PDA

View Full Version : GUILTY OF FIRST DEGREE MURDER**verdict watch** 3-5-2012

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

Cammy
03-05-2012, 03:30 PM
During midnight to 6:35 a.m. it is definitely not correct.

He drove from Raleigh to Hillsville, even stopping at Cracker Barrel and made it to Hillsville in a little over 3 hours. The drive to Hillsville from when he left Raleigh at 7:30 p.m. does NOT count in the number of miles he'd have to drive from Hillsville to Raleigh to murder Michelle, and then from Raleigh to Hillsville to try to solidify his alibi. I'd say MOO, but it's a fact.

In order to fit in with the gas mileage Jason used from the time he left Raleigh, you have to count all the miles he would have driven,

MD MOMMY
03-05-2012, 03:30 PM
The defense never tried to say they were either the same or different shirts.
They showed some photos and that was that.

The inference was there IMO. Yes, they didn't directly ask but anyone could read between the lines, no matter if you thought NG or G at the time.

nursebeeme
03-05-2012, 03:32 PM
does everyone remember the rules that were posted? the back and forth snark needs to stop...

Cammy
03-05-2012, 03:32 PM
How do you see this as a positive, in what way?

If you think Jason cleaned CY's feet, then why not change her PJ's as well?

The fact her PJ's were not changed, shows me she very well could have cleaned her feet herself.

nursebeeme
03-05-2012, 03:34 PM
Rule Reminder as we head to Verdict
Good morning everybody! I'm sure everyone is eagerly waiting for the defense to rest today and the jury to be sent out.

I want to remind everyone of a few basic rules:

First - a difference of opinion is NOT a TOS violation. Cheerleading for EITHER side is not a TOS violation, BUT being snarky and disrespectful about that opinion IS.

Second - if a post offends you, ALERT it. Remember, if you respond, it is on you and you may find yourself suffering the consequences for it.

Third - we are moving toward a zero tolerance policy. That means if you are snarky and rude, you may find yourself on TO.

Fourth - the mods will NOT be taking the time to send you pm's and hash it out. You will just see that you can no longer post.

Snarkyness will include avatars and siggy lines that are being used to convey messages you know you can't outright post.

Please keep in mind that ONE side, and only ONE side is going to win here, unless we end up in another stalemate. Whatever the outcome, we will have to deal with it, whether we think it is good or bad. So please keep in mind, that means one side is going to lose. Be a good sport. Don't gloat if you are on the winning side and don't pout and be mean if you are on the losing side. Brace yourselves now in case things don't go the way you want them to.

If you have questions or concerns, PM a mod - DO NOT post them in the thread. Remember all the TOS and rules, please.

Thank you,

Salem

bumping this up..

terminatrixator
03-05-2012, 03:35 PM
johnfear, did you find anythihg about the child rapist. His was the case that really PO'd me.

http://blogs.newsobserver.com/iteam/judge-orland-hudsons-order-in-derrick-allen-case

Derrick Allen case?

justbetweenus

The fact her PJ's were not changed, shows me she very well could have cleaned her feet herself.

I wonder if she just put up such a fuss, crying that she didn't want to be put back into bed with dirty feet he had to clean them. JMO, not fact.:)

MyBelle

I doubt she could clean her feet without also getting blood onto her PJs. I'd like to know if their laundry room had a sink in it and was it tested for blood residue. I don't believe this point was ever addressed.

JMO

Madeleine74
03-05-2012, 03:36 PM
The one thing I most care about (besides justice, of course) is getting accurate info and giving accurate info to the extent I can and correcting errors I make as quickly as I find out about them.

Testimony and court documents entered into evidence are always your first line for getting accurate info. That is the #1 source if ever in doubt.

Message boards, Twitter feeds, mainstream media, and social media may give you accurate info, but then again, may not, so caveat emptor.

nursebeeme
03-05-2012, 03:36 PM
Can someone tell me, when one adds people to their 'ignore list', does it remove prior posts from those individuals? The way a 'blocked sender' list works?

Your "Ignore" list and You - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community please read here to find out more...questions about this feature also need to go here eta: we are not going to discuss the ignore feature on the verdict watch thread.

Stella5
03-05-2012, 03:37 PM
I disagree that # miles doesn't count in a trial that has gas purchases as such a critical component.

Where did I say it didn't count, it absolutely does! A specific amount of miles was posted 510, as being the number of miles of ground he'd have to cover to commit the crime and that is just not true if you are looking at the last know photo of Jason at almost midnight; and the time the camera was pointed to the ceiling 6:35 a.m. The true number is 340 if you are trying to decide if he had time to go from Hillsville to Raleigh & back again; which I am sure is a HUGE part of deliberations.

If you are considering the entire trip he used as his alibi you'd have to go a lot further with his fill up in Duffield (his last receipt), the testimony he was seen at king and that was hundreds of more miles and should be weighed & deliberated on, because that is doable too.

MOO

Lori59
03-05-2012, 03:39 PM
I'm not a huge poster....lurk mostly. I have been here years and some trials never posted. All the trials I have followed seem to have new posters come in at the end without all the knowledge of the trial and voice all that is wrong with the PT case. That has been my experience. I don't put them on ignore..everyone can opine I guess...for me, there are certain posters I respect and pay attention to their knowledge of the cases. Live and let live...

Paige SC
03-05-2012, 03:39 PM
The notion that a 2 yr old baby who witnessed her mother being bludgeoned to death somehow took the time to wash her feet by herself.. is almost as as believable to me as the possibility the 2 yr old committed the crime.

MyBelle
03-05-2012, 03:40 PM
Where did I say it didn't count, it absolutely does! A specific amount of miles was posted 510, as being the number of miles of ground he'd have to cover to commit the crime and that is just not true if you are looking at the last know photo of Jason at almost midnight; and the time the camera was pointed to the ceiling 6:35 a.m. The true number is 340 if you are trying to decide if he had time to go from Hillsville to Raleigh & back again; which I am sure is a HUGE part of deliberations.

If you are considering the entire trip he used as his alibi you'd have to go a lot further with his fill up in Duffield (his last receipt), the testimony he was seen at king and that was hundreds of more miles and should be weighed & deliberated on, because that is doable too.

MOO

You are misunderstanding the point, which was about gas purchases, the first was made in Raleigh at the beginning of his trip.

JMO

Stella5
03-05-2012, 03:42 PM
In order to fit in with the gas mileage Jason used from the time he left Raleigh, you have to count all the miles he would have driven,

Your post...
"The map makes me think they are looking at all the ground he would have had to cover and all
the driving he would have has to do.

510 miles worth."

Perhaps I took this wrong, but the "all the ground he would have had to cover" led me to believe you were talking about to commit the crime. No where did you address gas mileage, and if you haven't been following this case closely someone could have taken that 510 miles to mean that is how many miles he would have to drive there & back to murder Michelle between midnight and 6:35 a.m. and that is 170 miles over.

Now if you're speaking to gas mileage, we have to throw in his trip to Clintwood and then back to Duffield for the next gas purchase with a credit card and that is hundreds of more miles.

oceanblueeyes
03-05-2012, 03:42 PM
I sure hope the verdict comes in today.

I am on pins and needles.

PMLsmom
03-05-2012, 03:43 PM
Is our WS member back in court? If so, can you check in? Love hearing from your perspective. TIA

Stella5
03-05-2012, 03:44 PM
You are misunderstanding the point, which was about gas purchases, the first was made in Raleigh at the beginning of his trip.

JMO

No, I don't think I am... but I thank you for your opinion on what I'm thinking anyway.

SteelerGirl43
03-05-2012, 03:44 PM
The notion that a 2 yr old baby who witnessed her mother being bludgeoned to death somehow took the time to wash her feet by herself.. is almost as as believable to me as the possibility the 2 yr old committed the crime.

Her feet were cleaned & no blood in the drains... Did they ever say if MY used wipes?? Yes I know some may think thats a silly question, but some people dont use wipes.... When I worked in a daycare we had a couple people who didnt use wipes for whatever reason...
Did MF mention maybe a container of wipes missing... Some people who use wipes will buy in bulk from Sams or Costco..

gracielee
03-05-2012, 03:45 PM
http://blogs.newsobserver.com/iteam/judge-orland-hudsons-order-in-derrick-allen-case

Derrick Allen case?

Thanks, I will have to go back and google the news articles. I see Frieda Black was one of the prosecutors on this case. This does sound like it could be the one, but we have had so very many child abuse/child rape cases, it's hard to keep them all straight. thank you

Paige SC
03-05-2012, 03:46 PM
Her feet were cleaned & no blood in the drains... Did they ever say if MY used wipes?? Yes I know some may think thats a silly question, but some people dont use wipes.... When I worked in a daycare we had a couple people who didnt use wipes for whatever reason...
Did MF mention maybe a container of wipes missing... Some people who use wipes will buy in bulk from Sams or Costco..

Her feet were clean b/c her daddy hosed them off in the yard, IMHO.

nursebeeme
03-05-2012, 03:47 PM
Your "Ignore" list and You - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90578) please read here to find out more...questions about this feature also need to go here eta: we are not going to discuss the ignore feature on the verdict watch thread.

:tos:

seattlechiquita
03-05-2012, 03:47 PM

Bravo. :rocker:

Grammy Jean
03-05-2012, 03:49 PM
[QUOTE=SteelerGirl43;7663676]Her feet were cleaned & no blood in the drains... Did they ever say if MY used wipes?? Yes I know some may think thats a silly question, but some people dont use wipes.... When I worked in a daycare we had a couple people who didnt use wipes for whatever reason...
Did MF mention maybe a container of wipes missing... Some people who use wipes will buy in bulk from Sams or Costco..[/QUOT

IMO I think wipes were used and some wash cloths or towels to dry, and JY bagged all this with the other things he had to get rid of.

MD MOMMY

While I don't personally think CY cleaned her own feet, I would see this as being more plausible then anything else...the wipes that is. I can't imagine she could clean her feet at that age without soaking her fleece PJ's at the same time. I've raised two children and neither of mine could have done that at 2 but they could use a rag or wipes. Fleece takes forever to dry as it is let alone air drying while she was wearing them. I also think at that age she would have just taken her pants off if they were wet from washing and I can't imagine her washing without soaking the bottom half of her PJ's. JMO

And let's just say she did clean herself up with wipes/rags etc. where did they go?

Cammy
Your post...
"The map makes me think they are looking at all the ground he would have had to cover and all
the driving he would have has to do.

510 miles worth."

Perhaps I took this wrong, but the "all the ground he would have had to cover" led me to believe you were talking about to commit the crime. No where did you address gas mileage, and if you haven't been following this case closely someone could have taken that 510 miles to mean that is how many miles he would have to drive there & back to murder Michelle between midnight and 6:35 a.m. and that is 170 miles over.

Now if you're speaking to gas mileage, we have to throw in his trip to Clintwood and then back to Duffield for the next gas purchase with a credit card and that is hundreds of more miles.

I am talking about how many miles Jason would have had to drive before and directly after the murder...........510 miles.

My post stands.

octobermoon
03-05-2012, 03:50 PM
sitting on hands.

fromageball
03-05-2012, 03:50 PM

I remember testimony about CY's footprints in the bathroom and testing the drains for presence of blood, and one thing that stuck out to me was that there were no hand prints in the sink or bathtub. I will have to go back and see who testified to that...does anyone else remember? It seems like if she were to clean herself up, that she would at least need to hold herself steady to do it.

So to me that would indicate that either someone cleaned her up, or that she was cleaned up elsewhere(or removed from the house)...my issue with someone cleaning her up in her bathroom is that I would think there would be adult foot prints or that CY's prints would at least be smeared by someone else being in the bathroom with her.

SteelerGirl43
03-05-2012, 03:52 PM
I have some questions....

So lets say that JY did clean her up... Did he put her back in her bed or their bed?? I know she was found in their bed... Could she get in and out of their bed without any problems? I know when my niece was her age she was a tiny lil old thing & had trouble getting in and out of my sisters bed.....
So if he put her back in their bed are we saying she stayed in that bed for all those hours without getting down... Did he put those shoes in the bed with her? Or did she get out and get the shoes? So Im wondering if she got in her mommys blood one time why not after the killer left......

indicat
03-05-2012, 03:53 PM
sitting on hands.

Lol, me too, been doing that thru this trial, until I didnt, going back to it now....

Paige SC
I remember testimony about CY's footprints in the bathroom and testing the drains for presence of blood, and one thing that stuck out to me was that there were no hand prints in the sink or bathtub. I will have to go back and see who testified to that...does anyone else remember? It seems like if she were to clean herself up, that she would at least need to hold herself steady to do it.

So to me that would indicate that either someone cleaned her up, or that she was cleaned up elsewhere(or removed from the house)...my issue with someone cleaning her up in her bathroom is that I would think there would be adult foot prints or that CY's prints would at least be smeared by someone else being in the bathroom with her.

That's why I believe the clean up was done outside with the garden hose.

Stella5
I am talking about how many miles Jason would have had to drive before and directly after the murder...........510 miles.

My post stands.

Well in that case, 510 miles in 11 hours is way more than doable.... drive time would be 7.5 hours giving him 3.5 hours of "free time".

cody100
03-05-2012, 03:56 PM

My post stands.

hey Cammy. You are counting the original trip from Raleigh to Hillsville plus a roundtrip back to Raleigh and then back to Hillsville. Just the mileage back to Raleigh and then return to Hillsville is 340. MOO

SteelerGirl43
03-05-2012, 03:56 PM
[QUOTE=SteelerGirl43;7663676]Her feet were cleaned & no blood in the drains... Did they ever say if MY used wipes?? Yes I know some may think thats a silly question, but some people dont use wipes.... When I worked in a daycare we had a couple people who didnt use wipes for whatever reason...
Did MF mention maybe a container of wipes missing... Some people who use wipes will buy in bulk from Sams or Costco..[/QUOT

IMO I think wipes were used and some wash cloths or towels to dry, and JY bagged all this with the other things he had to get rid of.

Does MF know or did she say if any towels or wash clothes were missing... You know like if she had a set & the blue wc was messing or the purple towel was missing from a set...

johnfear
03-05-2012, 03:57 PM
Thanks, I will have to go back and google the news articles. I see Frieda Black was one of the prosecutors on this case. This does sound like it could be the one, but we have had so very many child abuse/child rape cases, it's hard to keep them all straight. thank you

This one sort of looks correct. I can't google any more for Durham child rape cases today. I just had lunch and it's making me queasy. I had no idea how bad it was regarding children in this area.

SteelerGirl43
03-05-2012, 03:57 PM
That's why I believe the clean up was done outside with the garden hose.

Was the sidewalk ever checked for blood?? Was the grass around that area checked for blood?

Lori59
03-05-2012, 03:59 PM
[quote=Grammy Jean;7663695]

Does MF know or did she say if any towels or wash clothes were missing... You know like if she had a set & the blue wc was messing or the purple towel was missing from a set...

I have to say, I am the only one in my home that does the washing and I would even have a hard time saying if a towel was missing since I have so many.

Cammy

It's hard to think that someone would take her outside in freezing weather and clean her feet under a hose without getting her PJ's wet also.

justbetweenus
sitting on hands.

LOL how are you able to refresh?

refreshrefreshrefresh.

Grammy Jean
03-05-2012, 04:01 PM

I am pretty certain that MF would not be able to know that. I go over my daughter's house several tims a week to help with kids etc. but I sure would never know if a blue wash cloth or purple towel was missing.

gracielee
03-05-2012, 04:01 PM
The way I see it, if wipes were used to clean up CY, or if it was a washcloth, they have all gone the way of the bloody clothes and shoes or we'd have heard about them in testimony. I'm one of those who doesn't believe she was taken from the house, CY that is. The medicine bottle and dropper were found in her bedroom, so I think that is where she was put down to sleep. JMO And yes, I think ( MOO ), CY could get in and out of her mothers bed. JMO, but my own children could and my grandchildren can. Sometimes they may have to climb to do it, but they are like little monkey's at that age.

Cammy
03-05-2012, 04:03 PM
hey Cammy. You are counting the original trip from Raleigh to Hillsville plus a roundtrip back to Raleigh and then back to Hillsville. Just the mileage back to Raleigh and then return to Hillsville is 340. MOO

Yes, I know that.
You have to take into consideration all the miles he would have to drive:
510 miles, then another
145 miles to Clintwood
183 miles to Brevard

Cammy
03-05-2012, 04:04 PM
Was the sidewalk ever checked for blood?? Was the grass around that area checked for blood?

Yep, and not a trace of blood was found.

octobermoon
03-05-2012, 04:05 PM
LOL how are you able to refresh?

refreshrefreshrefresh.

Toes

I am very bendy, (that's not a word) :D

Cammy
03-05-2012, 04:06 PM
Are there any courtroom updates?

In Sessions is over.

gngr~snap
03-05-2012, 04:06 PM

I don't know but in the crime scene photos on the back of the house where the hose faucet was the house was wet from the ground about 2(ish) ft up on the brick and the side walk as well. I found both sides of that corner of the house being wet ODD!

Paige SC
03-05-2012, 04:07 PM

Which doesn't mean the hose wasn't used in the clean up. It simply means the physical evidence supporting the theory doesn't exist. It wouldn't be impossible to wash away blood evidence if enough water was used.

cody100
Yes, I know that.
You have to take into consideration all the miles he would have to drive:
510 miles, then another
145 miles to Clintwood
183 miles to Brevard

Yes, that is a lot of mileage to cover. I missed your earlier post. My power is out, I am at Panera eating nice lunch and back on line. Apparently someone hit a power pole. LOL

I saw that number before, and it would seem reasonable. So what is going on with the jury?

iucpa
Is our WS member back in court? If so, can you check in? Love hearing from your perspective. TIA

No. Sorry. Duty called and I had to get back to work... I'll be able to go back down when the verdict comes out tomorrow...

;)

nursebeeme
03-05-2012, 04:08 PM
http://www.wral.com/specialreports/michelleyoung/?sc_int_cid=2012_02_young_trial_226
updates:
there are tweets here on the full coverage page (however read them at your own risk as quite a few are not from main stream media and are questionable at best)

Grammy Jean
The way I see it, if wipes were used to clean up CY, or if it was a washcloth, they have all gone the way of the bloody clothes and shoes or we'd have heard about them in testimony. I'm one of those who doesn't believe she was taken from the house, CY that is. The medicine bottle and dropper were found in her bedroom, so I think that is where she was put down to sleep. JMO And yes, I think ( MOO ), CY could get in and out of her mothers bed. JMO, but my own children could and my grandchildren can. Sometimes they may have to climb to do it, but they are like little monkey's at that age.

I think the same way as you. I believe after JY cleaned her up he gave her the new fruit snacks (medicine) rocked her in the recliner, told her Mommy had boo boos and needed to rest, then told her a story of barnyard animals , and as she got drowsy, he put her in her bed, turned on the cd player, and left with the bag of stuff he needed to ditch. I think CY slept for about 8 hours then got up took her little shoes into her mommy's room and got in the bed. The blood would be dry by this point.

hindsight2020
Beth Karas InSession 3:07pm
Jurors want to break at 4:45 pm if they do not reach a verdict today.

iucpa
03-05-2012, 04:09 PM
sitting on hands.

I don't want to know what you're typing with.

Lucylu7
Have not been posting , but have been following this trial as best as possible,didn't see all of it but did see a good portion of it,definitely leaning to the guilty side,,I remember this case from when it happened in 2006,it got lots of media coverage then.Poor Michelle and Rylen,she took a terrible beating.Hoping for justice for them but after the CA case nothing would surprise me.

RaleighNC

I know a lot of things about my family- but their towel sets isn't one of them

:woohoo:

NCEast
Judge just read note from the jury....they want to stop today at 4:45 if a unanimous verdict has not been reached by then.

Cammy
03-05-2012, 04:10 PM
Wow, just read that too from Twitter at WRAL

That is only another hour and a half.

Looks like they are stuck on something.

azwildcat
03-05-2012, 04:11 PM
I am pretty certain that MF would not be able to know that. I go over my daughter's house several tims a week to help with kids etc. but I sure would never know if a blue wash cloth or purple towel was missing.

I'm not even sure I'd know in my own house. We have a few sets where I'd know if something was missing, but we also have nearly half a linen closet full of old mismatched towels of different shapes and sizes that I don't keep track of.

jrb0124
03-05-2012, 04:11 PM

There was a conversation about this in this very forum. It did rain an impressive 2+ inches on 11/7, from which LE could have made an assumption that any trace of blood had been washed away.

However, there are techniques to recover blood after heavy rainfall and passage of time.

Then the argument was between protected and unprotected (in this case) soil.

In short, its likely that the rain would have made recovering blood very difficult (if it existed there).

MD MOMMY
03-05-2012, 04:12 PM

Right and the hose was run. This reminds me of something. A few years ago the sump pump in our house was running non stop despite us not getting any abnormal rain fall. I called the county because I knew something was not right, I was thinking maybe there was a water main break or something affecting us. The county came out and took a water sample from our sump pump maintaining that chlorine would be found in the well if there was a leak. Anyway they took a sample and told us there was no chlorine found. Still not believing them I called a company that specializes in water testing. I was informed the ground/soil acts as a natural filter and the county wouldn't find any chlorine in our sump pump well because of what I stated above. Fast forward to a couple months later when outside of my house I noticed the sidewalk was wet(we had not had rain in a week) I called the county. They came out and dropped a tablet in the water on the sidewalk...low and behold the water turned RED which means chlorine was present. Indeed they had a water main leak in front of our house which was making my sump pump run NON STOP.

My point is I wonder what else the soil can filter out especially when a hose has been run or it rains. JMO.

octobermoon
I don't want to know what you're typing with.

:what: :)

fromageball
It's hard to think that someone would take her outside in freezing weather and clean her feet under a hose without getting her PJ's wet also.

I agree. If someone removed her, I think they removed her from the premises and took her...somewhere else. NO idea where that could be though!

Unless, of course, as MyBelle mentioned, were all of the drains in the house tested for blood? I remember testimony about CY's bathroom and the master but nothing else IIRC.

Or someone could have used wipes and bagged them up before leaving. Thinking about it I don't see why someone wouldn't have just cleaned her up in the bathroom since there were already prints in there. The details do not make sense to me.

SteelerGirl43
[quote=SteelerGirl43;7663720]

I have to say, I am the only one in my home that does the washing and I would even have a hard time saying if a towel was missing since I have so many.

I would know if one of my set were broken up... Maybe MF did...

iucpa
03-05-2012, 04:13 PM
I'm thinking they may be having difficulty getting to a unanimous verdict by now. It sure isn't a slam dunk either way or they'd be out by now.

Cammy
03-05-2012, 04:13 PM
No. Sorry. Duty called and I had to get back to work... I'll be able to go back down when the verdict comes out tomorrow...

;)

I think they are going to hang again...........jmo.

SteelerGirl43
03-05-2012, 04:15 PM
Right and the hose was run. This reminds me of something. A few years ago the sump pump in our house was running non stop despite us not getting any abnormal rain fall. I called the county because I knew something was not right, I was thinking maybe there was a water main break or something affecting us. The county came out and took a water sample from our sump pump maintaining that chlorine would be found in the well if there was a leak. Anyway they took a sample and told us there was no chlorine found. Still not believing them I called a company that specializes in water testing. I was informed the ground/soil acts as a natural filter and the county wouldn't find any chlorine in our sump pump well because of what I stated above. Fast forward to a couple months later when outside of my house I noticed the sidewalk was wet(we had not had rain in a week) I called the county. They came out and dropped a tablet in the water on the sidewalk...low and behold the water turned RED which means chlorine was present. Indeed they had a water main leak in front of our house which was making my sump pump run NON STOP.

My point is I wonder what else the soil can filter out especially when a hose has been run or it rains. JMO.

That hose doesnt look like it had been running for hrs.. Its just a small area..... It had to be a small leak... Was the grass soggy??

Cammy
03-05-2012, 04:15 PM
I'm thinking they may be having difficulty getting to a unanimous verdict by now. It sure isn't a slam dunk either way or they'd be out by now.

Agree.......just wonder what it is though!!

gracielee
03-05-2012, 04:16 PM
This one sort of looks correct. I can't google any more for Durham child rape cases today. I just had lunch and it's making me queasy. I had no idea how bad it was regarding children in this area.

That's why I was upset by the dismissal of the case. :( Yes, this area is horrible for children. IMO

Cammy
03-05-2012, 04:16 PM
There was a conversation about this in this very forum. It did rain an impressive 2+ inches on 11/7, from which LE could have made an assumption that any trace of blood had been washed away.

However, there are techniques to recover blood after heavy rainfall and passage of time.

In short, its likely that the rain would have made recovering blood very difficult (if it existed there).

Lol, I can't believe there were ever any arguments here. :wink:

Just kidding.

NCB
03-05-2012, 04:17 PM
Jury wants a 20 minute recess.

itism3
03-05-2012, 04:17 PM
ABC is back on.
http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/livenow?id=8323913

20 minute recess.

Do you think they have come to a decision and they just want to take a recess before they commit to their decision?

nursebeeme
03-05-2012, 04:18 PM

there is a ton of evidence to cover... (none of which by itself was a slam dunk imhoo):moo:

I am sure it is very difficult to process all this info for them..

Boodles
03-05-2012, 04:18 PM

They have a big back yard. Who's to say the cleanup was done on the sidewalk or on the grass next to the sidewalk. Check out photo #13.

http://www.wral.com/specialreports/michelleyoung/image_gallery/9727548/

NCEast
03-05-2012, 04:19 PM
Now the jury wants to take a 20 minute break. I am feeling a verdict is on the way.

nursebeeme
Jury wants a 20 minute recess.

one hour after they return from lunch?

something is up:twocents:

Scherzo
ABC is back on.

20 minute recess.

Do you think they have come to a decision and they just want to take a recess before they commit to their decision?

That appears likely.

Cammy
03-05-2012, 04:20 PM
ABC is back on.

20 minute recess.

I don't, not since they just asked if they can go home at a certain time today.

I think they are stuck, and it might even be getting tense in there.

They probably all need a break after seeing and discussing the evidence all day.
JMO

Grammy Jean
03-05-2012, 04:21 PM
ABC is back on.

20 minute recess.

I think that was the sequence of events in BC trial. It was lunch a break and then shortly after break a verdict. I have a nervous all over feeling....

Boodles
ABC is back on.

20 minute recess.

Yes, I think they want to have a bio break before they get stuck in the courtroom announcing a verdict.

MD MOMMY
That hose doesnt look like it had been running for hrs.. Its just a small area..... It had to be a small leak... Was the grass soggy??

Not hours, just run since there is a wet spot.

tarheellvr

which way do you think they are leaning? could they be deciding between 1st and 2nd degree?

maybe tension....time for another cigarette?

calamityjane831
03-05-2012, 04:22 PM

:twocents: I think something is up too... or maybe the discussions they are having are so intense they need a breather. IMHO

Wolfpack
Could be close to a verdict. Could be someone had too much soda at lunch and really needs to use the restroom. Could be tensions are high in the jury room, and they need to step away. Could be a smoke (it's windy, probably a cigar) break. Could be a juror has a unrelated phone call they need to return (child's school, etc.,). They usually have an afternoon break around this time as well.

dmaxphil
Which doesn't mean the hose wasn't used in the clean up. It simply means the physical evidence supporting the theory doesn't exist. It wouldn't be impossible to wash away blood evidence if enough water was used.

Oh boy! Here is this topic again... (not being rude, just vividly remember talking about this last weekend) Question for you. Where would the blood go?

And yes, I'm aware it rained at some point after the crime took place.

IlliniFan

That was my thought too. They worked beyond when they initially asked to take lunch. Now they are breaking so soon after returning.

And I wasn't going to read anything into these types of things. ha!

gngr~snap
03-05-2012, 04:23 PM

http://expertpages.com/news/dna2.htm

Microbes present in soil will rapidly degrade DNA.

add a running hose and 12 +/- hours = moot point ~moo

MD MOMMY
which way do you think they are leaning? could they be deciding between 1st and 2nd degree?

Maybe they need a break to think alone within each of them. I know sometimes when your in a group discussion it helps to clear your head alone. I was on a jury and we often did this and then would collaborate again as a group.

Cammy
This is going to go on until at least tomorrow, I bet.

Then we are going to get a note saying they are hopelessly hung.

There are just too many things in this case to get all 12 people to agree on.

JMO

Tipstaff
03-05-2012, 04:24 PM
I'm not even sure I'd know in my own house. We have a few sets where I'd know if something was missing, but we also have nearly half a linen closet full of old mismatched towels of different shapes and sizes that I don't keep track of.

Have you been in my house and in my linen cupboard? :woohoo:

fifteen89
I do not think Ted Bundy looked like he was ready to murder his victims minutes before he did, that is how he was able to lure his victims with his laid back apparent harmless demeanor.

Exactly. Plus he had all those lonely miles driving back to get his anger up and get ready for the task at hand.

pjcitizen
Is WRAL going to put the verdict on live? The ABC and NBC links don't work well for me.

Wolfpack
03-05-2012, 04:25 PM
Is WRAL going to put the verdict on live? The ABC and NBC links don't work well for me.

Yes, they will.

Paige SC
03-05-2012, 04:26 PM
Oh boy! Here is this topic again... (not being rude, just vividly remember talking about this last weekend) Question for you. Where would the blood go?

Yes, it rained quite a bit after the murder. The blood would seep down into the soil. Extrapolation of diluted organic matter from organic matter isn't an easy feat.

Lori59
03-05-2012, 04:26 PM
Maybe her lil jammies dried on their own after the 9 plus hours she was left alone

Cammy
03-05-2012, 04:27 PM

I missed this discussion, Dmax, what was your stance?

gracielee
03-05-2012, 04:27 PM
:twocents: I think something is up too... or maybe the discussions they are having are so intense they need a breather. IMHO

That's what I was thinking.

gngr~snap
03-05-2012, 04:28 PM
They have a big back yard. Who's to say the cleanup was done on the sidewalk or on the grass next to the sidewalk. Check out photo #13.

http://www.wral.com/specialreports/michelleyoung/image_gallery/9727548/

Ah! TY photo #9 shows the water on the house.
The outside wall is wet on the other side of the spicket.

nursebeeme
03-05-2012, 04:28 PM
NBC17 NBC17 News WNCN
#jasonyoung Jury taking 20-minute afternoon break. Judge Stephens reminds them not to discuss the case while in the break.
9 minutes ago

pjcitizen
03-05-2012, 04:29 PM
This is about 30 mins early for their normal break, usually it's around 4. I usually have something to do at that time so it worked out that I didn't miss much :D

Stella5
03-05-2012, 04:30 PM
Ah! TY photo #9 shows the water on the house.
The outside wall is wet on the other side of the spicket.

Could be the spicket is just broken, not that the hose was on. My kids broke one last year putting more water into the pool and the walls of the house & the end of the hose would look a lot like that until the hubs replaced the spicket a few days after they broke it. IMO it doesn't look like the hose was left on, but that's just me.

SteelerGirl43
03-05-2012, 04:30 PM
Not hours, just run since there is a wet spot.

You mean run to clean her up???

dmaxphil
03-05-2012, 04:34 PM
http://expertpages.com/news/dna2.htm

Microbes present in soil will rapidly degrade DNA.

add a running hose and 12 +/- hours = moot point ~moo

Yes, there was confusion in last conversation too. Blood != DNA . They react very differently when exposed to water.

knicksgal1
03-05-2012, 04:34 PM
Could someone remind me which door had MY's blood on it? Was it the door leading out to the deck? The door was locked right?

fran
03-05-2012, 04:35 PM

The problem I have with second degree is, you don't drive that many miles to and from, without premeditation.

JMHO
fran

gracielee
Well I took *my* bathroom break. My stomach is not jittery, it's literally clenched. :(

Stella5
FYI...
Beth Karas InSession Jurors deliberated for 12.5 hours over 3 days in the first trial. They have a bathroom in the jury room so this break is not for that reason. It's hard to say whether lengthy deliberations are good or bad news for either side. I've seen convictions after 6 days. Circumstantial evidence cases require a lot of work by jurors.

So not a potty break!

Boodles
Could be the spicket is just broken, not that the hose was on. My kids broke one last year putting more water into the pool and the walls of the house & the end of the hose would look a lot like that until the hubs replaced the spicket a few days after they broke it. IMO it doesn't look like the hose was left on, but that's just me.

To me, it looks like the hose was left on but there was a nozzle sprayer turned to off, but it was leaking due to the pressure. I do this all the time b/c I forget to turn the spigot off. And then later I hear the running water sound.

Boodles
03-05-2012, 04:37 PM
Could someone remind me which door had MY's blood on it? Was it the door leading out to the deck? The door was locked right?

The door going from the house into the garage, at the bottom of the back set of stairs.

NCEast
Live again. Hopefully a verdict in a few mins.

Lori59
Live....

NCB
Back to deliberate.

Stella5

It was the door from the kitchen into the garage. The deck doors were locked, that door was not.

gracielee
03-05-2012, 04:38 PM

The blood was on the inside of the door leading out into the garage. The door knob, that is.

Tipstaff
03-05-2012, 04:38 PM
All weekend long perhaps the jurors deliberated this case in their own minds and came in today and were able to agree on a verdict.

Grammy Jean
03-05-2012, 04:39 PM
Live feed was up judge saying jurors are back deliberating.

Stella5
03-05-2012, 04:39 PM
"Let the record show the jurors have retired to resume deliberations and we will be at ease until we reach a verdict."

I'll predict now it'll come when I have to run my daughter to the orthodontist.

Wolfpack
03-05-2012, 04:40 PM
FYI...
Beth Karas InSession Jurors deliberated for 12.5 hours over 3 days in the first trial. They have a bathroom in the jury room so this break is not for that reason. It's hard to say whether lengthy deliberations are good or bad news for either side. I've seen convictions after 6 days. Circumstantial evidence cases require a lot of work by jurors.

So not a potty break!

I might be wrong on this, but they have a bathroom in there, but I'm not sure they can use it while deliberating? Don't they all have to be there at all times?

gracielee
03-05-2012, 04:41 PM
Well that was a huge let down. Back again.

NCEast
03-05-2012, 04:41 PM
Live again. Hopefully a verdict in a few mins.

Quoting myself, but I am an old woman acting like a child. I am too impatient in this trial and want it over and done one way or another. I have talked myself into accepting a NG verdict if that's what it comes down to. As many have referenced the CA jury, we just never know what jurors are thinking and what they place their importance and attention on.

distracted 1976
03-05-2012, 04:42 PM
Back live showing JY

NCB
Live feed showing Jason entering courtroom.

Cammy
An hour to go then for today............

I wonder if they have taken a vote by now, and where they are at??

fromageball
I might be wrong on this, but they have a bathroom in there, but I'm not sure they can use it while deliberating? Don't they all have to be there at all times?

Does anyone know if they are allowed to have water/coffee/anything in the jury room?

dmaxphil
I missed this discussion, Dmax, what was your stance?

There are components of blood that can not be diluted. They are simply not soluble with water. No amount of water will remove all traces. The pressure or force of the water (+ gravity) may push these components partially through soil but these solid particles will become trapped once soil density increases.

This is why hospitals and crime scene clean up crews don't simply hose down areas with blood. It requires special chemicals and detergents to bond to the blood rendering them 100% water soluble.

NCB
...and now the show's over.

distracted 1976
:rollercoaster::rollercoaster::rollercoaster:And off again....

gracielee
03-05-2012, 04:43 PM
Back to colored bars???

Stella5
03-05-2012, 04:43 PM

You would think so... I thought that was strange too!

Wolfpack
03-05-2012, 04:44 PM
Does anyone know if they are allowed to have water/coffee/anything in the jury room?

Definitely have water provided by the court, and they can bring other drinks in on their own.

happy2binNC
"Let the record show the jurors have retired to resume deliberations and we will be at ease until we reach a verdict."

I'll predict now it'll come when I have to run my daughter to the orthodontist.

Well then would you mind bumping her appointment up by half an hour? I can't take much more stress today. :D

gracielee
Hubby just came into my room to say 'if he gets convicted, we are going to have a toast'.

Cammy
03-05-2012, 04:45 PM
There are components of blood that can not be diluted. They are simply not soluble with water. No amount of water will remove all traces. The pressure or force of the water (+ gravity) may push these components partially through soil but these solid particles will become trapped once soil density increases.

This is why hospitals and crime scene clean up crews don't simply hose down areas with blood. It requires special chemicals and detergents to bond to the blood rendering them 100% water soluble.

Wow, thank you.
So, if there had been any traces of blood, even with the water trickling or rain, the blood would able to be detected?

SteelerGirl43
03-05-2012, 04:45 PM

Makes sense... I remember watching Crime Grime or something like that last summer.. Where they cleaned up crime scenes or where someone had died... I remember one show where they had to clean a driveway from where a guy had been shot... They were down on hands & knees scrubbing with brushes and some type of chemical..

NCB
03-05-2012, 04:46 PM
Back to colored bars???

Yep...

twirlygurl
Hubby just came into my room to say 'if he gets convicted, we are going to have a toast'.

Yes, yes we are!!!

Tipstaff

May I join you? That would be a double please.

seattlechiquita
03-05-2012, 04:47 PM
My WRAL link is broken.... HAAAAAAAAAALP!!!

Cammy
03-05-2012, 04:47 PM
How long have deliberations been now?

10-11 hours?

Cammy
03-05-2012, 04:48 PM
My WRAL link is broken.... HAAAAAAAAAALP!!!

Lol, there is nothing going on right now.

<modsnip>

seattlechiquita
03-05-2012, 04:49 PM
Lol, there is nothing going on right now.

<modsnip>.

Ha ha ha,... am at work so I can only peek in here and there :fence:

Wolfpack
Did MY have a favorite drink? When my great grandmother died, we all had a shot of vodka at the graveside ceremony (even the preacher) in her honor. No matter the result, I'd like to take a drink in MY's honor after the verdict is rendered.

knicksgal1
How long have deliberations been now?

10-11 hours?

11 hours 23 min

dmaxphil
Wow, thank you.
So, if there had been any traces of blood, even with the water trickling or rain, the blood would able to be detected?

If LE were competent, yes. I really don't know the extent to which they tested the area. They may have only swabbed a blade of grass... After days of rain, they would have most likely needed to take a cross section of soil/sod 2-6 inches deep. An animal trained to detect the scent of blood could have found the spot to dig IMO.

lauriej
Beth Karas InSession (http://www.facebook.com/BethKarasInsession)

Another note. Stand by.

NCB
03-05-2012, 04:50 PM
Here we go!!!

Grammy Jean
Verdict!!!!!!!

gracielee
Sounds like a verdict

Scherzo
I think they're ready...

Stella5
Well then would you mind bumping her appointment up by half an hour? I can't take much more stress today. :D

LOL! I'm considering asking her older brother to take her... how sad is that?!

Back on...

Sounds like a verdict! Escort to the parking garage; what to do with pads, etc...

hindsight2020
I;ve got goosebumps,

NCEast
Now!!

Tipstaff
How desperate is this I have WRAL on and I am watching LET'S MAKE A DEAL. But after that is The Young and the Restless!

jrb0124
Judge reciting post-verdict logistical requests from jurors.

Cammy
Ut oh

the couger
03-05-2012, 04:51 PM
judge speaking

NCB
They do NOT wanted to be contacted by media.

Wolfpack
Does it sound like they are concerned about how their verdict will be received? Or just general questions?

gracielee
OH oh, this doesn't sound good. :(

jrb0124
"No one wants to be contacted today - no one wants to be 'harassed' by the press"

nursebeeme
VERDICT.https://www.facebook.com/BethKarasInsession

Cammy
03-05-2012, 04:52 PM
11 hours 23 min

looks like we are done, huh?

Omg

Wolfpack
They do NOT wanted to be contacted by media.

This always concerns me.

the couger
Verdit has been reached.

fran
they have a verdict!?

Lori59
ANOTHER LINK besides abc???? I cant hear

rileysmom
omg i am scared

dmaxphil
03-05-2012, 04:53 PM
Wow. Already?

Scherzo
Wow, sounds like the jurors will consider any inquiries from the press as "harassment". Doesn't sound like a G in that case.

Stella5
ANOTHER LINK besides abc???? I cant hear

http://www2.nbc17.com/video/live/

Boodles
oh no.....i feel sick anticipating this. they want police escorts out...that means one thing to me...

nursebeeme
http://www.wral.com/specialreports/michelleyoung/video/10813551/#/vid10813551

fran

knicksgal1
live link please

nursebeeme
jury coming in now

Wolfpack
Wow, sounds like the jurors will consider any inquiries from the press as "harassment". Doesn't sound like a G in that case.

Cooper jury was the same way. No one wanted to talk

nursebeeme
03-05-2012, 04:54 PM
live link

johnfear
verdict

lonetraveler
Well, here we go.

nursebeeme
03-05-2012, 04:55 PM
a lot of requests have been made

gngr~snap
I still say GUILTY they want escorts cause they think pro JY's will go nuts
~moo

Scherzo
Cooper jury was the same way. No one wanted to talk

Yeah good point.

SevenSeas
Omg!!!

Melanie
Holy carp. I'm coloring my hair (to bide the time). It always concerns me when the jury does NOT want to be contacted (ala Casey Anthony). The Peterson jury (guilty) was open, as was the Westerfield jurors (guilty).

Oh boy -- I know in my heart that he did it, I just can't reconcile anyone else doing it. But the lack of DNA (no blood, no fingerprints) may just bring him a not-guilty verdict.

MOOOO Only - Thanks.

Mel

Wolfpack
Judge has envelope. Man I wish I had volume.

justbeachy
I'm nervous!

IlliniFan
oh my

fifteen89
Thank you God. May you rest in peace Michelle and Rylan. Thoughts and prayers to Michelle's family and friends.

Stella5
GUILTY 1st Degree!!!

NCB
Guilty 1st degree

nursebeeme
guilty of first degree

~n/t~
Guilty

CGW
Guilty 1st degree

rileysmom
yes
guilty

gngr~snap
guilty!!!

Madeleine74
GUILTY 1st degree!!

Scherzo
03-05-2012, 04:56 PM
Guilty

Melanie
Unanimous verdict Guilty of Murder in the First Degree.

Mel

fran
I'm crying.

wenwe4
Guilty Murder 1st Degree. . . . all 12 jurors agreed

Turtles
OMG bawling, thank you!!!

otto
That's that!

Lucky89
omg omg omg omg omg omg thank the lord

Star12
Guilty!!!

nursebeeme
bless MF's heart.. she is sobbing

Stella5
I am literally crying for Michelle, Rylan, Cassidy, Meredith & Linda. May they all have some sort of peace now.

IlliniFan
Thank you jury.....

trigger
:woohoo: :woohoo:

Finally justice :woohoo:

Mama-cita
Thank you Jesus!!!

lonetraveler
Jason is about to burst a blood vessel.

ohstopit
03-05-2012, 04:57 PM
i feel that this truly is justice for all involved. thank you thank you thank you.

twirlygurl
Excellent job, jury! You have given some closure.

wenwe4
The prosecution was able to present the case and the jurors took the time to look at all of the evidence . . . what a concept!!!

Yea!

kljohnson0458
Thank Heaven!! Finally justice has been served.

ynotdivein
Reminder to all who have followed this, no matter where you fall on the spectrum, you are a Websleuther, and we expect that you will exhibit respect for your fellow sleuthers who may have very different opinions than yours. PLEASE refrain from gloating, wishing ill upon players, making demeaning comments, and other forms of bad behavior.

In a sense, there is no "other side" here. Every one of us is united in our grief for MY and RY and for the families of everyone involved.

SteelerGirl43
WRAL tweet..Verdict in

Elisaa444
Peace to Michelle Young and Rylan Young and to the Fishers.

luvlife
Perfect Verdict for Jason Young.....Justice for MY and baby......

God Bless

calamityjane831
Guilty Thank you God!!!

dmaxphil
Wow! I don't agree with it but hopefully now the Fisher family feels some sense of closure.

Now what trial are we following next?

LaMer
03-05-2012, 04:58 PM
Guilty...Justice!

imo

gracielee
Yes! Yes, yes, yes!

truthbfound
GUILTY....Thank you!!

seattlechiquita
Thorough analysis of the evidence. This jury took their job very seriously, bravo. On to penalty phase? or is the penalty set?

johnfear
03-05-2012, 04:59 PM
Wow. Absolutely wow.

(So, who's in for Raven Abaroa?)

SteelerGirl43
Sorry but I dont agree....

Wolfpack
Thorough analysis of the evidence. This jury took their job very seriously, bravo. On to penalty phase? or is the penalty set?

It's Life Without Parole, automatically.

Harley
Thank God!!

kljohnson0458
Watch out that vein in the side of his head is going to explode. I am so relieved. Thank you lord for giving justice to the Fisher family and to Michelle and Rylan.

passionflower
thankyou!!!!! Jury did great!!!

terminatrixator
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!

MICHELLE & RYLAN HAVE NOW RECEIVED JUSTICE!

Linda and Meredith & Cassidy, bless you and may you now start the healing process.

Thank you to the jurors.

<modsnip>

pjcitizen
OMG I missed it! I was cleaning my windows WTH? Anyway, thank you for justice!!!!

jilly
03-05-2012, 05:00 PM
Yahooooooooooo!!!!!

Mama-cita
Please let there be victim impact from Linda and Meredith

the couger
The jury has spoke.
Could not have been easy for them.
I am disappointed but except.

believe09
RIP Michelle. what a terrible, terrible story.

Paige SC
Thank you, G-d. Faith in humanity and common sense is temporarily restored. Rest peacefully, Michelle. You are deeply missed and will not be forgotten.

NCEast
03-05-2012, 05:01 PM
I'm so happy to see that some of you are crying--I am too and I thought I was crazy.

fifteen89
Again, Christi. NOT a stunner to lots of us who watched this trial.

lonetraveler
Surprised that judge is allowing jurors to keep their notes.

LuLa
This jury got it right!

Scherzo
For the first time JY looks sad.

nursebeeme
sentencing hearing will take place after a short break

angelmom
03-05-2012, 05:02 PM
So grateful for justice.

OT...I haven't watched until now, but this judge has such a calm soothing voice.

~n/t~
RIP Michelle Justice has been served. :rose:

http://mylifeofcrime.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/myoung.jpg

Lucky89
Not one d__N tear from JY!!! Yes, we can call him a murderer now!

fifteen89
03-05-2012, 05:03 PM
Yeesh. Listen to Mike Brooks now. :rolleyes:

Melanie
Why is HLN saying "this is a stunner"? Yes, this was mostly a circumstantial case, there are hundreds of cases tried every year based on circumstantial evidence.

There were just too many conincidences to not point in JY's direction. He did it, or he has some incredibly bad luck.

I'm satisfied with this verdict and hope the family can find some peace.

On another note, I expect an appeal to be filed pretty quick though.

MOO

Mel

Scherzo
Blah blah blah these jury instructions have sapped the drama out of the moment. C'mon judge turn your attention to JY!

Amster
FINALLY!!!! Justice!! Sooooooooooo happy that JY is going to be held accountable. It's time!! :woohoo::woohoo:

Paige SC
03-05-2012, 05:04 PM
Is there a link to the live stream??
In Session is still covering the Dhuran Ravi case!