PDA

View Full Version : Picketing in front of baby Lisa's house

norest4thewicked
04-02-2012, 02:30 PM
Since this subject is getting so O/T in other threads, I thought I'd make a new thread here. Perhaps Mods will bring over the discussion. :)

I personally think that the picketers had a right to picket as long as they didn't trespass and as long as they remained civil. They were expressing their beliefs that the parents should talk to LE.

redheadedgal
04-02-2012, 02:46 PM
Since this subject is getting so O/T in other threads, I thought I'd make a new thread here...

I personally think that the picketers had a right to picket as long as they didn't trespass and as long as they remained civil. They were expressing their beliefs that the parents should talk to LE.

1st bold: thank you. i was thinking of doing the same thing...
2nd bold: which they did; no evidence exists to the contrary
3rd bold: which was legal/protected by the First Amendment

ron's blog re: the protest: http://kansascitypi.blogspot.ca/2012/04/april-fools-day-on-north-lister.html

Donjeta
04-02-2012, 02:53 PM
While I support citizens' right to demonstrate peacefully I don't think it's helpful here.

Supposing the parents did something, has anybody ever confessed because someone was holding a sign in front of their house?

cityslick
04-02-2012, 03:17 PM
While I support citizens' right to demonstrate peacefully I don't think it's helpful here.

Supposing the parents did something, has anybody ever confessed because someone was holding a sign in front of their house?

Exactly, which is why I asked in the other thread, what is the point of the protest? Who are they trying to bring awareness too, the parents or the public.

If it's the parents, I don't think 6 people showing up on their lawn holding signs are going to make them have a change of heart.

4Jacy
04-02-2012, 03:52 PM
While I appreciate their First Amendment right to protest, I object to it being held in front of the Bradwin's home. I don't think these protestors have any compassion for the two little boys inside that home. They have been through enough, and not by their own making. Also, someone upthread, mentioned about perhaps neighbors having a birthday party or cook-out. Hasn't this neighborhood been through enough also?

As for the Bradwin's taking the boys out of the house while the protestors are there, they would still see the signs and hear the chants. It breaks my heart for them.

These protestors should move to a park and do whatever it is they think they are doing. Personally, I don't think their hearts are in the right place.

dog.gone.cute
04-02-2012, 03:55 PM
Since this subject is getting so O/T in other threads, I thought I'd make a new thread here. Perhaps Mods will bring over the discussion. :)

Thank You for this update ...

BBM: I totally agree ... I would NOT want to live in a country where its citizens are NOT allowed the freedom of speech !

And I totally agree -- the parents should talk to LE -- separately ! And that is SOP !

JMO and MOO :moo:

norest4thewicked
04-02-2012, 04:00 PM
As I said in the other thread, I don't think that this protest was helpful to baby Lisa's case. BUT, I do believe that the protesters had the right to do it. I also feel that the parents should have (and maybe did) take their boys somewhere else if they knew ahead of time that people were going to protest their house. I understand the thinking that the parents shouldn't HAVE to leave their home, however, it is what I would do in this case. My children would be of utmost importance to me and while taking the children elsewhere would be an inconvenience, I would do it for their sake. I do not condone wackos parading into yards of neighbors or Lisa's home, but as I said, if they remained calm and civil, I don't feel there is anything wrong with it. I suspect that it was done out of frustration rather than anything else.

oh_gal
04-02-2012, 04:02 PM

Playing devil's advocate here:

To grab another current event out of the headlines: Will the police bow to the pressure to arrest George Zimmerman because of all the protests happening right now?

4Jacy
04-02-2012, 04:08 PM
As I said in the other thread, I don't think that this protest was helpful to baby Lisa's case. BUT, I do believe that the protesters had the right to do it. I also feel that the parents should have (and maybe did) take their boys somewhere else if they knew ahead of time that people were going to protest their house. I understand the thinking that the parents shouldn't HAVE to leave their home, however, it is what I would do in this case. My children would be of utmost importance to me and while taking the children elsewhere would be an inconvenience, I would do it for their sake. I do not condone wackos parading into yards of neighbors or Lisa's home, but as I said, if they remained calm and civil, I don't feel there is anything wrong with it. I suspect that it was done out of frustration rather than anything else.

I agree the parents should have taken them out of the house. But what if one/both of the boys had a school project they were building, or one/both of them were sick. This is terrible what those boys are subjected to.

dog.gone.cute
04-02-2012, 04:15 PM
While I appreciate their First Amendment right to protest, I object to it being held in front of the Bradwin's home. I don't think these protestors have any compassion for the two little boys inside that home. They have been through enough, and not by their own making. Also, someone upthread, mentioned about perhaps neighbors having a birthday party or cook-out. Hasn't this neighborhood been through enough also?

As for the Bradwin's taking the boys out of the house while the protestors are there, they would still see the signs and hear the chants. It breaks my heart for them.

These protestors should move to a park and do whatever it is they think they are doing. Personally, I don't think their hearts are in the right place.

:seeya:

BBM: :innocent: Not to be off-topic here, just trying to use an example ... but this "protest" did not get anywhere near as "out of control" as the protests on Hope Spring Drive against the Anthony's ...

You do make some good points about the "protesting" with the 2 young boys living there ...

BUT ... keep in mind the protesters are not the only ones who may NOT have considered WHAT is in the best interest of the boys :

Remember : Deborah and Jeremy, with the "blessing" of their Defense Team -- took the 2 boys out "Trick or Treating" with TV cameras following them around ...

Now ... would you take your children out "trick or treating" with TV Cameras IF one of your children had just been "kidnapped" ? :notgood::notgood:

JMO ... but I think Deborah and Jeremy are "fair game" ...

:moo::moo::moo:

4Jacy
04-02-2012, 05:01 PM
:seeya:

BBM: :innocent: Not to be off-topic here, just trying to use an example ... but this "protest" did not get anywhere near as "out of control" as the protests on Hope Spring Drive against the Anthony's ...

You do make some good points about the "protesting" with the 2 young boys living there ...

BUT ... keep in mind the protesters are not the only ones who may NOT have considered WHAT is in the best interest of the boys :

Remember : Deborah and Jeremy, with the "blessing" of their Defense Team -- took the 2 boys out "Trick or Treating" with TV cameras following them around ...

Now ... would you take your children out "trick or treating" with TV Cameras IF one of your children had just been "kidnapped" ? :notgood::notgood:

BBMAbsolutely not. They obviously do not care about exploiting their own children. Wonder how much $ they got for that?

JMO ... but I think Deborah and Jeremy are "fair game" ... :moo::moo::moo:

BBMDon't even get me started, yes I think they are "fair game". Just for the VERY FACT ALONE, that they will not sit down separately with LE.

dog.gone.cute
04-02-2012, 05:24 PM
BBMDon't even get me started, yes I think they are "fair game". Just for the VERY FACT ALONE, that they will not sit down separately with LE.

BBM: lol ... :truce: lol ...

:woohoo:

redheadedgal
04-02-2012, 08:00 PM
i would imagine the fact that their baby sister is all of a sudden gone would be what is traumatizing to the boys... a few people standing out front? not so much. maybe i'm wrong?... like i said in the other thread it would be interesting to see what a child psychologist would say about all this... i also thought it would be nice to send the boys a gift card for some new toys in an attempt to help even in a small way to alleviate their pain/grief, but i wouldn't even know where to start to try to arrange that ...

Allusonz
04-02-2012, 08:27 PM
i would imagine the fact that their baby sister is all of a sudden gone would be what is traumatizing to the boys... a few people standing out front? not so much. maybe i'm wrong?... like i said in the other thread it would be interesting to see what a child psychologist would say about all this... i also thought it would be nice to send the boys a gift card for some new toys in an attempt to help even in a small way to alleviate their pain/grief, but i wouldn't even know where to start to try to arrange that ...

Only a thought. You could try emailing the attorney in KS or even the previous one Short. She did strike me as well intentioned.

redheadedgal
04-03-2012, 01:12 AM
::checking the rules on reporting about social media sites::

okay... think we're good...

i found a site earlier where several picketers were talking about their experiences yesterday... one said that is was the matterns (website owners) who were taking pics of the cars/license plates... now, WHY would a website owner do this? why are these people involved so much?

another comment was that bradley and/or irwin family members (no specific names were given) gave the group "the finger"... how classy!! these people were out there to try to get justice for lisa, so imo, the family should've at least been civil...

cityslick
04-03-2012, 08:48 AM
::checking the rules on reporting about social media sites::

okay... think we're good...

i found a site earlier where several picketers were talking about their experiences yesterday... one said that is was the matterns (website owners) who were taking pics of the cars/license plates... now, WHY would a website owner do this? why are these people involved so much?

another comment was that bradley and/or irwin family members (no specific names were given) gave the group "the finger"... how classy!! these people were out there to try to get justice for lisa, so imo, the family should've at least been civil...

Well, I'm not going to take an unsubstantiated rumor off of FB as fact that something happened so I'll just leave that as it is. Keep in mind the people that were there do not like DB and probably have no problem spreading false things to make her look even worse.

I don't think the protest was for 'justice'. I think it was to show up and yell at the house for a bit. It certainly wasn't for the public's sake, considering it barely was covered by the news. Not only that, but how many people can take a 'protest' seriously when it's only 6-7 people.

AnaTeresa
04-03-2012, 10:16 AM
Gross. While it may certainly be their right to protest, I find it distasteful, lacking in compassion, and clearly not for the benefit of Lisa.

TxLady2
04-03-2012, 10:42 AM
Ok, I haven't been posting much, but still read frequently, so forgive me for being behind.
What exactly are the picketers protesting about? I think I can guess, but just want to be sure. I have never understood people picketing things they have no control over and can't change anyway. I have better things to do with my time than to join a mob and walk around chanting stupid things or holding posters. What's the point? All it does is anger people who don't agree with them.
Does anyone honestly believe this would have a positive effect on Deborah or Jeremy? Seriously? It's going to do the opposite. So what are they accomplishing, other than making themselves look like idiots?
NOTHING. ZIP. ZERO. NADA.
I just hope it doesn't get out of control like it did at the Anthonys'. THAT did a lot of good, didn't it?!

norest4thewicked
04-03-2012, 10:51 AM
Wow! People are STILL making this all about DB and JI. This is ABOUT LISA people! If 6 people or 600 people want to picket for their belief that DB and JI should be talking to LE, it is their right! I have read everything I could on this case and I can tell you that it is like 600 people to 60 people who believe that they should be talking to police. The vast majority of people believe this! I can't fathom why some feel that they should NOT be talking to police. How does this help bring home Lisa? How does not talking to LE help bring baby Lisa home?

Jacie Estes
04-03-2012, 10:54 AM

Just because someone has the right to do it doesn't mean they should do it.

Lister is/was a quiet street; why should the neighbors be subjected to someone from Cali who gets a tickle up their back and requests donations to fly to KCMO to stand in front of their house, on their street? A poll of the neighbors would tell you it was a nuisance. As for the media, even they weren't too interested in this moment of 'protest'. It was a moment that did not get the anticipated reaction from the media.

dog.gone.cute
04-03-2012, 10:58 AM
Wow! People are STILL making this all about DB and JI. This is ABOUT LISA people! If 6 people or 600 people want to picket for their belief that DB and JI should be talking to LE, it is their right! I have read everything I could on this case and I can tell you that it is like 600 people to 60 people who believe that they should be talking to police. The vast majority of people believe this! I can't fathom why some feel that they should NOT be talking to police. How does this help bring home Lisa? How does not talking to LE help bring baby Lisa home?

RBBM:

:rocker: Exactly -- Lisa is the VICTIM here -- NOT Deborah and Jeremy !

JMO, but UNTIL Deborah and Jeremy sit down and talk with LE separately, the public will continue to believe very strongly that both Deborah and Jeremy are "hiding something" and/or "guilty" in Lisa's "disappearance" ...

:moo::moo::moo:

norest4thewicked
04-03-2012, 11:03 AM
Just because someone has the right to do it doesn't mean they should do it.

Lister is/was a quiet street; why should the neighbors be subjected to someone from Cali who gets a tickle up their back and requests donations to fly to KCMO to stand in front of their house, on their street? A poll of the neighbors would tell you it was a nuisance. As for the media, even they weren't too interested in this moment of 'protest'. It was a moment that did not get the anticipated reaction from the media.

I doubt that 6 people really caused much of an uproar on that quiet street.

And, the media not being interested shows that it wasn't that big of a deal.

Poor DB and JI...poor neighborhood...why not poor Lisa? And while I am the first one to admit that this protest likely did nothing to help little Lisa in any way, I (for one) am happy that someone out there has a voice for Lisa.

And, who cares if the person was from California or Timbucktoo? At least they represented the fact that these parents need to finally start talking.

cityslick
04-03-2012, 11:14 AM

Where we disagree though is that I don't think they were there for Lisa. I think they were there to make their presence known to DB/JI. If it truly was about Lisa, the location of the protest should be irrelevant. It shouldn't have to be on the front lawn of the parents. If they want people to know about Lisa and want justice for her, do it in a public place, where more eyeballs will see the signs and hear the chants. Not in a residential neighborhood where it's only going to piss of the neighbors and have some of them bring their kids inside because they don't want their kids to see that kind of ruckus where they live.

All IMO

Jacie Estes
04-03-2012, 11:15 AM

Grand Jury Witness Subpoenas?

Grand Jury Probe Subpoenas?

Conversely, why isn't KCMO LE exercising their authority by issuing subpoenas for them through a Grand Jury?

DB/JI talked to LE, more than once. Everyone keeps parroting talk to LE, they did. IF there is so much evidence that they murdered their baby then why isn't there another Grand Jury?

There is A dog hit that has not been backed up with another hit.

There is tangential 'evidence' that apparently went nowhere.

There is an anecdotal account that just happened to be sold to a tabloid. How much money did that bring in for those who are pushing the anecdotal info? Enough to make up the difference between $145 and the cost of airfare to KCMO? How much respect can be given to someone who 'sells' a story to a tabloid?

There are peeps like Edith and JN who go stand on a street. What did it do to help boost an ego of someone else whose main efforts are spewing vile nonsense on social media?
To what end? What did a trip to KCMO do to help Lisa? IMHO Nothing, not a darned thing.

Wanna protest? Do something that will have an impact.

Dave AHFB
04-03-2012, 11:17 AM
Compassion towards the boys can be subjective when we consider what happened with the powell children.

norest4thewicked
04-03-2012, 11:19 AM
Compassion towards the boys can be subjective when we consider what happened with the powell children.

You know, Dave, I was thinking of that very thing a little while ago and wanted to post it, but thought I'd get blown up about it. Surely, these parents act every bit as guilty and kooky as Josh Powell did. No one knows the reason that Lisa is gone, so we can't know that these other little boys are safe either.

Thank you for coming here and pointing this out!

AnaTeresa
04-03-2012, 11:30 AM
You know, Dave, I was thinking of that very thing a little while ago and wanted to post it, but thought I'd get blown up about it. Surely, these parents act every bit as guilty and kooky as Josh Powell did. No one knows the reason that Lisa is gone, so we can't know that these other little boys are safe either.

Thank you for coming here and pointing this out!

Respectfully, I strongly disagree that these parents come across at all like Josh Powell.

OEJ
04-03-2012, 11:35 AM
Given the same set of circumstances in my own neighborhood, I would join the protesters. I don't know if it would help or not, but it has got to send a better message to those kids then, "Nothing to see here folks. Move along. We're getting back to normal." I couldn't live with myself facing those boys when they're grown men and asking me what I did about their baby sister, and all I had to say was, "nothing." Even posting on a public forum is better than that.

cityslick
04-03-2012, 11:39 AM
Given the same set of circumstances in my own neighborhood, I would join the protesters. I don't know if it would help or not, but it has got to send a better message to those kids then, "Nothing to see here folks. Move along. We're getting back to normal." I couldn't live with myself facing those boys when they're grown men and asking me what I did about their baby sister, and all I had to say was, "nothing." Even posting on a public forum is better than that.

What message would you be sending the kids? Do you expect the boys to turn against their parents? Do you think the boys are going to listen to complete strangers yelling and holding signs on their yard or their parents?

dog.gone.cute
04-03-2012, 12:30 PM

:rocker: Great point !

:moo::moo:

norest4thewicked
04-03-2012, 01:29 PM

Exactly! I couldn't agree more!

Allusonz
04-03-2012, 03:36 PM

This is a neighborhood that has endured helicopters flying overhead for days at a time. Media 24/7 for weeks at a time(maybe longer). Investigators questioning them and maybe investigated themselves by LE. Strangers around the neighborhood just out of curiosity.

This neighborhood have probably escorted their children every time they have left the confines of their home to ensure their safety as they have no way of knowing if someone is taking advantage of a situation and may of inserted themselves into the situation but may have a different agenda. They have probably taken extra precautions to ensure their homes are safe, their property, and yes even their pets as we already know one pet was stolen.

Now it is expected that this same neighborhood deal with protesters just when things are starting to settle back into a normal routine for them.

Whether it is 5 or 5000 protesters I must ask these protesters if they can 100 % guarantee mine and my families safety?

Can they 100% guarantee to me even though the intent is that it be peaceful that no violence will break out?

Can they 100% guarantee to me that none of these protesters have a criminal background?

Then I must ask whom is going to deal with my children not understanding why I won't allow them outside to play in their own yard. Comfort them when they are scared? Whom is going to answer their questions when I don't have the answers myself?

The people in the neighborhood did not ask for this. Thus I must now ask why this can't be done at another location? Truly if this is about finding baby Lisa, why not pay for a certified dog and handlers airfare instead of flying in a protester? Hire a PI. Organize a search. I would not wish this to happen to anyone

Did anyone consider the neighbors feelings with respect to this?

norest4thewicked
04-03-2012, 03:48 PM
This is a neighborhood that has endured helicopters flying overhead for days at a time. Media 24/7 for weeks at a time(maybe longer). Investigators questioning them and maybe investigated themselves by LE. Strangers around the neighborhood just out of curiosity.

This neighborhood have probably escorted their children every time they have left the confines of their home to ensure their safety as they have no way of knowing if someone is taking advantage of a situation and may of inserted themselves into the situation but may have a different agenda. They have probably taken extra precautions to ensure their homes are safe, their property, and yes even their pets as we already know one pet was stolen.

Now it is expected that this same neighborhood deal with protesters just when things are starting to settle back into a normal routine for them.

Whether it is 5 or 5000 protesters I must ask these protesters if they can 100 % guarantee mine and my families safety?

Can they 100% guarantee to me even though the intent is that it be peaceful that no violence will break out?

Can they 100% guarantee to me that none of these protesters have a criminal background?

Then I must ask whom is going to deal with my children not understanding why I won't allow them outside to play in their own yard. Comfort them when they are scared? Whom is going to answer their questions when I don't have the answers myself?

The people in the neighborhood did not ask for this. Thus I must now ask why this can't be done at another location? Truly if this is about finding baby Lisa, why not pay for a certified dog and handlers airfare instead of flying in a protester? Hire a PI. Organize a search. I would not wish this to happen to anyone

Did anyone consider the neighbors feelings with respect to this?

Just my personal opinion, but I think that while it might be an inconvenience for neighbors, this pales in comparison to a baby going missing. What about "neighbors" in other protest situations? I personally believe that the parents are responsible for Lisa being gone, thus they have to deal with whatever repercussions come their way. Apparently others feel this way too. It isn't about neighbors or DB/JI...it's about Lisa.

norest4thewicked
04-03-2012, 03:56 PM

I would also join the protesters. And, if it happened in my neighborhood, I would go about my business and not get my panties in a wad over it. Do something else with my time if I didn't want to see it.

Close your curtains/blinds, do errands, take a bath, cook something great for dinner. If it bothers you, don't look at it...geez...it's not that difficult. It's not like 6 people in the street are going to cause you to go insane from the severe disturbance in the neighborhood.

I'm married to a man who spent the majority of his adult life in the military fighting for our freedom of free speech and other freedoms. Needless to say, I strongly believe in it.

Dewey2Me1MoThyme
04-03-2012, 04:02 PM
If it is about Lisa and if they are so sure DB and / or JI hold the answers, why not protest the SA's office, or in front of KCPD and demand an arrest? Why not protest in front of the courts? Do they think the immediate neighbours of DB and JI haven't heard the news yet?
I've never read families or loved ones saying justice has been served because of a protest, it is served when the responsible party or parties are found guilty and sentenced. Thus my point, if you are protesting for justice, do it where justice begins, with the court system.

norest4thewicked
04-03-2012, 04:14 PM
If it is about Lisa and if they are so sure DB and / or JI hold the answers, why not protest the SA's office, or in front of KCPD and demand an arrest? Why not protest in front of the courts? Do they think the immediate neighbours of DB and JI haven't heard the news yet?
I've never read families or loved ones saying justice has been served because of a protest, it is served when the responsible party or parties are found guilty and sentenced. Thus my point, if you are protesting for justice, do it where justice begins, with the court system.

Nice idea Dewey! However, life isn't always nice. I guess you would have to ask the protesters why they chose to do it in front of DB/JI's house. I don't disagree with you that protesting in other areas might be the proper way to do it, but it wasn't the protesters choice to do it there. They chose to do it in front of the home. That is their right. And, for some, justice might begin in the hearts of the guilty parents...it just might.

Dewey2Me1MoThyme
04-03-2012, 04:18 PM
Nice idea Dewey! However, life isn't always nice. I guess you would have to ask the protesters why they chose to do it in front of DB/JI's house. I don't disagree with you that protesting in other areas might be the proper way to do it, but it wasn't the protesters choice to do it there. They chose to do it in front of the home. That is their right. And, for some, justice might begin in the hearts of the guilty parents...it just might.

Thanks for your reply, but with all due respect, no snark intended, I would never join their FB page to ask them. So, since we have a thread started here to discuss the protest, I put in my :twocents: worth. Of course that's just my opinion, which I realize now I should have stated as such. :seeya:

Cappuccino
04-03-2012, 04:21 PM
I would also join the protesters. And, if it happened in my neighborhood, I would go about my business and not get my panties in a wad over it. Do something else with my time if I didn't want to see it.

Close your curtains/blinds, do errands, take a bath, cook something great for dinner. If it bothers you, don't look at it...geez...it's not that difficult. It's not like 6 people in the street are going to cause you to go insane from the severe disturbance in the neighborhood.

I'm married to a man who spent the majority of his adult life in the military fighting for our freedom of free speech and other freedoms. Needless to say, I strongly believe in it.

Was he fighting for Fifth Amendment rights too?

norest4thewicked
04-03-2012, 04:21 PM

Conversely, why isn't KCMO LE exercising their authority by issuing subpoenas for them through a Grand Jury?

DB/JI talked to LE, more than once. Everyone keeps parroting talk to LE, they did. IF there is so much evidence that they murdered their baby then why isn't there another Grand Jury?

There is an anecdotal account that just happened to be sold to a tabloid. How much money did that bring in for those who are pushing the anecdotal info? Enough to make up the difference between $145 and the cost of airfare to KCMO? How much respect can be given to someone who 'sells' a story to a tabloid?

There are peeps like Edith and JN who go stand on a street. What did it do to help boost an ego of someone else whose main efforts are spewing vile nonsense on social media?
To what end? What did a trip to KCMO do to help Lisa? IMHO Nothing, not a darned thing.

Sorry, not following you here...I don't know anything about a tabloid and don't know an Edith or JN...so lost on me.

And, I will say as I've said before...I didn't think the protesters would do anything to bring home Lisa, but I still believe that they have a right to do so. This is America.

cityslick
04-03-2012, 04:24 PM

Which is why I question the motivations behind the protest. IMO I think they just wanted DB to hear them chant and walk with their signs or perhaps were doing it to try to get a reaction out of DB so that way it'll be on the news.

norest4thewicked
04-03-2012, 04:26 PM
Thanks for your reply, but with all due respect, no snark intended, I would never join their FB page to ask them. So, since we have a thread started here to discuss the protest, I put in my :twocents: worth. Of course that's just my opinion, which I realize now I should have stated as such. :seeya:

I knew it was your opinion Dewey! No worries...:wave:

Dewey2Me1MoThyme
04-03-2012, 04:28 PM
Which is why I question the motivations behind the protest. IMO I think they just wanted DB to hear them chant and walk with their signs or perhaps were doing it to try to get a reaction out of DB so that way it'll be on the news.

I have to wonder if people showed up with signs supporting the family, would they be accused of wanting to be on camera? Or would they be said to be "injecting themselves into the case"? Maybe both of these could also apply to this group. Yes? No? I guess it's all perspective when you get right down to it.

norest4thewicked
04-03-2012, 04:29 PM
Was he fighting for Fifth Amendment rights too?

<modsnip> I will just say that of course, he was. But, government abuse and abuse of authority don't really seem to be a part of this thread, so don't know why you would ask.

Cappuccino
04-03-2012, 04:30 PM
Sorry, not following you here...I don't know anything about a tabloid and don't know an Edith or JN...so lost on me.

And, I will say as I've said before...I didn't think the protesters would do anything to bring home Lisa, but I still believe that they have a right to do so. This is America.

The parents of this child have the right, under the Fifth Amendment, to remain silent. They have spoken to local law enforcement already and that has done nothing to bring Lisa home, nor has it uncovered any evidence that would lead to the parents being arrested. Enough already. If they are guilty the police haven't made a case, if they are innocent the police haven't made a case against anybody else either. Six nosy parkers exercising their First Amendment rights by parking their butts on the street outside will do nothing to change the Fifth Amendment rights of the family. It will do nothing to help find the child either.

If those parents are guilty, this is probably causing the local police to tear their hair out with frustration. These people are a tiresome nuisance, someone should tell them to go home and mind their own business.

norest4thewicked
04-03-2012, 04:32 PM

You could be right. Perhaps they were trying to get media attention, which is definitely more than the parents are doing in trying to bring attention to this case. My point was that no matter what their intentions are, and no matter how much you or I disagree with them, they still have the right to free speech, no matter what their intentions as long as they are civil and don't break any laws.

norest4thewicked
04-03-2012, 04:40 PM
The parents of this child have the right, under the Fifth Amendment, to remain silent. They have spoken to local law enforcement already and that has done nothing to bring Lisa home, nor has it uncovered any evidence that would lead to the parents being arrested. Enough already. If they are guilty the police haven't made a case, if they are innocent the police haven't made a case against anybody else either. Six nosy parkers exercising their First Amendment rights by parking their butts on the street outside will do nothing to change the Fifth Amendment rights of the family. It will do nothing to help find the child either.

If those parents are guilty, this is probably causing the local police to tear their hair out with frustration. These people are a tiresome nuisance, someone should tell them to go home and mind their own business.

Respectfully, this thread is about protesters in front of the parents home.

And, also respectfully, no one knows WHAT LE knows. Cases are not made in real life like they are on CSI.

And, my opinion is as valid as yours. These parents need to get off their backsides and answer WHATEVER questions LE has of them. Are we to think that LE has no new questions from the first few days? That would be ludicrous.

But, back to the topic of this thread. I feel that people have a right to free speech. I certainly don't agree with every protester out there, but as this is America, it is a right that we all enjoy equally.

Cappuccino
04-03-2012, 04:43 PM
Its not the only right you enjoy though. The Constitution of the US does not begin and end with the First Amendment. There is a Fifth Amendment whose legal force is just as valid as that of the First.

So if you can justify the protestors actions under the right to free speech, I can tell them to go home and mind their own business on the grounds that they shouldn't be interfering with the Fifth Amendment rights of this family.

Dewey2Me1MoThyme
04-03-2012, 04:44 PM
I do believe everyone here, including Cappuccino is expressing their right to freedom of speech here as well, we just don't all agree protesting in that place and time was the wisest choice the way I see it anyway. Hopefully we can continue to "agree to disagree" respectfully. JMHO!

norest4thewicked
04-03-2012, 04:45 PM
Its not the only right you enjoy though. The Constitution of the US does not begin and end with the First Amendment. There is a Fifth Amendment whose legal force is just as valid as that of the First.

So if you can justify the protestors actions under the right to free speech, I can tell them to go home and mind their own business on the grounds that they shouldn't be interfering with the Fifth Amendment rights of this family.

Yep...you sure could! That's the beauty of America.

Cappuccino
04-03-2012, 04:48 PM
And the parents of baby Lisa can refuse to talk to the police. That, also, is the beauty of America.

Dewey2Me1MoThyme
04-03-2012, 04:53 PM
Not trying to throw this off topic, but since we're headed down that road anyway, my mind keeps going back to the video coverage of the Michael Crowe intterogation. Since I was not witness to any of the questioning / interrogation of DB or JI, I can't say if I fault them or not for refusing to speak alone or together with LE. I do know that it didn't have a positive outcome in the Crowe case. Is their refusal to co-operate valid, I have no idea, but I'd love to see that footage, I'm sure that may sway me one way or the other.

norest4thewicked
04-03-2012, 04:55 PM
And the parents of baby Lisa can refuse to talk to the police. That, also, is the beauty of America.

It is their right, I would agree. But then they can't whine or complain that "people are saying bad things about them" if they do everything in their power to make themselves look guilty. It's not so beautiful for America to have parents murdering their children or covering up an accident. Unfortunately, these types of people do get away with it now and then. That is very sad to me.

Cappuccino
04-03-2012, 05:00 PM
It is their right, I would agree. But then they can't whine or complain that "people are saying bad things about them" if they do everything in their power to make themselves look guilty. It's not so beautiful for America to have parents murdering their children or covering up an accident. Unfortunately, these types of people do get away with it now and then. That is very sad to me.

They are not doing everything in their power to make themselves look guilty, they are exercising their Fifth Amendment rights not to incriminate themselves. And yes they can whine as much as they like about people saying bad things, because they have the right to free speech too. As you so aptly put it, that is the beauty of America. (No snark here either, both those principles really are worth fighting for, IMO).

As some great man whose name I forget once said - better ten guilty go free than one innocent get convicted. Your constitution is designed to protect that principle, and that is the beauty of America.

norest4thewicked
04-03-2012, 05:04 PM
Not trying to throw this off topic, but since we're headed down that road anyway, my mind keeps going back to the video coverage of the Michael Crowe intterogation. Since I was not witness to any of the questioning / interrogation of DB or JI, I can't say if I fault them or not for refusing to speak alone or together with LE. I do know that it didn't have a positive outcome in the Crowe case. Is their refusal to co-operate valid, I have no idea, but I'd love to see that footage, I'm sure that may sway me one way or the other.

Well, I can tell you from knowing some of the people involved in the case with KCPD that there wouldn't be any comparison to the detectives in the Michael Crowe case. As well, I sure don't consider DB and JI to be in any way comparable to 14 year old Michael Crowe.

I do agree with you that the questioning would be interesting to see, but if DB's inconsistencies and hinkiness on TV interviews are not enough to convince you that something is just not right here, I don't know that seeing them on a police interview would. Not trying to be snarky here, just saying that LE's job is to be tough on the most obvious people to have committed a crime. Innocent people might not like it, but they usually know that this is what has to happen to clear them AND to help find the missing child/whatever. DB admitted to watching these cases, so she knows very clearly that this is the procedure. She also knows that if LE smells something, they are not going to let it go. They smelled something in this case.

Cappuccino
04-03-2012, 05:10 PM
LE's job is to be tough on the most obvious people to have committed a crime. Innocent people might not like it, but they usually know that this is what has to happen to clear them AND to help find the missing child/whatever.

But that's exactly what the Crowe family thought. That's why they didn't lawyer up or protest about the police interviewing their children without supervision, until it was too late.

Dewey2Me1MoThyme
04-03-2012, 05:11 PM
Well, I can tell you from knowing some of the people involved in the case with KCPD that there wouldn't be any comparison to the detectives in the Michael Crowe case. As well, I sure don't consider DB and JI to be in any way comparable to 14 year old Michael Crowe.

I do agree with you that the questioning would be interesting to see, but if DB's inconsistencies and hinkiness on TV interviews are not enough to convince you that something is just not right here, I don't know that seeing them on a police interview would. Not trying to be snarky here, just saying that LE's job is to be tough on the most obvious people to have committed a crime. Innocent people might not like it, but they usually know that this is what has to happen to clear them AND to help find the missing child/whatever. DB admitted to watching these cases, so she knows very clearly that this is the procedure. She also knows that if LE smells something, they are not going to let it go. They smelled something in this case.

I agree to a point, but there is also a point that it needs to take a different direction b/c beating a dead horse in any situation goes nowhere. If DB and JI told them all they knew and LE is persistantly trying to extract something from them that isn't there, what's the use? Just as in Michael Crowe's case, they pushed and pushed until they got what they were after, a confession, although a false one. I don't care MC was only 14 years old, a false confession is just that.

norest4thewicked
04-03-2012, 05:17 PM
But that's exactly what the Crowe family thought. That's why they didn't lawyer up or protest about the police interviewing their children without supervision, until it was too late.

DB and JI are not children and DB and JI's children are not accused of doing anything to make Lisa disappear.

Cappuccino
04-03-2012, 05:17 PM
Riley Fox's father wasn't 14 years old, he was a grown man. The police got a false confession out of him too, and if it wasn't for DNA he could easily have ended up on Death Row as a result.

Cappuccino
04-03-2012, 05:23 PM
DB and JI are not children and DB and JI's children are not accused of doing anything to make Lisa disappear.

That's missing my point, I'm afraid. You said that innocent people might not like being questioned hard by the police, but they know they have to do it for the good of the missing child/whatever. The point I'm trying to get across back is that no they don't have to, and nor should they. Look at what happened to the Crowe family, Kevin Fox, Jerry Hobbs, Martin Tanklieff, Peter O'Reilly, and many others. Innocent people need to exercise their right to remain silent too. I think public awareness of that is spreading, which is why I don't trust the assumption that a family exercising their Fifth Amendment rights is "hinky" or in any way evidence of guilt.

It might just be evidence that they've seen the movie about Michael Crowe.

norest4thewicked
04-03-2012, 05:36 PM
I agree to a point, but there is also a point that it needs to take a different direction b/c beating a dead horse in any situation goes nowhere. If DB and JI told them all they knew and LE is persistantly trying to extract something from them that isn't there, what's the use? Just as in Michael Crowe's case, they pushed and pushed until they got what they were after, a confession, although a false one. I don't care MC was only 14 years old, a false confession is just that.

Okay...let's look at it this way, Dewey. This will be a weak comparison, but here it goes. If, say for instance, you had a car accident a week ago and at the time was shaken up, but you told the police/insurance/whoever, the information that you remembered, you would be done, right? But, what if PD or the insurance or whoever thought of another question that they hadn't asked. What if a witness or other person told them something different than what you had told them. Wouldn't you want to clear that up? What if the damage on the other car looked different than it should have for the type of accident you had and they wanted to understand it? Would you just stubbornly say "Nope...I've said what I've said and there is no more?" Now, if you were guilty of causing the accident, you might say that. But, if you were innocent you might say, "Darn right I will answer what questions they have"! It's NOT beating a dead horse because there are any number of scenarios that LE may now know about that they didn't know about those first few days. Did they even know about Megan Wright or Jersey then? Did they know about Brandos? What about the motorcycle driver, MT? Whether they have one more question to ask or a thousand more, HOW can it hurt in finding Lisa? It can't hurt Lisa in any way. Lisa is gone. The only possibility is that they might find out where Lisa is, and who took her. If it isn't the parents, maybe they have an answer that might lead them somewhere else.

I just don't see DB or JI giving a false confession. In this one case of a 14 year old boy and unscrupulous investigators it happened. DB and JI aren't a 14 year old boy and these are not unscrupulous investigators. There is absolutely no harm that can be done by them talking to LE again. And, for Lisa, there is everything to gain.

norest4thewicked
04-03-2012, 05:38 PM
:offtopic:

I'm done with the false confession topic. If someone wants to go post a thread, I will respond more there. I'm trying to stay within TOS! :D

Cappuccino
04-03-2012, 05:44 PM
Let's get back to the topic of the thread then. The protestors outside the family home - are they within their legal rights? Yes. As are Lisa's parents by refusing to talk to the police. The wisdom, or even ethics of Lisa's parents exercising their legal rights seem to be up for discussion, so let's apply the same standard to the protestors.

Should they be exercising their rights in this way? Should they just butt out and mind their own business? Are they helping, or hindering local LE? If the parents are guilty, will their actions encourage the parents to waive their Fifth Amendment rights and give the police a break, or will they alert the parents to how suspicious they look and encourage them to not talk at all?

Dewey2Me1MoThyme
04-03-2012, 07:30 PM
:offtopic:

I'm done with the false confession topic. If someone wants to go post a thread, I will respond more there. I'm trying to stay within TOS! :D

Sorry Norest, I wasn't ignoring your questions, I've been out mowing and working in my shop on a new project I'm designing. And NOW the furkids demand I take them out as promised. But I would be happy to discuss that with you, and as a spoiler, I do agree with most of what you say, depending on circumstances, possibly 100%.

gotta run now or shampoo a rug, I prefer to run LOL :rocker:

Jacie Estes
04-03-2012, 07:52 PM

They're just some pesky facts.

Originally Posted by Jacie Estes

norest4thewicked
04-03-2012, 08:15 PM
Sorry Norest, I wasn't ignoring your questions, I've been out mowing and working in my shop on a new project I'm designing. And NOW the furkids demand I take them out as promised. But I would be happy to discuss that with you, and as a spoiler, I do agree with most of what you say, depending on circumstances, possibly 100%.

gotta run now or shampoo a rug, I prefer to run LOL :rocker:

Wow! You could be even busier than me! And, I definitely don't blame you for running! Cleaning a carpet is NO fun! :wave:

eileenhawkeye
04-03-2012, 08:27 PM
Deborah and Jeremy have every right to not talk to LE, and we have every right to judge them for it.

AnaTeresa
04-03-2012, 08:43 PM
Deborah and Jeremy have every right to not talk to LE, and we have every right to judge them for it.

Yup. Just like we have every right to judge those protestors for this distasteful display.

ExpectingUnicorns
04-03-2012, 08:47 PM
Let's get back to the topic of the thread then. The protestors outside the family home - are they within their legal rights? Yes. As are Lisa's parents by refusing to talk to the police. The wisdom, or even ethics of Lisa's parents exercising their legal rights seem to be up for discussion, so let's apply the same standard to the protestors.

Should they be exercising their rights in this way? Should they just butt out and mind their own business? Are they helping, or hindering local LE? If the parents are guilty, will their actions encourage the parents to waive their Fifth Amendment rights and give the police a break, or will they alert the parents to how suspicious they look and encourage them to not talk at all?

Well put, Cappuccino. In trying to compare the two actions (parents' refusal to talk and protesters in front of the family home) I believe both parties are in a close dead heat to stall the advancement of finding Baby Lisa. IMO, even though they're both within their legal rights -- I question all of their motives.

I don't pretend to have ferreted out any truth here but I do think that if the parents are found to have been withholding anything that that would be a greater moral injustice than six people demonstrating their impatience with their silence.

But as I say, I don't like either action. Guess I am a true fence sitter. We have just not been given enough facts with which to work out a solid conclusion yet. moo, moo, moo.

Truthwillsetufree
04-03-2012, 09:45 PM
Of all the friends and relatives I have, most of them are Mothers and there is not a one
of them that would confess that exercising their constitutional right is/was more important than cooperating with LE to find their missing child.

I really don't care if the protesters set up a campsite in front of their house as long as the protesters remain civilized and protest under the guidelines of the law.

norest4thewicked
04-03-2012, 09:56 PM
Of all the friends and relatives I have, most of them are Mothers and there is not a one
of them that would confess that exercising their constitutional right is/was more important than cooperating with LE to find their missing child.

I really don't care if the protesters set up a campsite in front of their house as long as the protesters remain civilized and protest under the guidelines of the law.

This is so well put...thank you for saying it. I agree 100%.

4Jacy
04-03-2012, 09:58 PM
That's missing my point, I'm afraid. You said that innocent people might not like being questioned hard by the police, but they know they have to do it for the good of the missing child/whatever. The point I'm trying to get across back is that no they don't have to, and nor should they. Look at what happened to the Crowe family, Kevin Fox, Jerry Hobbs, Martin Tanklieff, Peter O'Reilly, and many others. Innocent people need to exercise their right to remain silent too. I think public awareness of that is spreading, which is why I don't trust the assumption that a family exercising their Fifth Amendment rights is "hinky" or in any way evidence of guilt.

It might just be evidence that they've seen the movie about Michael Crowe.

Read everything you stated. My response: Do they want to find their child or not? Why don't we think about that and not their Fifth Amentment Rigths. Their baby is MISSING, would you not do everything in your power to bring her home?

norest4thewicked
04-03-2012, 10:07 PM
Read everything you stated. My response: Do they want to find their child or not? Why don't we think about that and not their Fifth Amentment Rigths. Their baby is MISSING, would you not do everything in your power to bring her home?

Interesting isn't it how some think? I'd give up my right to breathe if it meant finding my missing child.

4Jacy
04-03-2012, 10:13 PM
Interesting isn't it how some think? I'd give up my right to breathe if it meant finding my missing child.

I know in my heart you would, as would I.

Whisperer
04-04-2012, 01:14 AM
They are not doing everything in their power to make themselves look guilty, they are exercising their Fifth Amendment rights not to incriminate themselves. And yes they can whine as much as they like about people saying bad things, because they have the right to free speech too. As you so aptly put it, that is the beauty of America. (No snark here either, both those principles really are worth fighting for, IMO).

As some great man whose name I forget once said - better ten guilty go free than one innocent get convicted. Your constitution is designed to protect that principle, and that is the beauty of America.

Freedom of Speech is getting to be not so much anymore...as more and more are getting in trouble for expressing themselves. America is one, if not the worse country in the free world for crime. That is not the beauty of this country. I don't think it is beautiful that we hear more and more about babies and children vanishing. More and more parents are getting away with murder also. If they can hire a criminal defense attorney ASAP, they walk free most of the time, unless a body is located. Babies are difficult to locate and most of them are in the dump...IMO. :moo: I am tired of this carp. I am tired of defense attorneys stepping in and help the perp cover for the crime...too.

I think something needs to change regarding this and our children. Parents should not be able to hide their victims and then hide behind their attorneys.

Whisperer
04-04-2012, 01:22 AM
I think the protesters are doing what none of us can do. They are trying to get these despicable people to go talk to LE by shaming them. Maybe in their hearts, they know it may be fruitless, but they are doing what they think in their hearts is at least doing something.

These parents are so well insulated that it's disgusting. If it isn't fancy high profile attorneys, it is people who want to scream constitutional rights BS. Both are what these guilty people love to use. They have given nothing to help find their DD. They have carved themselves an improved life though as it was suggested that some media are helping them out with their bills, etc to gain an opportunity to talk to them if Lisa's body is ever found. A tiny baby's body is almost impossible to find.

Instead of being outraged by the parents refusal to talk to LE regarding their missing child, there are people supporting the parents' rights to not talk..WTH?

cityslick
04-04-2012, 08:36 AM
I think the protesters are doing what none of us can do. They are trying to get these despicable people to go talk to LE by shaming them. Maybe in their hearts, they know it may be fruitless, but they are doing what they think in their hearts is at least doing something.

These parents are so well insulated that it's disgusting. If it isn't fancy high profile attorneys, it is people who want to scream constitutional rights BS. Both are what these guilty people love to use. They have given nothing to help find their DD. They have carved themselves an improved life though as it was suggested that some media are helping them out with their bills, etc to gain an opportunity to talk to them if Lisa's body is ever found. A tiny baby's body is almost impossible to find.

Instead of being outraged by the parents refusal to talk to LE regarding their missing child, there are people supporting the parents' rights to not talk..WTH?

BBM

Saying the same thing over and over again with no proof of such doesn't make it more true. I'm still waiting to see MSM proof that the parents are either living a better, more lavish lifestyle or documented proof they have been paid by anyone.

Melon
04-04-2012, 09:08 AM

I was thinking along the same lines with your bolded statement. The protestors may be providing a little external conscience since it seems to be lacking on the part of the parents. I get the need to feel like you have to do *something* and I am not really certain what you could do that would be beneficial to the case itself, especially if you fall onto the "parents are guilty" side.

A few have mentioned the impact of the protestors on the neighborhood. I would hope they are being civil and mindful of the laws. I think I would almost rather have my kids see a peaceful protest than be fearful of some alleged boogeyman thief in the night trying to come after them. I think the latter would be much more damaging to a child living in that neighborhood.

menmo
04-04-2012, 09:41 AM
BBM

Yes, they have the right to remain silent but truthfully who but the guilty would in the case of your missing child? Oh yeah, Debbie, Jeremy and many guilty parties.
Six nosy ? parkers?? How about six that care about what happened to Lisa and why her parents aren't doing everything they should and could to help bring her home? This screams guilt to me, along with many other things they have done. Jeremy backing Debbie really sent me for a loop because the child, Lisa in this case, should be first and foremost to protect. Not your significant other. I realize some people are desperate for a relationship but to sell your child out for a piece of .....well you get the picture. :banghead:
As for the protestors and stating it will do nothing to help find Lisa. I agree, but what Debbie and Jeremy are doing, or should I say aren't doing, isn't working either!
It is everyone's business when a child is missing! So that is their business as well as mine and everyone here on WS. People care. Sometimes more than the parents.

Yes, they can but if they truly wanted their child back then refusing to speak, shouts volumes to me and it's not shouting innocent and help us!

Respectfully snipped by me

How much respect can be given to someone who 'sells' a story to a tabloid?

Exactly! Which seems to be what Debbie and Jeremy have done. Even so much as selling their two children out to the news on Halloween. Seriously who does that, especially after a missing child? Crazy people.

I'll go on record here stating that while it is the protestors right to protest, I don't like it only because of it feeling like the innocent boys, once again, are being victimized. I doubt that the group felt this way, but it is how I feel. I'm sorry they have to live in a home with two adults that are supposed to be guiding them in their lives to do all things right and yet when their little sister comes up missing, to me they are doing it all wrong.
Some day those boys are going to be adults and then Debbie and Jeremy may lose them, too, when they start asking all the hard questions, and having lived in that house with both of them and realizing they didn't do what they should have and could have for an innocent baby!

MOO

cityslick
04-04-2012, 11:17 AM
Looks like the protesters are having drama - the guy that came into town on a bus, the one Mike Brooks named today on HLN, has been kicked to the curb.

Now there are only five people protesting for Lisa :(

This was posted on the website thread. Anyone know what happened?

4Jacy
04-04-2012, 12:35 PM

What? More drama! Good God!

highflyer
04-04-2012, 03:56 PM

No. But the one guy who has a give me money page, has it changed from money to picket Lisa's house to money to go occupy new york.

Jacie Estes
04-04-2012, 04:38 PM
BBM

Respectfully snipped by me

Exactly! Which seems to be what Debbie and Jeremy have done. Even so much as selling their two children out to the news on Halloween. Seriously who does that, especially after a missing child? Crazy people.

I'll go on record here stating that while it is the protestors right to protest, I don't like it only because of it feeling like the innocent boys, once again, are being victimized. I doubt that the group felt this way, but it is how I feel. I'm sorry they have to live in a home with two adults that are supposed to be guiding them in their lives to do all things right and yet when their little sister comes up missing, to me they are doing it all wrong.
Some day those boys are going to be adults and then Debbie and Jeremy may lose them, too, when they start asking all the hard questions, and having lived in that house with both of them and realizing they didn't do what they should have and could have for an innocent baby!

MOO

What did DB/JI sell to a tabloid? They had a news crew follow on Halloween as a human interest story.

It brought them some media attention to the story. A good thing.

eileenhawkeye
04-04-2012, 06:30 PM
What did DB/JI sell to a tabloid? They had a news crew follow on Halloween as a human interest story.

I don't know why they would expose their other children to the media and the public. I don't even mean as a "guilt or innocence" thing. There's no reason why the entire country needs to see the boys trick-or-treating.

norest4thewicked
04-04-2012, 06:40 PM
I don't know why they would expose their other children to the media and the public. I don't even mean as a "guilt or innocence" thing. There's no reason why the entire country needs to see the boys trick-or-treating.

I agree! This was a huge red flag to me. WHO would do that kind of thing if their baby had indeed been abducted? Just bizarre! Just another reason to make me think that these parents are not fit.

menmo
04-04-2012, 07:46 PM

I stated that was all my opinion and it is. Although I don't have a paper trail to follow for them but I do believe that is the reason certain news stations were allowed and others were not. I also do believe that they were compensated in some way by the Dr. Phil Show. Of course.........this is all my opinion as usual. Human interest story is not the reason I think Debbie and Jeremy did this, and I definitely don't think it was for Lisa. Nothing I've seen them do so far, IMO, has been for Lisa.

I agree! This was a huge red flag to me. WHO would do that kind of thing if their baby had indeed been abducted? Just bizarre! Just another reason to make me think that these parents are not fit.
Huge red flag to me, too. I can't imagine having a child snatched from their room and then parading the other kids in the home out to make sure the world sees who they are so they can possibly be snatched, too. Ignorant to me and I think it was all to fatten Debbie and Jeremy's pocketbook.

MOO

hambirg
04-05-2012, 12:52 AM
Ron Rugen blogged about the protest. Apparently he was there.

http://kansascitypi.blogspot.com/

norest4thewicked
04-05-2012, 07:32 AM
Ron Rugen blogged about the protest. Apparently he was there.

http://kansascitypi.blogspot.com/

Wow! I am very impressed with RR's blog. It pretty much spells things out, doesn't it?

highflyer
04-05-2012, 05:09 PM
Wow! I am very impressed with RR's blog. It pretty much spells things out, doesn't it?

It spells out his interpretation of what transpired.

redheadedgal
04-05-2012, 06:09 PM
It spells out his interpretation of what transpired.

exactly!!

ron has stated, iirc, that he would be objective and go where the info/facts led him... and there are several posts of his in this forum where he continued to affirm this (see link below)... if his investigation has led him in one direction over another, i would think (hope) his ability to maintain objectivity would lend credence/validity to his present opinions...

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Inconsistencies in DB's Story

liltexans
04-05-2012, 06:45 PM
Thanks for joining us, Bayou Mistress!

:wagon: