PDA

View Full Version : 10/28/11 Private Investigator Returns, Baby Lisa’s Family Leaves

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Flutterby80
10-28-2011, 11:29 PM
http://www.kmbc.com/r/29621147/detail.html

Moments after private investigator Bill Stanton returned to Kansas City to see the family of missing 11-month-old Lisa Irwin, the family left a relativeís home in a convoy of vehicles with Stanton

Read more: http://www.kmbc.com/news/29621147/detail.html#ixzz1c8by3hrl

Flutterby80
10-28-2011, 11:30 PM
I hope I did this correctly and that it was ok for me to do it!

marycarney
10-28-2011, 11:32 PM
I suppose it's too much to hope they are on their way to the police department - ALL OF THEM - to tell everything they know. Sigh..........

curiousc
10-28-2011, 11:35 PM
I suppose it's too much to hope they are on their way to the police department - ALL OF THEM - to tell everything they know. Sigh..........

I'd say don't hold your breath :(

Where are they going at 10:00 at night, I wonder.

Flutterby80
10-28-2011, 11:38 PM
I can't think of too many options. The police department or a location where evidence (or a body) was found are the only two I can think of. Would they take the family to a search site? The kids??

KCMommie
10-28-2011, 11:39 PM

Out of State?

Kamille
10-28-2011, 11:40 PM

I'm guessing BS has brought in some new "team" members for them to meet. At a local hotel possibly.

MOO

Abby Normal
10-28-2011, 11:41 PM
Hotel? Maybe spooked by Ms. Porter knocking on door twice and talking to media outside their home? Actual threats? I am sure they have made a lot of enemies.Random possibility, thus the question marks :)

vlpate
10-28-2011, 11:41 PM
http://www.kmbc.com/r/29621147/detail.html

Moments after private investigator Bill Stanton returned to Kansas City to see the family of missing 11-month-old Lisa Irwin, the family left a relativeís home in a convoy of vehicles with Stanton

Read more: http://www.kmbc.com/news/29621147/detail.html#ixzz1c8by3hrl

Hopefully part of that convoy consists of news trucks....

I think this is going to be something big....I doubt they are going to dinner.

curiousc
10-28-2011, 11:42 PM
New tweets in the MSM forum saying they were loading pillows and blankets. Hmmm.....

iamnotagolem
10-28-2011, 11:42 PM
Time for a weekend away, my guess is they're headed to MCI for a vacation out of town.

MOO

mlc9852
10-28-2011, 11:43 PM
I'm guessing BS has brought in some new "team" members for them to meet. At a local hotel possibly.

MOO

But I thought the family was exhausted?

djm41
10-28-2011, 11:43 PM
I can deal with them pretty much going anywhere as long as its not on a vacation. I am pretty sure my head would explode if that was the case.

cachmo
10-28-2011, 11:44 PM
Did I read somewhere earlier that BS was coming in Sunday? If that is so, what made him rush back?

vlpate
10-28-2011, 11:48 PM
I can deal with them pretty much going anywhere as long as its not on a vacation. I am pretty sure my head would explode if that was the case.

A weekend cruise maybe? OMG, I'm having dejavu...

mysteriew
10-28-2011, 11:49 PM
According to this they "packed up" a mini van and left in a convoy of 4 vehicles.
http://livewire.kmbc.com/Event/Live_Blog_Amber_Alert_Issued_For_Missing_10-Month-Old

He doesn't say what Packed up means. I'm thinking it could either be carrying a few bags or it could be they packed the mini van with boxes, suitcases etc.

It was awfully late to be forming a "convoy" and driving away.

alien
10-28-2011, 11:50 PM
But I thought the family was exhausted?
Does this couple has high credibility?

Flutterby80
Is it possible the police alerted someone that they were preparing to either search the relative's house they were staying at or that there was going to be an announcement? Maybe if an announcement is pending, the family wants to be in an undisclosed location?

RainyGirl
So help me God, if I find out they're staying at a posh 5-star hotel (and enjoying crab puffs), I think I'm gonna lose it. I've *tried* to remain "open" to all possible scenarios in this case, but I've got such a sad, dreadful feeling about the fate of precious Lisa. God Bless You little darling girl.....I fervently pray you are found soon Lisa!
JMO.....

Kamille
According to this they "packed up" a mini van and left in a convoy of 4 vehicles.
http://livewire.kmbc.com/Event/Live_Blog_Amber_Alert_Issued_For_Missing_10-Month-Old

He doesn't say what Packed up means. I;m thining it could either be carrying a few bags or it could be they packed the mini van with boxes.

It was awfully late to be forming a "convoy" and driving away.

I guess the big question is does LE know where they're going? :waitasec:

Aedrys
Not only a convoy, but one with two decoy cars. *big eyeroll* I sure hope they aren't going to Disney World this weekend...

alwaysonmymind
10-28-2011, 11:51 PM
New tweets in the MSM forum saying they were loading pillows and blankets. Hmmm.....

And someone tweeted that 2 of the cars returned to the house.

My thoughts- they sent the boys to relatives.

Aedrys
10-28-2011, 11:51 PM
So help me God, if I find out they're staying at a posh 5-star hotel (and enjoying crab puffs), I think I'm gonna lose it. I've *tried* to remain "open" to all possible scenarios in this case, but I've got such a sad, dreadful feeling about the fate of precious Lisa. God Bless You little darling girl.....I fervently pray you are found soon Lisa!
JMO.....

OMG, you and me both. I will literally start throwing things!!!!!

mysteriew
10-28-2011, 11:52 PM

MOO

Good theory, I was completely drawing a blank.

Cazzie
10-28-2011, 11:53 PM
I hope I did this correctly and that it was ok for me to do it!
You did great! :rocker:

Flutterby80
10-28-2011, 11:54 PM
If the boys are being sent away, maybe there is an arrest pending on one or both of the parents. Maybe they don't want the boys at the home because of all the media attention, but the parents are going to turn themselves in. A million possibilities here, not just a couple like I thought at first.

curiositycat
10-28-2011, 11:55 PM
When I said this morning that one of the national networks would probably pay for a weekend @Disney world, I was attempting to be funny.

holy moly..these people are under the impression they are celebs. This whole situation is bizarre! This show is being directed by someone with mucho bucks, but WHO???

moo

Kamille
10-28-2011, 11:56 PM

I think you might be right.

flipflop
SOMETHING has shaken up this case...they cancel the interview with the boys, attorney is fired from the case, BS returns and leaves with the family ...alot of circus acts all in one day....hmmmmmmmm something is stirring

starpatch
Why are the little boys up at 10:00pm, and, why the rush at night.

Why are the parents of Lisa hiding, not searching for an infant????

This whole thing is sickening to me.

Kamille
10-28-2011, 11:57 PM
So how does this work? Can they just pick up and move somewhere else and leave this to LE to solve.....like Josh Powell did? :waitasec:

Cortne
10-28-2011, 11:57 PM
Out of State?

Oh wow really? What is next is these people? My first thought was out of state as well but I doubt they think they can just run for it w o LE knowing..Betting they would wanna know. Just wow I swear I dont know why I am one of the people holding the fence up. Lol. Seriously?

Flutterby80
10-28-2011, 11:58 PM

Well at least the boys got to stay up past 6:40!!

curiousc
10-28-2011, 11:58 PM

Ah, you may be correct.

Kamille
10-28-2011, 11:59 PM
If the boys are being sent away, maybe there is an arrest pending on one or both of the parents. Maybe they don't want the boys at the home because of all the media attention, but the parents are going to turn themselves in. A million possibilities here, not just a couple like I thought at first.

Or they're just getting the boys away from the circus? It has to be tough on them. I wonder if they're going to attend school somewhere else...or at all?

MOO

curiositycat
10-29-2011, 12:00 AM
So how does this work? Can they just pick up and move somewhere else and leave this to LE to solve.....like Josh Powell did? :waitasec:

I think so. They have not been named as suspects or persons of interest.

alien
10-29-2011, 12:01 AM
I think so. They have not been named as suspects or persons of interest.

So, the boys will never be interviewed by the police again.
What a good plan!

curiousc
10-29-2011, 12:02 AM
Judy3113 Judy
Bill Stanton had been helping the family load pillows and blankets into the #LisaIrwin family van before the caravan took off #BabyLisa
1 minute ago

woodsiecam Woodsie
National network news also wondering where family is, Today Show stopped by looking for help in finding #LisaIrwin family #BabyLisa
2 minutes ago

trmndsblndtte Katie Leas
@
@KrisColvin may as well get Stephanie Plum on it. #LisaIrwin
4 minutes ago

I found the tweet about the Today show stopping by today interesting.

eileenhawkeye
10-29-2011, 12:03 AM
Is there any proof that the family is heading to Disney World besides that a family in another case went there?

mysteriew

Yes. They haven't been charged with anything. But unless they go to a country without an extradition policy they can always be brought back.

missm
If my child ( G-d forbid) was missing, you would not be able to drag me kckng & screaming from my house. I would be glued inside, waiting desperately for any scrap of news or the slimmest possibility someone who had a tip might contact me.

It is very, very weird.

Cortne
Ah, you may be correct.
Maybe so.

Hopefully the boys got questioned first? (I have been away)

And of course if the baby was stolen who would want to be away from their other children?
Surely not these people.

Thats just me tho.

SuziQ
10-29-2011, 12:04 AM

It's not a school night. When my kids were that age we'd watch movies, play games, and eat too much candy until 3am. And if we were getting a late start on a trip, I'd keep the kids up so they would sleep in the car and not bug us about "are we there yet?" lol

curiositycat
10-29-2011, 12:06 AM
So, the boys will never be interviewed by the police again.
What a good plan!

This is so dysfunctional. I wonder if they were drinking?

Hadn't thought about this..but you are right...if they aren't there it will be harder to interview them..however I never really thought they would let them interview them. Moo

chastity
10-29-2011, 12:06 AM
We had a week old baby from my area stolen a couple of years ago, and when she was found and before they announced it, they picked the family up and took them to the hospital where they were checking the baby out. I am stilll trying to believe in miracles over here!!

SuziQ
10-29-2011, 12:08 AM

FWIW, we don't know where they went or why they left.

curiositycat
10-29-2011, 12:08 AM
Is there any proof that the family is heading to Disney World besides that a family in another case went there?

NO...I was only joking about that. No idea where they went or why.

alwaysonmymind
10-29-2011, 12:09 AM
We had a week old baby from my area stolen a couple of years ago, and when she was found and before they announced it, they picked the family up and took them to the hospital where they were checking the baby out. I am stilll trying to believe in miracles over here!!

That was a miracle!

mysteriew
10-29-2011, 12:09 AM

Good idea. And if the boys aren't with them, LE may not know where they are. Thus it would be hard for LE to get a court order and show up at the school to pick them up. Now they will have to find them. To find them, they would most likely have to talk to the parents. And we all know how that goes.

Leaving this late and taking blankets and pillows. Maybe driving a long distance? Leaving late because you make better time at night without all the traffic? So are they going south or east?

Quiche
10-29-2011, 12:11 AM
I think the rumors of the parents being suicidal made NBC/ABC (whoever) get their minions over there and diffuse the tension. They've taken a pretty big risk sticking their big foot into the workings of a missing child case.

I wasn't kidding when I talked about Disney World, not at all. The networks love to offer that at the most inappropriate times. It wouldn't surprise me in the least...

MOO

Pacific2011
Do you think either -- or both -- of the parents might be suicidal? Maybe he/she/they are being hospitalized for mental health care. MOO.

And we haven't heard who was in the two cars that returned to the neighborhod. Right?

P.S. But my money is on Disney World!

tehcloser
hmmm.........odd things a foot for sure.

alwaysonmymind
10-29-2011, 12:12 AM
Another thought.....

What if they had a falling out with the family members they are staying with? I could see that as a possibility for the road trip. moo

Flutterby80
If they packed up the family with pillows and blankets to take them to a location far away because Lisa has been found there alive...I can't think of anything better.

curiositycat
Good idea. And if the boys aren't with them, LE may not know where they are. Thus it would be hard for LE to get a court order and show up at the school to pick them up. Now they will have to find them. To find them, they would most likely have to talk to the parents. And we all know how that goes.

I was under the impression the cars returned without DB, JI or the boys.

curiousc
10-29-2011, 12:14 AM
http://www.fox4kc.com/news/wdaf-baby-lisas-parents-call-cops-on-tina-porter-take-off-with-bill-stanton-20111028,0,1271688.story
Baby Lisa's Parents Call Cops on Tina Porter, Take Off with Bill Stanton

In this video it shows DB, JI, the boys and other family members leaving.

iamnotagolem
10-29-2011, 12:14 AM
So if the theory that this is a hoax or a family member is involved maybe this is when Lisa is dropped at a hospital and the family gets her back? Is it possible that they've had here there the whole time? The entire family is in on it? It would explain why they are all supportive of them.

Or Disneyland.

Quiche
10-29-2011, 12:15 AM
It smells like a trip to the airport at this hour. jmo

Emeralgem
10-29-2011, 12:16 AM
I think the rumors of the parents being suicidal made NBC/ABC (whoever) get their minions over there and diffuse the tension. They've taken a pretty big risk sticking their big foot into the workings of a missing child case.

I wasn't kidding when I talked about Disney World, not at all. The networks love to offer that at the most inappropriate times. It wouldn't surprise me in the least...

MOO

IF I ever find out a major network has paid for them to go on vacation, I will never watch that network again...JMHO

KathrynL
10-29-2011, 12:17 AM
Another thought.....

What if they had a falling out with the family members they are staying with? I could see that as a possibility for the road trip. moo

There could definitely be tension there-4 extra people in the house, the media camped outside...and who knows what family conversation might consist of these days. Isn't it JI's family they are staying with? Someone please let me know if I have that wrong. tia (and MOO)

CharlestonGal
10-29-2011, 12:17 AM
This is so dysfunctional. I wonder if they were drinking?

Hadn't thought about this..but you are right...if they aren't there it will be harder to interview them..however I never really thought they would let them interview them. Moo

I told my friend this morning that the parents would hide the boys from the police at some point this weekend. I didn't think it would be this evening though. I was thinking tomorrow afternoon. I guess they aren't that exhausted after all.

Bon
10-29-2011, 12:18 AM
What the heck is going on??? BS arrives back at 10:00 at night and the family leaves in a convoy??? Can this get any stranger??? BS is working with the family and not for Lisa, IMO!

curiositycat
With blankets and pillows being packed they may have rented a house for the weekend..perhaps they were getting on families nerves.

iamnotagolem
What time did they leave the house? There is a 9:35p flight to San Diego.

curiousc
10-29-2011, 12:19 AM
I think they are going to another location to get away from the media and people stopping and knocking on their door. This is what I think it is anyhow.

curiousc

BS showed up at the house at 9:30.

ETA: They could be taking a private plane somewhere. Who knows!

Melanie

Prolly gonna go swim with some dolphins.

:furious:

mysteriew
10-29-2011, 12:20 AM
Speaking of Disneyworld, Drew Peterson took his kids to Disney just before he announced that he hired a publicist. Casey A. was in jail and didn't go to Disney, but Baez got a stay on a yacht in Fla. just about the time of announing they had a publicist. So yeah, it could be Disney.

Flutterby80
Isn't this the second parent of missing children who has tried to help Lisa's family and been immediately turned away? Why would they call the police? Why leave the house? I don't understand!

Pacific2011

Sea World???

eileenhawkeye
10-29-2011, 12:21 AM
This topic has nothing to do with the Anthony case, so I really don't understand all the references to Disney World. This is the Lisa Irwin forum, not the Caylee Anthony forum. They are two separate cases, and not everything is this case is connected to the Anthony case.

iamnotagolem
10-29-2011, 12:21 AM
BS showed up at the house at 9:30.

ETA: They could be taking a private plane somewhere. Who knows!

Thank you! So if they are flying somewhere, it's probably safe to say it's not commercial.

Quiche
10-29-2011, 12:23 AM
Speaking of Disneyworld, Drew Peterson took his kids to Disney just before he announced that he hired a publicist. Casey A. was in jail and didn't go to Disney, but Baez got a stay on a yacht in Fla. just about the time of announing they had a publicist. So yeah, it could be Disney.

Misty Croslin and Ronald Cummings went to New York and Disney World.

mo

CharlestonGal
With blankets and pillows being packed they may have rented a house for the weekend..perhaps they were getting on families nerves.

How are they renting a house if they can't even pay their cell phone bill?

I don't blame them for leaving though. Someone is going to get hurt soon. There really are some loons out there and many people are fired up about the parents' refusal to participate in finding out where their baby is or what happened to her. Look what happened at the Anthony's when they let FCA come home.

I imagine the neighbors need a break too, and are happy to see them go.

Abby Normal
I doubt they would need pillows if they were getting on a plane. Anything that big and you would buy new pillows. Jmo.

curiousc
Thank you! So if they are flying somewhere, it's probably safe to say it's not commercial.

Probably not, but that's my guess.

They really could be going anywhere at this point but I don't think it will be too long before we find out where they went.

momtective
http://www.fox4kc.com/news/wdaf-baby-lisas-parents-call-cops-on-tina-porter-take-off-with-bill-stanton-20111028,0,1271688.story

They didn't look to be in a really big hurry so I'm going to guess here that this has nothing to do with Lisa.

Bon
Isn't this the second parent of missing children who has tried to help Lisa's family and been immediately turned away? Why would they call the police? Why leave the house? I don't understand!

That makes two of us.........:waitasec:

iamnotagolem
10-29-2011, 12:24 AM
They didn't look to be in a really big hurry so I'm going to guess here that this has nothing to do with Lisa.

JMO, but not much has had to do with Lisa. :(

mysteriew
10-29-2011, 12:25 AM
This topic has nothing to do with the Anthony case, so I'm really don't understand all the references to Disney World. This is the Lisa Irwin forum, not the Caylee Anthony forum. They are two separate cases, and not everything is this case is connected to the Anthony case.

This is baby Lisa's case and not the Anthony case. But some patterns develop that you see in other cases that might fit this one. So you will see some comparisons with other cases.

I myself have thought of one situation that it might be, but also considering a pattern set up in other missing cases.

Quiche
This topic has nothing to do with the Anthony case, so I'm really don't understand all the references to Disney World. This is the Lisa Irwin forum, not the Caylee Anthony forum. They are two separate cases, and not everything is this case is connected to the Anthony case.

Except that DB and JI sold exclusives to ABC and NBC within a couple of days of Lisa being gone. Bill S. and Joe T. are associated with NBC, iirc. mo

curiositycat
I wonder if they packed a box o wine??? Like the American Express card "Don't leave home without it". Sorry I couldn't stop myself....hahahaaaa

curiositycat
10-29-2011, 12:27 AM
How are they renting a house if they can't even pay their cell phone bill?

I don't blame them for leaving though. Someone is going to get hurt soon. There really are some loons out there and many people are fired up about the parents' refusal to participate in finding out where their baby is or what happened to her. Look what happened at the Anthony's when they let FCA come home.

I imagine the neighbors need a break too, and are happy to see them go.

How did they afford a top notch defense attorney?..

CharlestonGal
10-29-2011, 12:28 AM

They appear to be markedly paranoid about the authorities and any and all outsiders. I wonder why that would be?:waitasec:

CharlestonGal
10-29-2011, 12:30 AM
How did they afford a top notch defense attorney?..

I thought the wealthy benefactor was paying him? Or is that BS (the PI)?

Ohhhh....duh. Yeah, I get it. I'm a little slow sometimes.

curiousc
It will be 4 weeks on Monday. Where is Baby Lisa?

4 weeks and only LE has done things to help look for this sweet baby. Why not the parents?

Flyers were handed out at a race meet on one weekend, and that was it.

I've seen nothing else done but a cat and mouse game with the parents, the PI, and the lawyers with LE.

Please, find Lisa!

mysteriew
Packing pillows and blankets, to me suggests a long trip. If going to the airport, they wouldn't need them. If going to the cop shop or if something was learned about Lisa, they wouldn't need them and I would think they probably wouldn't take the boys.

If the boys were going someplace else to stay I guess they could need more pillows and blankets. But I find it less likely that that is what they are doing for some reason.

KCMommie
10-29-2011, 12:33 AM
They struck oil!

So, the first thing you know, old Deb's a millionaire...

Tha Kinfolk said "Deb, move away from there!"

"California is the place ya aught to be!"

... So they loaded up the truck and they moved to Beverly. ...

Seriously, my head exploded when DB sat on National Television and took an indignant attitude about her drunken "adult time" consisting of leaving her still-in-diapers, semi-walking, ill baby girl in an (unsafe) crib for 9-10 hours unsupervised. It's been beyond downhill ever since.. then again.. my standards are pretty high I guess. pfft...Jiminy Crickets

Flutterby80
10-29-2011, 12:33 AM
It's like they get up each morning, have a cup of coffee and discuss the best way to make themselves appear more guilty. "What can we do, or not do, today to seem more guilty than yesterday and to make sure our daughter is not found?" Every day brings something more ridiculous from this family. Even if they didn't do anything to Lisa, it would be a miracle if she's ever found and IMO we can thank the parents.

lynnb
10-29-2011, 12:35 AM
I wonder if those pillows and blankets came from the bedroom that had a cadaver dog hit a few days ago? Just saying...:waitasec:

Jacie Estes
10-29-2011, 12:35 AM
What if they are going to NYC to do an in studio interview and the boys are going with them to get away for a few days?

grandmaj
10-29-2011, 12:36 AM
OK this thread contains outright bashing, this thread has personalized posts, this thread is not on topic.

This is about the sudden move tonight. Stay on topic and be kind when disagreeing with opposing points of view.

CharlestonGal
10-29-2011, 12:36 AM

4 weeks and only LE has done things to help look for this sweet baby. Why not the parents?

I've seen nothing else done but a cat and mouse game with the parents, the PI, and the lawyers with LE.

Please, find Lisa!

The parents stopped doing anything as soon as their story fell apart. I guess I have to give them some credit for realizing the jig was up and heading for the hills.

Melanie
10-29-2011, 12:37 AM

OMG! Just when I didn't think this case could get any weirder! I'm gobsmacked! Isn't Tina an advocate?

MOO

Mel

Flutterby80
10-29-2011, 12:37 AM
OK this thread contains outright bashing, this thread has personalized posts, this thread is not on topic.

This is about the sudden move tonight. Stay on topic and be kind when disagreeing with opposing points of view.

Sorry. Frustrated.

alien
10-29-2011, 12:38 AM
What if they are going to NYC to do an in studio interview and the boys are going with them to get away for a few days?

It this is the case, then it is totally ridiculous. They prefer to attend a TV interview, rather than talking to the police.

CharlestonGal
10-29-2011, 12:40 AM
I wonder if those pillows and blankets came from the bedroom that had a cadaver dog hit a few days ago? Just saying...:waitasec:

Geez, I hope not. That is downright creepy as all h&ll. Hopefully they are pillows and blankets from the relative's house. ewwww.......

Pensfan
10-29-2011, 12:41 AM

Please, find Lisa!
Now that is just NOT true! ;) Their family also sold Find Lisa t-shirts for $15.00 a piece and, IMO, the t-shirts were probably donated.

gliving
10-29-2011, 12:42 AM
With all the reporters and bystanders hanging out on their lawn, I don't blame them for getting the hell out of Dodge.

I'd be afraid of taking a shower in that house, for fear the reporters were pointing a camera at the window.

CharlestonGal
10-29-2011, 12:42 AM
It this is the case, then it is totally ridiculous. They prefer to attend a TV interview, rather than talking to the police.

I'm pretty sure the police won't pay them.

Jacie Estes
10-29-2011, 12:43 AM
It this is the case, then it is totally ridiculous. They make the boys to attend a TV interview, instead of talking to the police, which can help them to find the baby.

NYC would be a good place to take the boys, they could go to FAO Schwartz.

Remember these are two young children who have lost their baby sister; what is wrong with taking them away from the media camped on the front lawn?

linajoy
10-29-2011, 12:43 AM
Last I knew, God helps those who help themselves.:innocent:

I'm telling you right now, the family is turning on them as we speak!!:twocents:

Amster
10-29-2011, 12:44 AM
I hope this latest DRAMA...leaving in a convoy at night....will be the beginning of removing the boys from DB and JI. Are they trying to hide them from LE? To avoid the questioning?? When will one person in that entire family stand up for Lisa??

mysteriew
10-29-2011, 12:44 AM

That is possible. Or they could be going to NY on a family getaway/business meeting to meet with the other attorny to regroup now that CS is off the case. But NY would be an awfully long drive for them. I would think they would be more likely to fly. And if flying, going to the airport why would they take pillows and blankets?

CharlestonGal
10-29-2011, 12:45 AM
I'm telling you right now, the family is turning on them as we speak!!:twocents:

I would rather they turned to help Lisa, but perhaps turning on them is a first step.

CharlestonGal
10-29-2011, 12:47 AM
I hope this latest DRAMA...leaving in a convoy at night....will be the beginning of removing the boys from DB and JI. Are they trying to hide them from LE? To avoid the questioning?? When will one person in that entire family stand up for Lisa??

I don't know the answer to your questions, but my dearest hope is that there is a flurry of child custody documents flying in from the other bio parents.

vlpate
10-29-2011, 12:49 AM
I would rather they turned to help Lisa, but perhaps turning on them is a first step.

Sort of an unfair statement, the family are the only ones who have been helping to find Lisa. Who said the family is turning on them??

CharlestonGal
10-29-2011, 12:50 AM
Sort of an unfair statement, the family are the only ones who have been helping to find Lisa. Who said the family is turning on them??

The poster I quoted said that.

curiositycat
10-29-2011, 12:51 AM
That is possible. Or they could be going to NY on a family getaway/business meeting to meet with the other attorny to regroup now that CS is off the case. But NY would be an awfully long drive for them. I would think they would be more likely to fly. And if flying, going to the airport why would they take pillows and blankets?
Nah, with the blankets and pillows it tells me a weekend getaway at a secluded spot to get away from the press, ECT

Are there any vacay areas or resorts within driving distance?

Bon
10-29-2011, 12:51 AM

Edited, my question was answered :)

curiousc
10-29-2011, 12:52 AM
My :twocents:. The family is on to DB and JI.

I don't know what she meant by saying that.

But, honestly, there is a time when people have an AH-HA moment and I sure hope that if DB and JI did do something with Baby Lisa, that some family members have had their AH-HA moment. Denial can only last so long before people break apart. Is this perhaps what is happening tonight? Not sure.

What I hope is someone starts confessing!!

ETA: Let Go Let God can also mean let go of your struggles and turn to God.

iamnotagolem
10-29-2011, 12:53 AM
Nah, with the blankets and pillows it tells me a weekend getaway at a secluded spot to get away from the press, ECT

Colorado is 9ish hours away, all the ski resorts should be open now since they got some snow on Tuesday.

KCMommie
10-29-2011, 12:53 AM
I thought the wealthy benefactor was paying him? Or is that BS (the PI)?

Ohhhh....duh. Yeah, I get it. I'm a little slow sometimes.

Oh, somehow "this" family is very special!! They've got some social capital I certainly wish I knew about.

I advocate daily for kiddos who are bullied, and harassed an a various array of environments just because of the way they were born. It is a struggle at times just for them to live and make it through their days...

Completely befuddling to me how this .........person...... who is obviously not credible is gaining more attention for being irresponsible than these well deserving kiddos, and other legitimate families missing their loved ones. All the while some wealthy benefactor is paying for this seemingly magical mystery tour of emotional blackmail and manipulation. Playing on sympathy. Everyone is banking on Lisa's life. Horrible.

I get to look into the beautiful but sad eyes of children who face injustice every single day. Now we have a beautiful little girl who no one seems to know where she is, and people need evidence to arrest the person who irresponsibly put her daughter in harms way?

I do believe this world has gone completely feral.

Bottom line, Bradley was the person responsible for this child at the time of her disappearance. She's admitted to the neglect and endangerment (child is missing now)

I say charge her for this disappearance, and sit her happy behind in jail until she answers questions this child is found.

The other children should be returned to their respective 'other' families where they are safe from the circus.
IMVHO.

linajoy
10-29-2011, 12:54 AM
I'm sorry but who is "them" ?:waitasec:

DB and JI:twocents:

CharlestonGal

I haven't been in that area of the country for awhile, but I believe there are many mountain cabins for lease in the Ozarks.

alwaysonmymind
Perhaps they are going to the same hotel as BS. Maybe planning to go over the timeline, phone records etc. :crazy:

Jacie Estes
10-29-2011, 12:55 AM

Don't know why they would drive to NYC when they can just go to the Downtown airport by the Broadway Bridge and fly private jet, thus the pillows and blankets.

ynotdivein
10-29-2011, 12:57 AM
:nono: Not so much with the ace-bookFay umorRays, please.

CharlestonGal
10-29-2011, 12:58 AM
Oh, somehow "this" family is very special!! They've got some social capital I certainly wish I knew about.

I advocate daily for kiddos who are bullied, and harassed an a various array of environments just because of the way they were born. It is a struggle at times just for them to live and make it through their days...

Completely befuddling to me how this .........person...... who is obviously not credible is gaining more attention for being irresponsible than these well deserving kiddos, and other legitimate families missing their loved ones. All the while some wealthy benefactor is paying for this seemingly magical mystery tour of emotional blackmail and manipulation. Playing on sympathy. Everyone is banking on Lisa's life. Horrible.

I get to look into the beautiful but sad eyes of children who face injustice every single day. Now we have a beautiful little girl who no one seems to know where she is, and people need evidence to arrest the person who irresponsibly put her daughter in harms way?

I do believe this world has gone completely feral.

Bottom line, Bradley was the person responsible for this child at the time of her disappearance. She's admitted to the neglect and endangerment (child is missing now)

I say charge her for this disappearance, and sit her happy behind in jail until she answers questions this child is found.

The other children should be returned to their respective 'other' families where they are safe from the circus.
IMVHO.

I've never been able to figure out why some families get the full special treatment and others don't even get a mention. I fear it all comes down to ratings and advertising dollars. Nothing to do with actual merit. I think that's called capitalism. There's just no way to turn a profit on some families.

LancelotLink
10-29-2011, 01:00 AM
Perhaps they are going to the same hotel as BS. Maybe planning to go over the timeline, phone records etc. :crazy:

Crabpuffs, anyone?

justamommy
10-29-2011, 01:01 AM

This seems to be the case on a few of them. moo

Pensfan
Exactly. The boys will tell the truth if interviewed. Children are not good liars. They may have recognized what was that click click click sound and it might have been illegal drug use.

CPS should find their children and interview them about what goes on that home. If Deborah and Jeremy want their children back, they can submit to random drug tests and try to submit to all the ordered psychological assessments, individual counseling, family counseling, parenting classes and the dozens of CPS "hoops".

CharlestonGal

Please don't do that to me at 1 a.m. It makes my synapses do not so funny things. :crazy:

Jacie Estes
10-29-2011, 01:03 AM
Exactly. The boys will tell the truth if interviewed. Children are not good liars. They may have recognized what was that click click click sound and it might have been illegal drug use.

CPS should find their children and interview them about what goes on that home. If Deborah and Jeremy want their children back, they can submit to random drug tests, psychological assessments, individual counseling, family counseling, parenting classes and all the dozens of CPS hoops.

Debbie doesn't look like a tweaker

Pensfan
10-29-2011, 01:05 AM

How about a "house" to go with that lighter clicking (if that is what it was)?

mysteriew
10-29-2011, 01:05 AM
My :twocents:

NY A long way to drive. Esp. if they were going there on someone else's dime. They wouldn't need blankets and pillows if they were flying.

Disneyworld a long way to drive. And again if the trip is on someone else's dime, I think they would fly.

Family in the East, It would most likely be on their dime, it is a long way to drive.

Family in Texas, would be closer, but still a long way to drive. Still on their own dime, but maybe doable?

If going to family, I would expect them to be gone at least a week, maybe two. IMO they wouldn't have kids with them when they came back.

uvamerica
10-29-2011, 01:06 AM

Yep, bringing blankets and pillows camping in the family van during a snow storm, are they getting snow ? :crazy:

Just K
10-29-2011, 01:07 AM
So, let's see,
Thursday, LE searched the pond behind Target & Festival Foods, CS, reported that the family would give daily press releases and that the boys would be interviewed today (Friday)

Then by late Thursday night there was news that the boys would not be interviewed and all interviews would be postponed til next week as the family was said to be exhausted.

Friday AM, CS was fired . Late Friday night, the family is whisked away by BS who has come to the rescue.

No messages from family in daily reports.

This is all right after the woman, MW, is seen discussing the call to her phone from an Irwin or Bradley Phone.

ODD JUST VERY ODD, IMO

curiositycat
10-29-2011, 01:07 AM
I think this BS angers me because I haven't seen the parents do a thing to truly look for Lisa. They aren't sitting down with LE either, you would think they would only be concerned about finding that precious child..

IMO their behavior sucks and yet someone is paying for them to try and get out of jail for free and obviously catering to their every whim.

This makes no good sense to me. There is a piece of this puzzle missing. Moo

I am sick and tired of seeing missing children exploited for someone's financial gain!

Jacie Estes
10-29-2011, 01:11 AM
Yep, bringing blankets and pillows camping in the family van during a snow storm, are they getting snow ? :crazy:

OMG Do you know how much it hurts when Coors Light shoots out of your nose, plus I have to wipe the laptop screen off. They are going to visit josh powell in Puyallup!

[KC isn't getting snow but it is in our forecast for the weekend]

ynotdivein
10-29-2011, 01:11 AM
The title of this thread is, "10/28/11 Private Investigator Returns, Baby Lisa's Family Leaves."

Please take other items to appropriate threads.

Where this post falls is random.

justamommy
10-29-2011, 01:12 AM
IMO if the family were turning on them or had their ah-ha moment, I don't think they would be a party to allowing the boys to leave with them. I think this was probably to get the boys away from all the media. They had the day off today and probably couldn't even play outside. There are two more days of the weekend left and trick-or-treating coming up. moo

Just K
10-29-2011, 01:13 AM

Guess they have outgrown the family's turquoise camper.

Littleone48
I've never been able to figure out why some families get the full special treatment and others don't even get a mention. I fear it all comes down to ratings and advertising dollars. Nothing to do with actual merit. I think that's called capitalism. There's just no way to turn a profit on some families.

Just jumping off your post...

I don't get it :waitasec: where is Disney World, Cali, Skiing, NYC all coming from? For God's sake it's not like a limo picked them up and they were all dressed up going somewhere. It's the weekend so I am sure they are not hiding the boys....

It's late at night, they took pillows and blankets. The PI showed up and I am thinking that maybe after the stunt this afternoon with the advocate there may have been a threat made and they are going somewhere safe?

captivagrl
I think they simply moved to another location. Everyone knows where they were staying.

uvamerica
10-29-2011, 01:16 AM
It smells like a trip to the airport at this hour. jmo

:rocker: Maybe they need to go to New York so they can do a family interview for the 'national' media ? or they need to move there to be closer to JT and the media ? :waitasec:

Pensfan
10-29-2011, 01:20 AM
Or they're just getting the boys away from the circus? It has to be tough on them. I wonder if they're going to attend school somewhere else...or at all?

MOO
There's another fine reason for CPS to interview the boys.

Just K
10-29-2011, 01:20 AM
And, the mother who advocates for families with missing children was the straw that broke the camel's back, of all things, humph, go figure. They called the police on her. Then again, she didn't have an invitation.

Melanie
10-29-2011, 01:22 AM
If they're not heading towards LE, I can't be bothered. Shame on them if they do anything other than try to find baby Lisa.

If LE has whisked them off to a safe house, I will be pleased as punch.

MOO

Mel

Leila
10-29-2011, 01:24 AM

I liked that attorney towards the end of the video who said words to the effect that "we're talking about lawyers? Really? When there's a child missing?"

He has it right...........the focus should be on finding Lisa.

KCMommie
10-29-2011, 01:28 AM

You know, I think you'll find this imbalance in everything. Capitalism included. You're right, it is not fair. You get mad, even angry at times... I just hang on to faith and fighting the good fight no matter. You do what you can do, and that's all you can do... and pray it's enough. :hug:

I'm pretty sure that something is coming. I doubt it is going to be a cake walk for this family. I'm just waiting for them to blame these bizzare actions on poor counsel...pfft.

Just K
10-29-2011, 01:32 AM
One more significant thing happened yesterday (Thursday):
The FindLisa. com site posted the new "KIDNAPPED" Flyer and left off the Last Seen time and posted it only as October 4th, 2011. Which was wrong because DB said she last saw Lisa at a little passed 6:40 PM on October 3, 2011.

carole
10-29-2011, 01:39 AM
In my opinion, the parent/parents know that Lisa is not alive.

On the other hand, if I were innocent and expected my baby to be returned alive, I'm not sure how much comfort I would find with parents whose children had been killed or not found no matter how much these folks were just trying to help.

Just saying....

KCMommie
10-29-2011, 01:40 AM
And, the mother who advocates for families with missing children was the straw that broke the camel's back, of all things, humph, go figure. They called the police on her. Then again, she didn't have an invitation.

Most families would be honored. This poor woman went through H-e-double hockey sticks. We watched this unfold for three years. Terrible. Terrible. Terrible.

I have to say, I'm also glad Short is off the case. I think it would have hurt her reputation. I was pretty surprised she was representing them in the first place.

As far as Stanton... While watching the live feed from the night he introduced himself, when it was over, the camera was still rolling. Stanton gave a number to the reporter, she repeated it back, and he walked away.I heard the reporter ask, "Did I understand him correctly, he was not hired by the family". I heard a voice say "Yes" then sort of a murmur. . Then she said "He was hired by the network".... I heard a "yes"... not sure if that is available feed or if anyone else heard it? It was live. Then they closed the feed.

The second time BS gave an interview he pretty much insulted one of our reporters who is an absolute class act and always has been. Marie Antonia. She asked BS, "You said the family is not speaking with media but clearly they are speaking with the networks"... He said, "They are just not talking to YOU".....

I don't know where to find the links for these so I have not been sure if I could post it. It's burned me up ever since. I think that he was hired by the networks and probably and individual who is tied to the network has personally forked over some money. If I find out that person is banking on this....lets just say... I will rail!

His attitude is really ridiculous. This is being turned into high drama IMHO.

The only people looking for this child is LE. Frankly, I don't know how much more they can do without leads.

Wise Old Owl
10-29-2011, 01:40 AM
All I wanna know is:

Did someone follow them? Perhaps to see where they went? I'm sure with all the media hounds around that someone would have had a full tank of gas and went right after them.

Let's see what we hear about this trip by tomorrow morning.

JMHO

In da Middle
10-29-2011, 01:41 AM

MOOThey are attending their regular school which is a very good thing.

Flutterby80
10-29-2011, 01:45 AM
Does anyone know how long it generally takes a case like this to go cold? Would it be offically declared cold, with a news conference by LE? Does media just stop showing up at some point, maybe because something newer and bigger comes along? If nothing changes, are we close to this happening or will LE keep looking and media keep showing up for months?

uvamerica
10-29-2011, 01:46 AM
OMG Do you know how much it hurts when Coors Light shoots out of your nose, plus I have to wipe the laptop screen off. They are going to visit josh powell in Puyallup!

[KC isn't getting snow but it is in our forecast for the weekend]

:floorlaugh: ..... Sorry a/b your laptop :innocent:....... were getting snow here too ! :great:

KCMommie
10-29-2011, 01:48 AM
They are attending their regular school which is a very good thing.

This may be what they are doing by leaving? This has to be affecting them. The whole flipping neighborhood is on lock-down almost. I do feel for these children. What a mess.

Melanie
10-29-2011, 01:54 AM
Does anyone know how long it generally takes a case like this to go cold? Would it be offically declared cold, with a news conference by LE? Does media just stop showing up at some point, maybe because something newer and bigger comes along? If nothing changes, are we close to this happening or will LE keep looking and media keep showing up for months?

I'm confident the local media will stay on this however long it takes. National media too perhaps. Just like Joshua Powell was on the cover of People magazine some months ago. But ya know we'll be here as long as it takes -- looking for Haeligh, Susan, Kyron, Aliyah, Hailey, and now Lisa amongst so many others. Even Jon Benet pops up now and again in the media.

IMHO, I think once a case gets on People magazine folks don't tend to forget about it. I hope the parents realize that as they go about their daily decisions.

MOO

Mel

vlpate
10-29-2011, 01:54 AM
All I wanna know is:

Did someone follow them? Perhaps to see where they went? I'm sure with all the media hounds around that someone would have had a full tank of gas and went right after them.

Let's see what we hear about this trip by tomorrow morning.

JMHO

:floorlaugh: Can you imagine running out of gas and losing them. They could never go back to the station!

Jacie Estes
10-29-2011, 01:55 AM
:floorlaugh: ..... Sorry a/b your laptop :innocent:....... were getting snow here too ! :great:

Snow camping; I have to go get a generator. ;) It's almost midnight.

OH darn, I don't have marshmallows, how will I make smores? :floorlaugh:

KathrynL
10-29-2011, 01:59 AM

I don't know when police declare a case cold. I don't think this particular case is cold. In my opinion, LE got significant evidence when the searched the home. I do not believe they took a random pair of purple shorts and "Disney character" shirt. I believe they took clothes that they were told Lisa was wearing when last seen. I think they have a boat load of evidence we don't know about, and the grand jury has it too. I really think the events of the last couple of days is leading to an imminent arrest. :cow:

Flutterby80
10-29-2011, 02:05 AM
I wonder what they're waiting for. Lab results? If Lisa is deceased, she deserves to be laid to rest with love and dignity. If she is alive, she deserves to be found.

Cher352
10-29-2011, 02:05 AM
But on a serious note...

I was really digusted see those pictures the media took of the kids coming home from school this week. So I hope BS is moving them to a house within a gated community for the children's sake. These children have been locked up in the relatives house for weeks now. It would be nice if they could go out the door without hoards of media being there everytime the door opens.

Whisperer
10-29-2011, 02:07 AM
This is playing out as if cindy anthony, herself, were directing it...

KCMommie
10-29-2011, 02:09 AM
I wonder what they're waiting for. Lab results? If Lisa is deceased, she deserves to be laid to rest with love and dignity. If she is alive, she deserves to be found.

I'm pretty confident if they had found Little Lisa and withheld this information...Someone would be fired. I've wondered if LE would do this when the rumors circulated before. It's been done in other cases while LE locked down lose ends to a case prior to releasing the information... I don't know, but this high profile? I doubt it would be for very long.

Dewey2Me1MoThyme
10-29-2011, 02:11 AM
I've seen no report from LE that they do not know where they went
I see no evidence to say they have gone to NY, Disney or Timbucktoo
I see no evidence that the boys have been secreted away to a location where LE cannot find them
But by tomoorw, people reading these posts will likely be saying, I know they went to NY and hid the kids from LE because I read it somewhere, I just can't find the link.
How about some facts to back up the assumptions please.

Leila
10-29-2011, 02:12 AM
My :twocents:

NY A long way to drive. Esp. if they were going there on someone else's dime. They wouldn't need blankets and pillows if they were flying.

Disneyworld a long way to drive. And again if the trip is on someone else's dime, I think they would fly.

Family in the East, It would most likely be on their dime, it is a long way to drive.

Family in Texas, would be closer, but still a long way to drive. Still on their own dime, but maybe doable?

If going to family, I would expect them to be gone at least a week, maybe two. IMO they wouldn't have kids with them when they came back.

ITA................the pillows and blankets wouldn't be necessary if they were going to the airport to fly somewhere. The pillows and blankets would be needed if their destination is several hours away. I suspect, as you do, that the two boys won't be returning with their parents.

If this turns out to be the case, then I suspect the destination is likely over the state line into a neighboring state, well outside the jurisdiction of LE. Between parental authority and jurisdiction, the two boys will never be interviewed.

This case gets more bizarre by the day. IMO, the parents look more and more guilty every day that passes without their cooperation in finding Lisa. :(

djm41
10-29-2011, 02:12 AM
I'm pretty confident if they had found Little Lisa and withheld this information...Someone would be fired. I've wondered if LE would do this when the rumors circulated before. It's been done in other cases while LE locked down lose ends to a case prior to releasing the information... I don't know, but this high profile? I doubt it would be for very long.

Withheld from the public or family? Maybe there was a reason DB said "grieving"?

Meri
10-29-2011, 02:14 AM

On the other hand, if I were innocent and expected my baby to be returned alive, I'm not sure how much comfort I would find with parents whose children had been killed or not found no matter how much these folks were just trying to help.

Just saying....

I agree - If this were happening to me and these two people showed up on my doorstep without even having the consideration to find out if I wanted to meet with them, I would be LIVID. I haven't heard of either of these people, and I doubt these parents have either. So, you're just going to let someone in your home under these circumstances because they say they have had missing children also?? No way. I would turn them away also! And I think it was very rude of this woman to actually go up to the door a second time after already being turned away. These people should know better than anyone what families in this situation go through and just because they have gone through the same doesn't mean they can barge right in and make their appearance without asking first. And why would I want to speak with them now when I don't know what has happened to my child? Maybe later, if my child ends up murdered or never found, but I wouldn't want to at this point.

dog.gone.cute
10-29-2011, 02:17 AM
:eek::eek::eek:

OMG ... wth is going on ?

I just tuned in here, and now I see that the PI, BS has "returned" and the "family" is leaving ?

Pleeeeeeeeeeease don't tell me they are going to DisneyWorld ?

:waitasec: I hope they are NOT leaving the state ...

:waitasec: I sure hope LE put one of those tracking devices on their vehicle ...

MOO MOO MOO ...

Whisperer
10-29-2011, 02:17 AM
It would be great if they were taking the kids to their bio-parents who have not been able to see them...

......nevermind, I was sprinkled with fairy dust and got carried away...

Flutterby80
10-29-2011, 02:21 AM
I wasn't inferring that LE has Lisa. I just meant if an arrest were impending, what are they waiting for? What might they have tomorrow that they don't have today? If they choose to arrest someone without having found Lisa, what evidence would they be waiting on? I didn't mean to imply I thought LE would have Lisa and withhold that fact. I can't imagine that is happening.

KCMommie
10-29-2011, 02:24 AM
Withheld from the public or family? Maybe there was a reason DB said "grieving"?

So you're thinking that the family knows Lisa is deceased but LE has not released it to the public? Yeah, no, I don't think I buy that. It will be surprising to me. This case is so strange... anything is possible of course..!

Note the date that DB referred to "grief" (around the 24th I think?) and expensive searches have ensued? Technically, the family's actions have not changed significantly enough, except for becoming more isolated from day 2-4 from locals, which is what DB was referring to when she made the statement. She was asked if she was paid to distance herself from local media; she responded, "No, we're grieving". The behaviors has reflected what she is referring to as grief from darn near day one, no? IMVHO.

Admire your thought process though! :)

Leila
10-29-2011, 02:30 AM

I don't think this case is anywhere near the point of being declared a cold case. LE isn't sharing with us, but they've taken evidence from the Irwin home, and have followed up on nearly 900 tips from over a 1000 tips received. They've conducted searches and have interviewed people. They have a lot to sift through and depending what they find, it may lead to more. It could be months or years before this would ever be declared a cold case. IMO.........I think an arrest will be made eventually.

indepmo
10-29-2011, 02:33 AM

Do you know how difficult it is when you go to someoneís door offering to help them and they defer you to lawyers, then call the police on you?
I think the police tactic was because they were already expecting Bill Stanton to be arriving and they were going to be fleeing with him anyway, they wanted us gone and not a minute later.

Tina maintained her composure when we were at the door, and only knocked a second time after she talked to the reporters that were camped outside when she was reminded that the local attorney had been fired and the gentleman at the door didnít tell us who to call. When she knocked the second time, someone walked over to the door and turned the porch light off. Tina said (not yelled) "Hey... I need to know who the attorney is I need to call, not knowing if other local representation had been assigned"

We were not aware anyone had called the police, and as Fox 4 quoted in their article,

"Police asked FOX 4 crews what happened and they told them that Porter had left after trying two times to speak with the family. After the porch light was turned off, she was discouraged from any more attempts."

For the record, we made several attempts this week to contact the Irwin and Bradley family attempting to set up a meeting. Instead of them responding stating "we arenít interested", our requests were never acknowledged. We had no contact information for them other than the official find.lisa FB page. I did save all correspondence in the event something like this was going to happen. We were going to move earlier on this, but with the difficulties with LE then every other speedbump in the road, timing has certainly been an issue.

Some Irwin-Bradley supporters have already been online making comments such as, "She should have never gone to the door unannounced" and "this womanís situation was totally different than what the family of Baby Lisa is going through. Wrong. Over three years of experiencing the feeling of not only 1 child missing, but two. The title of the news article "Baby Lisa's parents call cops on Tina Porter, take off with Bill Stanton" made it sound like Tina went there and did something wrong or illegal, forcing the family to relocate. Earlier today it was announced the Bill Stanton was arriving Sunday in Kansas City again, but the media tipped us off that he was coming much sooner before we pulled away from the Kansas City residence.

The Sam and Lindsey Porter Foundation was established in honor of Sam and Lindsey to assist families of missing and endangered children. A search group was also formed in honor of Sam and Lindsey. A group of many that is so desperately needed to cover grounds law enforcement has not yet covered or grounds nearby they have discounted as possibly holding any evidence or clues.

I hope Baby Lisa is found soon. It apparently won't come from the help of their parents, whom an 11 month old is relying on. An 11 month old that is not capable of calling 911, and unable to yell out to anyone... "Help! I've been kidnapped. Parents that aren't cooperating with LE.

John Walsh had some similar comments such as Tina:
3:23
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/26184891/vp/45074429#45074429

Kelsey Smith's parents discuss passing out fliers and making public pleas for help:
0:27
http://www.fox4kc.com/news/wdaf-metro-families-weigh-in-on-behavior-of-baby-lisas-parents-20111028,0,2553210.story

Pamela Butler's mother spoke up about fighting back and utilizing the media:
1:30
Mother remembers tough questions
http://www.fox4kc.com/news/wdaf-metro-families-weigh-in-on-behavior-of-baby-lisas-parents-20111028,0,2553210.story

All of these families giving their advice or offering support all share a couple of things in common:

They lost their children;
They want to help and make a difference

A most difficult task in this case...

KCMommie
10-29-2011, 02:35 AM
I agree - If this were happening to me and these two people showed up on my doorstep without even having the consideration to find out if I wanted to meet with them, I would be LIVID. I haven't heard of either of these people, and I doubt these parents have either. So, you're just going to let someone in your home under these circumstances because they say they have had missing children also?? No way. I would turn them away also! And I think it was very rude of this woman to actually go up to the door a second time after already being turned away. These people should know better than anyone what families in this situation go through and just because they have gone through the same doesn't mean they can barge right in and make their appearance without asking first. And why would I want to speak with them now when I don't know what has happened to my child? Maybe later, if my child ends up murdered or never found, but I wouldn't want to at this point.

Porter only went back to get the attorneys name. She was so taken aback by their rudeness that she didn't get the name of who she should call. They just turned off their light when she went to the door and called LE. HIGH DRAMA again..Crazy-making is all this appears to be.

This woman wants to help find that little girl ALIVE.

I will tell you in KC, watching what happened to those Porter kiddos, and the way that woman fought, fought, fought. The strength. Even people who didn't follow the case are WELL aware of this woman. Not many in KC will agree with you.

Her kids were dead and buried because of a custody battle with the father. He took them and refused to give them back. He sat in jail never telling where to find them. She had no idea if they were dead or alive for three years. While their little bodies rotted....they were dead. Yeah, no. Your opinion would be rather rare around here.

How can anyone be livid that someone with such an unfortunate experience, one who now knows all the ropes of such a horrible situation.. is trying to help them find their daughter? Their arrogance is unbelievable.

This is not the first time they have turned away people who are the VERY people who will help them. LE for starters.

Leila
10-29-2011, 02:37 AM

LE won't make an arrest until they have sufficient evidence to support the charges. It may take some time as they have a lot of evidence they took from the home to go through and forensic testing can take weeks to complete.

KCMommie
10-29-2011, 02:39 AM
<snip>
All of these families giving their advice or offering support all share a couple of things in common:

They lost their children;
They want to help and make a difference

A most difficult task in this case...

Preach it. :thumb:

Leila
10-29-2011, 02:39 AM
This is playing out as if cindy anthony, herself, were directing it...

ITA............It certainly is!

nums24
10-29-2011, 03:07 AM
I don't know when police declare a case cold. I don't think this particular case is cold. In my opinion, LE got significant evidence when the searched the home. I do not believe they took a random pair of purple shorts and "Disney character" shirt. I believe they took clothes that they were told Lisa was wearing when last seen. I think they have a boat load of evidence we don't know about, and the grand jury has it too. I really think the events of the last couple of days is leading to an imminent arrest. :cow:

I think so too. I'm on the fence about whether or not this has anything to do with Tanko's Hearing on Tuesday.

11CY-CR03875 - ST V J TANKO
Filing:
Public Defender Determination of Indigency and Notice of Unavailability filed.

10/17/2011 Ord Pub Def Detrmn Eligibility

Hearing Scheduled
Scheduled For: 11/01/2011; 9:00 AM ; JANET SUTTON; Clay

Initial Arraignment Hrng Held
Now comes State by Prosecuting Attorney and defendant in person Defendant arraigned, information read to defendant and enters a plea of not guilty.
Scheduled For: 10/17/2011; 1:35 PM ; JANET SUTTON; Clay

Arraignment Scheduled

Arraignment Scheduled
Associated Entries: 10/17/2011 - Initial Arraignment Hrng Held
Now comes State by Prosecuting Attorney and defendant in person Defendant arraigned, information read to defendant and enters a plea of not guilty.
Scheduled For: 10/17/2011; 1:35 PM ; JANET SUTTON; Clay

From: https://www.courts.mo.gov/casenet/cases/searchDockets.do

Irish_Eyes
10-29-2011, 03:10 AM
Can someone PLEASE explain to me why everyone's first thought is that they're going to Disney? That they called everything off because they were "exhausted" then got in a car with pillows and blankets to DRIVE to Disney in the middle of the night? 1) America is a really big place. They could be anywhere. 2) What lawyer would let them even think of doing that?

As for the description of the clothes being taken from the house, which sound very similar to what Lisa was wearing, I really want to know WHERE they were found. If they were hanging up in her closet or folded neatly in a drawer, I think DB will have a hard time explaining that. No child abductor would do that. Plus, if it was me, and my child went missing and I found the clothes she had been wearing left behind, LE wouldn't have to take them from me days later, I'd be shoving them out the door with them hoping they could get a hair or DNA or something. Just saying.

nums24
10-29-2011, 03:20 AM
Can someone PLEASE explain to me why everyone's first thought is that they're going to Disney? That they called everything off because they were "exhausted" then got in a car with pillows and blankets to DRIVE to Disney in the middle of the night? 1) America is a really big place. They could be anywhere. 2) What lawyer would let them even think of doing that?

As for the description of the clothes being taken from the house, which sound very similar to what Lisa was wearing, I really want to know WHERE they were found. If they were hanging up in her closet or folded neatly in a drawer, I think DB will have a hard time explaining that. No child abductor would do that. Plus, if it was me, and my child went missing and I found the clothes she had been wearing left behind, LE wouldn't have to take them from me days later, I'd be shoving them out the door with them hoping they could get a hair or DNA or something. Just saying.

My guess is the fact that Good Morning America is on ABC, owned by Disney and they have previously provided trips to Disney for others in the recent past (KC juror & family: http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/07/us/07casey.html) for interviews. I understand where the dots may be connecting. Media is hesitant to pay cash for stories, so they get creative. [B][http://www.poynter.org/latest-news/als-morning-meeting/101509/abcs-payment-to-casey-anthony-raises-questions-about-ethics-checkbook-journalism//B]

nums24
10-29-2011, 03:29 AM

On the other hand, if I were innocent and expected my baby to be returned alive, I'm not sure how much comfort I would find with parents whose children had been killed or not found no matter how much these folks were just trying to help.Just saying....

I respectfully disagree with bbm above. They know she's gone and how. If they thought she was alive, I would hope that parents of a missing baby girl would not be sitting around waiting for someone to find their baby. Even G & C Anthony reached out to other people like Josh Duckett and other local families with missing loved ones. They would be wanting anyone, any resource possible to help. JMO

Whisperer
10-29-2011, 03:47 AM
I respectfully disagree with bbm above. They know she's gone and how. If they thought she was alive, I would hope that parents of a missing baby girl would not be sitting around waiting for someone to find their baby. Even G & C Anthony reached out to other people like Josh Duckett and other local families with missing loved ones. They would be wanting anyone, any resource possible to help. JMO

....er...not quite. the anthonys only wanted people who believed caylee was alive. They kicked Tim Miller out of their house when he said Caylee most likely is deceased. They didn't want the remains found. They did everything in their power to deter the investigation and send the LE on the wildest of goose chases.

Imo, an alive child generates sympathy and donations. Once the child is determined to have died, the well dries up fast. There was a memorial service for caylee and the anthonys cremated her and they still went on to say she was alive..FGS! That was a guise to keep the case active. and ongoing creating media blitz. It worked too. They are very wealthy today.

eileenhawkeye
10-29-2011, 03:48 AM
I'm confident the local media will stay on this however long it takes. National media too perhaps. Just like Joshua Powell was on the cover of People magazine some months ago. But ya know we'll be here as long as it takes -- looking for Haeligh, Susan, Kyron, Aliyah, Hailey, and now Lisa amongst so many others. Even Jon Benet pops up now and again in the media.

IMHO, I think once a case gets on People magazine folks don't tend to forget about it. I hope the parents realize that as they go about their daily decisions.

MOO

Mel

As this point, I think Lisa's case is too recent for me to make predictions about the media coverage 10+ years later. I will say that there are a lot less (still) famous cases from the 1990s compared to the 2000s because most cases don't stand the test of time as well as others.

Whisperer
10-29-2011, 03:54 AM
As this point, I think Lisa's case is too recent for me to make predictions about the media coverage 10+ years later. I will say that there are a lot less (still) famous cases from the 1990s compared to the 2000s because most cases don't stand the test of time as well as others.

Yep, it needs some glamour and some craziness to keep it going...

Melanie
10-29-2011, 03:54 AM
Preach it. :thumb:

I know a few don't like the comparison to the <Mod Snip> but when the bradley/irwin's turned away 2 people with experience in missing children it reminded me of Cindy and how poorly she treated Tim Miller who was only there to help find their missing grandaughter. It was deplorable.

Birds of a feather and all.

MOO

Mel

21merc7
10-29-2011, 04:07 AM
We don't know where BS was taking them. I could guess and say to talk with JT if he has flown in from Italy yet. I could guess and say they are getting a lot of hate calls, or drop by the house, and being taken to a hotel room for safety concerns, I could guess and say there is a line on a real kidnapper and they are being taken to a hotel room for safety. We just don't know.

Bet ya' BS will be on t.v. in a few hours for the morning shows to explain.

MsFacetious
10-29-2011, 04:27 AM
Just jumping off your post...

I don't get it :waitasec: where is Disney World, Cali, Skiing, NYC all coming from? For God's sake it's not like a limo picked them up and they were all dressed up going somewhere. It's the weekend so I am sure they are not hiding the boys....

It's late at night, they took pillows and blankets. The PI showed up and I am thinking that maybe after the stunt this afternoon with the advocate there may have been a threat made and they are going somewhere safe?

After Tina Porter showed up something else happened and THAT is why they left?

Tina Porter left and it was VERY soon after that when they left.
It wasn't hours later.
They were already planning on leaving when Tina Porter showed up.

I personally think that Marc Klaas and Ed Smart should show up... (not together of course.)
They can say my daughter WAS abducted from my home... and I am here to help you find your baby.

If they can't handle people who's children have been murdered by the parents, or have never been found... well, Ed has a happy ending... and both have the "stranger" abduction they are claiming.

So.... no reason to turn THEM away, is there? :waitasec:

vlpate
10-29-2011, 04:29 AM
....er...not quite. the anthonys only wanted people who believed caylee was alive. They kicked Tim Miller out of their house when he said Caylee most likely is deceased. They didn't want the remains found. They did everything in their power to deter the investigation and send the LE on the wildest of goose chases.

Imo, an alive child generates sympathy and donations. Once the child is determined to have died, the well dries up fast. There was a memorial service for caylee and the anthonys cremated her and they still went on to say she was alive..FGS! That was a guise to keep the case active. and ongoing creating media blitz. It worked too. They are very wealthy today.

This is about Lisa Irwin - I'd hate to see her get lost in the hatred and animosity the way Caylee did.

butwhatif?
10-29-2011, 04:47 AM
I think this BS angers me because I haven't seen the parents do a thing to truly look for Lisa. They aren't sitting down with LE either, you would think they would only be concerned about finding that precious child..

IMO their behavior sucks and yet someone is paying for them to try and get out of jail for free and obviously catering to their every whim.

This makes no good sense to me. There is a piece of this puzzle missing. Moo

I am sick and tired of seeing missing children exploited for someone's financial gain!

IMO, sitting down with LE is the very definition of helping to find your baby.
I don't think they should be out there searching themselves. (and LE frowns on it)
Friends and family can put up posters.

The best way for any family with a missing loved one to help, is to sit with LE and tell them everything they know, or suspect.
With or without an atty present. Just talk FGS! If an intruder did take Lisa, the tiniest little tidbit could be what breaks the case wide open.

How on earth does taking off for the weekend (unless it's to set up camp with LE) help find your baby? :banghead:

alien
10-29-2011, 04:56 AM
IMO, sitting down with LE is the very definition of helping to find your baby.
I don't think they should be out there searching themselves. (and LE frowns on it)
Friends and family can put up posters.

The best way for any family with a missing loved one to help, is to sit with LE and tell them everything they know, or suspect.
With or without an atty present. Just talk FGS! If an intruder did take Lisa, the tiniest little tidbit could be what breaks the case wide open.

How on earth does taking off for the weekend (unless it's to set up camp with LE) help find your baby? :banghead:

Isn't it clear? They don't care.
They don't bother to clear LE's suspicion on them. How can LE helps them wholeheartedly?

What they have done in the past few weeks defines them.

Mountain_Kat
10-29-2011, 07:12 AM
Someone called the cops on Tina Porter?! :eek:

So much for trying to be a good samaritan and offering sound advice, eh?

josie1986
10-29-2011, 07:14 AM
my head is spinning,its just one thing after another....

i find it hard to stomach the way the treated TP and didn't even acknowledge her,they could have respectfully said "no thank you" what they did is darn right rude.

i agree that they planned to leave before TP turned up but where the heck are they going? and why did BS turn up nearly 2days early? i sure hope LE know where they are now but IMO i doubt they do.

i sure hope i see someone doing the perp walk soon :innocent:

WHERE ARE YOU LISA??

Turnadot
10-29-2011, 07:25 AM
Respectfully snipped.
For the record, we made several attempts this week to contact the Irwin and Bradley family attempting to set up a meeting. Instead of them responding stating "we aren’t interested", our requests were never acknowledged...
No response is a response. Tina tried to make contact, but DB and JI didn't respond. That was Tina's answer right there.

Don't get me wrong, I think Tina Porter is amazing, but if her correspondence went unanswered, then she should have just dropped it for now instead of just showing up at their door!

I respect Tina a great deal, but her approach here was a bad call.

IMO

Insofar as the family leaving, I think it's to get away from reporters camping at their door.

Melanie
10-29-2011, 07:28 AM

There is a thread on Tina, but here's the video. Tina showed up late at night, and was aggressive IMHO. I would have shut the door too, regardless of what her intentions were.

http://www.fox4kc.com/videobeta/?watchId=ab7ea607-f35a-45c1-9886-5f309248a98e

Draw your own conclusions --

MOO

Mel

~n/t~
10-29-2011, 07:34 AM
my head is spinning,its just one thing after another....

i find it hard to stomach the way the treated TP and didn't even acknowledge her,they could have respectfully said "no thank you" what they did is darn right rude.

i agree that they planned to leave before TP turned up but where the heck are they going? and why did BS turn up nearly 2days early? i sure hope LE know where they are now but IMO i doubt they do.

i sure hope i see someone doing the perp walk soon :innocent:

WHERE ARE YOU LISA??

Maybe they had enough. Strangers showing up at the door at night not once but twice. We have to remember this is a relative's home and not theirs. Furthermore, they have 2 small children who are probably scared as heck by what's going on. Who in their right mind would do this knowing there are 2 other children in the home who have been traumatized already?

This is sickening.

Mountain_Kat
10-29-2011, 07:37 AM
There is a thread on Tina, but here's the video. Tina showed up late at night, and was aggressive IMHO. I would have shut the door too, regardless of what her intentions were.

MOO

Mel

My issue isn't so much with the family turning Tina away...it's that they called the cops on her.

But, to each their own. I'm sure both Ms. Porter and Mr. Abeyta have gotten the message, loud and clear, that this family is not interested in their help or advice.

Melanie
10-29-2011, 07:45 AM
My issue isn't so much with the family turning Tina away...it's that they called the cops on her.

But, to each their own. I'm sure both Ms. Porter and Mr. Abeyta have gotten the message, loud and clear, that this family is not interested in their help or advice.

Looking from the inside out, the ,<mod snip> probably didn't have a clue as to who this woman was and thought she might be a whack-a-doodle. If someone showed up at my door once, was turned away, and came knocking again, I may have called the police too.

It's unfortunate no matter how you look at it :(

Mel

Twelve of One
10-29-2011, 07:48 AM
<mod snip>, I like that.

mlc9852
10-29-2011, 07:52 AM

Then what were the "burnt clothing" LE showed DB? Was DB right and LE was lying to her?

Mountain_Kat
10-29-2011, 07:55 AM
Not trying to be harsh here, but I really believe it's time for this community to do whatever it takes to recover this child's body. There isn't going to be a happy ending here, and without a body, there is never going to be justice for this child either.

All just my opinion.

Donjeta
10-29-2011, 08:00 AM

MOO

Mel

This appears to be a video shot after she was turned away. If she got upset because of what happened she might appear more aggressive in the video than when she was knocking at the door. IDK.

But showing up unannounced on the door of the family that doesn't talk to the police, doesn't talk to the local media, doesn't talk to Gil Abeyta, she could have expected to get this reception. Why would they talk to Tina Porter either? Did the person answering the door even know who she is?

josie1986
10-29-2011, 08:01 AM
Looking from the inside out, the bradwins probably didn't have a clue as to who this woman was and thought she might be a whack-a-doodle. If someone showed up at my door once, was turned away, and came knocking again, I may have called the police too.

Mel

but DB said she followed similar cases....and this was pretty high profile was it not? so she would know who she is?

just a thought

JMO MOO!!

SilkySifaka
10-29-2011, 08:04 AM
Looking from the inside out, the bradwins probably didn't have a clue as to who this woman was and thought she might be a whack-a-doodle. If someone showed up at my door once, was turned away, and came knocking again, I may have called the police too.

Mel

Exactly and that they were taken away by BS probably has more to do with a number of whack a doodles at the door than it does TP. We only hear of the high profile ones..

Melanie
10-29-2011, 08:06 AM
but DB said she followed similar cases....and this was pretty high profile was it not? so she would know who she is?

just a thought

JMO MOO!!

EEK - I've followed many cases and I haven't a clue who Tina Porter is. I had to look her up ;)

MOO

Mel

Donjeta
10-29-2011, 08:10 AM

just a thought

JMO MOO!!

I didn't know Tina Porter either.

It may not have been DB who opened the door and even if DB knows Tina Porter we don't know what kind of news her relatives follow and if they would recognize her in the dark even if they'd heard about the case.

ExpectingUnicorns
10-29-2011, 08:11 AM
I wonder how many people are now wondering where the family is ~ instead of wondering where Baby Lisa is. :sigh:

From my point of view, there's something wrong with the family's priorities here!

~n/t~
10-29-2011, 08:13 AM
Not trying to be harsh here, but I really believe it's time for this community to do whatever it takes to recover this child's body. There isn't going to be a happy ending here, and without a body, there is never going to be justice for this child either.

All just my opinion.

Wouldn't LE ask for help if they needed it? Volunteers, SAR teams?

Turnadot
10-29-2011, 08:25 AM
Well, I don't agree that the community should do whatever it takes. I get this horrible image of pitchforks and houses burning to the ground.

I watch too many movies.

NancyA
10-29-2011, 08:28 AM
It's bloody disgusting the whole thing. I have bile in my mouth as I read what's been going on. First of all there is no concrete proof that these people did anything to Lisa or made her disappear, oh yes there's a lot of speculation and disparate bits of 'evidence' and a disatrous PR circus that are all being cobbled together and make it look like they did. Maybe they did but until such time as LE see fit to make an arrest or announce they are POIs then surely human decency demands that people at least give them some benefit of the doubt and take a step back for the sake of their other children if nothing else.

They left their home and took refuge with family and now have the media camped outside there, they have people on the internet demanding they talk, search, confess, have their other children taken away, nitpicking every little thing they do and say, demanding they do this, demanding they do that. Then they have people turning up unannounced at their door, sure they're well-meaning or sympathetic because they went through the same thing and want to help but, if they are feeling aggrieved because they are turned away, they have no one to blame but themselves for trying to insert themselves into this family's situation uninvited. And doing so in the full spotlight of the media smacks to me of self-serving publicity seeking. Want to know who their lawyer is? Gimme a break. It's all over the media who their lawyer is. Contact him and if you still don't get a response then too bad, deal with it, they don't want your help right now.

Then we have reporters taking pictures of their other minor kids going to and from their school? The school they usually attend and kept there clearly in an effort to maintain at least some semblance of normalcy in their young lives at a time when they must be as bewildered as heck.

What next? The same mobs of nutjobs who picketed the Anthonys' home and Terri Horman's parents' home descending on them?

I don't for one second blame them for getting out and, more importantly, getting their kids out. I don't care if they went to Disney or the Bahamas or Shangri-La - fact is the adults can take care of themselves but those children at the very least need to be protected and away from all this and for those who would say they need to be taken away from the parents I'd say, unless there is some proof of abuse or neglect or endangerment, that's the last thing they need right now.

LolaLouise
10-29-2011, 08:42 AM
It's bloody disgusting the whole thing. I have bile in my mouth as I read what's been going on. First of all there is no concrete proof that these people did anything to Lisa or made her disappear, oh yes there's a lot of speculation and disparate bits of 'evidence' and a disatrous PR circus that are all being cobbled together and make it look like they did. Maybe they did but until such time as LE see fit to make an arrest or announce they are POIs then surely human decency demands that people at least give them some benefit of the doubt and take a step back for the sake of their other children if nothing else.

They left their home and took refuge with family and now have the media camped outside there, they have people on the internet demanding they talk, search, confess, have their other children taken away, nitpicking every little thing they do and say, demanding they do this, demanding they do that. Then they have people turning up unannounced at their door, sure they're well-meaning or sympathetic because they went through the same thing and want to help but, if they are feeling aggrieved because they are turned away, they have no one to blame but themselves for trying to insert themselves into this family's situation uninvited. And doing so in the full spotlight of the media smacks to me of self-serving publicity seeking. Want to know who their lawyer is? Gimme a break. It's all over the media who their lawyer is. Contact him and if you still don't get a response then too bad, deal with it, they don't want your help right now.

Then we have reporters taking pictures of their other minor kids going to and from their school? The school they usually attend and kept there clearly in an effort to maintain at least some semblance of normalcy in their young lives at a time when they must be as bewildered as heck.

What next? The same mobs of nutjobs who picketed the Anthonys' home and Terri Horman's parents' home descending on them?

I don't for one second blame them for getting out and, more importantly, getting their kids out. I don't care if they went to Disney or the Bahamas or Shangri-La - fact is the adults can take care of themselves but those children at the very least need to be protected and away from all this and for those who would say they need to be taken away from the parents I'd say, unless there is some proof of abuse or neglect or endangerment, that's the last thing they need right now.

With respect, the only people to blame for this speculation and PR/media circus are DB and JI. If they would like to avoid or end all of this, they can speak to LE openly and candidly, and should have done so from the beginning. They are holding the puppet strings here. I do not have sympathy for them at all, but I do feel for their other children.

SilkySifaka

BRAVO!!!!!!!!! you said all I didn't dare to.

And I am on the fence, quite prepared for one or both to be guilty but given what we have...bravo

~n/t~

:clap: Thanks wasn't enough,

SilkySifaka
10-29-2011, 08:44 AM
Wouldn't LE ask for help if they needed it? Volunteers, SAR teams?

and in fact they ahve threatened to prosecute those searching on their own IMO

~n/t~
10-29-2011, 08:49 AM

Wow...I didn't know that. Thanks.

josie1986
10-29-2011, 08:49 AM
With respect, the only people to blame for this speculation and PR/media circus are DB and JI. If they would like to avoid or end all of this, they can speak to LE openly and candidly, and should have done so from the beginning. They are holding the puppet strings here. I do not have sympathy for them at all, but I do feel for their other children.

couldn't agree with you more,they brought the speculation on themselves with everything the have said and done or not done in this case.

why would u need to change your story so many times if its the truth :banghead:

Abby Normal
10-29-2011, 08:50 AM
I know a few don't like the comparison to the ant's, but when the bradley/irwin's turned away 2 people with experience in missing children it reminded me of Cindy and how poorly she treated Tim Miller who was only there to help find their missing grandaughter. It was deplorable.

Birds of a feather and all.

MOO

Mel

Actually Abeyta was welcomed after they figured out who he was, and Abeyta has talked enough with them to believe in their innocence.

IMO, we would all turn away random people at the door too. Getting offended abt that is odd to me. JMO.

justamommy
10-29-2011, 08:54 AM

100% agree!!!:rocker:

NancyA
10-29-2011, 08:57 AM

Oh I am very ready to agree that they are not helping themselves by distancing themselves from LE and the apparent refusal to cooperate with the investigation. I sincerely think though that is largely down to the seemingly HORRIBLE advice they are getting and have been getting from those surrounding them since the beginning. First we had the foot-in-mouth family spokeswoman in the form of JI's sister then the influx of the celebrity PI, the celebrity high-profile lawyer paid for by the mysterious family benefactor. And now the departure already of one attorney suggests conflicting advice and, worse, conflicting agendas from a team more bent on helping themselves IMO rather than their clients.

Abby Normal
10-29-2011, 09:00 AM

They turned her away, then she walked over to cameras saying "roll the cameras, roll the cameras" talked to media, and then went back.

If they don't know who she is especially, what else would you expect than an escalating scene?

I think is is lovely that Tina reached out, but I don't think going to her door at night was the best option.

ETA- I also feel that if she is going to get offended and go straight to media, then the family made the right call by not letting her in to their inner circle. They did let Abeyta in, and he believes in their innocence. Perhaps Tina has said something that makes them believe she does not share his optimism? She was there with someone who clearly presumes their guilt, so it is possible. I wouldn't let a mother who lost both her kids to murder into my home if I thought she believed I was guilty of child murder either. Who knows what/why they declined to meet with her- but that's their right. They did meet with Abeyta, so they aren't turning everyone away.

lorann
10-29-2011, 09:01 AM
Maybe someone has provided a home for them to live in, and BS was helping them move. If BS intends to have any credibility with LE, I would think LE was advised of their location.

SilkySifaka
10-29-2011, 09:03 AM
They turned her away, then she walked over to cameras saying "roll the cameras, roll the cameras" talked to media, and then went back.

If they don't know who she is especially, what else would you expect than an escalating scene?

I think is is lovely that Tina reached out, but I don't think going to her door at night was the best option.

BBM what???:waitasec:

frankie069
10-29-2011, 09:03 AM
Now that is just NOT true! ;) Their family also sold Find Lisa t-shirts for $15.00 a piece and, IMO, the t-shirts were probably donated.

Yeah and not to get off topic but that money way never put into the reward money fund like it was supposed to.. How much money did they make.. One will never know.

Patty G
10-29-2011, 09:04 AM

I don't recall reading that LE would prosecute anyone that searched for Lisa on there own. My goodness, arrest someone if they went looking for a missing child.

By chance, do you have a link where I can read about this statement. Thanks.

stilettos
10-29-2011, 09:05 AM

BBM As to the above DB has admitted to being black out drunk while being the sole provider of care for three children, one a sick infant. IMO that is neglect and I am pretty sure the law backs me up. If something happened to the child while DB was incoherent, child endangerment. Sorry, but these children deserve better than a black out drunk Mom and a dad who makes excuses for her. I do not know when this country went down the pipes to thinking that parental rights includes putting your children at risk for your "me" time.:furious:

justamommy
10-29-2011, 09:06 AM
Yeah and not to get off topic but that money way never put into the reward money fund like it was supposed to.. How much money did they make.. One will never know.

Respectfully, how do you know that? Link?

momshrink
10-29-2011, 09:06 AM

It's unfortunate no matter how you look at it :(u

Mel

Plus they let Gil A. in and then he went on national tv reporting what he saw! I think they have much to hide and are scared, but anyone could show up at their door. There are crazys who are attracted to these situations. We saw that here in orlando!

Twelve of One
10-29-2011, 09:08 AM
If every parent who gets drunk had their kids taken away from them, we'd spend the entire national budget on orphanages.

Getting drunk while caring for kids is not a good idea but it is hardly grounds for taking children away from their parents. I can't imagine the trauma and damage that would be caused by removing those boys from their family right now.

frankie069
10-29-2011, 09:11 AM
It is weird that they left out of the blue like that and BS comes flying in all of the sudden but I am sure LE knows where they are (at least I hope so) and I am surprised the media didnt follow them, I really am.

That being said, unless they totally left the area, we will know where they are either today or tomorrow because they are too well known. How can they hide. Maybe the just left for the weekend. I mean afterall, they dont do anything to assist LE so what are they needed for anyway. Once again, kidnapped or not, none of them are doing a thing to help get her back home..

Patty G
10-29-2011, 09:11 AM
I am not thrilled about this late hour departure to an unknown location. I am very concerned over the children being up-routed again! The children need a stable environment right now, not more chaos.

Abby Normal
10-29-2011, 09:12 AM
This appears to be a video shot after she was turned away. If she got upset because of what happened she might appear more aggressive in the video than when she was knocking at the door. IDK.

But showing up unannounced on the door of the family that doesn't talk to the police, doesn't talk to the local media, doesn't talk to Gil Abeyta, she could have expected to get this reception. Why would they talk to Tina Porter either? Did the person answering the door even know who she is?

Did I miss a development? I'm starting to think I did. Last I read they were meeting with Abeyta, and he publicly spoke to their innocence (and his daughter spoke here confirming his feeling of innocence) and gave them advice to talk to LE more, no matter why they aren't. :waitasec:

SilkySifaka
10-29-2011, 09:13 AM
I don't recall reading that LE would prosecute anyone that searched for Lisa on there own. My goodness, arrest someone if they went looking for a missing child.

Patty I put IMO because I am lousy at searching, but I am sure I commented on it. It was during the searches of the woods and they said people searching on their own would be charged. At the time it surprised me but I think they wanted to keep the searches to themselves because of the cell phones and not have dozens of people contaminating the scenes or possible scenes.

If anyone can find it i would be grateful but until then imo is all i can say. I THINK it was before the forum started.

Patty G
10-29-2011, 09:14 AM
Did I miss a development? I'm starting to think I did. Last I read they were meeting with Abeyta, and he publicly spoke to their innocence (and his daughter spoke here confirming his feeling of innocence) and gave them advice to talk to LE more, no matter why they aren't. :waitasec:

Yupper, you are right. DB&JI did meet with Abeyta for about a half-hour; he was on HLN News and Prime News on Friday talking about it in depth. Also on Nancy the other night.

Tuffy
10-29-2011, 09:16 AM

Wouldn't stop me. I would like to see the actual charges that would be filed against someone out looking for a missing child without the state's permission. Sounds fishy to me.

serveitup
10-29-2011, 09:17 AM

Could they have meant outside of organized searches -where searchers report back and every area searched is marked on a map? Because if this happened in my area/neighborhood threats of prosecution would not stop me from doing whatever I could do.

stilettos
10-29-2011, 09:17 AM
Wouldn't stop me. I would like to see the actual charges that would be filed against someone out looking for a missing child without the state's permission. Sounds fishy to me.

Yeah, somehow I don't think so...it woudl be a media nightmare.

Donjeta
10-29-2011, 09:20 AM

I was referring to the first time he was turned away. IIRC he went to see them at their door and got promptly sent on his way. I am aware that he was there another time and met them but... well... It doesn't sound like they talked to him that time either, he makes it sound more like he was trying to talk to them and wasn't very successful.

ABEYTA: Well, I expected that we would sit down, with nobody around, and be able to review some of the problems that are going on within their - - within their family. I didn`t have that opportunity. I actually was standing up every time that I was talking to them because there was other people there. And it`s just not the right time.

It was not the right conditions to be able to sit down and go over it. I wanted more. And so I said, I will be back when you want me, if you want me. I`m not here to force myself to you. And I said, but we`ve got to go over everything. I did say to them that, you`re making a few mistakes. And I realize they may not even be your problem. But you have to talk to the media.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1110/27/ng.01.html

Abby Normal
10-29-2011, 09:22 AM
BBM what???:waitasec:

First hand account of indepmo who was with her and whom seems to believe in the guilt of the parents was with Tina Porter.

Page 9 of oct 28 MSM thread that is now closed.

Just visited the Irwin-Bradley (hideout) with Tina Porter. After she explained who she was a young gentleman stated they aren't available right now and to contact their attorney if we wanted to talk to them. Door shut in face.

Tina walked straight over to FOX 4 and KCTV 5 saying. "roll the cameras, roll the cameras" and really let go. Will post videos whenever they are online. (No, I didn't want to walk up rolling cell phone video as much as I would have liked to)

momshrink
10-29-2011, 09:23 AM
I hope an arrest is imminent. I wish LE would involve the other bio parents to be able to talk to the boys. I do not understand why these parents are stonewalling LE unless they are guilty.
But, I understand moving to a location where they have more privacy from the media and from strangers knocking on their door, no matter how well intentioned. This is a mess for the two boys, especially. Loss of their sister, plus whatever they witnessed that night. And now media camped out. The boys cannot even play outside or go for walks.

NancyA
10-29-2011, 09:27 AM
BBM As to the above DB has admitted to being black out drunk while being the sole provider of care for three children, one a sick infant. IMO that is neglect and I am pretty sure the law backs me up. If something happened to the child while DB was incoherent, child endangerment. Sorry, but these children deserve better than a black out drunk Mom and a dad who makes excuses for her. I do not know when this country went down the pipes to thinking that parental rights includes putting your children at risk for your "me" time.:furious:

Once again I'm ready agree getting black out drunk in charge of children should be at the very least a huge societal cause for concern if not cause for intervention by the authorities. However, as stated on another thread, even the most normally assiduous of parents admit to drinking 'on the parental job' and unless and until something does happen to their children many, including professional childminders hired to babysit while parent go on a night out don't even think about the potential risks of leaving after the impaired parents come home.

The authorities aren't going to take steps unless a child is harmed or injured and yes, it can be argued that Lisa disappeared while her mom was drunk and incapable therefore that is harm or injury right there so maybe the authorities should act to protect the other kids - I don't know, I don't have the answers, I'm very torn. I just think that CPS won't intervene unless there is clear evidence of physical abuse or neglect and there doesn't appear to be any here. This case has certainly opened my eyes belatedly to things I did when my kids were little, no I never got blackout drunk but there were times when let's say I wasn't operating at 100% of cognisance so my attention wasn't what it should have been and have me thanking God no harm came to them because of my failure to think through properly what might have been.

Donjeta
10-29-2011, 09:28 AM
I may be mixing it up with some other case but I seem to recall a generic warning, much like in other cases. Not that they would prosecute anybody for SEARCHING but if volunteers get into trouble for trespassing etc. they wouldn't want that.

Abby Normal
10-29-2011, 09:29 AM

I did not read that either. But I will say that when my child went missing, which was a really simple deal- just wandered into someone's backyard that we don't know- that is essentially what they told me. Stay, sit, don't move- you may not help. They didn't say they would prosecute, but I absolutely got the impression that they were willing to cuff me if I didn't listen. It was not "friendly" of course I was cool with not friendly when she was missing.

They rightly need to do their job without interference. I do wish they would engage the community on the search for increased foot power, but I believe in their ability and competency and will trust that is the right choice in THIS case.

That said, I doubt they prosecuted the kid who found the old diapers- right? He was looking. I bet it's pretty much only those who COULD be involved that aren't allowed to search. JMO.

frankie069
10-29-2011, 09:31 AM
Patty I put IMO because I am lousy at searching, but I am sure I commented on it. It was during the searches of the woods and they said people searching on their own would be charged. At the time it surprised me but I think they wanted to keep the searches to themselves because of the cell phones and not have dozens of people contaminating the scenes or possible scenes.

If anyone can find it i would be grateful but until then imo is all i can say. I THINK it was before the forum started.

Actually i wish I could find the link but someone from the neighborhood came out and said they were going to open a command center and start a search and they got the OK. So I dont think LE would turn this away. Besides, when you do a community search like that, USUALLY, they have a sign up sheet so they can see who helped in the event that that person finds Lisa and knew where to look... Just sayin..

Donjeta
10-29-2011, 09:34 AM
First hand account of indepmo who was with her and whom seems to believe in the guilt of the parents was with Tina Porter.

Page 9 of oct 28 MSM thread that is now closed.

maybe indepmo can clarify but I didn't read that as saying that TP was turned away, told them to roll the cameras and then went back to the door. More like she vented after being turned away. The clip that I saw was after the whole thing.

Is there footage of her going to the door the second time?

natsound
10-29-2011, 09:36 AM

That took me a minute...! :floorlaugh:

raeann
10-29-2011, 09:37 AM

Unless the searching was to be done on a PUBLIC sidewalk, street, or in a park area.....every step they take on private property is trespassing at the very least. If they dig or tear down bushes or fences or move signs, wood piles, or enter structures on that property etc......then it becomes vandalism and breaking and entering......plenty of charges to choose from.

jmo

SuziQ
10-29-2011, 09:38 AM

Tina herself didn't handle it well. Ran right straight for the media and said "role the cameras, roll the cameras" Then really let go. She got butt hurt and forgot that this case isn't about her. MOO.

serveitup
10-29-2011, 09:39 AM
I read in a report the boys had been in school everyday and I think they most likely will be back in that same school Monday.

Tuffy
10-29-2011, 09:40 AM
Unless the searching was to be done on a PUBLIC sidewalk, street, or in a park area.....every step they take on private property is trespassing at the very least. If they dig or tear down bushes or fences or move signs, wood piles, or enter structures on that property etc......then it becomes vandalism and breaking and entering......plenty of charges to choose from.

jmo

I didn't say I would go search someone's private property without permission. The charges would be trespassing. It was specifically stated that anyone searching would be prosecuted for searching, period.

SuziQ
10-29-2011, 09:43 AM

MR Abeyta isn't having a problem with this family.

frankie069
10-29-2011, 09:49 AM

jmo

They can do a walk through of fields in the area, walk the river bed and things like that without trespassing though. Actually those are the places that to me, might need to be searched again. I am not sure if they ever had anyone walk down the river bed, I know a few people on here had mentioned that needs to be done because it is big. I think it would be great if people could help do these things.. At least someone is doing something. All I can think of is how cold it is getting and the thought of that baby just laying out there someplace bothers me. You wish WHOEVER took her or disposed of her would think of a way to make an anonymous phone call to say where her body was so she can come home..

raeann
10-29-2011, 09:49 AM
I didn't say I would go search someone's private property without permission. The charges would be trespassing. It was specifically stated that anyone searching would be prosecuted for searching, period.

Yes, I understand, but my point was that if someone wants to walk/jog/stroll through a public area while "looking" around them for any random cell phones, or baby clothes lying about......then fine, there is nothing that LE can do to stop them from keeping their eyes open. However.....there are VERY limited areas in which that can be done. Many volunteer searchers assume that ANY undeveloped lot or wooded area that they CAN enter is public access and public property. If LE wanted private searchers or thought that would be of any help, they would have stated that fact. Since they have not, it is clear that they do NOT want that to be done.

jmo

natsound
10-29-2011, 09:53 AM

That's crazy. People out there who think she's still alive want to find her. PD should let them search if they want to.

raeann
10-29-2011, 09:56 AM
They can do a walk through of fields in the area, walk the river bed and things like that without trespassing though. Actually those are the places that to me, might need to be searched again. I am not sure if they ever had anyone walk down the river bed, I know a few people on here had mentioned that needs to be done because it is big. I think it would be great if people could help do these things.. At least someone is doing something. All I can think of is how cold it is getting and the thought of that baby just laying out there someplace bothers me. You wish WHOEVER took her or disposed of her would think of a way to make an anonymous phone call to say where her body was so she can come home..

Respectfully, all FIELDS are private property and the river bed has an actual river in it. Many of the bank areas are not accessible to the public either due to fences, businesses, etc.

NancyA
10-29-2011, 09:56 AM

Trying very hard to cling to the belief Lisa's not dead but in my more realistic moments......the BBM brought tears to my eyes. Bless your loving heart.

Patty G
10-29-2011, 09:58 AM

OK, I will look in the search thread so we don't continue to throw this thread :offtopic:

Rallihanna
10-29-2011, 09:59 AM
Unfortunately, I feel the place they need to search is the landfill...