PDA

View Full Version : MO - AMBER ALERT: Lisa Irwin, 10 months, Kansas City, 4 Oct 2011 - #12

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

Dr.Fessel
10-10-2011, 04:34 PM
http://www.kjrh.com/dpp/news/national/Police-back-at-home-of-Kansas-City-missing-baby

An interesting take from a former police officer about the re-enactment:

A re-enactor likely walked through the house holding a doll about the same size and weight as Lisa to see how an abductor might have navigated the home in the middle of the night when everyone was asleep, he said. The goal would be to find small details that might initially have been overlooked or a trigger that could shift the investigation in a whole new direction.

Read more: http://www.kjrh.com/dpp/news/national/Police-back-at-home-of-Kansas-City-missing-baby#ixzz1aPfRCy2g

That sounds just like what they were doing.

They weren't trying to prove or disprove anything, they are trying to see what they should be looking for. Makes me wonder if that is even the window they think they might have come in. Just using it for the test then go in the other room where they think they came in and look around.

In da Middle
Kmbc live wire reporting that LE came out in response to neighbors complaints about media.

http://livewire.kmbc.com/Event/Live_Blog_Amber_Alert_Issued_For_Missing_10-Month-Old

MANY complaints!!! They are being so rude and getting on everybody's nerves. It was ok and understandable when the street was blocked off anyway, but they just kept blocking the streets with their trucks and themselves. Blocking a stop sign and with all the gawkers driving through that dont know it exists is an accident waiting to happen. uggg!

panthera
If my baby monitor is turned off, from the childrens room, it makes a loud crackling noise on the other end, which is in my room.

Thanks - so we can rule that out. Then why didn't she hear anything, or if she sleeps that soundly, what is the purpose of having the monitor? It is disturbing especially since the baby was reported to be sick.

goldringstx
10-10-2011, 04:35 PM
So, does it sound like whoever did this was familiar with baby monitors and knew it would make a loud noise?:waitasec:

I think it's definitely worth considering. My monitor will make a noise if the channel is switched as well. Someone would have to know this, otherwise, common sense would say to turn it off on the baby's end. Perp had to have known better already.

uvamerica
I have not seen this mentioned. Please excuse me if it has.

Just a theory: The mother might have been drinking that night. She was deep asleep or passed out, so she did not hear anything. Therefore, guilt and suspicious behavior?

Possible?

JMO

Good question, I've thought about that myself. If the mom was "passed out" what about the 2 older children ? wouldn't they have heard something ? I'm still wondering what made the boy wake up and go into bed with mom..:maddening:

SuziQ
Marc Klaas interveiw. I dont know if it was posted but I just saw it.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/26184891/vp/44842241#44801875

That was a very good video. I wonder if he has been in contact with this family?

iluvmua
http://www.fox4kc.com/news/wdaf-bradleys-family-talks-about-past-20111008,0,1316565.story

vlpate
Yeah and? LE settled the case as well. LE did wrongly name him the only suspect. No dispute on that. But IMO, RR was exactly where he should have been. Back in prison.

My original point was, he was looked at as the only suspect in the kidnapping of a teenage girl from her house at gunpoint...which changed to knifepoint. Possible life in prison, as opposed to a few years.

Just because someone has a criminal record does not mean they're game for any horrific crime that comes up.

yllek
I apologize if this has been brought up , I am trying my best to keep up! But what really bothers me is this,,, My husband travels for business a lot and I always keep my cell phone near by. I keep it plugged in at night next to my bed, I don't think that is unusual, especially in a home where there is no land line. Also the whole, "I was reprogramming the phones" seems a little strange to me,, everytime I have gotten a new phone they have done that for me at the store..

A few days ago, I believe someone posted (somewhere) that Debbi got her "new" phone from her father (his "old" phone), kept her old number and was just going to transfer her contacts manually. It may have been her father that posted it or her cousin. Please take getting a used phone from a family members as just a possibility as to why she would do it manually - I don't have a link. JMO.

marge_rita
10-10-2011, 04:36 PM
After this amount of time wouldn't the phones be dead?

Not to be contradictory, just a question since I never go that long without charging mine.

It's hard to say. I don't use my cell everyday but it only holds a charge for about 4 days. My dh uses his everyday and it stays charged for about 10 days at a time. Guess it depends on the phone's battery strength.

imo

EllaMae
So, does it sound like whoever did this was familiar with baby monitors and knew it would make a loud noise?:waitasec:

If the baby was taken by someone who wanted a replacement baby...then yes. Or even someone who has a relative with a baby, or a friend with a child.

After my son was too old to need the baby monitor anymore, my kids played with it. They used it for everything from a pretend office intercom to their own version of spy games with the neighbor kids.

zoomom
Ok, here is the video of LE going through a window several times.

http://www.kctv5.com/story/15647944/police-again-questioning-missing

I really wonder what the filming is about once the person is inside.

ok. I'm really sorry but that video just made me laugh.

Prancy
10-10-2011, 04:37 PM
Here's a fact: Lisa's parents have not been named suspects by LE.

I'm a little confused. Why did LE tell Mom that she failed the polograph and then accuse mom of doing something to the child? Here's one link by FOX News. I also saw the mother on FOX news this weekend in an interview say that LE told her she did something to the child. This is what Mom said they told her. Why do think she would say this?

http://video.foxnews.com/v/1206812569001/report-mother-of-missing-baby-failed-lie-detector-test/

raeann
10-10-2011, 04:37 PM
I apologize if this has been brought up , I am trying my best to keep up! But what really bothers me is this,,, My husband travels for business a lot and I always keep my cell phone near by. I keep it plugged in at night next to my bed, I don't think that is unusual, especially in a home where there is no land line. Also the whole, "I was reprogramming the phones" seems a little strange to me,, everytime I have gotten a new phone they have done that for me at the store..

It did not come from a store, it was a used one from her dad. If they are pay as you go phones, no store would do that anyway. Dozens of posters here have said that they have no land line and do NOT keep the phone by their bed. I do, but am perfectly fine with others who don't choose to.....in the "olden" days, there was usually only one phone in the house and it was almost always in the kitchen area. People survived just fine.....

jmo

Dr.Fessel
10-10-2011, 04:38 PM
I'd know too. Came home one after noon and noticed the slightest thing-- my doorbell switch had been moved, it was in a stuck position...luckily our mailman saw someone trying to enter the house. Mailman yelled at the almost breaker in person and called 911. I had the strangest feeling as pulled into the drive way.

imo

My mom and step dad live in the country and awhile back they were woken up by the doorbell going off non stop. They got up and found the button stuck.

Scares me.

But tell me, is your doorbell a remote one that has no wire from the button to the bell?

tlcya
10-10-2011, 04:38 PM
Thanks - so we can rule that out. Then why didn't she hear anything, or if she sleeps that soundly, what is the purpose of having the monitor? It is disturbing especially since the baby was reported to be sick.

Unless: see my post re: the model that I used with 2 channels. Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - MO MO - AMBER ALERT: Lisa Irwin, 10 months, Kansas City, 4 Oct 2011 - #12

SarahW
10-10-2011, 04:39 PM
Check this out - 2nd pic as you scroll down. Shoes? http://www.heycameraman.net/?p=1406 Those are BIG shoes, too.

loveandhugs
10-10-2011, 04:40 PM
Wouldn't a ten month old cry when seeing a stranger? I have a ten month old grandchild, she knows me, but is at the age where she just wants her mommy or daddy. If I pick her up, she cries for her mommy or daddy. What about the two step brothers. Are they also heavy sleepers? Did they hear anything? Does anyone know if LE would or has talked to them? I suppose both the mother and the boys are heavy sleepers???Sorry, until the parents can prove otherwise, I doubt their story. As much as we don't want to believe it, parents do bring harm to their children, and those that don't, do not complain when questioned by LE, their only concern is finding their child or children.

panthera

Same here, it's by the bed at night, or with me during the day. In this case, unless there was a landline phone in the master bedroom, I cannot understand leaving the phones in the kitchen overnight........not with JI at work, two small children and a sick baby.

MOO

Just K
That's what I thought.....one of my sons friends is thin and very athletic....I'm betting he could have jumped up, slid through and been in within a few seconds. In fact, I think he could have even gotten on that ledge, balanced and managed to turn sideways enough to go in feet first if he wanted. Just because some big guy in a uniform made it look hard, doesn't mean that it really is all that difficult.

jmoTrue but having a bigger body make it through that window means that someone any size smaller could do it as well. The point is the father is the one who kept saying that no one would be able to do it the way it was when he found it.

We have to remember that nearly every detail we know about Lisa and the events around her going missing has come from stories either told by Mom & Dad or on their behalf. LE has told the public VERY LITTLE.

Dr.Fessel
ok. I'm really sorry but that video just made me laugh. and that is just a few minutes of it. LOL There were other people going through that window too.

tlcya
Check this out - 2nd pic as you scroll down. Shoes? http://www.heycameraman.net/?p=1406 Those are BIG shoes, too.

Yep, I noticed that too. Wonder what it means.

cluciano63
10-10-2011, 04:41 PM
It did not come from a store, it was a used one from her dad. If they are pay as you go phones, no store would do that anyway. Dozens of posters here have said that they have no land line and do NOT keep the phone by their bed. I do, but am perfectly fine with others who don't choose to.....in the "olden" days, there was usually only one phone in the house and it was almost always in the kitchen area. People survived just fine.....

jmo

Well, in the past, people survived without cell phones and baby monitors and a lot of other things, but the point of those things, when one has young children, is safety, IMO. So why would a mom of a sick baby not have a phone nearby in her closed-up bedroom...I don't understand.

vlpate
10-10-2011, 04:43 PM
What I heard in the beginning was that she was adding the contacts from her old phone to the new ones. Not sure if that would be referred to as reprogramming.

Initial reports stated "re-programming".

"Bradley said that she had left three cell phones on the kitchen counter, where she had been re-programming the numbers".

I agree, two different things in my mind.

mrye4709
This lady has no clothes for children but she can post something on craigs list with her phone or computer very suspicious

These ads are VERY common for craigslist, every city every day. You would be amazed at what people ask for while they use their phones and computers.

loveandhugs
I'm a little confused. Why did LE tell Mom that she failed the polograph and then accuse mom of doing something to the child? Here's one link by FOX News. I also saw the mother on FOX news this weekend in an interview say that LE told her she did something to the child. This is what Mom said they told her. Why do think she would say this?

http://video.foxnews.com/v/1206812569001/report-mother-of-missing-baby-failed-lie-detector-test/

LE cannot say much about their investigation, but the mom can say anything she wants to make LE look bad, she wants the public to think that she stopped talking to LE because of the way they were treating her.

curiositycat
10-10-2011, 04:44 PM
I pray, with all my heart, that they find baby Lisa alive and return her to her family. If, she is not alive, I pray they find her soon, too. I really feel one of main reasons that the Casey Anthony trial turned out the way it did, is because of no cause of death. By the time they found her, they had little to go on.

I get so sad over the fact, that in the last five years that I have been on WS, most of the women and children that go missing are NEVER found. NEVER, and so people get by with murder.

Just once I want to see things turn out the way they should, either the missing alive and well, or in the case they aren't I want the perp to PAY to the MAX!

In da Middle
And to add to the O/T convo... over here closer to the middle of the state, I cringe when I see a Kansas license plate with JO in the corner, because a lot of them drive in the left hand lane and believe that no one should ever have a need to pass them (not even the MO State Troopers).

MOO :twocents: AND OFF TOPIC (1st time ever for me!!)
It is the standing here also. Why am I thinking that these media people have Johnson County tags on their personal cars?????

askfornina
@EricKCTV5 Now a crime scene van has pulled up to #LisaIrwin home. Half dozen detectives in backyard. You can hear a clanging sound of glass bottles.
1 minute ago

http://twitter.com/#!/EricKCTV5

EllaMae
10-10-2011, 04:45 PM

By the time a baby is Lisa'a age a parent just can't stay attuned to every little noise, or there would never be any sleep at night for a tired adult. Mobile babies move and make little noises and rustling sounds all night long sometimes. Usually a parent will wake up for a cry, or a sign of distress, or the sound of a baby climbing out of the crib, but not much else.

I'm sure there will be exceptions to this,but I'm speaking from my own experience, and from conversations I've had over the years with other parents about baby monitors.

sorrell skye
I hope LE did a very intensive examination of that window sill before they staged their breakin. If perp had of entered that window, there most likely would be some clothing fibers rubbed off into the side of house or sill. It would be a tight squeeze up and into that window. Fibers could be on the window itself (LE said window fell down onto his legs). Now, there will also be the officer's fibers. So, I hope they really examined it well first.

I think the window & windowsill was thoroughly examined from the get-go. I remember watching an early video (don't have the link, apologies) that showed the CSIs using a special forensics vacuum cleaner type gadget all around the window. I don't know if that was to collect possible fibers or some other piece of potential evidence, but it seemed to me that LE was being very thorough.

IMO, if there were any fibers on that window, they were collected.

laytonian
Well, in the past, people survived without cell phones and baby monitors and a lot of other things, but the point of those things, when one has young children, is safety, IMO. So why would a mom of a sick baby not have a phone nearby in her closed-up bedroom...I don't understand.

I'm not sure what good that would do.
No matter where the phone is, the sick baby isn't going to call her on it.

If she knows where the phone is, she can call for help (after checking the baby).

epiphany

Anyone else recall hearing mom, in a barely audible voice while dad was speaking during the Jeanine P interview, add that she always kept her cell phones on the kitchen counter? Perhaps, I'm imagining it? Still haven't seen the transcripts from the show.

cachmo
10-10-2011, 04:46 PM
Yep. And to elaborate further on baby monitors:

I had the kind that had two channels. If the monitor on the baby end was switched to the second channel, I had no clue on my end. I would have thought that it would have made a different noise or loud static as they do when baby's end is switched off. But it did not.

I know this because when my kids were smaller, I continued to use the monitors up til they were nearly school age. They discovered that the monitors were impeding on their ability to get up to mischief and began turning them to the second/alternate channel. It took me forever to figure out what the little boogers were up to. That was when I ended the use of the monitors :) The kids had outsmarted me/them.

Mine beeped if turned to another channel, unplugged,or turned off. My little girl loved to turn it off and see me come running.

EllaMae
@EricKCTV5 Now a crime scene van has pulled up to #LisaIrwin home. Half dozen detectives in backyard. You can hear a clanging sound of glass bottles.
1 minute ago

Oh My!!!

Glass bottles????

TexasLil
1 minute ago

Oh My!

panthera
10-10-2011, 04:47 PM

That is my point also. Having those safety measures, cell phone included, none of them are any good if one can sleep through any noise going on inside the baby's room or leaving the cell phones where one couldn't immediately get to them in case of an emergency........or in this case where an intruder could remove them.

As an aside, another use for baby monitors. Had them when my mother became ill and couldn't leave her bedroom in our home. Came in extremely handy when I wanted to be in the back yard or somewhere in the house where I might not hear her calling.

:)

vlpate

jmo

Where did you read that the phone came from her dad? I read a rumor that it was her grandmothers, but I don't have a link to an MSM article.

goldringstx
By the time a baby is Lisa'a age a parent just can't stay attuned to every little noise, or there would never be any sleep at night for a tired adult. Mobile babies move and make little noises and rustling sounds all night long sometimes. Usually a parent will wake up for a cry, or a sign of distress, or the sound of a baby climbing out of the crib, but not much else.

I'm sure there will be exceptions to this,but I'm speaking from my own experience, and from conversations I've had over the years with other parents about baby monitors.

If Lisa was picked up out of her crib and woken up by a stranger, I think she would have cried. I know my kids would have at her age.

curiousc
10-10-2011, 04:48 PM
1 minute ago

A clanging sound of glass bottles? I am puzzled.

cluciano63
I'm not sure what good that would do.
No matter where the phone is, the sick baby isn't going to call her on it.

If she knows where the phone is, she can call for help (after checking the baby).

What if you are awoken to the sound of glass breaking, or someone breaking in? Wouldn't you want to be able to call 911?

askfornina
PeterAlexander Peter Alexander
Detectives now combing #LisaIrwin garage & drainage ditch behind home for evidence. yfrog.com/j2mewfwj

http://twitter.com/#!/PeterAlexander

dog.gone.cute
10-10-2011, 04:49 PM
1 minute ago

BBM: WOW ... Is there any "live" coverage of this on now ?

TIA !!

Soulmagent
I find it more Believable if:

the lights had been off

the cell phone were still on the counter

and one of the Back windows were open

and Back door unlocked and open...

But the way they said it was....:waitasec:

That how is was in Haileigh Cumming case and no one believes it there.

Lights off, backdoor bricked. I dont know about windows but it didnt matter.

Funny how believable that would sound in this case but not that one.

EllaMae

I don't think Lisa was really that sick. She was well enough to participate in the birthday party activities.

JeannaT
Another thing. She said the baby monitor was on. So was it still on when they discovered Lisa missing? An intruder who takes the time to lift three cell phones likely would turn off the baby monitor so the person on the other end couldn't hear anything going on.

I don't know how much they would know about a baby monitor, but ours - if you turn it off, it alerts the parent's monitor loudly.

Plus, I think there's a very good chance that the intruder had no further intentions with the phones than to steal them. Oh cool, free phones.

gelfie68
10-10-2011, 04:50 PM
I think we need a new one. Getting a tad crowded in here:innocent::crazy:

laytonian
10-10-2011, 04:50 PM

To make the police look bad, and paint herself as their victim?

stilettos
10-10-2011, 04:51 PM
If Lisa was picked up out of her crib and woken up by a stranger, I think she would have cried. I know my kids would have at her age.

Yet one of my daughters would go to anyone...never met a stranger and was delighted with strangers. You just never know. I hated this response of hers...but my family said it meant that she was secure and made to feel safe by her parents. Who knows?

laytonian
10-10-2011, 04:51 PM

I've never understood the need for a new thread.
Can anyone explain?

It always seemed easier to search one long one.

cluciano63
10-10-2011, 04:52 PM
BBM: WOW ... Is there any "live" coverage of this on now ?

TIA !!

I hate to get all worked up like yesterday when LE went back over with lights flashing...

EllaMae
10-10-2011, 04:52 PM

Two of mine would have, but my first baby would not. She never did have stranger anxiety, and she would go to anyone without a fuss.

mysteriew
10-10-2011, 04:53 PM
Why would LE release the house then go back and do the reenactment? JMO

I can only think of one reason. They have gone to the DA saying they were ready to file charges, and the DA said wait a minute. Is it possible for a kidnapping to have happened the way parents say it happened? LE ends up back at the house checking to see if it could have happened that way. That is why the reenactment and the filming. If it wasn't possible, they want to show it wasn't possible.

Good to see they are finally checking on the roof to see if whatever they are looking for ended up up there!

goldringstx
Yet one of my daughters would go to anyone...never met a stranger and was delighted with strangers. You just never know. I hated this response of hers...but my family said it meant that she was secure and made to feel safe by her parents. Who knows?

I've known babies that way before, but I would assume that even a stranger-friendly baby may be started to wake up in a stranger's arms? Just an assumption on my part though.

curiositycat
Oh My!!!

Glass bottles????

Maybe something underneath glass bottles collected for recycling? Just a thought

In da Middle
1. The suspect had an affair with my Father. Her name had been given to LE the day after disappearance and unfortunately she was not investigated. Someone right under our thumb. 2. The neighborhood was quiet and friendly, but I would not say all the neighbors knew everyone. We new our immediate neighbors.

Thanks for your reply.
EVERYBODY is a bit exaggerated, but most of us have been here like 20+ years and most of the time 'strangers' are noticed. It is kinda like a small town except not everybody up in your business! I still believe this was somebody 'familiar' to the family and not just some lucky-a$$ stranger who happened upon. I really don't think the mom or dad had anything to do with it, but it would be more of a chance of that than complete stranger.

epiphany
Nothing missing but baby and 3 cell phones. Not even the pacifier, nor the blanket, nor one of the sleep/comfort items, but the cells were good to go?

http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-baby-lisa-parents-cell-phones-abduction/story?id=14679914

She said she put her daughter in her crib with her pacifier, blanket, glow worm toy and a Barney stuffed animal she loves to sleep with.

Renea
I haven't heard that DB is a smoker. Has this been reported? I must have missed it.

If she smoked... wouldn't she be thinner... almost everyone I know who smokes is thin...

vasportsmom
10-10-2011, 04:54 PM
1 minute ago

Oh My!!!

Glass bottles????

Oh My!

Ok, what am I missing? What is the importance of glass bottles?

laytonian
What if you are awoken to the sound of glass breaking, or someone breaking in? Wouldn't you want to be able to call 911?

No.
I wouldn't want whoever was breaking in, to know that someone heard them.
That's what security systems are for. Silent alarms.

pinki
This ad disturbs me. let the whole world know you need money and have two boys and ask not to be flaged. I hope you flagged it, She can use that number she has to call a chruch group and not strangers on the interenet who might not really want to help but still want to contact her.
plus if she has no money how is she posting this and she has money for a phone???

Cortne
Anyone else recall hearing mom, in a barely audible voice while dad was speaking during the Jeanine P interview, add that she always kept her cell phones on the kitchen counter? Perhaps, I'm imagining it? Still haven't seen the transcripts from the show.

I did!!

DLT88
ok. I'm really sorry but that video just made me laugh.

Looked a little bit like slapstick there at one point falling in through that window.

When I see that window, I'm wondering if a woman about 110 pounds got through there. That window looks very accessible to me. I could easily put my back to the house and scoot my butt partially on that brick ledge. And then just swing one leg in and then the other and not make a sound. People have actually used me a lot when they've locked themselves out and need someone to get through an open space to go inside and unlock the front door.

One speculation could be that a woman that size could have done the abduction. They are only using men for the recreation and that might not be accurate as far as noise level and ease or difficulty getting through the window.

sorrell skye
10-10-2011, 04:55 PM
Exactly. Honestly, however, I believe this window is a red herring. First of all, the window screen was bent in from the outside, yet still in the window frame. If an intruder had actually gone into the house through this window, wouldn't the screen be somewhere on the ground, outside? Who would take the time to replace the screen?

:waitasec:

ITA.

First of all, why would the screen be bent "in" if someone was outside trying to get inside?

IMO, it would have been bent out in an effort to remove it (IOW - someone would have pulled it outward, as they tried to take it off the window - not pushed it inwards).

And I seriously doubt a baby kidnapper would have taken the time to replace it back in the window frame before leaving.

JeannieC
This might have been covered but I've been on the scanner lately and missed many of the posts.

Has it been told how long the family have lived in this house?
I wonder if they changed all the locks when they moved into the house or if they have recently changed the locks.
If they changed them recently who installed them?

Could the screen have been bent from someone previously having been locked out of the house. Maybe they didn't notice it until Lisa went missing.

Does anyone else have a key to the house?

missadrienne
If she smoked... wouldn't she be thinner... almost everyone I know who smokes is thin...

And almost everyone that I know that smokes is overweight. How is this relevant?

uvamerica
Police search woody area behind neighbors home. http://www.heycameraman.net/?p=1407

Kat
10-10-2011, 04:56 PM
Reading along nothing to add except:

Anyone can start a new thread, don't need a mod to start one just need a mod to lock one up.

My fat behind smoked a pack a day for 25+ years. Smoking does not equate thin, JMHO :D

Hope this baby is located soon. I'll be back this week sometime to follow threads more closely :) (still have a guest here)

hollye
PeterAlexander Peter Alexander
Detectives now combing #LisaIrwin garage & drainage ditch behind home for evidence. yfrog.com/j2mewfwj

http://twitter.com/#!/PeterAlexander

They haven't done that already?!?!?!? I would think that every single inch of that property and the surrounding area would have been thoroughly searched with a fine tooth comb by now.

DLT88

I'm guessing to put small specimens in like hair or fibers? I've seen plastic bags used before but maybe some places use bottles?

Just K
It seems to me there would have been a shoe print outside that window... and inside the home... also, a fiber from the kidnappers shirt up against that widow sill....
And bits of mulch, grass or dirt on the floor moving through the computer room.

cluciano63
No.

Does this family have a silent alarm system?

JeannieC
10-10-2011, 04:57 PM
ITA.

First of all, why would the screen be bent "in" if someone was outside trying to get inside?

IMO, it would have been bent out in an effort to remove it (IOW - someone would have pulled it outward, as they tried to take it off the window).

I thought the same thing until I watched the police re-enactment. The screen went in as they tried to get in the window.

Cher352
I'd know too. Came home one after noon and noticed the slightest thing-- my doorbell switch had been moved, it was in a stuck position...luckily our mailman saw someone trying to enter the house. Mailman yelled at the almost breaker in person and called 911. I had the strangest feeling as pulled into the drive way.

imo

Those mailmen are great!

My sister was at work and when the mailman got to her house he found the bottom panels of the front door kicked in. He notified LE and a neighbor who in turn called my sister at work. Unfortunately her electronics were already gone.

EllaMae
I hate to get all worked up like yesterday when LE went back over with lights flashing...

Me too.

I just can't imagine what they are looking for now that they didn't search before.

This is such a puzzling case. If it wasn't so serious, and so sad for Baby Lisa, I might be able to see a little humor in the way LE has done a few things.

MissJames

Not my sister :banghead: The same one who snuck friends into the house. :furious:

ruby2
Another thing. She said the baby monitor was on. So was it still on when they discovered Lisa missing? An intruder who takes the time to lift three cell phones likely would turn off the baby monitor so the person on the other end couldn't hear anything going on.

First time poster, been reading for several days though.

You cannot turn off a baby monitor from the "outgoing" end for the purpose of the receiving end being silent. If you turn off the outgoing transmitting monitor, the receiving monitor (in the parents room) would immediately have loud static on it. You also cannot turn the channel on the outgoing monitor, it will result in loud static on the receiving monitor.

ETA: Nevermind, I see this has been covered! :) I tried to register last night when there was a similar discussion going on, but since I only have a gmail email address I had to wait for mod approval and by that time, the discussion was long gone. :)

passionflower
Glass bottles.like in beer?

wfgodot
10-10-2011, 04:58 PM

Is anybody working on a new thread? I'll do it if not. Let me know.

cluciano63
10-10-2011, 04:59 PM
I don't know why we would think we know everything LE has done...we didn't know that they had already been to the landfill at least once until they were out the second time. And FBI has been there most of this entire case, I am pretty sure they think up things to do in case local LE is clueless. JMO

Codger
10-10-2011, 05:00 PM
I've tried diligently to catch up. I surrender. Where's the blasted PAUSE button??? Meanwhile - ALL MOO - totally out of order, since I'm never current with posts...

DB leaving door unlocked - I never saw that as a confirmed fact? IF someone came in window, why not unlock door + exit through it? IF that's the scenario, it may have caused nothing for the dog to bark at, window in front, dog in back + it may have taken 5 minutes total. In the window, flip light on, grab baby, flip next light on, see + grab cell phones, unlock + out the door. I'm OCD about windows, doors + lights. All the same, I've been exhausted or sick enough to forget 1 or all. I'd absolutely have windows open with the weather that night. I have no idea what their "routine" was? Doesn't matter, that night was the 1st of a new routine + sick baby + I assume 2 boys in school next day + I assume 1 exhausted mom.

Re-enactment - I saw 3 different approaches to entering via window - ALL successful. 1st something to step on, up + in, no problem. I didn't observe "help", looked like "spotting" in case he slipped / fell. 2nd, "free climb", no boost, no step, just hoist himself, up, over, in, slick + quick. He'd even pulled up + put a foot on the sill first. 3rd with helper, boosting. I see no problem with anyone getting in that window easily. Personal experience - I'm NOT agile, young or small, + had a spell of locking myself out + window higher than this without ledge. For convenience I used a lawn chair to climb closer to the sill + tumble in, not graceful, but worked. I was also able to do this with no chair, step or help, but more of a struggle. If someone has enough desire to get in a window, it's easily doable. I think LE knew this already, so what was the point? To do it silently or without leaving fibers or WHAT?

Questions - What time did JI leave the home to go to work? What time was he scheduled to arrive home in the morning? When he returned home, which entrance did he use? Was this to be his first of many overnight shifts or a one time thing? What time did the younger boys go to bed? Did the youngest go to his bed first + later to Mom's or did he start sleeping in her bed? Did DB give any medicine to Lisa? What time? What time were neighbors visiting + what time did they leave?

Wishing baby Lisa is found safe, soon.

Now back to grumbling + cussing from my armchair POV...

TexasLil
10-10-2011, 05:01 PM

Not sure. I was shocked at the CSI van being there. Maybe they are combing through some garbage from the home looking for more evidence.

DLT88
10-10-2011, 05:02 PM
IF someone went through that window, there would have to be some kind of evidence on the window sill so I hope they got that before the cops did their reenactment. If no DNA, there should be threads or fibers from clothing worn by the person coming through the window.

MissJames
Looked a little bit like slapstick there at one point falling in through that window.

When I see that window, I'm wondering if a woman about 110 pounds got through there. That window looks very accessible to me. I could easily put my back to the house and scoot my butt partially on that brick ledge. And then just swing one leg in and then the other and not make a sound. People have actually used me a lot when they've locked themselves out and need someone to get through an open space to go inside and unlock the front door.

One speculation could be that a woman that size could have done the abduction. They are only using men for the recreation and that might not be accurate as far as noise level and ease or difficulty getting through the window.
And someone may have taken off their shoes and went in barefoot or with socks on.

Reality ,though ,is ,parents have time to hide a body before calling LE . Wouldn't we see evidence of a real intruder if someone took her?

Emeralgem
That how is was in Haileigh Cumming case and no one believes it there.

Lights off, backdoor bricked. I dont know about windows but it didnt matter.

Funny how believable that would sound in this case but not that one.

Misty claimed kitchen light was turned on when she and Ron C falsely reported Haleigh as being abducted....JMHO

uvamerica
10-10-2011, 05:03 PM

You cannot turn off a baby monitor from the "outgoing" end for the purpose of the receiving end being silent. If you turn off the outgoing transmitting monitor, the receiving monitor (in the parents room) would immediately have loud static on it. You also cannot turn the channel on the outgoing monitor, it will result in loud static on the receiving monitor.

:welcome: :welcome4: :Welcome1:

goldringstx
If the perp is a woman, I find it hard to believe no hair was left at the scene. I leave hair just about everywhere that I go and my hair isn't abnormally long.

JeannaT
To make the police look bad, and paint herself as their victim?

Well, in my opinion, if telling the truth makes her look like a victim and the police look bad - maybe she IS a victim and the police behaved badly? Just a thought.

TexasLil

:wagon:

vasportsmom
Me too.

I just can't imagine what they are looking for now that they didn't search before.

This is such a puzzling case. If it wasn't so serious, and so sad for Baby Lisa, I might be able to see a little humor in the way LE has done a few things.

I can't figure out all these return trips to the house to search. Either they are really inept at searching (and know it) or they are still getting pings in the vicinity of that house and can't figure out where the phones are hidden. MOO of course.

JeannaT
10-10-2011, 05:04 PM
Misty claimed kitchen light was turned on when she and Ron C falsely reported Haleigh as being abducted....JMHO

We don't know whether it was false or not - we don't know what happened to Haleigh.

goldringstx
10-10-2011, 05:05 PM
I can't figure out all these return trips to the house to search. Either they are really inept at searching (and know it) or they are still getting pings in the vicinity of that house and can't figure out where the phones are hidden. MOO of course.

New tips have to be coming from somewhere, and I just can't figure it out. I ASSume that they thought they canvassed the house/yard/woods well and are now second/third/fourth guessing themselves?

kantoo
10-10-2011, 05:05 PM
chopper's up

http://livewire.kmbc.com/Event/Live_Blog_Amber_Alert_Issued_For_Missing_10-Month-Old#ixzz1aPOMsv8E

freshmom
10-10-2011, 05:07 PM

This is exactly what I was thinking...

epiphany
10-10-2011, 05:08 PM
I did!!

I just searched again, and can't locate the Judge Jeanine P interview transcripts online. Would you mind posting a link? TIA!

uvamerica
10-10-2011, 05:09 PM
[QUOTE=vasportsmom;7212848]I can't figure out all these return trips to the house to search. Either they are really inept at searching (and know it) or they are still getting pings in the vicinity of that house and can't figure out where the phones are hidden. MOO of course.[/QUOTEIt

I think as LE comes up with new ideas, or theories, they go back to check them out, in hopes of coming up with some clue of what could have happened to Lisa. So in my mind its a good thing, at least they aren't sitting behind a desk trying to figure it out.

sorrell skye
10-10-2011, 05:10 PM

Crikey - you're on a roll, Panthera! Very good point!

If the kidnapper had the presence of mind to confiscate the cell phones in an alleged attempt to thwart calling 911 or "anybody", then this kidnapper would have also noticed the baby monitor light (signaling that it was "on") and would have turned it off, for obvious reasons.

The parents haven't said anything about it still being on when they discovered the baby missing, but DB stated recently that the monitor was on that night (I think she said they always had it on, IIRC).

wfgodot
New thread coming shortly! Hang on a minute.

epiphany
NewsChopper 9 is flying over the Irwin's house. Investigators are in the backyard and also searching a neighbor's backyard.
by Brian Foster - KMBC.com... 4:55 PM

BBM
http://livewire.kmbc.com/Event/Live_Blog_Amber_Alert_Issued_For_Missing_10-Month-Old

curiositycat
I wonder if they just now got a search warrant or if they got some credible tip regarding the back yard and drainage ditch? That's the only reason I can think of for just now doing the search????

Cortne
10-10-2011, 05:11 PM
I just searched again, and can't locate the Judge Jeanine P interview transcripts online. Would you mind posting a link? TIA!Sure give me a few mins to back track.

mysteriew
Okay I have a question.

LE seems to be looking for something in the backyard and surrounding areas. They have searched and searched again. They went over it with dogs. They searched with metal detectors (looking for something metal?) They checked the roof.

Using the metal detectors to me would indicate they are searching for something metal. They haven't found Lisa or the cell phones. What makes them think that whatever they are looking for in the yard, was in the yard and not with Lisa?

Is someone involved talking? Did a neighbor happen to notice someone in the back yard that night? I just get a strong feeling there is a witness of some type.

Dee10
I think the filmed re-enactment was made for a future court case for potential jurors to be able to watch, imagine this in the dark, the noise potentiality a person would make on landing as people have mentioned as well as lack of fibers, DNA etc...this what I think they were up to anyway.

stilettos
chopper's up

http://livewire.kmbc.com/Event/Live_Blog_Amber_Alert_Issued_For_Missing_10-Month-Old#ixzz1aPOMsv8E

Website says Chopper returning to base. Must be nothing???

goldringstx
10-10-2011, 05:12 PM
NewsChopper 9 is flying over the Irwin's house. Investigators are in the backyard and also searching a neighbor's backyard.
by Brian Foster - KMBC.com... 4:55 PM

BBM

Can anyone see the neighbor's backyard location relative to the Irwin home? Just wondering which neighbor it is.

panthera
10-10-2011, 05:13 PM

If the kidnapper had the presence of mind to confiscate the cell phones in an alleged attempt to thwart calling 911 or "anybody", then this kidnapper would have also noticed the baby monitor light (signaling that it was "on") and would have turned it off, for obvious reasons.

The parents haven't said anything about it still being on when they discovered the baby missing, but DB stated recently that the monitor was on that night (I think she said they always had it on, IIRC).

Since I posted, however, it appears if an intruder had turned off Lisa's monitor it would have created a loud static noise on the other end.........therefore likely if there was an intruder who knew anything about monitors it would have been left on. Still can't figure out how they knew the baby wouldn't make any noise though.

:)

goldringstx
This case has the FASTEST, most SHORT LIVED searches!

lauriej
..is this the same house LE was at the other day?

http://www.heycameraman.net/?p=1407 (http://www.heycameraman.net/?p=1407)

---some good pics here of current search---

Police search woody area behind neighbors home in the #LisaIrwin case.
Police arenít sayin what they are looking for but are now searching
behind a neighbors home on the corner of N Lister and 37th St.

Gardenlady
Oh dear, I was gone to try to make supper, and I've missed something, of course! What's going on now at the house? What's the significance of glass bottles?!

curiositycat
Okay I have a question.

LE seems to be looking for something in the backyard and surrounding areas. They have searched and searched again. They went over it with dogs. They searched with metal detectors (looking for something metal?) They checked the roof.

Using the metal detectors to me would indicate they are searching for something metal. They haven't found Lisa or the cell phones. What makes them think that whatever they are looking for in the yard, was in the yard and not with Lisa?

Is someone involved talking? Did a neighbor happen to notice someone in the back yard that night? I just get a strong feeling there is a witness of some type.
Yep, me too. Could it be the neighbor that was at the house and whose kids were watching movies with the two boys?

TexasLil
10-10-2011, 05:14 PM

Unless LE asked them to leave. They sure didn't stay up there long!

ClueMeIn
Ugh! They are searching behind the teenager's house!

vasportsmom
New tips have to be coming from somewhere, and I just can't figure it out. I ASSume that they thought they canvassed the house/yard/woods well and are now second/third/fourth guessing themselves?

Your explanation makes more sense than mine because I really can't imagine a phone holding charge this long but maybe the pings never left the vicinity of the home before the phones likely died so they are exasperated that they can't locate them but refuse to give up on it.

I wonder if the parents are still consenting to these searches or if LE is getting search warrants? All the searches in that area make it look like they are really focusing on at least one parent. TBH, I really don't understand why they haven't lawyered up at this point (maybe they have and we just aren't getting confirmation though there have been rumors). If the parents are innoncent (and I'm still giving them the benefit of the doubt) I can't imagine how frustrating it must be for them to watch LE concentrate on them and the area around their home while the real perp could be anywhere with their precious baby by now.

Again, MOO.

treeseeker
IMO, the return trips to the backyard might be to follow up on preliminary lab reports.

raeann
10-10-2011, 05:15 PM
chopper's up

Just an FYI....the second, third and fourth still pictures at this link are taken behind the previously discussed neighbors home......

JeannaT
10-10-2011, 05:15 PM
Ugh! They are searching behind the teenager's house!

Are you sure, or are you guessing? TIA -

natsound
10-10-2011, 05:16 PM

Could be just to shoot some video... for either the news or for LE.

lonetraveler
I've been spot reading trying to stay as caught up as I can since I've been in and out of the house today. However, I was wondering if any information has been published concerning the fathers' work. I do have a couple of questions about his activities: 1. Usually if you are starting a night shift you are given the day to catch a nap prior to going in to work. So, this should mean that he was at home that day prior to going in for the first night shift. Has any information been given about his activities that day? 2. Did he work alone at the night job or were other workers there as well? Can his time at work be verified?

PS. I couldn't get into the house one day after locking myself out and decided that I could crawl through the door dog..............got stuck.:floorlaugh:

Gardenlady
That white house with the red shutters....nearly positive it's the teen neighbors house...

Trying to find previous pics/articles

In da Middle
Police search woody area behind neighbors home. http://www.heycameraman.net/?p=1407
Note 'woody' area, not wooded! Just another one of those 'issues'! That is just their fence line behind the house.

FYI I can't get local tv broadcast at the moment. Something about the signals when the helicopters are here interfere with my signal.. Another one of my media issues!, but at least the helicopter isn't blocking the road!

wfgodot
10-10-2011, 05:17 PM
Let us adjourn to

Thread #13

CURRENT THREAD WILL BE CLOSED SHORTLY!!!

goldringstx
10-10-2011, 05:17 PM
Pulled property records for the house on the corner with the woods behind it, and there's nothing on case searches on the owner's last name.

Jacie Estes
10-10-2011, 05:18 PM

http://www.heycameraman.net/?p=1407

In da Middle
Does this family have a silent alarm system?
Security system??? where did you get that?

BetteDavisEyes
Article and video from today's Inside Edition:

http://www.insideedition.com/news/7005/authorities-test-theory-that-intruder-snatched-baby-lisa-irwin.aspx

Authorities Test Theory That Intruder Snatched Baby Lisa Irwin
Airdate : 10/10/2011

Police and FBI agents performed a crime scene reenactment to test what the parents of baby Lisa Irwin say happened the night she went missing. They say that an intruder climbed into a window and snatched Lisa from her crib.

The law enforcement officers were checking whether it is feasible that a kidnapper could climb into the window and climb out again holding the little baby.

Officers also used metal detectors to search the front yard of the house in Kansas City, Missouri.

Their work continued after nightfall. Using flashlights, they climbed on the roof of the house and searched the gutters for clues...

yllek
10-10-2011, 05:19 PM
We haven't heard from the parents in a couple of days. They were not with Jeremy's sister at the speedway event this weekend. Last we heard, they are reportedly cooperating with police again. Possible that some of the little gaps Debbi admitted were causing her problems with LE are now coming together if the parents have been spending time with LE. A good thing. Maybe that's why new re-enactments and new activity is occuring?

I do not believe that this LE is doing anything obvious at the house for the first time. They definitely don't appear like Keystone Cops to me. We watched them, in full protective gear, processing the window seals, checking the outside very early on... They've been interviewing and re-interviewing in the area. They searched the immediate areas and the landfill mutiple times. They've followed on tips. They're pushing the mother for as much detail as possible. They have searched the home, with the parents' consent, a few times. As a new details emerge, I think it's natural that LE would go back and check/test specifics. All this is a good sign to me. Imo.

PlainJaneDoe
10-10-2011, 05:19 PM
I have a question about the river. How fast is the current? Is it a slow moving river or not?

If Baby Lisa was put in there, is there any chance that she may surface?

In one of the reader comments on an article linked earlier today by BeanE, it was stated that right now the MO is very low due to low rainfall in the past several weeks. However, yesterday there were photos posted (thread 11?) of the river, with the note that the current is very fast. I am not sure when the pics were taken, or how deep the river is at the moment.

chieftess
10-10-2011, 05:20 PM
has it been damp or rainy in the area then? I haven't seen anything posted regarding rainfall totals in the area or if there had been recent rains. If there have been, then yes, it is more likely that an intruder would leave footprints, mud. etc.

If KC has been experiencing the drought type weather that many states have this year, then it is just as likely that no footprints/mud, etc were evident.

Any of our locals that could chime in regarding recent rainfall in the area?

Today was the first rain in 22 days, and it wasn't much! We have been in a drought, with temperatures well above normal for this time of year

mck16

It sure looks like the one from the other day. jmo

cluciano63
Security system??? where did you get that?

A poster suggested that having a phone in a bedroom wasn't really that important if one has a silent alarm...so I wondered...

mysteriew
IMO, the return trips to the backyard might be to follow up on preliminary lab reports.

You mean to get like soil samples/vegetation samples? Generally those would be collected by the forensic people, not investigators. And I would think they would have collected comparison/control samples when they collected any forensic samples.

JeannieC
10-10-2011, 05:22 PM

ETA: Nevermind, I see this has been covered! :) I tried to register last night when there was a similar discussion going on, but since I only have a gmail email address I had to wait for mod approval and by that time, the discussion was long gone. :)

:welcome3:

raeann

http://www.heycameraman.net/?p=1407

yes....and that is 37th street that leads directly to the apartments with the dumpster fire IIRC

In da Middle
They could easily be hidden in the 'woody' area and take a while to find. If they are getting this info from pings, this area would still show up as feet away from the I's house.

sorrell skye
10-10-2011, 05:23 PM

Good point. I know nothing about baby monitors - never used them.

wfgodot
10-10-2011, 05:23 PM
Thread #13

no more comments on this thread thanks.

alwaysonmymind
10-10-2011, 05:24 PM

FWIW, some baby monitors are equipped with 'out of range' capabilities that activate when the transmitter is turned off/unplugged. The receiver will beep and lights will flash.

IMO, depending on the model , the baby monitior could have made more noise if switched off.

EllaMae
10-10-2011, 05:25 PM
yes....and that is 37th street that leads directly to the apartments with the dumpster fire IIRC

Wow. That's interesting right there. I wonder how that dumpster fire is going to tie in to this crime.

In da Middle
10-10-2011, 05:25 PM

yes it is

In da Middle
10-10-2011, 05:26 PM
or the search warrant was ok'd

treeseeker
10-10-2011, 05:26 PM
You mean to get like soil samples/vegetation samples? Generally those would be collected by the forensic people, not investigators. And I would think they would have collected comparison/control samples when they collected any forensic samples.

A CSI van was there at the house, officers were wearing gloves. It appeared something was taken to the van, but the reporter said it was shielded from his view.

In da Middle
10-10-2011, 05:28 PM
Pulled property records for the house on the corner with the woods behind it, and there's nothing on case searches on the owner's last name.

Oh, yes there is!

EllaMae
10-10-2011, 05:28 PM
A CSI van was there at the house, officers were wearing gloves. It appeared something was taken to the van, but the reporter said it was shielded from his view.

Which house? The neighbor's house?

mysteriew
10-10-2011, 05:29 PM
How far away from the house is the creek or river that was talked about?

chieftess
10-10-2011, 05:31 PM
We haven't heard from the parents in a couple of days. They were not with Jeremy's sister at the speedway event this weekend. Last we heard, they are reportedly cooperating with police again. Possible that some of the little gaps Debbi admitted were causing her problems with LE are now coming together if the parents have been spending time with LE. A good thing. Maybe that's why new re-enactments and new activity is occuring?

I do not believe that this LE is doing anything obvious at the house for the first time. They definitely don't appear like Keystone Cops to me. We watched them, in full protective gear, processing the window seals, checking the outside very early on... They've been interviewing and re-interviewing in the area. They searched the immediate areas and the landfill mutiple times. They've followed on tips. They're pushing the mother for as much detail as possible. They have searched the home, with the parents' consent, a few times. As a new details emerge, I think it's natural that LE would go back and check/test specifics. All this is a good sign to me. Imo.

THANK YOU!!!
I keep seeing so many references on this board that want to portray LE as inept. I live in KC, and have known many officers. They are a very professional organization and I have never seen or heard of them not being competent.

Bon
The most baffling thing about this case to me is why not poly the father?

It is baffling...they could ask him if he knows anything, did his wife share something with him, he may not have been involved initially but she could have confided in him to help her out of the mess if she indeed is in someway involved in Lisa missing...

treeseeker
Which house? The neighbor's house?

It was on the street, appeared to be in front of the Irwin home.

SarahW
10-10-2011, 05:33 PM
It sure looks like the one from the other day. jmo

Yes, it's next door.(3404)

PlainJaneDoe
10-10-2011, 05:33 PM
I just watched a show last night that demonstrated how easy it is to change peoples memories of an event to the point they would swear a person was wearing a short bright red coat when they were really wearing a long green trench coat.

It told all about and showed how your real memory will change when presented with evidence that your memory had to be wrong when the evidence they are giving to prove you are wrong is fake. You go right along with it.

I can't remember the name of the show but it was really good. I think it was on the history channel last night.

Google Elisabeth Loftus. Memory is such an interesting thing.

Every time we recall a memory, we take it out of storage, so to speak, and it can be altered before it's returned to storage. This is a really simplified version of what I understand about memory but I just wanted to emphasize that memories are not written in stone. I am so glad that someone brought this up ...it prevents me from getting up on my soapbox. :innocent:

I'm sure that CN2Souls realizes this, so not an attack or meant to discredit the idea that we should keep our eyes open for inconsistencies in people's stories! I just wanted to draw more attention to the fact that we should also keep the malleability of memory in mind and really think about whether the changes are a result of deception or of just the normal processes of the brain.

shorty42404
10-10-2011, 05:37 PM
Has this been posted yet?

http://www.kansascity.com/2011/10/10/3199043/kc-police-search-backyard-of-missing.html

Also Monday, reports surfaced of a homeless man seen in the area in the weeks leading up to the possible kidnapping of the 10-month-old Irwin from her Kansas City, North home in the 3600 block of North Lister Avenue.

sorrell skye
10-10-2011, 05:38 PM

Mine, too, as well my 11 month old granddaughter.

SarahW
Oh, yes there is!

My knowX search on the address came up completely blank. Curious as all get out now.

shorty42404

http://www.kansascity.com/2011/10/10/3199043/kc-police-search-backyard-of-missing.html

Also Monday, reports surfaced of a homeless man seen in the area in the weeks leading up to the possible kidnapping of the 10-month-old Irwin from her Kansas City, North home in the 3600 block of North Lister Avenue.

askfornina
10-10-2011, 05:40 PM
KCTV5_5PM Liz Manninger
RT @EricKCTV5: #LisaIrwin TIPS Hotline says 1,000 calls have been made. 250 sent to detectives. 10 core detectives,30-50 check leads today.

JeannaT
10-10-2011, 05:41 PM

Thanks. The article also states LE spent part of the afternoon INSIDE the neighbor's home. So, they're not just looking for something dropped by someone running through the area, it doesn't seem.

Inspector Gidget
10-10-2011, 05:41 PM

Usually when they get attorneys they keep quiet.They now have one

Inspector Gidget
10-10-2011, 05:43 PM

That's funny what would a homeless man do with a baby.They can barely take care of themselves.I doubt if they know people that would buy one.

sorrell skye
10-10-2011, 05:44 PM

No.

I don't think the Irwin/Bradley household has a security silent alarm system.

sorrell skye
10-10-2011, 05:47 PM
And almost everyone that I know that smokes is overweight. How is this relevant?

I've been wondering the same thing. :waitasec:

summer_breeze
10-10-2011, 05:47 PM
Locking thread....Please move on over to the new thread.

#13 (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151039&page=9)