PDA

View Full Version : WV WV - Aliayah Lunsford, 3, Lewis Co., 24-Sep-2011 - #1

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Darcyline
09-26-2011, 06:35 PM
Not having a recent picture really bothers me because a year makes a world of difference at that age. My nephews looked like different people every year of their life until one got into the 5+ age range and less change happens year to year. I just cannot believe that no one in the world, mother or not, snapped a photo of her that is even from 2011.

Melanie
09-26-2011, 06:41 PM
How do we know she has a computer/internet connection? I know she has a Facebook page, but that's inconclusive- she might have had it for a few years and no longer has a home computer and/or she accesses it from the library or something. The time stamp may or may not be accurate, as I think Aliayah look older in that photo than the Christmas photo, and certainly doesn't look 21 months. Edit: Scratch the last part, looking at it again my memory of proportions was way off.

All that said and acknowledging the potential issues (digital cameras are useless without a computer and can be an unnecessary expense if you are broke, my cell phone pictures are so low quality that they don't look my kids the few times I've pulled it out), I do wish there were more and better pictures of this sweet little girl.

Like I said, I'm merely speculating. That's what we do here at WS :) I didn't state it as fact.

Thanks so much!

Mel

lynnb
09-26-2011, 06:44 PM
I just thought of something...if Aliayah was raised in the foster system when mom wasn't "home", that may explain the shortage of photos.

she may have only returned to her mother's care recently

SnoopyDoobyDoo
09-26-2011, 06:45 PM
Not having a recent picture really bothers me because a year makes a world of difference at that age. My nephews looked like different people every year of their life until one got into the 5+ age range and less change happens year to year. I just cannot believe that no one in the world, mother or not, snapped a photo of her that is even from 2011.

I can. Say mom (and possibly grandma) don't have a camera. Maybe there's a family get together during a holiday and the camera comes out, but the little girl hides. She wouldn't be the first. I have spent the last six months trying to chase my older child down (good-naturedly- if he was really upset about it I wouldn't do it, another possibilty) while snapping pictures, because he inevitably runs away and/or obscures his face. Even with two digital cameras at my constant disposal, I have managed maybe 10-15 usable pictures if he were to disappear tomorrow. If I had to rely on friends/family get togethers, there would almost certainly be none.

Edit- And Lynn's line of though is certainly possible as well.

Like I said, I'm merely speculating. That's what we do here at WS :) I didn't state it as fact.

Thanks so much!

Mel

Sorry, I misinterpreted your post. When you said "We know mommy has internet", I assumed you meant an internet connection and I had missed this information. :)

lynnb
09-26-2011, 06:59 PM
http://www.weirtondailytimes.com/page/content.detail/id/570989.html
Alton said it's too soon to say whether the child wandered off or was taken.
"We've all got our own senses about it, but at this point, it's just like she vanished out of midair," he said.

What does that mean?

Melanie
09-26-2011, 07:01 PM
I can. Say mom (and possibly grandma) don't have a camera. Maybe there's a family get together during a holiday and the camera comes out, but the little girl hides. She wouldn't be the first. I have spent the last six months trying to chase my older child down (good-naturedly- if he was really upset about it I wouldn't do it, another possibilty) while snapping pictures, because he inevitably runs away and/or obscures his face. Even with two digital cameras at my constant disposal, I have managed maybe 10-15 usable pictures if he were to disappear tomorrow. If I had to rely on friends/family get togethers, there would almost certainly be none.

Edit- And Lynn's line of though is certainly possible as well.

Sorry, I misinterpreted your post. When you said "We know mommy has internet", I assumed you meant an internet connection and I had missed this information. :)

Ahhh...sorry bout that. When I said that she has internet -- meaning she can access FB somehow. Maybe it's not in her home - who knows. Just like you mentioning that perhaps she didn't have it in the home. We're both on the same page :)

Mel

wfgodot
09-26-2011, 07:04 PM
http://www.weirtondailytimes.com/page/content.detail/id/570989.html
Alton said it's too soon to say whether the child wandered off or was taken.
"We've all got our own senses about it, but at this point, it's just like she vanished out of midair," he said.

What does that mean?

"There is no evidence of a specific scenario; we have only our subjective feelings about what has happened."

lynnb
09-26-2011, 07:05 PM
OT- breaking news on JVM- Steven Powell sexually obsessed with Susan
These shows are ridiculous....how can they call that breaking news?

JeannieC
09-26-2011, 07:05 PM
Not to mention grandmothers, aunts, cousins, neighbors, friends etc...
This little girl is adorable. How could she walk by anyone and not have her picture snapped? She's too dang cute

I believe I read upthread that cell phones don't work in that area. I believe someone mentioned it for searchers. I know all the times I've been to WV my cell wouldn't work in a lot of areas.

Melanie
09-26-2011, 07:08 PM

I know! I just so happen to be putting together a holiday album for the UK grandparents, and the changes in my son from one year to the next is amazing. I'm glad I have all these photos (although he seems none to pleased).

I wonder about her Birthday. She just had her 3rd birthday on JULY 29, 2011. What - not a single birthday photo? Was it even celebrated.

OMG - I must have 100 piccies from my sons 3rd. We're not wealthy by any stretch of the imagination (1 income family), but I do make sure that each year is special in its own way.

I just wanna cry --

Mel

lynnb
09-26-2011, 07:13 PM
I believe I read upthread that cell phones don't work in that area. I believe someone mentioned it for searchers. I know all the times I've been to WV my cell wouldn't work in a lot of areas.

But you don't need service to use the camera on a phone

lynnb
09-26-2011, 07:24 PM
http://www.wboy.com/story.cfm?func=viewstory&storyid=108621
"Christmas Day, when she was going to open up her presents, she always opens up the biggest ones first and the smallest ones for last. She was really, really proud of what she got for Christmas. I just want her back home," Wendy Swiger, Aliayah's aunt, said.

Her family says Aliayah would not wander off on her own, and family and acquaintances shared stories about a girl who loves cats and dogs, saying her smile could light up a room.

"She was a special little girl. She wouldn't go to no strangers. She was pretty close to the family, and we just want her home," Sherri Prunty, Aliayah's aunt, said.

Melanie
09-26-2011, 07:25 PM
Going back to post #142, there appears to be 21 registered sex offenders in Weston, WV, as of July, 2011. I would certainly like to hear the LE has cleared all of them. One, is a mere 1 mile away.

Source: http://www.city-data.com/so/so-Weston-West-Virginia.html

Mel

lynnb
09-26-2011, 07:28 PM
There is also a video posted with this story

In the video, the reporter states that no one from Aliayah's family would talk on camera

Melanie
09-26-2011, 07:31 PM
"Christmas Day, when she was going to open up her presents, she always opens up the biggest ones first and the smallest ones for last. She was really, really proud of what she got for Christmas. I just want her back home," Wendy Swiger, Aliayah's aunt, said.

Her family says Aliayah would not wander off on her own, and family and acquaintances shared stories about a girl who loves cats and dogs, saying her smile could light up a room.

"She was a special little girl. She wouldn't go to no strangers. She was pretty close to the family, and we just want her home," Sherri Prunty, Aliayah's aunt, said.

Maybe auntie can provide us with a picture of her smile that lights up a room then. Why is she a "special little girl". That's a very odd statement to me.

And of course she's close to the family - she's 3.

I'm not buying what she's trying to sell, and would like to see someone come forward with some decent pictures first.

Sorry - just a gut feeling..

MOO

Mel

fhc
09-26-2011, 07:33 PM

Why are they talking about Aliayah in the past tense???

lynnb
09-26-2011, 07:35 PM
Maybe auntie can provide us with a picture of her smile that lights up a room then. Why is she a "special little girl". That's a very odd statement to me.

And of course she's close to the family - she's 3.

I'm not buying what she's trying to sell, and would like to see someone come forward with some decent pictures first.

Sorry - just a gut feeling..

MOO

Mel

No, according to the aunt she "was" a special little girl:banghead:

JeannieC
09-26-2011, 07:37 PM
But you don't need service to use the camera on a phone

True but if the cell phone won't work in that area why would anyone have one?

lynnb
09-26-2011, 07:39 PM
True but if the cell phone won't work in that area why would you have one?

good point

bessie
09-26-2011, 07:40 PM
Some folks mentioned they saw a Christmas tree in the background, which makes me wonder if it was a "Santa lap" picture. Sometimes kids cry in those pictures...even well-adjusted and great kids.

MOO and other disclaimers.
It's not a Santa picture. A woman, her mom I suppose, is holding her in the photo. I can't make too much of the pouty face. During the holidays, kids get cranky and tired from too much excitement and eating a lot of goodies, etc., just like adults.

shefner
09-26-2011, 07:42 PM
SurfieTX.....jinx.

bessie
09-26-2011, 07:47 PM
Links to social networking pages, i.e., Facebook, associated with individuals are not allowed with the exception of victims and suspects. Most group pages set up to help find missing persons are okay to link to, with some exceptions. And please remember that we never copy and paste posts from other sites.

lynnb
09-26-2011, 07:48 PM
Just a reminder Aliayah's story will be on Nancy Grace in about 10 minutes

cc81
09-26-2011, 07:57 PM
so Aunt talks about Aliayah opening Christmas presents. By all accounts, the last picture of Aliayah is from Christmas?! 1+1=when was the last time someone from outside the family saw the baby.

Anyone catch the Aunts post for Friday morning?? That gave me chills!!!!

Also, someone mentioned the connection of liars (or something similar) and how the mom was set on 3's. Aliayah last seen at 6:30am. Cops started searching near 11:30am. How about Aliayah's stats!! 3 years old, 30 pounds (or 35lbs, no one seems to know) 3 feet tall!

SnoopyDoobyDoo
09-26-2011, 07:59 PM
Why are they talking about Aliayah in the past tense???

Maybe the aunts haven't seen her since she moved/the Christmas get together, so they are thinking of nearly year old memories? The alternative just breaks my heart.

As for birthday pictures- not everybody puts the same value on photographs, especially if they don't have access to a camera as a few posters have been speculating. Or maybe something came up and the celebration was cancelled- we have a family birthday in that same time frame, and due to schedules and such our plans for a family party to celebrate never happened. We had cake the day of, but it was never really a birthday to-do.

lynnb
09-26-2011, 08:00 PM
JVM- 6 people in the home and noone saw anything

deelytful1
09-26-2011, 08:01 PM
UGH JVM sitting in for nancy...
They still have no new pics. Guess they don't exist :(

lynnb
09-26-2011, 08:02 PM
JVM in for Nancy.....not Marc

lynnb
09-26-2011, 08:02 PM
search efforts called off for tonight
looking for leads

lynnb
09-26-2011, 08:03 PM
when Mom found her missing, mom got in car and went looking for her. ran out of gas

drove around for 2 hours

cluciano63
09-26-2011, 08:03 PM
Good grief "Snatched from bed while sleeping?" is the tag line on NG...not too sensational...

deelytful1
09-26-2011, 08:04 PM
Hmmm...driving around town???? For 2 hours? No.. there's something seriously wrong here. My son came home late from the bus (only 15 minutes) and I was already on the phone with the school and getting ready to call 911

lynnb
09-26-2011, 08:04 PM
Marc a guest....explaining why no amber alert

deelytful1
09-26-2011, 08:05 PM
GO Marc Klaas!! i totally agree about the Amber Alert...

lynnb
09-26-2011, 08:05 PM
passed 48 hr mark....dr saying race against time...dehydrate quicker...lower body temp quicker

chasing.halos
09-26-2011, 08:06 PM
Hmmm...driving around town???? For 2 hours? No.. there's something seriously wrong here. My son came home late from the bus (only 15 minutes) and I was already on the phone with the school and getting ready to call 911

Agree. Something is very wrong. Sorry but 2 hours of searching before calling LE? :no: :no: :no:

lynnb
canines tracked from house to river...40 yards away....however trail went cold at river...no signs of girl in river

deelytful1
No one from the family on to plea or speak about the case... Another bad sign. IMO

lynnb
09-26-2011, 08:07 PM
divers in water.....using grids.....focusing on area right behind house......
cops are talking to people in home..

lynnb
09-26-2011, 08:08 PM
mom left to take stepdad to work...mom came back at 9:30 and she was gone

cluciano63
09-26-2011, 08:09 PM
So there is a stepdad in the home? And he is not her dad?

lynnb
09-26-2011, 08:10 PM
taking calls.....
question- where the windows left open?
reporter- talked to sheriff...no indication of entrance or breakin. Family saying no one there

SnoopyDoobyDoo

Does the grandmother live with them? If not, who was watching the kids at this point?

peeples
what time did she leave to take the step dad?? 6:30??

lynnb
mom expecting twins...mom didn't leave house to take stepdad....was up to see stepdad off
clarification from reporter

deelytful1
09-26-2011, 08:11 PM
Holy Carp.. 5 kids all under 11 and expecting twins.. sigh

SinKittyVixen
two hours! wow, if my 3yr old went missing, Id look in the house and yard, and then 911. But, granted, Ive never been in that position and I dont know how Id react, but 2 hours!??!

cc81
mom is having twins in a couple of weeks.. guy says mom did not leave home to take step dad to work and that he was picked up.

lynnb
why didn't mom call 911?
Paula Bloom- feels very unusual and outside the realm of what you'd expect

deelytful1
So there is a stepdad in the home? And he is not her dad?

Sound familiar :(

lynnb
09-26-2011, 08:14 PM
CLARIFICATION:
first they said mom left house to take stepdad to work. Reporter clarified and said Mom had gotten up to see stepdad off to work. Someone came to pick him up.

momtective
09-26-2011, 08:14 PM

Where does Step Dad work? How long to get to work place and back home? Two hours driving around looking for her...she was supposedly discovered missing at 9:30...what time was first call made to 911? Search began at 11:30 correct? Is the car still out of gas, if not when did she put gas in it and drive it back to the house?

I don't believe for a second that this baby is in that river. I believe mom and step dad know exactly where she is and exactly how she got there...sorry, it's jmo but that's how I feel about this situation.

Edited because I just saw the above correction or is it a change in story? Can the person who picked up Step Dad be verified?

Dr.Fessel
09-26-2011, 08:15 PM
I call BS on it all. Why do you drive around for 2 hours looking for a child that would never leave the house?

That baby is within a hours drive from the home buried or in a river.

deelytful1
09-26-2011, 08:15 PM
Thanks lynnb for your blow by blow!!! :tyou:

SnoopyDoobyDoo
09-26-2011, 08:16 PM
two hours! wow, if my 3yr old went missing, Id look in the house and yard, and then 911. But, granted, Ive never been in that position and I dont know how Id react, but 2 hours!??!

I mentioned this in another missing child thread today, but a mother once recounted when her daughter wandered off and hid. They were looking everywhere, and after a "panicked few minutes" they were headed towards the phone to call the police when they found her. It was only then that they realised it had been nearly an hour, not a few minutes like it seemed. 2 hours is suspicious, but in that situaiton the concept of time is... fluid, is the best word, I guess.

deelytful1
I call BS on it all. Why do you drive around for 2 hours looking for a child that would never leave the house?

Without a doubt...

lynnb
back on. 6;30...mom said checked on her...saw stepdad off to work...checked at 9:30 and she was gone

lynnb
09-26-2011, 08:17 PM
Joe Gomez- Mom in house when she disappeared....Aliayah was in bed sick...

cluciano63
09-26-2011, 08:17 PM
Now she was sick in bed?

cluciano63
09-26-2011, 08:18 PM
Ok if she was sick, and mom did not check on her for 3 hours?

deelytful1
Doesn't necessarily have to be the mother... she has some older sisters (9&11?) and an accident (or a purposeful incident out of rage) may have happened and the mother is trying to protect them.. :(

lynnb
Joe Gomez-- bizarr

Polygraph expert- polygraph cannot be done on pregnant women

lynnb
09-26-2011, 08:19 PM
afraid to cause miscarriage. at this point more homework needs to be done

deelytful1
Ok if she was sick, and mom did not check on her for 3 hours?

Good point :(

peeples
Ok I can think of reasons mom didn't call 911, they are PURELY SPECULATION by me...
Has something to hide and thinks she can find daughter on her own and keep from getting in trouble.. maybe has a history with CPS and doesn't want them contacted, maybe there is drugs in the house, or she's been drinking while pregnant, family already thinks she has her hands full with the kids she has and doesn't want to look like bad mother.. etc..

I just want this baby girl found!!

lynnb
09-26-2011, 08:20 PM
question
caller- History of social services? dogs?
dogs followed direct trail to river. Mom has criminal record. This child may have been born while incarcerated

lynnb
09-26-2011, 08:21 PM
I missed what county they said the Mom just moved from. anyone catch that?

lynnb
09-26-2011, 08:22 PM
during the commercial break --just wanna tell you all that I feel sick now

cc81
09-26-2011, 08:22 PM
Braxton and Gilmer Counties

Dr.Fessel
09-26-2011, 08:24 PM
Doesn't necessarily have to be the mother... she has some older sisters (9&11?) and an accident (or a purposeful incident out of rage) may have happened and the mother is trying to protect them.. :(
odds are if she is protecting someone it is the step-dad.

lynnb
09-26-2011, 08:25 PM
back on....
mom's criminal record for forgery...no history of child abuse that they can find

SilkySifaka
09-26-2011, 08:25 PM
question
caller- History of social services? dogs?
dogs followed direct trail to river. Mom has criminal record. This child may have been born while incarcerated

i still think this little one got out and fell into the river. If mom has a history with LE and jail, i can see her not thinking of calling them right away..or at least hoping to find her on her own. IOW she may have done some stupid or reckless things because of her history (as someone said, perhaps drugs in the house etc) but that doesn't mean that she murdered her daughter.

The dogs going straight to the river tell me what is likely...imo

lynnb
09-26-2011, 08:26 PM
canines tracked her to the river....dogs followed scent straight to the river...40 yards away....dark by the time divers got in water....been in 2 days since...

lynnb
09-26-2011, 08:27 PM
had to go thru brush to get there....dr doesn't see 3 yr old sick child doing this
would look for mom or siblings first

~n/t~
Could she have died from an overdose and mom panicked because she already has a criminal record, is pregnant with twins and doesn't want to wind up in jail again?

The 2 hour drive is very suspicious. :sigh:

SinKittyVixen
I read on one of the fb pages (a public one) that she had gave her medicine at 6:30. I cant recall exactly what post and Im paraphrasing,hope I can do that.. Im still a newbie.

momtective
Aliayah was sick...let's just admit it, sick babies are no fun at all, they cry, they puke, they poop...nope, no fun at all, especially if one is trying to sleep so they can go to work the following morning. kwim

SilkySifaka
09-26-2011, 08:28 PM
canines tracked her to the river....dogs followed scent straight to the river...40 yards away....dark by the time divers got in water....been in 2 days since...

40 yards??? that only takes a couple of minutes for a little one to get to and disappear.

How fast is the current there?

lynnb
09-26-2011, 08:28 PM
i still think this little one got out and fell into the river. If mom has a history with LE and jail, i can see her not thinking of calling them right away..or at least hoping to find her on her own. IOW she may have done some stupid or reckless things because of her history (as someone said, perhaps drugs in the house etc) but that doesn't mean that she murdered her daughter.

The dogs going straight to the river tell me what is likely...imo

if Aliayah regularly walked to the river bank prior...would her scent still pick up?

peeples
09-26-2011, 08:30 PM
if Aliayah regularly walked to the river bank prior...would her scent still pick up?

From what i've learned here, if the right dogs re used they could smell her up to 2 weeks

lynnb
09-26-2011, 08:31 PM
why didn't we hear all this during the Mom's interview today? It made it seem like everyone was in bed and she just disappeared

cluciano63
I don't get the driving around at all, as I would think the instinct would be to run around on foot, for a child that small.

cc81

that's exactly what I've been thinking since they announced the dog led to the waterway!

deelytful1
Aliayah was sick...let's just admit it, sick babies are no fun at all, they cry, the puke, they poop...nope, no fun at all, especially if one is trying to sleep so they can go to work the following morning. kwim

Very true... and if her pics are any indication, she might have been a difficult child to begin with :( Could have put Mom (anyone else in the family) over the edge...

lynnb
09-26-2011, 08:32 PM
JVM saying Mom checked on her at 9 am
reporter- caught a cold the night before-mom drove around looking for her-had to borrow gas from someone cuz she ran out

deelytful1
09-26-2011, 08:32 PM
OT: WHO is this <snip> on JVM screaming and being overly dramatic? Ugh...

lynnb
09-26-2011, 08:33 PM
surveillance video of mom searching from nearby businesses. no sign of aliayah on the videoa.
stepdad works at stonewall jackson resort

deelytful1
Just because they have pics of the mom driving around, doesn't mean she was looking for Aliayah... scoring drugs? Looking for a dump site??

cluciano63
I hope the two hours of driving, running out of gas, is not an alibi for needing to drive someplace some distance from the home...

chasing.halos
09-26-2011, 08:34 PM
I don't like the sound of this. These new details are very hinky. :(

SilkySifaka

They said the scent disappeared at the river so it seems the stronger scent didn't have a return to the house.

The brush doesn't bother me, what looks hard from 5 or 6 feet up can look very different from a toddlers height. they find paths we can just guess at

I just don't see the dogs alerting on the river for no reason.

Occams razor and all that. river near the house, child idsappears, dogs follow to the river...then no further scent.

I don't think this mom is parent of the year to say the least but it still seems more likely an accidental drowning happened.

deelytful1
A little suspicious??? LOL

lynnb
09-26-2011, 08:35 PM
unleash the lawyers
someone could have been in water with a boat. need to speak to every RSO
no Amber alert because of qualifications
Will definetley have to look within family. story is suspicious. does not make sense someone snuck in with all this family members home

cyberborg
back on. 6;30...mom said checked on her...saw stepdad off to work...checked at 9:30 and she was gone

Her voice just sounds like Misty Croslin ... As does her story. Hinky.

Who waits till 9:30 to check on her again, especially when sick and which kid sleeps in that late? ... Unless drugged.

cluciano63
I do feel she went into the river, personally, and possibly by accident. JMO

~n/t~
reporter- caught a cold the night before-mom drove around looking for her-had to borrow gas from someone cuz she ran out

Oh dear. Not another gas can story. :nerves:

EastCoast
Oh Dear God, not again. 3 yr. olds just don't disappear on their own.

lynnb
according to the sheriff...child had never been to river bank before.

momtective
09-26-2011, 08:36 PM
surveillance video of mom searching from nearby businesses. no sign of aliayah on the videoa.
stepdad works at stonewall jackson resort

In Roanoke?

lynnb
question
did mom talk to other children to see if they had seen her?
JVM- we don't know if she did or didn't

cc81
wow so baby had never been to the river. Well that knocks off my idea of the dog picking up on a previous visit.

Would be nice to know if dog was used to determine if any other family member went to river recently

deelytful1
09-26-2011, 08:37 PM

Yeah, but on JVM they were saying she would have had to go around brush JUST to get to the river so if she's in the river, I don't think it was of her own volition...

SilkySifaka
09-26-2011, 08:37 PM

I don't feel so alone now!!

lynnb
09-26-2011, 08:38 PM
Marc-never a good idea to drive around frantically
who is bio dad and what was his relationship with girl like?
scent could be older if child had wandered with older siblings earlier
Marc doesn't believe 3 yr old could sleep in with house full of siblings

Dr.Fessel
Sheba

~n/t~
question
did mom talk to other children to see if they had seen her?
JVM- we don't know if she did or didn't

Cops should tallk to the other kids, imo. Is the oldest 11?

cc81
09-26-2011, 08:39 PM
"a sister" saw Aliayah at 6:30am as well as the mom

cluciano63
Mom hadn't seen the child in 3 hours on this occassion...there could have been other 3-hr periods she was unattended and had wandered outside.

lynnb
caller
Has problems with everything. asking about missing teeth
dr
big variability in kids losing teeth. is unusual. could have had fall. child could have slept late because she was sick.

deelytful1
09-26-2011, 08:40 PM
Cops should tallk to the other kids, imo. Is the oldest 11?

You're right
Perhaps they might give it up

cc81
9 year old sibling was sleeping in the same room as Aliayah until the 6:30am check up

lynnb
9 yr old was originally in room with Aliayah. 6:30 woke up and then the 9 yr old went in Mom's room to let Aliayah sleep

Shadow205
09-26-2011, 08:41 PM
Nothing has been said about why the school age children were not in school. There has been no mention of the mother getting the other children up for school. I think there are 3 that are school age, right?

lynnb
09-26-2011, 08:42 PM
I'm gonna have to go back to read all your comments because I can't type and read at the same time. I'm sure I'm missing some really good thoughts!

lynnb
Nothing has been said about why the school age children were not in school. There has been no mention of the mother getting the other children up for school. I think there are 3 that are school age, right?

she went missing on a saturday morning

deelytful1
9 yr old was originally in room with Aliayah. 6:30 woke up and then the 9 yr old went in Mom's room to let Aliayah sleep

That makes NO sense whatsoever... I don't understand this. If Aliayah was used to sleeping with her sister in the room, why would she have to leave the room to allow her to sleep?

chasing.halos
I have to say that I have had that moment of sheer terror and panic when I could not find my 18 month old. I had ran up to the top floor for something and when I came back downstairs a minute later he wasn't anywhere. I was screaming for him like a mad woman and I am usually a very mellow person, lol. I looked everywhere on each floor of the house and started panicking by the second. Then I went outside on foot and ran, circling our house three times and was about to call the police when I saw him playing in the neighbors sandbox.
It was NOT instinct to drive anywhere. But then again, I knew he had to be close by due to the time frame of when I saw him last.
If we are to go by what Aliayah's mom is saying, she didn't see her for 3 hours. So she could have technically travelled far. The driving is not necessarily what gets me... it's the not calling LE for 2 hours is what gets me.

deelytful1
09-26-2011, 08:43 PM

This happened on Saturday

eileenhawkeye
09-26-2011, 08:43 PM

Aliayah went missing on a Saturday

Dr.Fessel
09-26-2011, 08:44 PM
9 yr old was originally in room with Aliayah. 6:30 woke up and then the 9 yr old went in Mom's room to let Aliayah sleep Does that make any sense to you?

cyberborg
09-26-2011, 08:44 PM

Thanks ... Which makes any abduction unlikely IMO given the activity in the house, the limited window of opportunity and, folks stirring for work and actvities.

Sounds more like accidental overdose and cover-up IMO

lynnb
09-26-2011, 08:46 PM
lawyer-
someone with experience needs to talk to 9 yr old. reliability is good. more reliable than adults cuz they're more truthful
dr-
if afraid of getting in trouble will not be truthful

lynnb
09-26-2011, 08:47 PM
caller
could someone with boat come in river and gotten child?
JVM
no details with open windows.
reporter
door doesn't secure very well

Shadow205
09-26-2011, 08:47 PM
she went missing on a saturday morning

duh! I knew that:banghead: Wasn't thinking.

lynnb
09-26-2011, 08:48 PM
who's getting polygraphs?
no suspects outside of the home. polygraphing/ interviewing people in home. some as much as 6 times.

momtective
Does that make any sense to you?

Like I said in a previous post...sick babies cry...alot! My guess is no one was sleeping, especially not Aliayah.

deelytful1
Thanks ... Which makes any abduction unlikely IMO given the activity in the house, the limited window of opportunity and, folks stirring for work and actvities.

Sounds more like accidental overdose and cover-up IMO

How much Benadryl do u have to give a child to overdose them?????
I had a friend (acquaintance) who used to give her kids 3 teaspoons of Benadryl each to knock them out so she and her husband could go out :( (she told me this much later or else, YES i would have called!)
So> how much would she have had to give her?? And can you consider it accidental????

lynnb
09-26-2011, 08:49 PM
polygraph expert- everything leading to the home. mom is only one telling this story. Who else can verify?

~n/t~
Have LE checked inside the home? They should check her trunk. They may find chloroform. The story is becoming way too familiar. Driving around for 2hours, no gas.......

lynnb
Father does not know he is the father. Father was never told. never in her life

lynnb
09-26-2011, 08:50 PM
dr
don't need a license to have a child. still can't wrap around driving around town. something doesn't add up.

deelytful1
09-26-2011, 08:51 PM
In Roanoke?

According to FB.. Mom lived in Roanoke previously...

lynnb
09-26-2011, 08:51 PM
OT- if I cared about Nancy dancing I'd be watching. Stop wasting airtime on this

deelytful1
09-26-2011, 08:52 PM
duh! I knew that:banghead: Wasn't thinking.

Stop that! You're gonna hurt yourself! :)

lynnb
Does that make any sense to you?

I have not heard one thing that makes sense to me in the last hour

cc81
I'm just so thankful they are devoting so much time to Aliayah, even with so little information available!

sadnpod
09-26-2011, 08:53 PM
My heart is breaking again. Where is this sweet child? Hinky. It all sounds hinky to me. We just recently had a 2 yr old drown in a river close by the home he wandered off from. Dogs tracked him to the river almost immediately. He was only missing a matter of minutes before LE was called. NO one drove around looking for him as they knew he had to be close by. This is a well respected family and LE knew he was missing.. not abducted and not hurt by a family member. When a 2 yr old wanders off.. you call LE.. you call your neighbors, you run on foot everywhere you think they may have gone.

I dont want to be judgemental.. I hope and pray she is safe. But my stomach is churning. :(

deelytful1
09-26-2011, 08:53 PM
OT- if I cared about Nancy dancing I'd be watching. Stop wasting airtime on this

I agree... ugh. I expect she'll be gone next so thankfully we won't have to listen to the propaganda anymore.. she's horrible!!

cyberborg
09-26-2011, 08:54 PM
Like I said in a previous post...sick babies cry...alot! My guess is no one was sleeping, especially not Aliayah.

Exactly! So is a sick child going to be full of mischief and wander off or cry for Mommy over and over and want attention? Mommy knocked her out...

lynnb
09-26-2011, 08:54 PM
I have to say...I'm feeling very uncomfortable right now. While looking at some of this family's fb posts, they were following the CA story

elepher50
09-26-2011, 08:55 PM
Thanks for all the info from the show - really appreciated as my box is being used on other shows tonight (got out voted).

A map showing a driving distance of up to 1.5 hours from the house should be done to show possible locations for recovery. IMO if a 3 year old goes missing, one would arouse the neighbors and do a foot search not a driving search. If baby was sick it is doubtful that she would leave the house but would rather be clinging to her mother/house for comfort.

This does not make sense at all. With this information I am very fearful that this will not have a good outcome.

Dr.Fessel

yeah I think that might be the key. That made no sense "9 yr old went in Mom's room to let Aliayah sleep"

The 9 year old went to moms room because she could not sleep because of Aliayah being sick.

lynnb
JVM- let's not assume anything.
Marc- we have to keep investigating. looked at a map. answer is gonna be close to home. doesn't think she is far

deelytful1
09-26-2011, 08:56 PM
OT My heart breaks every time I see Kerra :(

~n/t~
09-26-2011, 08:57 PM
Father does not know he is the father. Father was never told. never in her life

someone tell me this is just a coincidence.

cluciano63
09-26-2011, 08:58 PM
I will bet any amount that no stranger one came into that packed house and made off with a child...

~n/t~
09-26-2011, 08:58 PM
I have to say...I'm feeling very uncomfortable right now. While looking at some of this family's fb posts, they were following the CA story

:banghead:

CarrieBean
09-26-2011, 09:00 PM
I haven't caught up on this thread but have a question.

Does LE ever track someone else' scent at the same time as tracking a missing person. I mean, could they use an article of the mother's, stepfather's, etc. at the same time, with another dog to try to track another person's scent that may have been with the child?

I hope that made sense.

TGIRecovered
09-26-2011, 09:00 PM
I don't get the driving around at all, as I would think the instinct would be to run around on foot, for a child that small.

Did she stop and ask anyone if they had seen the child?

I've driven around looking for my lost dog before. I kept the windows rolled down and called out to neighbors working in their yards, kids on bikes, the mailman etc., asking if they had seen the dog. While I was gone, I had the kids and neighbors keeping an eye out in case the dog popped out from behind a neighbor's fence. I gave people my phone # just in case they spotted her later in the day! Word got around and someone I didn't know found the dog and called me!

Did Aliayah's mom ask any of her neighbors to look in their yard before she took off in the car? Did she have the older girls help search? Did she call hubby at work? Did she call anyone at all, even her mother, for help?

elepher50
09-26-2011, 09:04 PM
someone tell me this is just a coincidence.

Nope ............. imo

deelytful1
09-26-2011, 09:05 PM
Did she stop and ask anyone if they had seen the child?

I've driven around looking for my lost dog before. I kept the windows rolled down and called out to neighbors working in their yards, kids on bikes, the mailman etc., asking if they had seen the dog. While I was gone, I had the kids and neighbors keeping an eye out in case the dog popped out from behind a neighbor's fence. I gave people my phone # just in case they spotted her later in the day! Word got around and someone I didn't know found the dog and called me!

Did Aliayah's mom ask any of her neighbors to look in their yard before she took off in the car? Did she have the older girls help search? Did she call hubby at work? Did she call anyone at all, even her mother, for help?
My point exactly.. PLUS how far is a 3 year old going to travel?? How about knocking on the neighbors doors?
Just because she's on videos driving around does NOT mean it was because she was looking for Aliayah IMHO

lonetraveler
09-26-2011, 09:05 PM
Thanks for all the info from the show - really appreciated as my box is being used on other shows tonight (got out voted).

A map showing a driving distance of up to 1.5 hours from the house should be done to show possible locations for recovery. IMO if a 3 year old goes missing, one would arouse the neighbors and do a foot search not a driving search. If baby was sick it is doubtful that she would leave the house but would rather be clinging to her mother/house for comfort.

This does not make sense at all. With this information I am very fearful that this will not have a good outcome.

Good point! Three year old toddlers get more clingy when sick, they don't usually decide to go for a walk.

lynnb
09-26-2011, 09:06 PM
I think I'm all caught up. To answer some questions I saw
They are not aware of trying to track any other family members scent
They are not aware what the other children were doing while she drove around

lynnb
09-26-2011, 09:08 PM
After this, I think we are going to be hearing a lot more from the media

TGIRecovered
09-26-2011, 09:09 PM
When I first saw her pic I noticed how beautiful Aliayah is, and how she reminded me of Caylee. Mom's story is certainly very similar. She even has her own mother right there at her side, speaking for her even.

Paulette
How often do sick children walk to rivers?

Nore
Praying for Aliayah...
She was in her home at 6:30 AM?

So, they think she wandered off or a home abduction? :(
I've become so jaded when i hear the last place seen was her own home.

:praying: Aliayah comes home safe

--------------
I feel the same way. I get a feeling right off the bat and sorry to say I am usually right. I pray for her. Here we go again. I see the look on her little face I sometimes saw on Caylee.:tears:

lonetraveler
09-26-2011, 09:10 PM

Reported missing on Saturday the 24th, right?

cluciano63
09-26-2011, 09:11 PM
I do wonder if she knew she was seen driving around and then told LE that she was looking for the child...the driving part just does not make sense, there is no way you would think a child had gone far enough away that you would need the car to find her. JMO

lynnb
09-26-2011, 09:13 PM
I wish someone would have reported the last time she was seen outside of the home by someone other than Mom

TGIRecovered
09-26-2011, 09:16 PM
My point exactly.. PLUS how far is a 3 year old going to travel?? How about knocking on the neighbors doors?
Just because she's on videos driving around does NOT mean it was because she was looking for Aliayah IMHO

I wonder what business camera she was seen on.
Did she happen to visit Target?
Park near a dumpster?
Stop for take-out?
Buy beer?

deelytful1
09-26-2011, 09:17 PM
Park near a dumpster?
Stop for take-out?
Buy beer?

:floorlaugh:
Not funny!!! :lol:

Paulette
09-26-2011, 09:19 PM
One gets to the point in some of these cases where you can just smell it - the deceit and lies.

mountain_momma
09-26-2011, 09:20 PM
In Roanoke?

Stonewall Jackson Resort is in Roanoke, WV, not the Roanoke that is in Virginia. It's just a few miles from Weston.

This story makes me sick. I have been to Weston, WV. You can drive through Weston in 5 minutes. What in the world was she doing for 2 hours? Like someone else said, she reminds me of Misty Croslin. :sick:

That baby looks so sad, like she has nothing to smile about. I hope the older siblings are able to give some helpful information. I have a feeling the adults in this family are going to be of no help at all.

lynnb
09-26-2011, 09:21 PM
IIRC-the reporter said she was sick with a cold that she had caught the night before. I wonder whose words they were. reporters or Mom's?

obody
My heart breaks for this little girl :(

IMO there is no such thing as calling LE too soon when a young child is missing. When my normally clingy little one snuck off into the basement one day, I did a cursory check of front yard & back yard, and rooms of the house, then if I hadn't found her I would have been on the phone with 911 while searching hiding places and banging on the neighbours doors.

Maybe the mom has reason to be fearful of LE, but it still doesn't add up.

cluciano63
What I do have trouble believing is that any 3-yr old would stay in bed, alone, while sick. Don't they, at that age, tend to want undivided attention when sick? And if she was too sick to want that, how could one not check on her for 3 hours?

elepher50
09-26-2011, 09:22 PM
Park near a dumpster?
Stop for take-out?
Buy beer?

Oh gawd this just drive a nail through my heart.

lynnb
09-26-2011, 09:23 PM
I'm still in shock that I have sat here on this computer all day thinking that everyone in the house was sleeping and this child was snatched from her bed. Only to find out a stepdad magically appeared and Mom ran out of gas while driving around town all morning

lynnb
09-26-2011, 09:25 PM
What I do have trouble believing is that any 3-yr old would stay in bed, alone, while sick. Don't they, at that age, tend to want undivided attention when sick? And if she was too sick to want that, how could one not check on her for 3 hours?

It would have made more sense to me if Mom would have taken the sick 3 yr old into her room instead of the healthy 9 yr old.

deelytful1
09-26-2011, 09:28 PM

Yep.. as a mom you would want to give the child undivided attention too!

deelytful1
09-26-2011, 09:30 PM
It does not say that. I specifically bolded IF, BIG IF in hopes nobody would take it that way. I will remove the post so this does not happen.

I am removing this one as well so nobody quote it, please.

LMBO.. I know. I realized I was being thick headed after I read it 3 times and finally "GOT IT" and deleted my post LMBO.. Sigh.. too much reading!! :)

elepher50
09-26-2011, 09:30 PM
It would have made more sense to me if Mom would have taken the sick 3 yr old into her room instead of the healthy 9 yr old.

Should maybe have taken the baby to the doctor/clinic at 6:30am while she still had gas in the car and let the 9 year old sleep.

Dewey2Me1MoThyme
09-26-2011, 09:32 PM
Excuse me for just jumping in here, we'll blame it on me being a new-bee and so excited to have finally taken the plunge and joined WS after years of being a lurker. I also want to thank Admin for accepting me.
Back on topic, I watched this story on NG tonight and there are several small facts that bother me. Let's start with the adult male of the household getting up and going to work @ or about 9am 'ish on Saturday. unless I am running late, I never get up, and run out the door. I get up, have coffee, maybe breakfast, catch the news headlines, etc. This all takes time. Time that would make it virtually impossible for an intruder to come in or a child of 3 who is sick to wonder off.
Now as for the mother, if she went out to see her man off to work, that covers one door, but moreso, did she make him breakfast, have morning coffee with him. The other kids didn't sleep until 9 am did they? all these people in the house, some moving around room to room getting ready for the day sure would narrow the windows of opportunity, IMHO.

Melanie
09-26-2011, 09:33 PM

I agree. I haven't commented on the NG show because quite honestly I'm too upset. I believe they will find the child within a mile from the home, or in the river. Has LE looked under the home?

This is playing out like the Haleigh Cummings case -- mobile/trailer home, river and all.

Just my opinion and how I'm looking at it right now. Baby A is no longer with us, IMHO.

Thanks,

Mel

Dr.Fessel
09-26-2011, 09:34 PM
So I wonder where all the other kids were while mom was out burning up the gas? Were they hunting for the baby?

deelytful1
09-26-2011, 09:34 PM
Dewey2Me1MoThyme
:welcome:

Melanie
09-26-2011, 09:35 PM
Excuse me for just jumping in here, we'll blame it on me being a new-bee and so excited to have finally taken the plunge and joined WS after years of being a lurker. I also want to thank Admin for accepting me.
Back on topic, I watched this story on NG tonight and there are several small facts that bother me. Let's start with the adult male of the household getting up and going to work @ or about 9am 'ish on Saturday. unless I am running late, I never get up, and run out the door. I get up, have coffee, maybe breakfast, catch the news headlines, etc. This all takes time. Time that would make it virtually impossible for an intruder to come in or a child of 3 who is sick to wonder off.
Now as for the mother, if she went out to see her man off to work, that covers one door, but moreso, did she make him breakfast, have morning coffee with him. The other kids didn't sleep until 9 am did they? all these people in the house, some moving around room to room getting ready for the day sure would narrow the windows of opportunity, IMHO.

Welcome Dewey2Me1MoThyme~~~

I think you'll like it here :)

lynnb
09-26-2011, 09:39 PM
1st sign of a hinky case:
debating whether you should tag a forum "mom ran out of gas"

Melanie
Stonewall Jackson Resort is in Roanoke, WV, not the Roanoke that is in Virginia. It's just a few miles from Weston.

This story makes me sick. I have been to Weston, WV. You can drive through Weston in 5 minutes. What in the world was she doing for 2 hours? Like someone else said, she reminds me of Misty Croslin. :sick:

That baby looks so sad, like she has nothing to smile about. I hope the older siblings are able to give some helpful information. I have a feeling the adults in this family are going to be of no help at all.

Thank you! That was the impression I rec'd - this is a small town, everyone bands together. I mentioned that I lived in a very rural area for about 6 months (pop under 2,000). I could get in my car and go find my son riding on his bike in about 5 minutes.

I don't understand the 2 hour gap? Where did the mother go? Up and down the street, and back and forth again...for 2 hours?

When that was told I was absolutely convinced that baby A is gone and the bio mom and SF know where she is. It's an attempt at an alibi IMHO.

Again - just my opinion...not stating it as fact.

Thanks,

Mel

daisy7

I didn't see that she was sick? What'd I miss?

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
09-26-2011, 09:40 PM
New thread coming shortly! Hang on tight!!

lynnb
09-26-2011, 09:41 PM
I didn't see that she was sick? What'd I miss?

It was reported on Nancy Grace tonight. Worth watching a replay if you missed it.

daisy7
09-26-2011, 09:43 PM
yeah I think that might be the key. That made no sense "9 yr old went in Mom's room to let Aliayah sleep"

The 9 year old went to moms room because she could not sleep because of Aliayah being sick.

I'm behind and trying to catch up. Did the above quote come from NG?

Dr.Fessel
09-26-2011, 09:45 PM
I'm behind and trying to catch up. Did the above quote come from NG?

Yes it did.

Melanie
09-26-2011, 09:45 PM

Most excellent point. My hinky meter went up when it was reported that the 9 year old tucked into bed with mom so that A could sleep.

Huh? Wouldn't it be in reverse? Baby A wants to sleep and snuggle up to mom? My son always did.

I know I can't count on my experiences to equate what is going on here...but I have to look at common sense. Let the 9 year old stay in the room and take baby A into your room if she's not feeling well.

Again, JMHO.

Mel

bessie
09-26-2011, 09:47 PM
bumping for Daisy and others who missed it earlier.

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
09-26-2011, 09:48 PM
Please continue here:

WV WV - Aliayah Lunsford, 3, Lewis Co., 24-Sep-2011 - #2 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community