PDA

View Full Version : WV WV - Aliayah Lunsford, 3, Lewis Co., 24-Sep-2011 - #2

Pages : [1] 2 3

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
09-26-2011, 09:48 PM
Please continue here.

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s320x320/305100_280891291940257_280457695316950_1054717_110 6256172_n.jpg

3-year-old Aliayah Lunsford was last seen in her home at 6:30 am on Saturday, September 24. The search for her began at 11:30 am that day. Multiple searches have been done with no results.

Aliayah's ears are pierced and she is missing her top four front teeth. She was last seen wearing purple Dora pajama bottoms, a pink princess sweatshirt, and no shoes.

Thread #1 (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149878&page=28)

SinKittyVixen
09-26-2011, 09:50 PM
I keep checking to see if shes been found.. alot of info came out on NG that we hadnt heard about..My hinky meter has been going off since the beginning, but, Im praying its wrong.. Please be safe Aliayah!

daisy7
Yes it did.

If NG is the only one reporting something, I don't believe it for a minute. JMO.

lynnb
You have to wonder the circumstances of mom having to "borrow" gas. Was it a random person who stopped? or did she call someone and who?
Could you imagine a stranger pulling over and hearing this story?

sadnpod
09-26-2011, 09:51 PM
Those pictures are haunting me...

bessie
09-26-2011, 09:52 PM
Article just updated on CNN

Aliayah Lunsford's mother and 9-year-old sister told police they saw the girl around 6 a.m. Saturday in a bedroom in their home in Weston, West Virginia, located between Charleston and Morgantown. The mother said she returned about three hours later to see the girl -- who had been sick the night before -- and take her temperature, but Aliayah wasn't there, Lewis County Sheriff's Lt. David Parks said Monday.

By that time, the girl's stepfather had already been picked up and left for work. The mother got in her car and drove around looking for the child, at one point running out of gas, said Parks. She called police to report Aliayah missing around 11:30 a.m.
http://www.cnn.com/2011/09/26/justice/west-virginia-missing-child/

deelytful1
09-26-2011, 09:53 PM
You have to wonder the circumstances of mom having to "borrow" gas. Was it a random person who stopped? or did she call someone and who?
Could you imagine a stranger pulling over and hearing this story?

Would be funny if she stopped at the local "crack house" to borrow some gas JUST SAYIN'

Melanie
09-26-2011, 09:56 PM
If NG is the only one reporting something, I don't believe it for a minute. JMO.

Hi Daisy,

I watched NG tonight and felt it was a very good show. JVM and Marc Klaas reported on baby A's disappearance and did so in a very respectful way. I would encourage you to watch it and let us know if you feel otherwise. I think you will.

I think we have a bit of Haleigh Cummings (river/mobile home), and a bit of Caylee Marie (age, searching for hours (not days though).

I don't understand the mother searching for this 3 year old for 2 hours (and running out of gas no less) in a small town that others say you can drive through in about 5 minutes.

Lots of interesting elements.

Best,

Melanie

Dewey2Me1MoThyme
The only time myself or any of my siblings got in our parents bed was when we were sick. Mind you that was back in the 50s (can't remember now if it was the 1750s or the 1850s :crazy: ). I shared a room with my brother, Mom never put my brother in her room if I was sick. Two things I hate hearing in a missing person case is "the person was sick" or "we had a fight earlier in the evening". Both sound like a pre-cursor to an alibi.
I'd like to know what the mother did first when she saw the child was no longer in the bed. did she immediately go searching the town? If it were myself, I'd look in every room, under beds, then the immediate outside, not go for a tour of the town. Just saying...

lynnb

so now the 9 yr old is verifying she was there at 6 am. and she was safe?

JeannaT
I can see driving around. She's 36 weeks pregnant, with twins, isn't she? A three year old could be miles away at that time - after a brief search of the yard, I'd get the car too.

I don't think I'd wait two hours - maybe half hour. But she's been in trouble with the law a couple times, and as someone else pointed out, when you're a convicted criminal you don't jump at the chance to have cops come to your house.

It sounds like more info is getting out now, and it doesn't seem to me she appears more guilty.

1. Was the stepdad at work on time, in a usual routine?

2. My kids always wanted to sleep alone at that age when they were sick. Babies insisted on being held, but 3 year olds wanted to be left alone in a quiet place.

3. Siblings older than 7 or so would likely sleep past 9:30 on a Saturday.

4. It's very believable that she went in to "check on her" at 9:30. The earlier reporting that she went in to "wake her up" didn't make a lick of sense. You have a sick preschooler, you check on them, you don't intend to go get them out of bed.

I'm believing all of this.

bessie
09-26-2011, 10:05 PM
Also in the CNN article:

LE arrived by noon. One hundred volunteers plus federal, state and local LE on site by end of the first day
Bloodhounds detected Aliayah's scent near the river. One handler said she'd been there in the past 3-7 days.
Mom captured on surveillance video as she drove around town.
No sign of forced entry at the home.
"Just about every sex offender in the county" has been checked out.
Polygraphs have been administered, but LE not revealing who took them.
No POI's at this time. "Everyone is a suspect right now," according to Lewis County Sheriff's Lt. David Parks.

Dewey2Me1MoThyme
It would be interesting to know IF LE found the thermometer and where. That would either add some credibility to the mother's timeline or show otherwise. In a panic situation the mother wouldn't take time to put the thermometer back where she found it.

momtective
:welcome: Dewey2Me1MoThyme!
I'm so glad you've joined us here at WS...I'm so sorry it's under these circumstances.

peeples
JeannaT
I have 5 boys all born within 6 yrs and around age 3 they all still wanted to be held snuggled and wrapped up with me when sick. So it depends upon the child.

Dewey2Me1MoThyme
09-26-2011, 10:08 PM

:welcome: Dewey2Me1MoThyme!
I'm so glad you've joined us here at WS...I'm so sorry it's under these circumstances.

Thanks for the warm welcome. I wish there was no need for these forums, but since there is, and sadly always will be, I'm proud to be here helping in any way I can.

momtective
09-26-2011, 10:10 PM
Locals, where would the surveillance cameras have been located throughout the town?

cluciano63
09-26-2011, 10:11 PM
If she was driving around town, did she have reason to believe someone in particular had taken the child?

ynotdivein
09-26-2011, 10:13 PM
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=49+dennison+street+weston+wv&hl=en&ll=39.015316,-80.478072&spn=0.009937,0.022681&t=h&z=16&vpsrc=6

Where in this small town of very few streets would one drive 2+ hours until you ran out of gas? And if you did drive that far looking for your baby, where outside of town would you have gone?

sadnpod
09-26-2011, 10:18 PM
Nothing makes sense to me.

peeples
09-26-2011, 10:19 PM
He did note cadaver dogs are on the scene as part of the search for the girl.

http://www.centralwestvirginian.net/

Seems like they are covering all the bases at least in the search for her :(

Dr.Fessel
09-26-2011, 10:20 PM
It is all nonsense. You don't drive around for 2 hours looking for a 3yr old. Where were the other kids, what neighbors were approached and why didn't they call the police? Bet nobody knew until the cops were called.

I think everything we are hearing are bases for the excuses that are going to come out when the truth does. Temperature, no gas in car, child being loud and could not sleep.

Nore
09-26-2011, 10:20 PM
I wonder about the dogs. Were they live scent or Cadaver dogs?
A mother checks on sick child, waits 3 hours to return to check again?
I must have been overprotective. Even if temp was normal I wouldnt wait 3 hours..IMO
--------------------------------------
The investigation so far has included search teams diving in nearby waters, interviews with relatives and neighbors, and a door-to-door search. That's in addition to searches conducted by volunteers. A bloodhound did detect Aliayah's scent in the vicinity of a nearby river, with a dog handler saying the girl likely had been in the area in the last three to seven days.

cluciano63
09-26-2011, 10:23 PM
The whole car thing is the problem...unless you were tracking someone else in a car. You don't use a car to search for a toddler and especially not long enough and far enough to run out of gas. Do we know where she ran out of gas? This is all just so odd. I really thought she had toddled off and fell into the river on Saturday, but I think she would have been found by now, after three days of searching.

Kat
09-26-2011, 10:23 PM
Tell me if I have this correct please?

There is an adult male living in that home?

lynnb
09-26-2011, 10:26 PM

There magically appeared a stepdad tonight

bessie

Yes, Kat. A stepdad.

cluciano63

Ummm, yes, a stepdad.

Dr.Fessel

There is an adult male living in that home? Yes and he went to work at 6 30 am and mom went back to bed then and 9yr old daughter who was sleeping with Aliayah got in bed with mom.

deelytful1
09-26-2011, 10:29 PM
Again...driving around to do what? If my 3 year old was missing, I'm not going to drive a quarter mile to town to see if she perhaps was window shopping or decided to buy a Pepsi. If i didn't call 911 because of the fear of LE I'd be knocking on doors nearby hysterical to see if she was there or had been seen. This is ridiculous. I WOULD drive to find a good spot to dispose of the evidence. I'm sure LE knows its BS too and I hope they can break someone to tell the truth.
Good God this is so reminiscent of another case that didn't turn out well at all. Let's hope the guilty in THIS case gets jail time!!!

deelytful1
09-26-2011, 10:30 PM

Yes and he has a criminal record as well.. 'nuff said

bessie
09-26-2011, 10:31 PM
The whole car thing is the problem...unless you were tracking someone else in a car. You don't use a car to search for a toddler and especially not long enough and far enough to run out of gas. Do we know where she ran out of gas? This is all just so odd. I really thought she had toddled off and fell into the river on Saturday, but I think she would have been found by now, after three days of searching.
And certainly not before calling 911. I hate to jump the gun on blaming the parents when a child goes missing, but this latest detail is troublesome, to say the least.

peeples
09-26-2011, 10:32 PM
I wonder about the dogs. Were they live scent or Cadaver dogs?
A mother checks on sick child, waits 3 hours to return to check again?
I must have been overprotective. Even if temp was normal I wouldnt wait 3 hours..IMO

There has been tracking bloodhounds and cadaver dogs both

Kat
09-26-2011, 10:33 PM
:sigh: :(

Well...

This probably isn't going to end well then.

Thanks for letting me know. :(

momtective
09-26-2011, 10:36 PM
Again...driving around to do what? If my 3 year old was missing, I'm not going to drive a quarter mile to town to see if she perhaps was window shopping or decided to buy a Pepsi. If i didn't call 911 because of the fear of LE I'd be knocking on doors nearby hysterical to see if she was there or had been seen. This is ridiculous. I WOULD drive to find a good spot to dispose of the evidence. I'm sure LE knows its BS too and I hope they can break someone to tell the truth.
Good God this is so reminiscent of another case that didn't turn out well at all. Let's hope the guilty in THIS case gets jail time!!!

You said everything that was just going through my mind, right down to "surely there isn't a snowballs chance in h3ll LE is buying this BS."
What I want to know now is why the Feds haven't already been called in.

peeples
09-26-2011, 10:38 PM
Their home is small and very full i keep thinking it would be really hard for anything to have happened to her in the home and the other kids be in the dark about it......

But then i keep thinking maybe there was a reason the 9 yr old was brought to bed with mom instead of little aliayah...
Nothing makes sense

essies
09-26-2011, 10:38 PM
Lewis County Girl Missing
snup-
http://www.statejournal.com/story.cfm?func=viewstory&storyid=108621
"Christmas Day, when she was going to open up her presents, she always opens up the biggest ones first and the smallest ones for last. She was really, really proud of what she got for Christmas. I just want her back home," Wendy Swiger, Aliayah's aunt, said.

Her family says Aliayah would not wander off on her own, and family and acquaintances shared stories about a girl who loves cats and dogs, saying her smile could light up a room.

"She was a special little girl. She wouldn't go to no strangers. She was pretty close to the family, and we just want her home," Sherri Prunty, Aliayah's aunt, said.

Maybe it's nothing-but I don't like how the aunt is saying "was"!! I hope I'm wrong!!

peeples
09-26-2011, 10:39 PM
You said everything that was just going through my mind, right down to "surely there isn't a snowballs chance in h3ll LE is buying this BS."
What I want to know now is why the Feds haven't already been called in.

I read in an article that the FBI is there

cluciano63
Kind of OT, but I know lots of single moms with just one child who find it hard to meet a man...geez...

lynnb

I'm obviously stalking the wrong fb pages because I'm clueless

shefner
48 hours later....its time to call the big boys.

elepher50
09-26-2011, 10:41 PM
Utter nonsense this driving around for 2 hours looking for a sick baby who got out of the house somehow and was wandering around.

It is about 1/2 hour drive to Walkersville from Weston .... just sayin .... maybe LE should take a good look around Walkersville and area.

CarrieBean
09-26-2011, 10:42 PM
Kind of OT, but I know lots of single moms with just one child who find it hard to meet a man...geez...

Maybe because they have higher standards.

Dewey2Me1MoThyme
09-26-2011, 10:45 PM
A three year old who got sick the night before is not going to cover much ground on her own. As for driving til she ran out of gas, that could mean she didn't have much gas in the car to start with, no biggie there. Did she call the step dad during her "frantic search" or get out and knock on any doors, check local store owners to see if they had seen her?
The photos I find very troubling, not one of her smiling.

ynotdivein
09-26-2011, 10:46 PM
Frustrating as it may be, we cannot sleuth anyone involved involved in this situation who has not been named in MSM. This goes extra-triple-double for minors.

Please continue to post links to breaking stories about Aliayah.

Where this post falls is random.

deelytful1
09-26-2011, 10:47 PM
Lewis County Girl Missing
snup-
http://www.statejournal.com/story.cfm?func=viewstory&storyid=108621
"Christmas Day, when she was going to open up her presents, she always opens up the biggest ones first and the smallest ones for last. She was really, really proud of what she got for Christmas. I just want her back home," Wendy Swiger, Aliayah's aunt, said.

Her family says Aliayah would not wander off on her own, and family and acquaintances shared stories about a girl who loves cats and dogs, saying her smile could light up a room.

"She was a special little girl. She wouldn't go to no strangers. She was pretty close to the family, and we just want her home," Sherri Prunty, Aliayah's aunt, said.

Maybe it's nothing-but I don't like how the aunt is saying "was"!! I hope I'm wrong!!

This says FBI IS involved.. Thank God...

Isabelle
Where was the mom between 6:30 and 9am, at which time she discovered the child missing?

Someone needs to tell them we are not gonna fall for another Casey Anthony!

x_files
Those pictures are haunting me...

Why is she so sad? wow. :(

elepher50
09-26-2011, 10:48 PM
Their home is small and very full i keep thinking it would be really hard for anything to have happened to her in the home and the other kids be in the dark about it......

But then i keep thinking maybe there was a reason the 9 yr old was brought to bed with mom instead of little aliayah...
Nothing makes sense

Maybe little Aliayah wasn't there to crawl into bed with mom?

Isabelle
09-26-2011, 10:50 PM
Sick the night before, too much nyquil or benadryl?? This is a very fishy fishy case. Am sure LE don't buy any of it and they are just waiting to pounce.

peeples
Maybe little Aliayah wasn't there to crawl into bed with mom?

You think Aliayah was already gone at 6:30??

deelytful1

:floorlaugh:
"raising my hand"
What am I doing wrong? Wait , I know.. I won't let criminals around my son :(

Nore
09-26-2011, 10:52 PM

-----------------
Kat, yes. A stepfather. :fence:

deelytful1
09-26-2011, 10:52 PM

Nope.. I think whatever happened, happened at 6:30... criminology 101..

Dewey2Me1MoThyme
09-26-2011, 10:55 PM
It makes one wonder who or what actually woke up the 9 year old at 6:30 am and why they were whisked off to Mommy's room. I hate to point a finger at the parents at this time, but something smells and I know I didn't step in anything.

KaylynnCouture
09-26-2011, 10:56 PM
I'm still curious as to when the last time little Aliayah was seen by someone other than her mom or stepdad...

Isabelle
09-26-2011, 10:57 PM
It makes no sense at all that this mother drove around for 2 hours looking for a 2 year old! That was a wasted precious 2 hours. <modsnip>? Has she spoken or been interviewed in the media at all?

I understand she was spotted on video during her search. It could have been convenient that she knew where cameras were located. I am not buying this story at all.

liltexans
09-26-2011, 10:58 PM
Where is the bio dad?

Also, does anyone know if mom has a cell phone? If so, I would love to know if/where that phone was pinging during her 2 hour drive.

Dewey2Me1MoThyme
09-26-2011, 10:58 PM
I'm still curious as to when the last time little Aliayah was seen by someone other than her mom or stepdad...

The nine year old claims to have seen her at 6:30 am.

Nore
09-26-2011, 11:00 PM
Why is she so sad? wow. :(

-----------------
Yes! Her little eyes.:tears:

Isabelle
09-26-2011, 11:00 PM
Where is the bio dad?

Also, does anyone know if mom has a cell phone? If so, I would love to know if/where that phone was pinging during her 2 hour drive.

Heard on HLN that biodad does not know he is biodad. Never in child's life.

Cell phone?? Didn't hear anything about that.

CarrieBean
09-26-2011, 11:02 PM

If she did actually see her at 6:30, was she awake?

Dewey2Me1MoThyme
09-26-2011, 11:05 PM
If she did actually see her at 6:30, was she awake?

To the best of my knowledge they didn't say on NG, but I did miss some parts of it. (We have young neighbours with speakers :banghead: )

KaylynnCouture
09-26-2011, 11:05 PM

Thanks, I hadn't heard that. Has the 9 year old said what Aliayah was doing at 6:30am (sleeping, playing, etc)?

elepher50
09-26-2011, 11:07 PM

Sadly, yes I do think that. The more information that is coming out makes me believe each and every word that has been spoken less and less.

Would love to know the movements of the car prior to Mom driving around for 2 hours looking for her .... meaning was the car moved during the night.

Did Mom think there was more gas in the car than there actually was and that is why she ran out of gas?

liltexans
09-26-2011, 11:07 PM
Okay, so Aliayah's bio dad doesn't know he is her dad and is not in the picture. The stepdad may or may not be the father of the soon-to-be born twins and there are 4 other children (3 older and 1 younger than Aliayah).

Maybe some of the fathers of the other children are involved with their kids and spend time at the house. This child may be around any number of adult males on a regular basis.

Dewey2Me1MoThyme
09-26-2011, 11:08 PM
I don't want to state this as fact, so maybe someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they say on NG that the 9 year old went in mommy's room because she couldn't sleep because of the noise? What noise?

elepher50
09-26-2011, 11:09 PM

Me too ... actually by anybody other than the people who live in the house. The last independent sighting outside of family would be very nice to know.

elepher50
09-26-2011, 11:13 PM
Nope.. I think whatever happened, happened at 6:30... criminology 101..

Or at 3:30 ........ criminology 102 ....

Turtles
09-26-2011, 11:16 PM

Oh no, not placing blame however IMO this is not looking good for Aliayah.
Praying she is safe, my heart says otherwise.

lynnb
09-26-2011, 11:16 PM
I don't want to state this as fact, so maybe someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they say on NG that the 9 year old went in mommy's room because she couldn't sleep because of the noise? What noise?

I don't think they said because of the noise. IIRC they said so Aliayah could sleep later. or something like that

nerosleuth
09-26-2011, 11:18 PM
Has it been verified that the step dad was at work on the morning that Aliayah disappeared?

Cubby
09-26-2011, 11:19 PM
It makes one wonder who or what actually woke up the 9 year old at 6:30 am and why they were whisked off to Mommy's room. I hate to point a finger at the parents at this time, but something smells and I know I didn't step in anything.

Good point! I hadn't even thought of mom or step dad whisking the 9 yr old out of the room she shared with Aliayah.

Welcome to WS Dewey2Me1MoThyme! I didn't have a chance to welcome you before the last thread was closed.

:welcome:

deelytful1
09-26-2011, 11:22 PM
Where is the bio dad?

FB rumor has it that he is incarcerated...

KaylynnCouture
Welcome to WS Dewey2Me1MoThyme!! Your posts have been really helpful! Glad to have you here. :)

KaylynnCouture
Has it been verified that the step dad was at work on the morning that Aliayah disappeared?

Also, has it been stated what he does for a living?

deelytful1
09-26-2011, 11:23 PM

LOL true true

CarolinaMoon
09-26-2011, 11:24 PM
My hinky meter has been in the red zone for a while on this. You all have put out some excellent theories for me to mull over.

What I keep coming back to is that this woman has 3 "older" children, a sick and cranky 3-year old and an 8-month old who require a lot of attention. That's pretty fierce for a woman who is 8 months pregnant with twins.

Dewey2Me1MoThyme
09-26-2011, 11:25 PM
Thanks for the welcome Cubby. :great:

cluciano63
09-26-2011, 11:25 PM
Also, has it been stated what he does for a living?

On NG, they said it was verified that he was picked up for work, and was at work, at some sort of a golf resort.

Dewey2Me1MoThyme
09-26-2011, 11:28 PM
Welcome to WS Dewey2Me1MoThyme!! Your posts have been really helpful! Glad to have you here. :)

Thanks you, happy to be here with people whom I've admired for some time now. You guys (and gals of course) rock.

deelytful1
09-26-2011, 11:32 PM
You know what I was getting at right? Generally, the last time the perp says they saw the victim was the time they DID see the victim last which was when the crime occurred ...They weave truth into the lie because it helps them be more credible...
I wasn't trying to be snarky :(
I learned this in my criminology class (101) :)

elepher50
09-26-2011, 11:33 PM
My hinky meter has been in the red zone for a while on this. You all have put out some excellent theories for me to mull over.

What I keep coming back to is that this woman has 3 "older" children, a sick and cranky 3-year old and an 8-month old who require a lot of attention. That's pretty fierce for a woman who is 8 months pregnant with twins.

The stress in that house would not be anything that I would want to be contending with. Mom is rather young (28 years old) so that is a lot of stress to deal with for sure.

elepher50
09-26-2011, 11:38 PM
You know what I was getting at right? Generally, the last time the perp says they saw the victim was the time they DID see the victim last which was when the crime occurred ...They weave truth into the lie because it helps them be more credible...
I wasn't trying to be snarky :(
I learned this in my criminology class (101) :)

Just funning with ya on this rather sad and upsetting night. Lies woven with truths for sure. I think she may have been removed from the house at 6:30 which would have been the last time she was seen but I think the deed may have been done before the 6:30 mark.

Buterflytat
09-26-2011, 11:42 PM
This is truly sad. Definitely sounds similar to Haleigh Cummings disappearance and the mom sounded like Misty Croslin when she said " and she was gone". God knows that we are all praying for this little girl that she is safe; but as this unfolds it doesn't look like it will end in a good way.
I have never known a sick child that wanted to be outside when they were really sick; they usually want to sleep or lay down and watch tv until they drift off.
The driving around does raise the hinky meter.

KaylynnCouture
09-26-2011, 11:52 PM
Just making sure I'm understanding right...Aliayah's mom is 8 months pregnant with twins?

lynnb
09-26-2011, 11:56 PM
Just making sure I'm understanding right...Aliayah's mom is 8 months pregnant with twins?

yes she is

Buterflytat
09-26-2011, 11:56 PM

Yes. It has also been said she has an 8 month old. Five kids total and soon to be 7 children.

Cubby
09-26-2011, 11:59 PM
Finally caught up reading both threads.

Hinky meter flying on this one. NO one in this family willing to talk on camera. Two hours of driving around? Sounds like panic thinking driving rather than searching, imo.

My thought/theory after catching up on all the posts.

Accidental overdose and Aliayah really was sick?
If she is already gone, now I am wondering about the time line.

Speculation: Mom found her deceased when she went to check on her at 6:30am as she was getting up with step dad getting him ready for work. If she found her deceased at 6:30am and she was fine but sick Friday evening, why would step dad go about his day as usual - if they didn't know she was deceased earlier?

And the worst thought crept in my mind. I thought about an old case I vaguelly recall in which an older sister had a party and got her younger 10? or teenage brother drunk and made his friend who was sleeping over sleep in the bed with him, after he was deceased (alcohol poisoning), all night. God forbid, if the 9 yr old was put in that bedroom with Aliayah after mom and step dad knew she was gone, but told the kids she was sick and then whisked her out of that room before she could wake enough to realize what was happening - as a means of setting up an alibi.

Of course I am considering an unreported history of abuse.

ETA: and a cover up out of fear of losing her children.... I don't know how long she was incarcerated previously, but being away from her babies once, I can see a parent trying to prevent that from happening a second time.

Sadly, I don't believe this is going to turn out well. :(

DLynn
09-27-2011, 12:01 AM
I'm jumping in here with my thoughts...just musing here...
So the mom is only 28, has 5 kids and 2 more on the way. Wow.
In these tough economic times that is ALOT of kids to feed and care for.
Bio-dad is not around (possibly in prison?) and there is a step-dad in the picture.
Sounds like both the SD and mom also have records.

Sounds like a family at risk.

I don't think things are looking very good for this precious little girl.

If my 2 year old grandson were sick, he would be in bed with grandma. If he were missing I'd be screaming running down the street banging on doors.
This does not sound right at all.

Dewey2Me1MoThyme
09-27-2011, 12:05 AM
Finally caught up reading both threads.

Hinky meter flying on this one. NO one in this family willing to talk on camera. Two hours of driving around? Sounds like panic thinking driving rather than searching, imo.

My thought/theory after catching up on all the posts.

Accidental overdose and Aliayah really was sick?
If she is already gone, now I am wondering about the time line.

Speculation: Mom found her deceased when she went to check on her at 6:30am as she was getting up with step dad getting him ready for work. If she found her deceased at 6:30am and she was fine but sick Friday evening, why would step dad go about his day as usual - if they didn't know she was deceased earlier?

And the worst thought crept in my mind. I thought about an old case I vaguelly recall in which an older sister had a party and got her younger 10? or teenage brother drunk and made his friend who was sleeping over sleep in the bed with him, after he was deceased (alcohol poisoning), all night. God forbid, if the 9 yr old was put in that bedroom with Aliayah after mom and step dad knew she was gone, but told the kids she was sick and then whisked her out of that room before she could wake enough to realize what was happening - as a means of setting up an alibi.

Of course I am considering an unreported history of abuse.

ETA: and a cover up out of fear of losing her children.... I don't know how long she was incarcerated previously, but being away from her babies once, I can see a parent trying to prevent that from happening a second time.

Sadly, I don't believe this is going to turn out well. :(

Interesting theory, could also be in line with what you have stated, that step dad did not know. Mother whisks the 9y.o. off to her room after finding the child dead, gets hubby off to work then panic time, 2 hour drive with the deceased child in tow. Very plausible.

cluciano63
09-27-2011, 12:12 AM
I thought she had 4 children. A 7 yr old, 10 yr old, Aliayah 3, and the 8 month old and expecting twins in two weeks. Who did I miss?

There is a 9-yr old in there someplace...or a 5-yr old

DairyGirl
09-27-2011, 12:14 AM
Yes. It has also been said she has an 8 month old. Five kids total and soon to be 7 children.

Did she conceive the twins in the hospital after the birth? That is really fast.

lynnb
09-27-2011, 12:25 AM
hope I explain this right....
Is stepdad an actual stepdad or just mommys boyfriend who lives there and says call me daddy?
Mom's last name is Lunsford, Aliayah's last name is Lunsford. If stepdaddy had the same last name then Aliayah would have a different last name since he's not her biodad. Wait....maybe not...biodad doesn't know she exists.
I'm sooo confused

grandmaj
09-27-2011, 12:27 AM
My question is this. Have Police verified the time line? I'm not sure what to think when the first we heard of a step dad is tonight.

AmandaReckonwith
09-27-2011, 12:29 AM
Case archive album:

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Aliayah%20Lunsford%20%20-WV-/

lynnb
09-27-2011, 12:29 AM
for you nightowls that missed the Nancy Grace show earlier....it should be replaying on HLN in 30 minutes

grandmaj
09-27-2011, 12:30 AM
This is starting to feel like the Robert Manwell Case Sadly.

ashmoulder
09-27-2011, 01:12 AM
Hi All,

Just joining so not sure if this has been mentioned or if it is even relevant but has anyone thought that its odd for a three year old to be missing FOUR of her TOP teeth?? That seems quite young to be having teeth already falling out naturally! Let alone the fact that it is odd too lose all four top teeth at once anyway?

Who knows maybe I am wrong.. just trying to think back when I first starting loosing teeth and I don't think it was that young!!

Nonnie
09-27-2011, 01:13 AM
Drove around town for two hours before finally calling LE for help???? What??
I will always be of the impression that what a mom/parent does /or doesn't do after
(discovering) a child is missing is extremely important!

revampz
09-27-2011, 01:30 AM
Hi All,

Just joining so not sure if this has been mentioned or if it is even relevant but has anyone thought that its odd for a three year old to be missing FOUR of her TOP teeth?? That seems quite young to be having teeth already falling out naturally! Let alone the fact that it is odd too lose all four top teeth at once anyway?

Who knows maybe I am wrong.. just trying to think back when I first starting loosing teeth and I don't think it was that young!!

thanks ashmoulder I was thinking the exact same thing but thought maybe it was possible. My children are 6 and 7 and 6 year old hasnt lost any and 7 year old has lost a couple. 3 is not normal I am sure.

Isnt it sad that after being on here a couple of years, you can just about stereotype these ladies and cases like this one. Mum having heaps of kids to different dads and not looking after them properly. It is not just the USA either, happens a lot here. It has been made worse since the government here now gives a couple of thousand dollars per child......major baby boom, they had to change it though to give the money out over a period of time as it was being spent on drugs, alcohol, pokie machines, plasma tvs and one I know of after having her 5th child......hair extensions!!!

FLmom777
09-27-2011, 01:35 AM
Hi All,

They usually start losing teeth aroumd age 5 or 6. Look at pictures of 1st grade classes, lots of missing teeth in those pictures.
It is odd to lose all 4 at the same time. Another consideration is children that needed a lot of antibiotics as an infant often have dental problems.

sherbetjello
09-27-2011, 01:47 AM
... has anyone thought that its odd for a three year old to be missing FOUR of her TOP teeth??

My child broke teeth at 3-months old, lost two top and and bottom teeth at 3.

My child isn't even 10 and has all adult teeth.

It's not odd in my household.

Isabelle
09-27-2011, 01:53 AM
Something's just not right here. Poor beautiful angel of a baby!

mrsu
09-27-2011, 02:09 AM
Just read both threads. Oh, no! Not again. :(

Where is everyone seeing the pics?

peace9274
09-27-2011, 02:22 AM
Just read both threads. Oh, no! Not again. :(

Where is everyone seeing the pics?

Go back to page 4 on this thread and see AmandaReckonWith's link.

There are several photos there of Baby Aliayah, Lena (her mother) and the grandmother... and lots of photos of the searches.

peace9274
09-27-2011, 02:25 AM
Case archive album:

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Aliayah%20Lunsford%20%20-WV-/

Here's the link (above) with thanx to AmandaReckonWith

Salem
09-27-2011, 02:32 AM
STOP sleuthing the minor children! Stop now. We don't sleuth minors. Only the victim. We don't post information relating to other minors and we don't discuss their social networking pages.

This is really important guys. We need to do our best to protect the other children in this household from being plastered all over the internet. They didn't do anything and posting comments about them now will haunt them in 10 years.

Please do not sleuth or post about the other minor children. It is a TOS violation.

Thanks,

Salem

peace9274
09-27-2011, 02:55 AM
STOP sleuthing the minor children! Thanks,

Salem

Thanks for the reminder.
I'm one of the guilty ones and I really knew better. :doh:

It's no excuse, but it's late and I just wasn't thinking when I posted.

My apologies to Salem & all the others here.

:iamashamed:

JeannieC
09-27-2011, 03:20 AM
STOP sleuthing the minor children! Stop now. We don't sleuth minors. Only the victim. We don't post information relating to other minors and we don't discuss their social networking pages.

This is really important guys. We need to do our best to protect the other children in this household from being plastered all over the internet. They didn't do anything and posting comments about them now will haunt them in 10 years.

Please do not sleuth or post about the other minor children. It is a TOS violation.

Thanks,

Salem

I'm sorry. I know better. I won't do it again.

Melanie
09-27-2011, 03:21 AM
Interesting theory, could also be in line with what you have stated, that step dad did not know. Mother whisks the 9y.o. off to her room after finding the child dead, gets hubby off to work then panic time, 2 hour drive with the deceased child in tow. Very plausible.

That's where I'm going in this case too -- excellent scenario. After all, why is mommy driving around town for 2 hours, in what should be a 5 minute drive? Did she think baby A was at Denny's having a Grand Slam breakfast? Sick, barefoot toddlers tend to be quite slow in my experience. I can't see baby A bounding down a road into town.

IMHO, this precious child died during the night and the mother placed her in the river after step-dad went to work and the 9 year old fell back to sleep in her bed. Then she got in her car and drove around for several hours to provide for an alibi.

I'd like to hear a couple of witnesses come forward to say that the mother even asked them (or anyone) "have you seen a little 3 year old girl"?

Just my opinion - thanks.

Mel

JeannieC
09-27-2011, 03:23 AM
Is there any information on future searches? I've wondered if she did fall into the river if it flows fast enough to have taken her a good distance upstream. There was someone on the Katelyn Markham thread that was really good at this. Wish I could remember who it was and get her to come over here.

If anyone knows please invite her.

Melanie
09-27-2011, 03:34 AM
Is there any information on future searches? I've wondered if she did fall into the river if it flows fast enough to have taken her a good distance upstream. There was someone on the Katelyn Markham thread that was really good at this. Wish I could remember who it was and get her to come over here.

If anyone knows please invite her.

Right now I'm placing all my bets on baby A being placed in the river or elsewhere during the 2 hour window (where mum was driving around). I don't have info on future searches, but I'm sure it will start again tomorrow -- with the focus being on the river.

MOO

Mel

Dewey2Me1MoThyme
09-27-2011, 03:39 AM
That's where I'm going in this case too -- excellent scenario. After all, why is mommy driving around town for 2 hours, in what should be a 5 minute drive? Did she think baby A was at Denny's having a Grand Slam breakfast? Sick, barefoot toddlers tend to be quite slow in my experience. I can't see baby A bounding down a road into town.

IMHO, this precious child died during the night and the mother placed her in the river after step-dad went to work and the 9 year old fell back to sleep in her bed. Then she got in her car and drove around for several hours to provide for an alibi.

I'd like to hear a couple of witnesses come forward to say that the mother even asked them (or anyone) "have you seen a little 3 year old girl"?

Just my opinion - thanks.

Mel

After watching the mother on a news release, I have to say she genuinely looked like she had been crying her heart out. I pray she didn't accidently over-dose the child because of her being ill, and then made matters worse by hiding the body. On the other hand, children have been know to hide in strange and dangerous places, inside dryers, freezers, closets with no ventilation. I wonder how thoroughly the house was searched before the focus turned to outside the home.

Lera213
09-27-2011, 03:40 AM
Well a few things here that I can think of so pardon me while I think out loud.

If I was a mom and I thought someone took my child from my house, I might be frantic and not thinking straight and head out on the roads looking for any car that might have a child.

Maybe since the child was sick she was crying a lot, mom put her in the car and turned on the car, she died carbon monoxide and she used the story of driving around to explain why no gas, and maybe if the engine was still hot. She could have taken her out of county far away to dispose of body.

JeannieC
09-27-2011, 03:49 AM
I hope they are searching everywhere around the area. Not just the river. I hope by now LE has searched the house and the vehicle too. No stone unturned. moo

Gardenlady
09-27-2011, 05:20 AM
Like Dewey2, I also thought that the mother looked extremely distraught, and like she had been crying for days.

I wonder if the reason she got in the car to look is because she's pregnant. I know that at 8 months, with all four of my kids, walking any kind of longer distance was VERY difficult because of the pressure (women who have given birth will know what I mean!). And she is pregnant with twins, which means she is carrying more baby than I was, more weight and pressure. Hard to walk any distance, and hard to go fast. Maybe she thought she could cover more ground, more easily, in the car?

Just thinking aloud. Hope this little one is found soon, but with the time gone it's not looking good. :(

BrownRice
09-27-2011, 05:41 AM
Hi All,

yeah, this has to be from either an accident or the teeth rotting. One of my kids is almost 6 and has lost 5 teeth so far. Compared to his friends, this is very early (they haven't lost any yet). When he was in pre-k, he had a school mate who had all front teeth capped and it was from cavities.

JeannieC
09-27-2011, 06:23 AM
Praying for Aliayah and her family! Concerned about her mother and the pregnancy. Please, please find Aliayah alive and well!

~n/t~
09-27-2011, 06:42 AM
Like Dewey2, I also thought that the mother looked extremely distraught, and like she had been crying for days.

I wonder if the reason she got in the car to look is because she's pregnant. I know that at 8 months, with all four of my kids, walking any kind of longer distance was VERY difficult because of the pressure (women who have given birth will know what I mean!). And she is pregnant with twins, which means she is carrying more baby than I was, more weight and pressure. Hard to walk any distance, and hard to go fast. Maybe she thought she could cover more ground, more easily, in the car?

Just thinking aloud. Hope this little one is found soon, but with the time gone it's not looking good. :(

For 2 hours? Makes no sense to me. I'm also hoping for a happy outcome for this cutie pie but .........:(

Gardenlady
09-27-2011, 07:02 AM
For 2 hours? Makes no sense to me. I'm also hoping for a happy outcome for this cutie pie but .........:(

Yah, two hours is a long time without a call. :( . But if she was without a cell phone, and maybe in such a frantic state of mind (like another poster mentioned, about time passing quickly, without noticing, when looking for her child),maybe she didn't notice the time passing?

Just trying to reconcile what looked like her truly distraught appearance with the explanations that DO seem "off". :confused:

elepher50
09-27-2011, 07:31 AM
Before knowing the child was missing the mother saw the stepfather picked up by a friend to go to work at Stonewall Jackson Resort.

When the mother found out the girl was missing she drove around looking for her until she ran out of the gas and had to borrow some.

The surveillance cameras from businesses obtained by officials show she was driving around at that time.

“Right now there are no clues leading us anywhere,“ said Sgt. Mike Posey of the Lewis County Sheriff’s Department. “No clues.“

http://www.gilmerfreepress.com/

JeannieC
09-27-2011, 07:32 AM
I hope today is a better day for the searchers. I wonder if she drove to where her husband worked? Just saying...............

JeannieC
09-27-2011, 07:40 AM
I don't think this has been posted. I apologize if it has.

K-9s, volunteers, police search in West Virginia for 3-year-old girl
By the CNN Wire Staff
updated 10:07 PM EST, Mon September 26, 2011

CNN) -- K-9 dogs and hundreds of volunteers have joined authorities in West Virginia to look for a missing 3-year-old girl, but a sheriff's department lieutenant said in the two days since she was last seen that "we haven't come up with anything."

Aliayah Lunsford's mother and 9-year-old sister told police they saw the girl around 6 a.m. Saturday in a bedroom in their home in Weston, West Virginia, located between Charleston and Morgantown. The mother said she returned about three hours later to see the girl -- who had been sick the night before -- and take her temperature, but Aliayah wasn't there, Lewis County Sheriff's Lt. David Parks said Monday.

By that time, the girl's stepfather had already been picked up and left for work. The mother got in her car and drove around looking for the child, at one point running out of gas, said Parks. She called police to report Aliayah missing around 11:30 a.m

wenc
09-27-2011, 07:45 AM
Someone said they went to Krogers to get gas. It is on Hwy 33. You can't get through downtown right now due to road construction. The first road that cuts all the way through from Skin Creek Road is Glady Fork Road. If you turn to the left off Skin Creek, it goes all the way through. If you turn to the right it goes beside the lake to a fishing spot and dead ends.
Another thing, I cannot see where anyone can enter this neighborhood and not be noticed. There are a lot of dogs there and they do bark at people they do not know. Everyone looks out when their dogs bark. People sit on their porches and drink their coffee and chat. The weather has been nice, especially in the mornings. I walk my dog through this neighborhood and have never been through there without seeing someone or talking to someone. When I lived there, I walked through without the dog and still was noticed.
A lot of the women around here try to keep it quiet about who they are living with. They get more food stamps/assistance by not reporting them and their income.

JeannieC
09-27-2011, 07:50 AM
LE has done a door to door search, talked to all RSO and verified their locations at the time she disappeared, and have done lie detectors. They are doing a lot and not wasting time doing it! imo

keeponsearching
09-27-2011, 07:52 AM
yikes. I thought about this missing girl last night. Thinking it was possible she wandered away. But if she was sick, I doubt she would go anywhere. The missing teeth, a friend of mines 2 year knocked out one tooth. She might of had some type of accident where they broke. I would panick and freak out beyond belief if my child is missing. Sometimes even in my own home, if I can not spot my child I start to panic, and realize she is in the bathroom. There is no way getting out of my house, locks are too tough, and with my new dog, no one will be getting in, ever. I really hope this child is found.

wenc
09-27-2011, 07:56 AM
We also thought it was strange that the family was not helping in the search. It made me feel like they knew where she was or something. One of the neighbors told me that they heard that she was not allowed by LE to search, so that very well could be the reason too. I could see where that could be distracting to the searchers.
What worries me, there are a lot of remote areas around the lake. But, hunting season is coming up and those areas get a lot of traffic then. Hopefully we won't have to wait that long for her to be found.

JeannieC
09-27-2011, 07:57 AM
yikes. I thought about this missing girl last night. Thinking it was possible she wandered away. But if she was sick, I doubt she would go anywhere. The missing teeth, a friend of mines 2 year knocked out one tooth. She might of had some type of accident where they broke. I would panick and freak out beyond belief if my child is missing. Sometimes even in my own home, if I can not spot my child I start to panic, and realize she is in the bathroom. There is no way getting out of my house, locks are too tough, and with my new dog, no one will be getting in, ever. I really hope this child is found.

I know what you mean about looking for your child. We can't be too careful! They said the front door didn't close well and the screen door didn't have a handle on it. Not good!

She could easily have gone out and someone could easily have come in. Especially if mom was exhausted from being up all night with her, not to mention being 8 months pregnant.

Patty G
09-27-2011, 08:01 AM
There is something really off with story. I do NOT believe Aliayah walked out of the house on her own. Young children, when they are sick and wake up, normally crawl up on the sofa to lay down, or go to mommy to snuggle etc. The driving around for 2 hours really concerns me.

terracotta
09-27-2011, 08:01 AM
Maybe there should be searches around the Jackson Stonewall resort where the stepdad works...

elepher50
09-27-2011, 08:02 AM
Someone said they went to Krogers to get gas. It is on Hwy 33. You can't get through downtown right now due to road construction. The first road that cuts all the way through from Skin Creek Road is Glady Fork Road. If you turn to the left off Skin Creek, it goes all the way through. If you turn to the right it goes beside the lake to a fishing spot and dead ends.
Another thing, I cannot see where anyone can enter this neighborhood and not be noticed. There are a lot of dogs there and they do bark at people they do not know. Everyone looks out when their dogs bark. People sit on their porches and drink their coffee and chat. The weather has been nice, especially in the mornings. I walk my dog through this neighborhood and have never been through there without seeing someone or talking to someone. When I lived there, I walked through without the dog and still was noticed.
A lot of the women around here try to keep it quiet about who they are living with. They get more food stamps/assistance by not reporting them and their income.

Thanks Wenc, were you to the search staging area yesterday or is the Church still the staging area? If so what is the mood of the searchers - upbeat/discouraged. What about police presence and FBI - are they headquartering at a command post? Are the police/FBI very visible.

Thanks for all your insight into the local community.

JeannieC
09-27-2011, 08:03 AM
There is something really off with story. I do NOT believe Aliayah walked out of the house on her own. Young children, when they are sick and wake up, normally crawl up on the sofa to lay down, or go to mommy to snuggle etc. The driving around for 2 hours really concerns me.

I'm not sure she actually drove around for 2 hours. She ran out of gas and had to borrow some according to one article.

momtective
09-27-2011, 08:03 AM
Video
09/26/2011: Over 1000 Volunteers Search For Missing Toddler - Where is Aliayah Lunsford? - YouTube

Cubby
09-27-2011, 08:06 AM
another thought, as I was almost sleep posting last night...

At 8 mo pregnant mom might be pretty exhausted, especially with a 9 mo old, in addition to the other kids.

I immediately wondered about an accidental overdose. Possibly by accidently giving Aliayah the wrong medicine, or forgetting she had given her a dose and gave her another dose.

Sick 3 year olds are whiny until their symptoms are relieved, wanting attention and to be cuddled until they fall asleep. Still, I can't imagine waiting 3 hours between checks on my child if he had a fever. Even if she was busy doing other things, this is not a 'hummer home' with 5000 sq ft or better. This is a small home in which it would have been easy to check in on Aliayah while she was going about her morning and getting whatever the other children needed.

I'm on the fence over whether or not Aliayah was really sick. A 3 year old is at the age they aren't always easy to get to bed. They can tend to get out of bed several times before finally staying in bed and falling asleep. I'm wondering if she came up with the story about being sick to explain how Aliayah might have meds in her system if/when found.

Praying answers are found today, and this child is found today.

Patty G
09-27-2011, 08:10 AM
I'm not sure she actually drove around for 2 hours. She ran out of gas and had to borrow some according to one article.

FWIW, I am only going on what I heard on Nancy's show last night. I am late coming into this missing child.

elepher50
09-27-2011, 08:13 AM
Video
09/26/2011: Over 1000 Volunteers Search For Missing Toddler - Where is Aliayah Lunsford? - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkugG4_bZ8w)

Aw what a cutie pie she is ... little Aliayah. Would love to wrap a little blankie around her, sit with her in the big ole rocker, tell her she is beautiful, read her a nice story, play peek a boo, put on some silly cartoons and not have a care in the world. Giggle at silly things, laugh outloud at cartoon antics and just generally have a smiling, silly, goofy day. Aliayah where are you child?

deelytful1
09-27-2011, 08:20 AM
I keep thinking about something and I can't shake it so I'll just say it... Considering the economic situation of the family plus the economic situation in that entire area ... I wonder if Aliayah was sold?
Not for horrible reasons, but to a family desperate for a child.
After I wrote it .. kinda seems ridiculous and deviant BUT it happens :(
Considering what probably happened, this would be a GOOD thing...

deelytful1
09-27-2011, 08:20 AM
Aw what a cutie pie she is ... little Aliayah. Would love to wrap a little blankie around her, sit with her in the big ole rocker, tell her she is beautiful, read her a nice story, play peek a boo, put on some silly cartoons and not have a care in the world. Giggle at silly things, laugh outloud at cartoon antics and just generally have a smiling, silly, goofy day. Aliayah where are you child?

U made me cry
:(

terracotta
09-27-2011, 08:23 AM

You are so sweet. Thank you for that image.

wenc
09-27-2011, 08:23 AM
I couldn't go search yesterday, but some of the next door neighbors went. There were a lot less people searching, as everyone has to work. They are still using the church as the command center. I did go to the bus stop in front of the armory and spoke to a couple of neighbors, which is where I heard that they wouldn't let mom search. They also said they couldn't see where someone can come into the neighborhood or the child wander out of it without being noticed. Everyone thinks she is not in the area, but keep searching just in case. The only thing anyone has said about the investigation is they think the bloodhounds should have been called in from the start and not hours later. The timeline is what has everyone puzzled here too.

JeannieC
09-27-2011, 08:25 AM
She is a shy child. I don't believe she walked out the door. I believe she has been abducted or worse.

I hope and pray she is still alive.

Kat
09-27-2011, 08:28 AM
Just speculation:

I sat and thought about it. I can't remember ever reading or hearing of a case where a child had been given an overdose of meds (meds for kids) and the parent(s) who found the child unresponsive or deceased hid the child's body.

I can think of a few that where the child found an illegal drug and ingested it and the parents tried to hide that fact (I'd have to do a google search but I do remember reading that). Usually the child is hidden to cover illegal activities going on in the home. JMHO.

I don't see that as the case here. At least not by what has been reported. So I won't even go there with that.

Is it possible that she got out of the house on her own? Sure. Is it probable that she did and can't be located with all the searching going on? It's getting less probable every hour.

Not pointing the finger at anyone. I hope she is found soon and safe.

OT:
You know what chaps my hide? Let's assume that she didn't go missing of her own volition. If she can't be located then she will join the very large number of missing children that we have listed on this site that simply "vanished" off the face of the earth and the last people known to have been with her or to have seen her get to just carry on as if nothing happened if they keep their mouths shut long enough.

Not saying that's what happened here just blowing off some steam. Bless her heart. I hope she's found soon.

sadnpod
09-27-2011, 08:29 AM
I was so hoping to hear good news this morning. UGH. Sweet child.. where are you????

CN2Souls
09-27-2011, 08:30 AM
Can anyone point me to where there maybe a picture of her room or the layout of the inside of the home... if there is any...

TY in advance...:hug:

wenc
09-27-2011, 08:30 AM
You are not the first one to think of her being sold, just not for economic reasons and keep in mind this is hearsay, I do not know them myself, but the family's reputation is not good.

deelytful1
09-27-2011, 08:32 AM
OT:
You know what chaps my hide? Let's assume that she didn't go missing of her own volition. If she can't be located then she will join the very large number of missing children that we have listed on this site that simply "vanished" off the face of the earth and the last people known to have been with her or to have seen her get to just carry on as if nothing happened if they keep their mouths shut long enough.

respectfully snipped
I swear, I never believed in aliens but after joining WS and seeing how many people just {poof} disappear... sometimes I wonder.
:ufo:

deelytful1
09-27-2011, 08:33 AM
Can anyone point me to where there maybe a picture of her room or the layout of the inside of the home... if there is any...

There's barely any pics of Aliayah.. nevermind her room! :(

JeannieC
09-27-2011, 08:37 AM
I keep thinking about something and I can't shake it so I'll just say it... Considering the economic situation of the family plus the economic situation in that entire area ... I wonder if Aliayah was sold?
Not for horrible reasons, but to a family desperate for a child.
After I wrote it .. kinda seems ridiculous and deviant BUT it happens :(
Considering what probably happened, this would be a GOOD thing...

You're right. It does happen. I wonder when was the last time anyone outside of the family saw her. If my child were missing the first place I would go is to the neighbors. Have you seen her, did you see anyone, and to the river.

I don't know how far she drove or what is located near to them and she is 8 months pregnant with twins and an 11 month old baby so driving would be better in her condition and maybe she did go to the neighbors first. I don't know.

I just hope and pray they find her soon!

CN2Souls
09-27-2011, 08:37 AM
There's barely any pics of Aliayah.. never-mind her room! :(

Thought maybe NG did a walk through like she did in the Haleigh Cummings case.

terracotta
09-27-2011, 08:41 AM
IMO I believe that the children just don't vanish without a trace. I believe in many of these instances (Caylee, Josh in TX, Aliayah) the family has had some run ins with LE and would be scared to turn to them when an accident happens. I believe the over the counter drugs like cold medicine etc are given as well as others to calm or quiet the child...and then the child OD's. The parents are scared about being responsible for giving the drugs to the kids and therefore hide the child's body.

deelytful1
09-27-2011, 08:43 AM
Thought maybe NG did a walk through like she did in the Haleigh Cummings case.

I wish she had, but no one from the family even talked on the show. it was all previously taped clips from the local news...

JeannieC
09-27-2011, 08:44 AM

:spinner::truce::waitasec: :floorlaugh:

Buterflytat
09-27-2011, 08:46 AM
Did she conceive the twins in the hospital after the birth? That is really fast.

I don't know. My Step-father used to tease my Mom about the same thing (getting pregnant at the hospital; because my older brother and sister are 9 monts apart- so it is possible) I don't know how people can have so many children so close together. I have two boys and they are 12 years apart.

momtective
09-27-2011, 08:49 AM

Here are pics of the outside of the home. I'm trying to get an exact address so we can look on the tax appraisers site and maybe get a layout of the home.

http://i749.photobucket.com/albums/xx132/The_Missing/Aliayah/A2.jpg

http://i749.photobucket.com/albums/xx132/The_Missing/Aliayah/A1.jpg

CN2Souls
09-27-2011, 08:52 AM
Here are pics of the outside of the home. I'm trying to get an exact address so we can look on the tax appraisers site and maybe get a layout of the home.

http://i749.photobucket.com/albums/xx132/The_Missing/Aliayah/A2.jpg

http://i749.photobucket.com/albums/xx132/The_Missing/Aliayah/A1.jpg

Your Awesome momtective!! This helps, I knew one of our super Sleuthers had some picture of the house... and tax appraisers site is a great thought...
:hug:...

suzyq211
09-27-2011, 08:53 AM
Case archive album:

AmandaReckonWith...as always thanks for the album!

Disturbing, along with everything else...not ONE picture of Aliayah smiling?

deelytful1
09-27-2011, 08:54 AM
http://www.newser.com/story/8444/fda-may-ban-cold-medicines-for-young-children.html

I had to research this myself because I'm not sold on the overdose of cold medication theory.. BUT since this report, alot of these medications have been removed from the shelves:
http://www.webmd.com/cold-and-flu/news/20101122/accidental-overdose-of-cold-drugs-kids-declines

So, if it was an overdose, I think it was intentional (meaning someone just wanted to over medicate Aliayah so she would stop crying, go to sleep)

Lastly to address a comment about people not calling the police when a child is over medicated and dies because the parent is afraid of getting in trouble.. in this day and age, an ambulance chasing lawyer would jump all over that situation and the family might end up with a SETTLEMENT not jail time but then again they might not be thinking this way.

JeannieC
09-27-2011, 08:55 AM
A few years ago a 3 year old girl disappeared from her home, a trailer in SC. Searchers were everywhere. RSO's were questioned, LE went door to door. Not a sign of her. 3 months later they found a grave not far from the trailer.

A neighbor was a sex offender but not registered in SC. He was staying with his mother. He actually had the child in her trailer for 3 days without her knowing it. He drugged the child and did what he wanted then he killed her and buried her behind the parents trailer.

Sounds unreal but it wasn't. LE had spoken to him and his mother more than once!

I hope they keep looking at the neighbors. Someone might have gotten in the home and taken her. If a person can go in a trailer and get a child then it can happen here too!

moo

deelytful1
09-27-2011, 09:00 AM
A few years ago a 3 year old girl disappeared from her home, a trailer in SC. Searchers were everywhere. RSO's were questioned, LE went door to door. Not a sign of her. 3 months later they found a grave not far from the trailer.

A neighbor was a sex offender but not registered in SC. He was staying with his mother. He actually had the child in her trailer for 3 days without her knowing it. He drugged the child and did what he wanted then he killed her and buried her behind the parents trailer.

Sounds unreal but it wasn't. LE had spoken to him and his mother more than once!

I hope they keep looking at the neighbors. Someone might have gotten in the home and taken her. If a person can go in a trailer and get a child then it can happen here too!

moo

WOW thanks Jeannie.. I'd never heard of this one :( Did they not find signs of a break in, like this case?

sdevyl
09-27-2011, 09:04 AM
i think i know of the case that you are mentioning..it was here in Florida..the little girls name ironically was Jessica Lunsford....

momtective
09-27-2011, 09:04 AM
Does anyone know the name of the street the house is on? I found an address on Walnut Street, is that it?

wenc
09-27-2011, 09:06 AM
49 Dennison Street, Weston, WV 26452

JeannieC
09-27-2011, 09:07 AM
WOW thanks Jeannie.. I'd never heard of this one :( Did they not find signs of a break in, like this case?

No. He went straight in the door. It was an old trailer and those doors don't always close good. That's what LE said about the door at this house too. That was what made me think about it.

I just have a really bad feeling about this.

terracotta
09-27-2011, 09:09 AM
http://www.newser.com/story/8444/fda-may-ban-cold-medicines-for-young-children.html

I had to research this myself because I'm not sold on the overdose of cold medication theory.. BUT since this report, alot of these medications have been removed from the shelves:
http://www.webmd.com/cold-and-flu/news/20101122/accidental-overdose-of-cold-drugs-kids-declines

So, if it was an overdose, I think it was intentional (meaning someone just wanted to over medicate Aliayah so she would stop crying, go to sleep)

Lastly to address a comment about people not calling the police when a child is over medicated and dies because the parent is afraid of getting in trouble.. in this day and age, an ambulance chasing lawyer would jump all over that situation and the family might end up with a SETTLEMENT not jail time but then again they might not be thinking this way.

It seems like many people take over the counter medicines really casually and therefore may not hesitate to give their kids it. Just silly because it really doesn't help the actual cold.
Are cough and cold medicines a problem for children older than age 2?

FDA experts are studying the safety of cough and cold medicines for children older than age 2. In the meantime, remember that cough and cold medicines won't make a cold go away any sooner and side effects are still possible. If you give cough or cold medicines to an older child, carefully follow the label directions. Don't give your child two medicines with the same active ingredient, such as an antihistamine, decongestant or pain reliever. Too much of a single ingredient could lead to an accidental overdose.

That is from the Mayo clinic site.

Also if people have been arrested or incarcerated I can imagine that they don't have complete trust in LE. I believe that they wouldn't want to be scrutinized again, even if they were innocent. They also probably don't have the money to higher a good lawyer and would have to go through a public defender. Of course that is just a simple overview, of course everyone doesn't thing that way...just a slice of what some people may think.

Sarahlou
09-27-2011, 09:10 AM
i think i know of the case that you are mentioning..it was here in Florida..the little girls name ironically was Jessica Lunsford....

It sounds the same but Jessica wasn't three years old.

sdevyl
09-27-2011, 09:14 AM
it was Jessica Lunsford..she lived with her father and grandparents and the child molestor was staying with family like across the street from her home i think it was and he had to have been watching her becuase her father left for the night to stay at his girlfriends so she was with her grandparents and the sicko just went in and took her right out of her bed..and yes kept her there for days..police even knocked on their door and never knew thats where she was...i have also thought maybe if Aliayahs parents home didnt have good locks its possible she got out on her own..i hope they find her..alive..no she wasnt three years old ..the case you are talking about is so similar but not the one i thought it was..its sad that it happens so much that alot of cases are alike that way.

Cubby
09-27-2011, 09:14 AM
Just speculation:

I sat and thought about it. I can't remember ever reading or hearing of a case where a child had been given an overdose of meds (meds for kids) and the parent(s) who found the child unresponsive or deceased hid the child's body.

I can think of a few that where the child found an illegal drug and ingested it and the parents tried to hide that fact (I'd have to do a google search but I do remember reading that). Usually the child is hidden to cover illegal activities going on in the home. JMHO.

Respectfully shortened. IIRC little Camden Pierce Hughes died from an overdose of cough medicine before his mother dumped him. :( I don't recall the exact COD, but seem to recall it being an od of childrens cough medicine. :(

Identified! ME - Unidentified childs body found 14May2011 - Camden Pierce Hughes, 6 #2 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Cubby
09-27-2011, 09:23 AM

Respectfully shortened. this is not directed at you, wenc. I'm angry so venting in general.

Children were not intended to be a source of income. Repeatedly popping out children when one can not afford them is (partially) a result of welfare reform. IIRC, welfare reform was limited to X number of years per child. I've seen too many women continue to pop out children as a means to not time out of the system.

Now that we have learnt more facts in this case, that sad look on Aliayah's face looks to me like a troubled child. She looks hurt, in an emotionally pained way and it breaks my heart.

I'm a never married single mother of 1, and I struggle financially with 1. There is NO WAY I would consider a 2nd, 3rd or 7th. Heck, due to the troubles we see with the flavor of the week being brought in and out of childrens lives by some single mothers, I won't even date until my son is a legal adult and off to college.

This whole thing stinks, it stinks like he77 and Aliayah did not deserve it, nor do the other children who suffer at the hands of parents who are names I can't post without being timed out or banned. :furious:

nursebeeme
09-27-2011, 09:24 AM
The story has even gone national, and caught the attention of Headline News' Nancy Grace.

At one point, a K9 picked up a scent that ended in the West Fork River, just beside the home, but still there was nothing found.

"Aliayah wouldn't just walk off. I mean she really wouldn't. I mean, she loves her family and we love her back," says her aunt, Wendy Swiger.

Police spent much of Monday questioning the girl's family.

"We just want her home," said her mother, Lena, to WDTV-TV.

Police say her mother has a criminal history, and served time for forgery, but will not elaborate if any of the family is considered a suspect.

"This search will last until she is found," says Posey.

http://www.wchstv.com/newsroom/eyewitness/110926_6796.shtml

deelytful1
09-27-2011, 09:26 AM
it was Jessica Lunsford..she lived with her father and grandparents and the child molestor was staying with family like across the street from her home i think it was and he had to have been watching her becuase her father left for the night to stay at his girlfriends so she was with her grandparents and the sicko just went in and took her right out of her bed..and yes kept her there for days..police even knocked on their door and never knew thats where she was...i have also thought maybe if Aliayahs parents home didnt have good locks its possible she got out on her own..i hope they find her..alive..no she wasnt three years old ..the case you are talking about is so similar but not the one i thought it was..its sad that it happens so much that alot of cases are alike that way.

JeannieC said the girl was 3 and the case was in SC so respectfully, she was NOT talking about this case...
This case I followed religiously since it was close to me in Florida...
BUT this case definitely could be similar unfortunately.. :(

Cubby
09-27-2011, 09:28 AM
There's barely any pics of Aliayah.. nevermind her room! :(

Exactly! If the entire family refused to talk on camera I'd doubt they would volunteer to allow media into the home.

jmo

deelytful1
09-27-2011, 09:30 AM
Respectfully shortened. this is not directed at you, wenc. I'm angry so venting in general.

Children were not intended to be a source of income. Repeatedly popping out children when one can not afford them is (partially) a result of welfare reform. IIRC, welfare reform was limited to X number of years per child. I've seen too many women continue to pop out children as a means to not time out of the system.

Now that we have learnt more facts in this case, that sad look on Aliayah's face looks to me like a troubled child. She looks hurt, in an emotionally pained way and it breaks my heart.

I'm a never married single mother of 1, and I struggle financially with 1. There is NO WAY I would consider a 2nd, 3rd or 7th. Heck, due to the troubles we see with the flavor of the week being brought in and out of childrens lives by some single mothers, I won't even date until my son is a legal adult and off to college.

This whole thing stinks, it stinks like he77 and Aliayah did not deserve it, nor do the other children who suffer at the hands of parents who are names I can't post without being timed out or banned. :furious:

:goodpost::goodpost:
Can I get an AMEN?
As a never married single mom of 1 I hear you!!

kljohnson0458
09-27-2011, 09:35 AM
What do you know. This finally hit our news last night in Charleston, WV. I need to go back and read the thread from where I left off yesterday. Sounds like from some of the recent posts that everyone smells a rat.

momtective
09-27-2011, 09:35 AM
Lewis County does not have tax records online. Anyone have any ideas as to how we can get the layout of the home?

JeannieC
09-27-2011, 09:38 AM

OMG I wasn't thinking about Jessica but they were about the same thing. Very close. This was in SC and it was about 12 years ago (I think, might have been longer).

Jessica's abductor lived with a sister and he was younger. This other man was staying with his mother. He was in his 50's I think. His mother was 80.

Good grief! How could that happen twice! If my memory serves me correctly she was placed in a tool box or some kind of small chest and buried. At the time I was working 2 jobs and worked with a girl from SC and she told me all about it because her family lived near there. He was mentally off. Learning disabled, etc. But the thing that got me is that he was capable of doing all that so how "retarded" could he have been? jmo

kljohnson0458
http://www.stonewallresort.com/

I will bet this is where he works. I didn't map the distance from Weston to here but it isn't far. They have a huge golf course.

sdevyl
JeannieC said the girl was 3 and the case was in SC so respectfully, she was NOT talking about this case...
This case I followed religiously since it was close to me in Florida...
BUT this case definitely could be similar unfortunately.. :(

i do believe that I "respectfully" stated that it was NOT the same case she was mentioning also..but thanks for taking the time to correct me on it anyway..:great:

deelytful1
09-27-2011, 09:41 AM
i do believe that I "respectfully" stated that it was NOT the same case she was mentioning also..but thanks for taking the time to correct me on it anyway..:great:

If you did, I apologize. I did not see the correction.
Jessica's case certainly fits the bill tho considering she was stolen right from her own bedroom.

Cubby
09-27-2011, 09:45 AM
Upthread I read one of the searchers who tracked Aliayah's sent to the river estimated the scent was 3-7 days old. Anyone recall that?

Leads me to two thoughts/questions.

Is it possible this precious child has been gone that long and it took days for Mom and step dad to come up with an alibi?

How do searchers/SAR determine the age of a scent tracked?

JeannieC
09-27-2011, 09:45 AM
:goodpost::goodpost:
Can i get an amen?
As a never married single mom of 1 i hear you!!

amen and amen to both of you!

JeannieC
09-27-2011, 09:47 AM
Upthread I read one of the searchers who tracked Aliayah's sent to the river estimated the scent was 3-7 days old. Anyone recall that?

Is it possible this precious child has been gone that long and it took days for Mom and step dad to come up with an alibi?

I think they said it could have been 3 - 7 days old.

chakti
09-27-2011, 09:47 AM
Hi All,

That is what I was thinking so I googled. Most kids start to lose teeth around 6 or 7. Some as early as 4. Normally starts with the 2 bottom front teeth. So to be missing 4 top teeth at 3 ?????????????

kljohnson0458
09-27-2011, 09:48 AM

From what I'm reading on several forums, I think this is highly probable. This case brings back all the horrible memories of Jessica Lundsford and also Haleigh Cummings. :( I just want the baby to be found. I do not for one second believe she wandered away through that brush to the river.

sdevyl
09-27-2011, 09:48 AM
If you did, I apologize. I did not see the correction.
Jessica's case certainly fits the bill tho considering she was stolen right from her own bedroom.

its ok really...when the child is taken from inside the home like that ,its even more devastating i would imagine, because you would think they would be safe in their own home..so in my opinion for that to happen it has to be someone familiar in some way with the family or the neighborhood..i just hope they find her..

nursebeeme
09-27-2011, 09:49 AM
I think they said it could have been 3 - 7 days old.

I further wonder if she and sibblings had ever played in that area.

Just my :twocents: but I bet they did...

deelytful1
09-27-2011, 09:51 AM

I don't think she was gone prior to Saturday because she involved the kids.. The other children would have said (or would eventually say) something. I recall it was said that the scent could be a few days old hence she could have gone by the river (accompanied) a short time prior to her going missing.
I have NO idea how they would determine how "old" the scent is that they track..My assumption would be they can't and can only say how long the scent may linger.

essies
09-27-2011, 09:53 AM
09/27/2011 | Nancy Grace | 3 Year Old Girl Vanishes From Bedroom | Where is Aliayah Lunsford? - YouTube

deelytful1
its ok really...when the child is taken from inside the home like that ,its even more devastating i would imagine, because you would think they would be safe in their own home..so in my opinion for that to happen it has to be someone familiar in some way with the family or the neighborhood..i just hope they find her..

Without a doubt! This is a parents worst nightmare! Another 2 cases I can think of is Elizabeth Smart and Polly Klaas :(
Elizabeth is the exception to the norm.. Polly is unfortunately the norm :(

keeponsearching
So how many children do they have? I thought there was a 9 year old, I would think she would notice if the child was missing longer then what is being said. Its a mystery of what happen to this little girl. So many questions. I would never know what the mom was thinking while she drove around. Between the hours she went missing, I would think a stranger would have alot of balls to enter a house. I would think at that time someone would see her wander away, I said think. Maybe with Aliayah being sick, the mom was up all night and tired. I know when I am exhausted my mind can not function on what my next step is.

Someone mention the door has problems? Can anyone verify that for me? I will never blame a parent if a child goes missing, unless they did it, but please lock your doors.. I know perp can still break windows and doors, but it takes a few extra seconds, and those seconds can be the ones you wake and hear something.

JeannieC
I further wonder if she and sibblings had ever played in that area.

Just my :twocents: but I bet they did...

They said she didn't go outside without her mother, she was very attached to her mother. I don't believe she would have been down there unless she walked with her mom. moo

JeannieC
09-27-2011, 09:57 AM
So how many children do they have? I thought there was a 9 year old, I would think she would notice if the child was missing longer then what is being said. Its a mystery of what happen to this little girl. So many questions. I would never know what the mom was thinking while she drove around. Between the hours she went missing, I would think a stranger would have alot of balls to enter a house. I would think at that time someone would see her wander away, I said think. Maybe with Aliayah being sick, the mom was up all night and tired. I know when I am exhausted my mind can not function on what my next step is.

Someone mention the door has problems? Can anyone verify that for me? I will never blame a parent if a child goes missing, unless they did it, but please lock your doors.. I know perp can still break windows and doors, but it takes a few extra seconds, and those seconds can be the ones you wake and hear something.

BBM

Yes. LE said the front screen door didn't have a handle on it and the front door didn't shut well. (something to that affect). Its in the CNN article posted today.

Cubby
09-27-2011, 09:58 AM
So how many children do they have? I thought there was a 9 year old, I would think she would notice if the child was missing longer then what is being said. .

Respectfully shortened. There are 5 children in the home ranging from, I believe, age 11 to 8 mo's and mom is expecting twins in a few weeks.

IMO, I can see a scenario where mom could convince the children to keep the secret that Aliayah may have been gone days ago. this mother was already incarcerated for a period of time in which some of her children were apart from her. If Mom scared them into saying we have to keep this to ourselves or you will be taken away from me...... I can see the children old enough to understand to be in complete fear and go along with whatever story they were told to stick with.

ETA: think about it. NOT ONE of the family would be interviewed on camera once national media was interested. From what locals are saying NONE of the family is searching. The two? local msm articles with a sister and grandma being interviewed they were already talking about this child in the past tense. :furious:

jmo

BeBeBru
09-27-2011, 10:00 AM
The picture shown up stream is of the back of the house.

1. If you go thru the door in the picture you would enter the kitchen/breakfast nook.
the kitchen would be to the right with the nook being to the left.

2. Continue thru the the breakfast nook to a bathroom with two very small bedrooms on
either side.

3. Turn around and go back thru the b/n and to the left is a living room.

4. Walking thru the living room towards the front door - the large bedroom is on the
the left. As you go in this bedroom, the front door is on your right...

This is a very small house - I would guess 1000 sq. feet.

From the back porch view in the picture there is a cellar where the black iron railing is and it takes four or so steps to go down to it.

If someone would be in the front bedroom and a child in one of the back bedrooms someone could enter the back door unheard....that is if the person is sleeping and in
the front bedroom.

The windows are small and up high. There is a pic of the front of the house some where...also one side. I will look for it.

deelytful1
09-27-2011, 10:00 AM
Respectfully shortened. There are 5 children in the home ranging from, I believe, age 11 to 8 mo's and mom is expecting twins in a few weeks.

IMO, I can see a scenario where mom could convince the children to keep the secret that Aliayah may have been gone days ago. this mother was already incarcerated for a period of time in which some of her children were apart from her. If Mom scared them into saying we have to keep this to ourselves or you will be taken away from me...... I can see the children old enough to understand to be in complete fear and go along with whatever story they were told to stick with.

jmo

BBM
If this is the case, then we'll see the true story on 48 Hours ID in like 15 years :)

BeBeBru
09-27-2011, 10:04 AM
To continue on...from the back door to the river would be less than a football field but there is a steep drop to the river in that area.

Cubby
09-27-2011, 10:05 AM
With regards to the screen door with a bad handle being discussed as hard to close properly; there is also an interior door. There is NO way a sick 3 year old is going to remember to close the interior door even if the screen door does not always close properly.

My almost 9 year old forgot to shut the door behind him twice last year when he was in 2nd grade. Twice I returned home in the morning after driving him to school to find the front door left wide open. Fortunately nothing happened as a result, but after the second time I no longer remind him to close the door behind him. I wait until he walks out of the house and ensure the door is closed.

I'm not buying an ounce of what this mother is trying to sell. Not one ounce of it. I hope LE has some good interrogators so we can get to the truth of what happened to this precious child, and she is found soon. My greatest fear is she was put in the river days ago and may have been carried so far upstream or covered with silt she'd be difficult to find. And that is a horrible thought.

jmo

Isabelle
09-27-2011, 10:10 AM

ETA: think about it. NOT ONE of the family would be interviewed on camera once national media was interested. From what locals are saying NONE of the family is searching. The two? local msm articles with a sister and grandma being interviewed they were already talking about this child in the past tense. :furious:

jmo

I think this could have very easily happened.

JeannieC
09-27-2011, 10:11 AM
I believe she went out the door in someone's arms about the time the step-dad left. jmo
I wonder if Mom went to town looking for her husband but didn't have enough gas to get there, or maybe she did. I don't know. Was he home when LE got there? No one has seen or heard from him yet. Mom, Grandmother, Cousins. Where is he? Just asking.

moo

mikeysmommom
09-27-2011, 10:16 AM
Hinky meter alert screaming! When is this going to stop :banghead:

Isabelle
09-27-2011, 10:17 AM
Exactly! If the entire family refused to talk on camera I'd doubt they would volunteer to allow media into the home.

jmo

Refusal to talk on camera may have been a way to maintain privacy, from those who really know them!

sdevyl
09-27-2011, 10:18 AM
the more i think about it the more questions i have..i found the mother lena has a facebook page<modsnip> and now that its mentioned there are 5 kids, it would seem to me that i doubt there was a bedroom for each child so the chances that Aliayah was sleeping in a room alone or without a sibling is very slim and no one noticing someone coming in is very suspicious..

peeples
09-27-2011, 10:20 AM
nancy grace transscript

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1109/26/ng.01.html

I see that they talk about Aliayah having "messed" at a friends house... wonder if that means accident? Like poop or pee... something about toddlers having potty accidents seems to send some parents over the edge...
Also the friend whose house they were at would provide the first non family sighting......

elepher50
09-27-2011, 10:20 AM
Lewis County does not have tax records online. Anyone have any ideas as to how we can get the layout of the home?

No, I don't have any ideas - on the weekend I did the real estate thing to see if it had been on the market recently and did not come up with anything. Sometimes real estate has layouts/pictures.

Wait - sometimes one has to write something down and then go duh - I did not look at rental units on Dennison Street - bet it is being rented since I did not find anything on real estate and they moved there within the last month or so ........DUH.

JeannieC
09-27-2011, 10:22 AM
With regards to the screen door with a bad handle being discussed as hard to close properly; there is also an interior door.
jmo

Respectfully snipped. BBM

This came from LE

Parks said there were no signs of forced entry in the home, which the girl shared with four other children, her stepfather and her mother, who is pregnant with twins. There is a screen door, which does not have a handle, and a regular door, which doesn't shut very well, the lieutenant said.

JeannieC
09-27-2011, 10:26 AM
the more i think about it the more questions i have..i found the mother lena has a facebook page and two of the daughters and now that its mentioned there are 5 kids, it would seem to me that i doubt there was a bedroom for each child so the chances that Aliayah was sleeping in a room alone or without a sibling is very slim and no one noticing someone coming in is very suspicious..

The child that shared a room with Aliayah got in bed with mom because Aliayah had kept her up crying the night before and she was finally asleep.

Cubby
09-27-2011, 10:27 AM
Refusal to talk on camera may have been a way to maintain privacy, from those who really know them!

Could be, but in all honesty, I think the reason they are avoiding the camera's is because they know their story doesn't hold up and are well aware anything they say on camera can be used against them in court. Remember, someone following the social network pages indicated mom followed the Casey Anthony trial....

The majority of parents whose child is missing isn't going to put their privacy over screaming at the top of mountains for any and all help to find their child.

jmvho

Isabelle
09-27-2011, 10:30 AM
The child that shared a room with Aliayah got in bed with mom because Aliayah had kept her up crying the night before and she was finally asleep.

I want to know where the mom was while this baby was crying all night? I don't care that she is pregnant with twins and to deliver in a couple of weeks! This baby was sick, so they claim! Good Grief, I am sick of this. When will children have rights?

Atimetostand
09-27-2011, 10:34 AM
These are just some things that come to mind and make me say hmmm.....

First what time did the step dad leave for work? No time given so far that I see. Just sometime between 6:30 and 9.

Also several times I have seen LE say that the dogs followed her scent right to the river. Think about this: I am 3 years old, I sneak out of the house, I have NEVER been to the river but I make a bee line to the river? As curious as I am I do not stop to see anything, touch anything? I don't know my way to the river but I just go directly to the river?

I would love to see the area between the house and the river.

Cubby
09-27-2011, 10:35 AM
Respectfully snipped. BBM

This came from LE

Parks said there were no signs of forced entry in the home, which the girl shared with four other children, her stepfather and her mother, who is pregnant with twins. There is a screen door, which does not have a handle, and a regular door, which doesn't shut very well, the lieutenant said.

IMO, this makes it more improbable Aliayah wandered out of the home as there have been NO reports of a door or window being left open, and we'd have to believe a sick 3 yr old was capable of closing two doors that were difficult to shut properly.

jmo

sdevyl
09-27-2011, 10:35 AM
What also makes me wonder is ok if the mother went to wake her up at 9-9:30 but had last seen her 3 hours before then obviously what ever happened had to happen in that time period so around 6- 6:30 that morning,and now the fact she was up crying all night and the other child was in bed with mom so obviously something was wrong and they all just chose to ignore her and then check on her at 6:30 then after that she just disappeared?
IMO they know what happened to her..especially the mother and/or stepfather..

dog.gone.cute
09-27-2011, 10:36 AM
Good Morning,

I just heard about Aliayah being missing last night when I watched NG's show ... and came here to get "caught up".

NG's video crew showed a few photos of little Aliayah and the first thing I noticed that this little girl was NOT smiling in any of the photos and that IMO she looked "unhappy" ... This is SO SAD !

Another question I have -- which may have been asked and answered, and I apologize if asked -- BUT ...

WHO was baby-sitting Aliayah's 4 other siblings when Aliayah's mother went driving around town for 2 hours ?

Did someone come over to watch Aliayah's siblings while mother was driving around 2 hours?

Did the mother take any of the other children with her when she was driving around town ?

Did the mother leave the other children alone in the house when she was driving around town for those 2 hours?

MOO ...

CN2Souls
09-27-2011, 10:38 AM
No, I don't have any ideas - on the weekend I did the real estate thing to see if it had been on the market recently and did not come up with anything. Sometimes real estate has layouts/pictures.

Wait - sometimes one has to write something down and then go duh - I did not look at rental units on Dennison Street - bet it is being rented since I did not find anything on real estate and they moved there within the last month or so ........DUH.

Thank you elepher, That is another way to see pictures of the house.

:doh: Just to be clear, (sometime my post are unclear)

I never thought they would give a "Better Homes and Garden tour" of the house for the media,

But as most Super Sleuthers know, there are numerous places to see glimpses of the inside of a house or room and floor plans. for example,

People who have lived there before
Neighbors
Tax records
Contractor who pulled permits
Photos taken and background shots
Or if they are newer homes they have them on file sometime at clerks office.
And again some very aggressive reporters zoom in on window.
And like post up thread a person who just posted a walk through details...

there are Many, many ways to see what the inside of a house may look like..

:hug:

wenc
09-27-2011, 10:42 AM
I do not think the older children stay there all the time. The mom's family is from Walkersville, which is down Hwy 19S. All the children from Bendale catch the school bus in front of the armory. There are a couple of older girls there that I do not know, but they look much older than 11 or 9. The house is a rental. One of the neighbors said they were not sociable. I found it strange because they have children around the same age and they don't play together??

kljohnson0458
09-27-2011, 10:43 AM
Welcome Dog Gone. I was just about to post the exact same thing. Every photo I've seen of this baby has been of a very sad looking little girl who has something horrible going on in her life.

terracotta
09-27-2011, 10:43 AM
Okay so the mom checks on Aliayah at 630am because she was sick the night before. The mom watches the stepdad get picked up by a coworker for work, before she knows anything is amiss with Aliayah. Then she says she checked on her at 9 or 930 she already had vanished by then. Then she gets in her car and starts driving around the town, runs out of gas....goes to find gas...gets some...gets back to her home and calls police.

So the mom never left the house those three hours and yet gets in her cars to look for the girl....not the river? not the neighbors? not call the relatives to help? What would inspire a mom who hasn't left the house to get in a car and drive to find the girl. She is very pregnant so that would be one thing...but wouldn't she be looking around the house, yard, river, neighbors homes first? Why would she think the girl is miles away?

There isn't common sense reactions here....very hinky

wenc
09-27-2011, 10:45 AM
There are various elementary schools in the smaller towns/areas, but all children in Lewis County that go to public school go to the middle school in town. Therefore, the older kids could stay at a relative's and still go to the same school, which would explain why I have not seen them at the bus stop.

Cubby
09-27-2011, 10:46 AM
Good Morning,

I just heard about Aliayah being missing last night when I watched NG's show ... and came here to get "caught up".

NG's video crew showed a few photos of little Aliayah and the first thing I noticed that this little girl was NOT smiling in any of the photos and that IMO she looked "unhappy" ... This is SO SAD !

Another question I have -- which may have been asked and answered, and I apologize if asked -- BUT ...

WHO was baby-sitting Aliayah's 4 other siblings when Aliayah's mother went driving around town for 2 hours ?

Did someone come over to watch Aliayah's siblings ?

Did the mother take any of the other children with her ?

Did the mother leave the other children alone in the house ?

MOO ...

BBM. Good question, I wondered the same thing. It hasn't been reported. We know step dad left for work. My guess is those children were left alone unattended or a family member was called if they live close enough to have been there in a short time. Which really doesn't make sense to me. I have a really hard time with wrapping my head around an almost 30 year old woman due to give birth to twins in two weeks (source NG transcript posted upthread) driving around for 2 hours and leaving her other babies home alone. Rather than her family searching while she stayed home with her babies..... if family lived close enough.

I remember how uncomfortable I was in the final weeks of my pregnancy with 1. And how difficult it was to drive and keep the belly away from the steering wheel.

**shaking head** with the whole thing here.

Please let the searchers find this precious child today.

peeples
09-27-2011, 10:48 AM
Friday night-Aliayah at friends house-Aliayah "messes" at friends house and is taken home due to not feeling well
Overnight Aliayah ill and crying
6:30 am-mom gets uptyo see step dad off to work-9 yr old goes to mom's bed-aliayah reportedly finally asleep
9:30-mom goes to check on aliayah and take her temperature-aliyah gone
9:30 -11:30-mom drives around, runs out of gas, gets gas or gas money from someone continues to drive around
11:30 mom contacts police

BeBeBru
09-27-2011, 10:50 AM

Hey elepher and mom....I was able to give the layout on my post #194.....My aunt lived in that house for 40+ years before her death. I have been in that house many times....I tried to get your pic, mom, before my post but my cat
walked across my computer at about the same time......I apologize....I don't know how to fix it now so that the two posts would show together. If someone wants to help, I would appreciate it. I am soooo shocked and sad about this whole story that it has taken a few days for this to settle in so I could be able to post. I still have family in Bendale and have spoken with them. They just can't believe that this beautiful little girl is missing. The whole little community is really torn up about all of this.

I am in constant prayer that this little precious one is still alive and can be found......

wenc
09-27-2011, 10:52 AM
deelytful1 - Biological dad is Lunsford. From what I heard from someone that knows the family, that is not his first name, but they did say that he had been in prison several times.

Melanie
09-27-2011, 10:53 AM

IMHO, I don't think she finally fell asleep, I think she died. Did mum give her too much cold medicine? It's hard for me to explain away that baby A was asleep at 6, then gone, with so many family members (including grandma) living in the house. Also it appears that step-daddy was up at some point getting ready for work.

My hinky meter is telling me something happened during the night to baby A.

My opinion only - thanks.

Mel

Salem
09-27-2011, 10:53 AM

Why was she crying all night? Do we have any idea?

Salem

dog.gone.cute
09-27-2011, 10:55 AM
Welcome Dog Gone. I was just about to post the exact same thing. Every photo I've seen of this baby has been of a very sad looking little girl who has something horrible going on in her life.

Thank You ... I knew the folks at WS would be "on top" of this story !

I agree ... The photos we have seen of Aliayah show a very sad little girl -- even the photo where Aliayah had a bag of Dorito's chips in her hands -- she did not look happy.

This is SO SAD because she is such a cute little girl !

I hope they find her soon !

MOO ...

peeples
09-27-2011, 10:56 AM
Why was she crying all night? Do we have any idea?

Salem

I saw a report, i wish i could remember where, that stated that aliayah finally fell asleep at 6:30 and that the 9 yr old went to bed with mom at that time, so i think it's assumed she was crying.. mine do when not feeling well

CN2Souls
09-27-2011, 10:57 AM
Hey elepher and mom....I was able to give the layout on my post #194.....My aunt lived in that house for 40+ years before her death. I have been in that house many times....I tried to get your pic, mom, before my post but my cat
walked across my computer at about the same time......I apologize....I don't know how to fix it now so that the two posts would show together. If someone wants to help, I would appreciate it. I am soooo shocked and sad about this whole story that it has taken a few days for this to settle in so I could be able to post. I still have family in Bendale and have spoken with them. They just can't believe that this beautiful little girl is missing. The whole little community is really torn up about all of this.

I am in constant prayer that this little precious one is still alive and can be found......

Wow BeBeBru you are fantastic, :hug:

Could you tell me, about approximately how high the window are off the ground in the bedrooms? How large are they and do you know if they slide over to open or up?

And you spoke of a cellar (upthread) what is that like is it dirt floor?

Salem
09-27-2011, 10:58 AM
Please do NOT post links to people we are NOT 100% sure are they person it is claimed they are. Facebook rumors MAY NOT be used in lieu of LE or MSM reports. I have removed the links to the "biodad." Until he identified by a reliable source, please do not repost them.

Thanks,

Salem

nursebeeme
09-27-2011, 10:59 AM
http://www.dailymail.com/policebrfs/201109271598

no new developments overnight

Melanie
09-27-2011, 10:59 AM
BBM. Good question, I wondered the same thing. It hasn't been reported. We know step dad left for work. My guess is those children were left alone unattended or a family member was called if they live close enough to have been there in a short time. Which really doesn't make sense to me. I have a really hard time with wrapping my head around an almost 30 year old woman due to give birth to twins in two weeks (source NG transcript posted upthread) driving around for 2 hours and leaving her other babies home alone. Rather than her family searching while she stayed home with her babies..... if family lived close enough.

I remember how uncomfortable I was in the final weeks of my pregnancy with 1. And how difficult it was to drive and keep the belly away from the steering wheel.

**shaking head** with the whole thing here.

Please let the searchers find this precious child today.

Grandma lives in the home (this is the gal who appeared with her daughter on tv).

What boggles my mind is why didn't grandma call 911 when her daughter disappeared for 2 hours?

Egads!

Mel

nursebeeme
09-27-2011, 11:01 AM
A call has been put out to the Glenville State College community for volunteers to help in the search for three-year-old Aliayah Lunsford in Lewis County. The child has been missing since Saturday morning when her mother went to wake her up and she wasn’t there.

Representatives from the FBI, U.S. Marshals Service, and the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children are involved in the search along with several area search and rescue teams and divers. Volunteers are needed to help scour the area surrounding her home near Weston.

http://www.glenville.edu/news/?p=6701

Cubby
09-27-2011, 11:01 AM
Just a helpful hint/tip.....

If one is refering to a post number, for example BeBeBru refered to her post #194 up thread. To link to an individual post, click on the post number. A new window with the individual post will pop up. Copy and paste the url and the link to the individual post will appear.

hth!

ETA: As an example, here is the link to post 194 which BeBeBru mentioned:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - WV WV - Aliayah Lunsford, 3, Lewis Co., 24-Sep-2011 - #2

yllek
09-27-2011, 11:02 AM
On Nacy Grace last night, it was reported that some people in the house were polygraphed six times. Who? Mom can't take a poly due to pregnancy. The stepfather? The other children?

I think there may have been a party or something at the house on Friday night. I would like to know if anyone else was in that home and what, if anything, was going on.

peeples
09-27-2011, 11:04 AM
yllek- here is a copy and paste from the NG transcript... if there was a party I don't think it was at the house.. unless the party moved from the friends house to aliayah's house due to her being sick

"Remember this was a kid who was sick the night before. Had to be brought home. Was diuretic, (INAUDIBLE) since she had messed at another friend`s house"

Cubby
09-27-2011, 11:04 AM
Grandma lives in the home (this is the gal who appeared with her daughter on tv).

What boggles my mind is why didn't grandma call 911 when her daughter disappeared for 2 hours?

Egads!

Mel

How do we know grandma lives in the home? and is it confirmed? I thought perhaps grandma was staying with mom while the search was going on.

Cubby
09-27-2011, 11:09 AM
On Nacy Grace last night, it was reported that some people in the house were polygraphed six times. Who? Mom can't take a poly due to pregnancy. The stepfather? The other children?

I think there may have been a party or something at the house on Friday night. I would like to know if anyone else was in that home and what, if anything, was going on.

Thank you. I had forgotten mom couldn't take a poly due to being pregnant.

I really wish there were some comments or leak somewhere regarding what neighbors have to say about what they may or may not have seen Friday evening.

Am curious to learn more about this incident with Aliayah reportedly "messing" at a friends house. It does make me wonder if mom or step dad was particularly angry with her for having an accident at a friends house. As has been stated a number of times already, we're all well aware of how many children are abused during potty training.....

dsntslp
09-27-2011, 11:10 AM
Maybe a local can answer this or has anybody seen a recent view on TV?
Is there a swing set, sandbox, baby pool or outdoor toys in the back yard that would draw a 3YO to the back yard if she did get out?

peeples
Ok so it is reported that little aliayah was diuretic, so i'm assuming that means she had a pee accident, but what if it means she lost complete bladder control, what if she'd been injured earlier in the day on friday from mom from dad from an accident, from playing around with a sibling and mom panicked due to earlier run ins with the law..

Or the bladder is a muscle so could aliayah have had a closed head injury that caused her to feel sick and have loss of bladder control..

Just talking out loud.. MOO

terracotta
So Aliayah was sick throwing up all through the night and had a fever. The mom is 2 weeks away from giving birth to twins...so she must be exhausted. I can imagine the situation of giving Aliayah "something" so that she will sleep so everyone else can sleep.

yllek
09-27-2011, 11:11 AM
yllek- here is a copy and paste from the NG transcript... IF there was a party I don't think it ws at the house.. unless the party moved from the friends house to aliayah house due to her being sick

"Remember this was a kid who was sick the night before. Had to be brought home. Was diuretic, (INAUDIBLE) since she had messed at another friend`s house"

Thanks peeples! I can definitely see some people moving from one house to another if a child got sick and needed to be taken home. Party on, for some people. Plus, I don't have faith that the story being told is a true story, at this point. Some parts of it are probably ture, but the full story as we've been told to date does not add up to me. JMO.

peeples
09-27-2011, 11:12 AM
agreed yllek!

JeannaT
09-27-2011, 11:16 AM
I think the person saying "diuretic" is trying to say she had diarrhea.

A diuretic is a drug or food/drink that dehydrates you.

katydid23
09-27-2011, 11:17 AM
Ok so it is reported that little aliayah was diuretic, so i'm assuming that means she had a pee accident, but what if it means she lost complete bladder control, what if she'd been injured earlier in the day on friday from mom from dad from an accident, from playing around with a sibling and mom panicked due to earlier run ins with the law..

Or the bladder is a muscle so could aliayah have had a closed head injury that caused her to feel sick and have loss of bladder control..

BBM

I had a similar thought. With the poor baby being sick the night before, I wondered if she might have gotten a hold of some drugs or pills and that is how she got sick. Maybe they were afraid to take her for help because of that. ??

gitana1
09-27-2011, 11:18 AM
Hey Guests, please sign up and join the conversation. Everyone's opinions are welcome and it's very easy to join!

essies
09-27-2011, 11:20 AM

In the transcript it said "diruetic (inaudible)"-so I'm assuming it could also mean diarhea. Perhaps both? If this little one had a fever and was having accidents of whatever kind and was crying (maybe because she was in pain)-perhaps a trip to the ER was in order.
Now, I'm wondering if she was really sick because of cold/flu or because she may have ingested something she got her little hands on!!:banghead:

BeBeBru
09-27-2011, 11:21 AM
Wow BeBeBru you are fantastic, :hug:

Could you tell me, about approximately how high the window are off the ground in the bedrooms? How large are they and do you know if they slide over to open or up?

And you spoke of a cellar (upthread) what is that like is it dirt floor?
Thanks for the hug....I really appreciate it!!!!

The windows are rectangular and one side of the window slides to cover the other side when it is open. There should be a screen on the open side. I would have to be on a ladder to touch the windows on the side of the house
so I would estimate the height of the window to be around 7 feet. There is also a large picture window on the front of the house that is located in the living room. If one is on the front porch looking thru that window.....the eye would see the living room, kitchen nook and back door. Also, one could stand at an angle with head turned to the right and see the large bedroom door. This bedroom was added to the original house decades ago..... I hope this makes sense......

dsntslp
09-27-2011, 11:24 AM
Your Awesome momtective!! This helps, I knew one of our super Sleuthers had some picture of the house... and tax appraisers site is a great thought...
:hug:...
Can anybody tell what is on the porch here? A stroller on the left and possibly a wagon (upside down) on the right?

I wonder why the ground level has a rail but the upper level where a child could fall off and get hurt has no rail. Just an observation. It sure isn't how I would have done it. I am wondering if there is a reason and I just don't see it in the pic.

ETA: Ooops, I thought the images that were posted in my quoted post here would come down here too. Brb w/a link to the post.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - WV WV - Aliayah Lunsford, 3, Lewis Co., 24-Sep-2011 - #2

wenc
09-27-2011, 11:27 AM
I do not recall anything in the backyard like toys or a swing set. If I can, I will try to take some pictures of the area and post them. I did not take my camera with me when I went to search on Sunday because there were too many people around and we were focusing on climbing through brush, etc., to search. Plus I just thought it was inappropriate. And, I will pay more attention about the size and height of the windows. When we walk the dog in that area, we go up the other 2 streets since Dennison is a dead end. But most of the houses on Dennison adjoin the other street via their back yards.

dsntslp
09-27-2011, 11:30 AM
Do they have pets? A dog or cat to chase around and possibly follow out of the house if it got out?

CN2Souls
09-27-2011, 11:31 AM
Thanks for the hug....I really appreciate it!!!!

The windows are rectangular and one side of the window slides to cover the other side when it is open. There should be a screen on the open side. I would have to be on a ladder to touch the windows on the side of the house
so I would estimate the height of the window to be around 7 feet. There is also a large picture window on the front of the house that is located in the living room. If one is on the front porch looking thru that window.....the eye would see the living room, kitchen nook and back door. Also, one could stand at an angle with head turned to the right and see the large bedroom door. This bedroom was added to the original house decades ago..... I hope this makes sense......

Thank you again and now I am going to double hug you... :hug: :hug:

The windows IMHO would not have been the entry or exit way she left that house.

Therefore the front or back door. across from the front of the house is there another house that faces it and in the back by the rear door does another house face it?

KaylynnCouture
09-27-2011, 11:33 AM
Does anyone know where they're searching today (the river still?)?