PDA

View Full Version : MSM coverage of Baby Lisa, 11/4/11

Pages : [1] 2

Cazzie
11-04-2011, 06:28 AM
Good Morning!

11/4/11

Post links to today's MSM coverage here. And little to no discussion here, please.

If you wish to discuss something in today's links, find an appropriate topic thread. If none, start a new thread. :)

Thanks to all!

Let today be the day that Lisa is found! :blowkiss:

Cazzie
11-04-2011, 06:53 AM
Video only, from fox 11/3/11, but I didn't see it in yesterday's thread.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/1256928825001/irwin-family-making-police-wait-to-interview-brothers/

Judge Alex Ferrer: It's a matter of they don't want those kids talking to police...maybe not until they have a good idea of what they're going to say. And why would that be?

<not a full transcript>

Discuss here: Interview with the two boys has been cancelled

josie1986
11-04-2011, 07:09 AM
Video only, from fox 11/3/11, but I didn't see it in yesterday's thread.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/1256928825001/irwin-family-making-police-wait-to-interview-brothers/

Judge Alex Ferrer: It's a matter of they don't want those kids talking to police...maybe not until they have a good idea of what they're going to say. And why would that be?

IMO they know something and DB and/or JI know they know something about that night,hence why they don't want them talking to LE.

Is there some way LE can interview them without the parents permission?

Really feel for those poor boys

nursebeeme
11-04-2011, 08:16 AM
morning peeps!! I cannot believe it has been a month to the day today! Let's hope there is a break in the case soon...

Mountain_Kat
11-04-2011, 08:22 AM
It feels like it's been so much longer than a month. *sigh*

nursebeeme
11-04-2011, 08:24 AM
Through an entire month of noise and confusion, rumors and searches, there's still one sad question that hasn't been answered: Where is Lisa Irwin?

Read more: http://www.nbcactionnews.com/dpp/news/region_missouri/northland/A-month-later-still-no-sign-of-Lisa-irwin#ixzz1cjrsoMJf

---------

nursebeeme
11-04-2011, 08:26 AM
Jeff Lanza, a retired FBI agent, said photos may not be exactly how missing Lisa Irwin looks now.
He said because the 11-month-old is still considered a baby, she continues to grow and her facial features are changing, as well as her body.

Read more: http://www.nbcactionnews.com/dpp/news/region_missouri/northland/retired-fbi-agent:-lisas-looks-are-changing#ixzz1cjsMrEFP

this is so true

nursebeeme
11-04-2011, 08:27 AM
http://www.kmbc.com/news/29681906/detail.html

nursebeeme
11-04-2011, 08:28 AM
this is from yesterday...

Kansas City police said they are not actively searching for 11-month-old Lisa Irwin. Police also said the parents still are not cooperating in the investigation.
by Karen Yancey/Staff 7:08 PM yesterday

Read more: http://livewire.kmbc.com/Event/Live_Blog_Amber_Alert_Issued_For_Missing_10-Month-Old#ixzz1cjskibNT

Mountain_Kat
11-04-2011, 08:34 AM
---------

<snip>

Despite those concerns, detectives did admit each search done had recovered evidence helpful to the investigation.

Police have not said what evidence they found.

</snip>

That's news to me. After many of the searches, LE would only say it was a tip that "didn't pan out". I questioned that statement after the woods search off N Brighton, because we could clearly see LE putting something into evidence bags. But I just put it down to the evidence retrieved not being helpful in the investigation. Now, I don't know what to think. :waitasec:

Here's the video that shows LE putting something into evidence bags during N Brighton woods search (if anyone wants to look at it). It's around the :43 mark.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/44992690/ns/today-today_news/t/cadaver-dog-has-hit-inside-baby-lisas-home/

josie1986
11-04-2011, 08:40 AM

Kansas City police said they are not actively searching for 11-month-old Lisa Irwin. Police also said the parents still are not cooperating in the investigation.
by Karen Yancey/Staff 7:08 PM yesterday

Read more: http://livewire.kmbc.com/Event/Live_Blog_Amber_Alert_Issued_For_Missing_10-Month-Old#ixzz1cjskibNT

wait what?

does that just mean their not out physically searching?

<snip>

Despite those concerns, detectives did admit each search done had recovered evidence helpful to the investigation.

</snip>

That's news to me. After many of the searches, LE would only say it was a tip that "didn't pan out". I questioned that statement after the woods search off N Brighton, because we could clearly see LE putting something into evidence bags. But I just put it down to the evidence retrieved not being helpful in the investigation. Now, I don't know what to think.

i hadn't heard this either,i hope its true and not just bad reporting.but this would explain maybe why their not "actively searching" for lisa,do they know what happened or at least have a fair idea and want to "lean" on the person they think is responsible for a confession :waitasec:

cant believe its been one month already,i hope lisa is brought home one way or another before her 1st birthday :( :praying:

Donjeta
11-04-2011, 08:41 AM
<snip>

</snip>

That's news to me. After many of the searches, LE would only say it was a tip that "didn't pan out". I questioned that statement after the woods search off N Brighton, because we could clearly see LE putting something into evidence bags. But I just put it down to the evidence retrieved not being helpful in the investigation. Now, I don't know what to think. :waitasec:

I thought that maybe it is confusingly written and "each search" refers to the searches they've done in the house because that's what the author is talking about immediately preceding the paragraph.

I hope they have something important from the other searches too.

Mountain_Kat
11-04-2011, 08:45 AM
I thought that maybe it is confusingly written and "each search" refers to the searches they've done in the house because that's what the author is talking about immediately preceding the paragraph.

I hope they have something important from the other searches too.

Hmmm, hadn't thought of that, Donjeta.

nursebeeme
11-04-2011, 08:49 AM
I think that there are no "active searches".. but they have not quit searching for her... jmhoo...

nursebeeme
11-04-2011, 08:50 AM
<snip>

</snip>

Here's the video that shows LE putting something into evidence bags during N Brighton woods search (if anyone wants to look at it). It's around the :43 mark.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/44992690/ns/today-today_news/t/cadaver-dog-has-hit-inside-baby-lisas-home/

great catch kat!

Truthwillsetufree
11-04-2011, 08:52 AM

Kansas City police said they are not actively searching for 11-month-old Lisa Irwin. Police also said the parents still are not cooperating in the investigation.by Karen Yancey/Staff 7:08 PM yesterday

Continues to baffle me. I can't imagine. A month has gone by without their child, a month without seeing her face, touching her skin or hearing her voice. Obviously, I'm not as strong as these people. My mind and my heart could not handle this for a month. I would be begging and pleading for the help of LE. I would do anything they asked of me if it meant there was any hope that I would hold my child in my arms again.....

my_tee_mouse
11-04-2011, 09:07 AM
this is so true
I'll say! I last saw my three grandmunchkins Labor Day Weekend. My DDIL sent photos in October. She sent two more photos yesterday, and if they hadn't come from HER phone, I would have hardly recognized the youngest two! (I'm talking about a two-year-old and an eight-month-old). They grow THAT FAST. .

luckyme
11-04-2011, 09:13 AM
Baby Lisa&#39;s Parents Meet With New Lawyer - YouTube

I didnt know that the neighbor was there when attorney went to visit at north waldron. :waitasec: The parents, the brother, the neighbor? I think the answers lie with in those four. moo

josie1986
11-04-2011, 09:23 AM
Baby Lisa's Parents Meet With New Lawyer - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrxBWBJhD2s)

I didnt know that the neighbor was there when attorney went to visit at north waldron. :waitasec: The parents, the brother, the neighbor? I think the answers lie with in those four. moo

i think JT is the fall guy here,so you may just be right.

watching that video the lawyer (i don't know his name) says he probably won't be talking to MSM til next week.........next week will be another week gone and Lisa may still not be found jesus :banghead:

yllek
11-04-2011, 09:31 AM
I've been wondering if the neighbor Samantha B. will the new "character" introduced by MSM today (decoding Jim Spellman's tweet last night).

Unless she's been asked not to talk to the media by LE, she is of most interest to me. I want to see her and hear her tell us:

1. What does she mean by Lisa was "apparently" fine when she saw her at 4:30 p.m. in her crib? Did she actually see Lisa, touch her, change her, what?

2. How does she know her 4 year old saw Lisa at 6:30 p.m.? Was this when she ran for more liquor? Did the 4 year old see the baby alone or with Debbi? Was the 4 year old questioned by CPS on behalf of LE or is this something the child later told Samantha?

3. Who else was out the house other than the boys, the 4 year old and the two women? Was Debbi's brother Phil there while she was at the house? Other guests at any time? Did Debbi leave for any period of time? How did the kitten get inside the house; did someone bring it?

4. Who was Samantha talking to outside from 10:30 to 11:30 p.m.? Were they in view of the Irwin home?

5. Did Samantha take a lie detector test? Was she asked? How much questioning has she undergone?

6. Does Samantha know Megan and/or Jersey? If so, how?

7. Why does Samantha think her own estranged husband was so heavily investigated (per his admission)? Did he have any acrimony towards Debbi and/or Jeremy?

8. How well does Samantha know Debbi's brother Phil? Does he stay at the Irwin home; does he live there?

I hope we see Samanth B. in MSM coverage today. Crossing my fingers. Also hope she has been and continues talking to LE as much as requested, unrestricted.

One month gone; one month too long. :heart: Lisa :heart:

Mountain_Kat
11-04-2011, 09:35 AM
I'm thinking the "new character emerging" (ugh!) is going to be whichever "neighbor" SB continued to party with until 11:30 that night. Could the neighbor be PN? Maybe.

josie1986
11-04-2011, 09:35 AM
I've been wondering if the neighbor Samantha B. will the new "character" introduced by MSM today (decoding Jim Spellman's tweet last night).

Unless she's been asked not to talk to the media by LE, she is of most interest to me. I want to see her and hear tell us:

1. What does she mean by Lisa was "apparently" fine when she was her at 4:30 p.m. in her crib. Did she actually see Lisa, touch her, change her, what?

2. How does she know her 4 year old saw Lisa at 6:30 p.m.? Was this when she ran for more liquor? Did the 4 year old see the baby alone or with Debbi? Was the 4 year old questioned by CPS on behalf of LE or is this something the child later told Samantha S.

3. Who else was out the house other than the boys, the 4 year old and the two women? Was Debbi's brother Phil there while she was at the house? Other guests at any time? Did Debbi leave for any period of time? How did the kitten get inside the house; did someone bring it?

4. Who was Samantha talking to outside from 10:30 to 11:30 p.m.? Were they in view of the Irwin home?

5. Did Samantha take a lie detector test? Was she asked? How much questioning has she undergone?

6. Does Samantha know Megan and/or Jersey? If so, how?

7. Why does Sabrina think her own estranged husband was so heavily investigated (per his admission)? Did he have any acrimony towards Debbi and/or Jeremy?

8. How well does Sabrina know Debbi's brother Phil? Does he stay at the Irwin home; does he live there?

BBM

who is Sabrina? am i missing something :waitasec:

yllek
11-04-2011, 09:43 AM
BBM

who is Sabrina? am i missing something :waitasec:

Thanks for catching that josie. I fixed my post.

:floorlaugh: This is how crazy I've gotten with this case. I didn't want to use SB for the neighbor because they are also Debbi's legal husband's initials. Trying to avoid the JT/JT confusion. But, the name Samantha always makes me think of Samantha Stevens on "Bewitched". Which then makes me think of her funky cousin Sabrina.

Warning: coffee before posting, or this could happen to you!

josie1986
11-04-2011, 09:47 AM
Thanks for catching that josie. I fixed my post.

:floorlaugh: This is how crazy I've gotten with this case. I didn't want to use SB for the neighbor because they are also Debbi's legal husband's initials. Trying to avoid the JT/JT confusion. But, the name Samantha always makes me think of Samantha Stevens on "Bewitched". Which then makes me think of her funky cousin Sabrina.

Warning: coffee before posting, or this could happen to you!

:floorlaugh:

i think we are all losing our minds over this case,i know i am.

thought i had blacked out and lost a couple of hours :innocent:

luckyme
11-04-2011, 09:47 AM
Is the cryptic tweet from Jim. Be ready for some new info today. hopefully. I wasnt on much yesterday so i missed alot. :seeya:

jimspellmancnn jim spellman
@
@Amys1867 perhaps character isn't the best word...2 new figures are emerging i guess. I woudn't want to gibe the impression this is a game
8 hours ago

luckyme
11-04-2011, 09:50 AM
@
@Amys1867 yes...2 new charcters added if i can nail a few things down
8 hours ago

nursebeeme
11-04-2011, 09:56 AM
Is the cryptic tweet from Jim. Be ready for some new info today. hopefully. I wasnt on much yesterday so i missed alot. :seeya:

@
@Amys1867 perhaps character isn't the best word...2 new figures are emerging i guess. I woudn't want to gibe the impression this is a game
8 hours ago

http://twitter.com/#!/jimspellmancnn

(to put this tweet into context note the back and forth between the reporter and the other "tweeter")

so it would seem CNN Jim Spellman is referring to 2 new figures that are not the neighbor mentioned yesterday...:waitasec:

yllek
11-04-2011, 09:57 AM
:floorlaugh:

i think we are all losing our minds over this case,i know i am.

thought i had blacked out and lost a couple of hours :innocent:

If I start referring to the neighbor as "Endora", I will officially put myself in Time Out.

2 new characters today. Hmmm.

P.s. I've really liked Jim Spellman's coverage from the start. When he tweeted that Jersey was hamming it up for the cameras (and then we only saw the back of Jersey's head and he covered his profile with his hand), I thought it was sensationalistic and hoped Spellman wasn't going into that realm. The "characters" label doesn't bother me though. He can't call them "POIs" or "suspects". He can't just say "people" because it doesn't really imply they are tied to the existing story we've been told. Stay with us Jim; we need the objectivity and unbiased digging...

twall
11-04-2011, 09:59 AM
He also found a bedroom window that had been tampered with in the front of the house. :waitasec:

Read more: http://www.nbcactionnews.com/dpp/news/region_missouri/northland/A-month-later-still-no-sign-of-Lisa-irwin#ixzz1ckDf2G5zI

neese
11-04-2011, 10:06 AM
wait what?

does that just mean their not out physically searching?

i hadn't heard this either,i hope its true and not just bad reporting.but this would explain maybe why their not "actively searching" for lisa,do they know what happened or at least have a fair idea and want to "lean" on the person they think is responsible for a confession :waitasec:

cant believe its been one month already,i hope lisa is brought home one way or another before her 1st birthday :( :praying:

Well I tell ya what. It's been a month. LI is either no longer with us, or she is with someone who will lover her and not let her go hours on end without food or diaper changes. So that's one fact that we don't need any source to tell us. She's either alive and well, or dead. Whether she has died at the parent's hand, or was kidnapped and left out in the cold, a month is a month and she would no longer be alive.

I say, LE, FBI, wealthy benefactor etc. should say, since the parents refuse to cooperate, they are no longer searching for LI or following tips until the parents want to cooperate and talk due to the face that LI is not alive in the woods waiting to be found and as far as a kidnapping, LE etc. should say, then so be it. Maybe the kid is with someone who isn't a drunk and deserves a precious baby. This may sound harsh, but my opinion is....let the lawyers that are giving such great advice, lining up teams and doing their own search. Maybe the parents with cooperate then.

This is so familiar to the Cummings case EXCEPT, RC was out every single day actively searching for Hayleigh and never turned down talking to LE, FBI or media. I have a feeling baby Lisa will never be found. I hope the parents are happy when there is nobody left that will help them. They are pathetic and I hope the two boys are removed from their home. Just the fact of not cooperating with LE, in my mind, makes them HORRIBLE parents.

Sorry, I know supposed to be little discussion in this thread by i'm just really pizzzzed now. We've invested hundreds of hours of our time into this case, while DB and JI have invested a few hours the day after the kidnapping.

God Bless you Baby Lisa. Hope you are being taken care of now.

Abby Normal
11-04-2011, 10:08 AM
if they are coming out with "2 new figures today" why tweet about it instead of just, you know, coming out with it? *sigh*

darnudes
11-04-2011, 10:10 AM
He also found a bedroom window that had been tampered with in the front of the house. :waitasec:

Read more: http://www.nbcactionnews.com/dpp/news/region_missouri/northland/A-month-later-still-no-sign-of-Lisa-irwin#ixzz1ckDf2G5zI

Don't know how he managed that, all the bedrooms are at the back of the house.

luckyme
11-04-2011, 10:13 AM
if they are coming out with "2 new figures today" why tweet about it instead of just, you know, coming out with it? *sigh*

Jim is confirming the story! i suspect he knows that he can confirm it. I really like him as a reporter. moo

justbeachy
11-04-2011, 10:16 AM

Doncha know? In this case, up is down, left is right, back is front...and (just to keep us on our toes) they threw in a magical, disappearing kitty.

curiousc
11-04-2011, 10:18 AM

Huh? Another window tampered with? Seriously?

This is all just so bizarre. I sadly think that all these new tidbits and timelines are coming from the lawyers and family to confuse the public.

Mountain_Kat
11-04-2011, 10:19 AM

@
8 hours ago

BBM

Actually, you didn't. ;)

laurafairlie
11-04-2011, 10:19 AM
Well I tell ya what. It's been a month. LI is either no longer with us, or she is with someone who will lover her and not let her go hours on end without food or diaper changes. So that's one fact that we don't need any source to tell us. She's either alive and well, or dead. Whether she has died at the parent's hand, or was kidnapped and left out in the cold, a month is a month and she would no longer be alive.

I say, LE, FBI, wealthy benefactor etc. should say, since the parents refuse to cooperate, they are no longer searching for LI or following tips until the parents want to cooperate and talk due to the face that LI is not alive in the woods waiting to be found and as far as a kidnapping, LE etc. should say, then so be it. Maybe the kid is with someone who isn't a drunk and deserves a precious baby. This may sound harsh, but my opinion is....let the lawyers that are giving such great advice, lining up teams and doing their own search. Maybe the parents with cooperate then.

This is so familiar to the Cummings case EXCEPT, RC was out every single day actively searching for Hayleigh and never turned down talking to LE, FBI or media. I have a feeling baby Lisa will never be found. I hope the parents are happy when there is nobody left that will help them. They are pathetic and I hope the two boys are removed from their home. Just the fact of not cooperating with LE, in my mind, makes them HORRIBLE parents.

Sorry, I know supposed to be little discussion in this thread by i'm just really pizzzzed now. We've invested hundreds of hours of our time into this case, while DB and JI have invested a few hours the day after the kidnapping.

Respectfully, there is a third option-- that Lisa is alive, but with someone who may do her harm whether intentionally or unintentionally. I hope that this is not the case, but it is possible.

LE's obligation is to Lisa, not to her parents, so I sincerely hope they would not stop looking for her because of the actions of the parents. She needs to be found wherever she is. Even if she is no longer with us, she needs to be found so that those responsible can be brought to justice.

nursebeeme
11-04-2011, 10:20 AM

This is all just so bizarre. I sadly think that all these new tidbits and timelines are coming from the lawyers and family to confuse the public.

:twocents: I think it was a reporter boo boo... all the bedrooms are in the back of the house...

((fwiw, early on it was reported that the front window was baby Lisa's room vs the computer room)):twocents:

Krisarie
11-04-2011, 10:21 AM

Wondering the same thing, but also thinking he saves this type of info for his live broadcasts rather than tweeting them ahead of time? That way it reaches more people and CNN\HLN have the exclusive?

Abby Normal
11-04-2011, 10:22 AM

IMO- misreporting or assuming the computer room is a converted bedroom. I don't think it's an additional window personally.

luckyme
11-04-2011, 10:25 AM
Wondering the same thing, but also thinking he saves this type of info for his live broadcasts rather than tweeting them ahead of time? That way it reaches more people and CNN\HLN have the exclusive?

Isnt his first report usually with vinnie at 6.00 pm eastern time?

BritsKate
11-04-2011, 10:25 AM
Doncha know? In this case, up is down, left is right, back is front...and (just to keep us on our toes) they threw in a magical, disappearing kitty.

With its own timeline, thread and soon to be cover of People! :great:

luckyme
11-04-2011, 10:27 AM
First day @kcstar hasn't had a #babylisa banner on their website.
14 minutes ago

twall
11-04-2011, 10:28 AM
I have been impressed with Mr. Spellman's reporting. He corrected himself when he mis-reported Jersey was mugging for the camera at his hearing. He admitted he was wrong unlike some other person *coughNGcough* who won't. In my book that is a stellar person!
I hope he can "nail things down" today for his report and reveal names.

His tweet from Nov. 1:
BTW on air i said Jersey was mugging for cameras, i misinterpreted my producers run down, my fault completely, he avoided camera

Krisarie
11-04-2011, 10:31 AM
Isnt his first report usually with vinnie at 6.00 pm eastern time?

I believe around 4 EST with Vinnie. He expected to go on then yesterday, but got bumped because of the Murray coverage.

Which means I better get the grocery shopping done and home early ;)

dog.gone.cute
11-04-2011, 10:32 AM

@
8 hours ago

:eek::eek: 2 new figures ? omg ... wth is going on ?

MOO ...

In da Middle
11-04-2011, 10:34 AM

No, I think this is just more bad reporting. It says front of the house and some reporter assumed it was the bedroom IMO.

curiousc
11-04-2011, 10:36 AM
:eek::eek: 2 new figures ? omg ... wth is going on ?

MOO ...

Last night he tweeted one new character and new developments in the case for today. Now there's two new characters?

Is one of them the guy that biker had picked out of the photo lineup?

This case just gets more bizarre each day.

twall

I believe the article is wrong, some media does sloppy reporting, IMO this is one of them.

kantoo

Makes me think that it will be some people that DB/JI's "team" is going to trot out.

Rallihanna
What does that mean "its a game."

SyraKelly
11-04-2011, 10:37 AM
I wish we knew what time this info was coming out!!

Marah
11-04-2011, 10:39 AM

Has there ever been a case before where mom and dad never actively was out searching? I have never seen them out helping, looking. Maybe parents don't do that?

norest4thewicked
11-04-2011, 10:39 AM

Isn't the computer room in the front of the house? I'm sure that's the one and only window we've ever heard of.

JeannaT
11-04-2011, 10:41 AM
I wonder if one of the two new figures is the person who answered MW's phone.

neese
11-04-2011, 10:43 AM
Respectfully, there is a third option-- that Lisa is alive, but with someone who may do her harm whether intentionally or unintentionally. I hope that this is not the case, but it is possible.

LE's obligation is to Lisa, not to her parents, so I sincerely hope they would not stop looking for her because of the actions of the parents. She needs to be found wherever she is. Even if she is no longer with us, she needs to be found so that those responsible can be brought to justice.

Yes, I totally agree with you. Whether dead or alive she needs to be found and the rightful person should be tried. What I was meaning to say was if LE, FBI etc. threatened that they were going to stop the search, then maybe the parents would decide they had better cooperate. I was just so mad when I was typing it that I couldn't get my point across in a very good manner.

luckyme
11-04-2011, 10:44 AM
I wish we knew what time this info was coming out!!

If vinnie covers it and not whole time on conrad trial around 4.00 est. any HLN shows this evening. moo

JeannaT
11-04-2011, 10:44 AM
What does that mean "its a game."

I think he was feeling the word "character" sounds like this is a mystery game, or a mystery movie. I like "figure" better. I'm also a little uncomfortable with the term "player" that is often used -

Rallihanna
11-04-2011, 10:45 AM
Seriously... This is getting out of hand. They're not trying to locate their daughter, they're trying to distract people. JMO

twall

Sorry, should have been more clear but that is my point, I was pointing out the mis-information in the article hence the scratching head smilie.

katshep

It's called a "tease."

BritsKate
11-04-2011, 10:46 AM
Yes, I totally agree with you. Whether dead or alive she needs to be found and the rightful person should be tried. What I was meaning to say was if LE, FBI etc. threatened that they were going to stop the search, then maybe the parents would decide they had better cooperate. I was just so mad when I was typing it that I couldn't get my point across in a very good manner.

But if the parents are guilty and aren't cooperating so Lisa's remains can't be located wouldn't LE stopping searching actually aid the parents? They'll spin it as though LE can't be bothered and the Bradley/Irwin clan were right about big, bad LE having tunnel vision the whole time.

JMO

curiousc
11-04-2011, 10:46 AM
If vinnie covers it and not whole time on conrad trial around 4.00 est. any HLN shows this evening. moo

If the jury comes to a decision on Conrad before then, Vinnie and other HLN shows will probably be covering that instead.

jadejazzkayla
11-04-2011, 10:47 AM
Has there ever been a case before where mom and dad never actively was out searching? I have never seen them out helping, looking. Maybe parents don't do that?

yes. kyron horman's parents did not actively go out to search for their child.

kantoo
11-04-2011, 10:47 AM

LE generally does not want parents out searching.

But parents generally do other things, like pass out/hang up flyers, meet with media; if there are volunteer searches, they usually help at the main command center, hand out water, thank volunteers.

One case that immediately comes to mind is Hailey Dunn. Her mother mostly just sat at home on her couch. Her favorite topic with the media was how her boyfriend was innocent and LE was screwing everything up, IMO

Kamille
11-04-2011, 10:48 AM
IMO- misreporting or assuming the computer room is a converted bedroom. I don't think it's an additional window personally.

Well the house is listed as a four bedroom home. I would imagine that computer room is actually considered a master bedroom because of it's size. But that's not what the family is using it for.

MOO

BritsKate
11-04-2011, 10:51 AM

Usually families are discouraged from conducting physical searches. We often see families at press conferences, media interviews, fund raisers, vigils, distributing flyers, etc.

There was a case here not so long back where a brother discovered his sister's remains after 'public searches' had long ceased. Heartbreaking.

The big difference in this case as opposed to other MP cases is that the family usually cooperates with LE, no holds barred. Families of MPs also tend to seek out all avenues of media available relentlessly. Most families would be thrilled for just a minute of national coverage to spotlight their missing loved one. Sadly very few receive that kind of media attention.

neese
11-04-2011, 10:52 AM

To my knowledge, I remember several of the missing children cases that did show parents and family out actively searching through woods and everywhere. I know I certainly would be. Nobody could stop me from searching from sun up to sun down. JMO.

Melanie
11-04-2011, 10:53 AM

LE ususally do not want parents out searching for fear of what might be found. Brenda/Damon Van Dam never participated in searches, nor did Billy Jean Dunn. Ol' Scott Peterson (for what it's worth) never ventured out past the command center.

IMHO parents are discouraged from getting out in the trenches.

MOO

Mel

dog.gone.cute
11-04-2011, 10:54 AM

BBM: The jury is now deliberating in the CM Trial, and if they come back with a verdict today, HLN will be covering the verdict.

MOO ...

JeannaT
11-04-2011, 10:54 AM
To my knowledge, I remember several of the missing children cases that did show parents and family out actively searching through woods and everywhere. I know I certainly would be. Nobody could stop me from searching from sun up to sun down. JMO.

In cases where the child has wandered off, it seems they are always out there searching. A parent calling to a child is the best way to locate that child.

When you have a case of a kidnapping, you're not calling out to a live child who may be hunkered down in fear behind some brush.

In cases of a kidnapping - where searchers are looking for remains in the search - it seems more typical that parents don't actively search.

nursebeeme
11-04-2011, 10:56 AM
I think he was feeling the word "character" sounds like this is a mystery game, or a mystery movie. I like "figure" better. I'm also a little uncomfortable with the term "player" that is often used -

if you read his twitter thread (link upstream) he corrected himself and said sorry to the person he was having the exchange with...

for the poster that asked what "game" meant.. you really need to click on the person's name he was responding to so you can see their entire exchange... that way you will have the context of the conversation

luckyme
11-04-2011, 10:56 AM
BBM: The jury is now deliberating in the CM Trial, and if they come back with a verdict today, HLN will be covering the verdict.

MOO ...

yep on every show too

peeples
11-04-2011, 10:57 AM

Hailey Dunn's mother and her boyfriend sat on their couches and never looked.
Aliayah Lunsford's family hasn't searched either...

neese
11-04-2011, 10:57 AM
But if the parents are guilty and aren't cooperating so Lisa's remains can't be located wouldn't LE stopping searching actually aid the parents? They'll spin it as though LE can't be bothered and the Bradley/Irwin clan were right about big, bad LE having tunnel vision the whole time.

JMO

Very true. I didn't think of that. I was still going with the, "hopefully the parents were not involved theory" But you are right. They may be delighted if they heard LE was stopping the search. Nice spin. No matter how you slice it, it seems like a lose/lose for poor baby Lisa. :waitasec:

Kamille
11-04-2011, 11:04 AM
And the National Enquirer weighs in...

TWISTED SECRET LIFE OF BABY LISA MOM

Shocking new twist -- the mother of missing BABY LISA Irwin, DEBORAH BRADLEY has been accused of being a cold-hearted temptress who at*tempted to seduce the husband of a former friend.

http://www.nationalenquirer.com/celebrity/twisted-secret-life-baby-lisa-mom-deborah-bradley

captivagrl
11-04-2011, 11:06 AM
Wonder if the parents will announce through their "team" that they will be resting again this weekend?

hollyblue
11-04-2011, 11:10 AM
Maybe the no searching just means no local physical searches because everything they have so far continually leads back to "just within the home". Personally, I can't see someone (stranger) coming in thru a front window traipsing around an unknown house to steal a baby and cell phones...with the light on no less.

There's still much to learn about the parents,......imo.

Kamille
11-04-2011, 11:11 AM
Usually families are discouraged from conducting physical searches. We often see families at press conferences, media interviews, fund raisers, vigils, distributing flyers, etc.

There was a case here not so long back where a brother discovered his sister's remains after 'public searches' had long ceased. Heartbreaking.

The big difference in this case as opposed to other MP cases is that the family usually cooperates with LE, no holds barred. Families of MPs also tend to seek out all avenues of media available relentlessly. Most families would be thrilled for just a minute of national coverage to spotlight their missing loved one. Sadly very few receive that kind of media attention.

There are or at least were vigils being held nightly at the home. Neighbours have been out there and according to Action News, they were planning their own search recently...

http://www.nbcactionnews.com/generic/news/Lisa-Irwin-AMBER-Alert

Lots of videos on this link...if it doesn't come up there is one titled Neighbors plan search for Lisa

I wonder if they did go out and search. Haven't seen anything in the media about it. But the one woman does indicated how frustrated they are at the parent's lack of interest.

MOO

Cazzie
11-04-2011, 11:12 AM
But unlike DB and JI, Kyron's parents (Kaine and Desiree) did everything else that one would expect parents to do: cooperated with LE, were cleared, distributed flyers, held fundraisers, spoke to the media, etc.. They (especially Desiree) are the role models for parents of missing children, IMO.

illinialum
11-04-2011, 11:19 AM
I don't take the National Enquirer seriously ever, but I read the article anyway: http://www.nationalenquirer.com/celebrity/twisted-secret-life-baby-lisa-mom-deborah-bradley.

According to the article, she was married, living at an army base and attempting seduction in 2003. In 2003, she would have been 17. I'm not saying this is impossible, but I doubt she was married that young. Especially since 18 is the legal age for marriage in Missouri (15 with parental consent). JMO.

dog.gone.cute
11-04-2011, 11:22 AM
I don't take the National Enquirer seriously ever, but I read the article anyway: http://www.nationalenquirer.com/celebrity/twisted-secret-life-baby-lisa-mom-deborah-bradley.

According to the article, she was married, living at an army base and attempting seduction in 2003. In 2003, she would have been 17. I'm not saying this is impossible, but I doubt she was married that young. Especially since 18 is the legal age for marriage in Missouri (15 with parental consent). JMO.

BBM: I don't take it seriously either ... BUT ... "where there's smoke, there's fire" ...

However ... :waitasec: the NE article is interesting ... :innocent:

MOO ...

JeannaT
11-04-2011, 11:23 AM
Wonder if the parents will announce through their "team" that they will be resting again this weekend?

Well, but you remember how that "resting" turned out.

There was a shakeup in the attorney team - Joe Tacopina fired Cyndy Short, so they pretended the family was too tired to go on with the PC when in fact, the lawyers were sorting out who was going to remain on the case.

The truth was, the cancellation had nothing to do with the Irwins or their being too tired to further the investigation it was all lawyer stuff that didn't involve them.

nursebeeme
11-04-2011, 11:30 AM
take the discussion of the **enquirer** article here:
2011.10.19 Former Friends Of DB Speak Out - Page 6 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

it is not msm.. rules for discussion of it are at the link.. note... we are not allowing sleuthing of DB or other family members... other than what is in the msm... the NE article is not MSM.. thanks so much

yllek
I just hope Spellman's tweet wasn't about Sara E and Shirely P. I doubt it, but it will be disappointing if they are the 2 new characters to whom he is referring.

Mountain_Kat
"twisted secret life", "ripped the lid off the shocking charges", " cold-hearted temptress", "buxom brunette"....

Man, that's some world class journalism right there. :floorlaugh:

alwaysonmymind
11-04-2011, 11:36 AM
I just hope Spellman's tweet wasn't about Sara E and Shirely P. I doubt it, but it will be disappointing if they are the 2 new characters to whom he is referring.

What, no BOMBSHELL??!! :innocent:

IMO, if it was someone with newsworthy information..... it would be out ASAP.

curiousc
11-04-2011, 11:36 AM
"twisted secret life", "ripped the lid off the shocking charges", " cold-hearted temptress", "buxom brunette"....

Nevermind the fact that it's old news too. It's no bombshell!

blonde_ambition
11-04-2011, 11:37 AM
Don't know if this is the right thread for this or if this has been posted before, but in this video DB says only ONE of the phones wasn't working... at 4:42

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0Lmy0Q5U_k

NancyA
11-04-2011, 11:38 AM

LOL - you don't see the writer getting nominated for a Pullitzer then?

Strangely - me either. :wink:

ETA: sorry Nursey, I posted before I saw your post about taking it to the other thread.

stg
11-04-2011, 11:40 AM

Well, I guess they got three out of the four right. :crazy:

Quiche
11-04-2011, 11:45 AM
[quote=Mountain_Kat;7317902]"twisted secret life", "ripped the lid off the shocking charges", " cold-hearted temptress", "buxom brunette"....

I'll move this...

Just K
11-04-2011, 11:46 AM
LOL - you don't see the writer getting nominated for a Pullitzer then?

Strangely - me either. :wink:

ETA: sorry Nursey, I posted before I saw your post about taking it to the other thread.

I have to say it was better than I expected...I have never bought a tabloid in my life. Being ever curious, I read this article and however sensational the writing...the actual scenario presented sounds credible...:floorlaugh:

Mountain_Kat
11-04-2011, 11:47 AM
Sorry Nursie. :blush:

Amster
11-04-2011, 11:49 AM
Don't know if this is the right thread for this or if this has been posted before, but in this video DB says only ONE of the phones wasn't working... at 4:42

hmmmm....yep, she says ONE of the phones wasn't even working....

yllek
11-04-2011, 11:50 AM

twisted, secret, shocking, cold-hearted, buxom... It's a bevy of tantalizing adjectives. But, hey, it is more interesting than just saying, "A former friend accuses Mrs. Bradley of attempting to seduce the former friend's then-husband nearly a decade ago. She also accuses Mrs. Bradley of behaving badly after she told the other women on the base about what Mrs. Bradley had allegedly done. The end."

JeannaT
11-04-2011, 11:51 AM

MM hm. It sounds like it was true - at least one of the phones WAS working.

jacy
11-04-2011, 11:52 AM

A woman tempts men!
Another woman sells story to NE so that you know of this!
Potato...Potahto...

curiousc
11-04-2011, 11:52 AM

I didn't listen to the video, but could she have meant the cell phone that was broken?

w1df10wr
11-04-2011, 11:53 AM

Here is one of the threads for discussion of missing cell phones -
Missing Cell Phones #2 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Mountain_Kat
11-04-2011, 11:55 AM
:werk:

Dr.Fessel
11-04-2011, 11:59 AM
She said the nature of the investigation hasn't changed, and that police continue to search for the baby. Graves said up to 50 detectives continue to work on the case and that there are no suspects.

http://www.kmbz.com/1-month--1-000-tips--search-continues-for-Baby-Lis/11384574

Donjeta
11-04-2011, 12:00 PM
I didn't listen to the video, but could she have meant the cell phone that was broken?

That's what I always took it to mean, wasn't there something about a phone she had been given to replace a broken one?

Mountain_Kat
11-04-2011, 12:03 PM
She said the nature of the investigation hasn't changed, and that police continue to search for the baby. Graves said up to 50 detectives continue to work on the case and that there are no suspects.

Police spokeswoman Stacey Graves

Is she new? I don't think I've ever heard of her before.

Geralyn
11-04-2011, 12:06 PM
But unlike DB and JI, Kyron's parents (Kaine and Desiree) did everything else that one would expect parents to do: cooperated with LE, were cleared, distributed flyers, held fundraisers, spoke to the media, etc.. They (especially Desiree) are the role models for parents of missing children, IMO.

Right, I agree.
They may not have done foot searches, so to speak, but they have never given up trying to keep the search going and trying to keep their sons image & plight alive in the hearts & minds of the public. JMO
As well, imo, they cooperated with LE in trying to apply pressure to those who may know or have been involved in with their sons fate.

Donjeta
11-04-2011, 12:10 PM

No, she's been there before.

http://www.kansascity.com/2011/10/24/3227353/police-report-no-progress-in-search.html
http://www.theolathenews.com/2011/10/27/1309263/police-search-northland-lake-looking.html

nursebeeme
11-04-2011, 12:19 PM

I think she is referring to the broken phone:twocents:

Melanie
11-04-2011, 12:29 PM
can we link to the ever credible source: National Enquirer? Appearing on newstands today!

http://www.nationalenquirer.com/celebrity/twisted-secret-life-baby-lisa-mom-deborah-bradley

(now ya don't have to buy the rag mag)

Mods - please delete if not appropriate.

matou
11-04-2011, 12:38 PM

Thanks, this is the video where DB says "I didn't think to check around the house, I didn't think to, I don't care about any of that, I still don't"

at 5:20

PoppyH
11-04-2011, 12:41 PM
can we link to the ever credible source: National Enquirer? Appearing on newstands today!

I see they have that posted under Celebrity news, I guess when your child goes missing you become a celebrity, GMAFB!:banghead:

cluciano63
11-04-2011, 12:44 PM
Thanks, this is the video where DB says "I didn't think to check around the house, I didn't think to, I don't care about any of that, I still don't"

Didn't want to look out in the backyard either...IIRC...

nursebeeme
11-04-2011, 12:45 PM

Mel, there is already a thread on it (it is on the friends speak out thread)

there are rules for it's discussion posted there..

Melanie
11-04-2011, 12:47 PM
Mel, there is already a thread on it (it is on the friends speak out thread)

there are rules for it's discussion posted there..

ahhh...thanks. So many threads on this case that I don't get to them all ;)

Mel

Mountain_Kat
11-04-2011, 12:48 PM
Didn't want to look out in the backyard either...IIRC...

So, did she search the house at all? Surely she must have (or at least said she did). So what makes searching the backyard so much more terrifying than searching the house? Lisa could have been anywhere, right? How did she know she wouldn't find something awful while looking in the house, as opposed to the backyard?

Absurd, imo.

neese
11-04-2011, 12:58 PM
The main thing I notice in that video we are currently talking about, DB does not ever talk of LI in past tense. And she's babbling and crying all over herself but still talked in present tense about the baby. I'm sure this has been mentioned time and time again...but watching this again...still leans me toward, if that baby is dead, she does not know it. However, if she arranged a kidnapping then she would know the baby is fine and would speak in present tense. I think I said what I think I meant to say in this post. :twocents::banghead:

Amster
11-04-2011, 12:59 PM
I "think" a reporter asked if anything besides Lisa and the phones were missing.....DB said she didn't know....didn't care....hadn't checked to see.

neese
11-04-2011, 01:00 PM
So, did she search the house at all? Surely she must have (or at least said she did). So what makes searching the backyard so much more terrifying than searching the house? Lisa could have been anywhere, right? How did she know she wouldn't find something awful while looking in the house, as opposed to the backyard?

Absurd, imo.

I believe she meant, they didn't really search the house much to see if anything else was missing. She said "we don't care" and "we still don't care"...meaning, they could care less if someone looted the entire house, they only care about the missing baby. If I'm wrong, someone correct me please and thank you.

neese
11-04-2011, 01:02 PM
I "think" a reporter asked if anything besides Lisa and the phones were missing.....DB said she didn't know....didn't care....hadn't checked to see.

Oops, we were posting basically the same thing at the same time, haha. :rocker:

not_my_kids
11-04-2011, 01:07 PM
I transcribed that interview, and when seen or read in context, she is basically saying that they didn't look to see if there was anything else missing, because they didn't care about any of the material things that might have been missing after they found that Lisa was gone.

Dr.Fessel
11-04-2011, 01:13 PM
MK on Fox news just reported the new lawyer for the family was contacted and he said there will be no statement made until the end of next week.

not_my_kids
11-04-2011, 01:15 PM
"The typical infant abductor is a woman who lost a child and is emotionally disturbed," he says.

Allen tells Crimesider that he believes the intense media focus on the little girl's parents may be detrimental to the investigation.
"You have to look at the parents," he says. "The problem is that when people in the community think the parents did it, they stop paying attention. But somebody out there knows something. Somebody has seen something."

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57318466-504083/expert-there-is-still-hope-for-missing-baby-lisa-irwin/

Prentiss
11-04-2011, 01:20 PM
MK on Fox news just reported the new lawyer for the family was contacted and he said there will be no statement made until the end of next week.

Are they serious! Unbelievable!

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Mountain_Kat
11-04-2011, 01:22 PM
I believe she meant, they didn't really search the house much to see if anything else was missing. She said "we don't care" and "we still don't care"...meaning, they could care less if someone looted the entire house, they only care about the missing baby. If I'm wrong, someone correct me please and thank you.

I was referring to her comment about being afraid to look for Lisa in the backyard because she was afraid of what she might find there. :)

(That comment is from the search warrant.)

dog.gone.cute
11-04-2011, 01:23 PM
:waitasec: Not sure if this can be posted ... but I found this ... :innocent: I figured since N/E is allowed, maybe this one :

snipped from : http://global.christianpost.com/news/baby-lisa-irwin-missing-were-drugs-involved-60482/

Velez-Mitchell had Megan Wright on her show Wednesday. Wright received a 50-second call from one of Bradley's mobile phones ...

Wright is the ex-girlfriend of John Tanko, who has also been question by authorities. She revealed Tanko was involved in drugs

Hmmm ...

MOO ...

dog.gone.cute
11-04-2011, 01:26 PM

The only thing I would like to hear from this "new lawyer" is that DB AND JI are FULLY COOPERATING with LE !

Other than that .... he can keep "quiet" ...

MOO ...

Sparklin
11-04-2011, 01:31 PM
@
8 hours ago

I would bet that he is trying to get the 'benefactor' of the reward to speak with him. At one point in the evening it was just 1 new person, but after some info on his twitter account from someone else, I think he will be attempting to contact the benefactor too.

Amster
11-04-2011, 01:34 PM
News of Fox! MK says LE no longer searching!! DRAMA....ooops...wait....they are still investigating, just have no specific place to search. Mark F. says that means LE believe Lisa is deceased. Ya think?? Decomp hit on MB floor area pretty much tells the story.

aks9847
11-04-2011, 01:40 PM
P.s. I've really liked Jim Spellman's coverage from the start. When he tweeted that Jersey was hamming it up for the cameras (and then we only saw the back of Jersey's head and he covered his profile with his hand), I thought it was sensationalistic and hoped Spellman wasn't going into that realm. The "characters" label doesn't bother me though. He can't call them "POIs" or "suspects". He can't just say "people" because it doesn't really imply they are tied to the existing story we've been told. Stay with us Jim; we need the objectivity and unbiased digging...

Respectfully, snipped and bolded by moi: After Jim goofed on his reporting about Jersey "mugging", he did post this tweet to set the record straight:

#babylisa BTW on air i said Jersey was mugging for cameras, i misinterpreted my producers run down, my fault completely, he avoided camera
https://twitter.com/#!/jimspellmancnn

ETA: This was already pointed out by someone! ;) I'm so far behind! I really need to quit my day job! :floorlaugh:

natsound
11-04-2011, 01:41 PM
The only thing I would like to hear from this "new lawyer" is that DB AND JI are FULLY COOPERATING wtih LE !

Other than that .... he can keep "quiet" ...

MOO ...

Yep. Fluff news now or fluff news later.. doesn't matter to me.

Donjeta
11-04-2011, 01:42 PM

No hurry, please find Lisa but the end of next week is fine.

rosepetal1065
11-04-2011, 01:43 PM
Fox news story re: Baby Lisa, what calling off the search means from LE. Coming up.

Sparklin
11-04-2011, 01:50 PM

bbm: Can anyone tell me approx. how long it takes to run tests on all the things taken from the B/I home? Seems to me IF there was a second 'hit' by the dogs, and testing done on all the things they took out (which should have been a priority) that they would have something against the parents by now ~ "no suspects" leads me to believe that there was nothing worth noting on this search. Not to mention if there had been anything conclusive, the parents would not have to come in voluntarily for questioning, but would be picked up for questioning...jmo

linda505
11-04-2011, 01:54 PM
Fox news story re: Baby Lisa, what calling off the search means from LE. Coming up.

Has LE said that they have "called off" the search? This is why MSM and especially Fox drives me crazy. No matter what LE thinks happened they are not going to "call off" searching. If they think Lisa is dead - then they need to find her body. I think what LE meant is that they currently don't have an active search area - but MSM will run with that it has been "called off" then all the talking heads will give their thoughts on what that means and then we will have a whole new bunch of rumors.

illinialum
11-04-2011, 01:56 PM
According to KC Police Twitter: (twitter.com/kcpolice)

Kansas City Police
kcpolice Kansas City Police
Police are still actively searching for #LisaIrwin. We've gotten 1205 tips & have cleared 959.

Sparklin
11-04-2011, 01:58 PM

That response was to a question about anything else being missing in the house besides the phone.

aks9847
11-04-2011, 02:02 PM
Just got this from KCPD Twitter feed!!! :great:

Police are still actively searching for #LisaIrwin. We've gotten 1205 tips & have cleared 959.
https://twitter.com/#!/kcpolice

Sparklin
11-04-2011, 02:08 PM
:waitasec: Not sure if this can be posted ... but I found this ... :innocent: I figured since N/E is allowed, maybe this one :

snipped from : http://global.christianpost.com/news/baby-lisa-irwin-missing-were-drugs-involved-60482/

Velez-Mitchell had Megan Wright on her show Wednesday. Wright received a 50-second call from one of Bradley's mobile phones ...

Wright is the ex-girlfriend of John Tanko, who has also been question by authorities. She revealed Tanko was involved in drugs

Hmmm ...

MOO ...

Lisa went missing on Oct. 4 and her mother admitted to falling asleep drunk that night. Lisa's father, Jeremy Irwin, worked an unusual night shift, did not return home until around 4 a.m., and noticed his daughter was not in her crib. Wright then called the authorities

UGH...how hard is it to get the names right!!!!

aks9847
11-04-2011, 02:14 PM

She's not new. She's not used as often as SY when speaking in front of media.

She was actually thrust in front of the crowd of reporters the morning Lisa's disappearance was reported. I remember feeling kind of sorry for her because she seemed to have ZERO answers for all of their questions.

If only one month ago we could have known what a mess this would turn out to be.....:(

natsound
11-04-2011, 02:14 PM
bbm: Can anyone tell me approx. how long it takes to run tests on all the things taken from the B/I home? Seems to me IF there was a second 'hit' by the dogs, and testing done on all the things they took out (which should have been a priority) that they would have something against the parents by now ~ "no suspects" leads me to believe that there was nothing worth noting on this search. Not to mention if there had been anything conclusive, the parents would not have to come in voluntarily for questioning, but would be picked up for questioning...jmo

I'm sure they have something against a parent/both parents by now. They were collecting interviews to give to a grand jury. I'm sure the phone records are in their evidence as well, and who knows what else. I know the grand jury convened.. are they still meeting at this stage??

belladonna
11-04-2011, 02:16 PM
I'm sure they have something against a parent/both parents by now. They were collecting interviews to give to a grand jury. I'm sure the phone records are in their evidence as well, and who knows what else. I know the grand jury convened.. are they still meeting at this stage??

When did the Grand Jury convene?

natsound
11-04-2011, 02:18 PM
Just got this from KCPD Twitter feed!!! :great:

https://twitter.com/#!/kcpolice

How did the media screw that up so badly? Did one PIO tell them one thing, another PIO something different?

nursebeeme
11-04-2011, 02:21 PM
How did the media screw that up so badly? Did one PIO tell them one thing, another PIO something different?

I think the media screwed up the wording... :twocents: I think they meant there were no current active searches.. meaning people out at a search site. :twocents:

natsound
11-04-2011, 02:22 PM

Here ya go:

http://www.kansascity.com/2011/10/10/3199501/clay-county-grand-jury-subpoenas.html

PoppyH
11-04-2011, 02:25 PM

Sometimes I think the media just wants to get everyones panties in a bunch JMO, I prefer to hear things from LE, and right now they are not saying much of anything at all, most what they have said has pointed back at Lisas mom,according to what DB herself has stated in her interviews, I just hope Lisa is safe somewheres

belladonna
11-04-2011, 02:29 PM
Here ya go:

http://www.kansascity.com/2011/10/10/3199501/clay-county-grand-jury-subpoenas.html

Oh so that was a week after she went missing?...Wonder what is taking so long?

linda505
11-04-2011, 02:38 PM
Here ya go:

Hopefully one of our legal eagles will come in and comment on this but my understanding is that a grand jury meets periodically through the year and things are brought before them - they are not specific to a case. In this case I think LE wanted the raw footage from the news and asked the "sitting" grand jury to supeona the footage. I don't think this grand jury was specifically meeting on this case.

belladonna
11-04-2011, 02:40 PM
Hopefully one of our legal eagles will come in and comment on this but my understanding is that a grand jury meets periodically through the year and things are brought before them - they are not specific to a case. In this case I think LE wanted the raw footage from the news and asked the "sitting" grand jury to supeona the footage. I don't think this grand jury was specifically meeting on this case.

Thanks...that makes sense...guess LE doesn't have enough to get a GJ yet?

DeAnn
11-04-2011, 02:44 PM

Good question since all information had been that the grand jury had been postponed.

KCPD is correcting erroneous media reports. They ARE still looking for baby Lisa. Actively. Period. Full stop.

http://www.kctv5.com/story/15962122/police-maintain-still-actively-searching-for-missing-baby

cluciano63
11-04-2011, 02:57 PM

I believe the media who printed the other version totally took LE out of context-perhaps the question was "Are searches going on right now?" for example...to get the best, most sensational headline...just more BS...

cluciano63
11-04-2011, 02:59 PM
I hope the parents are feeling very special and important, controlling the investigation of this poor baby's case via their lawyers...and most importantly, of course, taking charge of their rights...:(

natsound
11-04-2011, 03:01 PM

That does make sense. A lawyer I am not. :innocent:

vlpate
11-04-2011, 03:02 PM
I think the media screwed up the wording... :twocents: I think they meant there were no current active searches.. meaning people out at a search site. :twocents:

I don't think they screwed up the wording, I think "search" and "investigate" are two different things. They were still investigating, just not (as you stated), "actively" searching.

I'm sure Tim Miller is available...just sayin'.

josie1986
11-04-2011, 03:02 PM

Whatttt?? i hope this info has come from LE and it means that they know where she is

aks9847
11-04-2011, 03:05 PM

Stacey Graves w/ KCPD just posted this comment (via her FB) to the KMBC live updates page:

Stacey Graves
Contrary to a recent blog post, KCPD is still actively searching for Lisa Irwin. Although we have not conducted a field search in a few days, we are still following up on tips and leads and actively investigating her disappearance.
http://livewire.kmbc.com/Event/Live_Blog_Amber_Alert_Issued_For_Missing_10-Month-Old

AZlawyer
11-04-2011, 03:09 PM

Some grand juries are convened for a specific case--but in this case I agree it is more likely that a sitting grand jury was used to assist in the investigation, rather than to obtain an indictment against any particular defendant. I say this only because the grand jury was mentioned so early in the case and LE still appears to be at a loss for any evidence that would justify arresting anyone.

dog.gone.cute
11-04-2011, 03:11 PM
Stacey Graves w/ KCPD just posted this comment (via her FB) to the KMBC live updates page:

Stacey Graves
Contrary to a recent blog post, KCPD is still actively searching for Lisa Irwin. Although we have not conducted a field search in a few days, we are still following up on tips and leads and actively investigating her disappearance.
http://livewire.kmbc.com/Event/Live_Blog_Amber_Alert_Issued_For_Missing_10-Month-Old

AMEN !

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

epiphany
11-04-2011, 03:15 PM

Stacey Graves

And:

The Kansas City Police Department is still actively searching for missing baby Lisa Irwin, authorities said Friday.

Police confirmed that their search is still active. This follows a media report that the police had called off active searches for the baby.

http://www.kctv5.com/story/15962122/police-maintain-still-actively-searching-for-missing-baby

Dr.Fessel
11-04-2011, 03:23 PM
And:

The Kansas City Police Department is still actively searching for missing baby Lisa Irwin, authorities said Friday.

Police confirmed that their search is still active. This follows a media report that the police had called off active searches for the baby.

Well now that LE has cleared that up the family can come out and tell how they are hunting for Lisa. Oh, that won't be until the end of next week.:furious:

Dr.Fessel
11-04-2011, 03:25 PM
I am really starting to think when Deb and her sister in-law said they expect Deb to be arrested they really believed it and they know there is some serious evidence against Deb.

chieftess
11-04-2011, 03:25 PM
From the Clay County MO website
http://www.circuit7.net/jury/

Q: How long is the term of service?

A: GRAND JURY - Grand Jury is for the Term of Court. The Terms of Court are March, June, and November.

I think the grand jury serves an entire term, not just a specific case. But, I could be wrong :)

dog.gone.cute
11-04-2011, 03:35 PM
Have there been any more "tweets" from Jim Spellman at HLN ?

Sorry to be O/T ... but I just checked HLN and they are covering the CM Trial -- the Jury has been out 4 hours now so HLN is in "Verdict Watch" ... :waitasec: how much more can they discuss about that case -- it's in the hands of the jury.

I am "guessing" IF there is no verdict today, maybe Mr Spellman will be on to give us those little tidbits of info !

Oh -- can anyone here TWEET Spellman ! TY !

MOO ...

belladonna
11-04-2011, 03:47 PM
I am really starting to think when Deb and her sister in-law said they expect Deb to be arrested they really believed it and they know there is some serious evidence against Deb.

I tend to think you are right...if someone is innocent they don't make statements like that do they?

SyraKelly
11-04-2011, 03:48 PM
I don't like the weekends when it comes to this case..it is always quite and no new information ever comes out!!

Michelle129th
11-04-2011, 03:54 PM
I tend to think you are right...if someone is innocent they don't make statements like that do they?

Was that exactly how the statement was made though? Or was it media rewording it to be more sensational? It was also something said by a family member and not Deborah Bradley herself, so we can't even say for sure it came from her mouth.

Michelle

RT51
11-04-2011, 03:56 PM
I just wish the circus music I continue to hear would go away.

dog.gone.cute
11-04-2011, 04:02 PM
Was that exactly how the statement was made though? Or was it media rewording it to be more sensational? It was also something said by a family member and not Deborah Bradley herself, so we can't even say for sure it came from her mouth.

Michelle

:welcome5:

The statement was made by Ashley I -- Jeremy's sister -- when she was acting as the "spokesperson" for the family.

And Welcome ...

SyraKelly
11-04-2011, 04:04 PM
is Vinnie on yet?

Dr.Fessel
11-04-2011, 04:06 PM
I tend to think you are right...if someone is innocent they don't make statements like that do they? They know you are not arrested without out good evidence. They are not stupid.

Dr.Fessel
11-04-2011, 04:08 PM
:welcome5:

The statement was made by Ashley I -- Jeremy's sister -- when she was acting as the "spokesperson" for the family.

And Welcome ... Deb and Ashley both said they expected Deb to be arrested. They both said it on video.

lauriej
11-04-2011, 04:17 PM
Have there been any more "tweets" from Jim Spellman at HLN ?

Sorry to be O/T ... but I just checked HLN and they are covering the CM Trial -- the Jury has been out 4 hours now so HLN is in "Verdict Watch" ... :waitasec: how much more can they discuss about that case -- it's in the hands of the jury.

I am "guessing" IF there is no verdict today, maybe Mr Spellman will be on to give us those little tidbits of info !

Oh -- can anyone here TWEET Spellman ! TY !

MOO ...

..you can read all of his tweets here ( without having a twitter a/c )-- he doesn't mention being on HLN today.

--twitter---jim spellman CNN--

dog.gone.cute
11-04-2011, 04:21 PM
Deb and Ashley both said they expected Deb to be arrested. They both said it on video.

Oh, TY ! I remember Ashley saying it but I just don't remember DB saying it ...

:waitasec:

dog.gone.cute
11-04-2011, 04:27 PM
..you can read all of his tweets here ( without having a twitter a/c )-- he doesn't mention being on HLN today.

--twitter---jim spellman CNN--

Oh, TY ! I was really hoping Jim would be on tonight ... I think he has done a good job covering this case -- considering what he has had to work with.

Vinnie Politan on HLN right now ... covering the CM Trial ...

:waitasec: I think HLN "thinks" there will be a verdict today -- it's "Friday".

:waitasec: While they are waiting on a verdict, ya think they could give some updates ?

MOO ...

Eileen730
11-04-2011, 04:33 PM
Question!

When Jeremy came home did he go right into debs bedroom?

Sparklin
11-04-2011, 04:36 PM
Deb and Ashley both said they expected Deb to be arrested. They both said it on video.

When asked, Deb said: "they'd be wrong"

Michelle129th
11-04-2011, 04:38 PM

I also didn't remember having seen a video with DB saying it either, just the Ashley interview. I do remember DB saying on a few occasions she expected them to point the finger at her and/or blame her, but not specifically that she expected to be arrested.

I guess the AI interview is all down to interpretation because when I read the transcript I get an entirely different feeling than how the headlines report it.

Michelle

And thank you for the welcome dog.gone.cute :)

Sparklin
11-04-2011, 04:40 PM
@
@SkirtsnDaggers i don't know, but everytime i trck down a new witness the police had been there weeks before so i know thy r working it hard
At least we know that the info we are getting in the media isn't new to LE as some people seem to assume.

Elley Mae
11-04-2011, 04:49 PM
I also didn't remember having seen a video with DB saying it either, just the Ashley interview. I do remember DB saying on a few occasions she expected them to point the finger at her and/or blame her, but not specifically that she expected to be arrested.

I guess the AI interview is all down to interpretation because when I read the transcript I get an entirely different feeling than how the headlines report it.

Michelle

And thank you for the welcome dog.gone.cute :)

Mom of missing baby Lisa Irwin claims she was drunk when infant vanished - YouTube

1:25 spellman says that "she" also says in that interview that she expects to be arrested.

matou
11-04-2011, 04:53 PM
When are we going to find out about the two new people or characters or ?? of this case? Is it tonight on HLN? TIA

Cazzie
11-04-2011, 05:05 PM
Question!

When Jeremy came home did he go right into debs bedroom?
That depends on which version of the timeline. :angel:

Sparklin
11-04-2011, 05:16 PM
Mom of missing baby Lisa Irwin claims she was drunk when infant vanished - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvGnGZsO0aM)

1:25 spellman says that "she" also says in that interview that she expects to be arrested.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/44927779/ns/today-today_people/t/baby-lisas-mom-i-was-drunk-when-she-vanished/#.TrRTr_QUqso

"that's kind of the fear that I have"

Michelle129th
11-04-2011, 05:19 PM
Yes you're right thanks for the link. The interview I watched didn't have Jim Spellman's commentary at the end. Why would they cut that fairly sensational statement out of the interview and then just have the reporter add it at the end? I still wonder if it's media rewording/twisting going on

Forgive me if the link of the mom actually saying it on video is floating around here. I've been trying to follow the case on here for the past 2 weeks and it's quite busy with all the different threads. I'm working my way through them all to avoid asking already asked questions

Michelle

Eileen730
11-04-2011, 05:31 PM
That depends on which version of the timeline. :angel:

True that lol!

But....I thought i read he came home and found the door unlocked lights on.

He said he checked on the boys... not lisa went in to debs room..

If thats fact i think what really happened was he came home to find the door unlocked and lights on,,, he goes in to debs room and sees the baby dead and Deb drunk and passed out...He runs to check on the boys... does not go to lisa room... gets deb up and moving and they then decide to cover this up..

JMO but food for thought

I really think she maybe rolled over on the baby in her sleep...

norest4thewicked
11-04-2011, 05:39 PM
I'm also waiting for the 2 new people added to this case today.

DeAnn
11-04-2011, 05:39 PM
True that lol!

If thats fact i think what really happened was he came home to find the door unlocked and lights on,,, he goes in to debs room and sees the baby dead and Deb drunk and passed out...He runs to check on the boys... does not go to lisa room... gets deb up and moving and they then decide to cover this up..

JMO but food for thought

Jeremy would literally have 15-20 minutes, 30 minutes tops to cover it up. Can he do such an elaborate coverup that leaves seemingly little evidence during such a brief period of time?

The cops apparently think no, which is why they didn't hone in on him or expect him to take a polygraph in those first days. They believed that he was genuinely traumatized at 4 a.m. and that it was unlikely he could have come home, found her, covered it up and managed to call the cops and sound believeable in 30 minutes or less.

In da Middle
11-04-2011, 05:43 PM
True that lol!

JMO but food for thought

When would he have time to do this??? He is said by LE that he is on tape until 3:30 AT WORK. That does not leave enough time to do all that is needed to be done in that amount of time before calling 911.:waitasec:

Eileen730
11-04-2011, 05:44 PM
Jeremy would literally have 15-20 minutes, 30 minutes tops to cover it up. Can he do such an elaborate coverup that leaves seemingly little evidence during such a brief period of time?

The cops apparently think no, which is why they didn't hone in on him or expect him to take a polygraph in those first days. They believed that he was genuinely traumatized at 4 a.m. and that it was unlikely he could have come home, found her, covered it up and managed to call the cops and sound believeable in 30 minutes or less.

OH ok!

Thanks i didnt think of that..

Aedrys
11-04-2011, 05:44 PM

Is there a link saying that cops don't think he could have done it in thirty minutes? I only ask because you'd be amazed how fast things can be covered up. If Lisa wasn't breathing, and there weren't any or very little bodily fluids, he could have easily picked her up, maybe wrapped her in something, and disposed of her somewhere close that the police haven't found yet, then came back and called the police. Heck, maybe covering it up is what traumatized him the most. I heard the river isn't far from their house. I'm just saying that it's not impossible that he covered this up.

Eileen730
11-04-2011, 05:47 PM
When would he have time to do this??? He is said by LE that he is on tape until 3:30 AT WORK. That does not leave enough time to do all that is needed to be done in that amount of time before calling 911.:waitasec:

yup not enuff time..
thanks!

JeannaT
11-04-2011, 05:50 PM
Is there a link saying that cops don't think he could have done it in thirty minutes? I only ask because you'd be amazed how fast things can be covered up. If Lisa wasn't breathing, and there weren't any or very little bodily fluids, he could have easily picked her up, maybe wrapped her in something, and disposed of her somewhere close that the police haven't found yet, then came back and called the police. Heck, maybe covering it up is what traumatized him the most. I heard the river isn't far from their house. I'm just saying that it's not impossible that he covered this up.

Since it appears LE was not interested in polygraphing Jeremy, although they polygraphed others, it seems LE doesn't believe Jeremy is involved.

Eileen730
11-04-2011, 05:50 PM

Actually i agree.
20 or 30 mins is long enough to hide a baby.

DeAnn
11-04-2011, 05:51 PM

The river may be close "as the crow flies" but getting to the river and back via vehicle in the matter of minutes we're talking about re Jeremy is pretty much physically impossible. There are only so many spots that have access to the river via vehicle versus on foot. Yes, access is possible via the casinos but those also have lots of folks coming and going. Maybe someone knows of an access point in the Northland that I don't know of that Jeremy could have gotten to and back in 10 minutes. Sugar Creek's LaBette (sp) is the best spot (that's where I wrongfully thought the Porter children were) but he could not have gotten there and back. He wouldn't have had time to have walked to a remote spot (now someone else would have. I'm referring specifically to Jeremy).

And you really think he comes home, finds his daughter dead, doesn't have lots of questions and literally in a matter of seconds decides to cover it up for his wife or someone else? Doesn't spend any time getting emotional, asking questions etc etc? Neighbors have said they heard him sprinting from his home to Samantha's bellowing tell me you have Lisa.

Nothing is impossible, of course, I just don't see that it's probable.

Aedrys
11-04-2011, 05:51 PM
Since it appears LE was not interested in polygraphing Jeremy, although they polygraphed others, it seems LE doesn't believe Jeremy is involved.

True, that's a good point. However, the police might be more interested in who actually killed the child, not who covered up for the death. JI might not feel any guilt and not show it because all he did was cover up the death, not actually kill her. I sure hope the police are not overlooking him. And I will be happy to be wrong, believe me.

epiphany
11-04-2011, 05:53 PM
CaseSignal Case Signal (BeanE)

RT @jimspellmancnn: taking break from reporting on #hln to chase leads. need to nail some things down. Will tweet to warn first #lisairwin
14 minutes ago

Aedrys
11-04-2011, 05:53 PM
I also wonder if initally she was hidden in one spot, and then maybe moved later, accounting for the disturbed earth in the backyard. It could be that she wasn't put into the river until later. But who knows. This case is so confusing and complex. I just don't want something ruled out and then later on it comes back to bite the case. I would hate to see that happen.

DeAnn
11-04-2011, 06:00 PM
True, that's a good point. However, the police might be more interested in who actually killed the child, not who covered up for the death. JI might not feel any guilt and not show it because all he did was cover up the death, not actually kill her. I sure hope the police are not overlooking him. And I will be happy to be wrong, believe me.

I hope that the police are actually looking for the child whether alive or dead and pray that she's still alive. Missouri has had miracles before. Elizabeth Smart and Jaycee Duggard went through hell but are alive and back with their families. I pray for another Show-Me State Miracle. I think the police are interested in what happened to baby Lisa. Period.

frankie069
11-04-2011, 06:00 PM
OMG I just got home and see that there is something about 2 new players in this case. Can someone update me, I was at the hospital all day today with my mom. I am going to try and read as much as I can but I am exhausted. If someone doesnt mind please...

Michelle129th
11-04-2011, 06:03 PM
I also wonder if initally she was hidden in one spot, and then maybe moved later, accounting for the disturbed earth in the backyard. It could be that she wasn't put into the river until later. But who knows. This case is so confusing and complex. I just don't want something ruled out and then later on it comes back to bite the case. I would hate to see that happen.

I would think if the body was hidden somewhere close by that the dogs would have picked up a scent of that? They had the dogs all over the neighbourhood didn't they? I would think in the matter of 15 mins dad had to not only absorb the entire scenario but to wake up mom and decide what to do and dispose of the body he couldn't have gone too far from home.

Michelle

SyraKelly
OMG I just got home and see that there is something about 2 new players in this case. Can someone update me, I was at the hospital all day today with my mom. I am going to try and read as much as I can but I am exhausted. If someone doesnt mind please...

The report is coming from a reporter from CNN.But he just tweeted that he needs to nail a few things down before he reports it!

BritsKate

You could well be right, Aedrys. Your theory fits in with DB's reluctance to go into the backyward...assuming of course that's where the overturned earth was.

luckyme
11-04-2011, 06:06 PM

@
16 hours ago

taking a break from reporting on #hln today to chase leads. Still need to nail some things down. Will tweet to warn first.thanks
27 minutes ago

cluciano63
Did the reporter say the two new people AREN'T the Brandos? If not, that is who I think they are...I know he is better than most, but it is HLN after all, JMO.

In da Middle
The river may be close "as the crow flies" but getting to the river and back via vehicle in the matter of minutes we're talking about re Jeremy is pretty much physically impossible. There are only so many spots that have access to the river via vehicle versus on foot. Yes, access is possible via the casinos but those also have lots of folks coming and going. Maybe someone knows of an access point in the Northland that I don't know of that Jeremy could have gotten to and back in 10 minutes. Sugar Creek's LaBette (sp) is the best spot (that's where I wrongfully thought the Porter children were) but he could not have gotten there and back. He wouldn't have had time to have walked to a remote spot (now someone else would have. I'm referring specifically to Jeremy).

And you really think he comes home, finds his daughter dead, doesn't have lots of questions and literally in a matter of seconds decides to cover it up for his wife or someone else? Doesn't spend any time getting emotional, asking questions etc etc? Neighbors have said they heard him sprinting from his home to Samantha's bellowing tell me you have Lisa.

Nothing is impossible, of course, I just don't see that it's probable.
Yep. Anything that is close enough to be probable isn't as easy access as it looks on a map. First you have to at least travel a ways down Birmingham rd because right at Brighton, there are woods between the road and the river and it would be very dark at the time. If you travel further down Birmingham Rd to where the river is much closer to the road, you still have to lug a baby across the railroad tracks and then navigate in the dark very eroded clay banks and be able to get your package far enough to get in the water. Right now the banks are in very bad shape from all of the flooding this summer. I would think that would leave evidence by itself and LE had their command center right there just a little bit away from this spot. Previous summers it would have been much easier, but the flooding this summer changed things a bit.

JeannaT
11-04-2011, 06:07 PM
Did the reporter say the two new people AREN'T the Brandos? If not, that is who I think they are...I know he is better than most, but it is HLN after all, JMO.

I don't think he said anything at all to ID them, but the Brandos aren't new to HLN. I think this will be 2 new contacts we haven't heard the names of yet.

madge
11-04-2011, 06:08 PM
Per the video of our own WSer who drove to the river though, I do think it's possible that BL body could easily have been disposed of in the river. I watched that video and it's not that far driving to the river and we don't know that PN couldn't have taken the body away to the river. I think the 8:30 phone call was to MW phone looking for PN.

In da Middle
11-04-2011, 06:11 PM
Per the video of our own WSer who drove to the river though, I do think it's possible that BL body could easily have been disposed of in the river. I watched that video and it's not that far driving to the river and we don't know that PN couldn't have taken the body away to the river. I think the 8:30 phone call was to MW phone looking for PN.
Now that is possible except the same holds true for the eroded banks and leaving evidence of somebody possibly being there. But more time leaves other options in general

LadyPirate
11-04-2011, 06:11 PM

I saw that mentioned in a much earlier thread. However, I haven't seen anything about the dogs hitting on the freshly dug earth, or maybe I missed it. Maybe someone started to put her there and changed their mind?

PoppyH
11-04-2011, 06:16 PM
I saw that mentioned in a much earlier thread. However, I haven't seen anything about the dogs hitting on the freshly dug earth, or maybe I missed it. Maybe someone started to put her there and changed their mind?

Or the boys were outside playing and digging, or the dog could have been digging, who knows

DeAnn
11-04-2011, 06:19 PM

We were specifically discussing Jeremy Irwin and his period of opportunity. I think it's improbable if not impossible. Anyone else, very possible. As I said, LaBette (spelling) Park in Sugar Creek has easy access, close enough but far enough away. Fort Osage is another location. Summer Shipp was clearly dumped near the Little Blue in the middle of the night. Those trails would have easy access. Anyone else could have had access to the Missouri River BUT Jeremy imo.

madge
11-04-2011, 06:24 PM
We were specifically discussing Jeremy Irwin and his period of opportunity. I think it's improbable if not impossible. Anyone else, very possible. As I said, LaBette (spelling) Park in Sugar Creek has easy access, close enough but far enough away. Fort Osage is another location. Summer Shipp was clearly dumped near the Little Blue in the middle of the night. Those trails would have easy access. Anyone else could have had access to the Missouri River BUT Jeremy imo.

Being a complete dufuss with Google maps do you have any idea of mileage, length of walking time, driving time, etc to these places from Baby Lisa's home? Any idea if police did any searching there? Am googling Summer Shipp now. Thanks

yllek
11-04-2011, 06:31 PM

Just getting home from work. As I did before going to work, jumped on-line hoping to see an announcement from LE or the parents (and company) that Lisa has been found. Every day for a month, I've hoped for this announcement, and I know I'm not alone here.

So, why do the parents and the lawyers think it not possible that they would be making an announcement related to Lisa being found before the end of next week? Why wouldn't they at least want to make an annoucement to the effect that the big 100k reward is still out there, so someone please call the hotline. Telling, imo...

epiphany
11-04-2011, 06:31 PM
jimspellmancnn

@Amys1867 still working on the 2new figures that I think are pretty pivotal. Lots of legwork and double checking B4 I can report anything
33 seconds ago

epiphany
11-04-2011, 06:34 PM
jimspellmancnn

@TaraHogan991 sorry Tara...I'm tracking down a bunch of things and it won't come through today so I have nothing new so SORRY!
2 minutes ago

curiousc
11-04-2011, 06:37 PM
jimspellmancnn

@TaraHogan991 sorry Tara...I'm tracking down a bunch of things and it won't come through today so I have nothing new so SORRY!
2 minutes ago

I like Jim Spellman, but, for crying out loud, why start tweeting about these characters until you can report about them?

Sigh Sister
11-04-2011, 06:39 PM
I like Jim Spellman, but, for crying out loud, why start tweeting about these characters until you can report about them?

To keep us watching and following his tweets. Irritating.

Sparklin
11-04-2011, 06:40 PM
The report is coming from a reporter from CNN.But he just tweeted that he needs to nail a few things down before he reports it!

From previous tweeting I would say he is trying to nail down the benefactor.

yllek
11-04-2011, 06:47 PM
To keep us watching and following his tweets. Irritating.

Irritating, yes. Effective, yes, at least for me. I'm anxious for someone to post his next tweet! :crazy:

MaryAnn
11-04-2011, 06:54 PM
You could well be right, Aedrys. Your theory fits in with DB's reluctance to go into the backyward...assuming of course that's where the overturned earth was.

If DB had really buried Little Lisa in the backyard, she wouldn't say I was scared to go back there. That would be saying she is back there. I think I understand where DB was coming from when she said " I was scared of what I would find back there". When my Son was about 7 or 8 he was playing in the driveway with his other friends close to my front door, I ran in the house for a second and heard screeching brakes in the street. My heart literally stopped and for that second I couldn't move and was absolutely terrified to go outside for fear he had gone into the street and was hit. That was the longest second, I can still remember and he's now 33 years old. But I think that is where DB is coming from. I wouldn't have understood unless I had experienced it myself. I don't think we should read into every word out of her mouth.

Krisarie
11-04-2011, 06:58 PM
"jimspellman

@jimspellmancnn
@CherylLasseter not names you have heard i don think...won't be able to do so tonight and given court hours maybe. Not til Monday
8 minutes ago via Twitter for iPhone"

Love following him, but yikes, Monday?!

twiggles
11-04-2011, 06:58 PM
Irritating, yes. Effective, yes, at least for me. I'm anxious for someone to post his next tweet! :crazy:

You can read his tweets here: http://twitter.com/#!/jimspellmancnn

Mods, please remove link if not allowed.

~n/t~
11-04-2011, 07:14 PM
"jimspellman

@jimspellmancnn
@CherylLasseter not names you have heard i don think...won't be able to do so tonight and given court hours maybe. Not til Monday

The Conrad Murray jurors just ended deliberations with no verdict so maybe he'll report on baby Lisa's case.

It sounds like they were expecting a verdict and/or longer deliberations.

~n/t~
11-04-2011, 07:17 PM
HLN still on Conrad Murray trial. :sigh:

epiphany
11-04-2011, 07:18 PM
jimspellmancnn

@sinsofamother i dont spend a lot of time there so i dont think i have. I know she was with DB and JI when they went away for a few days
1 minute ago

Epiph: "She" is Samantha B.

Krisarie
11-04-2011, 07:33 PM
The Conrad Murray jurors just ended deliberations with no verdict so maybe he'll report on baby Lisa's case.

It sounds like they were expecting a verdict and/or longer deliberations.

Deliberations are over for the day, Spellman is taking a break to go eat, not expecting to see him do any reports tonight. He converses on Twitter quite a bit though, worth keeping an eye on. Very interesting tidbits about SB as posted above.

Amster
11-04-2011, 07:38 PM
So DB and JI are keeping everybody close....brother, neighbor, boys.....sorry, Lisa.

nursebeeme
11-04-2011, 07:51 PM
for any posts that I have missed that are not linked to main stream media tweets or articles please note that this is the requirement here at websleuths. thank you

Cher352
11-04-2011, 07:53 PM
"jimspellman

@jimspellmancnn

<BBM>

Saw his tweet but confused by what he meant.

Is he saying that it names we haven't heard of or....

that he doesn't think we have not heard the names?

Your take???

nursebeeme
11-04-2011, 07:56 PM
for any posts that I have missed that are not linked to main stream media tweets or articles please note that this is the requirement here at websleuths. thank you

bumping up.. please post responsibly and use websleuths TOS and general rules for this forum which can be found in the etiquette stickie.

this includes tweets from outside the realm of msm.

Kamille
11-04-2011, 07:58 PM
<BBM>

Your take???

A couple of people from the flop house? Maybe one who had the phone during the time frame in question?

Just a guess

Cazzie
11-04-2011, 07:58 PM
True that lol!

JMO but food for thought

That is a really good theory. Except that I don't think she rolled over on her. I think something else happened...not sure what.

Others have discussed that idea and have said that Lisa is (present tense, right? ;) ) large enough and strong enough for that not to be likely.

Unless :( DB really was passed out drunk...then little Lisa, even if she cried or make some other noise, she wouldn't be heard. And of course, DB outweighs her 7 times over (or whatever). :(

Magnifying Glass
11-04-2011, 08:00 PM
Interesting that drinking buddy/neighbor went with DB and JI last weekend. Sounds to me like they wanted to sychronize their stories/ timeline (IMO!)\

ETA: and they come back right as brother talks to LE. Coinkidink not, me thinks.

Can't believe it's been a month. :( Shame on the cowards who (possibly/probably) harmed an innocent little girl and don't have the courage to speak up. Lisa will always be so much better than them.

All my opinion :twocents:

Cazzie
11-04-2011, 08:02 PM
Yes you're right thanks for the link. The interview I watched didn't have Jim Spellman's commentary at the end. Why would they cut that fairly sensational statement out of the interview and then just have the reporter add it at the end? I still wonder if it's media rewording/twisting going on

Forgive me if the link of the mom actually saying it on video is floating around here. I've been trying to follow the case on here for the past 2 weeks and it's quite busy with all the different threads. I'm working my way through them all to avoid asking already asked questions

Michelle
Welcome to WS!!! :)

:welcome:

Melanie
11-04-2011, 08:03 PM
"jimspellman

@jimspellmancnn

Why not Saturday or Sunday -- unless the information has to be verified by LE our legal sources? Tells me that he can't just verify off the seat of his pants so to speak.

I wonder what it is :)

Mel

SyraKelly
11-04-2011, 08:05 PM
Is- JVM.NG talking about Michael J trail?

MissJames
11-04-2011, 08:05 PM
No offense here please, but seriously enough on Michael Jackson. We have a baby out there and all HLN can talk about is a drug addict dying from an overdose that should be just considered malpractice.. JMO and everyone elses I know. Now what about LISA !!

JMO, but we have a lot of missing children every day. Only the ones who are sensationalized get national media attention. Haleigh,Caylee and baby Lisa are the cases that keep on giving,but where is Adji Desir? What about the faces we see every time we walk into a Wal-Mart?

Baby Lisa is getting way more air time than most kids. The media puts on what sells.That's why the MJ trial is on . I also believe what Conrad Murray did rises to the level of manslaughter. Again,JMO.

AlmostGone
11-04-2011, 08:09 PM
Where are you baby Lisa????!!!! We wanna hear some great news!! That your safe and sound!!! If whoever took her (if takin) is reading this please do right and drop her off! Drop her off even at a strangers door! Someplace! Anyplace she will be found!! It would be the right thing to do!

Well Done 99
11-04-2011, 08:13 PM
Interesting that drinking buddy/neighbor went with DB and JI last weekend. Sounds to me like they wanted to sychronize their stories/ timeline (IMO!)\

ETA: and they come back right as brother talks to LE. Coinkidink not, me thinks.

Can't believe it's been a month. :( Shame on the cowards who (possibly/probably) harmed an innocent little girl and don't have the courage to speak up. Lisa will always be so much better than them.

An just as much shame on fatcat attorneys who facilitate it. Should not be allowed.
The whole mob should be hauled down to the police station by the scruff of the neck and questioned until one of them cracks.

MissJames
11-04-2011, 08:15 PM
True that lol!

JMO but food for thought

Any theory why they (both) would not try to save baby Lisa and call 911 for help?

Krisarie
11-04-2011, 08:31 PM
<BBM>

Your take???

My guess is he means they will be names we have not heard, reading through previous tweets so many of the known players (sorry for using such a term) have been named, discussed or questioned. My one guess is someone else here mentioned previously, he is working on the benefactor:twocents:

Kamille
11-04-2011, 08:35 PM

Isn't that when all the new timelines and stories came out involving SB and her husband? Sounds like BS was really working the media that weekend too.

MOO

my_tee_mouse
11-04-2011, 08:35 PM
They know you are not arrested without out good evidence. They are not stupid.
Lying, scheming, irresponsible and all those other dwarfs, perhaps, but stupid...nope...not stupid.

LaLaw2000
11-04-2011, 08:43 PM
I'm sorry, but I think Spellman wanted to break his new names on national TV. If true, that does not impress me one little bit.

JMO

Kamille
11-04-2011, 08:59 PM
I'm sorry, but I think Spellman wanted to break his new names on national TV. If true, that does not impress me one little bit.

JMO

He's a paid newsperson. If his network wants him to do that, he has no choice if he wants to keep his job. They are the ones paying him to be down there doing all this legwork.

MOO

Janeumayer
11-04-2011, 09:09 PM

I think that it would be rare for a parent to dispose of their own in a river. Wouldn't you want the body to be in the ground? Somewhere they cen go to later in life?

LaLaw2000
11-04-2011, 09:14 PM
He's a paid newsperson. If his network wants him to do that, he has no choice if he wants to keep his job. They are the ones paying him to be down there doing all this legwork.

MOO

BBM:

I just mean I am so not impressed by Spellmen not coming through with the names after telling everyone to look for it.

He could always just tell us the truth.

JMO

JeannaT
11-04-2011, 09:19 PM
True that lol!

JMO but food for thought

I can see that as a valid theory, but in that case, why race like a maniac to hide the evidence and call 911 within 20 minutes of arriving home? They had until 7:30 a.m. or so, until the boys woke up, to pretend to discover she was kidnapped, if in fact she wasn't. He'd be so busy disposing of the remains that they wouldn't have time to come up with a "script" of what happened.

I just think if they disposed of her remains, they would have waited until dawn to use all the time available before calling LE. Coming up with the "plan" of disposing of the phones with her body, etc. Meanwhile, I believe, she would have appeared too drunk and hazy to Jeremy to be able to believably pull this off.

katydid23
11-04-2011, 09:21 PM
I think that it would be rare for a parent to dispose of their own in a river. Wouldn't you want the body to be in the ground? Somewhere they cen go to later in life?

That would make sense but someone posted a link previously in another thread about the differences between men and women and where they tend to bury children. And this article said women tend to wrap the children and to place them in water, where as men tend to bury them. I hope I am remembering it correctly. Did anyone else see that article and link. I cannot remember which thread I saw it in.

yllek
11-04-2011, 09:27 PM
Why not Saturday or Sunday -- unless the information has to be verified by LE our legal sources? Tells me that he can't just verify off the seat of his pants so to speak.

I wonder what it is :)

Mel

I'm curious too. I don't understand why court hours would affect his release unless he needs to very information about a person(s) from a sealed criminal record, or legal authorization from LE to release certain info to the public.

Do reporters ever need legal authorization from LE to release information to the public? I know they can be compelled legally NOT to release information in certain cases, but I think they're free to release anything they can stand behind until such time as a ban or gag is mandated to prohibit information related to that case.

Maybe I should go to the Legal forum?

JeannaT
11-04-2011, 09:33 PM
I'm curious too. I don't understand why court hours would affect his release unless he needs to very information about a person(s) from a sealed criminal record, or legal authorization from LE to release certain info to the public.

Do reporters ever need legal authorization from LE to release information to the public? I know they can be compelled legally NOT to release information in certain cases, but I think they're free to release anything they can stand behind until such time as a ban or gag is mandated to prohibit information related to that case.

Maybe I should go to the Legal forum?

I can think of a lot of reasons to have to get something from the courts - eviction notices, restraining orders, sales of property, birth records, arrest records, permission to access police reports, etc. It seems like the list of possibilities is endless . .

powayparent
11-04-2011, 09:34 PM
BBM:

I just mean I am so not impressed by Spellmen not coming through with the names after telling everyone to look for it.

He could always just tell us the truth.

JMO

I appreciate that he takes the time to verify info, and admits when he's made a mistake.

yllek
11-04-2011, 09:45 PM
I can think of a lot of reasons to have to get something from the courts - eviction notices, restraining orders, sales of property, birth records, arrest records, permission to access police reports, etc. It seems like the list of possibilities is endless . .

Thanks, I guess I've gotten so used to that kind of information being available to the public online (MO's CaseNet is very good and subscription checkers/reports services are also quite comprehensive); assuming CNN reporter would have even better electronic access. But, I admittedly don't know if some of the endless possibilties on your list require a court visit for access or verification (and do think that possibly older public records wouldn't be availalbe on-line).

I'll ask a lawyer in the legal thread.