PDA

View Full Version : Websleuths Radio Incredible Information about Susan and Josh Powell

Tricia
09-24-2011, 10:13 PM
You have to listen to this show. Susan's friend Kiirsi Hellewell reveals some fascinating information.

CLICK HERE TO LISTEN (http://www.blogtalkradio.com/websleuths/2011/09/25/websleuths-radio)

grandmaj
09-25-2011, 05:25 PM
:bump: This show is about the Powell case. Take a look at the guests in the links in the top header.

Show starts at 7pm eastern this week.

Kimster
09-25-2011, 06:48 PM
The chat room at Blog Talk Radio is now open. See you all there! :seeya:

Lera213
09-25-2011, 06:50 PM
Ears on! Finally I didn't forget to tune in. I usually listen on Monday or Tuesday because I forget.

Thank you and I'm sure it will be a great show!

Lera213
09-25-2011, 06:53 PM
I cannot call in to ask a question but can someone ask Ben Wilson if they have reached out to Steven Powell's x spouse, any siblings X spouse (I heard one of the sisters that lives in the house was married before) Not JG. If the answer is no, can they try to get them on record with a statement?

Lera213
09-25-2011, 07:01 PM
It won't let me type in the chat area on WS radio? I registered too

gwenabob
09-25-2011, 08:06 PM
Great show! Got lots of great info from Kiirsi, Susan's friend. She said Josh completely controlled the finances and at one point, about the only groceries they had were what Susan grew in the garden. They ate so much fresh fruits and veggies, it gave the boys diarrhea.

He wouldn't let her have access to the bank account, even though she was the main breadwinner.

When the church members went to help Josh move, they were all immediately suspicious, and figured they could help preserve the integrity of Susan't belongings, and keep Josh close so maybe he would let something slip.

She said Josh wouldn't let the Coxes have any of Susan's things including her journals or photo/scrap books.

gwenabob
09-25-2011, 08:08 PM
Kiirsi also said that Josh had to call SP that afternoon to "get a recipe for pancakes!" (Yeah, right, POISON pancakes!) Josh could have looked in any cookbook or the internet for a recipe. Instead he had to call his dad. I doubt daddy Powell is an expert on pancake recipes. I think it was more like, "how many sleeping pills can I hide in one pancake without Susan tasting them?"

Lera213
09-25-2011, 08:51 PM
actually I think it was a slow poison with antifreeze. It taste sweet and with syrup no way you can tell.

passionflower
09-25-2011, 09:04 PM
I wasn't able to listen, what else was new info????

nurselady
09-25-2011, 09:10 PM
actually I think it was a slow poison with antifreeze. It taste sweet and with syrup no way you can tell.

Don't have any idea,but I think it was something that took effect very quickly,because she was feeling sick soon after eating.They were served individually by Josh..Would be interested to know what medications he had access to.I remember someone saying the pancakes had creme cheese.You can conceal the taste of many medications with this,also with jelly.We often used these things for our elderly patients,who could not swallow a pill,we just opened the capsules,and crushed the pills and mixed them..Would also be interested in the medications his father or other family members were taking..Spot on the floor could have been caused by her throwing up..So many unanswered questions!!!!

TxLady2
09-25-2011, 09:48 PM
When we make pancakes or waffles, we always serve them individually. If that's the basis for speculation that he poisoned her or over-medicated her, maybe I better watch my hubby next time he makes waffles for supper. (~LOL~)

runsdeep
09-25-2011, 09:51 PM

vomiting. seems to fit.

runsdeep
09-25-2011, 09:55 PM
the little boys will take some time to unlearn what powells have been teaching them. hope it is early enough to re-guide them.

Tricia
09-25-2011, 10:03 PM
Guys, you HAVE to listen to this show to hear what Kiirsi said.

Here is the link;
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/websleuths/2011/09/25/websleuths-radio

SuziQ
09-25-2011, 10:45 PM
Tricia, this was a great show....still listening.

Per Kiirsi: Professionals have talked to the children and that's all she can say about that.

Kimster
09-25-2011, 10:59 PM
Kiirsi was kind enough to answer a LOT of questions we've had for quite awhile! And what a wonderful friend she has been for Susan. :heartluv:

SuziQ
09-25-2011, 11:03 PM
Per Kiirsi not verbatim: Reason she originally thought Susan was kidnapped and alive somewhere was because of what she's known all along about Steve Powell. (that he had her somewhere).

Lera213
09-25-2011, 11:14 PM
Would it not be bizarre if Steven thought he got JP to kill his wife by giving him instructions. JP thought he poisoned her to death but instead she was knocked out cold. JP delivers the body (JP thinks she is dead) to a pre-determined spot then Steve tells his son, "Don't worry son go home and do this blah blah blah. In the mean time, Steven hides Susan in a very remote spot as his prisoner. She is chained and isolated, maybe he visits her once a month to take her food or she is close by.

My gosh! Could you imagine?

tiredblondy
09-25-2011, 11:17 PM
Would it not be bizarre if Steven thought he got JP to kill his wife by giving him instructions. JP thought he poisoned her to death but instead she was knocked out cold. JP delivers the body (JP thinks she is dead) to a pre-determined spot then Steve tells his son, "Don't worry son go home and do this blah blah blah. In the mean time, Steven hides Susan in a very remote spot as his prisoner. She is chained and isolated, maybe he visits her once a month to take her food or she is close by.

My gosh! Could you imagine?

Yes I can imagine. But he'd visit her more than once a month...going to listen to the show now.

HatesSociopaths
09-25-2011, 11:21 PM
Great interview.

I am confident LE has their eye on the ball and that this case will resolve soon.

I am also confident that this case could have been resolved much sooner had these people talking about SP's obsessive behavior been properly followed up on to begin with.

Thank God megalomaniac SP has such a big mouth (who thought he had us all fooled.)

tiredblondy
09-25-2011, 11:46 PM
I can't listen!!! For some reason it won't load...I'm sad.

grayjay
09-26-2011, 12:12 AM
It's possible the case was very close to solved from the gitgo, but not to where they can get the conviction(s) they want. I personally don't think LE people as a whole just fell off of some turnip truck. Records were sealed for good reasons.

JMO

redfish
09-26-2011, 12:20 AM
This was an awesome show. Very enlightening. I am looking through fresh eyes tonight. My opinion hasn't changed exactly but I see Josh clearer and he is just as scary as his father to me. Those poor, poor babies. I hope they are getting lots of hugs where they are tonight. Where ever you are Susan I know you are rejoicing in their escape from these monsters. My prayer is that this will stop the sick cycle repeating through the males of this family.

SuziQ
09-26-2011, 09:45 AM
I'm not good at transcribing. Maybe Tricia will give permission to have Kiirsi's interview transcribed. That way we can snip and post in the proper thread for discussion. That reminds me, do we have a thread regarding the possibility that Susan was poisoned? If not, should I start one?

Per Kiirsi last night not verbatim: Susan was very ill the three weeks prior to her disappearance. The day Susan disappeared, JP called his dad for a pancake recipe. They spoke for 15 minutes. Kiirsi says in hindsight, this really bothers her. Feels bodily fluids not blood on carpet removed from home. Loveseat also removed from home.

SuziQ
09-26-2011, 09:49 AM
Kiirsi also said not verbatim: that JP was an obnoxious opinionated loudmouth that they started to avoid. The way JP portrays himself now is not how he really is.

ynotdivein
09-26-2011, 10:49 AM
Finally got to hear the show... and OMG.

:shocked2: :thud: :maddening: :banghead:

Thank you Ben and Kiirsi for your insights! What Susan and the boys must have suffered for years with these deeply disturbed men is just horrifying to contemplate.

waltzingmatilda
09-26-2011, 11:05 AM
JP definately has alot of secrets, it seems! He ,per Kiirsi, wouldn't let little C talk to the babysitter after Susan went missing and told her that she would no longer be needed to babysit. Also, the comment about one of the boys saying to the sitter (nana) that Mommy is bad' and when 'Nana' asked why he thought that, he replied because she goes to church.

Does anyone remember if it was stated in the interview that Josh alledgedly said this to his son? I can't recall.

Thank you Tricia and Kimster! The show was great! Also thanks to the WS posters who submitted intelligent questions and to the guests who provided such valuable insight into Susan's life with JP!

wm

ynotdivein
09-26-2011, 11:16 AM
36:57 is where the discussion of JP keeping the kids away from others/turning them against Susan begins. Not that someone heard JP say this to the children, but why would a child make something like that up?

SuziQ
09-26-2011, 11:57 AM
Oh and the part about JP getting a job as a computer programmer when he didn't know how to program computers. The night before a project would be due, he would show up at Kiirsi's house bugging her husband, who is a computer programmer, for programming codes so he could complete the job.

mysteriew
09-26-2011, 12:10 PM
There was mention of a loan that JP took out and his comment that he could always file for bankruptcy if he couldn't repay it.

Do we know if they ever came after him in a civil suit for repayment? Or were there any others? Or did he file for bankruptcy? Just how bad was the financial situation?

SuziQ
09-26-2011, 12:28 PM
There was mention of a loan that JP took out and his comment that he could always file for bankruptcy if he couldn't repay it.

Do we know if they ever came after him in a civil suit for repayment? Or were there any others? Or did he file for bankruptcy? Just how bad was the financial situation?

A 100K loan to be repaid in 24 months? Who could pay that?

I looked for a thread about the BK to direct you to. Couldn't find one, soooo...

Below is a post by Adnoid with links to the BK papers he obtained.
Adnoid requests that these papers not be passed around outside WS.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - UT -Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 - #2

mysteriew
09-26-2011, 12:40 PM
A 100K loan to be repaid in 24 months? Who could pay that?

I looked for a thread about the BK to direct you to. Couldn't find one, soooo...

Below is a post by Adnoid with links to the BK papers he obtained.
Adnoid requests that these papers not be passed around outside WS.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - UT -Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 - #2 (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4575238&postcount=535)

So the bankruptcy isn't a current issue. Still I would think there would have been a lot of financial issues for the HH since she was the only one working steady and he liked his toys.

HatesSociopaths
09-26-2011, 01:11 PM
This is Kiirsi's blog, discusses case a lot:

http://crosscountryadventures.wordpress.com/

SuziQ
09-26-2011, 01:22 PM
Last night show really drove home to me how much JP is like his dad. Seems the only person JP bows down to is his dad.

Kimster
09-26-2011, 01:36 PM
Last night show really drove home to me how much JP is like his dad. Seems the only person JP bows down to is his dad.

I wonder if he bows down or if he just thinks his dad's behavior is normal and so has no problem with it? Or, he may feel overpowered by SP and that explains his need to control Susan. I know one thing, he is classic sociopath. According the to expert we had on the radio show a couple of weeks ago, those behaviors appear to be inherited too. :banghead:

(But not everyone gets that gene, so don't panic if you have them in your family. :hug:)

ohiogirl
09-26-2011, 02:47 PM
Great show yesterday, Tricia and Kimster! Thanks.

Janeumayer
09-26-2011, 04:10 PM
This is Kiirsi's blog, discusses case a lot:

http://crosscountryadventures.wordpress.com/

Thank you for posting this link. Kiirsi seems to be a great person and friend to Susan. Susan is/was very lucky to have her in her life.

runsdeep
09-26-2011, 04:16 PM
I wonder if he bows down or if he just thinks his dad's behavior is normal and so has no problem with it? Or, he may feel overpowered by SP and that explains his need to control Susan. I know one thing, he is classic sociopath. According the to expert we had on the radio show a couple of weeks ago, those behaviors appear to be inherited too. :banghead:

(But not everyone gets that gene, so don't panic if you have them in your family. :hug:)

and they would pass the same mentality down to the little boys.

Kimster
09-26-2011, 04:26 PM
and they would pass the same mentality down to the little boys.

I pray the boys will have their mom's traits instead. :great:

diphi
09-26-2011, 04:55 PM
Just listened - good show. Kiirsi seemed very relaxed which is a good thing.

Thanlk, Tricia.

Openmyeyes
09-26-2011, 06:04 PM
Excellant show, everyone must, must, must listen to it!!!!

I want both the powell men behind bars.

LaLaw2000
09-27-2011, 11:43 PM
I've been having a lot of company and only got to listen to the show last night. GREAT show, as always, but this one was one of the very best!!!

Thank you!

Kimster
09-27-2011, 11:56 PM
I've been having a lot of company and only got to listen to the show last night. GREAT show, as always, but this one was one of the very best!!!

Thank you!

This show was definitely in my top three.

I think my fave show was the first one with AZLawyer. It was just so special cuz we didn't know WHAT to think! haha! We had a ton of listeners and callers on that show too! :grouphug:

But this one probably had my jaw dropping the most. And the sociopath one made me want to cry and scream all at the same time. I wish I would have known about sociopaths 20 years ago, ya know?

I have to say that I've enjoyed all of our shows, though. Tricia knows how to line up GREAT guests, IMO!!!