PDA

View Full Version : GUILTY Conrad Murray Trial - Verdict Watch

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

octobermoon
11-05-2011, 08:31 PM
Do you say peecans or puhcaans, LOL
My Auntie Maureen has a huge pecan tree in her yard and they sell them at church for the shelter. And she makes the best pie in the whole wide world. :)

borndem
11-05-2011, 08:35 PM
Re the Son of Sam Law:

I did look it up, but each state is different.

3 states have never enacted Son of Sam statutes:
New Hampshire (http://www.freedomforum.org/packages/first/SonOfSam/index.htm#NewHampshire), North Carolina (http://www.freedomforum.org/packages/first/SonOfSam/index.htm#NorthCarolina) and Vermont (http://www.freedomforum.org/packages/first/SonOfSam/index.htm#Vermont)

Here is the Law as it pertains to California:

Citation: CAL. CIV. CODE § 2225 (Deering 2001)
History: Enacted in 1987.
CIVIL CODE
DIVISION 3. Obligations
PART 4. Obligations Arising from Particular Transactions
TITLE 8. Involuntary Trusts
Cal Civ Code § 2225 (2001)

§ 2225. Proceeds from sale of story of felony by convicted felon; Involuntary trust

(a)(3)(B) "Profiteer of the felony" means any person who sells or transfers for profit
any memorabilia or other property or thing of the felon, the value of which is enhanced
by the notoriety gained from the commission of the felony for which the felon was convicted.
This subparagraph shall not apply to any media entity reporting on the felon's story or on the
sale of the materials, memorabilia, or other property or thing of the felon. Nor shall it apply to
the sale of the materials, as the term is defined in paragraph (6), where the seller is exercising
his or her first amendment rights. This subparagraph also shall not apply to the sale or transfer
by a profiteer of any other expressive work protected by the First Amendment
unless the sale or transfer is primarily for a commercial or speculative purpose.

(10) (b)(1) All proceeds from the preparation for the purpose of sale, the sale of the rights to, or the sale
of materials that include or are based on the story of a felony for which a convicted felon was convicted,
shall be subject to an involuntary trust for the benefit of the beneficiaries set forth in this section.
That trust shall continue until five years after the time of payment of the proceeds to the felon or five years
after the date of conviction, whichever is later. If an action is filed by a beneficiary to recover his or her interest
in a trust within those time limitations, the trust character of the property shall continue until the conclusion of the
action. At the end of the five-year trust period, any proceeds that remain in trust that have not been claimed by a
beneficiary shall be transferred to the Controller, to be allocated to the Restitution Fund for the payment of claims
pursuant to Section 13969 of the Government Code.

Wow, peace - that packs a bit of a Pow into things. Hmmmmm.

A big thanks for that Thunderbolt of info!

Involuntary Manslaughter and Involuntary Trust.... how 'bout dat!?

I'm also hoping for some Involuntary Jail Time <gnaw, gnaw>

(And NC doesn't have one yet. Who could imagine??? http://www.websleuths.com/forums/images/icons/icon8.gif )

borndem
11-05-2011, 08:43 PM
So, am I reading this right? He can do his documentary but whatever he gets goes into a trust to be held for 5 yrs in case he has a claim filed against him (eg a civil lawsuit or perhaps even past due child support or other creditors?). If so, his attorneys can kiss any of that good bye IMO.

Yeah, it looks like you're right Talina -- and if anything is left after the 5 years, it goes to restitution. All the felon gets is the empty money bag, if that! I do wonder if the money held for those 5 years could be used to pay unpaid child support -- that would be sweet. Karma is a bee-ahtch. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/images/icons/icon10.gif

(Or something close to that...) :waitasec::waitasec:

oceanblueeyes
11-05-2011, 08:49 PM
Yum pie please :)

Southern homemade pecan pie? Yummy! I will get right on it. :)

imo

borndem
11-05-2011, 08:49 PM
Just sitting here thinking about that documentary on Dr. Murray. If they are relying a lot on interviews with him and his attorneys, then it won't be worth a dime. He is not going to be honest and his attorneys aren't going to be honest about what their true feelings or beliefs are IMO.

You're absolutely right, Talina, and we will never know. Never.

The only other witness is dazzling the angels and the children 'way up there.

Grrrrrrrr.

oceanblueeyes
11-05-2011, 08:51 PM
Do you say peecans or puhcaans, LOL
My Auntie Maureen has a huge pecan tree in her yard and they sell them at church for the shelter. And she makes the best pie in the whole wide world. :)

Honey I am from the deep south:floorlaugh: but I say puhcaans and everyone down here looks at me like I am crazy.:crazy:

We have 15 pecan trees on our place. I hate them in the wintertime though. Yuck. Thank goodness we have a lot of pines and bradfords too.

IMO

octobermoon
11-05-2011, 08:54 PM
I may have missed it, but were there any Doctors or Nurses that testified on behalf of cm? Because all I remember were the women in his clinics that were not med profs.

I am not counting Dr. White cause he was a friend of Flanagan's not cm's co-worker.

oceanblueeyes
11-05-2011, 08:56 PM
I may have missed it, but were there any Doctors or Nurses that testified on behalf of cm? Because all I remember were the women in his clinics that were not med profs.

I am not counting Dr. White cause he was a friend of Flanagan's not cm's co-worker.

No, the only doctors that testfied were Dr. Waldman (with an attitude) and Dr. White (with an attitude).:floorlaugh:

octobermoon
11-05-2011, 08:57 PM
Honey I am from the deep south:floorlaugh: but I say puhcaans and everyone down here looks at me like I am crazy.:crazy:

We have 15 pecan trees on our place. I hate them in the wintertime though. Yuck. Thank goodness we have a lot of pines and bradfords too.

IMO

My Grands are from NM and TX and it is peecan pie. My in-laws in IL say puhcaans. Drives me bonkers. :D I just say yummy pass me some more ;)

octobermoon
11-05-2011, 09:01 PM
Now we need ouchie ribs update...

How are you two feeling?

Better I hope. We all need you strong and rested for Monday. :)

borndem
11-05-2011, 09:11 PM
This film has been called a documentary.
There is a documentary film crew working with CM,
has been when he wasn't in court and will be with him,
after the verdict is read.

From what I know about documentary filmmakers...
there's usually an issue or incident that's very important and sometimes very dear to them. It means so much to them and they're so affected, that they want to make a statement to the world about it. And so they study it, write about it and put it on film... to show the world.

I'm just not getting it... what statement this documentary film, about and with CM, is supposed to say. What point are the filmmakers wanting to make?

I could see CM doing a TV interview and people watching... for free.

But I can not see a lot of people paying $10 to see a 90 minute film about and starring Conrad Murray... and with what message?

Well, there was a crowd of 'em on the streets around the courthouse, and then there's his little band at Acres retirement community -- you know, the ones with all those stents??? They would probably give up paying part of their water bill to pay to see him if their income was that limited. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/images/icons/icon8.gif (And maybe he was a good guy then, but I just don't think so. I still say IMO he placed more than he needed to place, but whatevah!)

:waitasec:

octobermoon
11-05-2011, 09:16 PM
Well, there was a crowd of 'em on the streets around the courthouse, and then there's his little band at Acres retirement community -- you know, the ones with all those stents??? They would probably give up paying part of their water bill to pay to see him if their income was that limited. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/images/icons/icon8.gif (And maybe he was a good guy then, but I just don't think so. I still say IMO he placed more than he needed to place, but whatevah!)

I sure hope they are looking at him placing too many stents. Sounded excessive to me. Who knows how much or if he was bilking these patients. IMO

borndem
11-05-2011, 09:28 PM
Actually DH said something that didn't sound like a grunt :) He hasn't followed the case as closely as I have, but no doubt has been listening to HLN in the background. He said that since Michael Jackson asked for the drug, it's not the good doctors fault that he died from it. Kinda like John Belushi and Cathy Smith type of scenario (I had to remind him that Cathy Smith did in fact go to jail).

In short, MJ wouldn't be dead if he didn't beg for the propofol, and therefore, the doctor is innocent.

Mel

Almost the same thing as someone asking his dealer for one more vial of crack -- he sells it, the guy pays, and he OD's and dies. It's not the same, since what they were doing is illegal and the dealer is not a Medical Doctor, but the LEO's go after the dealer nevertheless ....

But what was forgotten in the CM scenario is the doctor's responsibility to do what he/she can to help the victim & not let him die. As an MD, CM had that responsibility that the drug dealer did not, if I understood that part of the law. Ergo, the guilt, seems to me.

Yet another head-scratcher...:waitasec:

borndem
11-05-2011, 09:35 PM
My hubby said the opposite. He said they WILL find this doctor guilty. He said it doesn't matter if the patient begged or didn't beg......it was the doctor who was to say 'no.'

He also doesn't believe MJ begged Murray for anything or injected himself. He thinks Murray is a big liar trying to cover his own a** since he knew from minute one he had killed MJ.

He said the consciousness of guilt in this case is overwhelming.

Yes, poor hubby, he has had to come in and listen to it after he gets in from work each day and this week he was off on vacation the entire week.:floorlaugh:

Yeah, poor guy, huh?! He's got YOU, blue!!! And for that..... all the stars in heaven he needs to be thanking, right???!!! Battered ribs & spleen & all!http://www.websleuths.com/forums/images/icons/icon10.gif

borndem
11-05-2011, 09:59 PM
Good morning. :)

Looking at IMDb it appears this documentary will be produced in the UK. Wonder if he got an advance on it and has the monies in an offshore account? I have no doubt he has more recordings like the one presented in court that he recorded too. I wonder if MJ had threatened to fire him and he did that for "insurance" or worse, possibly blackmail? Whatever reason he made those tapes was not good IMO.

Untitled Dr. Conrad Murray Documentary (2010)

Production Notes from IMDbPro
Updated: 15 February 2011

Storyline
A documentary on the doctor who was placed under investigation in the wake of Michael Jackson's death.

Details
UK
Language:
English
Filming Locations:
Houston, Texas, USA See more ŧ

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1572197/

Alert! Alert! Alert! Alert! Alert! Alert! Alert! Alert! Alert! Alert!

This is THE big break his baby mama and her instrument have been waiting for, folks!! Ahhhh, The Big Time. Hollywood is right around the corner!!

Swimming pools, movie stars!!!!!!!

oceanblueeyes
11-05-2011, 09:59 PM
Yeah, poor guy, huh?! He's got YOU, blue!!! And for that..... all the stars in heaven he needs to be thanking, right???!!! Battered ribs & spleen & all!http://www.websleuths.com/forums/images/icons/icon10.gif

Aww...you are a sweetie pie!

Have you been talking to my adorable hubby? :)

Oh gosh if I could only be half as good as that man thinks I am!:floorlaugh:

You should hear our children. hee hee They think we wont ever grow up and they are right! Still a huggin and smooching.:great: They just shake their heads but they ain't foolin us..........they like it that we are so close.:crazy:

How are your ribs? I certainly hope they are much much better.

I am on the mend I believe. The meds really seem to be helping.

IMO

oceanblueeyes
11-05-2011, 10:01 PM
Alert! Alert! Alert! Alert! Alert! Alert! Alert! Alert! Alert! Alert!

This is THE big break his baby mama and her instrument have been waiting for, folks!! Ahhhh, The Big Time. Hollywood is right around the corner!!

Swimming pools, movie stars!!!!!!!

Time to fine tune the 'instrument.':rocker::floorlaugh:

borndem
11-05-2011, 10:11 PM
If Dr. Murray had followed protocol; MJ would not have been able to inject it (not that I believe that for 1 second). He abandoned his only patient.

It also does not make sense that MJ only had 50mgs of propofol (25 by Murray and even if 25 by himself) the blood levels indicate 40x more so if the jury uses common sense based on the science they will understand it had to be a drip and CM got rid of the tubing.

As much as I believe Fleak made a huge error in not photographing that bottle in the bag; I sure do not believe there was any conspiracy between she and AA. Again if common sense is applied, I can understand why AA did not mention it during his brief conversation with LE on the day MJ died. He probably thought nothing of it and as he said it wasn't until he watched CNN that he realized it had any significance and I really do believe that.

In addition to that AA could have collected $500,000 for his story and he did not sell it although seems to me he could have used that money. For Chernoff to imply that he testified to sell his story was ludicrous. Any money he would have received would have been BEFORE the trial. There is NO story to tell since he told it in his testimony.

Yes, yes, yes. You can take what you said to the bank! Period. End of discussion.

And what could AA have possibly known of how that IV bag, etc., was supposed to be set up? I wonder if he had ever even been in that bedroom before that day. How could he know that the rigged-up vial-in-the-bag was unusual? And he was in a bit of a state when he saw it to start with. And he was most likely served a subpoena to testify so that he could break the confidentiality under which he had probably signed. Grrrrr. I thought he was honest sincere, and completely believable.

borndem
11-05-2011, 10:15 PM
Bet any money that Conrad has more audio recordings of Michael and pics that he is selling! Animal!

:snake:

oceanblueeyes
11-05-2011, 10:19 PM
Yes, yes, yes. You can take what you said to the bank! Period. End of discussion.

And what could AA have possibly known of how that IV bag, etc., was supposed to be set up? I wonder if he had ever even been in that bedroom before that day. How could he know that the rigged-up vial-in-the-bag was unusual? And he was in a bit of a state when he saw it to start with. And he was most likely served a subpoena to testify so that he could break the confidentiality under which he had probably signed. Grrrrr. I thought he was honest sincere, and completely believable.

I sure hope none of the jurors falls for that bs about AA.

He was even afraid to go into the home without permission. Of course he had never seen what went on in that bedroom before.

I found him very very believable. How would he know about a slit saline bag. The SWs weren't even released until many months after he gave his statement.

And he did try to contact LE the first of July.

IMO

octobermoon
11-05-2011, 10:30 PM
Time to fine tune the 'instrument.':rocker::floorlaugh:

This is not funny. But true. I just realized cm wanted to be MJ. just damn

Nickelback - Rockstar - YouTube

ETA I posted this because of Nicole A. and her instrument, but really hit me how cm wanted this life. :(

borndem
11-05-2011, 11:03 PM
I agree SATA, and speaking of itching, I can't stand looking at him constantly scratching his head whenever he's on camera. Ick!

So, the British are making a documentary about Conrad Murray? This reminds me of the French documentary team that followed Michael Peterson during his murder trial a few years back. You can still occasionally catch "The Staircase" on the Sundance Channel. While it's clearly done from the viewpoint of the defense, you still get a real insight into the prosecution as well. I only hope the verdict is the same in Murray's case as it was in Peterson's. :)

O'/T:
The Peterson case occurred about 35 miles from where we live. Very strange dude, Mr. Peterson. Just plain creepy. His wife was, from all reports I heard, a very fine woman. And there was a former Mrs. Peterson. And another staircase...

ETA: I've never seen the "documentary" about it, but watching what I can now. Good, but odd, diversion from waiting for a verdict in this case...

"The blow-poke case," it was called. The trial was not on local TV, but it was quite well-covered in this area, of course. Yeah, he was a weird one, sexual orientation notwithstanding. Also daughter vs. daughter as to his guilt. He continues to appeal, to no avail.

What I remember best was the picture of the staircase with blood splattered all the way down it -- from the top to the bottom. IMO, a fall down the stairs would not produce that much blood, especially "before" she hit the first stair.

He first claimed an owl did it....

For those curious:

http://www.wral.com/news/local/asset_gallery/1087115/

It's also on WebSleuths. Back in 2003.

End of O/T

borndem
11-06-2011, 02:04 AM
Southern homemade pecan pie? Yummy! I will get right on it. :)

imo

I've got a good Cajun Pee-can Pie recipe --

I say pee-can, accent on the pee syllable. And I say "ant" for aunt also, but I don't say "ain't" like Ain't Bee when Andy or Opie says it. And I don't say ahhnt. Potayto, Potahto. Ain't no thang.

In the midst of strangers (eek) I might say, "puh-cahn" accent on the cahn, but that ain't reeely mee.

peace9274
11-06-2011, 02:04 AM
WOW... I was just reading on another thread that Oklahoma had a 5.6 earthquake about a half hour ago.
One of our WS members in OKLA had just started the thread & posted the only info she had.. that her couch
shook & she was pretty sure it was an earthquake.... but that it had not yet hit the news media nor the internet
to get more info.

Then, within seconds, according to the poster, the news media began reporting it. At the same time, several other
WSers in OK & surrounding states began posting that they felt it also. It's reported that it's the biggest in OKLA's history.

Apparently, here were several smaller ones reported earlier in the day, in OK also.

Prayers & hugs for all our (((WS members))) and (((WS guests))) that felt the quake.
I'm hoping you are all safe and without much, if any, damage to your homes & surrounding areas.

borndem
11-06-2011, 02:12 AM
Aww...you are a sweetie pie!

Have you been talking to my adorable hubby? :)

Oh gosh if I could only be half as good as that man thinks I am!:floorlaugh:

You should hear our children. hee hee They think we wont ever grow up and they are right! Still a huggin and smooching.:great: They just shake their heads but they ain't foolin us..........they like it that we are so close.:crazy:

How are your ribs? I certainly hope they are much much better.

I am on the mend I believe. The meds really seem to be helping.

IMO
Mine is now a ligament tear, but it's okay -- very bad first thing in the morning, probably from being so still while thankfully asleep. So it helps to walk around a bit first thing, Then the meds and as long as I don't pizz it off, we get along fine. Feeling good right now. Thanks for asking.

I'm glad to hear your report, too. Time does heal. But it's tuff during the wait. I grunt a lot (what's new?), but I feel better than I sound! We're tuff, you can't keep up down, or quiet, for long, huh?l

CarolinaMoon
11-06-2011, 07:45 AM
Good morning!

I just read all your wonderful posts on my Google update. Thanks Button to you all!

I'm not surprised the jury is taking its time. The request for marker pens makes me believe that they are sincerely deliberating and will take their time.

First of all, we've had the opportunity to discuss the case as it's moved along, aided by HLN and IS in the background. We've seen the MSM reports. They haven't. Imagine twelve people who are just starting the discussions we've had?

I hope that one reason for the markers is to compare CM's police statement to the testimony presented during trial. Once they see all the disparities, they can decide whether or not to believe his statements were the "troot" and nothing but! Once they decide that he was only giving self-serving statements with a heap of lies, it would be on to the medical testimony. More markers needed for that.

Finally, they have to look at the testimony about the standards of care violations.

Then, they will have to go through the jury instructions and untangle what they mean in this case.

My order may be out of whack, but I think you all get the idea. Since some of them followed the CA trial, they may also not want to make the mistake that jury made. They obviously didn't ask for markers to compare the testimony, they acted on their "impressions" of it. Now, they are stuck trying to maintain their anonymity even though their names are out there. I'm sure none of them can give any more information about the deliberations than what we have heard... vast generalizations.

This jury will want to be able to say that they went through the testimony in a painstaking manner before coming to a verdict. The fact that a number of them are jury veterans would also prolong the discussion. They want to get it right.

Or, on the other hand, those of you who said they are "sleeping on it" could be quite correct as well! :D

TxLady2
11-06-2011, 09:39 AM

IMO

I say puhcaans too. I thought everybody did. :crazy: And pecan pie is my hubby's favorite. My dad always gave us lots of pecans every year, he had two big trees in his yard. We southerners love our pecans!!

oceanblueeyes
11-06-2011, 10:32 AM
I've got a good Cajun Pee-can Pie recipe --

I say pee-can, accent on the pee syllable. And I say "ant" for aunt also, but I don't say "ain't" like Ain't Bee when Andy or Opie says it. And I don't say ahhnt. Potayto, Potahto. Ain't no thang.

In the midst of strangers (eek) I might say, "puh-cahn" accent on the cahn, but that ain't reeely mee.

Well this is so silly but all my life I felt embarassed when someone calls it a 'pee-can.":blushing::blushing:

I guess that is because my great grandmother told me stories about them having to use a pee-can at night when she was growing up.:floorlaugh:

IMO

oceanblueeyes
11-06-2011, 10:46 AM
I say puhcaans too. I thought everybody did. :crazy: And pecan pie is my hubby's favorite. My dad always gave us lots of pecans every year, he had two big trees in his yard. We southerners love our pecans!!

Yes, we sure do.:)

Pecan pie is my hubby's favorite too.

We let all of our neighbors in our area come pick up pecans if they want. We only pick up enough to make sure I have plenty of them on hand each year and I give all of our daughters who live in our area and our daughter in law some so they don't have to buy any.

We have a family down the street and the father has been out of work due to a major surgery and his family has come up here and are selling them to make extra money. The price for pecans are outrageous but a good deal when someone sells them. :)

It helps them and it really helps us too and the pecans on the ground are a nightmare for my hubby when he cuts the grass and we cut the grass all the way through November at least because we are known to have very warm days.

Now the guy next door would probably call the police if anyone picked up one of his pecans.:floorlaugh: He doesn't live here but comes when it is time to gather the pecans.

IMO

peace9274
11-06-2011, 11:01 AM
Good morning!

I just read all your wonderful posts on my Google update. Thanks Button to you all!

I'm not surprised the jury is taking its time. The request for marker pens makes me believe that they are sincerely deliberating and will take their time.

First of all, we've had the opportunity to discuss the case as it's moved along, aided by HLN and IS in the background. We've seen the MSM reports. They haven't. Imagine twelve people who are just starting the discussions we've had?

I hope that one reason for the markers is to compare CM's police statement to the testimony presented during trial. Once they see all the disparities, they can decide whether or not to believe his statements were the "troot" and nothing but! Once they decide that he was only giving self-serving statements with a heap of lies, it would be on to the medical testimony. More markers needed for that.

Finally, they have to look at the testimony about the standards of care violations.

Then, they will have to go through the jury instructions and untangle what they mean in this case.

My order may be out of whack, but I think you all get the idea. Since some of them followed the CA trial, they may also not want to make the mistake that jury made. They obviously didn't ask for markers to compare the testimony, they acted on their "impressions" of it. Now, they are stuck trying to maintain their anonymity even though their names are out there. I'm sure none of them can give any more information about the deliberations than what we have heard... vast generalizations.

This jury will want to be able to say that they went through the testimony in a painstaking manner before coming to a verdict. The fact that a number of them are jury veterans would also prolong the discussion. They want to get it right.

Or, on the other hand, those of you who said they are "sleeping on it" could be quite correct as well! :D

Thanks for your comments, CarolinaMoon.

I was one of those who thought if the jurors take longer than all day Friday, they took too long!!
I was thinking they all MUST know he's guilty, even before the last word of closing arguments was spoken!!!
No deliberating or discussion needed! Period.

But, now... after reading opinions & explanations re this so-called "LONG" time they're taking...
I'm sure if they take a month or more deliberating and then come back with a not-guilty verdict...
I'll be saying:

"Wait a minute! Those jurors did not discuss it or think about it or ponder over it or ask enough
questions or review their notes or sleep on it LONG ENOUGH!!! They should have taken more time!!! Period."

peace9274
11-06-2011, 11:20 AM
Yes, we sure do.:)

Pecan pie is my hubby's favorite too.

We let all of our neighbors in our area come pick up pecans if they want. We only pick up enough to make sure I have plenty of them on hand each year and I give all of our daughters who live in our area and our daughter in law some so they don't have to buy any.

We have a family down the street and the father has been out of work due to a major surgery and his family has come up here and are selling them to make extra money. The price for pecans are outrageous but a good deal when someone sells them. :)

It helps them and it really helps us too and the pecans on the ground are a nightmare for my hubby when he cuts the grass and we cut the grass all the way through November at least because we are known to have very warm days.

Now the guy next door would probably call the police if anyone picked up one of his pecans.:floorlaugh: He doesn't live here but comes when it is time to gather the pecans.

IMO

I don't say pee-cans, either. :blushing:

I say Pah CAHNs and I love them on almost everything!!! Especially salads, ice cream, chicken, muffins, pizza... :)

Speaking of nuts, I just read that: "November is Peanut Butter Lovers Month" :)

So I have to mention that last week, in my little local market, I found a to-die-for jar of White Chocolate Peanut Butter!!!
It's made by the owners of "Peanut Butter & Co", a small sandwich shop in Greenwich Village (NY).

I was afraid it would be too chocolate-y... (if there is such a thing!)... but not so.
It is just soooo delicious, that I have to spread the word about it. (get it?)

White Chocolate Wonderful
http://ilovepeanutbutter.com/

oceanblueeyes
11-06-2011, 11:43 AM

I say Pah CAHNs and I love them on almost everything!!! Especially salads, ice cream, chicken, muffins, pizza... :)

So I have to mention that last week, in my little local market, I found a to-die-for jar of White Chocolate Peanut Butter!!!
It's made by the owners of "Peanut Butter & Co", a small sandwich shop in Greenwich Village (NY).

I was afraid it would be too chocolate-y... (if there is such a thing!)... but not so.

I just bookmarked that site, Peace. Thanks so much. I looovvvve white chocolate and of course I love peanut butter too. I am going to buy some.

IMO

peace9274
11-06-2011, 12:09 PM
I just bookmarked that site, Peace. Thanks so much. I looovvvve white chocolate and of course I love peanut butter too. I am going to buy some.

IMO

As you may have seen at their website, they have several different flavors.
White Chocolate Wonderful was the only flavor of this brand, that my market was selling.
I doubt very much I would've paid $5.99 for any of the other flavors.

Actually, the way I found it was... I was just checking each jar of p-nut butter on the shelves
to get the one with the least amount of calories!! And this one was the one!!

Since I haven't been working out much during the Conrad Murray & His Nuts Trial... I've had to watch what I eat! <rolls eyes>

Credence
11-06-2011, 12:10 PM

Good Morning (I can say morning - with us gaining the hour LOL)

Thanks for this. I am going to email my daughter this link. She is a peanut butter lover; who loves gluten free products and is a vegan. I read the description of the white chocolate peanut butter as well as some of the others and I know I can thank you in advance for her. She will absolutely love this site!!!!!! I have to ask her if she has ever been to the shop in Greenwich Village. She is an explorer of these types of places. LOL

I also sent her the link to your son's background on that site. She is currently attending Five Town College studying film, with a minor in journalism and broadcasting. :)

outofstatelawyer
11-06-2011, 12:14 PM
A couple of comments about money and CM "supporters":

I suspect Murray has been paid for this "documentary", which is where the $$ for the defense lawyers and Dr. White came from. I can't imagine the sum was that large though, to support $180 neckties, pedicures, etc. That latter stuff really offends me to the core, since he has what, 7 kids out there that he is not supporting?

I caught Vinnie Politan's interview with Murray's LA "pastor" on Friday. The guy mostly served up a word salad, and I thought it was a pretty useless interview, except that it suddenly dawned on me where the protesters at the courthouse supporting Murray came from. The one question that reporter and former DA Vinnie didn't ask the Pastor was how long he's known the sainted Dr. Murray. I suspect it's not been that long.

Credence
11-06-2011, 12:21 PM
Carolina - Read your post and thank you for your explanation.

I am one who thought a verdict should have been reached on Friday but then after reading posts by OBE took me back to the 3x I have been a juror and realized in none of them did we deliver a verdict in one day and in all 3 cases - we rendered a guilty verdict. Actually looking back; by the time we elected a foreman, introduced ourselves, familiarized ourselves with the jury instructions and took an initial vote; gave our opinions so we all knew where we agreed; disagreed - the day went pretty quickly from what I recall.

I would think one of the first things they would do after the above; is scrutinize Murray's interview transcript to determine, if in their opinion; he used a drip as that seems to be one of the biggest issues in this case.

peace9274
11-06-2011, 12:22 PM
Thanks for this. I am going to email my daughter this link. She is a peanut butter lover; who loves gluten free products and is a vegan. I read the description of the white chocolate peanut butter as well as some of the others and I know I can thank you in advance for her. She will absolutely love this site!!!!!!

My middle son, Christopher, just got married in June. His wife is a vegetarian.
So is #3 son's girlfriend. Both of these sons have been vegetarians on and off.

When I was planning for the Friday night rehearsal dinner and the Sunday Brunch Celebration,
after the wedding on Saturday... I was told to make sure I included dishes for vegans, also,
because a lot of their vegan friends would be there. I was given a list of ingredients that they could NOT have!!

The day I was shopping for food... whoa! ... you wouldn't believe the amount of time I spent reading labels!!!

ETA: The wedding was absolutely beautiful!!!

Credence
11-06-2011, 12:28 PM

I suspect Murray has been paid for this "documentary", which is where the $$ for the defense lawyers and Dr. White came from. I can't imagine the sum was that large though, to support $180 neckties, pedicures, etc. That latter stuff really offends me to the core, since he has what, 7 kids out there that he is not supporting?

I caught Vinnie Politan's interview with Murray's LA "pastor" on Friday. The guy mostly served up a word salad, and I thought it was a pretty useless interview, except that it suddenly dawned on me where the protesters at the courthouse supporting Murray came from. The one question that reporter and former DA Vinnie didn't ask the Pastor was how long he's known the sainted Dr. Murray. I suspect it's not been that long.

I suspect he may have been given an advance. This doc has been in the works shortly after MJ died as I recall photogs with him when he visited MJ's burial site and we all thought it was staged then and then when he went to Houston and was greeted so warmly by his patients at the clinic.

Everything he has done has been self-serving. I hope he is praying for God's forgiveness for the life he has led and not supporting his children and cheating on his wife ten-fold.

Credence
11-06-2011, 12:32 PM
My middle son, Christopher, just got married in June. His wife is a vegetarian.
So is #3 son's girlfriend. Both of these sons have been vegetarians on and off.

When I was planning for the Friday night rehearsal dinner and the Sunday Brunch Celebration,
after the wedding on Saturday... I was told to make sure I included dishes for vegans, also,
because a lot of their vegan friends would be there. I was given a list of ingredients that they could NOT have!!

The day I was shopping for food... whoa! ... you wouldn't believe the amount of time I spent reading labels!!!

ETA: The wedding was absolutely beautiful!!!

Congrats to your son!!!

Oh gosh - I know all too much what a pain it is reading labels. My daughter is now 25. She came home from school one day when she was about 15-16 and announced she was a vegetarian out of the blue and I am not exaggerating and her tastes have become stricter as she got older. Pain in my tucas. I stopped even shopping for food for her and she had started doing her own and it is more expensive too. You would think cutting out meats would be less expensive but not with what she eats and most everything has to be organic. Was too much of a hassle. She will also purchase what she will want to eat for Thanksgiving - I will cook it but she has to do her own shopping. LOL :rolleyes:

peace9274
11-06-2011, 12:51 PM
Congrats to your son!!!

Oh gosh - I know all too much what a pain it is reading labels. My daughter is now 25. She came home from school one day when she was about 15-16 and announced she was a vegetarian out of the blue and I am not exaggerating and her tastes have become stricter as she got older. Pain in my tucas. I stopped even shopping for food for her and she had started doing her own and it is more expensive too. You would think cutting out meats would be less expensive but not with what she eats and most everything has to be organic. Was too much of a hassle. She will also purchase what she will want to eat for Thanksgiving - I will cook it but she has to do her own shopping. LOL :rolleyes:

BBM

Thank you, Credence.

If you need something to do while waiting for the verdict...
(housework? I don't think so!)

..... here's a link to their wedding photo video...
it's just a small portion of the number of photos taken that day!

The song runs 3 times... the best photos are during the 2nd play.
http://lassaraphotography.myshowit.com/chris_jen

octobermoon
11-06-2011, 01:56 PM

IIRC, the pastor said in another interview he met CM about a month before trial started. Floored me. :waitasec:

peace9274
11-06-2011, 03:06 PM

I caught Vinnie Politan's interview with Murray's LA "pastor" on Friday.

The guy mostly served up a word salad, and I thought it was a pretty useless interview, except that it suddenly dawned on me where the protesters at the courthouse supporting Murray came from. The one question that reporter and former DA Vinnie didn't ask the Pastor was how long he's known the sainted Dr. Murray. I suspect it's not been that long.

BBM

I saw the same brief interview, of Vinnie P & CM's Pastor on Friday night.

Vinnie asked the pastor at least 2 questions and I said:
"That poor guy is really scared... or he doesn't know who Conrad Murray is.
They must have the wrong guy on the wrong show!" :waitasec:

IIRC, he just sat there with his mouth open, staring wide-eyed at the camera,
and mumbled after each question was asked. And they weren't hard questions!!
"How is Dr Conrad Murray doing?" & ... uhmm ... I can't even remember the other one!

octobermoon
11-06-2011, 03:35 PM
O/T Peanut Butter Pie

8 oz. cream cheese room temp.
2 C. pow'd sugar
1 C. peanut butter
2 C. cool whip

1 prepared chocolate crust

Blend cheese, pb, and sugar well. Fold in cool whip. Pour into crust and chill.

I think white choc. peanut butter will make this even more yummy!

peace9274
11-06-2011, 03:40 PM
O/T Peanut Butter Pie

8 oz. cream cheese room temp.
2 C. pow'd sugar
1 C. peanut butter
2 C. cool whip

1 prepared chocolate crust

Blend cheese, pb, and sugar well. Fold in cool whip. Pour into crust and chill.

I think white choc. peanut butter will make this even more yummy!

Since I now live alone, that pie would be dangerous in my house!

It would prolly be gone in one sitting. :banghead:

But I AM going to try making it for when company comes.
It sounds wonderful!!!

Throw some of oceanblueeyes' crushed pecans on top and I'd be in heaven!

octobermoon
11-06-2011, 03:47 PM
Since I now live alone, that pie would be dangerous in my house!

It would prolly be gone in one sitting. :banghead:

But I AM going to try making it for when company comes.
It sounds wonderful!!!

Throw some of oceanblueeyes' crushed pecans on top and I'd be in heaven!

Crushed pecans on top!! Yes please ;)

borndem
11-06-2011, 04:28 PM
This is not funny. But true. I just realized cm wanted to be MJ. just damn

Nickelback - Rockstar - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmeUuoxyt_E)

ETA I posted this because of Nicole A. and her instrument, but really hit me how cm wanted this life. :(

Yep - the man with big plans and a small conscience. And a gf who just needed that one little break to be noticed...http://www.websleuths.com/forums/images/icons/icon8.gif

peace9274
11-06-2011, 04:31 PM
Crushed pecans on top!! Yes please ;)

I was just trying to figure out how many hours until the jurors go back into deliberation.

No offense to other blondes, but it's days like today that I really feel blonde (can't be age).

Arizona does not change the clocks at Fall Back-Spring Forward.
Or wait... is it Fall Forward-Spring Back?

Anyway... I have no idea what time it is now in all the other time zones.
GRRRRR :banghead:

octobermoon
11-06-2011, 04:39 PM
I was just trying to figure out how many hours until the jurors go back into deliberation.

No offense to other blondes, but it's days like today that I really feel blonde (can't be age).

Arizona does not change the clocks at Fall Back-Spring Forward.
Or wait... is it Fall Forward-Spring Back?

Anyway... I have no idea what time it is now in all the other time zones.
GRRRRR :banghead:

DH used to fly to AZ for training and it drove me crazy trying to figure out what time his flight would arrive. :) sometimes you were in MT and sometimes you all were in CT.

I say do away with this clock thing. FGS!

In less than 24 hours we could have a verdict!

SATA
11-06-2011, 04:39 PM
Yep - the man with big plans and a small conscience. And a gf who just needed that one little break to be noticed...http://www.websleuths.com/forums/images/icons/icon8.gif

"The Instrument" is as dumb as they come. I was REPULSED by her when she was on the stand, totally clueless and starstruck, talking about MICHAEL JACKSON almost out of breath.
Hey, lady, your "boy"friend killed Michael Jackson in case you donīt know! Jeeez

Edit to add: and the giggling, the giggling from this silly woman really got to me!

peace9274
11-06-2011, 04:44 PM
Well. Watta-ya-know!
Only Peace, borndem, octobermom, & oceanblueeyes are here!

Rare that the 4 of us are here at the same time!! (just kidding!)

But no. really... all 3 of you must have other lives besides WS.
(I don't. And it's ok.)

You 3 have husbands!
(I don't. And it's wonderful.)

You must have other things to do on a Sunday.
(I do. But I don't want to do them.)

ETA: COOL! I just noticed that more "users" (?) are here now!
(Why does it call us "users"?? :waitasec: )

octobermoon
11-06-2011, 04:55 PM
Well. Watta-ya-know!

(I don't. And it's ok.)

You 3 have husbands!

Mr. October passed in 2004 :(

BTW he would have loved to be called Mr. October :D

CarolinaMoon
11-06-2011, 05:00 PM
I'm here and it's now less than 12 hours wherever you are! Don't ask me to give you the details how I managed to figure that out. All I know is my cats want dinner an hour early! :floorlaugh: Actually, so do I!

I like "falling back" an hour 'cause I get to sleep an extra hour, but I hate that it gets dark by 5 PM.

peace9274
11-06-2011, 05:15 PM
Good Morning (I can say morning - with us gaining the hour LOL)

Thanks for this. I am going to email my daughter this link. She is a peanut butter lover; who loves gluten free products and is a vegan. I read the description of the white chocolate peanut butter as well as some of the others and I know I can thank you in advance for her. She will absolutely love this site!!!!!! I have to ask her if she has ever been to the shop in Greenwich Village. She is an explorer of these types of places. LOL

I also sent her the link to your son's background on that site. She is currently attending Five Town College studying film, with a minor in journalism and broadcasting. :)

BBM

I just read the welcome & history pages at the Five Towns College website.
It looks like a fantastic school! Has your daughter decided what she'll do after or before graduating?

I'm not sure if you saw any of the photos of my son's wedding, but it seems like nearly all the
younger guests are in film, theater, TV, and music production of some sort.. so I know there
really are a lot of opportunities out there. My very best of luck to her!!

outofstatelawyer
11-06-2011, 05:19 PM
[/B]

IIRC, the pastor said in another interview he met CM about a month before trial started. Floored me. :waitasec:

I figured that was probably the answer to the unasked question! The guy was so FOS. And, as peace also mentioned, no mention of Conrad Murray's totally immoral (and non-legal) behavior towards all but one of his children (and I suspect Murray will soon be moving on from Alvarez after he doesn't need a place to stay in LA).

As I said, the source of the courthouse "supporters" was something I'd always wondered about. Now I know.

That advance would have to be pretty large to pay for Murray's defense and his own extravagant lifestyle. The going rate in Houston for a trial of this length would be $100K, cash, upfront. And that would just be Chernoff's fee, not Flanagan's. I cannot imagine that many people would want to see a documentary about Conrad, let alone pay good money to see it.

Well, tomorrow we will have to endure the buzzer panics by HLN again! I suspect we will get a verdict sometime tomorrow though.

peace9274
11-06-2011, 05:23 PM
Mr. October passed in 2004 :(

BTW he would have loved to be called Mr. October :D

OH. I'm so sorry, octobermoon. I do remember you telling us... several times.

My brain is kinda not working today. It's the time change.
I'll use that excuse, even tho AZ does not participate in the
"procedure" of changing clocks.

(Get ready for me to use "admonitions" in a sentence.)

octobermoon
11-06-2011, 05:32 PM
OH. I'm so sorry, octobermoon. I do remember you telling us... several times.

My brain is kinda not working today. It's the time change.
I'll use that excuse, even tho AZ does not participate in the
"procedure" of changing clocks.

(I can't wait to use "admonitions" in a sentence.)

No worries! :)

I wish all of the US would stop changing the clocks!

borndem
11-06-2011, 05:37 PM
Good morning!

You're a Good Skate, Carolina Moon!! Good points up there! You sound as it you've been on a jury, too. It does sound like they are trying hard to be good jurors. And this case does carry a tad of notoriety......

But again I say that the charge, while a felony and serious, is not like 1st or 2nd degree murder. And they probably are not trying to swoon too much on the star-studded side, either. Tuff balance. They just need to remember what a doctor's responsibility is to his patient, the oath he took, and the choices he made regardless of what his patient probably ordered or begged him to do. And I hope they don't forget CM's silent but noticeable acknowledgment of criminality -- to the EMS folks and to the ones to whom CM gave his patient to try to bring him back to life. The "I only gave him an aspirin," defense I call it. Pure sleaze, selfishness, and careless disregard of his debt to a fellow human being. He was a doctor!!! Michael trusted him. And he left him to struggle to try to breathe and then die all by himself. Just like it had been all his life.

He knew the rules and he changed them for $5000.00 a day.

now how did this turn into a rant??? invested?? yes, i am. :rant:

borndem
11-06-2011, 05:54 PM
Well this is so silly but all my life I felt embarassed when someone calls it a 'pee-can.":blushing::blushing:

I guess that is because my great grandmother told me stories about them having to use a pee-can at night when she was growing up.:floorlaugh:

IMO

My grandmother, too, ocean!!! Heck, I've seen a pee-can. My grandmother called it a "slop jar." So there is the North Cackalacky version.

My, we've really gotten a bit home-grown here, huh? And yes, peecan for those best of nuts does sound just like what you said. And walnuts? Never cook with them. I've never bought them. But I have your puhcahns in my fridge right now. I'm never without them. Fry them in a cast iron skillet with salt & butter, and yee-ummm. Good at Christmas, huh?

So glad to hear you and your ribs & spleen are getting along better now! One day at a time, my friend.

And tomorrow -- will that be the day?? Or will we have to wait till Thursday or Friday?? Ack, say it ain't so, Joe! http://www.websleuths.com/forums/images/icons/icon6.gif

Where's our next case, folks? Any ideas? Any trials getting warm out there?

borndem
11-06-2011, 06:26 PM
Carolina - Read your post and thank you for your explanation.

I am one who thought a verdict should have been reached on Friday but then after reading posts by OBE took me back to the 3x I have been a juror and realized in none of them did we deliver a verdict in one day and in all 3 cases - we rendered a guilty verdict. Actually looking back; by the time we elected a foreman, introduced ourselves, familiarized ourselves with the jury instructions and took an initial vote; gave our opinions so we all knew where we agreed; disagreed - the day went pretty quickly from what I recall.

I would think one of the first things they would do after the above; is scrutinize Murray's interview transcript to determine, if in their opinion; he used a drip as that seems to be one of the biggest issues in this case.

bbm

You bring up a good point, Credence, as always, and I hope they do just what you said.

And yes, we do need to give them time to "catch up" -- to discuss all those things/questions that they have all bottled-up in themselves since the first day of the trial. And they couldn't discuss any of them until Friday. That may take a couple of hours, too.

I've never been a juror, but I would think the foreperson could influence things a lot if that were her/his personality. I wouldn't want a waddly wimp for a foreperson, but I wouldn't want an egotistical control freak, either. Especially one with his/her own agenda.
How much does a foreperson influence a jury?

borndem
11-06-2011, 06:36 PM
BBM

I saw the same brief interview, of Vinnie P & CM's Pastor on Friday night.

Vinnie asked the pastor at least 2 questions and I said:
"That poor guy is really scared... or he doesn't know who Conrad Murray is.
They must have the wrong guy on the wrong show!" :waitasec:

IIRC, he just sat there with his mouth open, staring wide-eyed at the camera,
and mumbled after each question was asked. And they weren't hard questions!!
"How is Dr Conrad Murray doing?" & ... uhmm ... I can't even remember the other one!

Where could we find that interview, or whatever it is that it would be called since it doesn't sound much like an interview?? I'd like to see it.
The self-absorbed, self-serving, self-centered doctor. Physician, can't you heal yourself?? Maybe the jailhouse can. Ooohhhh! What a con-man. :furious:

SATA
11-06-2011, 06:43 PM
bbm

You bring up a good point, Credence, as always, and I hope they do just what you said.

And yes, we do need to give them time to "catch up" -- to discuss all those things/questions that they have all bottled-up in themselves since the first day of the trial. And they couldn't discuss any of them until Friday. That may take a couple of hours, too.

I've never been a juror, but I would think the foreperson could influence things a lot if that were her/his personality. I wouldn't want a waddly wimp for a foreperson, but I wouldn't want an egotistical control freak, either. Especially one with his/her own agenda.
How much does a foreperson influence a jury?

Potentionally a lot. It happened in the Casey Anthony trial, and we all know the outcome of that!
Something strange happens to jury members during a case - especially sequestered jurys. They begin doing things at the same time/simultanously. They lean forward at the same time, sit back at the same time, they get synchronized so to speak. I am not sure that is a good thing, because the most dominant personality will take the lead, and the rest will tend to follow that individual and vote as he/she does.
I do have a problem with the jury system - I think there have been too many examples of bad outcomes lately (maybe it has been like that always - I just relatively recently began following trials).

CarolinaMoon
11-06-2011, 06:58 PM
You're a Good Skate, Carolina Moon!! Good points up there! You sound as it you've been on a jury, too. It does sound like they are trying hard to be good jurors. And this case does carry a tad of notoriety......

But again I say that the charge, while a felony and serious, is not like 1st or 2nd degree murder. And they probably are not trying to swoon too much on the star-studded side, either. Tuff balance. They just need to remember what a doctor's responsibility is to his patient, the oath he took, and the choices he made regardless of what his patient probably ordered or begged him to do. And I hope they don't forget CM's silent but noticeable acknowledgment of criminality -- to the EMS folks and to the ones to whom CM gave his patient to try to bring him back to life. The "I only gave him an aspirin," defense I call it. Pure sleaze, selfishness, and careless disregard of his debt to a fellow human being. He was a doctor!!! Michael trusted him. And he left him to struggle to try to breathe and then die all by himself. Just like it had been all his life.

He knew the rules and he changed them for $5000.00 a day.

now how did this turn into a rant??? invested?? yes, i am. :rant:

Actually, I've never made it past voir-dire! Now, I can't serve on a jury due to a medical condition. I get nasty sciatica if I sit for too long and I can't keep in one position for very long either. I didn't know what the problem was when I went, but apparently my constant movement caught the attention of the lawyers. LOL!

But, I've watched a boatload of trials either on Court TV or IS as well as streamed on my computer. I like it best in trials when the jury speaks afterwards or some of the jurors talk about their deliberations on 48 Hours or other program.

I think, to answer Borndem's question, I think the wrong foreman can wreck havoc with a jury. In the first Phil Spector trial which ended with a hung jury, the foreman refused to discuss the case with the other jurors, refused to take votes for a long time, and refused to discuss the reason for his vote. I'm sorry that some other juror didn't slip a note to the judge telling him that the foreman refused to take part in the discussion. He may have been booted for refusing to deliberate and we might have avoided yet another trial.

oceanblueeyes
11-06-2011, 07:13 PM
Well. Watta-ya-know!

(I don't. And it's ok.)

You 3 have husbands!

Now that is a good question. I guess it is because we 'use' this site to voice our opinions. :)

We had a great afternoon. Our son, daughter in law and two of our grandchildren came over and we grilled out. The weather was nice so we all sat out on the patio until the sun went down. Boy I am stuffed now and cant even think about that peanut butter pie.

I am bad about leaving my computer up on this site without closing it out when I leave.:floorlaugh:

Cant hardly wait until we get a verdict in this case but I am trying to be patient.

IMO

oceanblueeyes
11-06-2011, 07:26 PM
My grandmother, too, ocean!!! Heck, I've seen a pee-can. My grandmother called it a "slop jar." So there is the North Cackalacky version.

My, we've really gotten a bit home-grown here, huh? And yes, peecan for those best of nuts does sound just like what you said. And walnuts? Never cook with them. I've never bought them. But I have your puhcahns in my fridge right now. I'm never without them. Fry them in a cast iron skillet with salt & butter, and yee-ummm. Good at Christmas, huh?

So glad to hear you and your ribs & spleen are getting along better now! One day at a time, my friend.

And tomorrow -- will that be the day?? Or will we have to wait till Thursday or Friday?? Ack, say it ain't so, Joe! http://www.websleuths.com/forums/images/icons/icon6.gif

That is my favorite way to have pecans. I have an cast iron skillet that my mom always used. If she had lived today would have been her birthday. She would have been 82 today but she passed away at 57.

Even though I love sweets at Thanksgiving and Christmas I am not a big sweet eater most of the time. My weakness is salty foods. So I love cooking the pecans in the skillet with butter and salt. Yummy!

I don't cook meat loaf often but I have crushed the pecans up real tiny and mixed it in with everything and it gives it such a good roasted flavor.

I even made bacon pecan candy last year. Simple to do. Fry the thin bacon crispy and let it drain well ....then heat chocolate (white or dark) in a double boiler with crushed pecans. Take the slice of bacon and make into three sections and gently dip it in the mixture and lay it out on wax paper. OMG now that was the rave last year here at our house.:floorlaugh:

I am hoping that the case out of Georgia happens sometime the first of next year. It is where Guy Heinz Jr. is accused of murdering 8 of his family members and a three year old boy survived. Or the Gee family murders out of Illinois. That is another horrific case too.

But I am sure one will come up before then that will peak my interest.

IMO

RayStar
11-06-2011, 07:28 PM
The jury should vote not guilty and be done.

peace9274
11-06-2011, 07:41 PM

Hi, RayStar.

I love hearing all points of view and everyone's opinion...
and especially why s/he feels & thinks the way s/he does.

Can you tell us why you think "the jury should vote not guilty and be done"?

What do you mean by "... and be done."?
That they should not do interviews after they give the verdict?

TIA

oceanblueeyes
11-06-2011, 07:48 PM

Why do you think it should be Not Guilty? What makes you think Murray is Not Guilty if I may ask.

I have watched this trial gavel to gavel and IMO this case has been proven beyond any doubt.

The only thing I do not agree with is the DA went with a lesser degree.

I think they should have gone with Murder 2 and lesser includes.

Now I do know that some jurors like the Pinellas 12 exist but I really don't think this jury is that clueless and inept.

IMO

oceanblueeyes
11-06-2011, 07:51 PM
Hi, RayStar.

I love hearing all points of view and everyone's opinion...
and especially why s/he feels & thinks the way s/he does.

Can you tell us why you think "the jury should vote not guilty and be done"?

What do you mean by "... and be done."?
That they should not do interviews after they give the verdict?

TIA

I think they already advised the court before they began deliberating that they were not going to come out and do any interviews afterward.

Thats what I remember reading in an article Friday but cant think of the link now.

IMO

peace9274
11-06-2011, 07:59 PM
Now that is a good question. I guess it is because we 'use' this site to voice our opinions. :)

We had a great afternoon. Our son, daughter in law and two of our grandchildren came over and we grilled out. The weather was nice so we all sat out on the patio until the sun went down. Boy I am stuffed now and cant even think about that peanut butter pie.

I am bad about leaving my computer up on this site without closing it out when I leave.:floorlaugh:

Cant hardly wait until we get a verdict in this case but I am trying to be patient.

IMO

It does sound like you had a wonderful afternoon!!! Spending time with my 3 sons, their wives...
and especially my 2 granddaughters (3 yrs old & 1 yr old) is my favorite thing to do now.
Two sons are in NY and one son with the 2 girls is in RI... and I do miss them! A lot!
I do find a lot of other fun & interesting things to do... but to me, there's nothing like being with family!!

I'm being very patient too. :innocent:
(Anyone know NOW how many hours to go? :banghead:)

ETA: I know what you're all thinking!! :) Don't worry.
I won't tell any long stories about my DGDs.
Nor post any links to photos & videos of them.

You've all graciously, politely, patiently put up with
enough of my bragging & plugging & linking! :silenced:

borndem
11-06-2011, 08:32 PM
Well. Watta-ya-know!

(I don't. And it's ok.)

You 3 have husbands!

Well, we ARE users, but I think "Beautiful People" or "Wonderful Ones" or "Mensa Groop" (yes, g-r-o-o-p), or "Couch Detectives" or "They Shoulda Let Us Do It" would be closer to the troot.http://www.websleuths.com/forums/images/icons/icon10.gif

oceanblueeyes
11-06-2011, 08:33 PM
It does sound like you had a wonderful afternoon!!! Spending time with my 3 sons, their wives...
and especially my 2 granddaughters (3 yrs old & 1 yr old) is my favorite thing to do now.
Two sons are in NY and one son with the 2 girls is in RI... and I do miss them! A lot!
I do find a lot of other fun & interesting things to do... but to me, there's nothing like being with family!!

I'm being very patient too. :innocent:
(Anyone know NOW how many hours to go? :banghead:)

ETA: I know what you're all thinking!! :) Don't worry.
I won't tell any long stories about my DGDs.
Nor post any links to photos & videos of them.

You've all graciously, politely, patiently put up with
enough of my bragging & plugging & linking! :silenced:

You have every reason in the world to brag about your children. They seem to be amazing children.

You are right... there is nothing like family and when all of ours are here it is like grand central station and we just love it.

We have 5 children (1 son-4 daughters) and 9 grands and 3 great grands. 4 of our children are happily married and one daughter is single. We are extremely proud of each and every one of them.

Our son and his family live within 15-20 minutes of us and so does one of our daughters so of course we get to see them much more often and then one lives in Charleston, SC and one north of Atlanta about 200 miles from us and one lives about 2 hours away close to the Florida line.

Plus all of our extended family comes to our home for Thanksgiving and Christmas too so to say the least we have a full house.:woohoo:

I think the countdown for me EST is 15 hours approximately. All I know is I hope they have a verdict by tomorrow. Now that I am on the mend I have so many things I want to do before Thanksgiving and I am waaaay behind.:maddening:

borndem
11-06-2011, 09:08 PM
I figured that was probably the answer to the unasked question! The guy was so FOS. And, as peace also mentioned, no mention of Conrad Murray's totally immoral (and non-legal) behavior towards all but one of his children (and I suspect Murray will soon be moving on from Alvarez after he doesn't need a place to stay in LA).

As I said, the source of the courthouse "supporters" was something I'd always wondered about. Now I know.

That advance would have to be pretty large to pay for Murray's defense and his own extravagant lifestyle. The going rate in Houston for a trial of this length would be $100K, cash, upfront. And that would just be Chernoff's fee, not Flanagan's. I cannot imagine that many people would want to see a documentary about Conrad, let alone pay good money to see it.

Well, tomorrow we will have to endure the buzzer panics by HLN again! I suspect we will get a verdict sometime tomorrow though.

It's probably another "sucker bet," oosl, but I'll go along with you on that. Maybe my faith in the jury is more than it should be, but I think we should hear the 3 special buzzes tomorrow, too. We'll just have to wait & see. Taking that :rollercoaster: ride again .. :gavel: .. to send CM :turkey: to .. :behindbar

Here's to :justice: for Michael tomorrow, folks!!:websleuther:

borndem
11-06-2011, 09:29 PM
Potentionally a lot. It happened in the Casey Anthony trial, and we all know the outcome of that!
Something strange happens to jury members during a case - especially sequestered jurys. They begin doing things at the same time/simultanously. They lean forward at the same time, sit back at the same time, they get synchronized so to speak. I am not sure that is a good thing, because the most dominant personality will take the lead, and the rest will tend to follow that individual and vote as he/she does.
I do have a problem with the jury system - I think there have been too many examples of bad outcomes lately (maybe it has been like that always - I just relatively recently began following trials).

Thanks, SATA -- I rather thought it might be as you said above. And certainly I think we saw it on the CAnthony case. Especially on a jury, I would think, where the jurors had not been on a previous jury. And for that reason, we should not have that problem with the CM case jury... at least one can hope.

I saw it on a jury on a case in NC recently where the jury hung. So we are gonna have a re-trial. Ummm.

On another note: I do wonder, quite often on this case (and many others) -- what does CM really think will happen? Is he that confident of his defense attys' methods & tactics? Is he so arrogantly "up there" that he thinks a conviction is not possible? Or did his facial expressions towards the end of the week betray his misgivings & fear? No way to know, of course, but I do ponder it quite a bit. What is he thinking right now?

And the good man, Walgren -- how does he feel about what he said & didn't say in his closing? "Was it too long? Too short? Should I have asked Shafer a few more questions? Was Chernoff's closing as weak as I initially thought? Should I have used a different word than 'bizarre'?"

Hmmmmm. Maybe we'll know by this time tomorrow night, gang!!

And thanks again, SATA, for your thoughts!

HRCODEPINK
11-06-2011, 09:43 PM
I really wish that I had been able to follow this trial. Coincidentally, I was not because my daughter had some health issues that required surgery and she has sleep apnea so I was too busy worrying about her coming out of the anesthesia to commit to Conrad Murray. I missed most of it, but I know enough to know that I feel comfortable in seeing him found guilty.

I will be really upset if he is not found guilty. I am already mad enough that he will get such a small amount of time, if any that is not on house arrest. I am kinda surprised by those that thing he should be found not guilty.

peace9274
11-06-2011, 10:15 PM
I really wish that I had been able to follow this trial. Coincidentally, I was not because my daughter had some health issues that required surgery and she has sleep apnea so I was too busy worrying about her coming out of the anesthesia to commit to Conrad Murray. I missed most of it, but I know enough to know that I feel comfortable in seeing him found guilty.

I will be really upset if he is not found guilty. I am already mad enough that he will get such a small amount of time, if any that is not on house arrest. I am kinda surprised by those that thing he should be found not guilty.

Hi Miranda! I was wondering if you were going to come here or if you
were watching the trial at all. I hope your daughter is all better now!!

The trial has really been unbelievable! The prosecution team was outstanding.
The defense team was boring and didn't have anything for defending CM nor anything
to prove CM is not guilty, so they instead just blamed every body else, that was involved
in MJ's last days/weeks/months. But I don't think they razzle-dazzled anyone!

This has been a small group, which has been really nice, and most of us have been here since day 1 of the trial.
Since today has been a kind of nothing day, as far as the verdict watch is concerned... we've been just kinda
hanging out.... discussing off-topic stuff & on-topic, too. Well, it's been mainly I've been the one... bragging as
usual about my sons, my granddaughters, and anything else I can get away with! Like I do at FB.

Well, not quite as much.

Every once in a while, one of us will repeat what's been already said a zillion times, during the trial.
Sometimes someone we haven't seen, pops in, says one quick thing about the trial and then leaves...
and doesn't wait around to hear what WE have to say about that!!!

Anyway... I think we're all pretty much unanimous in thinking/knowing that CM is guilty!!

Anyway, it's good to see you here!!

azwriter
11-06-2011, 11:33 PM

Wow, Slop Jar. I haven't heard that term in years. But yep, that's what it was called in the area of the country where I grew up - southwestern Penna.
You just never know what you're going to come across on Websleuths.

azwriter
11-06-2011, 11:43 PM
DH used to fly to AZ for training and it drove me crazy trying to figure out what time his flight would arrive. :) sometimes you were in MT and sometimes you all were in CT.

I say do away with this clock thing. FGS!

In less than 24 hours we could have a verdict!

Hey octobermoon, I live in Arizona, have for 35 years, and we don't even know what time it is. And most of the time, we don't even care.

Only the Navajo nation in the northeast corner of the state changes its clocks twice a year. Think of Indiana, that state is actually split in two when it comes to changing clocks.

I'm looking for a verdict by Tuesday morning.

just my O

borndem
11-07-2011, 01:43 AM
Wow, Slop Jar. I haven't heard that term in years. But yep, that's what it was called in the area of the country where I grew up - southwestern Penna.
You just never know what you're going to come across on Websleuths.

Thanks for validating my existence today, Sister! :rolleyes: Southwestern PA, huh?! How 'bout dat? I didn't expect an "Amen" from someone that far to the North, :eek: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/images/icons/icon7.gif but I'll take it, I'll take it. Mee juana, too.

Okay folks - now for another diversion:

Task: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/images/icons/icon10.gif Use this very southern, and one of my very favorite, words, in a sentence: mommick

Extra credit: Use another very southern colloquialism, momanem
in a sentence.

And do not go lookin' them up anywhere, okay??? Level playing field & all that.

You have 15 minutes.

Talina
11-07-2011, 04:49 AM
Thanks for validating my existence today, Sister! :rolleyes: Southwestern PA, huh?! How 'bout dat? I didn't expect an "Amen" from someone that far to the North, :eek: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/images/icons/icon7.gif but I'll take it, I'll take it. Mee juana, too.

Okay folks - now for another diversion:

Task: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/images/icons/icon10.gif Use this very southern, and one of my very favorite, words, in a sentence: mommick

Extra credit: Use another very southern colloquialism, momanem
in a sentence.

And do not go lookin' them up anywhere, okay??? Level playing field & all that.

You have 15 minutes.

Well, since the 15 minutes were up by the time I saw this (nevermind that I have no idea what either meaning is) :floorlaugh: I did try to look them up and only found one. :waitasec:

Okay now you use each in a sentence. :innocent:

Talina
11-07-2011, 05:16 AM
While I would not have been surprised if the jury had come back with a verdict on Friday, I am actually glad they are taking the time to deliberate. Regardless of their verdict, they will not be accused of not having taken the time to deliberate and that is a good thing.

I still expect a guilty verdict but as we have all said who knows what a jury will do.

I'm not concerned that they have not asked for any testimony to be read back at this point. Many comments were made by reporters that there was a lot of note taking during the trial as well as this being a very attentive jury. As far as the evidence, other than the bio-hazardous evidence, it is all in the jury room with them so no need to ask for any of it unless it is part of the few items not sent back for obvious reasons.

As many of us have pointed out, while a lot of us would have voted guilty the first day of deliberations, we can not forget we have all had quite a while to discuss back and forth throughout the trial any conflicting or question raising testimony and worked our way through it with each other. The jury just started doing that on Friday.

Anyway...my :twocents: as we enter into the 2nd day of jury deliberations.

I look forward to :banghead: with all of you here at WS at the THs nonsensical topics they will try to scrape together as they find reasons to be on the air during the verdict watch.

I'm sure we'll see paparazzi JVM at work again with the crowd outside the courthouse, grinning ear to ear as she recounts it all later in the day for her "exclusive" reporting (while I hear in my head my grandmother saying "use your inside voice please") :rocker:
Of course we'll be treated to the uninformed guests (eg lawyers, experts etc) that will give their "take" on the trial when it is evident they likely didn't watch one day of the actual trial. :rocker:
Sunny Flipflp Hostin who will say she knew it all along when the verdict is read (no matter which way it goes - she has herself covered). :maddening::fence:
Jean Casarez, competing against JVM with her professional reporting :crazy: of the crowd outside the courtroom, who will also give us the minute by minute details of the arrival of family members and will give us everyone's reaction inside and outside the courtroom, not to mention will be corrected as necessary by BK for her inaccurate reporting as time permits; :maddening:
and then we'll finally have Beth Karas to insert some reason into the entire madness of the whole crew. :clap:
(I feel certain I've left someone out)

Talina
11-07-2011, 05:37 AM
Dr. Klein interview over the weekend:

Excerpts:

Klein described three instances in which he said he was involved as interventions to prevent Jackson from getting propofol, although Klein gave no indication of when the incidents occurred.

In the first instance, Klein said he chartered a plane to Las Vegas when he heard Jackson was getting propofol at a hotel where the singer was staying. Klein claimed he threw out the doctor involved to prevent him from giving Jackson the drug.

In another encounter in Hawaii, Klein said he and his nurse slept on the floor of Jackson's room to prevent him from getting propofol from a plastic surgeon.

Klein claimed he once "saved" Jackson in New York when another doctor administered propofol, combined with another drug. It made Jackson go "running down the street," Klein said.

Read more: http://www.wesh.com/entertainment/29697734/detail.html#ixzz1d0jFqZ4W

21merc7
11-07-2011, 06:54 AM
Good grief! I stop by for a check in and find conversations about puh-cans; pee-cans; slop jars; and some "m" words I cannot pronounce and have never heard before. (Can someone explain those? The curious are waiting.) :floorlaugh: My grandmother had pee-can up to the day she passed, it was gross. She would just toss the contents in the back yard. She also liked puh-cans, but never had a slop jar. ;)
I'm afraid that after all the time spent on WS, the US may have an entirely new way of spelling nearly every word in the dictionary. :crazy:

oceanblueeyes
11-07-2011, 08:31 AM
Good morning my WS buddies!:seeya:

A little news to start the day. I see the PR campaign for Murray is back in action.

Dr. Conrad Murray's Latest Defense Strategy: Praying

An eyewitness tells E! News exclusively that Murray, along with his girlfriend Nicole Alvarez, attended the 11 a.m. worship service at West Angeles Church on Crenshaw Boulevard. But during the sermon, Murray apparently felt like he had to run.

Read more: http://www.eonline.com/news/dr_conrad_murrays_latest_defense/273628#ixzz1d1QyPODp

Talina
11-07-2011, 08:45 AM
Good morning my WS buddies!:seeya:

A little news to start the day. I see the PR campaign for Murray is back in action.

Dr. Conrad Murray's Latest Defense Strategy: Praying

An eyewitness tells E! News exclusively that Murray, along with his girlfriend Nicole Alvarez, attended the 11 a.m. worship service at West Angeles Church on Crenshaw Boulevard. But during the sermon, Murray apparently felt like he had to run.

Read more: http://www.eonline.com/news/dr_conrad_murrays_latest_defense/273628#ixzz1d1QyPODp

From the same article:

At one rather spirited point in the service, Murray got up from his seat and "ran around the church" with friends after the minister urged churchgoers who needed "a change in their life" to get up and run around the sanctuary.

"He had his hands up in the air and did a lap," says our eyewitness.

and

the Pastor tells him he can have Hollywood without Jesus, but if he has Jesus and Hollywood, he has it going on. ??? What kind of minister is this? Is this the same one that was making the rounds at the talks shows last week?

Read more: http://www.eonline.com/news/dr_conrad_murrays_latest_defense/273628#ixzz1d1U91tKK

oceanblueeyes
11-07-2011, 08:56 AM
From the same article:

At one rather spirited point in the service, Murray got up from his seat and "ran around the church" with friends after the minister urged churchgoers who needed "a change in their life" to get up and run around the sanctuary.

and

the Pastor tells him he can have Hollywood without Jesus, but if he has Jesus and Hollywood, he has it going on. ??? What kind of minister is this? Is this the same one that was making the rounds at the talks shows last week?

Read more: http://www.eonline.com/news/dr_conrad_murrays_latest_defense/273628#ixzz1d1U91tKK

Yes, that is the one, imo.

And I bet he sold the picture and story to E-online too.

I guess he means as long as Murray goes to church he can hawk his documentary in Hollywood.:maddening:

Talina
11-07-2011, 09:03 AM
HLN is saying the entire sit down interview with Jean Casarez and Dr. Klein will air this morning on IS at 9am EST.

Talina
11-07-2011, 09:06 AM
I just had a thought. Haven't we seen reports that CM has been working with the people making his documentary for quite some time now? If so, would that violate the gag order issued by Judge Pastor?

peace9274
11-07-2011, 09:07 AM
From the same article:

and

BBM

Good Morning to everybody! :seeya:

And a special thanx to those of you who spent some time here with me yesterday...
and helped me get through this waiting time!!! :) It was fun!!

Re CM's pastor during the service: After looking at the photo in the article linked above....

... to me, he does not look like the same guy that was with Vinnie P on HLN Friday night.
The pastor on with VP had more hair, was thinner, and IMO, younger.

So, like I said yesterday... maybe it WAS the wrong guy on the wrong show!

ETA: Will we be starting a new thread, as in 'Verdict Watch - Day 2'... or keep this one going?

RayStar
11-07-2011, 09:10 AM
Bottom Line MJ wanted to go to see and so he did.

Talina
11-07-2011, 09:10 AM
Has anyone heard what time the jury is supposed to reconvene for deliberations this morning?

Talina
11-07-2011, 09:12 AM

Can you please elaborate? Perhaps I just need more coffee this morning but I have no idea what you mean. :waitasec:

Talina
11-07-2011, 09:16 AM
BBM

And a special thanx to those of you who spent some time here with me yesterday...

Re CM's pastor during the service: After looking at the photo in the article linked above....

... to me, he does not look like the same guy that was with Vinnie P on HLN Friday night.

ETA: Will we be starting a new thread, as in 'Verdict Watch - Day 2'... or keep this one going?

My vote is to just keep this one going.

peace9274
11-07-2011, 09:17 AM
Yes, that is the one, imo.

And I bet he sold the picture and story to E-online too.

I guess he means as long as Murray goes to church he can hawk his documentary in Hollywood.:maddening:

BBM

LOL - Well, you know what they say about 2 people looking at the exact same thing. :waitasec:

peace9274
11-07-2011, 09:19 AM

Here's a 2nd vote for keeping this one going.

peace9274
11-07-2011, 09:27 AM

Hi again, RayStar. I need an explanation of this, also.

And would still love to know why you think the jurors should just say the verdict is not guilty....

.... and to know what you mean by "and be done with it".

Thanx in advance

oceanblueeyes
11-07-2011, 09:33 AM
BBM

LOL - Well, you know what they say about 2 people looking at the exact same thing. :waitasec:

I need more Coke Classic this morning!:floorlaugh:

A lot of churches have a Pastor and an Associate Pastor and they can even have a visiting Pastor. So you are right the guy at the front wasnt the Pastor on Vinnie's show.

What I meant to say............:blushing: was I think this is the church of the Pastor who spoke out last week who sidestepped all of Vinnie's questions about Murray having so many children out there by so many different women.:floorlaugh:

IMO

oceanblueeyes
11-07-2011, 09:35 AM
Has anyone heard what time the jury is supposed to reconvene for deliberations this morning?

I think they are supposed to be there by 8:30.

IMO

oceanblueeyes
11-07-2011, 09:40 AM
HLN is saying the entire sit down interview with Jean Casarez and Dr. Klein will air this morning on IS at 9am EST.

I find this so offensive. I don't think any interviews should be held until a verdict comes in.

This is not a sequestered jury and Jean has been in the pocket of the defense ever since the CA trial so is she hoping one of the jurors sees this?:banghead:

Talina
11-07-2011, 09:44 AM
I find this so offensive. I don't think any interviews should be held until a verdict comes in.

This is not a sequestered jury and Jean has been in the pocket of the defense ever since the CA trial so is she hoping one of the jurors sees this?:banghead:

I agree with you. This could have waited. I did expect we'd hear from Dr. Klein once the trial was over but I expected it would wait until the verdict.

I have heard some of the clips from the interview on HLN and for the life of me I can hardly understand a thing Dr. Klein says.

CarolinaMoon
11-07-2011, 09:48 AM
Vote #3 to keep this thread going. I feel nice and comfy here. Lots of interesting talk of pee-cans!

oceanblueeyes
11-07-2011, 09:51 AM
Vote #3 to keep this thread going. I feel nice and comfy here. Lots of interesting talk of pee-cans!

I vote to keep it here too.

IMO

oceanblueeyes
11-07-2011, 10:41 AM
Wow I must say Klein is making a lot of sense and he is blasting Murray and the defense for trying to make him the villain when he wasnt.

IMO

Talina
11-07-2011, 10:44 AM
Wow I must say Klein is making a lot of sense and he is blasting Murray and the defense for trying to make him the villain when he wasnt.

IMO

I agree, he is making a lot of sense with what he is saying.

He is also one angry man, with good reason if what he is saying is true.

IMO

borndem
11-07-2011, 10:45 AM
I just had a thought. Haven't we seen reports tha t CM has been working with the people making his documentary for quite some time now? If so, would that violate the gag order issued by Judge Pastor?

Good flippin' questions, Talina!! But CM may feel he is exempt because he is special.

borndem
11-07-2011, 10:56 AM

Good Morning, People -

I agree, Talina, I would like to keep it here unless there's a limit on size vs. accessibility, etc., etc., on having a long thread.

Bulky? Easier to access a smaller one? Better balance? Risk of loss? (Not trying to paint a negative thought because this is a very common and dependable type format/system, IMO) No idea. I have seen Mods go and set a new thread for this type thing, but I do no know, other than convenience -- maybe -- why it was done.

Talina
11-07-2011, 10:59 AM
Good Morning, People -

I agree, Talina, I would like to keep it here unless there's a limit on size vs. accessibility, etc., etc., on having a long thread.

Bulky? Easier to access a smaller one? Better balance? Risk of loss? (Not trying to paint a negative thought because this is a very common and dependable type format/system, IMO) No idea. I have seen Mods go and set a new thread for this type thing, but I do no know, other than convenience -- maybe -- why it was done.

We're only at page 15 so far and until we get far beyond where we are now, I don't think we'll run into any problems. I think (and I could be wrong) is that when a thread gets a lot of pages and becomes a large file, it takes longer to load and update when you post. But like I said, I believe we are far from that happening right now.

IMO

borndem
11-07-2011, 11:04 AM
We're only at page 15 so far and until we get far beyond where we are now, I don't think we'll run into any problems. I think (and I could be wrong) is that when a thread gets a lot of pages and becomes a large file, it takes longer to load and update when you post. But like I said, I believe we are far from that happening right now.

IMO

Yes, you're right -- There's lots of threads in WS with 30+ pages. We should be in good shape, and who knows?? "It" may be over soon...

I'm so superstitious, and invested, in this thing, I kinda like making as few changes as possible. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/images/icons/icon9.gif

ETA: Plus, if we start a new thread, it could mommick things up, and we don't need to be doing that at this point of the trial.

peace9274
11-07-2011, 11:07 AM
I agree, he is making a lot of sense with what he is saying.

He is also one angry man, with good reason if what he is saying is true.

IMO

Are you watching the interview with Dr Klein on InSessions?
The one mentioned a few posts ago?

InSessions doesn't come on here in AZ until 10 am now... GRRRR
It used to come on at 9 am, until the clocks were changed. :crazy:

Since AZ doesn't change the clocks, most TV programs are now on at different times than they were last week!! :crazy:

CA & AZ are no longer the same time. :crazy:

I'll eventually get the times all figured out and when my TV shows come on and which states are ahead & who's behind... :crazy:
but it will be April by then, and time to change the clocks again... but not for AZ! :crazy:

I just noticed HLN is showing small snips of the Dr Klein interview.

Talina
11-07-2011, 11:21 AM
Are you watching the interview with Dr Klein on InSessions?
The one mentioned a few posts ago?

InSessions doesn't come on here in AZ until 10 am now... GRRRR
It used to come on at 9 am, until the clocks were changed. :crazy:

Since AZ doesn't change the clocks, most TV programs are now on at different times than they were last week!! :crazy:

CA & AZ are no longer the same time. :crazy:

I'll eventually get the times all figured out and when my TV shows come on and which states are ahead & who's behind... :crazy:
but it will be April by then, and time to change the clocks again... but not for AZ! :crazy:

I just noticed HLN is showing small snips of the Dr Klein interview.

Yes. InSesssions has been on here for over an hour. They've shown quite a bit of the interview, if not all of it.

borndem
11-07-2011, 11:21 AM
Have they started announcing folks arriving at the Courthouse yet?

I wonder if MJ's mother and family are going to go the the courthouse today or will just stay in the local hotel where they apparently went yesterday. This must be so awful on his mother. I am itchy for the MJ bio to get here so that I can possibly get a feel for the family dynamic while the J-5 were growing up. Was he an autocrat over the kids, and mom said nothing, or did she feel the same way? And are Mr. & Mrs. Jackson living together still?

If anyone knows.
----------------------------------------------------------
On the lighter side:

Okay - as to "momanem" -- It's a colloquialism for "mother and family," as in:

"How's your momanem doing?" Not in wide use...

Talina
11-07-2011, 11:40 AM

I wonder if MJ's mother and family are going to go the the courthouse today or will just stay in the local hotel where they apparently went yesterday. This must be so awful on his mother. I am itchy for the MJ bio to get here so that I can possibly get a feel for the family dynamic while the J-5 were growing up. Was he an autocrat over the kids, and mom said nothing, or did she feel the same way? And are Mr. & Mrs. Jackson living together still?

If anyone knows.
On the lighter side:

BBM

They are still married but have not lived together for a very long time.

peace9274
11-07-2011, 11:43 AM

If anyone knows.
On the lighter side:

BBM LOL :floorlaugh:

The last I heard Mr J was living in Las Vegas.

Mrs J was in California.

I remember right after MJ's death, Mr J would be briefly on talk shows,
or he'd be a crowd going into MJ's memorial service, or other events, etc.
And he always seemed to be loud and so angry... and at times appeared
to be slurring his words, not making too much sense. But he was always
talking about his son, wanting everyone to know that MJ was murdered.
That MJ's doctor killed him.

I remember thinking that he was embarrassing the family and would be best to not talk to the media.

But in fact, as it turned out, I think it was Mr J's anger & persistance, and how adament he was...
that got the ball rolling with getting the family autopsy, the investigation... the LE interviews, CM's
charges, the trial, and everything else... right up to today.

Oldsoul2
11-07-2011, 12:14 PM
BBM LOL :floorlaugh:

The last I heard Mr J was living in Las Vegas.

Mrs J was in California.

I remember right after MJ's death, Mr J would be briefly on talk shows,
or he'd be a crowd going into MJ's memorial service, or other events, etc.
And he always seemed to be loud and so angry... and at times appeared
to be slurring his words, not making too much sense. But he was always
talking about his son, wanting everyone to know that MJ was murdered.
That MJ's doctor killed him.

I remember thinking that he was embarrassing the family and would be best to not talk to the media.

But in fact, as it turned out, I think it was Mr J's anger & persistance, and how adament he was...
that got the ball rolling with getting the family autopsy, the investigation... the LE interviews, CM's
charges, the trial, and everything else... right up to today.

IMO Mr J was always the brute force behind the jacksons stardom and they were a religious family as well, where IMO, always went the way HE wanted it to be. HIS image and his ego is apparent. He is embarassed by MJ's use of drugs, his reputation being tainted even after death as I hate to say this but believe there is still alot of money to be made off his son and CM gave him the perfect excuse to point the finger even though CM's actions are in reality not right and he should definitely pay a price for it, CM was an enabler of a problem that already existed. MR J's graver problem is that, that reflects on him and his abuse of MJ.

outofstatelawyer
11-07-2011, 12:17 PM
One thing I despise as much as Conspiracy Theorists are those who use religion, ANY religion, as a weapon. Conrad Murray proves, once again, that he is a despicable human being.

outofstatelawyer
11-07-2011, 12:19 PM
If you just listen to the audio, Arnold Klein sounds like Larry Flynt!!!

Talina
11-07-2011, 12:25 PM

I find Dr. Klein very difficult to understand. Is it just me or does he have some sort of speech impediment?

IMO

outofstatelawyer
11-07-2011, 12:27 PM
I find Dr. Klein very difficult to understand. Is it just me or does he have some sort of speech impediment?

IMO

No idea. Maybe that's how Galileo sounded too! :floorlaugh:

peace9274
11-07-2011, 12:32 PM

I agree!

Kinda looks like him, too. Kinda.

peace9274
11-07-2011, 12:41 PM

IMO

BBM

Not just you, I too find that he doesn't enunciate his words very well.

I looked up at the TV to see if he could be drugged, if he had something in his mouth, etc.

If I had made an appointment to have him give me botox injections, or perform another cosmetic
procedure/surgery on me AND if I'd never seen him before nor heard that he was very good...
I'm not sure I would stay much longer, after he walked into the room and began talking to me. :waitasec:

peace9274
11-07-2011, 12:46 PM
J V-M just said she has 16 yrs sobriety. I thought I heard her say several months ago that she had
12 or 13 yrs sobriety. Anyone know for sure? Not that it matters. Just thinking out loud!!! Making
small talk. Finding ways to stay occupied (& preoccupied!) with stuff while waiting for the verdict!! :)

CarolinaMoon
11-07-2011, 01:02 PM
Listening on and off to Klein on IS.... I agree that if what he says is true, he's been used, BIG TIME. Oh, and he does have an ego as big as Los Angeles, as well.

Peace, I also notice that JVM's years of sobriety have moved rather quickly as of late. I thought she was coming up on 15, IIRC what she's said forever. Seems to have jumped a year.

Thundar
11-07-2011, 01:04 PM
You guys have been on and off here all weekend. And little ole me taking care of real life crap didn't check in, and I missed it until today. But it made for an interesting read this morning. Thank you one and all.

I am getting impatient for the verdict, but then once it comes down I will have to find another case to keep myself occupied. I wonder what trial InSessions will cover next?

Thundar
11-07-2011, 01:14 PM
J V-M just said she has 16 yrs sobriety. I thought I heard her say several months ago that she had
12 or 13 yrs sobriety. Anyone know for sure? Not that it matters. Just thinking out loud!!! Making
small talk. Finding ways to stay occupied (& preoccupied!) with stuff while waiting for the verdict!! :)

Here's an article from August 2008 that says she was sober for more than 13 years, so I would guess now it is more than 16 years. Seems longer because she brings it up so many times on her show, and NG's show since DWTS is on.

http://www.thesavvygal.com/jane-velez-mitchells-passion-for-the-planet/

Isabelle
11-07-2011, 01:16 PM

IMO

He definitely should have been a witness, considering he is saying he was out of the country for the period of time that Michael was given the larger Demerol doses and that Defense didn't reveal MD signatures on records!

borndem
11-07-2011, 01:16 PM
...... :floorlaugh: .. .:silly: "Sunny Flipflp Hostin" ......:silly: :floorlaugh:

Talina, you take the cake, Baby!! Priceless!!

You nailed it. :great:

outofstatelawyer
11-07-2011, 01:17 PM
BBM

Not just you, I too find that he doesn't enunciate his words very well.

I looked up at the TV to see if he could be drugged, if he had something in his mouth, etc.

If I had made an appointment to have him give me botox injections, or perform another cosmetic
procedure/surgery on me AND if I'd never seen him before nor heard that he was very good...
I'm not sure I would stay much longer, after he walked into the room and began talking to me. :waitasec:

If y'all are looking for something to read while you wait, following is a link to a Vanity Fair article that was written about that woman who sued Dr. Klein (and Allergan) for those botox injections he was giving her for migranes. She lost the case, and I'm sure I read another article in VF about that too, but I cannot find it now. In any event, the article gives a good bit of background on Klein. I found it an interesting read, even the second time!

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/features/2003/05/celebrity-dermatologist-200305

borndem
11-07-2011, 01:20 PM
BBM

BBM

Loved every minnit of it, peace!!

Thundar
11-07-2011, 01:25 PM
CNNonline has the video up of waiting for the verdict, it's a picture of the courthouse.

They also have an article about today.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/11/07/justice/california-conrad-murray-trial/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

"Los Angeles (CNN) -- Jurors in the involuntary manslaughter trial of Michael Jackson's doctor returned to the downtown Los Angeles County courthouse for a second day of deliberations Monday."

"Katherine and Joe Jackson, the singer's parents, were expected to wait with other family members at a hotel near the courthouse so they could get there quickly when jurors say they have reached a decision."

joe jones
11-07-2011, 01:29 PM
did not see Klien interview, anybody give me a brief synopsis of what he said

peace9274
11-07-2011, 01:31 PM
Here's an article from August 2008 that says she was sober for more than 13 years, so I would guess now it is more than 16 years. Seems longer because she brings it up so many times on her show, and NG's show since DWTS is on.

http://www.thesavvygal.com/jane-velez-mitchells-passion-for-the-planet/

Thanks, Thundar! :)
I guess I should have looked it up myself, before I insinuated anything. :)

borndem
11-07-2011, 01:38 PM
IMO Mr J was always the brute force behind the jacksons stardom and they were a religious family as well, where IMO, always went the way HE wanted it to be. HIS image and his ego is apparent. He is embarassed by MJ's use of drugs, his reputation being tainted even after death as I hate to say this but believe there is still alot of money to be made off his son and CM gave him the perfect excuse to point the finger even though CM's actions are in reality not right and he should definitely pay a price for it, CM was an enabler of a problem that already existed. MR J's graver problem is that, that reflects on him and his abuse of MJ.

bbm
Thanks, O'soul -- that was my impression, too, of Mr. J. I felt that all of the rest of the J's (mom included) had learned to just let him take charge, period. He obviously worked hard at getting them exposure, and it paid off, but it my experience, most of the time, really big talent surfaces in spite of so many adverse conditions, lack of exposure, etc., etc. We've seen it historically and in our time.

So, anyway, MJ was pushed out there while he was still a little bud on the vine, and he handled it the best way he could. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/images/icons/icon9.gif Until he gave it over to a :snake: and a :rubberducky: (honey, what does a duck say??)

outofstatelawyer
11-07-2011, 01:45 PM
Oh boy, I see that IS had the Pastor of the Church of the Incarnate Word Salad on again.

peace9274
11-07-2011, 01:45 PM
did not see Klien interview, anybody give me a brief synopsis of what he said

Interview with Klein: (It's not in order... because for me, the interview is shown in clips.
Klein did the interview, b/c he wanted to let the world know that he did nothing wrong. Klein is very angry.)

"I did not give MJ the amount of demerol the defense said he received. I was out of the country."

"It may have been other independent docs, who work in the same facility that I work. "

"The signatures of other docs, on the doc notes were covered or blackened."

"They pointed the finger at me so they could get CM off.
I'm well known, I'm bigger than life."

"MJ was not addicted to demerol.
I never gave him enough to get him addicted
He would have had to take it every 6 hrs, if he was."

"Propofol should never have been given in the home."

May be added to by others. :)

Thundar
11-07-2011, 01:52 PM
Interview with Klein: (It's not in order... because for me, the interview is shown in clips.
Klein did the interview, b/c he wanted to let the world know that he did nothing wrong. Klein is very angry.)

"I did not give MJ the amount of demerol the defense said he received. I was out of the country."

"It may have been other independent docs, who work in the same facility that I work. "

"The signatures of other docs, on the doc notes were covered or blackened."

"They pointed the finger at me so they could get CM off.
I'm well known, I'm bigger than life."

"MJ was not addicted to demerol.
I never gave him enough to get him addicted
He would have had to take it every 6 hrs, if he was."

"Propofol should never have been given in the home."

May be added to by others. :)

BBM

Did Dr. Klien really say that? Holy Crap, he does have one large ego, doesn't he? I haven't seen any of that interview yet, but I am sure I will if I turn on InSessions at noon. Thanks for posting that part.

21merc7
11-07-2011, 01:55 PM
BBM

Did Dr. Klien really say that? Holy Crap, he does have one large ego, doesn't he? I haven't seen any of that interview yet, but I am sure I will if I turn on InSessions at noon. Thanks for posting that part.

Psssttt...I think Klien listened to the Beatles more than MJ.....:innocent:

peace9274
11-07-2011, 01:58 PM
Klein Interview:

"MJ was the most talented person that ever lived."

"He gave joy so to many children... Ryan White, he helped him so much." (and aids awareness, laws, etc)

"He was most happiest giving to people, being with his children.
He was sweet, generous, loving. Just appreciate him and love him when you listen to his music."

Jean Casaras said that Klein said that MJ's family will not talk to him. He's tried to talk to them,
but they refuse to. He does not know why.

MJ had a bedroom in Klein's home. He came for dinner and spent the night.

Klein showed personal photos of MJ, etc.

J Casaras (talking to another TH, not during the interview with Klein):
"He seemed to be somewhat inconsistent, at times.. like when he was talking about when MJ was having his face rebuilt.
He always wanted the very best, so he wanted Dr Klein. So why did MJ go to other docs while Klein was in Europe... ?"

peace9274
11-07-2011, 02:03 PM
CNNonline has the video up of waiting for the verdict, it's a picture of the courthouse.

They also have an article about today.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/11/07/justice/california-conrad-murray-trial/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

"Los Angeles (CNN) -- Jurors in the involuntary manslaughter trial of Michael Jackson's doctor returned to the downtown Los Angeles County courthouse for a second day of deliberations Monday."

"Katherine and Joe Jackson, the singer's parents, were expected to wait with other family members at a hotel near the courthouse so they could get there quickly when jurors say they have reached a decision."

Thanks, Thundar...

TMZ has their livestream screen up, also (with the CA great seal).

Here's the link:

http://www.tmz.com/2011/11/07/conrad-murray-michael-jackson-livestream/#.Trgcr0Mg_UA

MsFacetious
11-07-2011, 02:07 PM
Just housekeeping... wonderful. I really dislike housekeeping.

https://twitter.com/#!/abc7MurrayTrial

Juries just buzzed twice (which could be a questions or break) but bailiff said it was just a matter of housekeeping. Nothing special.

Cortne
11-07-2011, 02:11 PM
The only thing I noted from the Dr Klein interview was somebody forgot to tell him to remove the marbles from his mouth beforehand.

Shrug

peace9274
11-07-2011, 02:13 PM
Just housekeeping... wonderful. I really dislike housekeeping.

Juries just buzzed twice (which could be a questions or break) but bailiff said it was just a matter of housekeeping. Nothing special.

@abc7MurrayTrial
ABC7 Murray Trial

"Jurors buzzed because they needed more toilet paper and paper towels for their bathroom.

They are still deliberating, though. No break yet."

4 minutes ago via Twitter for iPad

MsFacetious
11-07-2011, 02:19 PM
Literally housekeeping huh?
You would think that someone would just put a case of TP in there and an extra roll of paper towels. At least I would if I was in charge of that.
I would prevent every possible reason for a buzzer that I could think of! Band-aids, drinks, food, toiletries, etc.

peace9274
11-07-2011, 02:23 PM
Klein Interview:

"MJ never staggered, he never staggered out of my office."

"I am angry.
They tried to destroy my life."

"Where did he find this CM man?"

"We have to look at this, how did this tragedy happen?"

(Klein talks very fast, mumbles a lot, it's hard to keep up with him)

The main things in the interview that Klein stressed:

Klein loved MJ.
He thought MJ was the most caring, most talented, most loving man that ever lived.
Klein waited till jurors went to deliberation, he was angry through-out the trial.
Klein was made scape-goat to get CM off.
Klein was out of US when defense said MJ got demerol from Klein.
MJ was not addicted to demerol.
MJ's family won't talk to Klein. He wishes they would.
MJ was happiest when with his children.

Turtles
11-07-2011, 02:59 PM
Insession just stated 3 buzzers, possibly a verdict.

CarolinaMoon
We have a verdict (IS Michael Christian reporting). There were 3 buzzes about a minute ago.

You beat me to it Turtles! I hope it isn't a mistake!

octobermoon
Three buzzes!!!

peace9274
11-07-2011, 03:02 PM
"We have a verdict"

cece5300
11-07-2011, 03:02 PM
Oh my gosh! So we have to wait 2 hours now?

MsFacetious
11-07-2011, 03:04 PM
Lindsey Lohan did 4 hours of her 30 day sentence.

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2011/11/07/lindsay-lohan-and-out-jail

Even if CM got a full 4 years... he wouldn't do any significant time....

So I guess I can use that to reassure myself if this isn't a guilty verdict... "he wouldn't have done any major time anyway..."

I know... the conviction and all of that would be good, but I'm just preparing in case we have a repeat of Florida.

Turtles
11-07-2011, 03:04 PM
We have a verdict (IS Michael Christian reporting). There were 3 buzzes about a minute ago.

You beat me to it Turtles! I hope it isn't a mistake!

BBM
Me too, nothing official yet.

Credence
11-07-2011, 03:05 PM
"We have a verdict"

Keeping my fingers crossed - two hours grrr

oceanblueeyes
"We have a verdict!!!"

OH my gosh I am so nervous!

I pray it is a guilty verdict.

I have been trying to paint this morning but have been glued to the TV.

IMO

peace9274
The courtroom is being cleared ... there is a flexible 2 hour window.
May be shorter if everyone is in place.

Jane V-M:

"The crowd outside is very emotional. Smart phones out here went off all at once."

joe jones
11-07-2011, 03:06 PM
I was afraid of hung jury but an now optimistic for a guilty verdict, they either were close or had agreed on guilty on Friday but it is so high profile and has been a long trial that they decided to give themselves the weekend to think it over and come back today and reaffirm they were in agreement he is guilty,

imawitch
11-07-2011, 03:08 PM
Hi all, just found out via insessions a verdict is in...

im here, waiting..

Cortne
11-07-2011, 03:10 PM
Either way I may just cry a river. No winners here. :( :(

BetteDavisEyes
11-07-2011, 03:12 PM
I try to not get overly emotional about verdicts, but my heart started pounding as I called DH to let him know that a verdict would come down within the next two hours. Methinks I need a glass of wine to calm my nerves ;)

peace9274
11-07-2011, 03:13 PM

IMO

I think I would've waited & taken one more free lunch. :)

imawitch
11-07-2011, 03:14 PM
I try to not get overly emotional about verdicts, but my heart started pounding as I called DH to let him know that a verdict would come down within the next two hours. Methinks I need a glass of wine to calm my nerves ;)

its 5 o clock some where...

jmho

Credence
11-07-2011, 03:15 PM
I think I would've waited & taken one more free lunch. :)

LMBO :floorlaugh: I think they will get lunch because we still have two hours. Probably will take it and be back before 4

21merc7
11-07-2011, 03:16 PM
Talking with a friend about it this morning, she has not really kept up, she watches the evening entertainment news for any info. She agreed there is no way anyone could think the doctor is not guilty. Complete reckless and foolish behaviour. We also discussed addiction, and docs that write scrips to the addicted with full knowledge. As I pointed out, those docs should not be practicing either, but at least they did not take it so far as to force the addicted to swallow, or to inject the addicted in their own bedroom. Just no way around a guilty verdict.

My only concern with the jury would be if they are unwilling to give him jail time. I don't know how they would vote on that.

Cortne
11-07-2011, 03:16 PM

Good idea.

:(

For real I may have a nervous break down lol. MJ was my saving grace growing up. Please get it right jury!!

peace9274
11-07-2011, 03:17 PM
The livestream screen at TMZ is showing the crowd outside the courtroom.

Camera is also focused on curbside, waiting for MJ's family members & others to arrive.

Here's the link:

http://www.tmz.com/2011/11/07/conrad-murray-michael-jackson-livestream/#.TrgdoEMg_UB

Cortne
11-07-2011, 03:18 PM
Talking with a friend about it this morning, she has not really kept up, she watches the evening entertainment news for any info. She agreed there is no way anyone could think the doctor is not guilty. Complete reckless and foolish behaviour. We also discussed addiction, and docs that write scrips to the addicted with full knowledge. As I pointed out, those docs should not be practicing either, but at least they did not take it so far as to force the addicted to swallow, or to inject the addicted in their own bedroom. Just no way around a guilty verdict.

My only concern with the jury would be if they are unwilling to give him jail time. I don't know how they would vote on that.

I agree, I worry there will be no jail time IF there is a guilty verdict.

MsFacetious
Watch verdict live:

Live now outside: http://www.tmz.com/2011/11/07/conrad-murray-michael-jackson-livestream/#.Trgcr0Mg_UA

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/livenow?id=8366366

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/live

abc7MurrayTrial ABC7 Murray Trial

We have a verdict!!!! Read in 2 hours!

joe jones
Either way I may just cry a river. No winners here. :( :(

I think for the family it may bring a little peace, for his children especially Paris and Prince - whose final memories of there father must haunt them - this will bring them some resolution, they will now know who and what was responsible for there fathers death

and any lingering concerns or rumours or stories they have had to listen to since he died will be resolved, if it is guilty no longer will they have to live with the allegations that there father administered the fatal dose

just being able to say we know who did it and we know why will make accepting his death and learning to live with just memories a tad easier

21merc7
11-07-2011, 03:21 PM
I agree, I worry there will be no jail time IF there is a guilty verdict.

Oh, I don't remember what the choices are for the charges. I just don't know how the jurors will feel about jail time. I think loss of medical license forever in the US would be a good start, but that may not be a choice.

If he gets jail time, he does. If not, he doesn't. I'm not worried about that. I've actually seen people get more jail time than is being asked here for accidental death in auto accidents, a.k.a. manslaughter in whichever varying degree the prosecution puts forth. Just the practicing medicine ever again, that worries me.

Credence
11-07-2011, 03:22 PM
If guilty, will he be taken into custody?

Since we know CA jails are overcrowded - he may not get jail time but I certainly hope the Medical Boards jump on revoking his licenses immediately!!!!!

azwriter
11-07-2011, 03:23 PM
I want to hear the word "Guilty."

just my O

21merc7
11-07-2011, 03:25 PM
If guilty, will he be taken into custody?

Since we know CA jails are overcrowded - he may not get jail time but I certainly hope the Medical Boards jump on revoking his licenses immediately!!!!!

BBM

IDK, his attorneys may ask for time for him to get some life issues in order, or they may wait for a sentencing hearing. Guess we'll find out soon!

He really needs his medical license revoked, for good. JMO.

Velouria
11-07-2011, 03:27 PM
I just hope that if there IS a guilty verdict that CM is remanded and not allowed to remain free on bond pending his appeal. No doubt Chernoff already has an appellate lawyer busily writing up an appeal based on the judge's failure to sequester the jury, just for starters...:rolleyes:

BetteDavisEyes
11-07-2011, 03:28 PM
In memory of the late, great MJ:

Michael Jackson Memorial - Jennifer Hudson "Will you be there" - YouTube

Cortne
11-07-2011, 03:29 PM
OOO to be a fly in Conrads head...

peace9274
11-07-2011, 03:29 PM
ANYONE KNOW?

Is there a set length of time, after a trial, deliberations, announcing the verdict,
& watching the THs... that one is able to wait before doing housework?

Or is just what one can get away with?

Velouria
11-07-2011, 03:30 PM
OOO to be a fly in Conrads head...

Is THAT why he's always scratching it? :eek:

Credence
11-07-2011, 03:31 PM
This is gonna be a looooooong two hours.

Credence
11-07-2011, 03:32 PM

LMBO :floorlaugh: From his head to his nose.

Cortne
11-07-2011, 03:33 PM
:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

21merc7
11-07-2011, 03:33 PM
ANYONE KNOW?

Is there a set length of time, after a trial, deliberations, announcing the verdict,
& watching the THs... that one is able to wait before doing housework?

Or is just what one can get away with?

Hahaha, I don't have the problem, however here are some hints I have learned reading along in other trials here.

Spray whatever bathroom cleaner in toilet, spray furniture polish in air, spray febreeze on carpet. There are more, if I think of them will come back with them. I think the spraying of the cleaner gives the aroma that you cleaned. Don't forget shove everything under the bed, in the closet, in the laundry basket, all done within seconds. You can retrieve it all later.

Credence
11-07-2011, 03:34 PM
You know 7 is Michael Jackson's favorite number. Perhaps it is an omen

Credence
11-07-2011, 03:36 PM
Hahaha, I don't have the problem, however here are some hints I have learned reading along in other trials here.

Spray whatever bathroom cleaner in toilet, spray furniture polish in air, spray febreeze on carpet. There are more, if I think of them will come back with them. I think the spraying of the cleaner gives the aroma that you cleaned. Don't forget shove everything under the bed, in the closet, in the laundry basket, all done within seconds. You can retrieve it all later.

Exactly. LMBO :floorlaugh:

If you have cats, remove the turds and sprinkle in some litter deodorizer.

kimpage
11-07-2011, 03:37 PM
Ugh feeling sick and soooo nervous.....Better be a GUILTY verdict.:maddening:

peace9274
11-07-2011, 03:38 PM
WOW! We've got us a good-sized crowd in here now! :seeya:

joe jones
11-07-2011, 03:41 PM
I wonder if his children will make a statement at sentencing hearing, I can only imagine all the things they would like to say about how they will have to live the rest of there lives without there father,

peace9274
11-07-2011, 03:43 PM
Ugh feeling sick and soooo nervous.....Better be a GUILTY verdict.:maddening:

I thought I got up & quickly made a chicken sandwich.

Now I can't find it.
I'm so nervous... I'm not sure if I ate it.

CarmelEyesD
11-07-2011, 03:44 PM
waiting.......waiting........waiting.......

Plumeria5
The jury has "Got To Be There" for Michael Jackson.

Got To Be There/Music and Me - YouTube

MsFacetious
An hour and 15 minutes.

They are saying 1pm PST, 2pm MST, 4pm EST for the Verdict to be read.

This is now live IN the courtroom with the seal.

As is this, with a countdown to the verdict... no two hours, remember people we are already 45 minutes into that!

http://www.tmz.com/2011/11/07/conrad-murray-michael-jackson-livestream/#.Trgcr0Mg_UA

joe jones
11-07-2011, 03:45 PM
I thought I got up & quickly made a chicken sandwich.

Now I can't find it.
I'm so nervous... I'm not sure if I ate it.

even if you ate it one was obviously not enough, I say make another,

21merc7
11-07-2011, 03:48 PM

What if it's in the laundry basket with everything else? :floorlaugh:

Velouria
11-07-2011, 03:49 PM

This whole subtopic is not only hilarious, but useful! :floorlaugh:

I think we need a thread down in the basement for this. "Tips on How To Look You've Cleaned House When You've Been on Websleuths All Day and Are Still In Your Pajamas." ;)

21merc7
11-07-2011, 03:52 PM

I think we need a thread down in the basement for this. "Tips on How To Look You've Cleaned House When You've Been on Websleuths All Day and Are Still In Your Pajamas." ;)

I learned it all right here. I don't even have a need for any of the knowledge. It is just in there. The things we learn at WS! :D

There is an entire thread in the basement chock full of crock pot meals for trial days, btw! :crazy:

ETA: Next trial, just read peace's post below, remember to get up and do lunges, standing side crunches (great for obliques), squats, put dumbells by computer to do bicep curls, or overhead triceps - both one handed of course, must scroll and F5, so exercise is done while watching and reading, in between posting of course.

peace9274
11-07-2011, 03:53 PM

Housework isn't the only thing I've neglected.
It's the working-out at the gym, also!

So, if I lost it... or even if I'm still hungry... I am S-O-O-L!!!

Credence
11-07-2011, 03:56 PM
KJ and Joe are at the courthouse
Rebbie and Randy have arrived as well

kljohnson0458
11-07-2011, 03:58 PM
So if I understand since I've actually tried to be working (I use file 13 instead of laundry basket) is the verdict at 4 EST????? TIA

Thundar
11-07-2011, 03:58 PM
Well CNN/live finally decided to show people outside. The Jackson family just arrived at the courthouse. Looked like MJs mom, dad, Janet, Reba, Jermaine, and a few others. I couldn't tell if LaToya was there or not.

There is a BIG LE presence outside the courthouse. And just like that they went back to the picture of the courthouse, crooked on the horizon.

peace9274
11-07-2011, 03:59 PM
So if I understand since I've actually tried to be working (I use file 13 instead of laundry basket) is the verdict at 4 EST????? TIA

Yes :)

One hour from now.

But I heard that's flexible and may be sooner if everyone is in the courtroom that need to be.

Credence
11-07-2011, 04:00 PM
Dang -- Verdict to be read at 1:30PT / 4:30EST (additional 1/2 hour) grrr

Per CBS NEWS

Disregard -- he now does confirm 1:00/4:00

BetteDavisEyes
11-07-2011, 04:01 PM

Just change the name to "loungewear", and you're fine :D Plenty of times during the winter that I don't get dressed if I'm not venturing out of the house. Nothing wrong with a "PJ-Day" once in a while. jmo

SAgal
11-07-2011, 04:02 PM
I'm concerned that this verdict may be "Not Guilty."
In my opinion - Mr. Chernoff's closing argument was effective.
Several people I've talked to over the weekend agree with Chernoff's argument: This case would not have gone to criminal trial - if the "victim" had not been a famous celebrity like Michael Jackson.

peace9274
11-07-2011, 04:03 PM
Well CNN/live finally decided to show people outside. The Jackson family just arrived at the courthouse. Looked like MJs mom, dad, Janet, Reba, Jermaine, and a few others. I couldn't tell if LaToya was there or not.

There is a BIG LE presence outside the courthouse. And just like that they went back to the picture of the courthouse, crooked on the horizon.

TMZ went back to showing the great seal! :(

ges79
11-07-2011, 04:04 PM
The jury has "Got To Be There" for Michael Jackson.

My computer screen got a little blurry just now. :( I wasn't feeling emotional until I heard that song. So, yes, I'm dating myself, but grew up listening and loving all the early Jackson Five music. Thank you for posting it.

Credence
11-07-2011, 04:08 PM
Jermaine has just arrived

borndem
11-07-2011, 04:08 PM

IMO

:great::great::great::great::great::woohoo::woohoo ::woohoo::woohoo: :rollercoaster::razz:

Well, I will take my bow now!!:takeabow: I left the house, thinking that it might bring on some action & I'd not be there to hear/see it -- no radio on in the car, just a good ol' Bob Seeger on a CD, bought exciting items such as dill pickles, kitchen trash bags, chicken stock, and potatoes. Very mundane, salt o' the earth & had that feeling that they had announced a verdict.

So, I will be humble and not brag at all.http://www.websleuths.com/forums/images/icons/icon10.gif

Hooray !!!!!

I hope!! <gnaw, gnaw>

Whew, it's HOT in here, friends & neighbors. <gnaw, gnaw>

Plumeria5
11-07-2011, 04:10 PM
My computer screen got a little blurry just now. :( I wasn't feeling emotional until I heard that song. So, yes, I'm dating myself, but grew up listening and loving all the early Jackson Five music. Thank you for posting it.

You're welcome! I played it several times and I too became so sad because the family looked so happy in those pictures. We all remember where we were when certain songs were played. He will NEVER be replaced.

Talina
11-07-2011, 04:12 PM
Hello everyone. I was taking a nap and woke to "we have a verdict". I thought I was dreaming.

peace9274
11-07-2011, 04:13 PM
I'm concerned that this verdict may be "Not Guilty."
In my opinion - Mr. Chernoff's closing argument was effective.
Several people I've talked to over the weekend agree with Chernoff's argument: This case would not have gone to criminal trial - if the "victim" had not been a famous celebrity like Michael Jackson.

If the verdict is not guilty... & that's the reason.. then IMO all the more reason there should be a trial and conviction!!!
To show all doctors they must treat all their patients equally and responsibly... regardless of who they are.

I can't imagine the general public putting up with your reason for NG.

This trial was about CM... and how he was careless, grossly negligent,
and that he deviated from the standard practice of caring for a PATIENT!

I don't think it would be televised or the THs would talk about it... but I sure hope if ANY doctor acted the same as CM,
while treating ME ... and I died because of it... that there would definitely be a trial in a courtroom.

Credence
11-07-2011, 04:14 PM
Bluesky --just a note on MJ's lungs: There is no injury to his lungs per the autopsy report. Had some scarring and it has been reported that MJ had allergies and had suffered from pneumonia.

I have scarring on my lungs from chronic bronchitis. Don't think it was a big deal.

Maybe Peace or Isabelle could address that.

Thundar
11-07-2011, 04:14 PM
Cnn/live is panning their camera around the area and doing close ups on the courthouse so you can see the line of satelites on the 10th (or so) floor. Why can't they just show people out front arriving or standing around?

The camera person must be impatient waiting too.

peace9274
11-07-2011, 04:19 PM
Just change the name to "loungewear", and you're fine :D Plenty of times during the winter that I don't get dressed if I'm not venturing out of the house. Nothing wrong with a "PJ-Day" once in a while. jmo

I don't call it staying in my nightgown during the day...
I call it wearing my "sun dress" to bed.

BetteDavisEyes
11-07-2011, 04:22 PM
I just remembered the MJ showed up in his pajamas one day during his child molestation trial (NOT GUILTY) and decided that the King of Pop would be honored to have us wearing pjs while the verdict is read in the CM trial. jmo

Crosby87
11-07-2011, 04:24 PM
Bluesky --just a note on MJ's lungs: There is no injury to his lungs per the autopsy report. Had some scarring and it has been reported that MJ had allergies and had suffered from pneumonia.

I have scarring on my lungs from chronic bronchitis. Don't think it was a big deal.

Hi Credence,

I deleted my post until after the verdict is read but here is a clip from the AR

"The above findings reflect a depletion of structural and functional reserves of the lung. Reserve depletion is the result of widespread respiratory bronchiolitis and chronic lung inflammation in association with fibrocollangenous scars and organizing / recanalizing thromboemboli of small arteries. "It should be noted that the above lung injury with reserve loss is not considered to be a direct or contributing cause of death; however, such an individual would be especially susceptible to adverse health affects but nonetheless what Dr. Klein revealed to JC is very significant because if MJ nose collapsed in the Spring, he had to breathe through his mouth only which could have caused him to stop breathing and therefore contributed to his death.

Here is my original post.... thanks credence

Michael might have asked Dr. Klein for Propofol too but Dr. Klein didn't talk about this at all during his interview.

AFAIK, the medical reports submitted to the Court by Dr. Klein’s office never said Dr. Klein “had began the slow and painful process of rebuilding some of Jackson’s facial skin in early April after his nose collapsed and after he lost his jawline. They only said he received botox and restylane treatments.

Neither did the coroner note in the autopsy report that MJ’s nose and jaw line had collapsed and had recently been repaired. All it says is a piece of tape was attached to it and “there are scars at the lateral border of the alae nasi, 3/5 inch in length on the right and 5/8 inch in length on the left.

The alae nasi is the outer flaring cartilaginous wall of the outer side of each nostril so crucial facts about the condition of Michael’s face and in particular his ability to breathe normally through his nose in the Spring wasn't provided to the Jury members.

MJ likely had to breathe through his mouth ONLY for several months after his nose collapsed and I imagine until Michael’s nose had completely healed and was able to function normally, breathing would be very ‘labored’ and he would tire very easily which are symptomss he said he was having.

A lung injury was noted in the autopsy so if Michael had difficulty breathing through his nose for several months, he wasn't in good health and I think he would be at high risk of dying if his breathing was impaired and he was taking Propofol to induce sleep.

If MJ's nose collapsed and he lost his jaw line and his facial skin needed repaired in April of 2009, how on earth did he pass his medical examination for AEG?

Dr. Klein had an unusual relationship with his patient MJ. Dr. Klein said he worked on MJ's nose and face and left for Paris France for 1 month which is where Michael's daugher Paris was conceived according to her mother Debbie Rowe. It doesn't sound like Dr. Klein consulted with the doctors or clinician who treated MJ after he left which doesn't seem highly ethical to me.

JMO.

Dum-Dum Sucker
What if it's in the laundry basket with everything else? :floorlaugh:

LMAO :great:

chefmom
If the verdict is not guilty... & that's the reason.. then IMO all the more reason there should be a trial and conviction!!!
To show all doctors they must treat all their patients equally and responsibly... regardless of who they are.

I can't imagine the general public putting up with your reason for NG.

This trial was about CM... and how he was careless, grossly negligent,
and that he deviated from the standard practice of caring for a PATIENT!

I don't think it would be televised or the THs would talk about it... but I sure hope if ANY doctor acted the same as CM,
while treating ME ... and I died because of it... that there would definitely be a trial in a courtroom.

You are so right, Peace! My doctor is hesitant when prescribing antibiotics for fear of over-use. So, for a doctor to go to the point of setting up an IV drip in a patients home and sedating them with such a drug as propofol, seems to defy logic. jmo

borndem
11-07-2011, 04:25 PM
Exactly. LMBO :floorlaugh:

If you have cats, remove the turds and sprinkle in some litter deodorizer.

OMG -- LOVE THAT!!!!!!!!!!:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh: :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::f loorlaugh: Dayam!! The Best!!! whew, it's hot in here

tambo
i don't post much, but have been following the case every day, and reading here. Wanted to say thank you to everyone for all the input, it really has been a great thread..

am hoping he is found guilty. i really can't see how he could be found not guilty.

Credence
Countdown 34 minutes:

http://www.tmz.com/2011/11/07/conrad-murray-michael-jackson-livestream/#.TrgdoEMg_UB

peace9274
11-07-2011, 04:27 PM
I just remembered the MJ showed up in his pajamas one day during his child molestation trial (NOT GUILTY) and decided that the King of Pop would be honored to have us wearing pjs while the verdict is read in the CM trial. jmo

Thank you, BetteDavisEyes!!

That's a wonderful reason to stay in our PJ's & nightgowns today.

And any other day, too.
I'm going to use it for the rest of my life, when needed.

Me: "What? What are you staring at? So what it's 4 pm. I'm mourning Michael Jackson."
I love it! :)

SATA
11-07-2011, 04:28 PM

Michaelīs lung issues might have been a result of Murrayīs "treatment" of him. When under every night for hours on Propofol, you donīt breathe deeply, and that causes lung problems.

Thundar
11-07-2011, 04:31 PM
cnn/live now says, "verdict read shortly". Still panning the camera around at the scenery. I want to see the people out front......please cnn.

peace9274
11-07-2011, 04:31 PM
Countdown 34 minutes:

Hi Credence...
Your TMZ link didn't work. Nor did MsFacetious' TMZ link.

Let's see if this one does.

http://www.tmz.com/2011/11/07/conrad-murray-michael-jackson-livestream/#.Trgv3UMg_UC

MsFacetious
11-07-2011, 04:34 PM
Thank you Michael.

Michael Jackson "The Lost Children" - YouTube

Credence
11-07-2011, 04:35 PM
Hi Credence...

http://www.tmz.com/2011/11/07/conrad-murray-michael-jackson-livestream/#.Trgv3UMg_UC

It went out for some reason. I actually had it up on screen and it timed out

Now getting 404 error

When I try to link to CBS link that I have up for some reason it is embedding another video but the link is correct. Sorry

MsFacetious
11-07-2011, 04:35 PM
They changed it. Here is both the live IN the courtroom and outside the courthouse.

http://www.tmz.com/2011/11/07/conrad-murray-verdict/

You can always just go to http://www.tmz.com if the link doesn't work...they change them a lot.

Hi Credence...

BetteDavisEyes
11-07-2011, 04:36 PM
Ran out to get the mail and put on my "Scotties" pajamas. It's the right thing to do in honor of the King of Pop. jmo

MsFacetious
11-07-2011, 04:37 PM
Wow... look at that crowd. I don't think it'd be a bad idea to clear it.
I am afraid there may be serious riots if this verdict doesn't go the way the people out there want it to.
(I'm guessing the majority are MJ fans.)

Thundar
11-07-2011, 04:37 PM
While I am waiting I am looking at this catalog that came in the mail to the Mr. today. It is desserts & gifts. Cookies and bars, they kind of look mass produced not at all like what I make for the holidays (oblong and uneven). But anyway they have a new size....Premiere-195 pieces for $199.99 and included on the front is a free shipping code.

Now I am hungry for cookies.

Talina
11-07-2011, 04:38 PM
JVM is an embarrassment to HLN. She does not act like a professional journalist when she is covering a trial. She belongs on TMZ or some such type station, IMO.

MsFacetious
11-07-2011, 04:39 PM
It's live coverage here:

And also here:

http://www.tmz.com/2011/11/07/conrad-murray-verdict/

CarolinaMoon
11-07-2011, 04:42 PM
I was dressed, but changed into my "lounging" outfit for the verdict. BTW, if you want commentary and can't stand to listen to JVM, try KTLA link. Click on the watch button and it will appear in a new screen. It's been my favorite.

http://www.ktla.com/

Credence
11-07-2011, 04:42 PM
abc site:

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/livenow?id=8421919

21merc7
11-07-2011, 04:43 PM
$200.00 cookies?! I'll pass.

TMZ is still showing 1:00 their time for verdict reading. That is only 15 minutes away.

momtective
11-07-2011, 04:45 PM
I'm really surprised there isn't a guilty/not guilty poll in this forum.

SuziQ
11-07-2011, 04:46 PM
I don't have cable so I was kinda glad to be sitting in the dentist chair all numb and having old fillings replaced watching trutv waiting for the verdict to be read. A construction crew working in a back room did something wrong and all the equipment quit working. So I raced home, numb, with temporary fillings trying to get a live feed to pull up. Comentary about the verdict from y'all will be very welcome! and thanks for the live links.

Gah! I gotta go back Wednesday and get novacaine shots again!

peace9274
11-07-2011, 04:47 PM
I'm really surprised there isn't a guilty/not guilty poll in this forum.

Can you post one for us?

Credence
11-07-2011, 04:48 PM
I cannot believe how nervous I am. :panic:

MsFacetious
Katherine has arrived at the courthouse, don't know if that was from earlier or not... but she's there too. Also saw Latoya earlier. And then the others who were reported to have arrived.

Doesn't look like it'll be delayed by family being late...

zippitydoda
JVM is an embarrassment to HLN. She does not act like a professional journalist when she is covering a trial. She belongs on TMZ or some such type station, IMO.

I completely agree. I can't believe with all of the reporters in this world - she is the best they can get. She was ok a few years ago, but something changed when she took the reins during the OCA trial. Now she is just full blown - ridiculously silly, and just painful to watch. NOBODY wants to talk to her. After her mad dash across the courthouse to kiss JB's butt, and then he just gave her the side eyes, you would have thought HLN would get that she's not that well received. She over exagerates everything, and every time they cut away to her, its like she's got no clue what to do.

DollyPardonMe
11-07-2011, 04:49 PM
:truce: Am I the only one that's hoping for a not guilty?? Why isn't Klein in the hot box along with Murray??

Cortne
Im ready for these nervous chills to go away.

RIP MJ

momtective
:truce: Am I the only one that's hoping for a not guilty?? Why isn't Klein in the hot box along with Murray??

Nope.

Thundar
11-07-2011, 04:50 PM
$200.00 cookies?! I'll pass.

TMZ is still showing 1:00 their time for verdict reading. That is only 15 minutes away.

BBM me too.

That ABC link is showing the stuff outside the courthouse. Thanks whoever for posting that one.

hollyblue
11-07-2011, 04:50 PM

I'm not saying this to be mean, but I do think she's an undiagnosed bi-polar. :waitasec: Seriously. IMO, JMO

Cortne
11-07-2011, 04:52 PM
Id like to think hes next w some sort of charges.

kljohnson0458
11-07-2011, 04:52 PM
I'm not saying this to be mean, but I do think she's an undiagnosed bi-polar. :waitasec: Seriously. IMO, JMO

I just hope for her sake that at sometime during the discussion of the verdict she can tell me for the gazillionth time that she is a recovering addict/alcoholic. :floorlaugh:

I wish her well but dang I think she needs a shot sometimes.

Credence
11-07-2011, 04:53 PM

Even TMZ is not close to how JVM behaves.

peace9274
I cannot believe how nervous I am. :panic:

Me, too, Credence. I keep feeling like I did after the CA verdict.
I really don't think I could go through being that shocked again!!!

BetteDavisEyes
HLN now saying verdict in 10 minutes - 1:00 PST.

cece5300
While I am waiting I am looking at this catalog that came in the mail to the Mr. today. It is desserts & gifts. Cookies and bars, they kind of look mass produced not at all like what I make for the holidays (oblong and uneven). But anyway they have a new size....Premiere-195 pieces for $199.99 and included on the front is a free shipping code.

Now I am hungry for cookies.

I'm eating cookies right now!

Originally Posted by Talina

Ugh I personally feel like the majority of the "reporters" on HLN are a joke.

Hoping for Justice for Michael!!

Plumeria5
11-07-2011, 04:54 PM

If JVM talks about being a recovering alcoholic one more time...

Kind of like when NG finds ways to bring up her twins and plugs DWS every show...

Talina
11-07-2011, 04:54 PM
I'm really hoping the jury gives interviews after the verdict.