Sex: Female
Race: White
Hair: Sandy
Eyes: Blue
Height: 5'2" (157 cm)
Weight: 110 lbs (50 kg)
Missing From: ZELIENOPLE, PA, United States
Non-Family Abduction

Michelle was last seen at her job after school. Michelle left her job to go to the store located a half block away and never returned. She has not been seen or heard from since.

Zelienople Police Department (Pennsylvania) - 1-724-287-7769

link
http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/PubCaseSearchServlet?act=viewPoster&caseNum=601875&orgPrefix=NCMC&searchLang=en_US

Usher737
09-22-2006, 05:05 PM
25 years later, disappearance still a mystery

Friday, September 22, 2006

By Jim McKinnon, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

The disappearance a quarter century ago of Michele Reidenbach continues to stump police in Butler County and beyond. Today is the 25th anniversary of the 16-year-old Seneca Valley High School senior's disappearance.

Continue at link:
http://www.postgazette.com/pg/06265/724058-54.stm

lostwithoutyou
09-23-2006, 08:17 AM
Police Probe Missing Girl Case 25 Years Later

(KDKA) ZELIENOPLE Pennsylvania State Police are still investigating the disappearance of a teenager from Zelienople 25 years later.

Michele Reidenbach, 16, a student at Seneca Valley High School, went missing on September 22, 1981.

State Police say she showed up for work at an appliance store and went to the drug store to buy cold medicine while on a break.

Police say itís unclear if she ever returned to work.

Anyone with information is asked to call Butler State Police at 724-284-8100, the Zelienople Police Department at 724-452-3003 or the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children at 1-800-843-5678.

www.kdka.com (http://www.kdka.com)

Pdoe
12-30-2006, 04:10 PM
Does anybody know any of the details of this case? Who might have been questioned? Any boyfriends etc?

Usher737
01-04-2007, 03:31 PM
Problem is LE didnt take her disappearance seriously at first and precious time was lost. I dont think they interviewed that many people. She did have a boyfriend at the time but he was ruled out. I believe foul play is involved and she was approached by someone in the supermarket parking lot. I just find it odd that no witness ever came forward with more information.

Charley Projest has a very good summary

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/r/reidenbach_michele.html

Mr. E
01-04-2007, 03:48 PM
There is no mention that anybody at the job she was supposed to return to called her family to report that she didn't return to work. She was only on a break, for Pete's sake. Wouldn't they call her home and ask about her if she didn't return? It seems suspicious to me that they didn't. Who else was working there? Was that person accounted for when she went on break?

Was the supermarket on the way back to her job, or did she run another errand after visiting the pharmacy? If it's out of the way, why did she go there?

I would think either someone from her job knows something, or she met someone undesirable at the pharmacy.

Usher737
01-04-2007, 05:06 PM
I agree with you Mr. E. I have been back and forth on this between her job and the pharmacy. Suposedly LE had confirmation that she made it to the pharmacy. I am not sure who places her in the supermarket parking lot. I also dont know the proximity to the parking lot from the pharmacy. Was the supermarket located by the pharmacy or on her way back to work ?

Perhaps she did return to work after the pharmacy and an employee harmed her.

ihadcabinfever
01-24-2007, 11:22 PM
MICHELE REIDENBACH Missing: Sep 22, 1981 ZELIENOPLE, PA

MICHELE REIDENBACH
DOB: Dec 29, 1964
Missing: Sep 22, 1981
Age at time: 16
Age Now: 39
Sex: Female
Race: White
Hair: Sandy
Eyes: Blue
Height: 5'2" (157 cm)
Weight: 110 lbs (50 kg)
Missing From: ZELIENOPLE, PA, United States
Non-Family Abduction

Michelle was last seen at her job after school. Michelle left her job to go to the store located a half block away and never returned. She has not been seen or heard from since.

Zelienople Police Department (Pennsylvania) - 1-724-287-7769

link
http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/PubCaseSearchServlet?act=viewPoster&caseNum=601875&orgPrefix=NCMC&searchLang=en_US

this case is similar
http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/910dfin.html
Tricia Lynn Reitler

WholeLottaRosie
01-25-2007, 01:11 AM
on The Charley Project it says she was a chain smoker at the time of her dissapearance, but, when she ran out to the pharmacy she left her belongings including her cigarettes her job. Odd, most smokers I know, cold or not , would take the cigs to cop a smoke on the way there and or back. Just a thought that struck me as odd.

ihadcabinfever
02-06-2007, 06:05 PM
I agree with you Mr. E. I have been back and forth on this between her job and the pharmacy. Suposedly LE had confirmation that she made it to the pharmacy. I am not sure who places her in the supermarket parking lot. I also dont know the proximity to the parking lot from the pharmacy. Was the supermarket located by the pharmacy or on her way back to work ?

Perhaps she did return to work after the pharmacy and an employee harmed her.

http://www.wpxi.com/target11/1959465/detail.html

Fred Landay said, "She was a good girl. She was a nice girl."

Landay was the owner of the appliance store where Michelle worked.

Landay said, "I didn't see her that day. She was working upstairs doing envelopes for a private sale and she just never came back. She left her purse and just never came back."

Over the years, police questioned several people, including Reidenbach's boyfriend. Police ruled him out after he passed a lie detector test.

Mischa
02-07-2007, 09:10 AM
on The Charley Project it says she was a chain smoker at the time of her dissapearance, but, when she ran out to the pharmacy she left her belongings including her cigarettes her job. Odd, most smokers I know, cold or not , would take the cigs to cop a smoke on the way there and or back. Just a thought that struck me as odd.Well,but if you got a bad cough or sore throat, this will probably limitate even a chain smoker's longing for a cigarette (at least for a while)

M.

monkalup
11-22-2008, 07:24 PM
Police Probe Missing Girl Case 25 Years Later
(KDKA) ZELIENOPLE Pennsylvania State Police are still investigating the disappearance of a teenager from Zelienople 25 years later.

Michele Reidenbach, 16, a student at Seneca Valley High School, went missing on September 22, 1981.

State Police say she showed up for work at an appliance store and went to the drug store to buy cold medicine while on a break.

Police say itís unclear if she ever returned to work.

Anyone with information is asked to call Butler State Police at 724-284-8100, the Zelienople Police Department at 724-452-3003 or the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children at 1-800-843-5678.
http://kdka.com/topstories/local_story_264120349.html

monkalup
11-22-2008, 07:25 PM
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06265/724058-54.stm

25 years later, disappearance still a mystery
Friday, September 22, 2006

By Jim McKinnon, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

The disappearance a quarter century ago of Michele Reidenbach continues to stump police in Butler County and beyond.

Today is the 25th anniversary of the 16-year-old Seneca Valley High School senior's disappearance.

Bob Donaldson, Post-Gazette file photo (2001)
Kim Shuler, holding a 1981 photograph of Michele Reidenbach, and Judy Wolfe were friends of Michele, who vanished without a trace on Main Street in Zelienope on Sept. 22, 1981.
Click photo for larger image.

"There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about the case," state police Cpl. Raymond J. Melder said yesterday.

Cpl. Melder, a native of Butler County, had been on the job for about a year when Michele was reported missing. Though he was not involved in the investigation back then, he was familiar with the family, all of Harmony, and he knew about the case.

Michele was a responsible teenager. She worked part time at the former Mel Den's Appliance Store in Zelienople. She was devoted to an older sister who was paralyzed and in the hospital.

On that rainy Tuesday when she was last seen, Michele had been to school.

Afterward, she had her senior photos taken and went to work. While there, she took a break to walk down the street to a drugstore for cold medication. She had contracted a bug.

Her late mother, Gloria, said then that she had intended to meet Michele so the two could visit her other daughter in the hospital. Gloria Reidenbach was running late, however, and went to the hospital without her younger child.

Michele was last seen at a supermarket parking lot on South Main Street in Zelienople.

Michele was 5-foot-2 and weighed 110 pounds. Her eyes are blue, her hair dark blonde.

Bob Donaldson, Post-Gazette
An age-progressed photo shows how Michele might look today.
Some of these characteristics likely have changed. Michele would be 42 Dec. 29.

Police believe Michele's case would have been handled differently now than it was 25 years ago. Investigators today begin their missing-persons probes sooner. They have and use more resources quicker as well, Cpl. Melder said.

He and Michele's siblings, he said, remain hopeful.

Michele's likeness is posted on the Internet Web site of the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children. More than 1 million other children are there as well.

Anyone with information about Michele can call Zelienople police at 724-287-7769.

birgitta_ice
12-13-2008, 08:42 PM
Problem is LE didnt take her disappearance seriously at first and precious time was lost. I dont think they interviewed that many people. She did have a boyfriend at the time but he was ruled out. I believe foul play is involved and she was approached by someone in the supermarket parking lot. I just find it odd that no witness ever came forward with more information.

Charley Projest has a very good summary

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/r/reidenbach_michele.html

A few people where questioned about her, among them where her boyfriend who later was ruled out as a suspect, there are very few informations about MIchelle Reidenbach on the internet, pretty girl, interesting case but unfortunatly very little informations about her case.

http://chatarea.com/psychicsearchformissingchildrenandadults

psychic search for missing children and adults

Kat
08-21-2010, 05:19 PM
http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=e4sqAAAAIBAJ&sjid=fF0EAAAAIBAJ&pg=3571,1959989&dq=michele-reidenbach&hl=en

19 DEC 81 article that is drawing similarities between 3 missing girls including Michelle.

passionflower
08-21-2010, 05:24 PM
I live about 25 miles away, but remember this so well.
Zelieonople is such a small country town.
Still has a Main St.
It was/is hard to see someone just disappear from there.
I never even heard a rumor about her.
My friend lives there and I will have to ask if nyone ever still looks for her???
SAD!

Kat
08-21-2010, 06:08 PM
PA PA - Toni McNatt-Chiapetta, 14, Clairton, 1981 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Here is the thread for one of the other young ladies that was referred to in the link from 1981 in Post #15.

I do wonder if there is a connection at all? The other young lady mentioned was found deceased. I haven't looked up her info.

ETA: The other girl was found Murdered. Her name was Christine Guenther.
http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=z0ENAAAAIBAJ&sjid=n20DAAAAIBAJ&pg=4064,6486790&dq=christine-guenther&hl=en

Kat
09-24-2010, 06:53 PM
Bump

Michele has been missing almost 29 years soon. Come home soon.

Grifynne
09-23-2011, 10:42 PM
This case interests me. I am from that area, in fact I went to the same High School Michele did (actually we share the same name, only mine uses an extra "L", but I digress). Even though I am younger than she would be today, I really wonder what happened to her.

The area she went missing from has, to my knowledge, always been a very clean town. If someone goes missing it is a really big deal. Even now, as someone else stated, it is still very much a small town. I think residents like it that way, so it pretty much has sustained with just a little bit of growth but nothing significant (at least in my time). I go up there every week and have a number of friends and family members in that area.

I suppose that because this happened decades ago, it is difficult to research much on the internet. Although it seems like there are a number of even older cases that have many more details to work with, which makes me wonder if it was someone who knew her or was local to the area that knew where to go and how to keep everything on the down low.

There is a highway, route 79, not too far from there. I wonder if someone could have abducted her then got to 79 (which would have taken a matter of 3 or 4 minutes). That could have given them a way to get far pretty fast, as long as the highway was there then. She went missing the year before I was born, so I am not entirely familiar with the lay of the land then. Now someone could easily get to route 79, head to a nearby community called Cranberry and get right on the turnpike which could take them out of the state or at the very least, very far away.

Is it maybe possible she met with foul play and was dumped far off somewhere, possibly a Jane Doe (or yet undiscovered missing person). I hate to think that, but with so many years having passed and considering what little I have learned about her situation, it seems hard to believe she would just up and leave without a word.

I would love to hear more on this if anyone has information or an opinion on the case. Not sure if these will help, but here are some Google Maps for the area:

Here is the Google Map of Zelie

This map takes a drive down Main Street (just keep clicking forward to travel into town)

Richard
09-24-2011, 05:03 PM
This case interests me. I am from that area, in fact I went to the same High School Michele did ...
...I go up there every week and have a number of friends and family members in that area.

I suppose that because this happened decades ago, it is difficult to research much on the internet. Although it seems like there are a number of even older cases that have many more details to work with, which makes me wonder if it was someone who knew her or was local to the area that knew where to go and how to keep everything on the down low....

Thanks for your post on Michele's case. It has now been 30 years since she went missing. Perhaps there will be an "anniversary" article in some of the local newspapers.

You are in a good position to actually do some good research and to help in getting information to internet sites where other researchers can look into Michele's case and possibly solve it.

When I first posted her case here on Websleuths in 2004 (see above), you can see how much there was available. There have since been some articles and links to other websites posted.

To really dig into this case, you would need to check out local libraries for bound copies of newspapers, or microfilm files of them. There often is a wealth of information in those types of files, which will only make it to the internet if folks like you post it.

Thanks for the map link. I have always learned so much more about any case when I looked at a map and located the places mentioned in narratives.

Grifynne
09-24-2011, 10:04 PM
Thank you, Richard. As soon as I get the opportunity, I will pay a visit to the Zelie library. I am more than happy to help gather information if I can. I am not in LE or anything like that so my access will be limited, but maybe I can dig up some better details to share with the web crowd. And if there is anything anyone would like to know about the local area or anything that I might be able to find, please let me know.

Richard
09-26-2011, 09:00 AM
Thank you, Richard. As soon as I get the opportunity, I will pay a visit to the Zelie library. I am more than happy to help gather information if I can. I am not in LE or anything like that so my access will be limited, but maybe I can dig up some better details to share with the web crowd. And if there is anything anyone would like to know about the local area or anything that I might be able to find, please let me know.

Best of luck in your research.

You might try contacting Jim McKinnon, who wrote the 25 year anniversary article in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, to see if he can suggest other sources and articles.

Grifynne
09-26-2011, 11:04 AM
Thanks again, Richard! That is a really good idea. I will do that. I really appreciate your help. It gives me a place to start! :)

Grifynne
10-17-2011, 08:51 AM
Since I haven't had an opportunity to get to the library yet, I thought I would take a few moments to see what I could dig up on Google's news archive. Here is what I found so far:

Bleak Holiday for Missing Girl's Mom (http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=JNVRAAAAIBAJ&sjid=_m0DAAAAIBAJ&dq=michele%20reidenbach%20g%3Alocpennsylvania&pg=3170%2C4628358) - A November 25th, 1981 Pittsburgh Post Gazette article discussing Michele's disappearance

2 Missing Girls Spell 2 Empty Christmases (http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=e4sqAAAAIBAJ&sjid=fF0EAAAAIBAJ&dq=michele%20reidenbach%20g%3Alocpennsylvania&pg=3571%2C1959989) - A December 19th, 1981 Pittsburgh Press article discussing the disappearance of Michele as well as Tony Lynn McNatt.

25 Years Later, Disappearance Still a Mystery (http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06265/724058-54.stm) - A September 22nd, 2006 article revisiting the disappearance (I believe this one was already linked somewhere else, but I'm adding it here just in case).

I'm still hoping there is more to find at the local library. I may be able to get there before the end of this week.

Grifynne
10-17-2011, 09:03 AM
After reading the first article again, I noticed that it is supposed to be continued on page 3. I do not see the rest of the story there or in any of the other pages I checked in that paper (you can scroll through or choose a page to view). I have an unhappy 1 year old nephew that needs me at the moment, so if anyone else happens to find the rest of the story within the paper, I would really appreciate it if you could link it. Google has a little link feature in the upper, right hand corner. Just click the linking link (sorry, couldn't think of a better way to say it :P) and then click on the story headline and copy the link it gives you (for anyone who hasn't used Google's news archive before).

Richard
10-18-2011, 03:21 PM
Since I haven't had an opportunity to get to the library yet, I thought I would take a few moments to see what I could dig up on Google's news archive. Here is what I found so far:

Bleak Holiday for Missing Girl's Mom (http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=JNVRAAAAIBAJ&sjid=_m0DAAAAIBAJ&dq=michele%20reidenbach%20g%3Alocpennsylvania&pg=3170%2C4628358) - A November 25th, 1981 Pittsburgh Post Gazette article discussing Michele's disappearance

2 Missing Girls Spell 2 Empty Christmases (http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=e4sqAAAAIBAJ&sjid=fF0EAAAAIBAJ&dq=michele%20reidenbach%20g%3Alocpennsylvania&pg=3571%2C1959989) - A December 19th, 1981 Pittsburgh Press article discussing the disappearance of Michele as well as Tony Lynn McNatt.

25 Years Later, Disappearance Still a Mystery (http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06265/724058-54.stm) - A September 22nd, 2006 article revisiting the disappearance (I believe this one was already linked somewhere else, but I'm adding it here just in case).

I'm still hoping there is more to find at the local library. I may be able to get there before the end of this week.

Thank you for the links and articles. The 30th anniversary of her disappearance has just passed. Have you seen any recent articles on the case?

Grifynne
10-18-2011, 10:28 PM
Sadly, I have not. A cursory Google search turns up nothing other than what was already out there from what I can see. It is sad how interest fades.

The only thing I did find was this link to her profile on the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children (http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/PubCaseSearchServlet?act=viewChildDetail&caseNum=601875&orgPrefix=NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US) that includes an age progression photo that depicts her at approximately age 45 (which is only a couple years short of her current age).

Ninka
10-26-2011, 02:16 PM
Hello,

What about Case File 431UFMD listed on the Doe Network? http://doenetwork.org/cases/431ufmd.html

The height and age could match. Date and location do not exclude a possible match. I can see a vague resemblance in the pictures. But I doubt they would not mention the extensive dental procedures in Michele's profile... What do you think?

Ninka

Grifynne
11-02-2011, 09:56 PM
There is a resemblance, although I wonder if someone was going to kill her if they would have kept her alive from the day she disappeared (Sept. 22nd, 1981) until spring of 1982? that's what, 7 months or so? Does anyone know if the estimated date of death is usually that inaccurate? I know different conditions can influence the rate of decay, but this would be the better part of a year difference, unless of course she was still alive all that time.

Ninka
11-04-2011, 08:36 AM
From what I understand, the more advanced the decay is (among other things), the more difficult it is, obviously, to estimate the date of death. But I agree with you, a seven months difference between the estimated and the actual date of death might be a little too much... And it's indeed highly unlikely - although not unheard from - that whoever killed her (if that's what happened) would have kept her alive for months.

Do you know if the possibility that she might have gone missing voluntarily has been excluded (not that her running away and then meeting with foul play seemed likely to me - just to know)?

UID's sketch stroke me as similar to Michelle's picture: nose, eyes, distance between the nose and the lips. Maybe UID's jawline is a little more round than Michelle's though. It's difficult to appreciate resemblances from only one picture. Are there other pictures of Michelle that were made public?

Sorry for my English.

Ninka

Ninka
11-04-2011, 08:39 AM
PS: I misspelled Michele's name. Sorry :)

Sleuthster
11-04-2011, 12:59 PM

Interesting. The last article (25 years later) indicates that Michele's mom was running late so she went to the hospital without her. Charlieproject however says that mom was first to notice Michele not at work at 4:55 because she went by there to see if Michele wanted to go with her to hospital. Michele had left store at 4:30 to get medicine. So if she did go by there I can see that she might not have paniced in anyway since she had not been gone very long. I did find it interesting however the discrepency.

I also find it hard to believe that a chain smoker would leave her cigarettes. I never leave mine even to drive up to the corner store in case I break down or something. Something that came to mind about this, first how did she pay for the medicine with out her purse? If she was "street wise" like stated in one of the stories I doubt she would have just walked over there with loose money.Secondly, maybe she did and maybe she saw someone she knew over at the grocery and seeing that she forgot her cigs she may have wanted to get one from them.

Really, I have a prob with that, leaving the cigs the more I think about it. When I worked, any chance that arrived (run to store, get something out of car) I jumped at the chance to smoke a cigarette. Just cant see it.

Something that came to my mind reading this, maybe she did have her purse/smokes with her and did make it back to the store.Makes you wonder.

Robin Hood
11-04-2011, 03:10 PM

From the first link - Michele was seen talking to somebody who was sat in a red car. That is where, i'll bet, she got a smoke after maybe forgetting her cigs.

Edited to add the article is continued on page 17, seems Michele got a phone call ?

Grifynne
11-04-2011, 06:39 PM
Really, I have a prob with that, leaving the cigs the more I think about it. When I worked, any chance that arrived (run to store, get something out of car) I jumped at the chance to smoke a cigarette. Just cant see it.

Something that came to my mind reading this, maybe she did have her purse/smokes with her and did make it back to the store.Makes you wonder.

Now that you mention it, that's an excellent point. I am not a smoker but my husband is, and he would be the same way. Every chance he gets he grabs a smoke. This is especially the case if he was at work and came across an opportunity to smoke a cigarette when he normally wouldn't have. Although he may on very rare occasions forget his cigarettes if we were in a hurry to go someplace, I am pretty certain he would never forget them if he was at work and got a chance to step out and smoke while running an errand (even if he was sick, he would still do it). Based on my personal experience with a smoker, I think you may be on to something.

That being said, I'm sure no two smokers are exactly the same but this does kind of make you wonder. I will have to go back through the articles, but was anything said about Michele's boss, coworkers or anyone that would have been in the building at the time she was coming and going?

Grifynne
11-04-2011, 06:46 PM
Do you know if the possibility that she might have gone missing voluntarily has been excluded (not that her running away and then meeting with foul play seemed likely to me - just to know)?

Ninka, your English is just fine :) And it is my understanding that it was unlikely she would have ran away. I don't believe she had any kind of history and from the articles I have read, she was pretty devoted to her family and disabled sister. Of course at that age, she may have been keeping things inside and away from her family that were bothering her. You never know but it didn't really sound that way to me. It's hard to tell from the little information that is there regarding her personal life.

Sleuthster
11-04-2011, 07:16 PM
Here's info on the Mel Den store (including the 2 owners names), which went out of business in 1989 and was under investigation http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=urciAAAAIBAJ&sjid=L7UFAAAAIBAJ&pg=1492,3927180&dq=zelienople+mel+den&hl=en

BTW, note there is another article with pic of one of the owners on the same page right underneath the first story. Both owners (checking intellus) where in their mid late 20's at time of her disappearance. Also, it seem that they had been investigated for some kind of fraud for changing prices? see story. I know its far fetched but could she have known too much??

Sleuthster
11-04-2011, 07:33 PM
Other stories in google and archive regarding one of the owners F.L. and how he owns another applience store now and hires ex cons and donates for a rabbi to visit prison inmates after visiting a jail and seeing that christian inmates where visited by a reverend and the jewish faith where not visited frequently. (he was supposively at the jail bailing out an employee of the store) hmmmm.
Im curious as to the contradiction still regarding that the mom came by the store at 4:55 but then the news story states she said she was running late and went to the hospital instead of going by the store. I am wondering if LE was told she came by? Maybe as an alibi that the mom came by and everyone was there working but Michele? Somethings not right there either. Also curious what color car the 2 owners had at the time , or other employees. Seems to odd to me that her purse and cigs where there and she walked to the store to buy something and was a chain smoker.

Sleuthster
11-04-2011, 08:16 PM
http://www.wpxi.com/target11/1959465/detail.html

More info

Grifynne
11-11-2011, 02:38 PM
I created a timeline using the articles and information we have so far. Please let me know if I missed anything or if anything looks incorrect. I included an actual screenshot of the article along with a short description and a link to the source.

Please note:

When you click on the images they seem a bit hard to read sometimes. If you click "show details" at the top, you can see my explanation to the right along with a "Source Image" link under the Download header. If you click the Source Image link, the image will appear much larger in the browser. You have to select an image to do this if the entry has multiple images attached to it (most only have one). Please let me know if you have any questions.

The timeline can be seen here. (http://www.capzles.com/47ad0209-1c14-420c-9baf-ae8796da9fce)

Ninka
01-08-2012, 01:26 PM
Bump for Michele

Richard
02-02-2012, 09:11 AM
There are some puzzling descrepancies in this case. Has anyone seen any 30 year anniversary articles?

websurfer
05-17-2012, 12:01 PM
First one

october

then one in
November

then in
December?

and all in the teens?
Could it be someone who frequents schools?
works in a school?
Somehow connected to schools ?

Custodian maybe?
were all the custodians looked at?
The one janitor kidnapped that other teen and kept her for many years, where was he during this time?

websurfer
02-04-2013, 08:21 AM
Would these missing people be somehow connected to any Serial Killer in that time span?

Or I was thinking that maybe the killer/kidnapper was also profiled as a missing person?
I mean what if?
A couple or even one person resposible for the missing persons of 1980 & 1981 was also the PERP?
Someone who everyone has glossed over?
Does anyone have a list of serial killers from the 1980-81 time span who could have passed through the areas of the 1981 missing females?
Just curious to know also if anyone was known to kill with blint objects?
Might be a kill;er with a pattern?
:what:

Robin Hood
02-14-2013, 04:07 AM
Bumping for Michele.

Ninka
03-27-2013, 11:54 AM
Bumping for Michele.

Grifynne
05-08-2013, 04:55 PM
I know it's been a long time since I have been around the forum much, but I still follow this case as much as I can. I am part of a group on Facebook for those who attended Seneca Valley (the school Michele attended when she disappeared). It is intended for fellow students and faculty members who have been lost over the years.

Someone made a curious comment, and I was wondering if this was something that anyone else may have heard or if it was ever considered in the investigation? I screenshotted that part of the discussion but blocked out images and names to protect privacy. Anyone can join the group I believe, so it's not like this isn't something that can't be found easily by pretty much anyone.

The comment I am referring to is at the very bottom:

http://i442.photobucket.com/albums/qq144/Grifynne/FBMicheleReidenbach_zpsf9533a97.jpg

I don't get the feeling that Michele intentionally left but I suppose stranger things have happened. I would love to learn that she is alive and well.

Roselvr
02-28-2014, 10:17 AM

From the first link - Michele was seen talking to somebody who was sat in a red car. That is where, i'll bet, she got a smoke after maybe forgetting her cigs.

Edited to add the article is continued on page 17, seems Michele got a phone call ?

Anyone looking for the rest of the article; take the blue box that's in the preview on the right; scroll it over the next page to the top right of the page after that.

Sure sounds like something is up; apparently made it back to work after running to pharmacy to get cold medicine but got a phone call & left without her purse or smokes? She worked there 4 days... The Del-Mar store closing seemed to happen years after she went missing.

It's mentioned in the post above mine that someone said she wasn't going to prom because she wasn't gonna be around could have meant anything. I looked for the group; there's too many to pick through