PDA

View Full Version : Debunked Twitter Accounts

KarmaGet'em
02-20-2012, 11:31 AM
Since there is (and will be) a lot of talk/sleuthing on twitter in this Social Media thread, I thought it would be good to have one place that identifies twitter accounts that are not all that they are perceived to be. This way, one can decide for themselves if they should waste any time believing what they read or to take it with a grain of salt.

(I hope it is OK to start this thread. Mods, if not feel free to remove).

I'd like to start this one off with:

@CINDYANTH0NY Debunked!
(that is with a zero and not an O)

This is not Cindy Anthony. I believe Mark Lippmann has said so himself.
This person has tweeted a number of pics to get a rise out of people including a wedding cake, remodeled bathroom, diamond ring (claimed to be a grandmothers ring) and a yard statue. Every single one of these pictures have been found on another (unrelated) web page - mostly commercial.

Wedding cake:http://www.projectwedding.com/vendor/ww_photo/a-wedding-cake-of-oxford?o=3
Bathroom: http://www.glasscreek.com/Web%20Pages/Photo%20Gallery.htm
Diamond Ring: http://www.heathermccurdy.com/archives/trips/florida_2010/index.html (10 pics down the page)
Yard Statue: http://www.acultivatednest.com/2012/02/how-many-garden-cherubs-are-too-many/ (half-way down the page)

Does anyone else have info on a debunked identity?

Ricki
02-20-2012, 11:55 AM
I do not have a twitter account. I did check out some tweets through the net. Just confusing as who may be who and who's a caylee warrior or is pro Casey. This thread should be most interesting.

KarmaGet'em
02-22-2012, 11:30 AM
Sleuthers out there....

I saw the front page of a twitter account (@***************) that is protected, so I do
not know if it is real, BUT the picture for that user is a picture of KC that I have never seen before. Has anyone else ever seen this pic? or is it the real KC?

NavySubMom
02-22-2012, 11:52 AM
[quote=KarmaGet'em;7625839]

(nevermind -- I don't want to give FCA supporters any more free publicity.)

NavySubMom
02-22-2012, 01:26 PM
IMO, I wish this thread/section/forum or whatever it is called was in the Parking Lot, IMO most of the FB and twitter accts. are orchestrated by someone with vested $$$$ interest in FCA to keep her current and talked about, just waiting for her big debut post-probation, and her supporters, and FCA herself. I hesitate to ever bring stuff here or talk about this stuff here because that is what these people WANT, and I personally don't want to contribute to it. I lurk everywhere, but I don't FB post or tweet about FCA. I want her pics and vids to come out and NOBODY talk about them anywhere or post them here, there, and everywhere. I personally don't want to bring links to pics here or the pics themselves, or talk much more about FCA twitter or FB (I realize I have already done this, but don't want to anymore, and I hesitated posting what I posted here about it). or vids or links, etc. That is what all of this scuttlebutt is about, eventually FCA's minor payday....... , I think the ship has long sailed for the BIG payday, unless she goes overseas, I read she can always get a big payday over there. IMO, MOO, etc.

KarmaGet'em
02-22-2012, 02:23 PM
Removed the reference.
I am sorry.
I did not mean to offend.

slinking back to my lurking chair now. :lurk:

Omachka
02-22-2012, 03:45 PM
Removed the reference.
I am sorry.

:therethere: You didn't offend, KarmaGet'em, nor did you do anything wrong, but after reading NavySubMom's post, I tend to think she's right. I would like to be able to discuss some of the things we are finding and to debunk the fake family member accounts but it might be better if it were downstairs.

Having a rumor/social network forum for some of the other open missing person cases is probably a great idea so that sleuthing them may lead to finding someone, but this case is different. I don't want to feed the leeches.

NavySubMom
02-22-2012, 04:06 PM
Removed the reference.
I am sorry.

KarmaGet'em, you absolutely did not offend me at all, and anyway, it is not my forum or place to be offended,

I read your post and I follow these same folks, I saw what you were referencing earlier today, so I then posted some other twit names after you, and just personally had 2nd thoughts about it so I myself just felt better deleting what I posted. and as I mentioned I already have in the past posted some FB page names generically and specifically, but wanted to say that I each time I post something I hesitate, I personally don't want to post anything in these threads to give FCA more free publicity, since these posts are public, for the reasons I stated in my post above.

I just was posting my wish that all of this stuff was in the Parking Lot, just IMO, my Personal opinion, and no one has to agree with me at all,

But I was NOT at all targeting what you specifically or anyone else posts here, just for me, I'm not comfortable doing it and I don't plan to anymore.

IMO, MOO, etc.

TotallyObsessed
02-22-2012, 06:40 PM
IMO, I wish this thread/section/forum or whatever it is called was in the Parking Lot, IMO most of the FB and twitter accts. are orchestrated by someone with vested $$$$ interest in FCA to keep her current and talked about, just waiting for her big debut post-probation, and her supporters, and FCA herself. I hesitate to ever bring stuff here or talk about this stuff here because that is what these people WANT, and I personally don't want to contribute to it. I lurk everywhere, but I don't FB post or tweet about FCA. I want her pics and vids to come out and NOBODY talk about them anywhere or post them here, there, and everywhere. I personally don't want to bring links to pics here or the pics themselves, or talk much more about FCA twitter or FB (I realize I have already done this, but don't want to anymore, and I hesitated posting what I posted here about it). or vids or links, etc. That is what all of this scuttlebutt is about, eventually FCA's minor payday....... , I think the ship has long sailed for the BIG payday, unless she goes overseas, I read she can always get a big payday over there. IMO, MOO, etc.

You are right. Also, they LURVE, LURVE, LURVE to copy and carry out post out onto twitter for their entertainment. Makes me mad.

KarmaGet'em
02-26-2012, 03:05 PM
OK, so I think I can debunk the 1986MissingCays twitter account.

This person has been real busy trying to prove their identity. He/she has posted a number
of pics.

One was a picture of an aquarium. Straight from
http://live-amazon-aquarium-plants.seebyseeing.net/ (2nd row from bottom)

Another pic was "proof" that they were Casey by showing a picture of a yahoo mail account that said "Hi, Casey Anthony" and with a comment saying "Now you know my name and who I am. I have had 12 DMs asking if I am Casey.". Where they errored was by displaying the URL to the yahoo page:
"uk.mg40.mail.yahoo.com/neo/launch?...."
Now, my yahoo mail URL begins with "us.mg5.yahoo.com" because I live in the US. This fake Casey is in the UK. Hmmmmmm.

A third pic was a picture of a necklace being worn by someone. Well that someone (face was not shown) did not have the necessary moles.

I also saw this person "conversing" with twitter accounts allegedly belonging to Kristina C, Dante S and Mark H. However, their accounts were pretty new and had not sent any tweets. So fake Casey was talking to nobody.

So.... IMO.... This account is debunked.

KarmaGet'em
02-26-2012, 09:32 PM
<snip>

Another pic was "proof" that they were Casey by showing a picture of a yahoo mail account that said "Hi, Casey Anthony" and with a comment saying "Now you know my name and who I am. I have had 12 DMs asking if I am Casey.". Where they errored was by displaying the URL to the yahoo page:
"uk.mg40.mail.yahoo.com/neo/launch?...."
Now, my yahoo mail URL begins with "us.mg5.yahoo.com" because I live in the US. This fake Casey is in the UK. Hmmmmmm.

<snip>

LOL - this fake Casey must read here. :seeya: Suddenly that pic of "her" yahoo account disappeared. Hmmmmmm. :floorlaugh: