PDA

View Full Version : Motive

CaliMama
01-15-2012, 10:46 PM
I have read through the threads and have seen motives mentioned, but have lost track of which motive belongs to whom. I thought it would be helpful to discuss motive separately just to keep it organized in its own thread.

I have seen greed, jealously, vengeance, rape, thrill and maybe a couple of others that I am forgetting. What I am most curious about is which motive belongs to whom.

It seems obvious that someone like RC would have done it just for the thrill aspect since he is a serial killer, but what about the others?

HmmWhoKnows
01-15-2012, 11:52 PM
Greed is taken out. The large amount of money (500-600 I believe) left in the purses proves that and most here agree.

Bartt Streeter - revenge and jealousy

Ricky Dykes, Francis Robb, Ricky Evans, et. al. - Sex, power, revenge

JK/MH crew - jealousy

Cox - sex, power

Carnahan - sex, power

Garrison - sex, power

CaliMama
01-16-2012, 03:07 AM
Greed is taken out. The large amount of money (500-600 I believe) left in the purses proves that and most here agree.

Bartt Streeter - revenge and jealousy

Ricky Dykes, Francis Robb, Ricky Evans, et. al. - Sex, power, revenge

JK/MH crew - jealousy

Cox - sex, power

Carnahan - sex, power

Garrison - sex, power

Yes, greed is certainly taken out :) I was reading about the possible motorcycle gang connection. My thoughts are that even if someone like that wanted sex and power, weren't a lot of these guys criminals that would also included being thieves and burglars? Not RC or GC, but some of the other guys that you mentioned. I mean, wouldn't money/jewelry at least be an afterthought?

Luzer
01-16-2012, 10:46 AM
Yes, greed is certainly taken out :) I was reading about the possible motorcycle gang connection. My thoughts are that even if someone like that wanted sex and power, weren't a lot of these guys criminals that would also included being thieves and burglars? Not RC or GC, but some of the other guys that you mentioned. I mean, wouldn't money/jewelry at least be an afterthought?

Motorcycle gangs will generally have their prospects carry out the "dirty work". If prospects were told to go and get the girls, the prospects would leave the cash alone unless they were given permission to steal.

pittsburghgirl
01-17-2012, 03:37 AM
I agree that money does not appear to be a viable motive.

The fact that three women were abducted and murdered suggests that the motive was rape and murder.

The revenge angle doesn't make a lot of sense to me, since getting caught for triple murder would surely carry more penalty than grave-robbing at the level these guys were working. I also don't think any of them acted alone; they got caught for the grave-robbing, so if they were involved, I would think there was someone else who provided some experience and expertise/ (as I write this, I recall how botched up the crime scene was by all of the people at the house. Maybe they did leave evidence but LE never got to see it. And then the van was seen, so maybe I don't feel so positive about that assertion....).

CaliMama
01-17-2012, 03:30 PM
I agree that money does not appear to be a viable motive.

The fact that three women were abducted and murdered suggests that the motive was rape and murder.

The revenge angle doesn't make a lot of sense to me, since getting caught for triple murder would surely carry more penalty than grave-robbing at the level these guys were working. I also don't think any of them acted alone; they got caught for the grave-robbing, so if they were involved, I would think there was someone else who provided some experience and expertise/ (as I write this, I recall how botched up the crime scene was by all of the people at the house. Maybe they did leave evidence but LE never got to see it. And then the van was seen, so maybe I don't feel so positive about that assertion....).

On most days, I really feel that the motive was rape and murder. However, recently, human trafficking has crossed my mind as a possible motive. I am sure this has been talked about here and I think I remember people saying this is what could have happened when I still lived in Springfield. Back then I thought the idea was absurd, but now (being a little wiser) I can see how this could be a possibility. Of course, to consider this as a motive and/or possible scenario, I move from keeping things simple to a more complex explanation which doesn't seem probable.

CaliMama
01-17-2012, 03:45 PM
Also, regarding the crime scene being botched. I understand that people moved things and touched things, but that doesn't mean that those same people that had been in the house couldn't have submitted to DNA samples to rule their DNA out. This happened in the Caylee Anthony case when they figured out an unknown hair on an item actually belonged to someone in the FBI lab and another hair found didn't match anyone in LE or any of the family members of Caylee. I realize that 18 people had been in the house (lots of people had access to Caylee's remains), but all they had to do was take their DNA and compare it to the DNA found in the house. If there was an unknown, they could have saved that unknown DNA and today they might be able to find a match to that DNA. I hope that they did this, but something tells me that they didn't.