View Full Version : 1100 presser 11/11/11

nursebeeme
11-11-2011, 11:43 AM
discuss here

1100 cst
1200 est

Coldpizza
11-11-2011, 11:48 AM
We will live stream the 11 AM CT news conference with the Irwin attorneys right here...check back in at 11 AM

Read more: http://livewire.kmbc.com/Event/Live_Blog_Amber_Alert_Issued_For_Missing_10-Month-Old#ixzz1dPsB8bFl

Coldpizza
11-11-2011, 11:52 AM
Getting the mics set up. Looks like an office presser.

Coldpizza
11-11-2011, 11:55 AM
Media gets ready for 11 AM CT news conference. We have heard it might run a bit late. Stay tuned.

by Brian Foster - KMBC.com

Read more: http://livewire.kmbc.com/Event/Live_Blog_Amber_Alert_Issued_For_Missing_10-Month-Old#ixzz1dPtw01zq

Coldpizza
11-11-2011, 11:59 AM
We're told the news conference will start within 10 minutes.
by Brian Foster - KMBC.com 11:58 AM

Read more: http://livewire.kmbc.com/Event/Live_Blog_Amber_Alert_Issued_For_Missing_10-Month-Old#ixzz1dPusb9Lc

Coldpizza
11-11-2011, 12:03 PM
I cant hear it very well

tehcloser
11-11-2011, 12:03 PM
um.......I refreshed and the video is gone.

dog.gone.cute
11-11-2011, 12:04 PM
Good Grief ... attorney starting off with "spinning" ...

MOO ...

curiousc
11-11-2011, 12:05 PM
Good Grief ... attorney starting off with "spinning" ...

MOO ...

Of course he would. That's what this conference is all about.

JeannaT
11-11-2011, 12:05 PM

I've got two computers here. The link is dead on one, and doesn't even appear on the screen in the right place on the other.

Thanks, for transcribing, all.

Bravo
11-11-2011, 12:06 PM

Me too ?????

oh_gal
11-11-2011, 12:06 PM
by Brian Foster - KMBC.com 11:58 AM

Read more: http://livewire.kmbc.com/Event/Live_Blog_Amber_Alert_Issued_For_Missing_10-Month-Old#ixzz1dPusb9Lc

I don't see any press conference (or even the set up of one) when I click on that link. Am I missing something?

dog.gone.cute
11-11-2011, 12:08 PM
http://livewire.kmbc.com/Event/Live_Blog_Amber_Alert_Issued_For_Missing_10-Month-Old#ixzz1dPx6N7Re

Picerno: The business about the children not being allowed to interview is not true
by Brian Foster - KMBC.com 11:07 AM

Picerno: The message I want to get out is the level of cooperation from Jeremy and Debbie has been there from day 1

Picerno: It's stressful for the boys to go about their lives with all the cameras

PIcerno: Boys came out of interview with forensic expert in good spirits
by Brian Foster - KMBC.com 11:06 AM

Brothers ask if he's going to help them find baby Lisa

Picerno talks about sitting down with baby Lisa's brothers

You're listening to Irwin attorney John Picerno
by Brian Foster - KMBC.com edited by Karen Yancey/Staff 11:06 AM

by Brian Foster - KMBC.com 10:58 AM

Coldpizza
11-11-2011, 12:08 PM
PIcerno: Boys came out of interview with forensic expert in good spirits
by Brian Foster - KMBC.com 12:06 PM
Brothers ask if he's going to help them find baby Lisa
Picerno talks about sitting down with baby Lisa's brothers
You're listening to Irwin attorney John Picerno
by Brian Foster - KMBC.com edited by Karen Yancey/Staff 12:06 PM

Read more: http://livewire.kmbc.com/Event/Live_Blog_Amber_Alert_Issued_For_Missing_10-Month-Old#ixzz1dPwsPK28

KathrynL
11-11-2011, 12:09 PM
I am getting the vid now on IE, but doesn't come up at all on Firefox. Weird.

Coldpizza
11-11-2011, 12:10 PM
I heard the woman that interviewed them has over 10 years of exp

JeannaT
Thank goodness for this guy.

It's about time someone cleared the air - they have already been interviewed for 30 hours, separately, they won't be subjected to interrogation tactics, the boys have been reinterviewed as promised by Joe T.

Coldpizza
I don't see any press conference (or even the set up of one) when I click on that link. Am I missing something? look for live updates at top of pg

Coldpizza
11-11-2011, 12:11 PM
Picerno: "We're not going to let our clients be subjected to interrogation techniques."
by Brian Foster - KMBC.com 12:09 PM
Picerno: Parents have been interviewed by police for a total of 30 hours
by Brian Foster - KMBC.com edited by Brian Foster - KMBC.com 12:09 PM
Picerno: Jeremy and Debbie were interviewed separately on the first day of baby Lisa's disappearance and on Oct. 8
by Brian Foster - KMBC.com 12:08 PM
Picerno: At this point, there's nothing more for the parents to say (Picerno answering a question about whether Debbie and Jeremy will be interviewed again)
by Brian Foster - KMBC.com 12:08 PM
Picerno: The business about the children not being allowed to interview is not true
by Brian Foster - KMBC.com 12:07 PM
Picerno: The message I want to get out is the level of cooperation from Jeremy and Debbie has been there from day 1
Picerno: It's stressful for the boys to go about their lives with all the cameras

Read more: http://livewire.kmbc.com/Event/Live_Blog_Amber_Alert_Issued_For_Missing_10-Month-Old#ixzz1dPxyUuSV

Hopeful2
11-11-2011, 12:12 PM
Happy Birthday, baby. Sorry this special day is being used this way. Tuning out of that ridiculous lawyer show.

dog.gone.cute
http://livewire.kmbc.com/Event/Live_Blog_Amber_Alert_Issued_For_Missing_10-Month-Old#ixzz1dPxw2k7j

Picerno: "We're not going to let our clients be subjected to interrogation techniques."

by Brian Foster - KMBC.com 11:09 AM

by Brian Foster - KMBC.com edited by Brian Foster - KMBC.com 11:09 AM

Picerno: Jeremy and Debbie were interviewed separately on the first day of baby Lisa's disappearance and on Oct. 8

by Brian Foster - KMBC.com 11:08 AM

Picerno: At this point, there's nothing more for the parents to say (Picerno answering a question about whether Debbie and Jeremy will be interviewed again)

by Brian Foster - KMBC.com 11:08 AM

Coldpizza
Picerno: "Law enforcement doesn't want us involved."
by Brian Foster - KMBC.com 12:11 PM
Picerno: "At the end of the day, everyone has to make a judgement for themselves."
Picerno: "We have certain facts we can all agree on."
Picerno: "I don't know, I wasn't there," Picerno answering the question on what he thinks happened to Lisa

Read more: http://livewire.kmbc.com/Event/Live_Blog_Amber_Alert_Issued_For_Missing_10-Month-Old#ixzz1dPyAD3s7

curiousc
RussPtacek Russ Ptacek
"I have no doubt vigorous police interrogation techniques were used" on patents. #babylisa #lisairwin
50 seconds ago
»
Russ Ptacek
RussPtacek Russ Ptacek
Picerno says police can direct questions to him. Says wont allow parents to endure police interview techniques. #babylisa #lisairwin
2 minutes ago
Russ Ptacek
RussPtacek Russ Ptacek
Says FBI delayed boys' interview because is scheduling conflict with FBI forensic interview. #babylisa #lisairwin
3 minutes ago
Russ Ptacek
RussPtacek Russ Ptacek
Picerno: the level of cooperation from parents has been there since day one. #babylisa #lisairwin
4 minutes ago
Russ Ptacek
RussPtacek Russ Ptacek
Picerno says they did not ask boys about what was discussed during FBI interview. #babylisa #lisairwin
4 minutes ago
Russ Ptacek
RussPtacek Russ Ptacek
Oldest boy asked Picerno: "are you going to help us find Lisa?". #babylisa #lisairwin
5 minutes ago
Russ Ptacek
RussPtacek Russ Ptacek
Says he is concerned about "cute little boys.". #babylisa #lisairwin
6 minutes ago
Russ Ptacek
RussPtacek Russ Ptacek
Says FBI delayed interview until yesterday not parents. #babylisa #lisairwin
6 minutes ago
Russ Ptacek
RussPtacek Russ Ptacek
Says deal with police required boys's interview to be videotaped. #babylisa #lisairwin
7 minutes ago
Russ Ptacek
RussPtacek Russ Ptacek
Says hold up in boys interview was not because of parents. #babylisa #lisairwin
7 minutes ago
Russ Ptacek
RussPtacek Russ Ptacek
Says parents have been interviewed 30 to 50 hours. #babylisa #lisairwin
8 minutes ago
Russ Ptacek
RussPtacek Russ Ptacek
This bit about no cooperation is pure fantasy says Picerno. #babylisa #lisairwin
8 minutes ago
Russ Ptacek
RussPtacek Russ Ptacek
John Picerno says he has off record info for reporters #babylisa #lisairwin
8 minutes ago
Russ Ptacek
RussPtacek Russ Ptacek
News conference starting now. #babylisa #lisairwin
9 minutes ago

http://twitter.com/#!/RussPtacek

dog.gone.cute
11-11-2011, 12:14 PM
http://livewire.kmbc.com/Event/Live_Blog_Amber_Alert_Issued_For_Missing_10-Month-Old#ixzz1dPyQDxYH

Picerno: "Typically I don't like my attorneys speaking at all to law enforcement. But this is a different situation."

by Brian Foster - KMBC.com 11:12 AM

by Brian Foster - KMBC.com 11:11 AM

Picerno: "At the end of the day, everyone has to make a judgement for themselves."

Picerno: "I don't know, I wasn't there," Picerno answering the question on what he thinks happened to Lisa

iamnotagolem
11-11-2011, 12:14 PM

It's about time someone cleared the air - they have already been interviewed for 30 hours, separately, they won't be subjected to interrogation tactics, the boys have been reinterviewed as promised by Joe T.

BBM - Is that supposed to be a long time? I just don't see how 30 hours of interviews between 2 people is that much time over a period of almost 6 weeks.

curiousc
11-11-2011, 12:15 PM
RussPtacek Russ Ptacek
We have investigators and we are perusing leads. #babylisa #lisairwin

RussPtacek Russ Ptacek
The parenys were not allowed back in their home. They were not allowed in woods during initial search #babylisa #lisairwin
now

RussPtacek Russ Ptacek
"Law enforcement doesn't want us involved" Piceeno says. #babylisa #lisairwin

http://twitter.com/#!/RussPtacek

JeannaT
11-11-2011, 12:16 PM
BBM - Is that supposed to be a long time? I just don't see how 30 hours of interviews between 2 people is that much time over a period of almost 6 weeks.

I think that's an agregiously long time, actually. At that point, there are no questions that have gone unanswered.

At that point, you're using "interrogation techniques" to confuse the muddle them, and get them to admit to guilt.

From where I sit that's not going to be helpful in finding that baby.

Now if they rounded up MW's roommates and interrogated them for a few hours, we might get somewhere.

Coldpizza
11-11-2011, 12:16 PM
Picerno: "I ask that you respect their privacy. They're going to have a private situation there today for the family...they will do it in a way that is not public. It's a tough day for them. I hope you respect their privacy." Picerno talking about baby Lisa's birthday
by Brian Foster - KMBC.com 12:16 PM
Picerno: We have private investigators working on the case
by Brian Foster - KMBC.com 12:14 PM
Picerno: "We're not here to make you guys happy, we're here to help them find Lisa." Picerno commenting on why the parents have not talked to local media
by Brian Foster - KMBC.com 12:13 PM
Picerno: "Typically I don't like my attorneys speaking at all to law enforcement. But this is a different situation."
by Brian Foster - KMBC.com 12:12 PM

Read more: http://livewire.kmbc.com/Event/Live_Blog_Amber_Alert_Issued_For_Missing_10-Month-Old#ixzz1dPzAqM96

JeannaT
11-11-2011, 12:17 PM
GREAT to hear they've got PIs.

dog.gone.cute
http://livewire.kmbc.com/Event/Live_Blog_Amber_Alert_Issued_For_Missing_10-Month-Old#ixzz1dPzEvr2v

The news conference has endedby Brian Foster - KMBC.com 11:16 AM

Picerno: "I ask that you respect their privacy. They're going to have a private situation there today for the family...they will do it in a way that is not public. It's a tough day for them. I hope you respect their privacy."
Picerno talking about baby Lisa's birthday

by Brian Foster - KMBC.com 11:16 AM

by Brian Foster - KMBC.com 11:14 AM

Picerno: "We're not here to make you guys happy, we're here to help them find Lisa." Picerno commenting on why the parents have not talked to local media

by Brian Foster - KMBC.com 11:13 AM

tehcloser
pppffftttttttttttttttt. Well at least he admitted they are suspects.

Coldpizza
I couldnt hear a thing grrrr, DH has a great stereo system hooked up too!!! One day I'll remember how to turn the darn thing on!

4Jacy
I don't see any press conference (or even the set up of one) when I click on that link. Am I missing something?

God the set up but no vid or sound!! :maddening:

cluciano63
11-11-2011, 12:18 PM
If we are allowed to post an opinion only...BS.

dog.gone.cute
11-11-2011, 12:19 PM
:waitasec: IMO ... it was a WASTE ... a HUGE WASTE ...

MOO ...

JeannaT
11-11-2011, 12:19 PM
If we are allowed to post an opinion only...BS.

Is there something specific that he said -that you don't believe?

Donjeta
11-11-2011, 12:20 PM

Good grief... YET another number of hours. Just this morning JT said it was 19 hours. We've heard 11 and we've heard 40 hours.

I don't think they have a clue about how many hours it was.

tehcloser
11-11-2011, 12:20 PM
And since he said THEY ARE SUSPECTS.......the answer to why they won't talk is crystal clear.

cluciano63
11-11-2011, 12:21 PM
Is there something specific that he said -that you don't believe?

Just the part when he was speaking...JMO.

JeannaT
11-11-2011, 12:21 PM
Good grief... YET another number of hours. Just this morning JT said it was 19 hours. We've heard 11 and we've heard 40 hours.

I don't think they have a clue about how many hours it was.

Um. 19 and 11 add up to 30. He's talking about total hours interrogated, between both of them.

IIRC, it was after 11 hours of interrogation that Jeremy asked for a break.

And it stands to reason that Deborah was interrogated longer - since she was the one there in the house. So 19 +11 sounds right to me, and they're numbers I've consistently heard.

I haven't ever heard 40.

In da Middle
11-11-2011, 12:22 PM
As long as it doesn't include BS as one.

frankie069
11-11-2011, 12:22 PM

by Brian Foster - KMBC.com 11:09 AM

by Brian Foster - KMBC.com edited by Brian Foster - KMBC.com 11:09 AM

You know, because well, we dont want to find Lisa so we arent going to be interrogated anymore.. wah wah.. Seriously. Does anyone in that family care about this baby. IMO the ONLY reason those boys were interviewed last night was because word spread that DB and JI were very soon not going to have a choice in the matter. So now, lets have cake and make like nothing happened and go on with our day as usual.. Shall GMA be here to watch us blow out the candle..?? God they make me sick to my stomach.

Donjeta
11-11-2011, 12:23 PM
Um. 19 and 11 add up to 30. He's talking about total hours interrogated, between both of them.

But I think 11 and 19 and 40 were supposed to be the total hours as well, between the both of them.

iamnotagolem
I think that's an agregiously long time, actually. At that point, there are no questions that have gone unanswered.

At that point, you're using "interrogation techniques" to confuse the muddle them, and get them to admit to guilt.

Now if they rounded up MW's roommates and interrogated them for a few hours, we might get somewhere.

I guess I see it differently and I'm not convinced of the parent's guilt. Lisa has been missing roughly 936 hours (give or take, I suck at math) and they've interviewed for 30? Seems minuscule to me. I'm not in their shoes, never been in their shoes, but I can't imagine not submitting to torture methods if it meant finding my child.

Maybe I just don't understand how things work, and I'd probably be arrested b/c I'd be begging, bribing, threatening the LE to find my baby.

frankie069

Its no time at all. How many hours have LE put in for Lisa. And just like the timeline, the hours they were questioned get changed each time too.

JeannaT
11-11-2011, 12:24 PM
Just the part when he was speaking...JMO.

I'm just trying to get this straight.

So you don't believe the boys have been reinterviewed, that they have PIs on the case, that LE doesn't want the lawyers involved, that the family would like privacy from the media?

JeannaT
11-11-2011, 12:25 PM
But I think 11 and 19 and 40 were supposed to be the total hours as well, between the both of them.

No. Jeremy was 11 hours, as per his statements after LE called him uncooperative for asking for a break.

cluciano63
11-11-2011, 12:25 PM
I am so over this sideshow. Where is the desperation of parents seeking their missing infant? I mean, the heartbroken, incoherent sense of desperation that would be beyond imagining for one who has not endured it? Just not seeing a single sign of that here. JMO

tehcloser
11-11-2011, 12:26 PM
I for one have no problem with LE interrogating SUSPECTS, that's their job.

nursebeeme
11-11-2011, 12:27 PM
peeps... spread out to discuss on the relevant thread whether you think the parents are cooperating. everyone is entitled to their opinion... everyone is also entitled to believe the dt statements or not believe them. thank you.

In da Middle
11-11-2011, 12:29 PM
I am so over this sideshow. Where is the depseration of parents seeking their missing infant? I mean, the heartbroken, incoherent sense of desperation that would be beyond imagining for one who has not endured it? Just not seeing a single sign of that here. JMO
They did that in the beginning and got torn to pieces over it. They either didn't cry enough or too much by the same people. Nobody was happy when they did, so why would they go through that again?

Geralyn
11-11-2011, 12:30 PM
On the positive side(imo) from the presser :

On advice of attorney ...not questioning the boys about their interviews. Just take them out for fun food and play with some toys, etc. I personally advocate & applaud that approach and was relieved to hear thats how it was handled by the family/attorney.

Asking for media to be respectful of the family on this day of all days, while they gather together for Baby Lisa's 1st birthday.

Acknowledging that the tenor of LE's approach to the parents has been one of de facto suspects.

Making sure that they boys interviews be videotaped, the pre-interview/interview.

*those are just a few off the top of my head.

ETA: ...and letting the public know they do have investigators of their own working on finding Lisa or what happened to her.

frankie069
11-11-2011, 12:30 PM
I'm just trying to get this straight.

So you don't believe the boys have been re-interviewed, that they have PIs on the case, that LE doesn't want the lawyers involved, that the family would like privacy from the media?

The boys have been re-interviewed, we know that. PI's on the case, yeah probably BS, LE not wanting the lawyers involved is asinine, why would they even say something like that. I dont believe that for a second, of course the lawyers will be involved LE knows the drill. For anyone to come out and say LE doesnt want lawyers involved is just, well.. never mind.. and the family wanting privacy from the media, yeah I guess I can see that, unless its a family function and they invite GMA over to join them. They want privacy when its convenient for them, then they want the media there.

Just do the right thing DB and JI. At least JI. Stop letting DB be the boss of the house and go and get yourself a lawyer and tell what you know, this is your daughter too..

Donjeta
11-11-2011, 12:35 PM
In the statement issued by Joe Tacopina and Cynthia Short’s law firms, the attorneys denied that the couple had anything to do with their daughter’s disappearance, and they alleged that police “have starved these parents by withholding information about the investigation.”

In response to claims by police that the parents are not cooperating fully, the statement provided a long list of things they have allowed authorities to do. These included:

* Signing consent forms to search their home, vehicles, shed and computer
* Agreeing to let their sons be taken for interviews
* Providing hair samples and buccal swabs
* Letting police collect “smell swabs” for use with search dogs
* Giving police access to Lisa’s medical records
* Consenting to police interviews on six dates, totaling approximately 40 hours of answering questions
http://nancygrace.blogs.cnn.com/category/missing-persons/page/2/

I don't understand how they get six dates either, since we now hear that October 8th was the last time they were interviewed.
October 4th would be one date, October 5th another. That was the day they stopped cooperating. October 6th they weren't cooperating. Not sure about 7th but October 8th the last interview that makes three or four dates, not six.

JeannaT
11-11-2011, 12:38 PM
The boys have been re-interviewed, we know that. PI's on the case, yeah probably BS, LE not wanting the lawyers involved is asinine, why would they even say something like that. I dont believe that for a second, of course the lawyers will be involved LE knows the drill. For anyone to come out and say LE doesnt want lawyers involved is just, well.. never mind.. and the family wanting privacy from the media, yeah I guess I can see that, unless its a family function and they invite GMA over to join them. They want privacy when its convenient for them, then they want the media there.

Just do the right thing DB and JI. At least JI. Stop letting DB be the boss of the house and go and get yourself a lawyer and tell what you know, this is your daughter too..

I don't think LE is EVER happy to see their witnesses lawyer up. That goes without saying - it makes it harder for LE to have access.

To think that LE was welcoming, and happy to have the Irwins obtain counsel wouldn't make sense.

Most LE doesn't go this far as to ask the witnesses to please check their attorney at the door, though.

cluciano63
They did that in the beginning and got torn to pieces over it. They either didn't cry enough or too much by the same people. Nobody was happy when they did, so why would they go through that again?

Public perception of me would be so far down the list, it wouldn't even register for me, and that is just my feeling/opinion. This whole case has a feel (TO ME) of what is good for the parents, not what is good for the baby.

yllek

BBM

Quite possibly already done. MW and Dane confirmed to have been interviewed. FBI was at the house, confirmed. We don't know that all of the roomies weren't interviewed just because LE hasn't publicly outed these people. They aren't the ones that put Megan and Dane out to the public either. Nor Shane. Nor Mr. Brando. They came out in the media weeks after LE started interviewing and investigating them. Imo, not safe to assume Megan's roomies weren't questioned. JMO...

frankie069
11-11-2011, 12:42 PM
I don't think LE is EVER happy to see their witnesses lawyer up. That goes without saying - it makes it harder for LE to have access.

To think that LE was welcoming, and happy to have the Irwins obtain counsel wouldn't make sense.

Most LE doesn't go this far as to ask the witnesses to please check their attorney at the door, though.

I dont want to take this forum OT but to answer this ( I posted the other one before I saw the warning not to post OT).

LE of course hates when people lawyer up but to insinuate that LE does not want them talking with their lawyer present is insane. Do we really think LE wants to blow this case. I dont think LE cares who the heck DB and JI bring with them as long as they show some kind of concern and answer some more questions that have come up since the beginning of this case and show that they care. Karma.... We must hope for Karma. They will get theirs.

JeannaT
11-11-2011, 12:43 PM
[/B]

BBM

Quite possibly already done. MW and Dane confirmed to have been interviewed. FBI was at the house, confirmed. We don't know that all of the roomies weren't interviewed just because LE hasn't publicly outed these people. They aren't the ones that put Megan and Dane out to the public either. Nor Shane. Nor Mr. Brando. They came out in the media weeks after LE started interviewing and investigating them. Imo, not safe to assume Megan's roomies weren't questioned. JMO...

I'm talking about hauling them down there for 19 hours of "interrogation".

The fact is, SOMEONE answered that phone. Until I hear minimally, "It was probably me, but I was stoned and frankly I just don't remember it", I think that's still the best lead they have. The only lead, actually.

And meanwhile, they've PUBLICLY cleared the one person who is probably most likely to have made that phone call, a drifter, a common criminal.

frankie069
11-11-2011, 12:43 PM
[/B]

BBM

I was under the impression that Dane was missing? is there a link to them questioning him?

curiousc
11-11-2011, 12:45 PM
I was under the impression that Dane was missing? is there a link to them questioning him?

MW said herself that Dane was questioned but then he left the house and hasn't been heard of since.

ynotdivein
11-11-2011, 12:45 PM
I'll have to wait until some kind soul posts the presser again to verify this, but I was pretty sure I heard JP say that the first interviews were 8 hours for JI and 11 for DB.

tiredblondy
11-11-2011, 12:48 PM

Jeanna you're right they've got the famous Bill Stanton!!!! :innocent:

JeannaT
11-11-2011, 12:49 PM
Jeanna you're right they've got the famous Bill Stanton!!!! :innocent:

My guess - and it's just a guess based on my own experience with a law firm - they've got their own PIs.

Hope so. Maybe an insurance adjuster would be helpful in this case. THOSE guys get to the bottom of things.

In da Middle
11-11-2011, 12:49 PM
Public perception of me would be so far down the list, it wouldn't even register for me, and that is just my feeling/opinion. This whole case has a feel (TO ME) of what is good for the parents, not what is good for the baby.
I get the feeling that it is being done is what is good for only the attorneys, namely JT. I do not feel that he has the family on his priority list.

Mountain_Kat
11-11-2011, 12:51 PM
What exactly was the point of this presser?

AnonymousD
11-11-2011, 12:52 PM
I hate to ask this & sound so terribly ignorant, but when did he admit his clients were suspects?

I am at work & unable to have sound, but reading back from the LiveWire & the tweets reposted here, I seem to have missed it?

In da Middle
11-11-2011, 12:53 PM
everybody was wanting one? We aren't going to get one from LE, so I guess this is all we get.

mysteriew
11-11-2011, 12:53 PM
LOL that 30 hours total. 15 hours each. Less than two work days. How many people feel their job is done in less than 2 days? I could understand them stopping in under 2 work days if the job was done. If Lisa or her remains had been found. But the job isn't done, she hasn't been found.

Less than two days of work. They seem to think that there is nothing they can add now. How many people go into work and find they have some surprises in their work day? New questions to answer, new obstacles to overcome or objectives or time lines to meet? You can't always anticipate them and get them all done ahead of time. Same with finding Lisa. Unless they are available, how do they know whether or not there is anything they can add?

Going through the attorneys with questions. Anyone ever play gossip when they were a kid? Somehow that message always got changed. Filtering through an attorney means the attorney can apply spin, can change wording, can even withhold if they feel it is in their clients best interest.

I don't have a problem with the parents submitting to interviews and have the attorneys along. That is every citizens right. Even the parents of a missing child's right. But refusing to sit for an interview, insisting on filtering of questions by the attorneys, those things really make me feel the parents have something to hide.

yllek
11-11-2011, 12:54 PM

Dane has not been located by reporters in recent attempts to find him (according to Spellman). He was reported to have left the house and come back for questioning, then left again to move into an apartment with a friend. We don't know if he is missing to LE, just that Megan claims she does not where he is now and Spellman claims he found Dane's brother but hasn't found Dane. I'll see if I can find links in a bit. More than one report to search out.

tehcloser
11-11-2011, 12:56 PM
I hate to ask this & sound so terribly ignorant, but when did he admit his clients were suspects?

I am at work & unable to have sound, but reading back from the LiveWire & the tweets reposted here, I seem to have missed it?

I'm sitting here searching for a link to it so I can post it. It was during the presser. I'm sure I'm not the only one who heard it.

He said something about yes they were suspects, more so Debra, and the follow up was what had LE said about that, and his answer was "Just that."

tiredblondy
11-11-2011, 12:58 PM

I suspect it was because it was Baby Lisa's birthday and the attys knew they had to say something about it.

I'm just waiting to see how long it will take for the GMA or Fox news or some NATIONAL news station to show what the family did on her birthday. I really hope not but suspect that will be the case.

tiredblondy
11-11-2011, 01:02 PM
I get the feeling that it is being done is what is good for only the attorneys, namely JT. I do not feel that he has the family on his priority list.

I so agree! Now that it was announced that the case would not be solved quickly and might take years I wonder how the media deal will work.
I don't think JT expected that.

BetteDavisEyes
11-11-2011, 01:02 PM
Was the fact that today is/was Lisa's first birthday mentioned during the presser?

JeannaT
11-11-2011, 01:04 PM
Was the fact that today is/was Lisa's first birthday mentioned during the presser?

Yes. He said the family would be commemorating it today privately, and please give them space to do that. Not in those words.

katshep
11-11-2011, 01:04 PM
[/B]

BBM

It would be incompetent not to track down these people and interview them.

ynotdivein
11-11-2011, 01:05 PM
http://livewire.kmbc.com/Event/Live_Blog_Amber_Alert_Issued_For_Missing_10-Month-Old#ixzz1dPzEvr2v

The news conference has endedby Brian Foster - KMBC.com 11:16 AM

Picerno: "I ask that you respect their privacy. They're going to have a private situation there today for the family...they will do it in a way that is not public. It's a tough day for them. I hope you respect their privacy."
Picerno talking about baby Lisa's birthday

by Brian Foster - KMBC.com 11:16 AM

by Brian Foster - KMBC.com 11:14 AM

by Brian Foster - KMBC.com 11:13 AM

Reference to Lisa's birthday bolded above.

Mountain_Kat
11-11-2011, 01:10 PM
I'm not sure why anyone (outside of relatives) would care how the family chooses to commemorate Lisa's 1st birthday. It really isn't anyone's business.

tehcloser
11-11-2011, 01:10 PM
Attorney: Baby Lisa’s Parents Are Now Suspects in Her Disappearance

http://foxnewsinsider.com/2011/11/11/attorney-baby-lisas-parents-are-now-supsects-in-her-disappearance/

The most notable remark in Friday’s presser by lawyer John Piscerno came when he responded to a reporter who asked him if his clients were considered suspects by police. Piscerno answered, saying, “They’ve told them as much, sure … Debby in particular.”

presser video also at link............

katshep
11-11-2011, 01:13 PM

He said they were being "treated" by LE as "de facto suspects" that is not the same as LE declaring them suspects.

Karmaa
11-11-2011, 01:13 PM
pppffftttttttttttttttt. Well at least he admitted they are suspects.

You might want to look up the meaning of "de facto". Because what you are saying is wrong - they are NOT suspects.

Mountain_Kat
11-11-2011, 01:14 PM
He said they were being treated by LE as " [I]de facto[I] suspects" that is not the same as LE declaring them suspects.

And even if LE does come out and call them suspects, we can always debate the meaning of the word "suspect". ;)

tehcloser
11-11-2011, 01:14 PM
You might want to look up the meaning of "de facto". Because what you are saying is wrong - they are NOT suspects.

Maybe look at the link right above..........I don't think I was wrong.

tehcloser
11-11-2011, 01:16 PM
Hey, don't shoot the messenger, it was THEIR ATTORNEY wot said it not me.......lol.

stilettos
11-11-2011, 01:16 PM

http://foxnewsinsider.com/2011/11/11/attorney-baby-lisas-parents-are-now-supsects-in-her-disappearance/

The most notable remark in Friday’s presser by lawyer John Piscerno came when he responded to a reporter who asked him if his clients were considered suspects by police. Piscerno answered, saying, “They’ve told them as much, sure … Debby in particular.”

Sho' must be a pizzer when you have to admit that your own clients (Debby in particular) have been told they are suspects.:crazy:

tehcloser
11-11-2011, 01:18 PM
lol, I would be getting another attorney, this one is just making it worse....... :floorlaugh:

ynotdivein
11-11-2011, 01:18 PM
:seeya: This is a friendly and randomly-placed message from your local Grammar and Etymology Police...

Let's wait 'til someone posts vid of the presser, at which point we can slice, dice and analyze the precise wording to our hearts' contents.

Meantime, we have tweets from the presser, and a Fox report, to go on.

And the fact that we all want Baby Lisa home and safe on her birthday.

:tyou:

Karmaa
11-11-2011, 01:20 PM
I'm sitting here searching for a link to it so I can post it. It was during the presser. I'm sure I'm not the only one who heard it.

He said something about yes they were suspects, more so Debra, and the follow up was what had LE said about that, and his answer was "Just that."

Someone else posted that they were "de facto" suspects. Either way - they are NOT suspects until LE identifies them as such. Suspect has a specific meaning in legal-ese.

tehcloser
11-11-2011, 01:21 PM
:seeya: This is a friendly and randomly-placed message from your local Grammar and Etymology Police...

Let's wait 'til someone posts vid of the presser, at which point we can slice, dice and analyze the precise wording to our hearts' contents.

Meantime, we have tweets from the presser, and a Fox report, to go on.

And the fact that we all want Baby Lisa home and safe on her birthday.

:tyou:

There is a video with my link, they show the attorney saying this "de facto" was NEVER used................

yllek
11-11-2011, 01:23 PM
I'm talking about hauling them down there for 19 hours of "interrogation".

The fact is, SOMEONE answered that phone. Until I hear minimally, "It was probably me, but I was stoned and frankly I just don't remember it", I think that's still the best lead they have. The only lead, actually.

And meanwhile, they've PUBLICLY cleared the one person who is probably most likely to have made that phone call, a drifter, a common criminal.

Again, we don't know what was done or not done.

I don't think you or I is qualified to say what was done by LE or not. JMO. We simply don't know whether Jersey passed a poly and is caught on surveillance or ID'd by witnesses as being elsewhere during the entire time frame of the possible removal of Lisa from the home. We don't know if the roomies were "hauled" in for interrogation. We know the parents were voluntarily interrogated for some hours before refusing to be interrogated further. They are not being "hauled" in for more interrogation against their will, though many of us believe that the gaps and inconsistencies in Debbi's time line could afford LE their best leads if she were to aid LE in filling them in. We all have our opinions; LE has facts that we do not, which helps them determine how they pursue various leads.

I have no idea why you feel Jersey is most likely to have made the call on one of those phones, but doesn't matter. I respect your opinion. But, I do respectfully disagree that any one of us has more insight or more information about the leads and validity of leads uncovered in LE's investigation than LE themselves. JMO...

BritsKate
11-11-2011, 01:23 PM

Respectfully who cares what I think? What Nancy Grace says? What Mark Fuhrman believes?

They need to do what is in the best interest of their daughter. If there is an abductor I believe humanizing Lisa would most certainly be in her best interest. I don't really care if they cry, scream, rant and rave, or stare comatose into a camera - just appeal directly to the abductor, over and over, for as long as it takes. Make Lisa the focus - make certain the abductor is forced to realize that this is a loved and wanted child. KWIM?

JMHO

scmom
11-11-2011, 01:24 PM
There's no getting around the fact that common LE practice is to look at the family first. Statistics indicate those closest to a victim are the most likely to have a reason to do something to their loved one. So, yes I would have to say they were treated as suspects, even if LE has never stated they are, in fact, suspects.

Karmaa
11-11-2011, 01:31 PM
Well, if the parents are actual named suspects, that does put things in a different light. That's a shame. I was really hoping that they were not officially suspects.

That still doesn't mean that they are guilty - but it means that LE has more evidence on them than we thought. That's a shame - I would so much rather that a baby not be harmed by their parents.

Karmaa
11-11-2011, 01:37 PM
There's no getting around the fact that common LE practice is to look at the family first. Statistics indicate those closest to a victim are the most likely to have a reason to do something to their loved one. So, yes I would have to say they were treated as suspects, even if LE has never stated they are, in fact, suspects.

Well, there are two meanings to the word "suspect". The first one is just what we think - the cops are suspicious of that person. And of course, in this case, the cops would look at family first.

The second meaning is a legal term. It means that the person has been put into a specific category of being looked at. Usually it won't be used until LE is pretty darned sure they did something. If their lawyer actually said that they are suspects, and didn't qualify it - chances are that it doesn't look good for the parents.

It doesn't knock me off the fence - only actual EVIDENCE will do that, but it definitely influences my thoughts. What a shame.

Aedrys
11-11-2011, 01:39 PM
So if it's so stressful for the boys to have cameras in their lives, then why tape them trick or treating? I guess the deal with ABC is off now? No more random videos of the boys? I was half expecting something in front of the cameras from the family today. I'm glad I was wrong.

And Picerno even asked the media to respect the family's privacy. Hey Joe, how about keeping the family OUT of the media altogether? You have a press conference, you go to the media to talk to them, and then ask the media to respect their privacy?

Stuff like that drives me CRAZY about this case. :banghead::furious:

cityslick
11-11-2011, 01:39 PM

Teh, he's saying it like it's an accusation, like 'they are accusing my client of being a suspect', not stating it as a fact.

LE has stated there are no suspects as recent as a few days ago.

tehcloser
11-11-2011, 01:40 PM
That's the hardest part of these cases, thinking the parent/parents are involved.......because it's just not supposed to be that way.

tehcloser
11-11-2011, 01:41 PM
Teh, he's saying it like it's an accusation, like 'they are accusing my client of being a suspect', not stating it as a fact.

LE has stated there are no suspects as recent as a few days ago.

People can listen and decide for themselves what they hear. To me he admitted, which really should not surprise anyone, that yes LE is looking at them as suspects.

cityslick
11-11-2011, 01:42 PM
Respectfully who cares what I think? What Nancy Grace says? What Mark Fuhrman believes?

They need to do what is in the best interest of their daughter. If there is an abductor I believe humanizing Lisa would most certainly be in her best interest. I don't really care if they cry, scream, rant and rave, or stare comatose into a camera - just appeal directly to the abductor, over and over, for as long as it takes. Make Lisa the focus - make certain the abductor is forced to realize that this is a loved and wanted child. KWIM?

JMHO

They are going to get criticized no matter what they do. They can waltz into the station today and do 10 more hours of interviews and people will find some other fault.

When you think someone is guilty, you will always find a way to mold an event, even it's a good thing, into a negative.

Aedrys
11-11-2011, 01:42 PM
Well, there are two meanings to the word "suspect". The first one is just what we think - the cops are suspicious of that person. And of course, in this case, the cops would look at family first.

The second meaning is a legal term. It means that the person has been put into a specific category of being looked at. Usually it won't be used until LE is pretty darned sure they did something. If their lawyer actually said that they are suspects, and didn't qualify it - chances are that it doesn't look good for the parents.

It doesn't knock me off the fence - only actual EVIDENCE will do that, but it definitely influences my thoughts. What a shame.

ITA. LE usually doesn't even want to name anyone as suspects unless they are sure of something or have good reason to. I've followed several cases, including Kyron's, where the police are carefully NOT to name anyone, even the obvious people, as suspects. Grant it, LE did not name them publicly here, but if what Picerno is saying is true, then they at least told the parents they were suspects, and now everyone knows it thanks to Picerno.

Of course, there could be a statement from LE later that they aren't suspects. I wouldn't be surprised.

curiousc
11-11-2011, 01:43 PM
LE rarely names suspects or POI's anymore. However, what is telling to me is LE's focus on the parents and the fact that they have followed 959+ leads and none have taken them elsewhere. And I cannot forget the cadaver dog hit. I think they have a suspect and have all along.

IMO

cityslick
11-11-2011, 01:43 PM
People can listen and decide for themselves what they hear. To me he admitted, which really should not surprise anyone, that yes LE is looking at them as suspects.

So in other words LE is bold face lying to the media when they say they have no suspects?

Ok.

tehcloser
11-11-2011, 01:44 PM
So in other words LE is bold face lying to the media when they say they have no suspects?

Ok.

It's just the way LE operates when naming/not naming suspects/poi's..............

cityslick
11-11-2011, 01:45 PM
It's just the way LE operates when naming/not naming suspects/poi's..............

What else is LE lying about to the media?

dog.gone.cute
11-11-2011, 01:46 PM

BBM: Thank You for this link.

MOO ... IMO, DB and JI have been "suspects" since the onset of the parents' "claim" that Baby Lisa was taken by an "intruder" ...

IMO ... there was "something" that sent "red flags" immediately to LE who first responded at the home that DB and JI were NOT telling the truth :waitasec: And what that "something" is I wish I knew !

IMO ... DB and JI have "always" come across as though they are "hiding something" ... IF they were NOT hiding anything, than they would be "camped out" on LE's doorstep !

IMO ... LE seems to be "hesitant" to actually NAME a person as a "suspect" for fear of a lawsuit ...

MOO ...

tehcloser
11-11-2011, 01:48 PM
What else is LE lying about to the media?

LE is not the bad guy here, really. They wouldn't have to say/not say anything if the perps would just tell the truth but we know they don't. Let's keep the blame where it lies. Not with the good guys.

cityslick
11-11-2011, 01:49 PM
Not only that, but the warrants would be fast and furious if they were focusing on the parents as suspects.

You followed the Cooper case teh, tell me, how obvious was it that the investigation was focused on Brad Cooper before they named him a suspect? Not the same police force but there are clues when LE is turning attention on someone, even if they don't say as much to the media. I haven't seen that happen here.

cityslick
11-11-2011, 01:52 PM
LE is not the bad guy here, really. They wouldn't have to say/not say anything if the perps would just tell the truth but we know they don't. Let's keep the blame where it lies. Not with the good guys.

What if LE comes out with a statement today that says again, there are no suspects? Do we not just buy that anymore?

tehcloser
11-11-2011, 01:53 PM
Different LE handle things differently......sometimes it's obvious, sometimes it's not. I don't have a problem saying I think LE is messing up in a case if I think they are. I've said some wonderful things about Putnam County LE... :floorlaugh: But honestly. I just don't see LE doing anything wrong here.

Aedrys
11-11-2011, 01:53 PM

Thank you. I have seen a lot of trashing of the LE in a lot of threads on this forum. We don't even know what they know, and I'm not taking the parents' or their attorneys word as golden for what LE is doing and saying. LE is keeping this investigation close to the chest and until we know what they know, we should stop passing such harsh judgment on them. We can't judge this case by any other case either. I haven't heard of a bad track record with this particular LE, and so far, they seem to be doing a good job here, unless we believe every single thing coming out of the DB, JI, or their attorney's mouths.

Feel sympathy for the parents, but that doesn't mean that LE are evil and out to get them either. There has to be a reason that LE can't clear these parents. And from what I've seen, these parents haven't exactly cleared themselves either, just the opposite. I really get tired of LE getting the short end of the stick in this case. They have not done anything egregiously wrong that we know of for a FACT.

tehcloser
11-11-2011, 01:54 PM
What if LE comes out with a statement today that says again, there are no suspects? Do we not just buy that anymore?

The rules get changed when LE publicly names a suspect........we know how this works.

Karmaa
11-11-2011, 01:54 PM
ITA. LE usually doesn't even want to name anyone as suspects unless they are sure of something or have good reason to. I've followed several cases, including Kyron's, where the police are carefully NOT to name anyone, even the obvious people, as suspects. Grant it, LE did not name them publicly here, but if what Picerno is saying is true, then they at least told the parents they were suspects, and now everyone knows it thanks to Picerno.

Of course, there could be a statement from LE later that they aren't suspects. I wouldn't be surprised.

I truly hope so. I really REALLY don't want these parents to be guilty of harming their baby. I mean - I don't want anyone to have done it, but I hate to think that these parents, who seemed to be good parents, who seemed to love and care for their children, could be evil. And evil it would be.

I hope that this new lawyer just mis-spoke or expected that the reporters would know what he "meant" or something, and that the family are not officially suspects. If so, I imagine that JT will be looking for prestigious local lawyer 3 real soon.

winterrose
11-11-2011, 01:55 PM
Did anyone just hear what MK was saying on FoxNews?I only caught part of it,phone call to MW was at 11 something,at one point someone tried to get into DB's voicemail and at 3:17am into internet thru the phone.Not sure if the voicemail or internet was successful,but why would someone try to get into DB's voicemail?

katshep
11-11-2011, 01:57 PM
Maybe look at the link right above..........I don't think I was wrong.

One can be a de facto suspect because the police are investigating. One does not become a suspect until there is probable cause for arrest. The Supreme Court has reversed many de facto arrest cases where police conduct an involuntary transport to a police station for interrogation where there is no warrant, arrest or probable cause. The information obtained was thrown out by the courts.
Picerno should have been more artful in his choice of words. Reporters don't understand this stuff.

tehcloser
11-11-2011, 01:58 PM
No, I missed the new phone info......but here's what I think is going on. The wheels are coming off the bus. Damage control is being attempted, and hey, that's why those guys get paid the big bucks! I think we are fixing to see a lot of movement........I hope so anyway.

Aedrys
11-11-2011, 01:58 PM
I truly hope so. I really REALLY don't want these parents to be guilty of harming their baby. I mean - I don't want anyone to have done it, but I hate to think that these parents, who seemed to be good parents, who seemed to love and care for their children, could be evil. And evil it would be.

I hope that this new lawyer just mis-spoke or expected that the reporters would know what he "meant" or something, and that the family are not officially suspects. If so, I imagine that JT will be looking for prestigious local lawyer 3 real soon.

I agree with you. I find myself not wanting to believe it either. I truly hope that they are innocent. It's just not looking very good for them. It's not good that their lawyers keep making missteps either. They should all stay out of the media and let LE do their job.

tehcloser
11-11-2011, 01:59 PM
One can be a de facto suspect because the police are investigating. One does not become a suspect until there is probable cause for arrest. The Supreme Court has reversed many de facto arrest cases where conduct an involuntary transport to a police station for interrogation where there is no warrant, arrest or probable cause. The information obtained was thrown out by the courts.

The lawyer never used the words "de facto".

winterrose
11-11-2011, 01:59 PM
No, I missed the new phone info......but here's what I think is going on. The wheels are coming off the bus. Damage control is being attempted, and hey, that's why those guys get paid the big bucks! I think we are fixing to see a lot of movement........I hope so anyway.

It will come out soon in the media,sorry I only caught part of it,never expected the new info.

BritsKate
11-11-2011, 02:01 PM
They are going to get criticized no matter what they do. They can waltz into the station today and do 10 more hours of interviews and people will find some other fault.

When you think someone is guilty, you will always find a way to mold an event, even it's a good thing, into a negative.

And the opposite is also often true if you believe someone to be innocent. My point remains that what we believe, think, state, or opine should not factor into the parents doing what is in the best interest of their children.

The circuitous argument I see is that it is reasonable for the parents to not be appealing because they will be castigated by the public so they don't and then they are criticized. Who really cares if they're criticized? What does it matter in the larger scheme if a large proportion of the population believe them complicit in their daughter's disappearance if their daughter is returned?

katshep
11-11-2011, 02:02 PM
Did anyone just hear what MK was saying on FoxNews?I only caught part of it,phone call to MW was at 11 something,at one point someone tried to get into DB's voicemail and at 3:17am into internet thru the phone.Not sure if the voicemail or internet was successful,but why would someone try to get into DB's voicemail?

To delete vm.

LaLaw2000
11-11-2011, 02:04 PM

The lawyer also stated that *86 was hit on DB's cell phone to get to voicemail and then the person would have had to have her personal access code to get TO the actual voicemail messages. (in so many words - not exact verbage)

The cell phone (pings) never left a one third of a mile radius of the Irwin home. Megan K. asked the lawyer why Jersey would sit somewhere that close to the Irwin home with Baby Lisa if he had kidnapped her. He had no answer directly that I can remember.

It is just JMO, but I do not think anyone ever had that cell phone other than DB or a family member.

I also would like to know if this lawyer stated that the attempt to access the internet on that cell phone was sucessful. Anyone know?

JMO

Dewey2Me1MoThyme
11-11-2011, 02:04 PM

I'm voting this post of the week. The interview had hardly started when some were posting negativity instead of listening to what was being said in context. If you go into it looking for fault you are sure to find it, that is not helping Lisa. If these lawyers and parents stood on their heads and spit out wooden nickles, some would say they should have spit out dimes. there is just no satisfying those who don't wish to be satisfied IMHO.
The presser was what it was, a presser, an update, what we all have been begging for. :twocents:

Karmaa
11-11-2011, 02:05 PM
The lawyer never used the words "de facto".

I think what Katshep means is that if LE has not "officially" named them as suspects, then they are de facto suspects. That is - LE is treating them as if they are suspects, but has not actually officially declared them as such.

I would have immediately thought that until the part where Picerno said (paraphrased) "like you think it means" to the question "what did they mean by suspects". At that point, either Picerno is agreeing that they are officially suspects, or is trying to be cute and clever and sidestep the issue - in which case he is an IDIOT.

Sparklin
11-11-2011, 02:06 PM
Oldest boy asked Picerno: "are you going to help us find Lisa?". #babylisa #lisairwin
5 minutes ago

brought to tears to my eyes and broke my heart

LaLaw2000
11-11-2011, 02:06 PM

Naptime?

:innocent:

dog.gone.cute
11-11-2011, 02:07 PM

Ok.

BBM: It would NOT surprise me if LE does come out with a statement "disputing" JP's comments from today's presser ...

AND IMO ... IF LE were to come out and say there is no suspect -- IMO, it would be :

(1) a CYA so LE des not get "sued" by these "sue-happy attorneys" and
(2) it is one of LE's "tactics"

We live in a litigious society ... and we live in a society where the "suspects" and "poi's" seem to have more rights than the VICTIMS ! This makes me :furious: and this needs to CHANGE !

I am tired of these "defense attorneys" ... and don't get me wrong -- I firmly believe that you are "innocent" until "proven guilty" ...

But these "defense attorneys" like JT, JP, JB ... have taken it to "another level" ...

MOO ...

cityslick
11-11-2011, 02:07 PM
And the opposite is also often true if you believe someone to be innocent. My point remains that what we believe, think, state, or opine should not factor into the parents doing what is in the best interest of their children.

The circuitous argument I see is that it is reasonable for the parents to not be appealing because they will be castigated by the public so they don't and then they are criticized. Who really cares if they're criticized? What does it matter in the larger scheme if a large proportion of the population believe them complicit in their daughter's disappearance if their daughter is returned?

I don't think they care about the public IMO. I think they care about LE trying to do strong arm interrogation tactics on them, regardless of whether they are innocent or guilty.

winterrose
11-11-2011, 02:09 PM
The lawyer also stated that *86 was hit on DB's cell phone to get to voicemail and then the person would have had to have her personal access code to get TO the actual voicemail messages. (in so many words - not exact verbage)

The cell phone (pings) never left a one third of a mile radius of the Irwin home. Megan K. asked the lawyer why Jersey would sit somewhere that close to the Irwin home with Baby Lisa if he had kidnapped her. He had no answer directly that I can remember.

It is just JMO, but I do not think anyone ever had that cell phone other than DB or a family member.

I also would like to know if this lawyer stated that the attempt to access the internet on that cell phone was sucessful. Anyone know?

JMO

Oh thank you,I'm so glad you heard it.I was thinking,"Why in the world would an off the street kidnapper try to get into her voicemail?"I think the lawyer said he didn't know if getting into the internet was successful.So we don't know if someone got into the voicemail or the internet.I'm having a hard time seeing JT doing this,he'd probably try to wipe it clean and sell it. IMO

Sparklin
11-11-2011, 02:10 PM

After the 30 hours of interviews, should they have just submitted to hourly interrogation/questions/accusations?? How much time would be good enough in 6 weeks? Is there a time? If there are more than 30 hours of questions, then maybe LE should have kept the accusations out of the equation and just asked what they needed!!!

Aedrys
Naptime?

:innocent:

Yes. Teh, you are hereby ORDERED to go take a nap! :rocker:

DeAnn
Here is the raw video from the 11 am news conference by John Picerno. The first sentence about it being a "fancy" about them not cooperating is cut off but it's 99.9 percent of the news conference.

Slice and dice sleuthers!

http://www.kctv5.com/video?autoStart=true&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=6443990

nursebeeme
11-11-2011, 02:11 PM
spread on out to the appropriate topic threads peeps.... the cell phone thread is bumped up for that discussion... this thread will be closing shortly as the presser is over

Mountain_Kat
11-11-2011, 02:17 PM

You mean someone OTHER than DB herself? No clue.

tehcloser
11-11-2011, 02:19 PM
He knew the phone info was coming......might as well go ahead and admit they are suspects.

katshep
11-11-2011, 02:20 PM
Sho' must be a pizzer when you have to admit that your own clients (Debby in particular) have been told they are suspects.:crazy:

At the 19 hour interrogation LE accused her of killing her child to try to get a confession. We have known all along that the police from the beginning have thought that she was involved, but they still don't have evidence that would give them probable cause to make an arrest. Gut instinct is not evidence.

annalia
11-11-2011, 02:27 PM
I don't think they care about the public IMO. I think they care about LE trying to do strong arm interrogation tactics on them, regardless of whether they are innocent or guilty.

Oh I disagree, they care very much about the public and every potential future juror.

Did anyone really expect the defense attorney to say anything other than what will paint his client is the best possible light?

nursebeeme
11-11-2011, 02:28 PM
spread on out to the appropriate topic threads peeps.... the cell phone thread is bumped up for that discussion... this thread will be closing shortly as the presser is over

bumpity bumpity... spread on out