, then make their move. I'm not saying this happened, but it doesn't seem impossible to me. After looking at the house with Google street view, I can see that there is no neighboring house on the garage side of the Palmgren house, so if GP parked in front of the garage, someone could slip in the driver side of the car from the back of the house. Also in Google street view, I noticed that the street is on a slight hill. Their house is on the top of that hill where it flattens out. JMO

Some1Nose
09-12-2011, 07:31 AM
While I was looking for a possible replacement for my antiquated mobile phone, I noticed that the "3G and 4G smart phones" have over two weeks of stand-by time on the batteries....I recall in an earlier thread a poster said that Gail had a Blackberry which would more than likely fit the category of smart phone.

Then why did the last ping on Gail's phone happen on 5/2?? If she was in an accident, the last ping should have been two weeks or so out. If something happened to Gail on 4/30, the last day she was confirmed seen, her phone/battery weren't submerged or otherwise trashed due to an accident or the last ping would have been on 4/30, IMO. So, why did the phone ping two days later on 5/2 rather than around two weeks later due to stand-by time having elapsed? It seems something specific may have happend to the phone on 5/2, imhoo.

http://www.gsmarena.com/glossary.php3?term=stand-by-time

"Stand-by time is the officially quoted longest time that a single battery charge will last when the phone is constantly connected to the GSM network but is not in active use."

ETA: Then again, upon thinking about this further, maybe her phone was not nearby a GSM network area which could, as the web page I linked to above states, negatively affect the battery life. Hmmmm

Emeralgem
09-12-2011, 09:32 AM
Praying for some development in this case..Someone knows something and they need to come forward and tell LE what they know... Gail needs to be found.... Gail's children, Gail's brother, her sister and friends desperately need and deserve some answers as to what has happened to her....JMHO

Oriah
09-12-2011, 10:38 AM
In doing some research on another case, I came across this reference site:
http://www.fda.gov/Drugs/ResourcesForYou/Consumers/BuyingUsingMedicineSafely/CounterfeitMedicine/default.htm

and it made me wonder about the pharmecutical industry. A pharmaceutical sales person would be the second to last stop for the sale of pharmecuticals, correct? Then the pharmacy itself.

It made me wonder about a lot of things.

McSpy
09-12-2011, 11:13 AM
While I was looking for a possible replacement for my antiquated mobile phone, I noticed that the "3G and 4G smart phones" have over two weeks of stand-by time on the batteries....I recall in an earlier thread a poster said that Gail had a Blackberry which would more than likely fit the category of smart phone.

Then why did the last ping on Gail's phone happen on 5/2?? If she was in an accident, the last ping should have been two weeks or so out. If something happened to Gail on 4/30, the last day she was confirmed seen, her phone/battery weren't submerged or otherwise trashed due to an accident or the last ping would have been on 4/30, IMO. So, why did the phone ping two days later on 5/2 rather than around two weeks later due to stand-by time having elapsed? It seems something specific may have happend to the phone on 5/2, imhoo.

http://www.gsmarena.com/glossary.php3?term=stand-by-time

"Stand-by time is the officially quoted longest time that a single battery charge will last when the phone is constantly connected to the GSM network but is not in active use."

ETA: Then again, upon thinking about this further, maybe her phone was not nearby a GSM network area which could, as the web page I linked to above states, negatively affect the battery life. Hmmmm

Maybe her phone wasn't completely charged up when she went missing. For example: On April 30th, she could have only had 30%, 40% or less charge on her phone before something happened to her. Also, if her WIFI was on in the settings, it tends to drain the battery quicker, because it is actively looking for
a signal. I'm not an expert on this, but I have an iPhone and this has been my experience.

Kimbreeley
09-12-2011, 11:19 AM
Hi, I have been lurking at WS for along time, but had to post in regards to this case, as something about this case is really bothering me. Does anybody know if there were any pings from her phone BETWEEN 4/30 and the last ping on 5/2? It seems to me if MP was the last person she is known to have spoken with, that would be on 4/30, right? Then the mysterious ping on 5/2 - so is it possible that someone had her phone, and for some reason it was turned back on on 5/2 briefly? Otherwise it would have pinged continuously since 4/30, right?

McSpy
09-12-2011, 11:23 AM
This question has probably been answered many times (I apologize), but where was GP's last ping located and did police do a search in that area? TIA

Kimbreeley
09-12-2011, 11:27 AM
This question has probably been answered many times (I apologize), but where was GP's last ping located and did police do a search in that area? TIA

I believe they have said her last phone ping was 5/2 by the Walmart at the base of Signal Mountain, and I have read that they did do a search in that basic area, but not sure.

McSpy
09-12-2011, 11:34 AM
Hi, I have been lurking at WS for along time, but had to post in regards to this case, as something about this case is really bothering me. Does anybody know if there were any pings from her phone BETWEEN 4/30 and the last ping on 5/2? It seems to me if MP was the last person she is known to have spoken with, that would be on 4/30, right? Then the mysterious ping on 5/2 - so is it possible that someone had her phone, and for some reason it was turned back on on 5/2 briefly? Otherwise it would have pinged continuously since 4/30, right?

Excellent question! I don't know the answer for sure (I'm new to this board), but if people were trying to get a hold of her by phone between 4/30 and 5/2, their calls should have pinged off a tower. The only exceptions I can think of in this case, would be if her phone was out of range of any towers or someone turned it off on April 30 and then turned it on May 2. Maybe someone on this thread knows if phone calls were attempted by GP's family and friends between the 30th and 5/2.

Kimbreeley
09-12-2011, 11:37 AM
Excellent question! I don't know the answer for sure (I'm new to this board), but if people were trying to get a hold of her by phone between 4/30 and 5/2, their calls should have pinged off a tower. The only exceptions I can think of in this case, would be if her phone was out of range of any towers or someone turned it off on April 30 and then turned it on May 2. Maybe someone on this thread knows if phone calls were attempted by GP's family and friends between the 30th and 5/2.

That's exactly what I think - they should have pings for the days from 4/30 until 5/2 UNLESS the phone was turned off..... hhhhmmmm..... something is definitely not adding up.