View Full Version : DE DE - Mabel May Chambers, 30-40, Wilmington, 1 Jan 1952

03-11-2012, 12:05 AM
Note: I think that the date of 01 Jan may be a default date? I'm not sure. But the year is 1952.

Mabel went by a few names: May Jones, May Simms, May Chambers.

Mabel's Charley Project page:

I don't find entries for Mabel in other missing persons databases but I may have missed them.

Mabel's NamUs profile:

Dental: not available
DNA: sample submitted tests not complete
Fingerprints: not available.

case report:

Married to Ted Chambers who worked at Three Little Bakers

I can't find any other information for Mabel. No archived articles found at this time.

Come home soon. ( picture from Charley project link embedded above).

07-11-2012, 09:03 PM
Bumping for Mabel

07-16-2012, 06:57 AM
Is the fact that Mabel had at least 3 aliases indicate that she may have lived a couple of different lifestyles you think? Or could there have been a legitimate reason for the aliasess? Just trying to learn. Thanks, Dena

07-17-2012, 01:55 PM

Last known alive: January 01, 1952

Circumstances: Married to Ted Chambers who worked at Three Little Bakers
First Name: Mabel May
Middle Name: May
Last Name: Chambers

Age When Last Known Alive: 30
Race: White
Sex: Female
Height: 64.0
Weight: 130.0

City: Wilmington
State: Delaware
County: New Castle

Hair: Brown
Head Hair: light brown, dirty blond
Eye: Hazel

Clothing and Accessories

More pictures at this link also....

07-17-2012, 01:59 PM
Someone looking for info on either Mabel or Ted Chambers....mentions they separated before 1960 and Ted died married to someone else....

12-12-2014, 10:23 AM
This is someone looking for Mabel Chambers who knew of her aliases but was under the impression that she was alive in the 1960s-1980s and living in Delaware:

Chambers,Jones, Simms
February 20, 2002 09:09PM Registered: 8 years ago
Hello -
I am attempting to find my grandmother, Mabel May Chambers, nee Jones, who lived in Wilmington, Delaware from the 1960s through the 1980s. She worked at "The Three Little Bakers" - at some point. She may have also used the names Mabel May Jones or Mabel May Simms.
Any information would be most appreciated. Thank you!

The Whistler
07-15-2015, 04:00 AM
The different names/aliases do confuse things. Probably someone not wanting to be found

07-15-2015, 12:54 PM
The different names/aliases do confuse things. Probably someone not wanting to be found

Maybe, but could be the result of different relationships with men. Her maiden name was Jones, her married name was Chambers, and if she was married to someone else before Chambers, that account for her use of Simms.

07-26-2015, 03:25 PM
Ok...so if she was indeed married twice, perhaps the first husband was jealous of the second? We know there must have been at least one child, if someone posted asking about their grandmother. Perhaps a custodial issue?

What kind of stuck out for me is that her age is listed as 30-40. That seems like a pretty big range IMO. Who initially reported Mabel as missing, that they wouldn't know more specifically?

07-29-2015, 05:45 AM
Whoever reported her missing didn't know her age or when she was last seen either, since TCP just says last seen "sometime in 1952". Why didn't her husband report her missing right away?