PDA

View Full Version : GA - Jorelys Rivera, 7, Canton, 2 Dec 2011 - #1

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

Sailor Bug
12-06-2011, 04:15 PM
per WSB tv 4:00 news
RSO living nearby are officially ruled OUT as suspects per GBI!

I don't care if they say RSO (registered sexual offender) are ruled out
there is a SO who sexually abused and viciously murdered this precious child.

I am sick of them all-------->our beautiful children are being abused, molested, beaten and murdered thown away like trash and wer':banghead:e worried about being politically correct

ClaireNC
12-06-2011, 04:18 PM
From the press conference this morning and reported in several articles such as this:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/12/06/jorelys-rivera_n_1132110.html

"This was a very calculated and planned crime," Keenan said. Police did not give a time of death."

Does anybody have any knowledge or speculation about why the police would think this was a calculated and planned crime?

From my limited knowledge of how LE work, forensics and based on what has been released to the public, I suspect they found some things in the vacant apartment to lead LE to that conclusion. Any other thoughts?

MsFacetious
12-06-2011, 04:20 PM
How did they determine time of death?
Stomach contents maybe? That drink she went to get?

I find it odd that he places himself near the crime when it occurred...
and then to say the gf watched the child on the playground but HE never saw Jorely???:waitasec:
Yes, I too hope he is being looked at very closely.
Heck I even wrote his name down!

I found him a little odd, but mostly because it instantly reminded me of another suspect...

The woman on Nancy... who was holding the dog... (I think she was anyway) made me think too.
She herself said Jorelys loved animals. Does she have a male family member living with her or visiting?

Craig Gregerson's wife was interviewed before they found Destiny Norton's body in her house...
Craig also let the cops in to "look around" while Destiny's body was still in the house...

They didn't look through the apartments till about 10pm according to neighbors... the person had plenty of time to clean up.

Angleena
12-06-2011, 04:25 PM
If you count the buildings in order starting from the front the one I referenced above would be the 7th building going from front to back?? I wish we knew. I guess that's the one that makes most sense to me.

I tried to Google 7000 and then each street in the neighborhood thinking that may be an address, but nothing came up on any of the streets, so they must be listed differently.

Here are the layout plans for each apartment as well as the layout for the entire complex. Each building is numbered in this map, maybe that will help.

http://www.riverridgeatcanton.com/images/plans.jpg

lauriej
12-06-2011, 04:29 PM
http://www.hlntv.com/video/2011/12/06/neighbor-speaks-out-missing-georgia-girl-found-dumpster
---video / article @ link--
Jorelys Rivera's neighbor speaks out

Nancy Grace speaks with neighbor of the late Jorelys Rivera

katydid23
12-06-2011, 04:30 PM
I agree that the apartment maintenance staff needs to be checked. Where has it been published that she might have gone missing as early as 3:45?

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased GA - Jorely Rivera, 7, Canton, 2 Dec 2011

here is the link to the post which talks about a local tv report with a mother who lives in the complex. She was in the park with her kids and when she left at 3:45, Jorely was still there with her little sisters. I do not know if there has been any other credible sightings after that time because the other one was from the babysitter I believe. And right now I am taking her statements with a big grain of salt.

bunky
12-06-2011, 04:32 PM
From the press conference this morning and reported in several articles such as this:

"This was a very calculated and planned crime," Keenan said. Police did not give a time of death."

Does anybody have any knowledge or speculation about why the police would think this was a calculated and planned crime?

From my limited knowledge of how LE work, forensics and based on what has been released to the public, I suspect they found some things in the vacant apartment to lead LE to that conclusion. Any other thoughts?

Reference to bolded sentence above, that means someone knew when mom went to work and when this child was either left unattended or when her babysitter let her play outside. Joseph Duncan comes to mind. :furious:

katydid23
12-06-2011, 04:32 PM
How did they determine time of death?
Stomach contents maybe? That drink she went to get?

I found him a little odd, but mostly because it instantly reminded me of another suspect...

The woman on Nancy... who was holding the dog... (I think she was anyway) made me think too.
She herself said Jorelys loved animals. Does she have a male family member living with her or visiting?

Craig Gregerson's wife was interviewed before they found Destiny Norton's body in her house...
Craig also let the cops in to "look around" while Destiny's body was still in the house...

They didn't look through the apartments till about 10pm according to neighbors... the person had plenty of time to clean up.

He also reminds me of the law student they interviewed about his missing neighbor, a friend of his from law school. He was also very odd and they ended up arresting him for her murder.

ClaireNC
12-06-2011, 04:37 PM
No, it was just implied because the kids were outside while mom was inside asleep. And the mom said she had not seen her daughter since the night before. So it makes me think that mom slept in each afternoon and the babysitter was supposed to keep the kids busy outside while mom slept. Just my opinion.

Katydid, Please know I am not attacking you. I just question your assumption. If Jorelys was going home to get a drink, doesn't that imply that she was not forbidden to go into the apartment, but knew that Mom was sleeping so she needed to be quiet? For all we know the teenaged babysitter was in the apartment when she got home from school. We don't know that children were not "allowed" in the house.

The family lives in Georgia, people living in warmer climates often enjoy being outside. So it would be normal for the children to play outside after school. Not something that is forced.

ClaireNC
12-06-2011, 04:47 PM
http://www.hlntv.com/video/2011/12/06/neighbor-speaks-out-missing-georgia-girl-found-dumpster
---video / article @ link--
Jorelys Rivera's neighbor speaks out

Nancy Grace speaks with neighbor of the late Jorelys Rivera

Thanks for posting that Lauriej. I was not able to find the link, so I really appreciate your post!

IMO there is definitely something strange about that guy. He keeps looking down the to the right while speaking. Never really makes eye contact.

I also find it odd that he answered the question "How far away was the dumpster?" so quickly. He said "400 yards" with no hesitation. I am a fairly smart/educated person, but I would not be able to estimate the distance that quickly.

Kat
12-06-2011, 04:51 PM

Nope. The only thoughts I have are what you think, that they have evidence they have recovered from that empty unlocked apt that has allowed them to conclude that this was calculated and planned. Because if we look at just what little we know it doesn't look planned. KWIM? So there has to be something they have that they haven't told us about. JMHO

katydid23
12-06-2011, 04:55 PM
Katydid, Please know I am not attacking you. I just question your assumption. If Jorelys was going home to get a drink, doesn't that imply that she was not forbidden to go into the apartment, but knew that Mom was sleeping so she needed to be quiet? For all we know the teenaged babysitter was in the apartment when she got home from school. We don't know that children were not "allowed" in the house.

The family lives in Georgia, people living in warmer climates often enjoy being outside. So it would be normal for the children to play outside after school. Not something that is forced.

I did not say she was 'forbidden' from entering the apartment. But Mom says she did not even see her 7 yr old since the night before. So that tells me that the child did not go home after school and check in with mom. I am not trying to blame the mother, just wondering out loud if the kids were free to go inside and stay while mom was sleeping before work. And 5:30 is not that warm in December. And I think most 7 yr olds and 4 yr olds and 1 yr olds would be tired and want to be inside at that time. I got the feeling from the descriptions we read that the kids were expected to stay outside so mom could sleep. I could be wrong, which is why I said it was something I hoped was not true.

ClaireNC
12-06-2011, 05:04 PM
I did not say she was 'forbidden' from entering the apartment. But Mom says she did not even see her 7 yr old since the night before. So that tells me that the child did not go home after school and check in with mom. I am not trying to blame the mother, just wondering out loud if the kids were free to go inside and stay while mom was sleeping before work. And 5:30 is not that warm in December. And I think most 7 yr olds and 4 yr olds and 1 yr olds would be tired and want to be inside at that time. I got the feeling from the descriptions we read that the kids were expected to stay outside so mom could sleep. I could be wrong, which is why I said it was something I hoped was not true.

Thanks for the clarification! I get what you mean.

As for the temperature in Georgia at 5:30 this time of year, it might be fairly warm, but it IS getting dark. I live in North Carolina and it is now 5:00, it is close to 80 degrees, but it is getting dark quickly.

We don't really know if the other children on the playground were her siblings, but if it was, they should have been taken in the house at that time.

deelytful1
12-06-2011, 05:05 PM
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f159/deelytful1/4032478013c4f0e4914cedbe8d788c17.jpg

For Bunky

She looks like she had a great personality!

Kat
12-06-2011, 05:09 PM
This was clipped from a video of NG show that patty uploaded to her youtube channel (thanks patty!)

I can't attest to the accuracy of NG map but it might help for those members that are looking at their own maps? HTH.

It's blurry but it was like that when I snipped it. There was one of the dumpster too I'll grab that just in case anyone wants to have a look.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Sierra1947#p/u/0/y16STVHDcLc

lonetraveler
12-06-2011, 05:14 PM
He also reminds me of the law student they interviewed about his missing neighbor, a friend of his from law school. He was also very odd and they ended up arresting him for her murder.

OMG, I also thought about that case as I was viewing the interview of the neighbor, I guess we think alike, LOL. This guy being interviewed was getting a really dry mouth and having to swallow a lot. He may just have a problem with looking at the camera but you are right, he was looking everywhere but at the camera. My husband could rattle off distances and measurements very accurately, just had a nack for it.

Kat
12-06-2011, 05:16 PM
Two photos of dumpster where her body was eventually located from NG show.

Photo #1: Shows the dumpster where the trash is tossed in from the left hand side of the screen and then compacted (I assume is the covered side).

Photo #2: shows the control panel of the compacter. I think at the very top is where the key goes in order to turn on compacter. But that is my guess.

Both of these photos were snipped from Patty's uploaded youtube video, I posted the link to that video in post backthread. HTH.

Bravo
12-06-2011, 05:24 PM
Praying this monster is caught soon. Don't want to read of another poor victim. Somebody this heinous and violent wont stop until caught :furious:

New1
12-06-2011, 05:27 PM
Thanks georgiagirl for the link to the Huffingtom post

BBM below from the article :waitasec:
Investigators believe a Georgia girl abducted from a residential playground was taken to a nearby vacant apartment, where she was sexually assaulted, stabbed and beaten to death before her body was placed in a trash bin, authorities said Tuesday.

Several sex offenders living at the complex have been identified and interviewed, Keenan said. But he added, "We have no reason to believe, at this point, that sex offenders are involved."

A sex offender WAS most definitely involved if she was sexually assaulted. It just might not be a "registered" sex offender, but a sex offender nonetheless.

bunky
12-06-2011, 05:36 PM
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f159/deelytful1/4032478013c4f0e4914cedbe8d788c17.jpg

For Bunky

She looks like she had a great personality!

deelytful,
thank you!!

stilettos
12-06-2011, 05:38 PM
Thanks for the clarification! I get what you mean.

As for the temperature in Georgia at 5:30 this time of year, it might be fairly warm, but it IS getting dark. I live in North Carolina and it is now 5:00, it is close to 80 degrees, but it is getting dark quickly.

We don't really know if the other children on the playground were her siblings, but if it was, they should have been taken in the house at that time.

IIRC it would have been between the high 50's to low 60's by 5:30 that night.

katydid23
12-06-2011, 05:41 PM
IIRC it would have been between the high 50's to low 60's by 5:30 that night.

The mother who was in the park with her own kids that afternoon said the reason she left at 3:45 was because her son was cold and wanted to go inside.

===============================================

WSBTV local news broadcast...

- reporter at command center says crew just took off in hurry, gathered equipment including ropes and headed to area they say includes a steep incline
- two of Jorely's friends say her sister was playing with her and sister went inside because she was cold and Jorely was outside by herself, last time they saw her was at 3:45 pm
- reporter went to mother's apartment and mother wouldn't talk to him, female at door said there was nothing new and she (mother) didn't want to talk to them
- LE says family is cooperating, no one has been ruled out, everyone is a person of interest

Ms Suzanne
12-06-2011, 05:52 PM
Praying this monster is caught soon. Don't want to read of another poor victim. Somebody this heinous and violent wont stop until caught :furious:
I'm praying the person is caught soon too.This poor sweet little girl.My heart goes out to her mother and family and friends.

stilettos
12-06-2011, 05:52 PM
The mother who was in the park with her own kids that afternoon said the reason she left at 3:45 was because her son was cold and wanted to go inside.

===============================================

WSBTV local news broadcast...

- reporter at command center says crew just took off in hurry, gathered equipment including ropes and headed to area they say includes a steep incline
- two of Jorely's friends say her sister was playing with her and sister went inside because she was cold and Jorely was outside by herself, last time they saw her was at 3:45 pm
- reporter went to mother's apartment and mother wouldn't talk to him, female at door said there was nothing new and she (mother) didn't want to talk to them
- LE says family is cooperating, no one has been ruled out, everyone is a person of interest

Weather underground says at 5:35pm the temp was 52 degrees F. If properly dressed, IMO that is not cold. The high in Canton that day was 62. http://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/KCNI/2011/12/2/DailyHistory.html?req_city=NA&req_state=NA&req_statename=NA

mrsu
12-06-2011, 05:53 PM
http://canton-ga.patch.com/articles/in-river-ridge-fear#video-8632798

In one of the interviews the last lady states she saw Jorelys outside her apartment at 5:00

She said THURSDAY night, not FRIDAY the night she went missing.

gngr~snap
12-06-2011, 06:02 PM
Watching prime news on HLN... they did just mention a bloody mattress! :eek:

mrsu
12-06-2011, 06:03 PM
Per VP on Prime News....mattress with blood on it found in vacant apartment.

Ms Suzanne
12-06-2011, 06:04 PM
I don't know what to think.Why didn't her killer just leave the area with her and attack her or put her body away from the area she lived.She was attacked in an vacant apt?Who would have known about an vacant apt?Someone that lived there?or familar with the apartment building?Someone with out a car?Unless the person who killed her was not from the area at all.Transient?

Magdalyn
12-06-2011, 06:06 PM
Per channel 2 news (WSB), DFCS has confirmed today that they have had contact in the past with this family.

It was also mentioned it had to do with neighbor reports of lack of supervision.

gngr~snap
12-06-2011, 06:07 PM
Wondering if Nancy Grace will have the male neighbor on again tonight?
I have a "feeling" he lived in the BLDG next to the playground.

mrsu
Apparently a boy went missing for a few hours a few weeks ago.

Neighbor was talking to worker at the complex who mentioned: With all these vacant apartments on the lower level, it would be really easy to abduct a child. (or something to that affect)

She passed her tip on to GBI.

Neighbor was on with VP.

Per VP on Prime News

Ms Suzanne
Per channel 2 news (WSB), DFCS has confirmed today that they have had contact in the past with this family.

It was also mentioned it had to do with neighbor reports of lack of supervision.
But she had a baby sitter.

katydid23
12-06-2011, 06:08 PM
Weather underground says at 5:35pm the temp was 52 degrees F. If properly dressed, IMO that is not cold. The high in Canton that day was 62. http://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/KCNI/2011/12/2/DailyHistory.html?req_city=NA&req_state=NA&req_statename=NA

Bjut they might not have been properly dressed. I am not sure that Jorely even went home after school that day. She may have been wearing her school clothes and not a heavy coat.

Wise Old Owl
12-06-2011, 06:08 PM
Ms. Suzanne - at the press conference today it was said that the killer lived at the complex or had ready access to the complex - so I don't think this creep was a transient at all. It was also said that this was "calculated and planned". I'm still pondering over what LE could have found that would lead them to say that.

Magdalyn
12-06-2011, 06:11 PM
But she had a baby sitter.

Just reporting the facts as they were reported on the news. :seeya: I'm guessing several people were seeing the kids outside, often, without a babysitter.

Kat
12-06-2011, 06:12 PM
For anyone that wants to watch news coverage streamed online:

http://www.rentadrone.tv/hln-live-stream-feed/

Ms Suzanne
12-06-2011, 06:13 PM
Ms. Suzanne - at the press conference today it was said that the killer lived at the complex or had ready access to the complex - so I don't think this creep was a transient at all. It was also said that this was "calculated and planned". I'm still pondering over what LE could have found that would lead them to say that.

It does sound like the person lived there or was familar with the apt.

Shelby2
12-06-2011, 06:14 PM
I just read a FB comment saying nobody has seen the maintenance man since Sunday, he didn't show up for work on Monday, was seen in the area around 7PM the night she went missing. Could just be a rumor.

Kat
12-06-2011, 06:14 PM
On news, you can access trash compactor through woods and not be seen by apartments. However you could walk through the apt. complex with a trash bag and no one would think it odd. (something to that effect).

Kat
12-06-2011, 06:17 PM
My internet is slowing down here and there so I'm not hearing the entire broadcast (it's probably a local issue here it usually is) someone please keep transcribing?

mrsu
12-06-2011, 06:17 PM
Per Prime News...updated map

Yellow check mark - Jorelys apt complex
Purple check mark - building that is being investigated

Was stated that someone could easily walk thru the woods to get to the trash bin if they didn't want to be seen.

Wise Old Owl
12-06-2011, 06:18 PM
Per Mike Brooks on HLN - there was NO FORCED ENTRY into the vacant apt. He just showed the crime scene tape and the cameraman filmed as best he could. This place really reminds me of the place that I had lived in. Our apt was right up against the "retaining" wall of the complex with just a narrow walkway behind our buidling and the wall. The apt that we found open was just next door and it was eerie how much it looked like what they just showed on HLN.

Surveillance cameras are a NECESSITY for places like this. There wasn't any at the complex we lived in and though it was somewhat gated - the gates were NEVER closed. That always bothered me.

mrsu
12-06-2011, 06:18 PM
No security cameras what so ever

WillenFan21
12-06-2011, 06:20 PM
Per Mike Brooks on HLN - there was NO FORCED ENTRY into the vacant apt. He just showed the crime scene tape and the cameraman filmed as best he could. This place really reminds me of the place that I had lived in. Our apt was right up against the "retaining" wall of the complex with just a narrow walkway behind our buidling and the wall. The apt that we found open was just next door and it was eerie how much it looked like what they just showed on HLN.

Surveillance cameras are a NECESSITY for places like this. There wasn't any at the complex we lived in and though it was somewhat gated - the gates were NEVER closed. That always bothered me.

Considering that there is a playground and stuff at this place I find it completely crazy that there were not cameras around.

Ms Suzanne

Transient living in the vacant apt? Not renting it?

Wise Old Owl
Per Mike Brooks - look for an arrest very soon. Oh Lord, let's hope so.

Kat
oh man OT but seeing the alter set up for her tugged at my heart :(

WillenFan21
12-06-2011, 06:25 PM
With all due respect I'd bet WS peeps will know way before NG has it on her show, Lol. I appreciate NG for her devotion to finding missing chilldren and I'd better stop there cuz there is another thread for NG :biggrin:

oooh I know that!! I meant if people picked up on something suspicious on her show by like the one of the guest that Nancy didn't pick up on. You know like an inconsistency or something odd that the guest said. I just meant if you let me know or wanted her to be made aware that I could bring it to her attention since she follows me. :)

Wise Old Owl
12-06-2011, 06:27 PM
Transient living in the vacant apt? Not renting it?

Possibly - the "ladies of the evening" were using the vacant apts in the complex we were in. DH used to see them leaving in the morning when he left for work (he leaves approx 5:30AM).

Or it could be someone that does live there in another building and knew about the vacant apts - so he didn't have far to go to commit his crime and probably thought no one would even think about him.

Who knows anymore? Its sickening. Cameras, cameras, cameras - and now they are fairly cheap - I put them on my house (2) for under $100.

Donjeta
Why was there a mattress in the vacant apartment? Is it furnished? Someone squatting there?

Kat
Per Mike Brooks - look for an arrest very soon. Oh Lord, let's hope so.

WOO you know after following these cases here on WS you start to get a feel for missing children and resolutions in their cases. I might be wrong but I get the feeling this won't go cold. This is going to end in an arrest. Don't ask me why, I could be wrong but I just have that feeling about Jorely. JMHO

katydid23
12-06-2011, 06:29 PM
Why was there a mattress in the vacant apartment? Is it furnished? Someone squatting there?

I was wondering the same thing. Sometimes maintenance men or workers just use vacancies to crash in. ? I wonder if they have questioned the apartment complex employees.

JeannaT
12-06-2011, 06:30 PM

Maybe that's one of the reasons LE thinks this was planned ahead of time.

Wise Old Owl
12-06-2011, 06:31 PM
I do too kat. And I'm still leaning toward a maintenance worker. Just wonder if they gave the maintenace guys breaks on rent for working there - so they could stay on site. The maintenance guys at the place I was didn't live there.

But you're right - I got the feeling this guy is gonna get caught. He was sloppy. LE has a TON of evidence - including DNA. She was found pretty quick so any DNA on her that matches the creep will put him away for good.

Ms Suzanne
12-06-2011, 06:31 PM
Possibly - the "ladies of the evening" were using the vacant apts in the complex we were in. DH used to see them leaving in the morning when he left for work (he leaves approx 5:30AM).

Or it could be someone that does live there in another building and knew about the vacant apts - so he didn't have far to go to commit his crime and probably thought no one would even think about him.

Who knows anymore? Its sickening. Cameras, cameras, cameras - and now they are fairly cheap - I put them on my house (2) for under $100.

Why would there be a mattress in a vacant apt?Unless someone was living in there?Not renting it.

Kat
12-06-2011, 06:39 PM
Ladies of the evening would want to use a mattress for their "work" if they can I would assume?

ETA: or is it possible that someone was recently evicted and their belongings not removed as of yet?

mck16
12-06-2011, 06:40 PM
Why would there be a mattress in a vacant apt?Unless someone was living in there?Not renting it.

The mattress could have been left behind when the previous tenant moved out. I wonder if the apt. was left unlocked. Even if vacant I would think it would be kept locked. jmo

Dr. Know?
12-06-2011, 06:41 PM
I'm still leaning towards a maintenance guy. Anyone else would be noticed moving a bed into a vacant apartment. (calculated & planned) No one would think twice of the maintenance dude doing it though.

Or this could have been a furnished or partially furnished unit? Nah, I'm still going with my gut here.

Ms Suzanne
12-06-2011, 06:42 PM
Was anyone looking like a homeless person just hanging around the last few weeks or months around there?

Donjeta
12-06-2011, 06:43 PM

Yeah...

Otherwise it could have been that someone first took her to his own apartment to rape but didn't want to bloody up his own place and moved her and the mattress that was probably ruined with her blood on it to the vacant place. I wonder if anybody was seen buying a new mattress.

Ms Suzanne
12-06-2011, 06:44 PM
The mattress could have been left behind when the previous tenant moved out. I wonder if the apt. was left unlocked. Even if vacant I would think it would be kept locked. jmo

The maintence men and apt complex office will usually clean that all out and lock it up.

revampz
12-06-2011, 06:46 PM
hi all...I read through this yesterday but did not post. I could not stop thinking about it last night. It is sick that these guys rape these children and alot of the children are then murdered so they dont speak, but this sick critter beat this little girl as well, yester4day they reported she was brutally disfigured!!!!! they HAVE to catch him, this is pure evil.

What is also troubling to me is that this hasnt even made our news over here. Up until about 6 months ago the disappearance/and or murder of a child made our australian news, but now it is such a common occurrence in the US and here in australia our murders in general have skyrocketed............scary

Wise Old Owl
12-06-2011, 06:46 PM
It is just very odd to leave a vacant apt unlocked (unsecure). When we went in that one next door - it was such a weird, creepy feeling. ALL the appliances were gone - just big holes where the stove, refridge and microwave were. The folding door for the "laundry" (there were stackables in each unit) was off and, of course the unit was gone. There were beer bottles (not a lot) and a couple of empty liquor bottles. All the walls were flithy and the carpet was disgusting.

As for the mattress - could have been left - could have been brought in. Kinda easy to do late late at night if you bring it through the back - like what was shown on HLN.

Its the no cameras that get me. They are so necessary in places like this. My vehicle was hit in the middle of the night - alarm went off. The girls in the next building over came and got us and we ended up catching the guy. Yes, he lived there too.

I just hate these places. I call them "birdhouses". Down here they are nothing but dens for criminals, havens for the homeless and free joints for the hookers. But that's JMHO.

revampz
12-06-2011, 06:48 PM
one other thing, yesterday it was reported that the teenage babysitter was with friends.....does anyone know if this was the case or was she alone???? It may be important if some of her friends were male.

Etilema
12-06-2011, 06:48 PM

They said mom had not seen her because she was sleeping. There was a report that the babysitter had seen her in the house getting the drinks (implying that the babysitter was not at the playground, but in the apartment). But I am not sure what may just be a matter if faulty reporting and what's accurate.

Annette73
12-06-2011, 06:49 PM
I will post a few links to Puerto Rico news with English translations, they have been interviewing family members including the mom (before she identified the body):

http://www.primerahora.com/mamadejorelyspresientequeelcuerpohalladoeseldesuni na-589315.html

Mother of Jorelys has a feeling that the found body is her girl

Tuesday, 6 of December of 2011 11:53 a.m.

“My mother’s heart says to me that the girl found is Jorelys”. She has not yet gone to recognize the body of a girl who appeared disfigured, struck and with signs of sexual abuse inside a garbage container, in events that happened in Georgia, but her maternal instinct says to Joselyn Rivera that it is small Jorelys, seven years old, who authorities have been searching for since past Friday. In a telephone interview with Primera Hora, the woman spoke about her agony during the past days, since her girl disappeared in a play area of the complex of houses River Ridge in the city of Corner, in Georgia. “It has been horrible… right now I am preparing myself to go to recognize the small body of the baby in Forensic Sciences. I have not seen it, but my heart says that the baby is Jorelys that was found”, said Joselyn, that during this morning was to complete the identification process and to know the results of the autopsy that was done to the minor yesterday. “The only thing that I have to say to the person who did this, who did this to my angel, is that this person will pay and that I hope that all the justice falls over him”, said the mother, who has other two children of four and one years of age. These minors remain under the safekeeping of the equivalent to the Department of the Family, in Georgia, as a preventive measure, even though the mother has not been tied to the crime. Joselyn was sad that the body of her daughter could not be buried in the Island (Puerto Rico), because she will have to remain in Georgia as part of the investigation process, even though the girl’s family in the town of Peñuelas PR has expressed that they have already started to make arrangements to transfer the body of the girl to Puerto Rico. Jorelys lived with her mother and little sisters. The secretary of the Department of the Family in Puerto Rico, Yanitsia Irizarry, repudiated the murder of the small one. “The cruel murder of the girl of seven years that was found yesterday after her disappearance the past Friday, is repudiable. We cannot be lenient before mistreatment of minors. We insist on our crusade to continue spreading the message to eradicate this social evil”, said Irizarry Méndez. The Secretary is hopeful that the authorities manage to find the person or persons responsible for the murder of the small one and that all the weight of the law falls upon him or them.

bunky
12-06-2011, 06:50 PM
I pray this monster is arrested asap. Hearing the few details about what he/she did to Jorely make me ill.

katydid23
12-06-2011, 06:58 PM
They said mom had not seen her because she was sleeping. There was a report that the babysitter had seen her in the house getting the drinks (implying that the babysitter was not at the playground, but in the apartment). But I am not sure what may just be a matter if faulty reporting and what's accurate.

I know that mom was sleeping, but that is what kind of bothers me. She gets home from work at 7 am. So why does she need to be asleep still at 5:30 pm?

I know people who work all night shifts. I know it is hard. But she has 3 young children. So by 5:30 pm she needs to be awake for them to be inside the home. She can sleep until 3 and still be awake when her kids come from school each day. imoo

The daughter apparently got 4 coca colas at 5 pm. Were the 4 yr old and one yr old going to have a coke at 5 pm? There are things about this home situation that are really bugging me, sorry.

Kat
12-06-2011, 07:01 PM
JVM is going to cover Jorelys.

Kat
12-06-2011, 07:02 PM
Parents ruled out as suspects in this case (JVM).

Etilema
12-06-2011, 07:03 PM
I know that mom was sleeping, but that is what kind of bothers me. She gets home from work at 7 am. So why does she need to be asleep still at 5:30 pm?

I know people who work all night shifts. I know it is hard. But she has 3 young children. So by 5:30 pm she needs to be awake for them to be inside the home. She can sleep until 3 and still be awake when her kids come from school each day. imoo

The daughter apparently got 4 coca colas at 5 pm. Were the 4 yr old and one yr old going to have a coke at 5 pm? There are things about this home situation that are really bugging me, sorry.

True, it may not be the ideal home life, but if the supervision had been what it should be, it doesn't seem so outrageous that she would have a babysitter for those hours then spend the evening with them, have dinner, tuck them in, etc.

Kat
12-06-2011, 07:05 PM
Mike Brooks: director of GBI just got to apts. Command center located there. Narrowed focus, looking at number of people being looked at. Not a matter of if but when an arrest will be made per Mike. Vacant apt in bldg right next to Jorelys. GBI processing that vacant apt.

Kat
12-06-2011, 07:07 PM
Unconfirmed reports that LE has given maintenence workers LDT's.

Kat
12-06-2011, 07:10 PM
Pat Brown: person doesn't have a vehicle because crime was committed there and her body disposed of there. She disagrees this was carefully planned. She says it could be maintenece worker.

Other side of break they will have Erin Runyun (if I mispelled that surname please forgive, spelling is not my strongpoint).

Etilema
12-06-2011, 07:11 PM
Error

Annette73
12-06-2011, 07:12 PM
http://www.primerahora.com/unpadreyunosabuelosdestrozadosporasesinatodeninabo ricua-589112.html

A father and grandparents destroyed by girl’s murder

Tuesday, 6 of December of 2011 /Darisabel Texidor Guadalupe
Peñuelas. - A destroyed father. Ricardo Galarza, father of the small Jorelys, still does not believe that someone has assassinated his small one and he will never be able to understand how a human being can be able to shut the life of a girl in such a vile way. Jorelys had disappeared and was found yesterday in a garbage container. She was disfigured, brutally struck and with signs of sexual abuse. It is a very crude reality to digest by a father. “Two years ago was the last time I saw her, she said to me that he wanted to return to Puerto Rico”, the father of Jorelys said while he held a photo of his small one. Galarza described her daughter as affectionate, helpful and of a very mature capacity for her short age. “I say to parents do not trust anybody, do not leave your children in the care of anybody”, said Galarza.
The father indicated that he will remain in the Island dealing with the proceeding of the funeral of the girl, who will be buried in Puerto Rico.

Grandparents without consolation
They wanted to spend Christmas with their granddaughter, whom they did not see since four years ago, but the destiny snatched that joy from them when they found out that that small Jorelys was brutally assassinated in the city of Corner, in Georgia, where she lived with her mother and sisters. The dining room table of the residence of the maternal grandparents of Jorelys became an altar with photos and candles, in hope that she could appear with life. But, that sadly did not happen. For Blas Rivera, maternal grandfather of the girl, the news fell as cold water bucket to him. It has been a blow that I never will be able to recover. “She was a glad, respectful and humble baby”, said the grandfather, who will travel Wednesday to Georgia to be with his daughter, Joseline Rivera. Today it the maternal grandmother will leave today, with the confidence that authorities will grant her custody of the smaller daughters of Joseline whom were removed of the home as a preventive act. Don Blas maintained that her daughter of 24 years had moved to the United States four years ago looking for better quality of life, that always said to him she liked the place where she lived and that her three daughters of seven, four and a year they were happy there. Her daughter works in a factory. “This is very hard, my daughter needs us”, emphasized Blas. The grandfather was thankful for the support of the neighbors, friends and mayor Walter Torres Maldonado. This one last one will help with the expenses and processes of transfer of the body towards Puerto Rico. The residents of the Heights of Peñuelas II met in front of the family residence to make a prayer circle. There they sang and they prayed for the eternal rest of Jorelys and the strength that her family needs.

Ms Suzanne
12-06-2011, 07:12 PM
I have the feeling this person has done this before.It's a disorganised crime possibly planned maybe not and this persons DNA is probably on file somewhere.

Kat
12-06-2011, 07:16 PM
OT but IMHO the younger children weren't removed because of Jorelys. They were removed because of something inside the home. (could be any number of things). I doubt we will know given privacy issues usually connected with child services.

Is Mom from the island? There could be cultural differences between those that are from the island and those that live in the continental US. I say that with love and respect because my family is latino and many are from the island.

As far as a soda at 5 PM, lol that's not bad parenting. C'mon now. It's not ideal but it's not bad parenting to let your kid drink a soda. :) Just teasing btw :)

tlcya
12-06-2011, 07:16 PM
the 7-year-old girl whose body was found in a Georgia dumpster, was bludgeoned, sexually assaulted and stabbed in a remarkably vicious attack by a killer who police believe lives in her apartment complex.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/jorelys-rivera-stabbed-assaulted-calculated-murder/story?id=15095190#.Tt6vlrLcLv8

BBM hmmm, strong statement. Is this a reporter's assumption or have LE confirmed this?

Ms Suzanne
12-06-2011, 07:17 PM
Pat Brown: person doesn't have a vehicle because crime was committed there and her body disposed of there. She disagrees this was carefully planned. She says it could be maintenece worker.

Other side of break they will have Erin Runyun (if I mispelled that surname please forgive, spelling is not my strongpoint).

I agree with her.But I feel the person was a homeless transient.Living in there.

Kat
12-06-2011, 07:19 PM
I hope Patty is taping JVM like she usually does. Mike B is showing what he believes to be the vacant apt.

katydid23
OT but IMHO the younger children weren't removed because of Jorelys. They were removed because of something inside the home. (could be any number of things). I doubt we will know given privacy issues usually connected with child services.

Is Mom from the island? There could be cultural differences between those that are from the island and those that live in the continental US. I say that with love and respect because my family is latino and many are from the island.

As far as a soda at 5 PM, lol that's not bad parenting. C'mon now. It's not ideal but it's not bad parenting to let your kid drink a soda. :) Just teasing btw :)

I know. I almost resisted writing that because Lord KNows my kids drank plenty of sodas. I was just trying to describe what was bothering me about the situation. In my gut I just felt that the kids were instructed to stay outside all day every day so mom could sleep. But I could be mistaken.

mrsu
Jorelys lived in the 900 building on the terrace level.

Magdalyn
12-06-2011, 07:23 PM
I have the feeling this person has done this before.It's a disorganised crime possibly planned maybe not and this persons DNA is probably on file somewhere.

BBM
God, I hope you're right. :praying: This monster can NOT get ahold of another baby.

JeannaT
12-06-2011, 07:24 PM

I'm not sure how Pat drew that conclusion. She doesn't know what was found in the apartment that might indicate planning, and if LE was already there by the time the perp was trying to dispose of the remains - with the roadblock set up - they certainly wouldn't have driven off the property with her.

mck16
12-06-2011, 07:25 PM
I agree with her.But I feel the person was a homeless transient.Living in there.

I am not disagreeing with you, just another possibility. I think it was someone she knew or had seen around the complex. No one heard screams or anything disturbance. Also he was carrying a knife. That sounds preplanned to me. jmo

Kat
Did anyone catch the name of the young lady that is missing that JVM is covering now? I'd like to look at her thread.

Wise Old Owl
Mike Brooks just said the the apt above the vacant one being processed is also vacant - but it has a "lock box" on it.

That made me think here

Any locals - was this place once a condo? I say that because of the complex that I'm familiar with was trying to "turn condo". At one point we were the only tenants in our entire building. Each building in ours held 8 apts. The one next to us that was "open" was a condo foreclosure and when I went to mamagement about it - I was told they don't have much control over "condo" units. If the unit is/was privately owned - then maintenance couldn't enter without permission.

I wonder what the situation was like there. Was this ALL completely rentals or are there some units that are owned? Especially what the situation was with the empty one being processed.

Kat
12-06-2011, 07:27 PM
I'm not sure how Pat drew that conclusion. She doesn't know what was found in the apartment that might indicate planning, and if LE was already there by the time the perp was trying to dispose of the remains - with the roadblock set up - they certainly wouldn't have driven off the property with her.

Just between you and me (and everyone that reads this board haha) I think Pat B. is full of bull stinky most of the time. :)

gngr~snap
12-06-2011, 07:27 PM
Did anyone catch the name of the young lady that is missing that JVM is covering now? I'd like to look at her thread.

Shanna Peoples?

Annette73
12-06-2011, 07:29 PM
http://www.primerahora.com/esperanzadosfamiliaresdejorelysenquecapturenasuase sino-589327.html
Jorelys’ family hopeful thar the killer will be caught

Tuesday, 6 of December of 2011 12:53 p.m.
Darisabel Texidor Guadalupe/Primera Hora
Assuring that, at the moment, forgiveness does not exist in his heart, Ricardo Galarza Velazquez, father of Jorelys Rivera, who disappeared from the play area of the complex of houses where she resided with her mother in Georgia, described the sad moment that he lives upon learning about the unexpected death of his daughter. The man, who a month ago had his last telephone conversation with Jorelys, mentioned that he has total faith in God that the authorities of the city of Corner con soon arrest the person responsible of taking his little girl’s life, who was a happy and defenseless girl. “Surrender and pay for what you did”, the father said. He remembered the times he shared with his little girl, during her visits to the Island, she loved to ride in his horse and he enjoyed his times with her to the maximum. “I do not forgive the killer, what he did deserves no forgiveness”, added Galarza Vela'zquez. The maternal grandfather Blas Rivera, getting ready for his trip to the United States. “God will make justice because Jorelys did not deserve such a death, nor to be thrown away like garbage”, said the grandfather.

Kat
12-06-2011, 07:29 PM
Mike Brooks just said the the apt above the vacant one being processed is also vacant - but it has a "lock box" on it.

That made me think here

Any locals - was this place once a condo? I say that because of the complex that I'm familiar with was trying to "turn condo". At one point we were the only tenants in our entire building. Each building in ours held 8 apts. The one next to us that was "open" was a condo foreclosure and when I went to mamagement about it - I was told they don't have much control over "condo" units. If the unit is/was privately owned - then maintenance couldn't enter without permission.

I wonder what the situation was like there. Was this ALL completely rentals or are there some units that are owned? Especially what the situation was with the empty one being processed.

Don't quote me on this, because I was doing chores while Mike was talking about that and I was half listening..so...

But here is what I am taking away and I have to rewatch this segment when it's uploaded---The apartment is vacant. There were no signs of forced entry. (not reported that it was unlocked KWIM?) but that it had no signs of forced entry. Big difference if that proves to be accurate reporting. JMHO

tlcya
12-06-2011, 07:32 PM
This person has likely victimized children before, and probably women, but I have the feeling this is the first time he has murdered. I think he thought he could get away with it, partly because J's mother was not born to this country, english is not her first language, and she is working alot using a teenage family friend to supervise the kids much of the time.

I think this perp honestly figured with the rash of kids being reported missing by suspicious behaving parents that LE would immediately focus on mom and he would fade into the background, free and clear. I think he viewed poor little J as more "disposable" than previous victims.

Now that he has killed, he must be stopped or he will do it again and again.

Wise Old Owl
12-06-2011, 07:34 PM
Exactly kat - that's what got me thinking. No forced entry - so was it left unlocked or did someone with a key enter? IF (and this is supposition here - no confirmation) this unit had been privately owned, then "other" people would have had keys - KWIM? Or - if this complex was all rentals - then obviously someone who works there and has access to keys opened it.

At the PC today - when it was said that the perp lived there or had ready access to the complex - told me that it was either a worker or possibly a former owner (NOT tenant - because locks are usually re-keyed once a renter moves out).

I just hope they get this creep soon - like tonight!!!

tlcya
12-06-2011, 07:35 PM
I am not disagreeing with you, just another possibility. I think it was someone she knew or had seen around the complex. No one heard screams or anything disturbance. Also he was carrying a knife. That sounds preplanned to me. jmo

unless he was a maintenance man, they often carry flip knifes, box cutters, etc. Very handy to have a blade ready for use when in that field. But I agree that it was someone who is not out of place around the complex, knows their way around, feels comfortable enough to make use of a vacant apartment, no screams or ruckus, indicating someone who was not perceived as a threat til it was entirely too late.

mck16
12-06-2011, 07:37 PM
This person has likely victimized children before, and probably women, but I have the feeling this is the first time he has murdered. I think he thought he could get away with it, partly because J's mother was not born to this country, english is not her first language, and she is working alot using a teenage family friend to supervise the kids much of the time.

I think this perp honestly figured with the rash of kids being reported missing by suspicious behaving parents that LE would immediately focus on mom and he would fade into the background, free and clear. I think he viewed poor little J as more "disposable" than previous victims.

Now that he has killed, he must be stopped or he will do it again and again.

To me the crime seems awfully viscious and very intense. She was killed from a blow on the head. Why did he beat her and why did he stab her. It sounds like such rage. jmo

~n/t~
12-06-2011, 07:39 PM
FWIW....I still can't get over the fact that her other children were taken from her at a time like this. And why are the grandparents wanting to get custody of the other children? What about the dad? Are they still married or separated? Why wouldn't he ensure his wife and children are safe?

I admit not following this case as close as others so forgive me if some of these questions were already answered.

Reading the horrific details of this baby girl's murder is unconsionable.

tlcya
12-06-2011, 07:41 PM
To me the crime seems awfully viscious and very intense. She was killed from a blow on the head. Why did he beat her and why did he stab her. It sounds like such rage. jmo

I absolutely agree, from what we have not been told, along with what we have about her injuries, this was over the top brutal. But I am not shocked, anyone who will kidnap a 7 yr old to brutally rape her, has a lot of rage issues IMO. Poor little punkin was just the perfect convenient victim with which to fully express it :(

I don't think we will have to wait much longer for an arrest.

Hickory Born
12-06-2011, 07:42 PM
I read somewhere that part of this apt complex was Section 8. Does anyone know if that is true? IF that is factual, then I doubt very seriously these apt would have been privately owned condos at one point.

When looking at the photos of these apts, they look very similar in design to Post Apts in the greater Atlanta area.

Kat
12-06-2011, 07:44 PM
I know. I almost resisted writing that because Lord KNows my kids drank plenty of sodas. I was just trying to describe what was bothering me about the situation. In my gut I just felt that the kids were instructed to stay outside all day every day so mom could sleep. But I could be mistaken.

I appreciate your opinion Katy. I'm not arguing with it at all. :)

Because JMHO nine times out of ten when we see missing kids threads here there is some kind of dysfunction going on in the home. Usually not always.

And Mom may very well have done that and that wouldn't be what either of us would have done and since the younger ones were removed I agree there was something less than ideal about the home.

And you know to be honest I have to catch myself sometimes from focusing in on Moms and Dads because a lot of the time I want to literally thump them in the forehead and say "what in the heck where you thinking"? (not usually said so nicely inside my head).

But that is my way of seperating myself emotionally and enabling myself to say well that couldnt' happen to me because I dont...or I wouldn't...but I have to redirect myself to focus on the person that actually molests these kids or murders them. Because at the end of the day that is who ultimately is responsible for these cases.

Breaks your heart don't it? All JMHO

tlcya
12-06-2011, 07:44 PM
I have only been following in lurk mode but I don't think I have enough information about the home and childcare situation to comment or form an opinion yet about the removal of the other kids. What I can and will say is, this woman and the remaining children are in my prayers.

Ms Suzanne
12-06-2011, 07:47 PM

Disorganized,mentally unstable.Homeless? drug addict?alcoholic?

tehcloser
12-06-2011, 07:49 PM
It's the rage that gives me pause....that's personal.

~n/t~
12-06-2011, 07:50 PM

I agree. This monster had a lot of hatred.

Ms Suzanne
12-06-2011, 07:52 PM
I feel this person was a disorganized offender.

May I put this link?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disorganized_offender

Wise Old Owl
12-06-2011, 07:52 PM

That is what I was just thinking too. Personal. Maybe not personal toward Jorely but another child? IDK

Its also odd that even though some people (kids) saw her head to her house for the Cokes - that no one saw anything else. No one saw her come back out - no one saw anyone talking to her or walking near her or anything.

I know they found the Coke cans - but I don't remember where they were found. Wonder if they were found in the "back" and maybe she went out the back door instead of the front - maybe saw a puppy or kitty and went out the back way to pet it thinking she could walk around the building once she was done?

razzyberry
12-06-2011, 07:53 PM

I am from this area, grew up here, this apt complex is not the type of place to have homeless people hanging around unnoticed. This crime was committed by someone who lived in the complex, many apts have more people in them than bedrooms. Many people live there wont be on the lease.

Not unusual for many apts in this county and surrounding counties to be vacant for months. Cost cutting measures in most of them mean things fall through the cracks.

mck16
12-06-2011, 07:53 PM
Disorganized,mentally unstable.Homeless? drug addict?alcoholic?

I started to comment that it sounded like drug rage to me. But, I am not an authority on that so I didn't mention it. It certainly sounds like someone out of their mind. I have never understood the whole mentality of sexual attacks anyway. Why do they have to committ the murder. Molest is horrible, but do it and go on, don't kill the victim. Especially a beautiful young child. I don't think it is about the sex. Look at this creep at Penn St. he molested the boys, but he didn't hurt them physically afterwards. jmo

Hickory Born
12-06-2011, 07:54 PM

I have been thinking in this realm...could it have been retailiation against the mother for some reason. I might be totally off here.

Ms Suzanne
12-06-2011, 08:01 PM
I started to comment that it sounded like drug rage to me. But, I am not an authority on that so I didn't mention it. It certainly sounds like someone out of their mind. I have never understood the whole mentality of sexual attacks anyway. Why do they have to committ the murder. Molest is horrible, but do it and go on, don't kill the victim. Especially a beautiful young child. I don't think it is about the sex. Look at this creep at Penn St. he molested the boys, but he didn't hurt them physically afterwards. jmo

This killer sounds like Somer Thompsons murderer.

Magdalyn
12-06-2011, 08:02 PM
http://www.wsbtv.com/videos/news/dfcs-had-prior-contact-to-murdered-childd-family/vFRwb/

DFCS had prior contact to murdered child's family (video)

~n/t~
12-06-2011, 08:03 PM
I have been thinking in this realm...could it have been retailiation against the mother for some reason. I might be totally off here.

or dad? or both? I know I keep repeating myself but I don't get why the kids were taken. And now the maternal grandparents are wanting to take them? Where will mom go?

laces
12-06-2011, 08:04 PM

They commit the murder because they don't want to be caught, they don't want to be accountable, and sometimes it is part of their excitement. They like it. As for the "creep at Penn State": molestation kills innocence. It is another crime that is unending, it lasts for the life of the child. There is no excuse. The victims are hurt emotionally, spiritually and physically.

Ms Suzanne
12-06-2011, 08:06 PM
or dad? or both? I know I keep repeating myself but I don't get why the kids were taken. And now the maternal grandparents are wanting to take them? Where will mom go?

I do not agree with thier decision at all.It makes me mad.These little children need thier mother.Especially now.But I don't know the whole story so I won't go there.

Hickory Born
12-06-2011, 08:11 PM
Couple of questions : Who is the farther of the one-year old? Are there "gangs" in Canton?

Kat
12-06-2011, 08:12 PM
They commit the murder because they don't want to be caught, they don't want to be accountable, and sometimes it is part of their excitement. They like it. As for the "creep at Penn State": molestation kills innocence. It is another crime that is unending, it lasts for the life of the child. There is no excuse. The victims are hurt emotionally, spiritually and physically.

Well said Laces.

Jumping off to follow thoughts---

It looks personal because it is personal. For the perp. IMHO.

The rage and anger is personal and Jorelys may have only been an easy target that offered the opportunity for the expression of this rage and hatred. Not that she was the personally a target but she represented a chance to unleash the fury and hatred. Just a possibility. Not saying that's what happened here.

But IMHO offenders that seek to molest, rape, sodomize, brutalize and murder children are cowards. Big flippin' cowards. They have to choose someone that isn't physically capable of fighting back because they themselves are so small spiritually. Because IMHO we all know this isn't about sexual gratification it's about power, control and aggression and releasing rage. Big cowards that I have no sympathy for--at all.

all JMHO.

mck16
12-06-2011, 08:13 PM

The feeling I gleened from the article talking about how the Grandparents wanted to get the children was because they realized how hard it was for their daughter to make it on her own with three children. Their comment was that she needed help. Maybe they will take her (mom) back home with them too.

I have to admire this woman who is alone with three children, getting work where ever she can, and trying her best to raise her family. Many women turn to other means to manage an income. I don't believe this was any retaliation against mom or dad. I think if it were retaliation it would be in out and a gun shot to the head execution style. jmo

Bravo
12-06-2011, 08:21 PM

That was my first thought as well

KinderedSpirits
12-06-2011, 08:31 PM

I agree! I believe Jorely knew the murderer, or had possibly been victimized (in some way) by this person before MOO-MOO-MOO. I hope LE has asked the mom about a potential past incident. However even if something had occured, there is a chance that (1) Jorely was too ashamed/ scared to say anything to her mom or LE (2) the mom would not have reported it... because she was worried that she would be blamed for neglecting her children. However, (like in Skylar Kauffman's case) there may have been some early warning signs ...that if investigated further, may lead LE to the monster who did this.

This was way too violent for me to believe that the murderer "intended" to rape Jorely, but ended up murdering her too, out of the fear of getting caught. That is why I think she may have to some capacity known her murderer. I hope the babysitter, siblings, family, or kids in the neighborhood can remember if any suspicious events took place (days/weeks) before this tragedy. However, (MOO) with all the info given, this is pointing to the maint. person. :furious::furious::furious:

Hickory Born
12-06-2011, 08:34 PM
Doesn't make sense to me...why would someone move a mattress into an empty apt.? It would call attention to LE, plus it would retain bodily fluids and DNA. Would have been wiser to just rape someone on the floor.

pearl
12-06-2011, 08:39 PM
I apologize in advance if my thoughts have been discussed before. I haven't had time to read alot of the previous posts on this thread. I live in a rural agricultural county in GA. We have a large Hispanic population and have had for about 20 years now. I have probably taught a couple of hundred Hispanic children over the years and so have had daily opportunities to observe the interactions between Hispanic adults and young children. I do not claim to be an expert on relations between people. I will tell you what I have observed about our local Hispanic population.
I know of no child abuse cases involving Hispanic children in my area. None. Not saying that it doesn't happen, but I have never heard of it.
Hispanic adults treasure their children and young children in general. Most of our Hispanic children are happy. When they bring their infants and toddlers to parent meetings, the babies are cooing, crawling around exploring, and kissing the parents.
When something is needed at school or for school, it is often the Hispanic students who bring it or pay their share first. Most parents recognize the value of an education and expect their children to come to school, behave, and learn. Yes, they can and do have discipline problems. The majority do not.
Many of our Hispanic families feel they have a tenuous existence in our area.
They do not want their children to do anything that may call attention to them in any way. The recently passed GA law tightening down on immigrants in our state has caused many Hispanics in our area to leave. Those remaining certainly don't want trouble.
Problems in the Hispanic community are mostly solved within that community. I don't believe they would allow a member of that community to get away with murdering a child like this child was murdered.
Having said this, I believe that this child's killer will not be Hispanic. Of course, these are just my opinions based on my experiences. I could be wrong.

mck16
Doesn't make sense to me...why would someone move a mattress into an empty apt.? It would call attention to LE, plus it would retain bodily fluids and DNA. Would have been wiser to just rape someone on the floor.

I think the mattress was there for neferious reasons and the perp just happened to know it was in there. I don't think it was brought in for this crime. jmo

truckengirl
Couple of questions : Who is the farther of the one-year old? Are there "gangs" in Canton?

I don't think there are really any gangs in Canton. Canton is a smaller community and I truly feel this is just an act of rage against this poor child.

Ms Suzanne
12-06-2011, 08:41 PM

This is why I feel the person lived in the vacant apartment.Her killers attack may not have been planned.She possibly tried to fight him off and that really angered him/her.

tlcya
12-06-2011, 08:41 PM
Earlier this evening DH mentioned this case. Anyone who is familiar with me knows DH does not join me or even necessarily appreciate my fascination with this site or with following these cases.

There is a firestation next to our home. They have a soda machine. It is common practice for us in the past to have allowed our kids to go (together) to the machine if it is still light and buy a root beer.

This evening he insisted on walking the twenty feet with them, citing Jorelys as his reason. He said "babe, a little girl in GA was snatched off the playground at her own apartment complex and murdered. I heard it on the news. You cant even let your kid out of your sight for a second anymore. This world is messed up."

First I was shocked that he had even paid attention to news coverage. And yeah, he had only gotten the gist of the story and some of his facts weren't right. But this guy pays no attention to this stuff usually, too upsetting for him. Whatever report he happened to hear really affected and disturbed him.

Pacific2011
12-06-2011, 08:43 PM
[B]Quote:
Originally Posted by JeannaT
Maybe that's one of the reasons LE thinks this was planned ahead of time. [/B

That was my first thought as well

Bravo, what was your first thought? Just curious!

Thanks, Pac2011

Bravo
12-06-2011, 08:43 PM
I have only been following in lurk mode but I don't think I have enough information about the home and childcare situation to comment or form an opinion yet about the removal of the other kids. What I can and will say is, this woman and the remaining children are in my prayers.

Totally agree. The Mother was working and child care was provided on that night. If this perp targeted her he would have eventually had an opportunity. If it was random it would have been another child. I cant comment on the supervision issue until it's confirmed.

Ms Suzanne
12-06-2011, 08:51 PM
Another possibility is who rented the apt before?Were they evicted,moved out?I remember Somer Thompsons killer I believe if I remember correctly went back to his home when it was suppose to be vacant.

Bravo
12-06-2011, 08:55 PM
[B]Quote:
Originally Posted by JeannaT
Maybe that's one of the reasons LE thinks this was planned ahead of time. [/B

Bravo, what was your first thought? Just curious!

Thanks, Pac2011

My first thought- Based on what LE found in the apt. (and had not fully disclosed they concluded this was planned) Perp had to have some method of hiding her to get her to the dumpster. Had to have brought along item/s. Definitely very premeditated in my book. I do feel that he watched her and targeted her. Again just my gut feeling. Your welcome Pac :seeya:

Nancysleuth
12-06-2011, 09:01 PM
Just catching up on this case, so sad. At least it sounds like they may catch her killer quite soon, poor baby girl.

A few things strike me as odd. I'm surprised that they would take the other children within a matter of days. This makes it seems like there are historical instances which make it likely that the other children are in danger. You see so many missing child cases, and even murders, where the children are never removed, even if a mother's boyfriend or something is suspected. The fact that they were removed almost instantly makes me a little uneasy. Just my own opinion.

The other thing I think is odd is that she went inside to get sodas and those cans were found outside her apartment. I've never abducted a child, but I would assume if someone were watching her on the playground and followed her in, or left his apartment and met her in the hallway, that person would want to abduct her before she went inside. She could have stayed inside, or her mother could have come back out with her or watched her leave. Again, just something that seemed a little weird to me.

I do wonder if either the mother or the babysitter had a boyfriend, maybe someone who would have been in the apartment when she came in for sodas and followed her out. It seems like a very emotional crime to me.

watcher9
12-06-2011, 09:05 PM
A lot of questions and thoughts -

Evidence? Maybe the evidence of preplanning was something found with Jorelys, like duct tape, handcuffs? Something that would not have normally been on a perp? Did we hear about a bloodied mattress way before Jorelys was found? When Jorelys was found but before the suspected empty apartment was found? When the empty apt was first searched, was it locked or unlocked?

Dumpster? It was said LE had to wait on the company to come on Monday and dismantle it so they could move it. How do they normally empty it? Do they have to dismantle it to do it? Do they just switch it out with an empty one? What was the schedule for emptying it? Once a week? Was there a schedule as to when the compacting would take place, such as each morning or M-W-F at a certain time, that someone would notice hearing the compactor operating at an unusual time?

Timeline? If the babysitter (bs) left the three children alone when she left for a little while, was Jorelys left in charge? When the friends left the park, they said that Jorelys was alone? Did the bs come with the little kids after the friends left and then leave at that time? When Jorelys left to get the drinks, did she leave the little ones alone at the park or had the bs come back and picked them up but leave Jorelys by herself? Or was Jorelys gone when the bs got back. And why was she going for four drinks? Was it for the bs and the two little ones? I'm all mixed up about this.

Mother - If she worked the night shift and came home after Jorelys left, maybe the bs was still watching the little ones during the night, but left for school when the mother got there. The mother would have then watched the little ones all day until the bs came from school and then let the bs watch the kids so she could lay down to sleep.

stunned again
12-06-2011, 09:07 PM
I apologize in advance if my thoughts have been discussed before. I haven't had time to read alot of the previous posts on this thread. I live in a rural agricultural county in GA. We have a large Hispanic population and have had for about 20 years now. I have probably taught a couple of hundred Hispanic children over the years and so have had daily opportunities to observe the interactions between Hispanic adults and young children. I do not claim to be an expert on relations between people. I will tell you what I have observed about our local Hispanic population.
I know of no child abuse cases involving Hispanic children in my area. None. Not saying that it doesn't happen, but I have never heard of it.
Hispanic adults treasure their children and young children in general. Most of our Hispanic children are happy. When they bring their infants and toddlers to parent meetings, the babies are cooing, crawling around exploring, and kissing the parents.
When something is needed at school or for school, it is often the Hispanic students who bring it or pay their share first. Most parents recognize the value of an education and expect their children to come to school, behave, and learn. Yes, they can and do have discipline problems. The majority do not.
Many of our Hispanic families feel they have a tenuous existence in our area.
They do not want their children to do anything that may call attention to them in any way. The recently passed GA law tightening down on immigrants in our state has caused many Hispanics in our area to leave. Those remaining certainly don't want trouble.
Problems in the Hispanic community are mostly solved within that community. I don't believe they would allow a member of that community to get away with murdering a child like this child was murdered.
Having said this, I believe that this child's killer will not be Hispanic. Of course, these are just my opinions based on my experiences. I could be wrong.

EXACTLY my experience teaching and working with Latino families in NC! Thank you, could not have expressed it better!

Pacific2011
12-06-2011, 09:08 PM
My first thought- Based on what LE found in the apt. (and had not fully disclosed they concluded this was planned) Perp had to have some method of hiding her to get her to the dumpster. Had to have brought along item/s. Definitely very premeditated in my book. I do feel that he watched her and targeted her. Again just my gut feeling. Your welcome Pac :seeya:

Talk about a brazen crime!!! Did her mother go to work over the weekend. . .do we know?

TIA, -Pac

sherbetjello
12-06-2011, 09:10 PM
This was clipped from a video of NG show that patty uploaded to her youtube channel (thanks patty!)

I can't attest to the accuracy of NG map but it might help for those members that are looking at their own maps? HTH.

It's blurry but it was like that when I snipped it. There was one of the dumpster too I'll grab that just in case anyone wants to have a look.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Sierra1947#p/u/0/y16STVHDcLc

Coke cans behind 7000 building puts them not behind her house. I assume that this was the empty apartment building now?

Again, I am going to state this out loud and online hoping LE has done this -- check that walk line around the apartment complex. TOO many trees to obscure someone moving a heavy object.

Hickory Born
12-06-2011, 09:15 PM
Anybody know for a fact there were 4 drink cans involved? I don't think a 7 yr-old child could carry 4 drink cans in her little hands. Why 4? The baby (1 yr-old) would NOT have been drinking coke. This is hinky.

Bravo
12-06-2011, 09:15 PM
Talk about a brazen crime!!! Did her mother go to work over the weekend. . .do we know?

TIA, -Pac

For sure Pac. I have not read anything to date on Mom's work schedule over the weekend :seeya:

Ms Suzanne
12-06-2011, 09:16 PM
I will follow her story and I pray they find her killer very soon and Justice is done for her.Very sad.

sherbetjello
12-06-2011, 09:19 PM
Anybody know for a fact there were 4 drink cans involved? I don't think a 7 yr-old child could carry 4 drink cans in her little hands. Why 4? The baby (1 yr-old) would NOT have been drinking coke. This is hinky.

Carrying four is easier than you think. When I did it that age I would just throw them into my shirt and run them up the street.
It's still unsure whose coke cans they are - we've all speculated.

Bravo
12-06-2011, 09:21 PM
It it so very sad and horrific. Very scary that they walk amongst us. My heart goes out to all who have been victimized and/or are missing. Horrific anytime but around the Holiday is just........sigh. Prayers to all these Families we read of missing a loved one.

Annette73
12-06-2011, 09:24 PM
This is a link to Puerto Rico news (video).
http://www.elnuevodia.com/videos-noticias-reaccionanlosfamiliaresdejorelis-1313173157001.html
In this video there are interviews to Jorelys' grandfather, saying his wife left this morning and they are working on bringing Jorelys' body to PR, he will join her soon in the US. He says a neighbor of his daughter called him a while ago and told him there is someone in custody and being questioned about the murder. Then Jorelys' aunt mentions the same thing, someone in custody from the area where they live (no more details mentioned). Jorelys' father is last, mentions that he had separated from Jorelys' mom "some" years ago but had good communication with her. Jorelys was supposed to visit her father in Puerto Rico this Christmas.

http://www.elnuevodia.com/videos-noticias-reaccionanlosfamiliaresdejorelis-1313173157001.html

Dr. Know?
12-06-2011, 09:31 PM
Did mom work at a chicken plant and wasn't it in an article today that it was Pilgrim's Pride meat packing plant? Or was it another? hmmm

TIA!

tlcya
12-06-2011, 09:32 PM
And though she was only 7, Jorelys never went anywhere without her purse, Soto-Torres said.

"She would steal my nail polish when was in my home," Soto-Torres said, just outside the Riveras' apartment. "And she loved makeup, eye shadow, anything."

http://www.ajc.com/news/cherokee/death-of-jorelys-rivera-1253029.html

Interview with family members here in US posted a short time ago.

gngr~snap
12-06-2011, 09:33 PM

In this video there are interviews to Jorelys' grandfather, saying his wife left this morning and they are working on bringing Jorelys' body to PR, he will join her soon in the US. He says a neighbor of his daughter called him a while ago and told him there is someone in custody and being questioned about the murder. Then Jorelys' aunt mentions the same thing, someone in custody from the area where they live (no more details mentioned). Jorelys' father is last, mentions that he had separated from Jorelys' mom "some" years ago but had good communication with her. Jorelys was supposed to visit her father in Puerto Rico this Christmas.

I wonder if this was someone taken in for questioning... and "lost in translation" perhaps?
unless they had been arrested for something else...
in custody IMO - we would have heard about as well...
I could be wrong!

Pacific2011
12-06-2011, 09:34 PM
Did mom work at a chicken plant and wasn't it in an article today that it was Pilgrim's Pride meat packing plant? Or was it another? hmmm

TIA!

IIRC, she does work for Pilgrim's Pride.

Jayarre
12-06-2011, 09:37 PM

TIA!

Yes...chicken processing plant

Kat
12-06-2011, 09:50 PM
We also dont' know if that was her only job. That thought just popped into my head. Given the economy and she may have been the primary breadwinner, she may have had more than just one job. KWIM? Just a thought I had. Nothing to support it.

Dr. Know?
12-06-2011, 09:52 PM
Now, does anyone know where this plant is? Pilgrim's Pride has a corporate office in Dalton, but it appears they don't list the factory addresses. Many companies do that as everything is handled through their corporate headquarters.

TIA Locals!

tlcya
12-06-2011, 09:53 PM
I wonder if she had her purse with her that day?

gngr~snap
12-06-2011, 09:54 PM
Now, does anyone know where this plant is? Pilgrim's Pride has a corporate office in Dalton, but it appears they don't list the factory addresses. Many companies do that as everything is handled through their corporate headquarters.

TIA Locals!

It's not too far away... one exit south off of 575 maybe 5-10 miles (if that!)

Pilgrim's Pride Corporation
654 Univeter Road
Canton, GA 30115-9091

Kat
12-06-2011, 09:54 PM

Annette thank you for translating. I've always had a very hard time with the PR dialect of spanish. The dialect is way too quick for me. (you have to speak to me as if I am a 3 yr old, slow and very simple words lol)

If you have time and are able, would you please translate what he is saying word for word? I would appreciate it so very much!

Thank you again!

nursebeeme
12-06-2011, 09:58 PM

something seems to have been pent up and let out on Jorelys..

this is only my opinion here and not some take on anything..

but this person:

1) knew the area and the vacant apartments (or knew of them)
2)was watching and waiting and biding his time for his snag (again imhoo)
3)knew exactly where to go and where to get rid of his evidence (re: compacting dumpster)
4) I totally think that he did not count on the missing person report being filed so quickly.. I think that this will be a huge advantage to figuring out who he is. I am almost 99 per cent sure she was targeted, lured by him (meaning she knew him in some way, shape or form) and this was planned over time.. again just my thoughts.

Jorelys was know to wander around the complex per media reports.. unsupervised. I think whomever this freak is started to covet her. I further think that somewhere between the getting of the drinks (coke cans found behind 7000 building) and her trying to get back to the playground this horrible person took advantage of her and used those drinks to get her away from everyone else.

again this is just my opinion...

this HAD to have been someone watching her.. and someone that was either in the complex, worked in the complex, or regularly visited the complex... there is no way this was just a random, spur of the moment thing. again that is my opinion.. but at this time I seriously don't see it any other way. Poor Jorelys. My gosh.. how can articles say she died "soon" after her abduction!!!!!! how dare they!!!!!!!! If she were tortured for at least an hour how is that soon???? How horrible for her! An hour of torture? How is that a short period of time????

sorry this one hits close to home

krimekat
12-06-2011, 09:58 PM

Tuesday night, family members made arrangements to bury Jorelys in Puerto Rico, the family's native country.

BBM: Really? Are our journalists/reporters this dumb? WOW

Kat
12-06-2011, 10:03 PM

Tuesday night, family members made arrangements to bury Jorelys in Puerto Rico, the family's native country.

LOL that made me laugh!

nursebeeme
12-06-2011, 10:06 PM

but they ARE from PR.. iirc..

nursebeeme
12-06-2011, 10:08 PM
Tenant James Gibson said he saw investigators in and out of one worker's apartment.

GBI Director Vernon Keenan was tight-lipped when asked about apartment complex employees who might be suspects.

"I'm not gonna discuss any specific suspects," he said.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/slain-girls-autopsy-results-be-released/nFt4Y/

Peachy
12-06-2011, 10:09 PM
Fox5News local broadcast...

- investigators say Jorelys died within 2 hours of being abducted
- her body has been released to funeral home in Canton

Everything else was a repeat from earlier news broadcasts.

FrayedKnot
12-06-2011, 10:10 PM
PR is it's own nation. It's just also a protectorate of the US.

Kat
12-06-2011, 10:12 PM
nurse, PR is an unincorporated territory of the US. It is known as the associated free state of Puerto Rico.

They've been recognized as american citizens far longer than my father in law has been alive and he's in his 70's. Although born in San Juan he is an amercian citizen. HTH. :)

So the wording that the reporters used was just funny is all. Their country is the USA the island they originate from is PR, as opposed to other territories that the US has in which many born in other territories are amercian citizens as well or can apply for it easily. KWIM? Just a play on words that tickled me is all.

Wise Old Owl
12-06-2011, 10:13 PM
EXACTLY my experience teaching and working with Latino families in NC! Thank you, could not have expressed it better!

A little O/T - but it is the exact opposite here. Completely and totally, as far opposite as you can get.

And Nurse - Puerto Rico is not a country. It is a US possession and they are considered citizens (or something - can't think of the word).

nursebeeme
12-06-2011, 10:14 PM
I do not say this much or often.. but after hearing the presser today I must say: listen to the reporters:

The person who raped and killed a little girl then tossed her body into a dumpster may live or work at the apartment complex where the girl was murdered, the director of the Georgia Bureau of Investigation said.

"Investigators feel the killer lives in the apartment complex or has access to that apartment complex," said Vernon Keenan, the GBI chief.

"This was a very calculated and planned crime."http://www.cbsatlanta.com/story/16191206/police-find-missing-7-year-old-canton-child

nursebeeme
12-06-2011, 10:17 PM
I know about PR and origins.. but I am thinking that if Jorelys' family is FROM PR that they may have some sort of emotional ties.. that is all...

krimekat
12-06-2011, 10:22 PM
but they ARE from PR.. iirc..

Puerto Rico is not a country; it's a territory of the US. :doh:

and yes, that is where the parents/grandparents are from - father of J is there

nursebeeme
A public viewing is planned for Friday from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. at Darby Funeral Home in Canton, relatives told Channel 2 Action News. A public funeral will be held Saturday at the funeral home at noon. The family plans a private memorial this weekend before the girl's remains are flown to Puerto Rico.http://www.ajc.com/news/cherokee/death-of-jorelys-rivera-1253029.html

katydid23

My kids knew how to carry soda cans 4 or 5 at a time. They would hold them against their chest and use their arms to cradle them. { we did a lot of camping and they would run to the cooler and get the sodas/beers for us and bring them to the fire pit.]

nursebeeme
12-06-2011, 10:23 PM
Puerto Rico is not a country; it's a territory of the US. :doh:

yes.. sorry.. I got it.

cat thief
12-06-2011, 10:24 PM
something seems to have been pent up and let out on Jorelys..

this is only my opinion here and not some take on anything..

but this person:

1) knew the area and the vacant apartments (or knew of them)
2)was watching and waiting and biding his time for his snag (again imhoo)
3)knew exactly where to go and where to get rid of his evidence (re: compacting dumpster)
4) I totally think that he did not count on the missing person report being filed so quickly.. I think that this will be a huge advantage to figuring out who he is. I am almost 99 per cent sure she was targeted, lured by him (meaning she knew him in some way, shape or form) and this was planned over time.. again just my thoughts.

Jorelys was known to wander around the complex per media reports.. unsupervised. I think whomever this freak is started to covet her. I further think that somewhere between the getting of the drinks (coke cans found behind 7000 building) and her trying to get back to the playground this horrible person took advantage of her and used those drinks to get her away from everyone else.

again this is just my opinion...

this HAD to have been someone watching her.. and someone that was either in the complex, worked in the complex, or regularly visited the complex... there is no way this was just a random, spur of the moment thing. again that is my opinion.. but at this time I seriously don't see it any other way. Poor Jorelys. My gosh.. how can articles say she died "soon" after her abduction!!!!!! how dare they!!!!!!!! If she were tortured for at least an hour how is that soon???? How horrible for her! An hour of torture? How is that a short period of time????

sorry this one hits close to home

I agree with your above thoughts.

Today I thought I read that the going to get cokes was actually done by the baby sitter. I don't think this changes anything much but it may mean that Jorelys and the sitter were being watched and when the sitter left the area somebody POUNCED.

(on a side note people that live in Metro Atlanta call all soft drinks Cokes...except of course for sweet tea, we call that sweet tea)

ebbie
12-06-2011, 10:25 PM
I feel sorry for the teenage babysitter in a way. Although I instinctively wanted to strangle her for leaving such young children alone, she is herself not an adult yet either. She should never have been given the burden of watching so many little children and now she has to live with this on her conscience for the rest of her life. The mother made a very poor judgment call but one likely due to money. Working in a poultry plant can't make her very much money. It was a big risk to take and she lost. <modsnip>
Edit: Ultimately I want this to point out that there is inadequate affordable child care options for many people which creates unsafe situations.

Chris_Texas
12-06-2011, 10:26 PM
Some random thoughts:

* Jorely was seven, not two. I don't know how far she was from her next birthday, but in any case that's not exactly an infant that needs constant 24/7 supervision and handholding. I see kids that age every day playing outside without a parent. That's what I did as well. And apparently a fair number of parents at this complex did just that, allowing their kids to play outside together. Further, she wasn't alone at the mall, she was playing with other kids AND a teen guardian at her home playground. Somewhere she should have been safe.

* I have seen some few comments questioning and criticizing the mom here. Her mom is a victim. She was likely poor (who isn't these days) and worked some long hard hours. Again, mom is another victim.

* This crime has shocked the hell out of me far more than the other cases I have followed here. This crime was so sick, so depraved, that it leaves me feeling disgusted and horrified. So much so that I have avoided looking at pictures of this little girl -- it's just too depressing.

* If what we have heard is correct, that this maniac sadistically tortured her to death, then we are dealing with someone so vile that the english language lacks the words to describe it.

* For my experience working with kids, no other racial demographic comes close to Hispanic families in terms of the affection and love that they shower onto their children.

gngr~snap
12-06-2011, 10:29 PM
I agree with your above thoughts.

Today I thought I read that the going to get cokes was actually done by the baby sitter. I don't think this changes anything much but it may mean that Jorelys and the sitter were being watched and when the sitter left the area somebody POUNCED.

(on a side note people that live in Metro Atlanta call all soft drinks Cokes...except of course for sweet tea, we call that sweet tea)

And the reason I am ALWAYS asked if
"Pepsi" is ok at Taco Bell :) I say COKE...
but they don't carry Coke.. only PEPSI products
ok back On Topic!

krimekat
12-06-2011, 10:30 PM
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/slain-girls-autopsy-results-be-released/nFt4Y/

full of info !!!

bunky
I do not say this much or often.. but after hearing the presser today I must say: listen to the reporters:

http://www.cbsatlanta.com/story/16191206/police-find-missing-7-year-old-canton-child

nursebeeme,
Are you thinking the murderer-rapist was known to the mom and other tenants?
To me the words from the presser meant this guy is no stranger to the complex.
Sorry if I'm completely off.

bessie
This is a rough case. The worst kind. :(

I think it's time for a new thread. I'll be back in a few minutes with the link.

sreshowtime

yes there are gangs...all over the state...I grew up & lived there
http://www.cherokeega-sheriff.org/GangUnit.html
I have family in that county and they have spoken of gang activities.
Hmm maybe Latin Kings, Sur 13, MS 13, Westside Locos, Vatos Locos...

Frankly, I have been wondering if there was any connection to gangs/drugs..

my_tee_mouse
12-06-2011, 10:35 PM
Has LE said who called in the missing person report and exactly waht time it was called in?

The discrepancy of 3:45pm and 5pm (on the playground) is confusing to me.
The video a post or two above this quoted post contains a statement from a woman who says she saw Jorely on the playground at 4:00 and in front of the woman's apartment at 5:00.

mck16
12-06-2011, 10:38 PM
Some random thoughts:

* Jorely was seven, not two. I don't know how far she was from her next birthday, but in any case that's not exactly an infant that needs constant 24/7 supervision and handholding. I see kids that age every day playing outside without a parent. That's what I did as well. And apparently a fair number of parents at this complex did just that, allowing their kids to play outside together. Further, she wasn't alone at the mall, she was playing with other kids AND a teen guardian at her home playground. Somewhere she should have been safe.

* I have seen some few comments questioning and criticizing the mom here. Her mom is a victim. She was likely poor (who isn't these days) and worked some long hard hours. Again, mom is another victim.

* This crime has shocked the hell out of me far more than the other cases I have followed here. This crime was so sick, so depraved, that it leaves me feeling disgusted and horrified. So much so that I have avoided looking at pictures of this little girl -- it's just too depressing.

* If what we have heard is correct, that this maniac sadistically tortured her to death, then we are dealing with someone so vile that the english language lacks the words to describe it.

* For my experience working with kids, no other racial demographic comes close to Hispanic families in terms of the affection and love that they shower onto their children.

There was a case here in Dallas a couple of months ago. A young girl was killed and molested. She was with her parents at a party. They were visiting from out of town. The murderer was also at the party. You would think this child would have been safe with all her family and relatives around, but still this crime happened. I believe he was a relative, so I think if the perp wants to do this he will find a way. jmo

bunky
12-06-2011, 10:39 PM
Le director of investigations said Jorely's killer 'lived there or had access' to the complex and that all RSO were ruled out. Could this be a hint at Jorely's killer being someone known to her and her family? Sorry to sound like a broken record.
http://www.cbsatlanta.com/story/1619...d-canton-child

nursebeeme
12-06-2011, 10:40 PM
nursebeeme,
Are you thinking the murderer-rapist was known to the mom and other tenants?
To me the words from the presser meant this guy is no stranger to the complex.
Sorry if I'm completely off.

what I meant, and sorry if I was evasive, was that this ((in my opinion only)) was someone Jorelys most likely knew just enough to 'give a drink' to. It has been reported earlier that she was the one who was always getting drinks and snacks...

remember that earlier report where it was stated that she went in for drinks but the teen went off and others got cold? so she walks out alone with drinks and no one is there perhaps to get them?

in walks bad guy who maybe has been biding his time. imhoo..

I struggle to think how else this could have happened in a vacant apartment and dumpster of the very same apartment complex... :twocents:

I think it was someone that had access to a lot of things there (imhoo and going off what we know now)

bunky
12-06-2011, 10:45 PM
what I meant, and sorry if I was evasive, was that this ((in my opinion only)) was someone Jorelys most likely knew just enough to 'give a drink' to. It has been reported earlier that she was the one who was always getting drinks and snacks...

remember that earlier report where it was stated that she went in for drinks but the teen went off and others got cold? so she walks out alone with drinks and no one is there perhaps to get them?

in walks bad guy who maybe has been biding his time. imhoo..

I struggle to think how else this could have happened in a vacant apartment and dumpster of the very same apartment complex... :twocents:

I think it was someone that had access to a lot of things there (imhoo and going off what we know now)

Thank you kindly nursebeeme.
I remember your post about her going to her apartment to get drinks. I agree with you, perfect time for the monster to take advantage of her being alone.

Wise Old Owl
12-06-2011, 10:46 PM

Its says several residents have seen LE going in and out of one of the worker's apts. So, the workers must live there (or at least a few of them).

Bravo
12-06-2011, 10:46 PM
The only blame i can place right now is with the perp. Mom worked and it appears did provide child care. Don't know if prior DCF visits were due to a lack of supervision or a case of the babysitter not diligent. Perhaps Mom worked different shifts. I cant Judge her at this point.

mck16
12-06-2011, 10:49 PM
The only blame i can place right now is with the perp. Mom worked and it appears did provide child care. Don't know if prior DCF visits were due to a lack of supervision or a case of the babysitter not diligent. Perhaps Mom worked different shifts. I cant Judge her at this point.

I am sure I either read or heard that the babysitter was a relative. Did anyone else hear this?

bessie
12-06-2011, 10:51 PM
New thread here...

GA - Jorelys Rivera, 7, Canton, 2 December 2011 - #2
(http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7415167#post7415167)

nursebeeme
12-06-2011, 10:53 PM
prayers for Jorelys, her family, her friends, and all those people that must be living in fear in that river ridge apartment complex tonight.

I pray that LE is close to solving what happened and bringing this perp to justice...

like I said earlier this hits home hard for me.... my friend (in the early 80s) was abducted, beaten, raped, etc etc.. much the same as Jorelys... I just do not understand. I never will.