PDA

View Full Version : A Message to Websleuths Members and Readers from Chuck Cox

Tricia
02-13-2012, 09:39 PM
Dear Websleuths Members,

Chuck Cox would like to ask all of us for a favor;

Please dial back on the criticism of the police, the prosecutors, and all those working hard to help find Susan.

Mr. Cox said he knows emotions are running high but he stressed that the detectives in the case want to bring Susan home as much as he does and even if mistakes were made it does no good now to criticize. Mr. Cox also stated that they wanted to get Josh as much as anyone.

He did say he thought Josh could have been arrested last year and he did tell the prosecutor that Josh was capable of hurting the boys so they had better do something fast. The prosecutor's office told him they had it under control.

Mr. Cox said even if it comes to light that the police and the prosecutors made a mistake and for whatever reason did not arrest Josh when they could have to please dial back the harsh words.

Can this man be any more of a saint?

Can there be a bigger difference in the character of Chuck Cox and the Powell men?

If you want to help Susan's family the first thing you can do is to stop with the criticizing of law enforcement.

There really is only one person to blame and that is Josh.

Thank you.

coopzoo
02-13-2012, 09:40 PM
What an amazing soul this man has. God bless him.

Tricia
02-13-2012, 09:42 PM
He does read here by the way. I'm sure he will read this thread especially.

passionflower
02-13-2012, 10:12 PM
God bless the Cox family and all who loved Susan and her sons.
This would include the innocent Powell family members, his mother.
What a huge heart Mr. & Mrs. Cox has to bear all this tradgedies.

ynotdivein
02-13-2012, 10:17 PM
It is truly humbling to witness how Mr. and Mrs. Cox are dealing with the events they have been faced with over the past two years and more.

I think every WSer feels frustrated and outraged, and sincerely wants to do something, anything, to help the Cox family. The first step each of us can take is to honor Chuck's wishes in every way. Thanks for sharing his thoughts, Tricia.

:grouphug:

mamamia54
02-13-2012, 10:28 PM
I'm thankful to Mr. Cox for saying what he did, because the enormity of devistation that they are going through, is amazing to think that he can forgive anyone who may have lived through any of this and been a part in the drama. Josh Powell caused this, no one else.

Only4Justice
02-13-2012, 10:46 PM
Dear Chuck and Judy Cox,

You are in my thoughts and prayers.

I have admired both of you. My heart breaks for you.

Judy Cox, I can tell you are hurting so bad and have such a wonderful love of Susan. What love you have in your heart. I hope I am such a good mom as you.

As someone who has had a lot of heartache and loss in my life....you are such a testament to the love of our Savior, Jesus Christ.

I'm so sorry for what you have endured.

May God Bless You and Keep You.

I will keep you in my prayers.

carole
02-13-2012, 10:59 PM
Mr. Mrs. Cox, I have been praying for your family since your precious Susan went missing. I will continue to pray for God to strengthen you and your family and friends. I do admire you both, I can see the love of Jesus in your every word and deed. What a wonderful reunion you and Susan and Charlie and Braden will have in Heaven!!! Until then you can rest assured that they safe are in the arms of the Savior.

Peazzzer
02-13-2012, 11:28 PM
Dear Mr. Cox,
Your dignity and respect for those around you during these most horrific times has made an indelible mark on me . You make me want to be a better person and carry that dignity you have shown within me. I have the utmost admiration for you and yours,
Sincerely, Peazzzer

Kimster
02-14-2012, 12:22 AM
:praying: Still sending prayers up to our Lord for your family! :praying:

MNlady
02-14-2012, 12:24 AM
It is truly humbling to witness how Mr. and Mrs. Cox are dealing with the events they have been faced with over the past two years and more.

I think every WSer feels frustrated and outraged, and sincerely wants to do something, anything, to help the Cox family. The first step each of us can take is to honor Chuck's wishes in every way. Thanks for sharing his thoughts, Tricia.

I completely agree with the above. Thanks for saying it for me too, YNDI.
I'm thankful to Mr. Cox for saying what he did, because the enormity of devistation that they are going through, is amazing to think that he can forgive anyone who may have lived through any of this and been a part in the drama. Josh Powell caused this, no one else.

And Steven Powell. I firmly believe that he manipulated everything about Susan's disappearance. If he couldn't have her, and he couldn't because she wouldn't let him near her, he didn't want anyone to have her. Josh was who he was because of Steven, IMO. I hope he never gets out of prison,,,ever.

Irish_Eyes
02-14-2012, 12:27 AM
God Bless the Cox family.

AngelWings444
02-14-2012, 12:43 AM
Mr. and Mrs Cox,

Thank you both, for teaching us all lessons each day of dignity, respect, forgiveness and the utmost strength. Your courage through this horrible tragedy has taught me many life lessons, including today. It's no wonder your beautiful daughter and her young sons, have caught the attention of the nation.

God Bless you both! I pray Susan is brought home soon, to rest with her sons. I pray you have peace and justice.

dizzychick
02-14-2012, 12:45 AM
He is such a nice man. I dont know where he finds the strength...

Trapshooter
02-14-2012, 12:50 AM
Mr.& Mrs. Cox,

All of us here can learn a great lesson in humility, thanks to you. My heart and prayers go out to you and your family in this difficult time. May God's blessings shine upon you and touch your hearts with love and comfort.

Melanie
02-14-2012, 01:06 AM
My blessings go out to Mr. & Mrs. Cox, Susan, Charlie and Braden, and everyone involved in the investigation.

Hugs,

Melanie

Firemom
02-14-2012, 02:19 AM
Mr. & Mrs. Cox,

May the Lord continue to walk beside you and give you the strength to continue on. May He guide you on the path to bring Susan home and give you peace in your heart.

Cher352
02-14-2012, 02:33 AM
Thank you Tricia for posting this message from Mr. Cox, much can be learned from this gentle man.

And God Bless to all of the Cox family, I as many others pray that God will help you endure and that he heals your pain.

marycarney
02-14-2012, 03:19 AM
Mr. and Mrs. Cox,
Your example is such a beacon of light in a dark situation. God richly bless you - be assured, you WILL see Susan and the boys again.

Dewey2Me1MoThyme
02-14-2012, 03:24 AM
I'm both amazed and thrilled at how the Cox's have handled themselves through everything over the past few years. Job had nothing on them! My hat is off to you both. you are doing Susan and the boys proud.

kline
02-14-2012, 03:51 AM
Mr. Cox, Please know that here in Idaho you and your family are very much in my and my children's thoughts and Prayers.
May the Lord bring you Peace and comfort during the aftermath of this tragedy.

believe09
02-14-2012, 09:36 AM
Thank you Tricia and Mr. Cox for reminding us what is best about Websleuths in the face of this horror-the knowledge that law enforcement is committed to fighting injustices and tragedies of this magnitude. My heart goes out to you and yours absolutely, and my heart goes out to the devastated women and men in law enforcement who have also been robbed of a chance to close this case. :(

pcrum12
02-14-2012, 09:53 AM
Mr. and Mrs. Cox:

Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal.

Praying for comfort in your time of need. Sincerely, P Cox Crum

Pookie's Mom
02-14-2012, 10:12 AM
I just wanted to say that your grace and dignity, Mr. and Mrs. Cox, are truly a testament to your faith. I have and will continue to pray for your family. I am humbled by your ability to stay strong. Knowing that those precious boys had you in their lives gives me, and I'm sure everyone else some comfort. God bless you.

Sha
02-14-2012, 10:16 AM
You, Sir, and your dear wife, have my full cooperation, respect, awe, and sympathy for your loss of Susan, Charlie, and Braden. I blame NO ONE but Josh.

diphi
02-14-2012, 02:39 PM
We often talk in soundbites here at WS. Our wonderings, questions, and thoughts end up distilled here when often we all know there is much more behind what is actually posted. We have our own thoughts, experiences, and biases which are briefly presented in one single post(s). Yes, we do seek the truth, the cause, and well, the blame for situations. And, honestly, we can be incredibly nit-picky sometimes.

To the Coxes:

I refuse to blame either the case worker or the 911 operator and have not participated in any of the conversations that do that. It wouldn't have mattered, as you obviously have determined. Really, it wouldn't have mattered at all if anything had been speeded up 5 or 10 minutes. No, it just wouldn't have mattered.

Bless you all for your strength. You're an inspiration for all of us.

chasing.halos
02-14-2012, 02:50 PM
Wow. What a class act you are Mr. Cox. You are truly an inspiration to all.

I am so terribly sorry for your profound loss. Please know we are always here for you and your family.

DLT88
02-14-2012, 04:01 PM
Chuck and Judy Cox are surely good examples of how we should behave in this world. Thank you for sharing Chuck's request, and we will do our best to remember to honor it.

matou
02-14-2012, 04:30 PM
Mr. and Mrs. Cox, I am so sorry for your loss. Sending prayers for your healing.

Kateyes
02-14-2012, 05:01 PM
Dear Mr. and Mrs. Cox - I am so terribly sorry for your loss. Your words are a further demonstration of your great faith and character. We will do our best to fulfill your request.

athy
02-14-2012, 05:10 PM
Dear Mr. and Mrs. Cox,

I'm so sorry for what your family has been going through and pray that God will give the two of you peace. Watching and hearing how the two of you are handling this I can only begin to imagine the type of loving, caring and giving person that Susan must have been. I commend you two on your strength and the faith you both have and the example you give others each day. She must have been amazing and I'm sure the boys if they had had a chance to be raised by her and you two, they also would have been a complete blessing in this world.

wenwe4
02-14-2012, 05:20 PM
The Cox Family released video of the boys playing and carving pumpkins. I felt this was the most appropriate place to post them (along with media links). Such a sweet video.

Helping us all remember what sweet little boys they were in happy times.

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/Cox-family-releases-video-of-Powell-boys-showing-happier-times-139312958.html

CarmelEyesD
02-14-2012, 05:24 PM
My prayers, condolences and sympathy. My tears....

T4Tide
02-14-2012, 06:04 PM
I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. - Ephesians 3:16-19

Thank you for the love you have shared.... for Susan and the boys.... and for all those around you helping and serving in the case. Your graciousness and kindness are a beacon for all the world to see. God bless you.

gwenabob
02-15-2012, 02:29 AM
To the Coxes:

What grace and dignity you have shown in the face of unspeakable sorrow and loss. Thank you for being an exemplary example of Christ-like humanity. I am glad you were able to spend the last few months with those boys. They probably had not been that relaxed and happy since their mother disappeared. I think of Susan every day and keep waiting patiently for when they finally find her and she can be put to rest near her sons.

Yellow Rose
02-15-2012, 08:47 AM
To all the family and friends of Susan and quite especially to Mr & Mrs Cox, I hope that God will give you additional strength to withhold you through this relentless search for your daughter's return to you. You have more than exceeded yourselves in the graciousness you have shown both to God and Country. I wish you Godspeed.

utmomof2
02-15-2012, 12:08 PM
I am sure that this entire case has been very difficult and weary for all those involved - obviously the family but also those who have dedicated so many hours trying to find Susan and arrest JP. I am also sure that none of them will ever be the same. Bless you all.

wonders
02-15-2012, 12:13 PM
Dear Websleuths Members,

Chuck Cox would like to ask all of us for a favor;

Please dial back on the criticism of the police, the prosecutors, and all those working hard to help find Susan.

Mr. Cox said he knows emotions are running high but he stressed that the detectives in the case want to bring Susan home as much as he does and even if mistakes were made it does no good now to criticize. Mr. Cox also stated that they wanted to get Josh as much as anyone.

He did say he thought Josh could have been arrested last year and he did tell the prosecutor that Josh was capable of hurting the boys so they had better do something fast. The prosecutor's office told him they had it under control.

Mr. Cox said even if it comes to light that the police and the prosecutors made a mistake and for whatever reason did not arrest Josh when they could have to please dial back the harsh words.

Can this man be any more of a saint?

Can there be a bigger difference in the character of Chuck Cox and the Powell men?

If you want to help Susan's family the first thing you can do is to stop with the criticizing of law enforcement.

There really is only one person to blame and that is Josh.

Thank you.

The Cox family has so much poise and dignity. I need to aspire to be like them.

knicksgal1
02-15-2012, 01:29 PM
Dear Mr and Mrs Cox and all those who love and miss Susan, Charlie and Braden,

You continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. I pray that the God of all comfort hold you tightly in his arms. It is easy to respect your wishes because I think there was one monster responsible for your loss. I believe that law enforcement is not perfect but that they so wanted justice for Susan and never would have put her beautiful boys in harms way on purpose.

Know that you are not alone. In some small way, we are with you and I know that your faith sustains you.

God bless you,
Christine

strawberry
02-15-2012, 05:46 PM
<modsnip>

Mr. Cox, you are a saint. I guess your faith is carrying you through because it is clear how much you love Susan and those boys. I'll look to you as an example for taking the higher road. <modsnip>

scswimmom
02-15-2012, 07:49 PM
Mr. & Mrs. Cox,

God Bless you both.

Lisa

Caligram
02-16-2012, 12:07 AM
Dear Mr. and Mrs. Cox ~ I am so very sorry for your loss. You have my deepest admiration for the dignity and restraint which you shown us. I hope that you will find an ongoing source of comfort and peace.
To be truthful, words fail me as I think the tragegies which you have faced. My hugs, prayers, and tears are all I can offer you.

Angelonline
02-16-2012, 12:55 AM
I started crying when I read Tricias message, overcome with emotion. What a wonderful testament Mr. Cox & Mrs. Cox are to Christianity. They certainly display a beacon of faith, courage and humility that can only come from their deep faith in God. If only the world was made up of more people like them, it would surely be a better place. Prayers and thoughts from my house going out to Chuck and Judy Cox.

Carolina Girl
02-16-2012, 07:59 PM
To the Cox Family. I pray that God continues to be your crutch and hold you during this painful time. The Precious Children are with their Mother, safely in the hands of the Angels. They do not have to be afraid anymore. God Bless You.

KMouse
02-17-2012, 11:45 AM
Dear Mr. & Mrs. Cox and family,

I admire your strength through the past couple of years and especially now.
You are in my thoughts and prayers and have all of my respect and compassion.
We are all blessed with "knowing" Susan and her boys and our memories of them will never fade.
I hope that somehow through these very difficult times that you feel the power of all of our prayers.
God bless you. I am very sorry for all that you have lost.

decemberbee45
02-17-2012, 12:39 PM
When you get to the end of all the light you know and it's time to step into the darkness of the unknown, faith is knowing that one of two things shall happen: either you will be given something solid to stand on, or you will be taught how to fly.”
― Edward Teller

Many prayers to the Cox family and friends.

TerriM
02-18-2012, 07:45 PM
Death Mr and Mrs Cox, I hope that if I ever lost my child as you did I would have the strength and the goodness of heart to behave as you both have. With dignity and strength may The Lord keep you in his embrace.

dovebar
02-18-2012, 09:11 PM
To the Coxes, bless you for all your efforts to help Susan, and to give the boys a little decency and real love in their lives, despite being vilified and lied to and disappointed by others and having aspersions cast on your religion and your efforts. Other children will be saved in Charlie and Braden's name.

Some1Nose
02-19-2012, 08:43 AM
Dear Mr. and Mrs. Cox:

Thanks so much for maintaining grace and dignity in the face of colossal adversity.

I sincerely hope, when your strength is renewed and your purpose redirected, you will push for the enactment of a Charlie & Braden Law to protect innocent children from being subjected to inappropriate visitation and custody with parents who have adverse parenting pathologies.

Also, grandparental rights are uniformly under-valued by the courts in favor of parental rights, no matter the parents' instability status; this situation needs to be seriously addressed, across the country.

Perhaps others reading here will advocate for change to current court system trends that place dependent children in harms way by putting parental rights above children’s emotional, mental and physical safety.

gwenabob
02-19-2012, 11:47 AM
Dear Mr. and Mrs. Cox:

Thanks so much for maintaining grace and dignity in the face of colossal adversity.

I sincerely hope, when your strength is renewed and your purpose redirected, you will push for the enactment of a Charlie & Braden Law to protect innocent children from being subjected to inappropriate visitation and custody with parents who have adverse parenting pathologies.

Also, grandparental rights are uniformly under-valued by the courts in favor of parental rights, no matter the parents' instability status; this situation needs to be seriously addressed, across the country.

Perhaps others reading here will advocate for change to current court system trends that place dependent children in harms way by putting parental rights above children’s emotional, mental and physical safety.

I support this completely. Perhaps now is a good time for some grandparents' rights laws to be legislated in Washington state. As of now, they have zilch.

SurfieTX
02-19-2012, 11:50 AM
Dear Mr. and Mrs. Cox:

I agree. Sky Metalwala is another example of the courts and DHS failing miserably in Washington.

Some1Nose
02-21-2012, 06:49 AM
I agree. Sky Metalwala is another example of the courts and DHS failing miserably in Washington.

Yep...I agree. In many states, including Washington, both the courts and child protective services need to reevaluate their methodologies of handling child dependency cases which are sorely lacking in safe and sane child protection decisions, imo.

hollyblue
02-21-2012, 04:06 PM
Just on HLN, the Coxes are suing CPS.

seattlechiquita
02-21-2012, 04:07 PM
Just on HLN, the Coxes are suing CPS.

As they should. I hope they win.

DLT88
02-21-2012, 04:57 PM
As they should. I hope they win.

Yes, they should because these agencies do not learn unless people do this and call them to task.