View Full Version : Korean War MIAS Accounted for 2012
04-03-2012, 08:58 PM
Here are some names of American Servicemen recently returned from Korea and identified:
• Army Pfc. George A. Porter. The 21-year-old Philadelphian went missing Feb. 11, 1950, when he and his Battery B, 15th Field Artillery Battalion comrades were supporting South Korean forces in a major offensive near Hoengsong, South Korea.Porter and more than 100 men were taken prisoner when Chinese forces attacked in what has become known as the Hoengsong Massacre. He was never accounted for following the war, officials said.
• Army Pfc. Frank P. Jennings. He was lost near Jeon-Gog, South Korea, on April 25, 1951, while serving with E Company, 2nd Battalion, 7th Infantry Regiment. Jennings was accounted for on Jan. 18.
• Army Sgt. 1st Class Edris A. Viers. He was lost near Pongam-ni, South Korea, on Aug. 12, 1950, while serving with Battery A, 555th Field Artillery Battalion, 5th Regimental Combat Team. Viers was accounted for on Jan. 17.
• Army Cpl. William R. Sluss. He was serving with Service Battery, 38th Field Artillery Battalion, 2nd Infantry Division, near Kuni-ri, North Korea, when he was captured by enemy forces in late November 1950. Sluss died at POW Camp 5 in April 1951 and was accounted for on Jan. 17.
• Army Cpl. Chester J. Roper. The Battery A, 503rd Field Artillery Battalion, 2nd Infantry Division, soldier was captured by enemy forces on Dec. 1, 1950, near Somindong, North Korea, and died in early 1951 in POW Camp 5 at Pyoktong. He was accounted for on Jan. 4.
01-23-2013, 08:10 PM
Pfc. Bobby L. Byars, U.S. Army, Company M, 3rd Battalion, 31st Infantry Regiment, 7th Infantry Division, was lost on Dec, 12, 1950, near the Chosin Reservoir. He was accounted for on Jan. 4, 2013.
Cpl. Edwin L. Galarneau, Headquarters Battery, 57th Field Artillery Battalion, 31st Regimental Combat Team, was lost on Dec. 2, 1950, near the Chosin Reservoir in North Korea. He was accounted for on Dec. 17, 2012.
Pfc. Roosevelt Clark, Company E, 35th Infantry Regiment, 25th Infantry Division, was lost on Nov. 28, 1950, near the North Korean town of Unsan. He was accounted for on Dec. 13, 2012.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2 Copyright © 2015 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.