PDA

View Full Version : Loud music,screams and the mystery woman at mansion

IWannaKnow
09-22-2011, 10:05 AM
This was posted by tvscum in the reference thread, I think it deserves a thread of it's own:
http://www.cbs8.com/story/15520745/sheriff-launches-forensic-exam-of-zahaus-cell-phone-new-witnesses-accounts-reported

Sheriff launches forensic exam of Zahau’s cell phone; new witness accounts reported
Posted: Sep 22, 2011 1:56 AM EDT Updated: Sep 22, 2011 3:04 AM EDT
By David Gotfredson, Field Producer

Meanwhile, Bremner came forward Wednesday with new reports from witnesses in the Coronado neighborhood.

"We are now confirming information from a witness that there may have been a cry for help from a woman in the mansion around 11:30 p.m. the evening prior (to Zahau's death)," Bremner said. "So that's important in terms of the time of death and in terms of the surrounding circumstances."

Bremner said her private investigation on behalf of the Zahau family also uncovered a mystery woman spotted at the Spreckels mansion an hour or so earlier that same evening.

"There also was a witness who spoke to law enforcement who indicated that they saw a person outside the house at the 10 o'clock hour," Bremner said, referring to the evening of July 12. "I think it's important information in the investigation in determining whether this is a suicide or a homicide."

None of the reported witness accounts were confirmed by Sheriff's investigators.

rosemary
09-22-2011, 10:20 AM
"We are now confirming information from a witness that there may have been a cry for help from a woman in the mansion around 11:30 p.m. the evening prior (to Zahau's death)," Bremner said. "So that's important in terms of the time of death and in terms of the surrounding circumstances."

I wonder how this fits into the LE's theory of suicide. So not only did the LE fail to investigate that voice mail message that prompted Rebecca to kill herself, they also had witnesses who apparently heard music and screams inside the mansion and yet they still chose to stick with the suicide theory. And Id also like to know who that person was that was seen outside the house at 10pm. did the LE follow up on that lead?

IWannaKnow
09-22-2011, 10:29 AM
YES! Who was the woman seen outside around 10? This stinks to the high heavens, and as I posted in a different thread, Det. Patterson had only been on the unit for ONE MONTH. I don't really know if he had previous homicide experience, he listed alot of financial crimes experience. They didn't think that investigating those reports might be important?????

Tsuida had much more homicide experience, but she seemed to have been tasked with the phone searches, not the physical scene at the mansion.

jjenny
09-22-2011, 10:45 AM
I wonder how this fits into the LE's theory of suicide. So not only did the LE fail to investigate that voice mail message that prompted Rebecca to kill herself, they also had witnesses who apparently heard music and screams inside the mansion and yet they still chose to stick with the suicide theory. And Id also like to know who that person was that was seen outside the house at 10pm. did the LE follow up on that lead?

How does it fit in the theory of suicide? I don't think it fits very well at all. LE's story was that RN checked her voice mail at 12:50 am, listened to message that Max's condition deteriorated, and decided to kill herself. If there was screams at 11:30, I don't see that fitting well with that little theory LE has presented us with.

IWannaKnow
09-22-2011, 10:52 AM
The comment section on this article:
http://www.cbs8.com/story/15505829/some-shacknai-search-warrants-to-be-unsealed

Kathleen claims that the neighbor who heard the cries filed a police report. Wonder if we could find that report? She also claims the calls to the kennell didn't appear on RZ cell phone records.

jjenny
09-22-2011, 10:56 AM

Kathleen claims that the neighbor who heard the cries filed a police report. Wonder if we could find that report? She also claims the calls to the kennell didn't appear on RZ cell phone records.

I am not sure what significance of calls to the kennel is. She could have used a land line or somebody else's phone, I am not sure why that is suspicious? But if the person who heard screams filed a police report that's extremely important. When was the report filed? Is there a possibility a noise complaint was called in as it was happening?

IWannaKnow
09-22-2011, 10:59 AM
IDK jjenny. I'm just reporting what I find. Sure would loooooovvvvveeeee to get to see that police report. Wouldn't that get reported to Coronado for the evening of July 12? Given what they woke up to, I would think they reported it the following day, but who really knows.....

ETA: Could this be where the reports of a "party" or loud music came from? This same person? And who would really have the line of sight for that? It says neighbor, not just a random person walking down the beach, so this shouldn't be that hard to figure out.

jjenny
09-22-2011, 11:12 AM
IDK jjenny. I'm just reporting what I find. Sure would loooooovvvvveeeee to get to see that police report. Wouldn't that get reported to Coronado for the evening of July 12? Given what they woke up to, I would think they reported it the following day, but who really knows.....

ETA: Could this be where the reports of a "party" or loud music came from? This same person? And who would really have the line of sight for that? It says neighbor, not just a random person walking down the beach, so this shouldn't be that hard to figure out.

I would bet in that neighborhood people do call in noise complaints. Those houses are really close together, and I bet those rich people don't like the noise. Maybe even as noise was occurring. Could this have happened in this case?

CalElliot
09-22-2011, 11:13 AM

Who is Kathleen?

jjenny
09-22-2011, 11:14 AM
Who is Kathleen?

One of the commenters to the paper.

chasing.halos
09-22-2011, 11:22 AM
Just an FYI, the neighbors know Dina. She would not be a "mystery woman" to any of the neighbors there.
(I know no one said she was lol but I am just clarifying in case people wonder if she was known to the neighbors or not)

SunnieRN
09-22-2011, 11:24 AM
This makes my blood BOIL!!! How many things have come to light, since the PC? I am sorry, but even the most inexperienced LE officers can see there is more to meet the eye, then a woman who decided to commit suicide.

How many revelations have to happen before LE agrees to re open the case, on their own, with no outside pressure?

If I were the Zahau family, I would be wondering where justice fits into this case. I would also be very concerned as to whether or not I would ever know the truth about my sisters death, or see the guilty party pay for the crime.

IWannaKnow
09-22-2011, 11:24 AM
How about Nina chasing halos? Do they look enough alike to be mistaken for one another? Would the neighbors recognize her?

CDS22
09-22-2011, 11:25 AM
Who is Kathleen?

She's someone who's writing a book about RZ.

IWannaKnow
09-22-2011, 11:31 AM
Death of Rebecca Zahau - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

On September 19, it was reported that local Coronado author Kathleen McKenna would be writing a book on the case; McKenna also expressed doubts that Zahau's death was a suicide, stating "This case is so goofy ... [t]here are so many things that don't add up.".[37]

jjenny
09-22-2011, 11:35 AM
Death of Rebecca Zahau - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Rebecca_Zahau)

So it's the same Kathleen commenting in the article?

IWannaKnow
09-22-2011, 11:39 AM
IDK jjenny. Going from what CDS22 stated, I googled RZ and Kathleen and that is what I got. Could be the same person, might not be. If it IS, I happen to give more credence to the comment than just Mr. or Ms. Anon. Public.

CDS22
09-22-2011, 11:41 AM
IDK jjenny. Going from what CDS22 stated, I googled RZ and Kathleen and that is what I got. Could be the same person, might not be. If it IS, I happen to give more credence to the comment than just Mr. or Ms. Anon. Public.

Why would you give more credence to someone who is hoping to profit financially from the case?

KarenM
09-22-2011, 11:43 AM
Hinky Meter posted two new articles:

Rebecca Zahau case: A case of assumptions and factoids
http://www.thehinkymeter.com/2011/09/22/rebecca-zahau-case-a-case-of-assumptions-and-factoids/

Rebecca Zahau case: New documents…new footprints?
http://www.thehinkymeter.com/2011/09/21/rebecca-zahau-case-new-documents-new-footprints/

jjenny
09-22-2011, 11:44 AM

It certainly would give the comments more credence. So, as far as I gather, LE's story that at 8 pm AS left for the guest house, RN was in the main house talking on the phone with her sister, she then checked her voicemail at 12:50 am, heard that Max was not going to make it, and decided to kill herself. If there were screams reported, I fail to see how that fits with LE's suicide theory.

jjenny
09-22-2011, 11:45 AM
Why would you give more credence to someone who is hoping to profit financially from the case?

Because presumably the person did their research.

CDS22
09-22-2011, 11:48 AM
Because presumably the person did their research.

You're assuming the book will have quality research. There are lots of flash books written that are pretty terrible. All sorts of people come out of the woodwork when something like this happens, hoping to make a buck.

Can you name any serious, well-researched, award winning crime books that Kathleen has written?

time
09-22-2011, 11:48 AM
Here's why I find this disturbing ... is it just coincidence all these reports come in after Rebecca quits communicating with her sister (was that about 9:40?)??

And, it also just happens that Rebecca quits responding to what is claims came into her phone during these periods.

It looks an awful lot like someone could have known Rebecca wasn't answering the phone but called to establish and alibi and a motive.

Unfortunately, it appears various parties could be involved ... the 10:41 pm call from Nina is suspicious to me because it just doesn't pass the sniff test. Where was Nina when she called? It may or may not matter. It just seems odder now that we know of reports around 10 pm and 11:30.

IWannaKnow
09-22-2011, 11:52 AM
The Hinky Meter links in post 19 claim it was TWO separate neighbors who reported hearing screams and seeing a woman. I don't know (from the way it is stated) if each one saw the woman and heard the screams or one heard screams and one saw the woman but..........HOLY CRAP! SDSO needs to back to school.

jjenny
09-22-2011, 11:52 AM
While we still don't know if there is any physical evidence that RN got a voice mail message at 12:30 am, we know for sure she got a text from DS's sister at 10:41 pm but didn't respond to it. One possibility that she might have not wanted to talk to DS's sister and thus did not respond to the message. It was late and it's a safe bet the conversation was going to be unpleasant.

IWannaKnow
09-22-2011, 11:56 AM
IIRC, NR stated that she thought that the call was EARLIER than 10:41.

elementry
09-22-2011, 12:00 PM
Just an FYI, the neighbors know Dina. She would not be a "mystery woman" to any of the neighbors there.
(I know no one said she was lol but I am just clarifying in case people wonder if she was known to the neighbors or not)

ChasingH, As you said you may be able to answer certain personal details re: DS. I'm not sure if it's been determined yet: does her twin sister Nina look like her? Identical twins by any chance? tia

Also, how is Dina faring mentally and emotionally over all this tumult? What an unenviable position she finds herself in......

jjenny
09-22-2011, 12:04 PM
IIRC, NR stated that she thought that the call was EARLIER than 10:41.

No evidence of that was provided and in any case RN received it at 10:41 pm.

elementry
09-22-2011, 12:07 PM
This makes my blood BOIL!!! How many things have come to light, since the PC? I am sorry, but even the most inexperienced LE officers can see there is more to meet the eye, then a woman who decided to commit suicide.

How many revelations have to happen before LE agrees to re open the case, on their own, with no outside pressure?

If I were the Zahau family, I would be wondering where justice fits into this case. I would also be very concerned as to whether or not I would ever know the truth about my sisters death, or see the guilty party pay for the crime.

Am I mistaken, or did LE verify at the presentation that JS was at the hospital during the estimated time window of the RN death; and also that AS passed the lie detector test? Since when can LE just make up facts - or at least shade them to fit their open and shut thesis? In addition to all the skepticism regarding SD LE's performance here, their dumbness seems to stand out: how could they imagine that the variance of their tale with all the facts that have subsequently come out would not become evident eventually, and call their conclusions into doubt (even if those conclusions turn out to be correct)?

BTW, anyone know when the Sheriff is up for re-election?

time
09-22-2011, 01:37 PM
Am I mistaken, or did LE verify at the presentation that JS was at the hospital during the estimated time window of the RN death; and also that AS passed the lie detector test? Since when can LE just make up facts - or at least shade them to fit their open and shut thesis? In addition to all the skepticism regarding SD LE's performance here, their dumbness seems to stand out: how could they imagine that the variance of their tale with all the facts that have subsequently come out would not become evident eventually, and call their conclusions into doubt (even if those conclusions turn out to be correct)?

I had the same question as my recollection was they verified JS was at the hospital. Also, I think they claimed AS took a lie detector test and they cleared him (this though is not the same as saying he passed it or, the truth, it was inconclusive). I still come back to they purposefully were cagey with their wording. This is just not acceptable in a potential murder investigation. It seems clear to me now that they took a bit of evidence early on and decided it was suicide and they thereafter did not pursue all the pertinent evidence. SDSO is claiming the message left on Rebecca's cell would have been recoverable from the phone company for one week after it was left even if it wasn't on her cell phone. They messed with her cell phone before trying to recover data from the company first.

They did not get a search warrant for Jonah's cells (him and Nina used) until August 24th - meaning they were only covering bases before presenting at the presser. They were not interesting in talking to all who knew Rebecca - that should have been done regardless of being a suicide or homicide.

Essentially, they let the prime suspect have control that he should not have had and took his word on things without validating the facts. They disregarded witness reports related to that night and gave us a dog and pony show. I don't know how much clearer it can be that they are guilty of gross negligence, but I will stop at claiming they had any particular motive.

SDSO should NOT be involved in further investigation, an external and unrelated investigation should be conducted of all of the evidence.

lauriej
09-22-2011, 01:49 PM

..unfortunately he'll be around for a few more years.

http://www.eastcountymagazine.org/node/3503

June 9, 2010 (San Diego) – By a solid 56.8% margin, Sheriff Bill Gore won reelection to another four year term.

4Jacy
09-22-2011, 02:00 PM

Thank you so much for that article. Who was the woman or women in or around the mansion that night? What do we know about Dina's sister and her whereabouts that evening? Why wasn't she at the hospital?

I am so sick and tired of the wealthy being treated with kid gloves. And now some are starting to attack Rebecca and her life style. I'll never get over how cruel some people are. Don't worry Rebecca, WS is here for you, we'll get you your justice!

stilettos
09-22-2011, 02:05 PM
Thank you so much for that article. Who was the woman or women in or around the mansion that night? What do we know about Dina's sister and her whereabouts that evening? Why wasn't she at the hospital?

I am so sick and tired of the wealthy being treated with kid gloves. And now some are starting to attack Rebecca and her life style. I'll never get over how cruel some people are. Don't worry Rebecca, WS is here for you, we'll get you your justice!

Well there are other's life choices involved here and I say they should be looked into. With just cause. I am sure there is more than enough info to go around. It seems that JS is spending alot of money to keep his quiet. I wonder why? JMO and all that.

sdcali
09-22-2011, 04:06 PM
You're assuming the book will have quality research. There are lots of flash books written that are pretty terrible. All sorts of people come out of the woodwork when something like this happens, hoping to make a buck.

Can you name any serious, well-researched, award winning crime books that Kathleen has written?

Authors have to start somewhere, so there is always the first. :)

CalElliot
09-22-2011, 09:26 PM
She's someone who's writing a book about RZ.

You mean Kathleen McKenna?

jjenny
09-22-2011, 11:46 PM
Is there any way to find out if any noise complaints were made in that area during that night? Would that be public info?

LaLaw2000
09-23-2011, 12:41 AM
If I am not mistaken, I believe it was stated that AS had a polygraph administered and they (LE) was satisfied that he was telling the truth. At least that is what I got out of it in the PC. BTW, those were not the exact words spoken. Since the polygraph was deemed to be 'inconclusive', then WTH was LE thinking being satisfied that the very person that found Rebecca's body was telling the truth????? That stinks to high heaven to me. No LE I know of would have taken 'inconclusive' results of a polygraph as the truth.

Is it possible that AS dressed as a woman later that night and went back to the main house? This is pure speculation, so please take it as such.

I think this was a murder and should be treated as one. Investigate, please. A new set of eyes as well as a new thought process is needed, IMO.

MOO

defense101
09-23-2011, 12:52 AM
Is there any way to find out if any noise complaints were made in that area during that night? Would that be public info?
From what I remember back then Pferrin did the radio reference listening for the day of MS accident, but for the night of RZ death the radio reference for that night and morning had been pulled so we couldn't confirm whether any calls had come in or not.

jjenny
09-23-2011, 12:54 AM
From what I remember back then Pferrin did the radio reference listening for the day of MS accident, but for the night of RZ death the radio reference for that night and morning had been pulled so we couldn't confirm whether any calls had come in or not.

Pulled? By whom?

defense101
09-23-2011, 12:57 AM
Pulled? By whom? I would assume the only ones who could make the LE radio calls disappear would be LE. imo

jjenny
09-23-2011, 12:59 AM
I would assume the only ones who could make the LE radio calls disappear would be LE. imo

I wish we could get our hands on these records. Since we couldn't hear these records, is there a possibility the neighbors complained of noise that very night?

defense101
09-23-2011, 01:11 AM
I wish we could get our hands on these records. Since we couldn't hear these records, is there a possibility the neighbors complained of noise that very night?I know that would have been great, I was trying to remember the times between which LE removed the records for, but I'm having trouble getting back to those posts lol.

Pach
09-23-2011, 01:52 AM
I wonder if this so-called "party" on that night that morphed into "noise" in earlier news reports was the scream reported by the neighbor ? if so, its quiet a big stretch from "noise" to "scream". We all know a scream is a scream LOL

unless this woman's scream that was reported before but only publicly known now is different one from the "noise" mentioned in early news reports

jjenny
09-23-2011, 01:53 AM
I wonder if this "party" that morphed into "noise" in earlier news reports was the scream reported by the neighbor ? if so, its quiet a big stretch from "noise" to "scream". We all know a scream is a scream LOL

unless this woman's scream that was reported before but only known now is different one from the "noise" mentioned in early news reports

I believe early news reports mentioned loud music. Witness hearing a scream is a new info.

IWannaKnow
09-23-2011, 09:25 AM

Pulled? By whom?

I would assume the only ones who could make the LE radio calls disappear would be LE. imo

I wish we could get our hands on these records. Since we couldn't hear these records, is there a possibility the neighbors complained of noise that very night?

I know that would have been great, I was trying to remember the times between which LE removed the records for, but I'm having trouble getting back to those posts lol.

I looked pretty hard yesterday for a police blotter. I found Coronado's blotter online, but I could NOT find those dates. Dates all the way around the incidents, but not those dates....hmmmmm. If everything is open and above board, why the need to cull that information?

jjenny
09-23-2011, 09:40 AM
Well that certainly is interesting and leaves a possibility that witness or witnesses contacted police about noise/screaming close to the time of it taking place.

IWannaKnow
09-23-2011, 09:44 AM
And someone didn't want the public knowing about it? It is always possible I just didn't look hard enough.

deanna82437
09-23-2011, 01:41 PM
New Witness In Mansion Deaths Says They Heard Woman 'Scream For Help' -- Hours Before Cops Claim Rebecca Zahau Committed SuicideNew Witness In Mansion Deaths Says They Heard Woman 'Scream For Help' -- Hours Before Cops Claim Rebecca Zahau Committed Suicide

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2011/09/new-witness-mansion-deaths-says-they-heard-woman-scream-help-hours-cops-claim

"The witness contradicts the facts released by the sheriff's department," a source close to the the family's legal team told RadarOnline.com. "This individual, whose name is not being disclosed, was unequivocal about what they heard: a woman scream for help -- from inside the mansion -- at 11 pm PT"

SunnieRN
09-23-2011, 01:53 PM
Well that certainly is interesting and leaves a possibility that witness or witnesses contacted police about noise/screaming close to the time of it taking place.

So, yet another reason for the case to be re opened and investigated by an independent source.

This also means that Gore and his detectives need to be looked at to find out why they are purposely misleading the public and the investigation into the death of a citizen.

Pach
09-23-2011, 02:59 PM
I guess the people living in the guest house and/or caretaker's cottage have a hearing problem :floorlaugh:

New Witness In Mansion Deaths Says They Heard Woman 'Scream For Help' -- Hours Before Cops Claim Rebecca Zahau Committed SuicideNew Witness In Mansion Deaths Says They Heard Woman 'Scream For Help' -- Hours Before Cops Claim Rebecca Zahau Committed Suicide

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2011/09/new-witness-mansion-deaths-says-they-heard-woman-scream-help-hours-cops-claim

"The witness contradicts the facts released by the sheriff's department," a source close to the the family's legal team told RadarOnline.com. "This individual, whose name is not being disclosed, was unequivocal about what they heard: a woman scream for help -- from inside the mansion -- at 11 pm PT"

deanna82437
09-23-2011, 03:03 PM
I guess the people living in the guest house and/or caretaker's cottage have a hearing problem :floorlaugh:

Yes, they must and which also brings up .. who are they? Where are they? Do we or anyone know? MOO :waitasec:

SunnieRN
09-23-2011, 03:06 PM
Yes, they must and which also brings up .. who are they? Where are they? Do we or anyone know? MOO :waitasec:

Maybe this is the mysterious Howard, who was allowed to be at the hospital?

deanna82437
09-23-2011, 03:19 PM

:great:

I think I know who he is, too .. in my own opinion, of course.

SunnieRN
09-23-2011, 03:21 PM
:great:

I think I know who he is, too .. in my own opinion, of course.

Any pictures of him? I remember the mans face who was loading the suitcase into the back of the car.

deanna82437
09-23-2011, 03:44 PM
Any pictures of him? I remember the mans face who was loading the suitcase into the back of the car.

As a matter of fact, I do. I will email to you, as it's my opinion only, no proof or links.

Though I'm not sure the person I have in mind would be staying in the caretakers quarters. If you know what I mean.

lauriej
09-23-2011, 04:13 PM
..bringing this over from another thread...

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2011/09/rebecca-zahau-witness-heard-screams-went-cops-blown

Rebecca Zahau Death Mystery: New Witness Went To Cops To Report 'Scream For Help', Was 'Blown Off'

---snipped---

"The witness went to law enforcement not once, but twice, but was blown off," a source close to the Zahau family told RadarOnline.com. "This witness is credible and their information has been verified, so one is left to wonder why police did not listen to this individual.

The witness' information contradicts the theory released by the sheriff's department and questions the timeline, as police claimed. We are left asking, why was this person not taken seriously?"

jjenny
09-23-2011, 04:20 PM
..bringing this over from another thread...

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2011/09/rebecca-zahau-witness-heard-screams-went-cops-blown

Rebecca Zahau Death Mystery: New Witness Went To Cops To Report 'Scream For Help', Was 'Blown Off'

---snipped---

"The witness went to law enforcement not once, but twice, but was blown off," a source close to the Zahau family told RadarOnline.com. "This witness is credible and their information has been verified, so one is left to wonder why police did not listen to this individual.

The witness' information contradicts the theory released by the sheriff's department and questions the timeline, as police claimed. We are left asking, why was this person not taken seriously?"

Certainly would be interesting to know if police even take a report. If the witness goes in and reports screaming to the police, and police blows the witness off, I for one, would like to know WHY.

Pach
09-23-2011, 04:35 PM
well, the screaming does not go well with the suicide theory. :innocent:

Certainly would be interesting to know if police even take a report. If the witness goes in and reports screaming to the police, and police blows the witness off, I for one, would like to know WHY.

Wendy101
09-23-2011, 04:36 PM

Speaking of Howard.... did he stay overnight with JS? I find it odd that JS would prefer Howard comforting him rather than his own fiance....

Pach
09-23-2011, 04:41 PM
Dina's twin sister sent the text message to Rebecca at 10:41, then at around 11:00 am , a witness hears the screams

From 10:41 to 11:00 is about 20 minutes, thats about the travel time from the hospital to the mansion specially at that hour where there is no more traffic, and besides, who knows if the perp was already outside the mansion waiting.

someone needs a polygraph test soon !

SophieRose
09-23-2011, 05:51 PM

And if she lived two houses away, the neighbors on either side and behind the Spreckels mansion must have also had hearing problems.

Pach
09-23-2011, 06:12 PM
oh, I didnt know this witness to the screaming lived 2 houses away, how did you know that ??

As for the occupants of the other houses, were they home when it happened ? were they sleeping already ? have sound-proof windows, listening to their IPods, watching TV with loud volume, and yes, maybe they have a hearing problem too..... =)
and who knows, maybe they will be one of the other new witnesses yet to be shown......

And if she lived two houses away, the neighbors on either side and behind the Spreckels mansion must have also had hearing problems.

greenpalm
09-23-2011, 06:37 PM
I'm sorry, I'm not seeing a main stream media link to the reports of these screams. Did i miss it? Or are we discussing the report from radar online and things in the comments section?

deanna82437
09-23-2011, 06:47 PM
I'm sorry, I'm not seeing a main stream media link to the reports of these screams. Did i miss it? Or are we discussing the report from radar online and things in the comments section?

I'm not sure which ones people are discussing, but there are a lot of links to it. Here's just a couple ..

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/New-Details-In-Mansion-Death-Revealed-130329173.html

http://www.forbes.com/feeds/ap/2011/09/22/general-health-care-us-mansion-death_8696092.html

SophieRose
09-23-2011, 06:49 PM

Poster katydid reported that she was listening to a radio program with Anne Bremner as guest yesterday and AB said the neighbor lived two houses down from the Spreckles mansion.

greenpalm
09-23-2011, 06:50 PM

I'm not sure which ones people are discussing, but there are a lot of links to it. Here's just a couple ..

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/New-Details-In-Mansion-Death-Revealed-130329173.html

http://coronado.patch.com/articles/zahaus-family-seeks-new-inquiry-from-state

Thank you. That's more like it. :)

curiousjo
09-23-2011, 08:09 PM
I wonder which home the teen boys who are classmates with GS reside - they took photos of RZ lying on grass, and said GS was at the mansion on the morning when MS fell but left before paramedics arrived........

I read that there were 2-3 witnesses... at least 1 reported loud music, 1 saw woman on property around 10 something, 1 + heard women screaming and 1+ may have witnessed something more involving the crime.

If witnesses reported hearing female screaming, then loud music ,,,, wouldn't AS hear it?

SunnieRN
09-23-2011, 08:34 PM
Speaking of Howard.... did he stay overnight with JS? I find it odd that JS would prefer Howard comforting him rather than his own fiance....

Maybe Howard is a special friend?

I wonder which home the teen boys who are classmates with GS reside - they took photos of RZ lying on grass, and said GS was at the mansion on the morning when MS fell but left before paramedics arrived........

I read that there were 2-3 witnesses... at least 1 reported loud music, 1 saw woman on property around 10 something, 1 + heard women screaming and 1+ may have witnessed something more involving the crime.

If witnesses reported hearing female screaming, then loud music ,,,, wouldn't AS hear it?

One would think he would, since he was the closest to the balcony window. Makes one think, for sure!

4Jacy
09-23-2011, 09:17 PM
Maybe Howard is a special friend?

One would think he would, since he was the closest to the balcony window. Makes one think, for sure!

OMG, Sunnie, I can't take much more. What do you mean by a 'special friend?'
Please reply, txs

Silkprint
09-23-2011, 09:32 PM
I am just reading about this tonight !
This could be HUGE!
Maybe we can hope for some answers?

SunnieRN
09-23-2011, 09:38 PM
OMG, Sunnie, I can't take much more. What do you mean by a 'special friend?'
Please reply, txs

I will reply 4Jacy!!! The information comes from someone who is considered an insider by this site. It is not appropriate for the forum however, as I am not in a position to know this insiders relationship with the family.:seeya:

greenpalm
09-23-2011, 11:03 PM
I will reply 4Jacy!!! The information comes from someone who is considered an insider by this site. It is not appropriate for the forum however, as I am not in a position to know this insiders relationship with the family.:seeya:

Just to be clear, is Howard a special friend to JS? Or to AS?

thinkingstraight
09-23-2011, 11:06 PM
This is starting to sound like a gossip site.

SunnieRN
09-23-2011, 11:12 PM

A friend of Jonah's. Watch the video at this link!
http://www.cbs8.com/story/15538406/family-releases-200-pages-of-zahau-phone-records

mrsu
09-23-2011, 11:36 PM
One final text message came into Zahau's phone at 10:41 p.m. on July 12 from Jonah Shacknai's ex sister-in-law, Nina Romano; the twin sister of Max's mother Dina Shacknai.

Romano had traveled to San Diego to support the family and Rebecca had picked up Romano at a San Diego airport the afternoon following Max's fall.

Contacted by News 8, Romano said she sent the text message to ask if she could come by the mansion.

"I just wanted to talk to her about the accident," Romano said. "And so I sent her a text message that said, ‘Hey are you around? I'd like to come by,' and I never heard from her. She never responded to me."

Romano recalled sending the text around 9:30 p.m. and questioned the 10:41 p.m. time stamp on the AT&T call log.

News 8 investigated the listings on Zahau's cell phone logs within 48 hours of her death and found phone numbers linked to the following individuals:

- Jonah Shacknai, boyfriend
- Mary Zahau-Loehner, Rebecca's sister
- Adam Shacknai, Jonah's brother
- Dr. Howard Luber, Jonah's friend
- Gideon & Marcelle Shacknai, Jonah's father & step-mother
- Xena Zahau, Rebecca's sister
- Nina Romano, Jonah's ex sister-in-law
- Det. Thomas Adkins, Coronado Police
- Snowem Horwath, Rebecca's sister
- Caroline Niles, Coronado, Calif.
- Valerie Flores, Medicis employee
- Coronado Bay Urgent Care (treated Xena Zahau for leg injury)
- Camp Diggity Dogs, dog daycare facility

http://www.cbs8.com/story/15538406/family-releases-200-pages-of-zahau-phone-records

So Nina sends a text, but allegedly never hears back. Did she then stop by the house? Hmmm...

Screams heard at 11:30pm...but she (or somebody) checks her voicemail at 12:50am. That puzzles me.

PS...anyone find it weird that the twins were named Nina and Dina??? ;)

greenpalm
09-23-2011, 11:40 PM

So Nina sends a text, but allegedly never hears back. Did she then stop by the house? Hmmm...

Screams heard at 11:30pm...but she (or somebody) checks her voicemail at 12:50am. That puzzles me.

PS...anyone find it weird that the twins were named Nina and Dina??? ;)

I think it's weird. (the names)

I think the murderer needed to delete whatever was in that voicemail. MOO

SophieRose
09-23-2011, 11:53 PM

http://www.760kfmb.com/story/15538406/family-releases-200-pages-of-zahau-phone-records

Dr. Howard Luber is listed in the above story as a friend of JS. I looked the name up and he is a dermatologist/internist in the Phoenix area. He also lives on the same street as DS (I believe both S's lived there at one time) and is a member of the same synagogue as JS.

jjenny
09-24-2011, 12:06 AM
Poster katydid reported that she was listening to a radio program with Anne Bremner as guest yesterday and AB said the neighbor lived two houses down from the Spreckles mansion.

This person could have been outside whereas other neighbors were inside. These houses are close together.

SunnieRN
09-24-2011, 12:10 AM
In the video at the site about the phone calls:

It says Jonah did leave the voice mail for Rebecca that night, as most of us thought. Why did LE lie about that?

greenpalm
09-24-2011, 12:11 AM
This person could have been outside whereas other neighbors were inside. These houses are close together.

And you can leave your windows open year round on Coronado. The weather there is as close to perfect as weather gets anywhere on our fair planet. Coronado is a breathtakingly lovely place. I have many fond memories from my youth. :)

Sharyne
09-24-2011, 03:06 AM
In the video at the site about the phone calls:

It says Jonah did leave the voice mail for Rebecca that night, as most of us thought. Why did LE lie about that?

I could be wrong, but I just thought LE didn't want to say who it was? Trust me, I don't trust LE on this case one bit.

Also, I noticed that the last sentence of that article says that RZ has a teenage sister and brother, I never heard about a brother before, is this true?

The bills also included logs for two other cell phone numbers linked to Zahau's AT&T wireless plan, which were cell phones used by her teenage sister and brother.

tiredblondy
09-24-2011, 03:34 AM
I could be wrong, but I just thought LE didn't want to say who it was? Trust me, I don't trust LE on this case one bit.

Also, I noticed that the last sentence of that article says that RZ has a teenage sister and brother, I never heard about a brother before, is this true?

That's a good point that they didn't want to say who it was.

CanManEh
09-24-2011, 04:23 AM
Hey everyone I have posted a few times on this case prior to it being ruled a suicide .I was wondering about something that was rumoured about it previous threads about thier being loud music playing the night she would have taken her life or been murdured Iam curious if it was ever confirmed that yes thier was infact loud music playing and also what kind of music as I think we can all relate to being down,depressed,grieving and having a few songs that you turn too when your feeling that way .I guess my thinking is maybe if she was blaring the music and it was you know sad music i know we would all have a different deffenition of what is sad and what is happy but if she was listening to loud music of stuff that one would consider sad it might be looked at as more evidence as to her being more overcome with the loss of max and then taking her life.. But as i stated was it even confirmed there was loud music being played late that night.

elementry
09-24-2011, 05:13 PM
If I am not mistaken, I believe it was stated that AS had a polygraph administered and they (LE) was satisfied that he was telling the truth. At least that is what I got out of it in the PC. BTW, those were not the exact words spoken. Since the polygraph was deemed to be 'inconclusive', then WTH was LE thinking being satisfied that the very person that found Rebecca's body was telling the truth????? That stinks to high heaven to me. No LE I know of would have taken 'inconclusive' results of a polygraph as the truth.

Is it possible that AS dressed as a woman later that night and went back to the main house? This is pure speculation, so please take it as such.

I think this was a murder and should be treated as one. Investigate, please. A new set of eyes as well as a new thought process is needed, IMO.

MOO

It's just plain weird imo how LE seems to have bent over backwards to avoid even having to consider the Shacknai clan as anything more than (truthful) witnesses. They were never called - nor treated, so far as I can tell - as either "persons of interest" or potential suspects. It has to be a first when the lover is not even considered a "person of interest" in an odd death. Add in all the mystery over the unusual death of the lover's son, and there's no way he should not have been considered and put to the tests a POI would normally be subject to.......

SophieRose
09-24-2011, 05:30 PM

There were 6 children in the Zahau family. Somewhere I read that RZ wouldn't be around to share memories when her younger brother and sister get married, so I assume the other sibling not mentioned so far must be married.

arielilane
09-25-2011, 09:29 PM
And you can leave your windows open year round on Coronado. The weather there is as close to perfect as weather gets anywhere on our fair planet. Coronado is a breathtakingly lovely place. I have many fond memories from my youth. :) Thanks greenpalm. Just viewing it from Google map I could see how amazing and beautiful it is. It looked close to paradise.

SophieRose
09-26-2011, 09:48 PM
It doesn't appear to be this neighbor.

http://www.azcentral.com/business/articles/2011/07/13/20110713shacknai-medicis-ceo-womans-death-reported-san-diego.html

Jeff Alison, a neighbor who lives two doors from the Ocean Boulevard house, said the house was blocked off with yellow crime tape Wednesday afternoon as investigators combed the property.

Alison said police detectives told him they were investigating a death and asked whether he had seen or heard anything unusual at the property. He told police he had not.

SunnieRN
09-26-2011, 10:07 PM

I thought that one of the press asked if the message was left by Jonah and the person talking said 'no, it was left by someone close to Rebecca'. I thought at the time who would be closer to Rebecca, outside her family, then Jonah?

Sharyne
09-27-2011, 05:52 AM
I thought that one of the press asked if the message was left by Jonah and the person talking said 'no, it was left by someone close to Rebecca'. I thought at the time who would be closer to Rebecca, outside her family, then Jonah?

Oh, ok, I didn't listen to the questions after the PC, as I can never hear the questions very well, and the answers don't always reflect the question...did I explain that right? So thank you for the explanation.

tlneedham
10-02-2011, 01:31 PM
I guess my thinking is maybe if she was blaring the music and it was you know sad music i know we would all have a different deffenition of what is sad and what is happy but if she was listening to loud music of stuff that one would consider sad it might be looked at as more evidence as to her being more overcome with the loss of max and then taking her life..

You have a good point here, the type of music would be interesting to know. Although there is some harder, hateful type music I could also see being played if you were depressed. But nothing I've seen shows the PD confirming the music complaint.

I think the request by Nina is odd.

RZ supposedly picked her up from the airport, shouldn't she have asked her questions then?

On top of that, there's nothing to indicate she knew RZ before then + her sister seems to openly hate RZ, which had to make any discussion between Nina and RZ a bit awkward, to say the least--and you're going to text RZ late at night and ask to come over and chat? Really?

And maybe I'm a wuss but if my nephew had fallen to what was essentially his death in that house I'm not sure I'd be able to go over there.

I wouldn't have responded either if I were RZ, alive or not. She had to be tired of explaining over and over again what happened and reliving that morning and (probably) feeling judged by people for not having kept a closer eye on him or whatnot. The last person I would have wanted to deal with at that point was my bf's ex's sister.

Yet, if Nina was staying down the street at Dina's, it wouldn't take too long for her to go down to the mansion if she decided to follow up her text with a visit.

And it could be the wording of the author, but if I thought I made a call at 9:30 but someone's cell showed it as 10:41, I wouldn't have "questioned" the time stamp. l would assume I must have been tired or lost track of time and was wrong.

Well, unless there was some reason I wanted people to think it was earlier...

idk maybe it's nothing. But asking to go over late at night for a chat is not something I'd do, that's for sure.

That said, I'm not sure I see either Dina or Nina being able to pull this off on their own as long as RZ was conscious.

And geez I hope if someone heard a scream for help at 11pm they'd call PD right away and not wait til the next day!

Mrs. Holmes
10-04-2011, 03:14 PM
There was a noise complaint about the Mansion on July 3/4 2011 I found this list of police incidents online.

http://i.bnet.com/blogs/shacknai-police-reports.pdf

lauriej
10-04-2011, 03:29 PM
There was a noise complaint about the Mansion on July 3/4 2011 I found this list of police incidents online.

http://i.bnet.com/blogs/shacknai-police-reports.pdf

..page 2 of that report is for dina's house on G avenue, the July 3/4 "disturbing the peace" is for there.

Mrs. Holmes
10-04-2011, 03:43 PM
Thanks for pointing out the second page is from DS house.. and here are photos of her
house.

http://photoplan.planomatic.com/mls2559

lauriej
10-05-2011, 03:41 AM
..thinking about the 'loud music' heard the night of the murder..

..if LE is attributing the scream heard to kids over on the beach--the music could have come from the beach as well.

..looking at the police reports "mrs. holmes" has posted-----LE is called over a 'noise disturbance'......if i were rebecca, i wouldn't risk blasting music to the point where neighbours could hear it at 1 a.m.and later.. ( and possibly call LE over the 'noise'..)

..same with the murderer----they would prefer quiet--( to do what they're doing, rather than noise to drown it out, and perhaps direct un-wanted attention to themselves.)

--whack rebecca over the head with something ( possibly that solid rubber dog toy--that LE failed to take on their S/W )-- causing those 4 subgaleal hemorrages ( that dr.weicht says are indicitive of blunt force trauma )----and then for good measure, stuff a t-shirt in her mouth to gag her/prevent her from crying out.

dasqm
10-13-2011, 08:37 AM

--whack rebecca over the head with something ( possibly that solid rubber dog toy--that LE failed to take on their S/W )-- causing those 4 subgaleal hemorrages ( that dr.weicht says are indicitive of blunt force trauma )----and then for good measure, stuff a t-shirt in her mouth to gag her/prevent her from crying out.

I would imagine the impression on RZ's head caused by blunt force might be traceable to the object that caused the injury. I would think the object that caused the injury might have traces of evidence (i.e.) dna, blood etc. I imagine the object that caused the injury could be ruled out by Dr. Weicht...I don't mean to be outlandish, but is there any remote possibility that RZ's blunt force trauma to the head could possibly be the result of the broken teak table's leg? I would imagine the broken teak leg would have been thoroughly analyzed for any traces of evidence.

elfie
10-13-2011, 02:39 PM
I would imagine the impression on RZ's head caused by blunt force might be traceable to the object that caused the injury. I would think the object that caused the injury might have traces of evidence (i.e.) dna, blood etc. I imagine the object that caused the injury could be ruled out by Dr. Weicht...I don't mean to be outlandish, but is there any remote possibility that RZ's blunt force trauma to the head could possibly be the result of the broken teak table's leg? I would imagine the broken teak leg would have been thoroughly analyzed for any traces of evidence.

I've always thought the leg would have been a good candidate. It really should have been tested!

Zale
10-13-2011, 03:44 PM
You have a good point here, the type of music would be interesting to know. Although there is some harder, hateful type music I could also see being played if you were depressed. But nothing I've seen shows the PD confirming the music complaint.

RZ supposedly picked her up from the airport, shouldn't she have asked her questions then?

On top of that, there's nothing to indicate she knew RZ before then + her sister seems to openly hate RZ, which had to make any discussion between Nina and RZ a bit awkward, to say the least--and you're going to text RZ late at night and ask to come over and chat? Really?

And maybe I'm a wuss but if my nephew had fallen to what was essentially his death in that house I'm not sure I'd be able to go over there.

I wouldn't have responded either if I were RZ, alive or not. She had to be tired of explaining over and over again what happened and reliving that morning and (probably) feeling judged by people for not having kept a closer eye on him or whatnot. The last person I would have wanted to deal with at that point was my bf's ex's sister.

Yet, if Nina was staying down the street at Dina's, it wouldn't take too long for her to go down to the mansion if she decided to follow up her text with a visit.

And it could be the wording of the author, but if I thought I made a call at 9:30 but someone's cell showed it as 10:41, I wouldn't have "questioned" the time stamp. l would assume I must have been tired or lost track of time and was wrong.

idk maybe it's nothing. But asking to go over late at night for a chat is not something I'd do, that's for sure.

That said, I'm not sure I see either Dina or Nina being able to pull this off on their own as long as RZ was conscious.

And geez I hope if someone heard a scream for help at 11pm they'd call PD right away and not wait til the next day!

This is my speculation:

I see Max's accident as the snowball that caused the violent avalanche to RZ. Dina and Nina already held contempt and deep resentment towards RZ for stealing Dina's husband. I've read that Dina had an investigator dig into RZ's background and draw up the so-called golddigging tendencies of RZ when it was found she shoplifted sometime in 2010.

The nail that sealed RZ's coffin was when Dr. Peterson asserted prematurely and erroneously to JS and Dina that Max may have suffocated. Immediately Dina's hatred towards RZ turns to rage - vengeful rage. She returns home on 7/12/2011 at 6am and stays until 6pm, complaining to her sister Nina about the fake-breasted, golddigging, shoplifting good-for-nothing except as eye-candy RZ who now fatally wounded her one and only son Max. To calm themselves, Dina and Nina most likely drank alcohol. Their binge-drinking turns their erratic hateful fits of verbal insults of RZ to fantasizing about ways to kill the son-murdering RZ. After all, it's Dina's right as a mother to avenge her brain-dead son, no?

So in my mind there was no sensible reason for Nina to text RZ at 10:41pm on 7/12/2011 to ask (politely) if she can go over to the mansion to "chat" with RZ about Max except to confront and browbeat RZ. For one, it's near 11pm - very inconsiderate - for another, what's there to ask?

All that would result in the meet up between Nina and RZ would be a heated verbal confrontation, at best; at worst, physical violence resulting in a rage-induced, vengeful murder.

Did anyone else notice that there seems to be a pattern with Nina going crazy around 10pm?

On 7/11/2011, RZ's phone records show Nina seemed to get crazy and started texting RZ at: 9:52pm (1min, incoming), 9:52 (1m, outgoing), 9:53 (1m, out) 9:53 (1m, in). RZ called Nina on phone 10:02pm (2m). Then Nina started texting AGAIN at 10:53pm (in), 10:55 (out), and 10:57pm (in).

Then on 7/12/2011, Nina makes only that ONE text message at 10:41pm to meet up with RZ at JS' mansion the night of RZ's suspicious death, and when RZ never returned her text, Nina went to sleep?!

Come on, the crazy come-alive-at-night Nina? So I am positive that if Nina wanted answers from RZ and RZ did not reply to her text, Nina would have RACED FURIOUSLY to RZ's doorsteps, demanding them. Dina's mansion is only about 2 minute drive to Shacknai's mansion. Most likely Dina called Nina and asked her what she should do at that time of 11pm, and then the two agreed that Nina should confront RZ face-to-face. So Nina drove over to RZ, arriving at about 11:15-30pm. Screams were heard at 11:30pm by neighbors.

It was Nina's spitfire confrontation of RZ that caused an avalanche of violence to RZ.

Adam became the co-conspirator. Adam, heard the confrontation and ran from guesthouse to main house to witness the physical and verbal commotion. After being in the hospital and seeing his 6 y.o. brain-dead nephew tied up to tubes on a respirator with next-to-zero chance of survival, was angered at RZ for her negligence, and if Dr. Peterson was correct, RZ killed his nephew! He saw Nina's angry tirade and heartless interrogation of RZ at the mansion at around 11:30pm of 7/12/2011 as justified. Situation went out of control with RZ denying wrongdoing and claiming she "saved Max". That's why Adam and Nina painted the sarcastic message on the bedroom door: SHE SAVED HIM CAN HE SAVE HER

time
10-13-2011, 07:46 PM
Why would Rebecca even pick up Nina at the airport? There are cabs and no worries about money.

I do also find all those texts/calls by Nina odd ... was she questioning Rebecca, asking for rides, warning her, finding out her schedule? If someone was calling me late at night questioning, I'm afraid I'd go ballistic especially given the circumstances. I think Nina should answer these questions. I wonder if Rebecca said anything to her sister about all this.

I'm not sure why Rebecca would look like a gold digger but Dina wouldn't have when she started dating Jonah. That would probably be the pot calling the kettle black. And, I'm not even gonna mention botox or plastic surgery :(

curiousjo
10-13-2011, 07:53 PM
Could have been NR/AS. However, JS involved or infomed that night---- if he truley did not respond to AS odd death notice text- then he already knew what had happened. The normal behavior would have been to call back immediately, jump in your car and rush home to the crime scene. By not responding, he gave himself away....he already knew what had happened to RZ.

I agree something happened at that time. If RZ saw NR text, she would have called her sister to tell her that DS twin was harrassing her. Since she sent no further texts, calls, etc... something happened. Then you add in report of a unidentified woman seen on mansion lawn plus neighbor hears woman screaming for help and it tells you something happened!

jjenny
10-13-2011, 09:29 PM
I've always thought the leg would have been a good candidate. It really should have been tested!

A lot of things should have been done, such as try to retrieve the voice mail from AT&T server right away, re-enactment attempt, psychological autopsy, repeat polygraph of AS since it was inconclusive, polygraphs of other people, etc, etc, etc.

Zale
10-13-2011, 10:14 PM
Why would Rebecca even pick up Nina at the airport? There are cabs and no worries about money.

I do also find all those texts/calls by Nina odd ... was she questioning Rebecca, asking for rides, warning her, finding out her schedule? If someone was calling me late at night questioning, I'm afraid I'd go ballistic especially given the circumstances. I think Nina should answer these questions. I wonder if Rebecca said anything to her sister about all this.

I'm not sure why Rebecca would look like a gold digger but Dina wouldn't have when she started dating Jonah. That would probably be the pot calling the kettle black. And, I'm not even gonna mention botox or plastic surgery :(

I think Rebecca was a thoughtful person and figured she would help out with the chauffeuring of JS' relatives/friends to and from hospital/mansions since she was not allowed to visit Max at the hospital.

We know that DS must not have liked Rebecca at all and that's an understatement since she never ever contacted Rebecca even after her son Max's accident. So Dina had her sister Nina do the dirty work for her.

I agree it is very very odd that Nina would start texting Rebecca continuously at around 10pm till midnight Monday night 7/11 of Max's accident, and then only made ONE text on Tuesday night - night when Rebecca suspiciously dies.

Rebecca had picked Nina up at the airport around 4pm earlier Monday 7/11 and shuttled her to her destination(s) - hospital, Dina's mansion. Nina couldn't ask her questions earlier but had to wait until 10pm?

It would not have been odd had Nina texted Rebecca earlier in the day, like right after she visited Max at the hospital but late at night near midnight when people are most tired and ready for bed? Very inconsiderate. Couldn't Nina have waited until the next morning to ask Rebecca questions?

Apparently not as Nina does not contact Rebecca the entire day of 7/12 until 10:41pm - and Nina's text about going over to ask about Max is the last text Rebecca ever received that day right before Rebecca's death.

Nina's actions are very suspicious.

I agree also about the bias against Rebecca being called a golddigger when Dina or any other woman in Jonah's life could also be called golddiggers as well. Often people are blinded to their own flaws and are better at pointing fingers at others.

curiousjo
10-13-2011, 10:26 PM
Thanks for pointing out the second page is from DS house.. and here are photos of her
house.

http://photoplan.planomatic.com/mls2559

Do I see an easel in the Sunroom? Was DS an artist too? If so, what kind of paint did she use, .... have around the house?

Mrs. Holmes
10-13-2011, 10:58 PM
Do I see an easel in the Sunroom? Was DS an artist too? If so, what kind of paint did she use, .... have around the house?

Good catch. I am not sure if these photos are taken when
DS actually owned the house. Realtors keep these photos up for ages.

dovebar
10-13-2011, 11:06 PM
..unfortunately he'll be around for a few more years.

http://www.eastcountymagazine.org/node/3503

June 9, 2010 (San Diego) – By a solid 56.8% margin, Sheriff Bill Gore won reelection to another four year term.

Was JS a contributor to his campaign? That should be a matter of public record.

Was JS a contributor to things like fundraising efforts for police pensions, etc.? That should also be a matter of public record.

Charlie09
10-14-2011, 01:59 AM
..thinking about the 'loud music' heard the night of the murder..

..if LE is attributing the scream heard to kids over on the beach--the music could have come from the beach as well.

..looking at the police reports "mrs. holmes" has posted-----LE is called over a 'noise disturbance'......if i were rebecca, i wouldn't risk blasting music to the point where neighbours could hear it at 1 a.m.and later.. ( and possibly call LE over the 'noise'..)

..same with the murderer----they would prefer quiet--( to do what they're doing, rather than noise to drown it out, and perhaps direct un-wanted attention to themselves.)

(totally missed this thread before tonight)

in my opinion, there is no way you'd hear music from the beach and think it was coming from the house. It's quite a walk from the street to the water, and there's a rock sea wall at the sand/sidewalk.... (I am waiting on having a knee replacement, and couldn't walk on the sand to the water's edge with my daughter when we snooping a couple of weeks ago.)

Distance wise, I live pretty close to the same distance to the water where I live and I can't hear what is going on at the beach....But I'd hear a scream in my neighborhood at night if my windows were open.

I just can't imagine a scream being heard by only one person in that neighborhood at that time of night....