PDA

View Full Version : IN - Aliahna Maroney Lemmon, 9, Fort Wayne, 23 Dec 2011 - #4

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

FrayedKnot
12-30-2011, 01:18 AM
Just when I though I couldnt get anymore creeped out...I scoped his FB page...IMO the pentagram tattoo is the LEAST of the red flags.

I only see three pics on his FB, one is Aliahna's missing poster....what am I missing?:waitasec:

joedotnet
12-30-2011, 01:25 AM
OOOOOOkaaaayyyy...

So, in my list of stuff we still have to figure out, not including the obvious questions of poor judgement:rolleyes::silenced:

1. Does MP have a former spouse, domestic partner, baby momma, children?

2. Is there any way to sleuth the names of the men allegedly "caught" for the abuse of Aliahna in IA in 2010? (I haven't found one)

3. Is it possible that the dismissed case involving MP as the defendant in November of 2010, and in the same county in IA where the Souders/Lemmon family lived, is in any way related to what happened to Aliahna?

4. If so, was it dismissed because her parents refused to press charges?

5. If not, is there any way to find out the specifics of a case that was dismissed?

6. I now have heard that the surviving children have, in fact, NOT been removed from the home. Is this confirmed? Or is it simply that the rumors of their REMOVAL were never confirmed?

7. Under the law, do the police have to name the parents as either co-conspirators or POI's in order to keep them from skipping town? Are they free to escape jurisdiction? (Although with a case this high profile, it would be hard to really hide this time.)

8. Since LE made a statement confirming that the two other girls had NOT been examined for signs of sexual abuse, can that set both the Sherrif's Dept. and CPS up for a negligence suit brought on the the parents? (oh the effing irony:furious:)

That's all I got for now that can be asked within TOS and the realm of possibility. TIA.

I'm going to work on 3,4 and 5 tomorrow. Love being on vacation. :)

FrayedKnot
12-30-2011, 01:29 AM
My family is very sentimental, in my possession is 100 years old rocker tahn belonged to my great great uncle who died of diptheria age 20 months.
A framed drawing from school, of another great great uncle who was killed violantly by a drunk driver in 1932 at the age of 9.
My dear grandma made sure we all KNEW them. Kept their memory alive generation after generation.
My grandchildren have my father's WWII, rations, Eisenhower jacket.
Some things are heirlooms and priceless.
Not costly just love for a deceased love one.
How can things just be discarded even before a funeral?

I, too, am the keeper of many of these thing for my family. My father was the only one in his generation interested in genealogy, and the precious (although not monetarily valuable) items that belonged to people in our family. He knew all the stories associated with them and told them to me. As it turns out, I am the only one in my generation who cares to take up where Daddy left off.

That said, when I lost my Mom, I couldn't bear to go through her things right away. We all lovingly packed them up when we sold her condo, and the things that I kept of hers, well it was maybe years before I could bring myself to hold them and look at them.

All this to say, I have since day one NEVER defended victim TS in any of this, but I can sort of see how personal belongings may be hard to see.

Everyone is different.

Doesn't change what I think the 'deal' is, though.

jjenny
12-30-2011, 01:30 AM
If there is proof of it. Don't worry, if LE finds enough proof for the state to charge them they will be charged. It may take a while but it will happen.

I posted this in the other thread as an example.

Jada Justice, a NW Indiana case. Jada's mother left her with her cousin and cousin's bf who she knew were drug users/dealers. Cousin killed Jada while bf held her down and watched. Then they tried to burn her body. When that didn't work they encased her in cement and threw her is a swamp.
The boyfriend took a plea deal and testified against Jada's killer. She was found guilty and sent off to prison. Jada's mother was then charged with neglect. I bet she didn't see that one coming since 2 years had passed since Jada's death.

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?sec...cal&id=8269644

I think in cases like this the key is-did the parent know the "babysitter" was unsafe? Of course so far the relatives of Ali's mother have been singing praises about the alleged perp- how trustworthy they believed he was and how he couldn't hurt any child. And so far it doesn't appear the alleged perp actually was a RSO. If he were then I wouldn't be surprised by neglect charges at all. He was however a convicted felon but I am not sure if that is going to lead to any charges.

Bodhi
12-30-2011, 01:32 AM
OOOOOOkaaaayyyy...

So, in my list of stuff we still have to figure out, not including the obvious questions of poor judgement:rolleyes::silenced:

1. Does MP have a former spouse, domestic partner, baby momma, children?

2. Is there any way to sleuth the names of the men allegedly "caught" for the abuse of Aliahna in IA in 2010? (I haven't found one)

3. Is it possible that the dismissed case involving MP as the defendant in November of 2010, and in the same county in IA where the Souders/Lemmon family lived, is in any way related to what happened to Aliahna?

4. If so, was it dismissed because her parents refused to press charges?

5. If not, is there any way to find out the specifics of a case that was dismissed?

6. I now have heard that the surviving children have, in fact, NOT been removed from the home. Is this confirmed? Or is it simply that the rumors of their REMOVAL were never confirmed?

7. Under the law, do the police have to name the parents as either co-conspirators or POI's in order to keep them from skipping town? Are they free to escape jurisdiction? (Although with a case this high profile, it would be hard to really hide this time.)

8. Since LE made a statement confirming that the two other girls had NOT been examined for signs of sexual abuse, can that set both the Sherrif's Dept. and CPS up for a negligence suit brought on the the parents? (oh the effing irony:furious:)

That's all I got for now that can be asked within TOS and the realm of possibility. TIA.

Wow, FrayedKnot, great questions. Just wish I had answers.

I can only say that on #2, I found a recent case in the MSM where a 55- year-old father and his 20-year-old son from Centerville, Iowa were sentenced in sexual abuse of two children. The alleged abuse of victim 1 went back many years (although the charges were for crimes committed from 2002-2010, probably because the family only moved to Iowa in 2002). But there were charges involving a second victim, ending in July 2010. The father, Thomas Wood, is serving 80 years in prison. The younger man, Thomas Wood, Jr., just pled guilty in a plea deal to 2 counts of child endangerment relating to Victim 2 and he is now on probation.

http://ottumwacourier.com/cnhi/x1202034776/Father-son-abuse-scandal-sees-second-sentencing

RT51
12-30-2011, 01:32 AM
O/T

I grew up in a small town in Vermont. When I was 12, (early 70's) I took private clarinet lessons. My parents would drop me off and head to the grocery store. When my lesson was finished, I would walk from the home to Main street and wait for them to pick me up.

One night (it was dark) as I was walking down the hill, a car slowed down and followed me as I walked. Scared me silly. I ran onto a porch of a house that had a light on and waited. The car finally left, and I ran all the way to Main street.

I never told my parents as I thought they would think I was just paranoid. I eventually requested to quit the lessons. They never knew why.

They are both gone now, and I wish I had told them. The whole episode haunts me today.

FrayedKnot
12-30-2011, 01:33 AM
I'm going to work on 3,4 and 5 tomorrow. Love being on vacation. :)

Oh man alive!! :rocker: You rock!

I have searched news stories, blotters, etc. with no success. But I have no dates other than the year, and am assuming it is Appanoose County, but maybe a neighboring county.

I am on vacay too, but I just don't think I have the chops to sleuth these, since I keep hitting dead ends!

FrayedKnot
12-30-2011, 01:36 AM
Wow, FrayedKnot, great questions. Just wish I had answers.

I can only say that on #2, I found a recent case in the MSM where a 55- year-old father and his 20-year-old son from Centerville, Iowa were sentenced in sexual abuse of two children. The alleged abuse of victim 1 went back many years (although the charges were for crimes committed from 2002-2010, probably because the family only moved to Iowa in 2002). But there were charges involving a second victim, ending in July 2010. The father, Thomas Wood, is serving 80 years in prison. The younger man, Thomas Wood, Jr., just pled guilty in a plea deal to 2 counts of child endangerment relating to Victim 2 and he is now on probation.

http://ottumwacourier.com/cnhi/x1202034776/Father-son-abuse-scandal-sees-second-sentencing

YIPES! I found that case and skimmed by it......I did NOT see the charges involving a SECOND victim! Thank you! :great:

I swear I think if this statement by DS pans out, it could answer a TON of questions!

RT51
12-30-2011, 01:37 AM
FORT WAYNE, Ind. -- Police are trying to determine if a man suspected of killing a Fort Wayne girl could be linked to similar crimes around the country.

Investigators said they are concerned about Michael Plumadore’s past because of his apparent lack of remorse when he described 9-year-old Aliahna Lemmon’s slaying to detectives.

Plumadore was baby-sitting Lemmon and her two younger sisters at a Fort Wayne mobile home park days before she disappeared, RTV6’s Chris Proffitt reported.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/30100727/detail.html

I am glad they have the fortitude to look further. He seems to be a transient so very possible there are connections to other crimes.

Dee10
12-30-2011, 01:37 AM
My family is very sentimental, in my possession is 100 years old rocker tahn belonged to my great great uncle who died of diptheria age 20 months.
A framed drawing from school, of another great great uncle who was killed violantly by a drunk driver in 1932 at the age of 9.
My dear grandma made sure we all KNEW them. Kept their memory alive generation after generation.
My grandchildren have my father's WWII, rations, Eisenhower jacket.
Some things are heirlooms and priceless.
Not costly just love for a deceased love one.
How can things just be discarded even before a funeral?

Yet...still live x number of feet from the "HOUSE OF HORRORS". Denial just doesn't cut it for me! Maybe they are moving out & we just don't know it??? I hope so!:great:

mahoolin
12-30-2011, 01:41 AM
mom just claimed the flu. IMO if she had MS or something serious she would of used her excuse better,,,,,,,,,,JMOO

Just kept thinking about the friend who said she'd be able to walk next week... (I'm paraphrasing) That's why the leaning toward something other than the flu.
Guess her friend just "knows" things and can predict the future- :crystalball:

Bodhi
12-30-2011, 01:52 AM
YIPES! I found that case and skimmed by it......I did NOT see the charges involving a SECOND victim! Thank you! :great:

I swear I think if this statement by DS pans out, it could answer a TON of questions!

http://dailyiowegian.com/x528360353/Jury-finds-Centerville-man-guilty-of-five-sexual-abuse-charges

This article details the specific charges as related to two separate victims. Wood, Sr., was convicted of third degree sexual abuse of both victims from July 2009 to July 2010, as well as other charges of abuse of the first victim.

I have no indication that Wood Sr. and Jr. are the two men that DS says abused AL. But the location and the time frame seem to fit.

SuziQ
12-30-2011, 02:08 AM
FORT WAYNE, Ind. -- Police are trying to determine if a man suspected of killing a Fort Wayne girl could be linked to similar crimes around the country.

Investigators said they are concerned about Michael Plumadore’s past because of his apparent lack of remorse when he described 9-year-old Aliahna Lemmon’s slaying to detectives.

Plumadore was baby-sitting Lemmon and her two younger sisters at a Fort Wayne mobile home park days before she disappeared, RTV6’s Chris Proffitt reported.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/30100727/detail.html

We need a list of places and dates so we can sleuth similar missing or unsolved cases. There is probably a list around here already. I apologize if I missed it.

claudicici
12-30-2011, 02:08 AM
I only see three pics on his FB, one is Aliahna's missing poster....what am I missing?:waitasec:

They're talking about his myspace page but unlike MP's facebook I don't see any red flags or anything creepy there either,just a pic of his tattoo and family pics ,some of them taken Helloween...

Elley Mae
12-30-2011, 02:11 AM
http://www.indianasnewscenter.com/news/local/Politicians-Weigh-In-on-Possible-Aliahnas-Law-136402548.html

FrayedKnot
12-30-2011, 02:22 AM
http://www.indianasnewscenter.com/news/local/Politicians-Weigh-In-on-Possible-Aliahnas-Law-136402548.html

Thank you! Interesting that they did not mention the specifics of the proposed law pending further investigation. That leads me to believe that they have quite a bit more info in the vault that we are privy to!

Good night, all......:offtobed:

jjenny
12-30-2011, 02:30 AM
Thank you! Interesting that they did not mention the specifics of the proposed law pending further investigation. That leads me to believe that they have quite a bit more info in the vault that we are privy to!

Good night, all......:offtobed:

I think it's just the opposite. They don't even know what law to pass until they figure out why the alleged perp did it.

mahoolin
12-30-2011, 02:39 AM
http://dailyiowegian.com/x528360353/Jury-finds-Centerville-man-guilty-of-five-sexual-abuse-charges

This article details the specific charges as related to two separate victims. Wood, Sr., was convicted of third degree sexual abuse of both victims from July 2009 to July 2010, as well as other charges of abuse of the first victim.

I have no indication that Wood Sr. and Jr. are the two men that DS says abused AL. But the location and the time frame seem to fit.

What a find! It really seemed likely - so I went sleuthing further using your lead, but I don't think it's them. In the article below - it states the charges involved father/son incest with two daughters/sisters, one roughly 12-14yr between 2002-2005 depending on which yrs complaint, and the second under 12y in 2010. Ugh. Those poor girls.

http://india.nydailynews.com/article/5659a87bf415669c89d462c1b3d76b20/appanoose-county-man-and-son-face-six-sexual-assault-charges

twall
12-30-2011, 02:57 AM
I think in cases like this the key is-did the parent know the "babysitter" was unsafe? Of course so far the relatives of Ali's mother have been singing praises about the alleged perp- how trustworthy they believed he was and how he couldn't hurt any child. And so far it doesn't appear the alleged perp actually was a RSO. If he were then I wouldn't be surprised by neglect charges at all. He was however a convicted felon but I am not sure if that is going to lead to any charges.

Right, if it turns out MP was abusing Ali and they knew about it they could be found negligent. At this time there is nothing to substantiate that claim, just giving an example of what could happen to TS and/or AS if it comes to light that was the case.

Bodhi
12-30-2011, 03:21 AM
What a find! It really seemed likely - so I went sleuthing further using your lead, but I don't think it's them. In the article below - it states the charges involved father/son incest with two daughters/sisters, one roughly 12-14yr between 2002-2005 depending on which yrs complaint, and the second under 12y in 2010. Ugh. Those poor girls.

http://india.nydailynews.com/article/5659a87bf415669c89d462c1b3d76b20/appanoose-county-man-and-son-face-six-sexual-assault-charges

Thanks, Mahoolin. Looks like you're right, there's no connection. The article you cited states both victims are Wood Sr's daughters.

I saw in a link on that article that an 18 year old with the same last name in the same town was guilty of sexual abuse of a child in the last 6 months. Wonder if he's related?

As far as this case goes, I don't see an apparent connection, except for the possibility that there were crimes against other victims that were not charged.

Wild@Heart
12-30-2011, 03:24 AM
I posed the question about possible other kids in the last thread too, smittles, and I am still confused. I've read contradictory things. Some posts mentioned a 4th child, a younger boy. And JL's obituary looks like TS may be the mother of grandson K. The ages and relationship of the other 2 girls at MP's varies in MSM reports and posts here too.

If there is a MSM link or a clarification in a post here, I'd appreciate it. I've tried to read through all the threads, but with things moving quickly I may not have seen it. Thanks in advance!

Not sure about the number of adult living in home, but this may help with the children in the house. I now believe that the reference to the 6 kid in the household must of been her sisters children. JMO!!:twocents:

I haven't seen anything about another adult living with TS and AS, smittles. That would be interesting, given the explanation that TS was too sick and AS was at work or sleeping to have the 3 girls at home.

This is a bio I found for TS: I am a mother of 3 with a beautiful step daughter. I am now working full time as a computer repair tech at aarons sales & lease after being a stay at home mom for close to six years off and on. My youngest name removed 4yrs starts pre k next year and my 5yr old name removed starts kindergarden along with my step daughter name removed, Aliahna 8yrs will be going into 3rd grade next year. I love my children, my husband, my close friends and family and my life. I wouldn't change a thing.

Bodhi
12-30-2011, 03:28 AM
I just came across an article from North Carolina that states that MP is a registered sex offender:

A man now charged with the unspeakable murder and dismemberment of a 9-year old, girl, has a history in Watauga County. Sheriff Len Hagaman said that Michael Plumadore was in Watauga in 2007 and 2008, and was arrested here as a fugitive from Indiana. The Sheriff said Plumadore was found in what was the “Domestic Violence and Sex Offender Registry Verification” by warrant and sex offender check, and was here November 29th of 2007 to January 22nd 2008.

http://www.goblueridge.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=14218

Has anyone seen this any place else? Perhaps the sheriff was misquoted or not remembering it accurately after several years.

Bodhi
12-30-2011, 03:32 AM
This is a bio I found for TS: I am a mother of 3 with a beautiful step daughter. I am now working full time as a computer repair tech at aarons sales & lease after being a stay at home mom for close to six years off and on. My youngest name removed 4yrs starts pre k next year and my 5yr old name removed starts kindergarden along with my step daughter name removed, Aliahna 8yrs will be going into 3rd grade next year. I love my children, my husband, my close friends and family and my life. I wouldn't change a thing.

Thanks, Kimb103. Wow--loves her life! I wonder why some posts talked about 6 kids. Maybe it was just 6 people in all.

Charlie09
12-30-2011, 03:33 AM
Just remember, it is NOT AWALYS stranger-danger; it could be a scout-leader, daycare teacher, babysitter, uncle, family friend, the friendly neighbor...it is most OFTEN someone the child knows & they have to be taught that as well.

I was late to the bus stop & my son had accepted a ride from a friend of my husband. We read him the riot act...just because we know him...etc. He didn't really understand for a long time, but he never forgot it.

This is off topic to the thread - but I HIGHLY recommend Amazon.com: The Safe Side - Stranger Safety: Hot Tips To Keep Cool Kids Safe With People They Don't Know And Kinda Know: Angela Shelton, John Walsh, Carol Cordova, Kevin Meier, Connor Cordova, Aspen Clark, Sierra Clark, Braxton Thais, Jean Miller (IV), Revital Krawetz, Paul Kessler (III), Elen Costa, Zach Brooks, Elizabeth Decker, Frank Aaron, Alphonso Johnson, Suzanne Guiterrez, Kevin Smith (XXVII), Regina Mocey, Chris Moore (VII): Movies & TV@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51iafy36B4L.@@AMEPARAM@@51iafy36B4L

It is so well done, it's been two years since my daughter watched it (she's 8) but we still refer to people as "don't knows" and "kinda know" like the video explains. We have a short list of our "know very well."
We have a family password and thanks to an earlier thread we have a phrase that if she ever says it I'll come running. Although she said so sweetly "mom, I'll just tell you straight out if I need you to come get me."
Short of my older brother (and if my dad were still alive he would be on the list) I don't think there's any man that I would let her stay with -without a wife present in the home.

It's mind boggling though that this case is not about stranger danger -

Wild@Heart
12-30-2011, 04:01 AM
Thanks, Kimb103. Wow--loves her life! I wonder why some posts talked about 6 kids. Maybe it was just 6 people in all.

TS's sister was hospitalized for some time. I am betting the other children in the home at that time are her sister's kids. JMO

twall
12-30-2011, 04:04 AM
Here is the link where you can find Allen Co., Indiana public records if anyone wants to look anything up or follow MP's docket. I will put this in the Located Timeline and Media Links thread.

http://mycase.in.gov/default.aspx

christee
12-30-2011, 05:05 AM
I found this link for MP on a website of a PI in Sarasota, Fl. It doesn't appear to have new info but it might be helpful. (If it's a duplicate link, please excuse):

http://pibillwarner.wordpress.com/2011/12/27/updatemichael-plumadore-chopped-up-missing-indiana-girl-aliahna-lemmon-with-hacksaw-michael-plumadore-was-on-the-run-fugitive-out-of-miami-fl/

lorann
12-30-2011, 06:57 AM
When my DD was old enough to babysit, she was the only one in our subdivision who was. She kept her schedule on the calendar next to the phone and also a list of her "customers" phone numbers. I was always home when she sat. One evening I got home from work, she already had plans made way ahead to attend a bday party. My son said he was going to make some money, he was to babysit three little girls because she was not home. Oh no, you are not - and it was very close to the time the mother was to leave. I called her and said she would have to bring the kids to my house. She thought I was silly but did bring them, son had to color with them, watch cartoons with them, but I was here and watched them too. From then on he was instructed why he was not to accept any more babysitting jobs - he made his money by doing yard work. Of course he thought my protecting him was silly but now that he is grown, glad I did. Protecting our kids covers everything in their lives.

Karmaa
12-30-2011, 08:10 AM
This may have been addressed earlier, but doesn't it seem odd that MP would beat the child to death on THE FRONT STEPS of his trailer? I could see if it was in the woods, or in a deserted alley, but on his front steps? Even if it was the middle of the night, there was a chance that someone would be up and looking out their window, or walking the dog, or something. The mom herself could easily have walked out and seen that.

Has anyone looked at the layout of the front, versus the other trailers? It would have to be a unique situation to make that even slightly reasonable. (Or as reasonable as killing this child could ever be.)

Norwegian
12-30-2011, 08:13 AM
When my DD was old enough to babysit, she was the only one in our subdivision who was. She kept her schedule on the calendar next to the phone and also a list of her "customers" phone numbers. I was always home when she sat. One evening I got home from work, she already had plans made way ahead to attend a bday party. My son said he was going to make some money, he was to babysit three little girls because she was not home. Oh no, you are not - and it was very close to the time the mother was to leave. I called her and said she would have to bring the kids to my house. She thought I was silly but did bring them, son had to color with them, watch cartoons with them, but I was here and watched them too. From then on he was instructed why he was not to accept any more babysitting jobs - he made his money by doing yard work. Of course he thought my protecting him was silly but now that he is grown, glad I did. Protecting our kids covers everything in their lives.

Thanks for your story, I totally understand you.

I think it's just sad our society is like that; that boys can't babysit, that Dads can't show affection for their child without someone looking at them "sideways". I understand why it is like that, but I don't like it!! We have become a very suspious society.... with good cause. But; where is it going to end?

BTW: My mother's husband was molested on many occasions when he was a 6 -8 years old. When he told the story, I took for granted it was a man who had raped him, but it was his female babysitter.

My mother's husband is 60 now and the woman who did that to him is still alive. She's like 85. I shrug when I think of other kids she has abused... and right now she just looks like a nice, old grandma. Yuck.

Ok, back to the case.....

hoppy
12-30-2011, 08:26 AM
Asked my Army retired hubby about this and he helped me find some links on this.

If the grandfather WAS receiving VA benefits - and then became a felon - his benefits would be lowered WHILE INCARCERATED (do we know if he served any time?) -- however - it also appears that his benefits can be apportioned.

All or part of the compensation not paid to an incarcerated veteran may be apportioned to the veteran's spouse, child or children, and dependent parents on the basis of individual need. In determining individual need, consideration shall be given to such factors as the claimant's income and living expenses, the amount of compensation available to be apportioned, the needs and living expenses of other claimants as well as any special needs, if any, of all claimants.

Incarcerated Veteran Program (http://www.vba.va.gov/bln/21/Benefits/Incarcerated/benprogfact.htm)

Karmaa
12-30-2011, 08:27 AM
I don't know the address that they lived in in Hagerstown MD, but I did a RSO search based on the school that Aliahna attended and there about 35-40 child offenders in a mile radius. But here's the thing - they are clustered into two areas. Each cluster is a few blocks. It sounds suspiciously like a trailer park with 15 out of 22 trailers having RSO's in them. Does anyone know the address or street that they lived on in Hagerstown?

Since Aliahna had been sexually molested at least twice before, in Iowa, I wonder if this family gravitated towards these kinds of areas?

hoppy
12-30-2011, 08:29 AM
This may have been addressed earlier, but doesn't it seem odd that MP would beat the child to death on THE FRONT STEPS of his trailer? I could see if it was in the woods, or in a deserted alley, but on his front steps? Even if it was the middle of the night, there was a chance that someone would be up and looking out their window, or walking the dog, or something. The mom herself could easily have walked out and seen that.

Has anyone looked at the layout of the front, versus the other trailers? It would have to be a unique situation to make that even slightly reasonable. (Or as reasonable as killing this child could ever be.)

BBM

:rolleyes: Nope. Remember - SHE WAS IN BED WITH THE FLU PARALYZED FROM THE WAIST DOWN. :rolleyes:

Sorry -- couldn't keep my fingers from typing........

vlpate
12-30-2011, 08:33 AM
I had to bring this over from the other thread:

Originally Posted by not_my_kids
I'm going to try to do this diplomatically, but I have seen this kind of home situation before.
The sending the kids off to other people, the unsafe number of people in one house, the constant moving and changing phone numbers.

Some call it poverty, and I've spent my whole life surrounded by it. I grew up in it, most of my siblings grew up in it and are living their lives now the same way they lived their lives when they were younger. No drive, no ambition, just, as others have said, survival.

The kids are usually fed, but fed well? Not so much. Instead of cooking, they buy prepackaged crap with food stamps, because it's easier and doesn't require too much clean up afterwards. Most of the time, it's convenience foods that the kids can microwave themselves. The heat might get shut off, or the car might not have gas to get the kids from school, but the internet always stays on. half the time you can't call because the cell phone ran out of minutes, and you simply have to wait until they switch to a company they don't owe, or they find a way to put more time on the phone.

The houses are usually dirty, and I see a lot of hoarding, they won't throw anything away, because they might need them later. Even the broken toys, and the outgrown clothes, everything mixed together, so the kids don't have anything nice to play with, and half the time, their clothes don't fit right, or anywhere near right. Coats and boots are usually not bought, so they wear the same jacket whether it's 50 degrees or -5, and the same tennis shoes year round.

I don't see that much abuse, but neglect is rampant. I can't tell you how many times I've asked after one of my nieces or nephews and been told, "Oh I don't know, it's so hard to keep track of that kid." Meaning that as long as they can call and be told the kid is fine or see them at some point between waking up or going back to sleep, they just assume the kid is okay. There's no checking of friends or babysitters, the kids simply go wherever their care is cheapest. There's no talking to them unless they do something wrong or the parent needs something.

The houses themselves are usually roach ridden all year, and flea ridden in the summer. Half the time the heater doesn't work and the other half of the time the air conditioner doesn't work. If they can pack three bunk beds in a room, they'll have six kids in the same room, or a couple kids sleep on couches or floors. The kids usually have to dodge broken windows, and broken down furniture, as well as everything else that the parents have the ability to fix, but not the drive. My sister and her four kids all lived in a 600 square foot travel trailer at one point. I have literally seen it all.

It's sickening, but it's life for a decent percentage of the country, and it doesn't matter what part.

This is so true, all of it.
BEM: And the other percentage can't imagine that this goes on - so it's hard to understand and easier to live in denial. Entitlements were not even mentioned, yet I know not_my_kids will agree, getting a check or assistance for each and every child is not much motivation to change. The neglect (which is abuse), gets passed from generation to generation until the abusers are baffled at the blame heaped on them when something this horrific happens to them, it's just how it is.

Very good post not-with-my-kids!

Karmaa
12-30-2011, 08:35 AM
BBM

:rolleyes: Nope. Remember - SHE WAS IN BED WITH THE FLU PARALYZED FROM THE WAIST DOWN. :rolleyes:

Sorry -- couldn't keep my fingers from typing........

Touché! :floorlaugh:

Patty G
12-30-2011, 09:00 AM
For those following my posts with regards to MP being arrested in NC back in 2007, and the article stating:

Accused Child Murderer Once Lived in Boone
Sheriff Len Hagaman said that Michael Plumadore was in Watauga and registered as a sex offender on November 29th of 2007 when found by a sex offender check, and found him to be a fugitive from Indiana at that time.

Original article is not online anymore and the update is clearly worded differently.
http://www.goblueridge.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=14218

So for now, this is the latest that I have from Steve as of:
Thursday, December 29, 2011 1:18 PM

Hi Patty...

I've been called out of town on a family emergency, and have had limited communication. At a distance, I'm trying to find out if the former address for the shelter home he was living in had such a designation at one time, causing the confusion. But they've moved and most everyone I try to find is on some sort of limited schedule for the holiday week. I'm still trying, though.

Steve

I will continue to have contact with Steve, and won't give up until "goblueridge" clarifies what "globlueridge" wrote claiming what the Sheriff stated.

My goal for 2012 is to question the media every time I read something that just doesn't make sense. I am just so tired of stuff being put into articles and they have nothing to back up their statements, especially in this particular situation.

Norwegian
12-30-2011, 09:13 AM
My goal for 2012 is to question the media every time I read something that just doesn't make sense. I am just so tired of stuff being put into articles and they have nothing to back up their statements, especially in this particular situation.

Great goal, but man, you are going to be so busy!!!

not_my_kids
12-30-2011, 09:15 AM
I understand that Detroit usually gets a bad rap, but there are some very nice areas of Detroit as well. Although I was born and raised in western Michigan, I am very familiar with metro Detroit. Personally, I find Flint, Michigan to be a scarier place in general than Detroit, and Flint has its nice areas as well. Also, some of the suburbs of Detroit are amongst the most affluent in the nation. Places like Plymouth, Northville, Bloomfield Hills, etc. come readily to mind. I couldn't help but respond; it is the second time that you mentioned Detroit. Just my perspective....

O/T: 25 year long Flint resident. And you are correct, I often forget to lock my doors driving through Detroit, but I never forget when I'm at home. Flint alone has 650 RSO's now, just within the borders of the city. We are a "safe haven" for them, I suppose. Flint is scary. Flint is why my five year old knows to lie down flat and cover his head when he hears "fireworks". Flint is why my kids have been taught to use code words, how to vomit and urinate on themselves at will if someone picks them up, why they know how to scream every obscenity ever created if someone tries to walk off with them, and it's why we have to play "Lockdown" here at home, a game where they have learned how to lock every door in the house, run to their rooms and hide under the blankets in their closet.

There are no nice areas left in Flint. I'm one of those that is financially stuck. Our house won't sell, it's in Flint, and well over a hundred years old. But I suppose the good thing is that my kids know how to fight, how to scream, when to tell, who to tell...My children are young, so I have to somehow present all this in ways that doesn't scare them too much. There is healthy fear, and the only upside to a place like this is that they learn it almost through osmosis.

SyraKelly
12-30-2011, 09:45 AM
is he being charged today?

not_my_kids
12-30-2011, 09:48 AM
I had to bring this over from the other thread:

[/B]

This is so true, all of it.
BEM: And the other percentage can't imagine that this goes on - so it's hard to understand and easier to live in denial. Entitlements were not even mentioned, yet I know not_my_kids will agree, getting a check or assistance for each and every child is not much motivation to change. The neglect (which is abuse), gets passed from generation to generation until the abusers are baffled at the blame heaped on them when something this horrific happens to them, it's just how it is.

Very good post not-with-my-kids!

The benefits don't help, but for the problems relating to the kids, neither are the options to limit the benefits. The state will put a cap on how long you can recieve welfare, like they did here in MI, and when the parents hit that cap, they move on to another state, where they continue their lifestyle with a whole new group of possibly dangerous people. Once again, something needs to change, but it's almost impossible to change the system in a way that it will change someone's lifestyle. It's baffling to me how someone can put the time, energy, and money into moving every couple years to stay ahead of the benefits, but can't put half of that into finding a job or improving themselves. Baffling.

In Ali's case, I see inconsistency. Another hallmark of families like these. Sometimes the family will have a steady income, mom or dad is making money, and there are extras. Clothes get bought, the car is running, sometimes the house is even clean. But it never lasts more than a few months. For a few days at a time, the parents cook dinner and then it's back to microwave slop or nothing at all. I only say this because from the outside, Ali's family looks so much like the people I grew up with. Constant moves, constant streams of people in and out of the house, questionable friends that no one seems to question, odd living arrangements.

And yes, when something happens to a child that has been put in this situation, the family is just as grief stricken and just as shocked as say, the Dugards, or the Smarts, or the Hagerman's. I think that in many cases, the adults in homes like this are just so numb to everything, due to the poverty and the pain they have lived with daily that they are also numb to danger, unless the danger is literally in their face, threatening them face to face in an active way, otherwise they don't see it.

If I had a nickel for every instance of child abuse or molestation that I know has personally happened because of this particular lifestyle, I could retire yesterday.

not_my_kids
12-30-2011, 09:51 AM
is he being charged today?

THe way I understand it, he was to have a hearing and be formally charged today. Yesterday they decided to push the hearing to next week, but he will still be formally charged and have his charges read to him today, I just don't think he will be appearing in court until next week. If I understand the news articles from yesterday, that's how it will go.

SyraKelly
12-30-2011, 10:00 AM
THe way I understand it, he was to have a hearing and be formally charged today. Yesterday they decided to push the hearing to next week, but he will still be formally charged and have his charges read to him today, I just don't think he will be appearing in court until next week. If I understand the news articles from yesterday, that's how it will go.

OK-Thanks

bam
12-30-2011, 10:29 AM
Melissa S. Godmother to Aliahna was also from Fort Wayne and now lives in Iowa. Also was friend of Michael Plumadore on FB. What is going on?

bam
12-30-2011, 10:35 AM
What kind of response when finding out your GOD DAUGHTER is found dead, May she rest in Peace with Grandfather and angels. Uhm, he was a convicted child molester! Then when I have read that she had on dress that she wore to grandfathers funeral on the last time she was seen and Aliahna wanted to sleep in Grandfather's chair that he was in. I'm getting SICK to my stomache! This is what's NORM to these families?

officer'swife 2010
12-30-2011, 10:42 AM
Just reading court documents on MP. He has a criminal sheet as long as a football field.....my mouth dropped open reading this, it was only in time he would murder somebody....this whole case makes me sick....and now finding out he's a RSO? I have an app on my phone that let's you know who is RSO's in your neighborhood, and theres like 4 houses down from me and theres about 6 RSO's living in 1 house...which scares me into not staying here by myself, and my little boy will never be out of my sight...i always tell my husband i want to move, but it's everywhere you go, very sad actually

officer'swife 2010
12-30-2011, 10:43 AM
Is MP's facebook still up and running? Usually cops take it down right?

Nom de plume
12-30-2011, 10:46 AM
What kind of response when finding out your GOD DAUGHTER is found dead, May she rest in Peace with Grandfather and angels. Uhm, he was a convicted child molester! Then when I have read that she had on dress that she wore to grandfathers funeral on the last time she was seen and Aliahna wanted to sleep in Grandfather's chair that he was in. I'm getting SICK to my stomache! This is what's NORM to these families?

Ummm....NO! Ali is not with her grandfather. There's a special place for people like her grandfather. :furious:

bam
12-30-2011, 10:47 AM
I believe I had read that someone as a concerned citizen requested FB to close it down because of him having pics of Aliahna on there.
Is MP's facebook still up and running? Usually cops take it down right?

KinderedSpirits

My mother was the SAME way with my brothers. She didn't actually have a reason to worry, but used to say that she did not want one, either. As mothers (and fathers) we have to keep our eyes open...at all times! I am very paranoid when it comes to my 3-year-old daughter....:heartluv:

TexasCharm
Did we finally confirm that MP is/was a RSO?

bam
12-30-2011, 10:49 AM
No. Patty is still waiting on hearing back from reporter on his statement previously that it may have been misreporting.

Patty G

See my post 288.

Melanie

About the dress. I understand she was supposed to go to a birthday party. Was it the day she was reported missing? Didn't anyone notice she wasn't there prior to the 8 or so PM call? I wonder about the other sisters and if they were invited too.

And did mom send the dress with her for the "week" babysitting jaunt? Think about it. You're realllyyyy sick and think you need to send your kids away for "a few days -- whatever". But do you think "I better send this dress with her" because she has a birthday party to go to at the end of the week! So close to Christmas.

What - were these little girls gonna move in with him permanently? Was mommy even expecting them back for Christmas? Any gifts under the tree?

I'm so baffled at all this nonsense!!

MOO

Mel

matou
12-30-2011, 10:57 AM
Michael Len Plumadore is charged with murder, abuse of a corpse and moving a body from the scene of a violent or suspicious death.

http://www.journalgazette.net/article/20111230/LOCAL07/111239967/1043/LOCAL07

tehcloser
12-30-2011, 10:58 AM
I guess it wasn't put off until next week.........hmmmmmm.

matou
12-30-2011, 10:59 AM
Michael L. Plumadore, 39, is charged with murder, abuse of a corpse and removing a body from the scene of a suspicious death “with intent to hinder a criminal investigation.”

http://www.news-sentinel.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20111230/NEWS/111239965

not_my_kids
12-30-2011, 11:00 AM
About the dress. I understand she was supposed to go to a birthday party. Was it the day she was reported missing? Didn't anyone notice she wasn't there prior to the 8 or so PM call? I wonder about the other sisters and if they were invited too.

And did mom send the dress with her for the "week" babysitting jaunt? Think about it. You're realllyyyy sick and think you need to send your kids away for "a few days -- whatever". But do you think "I better send this dress with her" because she has a birthday party to go to at the end of the week! So close to Christmas.

What - were these little girls gonna move in with him permanently? Was mommy even expecting them back for Christmas? Any gifts under the tree?

MOO

Mel

I have a feeling that dress is the only dressy outfit she had. And I'm not slamming here, it's sometimes just a side effect of big families. Ali was the oldest girl, as far as I know, and sometimes that just happens. My oldest son's clothes are handed down as soon as he outgrows them, and when he hits a growth spurt, his little brother is set for clothes, but he will end up with like three shirts and two pairs of pants, until I get to the store to buy him a few more.

Maybe MP was a stickler about the girls always looking nice, I've seen that with some molesters...my father would put all of his daughter's in dresses all the time. He was adamant that the girls always "take care of themselves" and "look nice" even when we were very young. Just my thoughts on why she sent the dress, even though it seemed unnecessary.

Or possibly, it was just Ali's favorite outfit. Or maybe the kids were quite used to spending a week or so with Uncle Mike and grandpa, and were pros at packing their own bags for the stay, and Ali packed it herself.

ETA: I don't have the link, but I think I read in an article that all of Ali's gifts were left under the tree...of course that was before her mother decided that reminders of Ali were "too painful" and sent all her stuff to storage. I doubt they are still under the tree.

tehcloser
12-30-2011, 11:03 AM
McAlexander would not rule out the possibility that others could also be charged in connection with her death.

TexasCharm
12-30-2011, 11:03 AM
No. Patty is still waiting on hearing back from reporter on his statement previously that it may have been misreporting.

K ... I still see him referred to as a RSO .. just wondered if I missed something..

Can't wait to see the formal charges ... ugh..

Adrienne37
12-30-2011, 11:04 AM
Interesting tidbit from the article...

McAlexander would not rule out the possibility that others could also be charged in connection with her death.

not_my_kids
I guess it wasn't put off until next week.........hmmmmmm.

Only his official hearing was pushed to next week. They said yesterday that he would still be formally charged today and have those charges read to him at the jail. He just won't be brought into court to stand for those charges until next week.

Personally, I think they pushed the hearing back due to the need for increased security. They need time to secure him, his route, and all areas of the court. MOO.

bam
Michael L. Plumadore, 39, is charged with murder, abuse of a corpse and removing a body from the scene of a suspicious death “with intent to hinder a criminal investigation.”

Plumadore is expected to appear in court again next week, probably Tuesday or Wednesday. Some sources indicated Aliahna's sisters had been placed in protective custody, but that could not be officially confirmed. McAlexander would not rule out the possibility that others could also be charged in connection with her death.

matou
12-30-2011, 11:06 AM

OMG...this makes me think that others are involved JMO. Only because in cases where there is only one suspect, the investigators in charge usually just say that there are no other suspects.

Donjeta
12-30-2011, 11:10 AM

MOO

Mel

MP lived two doors down, any clothing they wanted they could have gone and got any time, there was no need to pack for a week imo. But maybe she wore the dress all the time.

I always thought that the birthday party was supposed to be on Friday when she was reported missing but I could be wrong. I don't think it's been clarified for whom and when and where it was supposed to be. After 8 pm is kinda late imo to begin thinking about going to a children's party. Everything my kids have been invited to started 6 pm at the latest. Was it a children's party or something for mostly adults?

bam
12-30-2011, 11:11 AM
I think if others are involved then Michael Plumadore will speak so he won't get death penalty. Too many coincidences of different players involved knowing MP when they are even in different states. So glad FBI is involved! Do we know when Grandma and Step Grandpa came to FortWayne from Florida?

mrsu
12-30-2011, 11:13 AM

Plumadore is expected to appear in court again Wednesday. Some sources indicated Aliahna's sisters had been placed in protective custody, but that could not be officially confirmed. McAlexander would not rule out the possibility that others could also be charged in connection with her death.

not_my_kids
12-30-2011, 11:14 AM
OMG...this makes me think that others are involved JMO. Only because in cases where there is only one suspect, the investigators in charge usually just say that there are no other suspects.

Agree 100%. If they have the only suspect or the only perpetrator in custody, the police will usually come right out and say that, because it calms and comforts the community. It also cuts down on the instances of "I think there's someone in my back yard" calls, if the people feel safer again.

Something bigger is in the works. I just don't know how much bigger.

Patty G
12-30-2011, 11:19 AM

MOO

Mel

I missed the part that Ali was suppose to go to a birthday party. Where can I read this information? TIA

matou
12-30-2011, 11:20 AM
I went into Amandareckonwith's album on the case and I saw video stills (I think) of the FBI leaving the trailer with what looks like a laptop. Not sure though. I'll link the album. I'm worried about the possibility of child porn but wouldn't he be charged with that already? IDK

EDIT TO ADD LINK TO PHOTOALBUM: http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Aliahna%20Lemmon%20%20-IN-/?action=view&current=122411search1.jpg#!oZZ173QQcurrentZZhttp%3 A%2F%2Fs296.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fmm166%2Fcra nkycrankerson%2FAliahna%2520Lemmon%2520%2520-IN-%2F%3Faction%3Dview%26current%3D122611s22.jpg

Start at photo #173

Jacie Estes
12-30-2011, 11:23 AM
Did TS want to Butter up her dad so that she could get inheritance money?
Just an idea.
:waitasec:

I am wondering what is the incentive to move to that park. Trailer, money or just getting away from another situation, as has happened before?

TexasCharm
12-30-2011, 11:26 AM
I went into Amandareckonwith's album on the case and I saw video stills (I think) of the FBI leaving the trailer with what looks like a laptop. Not sure though. I'll link the album. I'm worried about the possibility of child porn but wouldn't he be charged with that already? IDK

Maybe not. The had to charge him today .. so they charged him with what they knew they had and could hold him on.

IF there is child porn, and IF they can link other folks to it ... I would think they aren't showing their hand right now so that they can thoroughly investigate and cast one big net, IYKWIM...

imo

Bodhi
12-30-2011, 11:26 AM
TS's sister was hospitalized for some time. I am betting the other children in the home at that time are her sister's kids. JMO

The sister I've read about, JL's other daughter, lives in Iowa and her children are young adults. Or do you mean a different sister--does Amber have another daughter?

matou
12-30-2011, 11:29 AM
here's the photobucket: http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Aliahna%20Lemmon%20%20-IN-/?action=view&current=122411search1.jpg#!oZZ173QQcurrentZZhttp%3 A%2F%2Fs296.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fmm166%2Fcra nkycrankerson%2FAliahna%2520Lemmon%2520%2520-IN-%2F%3Faction%3Dview%26current%3D122611s22.jpg

Melanie
12-30-2011, 11:36 AM
I missed the part that Ali was suppose to go to a birthday party. Where can I read this information? TIA

I read it in another thread, but am not sure if it's been confirmed via MSM.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased IN - Aliahna Maroney Lemmon, 9, Fort Wayne, 23 Dec 2011, #3

Mel

matou
12-30-2011, 11:36 AM
If MP sexually assaulted Aliahna, would he also be charged with this additionally (a separate charge) or is it included in the murder charge?

peeples
12-30-2011, 11:39 AM
This is off topic to the thread - but I HIGHLY recommend Amazon.com: The Safe Side - Stranger Safety: Hot Tips To Keep Cool Kids Safe With People They Don't Know And Kinda Know: Angela Shelton, John Walsh, Carol Cordova, Kevin Meier, Connor Cordova, Aspen Clark, Sierra Clark, Braxton Thais, Jean Miller (IV), Revital Krawetz, Paul Kessler (III), Elen Costa, Zach Brooks, Elizabeth Decker, Frank Aaron, Alphonso Johnson, Suzanne Guiterrez, Kevin Smith (XXVII), Regina Mocey, Chris Moore (VII): Movies & TV (http://www.amazon.com/Safe-Side-Stranger-Safety-People/dp/B0009LS9Y4)

It is so well done, it's been two years since my daughter watched it (she's 8) but we still refer to people as "don't knows" and "kinda know" like the video explains. We have a short list of our "know very well."
We have a family password and thanks to an earlier thread we have a phrase that if she ever says it I'll come running. Although she said so sweetly "mom, I'll just tell you straight out if I need you to come get me."
Short of my older brother (and if my dad were still alive he would be on the list) I don't think there's any man that I would let her stay with -without a wife present in the home.

It's mind boggling though that this case is not about stranger danger -

My kids said the same thing, but they are still young.. the secret phrase is to hep them save face around friends when they get older, and need me to get them..they know i'll call and tell the other kids and parents that there is a family emergency.. the phrase isn't just for a case of someone touching them wrong.. but also in the case of drugs or alcohol at a party, anything that might come up....

matou
12-30-2011, 11:40 AM
According to the Prosecutor’s Office, under Indiana law, Plumadore could face 45 to 60 years for the murder charge and another six months to three years for each of the other two offenses.

45-60 years only? No automatic life sentence for murder?

http://www.wishtv.com/dpps/news/crime/Copy_of_3-charges-filed-against-plumadore_4025448

SuziQ
12-30-2011, 11:42 AM

Ugh, how can they even mention that nasty A** chair as if it's a good thing. I wouldn't touch that thing with a ten foot pole let alone let a child sleep in it. I admit I am phobic about dirt and germs, but good lord! These people treat it like a shrine. MP has his picture taken with it. It's nothing but a nasty dirty chair that belonged to a pedo.

Sorry for the rant. :)

KathrynL
12-30-2011, 11:44 AM
According to the Prosecutor’s Office, under Indiana law, Plumadore could face 45 to 60 years for the murder charge and another six months to three years for each of the other two offenses.

45-60 years only? No automatic life sentence for murder?

http://www.wishtv.com/dpps/news/crime/Copy_of_3-charges-filed-against-plumadore_4025448

All are felonies, and Chief Allen County Deputy Prosecutor Mike McAlexander said today the office “has not precluded” the possibility of seeking the death penalty against Plumadore.

Reznor
12-30-2011, 11:44 AM

EDIT TO ADD LINK TO PHOTOALBUM: http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Aliahna%20Lemmon%20%20-IN-/?action=view&current=122411search1.jpg#!oZZ173QQcurrentZZhttp%3 A%2F%2Fs296.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fmm166%2Fcra nkycrankerson%2FAliahna%2520Lemmon%2520%2520-IN-%2F%3Faction%3Dview%26current%3D122611s22.jpg

Start at photo #173

The agent with the blue hat has something that looks like a computer and they are huddled together in picture 176 looking at this object.

Donjeta
12-30-2011, 11:45 AM

It was discussed in the first thread for Aliahna. I'm not sure if there's been MSM confirmation and a lot of stories that have been on MSM have been lies anyway. But supposedly MP said the other girls had seen Aliahna walk out the door and said that she was going to a birthday party. There were some comments in Facebook and in a news article from someone who identified themselves as Ali's next door neighbor that seemed to confirm there was a party. See this post:
Found Deceased IN - Aliahna Maroney Lemmon, 9, Fort Wayne, 23 Dec 2011 - Page 2 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

But I suppose it could be just rumors or a troll or the whole birthday angle could be an intentional crock put forth by the responsible parties.

Would Ali's next door neighbor be a RSO?

jjenny
12-30-2011, 11:47 AM
If MP sexually assaulted Aliahna, would he also be charged with this additionally (a separate charge) or is it included in the murder charge?

I am pretty sure it would be a separate charge. But they would have to have evidence of it to charge him. And we know the body was chopped up so I am not sure how much evidence of what went on before the murder is available.

Ladylub
12-30-2011, 11:49 AM
Ugh, how can they even mention that nasty A** chair as if it's a good thing. I wouldn't touch that thing with a ten foot pole let alone let a child sleep in it. I admit I am phobic about dirt and germs, but good lord! These people treat it like a shrine. MP has his picture taken with it. It's nothing but a nasty dirty chair that belonged to a pedo.

Sorry for the rant. :)

I agree. They say he died in the chair and while a child might not know what may happen to a body when it dies adults should know. The stains on that chair ewww. I cant even wrap my brain around it. And these people are not well off enough to have had it cleaned. I gagged when I read she wanted to sleep on the chair her grandfather died in.

Patty G
12-30-2011, 11:54 AM

IMO, if he sexually assaulted Ali, he would receive a separate charge. Maybe this will be determined once the toxicology report comes back.

Donjeta
12-30-2011, 11:54 AM
I agree. They say he died in the chair and while a child might not know what may happen to a body when it dies adults should know. The stains on that chair ewww. I cant even wrap my brain around it. And these people are not well off enough to have had it cleaned. I gagged when I read she wanted to sleep on the chair her grandfather died in.

JMO but she might easily not have wanted to sleep in that chair. I think there is a good chance that MP said she wanted to sleep in it merely because he could prop a body pillow and a blanket in that chair so it looked a bit like a sleeping child if you weren't looking too closely. Allegedly she was really in the freezer by the time she was supposedly sleeping in the chair.

If she really wanted to sleep in the chair it was probably not due to any emotional attachment to that chair but because she was afraid MP would come next to her if she slept on the floor.

Etilema
12-30-2011, 12:03 PM
JMO but she might easily not have wanted to sleep in that chair. I think there is a good chance that MP said she wanted to sleep in it merely because he could prop a body pillow and a blanket in that chair so it looked a bit like a sleeping child if you weren't looking too closely. Allegedly she was really in the freezer by the time she was supposedly sleeping in the chair.

If she really wanted to sleep in the chair it was probably not due to any emotional attachment to that chair but because she was afraid MP would come next to her if she slept on the floor.

Good point that she never did sleep in that chair that night, according to the timeline, so the whole thing is a fabrication.

And if it were EVER true that she liked to sleep in that chair it is VERY likely to have been an attempt to discourage MP.

bam
12-30-2011, 12:03 PM
I don't even believe she wanted to sleep in the chair the grandfather died in. I just think its strange how people involved keep mentioning Grandpa in the same breath of Aliahna.

claudicici
12-30-2011, 12:13 PM

Who is Melissa S.,I thought Angela M. was Ali's godmother.I found a Melissa S. but she is not making those comments?

Jacie Estes
12-30-2011, 12:13 PM
BBM
Been wondering if mom could have MS - don't they have flare-ups and sometimes take strong infusions of steroids to get back to their prior level of functioning? I knew a lady once who could walk sometimes really well, and others not at all.

Thinking back to the pic of mom with g-mom on the couch and mom has coat on just her arms - wonder if that was covering up an IV or something?

I'm a firm believer in people's privacy concerning their health, but in cases like this, it's hard not to be suspicious. It could be nothing - I think I'd need if not a wheelchair at least a very strong pair of arms to help support me at a devastating time like this. I think for suspicion to be diverted from mom though, it'd be in her best interest to explain - IMHOO

I hope they move out of that horrible place, but IMO, it's much too soon for so much activity around the house. I do hope LE "has someone" on the house and the storage unit for comings and goings. Could fill in some missing pieces about this whole strange situation.

Did we ever hear if all the children are still there, or are there current pics or video of them at the house?

I thought the coat she was holding was Aliahna's; blue plaid with fur trimmed hood. As for MS, the two women I know who have it are in the gym everyday to fight it, one woman is in her 60s. TS doesn't look like a gym person. IMHO

seattlechiquita
12-30-2011, 12:17 PM
Was MP at court today? I read somewhere arraignment was this Friday.

jjenny
12-30-2011, 12:29 PM
Was MP at court today? I read somewhere arraignment was this Friday.

No. He will be in court next week.

seattlechiquita
12-30-2011, 12:31 PM
No. He will be in court next week.

Ooooh... thanks jenny. i think I need more coffee... :aktion1:

sherbetjello
12-30-2011, 12:35 PM
How is dismembering a child not an automatic life sentence?
Granted, he may not live long enough to serve his entire term, but really? Do we want these types of people to get a chance to walk among us?

Ladylub
12-30-2011, 12:36 PM

Very true. I thought it was the grandma that said that or maybe grandma was just saying what MP told her.

seattlechiquita
12-30-2011, 12:37 PM
Granted, he may not live long enough to serve his entire term, but really? Do we want these types of people to get a chance to walk among us?

WORD. I have been thinking about this and what scares me even more is this POI taking a plea deal to avoid trial. OR plead insanity.

FrayedKnot
12-30-2011, 12:41 PM
PattyG:

IIRC, the initial reports were that the girls, all three, were to attend a party Friday EVENING. MP said that the two sisters told him that while he was out buying the cigar (at 6 am), Aliahna put on her coat and left, saying she was going to the party.

We now know she was already dead, but it seems like a really stupid lie on MP's part. Like the little sisters wouldn't have wigged out that Aliahna was leaving for the party more than 12 hours early? Why that lie?:waitasec:

In any case, I think the mom was to have (or maybe did) show up to pick all three girls up for the party Friday evening.

Of course a kids' party that late seems hinky, IMHO.

I'm off to re-read the media archives to see if mom ever corroborated the 'party' story........ :waitasec:

'Ailina
12-30-2011, 12:51 PM
If I had a nickel for every instance of child abuse or molestation that I know has personally happened because of this particular lifestyle, I could retire yesterday.

You can retire tomorrow if you write a book on this topic. Seriously compelling. I'd buy it.

FrayedKnot
12-30-2011, 12:53 PM
I thought the coat she was holding was Aliahna's; blue plaid with fur trimmed hood. As for MS, the two women I know who have it are in the gym everyday to fight it, one woman is in her 60s. TS doesn't look like a gym person. IMHO

I thought, too, that the coat she had on her arms was EXACTLY like the one described as the one Aliahna was wearing when she 'walked out of the trailer'. My first thought was that police had recovered her little coat abandoned outside somewhere and had given it to the mother, and that she was holding it for comfort. Of course we now know how much comfort Aliahna's belongings give her. :furious:

Add more questions to the list:

Were Aliahna's clothes/coat/pajamas ever recovered?

Do we have a confirmed MSM report as to what MP(lied and) said she was wearing when she 'left'?

Was MP foolish enough to leave in a heap by Gpa's chair the very clothes he said she had on when she went missing? Did LE find them and KNOW something was amiss right away?

Was the clothing description on the missing poster from mom? Or did LE compile it based on MP's statement?

If it was from mom, how would she KNOW what Aliahna was wearing as she hadn't seen her since Tuesday?

Nom de plume
12-30-2011, 12:53 PM
PattyG:

IIRC, the initial reports were that the girls, all three, were to attend a party Friday EVENING. MP said that the two sisters told him that while he was out buying the cigar (at 6 am), Aliahna put on her coat and left, saying she was going to the party.

We now know she was already dead, but it seems like a really stupid lie on MP's part. Like the little sisters wouldn't have wigged out that Aliahna was leaving for the party more than 12 hours early? Why that lie?:waitasec:

In any case, I think the mom was to have (or maybe did) show up to pick all three girls up for the party Friday evening.

Of course a kids' party that late seems hinky, IMHO.

I'm off to re-read the media archives to see if mom ever corroborated the 'party' story........ :waitasec:

I seriously doubt she could have bothered herself with picking the girls up for the party. After all, she did have the "flu" and is "partially paralyzed".

madge
12-30-2011, 01:11 PM
I too think the whole birthday party thing was a lie from the get go. No such thing

not_my_kids
12-30-2011, 01:12 PM
I'm wondering about the party too. We've heard from every other friend,neighbor, and casual acquaintance, why haven't we heard from the people hosting the party she was supposedly set to attend?

Helplessly Hoping
12-30-2011, 01:20 PM
From a tweet w/MSM confirmation~ MP's Mobile home being MOVED

http://www.wane.com/dpp/news/crime/mobile-home-moved-from-park

....now at Northway Mobile Home Park at 9435 Leo Road, to an undisclosed location on behalf of a request from the Allen County Prosecutor’s Office.

bam
12-30-2011, 01:22 PM
Wow!!!!!!!!! Not just the step but the whole trailer! It will tell a horrible story! Now I hope they get things from the Souders that was put in storage or dumpster.

....now at Northway Mobile Home Park at 9435 Leo Road, to an undisclosed location on behalf of a request from the Allen County Prosecutor’s Office.

Elley Mae
12-30-2011, 01:23 PM

Sadly enough it is not, some folks are in office to create laws against it but then lawyers just wiggle around the law because people that dismember people deserve a second chance to not do it again and then they do and ...

just spouting

jmo

Helplessly Hoping
12-30-2011, 01:26 PM
Wow!!!!!!!!! Not just the step but the whole trailer! It will tell a horrible story! Now I hope they get things from the Souders that was put in storage or dumpster.

Guessing they are needing it for forensics but I'm almost afraid of what they will find given Gpop's history and the unknows of MP. I pray that there is not evidence of other crimes but am very doubtful that will be the case. I think when his charges are read in there entirety its gonna be horrific... :banghead:

bam
12-30-2011, 01:32 PM
I pray if there is other crimes that it is ALL exposed no matter who is involved. All darkness needs to be exposed!!!!!!! Turn on those LIGHTS!

FrayedKnot
12-30-2011, 01:33 PM
I'm wondering what they might find around/under the pad once the trailer is moved.

On another note, it appears the prosecutor in MP's case is the same one who was the prosecutor in RSO Shorty's child molestation case.

Not sure if she is the DA, so any criminal case would be listed as hers, or if it is just a coincidence. I just thought it noteworthy.

not_my_kids
12-30-2011, 01:33 PM
I wasn't expected the whole trailer to be taken. Really, I wasn't. That is a huge cost, and I applaud the LE in this case, including all the others within the justice system that are doing everything they can to unravel the last few days of Ali's life, and make sure that any other victims are given the justice they deserve as well.

Jacie Estes
12-30-2011, 01:36 PM

Start at photo #173

What MP has been charged with now is murder and 'lesser charges'; the 'lesser charges' being a safety net for the prosecution if the first charge fails in court. Other charges can be tacked on and child porn would be a different jurisdiction, FBI. MP isn't going anywhere.

ETA- 'Lesser Included Offenses'

FrayedKnot
12-30-2011, 01:36 PM
Richards is a nationally recognized speaker on the issues of child abuse and has served on the boards of SCAN (Stop Child Abuse and Neglect); Crossroad Children's Home; the Mayor's Commission on Domestic Violence, Rape, and Sexual Harassment; Child Mortality Review Team; Allen County Child Protection Team; Indiana Supreme Court Character and Fitness Committee; and as a court approved mediator in family law cases by the Supreme Court of Indiana Commission of Continuing Legal Education.

http://www.allencountyprosecutor.com/ker.htm

This is the Allen County Prosecuting Atty, Karen Richards. She sounds like good people.

not_my_kids
12-30-2011, 01:41 PM
http://www.allencountyprosecutor.com/ker.htm

This is the Allen County Prosecuting Atty, Karen Richards. She sounds like good people.

When you Google "Karen Richards" + "plea deal", you get a lot of hits. She seems to cut a lot of deals, and that includes at least two cases that could have been DP cases, but the charges were pled down to lesser counts, one that netted the perp 40 years, and one that netted LWOP.

Nervous...I don't want him to plead out.

Helplessly Hoping
12-30-2011, 01:41 PM

I am hoping the FBI is in charge but I don't know. I'd bet whoever is heading this investigation is watching every single move and is all over AS and TS. I can't help but think multiple crimes were committed in that mobile home.

The laws have to change. How the grandfather ever came to breathe free air after molesting for years is infuriating.

FrayedKnot
12-30-2011, 01:46 PM
When you Google "Karen Richards" + "plea deal", you get a lot of hits. She seems to cut a lot of deals, and that includes at least two cases that could have been DP cases, but the charges were pled down to lesser counts, one that netted the perp 40 years, and one that netted LWOP.

Nervous...I don't want him to plead out.

You know, I don't either, but I guess I'd have to say that MORE than I don't want him to cop a plea, I want LE to get the info they need to blow this whole thing wide open.

If that could save God knows how many other children, then I would have to say I'd be resigned to it. Until the laws become more victim-friendly and less perp-friendly there aren't many other options.

Water boarding, maybe? I kid, I kid. :innocent:

Helplessly Hoping
12-30-2011, 01:48 PM
You know, I don't either, but I guess I'd have to say that MORE than I don't want him to cop a plea, I want LE to get the info they need to blow this whole thing wide open.

If that could save God knows how many other children, then I would have to say I'd be resigned to it. Until the laws become more victim-friendly and less perp-friendly there aren't many other options.

Water boarding, maybe? I kid, I kid. :innocent:

If MP spills the beans about other criminals in efforts to not face the DP~I have no problems with him getting a deal as long as it is LWOP. If he leads LE to solve other cases, I can live with LWOP....jmo

Boss 302
12-30-2011, 01:49 PM
I don't know if this has been posted before or not.

http://www.shelbystar.com/articles/criminal-60944-county-record.html

FrayedKnot
12-30-2011, 01:57 PM
I am hoping the FBI is in charge but I don't know. I'd bet whoever is heading this investigation is watching every single move and is all over AS and TS. I can't help but think multiple crimes were committed in that mobile home.

The laws have to change. How the grandfather ever came to breathe free air after molesting for years is infuriating.

Not to minimize animal cruelty, but Michael Vick served 23 months.

How long did good ol' Shorty get? 10 years, minus 4 of those as probation. He was sentenced in March of 2006, restitution served in full, and probation completed in July of 2011. So about 18 months in prison?

Really?

Helplessly Hoping
12-30-2011, 02:01 PM
Not to minimize animal cruelty, but Michael Vick served 23 months.

How long did good ol' Shorty get? 10 years, minus 4 of those as probation. He was sentenced in March of 2006, restitution served in full, and probation completed in July of 2011. So about 18 months in prison?

Really?

He never should have seen the light of day IMO. He was molesting for YEARS. We are all disgusted by the actions/inactions of people in Aliahna's life but if her grandfather was never released and died in prison, chances are Aliahna had a chance although I'm not completely sure about that either.

kseal07
12-30-2011, 02:02 PM

WOW, has anyone ever heard of something like this happening...I mean they take cars as crime scenes but trailers. Wow

tlcya
12-30-2011, 02:05 PM
Thanks boss, I hadnt read that one. Glad the reporter is trying to find folks who knew him when. I want to know about his past too.

smart blonde
12-30-2011, 02:06 PM
I haven't had a chance to check if this has already been posted, but it certainly can't hurt to post again. As so many of us have suspected...

Police: Homicide Suspect Could Be Linked To Other Killings

Link: http://www.theindychannel.com/news/30100727/detail.html

Dr. Know?
12-30-2011, 02:13 PM
What's Next For Michael Plumadore

http://www.indianasnewscenter.com/news/local/Whats-Next-For-Michael-Plumadore-136435843.html

(I just don't get that dismembering a body only gets 3 years!)

snipped

The two D felonies relating to the movement and dismemberment of Aliahna's body carry a maximum sentence of three years

Adrienne37
12-30-2011, 02:18 PM
Awesome job LE has done in moving the mobile home. I don't think I've ever seen this happen in another case before.

lauriej
12-30-2011, 02:28 PM
What's Next For Michael Plumadore

http://www.indianasnewscenter.com/news/local/Whats-Next-For-Michael-Plumadore-136435843.html

(I just don't get that dismembering a body only gets 3 years!)

snipped

The two D felonies relating to the movement and dismemberment of Aliahna's body carry a maximum sentence of three years

--North Carolina finally got a new law passed, after the murder and dismemberment of little Zahra Baker.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/more-news/zahras-law-comes-into-effect-in-us-state-of-north-carolina/story-fn7x8me2-1226211894722

December 2/2011

A TOUGH new law inspired by the murder and dismemberment of 10-year-old disabled Australian schoolgirl Zahra Baker has come into effect in North Carolina.

Zahra's Law makes dismembering human remains in North Carolina a Class 1 felony, allowing prosecutors to seek stiff penalties against offenders.

The law also makes it a felony to secretly dispose of a body or conceal a death.

Dr. Know?
12-30-2011, 02:28 PM
Here's a case from 2008 where they moved a trailer from a yard where a womans body was found in a freezer.

http://www2.wkrg.com/news/2008/jul/30/mobile_police_remove_trailer_from_hopkins_yard-ar-2135790/

Moving grandpa's trailer is a pretty good idea. No one can tamper with it or burn it down like Shawn Morgan's home that was just burned, along with his brother's home a couple of weeks ago. He's charged with Breeann Rodriquez's murder. He killed her in his home.

Dr. Know?
12-30-2011, 02:31 PM
--North Carolina finally got a new law passed, after the murder and dismemberment of little Zahra Baker.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/more-news/zahras-law-comes-into-effect-in-us-state-of-north-carolina/story-fn7x8me2-1226211894722

December 2/2011

A TOUGH new law inspired by the murder and dismemberment of 10-year-old disabled Australian schoolgirl Zahra Baker has come into effect in North Carolina.

Zahra's Law makes dismembering human remains in North Carolina a Class 1 felony, allowing prosecutors to seek stiff penalties against offenders.

The law also makes it a felony to secretly dispose of a body or conceal a death.

I remember in Zahra's case that it wasn't much of a penalty either. I'm shocked because it's a horrible crime and deserves way more than 3 years max. It seems we are hearing more and more about dismembering of bodies. Give them harsher penalties.

Donjeta
12-30-2011, 02:33 PM

Politicians Weigh In on Possible Aliahna's Law

By Megan Trent
Related:

A Week Of Tragic Events

December 29, 2011 Updated Dec 29, 2011 at 8:06 PM EST

FORT WAYNE, Ind. (Indiana's NewsCenter) - Could an Aliahna's Law be the silver lining in an otherwise devastating tragedy?

No one seems to have a clear idea what Aliahna's law should consist of so the article is no big deal but there is an interesting comment from someone who says they looked at a couple of places in the trailer park and were never informed that it's a pedophile haven. She also says that they've removed all laundry hookups so that everyone must go to a single laundry facility to wash their clothes (and to have some cosy RSO chat).

I thought MP washed his laundry at Tulley and Shumaker's?

Northway resident Mike Tulley agreed Plumadore and the girl's grandfather had built up a sturdy rapport. Tulley said he witnessed that healthy relationship when James Lemmon and Plumadore would sometimes do laundry in Tulley's trailer together.
http://www.journalgazette.net/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20111227/LOCAL07/111229617

They said the only unusual change in Plumadore's behavior was an increase in laundry. Shumaker said they washed his laundry for him, but on Friday he showed up with an extra load. Otherwise, he seemed fine.
http://www.news-sentinel.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20111228/NEWS/111229713

Yikes, is their common laundry facility located at a trailer with two RSO residents?

lauriej
12-30-2011, 02:35 PM

--yet another place LE can check out while figuring out this monster's background.

--snipped from above article--

The man accused of clubbing a 9-year-old Indiana girl to death is a former Cleveland County resident and has a criminal history here.
Michael Len Plumadore, 39, lived in Grover and Kings Mountain during the early and mid-1990s, according to court documents.

On March 10, 1992, Plumadore was found guilty of causing injury to personal property and being intoxicated and disruptive. He was ordered to pay $150 for damages to a Kings Mountain Police car, Cleveland County court records state.

At the time of the charges, Plumadore had a listed address on the 900 block of Second Street in Kings Mountain. He lived on the 100 block of Ben Davis Road, Grover, when he faced three simple assault charges in 1996.

Dum-Dum Sucker
12-30-2011, 02:36 PM

:thud:

lauriej
12-30-2011, 02:39 PM
http://www.indianasnewscenter.com/news/ ... 43238.html (http://www.indianasnewscenter.com/news/local/Why-14-Sex-Offenders-Live-Where-Aliahna-Died-136343238.html)
Why 14 Sex Offenders Live Where Aliahna Died
--snipped---

Many people were shocked to hear that 14 registered sex offenders live in the mobile home park where 9-year-old Aliahna was brutally murdered.

The high concentration is due to an Indiana law commonly called the 1,000 foot rule. The legislation requires sex offenders on the state's registry to live at least 1,000 feet away from schools, youth centers, and public parks.

Detective Cpl. Mike Smothermon with the Allen County Sheriff's Department says that naturally leads to a clustering of sex offenders in other residential areas.

Therefore, when an affordable residential area is found that meets all the requirements, sex offenders tend to cluster there. Sometimes they even live with one another as roommates to lower the cost.

Of the 14 registered sex offenders in the area, most of them are charged with incidents involving children, such as child molestation, sexual misconduct with a minor, or child pornography.

Jayarre
12-30-2011, 02:46 PM
http://www.fortwayne.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20111230/NEWS/320097606/-1/TOPNEWS

Sisters of slain 9-year-old are in protective custody

not_my_kids
12-30-2011, 02:53 PM
http://www.fortwayne.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20111230/NEWS/320097606/-1/TOPNEWS

Good. And that's all I'll say about that...

Helenstreet
12-30-2011, 02:54 PM

That is wonderful news! I wonder if Aliahna's half-sister will eventually be placed in the custody of her father?

not_my_kids
12-30-2011, 03:03 PM
Okay, I lied. I will say one more thing...if they placed both sisters into protective custody, that means that for whatever reason, they must not consider the stepfather/father able to provide them with suitable protection or care, either.

Hm...

peeples
12-30-2011, 03:06 PM
That is wonderful news! I wonder if Aliahna's half-sister will eventually be placed in the custody of her father?

It's a nice thought, but if he cannot afford to attend his daughters funeral without donations, he cannot afford to raise a child. She needs to be placed with a family member who has the time and money to get her the large amount of aftercare she's going to need, only god knows what has been done to her in her short little life :( :(

MOO

Wild@Heart
12-30-2011, 03:06 PM

MOO

Mel

The children that come from these family situations are very resourcful. I'm sure she packed her own clothing, as well as her sisters'!!

Dee10
12-30-2011, 03:08 PM

Thanks from your link:

On March 10, 1992, Plumadore was found guilty of causing injury to personal property and being intoxicated and disruptive. He was ordered to pay $150 for damages to a Kings Mountain Police car, Cleveland County court records state.

At the time of the charges, Plumadore had a listed address on the 900 block of Second Street in Kings Mountain. He lived on the 100 block of Ben Davis Road, Grover, when he faced three simple assault charges in 1996.

Court records show those charges were dismissed by the district attorney at the time.

ETA >> Sorry, I just saw LaurieJ already posted this.

Helenstreet
12-30-2011, 03:16 PM
It's a nice thought, but if he cannot afford to attend his daughters funeral without donations, he cannot afford to raise a child. She needs to be placed with a family member who has the time and money to get her the large amount of aftercare she's going to need, only god knows what has been done to her in her short little life :( :(

MOO

Aliahna's biological father is the one who traveled from Iowa with monetary assistance to attend his daughter's funeral; he is not the biological father of Aliahna's half-sister. The man I am referring to lives in Fort Wayne, and apparently considers Aliahna as his daughter.

lauriej
12-30-2011, 03:18 PM

MOO

--the father seeking donations is aliahna's biological father.

--i think she was referring to lyleM, the biological father of aliahna's 6 year old step-sister.

Columbo
Does anyone know if LE has interviewed Aliahna's sisters? Sorry if this has already been discussed.

Wild@Heart
I have a feeling that dress is the only dressy outfit she had.

snipped for space

I got a kick out of Nancy Grace acting shocked that the child was asleep in her clothing and coat. She also found it hard to believe the children were sleeping on the floor. This is the norm...They probably wore their cloths until they could walk away on their own! They normally have no schedule, therefore they just drop where ever they are when they become tired. These kids could probably sleep thru a tornado. They are use to fighting, parties, and people in and out of their home at all hours of the day and night!

I had an acquaintance that lived in a roach infested apt. There were roaches in her babies diaper. They would crawl into his ears at night while sleeping in his crib. I helped her do a deep cleaning, at my suggestion...there were roaches in her blender and behind her medicine cabinet. It was normal to her!:banghead:

not_my_kids
12-30-2011, 03:19 PM
The man who allegedly killed and dismembered a 9-year-old Fort Wayne girl was accused of stalking and sexually harassing a 13-year-old girl while living in Iowa last year, but the complaint against him was dismissed, according to court documents.

A Centerville, Iowa, woman asked for a protective order against Michael L. Plumadore in November 2010 to keep him away from her daughter, according to the documents and an official with the Appanoose County clerk of court's office.
http://www.news-sentinel.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20111230/BREAKING/111239951

jjenny
12-30-2011, 03:20 PM

Good. What about the boys? Have we figured out how many children total did these people have between the two of them?

jjenny
12-30-2011, 03:21 PM
The man who allegedly killed and dismembered a 9-year-old Fort Wayne girl was accused of stalking and sexually harassing a 13-year-old girl while living in Iowa last year, but the complaint against him was dismissed, according to court documents.

A Centerville, Iowa, woman asked for a protective order against Michael L. Plumadore in November 2010 to keep him away from her daughter, according to the documents and an official with the Appanoose County clerk of court's office.
http://www.news-sentinel.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20111230/BREAKING/111239951

I guess we could all see that one coming.

not_my_kids
12-30-2011, 03:22 PM

I'm certainly not shocked.

Wild@Heart
12-30-2011, 03:23 PM
Only his official hearing was pushed to next week. They said yesterday that he would still be formally charged today and have those charges read to him at the jail. He just won't be brought into court to stand for those charges until next week.

Personally, I think they pushed the hearing back due to the need for increased security. They need time to secure him, his route, and all areas of the court. MOO.

They don't want anyone to take him out...:twocents:

Donjeta
12-30-2011, 03:25 PM
--the father seeking donations is aliahna's biological father.

--i think she was referring to lyleM, the biological father of aliahna's 6 year old step-sister.

A girl with the same mother and a different father wouldn't be a stepsister.
The stepfather's daughter was Aliahna's stepsister.

Nom de plume
12-30-2011, 03:25 PM

MOO

I'm sorry, but I can't agree with you on that. Every family member we've heard from sings MP's praises, at least before he confessed. Not a single member of that multi generational dysfunctional family is fit to care for either girl. I'm not sure about the bio fathers (still can't figure out which girl belongs to which bio dad), but "mommy" & "grammy" are either totally blind, just don't give a crap, or they were in on all the abuse the whole time!

Hopefully they will be permanently placed with a loving family that doesn't intentionally subject them to abuse.

Helenstreet
12-30-2011, 03:26 PM

Thank you for the link. Well, I suppose this puts to rest any doubt that MP was a sexual predator of young girls? When I first saw the photos on his Facebook of the girl aged 10-13 years, I had a very bad feeling. This was before the news came out that Aliahna had been found and the sicko arrested. I thought perhaps Aliahna was being groomed as a replacement for the other girl. This whole thing is so very sick and disgusting....

TexasCharm
12-30-2011, 03:27 PM

I like how the article said he was living with the girls bio dad, but they didn't know how he knew her dad?

Oh, if he talked so freely about the murder/dismemberment, I wonder what else he's talkin' about ... Of course his PD has probably told him to shut up, huh?

Donjeta
12-30-2011, 03:27 PM
Does anyone know if LE has interviewed Aliahna's sisters? Sorry if this has already been discussed.

Yes. http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1112/27/ng.01.html

GRACE: A full week, all three little girls. Sheriff, had the other little girls been taken to a doctor for an exam?

FRIES: Not at this time. I know that a forensic interview was done yesterday and certainly the investigation continues and will continue throughout the week. And even after the formal charges are read on Friday, this investigation is going to go on.

jjenny
12-30-2011, 03:30 PM
Yes. http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1112/27/ng.01.html

I wonder if they need some sort of statement from the children in order to examine them? If the children said it was all fine and nothing took place can they still examine them?

Donjeta
12-30-2011, 03:30 PM

Whaa...?? Shouldn't he have been charged for stalking and sexually harassing a 13 year old girl and sending her photos of his genitals?

Aliahna might be in one piece if he'd been sent to jail.

jjenny
12-30-2011, 03:33 PM
I don't understand it either. Why was it dismissed? It says because the woman's relationship with Plumadore didn't meet the requirements? What requirements and why did it matter, considering the daughter was 13. What in the world does mother's relationship with Plumadore had to do with the alleged crimes against 13 years old?

Dr.Fessel
12-30-2011, 03:34 PM

Plumadore lived with the girl’s father, according to the documents. It wasn’t immediately clear how Plumadore knew the girl’s father.

mrsu
We can see in the images here that the memorial for Aliahna is still up, so it appears TS did not take it down. It appears to be covered by plastic.

2door73chevy
Has anyone found out who/what busted the perp's head open? Just curious.

Karmaa
12-30-2011, 03:35 PM

OK, maybe I am dense, but I can't quite get my head around all of this... didn't Aliahna live in Iowa last year? Where she was sexually molested by two men? And, didn't one of the neighbors in Indiana say that Aliahna's mother met MP in Indiana at the trailer park, (implied) THIS year (or whenever she move to the TP)?

So, what are the chances that this child killer (who is likely a child stalker, at least) lived in the same place, at the same time as his future victim, but didn't know her?

Am I missing something? Does anyone have any kind of timeline for these people? (Not to mention a family relationship map!)

This is way too confusing, and is making me imagine all kinds of scenarios of pedophile rings and steady supplies of victims. Sorry if this has all been discussed - I have been trying hard to catch/keep up.

Helplessly Hoping
12-30-2011, 03:40 PM
Thanks from your link:

Court records show those charges were dismissed by the district attorney at the time.

ETA >> Sorry, I just saw LaurieJ already posted this.

So charges dismissed in NC and IA for Plumadore. And this is all we know so far. :furious:

Karmaa
12-30-2011, 03:41 PM
I don't understand it either. Why was it dismissed? It says because the woman's relationship with Plumadore didn't meet the requirements? What requirements and why did it matter, considering the daughter was 13. What in the world does mother's relationship with Plumadore had to do with the alleged crimes against 13 years old?

A protective order requires that the two people be related by blood or marriage, or that they share a child together. It can sometimes be ordered if people live together, but not always.

ETA: Some states do allow orders against stalkers as well, but I am not sure id Ia. does or not, or what their requirements are.

mrsu
12-30-2011, 03:43 PM

No one seems to have a clear idea what Aliahna's law should consist of so the article is no big deal but there is an interesting comment from someone who says they looked at a couple of places in the trailer park and were never informed that it's a pedophile haven. She also says that they've removed all laundry hookups so that everyone must go to a single laundry facility to wash their clothes (and to have some cosy RSO chat).

I thought MP washed his laundry at Tulley and Shumaker's?

http://www.journalgazette.net/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20111227/LOCAL07/111229617

http://www.news-sentinel.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20111228/NEWS/111229713

Yikes, is their common laundry facility located at a trailer with two RSO residents?

Yes, I read in a comment on an article posted by a lady who thought about renting in this trailer park. She stated that one of the reasons she decided not to rent there is that management had taken all the washers and dryers out of the trailers and there was a common laundry area where they charged for laundry. As if moving into a neighborhood known as pedophile park wasn't bad enough, she had small children and said the common laundry place would force her kids/family to have possible contact with the RSO's while she was doing laundry. She (thankfully!) decided not to rent there!

Dr. Know?
12-30-2011, 03:45 PM
Here's Plumadores court docket from Iowa. Joedotnet posted it a couple of days ago.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased IN - Aliahna Maroney Lemmon, 9, Fort Wayne, 23 Dec 2011, #3 (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7469434&postcount=266)

Title: SMITH, C L ETAL VS PLUMADORE, M L
Case: 08041 DAEQ003656 (APPANOOSE)
Citation Number:
Event Filed By Filed Create Date Last Updated Action Date
DA - Petition Dismissed - Not Enough Evidence at Trial WILSON DANIEL P 11/23/2010 11/23/2010 11/23/2010
DISMISSED PER COURT WILSON DANIEL P 11/23/2010 11/23/2010 11/23/2010
ENTERED IN ERROR
RETURN OF SERVICE - OTHER APPANOOSE COUNTY SHERIFF DEPAR TMENT 11/17/2010 11/17/2010 11/17/2010
Comments: SERVED PLUMADORE ON 11/12/2010
OTHER ORDER SCIESZINSKI ANNETTE J 11/12/2010 11/16/2010 11/16/2010
Comments: ORIGINAL ORDER SETTING HEARING
ORDER SETTING HEARING SCIESZINSKI ANNETTE J 11/10/2010 11/10/2010 11/10/2010
Comments: ON PETITION 11/23/10 @ 10:30 AM
Petition for Relief from Domestic Abuse 11/10/2010 11/10/2010 11/10/2010
Comments: JUVENILE

https://www.iowacourts.state.ia.us/

Jacie Estes
12-30-2011, 03:48 PM
WOW, has anyone ever heard of something like this happening...I mean they take cars as crime scenes but trailers. Wow

It has happened in meth cases; evidence plus trailers are uninhabitable.

mrsu
12-30-2011, 03:49 PM

O.M.G. Lived with her father. SICK.SICK.SICK. I just knew something wasn't right with all those questionable FB friends of his. So sick.

mrsu
12-30-2011, 03:52 PM
A girl with the same mother and a different father wouldn't be a stepsister.
The stepfather's daughter was Aliahna's stepsister.

There was a 6yo that was from TS and LyleM =Aliahna's half sister
There was a 6yo from AS and a previous marriage = Aliahna's step sister

Both have been removed.

The question was whether the one would be sent to live with Lyle as that is her bio dad.

jjenny
12-30-2011, 03:55 PM
A protective order requires that the two people be related by blood or marriage, or that they share a child together. It can sometimes be ordered if people live together, but not always.

ETA: Some states do allow orders against stalkers as well, but I am not sure id Ia. does or not, or what their requirements are.

Then what are unrelated people supposed to do?

Helplessly Hoping
12-30-2011, 03:57 PM

I'm very confused with the number of kids involved here but I've seen posts stating that some children were home with Tarah and stepdad when Aliahna and her sisters with Plumadore.....

Is it possible they are still with them? I can't see how CPS would allow any children to remain with them but that is JMO.

Wild@Heart
12-30-2011, 03:57 PM
The sister I've read about, JL's other daughter, lives in Iowa and her children are young adults. Or do you mean a different sister--does Amber have another daughter?

I'm thinking maybe the "extra children" are AS children from his previous marriage!?!?!?:banghead: The relationships are so strange!!!!:crazy: I am working on a "Who are they list". Don't think I will beable to post it however! :maddening:

Jacie Estes
12-30-2011, 03:58 PM

MOO

There may not be such a family member. It is possible that he and his woman/wife are just living paycheck to paycheck and the cost of a plane ticket was prohibitive. When my brother in law was murdered, it was over $1k per ticket for us to get to where he was; you apply to get a partial refund after the fact but it is expensive to fly from specific point A to specific point B on a moment's/day's notice.

ETA: I just read up thread that it is LM's daughter not DM's daughter.

Donjeta
12-30-2011, 03:59 PM
There was a 6yo that was from TS and LyleM =Aliahna's half sister
There was a 6yo from AS and a previous marriage = Aliahna's step sister

Both have been removed.

The question was whether the one would be sent to live with Lyle as that is her bio dad.

I guess they might have to wait and investigate all the pertinent facts about the children's family situation before they decide who ends up where, and we might or might not find out about it. I was just saying that LM's daughter is not Aliahna's stepsister, which we seem to agree about.

LaceSprocket
12-30-2011, 03:59 PM
Wait a minute....

A woman from Centerville, Iowa filed a protective order against MP?

Ali's bio father lives in Centerville, Iowa.

What was MP doing in the same town, in another state, as Ali's bio father?

My wheels are turning now.

Karmaa
12-30-2011, 04:03 PM
O.M.G. Lived with her father. SICK.SICK.SICK. I just knew something wasn't right with all those questionable FB friends of his. So sick.

This is really making me nervous. I mean, who would sexually stalk the daughter of your roommate? The men I know would literally beat the living tar out of a guy who tried anything like that. But, as we are seeing, these pedo's don't have that same protective streak. So, I guess the next question would be to find out if the 13-yo victim's dad is also a RSO?

I am definitely getting the feeling that there is a loose-knit "community" of these people, spread out all over the place, and that thought is actually rather terrifying.

Jacie Estes
12-30-2011, 04:05 PM
I wonder if they need some sort of statement from the children in order to examine them? If the children said it was all fine and nothing took place can they still examine them?

Do they need parental permission?

Donjeta
12-30-2011, 04:05 PM
Where did Aliahna and her mother live when in Iowa?

Helplessly Hoping
12-30-2011, 04:06 PM
FORT WAYNE, Ind. (AP) -- A prosecutor in Indiana isn't saying whether anyone besides a man who is already in custody is suspected in the death of a 9-year-old girl -- but he says "nothing has been ruled out."

http://www.wgme.com/template/inews_wire/wires.national/2fb8ac9e-www.wgme.com.shtml

sorry if already posted things are going too fast for my brain ;)

mrsu
12-30-2011, 04:07 PM
Here's Plumadores court docket from Iowa. Joedotnet posted it a couple of days ago.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased IN - Aliahna Maroney Lemmon, 9, Fort Wayne, 23 Dec 2011, #3 (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7469434&postcount=266)

Title: SMITH, C L ETAL VS PLUMADORE, M L
Case: 08041 DAEQ003656 (APPANOOSE)
Citation Number:
Event Filed By Filed Create Date Last Updated Action Date
DA - Petition Dismissed - Not Enough Evidence at Trial WILSON DANIEL P 11/23/2010 11/23/2010 11/23/2010
DISMISSED PER COURT WILSON DANIEL P 11/23/2010 11/23/2010 11/23/2010
ENTERED IN ERROR
RETURN OF SERVICE - OTHER APPANOOSE COUNTY SHERIFF DEPAR TMENT 11/17/2010 11/17/2010 11/17/2010
Comments: SERVED PLUMADORE ON 11/12/2010
OTHER ORDER SCIESZINSKI ANNETTE J 11/12/2010 11/16/2010 11/16/2010
Comments: ORIGINAL ORDER SETTING HEARING
ORDER SETTING HEARING SCIESZINSKI ANNETTE J 11/10/2010 11/10/2010 11/10/2010
Comments: ON PETITION 11/23/10 @ 10:30 AM
Petition for Relief from Domestic Abuse 11/10/2010 11/10/2010 11/10/2010
Comments: JUVENILE

https://www.iowacourts.state.ia.us/

There is a M Smith that is friends with Dawayne Maroney on FB. She also has a picture of MP in her public photos titled "good friend Mike", there is also one of him and all the (I assume her) kids. *gag*

twall
12-30-2011, 04:08 PM

Start at photo #173

I believe the laptop belongs to the FBI agent. He uses it during the investigation for logging information and looking things up. I recall this question came up in the Caylee case. If it was confiscated it would be bagged and tagged. JMO

Nom de plume
12-30-2011, 04:09 PM
So who was it that Grandpa molested? Was it a family member?

I know they don't list the children's name in these cases but I can't help but be curious.

LaceSprocket
12-30-2011, 04:09 PM
OK, this is starting to get very squishy.

So a woman in Centerville, Iowa filed a protective order against MP for sexually harassing a 13 year old girl. MP lived with this girl's father.

Ali's bio dad also lives in Centerville, Iowa.

Somehow, MP ends up living in Fort Wayne - in a trailer right next to Ali's bio dad's exwife?

Fort Wayne, IN is over 8 hours away from Centerville, Iowa.

This too much of a coincidence. There is now way that MP "coincidentally" ended up living in a trailer right next to Ali's bio dad's exwife.

Could there be a connection between MP and Ali's bio dad that existed PRIOR to him befriending Ali's mother?

Cubby
12-30-2011, 04:10 PM
Plumadore is expected to appear in court again next week, probably Tuesday or Wednesday. Some sources indicated Aliahna's sisters had been placed in protective custody, but that could not be officially confirmed. McAlexander would not rule out the possibility that others could also be charged in connection with her death.

B&CBM. I hope not only sisters if there were minor male children in that home.

jmo

gitana1
12-30-2011, 04:10 PM

I think they recently had another boy, maybe. So, two little boys and the three girls.

Thank goodness.

I sure did. No way was this guy NOT a molester.

So here's how it goes. You can get a domestic violence protective order against family or someone in a romantic relationship with you (or your kid). Otherwise, you need to get a civil harassment order which is different paperwork. That's how it works in most states although the terminology may be different in different states.

So the child's mother needed to file different paperwork and likely did not.

My question is why didn't the police go after him. It's stalking of a minor. Surely that's a crime there?

matou
12-30-2011, 04:11 PM

OMG....

The woman said Plumadore was harassing her daughter by “stalking her, sending her explicit sexual text messages and photographs,” according to the documents. The girl's mother also said he sent pictures of his genitals and messages telling the girl he “wanted to get her pregnant.”

Oh boy....I'm sure he did something to those girls. I'm so angry right now and I AM angry with the mom and the grandma. JMO

bam
12-30-2011, 04:11 PM
This same person also claims to be GODMOTHER to Aliahna. There is a M Smith that is friends with Dawayne Maroney on FB. She also has a picture of MP in her public photos titled "good friend Mike", there is also one of him and all the (I assume her) kids. *gag*

kikid
12-30-2011, 04:12 PM

child protective services doesn't need parental permission for anything.

gitana1
B&CBM. I hope not only sisters if there were minor male children in that home.

jmo

Only the girls were given to fugitive criminal (and child stalker) for a week. The boys, if they exist, were not. So they may not have enough for neglect of the boys. We'll see.

not_my_kids

Now that the girls have been removed, and the state is their guardian, there will be no extra consent needed. If the state wants an exam, test or interview done, they have the power to allow that. TS is out of it now, and so is the stepfather. Not saying they won't get them back, but right now, they have no say.

suzyq211
12-30-2011, 04:13 PM

Thank God! i have been waiting to hear this since the beginning!

jjenny
12-30-2011, 04:17 PM
child protective services doesn't need parental permission for anything.

So one can hope they will examine these children now.

LaceSprocket
12-30-2011, 04:21 PM
Where did Aliahna and her mother live when in Iowa?

Ahh... so if Ali and her mother lived in Iowa, her mother might have made the connection with MP when she lived in Iowa. Gotcha.

It's confusing because I thought the MSM reported that she met MP at the trailer park in Fort Wayne. They went on and on how MP was her father's caregiver first - THEN became babysitter to the girls, etc.

I also recall reading that she had even inquired about MP and another guy, as she knew the park has RSOs. I assumed she met MP in Fort Wayne.

Either way, MP was doing bad things in Iowa and Indiana. Where else, pray tell?

mrsu
12-30-2011, 04:21 PM
Okay, some please delete this if it's not allowed. How these people are intertwined is so convoluted.

D <snip> Maroney is A's bio dad, he's in Centerville. He is friends with M Smith, who is also in Centerville and has photos of MP in her public FB albums. M Smith also claims to be A's godmother. M Smith says originally from Ft. Wayne, now lives in Centerville. M Smith also has photos of Lyle Moser's oldest daughter (and son "T") in her FB kids album, so I assume LM is the father to MS's daughter "K" (and son "T"). L<snip> Moser is from Ft. Wayne. L<snip> Moser is also the father to A's 6yo half sister with Tarah Souders, and was step dad to A for a few years (according to LM FB page).

M Smith is also friends with C Smith on FB. A C L Smith is who filed the protective custody against MP for harassing her 13yo daughter. Via google I was able to find that MS's friend CS, is indeed CLS.

Clear as mud, right?

<modsnip> Going to wash my hands now. *barf*

Karmaa
12-30-2011, 04:22 PM
Only the girls were given to fugitive criminal (and child stalker) for a week. The boys, if they exist, were not. So they may not have enough for neglect of the boys. We'll see.

When I learned about CPS regs., I was amazed to find out that they normally only take the child who was involved in whatever the situation was, and leave the others. And, sometimes they will get back some of the kids, but not all of them, as well. Of course, if the situation is something like a dangerous environment, they will remove all (ie: maybe why the trailer was "cleaned" yesterday). But if one child is physically abused, CPS may remove only that child and leave the rest.

I don't think most people know that. And, it is very frustrating to see that. In my area our courts may remove all of the children, and if the mother has another baby, she keeps it - even if she is unfit for her other 6 kids. Luckily our judges are very involved, but I can see that in a larger jurisdiction it could be very difficult!

Jayarre
12-30-2011, 04:23 PM
I wonder if paternity has been legally established for any of the "dads"

'Ailina
12-30-2011, 04:23 PM
OMG....

The woman said Plumadore was harassing her daughter by “stalking her, sending her explicit sexual text messages and photographs,” according to the documents. The girl's mother also said he sent pictures of his genitals and messages telling the girl he “wanted to get her pregnant.”

Oh boy....I'm sure he did something to those girls. I'm so angry right now and I AM angry with the mom and the grandma. JMO

LE really needs to check out any possible connection between MP and the cases in which the perp left writing on the barn door and notes and photos for the girls. (Can't recall the names connected with those cases off the top of my head.)

What struck me is, the notes left by the unknown perp began with "Hi, Honey...."

In MP's interview with the journalist before Ali's remains had been found, he was describing his conversation with Ali, and when he was relating what he said to her the night she supposedly had nightmares, he began the quote with..."Honey...."

Add to that MP sent threatening messages AND photos of himself??? This is exactly what the unknown perp in the other cases did.

Possibilities make my hair stand on end.

LaceSprocket
12-30-2011, 04:25 PM
Okay, some please delete this if it's not allowed. How these people are intertwined is so convoluted.

D<snip> Maroney is A's bio dad, he's in Centerville. He is friends with M Smith, who is also in Centerville and has photos of MP in her public FB albums. M Smith also claims to be A's godmother. M Smith says originally from Ft. Wayne, now lives in Centerville. M Smith also has photos of Lyle M<snip>'ss oldest daughter in her FB kids album, so I assume LM is the father to MS's daughter "K". Lyle Moser is from Ft. Wayne. Lyle Moser is also the father to A's 6yo half sister, and was step dad to A for a few years (according to LM FB page).

M Smith is also friends with C Smith on FB. A C L Smith is who filed the protective custody against MP for harassing her 13yo daughter. Via google I was able to find that MS's friend CS, is indeed CLS.

Clear as mud, right?

<snip> Going to wash my hands now. *barf*

Does anyone know if Lyle M is an RSO?

jjenny
12-30-2011, 04:27 PM
I wonder if paternity has been legally established for any of the "dads"

I dunno, but Ali does look a lot like a guy who is her bio-dad.

Donjeta
12-30-2011, 04:27 PM

So a woman in Centerville, Iowa filed a protective order against MP for sexually harassing a 13 year old girl. MP lived with this girl's father.

Somehow, MP ends up living in Fort Wayne - in a trailer right next to Ali's bio dad's exwife?

This too much of a coincidence. There is now way that MP "coincidentally" ended up living in a trailer right next to Ali's bio dad's exwife.

Could there be a connection between MP and Ali's bio dad that existed PRIOR to him befriending Ali's mother?

IMO it's possible that it was like we were told because his acquaintance with the Lemmons predates his living in Centerville. Supposing Mr. Shumaker told the truth about introducing his old prison pal Shorty and Plumadore about four years ago MP would have gotten to know Tarah and her children and he could have learned to know the biodad and lots of people they are acquainted through Tarah. Did TS ever live near Centerville? Did Aliahna ever stay with biodad for longer periods of time? It could have been his attraction to Centerville if TS's family hasn't lived near there.

Dee10
12-30-2011, 04:29 PM
So I think it would make sense that A's mother would know about the scary stalking of the 13 year old & still let the creep babysit. HORRID to think about. :furious:

LolaMoon08
12-30-2011, 04:31 PM
Very happy to see that the sisters are in protective custody. I hope they are being loved and comforted by very caring people. Lord knows they need it right now.

Karmaa
12-30-2011, 04:36 PM

D <snip> Maroney is A's bio dad, he's in Centerville. He is friends with M Smith, who is also in Centerville and has photos of MP in her public FB albums. M Smith also claims to be A's godmother. M Smith says originally from Ft. Wayne, now lives in Centerville. M Smith also has photos of Lyle Moser's oldest daughter in her FB kids album, so I assume LM is the father to MS's daughter "K". Lyle M<snip> is from Ft. Wayne. Lyle Moser is also the father to A's 6yo half sister, and was step dad to A for a few years (according to LM FB page).

Clear as mud, right?

<snip>. Going to wash my hands now. *barf*

THANK YOU! That helps a bit, anyway.

But, unfortunately it only strengthens my suspicions that there is some kind of really nefarious connection between these people. There are far too many pedos involved in these connections. I have never, personally, known a single person who is a RSO. Not one. As far as I know, I have never even lived in a neighborhood with one (I have checked the registries every time I have moved, since they started offering the lists online.) I understand that I am fortunate to be financially comfortable, but we all know that sex offenders cross every SES line.

So, how is it possible that there are SO MANY in the lives of this family? From Maryland to Iowa to Indiana, they have been surrounded by, or at least in close proximity to multiple offenders. At least one child (Aliahna) was repeatedly molested before. Why wasn't the very first, and most important consideration to stay away from child predators when they moved? I mean the NUMBER ONE priority?

mrsu
12-30-2011, 04:37 PM
Does anyone know if Lyle M is an RSO?

He does not appear to be.

Although I did find a username he likes to use connected to several sexual sites online. No way to know if it is him or not, many of the profiles were private.

billisbobby
12-30-2011, 04:39 PM
I haven't had a chance to check if this has already been posted, but it certainly can't hurt to post again. As so many of us have suspected...

Police: Homicide Suspect Could Be Linked To Other Killings

Link: http://www.theindychannel.com/news/30100727/detail.html

THUD Im scared. :noooo:
Did he kill other children. :behindbar:

Donjeta
12-30-2011, 04:39 PM
Wait, wasn't the dog petition TS did in Centerville, Iowa? So Aliahna and Tarah were there in 2010 as well.

mrsu
12-30-2011, 04:40 PM
Wait, wasn't the dog petition TS did in Centerville, Iowa? So Aliahna and Tarah were there in 2010 as well.

Yes. And the petition was about the same time as the dated photos of MP in M Smith's FB album. :waitasec:

Donjeta
12-30-2011, 04:41 PM
JMO I think the confusion about Aliahna's father being a RSO probably comes from articles and forum posts saying something like "her father is a RSO" when it actually refers to Tarah's father.

billisbobby
12-30-2011, 04:43 PM

Thank you God!!!

'Ailina
12-30-2011, 04:46 PM
I sure would like to know what kind of freezer bags MP used to store Ali's remains in. April Tinsley's killer utilized storage bags, too, when sending his notes and photos.

http://www.fwpd.org/april/press.htm
(scroll to bottom of page to see storage bag)

The bag shown in the article on April appears to me to be Glad brand Wide Seal freezer bags.

Norwegian
12-30-2011, 04:52 PM
There is a M Smith that is friends with Dawayne Maroney on FB. She also has a picture of MP in her public photos titled "good friend Mike", there is also one of him and all the (I assume her) kids. *gag*

I believe he is in one of the other pics in that album as well... with a lot of kids and their mom.

Also, I notice these pictures are not in a "natural" state, for instance Christmas or a birthday, but they look rather staged to show off the girls.

I hope all women who considered him "a trusted and good friend" have a serious talk with their kids NOW!

katydid23
12-30-2011, 04:52 PM
So who was it that Grandpa molested? Was it a family member?

I know they don't list the children's name in these cases but I can't help but be curious.

What I read about Grandpa's crime did not specify the relationship between himself and the victim. But it did say he was the "BABYSITTER" of the victim for several years. To me that sounds like it might have been a family member. imo

billisbobby
12-30-2011, 04:57 PM
I found another forum where a woman claims she has very important information that could change alot. Wonder what that could be!

If this person really has information she should go to LE not a forum.
My guess, she's an attention seeker. imoo

suzyq211
12-30-2011, 04:58 PM
I believe he is in one of the other pics in that album as well... with a lot of kids and their mom.

Also, I notice these pictures are not in a "natural" state, for instance Christmas or a birthday, but they look rather staged to show off the girls.

I hope all women who considered him "a trusted and good friend" have a serious talk with their kids NOW!

BBM

I was thinking the same thing!!!

Cubby
12-30-2011, 04:59 PM

What about any brothers? Wasn't it reported or believed Aliahna also had a younger brother living in that home? Or do TS and AS only have children from previous relationships?

Helenstreet
12-30-2011, 05:00 PM
So one can hope they will examine these children now.

It is a possibility that the two little girls have been examined since the sheriff's statement on Nancy Grace. The results of the examination may be what resulted in CPS removing them from the parents' care. JMO.

billisbobby
12-30-2011, 05:01 PM
snipped for space

I got a kick out of Nancy Grace acting shocked that the child was asleep in her clothing and coat. She also found it hard to believe the children were sleeping on the floor. This is the norm...They probably wore their cloths until they could walk away on their own! They normally have no schedule, therefore they just drop where ever they are when they become tired. These kids could probably sleep thru a tornado. They are use to fighting, parties, and people in and out of their home at all hours of the day and night!

I had an acquaintance that lived in a roach infested apt. There were roaches in her babies diaper. They would crawl into his ears at night while sleeping in his crib. I helped her do a deep cleaning, at my suggestion...there were roaches in her blender and behind her medicine cabinet. It was normal to her!:banghead:

I disagree that sleeping in clothes and coats is the norm. It may be the norm for this particular family- But the higher percentage of children in the US sleep in their beds. Thankgoodness.
(I know there are homeless families that have to sleep in their clothes.)

Dee10
12-30-2011, 05:02 PM
Did anyone find out if the A's grandmother & MP were in Florida at the same time?

Cubby
12-30-2011, 05:02 PM

MOO

Not necessarily. I couldn't afford to go to an out of state funeral (or any out of state event) but I can afford to care for my child.

Just because someone can't afford to go out of state at the drop of a hat's notice is not even close to indicative of them not being able to afford to raise a child.

moo

Donjeta
12-30-2011, 05:08 PM
It is irrelevant, anyhow. Aliahna is dead and whether or not DM can afford to travel out of state or raise children he can't raise Aliahna any more.

The other girls are not his biological children and are not likely to be placed with him.

Helenstreet
12-30-2011, 05:13 PM
I believe Bio dad of Daughter S but we'd need dob etc to corroborate and don't think we can go too far with him. :innocent:

According to LM's two MySpace accounts, he is 37 years old. I don't know about his DOB though.

carole
12-30-2011, 05:14 PM
Not necessarily. I couldn't afford to go to an out of state funeral (or any out of state event) but I can afford to care for my child.

Just because someone can't afford to go out of state at the drop of a hat's notice is not even close to indicative of them not being able to afford to raise a child.

:moo:

BBM

I agree with you. Sometimes it is hard to come up with a large amount of money - thanks to compassionate LE where he lives he will be able to attend is daughter's funeral.

Unfortunately, Aliahna's bio dad's day to day finances are a moot point. He won't have an opportunity to raise her.

If she had been with him and his new wife, she would still be alive. I believe his heart must be broken into many, many little pieces knowing this.

Norwegian
12-30-2011, 05:14 PM
My opinion about biodad seeking donations to go to the funeral is that I doubt it will cost very much and he doesn't seem to be well off by any means - and he probably doesn't have a buffer saved up for something like this.

To me, it's still strange that family and friends can't rally and collect enough cash for him and that he has to ask the public, but that's just me.

Anyway, he deserves to be at his daughter's funeral. Even if he wasn't consistent in her life.

Karmaa
12-30-2011, 05:17 PM
I disagree that sleeping in clothes and coats is the norm. It may be the norm for this particular family- But the higher percentage of children in the US sleep in their beds. Thankgoodness.

I thing that the original poster was referring to this "kind" of family. There are several people on this board who are familiar with what seems to be a stereotypical family of irresponsible, substance abusing, poverty-ridden, people who have similar characteristics. I think she meant that this "flopping" behavior is typical in those kinds of homes.

Of course MOST children are given, at minimum, a bed to sleep in, clothes to wear and space/personal belongings of their own - no matter how poor they are.

Dr.Fessel
12-30-2011, 05:19 PM
Did anyone find out if the A's grandmother & MP were in Florida at the same time?

Aliahna and her family were in florida.

'Ailina
12-30-2011, 05:21 PM

Yes, I still have the feeling Ali kept her clothes and coat on as a guard tactic, and to feel more secure. Coat + clothes = more barriers of protection, dressed for fight or flight.

suzyq211
12-30-2011, 05:22 PM
Was this posted already? Is it even allowed?

http://www.myspace.com/tarahsouders

I guess they were in Centerville.

peeples
12-30-2011, 05:24 PM
My opinion about biodad seeking donations to go to the funeral is that I doubt it will cost very much and he doesn't seem to be well off by any means - and he probably doesn't have a buffer saved up for something like this.

To me, it's still strange that family and friends can't rally and collect enough cash for him and that he has to ask the public, but that's just me.

Anyway, he deserves to be at his daughter's funeral. Even if he wasn't consistent in her life.

I didn't say a word negative about him seeking donations, i was responding to another poster who talked about him raising one of the girls. I was under the impression 1 of the other little girls was his. I don't have all these family dynamics worked out.. it's really confusing...

passionflower
12-30-2011, 05:24 PM
Yes, I still have the feeling Ali kept her clothes and coat on as a guard tactic, and to feel more secure. Coat + clothes = more barriers of protection, dressed for fight or flight.

I agree barrier of protection and trailer was so cold/drafty and not enough blankets????............:banghead:

not_my_kids
12-30-2011, 05:25 PM

I can't afford to go to my grandmother's memorial because it is just over 200 miles away, and I don't have the money to get there. Family and friends are just as poor. I couldn't afford to make a trip across town right now unless it was planned and budgeted at least a week in advance, and possibly not even then. However, when it comes to caring for my children, I am not lacking in any sense.
Parenting is not about money.

Please note, Ali's dad will not be getting the other children because he is not their father (I don't think he is anyway) and even if he were to somehow gain custody, victims services will provide the care for the children that were traumatized.

ETA: remember too, that this was not an open ended request for cash, where he just wanted to rake in as much as he could. WIthin two days of making the request, he had the money and was reportedly hitting the road. Not like many of the money grubbers we see in some cases.

Wild@Heart
12-30-2011, 05:25 PM

Her half-sister's bio dad has a long record as well! Not sure that's a great place for her either!

Cubby
12-30-2011, 05:26 PM

Ali's bio dad has stated in MSM her was introduced to MP by Tarah.

Dr.Fessel
12-30-2011, 05:28 PM
It just keeps going on and on.

In a January 2010 case, Aliahna is listed as the victim of a sexual assault. Kurtis Allen Kennedy, age 19 at the time of the crime, was originally charged with second degree sexual abuse. He was later arraigned on a charge of indecent contact with a child, an aggravated misdemeanor.

Kennedy plead not guilty to the original charge on April 16, 2010. On July 9, 2010 he entered a guilty plea to the indecent contact with a child charge.

According to a complaint affidavit signed by Centerville Police Officer Jeremy Cole, during a Jan. 21 interview with Kennedy at his home, he confessed to his acts on Jan. 2.

“On Jan. 21, 2010 at approximately 3:20 p.m., DHS case worker Sarah Baker and I [Jeremy Cole] interviewed the defendant [Allen Kennedy] in his home, during the interview Kennedy did admit to partially disrobing Aliahna Lemmon, a seven year old child, and placing his hand on the child’s bare buttock, while the child was in his case on the evening of Jan. 2, 2010,” the affidavit said. “The defendant did so for the sole purpose of self-sexual gratification. The victim, Aliahna Lemmon, confirmed the defendant’s admission.”

As reported in a July 26, 2010 article in the Daily Iowegian, entitled “Prison sentence suspende

http://dailyiowegian.com/local/x1477836760/More-Centerville-ties-to-slain-Indiana-girl

carole
12-30-2011, 05:29 PM

Mu guess is that most of his family and friends are in the same situation that he is in having no buffer of money for an emergency.

He may not have a car that would make such a trip and renting one would be out of the question. Where will he stay while he is in Ft. Wayne? Certainly not with A's mother. He would need a little money for food.

He may not be paid for day's he away from work, either, putting more of a financial burden on his family.

Thanks to compassionate LE he will be able to make the trip.

Cubby
12-30-2011, 05:29 PM

I'm not understanding why it is not an all or none if ANY children in the household are taken by CPS. I don't understand the logic of some, but not others. It makes zero sense to me.

JMO

not_my_kids
12-30-2011, 05:30 PM
http://dailyiowegian.com/local/x1477836760/More-Centerville-ties-to-slain-Indiana-girl

THis article might help determine who knows who from where and when they met. I can't snip, or I'd still be pasting half the article.

Donjeta
12-30-2011, 05:32 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if she did. However, we have only been told that she slept in her coat the night she supposedly disappeared. Apparently she had already been dead for a day, so it was a lie.

Could MP have said she slept with her coat on because he had disposed of the coat and if anybody was to believe the sleepwalking story they'd have to think she took her coat while asleep and it may not be something she'd have done?

passionflower
12-30-2011, 05:33 PM
Jan 2010 lived in Centerville, Iowa
1st molestation of Ali?? (Kennedy)
February 2011 to May 2011 · Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
Ali's mother worked there. On FB info page.......only 7 months ago.

not_my_kids
12-30-2011, 05:34 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if she did. However, we have only been told that she slept in her coat the night she supposedly disappeared. Apparently she had already been dead for a day, so it was a lie.

Could MP have said she slept with her coat on because he had disposed of the coat and if anybody was to believe the sleepwalking story they'd have to think she took her coat while asleep and it may not be something she'd have done?

The truth behind the lies. He knew he killed her, he knew he put her in the freezer, subconsciously, his mind made the connection freezer-cold-coat. Therefore, what came out of his mouth was that Ali had her coat on, because to say that she was cold would be almost like giving away the answer.

MOO.

Or he's just a bad liar, but he did pretty well to the media.

Helenstreet
12-30-2011, 05:34 PM
I sure would like to know what kind of freezer bags MP used to store Ali's remains in. April Tinsley's killer utilized storage bags, too, when sending his notes and photos.

The bag shown in the article on April appears to me to be Glad brand Wide Seal freezer bags.

It's possible that April's killer was MP, but he would have been only 16 years old at the time; the crime occurred in 1988.

suzyq211
12-30-2011, 05:35 PM

In a January 2010 case, Aliahna is listed as the victim of a sexual assault. Kurtis Allen Kennedy, age 19 at the time of the crime, was originally charged with second degree sexual abuse. He was later arraigned on a charge of indecent contact with a child, an aggravated misdemeanor.

Kennedy plead not guilty to the original charge on April 16, 2010. On July 9, 2010 he entered a guilty plea to the indecent contact with a child charge.

According to a complaint affidavit signed by Centerville Police Officer Jeremy Cole, during a Jan. 21 interview with Kennedy at his home, he confessed to his acts on Jan. 2.

“On Jan. 21, 2010 at approximately 3:20 p.m., DHS case worker Sarah Baker and I [Jeremy Cole] interviewed the defendant [Allen Kennedy] in his home, during the interview Kennedy did admit to partially disrobing Aliahna Lemmon, a seven year old child, and placing his hand on the child’s bare buttock, while the child was in his case on the evening of Jan. 2, 2010,” the affidavit said. “The defendant did so for the sole purpose of self-sexual gratification. The victim, Aliahna Lemmon, confirmed the defendant’s admission.”

As reported in a July 26, 2010 article in the Daily Iowegian, entitled “Prison sentence suspende

Thanks for the link...so there it is. :-(

CJMAJORGIRL24
12-30-2011, 05:35 PM

IIRC -you posted something similar to this even befor little Aliahna was found-and I wanted to agree with you then-and I forgot. So thanks for this post-I totally agree with you .

not_my_kids
12-30-2011, 05:36 PM
Makes me wonder who the other abuser was. Her stepfather said there were two incidents...only one has been documented.

bam
12-30-2011, 05:37 PM
The forum gave her the sherriffs dept telephone number to call.
If this person really has information she should go to LE not a forum.
My guess, she's an attention seeker. imoo

Donjeta
12-30-2011, 05:38 PM
Here's the old article about Aliahna's molestation.
http://dailyiowegian.com/local/x1255110602/Prison-sentence-suspended-to-probation-for-Centerville-teen

carole
I'm not understanding why it is not an all or none if ANY children in the household are taken by CPS. I don't understand the logic of some, but not others. It makes zero sense to me.

JMO

I think the girl's were removed because they were left with MP. The boys were not.

2door73chevy

So...the 3rd (known) time...she loses her life:furious: I hope those other children are NEVER given back to ANYONE in that family.

not_my_kids
We aren't supposed to discuss other forums. We are here, not there.

ETA: AFAIK...not a mod. Just going off what I've been told on other threads. I just mastered the Facebook rules, though, so PM a mod if anyone's not sure. Just trying to make sure that no one gets in trouble.

Helplessly Hoping

here's his picture....

http://www.homefacts.com/offender-detail/IA100704331/Kurtis-Allen-Kennedy.html

Karmaa
12-30-2011, 05:39 PM

If MP is 39 now, he would have been about 15 when April was abducted. Not that it's impossible, but he would have had to pretty much been living in that area, since 15yo's don't have much mobility.

But, honestly - if he started killing at 15, I would guess that he would have been caught for at least SOMETHING in the last 25 or so years. Maybe not rape, murder or molestation, but there would be something - even peeping tom stuff, or whatever.

passionflower
12-30-2011, 05:41 PM
In Ali's 9 years of life where did she live ???
I am getting so many addresses that they moved state to state often.
That takes money to move and loss of jobs.
WHY???

not_my_kids
SO, I suppose, the question is, how did this unrelated 19 year old get access to a seven year old child...it might have been in the article, but it wouldn't load completely for me, so I'm not sure.

Was he another "babysitter"?

bam
According to LM's two MySpace accounts, he is 37 years old. I don't know about his DOB though.

October 4, 1974

Donjeta
Kennedy's sentence was suspended but his family watchdog entry says he's in prison in Oakdale.

suzyq211
Here's the old article about Aliahna's molestation.
http://dailyiowegian.com/local/x1255110602/Prison-sentence-suspended-to-probation-for-Centerville-teen

So, another "babysitter"...