PDA

View Full Version : MO - AMBER ALERT: Lisa Irwin, 10 months, Kansas City, 4 Oct 2011 - #5

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

waltzingmatilda
10-07-2011, 09:01 AM
Today is rerunning the video in the 3rd hr. They just announced it!

wm

~n/t~
10-07-2011, 09:02 AM
I really can see what Debbie and Jeremy are saying about needing a break from questioning. I'm sure it's grueling.....and, maybe LE --even though it sounds cruel--decided to run with that to put even more pressure on them since they seemingly don't have any leads at all. They have to do what they have to do to find Lisa......

I don't even know if that makes sense...I need caffeine.

I can't believe LE wouln't have compassion. Are they that tough on parents of missing children?

tlcya
10-07-2011, 09:02 AM
Well, it would seem to me now, that the ball is back in LE's court. The parents have said on national tv that they are still willing to talk to LE. LE left things yesterday at "our door is always open"

As the professional investigators, LE needs to take this opportunity and approach the parents to try to continue to work with them as the parents have announced they are perfectly willing.

Hope this doesn't turn into a pissing match with LE waiting for the parents to come ask for their continued help and parents sitting waiting for LE to come ask for their help. Meanwhile, this baby is out there somewhere, in the wind. :(

Cazzie
10-07-2011, 09:04 AM
Good morning, all. Praying Pumpkin Pie is found today.

RobinRoberts Robin Roberts
KC Police claim the parents of missing baby Lisa Irwin are not helping. Had a very candid conversation with the parents on @GMA this morn
29 minutes ago

GMA Good Morning America
"I just want her to come home. Our focus is Lisa ... Whatever I’ve got to do to get her home, we’ll do it." -Deborah Bradley on @GMA
3 minutes ago
Except that they both resume cooperating with LE, no matter what.......

(apparently)

elepher50
10-07-2011, 09:04 AM
Re the video from Today show. I watch every am and they usually re-run 1st hr vids in the 3rd hr and don't post them to the site until after the 2nd run.

Both BeanE and I are watching for it and will post ASAP!

wm :)

Thanks and that makes sense to me now as it will hold the viewers to the box (commercials and all that).

FairM
10-07-2011, 09:05 AM
More from Today show:

Bradley also admitted on Friday that she had failed a voluntary lie-detector test that was administered by police.

“They said that I failed, and I continue to say that’s not possible because I don’t know where she’s at,’’ Bradley said. “I did not do this. I don’t remember which one (question) it was. They just kept saying I failed, I failed, and I said that’s not possible. What do you say when someone tells you that, and you know you didn’t do anything?’’

Irwin has not taken a lie-detector test but said he would undergo one if necessary.
“I’d be willing to do whatever it takes to bring my daughter Lisa home where she belongs, and if that’s what it takes, that’s what we can do,’’ Irwin said.

“We don’t care what anybody says or thinks, or what (police) think,’’ Bradley said. “Our concern is to find our Lisa and bring her home because that’s what we want. I don’t care what we have to go through to get it.’’

I don't put much store in polys - look at the recent case of Breeane Rodregez (forgive spelling) the parents failed a poly test in that case and it turned out to be their neighbour -

nursebeeme
10-07-2011, 09:06 AM
when I watched the today show video I also noted that Debbie said she couldn't fill in gaps (it was around the time of answering questions about the LDT) but the reporter didn't pick up on it. Will be interesting to see the transcript.

LE was most likely trying to fill in those gaps of time...

moo

elepher50
10-07-2011, 09:06 AM
I can't believe LE wouln't have compassion. Are they that tough on parents of missing children?

Yes, IMO they are if they have turned up no real leads then they lean heavily back into the parents. Sometimes warranted and sometimes not.

davehead21
10-07-2011, 09:07 AM
Well, it would seem to me now, that the ball is back in LE's court. The parents have said on national tv that they are still willing to talk to LE. LE left things yesterday at "our door is always open"

As the professional investigators, LE needs to take this opportunity and approach the parents to try to continue to work with them as the parents have announced they are perfectly willing.

Hope this doesn't turn into a pissing match with LE waiting for the parents to come ask for their continued help and parents sitting waiting for LE to come ask for their help. Meanwhile, this baby is out there somewhere, in the wind. :(

Me too, tlcox. I really hope this is all cleared up this morning. While I can understands reasons that would make both sides mad, I would hope that finding this missing baby is much more important than hard feelings.

oh_gal
10-07-2011, 09:07 AM
How old are their boys who also live in the home? Just wondering if the boys know anything.

saba
10-07-2011, 09:08 AM
Really? Ask Kevin Fox about that. He was thrown into jail, where HE was raped and beaten by inmates, after falsely confessing to molesting and murdering his 3 year old baby Riley. His "confession" was extracted after tens of hours of interrogation, with no lawyer and no way for him to leave the interview room.

Don't believe him? How about the families of these victims - names that I am sure you will recognize: Polly Klass, Elizabeth Smart, Jaycee Dugard, Jessica Lunsford, Shawn Devlin, Shasta and Dylan Groene. In each of these cases, the families were in the crosshairs of LE. I mention these particular cases because in EACH of them, it has been proven that the families were innocent. There are literally THOUSANDS of other cases where there simply is not enough evidence, but the family is still being harassed and stalked by LE, in some cases many years later.

The interview techniques used are the same strategy that are well documented as being psychological brainwashing techniques. Some innocent people will succumb to the techniques, some will not. But when a person is under the most severe emotional stress imaginable (such as having your CHILD missing) the brain is unreliable. There is no way to predict who will crack under the pressure and who will not. But the second someone cracks, it is all over. Once a confession (or semi--confession) is reached, it's over. Even a confession from the true killer will not always supersede the "confession" of a family member - even if the "confession" is immediately retracted.

I have no doubt that LE has good motivations. I don't believe that any of them deliberately try to pin a murder on an innocent person. But they have the same statistics that you do. MOST cases are perpetrated by family members. MOST. Not all. But when all other "reasonable" thoughts are exhausted, naturally they will re-explore the family. And it is no long leap to go from: there is no evidence that someone else did it" to "they MUST have done it".

So, feel free to think what you want. No one can stop you. But having some compassion for a grieving family until and unless they are actually proven to have harmed their child, can never be the wrong approach. And, having some healthy skepticism about LE is just self-preservation, in my opinion.

I do feel free to think what I want. I also have compassion for this family. It is ridiculous to suggest otherwise.

tlcya
my impression of mom's demeanor on GMA this morning in a word

Shellshocked.

luckyme

I bet you! The mom said they were trying to implicate her. moo

hollye
How old are their boys who also live in the home? Just wondering if the boys know anything.

As I understand correctly, they are 6 & 8yos.

hollye
10-07-2011, 09:10 AM
vlpate ~ It is against TOS to quote FB pages.

luckyme
10-07-2011, 09:12 AM
Isnt the fbi helping in this case? wouldnt they help advise LE on what to say and not to say?

tlcya
10-07-2011, 09:12 AM
Will be praying today that LE and parents find a way to come together for the good of baby Lisa.

Soulmagent
10-07-2011, 09:13 AM
Do the parents own or rent their home? Any history of DHS calls to the home by anyone saying the baby was not being cared for?

Affairs? The parents listed a dozen suspects ,do they know that many people who they could write they would think to list like that.

I wouldnt be able to name but one or two people who I would even question enough to write on a list and even then one of them would be a very hard to say I thought a slight maybe but I would. 12 people would be impossible as I moved though my contacts and friends.

Not saying I think they are hiding anything just wondering what happened.

elepher50
10-07-2011, 09:13 AM
Isnt the fbi helping in this case? wouldnt they help advise LE on what to say and not to say?

Helping but they do not have the lead in the case.

tlcya
10-07-2011, 09:14 AM

I don't think the local LE is bound to follow their advice. I believe the FBI is there on invitation, to assist but from all appearances, local LE is running the show.

oh_gal
10-07-2011, 09:15 AM

Were they playing "good cop/bad cop"? I'm sure there have been many studies done, and many training sessions attended on when and how to make someone "crack."

I can even imagine what would take place during an interview like that. Are you asked the same questions, over and over again, but asked in a slightly different way, so they can see if your answers are consistent? I don't know how much of that I could take.

I didn't really understand what the parents said in answer to Matt Lauer's question about whether or not the police were being mean to them -- even now, I can't recall what they said, except that their answer didn't make any sense to me -- like they said, "In the first inteview, they were really mean, but in this one, they were really nice," which didn't seem to jive with them no longer cooperating. Anyone recall this?

elepher50
10-07-2011, 09:16 AM
Do the parents own or rent their home? Any history of DHS calls to the home by anyone saying the baby was not being cared for?

Affairs? The parents listed a dozen suspects ,do they know that many people who they could write they would think to list like that.

I wouldnt be able to name but one or two people who I would even question enough to write on a list and even then one of them would be a very hard to say I thought a slight maybe but I would. 12 people would be impossible as I moved though my contancts and friends.

Not saying I think they are hiding anything but wondering what happened.

House owned by JI since about 2002. No negative history on the parents. Neighbours and locals on WS say that the children looked well cared for, playing in yard (older ones) and that they saw nothing amiss.

Both parents have had previous relationships.

shefner
10-07-2011, 09:17 AM
Geez Louise...this thread has been flying so fast that it took me forever to catch up on reading.

I don't think we know all the facts yet. I want to believe the parents. I want to think the FBI and LE know what they are doing. Tough spot....tough call.

waltzingmatilda
One thing that interests me about the floor plan is because one of our locals, can't recall the name, is familiar with the neighborhood and stated that all the homes have similar fp's. Maybe only 4 different plans in the neighborhood.

This makes me wonder that whoever took Lisa lives in the neighborhood and is familiar with the floor plans of the homes.

moo

wm

elepher50
I don't think the local LE is bound to follow their advice. I believe the FBI is there on invitation, to assist but from all appearances, local LE is running the show.

Maybe it is time that FBI took over the case - just a thought.

TxLady2
Yes...I agree with the "make sure LE knows I'm here for you, do what you need" But we do not know what transpired. They may have been called to come back to the PD station again and both mom and dad felt...enough is enough..we've told you all and we are done with this! Meaning...we are not coming in ..not necessarily meaning we are no longer going to cooperate with PD...just needed some peace and quiet and rest to regroup their emotions and bodies and wanted PD to stop "wasting time" asking questions we already answered and start going out and looking for our baby!" That would be the emotional thought patterns for the parents...even though hundreds of officers were out looking.

You're absolutely right. Sometimes LE can really be pushy with parents. All it takes is one detective who thinks something isn't right with them... or maybe with no leads, they just keep pounding on the parents because they have no one else to put the blame on. A parent who is already upset and scared that their child is going to be found murdered will naturally resent having to sit through the 3rd or 4th round of questions when most of them have been asked and answered already.

Also, people who are going through this don't always think logically or reasonably. Your baby has been kidnapped, but instead of going out and trying to look for her, cops are pounding you and insinuating you're guilty and you did something to her. Kind of hard to stay calm and not get upset if you're being accused of something you didn't do. Everybody keeps saying that if you have nothing to hide, then you have nothing to get upset about. NOT TRUE... if you're innocent, yet LE and half the public keep accusing you of harming your child, you're going to lose your cool eventually and stop talking to them. And if they keep hammering at you, then you've got no recourse but to hire a lawyer and let him/her stop the badgering. Reason goes out the window when you're thrown into a situation like this, and people don't always react the way we would expect.

That said, these parents could be guilty as sin, I don't know. But nobody knows that just yet, not even LE. Wait and see, that's my motto.

KaylynnCouture
10-07-2011, 09:18 AM

6 and 8 years old.

elepher50
One thing that interests me about the floor plan is because one of our locals, can't recall the name, is familiar with the neighborhood and stated that all the homes have similar fp's. Maybe only 4 different plans in the neighborhood.

This makes me wonder that whoever took Lisa lives in the neighborhood and is familiar with the floor plans of the homes.

moo

wm

Or someone who has lived in the house before and knew where light switches/bedrooms/maybe an outside hidden key were?

FairM

I was thinking the same - I wonder if they have been interviewed? the younger boy i read was sleeping in with his mum that night.

KaylynnCouture
10-07-2011, 09:19 AM
Not sure if this has been posted yet..

Lisa’s father, Jeremy Irwin, says he has offered to take a lie detector test, but that police say that’s not necessary.

Snipped: http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/missing-mo-girls-parents-dispute-police-allegation-theyre-not-cooperating-plan-statement/2011/10/07/gIQAdCD1RL_story.html

FairM
10-07-2011, 09:19 AM
another thought - why were all the lights on? why would an intruder put lights on and draw attention to him/herself? why didnt that wake anyone up in the house?

FairM
10-07-2011, 09:20 AM

Snipped: http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/missing-mo-girls-parents-dispute-police-allegation-theyre-not-cooperating-plan-statement/2011/10/07/gIQAdCD1RL_story.html

Interesting - is that because his alibi has checked out I wonder?

Shelby1
10-07-2011, 09:21 AM

I think they are....especially since they have absolutely no leads...the mom was the only adult home...and she failed the LDT. I don't think LE has the time right now to be compassionate....if that makes sense.

luckyme
10-07-2011, 09:21 AM
Were they playing "good cop/bad cop"? I'm sure there have been many studies done, and many training sessions attended on when and how to make someone "crack."

I can even imagine what would take place during an interview like that. Are you asked the same questions, over and over again, but asked in a slightly different way, so they can see if your answers are consistent? I don't know how much of that I could take.

I didn't really understand what the parents said in answer to Matt Lauer's question about whether or not the police were being mean to them -- even now, I can't recall what they said, except that their answer didn't make any sense to me -- like they said, "In the first inteview, they were really mean, but in this one, they were really nice," which didn't seem to jive with them no longer cooperating. Anyone recall this?

Yes u are asked over and over and many different ways. It can become mind numbing! moo

elepher50
10-07-2011, 09:24 AM
It is time to hear a statement from Deputy Chief Cheryl Rose on what the current situation is or isn't and what next steps are. This needs to get resolved today and Lisa needs to be found.

SurfieTX
10-07-2011, 09:24 AM
Interesting - is that because his alibi has checked out I wonder?

I'm sure it did. My husband has driven many work vans like that. All of them had a tracking device installed that is monitored by the company (to make sure the vehicle is not driven for personal use and insurance reasons). It would take LE 5 minutes to get that information IMO.

Karmaa
10-07-2011, 09:26 AM
...The parents listed a dozen suspects ,do they know that many people who they could write they would think to list like that.

I wouldnt be able to name but one or two people who I would even question enough to write on a list and even then one of them would be a very hard to say I thought a slight maybe but I would. 12 people would be impossible as I moved though my contancts and friends.

Not saying I think they are hiding anything but wondering what happened.

Keep in mind that these people are not necessarily personal friends. LE would ask them about any contacts - maybe a grocery store clerk who made a point out of telling the mom how gorgeous the baby is - that sort of thing. They are not "suspects", they are people who need to be questioned. It is beyond unlikely that the (fictional) grocery clerk had anything to do with this, but on the other hand - we have all heard of cases when a random contact causes a criminal to target the victim. It's a place to start, anyway.

~n/t~
10-07-2011, 09:30 AM
I'm all over the place .....I want to believe the parents and I've seen what LE has done to find Baby Lisa so I'm at a loss as to what the truth is and why it suddenly fell apart.

In the meantime, there is a sick baby girl out there in shorts and tshirt who is still missing.

Shelby1
10-07-2011, 09:31 AM
Lisa Irwin Timeline

Monday October 3, 2011

Abducted by intruder through bedroom window. Far right window of house.

UPDATE—according to police spokesman window may not be correct.

3620 block of North Lister 64117

CORRECTION TO ABOVE GIVEN BY JEREMY IN PHONE INTERVIEW 10-6-2011

Lisa in bed at 7:30 p.m. Debbie in bed at 10:30 after checking on Lisa. 5 year old son slept with Debbie in parents room. Point of entry by abductor was unlocked front door, window mentioned earlier was NOT tampered with.

UPDATE 10-6-11 3 cell phones also taken. One does not even work. Also, dad came home to find front door unlocked, most of the lights on and front window open.

Jeremy Irwin, Lisa’s father, told local media that whoever took his daughter also took all three of their cell phones so they couldn’t call anybody, including 911.

Read more: http://www.kansascity.com/2011/10/06/3190568/cell-phones-taken-along-with-missing.html#ixzz1a1QJj8XG (http://www.kansascity.com/2011/10/06/3190568/cell-phones-taken-along-with-missing.html#ixzz1a1QJj8XG)

~one of the cell phones did not work.. all three were on the counter and she was in the midst of reprogramming them/putting numbers into them

~phones were gone

~she did not notice if anything else was taken.. all she cares about is that the baby was gone.

~she grabbed the boys and went out into the yard and flagged down LE when they pulled into the yard

~she said nothing else appeared to be missing but she does not know

(thank you NBM)

__________________________________________________ ___________________

Other two sons asleep in different bedrooms. (sons are half brothers to Lisa-the 6 year old is Debbie’s and the 8 year old is Jeremy’s from previous relationships.)

Father is electrician that works nights. This night was the first night he EVER worked at night.--Jeremy

Mother is a SAHM--Debbie

Monday October 3, 2011 10:00 p.m. Last seen in crib wearing purple shorts and purple shirt with white kittens on it.

**Possibly seen by Mr. Parscale (a man that lives in the area) according to his wife Lisa around 12:00 a.m. Tuesday wearing only a diaper being carried by a male. Quote from Lisa--“He seen the guy act like he was going to go into a residence,” Parscale said, “but then my husband drove off so we’re thinking that maybe he was just doing that so that my husband would leave.”

**Parscale says her husband saw the man walking on a street perpendicular to North Lister, where Lisa Irwin lives with her parents and brothers.

Tuesday October 4, 2011 3:30 a.m. (first report stated it was 4:00 a.m.) Father returns home from work and discovered baby missing from crib.

UPDATE at 2:00 p.m. October 4 presser Capt. Steve Young speaking—Parents’ story has no holes. Looking into neighbor that possibly saw Lisa being carried by the male. No suspects other than neighbor sighting.

Tuesday October 4, 2011 approx. 7:00 p.m. amber alert cancelled. Lisa is considered a MISSING/ENDANGERED JUVENILE. Per police the alert has served it’s purpose. Police and dogs will search for a while into the night.

*** Tuesday night authorities searched a van and car at the home. There is no word on what police found or were looking for. Officers searching for the child focused on areas near the family's home such as railroad tracks near the north side of the Missouri River and a wooded area behind the home. http://www.fox4kc.com/news/wdaf-authorities-continue-search-for-missing-baby-20111005,0,6273053.story

Tuesday 9:25 p.m.

Mass exodus of police from the command center. Looks like K-9's are finished searching for the night. Police search will continue in AM
by cliffjudy via twitter (http://twitter.com/CliffJudy/status/121410556468015104) 9:25 P

**family stayed with relatives after being questioned until 10:30 p.m.

Wednesday October 5, 2011

9:00 a.m. press conference Capt. Steve Young speaking—basically no new information. Still searching with dogs, however there have been no hits. Parents not ruled out, but also not suspects. Very cooperative.

** KMBC's Jana Corrie: Children who were also inside the home at the time of the disappearance staying with neighbors

Read more: http://livewire.kmbc.com/Event/Live_Blog_Amber_Alert_Issued_For_Missing_10-Month-Old#ixzz1ZvPzisbv (http://livewire.kmbc.com/Event/Live_Blog_Amber_Alert_Issued_For_Missing_10-Month-Old#ixzz1ZvPzisbv)

**conflicting reports…unless the Grandparents are being referred to as “neighbors”

NBC Action News reporter Sloane Heller reports Lisa’s grandparents are watching the couple’s other children and have not been able to reach them since earlier Tuesday.

Read more: http://www.nbcactionnews.com/dpp/news/region_missouri/northland/police-ruling-nothing-out-in-search-for-lisa-irwin#ixzz1ZvXO4Yxz (http://www.nbcactionnews.com/dpp/news/region_missouri/northland/police-ruling-nothing-out-in-search-for-lisa-irwin#ixzz1ZvXO4Yxz)

Next news conference sometime this afternoon.

2:00 news conference—Jeremy spoke with Deborah (Bradley?) by his side. Begged for baby to be dropped off somewhere safe. The brothers are waiting to see their sister. Declined to take questions.

Again, Capt. Has no leads, not ruling out anything. 300 knocks and searches. 46 tips. No ransom note. Family is free to go where they would like. Family does not want to be at house.

**Alleged sighting of Lisa with a middle aged white male and female at a Love’s gas station in St. Joseph, MO I-29 and US HWY 169. Driving older model SUV. Article came out around 5:15 p.m. Surveillance video has been turned over to LE. Police say it doesn’t seem to be a major lead.

Thursday October 6, 2011

**Jeremy and Debbie provided LE with a list of 9 names of people that could be possible suspects.

**Per Debbie regarding cell phones and possible other missing items:

~one of the cell phones did not work.. all three were on the counter and she was in the midst of reprogramming them/putting numbers into them

~phones were gone

~she did not notice if anything else was taken.. all she cares about is that the baby was gone.

~she grabbed the boys and went out into the yard and flagged down LE when they pulled into the yard

(thank you NBM)

http://livewire.kmbc.com/Event/Live_Blog_Amber_Alert_Issued_For_Missing_10-Month-Old

** police detectives are meeting early this morning to talk about where to search next.

**per Debbie, “Lisa is very sweet and will go to almost anybody.”

**per Jeremy, window was not tampered with, so perp (s) must have come in through unlocked front door.

**Lisa went to bed at 7:30 p.m. Debbie went to bed at 10:30 after checking on Lisa. 5 year old son slept with Debbie in parents room.

***Debbie and Jeremy have a heated discussion with LE before speeding off in police car to command center to find out about possible new lead. http://www.fox4kc.com/news/wdaf-lisa-irwin-parents-have-heated-discussion-with-police-20111006,0,5671503.story

**the list of suspects provided by the parents is now up to 12.

Capt. Young: "the mother and father no longer want to cooperate with detectives."

Read more: http://livewire.kmbc.com/Event/Live_Blog_Amber_Alert_Issued_For_Missing_10-Month-Old#ixzz1a391r9l4 (http://livewire.kmbc.com/Event/Live_Blog_Amber_Alert_Issued_For_Missing_10-Month-Old#ixzz1a391r9l4)

Originally Posted by BeanE file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Melissa/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/msohtml1/01/clip_image001.gif--thank you BeanE
Capt. Young: "There is no doubt they informed us that they no longer wish to cooperate with the investigation."
by Brian Foster - KMBC.com... 8:05 PM

Capt. Young: "We have no plans to close the command center yet, but it will close at some point."
by Brian Foster - KMBC.com... 8:04 PM

Capt. Young: "I don't have to illustrate how their lack of cooperation hurts the investigation."by Brian Foster - KMBC.com... 8:03 PM

Capt. Young: "I cannot get into the details of the investigation."
by Brian Foster - KMBC.com... 8:03 PM

Capt. Young: "the mother and father no longer want to cooperate with detectives."by Brian Foster - KMBC.com... 8:02 PM

Capt. Young: "We don't have any suspect. If we had enough to charge anyone with, we'd probably be pursuing charges."
by Brian Foster - KMBC.com... 8:02 PM

Capt. Young: "We don't have any suspects. From an investigative standpoint we've enjoyed their cooperation"

Capt. Young": The parents have intimate information as to what's been going on...our door is open and it doesn't help that they are no longer cooperating"

Capt. Young: "They've always been free and cooperative up until this point, but they've decided to stop cooperating"
by Brian Foster - KMBC.com... 8:01 PM

Capt. Steve Young: Mother and father of baby Lisa Irwin have stopped cooperating with police

http://livewire.kmbc.com/Event/Live_...#ixzz1a39rwETg (http://livewire.kmbc.com/Event/Live_Blog_Amber_Alert_Issued_For_Missing_10-Month-Old#ixzz1a39rwETg)

"This evening we will be shutting down the command post. We believe we have done all we can regarding geographic searches and will continue tracking leads as we get them or develop additional information," police Officer Darin Snapp said in a news release.

Read more: http://livewire.kmbc.com/Event/Live_Blog_Amber_Alert_Issued_For_Missing_10-Month-Old#ixzz1a3JybPqG (http://livewire.kmbc.com/Event/Live_Blog_Amber_Alert_Issued_For_Missing_10-Month-Old#ixzz1a3JybPqG)

Family statement: We saw the press conference at 7 PM, and we want you to know we have never stopped cooperating with police.
by Brian Foster - KMBC.com... 9:11 PM

Read more: http://livewire.kmbc.com/Event/Live_Blog_Amber_Alert_Issued_For_Missing_10-Month-Old#ixzz1a3m5ocP3 (http://livewire.kmbc.com/Event/Live_Blog_Amber_Alert_Issued_For_Missing_10-Month-Old#ixzz1a3m5ocP3)

Friday October 7, 2011

(thank you BeanE for gathering these)
#LisaIrwin's mom:We want to thank everybody who has helped us so far.
1 minute ago

#LisaIrwin's mom: we are not angry, we just want our daughter home, that's all we care about.
2 minutes ago

#LisaIrwin's mom: we appreciate everything the police dept. has done, we appreciate everything everybody has done.
2 minutes ago

#LisaIrwin mom: we don't know, which is why we need everybody to continue to look for her...because we want her home, we can't do this alone
21 seconds ago

#LisaIrwin's mom: "he's a good father and he's good to me and he loves her and everybody loves her, but no, there's no way." (about father)
38 seconds ago

#LisaIrwin's dad: hasn't taken polygraph but "if that's what it takes..."
3 minutes ago

#LisaIrwin's mom: "what do you say when someone tells you that and you know you didn't do anything."
4 minutes ago

#LisaIrwin's mom: volunteered to take polygraph, told failed. Says that's not possible.
4 minutes ago

#LisaIrwin's mom: We don't care what anybody thinks, we don't care what they think, our concern is to find Lisa, our Lisa.
5 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

#LisaIrwin's Mom: don't have hard feelings, not mad, this is what they (police) have to do.
5 minutes ago

#LisaIrwin's Mom: police really nice yesterday, not like that the first time.
6 minutes ago

**Debbie failed LDT. Jeremy has offered, but LE said it’s not necessary.

davehead21
10-07-2011, 09:32 AM
Keep in mind that these people are not necessarily personal friends. LE would ask them about any contacts - maybe a grocery store clerk who made a point out of telling the mom how gorgeous the baby is - that sort of thing. They are not "suspects", they are people who need to be questioned. It is beyond unlikely that the (fictional) grocery clerk had anything to do with this, but on the other hand - we have all heard of cases when a random contact causes a criminal to target the victim. It's a place to start, anyway.

It was also reported on Nightline last night that the list included utility workers, etc. that had recently been in the home.

I think people are taking it WAY too literally when they hear that the family has given a list of suspects. I think that these are the people you have described, service people who have been in the home, etc. I don't think the parents just started rambling off a dozen people who they think would harm their child.

nursebeeme
10-07-2011, 09:32 AM
Police say ground searches for baby Lisa are done for now - and maintaining her parents are not cooperating.
12 minutes ago · reply · retweet · favorite
We got to the hotel where Lisa Irwin's parents were talking to national news... Just as they slipped out the back, avoiding local media.
19 minutes ago · reply · retweet · favorite

http://www.kctv5.com/story/15612837/live-tweets-amber-alert-issued-for-missing-10-month-old-girl

illinialum
10-07-2011, 09:33 AM
Good morning ya'll!

Wow, I tried to catch up on these threads this morning and couldn't even come close! All the morning talk shows are talking about this case, so I listened up there. Two things I learned from the radio (sorry if #1 has already been posted...)

1. Radio talk show host said that Missouri does not save cell phone pings (or it's illegal to get cell phone pings) and that's why the police are having trouble finding the phones. I guess in Kansas it is legal to get pings. I've never heard this before!

2. A caller called into a different morning show and said her co-worker knows JI and then said a somewhat vague rumor. Mods, is it okay to print a rumor as long as we say it is a rumor?

luvbeaches
10-07-2011, 09:34 AM
On our local news they just reported the family will no longer talk to the local media, only the national media. Something is fishy here.

Jayarre
10-07-2011, 09:35 AM
Instead of going on all the TV shows claiming their willingness to co-operate with LE..why not just show up at police headquarters and talk to the police.

luckyme
10-07-2011, 09:37 AM
Good morning ya'll!

Wow, I tried to catch up on these threads this morning and couldn't even come close! All the morning talk shows are talking about this case, so I listened up there. Two things I learned from the radio (sorry if #1 has already been posted...)

1. Radio talk show host said that Missouri does not save cell phone pings (or it's illegal to get cell phone pings) and that's why the police are having trouble finding the phones. I guess in Kansas it is legal to get pings. I've never heard this before!

2. A caller called into a different morning show and said her co-worker knows JI and then said a somewhat vague rumor. Mods, is it okay to print a rumor as long as we say it is a rumor?

But what about the girl who was abducted from target? I think last name was smith. Wasnt she from mo? and didnt they track her cell phone? or have i forgotten?

Shelby1
10-07-2011, 09:38 AM
Good morning ya'll!

Hmmm....well as to #1 I know they have to get a subpoena, but I don't think it's illegal. Remember the girl that went missing from Target and then was found (dead unfortunately) in MO....I'm pretty sure they found her by using the pings.

hollye
10-07-2011, 09:39 AM
On our local news they just reported the family will no longer talk to the local media, only the national media. Something is fishy here.

Weird, why could they possibly want to do that? Maybe they feel they will cover more bases that way? I don't get it.

Shelby1
But what about the girl who was abducted from target? I think last name was smith. Wasnt she from mo? and didnt they track her cell phone? or have i forgotten?

LOL we thought alike!

waltzingmatilda
I'm all over the place .....I want to believe the parents and I've seen what LE has done to find Baby Lisa so I'm at a loss as to what the truth is and why it suddenly fell apart.

In the meantime, there is a sick baby girl out there in shorts and tshirt who is still missing.

I know what you mean ~n/t~. I am so worried about little Pumpkin Pie. I wonder if she has her binky and clean diapers and a bottle of formula. I feel frantic and cannot imagine how helpless her Mom feels.

One thing that impressed me about the parents' interview on Today is that they continued to call Lisa by name and personalize her in their pleas. Quite a contrast to Ron cummings who always referred to Haleigh as 'my daughter'.

MOO

wm

davehead21
10-07-2011, 09:41 AM

Kelsey Smith was from Kansas and it took her cell company (Verizon) three days to turn over the records. Her body was found very shortly after that, I think an hour or so. I believe her parents were instrumental in changing the law in KS.

Daisyjane
10-07-2011, 09:41 AM
http://www.kctv5.com/story/15612837/live-tweets-amber-alert-issued-for-missing-10-month-old-girl

Thanks for providing us this twitter link; it will be very helpful as things seem to be heating up rapidly.

No more ground searches? Isn't it awfully early to give up? Or do you think the police are saying that as a strong-arm tactic to frighten the parents?

nursebeeme
10-07-2011, 09:43 AM
I did a little bit of research on cell pings in MO and KS

Kelsey Smith's parents are activists for this cause they even have a "kelsey smith law" that can be passed in states
Kelsey Smith went missing from Overland park, KS but her body was found in MO due to cell phone pings...

http://www.kmbc.com/r/13453443/detail.html
http://www.kmbc.com/r/18664245/detail.html

luckyme
10-07-2011, 09:43 AM
LOL we thought alike!

Yes!!! and didnt her cellphone go dead after a while. but they were searching in the right area.

Jayarre
10-07-2011, 09:45 AM
Thanks for providing us this twitter link; it will be very helpful as things seem to be heating up rapidly.

No more ground searches? Isn't it awfully early to give up? Or do you think the police are saying that as a strong-arm tactic to frighten the parents?

They've done the woods 3 times..talked to the neighbors and looked through their houses..where do the search next ? Without further info they have no place to go....MOO

Shelby1
10-07-2011, 09:45 AM
Yes!!! and didnt her cellphone go dead after a while. but they were searching in the right area.

Exactly.

nursebeeme
10-07-2011, 09:46 AM

I think they are done with the immediate area surrounding the house.. I don't think it has anything to do with the parents and the debacle that happened last night:twocents:

LadyPirate
Going way back to the beginning, whatever happened to the story the neighbor told about seeing a man with a baby around midnight? Was that discounted, was it just something the neighbor imagined or made up? Nothing ever came of that or I haven't seen anything posted about it.

Also, when is the FBI normally called into these cases? Are they called in when it's possible state lines have been crossed or is it for local cases also?

I'm new to all this, but I've already learned a lot, reading only this case.

Soulmagent

Thats probably on the advice of the Lawyer. I wouldnt talk to my local media either. Just look at Colorado City and their only local media.

This is not an absolute. Nor how I feel about every case but this one I do think it is for the best they dont talk to local media .

TxLady2
10-07-2011, 09:47 AM
All they had to do was be up front and honest with LE about that and you I'm sure LE would have understood and given them some space. Look I was the first person backing these parents but not now. This case is stinking really bad now. I won't be fooled again. Anything can be explained away but when one has to explain away everything. Houston we have a problem.

I just won't post anymore.

BBM: That's not exactly true, either. They could be telling the truth, but LE doesn't believe them for some reason, or they're determined to pin it on somebody and have no other leads. I'm usually a defender of LE but I do know their tactics and some of them are too focused on "solving" a case rather than finding out the truth. They are not always understanding and they are not always right.

Just-a-Guy
10-07-2011, 09:49 AM
Well I guess this is the result of the failure to "cooperate" and the "National Media" deal:

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/44813949/ns/today-today_people/

luckyme
10-07-2011, 09:50 AM
BBM: That's not exactly true, either. They could be telling the truth, but LE doesn't believe them for some reason, or they're determined to pin it on somebody and have no other leads. I'm usually a defender of LE but I do know their tactics and some of them are too focused on "solving" a case rather than finding out the truth. They are not always understanding and they are not always right.

That is very true! ive been there. In the end it all worked out, but it was very frustrating. moo

annalia
10-07-2011, 09:50 AM
What a strange turn of events since yesterday.

Even with the police statement about the family not cooperating, I'm not quite ready to say it proves their involvement. It could be possible that it was out of sheer frustration, being emotionally drained. If the parents are innocent, the emotional roller coaster they must be on would be overwhelming, then on top of it if police maybe pointing fingers at them, they have media cameras all over them, there would have to be a breaking point for someone not used to the media spotlight or police questioning.

The lights being on in the house still leaves puzzled though, how would a stranger know whether or not lights on meant someone in the house was still awake?

Mojen
10-07-2011, 09:52 AM
In da Middle and anyone else local ~ Have you seen any missing posters posted or anyone handing out flyers? This is so unusual to me that I haven't seen nor heard of anything being distributed.

I am about 20 minutes South of their home and I have not seen any fliers.

I went to the grocery store yesterday and saw several people take second looks at baby girls that were in the store, though.

I know several KCPD officers and like them as people; but I do not like them coming out and putting the parents on blast for not cooperating because they wanted to take a break.

BeanE
10-07-2011, 09:53 AM
BonyenKCTV5 Bonyen Lee
Police say ground searches for baby Lisa are done for now - and maintaining her parents are not cooperating.
21 minutes ago Favorite Undo Retweet Reply

We got to the hotel where Lisa Irwin's parents were talking to national news... Just as they slipped out the back, avoiding local media.
28 minutes ago

#LisaIrwin 's parents are now only speaking with National media. We'll have more on this case throughout the morning.
30 minutes ago

FairM
10-07-2011, 09:53 AM
Going way back to the beginning, whatever happened to the story the neighbor told about seeing a man with a baby around midnight? Was that discounted, was it just something the neighbor imagined or made up? Nothing ever came of that or I haven't seen anything posted about it.

Also, when is the FBI normally called into these cases? Are they called in when it's possible state lines have been crossed or is it for local cases also?

I thought the FBI had jursidiction where it is a kidnapping?

luckyme
10-07-2011, 09:54 AM
Exactly.

The batteries on those cell phones are in danger of going dead. If they were charged at all. moo

peeples
10-07-2011, 09:55 AM
I thought the FBI had jursidiction where it is a kidnapping?

there is no way to prove it's a kidnapping yet though with no ransom note or anything

Mandy113

I'm still new to this too & I would like to know the same things.

Also, has there been any information released about the the family's activities on the day Lisa went missing? What time her father went to work? Did her brothers go to school? Did Mom & Lisa meet the school bus? Just the normal routine of the day. I guess I'm just nosy.

I have no idea what to believe happened here. I just want baby Lisa found safe & unharmed. Any mention of a reward yet? I don't know that it would help. It just seems there always is talk of a reward.

JMHO

Celeste

I just can't believe that they wouldn't want him to take a poly. Not with the suspicion cast firmly on these parents. I just don't believe him. And that makes me doubt everything they are saying regarding mom's polygraph test.

Soulmagent
10-07-2011, 09:57 AM

You would have thought that a composite sketch would have been made of the man and the baby. If they hadnt already located the man.

annalia
I'm still new to this too & I would like to know the same things.

Also, has there been any information released about the the family's activities on the day Lisa went missing? What time her father went to work? Did her brothers go to school? Did Mom & Lisa meet the school bus? Just the normal routine of the day. I guess I'm just nosy.

I have no idea what to believe happened here. I just want baby Lisa found safe & unharmed. Any mention of a reward yet? I don't know that it would help. It just seems there always is talk of a reward.

JMHO

They may not have the money for a reward just yet.

JMHO

vasportsmom
I don't know what to think about everything that is going on now but I suspect it has a lot to do with miscommunication and a combination of stress (both sides), one or more overzealous detectives and a set of very fragile parents thrown in for good measure. I'm not surprised that tempers are starting to flare and egos are beginning to show but for the sake of baby Lisa I hope both sides are able to put those things aside and come back together.

For now, I am going to stick with giving the parents the benefit of the doubt. If I'm wrong no harm, no foul. Nobody is counting on me to be right and if I were in their place I know I would want the same. I'd rather think they are innoncent and be wrong than go public with my belif that I think they are guilty, dissect their life for their boys to one day find and then turn out to be wrong.

ETA: I know this is a sleuthing board and to some degree the purpose is to do exactly what I said I am not going to do. In fact my approach to the Baby A thread has been completely different. I can't help but think her parent(s) are guilty and I am angry with them in a way that has caused me to step away from that thread many times. In this case I just really feel this abduction was very personal. There is something so blatant and "look how easy it was" about it that makes me think that the answer lies very close to home, an ex or an extended family member/close friend that doesn't think they deserve the baby or the happiness together.

ETA2: I've read posts this morning that have made me cringe and hurt for the parents but I'll keep reading because I don't want to become so blinded by "my side" that I miss the obvious if it is there. I just hope we can keep the thread peaceful and respectful as it has been thus far. I also wish some of the 97 guests reading would register and add their thoughts to the mix before the rest of us talk each other to death, lol.

BeanE
10-07-2011, 09:58 AM
In this video, reporter tries to talk to Jeremy and another relative says they have a deal with the networks, so no interview. The reporter is a local reporter.

http://www.kwch.com/wdaf-lisa-irwin-no-new-clues-in-search-for-missing-baby-20111006,0,7884930.story

peeples
10-07-2011, 09:58 AM
With Hailey Dunn, they poly'd everyone around her EXCEPT her father Clint.. they always maintained it wasn't necessary even though he stated on nancy grace he'd take one

luckyme
10-07-2011, 10:00 AM
With Hailey Dunn, they poly'd everyone around her EXCEPT her father Clint.. they always maintained it wasn't necessary even though he stated on nancy grace he'd take one

I never followed that case up close. just checked in. Did her mom pass the polly?

lne1970
10-07-2011, 10:01 AM
Sorry haven't read through all threads, but wasn't there something in the beginning about the parents providing a few names of people that LE should look at? I guess people that might have something against them? I wonder if they owe money to someone. Maybe Dad has a gambling problem and owes a bookie, maybe a drug thing.....and it could be that the wife is unaware. Therefore, yes, someone took her and he probably knows why and who, but is just playing along with the "someone took her" theory and not going beyond that......Just thinking outloud.

peeples
10-07-2011, 10:01 AM
Am in the CST and they are getting ready to re-air the today show interview with Lisa's parents again

Marah
10-07-2011, 10:02 AM
I think the reason we aren't seeing them at search centers and hanging up posters as they have been being questioned hours on end by the police. The mom said so this morning. I probably would fail a polygraph too if my LO was missing. She is distraught, exhausted and stressed. I think she thinks the best thing to do was to sit with the police and talk. She is/was being very cooperative.

peeples
10-07-2011, 10:03 AM
I never followed that case up close. just checked in. Did her mom pass the polly?

It was a cluster fluck, people saying they were told they didn't pass poly's LE saying we never told them if they passed or not, some people given poly's multiple times till they did pass, people walking out during the polys and on and on...
I don't know that there was ever a clear answer on whether Billie passed or not

lonetraveler
10-07-2011, 10:03 AM
Well, after following countless missing child cases I have this opinion and I know that some people will not agree but I believe that the parents of this tiny baby need to get off the TV sound stages and take themselves into the Police Department and ask the LE what else do you need, I'm here to help you as long as it takes. Irwin needs to take a LDT too. I say, "Stay off the media talk shows" and get back to the people who are trying to find this baby. LE has to be tough, they do not have time to coddle and babysit the parents. We have seen way too many cases where at least one of the parents were involved in some way with the disappearance of the missing child. I'm not really interested that the parents may have had their feelings hurt. To me that doesn't need to take center stage. This baby needs to be found. Period.

Marah
10-07-2011, 10:04 AM
They've done the woods 3 times..talked to the neighbors and looked through their houses..where do the search next ? Without further info they have no place to go....MOO

I am really sad to say but I hope they have searched freezers and places like that.

heartfortruth
10-07-2011, 10:04 AM
I am about 20 minutes South of their home and I have not seen any fliers.

I went to the grocery store yesterday and saw several people take second looks at baby girls that were in the store, though.

I know several KCPD officers and like them as people; but I do not like them coming out and putting the parents on blast for not cooperating because they wanted to take a break.

I dunno......."Take a break"? Can't imagine taking a break from finding my missing baby especially when I ask others to "keep searching". Maybe I misunderstood your point or exactly what the parents meant as there are lots of gaps in the information.
.... guess we all handle problems differently.

illinialum
10-07-2011, 10:07 AM
They have without a Chief since 9/16....anyone know who is the Active Chief for now, is it Cpt. Young?

Sorry if this has been answered -- I'm at work and trying to somewhat catch up -- but this is from kcpd.org:

Cheryl Rose named interim chief of police

Deputy Chief Cheryl Rose was sworn in as interim chief of police of the Kansas City Missouri Police Department on Sept. 19, 2011. She is a 24-year veteran of the department and was previously assigned as commander of the Administration Bureau. Interim Chief Rose will serve until the Board of Police Commissioners selects a permanent replacement for Chief James Corwin, who retired Sept. 16.

Celeste
10-07-2011, 10:08 AM

Wow. Okay, so I guess that happens. Well, that just makes no sense to me. If they are leaving no stone unturned, then shouldn't they be trying to establish the truthfulness of ALL parties, especially the main players?
Unless this is true:

There is speculation that the police are trying to pit the parents against one another to determine if one of them had anything to do with their daughter’s disappearance, which occurred in the early hours of Tuesday morning.
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/44813949/ns/today-today_people/#.To8FSd7tso0

Gosh, I just don't even know what to think anymore! What an awful situation...

nursebeeme
http://www.kmbc.com/video/29415510/detail.html

transcription from above interview (not entire portion just the part with "gaps")

R: The police have accused you outright? They told you that?

D: From the start they've ummm.. when I first ummm... when they first questioned me ummmm... it.... once I couldn't fill in gaps it turned into ummm.. you did it and they uh put the picture down of her on the table and they said ummm look at your baby and do what's right for her and just tell everybody where she is so she can come home and I kept saying I don't know I don't know I don't know and it. I. uh uh 11 hours of it and I just sat there and I meanI didn't even ask to leave. I didn't ask for it to stop but I wanted it to but I didn't ask. I just let em keep asking questions until they were done

peeples
I dunno......."Take a break"? Can't imagine taking a break from finding my missing baby especially when I ask others to "keep searching". Maybe I misunderstood your point or exactly what the parents meant as there are lots of gaps in the information.

I understand what you're saying about taking a break from finding your child.. but if you're not eating, not staying hydrated and not getting some sleep, eventually your body and mind are going to give out

luvbeaches

That was Kelsey Smith. She was abducted from the Target in Overland Park, Kansas. LE was able to get access to her cell phone records and the ping locations helped locate her body. Sprint provided the info - but Verizon (I believe), Kelsey's cell phone company, dragged their feet in helping the police. Sprint owned the tower and Verizon used their tower. I remember there being a lot of outrage over this and I think there was legislation introduced to make it mandatory for the phone companies to cooperate with LE without them getting a court order. I am a bit sketchy on those details, and I don't know if the laws were changed.

OP, KS is about 20 minutes outside of KC, which is why you probably remember the MO part of it.

daisy7
10-07-2011, 10:09 AM
Am in the CST and they are getting ready to re-air the today show interview with Lisa's parents again

Just watched it and it wasn't the whole interview:( I am really puzzled by the Today Show. They have a video on their site, but it's the interview from yesterday :confused:

Mandy113
10-07-2011, 10:09 AM
I can't possibly understand what these parents are going through at this time. It just comes down to 2 options for me.

1. They are getting some very bad advice (legal or otherwise) on how to handle this situation.
2. They are not being totally truthful with LE.

It bothers me they are restricting their interviews to the National media. I would think you would want every single opportunity you could snag to get your child's face on tv and in the papers and beg people to help find her. I would think local media would be especially helpful with this.

JMHO

Melanie
10-07-2011, 10:10 AM
Well, after following countless missing child cases I have this opinion and I know that some people will not agree but I believe that the parents of this tiny baby need to get off the TV sound stages and take themselves into the Police Department and ask the LE what else do you need, I'm here to help you as long as it takes. Irwin needs to take a LDT too. I say, "Stay off the media talk shows" and get back to the people who are trying to find this baby. LE has to be tough, they do not have time to coddle and babysit the parents. We have seen way too many cases where at least one of the parents were involved in some way with the disappearance of the missing child. I'm not really interested that the parents may have had their feelings hurt. To me that doesn't need to take center stage. This baby needs to be found. Period.

Hi Lone,

I do believe they have been under questioning by LE for an extended period of time.

I am upset that mom/dad have walked away from LE:

"We were in interrogated for a really long time Tuesday there again, answering questions….I just couldn't take it anymore," Irwin told GMA. "I told them I had to have a break -- no more questions today. I asked to be let go, and they let me go from police station.

Does any parent need a BREAK when their child is missing? I don't care how inconvenient is for me, I would sit there for 24 hours if it meant helping find my chid. Break-Shmake...

However, if LE is grilling them on a "you did it" basis - that would get old very fast.

I just want this little baby found!!

Mel

Source: http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2011/10/parents-missing-baby-lisa-no-longer-talking-cops

AnonymousD
Ugh! I'm so frustrated and sad for this precious baby. I want it all to STOP. LE and the parents need to get over themselves and do what needs to be done to find her. Every second counts in a missing child case. There is no time for bickering and pointing fingers.

Find her! :banghead:

I so terribly agree.

I feel like we've gone from "Find Lisa!"

to

"They aren't cooperating."

"YES we are!"

"Yes we are!"

Ugh. Please! Stop this & let's look for that baby!! :maddening:

nursebeeme
Just watched it and it wasn't the whole interview:( I am really puzzled by the Today Show. They have a video on their site, but it's the interview from yesterday :confused:

try this one daisy:crazy:

Celeste
Sorry haven't read through all threads, but wasn't there something in the beginning about the parents providing a few names of people that LE should look at? I guess people that might have something against them? I wonder if they owe money to someone. Maybe Dad has a gambling problem and owes a bookie, maybe a drug thing.....and it could be that the wife is unaware. Therefore, yes, someone took her and he probably knows why and who, but is just playing along with the "someone took her" theory and not going beyond that......Just thinking outloud.

Yeah, that's the kind of scenario that pops into my mind when LE talks about them having "intimate knowledge" of what happened.

Mojen
10-07-2011, 10:13 AM

The "take a break" request came from dad after being questioned for 11 hours.

I have no idea how I would handle myself in this situation. Thankfully, I haven't been in one even remotely close in circumstance.

CN2Souls
10-07-2011, 10:14 AM
Am I blind today!!!:banghead:

Watched video after video did NOT see floor plan,

Can someone do a screen Cap?

FairM
10-07-2011, 10:15 AM
The "take a break" request came from dad after being questioned for 11 hours.

I have no idea how I would handle myself in this situation. Thankfully, I haven't been in one even remotely close in circumstance.

11 hours? surely he is entitled to take a break after that length of questioning and not be expected to be critisised for it?

JeannaT
10-07-2011, 10:15 AM
This is just so sad. I don't think for a minute either parent knows what happened to that dear baby, and now LE is turning on them.

After hours of questioning, they've said all they know. They've said it all. After that, the point of questioning is to break them, or get them to contradict earlier answers. Not to get factual information that will help out. It's to break them.

I'm sure if police get a tip or some other idea comes to mind that they need answers with, the parents will be happy to cooperate. But not for hours of going over the same stuff they've already answered.

MaciBean
10-07-2011, 10:16 AM
I can't possibly understand what these parents are going through at this time. It just comes down to 2 options for me.

1. They are getting some very bad advice (legal or otherwise) on how to handle this situation.
2. They are not being totally truthful with LE.

It bothers me they are restricting their interviews to the National media. I would think you would want every single opportunity you could snag to get your child's face on tv and in the papers and beg people to help find her. I would think local media would be especially helpful with this.

JMHO
How many people watch Kansas City news? I live in Kansas and I don't get KC stations. If they only talk to national media, that gets their story to EVERYONE.

luvbeaches
10-07-2011, 10:16 AM
Weird, why could they possibly want to do that? Maybe they feel they will cover more bases that way? I don't get it.

It is weird. I think LE knows a lot more than they are disclosing to the general public. There a lot of weird things that supposedly went on the night Lisa went missing.

pip
10-07-2011, 10:17 AM
I don't think that LE telling her she failed the poly is necessarily the truth or even the point of the strategy. I think they had her take one and not him so they would begin to look at each other. If there are any doubts about one another this will get the ball rolling to ferret out those doubts. Whether they/or one of them are involved or not, LE has to investigate everything and everyone, leaving no stones unturned. Until LE can clear them, they are suspects.

waltzingmatilda
10-07-2011, 10:17 AM

You aren't blind CN2Souls! Today show hasn't posted the video from this am yet for some reason.:crazy:

wm

MaciBean
10-07-2011, 10:18 AM
Okay, I think we've established that we're pretty much divided over who is responsible. Let's start sleuthing. Where would we look if our child was missing? What would we do next? What CAN we do to help???

Jayarre
How many people watch Kansas City news? I live in Kansas and I don't get KC stations. If they only talk to national media, that gets their story to EVERYONE.

But why not utilize all sources ?

blazelet
Have been following this case, just want to say I hope they find this little girl soon. Heart is broken for her.

What usually happens in cases where little children disappear like this from their homes? It happened recently in CA and turned out it was the grandmother, right?

CarrieBean

After watching Mom again here I just have a hard time believing she had anything to do with it. It looks to me like her mind is racing. She's a mess.

luvbeaches
10-07-2011, 10:19 AM
another thought - why were all the lights on? why would an intruder put lights on and draw attention to him/herself? why didnt that wake anyone up in the house?

That's a very good question. There is just a lot of odd things going on. And the cell phones. That's just strange.

AreYouSerious
Hmmm....well as to #1 I know they have to get a subpoena, but I don't think it's illegal. Remember the girl that went missing from Target and then was found (dead unfortunately) in MO....I'm pretty sure they found her by using the pings.

BBM

I believe that was in Kansas, not MO. I could totally be wrong about that, and I have no clue about if it's illegal in MO or not...

illinialum

Sorry if this was already answered (still working and catching up), but I think that girl was taken from OVerland Park, Kansas. It's next to Kansas City, Mo., but just over state lines.

Mojen
10-07-2011, 10:20 AM

You might try www.thekansascitychannel.com or www.nbcactionnews.com for a floor plan.

I saw one this morning, but I was flipping back and forth between those two channels and am not sure which one I saw it on.

MaciBean
10-07-2011, 10:21 AM
That mother looks like she is literally running on empty. A national media interview is what I would do too.

luckyme
10-07-2011, 10:21 AM
BBM

I believe that was in Kansas, not MO. I could totally be wrong about that, and I have no clue about if it's illegal in MO or not...

Her body was dumped in mo. They found it by the pings. but it took a while for phone co to release data. I think nurse posted a link up thread. her parents got a law passed. moo

wfgodot
10-07-2011, 10:22 AM
Sorry if this was already answered (still working and catching up), but I think that girl was taken from OVerland Park, Kansas. It's next to Kansas City, Mo., but just over state lines.

Yes, Kelsy Smith was taken from OP, the Target store behind Oak Park Mall.

waltzingmatilda
Here's the video from Today

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/44813949/ns/today-today_people/t/father-missing-baby-i-reached-my-boiling-point/

JeannaT
Have been following this case, just want to say I hope they find this little girl soon. Heart is broken for her.

What usually happens in cases where little children disappear like this from their homes? It happened recently in CA and turned out it was the grandmother, right?

I read a stat on this case yesterday that was fascinating. Of the 287 (I think that was the number) cases of infant abductions out of homes, all were returned safely except like 17.

Startling. People don't steal nonfamily infants to hurt them.

Clock's Tickin
10-07-2011, 10:23 AM

$$$$$

daisy7
10-07-2011, 10:23 AM

That's the GMA one. But, here is part of the Today Show one from the local NBC station. But, you can't hear the interviewer questions??

http://www.nbcactionnews.com/dpp/news/region_missouri/northland/lisa-irwins-parents-to-speak-with-today-show

chieftess
10-07-2011, 10:24 AM
Today Show

Father of missing baby: 'I reached my boiling point'
Jeremy Irwin took a 'break' from police investigation as police say mother failed polygraph

The baby's parents, Jeremy Irwin and Deborah Bradley, responded on TODAY Friday.

“We were at the station yesterday being interviewed again, and I just had reached my boiling point and asked them, ‘Guys, I can’t do this anymore today, I need a break, (and) I can’t answer any more questions,’’’ Jeremy Irwin told Matt Lauer. “The next thing we knew was the press conference yesterday. We want to make sure that we tell everybody that we’re still cooperating, we’re still talking to police, (and) we’re still doing everything we can to try to find Lisa and bring her back home.’’

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/44813949/ns/today-today_people/t/father-missing-baby-i-reached-my-boiling-point/#.To7zG5sg_UA

BBM- I wonder if in the stress of the moment, the dad maybe did not use the word today. The LE would then consider this to mean that cooperation had ended.
After hearing the LE press conference, and I'm sure with lawyer's advice, made sure that during interviews this morning..that important word was used?? JMHO

daisy7
10-07-2011, 10:25 AM

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/44813949/ns/today-today_people/t/father-missing-baby-i-reached-my-boiling-point/

Thank you!!!

Celeste
10-07-2011, 10:26 AM
Sigh. After so many recent cases where the "grieving" parents are later found to be the guilty party, I'm afraid that all parents are considered guilty until proven innocent.
I know this is true among the public at large, but now it seems that for LE as well, the parents' guilt is a foregone conclusion.
At this point, unless I misunderstand, mom cannot be cleared because she has no alibi, because she's a SAHM who was at home taking care of her 3 kids. And because she cannot be cleared, LE's investigation is at an impasse? Awful! (I really hope that mine is an oversimplified and ignorant analysis of the situation.)

liltexans
10-07-2011, 10:26 AM
Okay, I think we've established that we're pretty much divided over who is responsible. Let's start sleuthing. Where would we look if our child was missing? What would we do next? What CAN we do to help???

Has anyone posted a map showing the location of the RSOs in baby Lisa's neighborhood or zip code? That's one place to start looking.

Clock's Tickin
10-07-2011, 10:27 AM
I read a stat on this case yesterday that was fascinating. Of the 287 (I think that was the number) cases of infant abductions out of homes, all were returned safely except like 17.

Startling. People don't steal nonfamily infants to hurt them.

Still trying to find stats, but usuall in our country it seems people who take babies do it because they want the baby---can't find any local references to ransoms, sellings, or even killings. Baby killings are usually family.

mrye4709
What else could it mean? They responded to the media that they wouldn't speak to them anymore tonight because there was a deal made. I'm guessing they will give more tv interviews tomorrow. Probably with a statement provided by their lawyer. My guess is they will announce they never stopped cooperating with the LE so that everyone knows their side of the story??

Now I wonder if they got paid for their appearances so far? Call me a skeptic, but they do a few major network interviews and now they can hire a lawyer?? :waitasec:

Maybe a network is offering to put up a reward for Lisa's return in exchange for exclusive interviews.

TxLady2
I just can't believe that they wouldn't want him to take a poly. Not with the suspicion cast firmly on these parents. I just don't believe him. And that makes me doubt everything they are saying regarding mom's polygraph test.

If it was proved that he was at work and has a solid alibi, they may not think it's necessary for him to take a polygraph.
I don't doubt the mom's story of them telling her she failed. That's a scare tactic, sometimes it works, other times it doesn't. LDT's are not admissible in court anyway, they are merely an investigative tool. And no one can be forced to take a LDT, it is entirely voluntary. Plus as someone else mentioned, it can be inconclusive and still not mean they failed.
IMO, putting a distraught parent through hours and hours of interrogation is not always to their advantage. It will often cause the parents to clam up and stop cooperating and they are less likely to open up and admit anything if they are guilty. And if they're innocent, it just puts a bad light on LE and makes them look like bullies.

Mandy113
10-07-2011, 10:28 AM
$$$$$

Do we know for a fact there is a "media deal"? And if so, the parents would be paid for interviews?

Honestly, I don't know how these things work. I'm just thinking if that's the case ... there's a good source of funds for a reward if no other money was available.

(I dont' mean to harp on the reward issue but isn't there ALWAYS a reward offered in missing children cases? Why not this one?)

mck16
10-07-2011, 10:29 AM
Sigh. After so many recent cases where the "grieving" parents are later found to be the guilty party, I'm afraid that all parents are considered guilty until proven innocent.
I know this is true among the public at large, but now it seems that for LE as well, the parents' guilt is a foregone conclusion.
At this point, unless I misunderstand, mom cannot be cleared because she has no alibi, because she's a SAHM who was at home taking care of her 3 kids. And because she cannot be cleared, LE's investigation is at an impasse? Awful! (I really hope that mine is an oversimplified and ignorant analysis of the situation.)

I thought it was reported that she did not pass the poly. Is this not true. tia

saba
BBM- I wonder if in the stress of the moment, the dad maybe did not use the word today. The LE would then consider this to mean that cooperation had ended.
After hearing the LE press conference, and I'm sure with lawyer's advice, made sure that during interviews this morning..that important word was used?? JMHO

I agree. I just don't think LE would have come out publicly if someone said they needed a break, or enough for today etc. Sounds like dad is trying to walk back an emotional outburst.

waltzingmatilda
This video with Peter Alexander is the one that shows the floor plan of the home. it's around the 3 minute mark.

waltzingmatilda
10-07-2011, 10:31 AM
Thank you!!!

daisy, see my post #377 for the vid with the floor plan of the home.

Well lemme try this link again:crazy:

wm

nursebeeme
That's the GMA one. But, here is part of the Today Show one from the local NBC station. But, you can't hear the interviewer questions??

http://www.nbcactionnews.com/dpp/news/region_missouri/northland/lisa-irwins-parents-to-speak-with-today-show

wow... ya think I would know my gma from my ts from my fandf by now LOLOLOLOLOL:rocker:

luckyme

The police told mom she failed. and mom told news station. moo

essies
10-07-2011, 10:32 AM
I don't understand why there are no missing posters out for Lisa!! Her FB page has downloadable posters available to anyone who cares to do so!!:banghead:

JeannaT
10-07-2011, 10:33 AM

I hope today LE comes out and apologizes for saying they're not cooperating. That kind of thing can turn the volunteer force off, and taint the public forever in thinking they're uncooperative. : ( I just cry for them.

hollye
10-07-2011, 10:33 AM
This video with Peter Alexander is the one that shows the floor plan of the home. it's around the 3 minute mark.

Where is the interview with Peter Alexander? I am only finding the one with Matt Lauer and there is not a floor plan at the 3 minute mark. Thanks!

illinialum
10-07-2011, 10:34 AM
Two things I've been thinking about:

1. I haven't seen any Missing Persons posters. But, I live about 20-30 minutes away. Even though I'm still KCMO, 20-30 minutes is pretty far. There might be more missing persons posters closer. I wonder what JI and DB's support system is like. If they don't have a lot of close friends, they may have trouble finding people to hang posters. Idk. I don't have a printer, otherwise I would print some myself and hang them.

2. I told my mother and fiance a recap about this case last night. Neither knew anything about it besides what I told them. (Mom lives in another state). They both independently came up with the same conclusion: Maybe the mom accidentally dropped or hurt the baby and freaked out and the dad helped her cover it up.I don't think this is the case, but I think it was interesting that both came to the same conclusion.

Celeste
10-07-2011, 10:34 AM
If it was proved that he was at work and has a solid alibi, they may not think it's necessary for him to take a polygraph.

Maybe that's what they're thinking, but I'm just frustrated because, you know, just because he was not at home at the time doesn't mean he doesn't know anything about it. And LE has made it clear that they believe someone is hiding something. Why not try to determine if he knows anything? It doesn't make sense to me that they wouldn't give him a poly.

I think it's true that LE is playing some serious mind games with these guys.

JeannaT
10-07-2011, 10:36 AM
The police told mom she failed. and mom told news station. moo

That's a common tactic police use to break people. She has no way - none - to determine if it's true.

God help families whose children are stolen when LE turns on them.

Celeste
10-07-2011, 10:37 AM

Yes, you're right. She says that's what LE told her, but that they presented nothing to back it up.

Jayarre
10-07-2011, 10:38 AM

1. I haven't seen any Missing Persons posters. But, I live about 20-30 minutes away. Even though I'm still KCMO, 20-30 minutes is pretty far. There might be more missing persons posters closer. I wonder what JI and DB's support system is like. If they don't have a lot of close friends, they may have trouble finding people to hang posters. Idk. I don't have a printer, otherwise I would print some myself and hang them.

2. I told my mother and fiance a recap about this case last night. Neither knew anything about it besides what I told them. (Mom lives in another state). They both independently came up with the same conclusion: Maybe the mom accidentally dropped or hurt the baby and freaked out and the dad helped her cover it up.I don't think this is the case, but I think it was interesting that both came to the same conclusion.

Remember you don't turn an accident into a (murder) kidnapping.

waltzingmatilda
Where is the interview with Peter Alexander? I am only finding the one with Matt Lauer and there is not a floor plan at the 3 minute mark. Thanks!

Let me try again hollye! See if this one works.

wm

SurfieTX
I'd probably be pretty darn frustrated if I knew that my husband and I were innocent, and were both being grilled for 11 hours by 2, possibly 3 officers. That's 33 actual man hours wasted not following up on other potential leads.

Nana46
10-07-2011, 10:39 AM
Just watched the interview online with Matt Lauer.....what a heartbreaking thing to watch this mom....I could not hear what she said at the very end of the video...did anyone else catch it?
Prayers for little Lisa.

daisy7
10-07-2011, 10:41 AM
Let me try again hollye! See if this one works.

wm

The floorplan is in the next video titled Cops: Missing tot parents not cooperating.

Celeste
10-07-2011, 10:42 AM

That's what we keep hearing. How can this be? Several years ago I lost a CAT (and a very new, very naught cat at that), and I managed to single-handedly canvas a large area with missing kitty posters very quickly. How can there not be posters all over the state asking the public for help in finding this precious, precious baby? What is really going on here???

dkatiemom
10-07-2011, 10:43 AM
As a mother to three children, this is what I don't get:

My singular mission would be to find my child. Put all pride aside. HELP ME find my child.

If there is a camera within 50 miles wanting to hear me proclaim it even louder, I am going to be in front of it.

If the police hold a press conference and say that I have stopped cooperating with them, it would only increase my desire tenfold to get in front of every camera, to ANYONE who will listen, PLEASE HELP ME FIND MY CHILD.

I can understand being exhausted to the bone, sleep-deprived, etc, but I am not going to slip out of a hotel to avoid a camera which I know will broadcast my plea on television and further put the word out about my missing child.

I am not going to refuse local interviews and "only go national". WTH?!

My singular goal would be to get my child's face on as many TV screens, billboards, flyers, etc. as I can, and keep my child as relevant as I can in the minds of everyone I can reach. The more you recognize and remember what my baby looks like, the better the chance that they may be found.

I am willing to give the parents the benefit, for now. But if they start shrinking away from the limelight, denying further interviews, and avoiding the very agencies who are trying to find out what happened to their baby, I am going to feel much less supportive.

I also admit that I am jaded by the "Susan Smith" cry. Every time I see something like this, when they make those first pleads to the media and the disappearance is fresh, I look at the mother and look for tears on the cheeks, snot, the "ugly cry" face, etc. Sometimes the eyes squint up and the face contorts in a manner that, if that were me crying and making that face, the waterworks would be running down my cheeks, falling off my chin, my nose would start running, etc. When I see that face, even if the eyes appear to mist up, I always look to see if the cheeks are dry.

MOO, of course.

waltzingmatilda
10-07-2011, 10:44 AM
The floorplan is in the next video titled Cops: Missing tot parents not cooperating.

Thank you daisy!!! Ya'll scroll down the text and you will see the title that daisy7 posted is highlighted. sorry fo the confusion everyone:banghead:

wm

CarrieBean
10-07-2011, 10:45 AM
This is very blurry. I'll try to re-label the rooms, but I'm sure someone else could do it faster.

daisy7
10-07-2011, 10:46 AM
Here's the floor plan.

nursebeeme
10-07-2011, 10:46 AM
KCMO PD says they are glad to hear the parents telling nat'l media they are "still cooperating" but PD still hasn't heard from them.
38 minutes ago · reply · retweet · favorite

Shelby1
10-07-2011, 10:47 AM

BBM

I was mulling something like this over with my husband last night....I don't think that happened, but I was speculating maybe a cold med. overdose?? Like Nyquil or something?

davehead21
10-07-2011, 10:47 AM
That's what we keep hearing. How can this be? Several years ago I lost a CAT (and a very new, very naught cat at that), and I managed to single-handedly canvas a large area with missing kitty posters very quickly. How can there not be posters all over the state asking the public for help in finding this precious, precious baby? What is really going on here???

Your post reminded me of something. Last night on one of the local stations (it was either KCTV or KMBC), a woman who lives in Baby Lisa's neighborhood was interviewed. She had two or three small children and she said that she's had to talk with them about what's happening, etc. She also said that the night that Baby Lisa went missing, their dog went missing as well. She didn't act like the two were related at all and I seriously doubt that they are but I did find it pretty strange.

nursebeeme
10-07-2011, 10:48 AM
Here's the floor plan.

wow.. that computer room is huge!

Jacie Estes

Thanks for the link. IMHO It seems that the parents were overwhelmed and needed to take a break, I understand that. In this interview it is easy to see their frustration; when the mother speaks of strangers starting FB pages you see that frustration clearly.

I'm gonna go with this is a young couple who has been thrust into the spotlight, has family/friends that are saying 'do this, do that' and are just trying to get some control. If the father spoke with LE for 11 hours and didn't crack, then perhaps there is nothing that he has done wrong. I feel for them, I hope there is a good outcome to this case, Lisa home safe and sound.

I want to reiterate; this area in not smooth terrain. There is a lot of growth/vegetation and undeveloped areas. It could be considered searching for the proverbial needle in a haystack. There are major E-W and N-S highways in the area; it is not an easy place to search. There is also traffic from the casinos along the river there; there are so many possibilities as to her disappearance, I'm not going to point blame at the parents.

SurfieTX
Where's the bathroom?

belimom
10-07-2011, 10:49 AM
All lights were on in house. Maybe it was left that way when mom went to bed. Doubtful kidnappers would do that. Cell phones were on kitchen counter. Two working one was broke.

Seems like the mom would have cleared that up and said, "Oh, I left them on." But instead he said that when he saw all the lights on, he immediately knew something was wrong.

belimom
10-07-2011, 10:51 AM

Lisa’s father, Jeremy Irwin, says he has offered to take a lie detector test, but that police say that’s not necessary.

To me, this says a lot. LE must know *something* that is pushing them to these specific actions/comments. We're not privy to everything they know and I believe they know much more (cell phone pings, evidence at home, etc.). JMHO

Celeste
10-07-2011, 10:51 AM
Your post reminded me of something. Last night on one of the local stations (it was either KCTV or KMBC), a woman who lived in Baby Lisa's neighborhood was interviewed. She had two or three small children and she said that she's had to talk with them about what's happening, etc. She also said that the night that Baby Lisa went missing, their dog went missing as well. She didn't act like the two were related at all and I seriously doubt that they are but I did find it pretty strange.

What?!! That CANNOT be a coincidence. Someone was out there that night.

CarrieBean
10-07-2011, 10:52 AM
Hope this works.

BetteDavisEyes
10-07-2011, 10:53 AM
Thanks to those who posted the Today video. I've watched it twice and am baffled by the dad's failure to provide a straightforward answer about whether or not he'd take a polygraph. He does some fancy tap-dancing around Matt Lauer's specific question, and it saddens me to say that JI's demeanor seems suspicious. jmo

daisy7
10-07-2011, 10:53 AM
Where's the bathroom?

Good question!!!! :)

Shelby1
10-07-2011, 10:54 AM
Hope this works.

Nice job!

Yeah, what Surfie said...where's the bathroom?

SurfieTX
Hope this works.

Thank you. It did. That square in the middle - are those stairs that lead to the lower level?

BeanE

Matt asks Jeremy if he thinks Debbie is involved. Jeremy says:

There's no doubt in my mind... there's no way she couldn't have had anything at all...

Celeste
Hope this works.

Yes, that is wonderful, thank you.

Shelby1
10-07-2011, 10:55 AM

I'd like to know what kind of dog it is.

JeannaT
Thanks to those who posted the Today video. I've watched it twice and am baffled by the dad's failure to provide a straightforward answer about whether or not he'd take a polygraph. He does some fancy tap-dancing around Matt Lauer's specific question, and it saddens me to say that JI's demeanor seems suspicious. jmo

He's just in shock. He's exhausted, and he's in shock. I certainly know men who act like that with even a little bit of stress - don't you?

CarrieBean
Where's the bathroom?

:waitasec:

nursebeeme
10-07-2011, 10:56 AM
Nice job!

Yeah, what Surfie said...where's the bathroom?

maybe it's in the computer room:rocker:

belimom
10-07-2011, 10:57 AM

bbm

I was wondering that also. At the very least, it seems like LE would having gotten some SAR dogs around the location that the neighbor said they saw the man/baby. Maybe they did and we just haven't heard? But I was wondering about that also. I do know that there's the 'now that I think about it, I think I saw...' effect that can make folks "see" things in their mind that either they didn't see or that happened at another time. I think I posted about it on Hailey Dunn's thread - retroactive interference interfering with eyewitness testimony. There was a great article that I can't locate at the moment - if I can find it, I'll post it.

liltexans
10-07-2011, 10:57 AM
Does Jeremy have primary physical custody of his son?

Or does his son just stay at the house part-time?

saba
10-07-2011, 10:58 AM
Matt asks Jeremy if he thinks Debbie is involved. Jeremy says:

There's no doubt in my mind... there's no way she couldn't have had anything at all...

Glad you love linguistics, Beane.

davehead21
10-07-2011, 10:59 AM

I am trying to find the video. I know it's not a humorous subject but I just keep thinking that WHO would want to take both a 10 month old baby AND a dog that they'd have to take care of.

Janeumayer
10-07-2011, 10:59 AM
Question: Do we know at what time the father left for work? Was it after the baby went to sleep?

Amster
10-07-2011, 11:00 AM
LE knows a lot more than we do.....just saying...

CarrieBean
maybe it's in the computer room:rocker:

That's where I would want my bathroom.

This is a basic half-azz layout, I guess. Who knows if it's completely accurate.

In da Middle
I may have missed this along the way in these fast moving threads - do we have any MSM reports when the last independent sighting of Lisa was? Meaning the last date and time anyone saw Pumpkin Pie outside of the immediate family?

I have personally witnessed the baby outside with the family within a couple of days. I just don't remember which day, but it was VERY recently. Like I have said before, this family raises no red flags with their kids! I am still very neutral on if the family is involved or not, but these kids were outside playing very frequently and somebody in the family was out with them everytime that I noticed. They were happy, bubbly kids who by all appearances were very well taken care of.

belimom
10-07-2011, 11:01 AM
I am trying to find the video. I know it's not a humorous subject but I just keep thinking that WHO would want to take both a 10 month old baby AND a dog that they'd have to take care of.

I'm confused - is there a dog missing?

yllek
The mom said LE kept pushing her because she couldn't fill in gaps in the timeline. They should have been pushing her, imo. From what is known so far, she saw Lisa at 10:30 p.m. Dad came home at 4 a.m. and Lisa was gone. Mom was sleeping that whole time, as presumably were the two boys. If that's true, there's your answer - no gaps. Possibly LE is questioning her about what went on earlier in the day to get more information or they have in fact gotten phone records and there was activity during this time frame when she claims she was asleep. Or maybe they have solid verified information about some things that took place leading up to the reported disappearance and the parents are not offering the information or denying it. We don't know, but the mom herself admits she was unable to fill in gaps.

If there are gaps in her account, that's concerning, imo. I see no reason for gaps if she was being asked about events that occured that day, that night, or in the days leading up to and following the reported disappearance (no drugs known at this point and the reported disappearance is very recent).

This isn't meant to conclude that mom and/or dad is involved, just that it sounds to me that there is good reason for LE to keep pushing the parents if they can't get the timeline pinned down. That's critical - what happened when. How does LE keep investigating without that foundation? I don't believe that the dad said "I need a break for today" after 11 hours and LE interpreted that to mean no further cooperation and alerted the media. That doesn't make sense. Not a pissing match, imo. The parents are trying to get in front of something (may or may not be related to Lisa's disappearance). Why did the parents realease the cell phone information to the public? Releasing that info doesn't assist the public in the search for Lisa and LE chose not to disclose it. They wanted/needed the public to know that their cell phones were stolen with the baby. Why? There is a reason, imo. Not sure what that reason might be and not saying it implies involvement by the parents, but there is a reason.

MOO.

KDB
LE knows a lot more than we do.....just saying...

Or, sadly... they don't.

tfrohning
10-07-2011, 11:02 AM
This case remind of another case. I can understand how any parents could reach their boiling point.
I not going with the parents did it. I seen that when LE has nothing they start pointing to parents. No way theses parents had anything to do with their baby missing.

waltzingmatilda

That was my first thought too, Celeste. It made me wonder about some sort of sacrifice. I have no knowledge about those types of holidays but I recall a case here on Ws a few years back that involved such. Someone here posted a calender of the holidays which coincided with the time of the murder, IIRC. There are crazies everywhere these days.

Ugh! I really don't wish to think about that.

Prayers that Lisa is found safe and sound.

wm

Amster

What? Why cant it be a coincidence? :waitasec:

liz b.
10-07-2011, 11:03 AM
I think this latest development has all to do with the cell phones. That was what LE referenced when they stated that the family has stopped co-operating. There is something connected with the phones which seems to make LE suspicious of the couple MOO. LE interviews people every day, and most of them are in stressful situations. Doubtful that LE would misconstrue a request for a break, and turn it into a complete refusal to co-operate. MOO

I wonder if the two boys have been re-united with their parents yet ?

Celeste
10-07-2011, 11:04 AM
That's where I would want my bathroom.

This is a basic half-azz layout, I guess. Who knows if it's completely accurate.

Well, it's just one of two floors, right?

chieftess
10-07-2011, 11:04 AM
I have some of the questions, that a few others have had...
What was going on after the dad left for work?
Did mom maybe have to run to the store and leave the children alone for a short period of time?
Just thinking out loud...

CarrieBean
10-07-2011, 11:05 AM

If it's true a dog went missing the same night...a baby thief and a dog thief in a quiet neighbourhood, where stuff like this "doesn't happen", on the same night.

nursebeeme
10-07-2011, 11:06 AM
We have launched a new Baby Lisa Irwin Updates page on Facebook...we'll use this page to keep folks updated on the search for Baby Lisa. Click here to head there and like the page: www.facebook.com

Read more: http://livewire.kmbc.com/Event/Live_Blog_Amber_Alert_Issued_For_Missing_10-Month-Old#ixzz1a6qlVprv

-------------

CarrieBean
Well, it's just one of two floors, right?

Yeah, but you would think there would be a bathroom on the main floor. Maybe I missed something. Is this a two story home? Or are we talking about a basement? I just looked again and there doesn't look like there would be a 2nd story to this house.

JeannaT
I'd really love to hear more about the missing dog.

Was it taken from inside the house?

Shelby1
Hope this works.

Is it ok to add this to our timeline?

nursebeeme
10-07-2011, 11:07 AM
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Baby-Lisa-Irwin-Updates/184983831580094?sk=wall

knbc's baby lisa updates facebook

Cazzie
10-07-2011, 11:07 AM
Yes, you're right. She says that's what LE told her, but that they presented nothing to back it up.
The video interview that I saw...she was asked (was it Matt Lauer?) which question she failed...she stammered and said she doesn't remember which one...

(this has also been posted upthread or previous one...the "transcript", maybe via News tweets)

I understand what she might be "going thru" whether she's innocent or not...whether it was a kidnapping, a sale, a hoax, an accident at home or worse...

But it kinda bugs me that she doesn't remember which question she failed (her saying that about "the question" implies that she *was* given "evidence" of failing)...if someone is so adamant about being innocent, and so upset about being told they failed the LDT, wouldn't one remember which question?

I am seeing inconsistencies..."no evidence of failing" vs. "can't remember which question"...

Likewise with the dad's account of checking bedrooms for various kids and him not being alarmed until he found that Lisa was not in her crib/room...inconsistency with when he became alarmed vs. which kid was sleeping where and when he checked Mom's room (could just be media errors?).

She also said that she "couldn't fill in the gaps"...I would like to know more detail on that (both from LE and from her).

The good thing is that LE knows what each of them told *them* and I'm sure LE is looking at what each are telling various media...

Some thought Dad was "stoic" in that interview but I found it curious that he wasn't asked more questions...I didn't interpret his demeanor as stoic, tho...

All MOO & JMO & I may have missed something or misinterpreted something(s)...

SIGH.

mrsu
10-07-2011, 11:08 AM
I'm not implicating the mother, but I'm really curious to know what "gaps" she was not able to fill in?? If she was the primary caregiver of the baby, and was there the entire night, what gaps could there be??

CarrieBean
10-07-2011, 11:09 AM
Is it ok to add this to our timeline?

of course

JeannaT
10-07-2011, 11:10 AM
I'm not implicating the mother, but I'm really curious to know what "gaps" she was not able to fill in?? If she was the primary caregiver of the baby, and was there the entire night, what gaps could there be??

When she was sleeping, would be a huge gap.

AnonymousD
10-07-2011, 11:11 AM
It was not known whether they were going back to their home, or if they were staying with relatives
by Brian Foster - KMBC.com... 8:52 AM
KMBC attempted to speak with Lisa's parents at the hotel where the Good Morning America interviewed was conducted, but they declined our request and drove away
by Brian Foster - KMBC.com... 8:52 AM

Read more: http://livewire.kmbc.com/Event/Live_Blog_Amber_Alert_Issued_For_Missing_10-Month-Old#ixzz1a6GceNcK

BBM

Why? Why won't you do an interview with your local affiliates? I don't understand??

Is this part of that "media deal" they have? Which would make no sense...weren't they on the Today Show, one of the Fox morning shows & GMA this morning? How can you have a "media deal" with three separate broadcasters, but decline your local affiliates?

waltzingmatilda
Yeah, but you would think there would be a bathroom on the main floor. Maybe I missed something. Is this a two story home? Or are we talking about a basement? I just looked again and there doesn't look like there would be a 2nd story to this house.

I hope in da middle will weigh in with knowledge here as someone familar with the homes in the neighborhood.

Hint hint :innocent:

wm

Shelby1

Dave, was there any mention of how close this neighbor's house is to Lisa's?

In da Middle
10-07-2011, 11:12 AM
As a mom, I have a few questions/concerns. May be nothing but still.
1. if a 10mo old is sick/coughy/croupy, i'd be checking on her frequently. OR she would be in the room with me.
2. at that age, again being sick and a stay at home mom, aren't most babies put in more comfy 'jammies' for sleeping, expecially when sick. Not short and matching shirt?
3. With phones these days (and not saying that had updated ones) but names/addresses switch over when you get a new phone. You don't manually enter them any longer. So if one was broken, Dad left for his 1st night at a job, without a phone, and a sick baby at home.
4. why wouldn't he assume the baby was in with mom if the son was and it didin't alert him that son wasn't it bed, or was it 'overlooked'?
5. door unlocked AND window open. Isn't it getting quite cool up there (sorry, i'm in FL) that at night you'd feel the 'coolness' of a window being open?

JMO.

Curiousity might have killed the cat, but i want proof.

1. yes, but that is just me.

2. Leave the 'jammies' alone! My youngest was sensitive to the flame retardants put in children's sleepwear. Started sleeping in t-shirt and either cotton shorts or sweats and the problem was solved.

3. This could be a one-time fluke to their routine. For all we know he might have usually had a phone and maybe he forgot and went out the door without it this time (new routines will screw you up sometimes). Dunno.

4 Dont have an answer to this.

5 It has been beautiful out for the last week or two. This neighborhood is one where I am sure most people lock their doors at night, but if you forget you are not going to panic. Most everybody I have talked to around here has said that they had left at least on window at least partially open that night. This is why none of us believe the 'scream in the woods' story. We would have been the ones that would have heard it and none of us did.The worst crime around here is maybe someone had something taken out of their car and that is a rarity even. We are talking about a pleasantly boring neighborhood. And my windows are still open and have been since then. Yes, my guard is up a little higher, but I still do not believe this was a random act at all.

Celeste
10-07-2011, 11:12 AM
Of course, it could be a coincidence, but IMO that's an unlikely scenario. And if that other neighbor (the one who saw a stranger walking around with a baby in the middle of the night) is a credible witness, then the weirdness of the coincidence grows to unbearable proportions.

Amster
10-07-2011, 11:13 AM
Or, sadly... they don't.

ooooops.....my bad.....

speaking strictly for myself.....I haven't been privvy to any interviews with detectives or seen any evidence removed from the home. I havent seen the forensic reports or any evidence taken off the computers (if there are any computers )....I don't know what the poly showed that mom took.....haven't seen a pediatrition report on baby Lisa.....don't know what the 2 boys told detectives....haven't seen any background reports on mom and dad.....

I suppose others have seen all of this. Again, sorry for the word "we"....should have said LE knows a lot more than "I" do. :seeya:

Jacie Estes
10-07-2011, 11:14 AM
He's just in shock. He's exhausted, and he's in shock. I certainly know men who act like that with even a little bit of stress - don't you?

I'm glad you posted that; my family is from this area going back to my GG grandparents. If the men in my family were together and they were talking some people might get upset. It can take them 10 minutes and you might get 10 words out of them.

It doesn't necessarily mean he's guilty, it's just his manner.

wvjules
10-07-2011, 11:15 AM

I coulnd't tell you what I did all day in a non-stressful situation. I have gaps. I can't imagine trying to remember what I did during a specific period of time when under extreme stress.

Q: What were you doing at 8:00pm?

A: Watching tv maybe? Not sure, maybe I was getting the boys ready for bed. Oh wait, I read a magazine too, not sure what time that was.

Is that considered a "gap"?

Clock's Tickin
10-07-2011, 11:15 AM
The video interview that I saw...she was asked (was it Matt Lauer?) which question she failed...she stammered and said she doesn't remember which one...

(this has also been posted upthread or previous one...the "transcript", maybe via News tweets)

I understand what she might be "going thru" whether she's innocent or not...whether it was a kidnapping, a sale, a hoax, an accident at home or worse...

But it kinda bugs me that she doesn't remember which question she failed (her saying that about "the question" implies that she *was* given "evidence" of failing)...if someone is so adamant about being innocent, wouldn't one remember which question?

I am seeing inconsistencies..."no evidence of failing" vs. "can't remember which question"...

Likewise with the dad's account of checking bedrooms for various kids and him not being alarmed until he found that Lisa was not in her crib/room...inconsistency with when he checked each bedroom vs. which kid was sleeping where (could just be media errors?).

The good thing is that LE knows what each of them told *them* and I'm sure LE is looking at what each are telling various media...

All MOO & JMO & I may have missed something or misinterpreted something(s)...

SIGH.

They won't just be asking about baby Lisa and the subject of her missing. They also ask lots of other questions regarding off the wall things, questions to establish base-lines, and questions about general lifestyle. The one that sometimes gets "innocent people" would be drug use...esp when they word it "Have you ever...?". You get a yes or no answer, not an explaination, so if you tried mj when you were 17, and you are an honest person, you answer yes. If you answer no, but you remember trying it, you may fail your poly. People that are taking a poly for a current situation sometimes don't want history biting, but it always does-so brutal honesty is ALWAYS the best policy in this kind of situation. (disclaimer-the above is a contrived scenerio and the author has no idea if these people have ever tried drugs)

In da Middle
10-07-2011, 11:18 AM
I think LE has done multiple searches of the immediate area. Iirc, some of them were shoulder to shoulder searches through the woods.
I agree. I really do not see what more they can do in this immediate area that they have not done. They have talked to everybody that I am aware of here. They have stopped every car entering here and talked to them. They have entered most houses around here and did a quick look-see. They have scoured the woods multiple times by foot, atv, and with dogs. They have lifted the manhole covers and looked.

What else are they to do around here?

cluciano63
10-07-2011, 11:19 AM
I know there isn't a lot of water out that way, but where is the nearest river, lake, pond, etc? How far away?

mrsu
10-07-2011, 11:19 AM
Per the Today Show video:

1. I'm sorry to say, but IMO, the father's mannerisms are just plain ODD. The way he stares just straight ahead with a blank look, showing no emotion. I just find that bizarre. MOO

2. The mother says she failed the test. And is asked which question she failed...to which she DOESN"T reply they didn't tell her which one, she responds that she "doesn't remember which question she failed". I'm sorry, but in something like this, I think you would remember, especially if you were telling the truth.

CarrieBean
10-07-2011, 11:20 AM
A friend called an hour ago to invite me for coffee.

Ooops.

Hopefully there will be some good news when I get back.

Duke Fan4
I am praying that the parents are not involved in anyway but IF it were that the mom accidentally gave the baby an overdose of cold medication and something happened (JMOO) she would also be weeping for the baby. Again just one thought among many that spin through my head.

Also Pat Brown FBI Profiler said stranger abuctions are extremly rare and they are usually done at a hospital to try to pass the baby off as their own. However. yesterday I read some statistics on one of the other WS Thread posted links that said they are more often aquaintances of the family.

I really don't know what to think of the entire thing.

Sleuths4Me

Probably trying to remember what their lawyer said to say to that question. Really I see no point in giving polys to parents when their child is first missing especially with all the emotions going through them. I'm not surprised they said the mother failed especially in her emotional state.

davehead21
Dave, was there any mention of how close this neighbor's house is to Lisa's?

She did not live on the same street but in the near area.

I am still looking for the video-- it was a piece that they showed on the TV station, so I'm not sure if they put all of those up or what.

JeannaT
10-07-2011, 11:22 AM
I agree. I really do not see what more they can do in this immediate area that they have not done. They have talked to everybody that I am aware of here. They have stopped every car entering here and talked to them. They have entered most houses around here and did a quick look-see. They have scoured the woods multiple times by foot, atv, and with dogs. They have lifted the manhole covers and looked.

What else are they to do around here?

I think what they need to do - that they haven't - is give people an idea of what to think about.

Does anyone know anyone who just lost a baby, or is infertile and obsessed with babies, who they now have lost contact with? The person has cancelled recent plans to meet up?

Anyone who was pregnant but that was in doubt because they are odd and obsessed, who now has dropped out of sight?

illinialum
10-07-2011, 11:23 AM

1. I'm sorry to say, but IMO, the father's mannerisms are just plain ODD. The way he stares just straight ahead with a blank look, showing no emotion. I just find that bizarre. MOO

2. The mother says she failed the test. And is asked which question she failed...to which she DOESN"T reply they didn't tell her which one, she responds that she "doesn't remember which question she failed". I'm sorry, but in something like this, I think you would remember, especially if you were telling the truth.

She may not want to tell the media which question she failed, but rather than say, "I don't want you to know," or "that's confidential" she stammered "I don't remember."

JeannaT
10-07-2011, 11:23 AM
Probably trying to remember what their lawyer said to say to that question. Really I see no point in giving polys to parents when their child is first missing especially with all the emotions going through them. I'm not surprised they said the mother failed especially in her emotional state.

Well, they didn't say that to the public, they said that to her. Which seems suspect.

norest4thewicked
10-07-2011, 11:24 AM
ooooops.....my bad.....

speaking strictly for myself.....I haven't been privvy to any interviews with detectives or seen any evidence removed from the home. I havent seen the forensic reports or any evidence taken off the computers (if there are any computers )....I don't know what the poly showed that mom took.....haven't seen a pediatrition report on baby Lisa.....don't know what the 2 boys told detectives....haven't seen any background reports on mom and dad.....

I suppose others have seen all of this. Again, sorry for the word "we"....should have said LE knows a lot more than "I" do. :seeya:

No...you can go ahead and say "we" because I totally agree with you.

cluciano63
10-07-2011, 11:25 AM
I may be naive, but at this point, I believe LE has a reason to say and do what they say and do.

chieftess
10-07-2011, 11:26 AM

I am still looking for the video-- it was a piece that they showed on the TV station, so I'm not sure if they put all of those up or what.

From what I am seeing the local media is editing before uploading the video. Two nights ago they interviewed what they said was a next door neighbor...whose dog was barking at the reporters. The neighbor said she did not hear the dog barking the night of the kidnapping. I watched all the links from that particular station, and never saw this woman's interview again??

Jacie Estes
10-07-2011, 11:26 AM
I know there isn't a lot of water out that way, but where is the nearest river, lake, pond, etc? How far away?

The Missouri River is nearby; 'indamiddle' will know the exact distance.

JeannaT
10-07-2011, 11:27 AM
I'm glad you posted that; my family is from this area going back to my GG grandparents. If the men in my family were together and they were talking some people might get upset. It can take them 10 minutes and you might get 10 words out of them.

It doesn't necessarily mean he's guilty, it's just his manner.

I know a couple from that area, (which they pronounce Kancity, btw. ;D ) and they are mirrors of this couple.

The man is an engineer and he has a permanent deer in the headlights look. He's really nice, but virtually silent, and if you ask him a question he stammers (not stuttering, just searching for words) and it takes him awhile to answer. They're eerily similar.

raeann
10-07-2011, 11:28 AM
I agree with the "leave the jammies alone" post. The flame retardant used on the fabric smells awful even after being washed, and who wants their child sleeping in items that have been saturated with chemicals anyway? Not only are those chemicals touching their skin, they are BREATHING them in all night long. There are all kinds of "clothes" that are made from the exact same cotton knit fabric as pajamas often are.....just without the nasty chemicals on them. It just seems kind of pitiful to assume guilt for a horrible act just because the items were initially described as shorts and a shirt.

jmo

Clock's Tickin
10-07-2011, 11:28 AM

Have they already lawyered up!?!:eek:

JeannaT
10-07-2011, 11:29 AM
From what I am seeing the local media is editing before uploading the video. Two nights ago they interviewed what they said was a next door neighbor...whose dog was barking at the reporters. The neighbor said she did not hear the dog barking the night of the kidnapping. I watched all the links from that particular station, and never saw this woman's interview again??

The one with the German shepherds who are kept in the fenced yard? I don't see the video, but the text of the article is all over the place.

Shelby1
Lisa Irwin Timeline

Monday October 3, 2011

Abducted by intruder through bedroom window. Far right window of house.

UPDATE—according to police spokesman window may not be correct.

3620 block of North Lister 64117

CORRECTION TO ABOVE GIVEN BY JEREMY IN PHONE INTERVIEW 10-6-2011

Lisa in bed at 7:30 p.m. Debbie in bed at 10:30 after checking on Lisa. 5 year old son slept with Debbie in parents room. Point of entry by abductor was unlocked front door, window mentioned earlier was NOT tampered with.

UPDATE 10-6-11 3 cell phones also taken. One does not even work. Also, dad came home to find front door unlocked, most of the lights on and front window open.

Jeremy Irwin, Lisa’s father, told local media that whoever took his daughter also took all three of their cell phones so they couldn’t call anybody, including 911.

Read more: http://www.kansascity.com/2011/10/06/3190568/cell-phones-taken-along-with-missing.html#ixzz1a1QJj8XG (http://www.kansascity.com/2011/10/06/3190568/cell-phones-taken-along-with-missing.html#ixzz1a1QJj8XG)

~phones were gone

(thank you NBM)

__________________________________________________ ___________________

Other two sons asleep in different bedrooms. (sons are half brothers to Lisa-the 6 year old is Debbie’s and the 8 year old is Jeremy’s from previous relationships.)

Father is electrician that works nights. This night was the first night he EVER worked at night.--Jeremy

Mother is a SAHM--Debbie

Monday October 3, 2011 10:00 p.m. Last seen in crib wearing purple shorts and purple shirt with white kittens on it.

**Possibly seen by Mr. Parscale (a man that lives in the area) according to his wife Lisa around 12:00 a.m. Tuesday wearing only a diaper being carried by a male. Quote from Lisa--“He seen the guy act like he was going to go into a residence,” Parscale said, “but then my husband drove off so we’re thinking that maybe he was just doing that so that my husband would leave.”

**Parscale says her husband saw the man walking on a street perpendicular to North Lister, where Lisa Irwin lives with her parents and brothers.

Tuesday October 4, 2011 3:30 a.m. (first report stated it was 4:00 a.m.) Father returns home from work and discovered baby missing from crib.

UPDATE at 2:00 p.m. October 4 presser Capt. Steve Young speaking—Parents’ story has no holes. Looking into neighbor that possibly saw Lisa being carried by the male. No suspects other than neighbor sighting.

Tuesday October 4, 2011 approx. 7:00 p.m. amber alert cancelled. Lisa is considered a MISSING/ENDANGERED JUVENILE. Per police the alert has served it’s purpose. Police and dogs will search for a while into the night.

*** Tuesday night authorities searched a van and car at the home. There is no word on what police found or were looking for. Officers searching for the child focused on areas near the family's home such as railroad tracks near the north side of the Missouri River and a wooded area behind the home. http://www.fox4kc.com/news/wdaf-authorities-continue-search-for-missing-baby-20111005,0,6273053.story

Tuesday 9:25 p.m.

Mass exodus of police from the command center. Looks like K-9's are finished searching for the night. Police search will continue in AM
by cliffjudy via twitter (http://twitter.com/CliffJudy/status/121410556468015104) 9:25 P

**family stayed with relatives after being questioned until 10:30 p.m.

Wednesday October 5, 2011

9:00 a.m. press conference Capt. Steve Young speaking—basically no new information. Still searching with dogs, however there have been no hits. Parents not ruled out, but also not suspects. Very cooperative.

** KMBC's Jana Corrie: Children who were also inside the home at the time of the disappearance staying with neighbors

Read more: http://livewire.kmbc.com/Event/Live_Blog_Amber_Alert_Issued_For_Missing_10-Month-Old#ixzz1ZvPzisbv (http://livewire.kmbc.com/Event/Live_Blog_Amber_Alert_Issued_For_Missing_10-Month-Old#ixzz1ZvPzisbv)

**conflicting reports…unless the Grandparents are being referred to as “neighbors”

NBC Action News reporter Sloane Heller reports Lisa’s grandparents are watching the couple’s other children and have not been able to reach them since earlier Tuesday.

Read more: http://www.nbcactionnews.com/dpp/news/region_missouri/northland/police-ruling-nothing-out-in-search-for-lisa-irwin#ixzz1ZvXO4Yxz (http://www.nbcactionnews.com/dpp/news/region_missouri/northland/police-ruling-nothing-out-in-search-for-lisa-irwin#ixzz1ZvXO4Yxz)

Next news conference sometime this afternoon.

2:00 news conference—Jeremy spoke with Deborah (Bradley?) by his side. Begged for baby to be dropped off somewhere safe. The brothers are waiting to see their sister. Declined to take questions.

Again, Capt. Has no leads, not ruling out anything. 300 knocks and searches. 46 tips. No ransom note. Family is free to go where they would like. Family does not want to be at house.

**Alleged sighting of Lisa with a middle aged white male and female at a Love’s gas station in St. Joseph, MO I-29 and US HWY 169. Driving older model SUV. Article came out around 5:15 p.m. Surveillance video has been turned over to LE. Police say it doesn’t seem to be a major lead.

Thursday October 6, 2011

**Jeremy and Debbie provided LE with a list of 9 names of people that could be possible suspects.

**Per Debbie regarding cell phones and possible other missing items:

~phones were gone

(thank you NBM)

http://livewire.kmbc.com/Event/Live_Blog_Amber_Alert_Issued_For_Missing_10-Month-Old

** police detectives are meeting early this morning to talk about where to search next.

**per Debbie, “Lisa is very sweet and will go to almost anybody.”

**per Jeremy, window was not tampered with, so perp (s) must have come in through unlocked front door.

**Lisa went to bed at 7:30 p.m. Debbie went to bed at 10:30 after checking on Lisa. 5 year old son slept with Debbie in parents room.

***Debbie and Jeremy have a heated discussion with LE before speeding off in police car to command center to find out about possible new lead. http://www.fox4kc.com/news/wdaf-lisa-irwin-parents-have-heated-discussion-with-police-20111006,0,5671503.story

**the list of suspects provided by the parents is now up to 12.

Capt. Young: "the mother and father no longer want to cooperate with detectives."

Read more: http://livewire.kmbc.com/Event/Live_Blog_Amber_Alert_Issued_For_Missing_10-Month-Old#ixzz1a391r9l4 (http://livewire.kmbc.com/Event/Live_Blog_Amber_Alert_Issued_For_Missing_10-Month-Old#ixzz1a391r9l4)

Originally Posted by BeanE file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Melissa/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/msohtml1/01/clip_image001.gif--thank you BeanE
Capt. Young: "There is no doubt they informed us that they no longer wish to cooperate with the investigation."
by Brian Foster - KMBC.com... 8:05 PM

Capt. Young: "We have no plans to close the command center yet, but it will close at some point."
by Brian Foster - KMBC.com... 8:04 PM

Capt. Young: "I don't have to illustrate how their lack of cooperation hurts the investigation."by Brian Foster - KMBC.com... 8:03 PM

Capt. Young: "I cannot get into the details of the investigation."
by Brian Foster - KMBC.com... 8:03 PM

Capt. Young: "the mother and father no longer want to cooperate with detectives."by Brian Foster - KMBC.com... 8:02 PM

Capt. Young: "We don't have any suspect. If we had enough to charge anyone with, we'd probably be pursuing charges."

Capt. Young: "We don't have any suspects. From an investigative standpoint we've enjoyed their cooperation"

Capt. Young": The parents have intimate information as to what's been going on...our door is open and it doesn't help that they are no longer cooperating"

Capt. Young: "They've always been free and cooperative up until this point, but they've decided to stop cooperating"

Capt. Steve Young: Mother and father of baby Lisa Irwin have stopped cooperating with police

http://livewire.kmbc.com/Event/Live_...#ixzz1a39rwETg (http://livewire.kmbc.com/Event/Live_Blog_Amber_Alert_Issued_For_Missing_10-Month-Old#ixzz1a39rwETg)

"This evening we will be shutting down the command post. We believe we have done all we can regarding geographic searches and will continue tracking leads as we get them or develop additional information," police Officer Darin Snapp said in a news release.

Read more: http://livewire.kmbc.com/Event/Live_Blog_Amber_Alert_Issued_For_Missing_10-Month-Old#ixzz1a3JybPqG (http://livewire.kmbc.com/Event/Live_Blog_Amber_Alert_Issued_For_Missing_10-Month-Old#ixzz1a3JybPqG)

Family statement: We saw the press conference at 7 PM, and we want you to know we have never stopped cooperating with police.
by Brian Foster - KMBC.com... 9:11 PM

Read more: http://livewire.kmbc.com/Event/Live_Blog_Amber_Alert_Issued_For_Missing_10-Month-Old#ixzz1a3m5ocP3 (http://livewire.kmbc.com/Event/Live_Blog_Amber_Alert_Issued_For_Missing_10-Month-Old#ixzz1a3m5ocP3)

Friday October 7, 2011

(thank you BeanE for gathering these)
#LisaIrwin's mom:We want to thank everybody who has helped us so far.
1 minute ago

#LisaIrwin's mom: we are not angry, we just want our daughter home, that's all we care about.
2 minutes ago

#LisaIrwin's mom: we appreciate everything the police dept. has done, we appreciate everything everybody has done.
2 minutes ago

#LisaIrwin mom: we don't know, which is why we need everybody to continue to look for her...because we want her home, we can't do this alone
21 seconds ago

#LisaIrwin's mom: "he's a good father and he's good to me and he loves her and everybody loves her, but no, there's no way." (about father)
38 seconds ago

#LisaIrwin's dad: hasn't taken polygraph but "if that's what it takes..."
3 minutes ago

#LisaIrwin's mom: "what do you say when someone tells you that and you know you didn't do anything."
4 minutes ago

#LisaIrwin's mom: volunteered to take polygraph, told failed. Says that's not possible.
4 minutes ago

#LisaIrwin's mom: We don't care what anybody thinks, we don't care what they think, our concern is to find Lisa, our Lisa.
5 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

#LisaIrwin's Mom: don't have hard feelings, not mad, this is what they (police) have to do.
5 minutes ago

#LisaIrwin's Mom: police really nice yesterday, not like that the first time.
6 minutes ago

**Debbie failed LDT. Jeremy has offered, but LE said it’s not necessary.

Floor plan of Debbie and Jeremy’s home (thank you Carriebean)

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=19070&d=1317999122
file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Melissa/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/msohtml1/01/clip_image003.jpg

**a neighbor in the area also had her dog come up missing the same night. (maybe related, maybe not)

ShadyLadySleuth
I personally think parents of a missing baby are smart to "lawyer up" to guide them in how to handle the media, le, and things they are totally unprepared to deal with. Especially now that the story has gone National. To me, that does not make them seem more "guilty" but wise in a hellish situation. I can't imagine how many requests for interviews, etc. they must be getting. They know they are under a microscope and any misstep will be pounced on by the media and le. If they have told le everything they know, then it is up to le to solve this. They may be guilty as sin. A parent is usually the guilty one in cases like this. But I don't judge then for getting legal help.

JeannaT
Have they already lawyered up!?!:eek:

No, they haven't. Or anyway, there's been zero report of that.

gliving
10-07-2011, 11:30 AM
BBM

Why? Why won't you do an interview with your local affiliates? I don't understand??

Is this part of that "media deal" they have? Which would make no sense...weren't they on the Today Show, one of the Fox morning shows & GMA this morning? How can you have a "media deal" with three separate broadcasters, but decline your local affiliates?

Some cable and satellite providers don't carry the smaller local affiliates. Better to go national and catch a larger audience. GMA is shown on KC's ABC channel. I think it was a efficient choice.

kai
10-07-2011, 11:30 AM
I just finished watching the Today show clip from today. My brain just goes in circles trying to figure out what side of the fence I am on. I have just decided to pray for Lisa and pray that whoever knows something will just talk or bring that precious baby girl home. Someone knows.

davehead21
10-07-2011, 11:31 AM

Thanks for posting this, I think that's what happened with this piece. I may shoot an email to the local stations and see if they would be willing to put up the video about the missing dog.

chieftess
10-07-2011, 11:32 AM
The one with the German shepherds who are kept in the fenced yard? I don't see the video, but the text of the article is all over the place.

I don't know the breed, but they were behind a chain link fence. I wasn't looking for the text, just the video...my bad. :innocent:

JeannaT
10-07-2011, 11:32 AM
Thanks for posting this, I think that's what happened with this piece. I may shoot an email to the local stations and see if they would be willing to put up the video about the missing dog.

Or, turn a copy of the video over to the police with the neighbor's name and address -

Mojen
10-07-2011, 11:33 AM

I remember seeing an interview with a neighbor with a dog but don't remember the context of what she was saying.

If this is the same interview, it is either on Channel 9 or Channel 41, I don't watch Channel 5. Hope that helps you!

mrsu
10-07-2011, 11:34 AM
Is it weird to anyone else that Baby Lisa's room seems to be the size of a closet??

dog.gone.cute
10-07-2011, 11:34 AM

:rocker: I totally agree ... something "smells" ...

MOO ...

MEM2010
10-07-2011, 11:35 AM
Oh no this baby girl is still missing.

I watched the Today show interview myself and I am still not getting any bad vibes off the parents. I feel awful for them.

If my son has been missing for 4 days without a trace I'd be dead inside. I would probably be pretty emotionless at that point as well.

As for the failur of the LDT I strongly believe that they either failed a question unrelated or it's an investigative tactic.

I believe the parents of BreeAnn Rodriguez were told they "failed" as well and they had nothing to do with their daughters death.

I am praying Lisa is brought home safely and these parents continue to have strength.

cocomod
10-07-2011, 11:35 AM
The thing that bothered me about the father's statement is he said that he checked all of the kids rooms and we looked in Lisa's room. Did he go and wake his wife after he checked the other kid's rooms?

I think that the parents are likely "not" cooperating with police because mom "failed" a question on the test.

The feeling I got when watching both parents talk is that mom looked at dad to verify once or twice. IMHO I think that mom suspects that dad knows something about the abduction. Whether she suspects him of involvement is possible, but not necessary. However, I think that she does suspect that he at least knows more than he is telling. For some reason, I still do not suspect mom. I do suspect that dad has some shady people aroung that possible had something to do with this (mainly speculation). I am heartbroken over this little girl being taken from her home and her brothers. :(

FairM
10-07-2011, 11:36 AM
Do we know the last independent person (ie non family) who saw Lisa ? was she seen on the day of her disappearance ? if so by whom? and at what time?

JeannaT
10-07-2011, 11:37 AM
Oh no this baby girl is still missing.

I watched the Today show interview myself and I am still not getting any bad vibes off the parents. I feel awful for them.

If my son has been missing for 4 days without a trace I'd be dead inside. I would probably be pretty emotionless at that point as well.

As for the failur of the LDT I strongly believe that they either failed a question unrelated or it's an investigative tactic.

I believe the parents of BreeAnn Rodriguez were told they "failed" as well and they had nothing to do with their daughters death.

I am praying Lisa is brought home safely and these parents continue to have strength.

Yeeepp.

In da Middle
I could be wrong, but I think In Da Middle had her house searched, but I don't think with dogs.

No, they didn't actually come IN my house. We live far enough down i guess, but they may have also not because when they got down to us they had about 6 households of us all outside together (as usual when it is this nice out) and kinda asked us all together and all of us had the exact same info - no we didn't hear anything - no the dogs were not barking or alerting to anything that night - yes most of us had our windows at least cracked and think at least one of us would have heard or saw something if it went passed our house. We wouldn't have heard anything at their house though.

wvjules
Is it weird to anyone else that Baby Lisa's room seems to be the size of a closet??

No.

1. This layout scale looks way off to me.

2. If the size is correct it seems fine to me. What does she need in there? A crib and a changing table? Babies don't need much stuff in their room, plus it's close to the parents room.

raeann
10-07-2011, 11:38 AM

There are actually quite a few large areas of water all around the city......this aerial gives a good view of the LARGEST but there are numerous small streams, creeks, ponds and neighborhood lakes that are all over the city in just about every housing development outside of the "inner city" areas. Even the famous Country Club Plaza area has a huge concrete waterway that is basically for flood control and nearly empty at times. During rainy periods or big storms it carries a MASSIVE amount of water through the area.

In the map link below, I believe the neighborhood in question would be toward the middle just north of the main river visible on the satellite image.

http://geology.com/satellite/cities/kansas-city-satellite-image.shtml

Clock's Tickin
I personally think parents of a missing baby are smart to "lawyer up" to guide them in how to handle the media, le, and things they are totally unprepared to deal with. Especially now that the story has gone National. To me, that does not make them seem more "guilty" but wise in a hellish situation. I can't imagine how many requests for interviews, etc. they must be getting. They know they are under a microscope and any misstep will be pounced on by the media and le. If they have told le everything they know, then it is up to le to solve this. They may be guilty as sin. A parent is usually the guilty one in cases like this. But I don't judge then for getting legal help.

I'm sorry, but in the history of the world, I don't believe a lawyer has ever found a missing child. In fact, on more than one occasion, they have hindered investigations. Unless the parents are charged with a crime, or believe they will be, I see no reason to hire a lawyer for oneself when one's child is missing. As far as media plugs, I'd be enlisting the help of every friend and relative I could find to swamp the media outlets with photos and info until my child is found. Police departments actually have people on staff to guide you in not making statements that might bring harm to your missing child. IMO-lawyering up at this stage is not a good sign...nobody has accused them of ANY WRONGDOING...yet...

CN2Souls
Goodness.

I am gone for 5 minutes

and now we have a missing dog from that night

and the family has no bathroom on the many floor...

LadyL
10-07-2011, 11:40 AM
curious ... could people here think of a list of 9 or 12 suspects in a disappearance of your child?

I'd be hard-pressed to think of one (in fact I can't think of anyone atm) so just wondering if others might want to weigh in on this ...

cluciano63
10-07-2011, 11:41 AM
Breeann's parents responded with confusion at being told they failed the LD test, yet continued on in working with LE, etc...not deciding to take a stand and decide which media they would talk to, etc...JMO

Shelby1
10-07-2011, 11:41 AM
Goodness.

I am gone for 5 minutes

and now we have a missing dog from that night

and the family has no bathroom on the many floor...

:floorlaugh: Thank you for this laugh. I needed it.

AnonymousD
10-07-2011, 11:42 AM
That's a common tactic police use to break people. She has no way - none - to determine if it's true.

God help families whose children are stolen when LE turns on them.

BBM

If the report is true that the parents have a lawyer, would the police not have to release that information to the lawyer?

I honestly have no clue, I'm just curious.....

nursebeeme
10-07-2011, 11:43 AM
http://foxnewsinsider.com/2011/10/07/police-mother-of-missing-baby-lisa-irwin-fails-lie-detector-test-parents-no-longer-cooperating-with-investigation/

believe09
10-07-2011, 11:44 AM
Please refrain from posting Statement Analysis information until Admin has a chance to weigh in on the technique.

Thank you!!

Coldpizza
10-07-2011, 11:44 AM
No, they didn't actually come IN my house. We live far enough down i guess, but they may have also not because when they got down to us they had about 6 households of us all outside together (as usual when it is this nice out) and kinda asked us all together and all of us had the exact same info - no we didn't hear anything - no the dogs were not barking or alerting to anything that night - yes most of us had our windows at least cracked and think at least one of us would have heard or saw something if it went passed our house. We wouldn't have heard anything at their house though.

As far as the neighbors dog going missing. Was it a barker? Does it live inside or outside or both?
My thoughts on if it were a barker and the neighborhood was being cased the perp may have wanted to silence it for lack of a better term. Is the dog back now?

jegoslee
10-07-2011, 11:45 AM

It's no more weird than the fact that there is no bathroom and the "computer room" takes up 1/4 to 1/3 of the total square footage. I just think it's a VERY poor rendering of a floor plan. I think it was just to give an IDEA of how the rooms were laid out and where they were in relation to the front door and other rooms. JMHO.

MEM2010
10-07-2011, 11:45 AM
curious ... could people here think of a list of 9 or 12 suspects in a disappearance of your child?

I'd be hard-pressed to think of one (in fact I can't think of anyone atm) so just wondering if others might want to weigh in on this ...

I could if there were something that happened recently that may have made me some enemies.