PDA

View Full Version : HI HI -The Honolulu Strangler (1985-86)*UNSOLVED*

Kimster
11-07-2011, 10:13 PM
"Following the discovery of Pesceís body police arrested the informant on May 9 as the primary suspect. The suspectís ex-wife and girlfriend described him as a smooth talker. They also provided a potentially incriminating fetish clue, as both recalled engaging in bondage activity, allowing him to tie them up and have sex with their hands bound behind their back. His girlfriend related that on nights after they had fought, he would leave the house, and that these were the same nights as the murders. The suspect lived in Ewa Beach and worked as a mechanic at one of the air freight along Lagoon Drive. Between 8:00p.m. and 3:00a.m. the suspect was interrogated, failed a polygraph test and eventually released.
In 2005 the suspect died in California or Tennessee."
Honolulu Strangler - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
http://www.crimezzz.net/serialkillers/H/HONOLULU_strangler.php

kalekona
11-08-2011, 12:56 AM
I lived in Hawaii during that time- It was a dark time in Paradise.

There was also a severed Head found in the trash shoot of one of the Downtown Apt buildings around that same time- don't think I ever heard anything about the out come of that.

Lera213
11-08-2011, 05:13 AM
I lived in Hawaii during that time- It was a dark time in Paradise.

There was also a severed Head found in the trash shoot of one of the Downtown Apt buildings around that same time- don't think I ever heard anything about the out come of that.

I lived there from April 85 to April 88 and I never heard of this one. I did hear of one they thought was maybe a cop in California at the time but never this one. I lived up at Wheeler AFB

kalekona
11-08-2011, 11:54 PM
I was there from March of 82' until 86 Lived at Moanalua Terrace, I wish I could remember more about that case-I remember the discovery just not the details or resolution.

Kimster
11-09-2011, 01:28 AM
I don't think there has been a resolution.

Lera213
11-09-2011, 03:33 PM
They should at least release the suspects name that died. Heck we might be able to connect some dots if he is guilty. I sure hope also that Tenn police were aware of him!

Kimster
11-09-2011, 04:13 PM
While researching information about this forum, I've noticed that it's commonplace to list suspects for SK cases that are unsolved. Because this person who was interviewed was not ever named, perhaps LE ruled him out completely.

There is a marine base over there, right? I wonder if the perp was not a local and later hit closer to home. It would be interesting to compare "cooling off periods" of other cases and see if it fits for this time frame in Hawaii.