PDA

View Full Version : WA WA - Richard "Cody" Haynes Jr., 11, Kittitas, 12 Sept 2004

Pages : [1] 2

emma l
10-14-2004, 07:56 AM
I came across this missing child by accident and was moved to post.

Richard Lee Haynes- nickname Cody -is an 11 year old little boy who is missing under suspicious circumstances from his father’s home in Kittitas, Washington on September 12th, this year.

It was first suspected that Richard might have run away, but authorities aren’t so sure now……
"At this point our whole area has been thoroughly searched," said Dunnagan. "We are comfortable he is not within the general area. We have no idea where he is. We have exhausted our leads. We are committed to finding this child. We are in it to find him."
One week after the disappearance of Cody, law enforcement authorities and CPS representatives removed his four sisters from their home. The girls were placed in foster homes. A court order had been issued alleging abuse, neglect and lack of supervision. Police wanted to speak to each child, individually, regarding their brother's disappearance.”

http://www.crimelibrary.com/missing_children/richard_haynes.html -full article on Richard

Please take a GOOD LOOK at his photo - have you seen him recently? Do you live in the Kittitas area or maybe in Florida when Richards mother lives? 11 years old is too young to run away and be able to fend for yourself for any amount of time……………..

Weirdly, I think he bears a passing resemblance to missing Australian child Daniel Morcombe.

Here’s his missing child page

http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/PubCaseSearchServlet?act=viewChildDetail&caseNum=996768&orgPrefix=NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

Please help look for his child.

emma l
10-18-2004, 11:09 AM
bump!! Does anyone have any information this child? Anyone live in the area?

Fran Bancroft
10-18-2004, 11:21 AM
I gotta wonder about the mum-she's in an "undisclosed" location in FL? What does that mean? Is she hiding from an abusive man? Or is this a story to explain her disappearance? I wonder if she's come out of the woodwork to help hunt for her son...

Odd story.
Praying for Cody.

emma l
10-18-2004, 11:24 AM
Thats what I thought!!! Very weird that theres no info about this case anywhere, but Codys not listed as a family abduction either.

He is a very young child who seems to have vanished off the face of the earth- we all know thats not possible, but WHERE IS HE??

VespaElf
10-18-2004, 12:54 PM
Theres a reason the Mother didn't have custody *but* the Father was apparently abusive(that many CPS calls? And one from the school principal? Something was up and just because they were dismissed means nothing) so it seems a bad situation from the beginning.

I hope the siblings will give more info and I wish this case had more attention!

Far more males go missing than females but they just dont get coverage!

Fran Bancroft
10-18-2004, 01:44 PM
Theres a reason the Mother didn't have custody *but* the Father was apparently abusive(that many CPS calls? And one from the school principal? Something was up and just because they were dismissed means nothing) so it seems a bad situation from the beginning.

I hope the siblings will give more info and I wish this case had more attention!

Far more males go missing than females but they just dont get coverage!
The "number" of CPS calls means nothing here in Washington state...if anyone with kids irks someone else, people call CPS...so don't use that to draw conclusions...use other info, it's way more reliable.

Steely
10-21-2004, 01:52 PM
I think a number of CPS calls means something no matter what state you live in and while not proof of abuse...it certainly is an area of great concern especially in a case where a child is missing from the home. Praying for this boy and his loved ones....

Cody's Grandpa
11-08-2004, 11:09 AM
Cody is still missing. There have been no reports of sightings anywhere. Thank you all for your concern. A little background info... Cody and his "step mother" (his father's live in pardner) had a disagreement and he was sent to his room until his father got home. His family hasn't seen him since. It gets a little complicated here but it wasn't realized until the next afternoon that he was missing. He arranged his bedding to look like he was in bed. He would often pretend to be asleep and cover his head if he didn't want to bo bothered.
Yes, there had been CPS visits. The one involving the school was when one of Cody's sister's was bitten by a family puppy. CPS ruled the report as "unfounded". The puppy was given away. Washington and Oregon CPS workers conduct business as tho they were using the Gestapo operations manual so don't put to much into thier visits.
Because they did not know where Cody was or why he left, they took his four sisters and have not allowed us to see them. A judge ordered them to allow the father to visit them on week-ends. They have been interviewed and do not appear to know any thing about where thier brother is.
The mother and father have been divorced for some time and she had no reason to fear him and was not hidding from him. Actually, it turned out that she was in Colarado instead of Florida. The police have determined that she was at her mother's in Colarado the day Cody disappered and that he is not with her. This is not a family custody event. Cody has just diappeared and is not with any family members. The police and the family are still looking. Thanks again for your concern.

David

Juliana
11-08-2004, 11:24 AM
Cody is still missing. There have been no reports of sightings anywhere. Thank you all for your concern. A little background info... Cody and his "step mother" (his father's live in pardner) had a disagreement and he was sent to his room until his father got home. His family hasn't seen him since. It gets a little complicated here but it wasn't realized until the next afternoon that he was missing. He arranged his bedding to look like he was in bed. He would often pretend to be asleep and cover his head if he didn't want to bo bothered.
Yes, there had been CPS visits. The one involving the school was when one of Cody's sister's was bitten by a family puppy. CPS ruled the report as "unfounded". The puppy was given away. Washington and Oregon CPS workers conduct business as tho they were using the Gestapo operations manual so don't put to much into thier visits.
Because they did not know where Cody was or why he left, they took his four sisters and have not allowed us to see them. A judge ordered them to allow the father to visit them on week-ends. They have been interviewed and do not appear to know any thing about where thier brother is.
The mother and father have been divorced for some time and she had no reason to fear him and was not hidding from him. Actually, it turned out that she was in Colarado instead of Florida. The police have determined that she was at her mother's in Colarado the day Cody disappered and that he is not with her. This is not a family custody event. Cody has just diappeared and is not with any family members. The police and the family are still looking. Thanks again for your concern.

David

Thanks for posting! My heart goes out to you. I will keep Cody and your family in my prayers.

Borregokid
11-14-2004, 01:14 PM
Its hard to believe this kid is still missing. I live in the same county and their really hasnt been much news coverage. The hunting seasons are pretty much over so the chance of a hunter stumbling onto something is getting kind of remote. Unfortunately the county is not heavily populated and the hills are forested. Recently a jet crashed over here and after a week of looking for a 40 foot jet authorities gave up. Soon the hills will be covered with snow and unless a snowmobiler finds something it might be a while until something turns up.

emma l
11-23-2004, 02:26 PM
Thanks for posting this David. Cody is such a cute little boy, my thoughts and prayers are with you and you family. Please try and keep us up to date with any developments as best you can- and let us know if we can do anything.

Jack
11-27-2004, 09:35 PM
This set my hinky meter off, much like the JonBenet Ramsey and Laci Peterson cases did. Boy argues with dad, dad leaves in the middle of the night and drives hundreds of miles "looking for car parts" until early morning hours, and reports boy missing just hours after returning home. :(

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=286593

Casshew
11-27-2004, 09:39 PM
From the article

~~~~

People here have come together to try to find an 11-year-old boy missing since September, with two important exceptions: his father, and the father's live-in girlfriend. A community search and a candlelight vigil for Richard "Cody" Haynes Jr. took place without Richard "Rick" Haynes and Marla Jaye Harding, who have retained a lawyer and refuse to talk formally with investigators.

~~~~

Something is rotten in Denmark

Jack
11-27-2004, 09:46 PM
Missing flyer with picture.

http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/PubCaseSearchServlet?act=viewPoster&caseNum=996768&orgPrefix=NCMC&searchLang=en_US

ShowerSinger
11-27-2004, 11:08 PM
This really angers me!!!!
I pray to God that Cody just ran away from an abusinve relationship, and some grandmotherly woman is taking good care of him. But, I DON'T think so. Someone should forcibly make this maggot talk! AND, the ditzy scum girlfriend, too! At the very LEAST charge him with neglect and a couple of other who cares what charges, and throw his butt in the jail--general population, of course. HE, AND HIS girlfriend are PIGS, and need to be locked up like the filthy animals they are!!!
So is the lawyer who would take this one on!

My heart aches for the sadness this child has had to endure from both of his DNA donors.

I hope the FOUR? daughters are in a safe place now, as well. Prayers for the children!

Yeah, right. Car parts at 2:30 am.

WasBlind
11-28-2004, 12:31 AM
Another link (http://ap.tbo.com/ap/breaking/MGBS98JI22E.html)

Updates (http://www.truckingboards.com/trucking/upload/showthread.php?t=8890)

We are awaiting more information at this time, and will post as it becomes available. Please pray for Cody and LE handling his case, that they find this child, and soon. Thanks, y'all, and God bless you all for caring about Cody.

With love and HOPE, Lanie

Fran Bancroft
11-28-2004, 12:39 AM
WasBlind, I'm praying for this child.

Kittitas is in Eastern Washington. Eastern Washington is desert. You can drive for miles and miles in between towns. Just brown hills. Kittitas is not a large town and not a large county. You wouldn't have to go far to lose someone, but, if you did, you wouldn't necessarily be noticed. Vast areas to search. I'd be interested to know if any SAR dogs got involved.

sinisterurge
11-28-2004, 04:07 AM
I do not know if anyone has posted this here or heard about this missing boy. I am sorry if its been posted.

People here have come together to try to find an 11-year-old boy missing since September, with two important exceptions: his father, and the father's live-in girlfriend.

A community search and a candlelight vigil for Richard "Cody" Haynes Jr. (search) took place without Richard "Rick" Haynes and Marla Jaye Harding, who have retained a lawyer and refuse to talk formally with investigators.

"Their behavior is definitely curious," Kittitas Police Chief Steve Dunnagan told The Spokesman-Review in Spokane. "It does make us ask, 'Why does he have to have an attorney to help us find his son?"

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,139784,00.html

dannyodie
11-28-2004, 06:19 AM
this whole story really sounds to me like the boys father and stepmom are involved in his disappearence, it is really weird for anyone to get up and go out at 230am to look for car parts. I wonder if the police got to talk to the girls after they were taken from the home? sounds strange that they would ask them not to talk to the girls too, this man and woman are certainly hiding something, after all if you have not done any wrong doing than you don't need a lawyer present. if you go looking for lawyers right off the bat then they are feeling guilty about what they did and having a lawyer is like having a coach to help you get thru this without looking suspicious. I sure hope they finally put all this together and finally find out that the ones the little boy trusted the most was the ones that caused him some harm. those little girls might know a whole lot about the way he was treated that day and even days and months leading up to sept 12.

:twocents:

WasBlind
11-28-2004, 06:33 AM
Cody's thread (http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16830)

Can someone pls merge them? Thanks!

I would ask that anyone who reads this thread to take a moment and say a prayer for this child. No matter what, he is still missing, and we need to find him.

I cannot speak for the father, and he is not my contact, but the child, Cody, is still missing.

Prayer is powerful. Please pray for this boy. \o/
Thanks, y'all.

VespaElf
11-28-2004, 01:44 PM
— People here have come together to try to find an 11-year-old boy missing since September, with two important exceptions: his father, and the father's live-in girlfriend.

A community search and a candlelight vigil for Richard "Cody" Haynes Jr. (search) took place without Richard "Rick" Haynes and Marla Jaye Harding, who have retained a lawyer and refuse to talk formally with investigators.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,139784,00.html :furious:

I am furious!!!!!!!!!!

Sassygerl
11-28-2004, 01:48 PM
Makes me furious too....very suspicious!!!!! This is the third thread...can someone please merge? :)

VespaElf
11-28-2004, 01:51 PM
sorry!!!!!!!!!! :blushing: :D

Sassygerl
11-28-2004, 02:00 PM
sorry!!!!!!!!!! :blushing: :D

It's easy to do when you read a story so upsetting!!! There are so many that do not derserve to be parents!! When I first read this yesterday I was thinking "now what now?" Sick.

JustmeColl
11-29-2004, 08:12 PM
I just read about this and I am so saddened that there has been so little media attention to this story. This man goes looking for car parts for 13 1/2 hours? Yikes! And obviously the girlfriend, who is a former CPS worker that was fired and denied unemployment, has not told anyone when he went missing! This is so horrendous and I can not believe that these people have not been arrested. And the MOTHER was in jail for child abuse? These poor children. :furious:

Jack
11-29-2004, 09:29 PM
Just found this thread while googling for anymore information on this case. I'm curious to know if Cody's Grandpa posting on this thread is his maternal or paternal grandpa.

I hate to even think it but I have a feeling this is going to be a case I follow, kinda like JBR.

sinisterurge
12-03-2004, 11:24 PM
are there any updates yet on Cody?

WasBlind
12-03-2004, 11:41 PM
are there any updates yet on Cody?

Sadly, there are no updates at this time. His applications have been done, and I will post links as soon as they become available.

Cody's Grandpa
12-04-2004, 08:09 AM
Nothing new on Cody's whereabouts. Here is a link to a recent news article in the local paper that tells the story fairly well: http://www.kvnews.com/articles/2004/12/03/news/news03.txt

Thank you all for your interest. The news hasn't said much about it but the father did cooperate completely with the police at first. He even went with them as they searched for Cody. It wasn't until he felt he was being accused of something that he withdrew. Also, the lawyer was first retained to help get the girls back from CPS.

David Haynes

Kelly
12-04-2004, 10:57 AM
Hello David,

Thank you for link. I am so sorry about your grandson. Cody looks like a sweet boy. I have had him posted on my forum since mid-September, hoping he would be found by now.

We all that the media can spin things a certain way, which is not always the truth. The main thing here is to find Cody.

Please feel free to contact me.

Kelly Jolkowski, Mother of Missing Jason Jolkowski
President and Founder,
Project Jason
www.projectjason.org

Sassygerl
02-15-2005, 10:44 PM
This story was just aired on Greta and the police received new information and a search has gone on at the fathers home and several items were removed. What a cute little kid.....makes me so sad. They are suspecting foul play and I hope they nail the father and girlfriend!!!!!!

Sassygerl
02-15-2005, 10:52 PM
KITTITAS, Wash. -- Police on Monday executed a search warrant at the home where an 11-year-old boy was living when he disappeared last Sept. 12.

Police said they were looking for any evidence that Cody Haynes might have been assaulted inside the home the night before he disappeared, KNDO-TV of Yakima reported.

"Apparently, he was subjected to some kind of physical discipline, which could very well border on an assault of a child or child abuse," said Chief Steve Dunnagan of the Kittitas Police Department.

Dunnagan said police got the warrant because of statements made by the boy's father, Richard Haynes.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/aplocal_story.asp?category=6420&slug=WA%20Missing%20Boy

**The police chief speaking by phone on Greta said it was not the father or girlfriend who made the statement...evidently it was someone very close to the family.

Prayers for this little boy.

meggilyweggily
02-15-2005, 11:49 PM
I plan to profile Cody on my website if he reaches the six-month disappearance mark -- which I hope doesn't happen.

I hope he's out there somewhere, doing all right, maybe staying at a shelter somewhere.

gerokelli
03-04-2005, 12:37 AM
I have been following the story as I am from the same area. There are good articles in the Ellensburg Daily Record and there is another in the Spokeman Review (Spokane). If you want to read the whole article in the Spokeman Review you have to pay $1.95.

I have been very suspecious of the whole story that the father and "girlfriend" have reported. First of all, who goes out at 2:30 am to find car parts. And then the father supposedly got lost, he was supposed to be going south to the Tri-Cities but ended up near Spokane (east of here). Then before he left he told the girlfriend not to bother the boy because he was in trouble. Apparently in the 18 hours between when he was sent to his room and when he was next checked on, nobody saw or heard from him. I don't know about Cody but in 18 hours I would need to go to the bathroom.

The "parents" will not cooperate with authorities and when interviewed by a Yakima tv station, they would not allow their faces to be shown. The father said that Cody ran away. At first they were looking for his mother in Florida, when in actuality she was in Colorado and had had no contact with Cody for years. If he had ran away, wouldn't somebody have seen him?

The jist of the Spokesman Review article was that there was evidence of a severe beating and that one of his sisters was the one who told police. The girls have since been placed in foster care. This was not the first time the family had contact with Child Protective Service (CPS). The kids were taken out of public school to be home schooled.

It is a sad story, with, I have a feeling, a sad ending.

gerokelli
04-21-2005, 03:41 AM
As of today Cody Haynes is still missing. The most current info is that the Washington State Crime Scene Unit did a search of his father's house. The siblings have been removed from the home into Child Protection Service. According to an article in the Spokesman Review (Spokane, WA paper) when one of his sister's was interviewed she apparently implicated that something happened to Cody. I did put an update in his section for more info.

CinnamonGirl
04-21-2005, 03:06 PM
Sounds like from what I read that this boy was abused and killed by his father,and I hope that they charge the father soon.It seems like the live in girlfriend and father abused all the kids there.

emma l
06-17-2005, 10:30 AM
Richard is STILL missing. He has been missing since September 23rd 2004. Where IS HE?

Missing persons page: http://www.pollyklaas.org/missing/kids/pdf/pdf1/Haynesfly.pdf

All Codys yahoo google matches
http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=richard+cody+haynes+missing&meta=

All Codys yahoo matches
http://uk.search.yahoo.com/search?fr=FP-tab-web-t&ei=ISO-8859-1&p=richard+cody+haynes+missing&meta=vc%3D

Can't find any new information on this case at all.

MeggilyWeggily has added Richard to her site -full name Ricahrd Lee Haynes Jnr
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/h/haynes_richard.html

Please don't forget him. He is a child who is missing.

angarella
06-21-2005, 04:07 PM
This child and his case touched my heart when I first heard about it. This little boy is such a doll. Look at those eyes. Why have they not been able to find out something about him?

Ang

I will not forget!

emma l
06-22-2005, 07:01 AM
Me too Angerella. Thankyou!!!!!!!!!!!111 :angel:

emma l
07-25-2005, 11:45 AM
Bumping for Cody. Where is this precious child?

Bobbisangel
07-27-2005, 07:50 PM
It seems really strange to me that this little boy went missing at the same time his dad went hunting for car parts at 2:30 a.m. I have never heard of any place being open at that time of the night. I hate to think the worst but this boy has never been found....never been a trace of him anywhere. I just wonder if things didn't get out of hand between dad and Cody and Cody ended up dead. His body could be buried miles and miles and miles away from home. No one really knows where dad went in the middle of the night. The whole story is strange to me. I wonder if dad and his girlfriend ever took a lie detector test...probably not. Something is fishy here.

dmvpenn
07-27-2005, 08:34 PM
This too, is very sad. My cousin has been missing for 6months. i know the pain.

Do we have any suggestions to the family to help them push the LE's to further investgate the dad?

fourboys
09-12-2005, 09:28 PM
'Cody is not forgotten here'
Kittitas boy disappeared one year ago today

Posted: Sept. 12, 2005
By ANDREA PARIS

KITTITAS -- It's been a year since 11-year-old Kittitas boy Cody Haynes disappeared under questionable circumstances. What remains is a haunting picture of a smiling boy whose bright eyes and grin peer at passers-by from a simple 8 1/2-by-11 piece of paper announcing he is missing and endangered. That and a lot of unanswered questions.

Sept. 12, 2004

Richard Cody Haynes always preferred to be called by his nickname, Cody. He lived with his biological father Richard Haynes, his father's new wife, Marla Harding-Haynes as well as his four sisters inside a run-down two-story building in the heart of Kittitas's downtown.

Harding-Haynes once described Cody as a deceitful child who needed limitations and a strong sense of discipline. Cody's grandmother, Audrey Haynes, said earlier Cody was a "normal, rambunctious little boy." Others have said Cody was a caring, playful and artistic child.

On Sept. 11, 2004, Cody had been sent to his room for disciplinary reasons. Harding-Haynes reported earlier she was told by Richard Haynes to have no contact with the boy as Haynes himself said he would speak to his son when he returned home later on Sept. 12.

Richard Haynes told police he left his home in the early morning hours of Sept. 12. Haynes said his route took him first to the Lower Valley to look for car parts and then on to Sprague west of Spokane where he encountered car problems. Haynes reported he did not get home until the late afternoon of Sept. 12.

Missing

Nearly 17 hours after the boy was sent to his room, Cody's father reported his son missing to authorities. Haynes told police Cody was being disciplined and was made to stay in his room without meals or contact from the rest of the family during that day. Haynes and Harding-Haynes reported Cody had arranged his stuffed animals under his covers to make it look as though he were in bed, took a bag of clothes, and managed to slip away unnoticed.

Officers reported finding a bag of clothing inside a shed on the Haynes' property along with the boy's bicycle.

Officials learned much later Cody and Harding-Haynes had a heated argument on Sept. 11 in which the boy was made to stay at the kitchen table for nearly four hours after reportedly refusing to do dishes and put leftovers away. Cody was told to go to his bedroom around midnight.

That was the last time anyone has seen Cody.

Alone

The Haynes family was insular by choice.

Cody and his sisters had been removed from the public school system and were being home schooled by Harding-Haynes. The children weren't often in the company of those from outside the family unit, and when they were, oddities were noticed.

School friends reported the children were made to stand outside for extended periods of time during the winter without shoes or a coat. In 2002, an Ellensburg elementary school principal reported he believed the children were suffering from emotional and physical abuse and neglect at the hands of their father and Harding-Haynes. None of the allegations were proven, and the children remained inside the home until Cody's disappearance last year when officials removed the four Haynes girls from the home on Sept. 17, and placed them into foster care.

Kittitas Police Department Chief Steve Dunnagan said the Haynes girls have since been found dependent and currently are wards of the state.

The case

Dunnagan and Kittitas County Sheriff's Office detective Jerry Shuart have spent countless hours working the Cody case, a case Dunnagan himself admits haunts him.

"It's been a year," he said sitting at his desk surrounded by mounds of paperwork he has either collected or generated in the Cody case. "It's draining me. Every day it's 'what are we going to do to find Cody today?' It's constant. Eighty five percent of my time is spent on this case."

Dunnagan said the case has led he and Shuart to California, Oregon, Idaho and a farmer's field in Sprague. Cadaver dogs, aerial searches, national television exposure and good old-fashioned police work have yet to bring hoped for results though leads continue to trickle in.

Officials from the FBI, Washington State Patrol, Green River Task Force and national organizations like the Center for Missing and Exploited Children have lent a hand in the investigation. Sex offenders living in and outside Kittitas County have been interviewed and eliminated as suspects including the notorious Joseph Edward Duncan.

Nothing tangible has been found to lead police to a suspect though many items have been collected from the Haynes' home and automobiles and taken to the state's crime lab where it is being processed as evidence.

Dunnagan said he does have an active DNA sample and said Cody's biological mother, whose name has not been released, is very cooperative as is the rest of Cody's family. That is except father and stepmother who have refused to talk with police since last October and who do not make inquiries into the progress of the case, he said.

What's next

Dunnagan grimly said all that's left to do is "chase leads."

"There are things that just don't make sense," he said.

Meanwhile Dunnagan continues to try to prove Richard Haynes' story of his early morning jaunt around Central Washington the day his son disappeared. Dunnagan plans a trip to Naches and Toppenish where he will circulate pictures of Cody and Richard at car shows Richard Haynes reportedly attended last year at this time.

"I'm trying to retrace his steps to confirm his route," Dunnagan said. "The only person who says he was there is Richard. I can't confirm or deny Marla's story."

When the case will break is unknown, Dunnagan admits, though he is hopeful Cody is alive, somewhere.

"This case has had its ups and downs every time I get a tip," he said. "I keep wondering how many more I'll get until I find the truth or what happened. I'm still going. Cody is not forgotten here."

http://www.kvnews.com/articles/2005/09/12/news/news01.txt

Bobbisangel
09-12-2005, 11:13 PM
I don't know about anyone else but when the father doesn't even bother to keep in contact with LE to check on his son's case that tells it all as far as I'm concerned. Look at the parents of other missing children...it may be years since their child disappeared but they are still looking and hoping. I've never heard of any other parent, with the exception of this father, who just moves on and doesn't look back.

I think the dad killed Cody. Whether it was intentional or not I think he is guilty as heck. His story stinks. The stepmother didn't even check on that little boy for all of those hours? She didn't check because she knew he wasn't in his bedroom. I'm glad that the girls no longer live with their dad. It's a darn shame that Child Protective Services waited until after Cody disappeared to determine that the children weren't safe. Maybe Cody would have been saved if they had been on the ball.

I hope LE can find something so that they can make the arrests and put that father and stepmother away for good. No one should get away with murder.

tennessee
09-13-2005, 08:37 AM
Poor little Cody. I hope that he did indeed run and that he will be found alive and happy away from his abuser(s).

Codys Grandpa
09-16-2005, 09:38 PM
It has been a very long year and still no word on Cody and no good leads.
The police have certainly not given up nor has the family. The FBI is very involved and still looking and interviewing people. Cody is not a pretty young woman so the press has kind of lost interest although there was some "one year" coverage.
As for his sisters... They are in good foster homes and doing quite well. They pray every day that their brother is safe. We see them often.
Cody not being seen after he was sent to bed is not exactly correct. A neighbor swore in court that she saw him coming down the steps on the day he disappeared while his father was gone. The police tend do not believe her but the judge did. Also the father and what is now the step-mother do talk to the police just not to the local police. They think the locals are trying to pin something on them instead of trying to kind the boy, although I do not think that. I think the chief is looking at that but also trying to find him.
Thank you all for your concern. Everyday we hope to get that good phone call.

David Haynes

Kelly
09-16-2005, 11:45 PM
Dear David,

I am so sorry that Cody has not yet been found. Please email me at your earliest convenience as I would like to run Cody on one of my programs.

email: kelly.jolkowski@projectjason.org

I would like to gently remind others that this is the support and information forum. Case discussions and theories belong elsewhere.

fourboys
10-28-2005, 11:47 AM
Kittitas boy has been missing since September 2004

Posted: October 28, 2005

KITTITAS — It has been nearly 14 months since 12-year-old Cody Haynes disappeared without a trace from the town of Kittitas, though it seems to be only yesterday for Steve Dunnagan.

And even though the soft-spoken police chief has spent countless hours gathering scraps of information from across the nation, dealt with silent, hostile parents, battled public rumors and spent many sleepless nights trying to find the boy, Dunnagan decided to release the case to FBI agents late last week.

“He’ll always be there for me and I always will be an intrinsic part of the investigation,” he said. “But turning the case over to them was the best thing I could do for him.”

“We are pleased to have the case and intend to work it very aggressively,” FBI spokeswoman Robbie Burroughs said. “We have been anxious to play a bigger role in this case and you can be sure it will be a priority for us.”

Background

Cody Haynes was reported missing Sept. 12, 2004 by his father, Richard, after the boy reportedly had been sent to his room the previous evening to be punished. The Haynes family sticks by its story; Cody was last seen that night. The boy managed to creep from a room he shared with his father inside a run-down apartment building, drop a bag of clothing inside a shed on the family’s property, and vanish into the night, never to be seen again.

But police learned through investigation that Cody had been in an altercation with Haynes’ live-in girlfriend, Marla Harding, on Sept. 11 after refusing to do dishes and put leftovers away. Police also learned Cody was made to sit at the kitchen table until midnight when he was reportedly sent to his room and told not to come out for any reason.

After Cody’s disappearance authorities unearthed a can of worms including allegations of child abuse and neglect at the hands of Harding and Haynes. Cody’s sisters were removed from the home mere days after his disappearance and since have been declared dependent by the state. Dunnagan said the children are now doing “very well” in their foster homes, and are leading the lives of happy, secure children.

Harding and Haynes have since married but according to Dunnagan, still refuse to speak with police about their missing son or make inquiries about the case.

Continued at link:

http://www.kvnews.com/articles/2005/10/28/news/news02.txt

angarella
11-02-2005, 07:58 AM
Bumping for Cody. His sweet little face just breaks my heart. I want to know what happened to him. :furious: :furious: :furious:

Prayers for Cody.

jodierenee
11-02-2005, 12:36 PM
he was made to sit at the table till MIDNIGHT because he didnt want to do dishes? poor kid...i never had to do everyone's dishes when I was 11 years old!

I think this is a case of child abuse gone wrong. At 2:30 is when the dad went to go dispose of the body...no doubt in some rural place where he won't be found for a good while.

I'm sure the sister had to have heard some commotion going on as well.

angarella
12-08-2005, 09:03 AM
Any new leads on this sweet adorable little guy?

tia

Bobbisangel
12-09-2005, 06:19 AM
The parents said that Cody packed a bag or his backpack...threw it out a window and then hid it in an outer building the night that he disappeared. Now how would they know that he hid a bag in an outer building? They haven't seen him since he disappeared.

I still believe that the dad's story about going to find a car part in the middle of the night is total bull. I believe that he did something with that little boy and he might never be found. I wonder if the girls are still in state custody?
I hope so. At least they will be safe. Poor little Cody didn't have a chance.
The parents don't even contact the police to see how the case is going???
That speaks volumes.

mom3dd
04-04-2006, 10:15 PM
bump for cody he went missing in WA his Father supposedly was in Seattle. 40mi from lakewood.

Bobbisangel
04-05-2006, 01:29 AM
Cody's story sounds so much like the Ricky Holland story. I just wonder if his body will ever be found. After a year its unlikely that Cody is still alive. Kids that young usually don't just strike out on their own and live on the streets.
I hope Cody is found and that whoever or whoevers did this to him are found out. I still don't buy the dad's story. I've never even heard of a junkyard or car parts store that is open in the middle of the night.

Montanagirl
06-06-2006, 01:07 PM
Bumping for Cody

Montanagirl
06-06-2006, 01:11 PM
Bumping for Cody

bykerladi
06-06-2006, 08:11 PM

Cody may have left of his own accord, but after receiving the information from his sister investigators announced that he could be the victim of a homicide. They have no evidence that he was killed inside his home, but the fact that he has not been heard from in so long is indicative that he met with foul play. Due to his age and family background, Cody is considered to be in danger. His case was turned over to the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) in October 2005; it remains unsolved.

Sounds to me like his father is the cause of his disappearance.

Khavna
06-06-2006, 08:16 PM
I agree, the father may have more information to where he is. to leave a child in the room for 18 hours without the bathroom,food or water is rediculous :mad: :banghead: i can understand why he would have wanted to run away but some things don't make any sense :waitasec:

Montanagirl
07-12-2006, 11:20 AM
bump for Cody.

Does anyone know if anything is happening in this investigation?

And for the record, I really don't think Cody left on his own accord......JMHO

Montanagirl
07-12-2006, 11:22 AM
bumping for Cody. Someone knows something. I just wish they'd grow some guts and fess up.

Bobbisangel
07-15-2006, 03:09 AM
bumping for Cody. Someone knows something. I just wish they'd grow some guts and fess up.

They've gotten away with it this long so they probably think they are home free. I wonder how good of a look they gave to the woman who was at that time the girlfriend of the dad. If my memory serves me I don't think that she was real nice to Cody. Maybe she did something to him and the dad is covering for her. Kind of like a few others we have heard of....Ricky Holland's family.

Montanagirl
07-19-2006, 10:47 AM
They've gotten away with it this long so they probably think they are home free. I wonder how good of a look they gave to the woman who was at that time the girlfriend of the dad. If my memory serves me I don't think that she was real nice to Cody. Maybe she did something to him and the dad is covering for her. Kind of like a few others we have heard of....Ricky Holland's family.
Wasn't there something in the news about how Cody was 'disciplined' by the girl friend and sent to his room while the dad was out of the house?

dulcinea
07-19-2006, 01:05 PM
I think I read that somewhere, too, Montanagirl.

Montanagirl
07-19-2006, 01:13 PM
Ya know, I will never fail to be amazed at human nature. If she did something to seriously wound or kill Cody, why would his father cover it up? I don't understand how someone could do that and then live with themselves? Just have a little compassion, admit what you did and get the punishment you so richly deserve instead of covering up and trying to get away with things. :behindbar

Wayne
07-19-2006, 03:11 PM
Wasn't there something in the news about how Cody was 'disciplined' by the girl friend and sent to his room while the dad was out of the house?
What I had heard was Cody had been disciplined and sent to his room; the family then left and when they arrived home, Cody was gone. There was also mention that Cody said he was going to live with his mother who lived in a south-eastern state.

Just a hunch but I do think Cody fell victim to Duncan ... that Duncan was traveling between his family's home in Washington state and his college in North Dakota when I suspect he stopped for a break and saw Cody perhaps hitch-hiking or at a bus station / bus stop.

Duncan's blog had one one entry for that entire month ... Sunday September 12th 2004. And he called it CHICKEN POT PIE ...
I'm home, Sunday Afternoon, nothing to do, everything being undone. Nobody to remind me. Life is about giving your choices over to God. Chicken pot pie in the oven. Why can others not see the unity of the universe. Why are they so blind in their dungeons.
September 12th 2004 was the day Cody went missing... Maybe just a coincidence ... maybe something more.

misterallgood
07-19-2006, 06:37 PM
What I had heard was Cody had been disciplined and sent to his room; the family then left and when they arrived home, Cody was gone. There was also mention that Cody said he was going to live with his mother who lived in a south-eastern state.

Just a hunch but I do think Cody fell victim to Duncan ... that Duncan was traveling between his family's home in Washington state and his college in North Dakota when I suspect he stopped for a break and saw Cody perhaps hitch-hiking or at a bus station / bus stop.

Duncan's blog had one one entry for that entire month ... Sunday September 12th 2004. And he called it CHICKEN POT PIE ...

September 12th 2004 was the day Cody went missing... Maybe just a coincidence ... maybe something more.I've wondered the same thing, Wayne:

http://huffcrimeblog.com/?p=239

Still wondering, in fact, though I have to admit there were compelling reasons in stories I've read since the blog entry above to wonder about Cody's dad and the dad's female friend.

Steve

Montanagirl
07-20-2006, 03:21 PM
As much as it pains me to even think that Duncan has a hand in all of these tragic cases (one person being responsible for so much pain) I can see the connections.

I have always hoped that Cody got out of a horrible circumstance at home and has made a life for himself somewhere else and is living happily ever after - my head tells me that probably isn't the case. Duncan wants all this attention, why doesn't he come clean and tell everyone all about what he's done and get even more fifteen minutes of fame?

Wayne
07-20-2006, 03:34 PM
As much as it pains me to even think that Duncan has a hand in all of these tragic cases (one person being responsible for so much pain) I can see the connections.

I have always hoped that Cody got out of a horrible circumstance at home and has made a life for himself somewhere else and is living happily ever after - my head tells me that probably isn't the case. Duncan wants all this attention, why doesn't he come clean and tell everyone all about what he's done and get even more fifteen minutes of fame?
I had hoped Cody would be located but after reading Duncan's blogg, I think Cody fell victim to a perp if not to Duncan.

If Duncan tells all now unconditionally, he gets a death sentence ... but if he uses what he knows as a bargaining chip, he'll likely avoid the DP but get life w/o parole.

IMO, Duncan's lawyer is getting states to sign-off on life w/o parole ... and some may be reluctant to sign-off. If one state does not sign-off, then what Duncan knows may go with him to his grave (or maybe a few days before being executed he'll have a tell-all news conference).

Bobbisangel
07-22-2006, 06:49 AM
From what I remember Cody had gotten trouble for something...not eating his dinner or doing the dishes or something. He was made to sit at the table for a long time...must have been dinner. Anyway, the dad's girlfriend finally told him to go to bed and not come out. Sometime in the night 3 or 4:00 am the dad went to a junkyard quite a ways away to get some car or truck parts.

Later in the morning the girlfriend went to the store and when she came back she looked in Cody's room and she said that he was gone.

I think it was the girlfriend or the dad. And yes, I believe that the dad covered for her if she was so upset with Cody that she ended up killing him.

Think about the Hollands. She killed Ricky but the dad helped bury him and then they both lied and whined about LE searching the house, etc. It all came out when the wife threw the hair dryer at the husband in the shower.

Also like Shelley and what's his name Jackson who said that his little girl got upset about a cookie and ran away. You can bet one of them killed that little girl and the other one was covering.

Bobbisangel
07-23-2006, 02:35 AM
bump for Cody.

Does anyone know if anything is happening in this investigation?

And for the record, I really don't think Cody left on his own accord......JMHO

I think that the father's girlfriend or wife ended up killing Cody and the father helped get rid of his body when he went to the "junkyard" for car parts in the middle of the night.

Montanagirl
08-10-2006, 04:39 PM
From what I remember Cody had gotten trouble for something...not eating his dinner or doing the dishes or something. He was made to sit at the table for a long time...must have been dinner. Anyway, the dad's girlfriend finally told him to go to bed and not come out. Sometime in the night 3 or 4:00 am the dad went to a junkyard quite a ways away to get some car or truck parts.

Later in the morning the girlfriend went to the store and when she came back she looked in Cody's room and she said that he was gone.

I think it was the girlfriend or the dad. And yes, I believe that the dad covered for her if she was so upset with Cody that she ended up killing him.

Think about the Hollands. She killed Ricky but the dad helped bury him and then they both lied and whined about LE searching the house, etc. It all came out when the wife threw the hair dryer at the husband in the shower.

Also like Shelley and what's his name Jackson who said that his little girl got upset about a cookie and ran away. You can bet one of them killed that little girl and the other one was covering.
I've been looking at all the old news paper reports about Cody and just read one where one of Cody's sisters said she saw Cody being beaten severely by the girl friend that evening so it looks like the report she made about Cody's 'punishment' was having him sit in the kitchen until midnight is horse manure. She killed him and his dad disposed of his body IMO:sick: . There are some very interesting blogs and articles about Cody out there. some of the links are below. How so many people can just let kids slip through the cracks and then pay the untimate price becasue no one cares. Makes me so sad.

http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art26997.asp

http://boards.courttv.com/showthread.php?postid=7367466

bykerladi
08-10-2006, 06:23 PM
Ugh. Can anyone explain to me why a parent would choose a boyfriend/girlfriend/even wife or husband over their child? I don't think I am EVER going to get that.

Bobbisangel
08-11-2006, 03:46 AM
Ugh. Can anyone explain to me why a parent would choose a boyfriend/girlfriend/even wife or husband over their child? I don't think I am EVER going to get that.

It's beyond me. I belive a mom and her kids or a dad and his kids come as a package. If you can't accept the whole package then hit the door. Abuse my kids and you had better run and run fast and never come back. I raised 4 by myself and if any guy had ever mistreated them I would have had his head.

Here is a story for you.....

I knew a guy who married a girl from Japan. They had three cute little boys. Later on she decided she wanted to go back to Japan and she didn't want the boys. He kept them and was a good dad....I thought.

A couple years later he meets a girl with two little girls. Nice little family combined I thought. Not so, the girl didn't want to raise his three little boys.
So what does he do....he adopts them out to a Navy General on a nearby Navy base and proceeds to raise her two little girls :furious: The boys probably have a good life with their new family but they knew their dad! I wonder what those little guys thought? How that guy can stand to look at himself in a mirror every morning is beyond me. All for a woman :furious:

missacorah
08-11-2006, 09:09 AM
It really is amazing the amount of 'parents'who put their kids to one side in order to keep a spouse.I mean not necessarily on the scale of murder but just little things.

I work in a school with young children and some of them cant keep up with the amount of men travelling thru their home. I mean if I met a man I would like to make sure I had at least tried to get a good overall view of him and his general beliefs beofre I even tried to intriduce him to my kids but this one little lad in my class said to me just before the summer holidays, 'mum had a new man in her bed when i went into her room this morning' and that was that. I may be petty but how can that be ok? To not even have met a man and then to have him turn up in mums bed all of a sudden is not right.

bykerladi
08-11-2006, 07:46 PM
Who she has in her bed is ber business BUT it is COMPLETELY inappropriate to let her children know what she is doing. I always say - once you have a child you're a parent forever. Partying stops once you have a child.

Bobbisangel
08-12-2006, 03:44 AM
It's sad how many uncles and daddy's these little kids have while they are growing up. I think if mom and her man want to sleep together the man should pay for the babysitter and they should go to his home for a few hours. That way the adults can do their thing and the kids are left out of it. If all it is is sex it really needs to be kept away from the kids.

I think it is sad the way that people don't take the time to get to know each other before they jump in bed together. When they start having sex right away the woman's emotions get involved and she may miss some red flags she would have seen if they had just been dating but not sleeping together. Once those emotions are involved we can make every excuse in the world for those traits that we don't like in that person.

missacorah
08-12-2006, 08:58 AM
Exactly - Imean, like someone said above she really can live her life how she chooses but you really have to make a few changes and take on a bit more responsibilty I'm afraid.

The same woman has a daughter aswell so what kind of a message is that sending out?

SewingDeb
08-12-2006, 10:05 AM
It's beyond me. I belive a mom and her kids or a dad and his kids come as a package. If you can't accept the whole package then hit the door. Abuse my kids and you had better run and run fast and never come back. I raised 4 by myself and if any guy had ever mistreated them I would have had his head.

Here is a story for you.....

I knew a guy who married a girl from Japan. They had three cute little boys. Later on she decided she wanted to go back to Japan and she didn't want the boys. He kept them and was a good dad....I thought.

A couple years later he meets a girl with two little girls. Nice little family combined I thought. Not so, the girl didn't want to raise his three little boys.
So what does he do....he adopts them out to a Navy General on a nearby Navy base and proceeds to raise her two little girls :furious: The boys probably have a good life with their new family but they knew their dad! I wonder what those little guys thought? How that guy can stand to look at himself in a mirror every morning is beyond me. All for a woman :furious:

That's a horrible thing to do to those boys...both parents have now abandoned them, but I do have to say it's better than them being mistreated by the new woman in his life.

Bobbisangel
08-13-2006, 01:20 AM
That's a horrible thing to do to those boys...both parents have now abandoned them, but I do have to say it's better than them being mistreated by the new woman in his life.

I'm sure that they had a good life or at least I hope so. I couldn't even stand to look at the dad after he did that. How can you give your own children away but raise someone elses? This is mean but I hope that marriage fell flat and they ended up divorced. They moved away so who knows but I don't see how a marriage built on that type of foundation could last. I hope he was left with no one :furious:

bykerladi
08-13-2006, 11:21 AM
People who are THAT selfish and self serving shouldn't be allowed to procreate. And with ignorance like that, its unlikely the marriage will last.

missacorah
08-14-2006, 11:02 AM
How long before another pretty face comes along and he does it again?

SewingDeb
08-14-2006, 11:38 AM
I'm sure that they had a good life or at least I hope so. I couldn't even stand to look at the dad after he did that. How can you give your own children away but raise someone elses? This is mean but I hope that marriage fell flat and they ended up divorced. They moved away so who knows but I don't see how a marriage built on that type of foundation could last. I hope he was left with no one :furious:

I hope so, too.

Boyz_Mum
08-28-2006, 04:24 PM
http://www.tri-cityherald.com/tch/local/story/8112625p-8005158c.html

This link is to a newspaper article from today. It gives reference to Cody... I didn't see it posted here yet.

Boyz_Mum
08-28-2006, 04:26 PM
This link has a reference to Cody.

http://www.tri-cityherald.com/tch/local/story/8112625p-8005158c.html

I didn't see this posted yet today.

californiacarrie
08-28-2006, 04:35 PM
Very interesting. Hopefully it will lead to some answers for Cody or Sofia's family.
I haven't read through the entire thread - do we know if the sisters were ever placed back into their father's custody?

Boyz_Mum
08-28-2006, 04:41 PM
Very interesting. Hopefully it will lead to some answers for Cody or Sofia's family.
I haven't read through the entire thread - do we know if the sisters were ever placed back into their father's custody?
I don't know if the sisters were placed back with the father or not. I hope and pray that it gives someone answers somewhere, even though I hate to read about anything being found...

Bobbisangel
08-28-2006, 10:27 PM
I hope it is one of these two children. They have both been missing way to long and need to be found. I don't know about Cody's family but my guess is that they are probably shaking in their boots scared to death it is Cody! Sofia's family deserve to know where their beautiful little girl is and to be able to bury her. Can you imagine your child disappearing on her birthday! Any day would be hard enough but on her birthday.

Thanks so much for posting this and please keep us updated on this story. I wonder how long it will take for them to figure out who it is?

Montanagirl
09-01-2006, 12:21 PM
Wow. I just drove through that area on my way home from the Oregon coast and saw all the burns. Pretty desolate desert out there. And I actually thought how it would be a 'good' place to dump a body as the farms were so spread out. Itls closer to where sophia went missing. Much closer to the Tr-Cities than to Kittitas. How sad to be found that way but hopefully it will bring closure and or justice.

Bobbisangel
09-02-2006, 04:52 AM
The body hasn't been identified yet?

Montanagirl
09-05-2006, 11:37 AM
It isn't a whole body apparently.

http://www.yakima-herald.com/page/dis/286879419644356

Bobbisangel
09-06-2006, 05:26 AM
I just have a feeling that this is Cody. I hope and pray that they will be able to get viable DNA from those skull pieces. If not we may never know what happened to either of these little kids or which one it was.

I hope that Cody's dad is in fear every minute just waiting for a knock on his door. I've never heard of anyone who goes looking for car parts in the middle of the night and drives 250 miles to do it. That is just so much B.S. I think that woman killed Cody and then the dad covered for her so if this happens to be Cody they both should be put away.

Montanagirl
09-06-2006, 11:33 AM
Me too. I can't even imagine how Cody's dad could just throw him away like so much garbage? And then cover for her? And live with himself day after day knowing what he knows? Just can't get over human cruelty smetimes.:(

Bobbisangel
09-08-2006, 04:32 AM
Me too. I can't even imagine how Cody's dad could just throw him away like so much garbage? And then cover for her? And live with himself day after day knowing what he knows? Just can't get over human cruelty smetimes.:(

Just like Ricky Holland's mom and dad. He knew what had happened to Ricky and covered for that wife of his. I think both of these woman should be put away for ever. They are both full of evil...it makes me sick to think that they could treat those little boys like they have and then be able to live with it. The men are so darn whipped that they don't have a back bone left I guess. Neither would do anything to protect those little guys. It is just pitiful. They deserve to be put away for life too. They sure aren't any good to society.

Montanagirl
09-08-2006, 04:41 PM
I couldn't agree more!!!!!!!! Prison is too good for them.

Montanagirl
09-22-2006, 11:10 AM
Has there been any moe news on the skull found in Washington? I searched but couldn't find anything other than it was confirmed to have come from a child.

http://www.topix.net/city/washtucna-wa?full=92c1256498

missacorah
09-23-2006, 09:02 AM
Yes I keep checking in to see if there has been any more news on Cody.

Bobbisangel
09-25-2006, 04:15 AM
I just hate this waiting. It seems to take so long :banghead:

Montanagirl
10-25-2006, 06:37 PM
According to another forum where I've been lurking, the remains went to Texas for analysis. Has anyone heard anything about them? You would think they might at least come out and say they were still being analyzed.

Boyz_Mum
10-26-2006, 09:54 AM
I haven't seen any updates since the remains found were sent to Texas. I really wish this kind of thing didn't take so long! I understand it's a lot of work, but just wish it could be faster...

Bobbisangel
10-27-2006, 07:17 AM
Gosh, how long has it been now?

Boyz_Mum
10-27-2006, 11:00 AM
Gosh, how long has it been now?
It seems like the remains were found in mid August? I guess it's been close to a couple of months.

SewingDeb
10-27-2006, 11:05 AM
Did y'all see this comment?

http://www.topix.net/forum/city/washtucna-wa/TQSP250S40TFJFB6I

Boyz_Mum
10-27-2006, 11:18 AM
Did y'all see this comment?

http://www.topix.net/forum/city/washtucna-wa/TQSP250S40TFJFB6I
I went to the comment and read today, thanks for posting the link. In the article that the comments were for, did I read right when I read when they said it could take up to a year to make the ID? (Sometimes I am not sure if I interpret things correctly?)

The comment of the poster at the link you provided kind of echos my sentiment.

Bobbisangel
10-31-2006, 04:52 AM
I went to the comment and read today, thanks for posting the link. In the article that the comments were for, did I read right when I read when they said it could take up to a year to make the ID? (Sometimes I am not sure if I interpret things correctly?)

The comment of the poster at the link you provided kind of echos my sentiment.
.................................................. .................................................. ....

From the article:

It's not clear how long they were there. Tests may reveal the age and sex of the child.

Yakima county coroner Maury Rice says the fastest way to find out is through dental records.

D.N.A. testing could take a long time.

"You might even have to go from our state crime lab to Texas. Texas as this time isn't charging for it but we gotta stand in line, and I've been waiting for about a year now," says Rice.
.................................................. .................................................. ...

The article is kind of confusing. At the end of it it says that the bones have been sent to Texas.

Maury Rice says that she has been waiting for about a year now....but it hasn't been that long since the bones were found has it? Doesn't seem that long ago anyway. Seems like a few months though.

I just hope that once the bones are identified that the parents are arrested.

Another thing that is confusing in the article is the mother...Lisa. Is that Cody's bio mother? She says that she had a closer relationship with Cody then she had with her daughters or something to that affect. She wasn't raising Cody though. He lived with his father. I hope that isn't that girlfriend turned wife that is talking. I can't remember her name but it doesn't seem like it was Lisa. Anyone know?

I guess we just have to keep hanging in there and hope and pray that we get an answer soon and that little Cody can be laid to rest. Bless his little heart. I want to see his dad and stepmother with handcuffs on in their jail suits.

Montanagirl
11-01-2006, 11:47 AM
Is there anyone posting from Texas who might know a bit more about the lab the remains were sent to? Is there anyone to contact anyone for an update? I don't know much about what can be made public etc.

SewingDeb
11-01-2006, 12:40 PM
.................................................. .................................................. ....

From the article:

It's not clear how long they were there. Tests may reveal the age and sex of the child.

Yakima county coroner Maury Rice says the fastest way to find out is through dental records.

D.N.A. testing could take a long time.

"You might even have to go from our state crime lab to Texas. Texas as this time isn't charging for it but we gotta stand in line, and I've been waiting for about a year now," says Rice.
.................................................. .................................................. ...

The article is kind of confusing. At the end of it it says that the bones have been sent to Texas.

Maury Rice says that she has been waiting for about a year now....but it hasn't been that long since the bones were found has it? Doesn't seem that long ago anyway. Seems like a few months though.

I just hope that once the bones are identified that the parents are arrested.

Another thing that is confusing in the article is the mother...Lisa. Is that Cody's bio mother? She says that she had a closer relationship with Cody then she had with her daughters or something to that affect. She wasn't raising Cody though. He lived with his father. I hope that isn't that girlfriend turned wife that is talking. I can't remember her name but it doesn't seem like it was Lisa. Anyone know?

I guess we just have to keep hanging in there and hope and pray that we get an answer soon and that little Cody can be laid to rest. Bless his little heart. I want to see his dad and stepmother with handcuffs on in their jail suits.

I found this in one of the articles:girlfriend, Marla Jaye Harding so I guess that is the biological mother who is talking.

It is a shame that it will take so long. I went back to the link I put up a few posts back and watched the video. It says basically the same things...that it will take a year to get DNA results back from the Texas lab. It also says there is a chance this is the missing 5 year old girl Sophia Juarez.

Montanagirl
11-01-2006, 06:18 PM
I feel sorry for Sophia's family. As I recall there wasn't a lot of press coverage when she went missing. And I have a feeling it may be her since Ritzville is closer to the Tri-Cities area (I think...)

angarella
01-15-2007, 10:45 PM
Just want to "bump" for Cody ~ that kid has a very special place in my heart. :(

mistivon
01-27-2007, 02:40 PM
RITZVILLE -- DNA tests have failed to establish the identify of a child whose skull was found last summer in a field near Ritzville.

Adams County Sheriff Douglas Barger said Wednesday that technicians at a laboratory in Texas were unable to extract enough DNA from the bones. Now Barger says the FBI is offering to help.

A farmer found the skull in three pieces on August 12th in a field along U.S. Highway 395 just south of Ritzville. Despite an extensive search, no other bone fragments were found.

Authorities have said the skull might be from one of two missing children - 11-year-old Cody Haynes, who vanished from his family's home in Kittitas in September 2004, or five-year-old Sofia Juarez, who was last seen in Kennewick in February 2003.

http://www.kxly.com/news/?sect_rank=2&section_id=560&story_id=6670

Montanagirl
01-27-2007, 05:05 PM
I guess I'm not surprised, but I'm dissapointed. :(

KindraLore
12-28-2007, 09:11 PM
In searching for information about the bones found in Ritzville, I found this:

Skull found in field near Ritzville is 600 to 770 years old

The Associated Press

RITZVILLE — Pieces of a small skull that were found in a field south of town along U.S. Highway 395 last year have been found to be 600 to 770 years old, Adams County sheriff Douglas Barger says.

The results of FBI carbon dating ruled out any link to two missing children in the region, Barger said Monday.

Three bone fragments that were found on Oct. 12, 2006, after a backfire from a car started a fire in a field south of Ritzville were quickly identified as pieces of the skull of a child, but DNA testing was inconclusive.

No other bones or human remains were found in an ensuing search.
Authorities hoped the remains might shed some light on the disappearance of 11-year-old Cody Haynes of Kittitas in September 2004 or 5-year-old Sofia Juarez of Kennewick in February 2003.

Richard Haynes, the missing boy's father, was under scrutiny from authorities in Kittitas County. He reportedly told investigators he took a meandering 250-mile drive — including the stretch of U.S. 395 where the bones were found — in search of auto parts the night his son vanished. He said he believed his son was a runaway.

The little girl disappeared after being given $1 by her mother to buy candy at a convenience store.

The carbon-14 testing made it clear that the skull pieces were from an American Indian, so steps are being taken under federal law to return the bone fragments to tribal authorities, Barger said.

The Washington state Department of Archaeology and Historic Preservation also has been contacted, Undersheriff John W. Hunt said.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2003996829_webbones06.html

Boyz_Mum
12-29-2007, 06:47 AM
KindraLore, thank you for posting the article.

SewingDeb
01-15-2008, 08:45 AM
Do you all think we will ever know what happened to Cody? If he has been killed, someone out there is getting away with it. Such a shame his parents wouldn't search or attend vigils for him.

Bobbisangel
01-16-2008, 01:50 AM
Do you all think we will ever know what happened to Cody? If he has been killed, someone out there is getting away with it. Such a shame his parents wouldn't search or attend vigils for him.

I'll always believe that the dad is the guilty party. His story had so many holes in it. Heaven only knows what he did with the body if he really did drive that many miles. I wish guilt would get to him or something.

ohwell1971
05-13-2008, 07:32 PM
http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20041128/news_1n28search.html

http://betweenlifeanddeath.blogspot.com/2007/09/richard-haynes-jr-now-missing-3-years.html

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
05-17-2008, 02:49 PM
A MySpace page has been set up for Cody, I believe by his biological mother. I think the page is private, but here it is in case any of you with MySpace accounts want to add.

http://www.myspace.com/rcodyhaynes

AmandaBrown23
05-17-2008, 04:01 PM
Sure sounds like he hard a tough life. I definitely think "Dad" had something to do with it. Who goes looking for car parts at 2 am?? I sure hope they find him.

meggilyweggily
05-17-2008, 06:56 PM
I've never understood why a missing persons Myspace site would be private. Isn't its very purpose supposed to be to publicize a disappearance? It can hardly do that if nobody but friends can view the page.

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
05-17-2008, 07:54 PM
I'm not 100% sure on this, but it might be because she listed CODY's age instead of hers. I'm not exactly sure on MySpace's new privacy rules for younger kids, but I have a suspicion if you're under 16 your page is private? I'm sure you can change it, but maybe she doesn't know that. I will try to leave her a message and see what can be done.

AmandaBrown23
05-17-2008, 10:05 PM
I'm not 100% sure on this, but it might be because she listed CODY's age instead of hers. I'm not exactly sure on MySpace's new privacy rules for younger kids, but I have a suspicion if you're under 16 your page is private? I'm sure you can change it, but maybe she doesn't know that. I will try to leave her a message and see what can be done.

You are correct, if you are under 16 its automatically private/

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
05-19-2008, 10:10 PM
Cody's page is now viewable to the public. :)

www.myspace.com/rcodyhaynes (http://www.myspace.com/rcodyhaynes)

lisag
05-21-2008, 08:33 AM
So sad. It certainly sounds like Cody had a terrible life at home... It really does sound like his so-called father has something to do with this...
Poor boy....

imamaze
08-01-2009, 10:22 PM
Cody Haynes (http://www.codyhaynes.org/)

The Charley Project: Richard Lee Haynes Jr. (Cody) (http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/h/haynes_richard.html)

If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Kittitas Police Dept. 509-925-8534[b]

[B]National Center for Missing & Exploited Children: Richard Lee Haynes (Cody) (http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/PubCaseSearchServlet?act=viewChildDetail&caseNum=996768&orgPrefix=NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US)

Case Type: Endangered Missing
DOB: Apr 16, 1993 Sex: Male
Missing Date: Sep 12, 2004 Race: White
Age Now: 16 Height: 5'0" (152 cm)
Missing City: KITTITAS Weight: 90 lbs (41 kg)
Missing State : WA Hair Color: Brown
Missing Country: United States Eye Color: Blue
Case Number: NCMC996768

Boyz_Mum
08-02-2009, 02:15 AM

I know you typed this a long time ago, but I do hope we will find out what happened to Cody. If someone killed him, I pray they don't get away with it and are brought to justice.

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
09-12-2009, 03:34 PM
Bumping for Cody. Today is the 5th anniversary of his disappearance.

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
09-12-2009, 03:35 PM
Bumping for Cody. Today is the 5th anniversary of his disappearance.

Norway
02-05-2011, 01:06 PM
I have followed this case since day one. Is his father been convicted yet? Or isn't he even arrested?

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
02-06-2011, 05:23 AM
There have been no arrests in Cody's case. :(

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
04-17-2011, 09:57 PM
Cody would have turned 18 years old yesterday.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lek2ylTvWu1qbvz7ro1_400.jpg
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lek2ylTvWu1qbvz7ro1_400.jpg

couggal
04-17-2011, 11:11 PM
And he would have been a free man to leave his father. So sad. Happy birthday sweet boy!

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
09-11-2011, 03:39 PM
Memorial to be held Monday for boy missing since 2004

Seven years after his disappearance, the memory of 11-year-old Richard "Cody" Haynes Jr. still weighs on the residents of Kittitas.

A candlelight vigil will be held for Cody on Monday night at Community Hall Park in the rural town of 1,500 about 9 miles east of Ellensburg.

[snip]

Helland said the FBI has taken the lead on the case and the investigation is still active, though he has no knowledge of the details.

http://www.yakima-herald.com/stories/2011/09/10/memorial-to-be-held-monday-for-boy-missing-since-2004

belfastgirl73
11-29-2011, 10:17 PM
Bumping for Cody. :bump:

wantjustice
01-02-2012, 01:10 AM
So sad what some people do to kids! May Cody have justice soon!

chissus
02-03-2012, 01:43 PM
I am so sad that someone got away with murdering this darling little boy. His picture is still up in the grocery store. Cody, rest in peace.

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
04-23-2012, 03:12 AM
Cody age-progressed to 18 (he just turned 19 last week).

http://www.missingkids.com/photographs/NCMC996768e1.jpg

http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/PubCaseSearchServlet?act=viewChildDetail&caseNum=996768&orgPrefix=NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
06-06-2012, 01:20 AM
Cody Haynes Foundation for Missing Children -http://codyhaynesfoundation.webs.com/

Also, Cody's Facebook page is very active - https://www.facebook.com/RichardCodyHaynes

And there will be a vigil this September, on the 8th anniversary of Cody's disappearance.

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
06-09-2012, 09:07 PM
The Story Of Cody Haynes - YouTube

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
07-29-2012, 05:25 PM
New website for Cody.

http://justiceforcody.org/

belfastgirl73
08-14-2012, 07:54 PM
Nothing new to add, sadly. Cody wherever you may be, I hope you are at peace sweet boy. I for one, won't forget.

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
09-13-2012, 12:56 AM
Friends & Family Host Vigil For Missing Kittitas Boy

Kittitas County residents are holding a vigil tonight for a boy who went missing 8 years ago.

[snip]

Authorities say they have no leads.

More: http://www.kapptv.com/article/2012/sep/12/friends-family-host-vigil-missing-kittitas-boy/

Vigil for Cody Haynes planned

A vigil for missing Kittitas boy Richard “Cody” Haynes is scheduled for 6 p.m. Wednesday at the Kittitas Community Center, 200 N. Pierce St. in Kittitas.

[snip]

Police have said Cody’s father and stepmother have not cooperated with investigators from the beginning. According to earlier reports by the Daily Record, police learned an altercation took place between Marla Harding-Haynes (Cody’s stepmother) and Cody when he refused to do the dishes and put leftovers away.

The boy reportedly was made to sit at a table for nearly four hours before being told to go to his bedroom around midnight. Cody was to stay in his bedroom throughout the day of Sept. 12. No one reportedly checked on Cody until 5 p.m. on Sept. 12. That left about 17 hours in which no one had contact with Cody. The family said the boy disappeared during that time.

Cody would be 19 today.

More: http://www.dailyrecordnews.com/free/news/vigil-for-cody-haynes-planned/article_123276de-fc45-11e1-a051-0019bb2963f4.html

Slmineburg
11-01-2012, 12:27 PM
Today at Blog Talk Radio, "Bring Them Home Now" will have a show about Cody. the Preview states that "family" will be on the show to discuss his disapperance. http://www.blogtalkradio.com/bringthemhomenow

aujum9
11-17-2012, 03:02 PM
missing from Kittitas Wa Cody Haynes. He went missing in 2004 at age 11. His father and step mother were the last people to see him. Cody was severely beaten the night he went missing for refusing to put away the leftovers. His siblings were in the home at the time and the oldest daughter witnessed him being beaten before she to was sent to her room. Cody's sisters could hear the cry's from the kitchen until they heard a loud thud and his sisters could no longer hear there cry's. The hallway to Cody's room that he shared with his father was blocked off and his sisters were told to stay away from his room. The girls still remember the regular beatings they had to endure and still have not gotten any help with there emotional problems. The oldest daughter now has multiple personalities and suffers from actual pain with she remembers or see's the house they lived in. Cody's father took a very suspicious trip the night Cody went missing. He Left at 2am on the night Cody went missing. He claimed he went to look for car parts for his truck but has now changed his story to "I went to cool off". He did not return to the home until 4pm the next evening and that is when Cody was checked on for the first time since he was sent to his room the night before. For 14 hours nobody checked on Cody at all. It was a 2 story home and his room was upstairs and there would be no way he could jump from that high up. Cps was called to the home several times by the school and other departments. The kids were made to stand outside in the cold with no shoes or coats as a form of punishment. After that the children were taken out of school to be home schooled by the stepmother. She actually worked at the kittitas Cps so somehow the cps reports were not looked at and the children were left in the home. It wasn't until after Cody went missing that the children were taken. They all suffer from the abuse they went through by their father and stepmother Richard Haynes and Marla Harding. We dont understand why Cody's case was allowed to slip through the cracks of the system that was supposed to protect him. Especially after Cps was already called by the school principle. The van that Richard Haynes left in that night was seen backed up to the house by a neighbor. A few days after that night Cody's father sold that van to a cab company and it just happened to catch fire within a week. A cab company would not buy a beat up 20 year old van to use as a cab so we believe the van was purposely caught on fire to get rid of evince. After Cody went missing the PD treated the case as a runaway until a witness came forward. The floor in the kitchen was investigated only to find out that Richard Haynes replaced the floor of there rental house without the landlords permission. When the chief of police started questioning Richard about where he went that night Rick filed a restraining order on the Chief for harassment. The restraining order was never put in place. The Police station was less that 2 blocks from the home where he went missing and the Chief of police made a statement that he knew of the girls in the Haynes home but never know there was a boy living there until Cody went missing. People who know of the family have said Cody was treated different because of the way he talked. Throughout the years we have had Vigils and fundraisers for Cody and Richard Haynes has never come to one. He hasn't put up one flier or made any effort to find Cody. Richard Haynes left the state of Colorado and took the children without permission of his mother. Richard stated that Cody's mother Lisa was serving time in prison which was not true. That information got out to reporters and it was posted everywhere that Cody's case was told. We recently had a national radio station interview Cody's Mom Lisa and the rumor was cleared up by a statement by the Chief of Police in Kittitas. We have sent out documents to the sites that are posting this lie allowing 72 hours for the content to be removed before we transfer each individual case to out attorney to be held accountable in court. These accusations are stalling our efforts to find Cody as we are constantly having to defend and explain that what they are reading is false.
Kittitas is a very small town and it was a 2 man police force. With little to no media coverage we need some kind of help to get this story out. We have tried to get Cody on America's Most Wanted but they need the cooperation of the Kittitas Police Department but they are for some reason unwilling. We are not sure why they are keeping very quiet about this case. We have become our own investigators and have given the department several leads but they never follow through. We need help from all sides and we are not sure if we can even trust the police department. Cody's father has till this day never been questioned and bothe he and the stepmother walk free even after all the reports of physical and sexual abuse against the children. We just dont know what else to do.
This is the interview by the radio station.
http://soundcloud.com/codys-evps/what-really-happened-to-cody?utm_source=soundcloud&utm_campaign=wid
getshare&utm_medium=facebook&utm_content=http%3A%2F%2Fsoundcloud.com%2Fcodys-evps%2Fwhat-really-ha
ppened-to-cody

I am Cody's cousin and we are trying to get any kind of help we can.

https://www.facebook.com/JusticeForCodyHaynes

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=423246987710700&set=pb.410416152327117.-2207520000.1353182519&type=3&theater

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
12-18-2012, 12:17 AM
Blog Talk Radio did a show for Cody tonight. His family speaks.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/bringthemhomenow/2012/12/18/we-want-justice-for-cody-haynes-for-christmas#.UM8jvry3_6E.facebook

dizzigirl1
12-25-2012, 04:40 AM
So sad. Reading Cody's story is the reason i joined today. Christmas Day. I wish for Cody to be found.

neverletgo
12-25-2012, 07:14 AM
So sad. Reading Cody's story is the reason i joined today. Christmas Day. I wish for Cody to be found.

:welcome:, dizzigirl1! I agree . . . Cody's story is heartbreaking. :cry:

dizzigirl1
01-06-2013, 03:54 AM
I hope that 2013 is the year we can give some peace to Cody's family, get to the truth & find him. It's been far too long :-(

neverletgo
05-01-2013, 04:47 PM
:bump: for Cody. :heartbeat:

Snipped:

Cody apparently slipped out unnoticed during this time and arranged his stuffed animals on the bed to make it look like he was asleep. He took a black and green camouflage-patterned bag of clothing with him, but it was later found in a shed near his house. Investigators believe Cody may have hidden the bag there and planned to return for it later. His bicycle was also found in the shed.

http://i.imgur.com/RXo2fCI.jpg
Richard Lee Haynes Jr. (http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/h/haynes_richard.html)

summer_breeze
05-11-2013, 07:06 AM
http://www.kimatv.com/home/video/Mom-wont-give-up-on-son-missing-almost-9-years-207008631.html

By Natalie Eucce Published: May 10, 2013 at 6:08 PM PDT

SELAH, Wash.-- The return of the missing Cleveland women has given renewed hope to a Selah mom who's spent roughly the same amount of time searching for her son. Cody Haynes vanished from Kittitas back in 2004. She doesn't expect the same result as what happened in Cleveland but she'll never give up, either.

GateKeeper
05-12-2013, 02:21 PM
Here is an ad on CL regarding the search for Cody.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/est/com/3778124697.html

I hope its alright to post this.....if not,sorry mods. Ill take the beatin for it.:o

GateKeeper
05-12-2013, 02:26 PM
https://www.facebook.com/JusticeForCodyHaynes?fref=ts

https://www.facebook.com/events/175189199304554/?context=create

aujum9
05-12-2013, 05:35 PM
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=520881971280534&set=a.410764688958930.92837.410416152327117&type=1&theater
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=496684050366993&set=pb.410416152327117.-2207520000.1368389129.&type=3&theater
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=423246987710700&set=pb.410416152327117.-2207520000.1368389257.&type=3&theater
Hi all. I am Cody's Cousin. He didnt slip out on his own. That is what his father and his live in girl friend says. .

Please visit his page. We will be in sprague WA, to search for Cody. We have gotten information leading to this location from the locals that knew Codys father and step mother. we have had to become our own investigators and this is the hardest thing our family has had to go through. We are on our own. Without the public we are at a stand still. The local police wont even cooperate with Americas Most wanted to get Cody on the show. We have no idea why. They along with CPS has failed Cody from the very beginning.

K-9 Forensics search group from New Mexico is going to be searching for Cody with their team at a later date. We have setup a go fund me account at this link.
http://www.********.com/2u7ep0

Here is a bit about Cody's story.

Richard “CODY” Haynes was only 11 years old when he vanished from his father’s home, on September 12, 2004. His father, Richard “RICK” Haynes and his girlfriend, Marla Jaye Harding, beat Cody for more than 6 hours. He was made to stand in a 5 gallon bucket, with his urine on his feet, as they continued to torture Cody unmercifully. Around 12:30 am, Cody’s older sister went into the kitchen and begged them to stop. She was then hit over the head, told to go to her room and mind her own business. She heard Cody getting hit a few more times, then heard a ‘thud’ on the floor. The beating had stopped. At this point is when Rick decided to go looking for car parts for a 1954 Kaiser. He left that house reportedly at 2:30 am. (mind you it’s a SUNDAY)
When Cody’s sisters awoke in the morning, they were told by Marla to not go near Cody’s room. Chairs had been placed in the hallway, preventing his sisters to check in on him. During the time that Rick was wondering around rural Washington, Marla had gone across the street from the apartment in Kittitas more than 5 times, ’to buy cigarettes’. Around 3 pm, she ’looked in’ Cody’s room, and noticed he wasn’t there. She called Rick to come home, then she called police, to report Cody missing, at 6pm.
With incriminating statements to law enforcement, such as, “I’m not loosing my freedom for anything”, by Marla, and Rick stating “I’m not talking without my attorney present, No way!” really makes one wonder what exactly would they loose their freedom over, and why would he need an attorney to find Cody?!
Here we are, more than 8 ½ years later, without Cody. We have more questions than answers.

Cody was just a young, rambunctious little boy, with the mind of a scientist. Always wondering what next he could figure out on his own. He made is own bubble gum, rock candy and crystals. A very bright mind, with an entire future of science in front of him. All taken away on that horrible night by 2 ’adults’ that were suppose to nurture his creativity.

Cody was last seen wearing his blue pajamas, with a design of planes or trucks on them.
Green eyes, brown hair, a birthmark on the inside of his thigh, and dimples to fall in love with.

Throughout this ordeal there has been reports by the media that his mother was in prison at the time of his disappearance. TOTALLY untrue. She never spent any time in prison and that was confirmed by the Chief of police in a radio interview. Blog talk radio has done interviews of Lisa (Cody's Mother). Any search engine will pop up those interviews.

This is the latest TV interview
http://www.google.com/url?sa=X&q=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.kimatv.com%2Fhome%2Fvideo%2FMom-wont-give-up-on-son-missing-almost-9-years-207008631.html&ct=ga&cad=CAcQARgBIAAoATAAOABAt8i2jAVIAVAAWABiBWVuLVVT&cd=soZWB6F0wDQ&usg=AFQjCNHFagHJQFBkSqkG71_EumkbPUp3pA

The newspaper article of his story.
http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=v9JYAAAAIBAJ&sjid=AfMDAAAAIBAJ&pg=6971%2C3700920&dq=richard+cody+haynes+missing+g%3Alockittitas_wa&hl=en

GateKeeper
05-13-2013, 09:39 PM
Thank you so much aujum :o
It really would be amazing to finally bring Cody home...and give the family some peace. The info you posted is much appreciated. And I hope you know that Cody is still in all our thoughts. He hasnt been forgotten.

GateKeeper
05-13-2013, 09:52 PM
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=520881971280534&set=a.410764688958930.92837.410416152327117&type=1&theater
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=496684050366993&set=pb.410416152327117.-2207520000.1368389129.&type=3&theater
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=423246987710700&set=pb.410416152327117.-2207520000.1368389257.&type=3&theater
Hi all. I am Cody's Cousin. He didnt slip out on his own. That is what his father and his live in girl friend says. .

Please visit his page. We will be in sprague WA, to search for Cody. We have gotten information leading to this location from the locals that knew Codys father and step mother. we have had to become our own investigators and this is the hardest thing our family has had to go through. We are on our own. Without the public we are at a stand still. The local police wont even cooperate with Americas Most wanted to get Cody on the show. We have no idea why. They along with CPS has failed Cody from the very beginning.

K-9 Forensics search group from New Mexico is going to be searching for Cody with their team at a later date. We have setup a go fund me account at this link.
http://www.********.com/2u7ep0

Here is a bit about Cody's story.

Richard “CODY” Haynes was only 11 years old when he vanished from his father’s home, on September 12, 2004. His father, Richard “RICK” Haynes and his girlfriend, Marla Jaye Harding, beat Cody for more than 6 hours. He was made to stand in a 5 gallon bucket, with his urine on his feet, as they continued to torture Cody unmercifully. Around 12:30 am, Cody’s older sister went into the kitchen and begged them to stop. She was then hit over the head, told to go to her room and mind her own business. She heard Cody getting hit a few more times, then heard a ‘thud’ on the floor. The beating had stopped. At this point is when Rick decided to go looking for car parts for a 1954 Kaiser. He left that house reportedly at 2:30 am. (mind you it’s a SUNDAY)
When Cody’s sisters awoke in the morning, they were told by Marla to not go near Cody’s room. Chairs had been placed in the hallway, preventing his sisters to check in on him. During the time that Rick was wondering around rural Washington, Marla had gone across the street from the apartment in Kittitas more than 5 times, ’to buy cigarettes’. Around 3 pm, she ’looked in’ Cody’s room, and noticed he wasn’t there. She called Rick to come home, then she called police, to report Cody missing, at 6pm.
With incriminating statements to law enforcement, such as, “I’m not loosing my freedom for anything”, by Marla, and Rick stating “I’m not talking without my attorney present, No way!” really makes one wonder what exactly would they loose their freedom over, and why would he need an attorney to find Cody?!
Here we are, more than 8 ½ years later, without Cody. We have more questions than answers.

Cody was just a young, rambunctious little boy, with the mind of a scientist. Always wondering what next he could figure out on his own. He made is own bubble gum, rock candy and crystals. A very bright mind, with an entire future of science in front of him. All taken away on that horrible night by 2 ’adults’ that were suppose to nurture his creativity.

Cody was last seen wearing his blue pajamas, with a design of planes or trucks on them.
Green eyes, brown hair, a birthmark on the inside of his thigh, and dimples to fall in love with.

Throughout this ordeal there has been reports by the media that his mother was in prison at the time of his disappearance. TOTALLY untrue. She never spent any time in prison and that was confirmed by the Chief of police in a radio interview. Blog talk radio has done interviews of Lisa (Cody's Mother). Any search engine will pop up those interviews.

This is the latest TV interview
http://www.google.com/url?sa=X&q=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.kimatv.com%2Fhome%2Fvideo%2FMom-wont-give-up-on-son-missing-almost-9-years-207008631.html&ct=ga&cad=CAcQARgBIAAoATAAOABAt8i2jAVIAVAAWABiBWVuLVVT&cd=soZWB6F0wDQ&usg=AFQjCNHFagHJQFBkSqkG71_EumkbPUp3pA

The newspaper article of his story.
http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=v9JYAAAAIBAJ&sjid=AfMDAAAAIBAJ&pg=6971%2C3700920&dq=richard+cody+haynes+missing+g%3Alockittitas_wa&hl=en

It sounds like you could use a little help making folks aware of Codys case again.
Ya know...the mods here at WS are amazing,and Ill bet if you gave SheWhoMustNotBeNamed a holler,perhaps they could bump up this case...and get us talking about it again. Its been awhile,and maybe theres some new info out there.

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
05-14-2013, 12:08 AM
Hi Aujum9.

I've heard a little bit about the search for Cody coming up from the Facebook page. Is a specific group putting it on, or just your family/friends organizing it? I wish you luck. If I could get away from work that day I'd be there, but unfortunately I can't. But I'll spread the word on Facebook and see what we can do here as well.

Has anyone contacted Texas Equusearch? They are an amazing search organization. However...Law Enforcement has to give their consent for Texas Equusearch to become involved. So that may be a hurdle.

aujum9
05-18-2013, 11:56 AM
We (Cody's family on his Moms side) are leading the search for Cody. We have reason to believe he is there. We have contacted Texas Equusearch and you are right about needing permission by local Police. unfortunately they are unwilling to cooperate. They wont even cooperate with Americas most wanted to get Cody on the show. Sad really. Sharing would be great. Thank you so much for any help.

kai
05-18-2013, 12:06 PM
Are Richard and Marla still a couple?

Best of luck with your search! I hope Cody can be brought home and your family finds peace.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

aujum9
05-18-2013, 05:42 PM
Rick and Marla got married right after Cody went missing to avoid being questioned. As a couple they got "lawyer-ed up" (as the police chief put it) and have never been re-questioned again. The police had evidence that brought them back to the home Cody lived it, only to find the Rick and Marla had replaced the flooring in the kitchen without the consent of the landlord. I would have thought the police would have talked to them again. So many things were mishandled and overlooked that we are so frustrated. We are hoping that our search is almost over and we can bring Cody home to a proper burial and closure.

aujum9
05-18-2013, 06:09 PM
I have started a page on Facebook for all the missing children in Washington State. https://www.facebook.com/NationalMissingChildrensDayInWashingtonState Cody's cased made me want to help in any way I can. Sharing and posting for other parents and family is a great way to get there faces out at a very rapid pace. I also help create the flyers on some other pages I admin. If anyone needs or wants a poster made, I would be happy to take on that task. Here are a few I have recently done as well as the missing child posters on Washington State Missing Children Facebook page. Not sure if the pictures will show up but I will have them on the link above.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=473563099400314&set=pb.420355378054420.-2207520000.1368914424.&type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=486382961451661&set=a.420660804690544.94776.420355378054420&type=1&theater

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=514007188634679&set=pb.410416152327117.-2207520000.1368914861.&type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=509031132465618&set=pb.410416152327117.-2207520000.1368914873.&type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=471826502907307&set=a.420361618053796.94753.420355378054420&type=1&theater

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
05-18-2013, 07:21 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/419584_644880638859250_1227645242_n.jpg

Kimster
05-25-2013, 11:43 AM
If you can't join the search today, please lift up your thoughts and prayers that those on the ground find Cody, if he's out there!

:praying:

What an adorable little boy he was in 2004!!!

YidArmyRach
05-25-2013, 12:41 PM
If you can't join the search today, please lift up your thoughts and prayers that those on the ground find Cody, if he's out there!

:praying:

What an adorable little boy he was in 2004!!!

My eldest son is a similar age to Cody. This story breaks my heart. He looked to be such a gorgeous boy, full of fun. How could any parent not love him?

I hope he can finally be found and laid to rest in a dignified way, and I hope those responsible finally get the justice they deserve. His poor sisters too, imagine witnessing that and being unable to do anything about it.

Teche
05-25-2013, 06:37 PM
Prayers and positive thoughts for Cody and the searchers.

SaucyGal
05-25-2013, 06:41 PM
This story is heartbreaking. As a mother of four children, I cannot imagine not knowing their whereabouts. It is one of my ultimate fears. I am sending positive thoughts and energies to the searchers.

Children are a gift and meant to be protected, nurtured, and loved. I think I was very naive to the harm that can/does come to children at the hands of those meant to love them when I joined this site.

I hope most of all that the family, Cody's loving family and Cody, can find some peace and closure. If something happened to Cody that ended his life - may justice and punishment be brought to those responsible. My heart is heavy but hopeful that something positive will come from this situation. :please:

aujum9
05-25-2013, 08:18 PM
Glad you got his poster I made for the search. Thank you Moderator! The search today started out hopeful but ended up empty. Another place checked off the list. We will keep searching and we are hopeful that K-9 forensics will be of help to us. They will be here after they wrap up with the Dylan Redwine case. I will let everyone know how that goes. Thank you for all for the support. I have put together a large poster of the missing children in Washington State. You can get updates of this photo at a Facebook page my sister and I run. Washington State Missing Children https://www.facebook.com/NationalMissingChildrensDayInWashingtonState
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=471826502907307&set=a.420361618053796.94753.420355378054420&type=1&theater

aujum9
05-25-2013, 08:54 PM
Im Sorry I missed some of the posts above. The search today was put on by us. The search with the K-9 team is also by us. Although the location of that search will be kept private. The K-9 team want there dogs to focus on Cody's scent.

Kadence
05-25-2013, 09:15 PM
My eldest son is a similar age to Cody. This story breaks my heart. He looked to be such a gorgeous boy, full of fun. How could any parent not love him?

I hope he can finally be found and laid to rest in a dignified way, and I hope those responsible finally get the justice they deserve. His poor sisters too, imagine witnessing that and being unable to do anything about it.

Beautifully written and mirrors my thoughts exactly. Many failed this angel and I hope they are held responsible. This should just not happen, EVER. I'm sadder than sad but madder than mad for this child.

northxnorthwest
05-25-2013, 09:38 PM
Good luck to the searchers out there today!!!!!

I really hope Cody gets justice after all these years, I can't believe the parents just lawyered up and nothing could be done, I hope Cody's siblings are safe and haven't been abused :(

GateKeeper
05-25-2013, 10:03 PM
Thanks SWMNBN for putting some stream back in Cody's thread...you're the best ;)

MagnoliaMountain
05-26-2013, 05:08 AM
Thinking of Cody and all those that love him and want him to be found.

GateKeeper
05-26-2013, 12:02 PM
http://www.kimatv.com/home/video/Mom-wont-give-up-on-son-missing-almost-9-years-207008631.html

Mom won't give up on missing son after almost 9 years

"We're not stopping until we bring him home," Doney said.

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
05-26-2013, 10:53 PM
Thanks SWMNBN for putting some stream back in Cody's thread...you're the best ;)

And Kimster was awesome and put Cody as the Spotlight Case this week on the home page! Check it out!

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/home.php

Penny Lane
05-27-2013, 01:37 PM
Bumping for this beautiful boy!

GateKeeper
05-27-2013, 02:36 PM
And Kimster was awesome and put Cody as the Spotlight Case this week on the home page! Check it out!

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/home.php

YES!! Thanks Kimster for putting Cody right up front!!! :seeya:

WS has the worlds greatest mods...no doubt! Thanks again you guys for EVERYTHING you do !! :heartbeat:

Kadence
05-28-2013, 11:01 PM
Bumpin' for Cody! Come on WSers let's bring this young man home, he deserves it! aujum9 - any word? If anyone can help your family, it's the people here - they are amazing in their dedication and abilities!

Kadence
06-01-2013, 11:37 PM
Bumpin' for Cody again! aujum9 - any updates for us on the search or any other info would like to share that Wsers could use to help find Cody?

Kadence
06-02-2013, 10:50 PM
Don't think this website has been posted yet:

http://www.change.org/petitions/demand-answers-for-justice-for-richard-cody-haynes-arrest-marla-harding-and-richard-haynes-sr

Mods, I'm new to WS so please let me know if I'm not allowed to link this. For some reason this little guy has gotten into my head and every time I log in,his precious face just breaks my heart. Someone knows something, obviously, it must be very difficult to carry it around for so many years - it must be a very heavy burden.

Maybe, if you're reading, you can release that burden and let Cody come home to those who love him? Please...

mikkismom
06-04-2013, 10:04 AM
Human bones found near Ellensburg canal

http://www.seattlepi.com/news/article/Human-bones-found-near-Ellensburg-canal-4574808.php

Remains found in search for missing Kittitas boy

http://www.kimatv.com/news/local/Human-remains-found-during-search-for-missing-boy-210025271.html

Beamie
06-04-2013, 10:14 AM
Oh no

mikkismom
06-04-2013, 10:20 AM
Bones found during search for missing boy

http://www.yakimaherald.com/news/latestlocalnews/1202574-8/bones-found-during-search-for-missing-boy

The Cheese
06-04-2013, 10:39 AM
The Kittitas County prosecutor’s office says initial reports indicate bones found Monday during a private search for a missing Kittitas boy appear to be animal remains.

snipped

A private investigation firm from California working with Haynes’ mother said in a Facebook post Monday that the bones were believed to be human remains.

Kittitas County prosecutor Greg Zempel says the sheriff’s office told him Monday night that the remains would be sent to an anthropologist for review, but they appear to belong to an animnal.

http://www.yakimaherald.com/news/latestlocalnews/1202574-8/bones-found-during-search-for-missing-boy

The searcher is Wendy Kessinger of K-9 Forensics, the same one who claimed her dogs found "human flesh" and blood in the Tammy Salle landfill search. Police testing revealed the "flesh" wasn't flesh, and wasn't human, and the blood wasn't human. Tammy's remains were found some time later a distance away in a river.

K-9 Forensics' facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/K-9-Forensics/249798878409404?fref=ts

mikkismom
06-04-2013, 01:04 PM
Bones found near Ellensburg canal not human

Read more here: http://www.bellinghamherald.com/2013/06/04/3037388/human-bones-found-near-ellensburg.html#storylink=cpy

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
06-04-2013, 02:45 PM
What a rollercoaster of emotions that must have been for Cody's mom and loved ones. :(

Frannie
06-04-2013, 04:07 PM
Where was Cady's mom 8 years ago?????? Why had he been left with the father ????? How come the girls are in foster care apparently to this date instead of with her ??????
Bring him back to his loving family you say..... I say: he did not have one.

Every time I see his beautiful little face, I feel like crying. How many children have cute pictures and yet are living through hell????????????

AzPistonsGirl
06-04-2013, 06:38 PM
he seems like a very smart young man. I would like to hold on to hope that he escaped that hell and has been living his life in some kinda of protective custody.

Is LE refusing to help with the AMW piece because they know something? Or because they do not want incompetence (or lack of resources?) exposed?

So sad, glad to help bump Cody's case.

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
06-04-2013, 08:20 PM
Cody's mom is considered a victim here. She may not be perfect (who is?!) but she did not disappear her son. She and her family have been the ones trying to find him!

Victim Friendly
Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civil and constructive way and ONLY IF IT IS RELEVANT TO THE CASE. Additionally, sleuthing family members that are not suspects is not allowed.

From: Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
06-04-2013, 10:22 PM
Search Continues for Cody Haynes

A Special Operations K-9 Forensics Team will continue their search efforts for Cody Haynes.

[snip]

The team said they're searching several other areas of high interest, and they're also back out along Stevens Road. The team said there's probable cause that Cody's remains could be in that area.

http://www.kndu.com/story/22503557/search-continues-for-cody-haynes

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
06-05-2013, 09:00 PM
I wanted to go back through the old articles on this case. See what was initially reported. Go over it again. I tried to get the key points out of them.

Kittitas boy not found, Authorities call off local search
September 16, 2004

-Authorities reluctantly called off the search for an 11-year-old runaway Kittitas boy Wednesday afternoon when rescuers could not locate the child.

-"We are losing hope this kid is at a friend's house."

-More than 30 Kittitas County Search & Rescue team members, using two dog teams, conducted door-to-door interviews with Kittitas residents and performed searches. A U.S. Army helicopter conducted aerial searches of the Yakima Training Center boundaries and the John Wayne Trail.

-Dogs picked up Cody's scent where he was known to play

http://www.dailyrecordnews.com/news/kittitas-boy-not-foundauthorities-call-off-local-search/article_6b429c6c-95cb-54d2-9435-8c1f682ed0a5.html

Haynes siblings taken by state
September 23, 2004

-4 remaining children removed by CPS workers Tuesday night on accusations of abuse and neglect.

-Haynes' daughters, ages 8, 10, 12 and 13...

-Not the first time Haynes and Harding have been investigated by CPS

-Harding told police they could speak with the children, but only if she, the children's father or family attorney was present during the interview.

http://www.dailyrecordnews.com/news/haynes-siblings-taken-by-state/article_35235fac-b6ce-5a5f-9e46-620133710b15.html

What happened to missing boy?
September 29, 2004

http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=cAofAAAAIBAJ&sjid=IcsEAAAAIBAJ&pg=1330%2C4107382&dq=richard+cody+haynes+missing+|+cody+|+haynes&hl=en (http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=cAofAAAAIBAJ&sjid=IcsEAAAAIBAJ&pg=1330%2C4107382&dq=richard+cody+haynes+missing+%7C+cody+%7C+haynes&hl=en)

Don't forget that Cody Haynes is still missing
November 11, 2004

http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=0zkfAAAAIBAJ&sjid=vcoEAAAAIBAJ&pg=1291%2C1321364&dq=richard+cody+haynes+missing+|+cody+|+haynes&hl=en (http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=0zkfAAAAIBAJ&sjid=vcoEAAAAIBAJ&pg=1291%2C1321364&dq=richard+cody+haynes+missing+%7C+cody+%7C+haynes&hl=en)

Father, girlfriend refusing to talk to police
November 26, 2004

-Only 8 tips received, all unfounded

-Cody's mother ruled out as suspect

-Police chief knew that 4 girls lived in Haynes home, but had no idea Cody lived there

-Haynes and Harding have both retained a lawyer and are refusing to talk

-Not POIs at this point but their actions are "curious and strange"

-Evidence of excessive corporal punishment and possible sexual abuse

-When asked if it was possible if Cody was dead - "Oh, no, not a chance. He's not dead. He's not dead."

-His trip took him from Kittitas to Toppenish to Yakima to Naches, a "wrong turn" took him to Ritzville, he went as far east as Sprague, where he broke down, then came back to Kittitas

-Harding told police chief he couldn't question the girls because "I'm not going to lose my freedom for anything"

-Didn't attend community search on September 15 or vigil

http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=QZAyAAAAIBAJ&sjid=6PIDAAAAIBAJ&pg=2764,7328&dq=richard+haynes+missing&hl=en

For many kids, home is scary place
November 27, 2004

http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=QpAyAAAAIBAJ&sjid=6PIDAAAAIBAJ&pg=6328,654828&dq=richard+haynes+missing&hl=en

Family refuses to assist authorities in search for missing Washington boy
November 28, 2004

http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=Y9UpAAAAIBAJ&sjid=QdAEAAAAIBAJ&pg=4191,6763612&dq=richard+haynes+missing&hl=en

Family won't aid in search for boy
November 28, 2004

-Now missing 11 weeks

-"We don't have squat," Dunnagan told the newspaper last week. He fears the worst but has not asked for outside law-enforcement help.

http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/2002102786_missingboy28m.html

Cody Haynes case reaches a standstill, Police hoping for break in case of missing 11-year-old boy
December 3, 2004

-Cody's family moved from Colorado when he was 5 or 6

-Homeschooled, not allowed to use a computer, no close friends

-It was Marla who refused to let Richard talk to police alone, or without a lawyer

-Kittitas County has used an airplane to look for Cody in areas he may have been able to travel on foot (10 air hours over the past week)

http://www.dailyrecordnews.com/news/cody-haynes-case-reaches-a-standstillpolice-hoping-for-break-in/article_97e9d42c-1b5a-5ed0-b0e3-ecec6c3897b4.html

Haynes' sisters to remain in foster care
December 22, 2004

-4 daughters will remain in foster care for another 6 months

-Conducting thorough background investigation on Haynes and Harding

-FBI forensics behaviorist spoke with 4 girls but didn't come up with anything new

http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=7jkfAAAAIBAJ&sjid=vcoEAAAAIBAJ&pg=5497%2C7108230&dq=richard+cody+haynes+missing+|+cody+|+haynes&hl=en (http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=7jkfAAAAIBAJ&sjid=vcoEAAAAIBAJ&pg=5497%2C7108230&dq=richard+cody+haynes+missing+%7C+cody+%7C+haynes&hl=en)

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
06-05-2013, 09:02 PM

Richard files for restraining order against chief of police, not granted
January 2005

Cops search house where missing Kittitas boy lived, Materials sent to crime lab
Februrary 15, 2005

-Members of the Washington State Patrol crime lab served a search warrant Monday on the home and automobiles belonging to Richard Haynes and Marla Harding-Haynes to seek evidence Cody Haynes suffered some form of abuse the night before he was reported missing.

-Investigators removed "several articles from the house" to be sent to crime lab

-Looking for evidence of an assault or physical child abuse

-Officers still have no reason to suspect Cody is anything but a runaway

-Has to consider Cody might be dead since he's been missing 6 months

http://www.dailyrecordnews.com/news/cops-search-house-where-missing-kittitas-boy-livedmaterials-sent-to/article_0c965d84-5c0b-526d-b83e-7d424b59c3b4.html

Police search apartment of missing boy
February 15, 2005

-Cody's oldest sister said he was beaten severely, giving investigators enough evidence to get a probable cause search warrant

-They were looking for blood, specifically in the kitchen, but found the kitchen flooring had been replaced without landlord consent

-They later seized a computer

-Investigators now fear Cody is a homicide victim

-Haynes and Harding got married "about 6 weeks ago" not long after the sold the family van

-The van was found and will be searched

Police fear for missing boy's life
February 15, 2005

http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=v9JYAAAAIBAJ&sjid=AfMDAAAAIBAJ&pg=6971,3700920&dq=richard+haynes+missing&hl=en

Leak in Cody case worries police chief
February 16, 2005

-A member of the investigative team has leaked confidential info to the press, putting the investigation in peril. Police chief wants them off case.

-Now "that person" might not want to be cooperative because they think the police chief can't protect them

http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=czEfAAAAIBAJ&sjid=jscEAAAAIBAJ&pg=2684%2C5224740&hl=en

Cody is not forgotten here
September 12, 2005

-1 year

-Followed leads from California, Oregon, and Idaho, a farmer's field in Sprague

-Used aerial searches and cadaver dogs

-FBI, WSP, Green River Task Force, & NCMEC have helped

-Sex offenders interviewed and eliminated, including Joseph Duncan

-Cody's biological mother and the rest of his family is very cooperative

http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=5v8fAAAAIBAJ&sjid=lxMFAAAAIBAJ&pg=2613%2C2000641&dq=richard+cody+haynes+missing+|+cody+|+haynes&hl=en (http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=5v8fAAAAIBAJ&sjid=lxMFAAAAIBAJ&pg=2613%2C2000641&dq=richard+cody+haynes+missing+%7C+cody+%7C+haynes&hl=en)

FBI takes over in Haynes search, Kittitas boy has been missing since September 2004
October 27, 2005

-14 months

-Police chief decided to release case to FBI - "We have been anxious to play a bigger role in this case and you can be sure it will be a priority for us."

-"This is like giving up one of your children. It's a personal issue that hits very close to home for me, but I feel comfortable that the FBI will work the case very hard."

http://www.dailyrecordnews.com/news/fbi-takes-over-in-haynes-searchkittitas-boy-has-been-missing/article_992d447c-160b-5667-ae45-5a4c86aba9c9.html

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
06-05-2013, 09:05 PM

Bones found in burned field
August 22, 2006

-Human bones appearing to be from a child found in recently burned field in Ritzville, where previous searches for Cody took place

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2006/aug/22/bones-found-in-burned-field/

Bones found near Ritzville are not those of missing Kittitas boy
November 6, 2007

-Bones found are not Cody, they are 600-770 years old

http://www.dailyrecordnews.com/news/article_bdfa8850-3e07-5a20-a9fc-76daa1dceb53.html

Cody Haynes: New age progression!
August 13, 2008

http://betweenlifeanddeath.blogspot.com/2008/08/cody-haynes-new-age-progression.html

:(

:(

Cody turns 18
April 16, 2011

Memorial to be held Monday for boy missing since 2004
September 2011

-Seven years after his disappearance, the memory of 11-year-old Richard "Cody" Haynes Jr. still weighs on the residents of Kittitas.

-The investigation is still active

http://www.yakimaherald.com/stories/2011/09/10/memorial-to-be-held-monday-for-boy-missing-since-2004

Friends & Family Host Vigil For Missing Kittitas Boy
September 12, 2012

-Went missing 8 years ago. No leads.

http://www.kapptv.com/article/2012/sep/12/friends-family-host-vigil-missing-kittitas-boy/

Vigil for Cody Haynes planned
September 11, 2012

-Only unsolved missing child case in Kittitas County

http://www.dailyrecordnews.com/free/news/vigil-for-cody-haynes-planned/article_123276de-fc45-11e1-a051-0019bb2963f4.html

~We Want Justice for Cody Haynes For Christmas~
December 17, 2012

Blog talk radio show for Cody - His family speaks

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/bringthemhomenow/2012/12/18/we-want-justice-for-cody-haynes-for-christmas#.UM8jvry3_6E.facebook

Kadence
06-05-2013, 10:35 PM
Thank you SheWhoMustNotBeNamed!!

jenstar
06-07-2013, 07:59 PM
Where is the Dad and step-mother now? They've sure stayed under the radar. JW MHO

Kadence
06-09-2013, 06:39 PM
Bumping for Cody!!! Any updates from the searches?

northxnorthwest
06-09-2013, 09:08 PM
Are there any more searches coming up? Interested in taking part if works with my schedule.

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
06-09-2013, 09:28 PM
Bumping for Cody!!! Any updates from the searches?

The Facebook page said the family would be releasing certain things / updates by Wednesday.

Are there any more searches coming up? Interested in taking part if works with my schedule.

Haven't heard of any additional searches at this point, but I'm sure they'll announce them if/when there are.

couggal
06-10-2013, 01:14 AM
This case breaks my heart. I don't live far from there. Don't get me wrong, I understand why cases like Sky and Kyron tug at heart strings, but eight sad little pages of discussion for Cody just breaks my heart. I don't get it??? Why isn't there more interest?

peacesells
06-10-2013, 05:12 AM
My heart goes to the mother, Lisa, the sisters and the rest of Cody's family. I check this page daily and I have liked the facebook page, followed on twitter and subscribed to the youtube channel. There's some news/update coming this Wednesday and I hope it is something that can at least give a glimmer of hope in this long search for Cody.

Cody and his family will be in my thoughts.

rosesfromangels
06-10-2013, 11:14 PM
Time to shine a very bright spotlight on the last two that saw this beautiful child. Time to stop mincing around and enlist the community to demand action, and answers. From what i've read so far, I bet they could get a confession from someone in exchange for a plea. Theyd be smart to take that deal. Spotlight is ready to shine brighter I believe. Bet some folks dont sleep well at night...just sayin.

rosesfromangels
06-10-2013, 11:24 PM
I hope that the sisters have been interviewed again recently, now
that they are older. If there was abuse in that home as reported, they were probably too afraid to speak up.

peacesells
06-11-2013, 05:55 AM
I hope that the sisters have been interviewed again recently, now
that they are older. If there was abuse in that home as reported, they were probably too afraid to speak up.

I believe that they said they saw him being severely beaten the day of he went missing. When the girlfriend allegedly asked Cody to stay in his room, they told the sisters to stay away from his room. However, through Lisa's (his mother) own research, she found a blanket that was reported to police by a framer because it looked suspicious and one of the sisters identified it as one she saw in her dad's home the day Cody went missing.

I got that from this news report.
201305-25.174238.9b7f2dc0be393eae.640x3602) - YouTube

Kadence
06-11-2013, 09:23 PM
Time to shine a very bright spotlight on the last two that saw this beautiful child. Time to stop mincing around and enlist the community to demand action, and answers. From what i've read so far, I bet they could get a confession from someone in exchange for a plea. Theyd be smart to take that deal. Spotlight is ready to shine brighter I believe. Bet some folks dont sleep well at night...just sayin.

True, true! I'm new to sleuthing so am not quite sure how to get this spotlight turned on, could those reporters that covered the case be contacted to re-energize the case? Maybe the anchorwoman from the link that peacesells posted - thank you peacesells!? Agree that the community should be involved, maybe many have moved and there are new people in the community who aren't aware? I'm across the country or I would be out there looking for him!

This child did not deserve to be harmed, no child does, and justice needs to be secured for him!

peacesells
06-12-2013, 05:47 PM
Kadence,
I think Cody's mom Lisa has said before that the police refuse to cooperate with them which made it difficult for them to get media attention. I believe she has said before that America's Most Wanted missing children wanted to share Cody's story, but the police refused to cooperate with them. He eventually ended up on their website though. link here: http://www.amw.com/missing_children/case.cfm?id=31146

I think a huge part of the reason is that most of the recent (very little) information about Cody's case is from Lisa's own research. (and her family as well) The police haven't really done much in the case as far as we know. I wish there was a way for us to get the police to open Cody's case back up and look again at the evidence. I don't think it should matter that Cody's father and his girlfriend got "lawyer-ed up" as Lisa has been told by the police several times.

I wish there was more interest in Cody's case. I feel really strongly about Cody's case. He's always in my thoughts. Something about that little boy seems just so special.

So far, it's Wednesday and no update about Cody at this time. I'm anxiously awaiting an update, which I hope is about the search for Cody.

Kadence
06-12-2013, 10:14 PM
Kadence,
I think Cody's mom Lisa has said before that the police refuse to cooperate with them which made it difficult for them to get media attention. I believe she has said before that America's Most Wanted missing children wanted to share Cody's story, but the police refused to cooperate with them. He eventually ended up on their website though. link here: http://www.amw.com/missing_children/case.cfm?id=31146

I think a huge part of the reason is that most of the recent (very little) information about Cody's case is from Lisa's own research. (and her family as well) The police haven't really done much in the case as far as we know. I wish there was a way for us to get the police to open Cody's case back up and look again at the evidence. I don't think it should matter that Cody's father and his girlfriend got "lawyer-ed up" as Lisa has been told by the police several times.

I wish there was more interest in Cody's case. I feel really strongly about Cody's case. He's always in my thoughts. Something about that little boy seems just so special.

So far, it's Wednesday and no update about Cody at this time. I'm anxiously awaiting an update, which I hope is about the search for Cody.

Thank you for your reply peacesells! I'm wondering if not solely for the fact that the police refuse to cooperate, if that would pique a reporters interest? It would have to be a strong reporter, not someone who would be afraid to ask the questions and demand the answers. Someone perhaps from Dateline? I have no idea how to go about this but I will give it a shot because, for some reason, this young man, like you, has just touched my heart.

Please other WSers, can you help out in some way? Feedback or ideas to shine a spotlight on Cody's case? Many thanks!!!

jenstar
06-13-2013, 12:24 AM
Thank you for your reply peacesells! I'm wondering if not solely for the fact that the police refuse to cooperate, if that would pique a reporters interest? It would have to be a strong reporter, not someone who would be afraid to ask the questions and demand the answers. Someone perhaps from Dateline? I have no idea how to go about this but I will give it a shot because, for some reason, this young man, like you, has just touched my heart.

Please other WSers, can you help out in some way? Feedback or ideas to shine a spotlight on Cody's case? Many thanks!!!

The only thing I can think of is if we bombard Talk Shows and Morning News people with Cody's story. Of course we'd have to have his family behind us in this because they'd be the ones getting interviewed. JMO

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
06-13-2013, 12:44 AM
Kadence,

Yeah, there's been a lot of talk about how little cooperation the police are giving. While going through the old news articles posted on the previous page, the one below gave me a lot of insight.

FBI takes over in Haynes search, Kittitas boy has been missing since September 2004
October 27, 2005
http://www.dailyrecordnews.com/news/...c86aba9c9.html (http://www.dailyrecordnews.com/news/fbi-takes-over-in-haynes-searchkittitas-boy-has-been-missing/article_992d447c-160b-5667-ae45-5a4c86aba9c9.html)

I'm still trying to decide for myself if this is a case of:

Like the article says, the detective feels a sense of "ownership" over the case. Feels like he'd be giving up on a child by handing it over or asking for help. After all, it did take him 14 months to release Cody's case to the FBI, who clearly would have more resources than little ol' Kittitas PD.
Or, of course, something more sinister. Cover up. Complete incompetence. Who knows.

And then, of course, there's this. In which a member of the investigative team that the Police Chief did let in, leaked extremely sensitive information to the press.

Leak in Cody case worries police chief
February 16, 2005
-A member of the investigative team has leaked confidential info to the press, putting the investigation in peril. Police chief wants them off case.
http://news.google.com/newspapers?id...C5224740&hl=en (http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=czEfAAAAIBAJ&sjid=jscEAAAAIBAJ&pg=2684%2C5224740&hl=en)

At this point, I think I'm stuck in between #1 and #2. I think the police chief wanted so badly to find Cody, but just didn't have the resources or ability to do so. Once he let it go 14 months, it was beyond helping. So now, if he agrees to let more people in, who knows what they will dig up or spread around.

peacesells
06-13-2013, 12:32 PM
SheWhoMustNotBeNamed,

I think it's a combination of both. I think if the detective felt a sense of ownership but knew they didn't have the resources or the training to deal with such a case, and still took this long to release to the FBI is in a way bad detective work. However, what's done is done at this point. In regards to the witness in the second article that you linked, they said the witness may not want to cooperate now. Do you know if this witness has spoken to police since the incident?

ISC investigations have put up the update about Cody's search that they have been assisting in.
"Thank you all for waiting very patiently regarding the search for Cody Haynes. As of now what we can share with you is the fact that bones were located however, we are unsure if the remains belong to Cody as we need to wait for the test results.

Law Enforcement has said the remains located were those of animals and a fragment was removed. Please know that we have no intentions on misleading or misinforming anyone regarding Cody but after the discussions I have had with the family we have chosen to think different and are waiting to see what sort of information Law Enforcement will come up with. As you can probably tell we are trying to remaining positive however there have been many hurdles and road blocks since the beginning.

Since the search we have had numerous new leads and at this time we along with the family are reviewing and validating their credibility. New statements have been obtained from witnesses as well as obtaining new documentation.

Additional items were discovered during the search that have given all of us new hope that we may not be far from finding Cody. We pray #Cody2013 is the year the individuals who have posed such harm to an innocent boy are arrested and brought to justice. We have told Lisa and her family we will continue to support and assist in finding Cody and will continue to until Cody is located and justice is served. Lisa and her family have been bullied long enough and it needs to stop.

As soon as the results are known you will be updated. We would like to share more information but since this is an "open and active investigation" we need to be very careful as to what information is shared. We would hate to interfere with their investigation.

In the meantime we ask that you continue to keep Lisa and her family in your prayers and continue to help us keep the memory of Cody alive. We also ask that you all give Lisa and her family the respect that is needed. #cody2013"

It seems like only some parts of the bones that have been found belong to an animal. It seems like the investigation is taking a turn to the better. I'm glad the family is very hopeful that they find Cody soon.

aujum9
06-13-2013, 03:53 PM
To answer that question Frannie--Cody, his sister and both parents lived in Colorado at the time. Cody's father picked the kids up of a regular visit and didnt come back. He left the state with all of the kids. Lisa and her family has ALWAYS be active in the search for Cody. As a matter of fact she is the lead in the search to bring him home.

aujum9
06-13-2013, 04:05 PM
Great Work. Thank you! Some of these I havent even seen

Kadence
06-13-2013, 07:42 PM
I'm so hoping for a turn for the better in Cody's case. I'm glad the recent searches are bringing attention to Cody's case! Thank you for the info peacesells. I also agree with you and SheWhoMustNotBeNamed about a combination of the two but I would hope that #2 wasn't intentional as the Police Chief seemed very committed to bringing Cody home and finding those responsible for hurting and disappearing him. I was touched that he wears (wore? is he still Police Chief?) the NCMEC pin in Cody's honor.

aujum9, thanks for stopping in and I hope you are your family will have answers soon.

aujum9
06-13-2013, 09:04 PM
The police department at the time was a 2 man army. What they say/said and what they did/do are so much different. Yes, they do have a few more employee's but they haven't changed from then to now.
From the start they should have taken Cody and the girls out of the home after the first report of abuse. We believe there would have been a far better outcome for Cody and the girls if the city of Kittitas and the State of Washington would have removed them. Since the live-in girlfriend conveniently worked for CPS the reports we unnoticed or ignored. How many times does a principle have to call it before they do something? Who in their right mind would make them stand out in the snow with no shoes and no coats as a punishment? The police department still till this day wont cooperate with America's most wanted to get Cody on the website or on the show. I have heard of plenty of people and even parents that wont cooperate with Americas most wanted, but the police department?? We have plenty worse complaints that we are now letting our investigator tackle. For another example, less than 24 hours after the bones were found by K-9 Forensics recently the undersheriff made a statement to reporters that the bones were not human. He said they were found to be animal bones. You would think that before he made a statement like that to the public and media he would have informed Cody's Mom or any of the family. Did he? NO! Lisa had to here it on the news. Can you imagine the roller coaster ride Lisa and the girls have been through. What kind of department works like that? Not only did he lie, he also didn't follow procedure and contact the family. He also said all the bones found were in fact animal bones. Which is also partly untrue. The bone was sent off to the anthropologist and they wont be done with the finding for weeks or even months. The undersheriff just so happened to leave that part out. Seems to me that he wanted to make good and clear that it wasn't Cody and was only animals. Almost insinuating that this was a joke and we dont know what we are doing. K-9 forensics know what they are doing. They are highly recommended and qualified. Like I said everything will come out. It may not be today or next week but it will come out. The Lord has a way of making things happen that way.

jenstar
06-13-2013, 09:07 PM
To answer that question Frannie--Cody, his sister and both parents lived in Colorado at the time. Cody's father picked the kids up of a regular visit and didnt come back. He left the state with all of the kids. Lisa and her family has ALWAYS be active in the search for Cody. As a matter of fact she is the lead in the search to bring him home.

I saw the search video and she seems very set on finding him. I too hope this or any information they find, brings closure to the family. I'd be going three types of crazy if my 12 year old was missing over an hour, let alone 8 years. I can't say I've ever been in her shoes; or that I even know how she feels; but I can say that she and Cody both deserve peace. My heart goes out to you and all the family.
And good for her that she hasn't let it get her down. It shows that she's a very strong person and I have the utmost respect for her. <3

jenstar
06-13-2013, 09:14 PM
The police department at the time was a 2 man army. What they say/said and what they did/do are so much different. Yes, they do have a few more employee's but they haven't changed from then to now.
From the start they should have taken Cody and the girls out of the home after the first report of abuse. We believe there would have been a far better outcome for Cody and the girls if the city of Kittitas and the State of Washington would have removed them. Since the live-in girlfriend conveniently worked for CPS the reports we unnoticed or ignored. How many times does a principle have to call it before they do something? Who in their right mind would make them stand out in the snow with no shoes and no coats as a punishment? The police department still till this day wont cooperate with America's most wanted to get Cody on the website or on the show. I have heard of plenty of people and even parents that wont cooperate with Americas most wanted, but the police department?? We have plenty worse complaints that we are now letting our investigator tackle. For another example, less than 24 hours after the bones were found by K-9 Forensics recently the undersheriff made a statement to reporters that the bones were not human. He said they were found to be animal bones. You would think that before he made a statement like that to the public and media he would have informed Cody's Mom or any of the family. Did he? NO! Lisa had to here it on the news. Can you imagine the roller coaster ride Lisa and the girls have been through. What kind of department works like that? Not only did he lie, he also didn't follow procedure and contact the family. He also said all the bones found were in fact animal bones. Which is also partly untrue. The bone was sent off to the anthropologist and they wont be done with the finding for weeks or even months. The undersheriff just so happened to leave that part out. Seems to me that he wanted to make good and clear that it wasn't Cody and was only animals. Almost insinuating that this was a joke and we dont know what we are doing. K-9 forensics know what they are doing. They are highly recommended and qualified. Like I said everything will come out. It may not be today or next week but it will come out. The Lord has a way of making things happen that way.

Yea, I've been in small towns where everybody covers for one another and it's the "good ole' boys" system, who rub elbows to not let anything slip. It's not easy to penetrate but It'll happen. You have good people on your side, and the truth will come through, god Willing. JMO

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
06-13-2013, 09:37 PM
SheWhoMustNotBeNamed,

I think it's a combination of both. I think if the detective felt a sense of ownership but knew they didn't have the resources or the training to deal with such a case, and still took this long to release to the FBI is in a way bad detective work. However, what's done is done at this point. In regards to the witness in the second article that you linked, they said the witness may not want to cooperate now. Do you know if this witness has spoken to police since the incident?

Respectfully snipped.

Based on the information and the circumstances immediately before and after that article, I can only speculate that the "sensitive information" that was released was the fact that it was Cody's sister that spoke up, said she saw Cody being abused, and that led them to get a warrant.

It said that the information was leaked in Spokane, and the first (only?) newspaper to come out and say that Cody's sister had provided information leading to a warrant, was the Spokesman Review (Spokane paper). The rest of them just said "information had been acquired" or "new leads" or something along those lines.

Which would make sense, in my mind, as to why he felt the witness might not want to cooperate because they might feel like they couldn't be protected. Who else would need protecting? One of Cody's sisters, most likely.

JMO.

anxietyqueen
06-15-2013, 12:46 AM
I came across this missing child by accident and was moved to post.

Richard Lee Haynes- nickname Cody -is an 11 year old little boy who is missing under suspicious circumstances from his father’s home in Kittitas, Washington on September 12th, this year.

It was first suspected that Richard might have run away, but authorities aren’t so sure now……
"At this point our whole area has been thoroughly searched," said Dunnagan. "We are comfortable he is not within the general area. We have no idea where he is. We have exhausted our leads. We are committed to finding this child. We are in it to find him."
One week after the disappearance of Cody, law enforcement authorities and CPS representatives removed his four sisters from their home. The girls were placed in foster homes. A court order had been issued alleging abuse, neglect and lack of supervision. Police wanted to speak to each child, individually, regarding their brother's disappearance.”

http://www.crimelibrary.com/missing_children/richard_haynes.html -full article on Richard

Please take a GOOD LOOK at his photo - have you seen him recently? Do you live in the Kittitas area or maybe in Florida when Richards mother lives? 11 years old is too young to run away and be able to fend for yourself for any amount of time……………..

Weirdly, I think he bears a passing resemblance to missing Australian child Daniel Morcombe.
Here’s his missing child page

Please help look for his child.

That's exactly what I thought when I saw this little boys photo emma l - hopefully he fares better than what poor Daniel did

Kadence
06-16-2013, 10:39 AM

Yes, it will come out because good will always continue to overpower evil, I just wish it didn't take so long sometimes. Hugs and prayers to you and your family, you have been through so much.

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
06-21-2013, 03:52 PM
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/s403x403/944729_535422819826449_646054045_n.jpg (https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=535422819826449&set=a.410764688958930.92837.410416152327117&type=1&relevant_count=1&ref=nf)
(From the Facebook page. I didn't make it.)

aujum9
06-22-2013, 12:38 PM
Awesome! I just came on to add the poster I made yesterday. Thank you Moderator XOXOXO

aujum9
06-22-2013, 12:43 PM
I tried to click the second link you posted but it says page not found. It takes me to the crime library.

jenstar
06-24-2013, 01:33 AM
I tried to click the second link you posted but it says page not found. It takes me to the crime library.

Just wondering or in-case I'd missed it. Did anything come up on the bones/fragments as "human"? TIA

Kadence
06-24-2013, 10:05 PM
Bumping for Cody - can any other Websleuths help out? With other Spotlight Cases it seems that I have seen more "action" - if you have the time or inclination, please help this family find their loved one, they, and Cody deserve it. TIA - we need the best on this case which all of you are!

Frannie
06-25-2013, 05:17 PM
I signed the petition. Now, I receive facebook insert about the case. I don't think all this will make much of a difference. It is so sad, beaten for 6 hours, probably until he died. I guess once again a girl friend was more important than one's own child.

Justice4them
06-26-2013, 05:54 PM
I am new here so forgive me if I do something wrong. I just learned of this case last night. How can the father "not allow himself to be interviewed?" The only reason the father would have for not wanting to be interviewed, not searching for his child, and driving 250 miles at 2:30 am for car parts would be guilt. If my child came up missing I would be aggravating the police to death wanting to discuss it. Can't they hold him for suspicion until he decides to talk? :jail:

Kadence
06-26-2013, 10:37 PM
I am new here so forgive me if I do something wrong. I just learned of this case last night. How can the father "not allow himself to be interviewed?" The only reason the father would have for not wanting to be interviewed, not searching for his child, and driving 250 miles at 2:30 am for car parts would be guilt. If my child came up missing I would be aggravating the police to death wanting to discuss it. Can't they hold him for suspicion until he decides to talk? :jail:

Welcome Justice4them!!! Love your name - it's perfect! Thank you so much for your "newbie" interest in Cody's case - I'm a newbie as well! There is just something about Cody's face and the circumstances that has set me on a mission but I'm not quite sure how to proceed. Of course I'm on the east coast which is a bit of a deterrent but nonetheless here I am!

It definitely sounds like the father's story is questionable at best, it appears, in my opinion, that something definitely went awry with the investigation. I don't know whether it's the good ol' boy network, lousy investigating (taking the word of the father and girlfriend (now wife), or just a law man who wanted to solve this on his own with no outside help and it was bigger than he thought it was. Of course, for whatever the reason, it's time to move on and find Cody! It's been far too long.

Any, and all help, ideas, suggestions, that you or anyone else could offer would be amazing! Once again, welcome!!!!! So glad to have you here!!!

chissus
06-30-2013, 05:06 PM
My heart breaks for Cody. I've followed his case since he went "Missing". I've never met him but I live in the area and used to TNR feral cats behind where he lived. Such a cute little boy. So frustrating. Everyone I've talk to over the years believes that his father killed him. I do too.

Alyssa
07-06-2013, 06:32 PM
It's July 2013, this child went missing 9 years ago and this is the first time I've heard of him. Meanwhile Madeleine McCann is making international news once again. I find it sad that some kids get a lot of press and others don't.

Kadence
07-08-2013, 09:45 PM
Bumpin' for Cody! PLEASE other WSers who are experienced - please take a look at Cody's case!!!

Mahouston69
07-08-2013, 11:53 PM
Taking a look now... and sadly also the first I've heard of this case. :(

Mahouston69
07-09-2013, 01:51 AM
One of his sisters has set up a fb page.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Richard-Lee-Haynes-Jr/385558058127346

aujum9
07-09-2013, 11:37 AM
Cody has a facebook page made by his close family with over 2000 supporters.
For the latest updates on the upcoming search you can go here. The site you have posted has not been used since December of 2012. https://www.facebook.com/JusticeForCodyHaynes

Kadence
07-09-2013, 11:27 PM
Taking a look now... and sadly also the first I've heard of this case. :(

Mahouston69 - thank you so much for coming over to Cody's thread! It is so very much appreciated!! I hope you have a chance to dig in and see if something jumps out at you, as you seem to have a very keen eye as you have mentioned quite a few things on Lauren's thread that I had never thought of before. Again, thank you!

Mahouston69
07-10-2013, 08:38 PM
Cody has a facebook page made by his close family with over 2000 supporters.
For the latest updates on the upcoming search you can go here. The site you have posted has not been used since December of 2012. https://www.facebook.com/JusticeForCodyHaynes

His sister posted yesterday.

Mahouston69
07-10-2013, 08:41 PM
Mahouston69 - thank you so much for coming over to Cody's thread! It is so very much appreciated!! I hope you have a chance to dig in and see if something jumps out at you, as you seem to have a very keen eye as you have mentioned quite a few things on Lauren's thread that I had never thought of before. Again, thank you!

Did a lot of reading last night..and glad to be here. We have to find these kids. One concern I have is King County had some huge wild land fires around that time. I remember because my husbands Air Tanker was there dropping retardant on it.

sassysleuth
07-11-2013, 11:11 AM
Cody would be 21 now, wouldn't he? That makes me sad. When he disappeared, he was just old enough to be resourceful, and that's definitely old enough to remember where you came from nine years after the fact.

I was abused as a child and often thought of running away, but didn't. I couldn't leave my brothers. I don't think Cody ran away; he would likely have stayed to help his sisters.his dad driving around at 2:30 AM to find car parts until dawn is a load of crap - my husband is a mechanic and he can't source out parts past 5 pm on the weekdays.

Everyone knows what happened to this kid. Bring in his dad and his dad's new wife. I think MDI. She was the last one who actually admits to seeing him alive.

I can't get over the fact that dad picked up his kids from Lisa's house one day and just drove off; isn't that kidnapping?! Why was all this allowed to happen?

In my experience as an abused child my dad never hit me until he met his now-wife, who also abused me. I was 19(!!) when the abuse started, first with her and then my dad. I wonder if it was the case with Cody.

Just trying to offer my perspective of things from an abused kid's standpoint. I was in a similar situation.

ETA I was abused by my mom from age 5-15 because my dad abused HER. From age 16-19 I lived on my own and then my dad offered to let me stay with him when I started attending college. I left the night he pulled a gun on me. Just added this bc I realized my story didn't make a lot of sense, saying I was abused as a child and then saying my dad starting abusing me when I was 19.

Dushi
07-11-2013, 01:03 PM
A terrible, heartbreaking store
Hoping for something, anything, to give this family peace

Mahouston69
07-11-2013, 10:27 PM
Cody would be 21 now, wouldn't he? That makes me sad. When he disappeared, he was just old enough to be resourceful, and that's definitely old enough to remember where you came from nine years after the fact.

I was abused as a child and often thought of running away, but didn't. I couldn't leave my brothers. I don't think Cody ran away; he would likely have stayed to help his sisters.his dad driving around at 2:30 AM to find car parts until dawn is a load of crap - my husband is a mechanic and he can't source out parts past 5 pm on the weekdays.

Everyone knows what happened to this kid. Bring in his dad and his dad's new wife. I think MDI. She was the last one who actually admits to seeing him alive.

I can't get over the fact that dad picked up his kids from Lisa's house one day and just drove off; isn't that kidnapping?! Why was all this allowed to happen?

In my experience as an abused child my dad never hit me until he met his now-wife, who also abused me. I was 19(!!) when the abuse started, first with her and then my dad. I wonder if it was the case with Cody.

Just trying to offer my perspective of things from an abused kid's standpoint. I was in a similar situation.

ETA I was abused by my mom from age 5-15 because my dad abused HER. From age 16-19 I lived on my own and then my dad offered to let me stay with him when I started attending college. I left the night he pulled a gun on me. Just added this bc I realized my story didn't make a lot of sense, saying I was abused as a child and then saying my dad starting abusing me when I was 19.

I think your perspective is very perceptive. I'm so sorry you endured what you did to get it :(

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
07-11-2013, 11:24 PM
Cody would be 20. He will/would turn 21 on April 16, 2014.

aujum9
07-12-2013, 10:53 AM
Cody would be 20 and he is truly missed by so many. Our Vigil this year with be in Yakima Wa. on our around sept. 16th. Our family wont stop until he is found. If only Richard Sr would take the lie detector test to prove the innocence he claims he is. Everyone knows what really happened to Cody. Him and all the girls were beaten on a daily basis. Punishment such as standing in the snow with no shoes or coat. Who really does that? Richard and his Ex Marla Harding are crazy in the head if they honestly think that is a acceptable punishment. Our Private investigator is doing a great job and has gotten things that we were not able to. We are confident that the truth WILL come out and Richard and Marla better enjoy their free life while they can

Kadence
07-15-2013, 08:18 PM
Cody would be 20 and he is truly missed by so many. Our Vigil this year with be in Yakima Wa. on our around sept. 16th. Our family wont stop until he is found. If only Richard Sr would take the lie detector test to prove the innocence he claims he is. Everyone knows what really happened to Cody. Him and all the girls were beaten on a daily basis. Punishment such as standing in the snow with no shoes or coat. Who really does that? Richard and his Ex Marla Harding are crazy in the head if they honestly think that is a acceptable punishment. Our Private investigator is doing a great job and has gotten things that we were not able to. We are confident that the truth WILL come out and Richard and Marla better enjoy their free life while they can

aujum9 - so glad to hear that you have found a competent private investigator who is able to help you! From what I have read, it does seem like everyone does know what happened to Cody and from that, I hope there is some measure of peace in the fact that he is no longer being abused. I hope the truth and justice arrives quickly so that Cody can come home to the family that truly loves him. I also hope the girls are OK as well, as it must be difficult for them to be without their brother and also to have suffered. My prayers are with you and your family always.

Is there anything we can do to help in any way?

Kadence
07-16-2013, 08:00 PM
Bumpin' for Cody!!!

Kadence
07-18-2013, 07:30 PM
Bumpin' for Cody again!

MissJ
07-19-2013, 06:42 AM
What a beautiful little boy. I hope for some news for this family. Its been going on too long. Mom and her family need answers.

Kadence
07-24-2013, 09:27 PM
Bumpin' for Cody again!

Please check out his FB page:

https://www.facebook.com/RCodyH

aujum9 - thanks for showing your support on the page for others that are missing, it's greatly appreciated!

Frannie
07-25-2013, 11:39 PM
Bumping for little Cody

Hejlena
07-29-2013, 08:24 PM
Rick and Marla got married right after Cody went missing to avoid being questioned. As a couple they got "lawyer-ed up" (as the police chief put it) and have never been re-questioned again. The police had evidence that brought them back to the home Cody lived it, only to find the Rick and Marla had replaced the flooring in the kitchen without the consent of the landlord. I would have thought the police would have talked to them again. So many things were mishandled and overlooked that we are so frustrated. We are hoping that our search is almost over and we can bring Cody home to a proper burial and closure.

Get that floor ripped up and tested for residual fluids/DNA--can your team get the landlord to agree? Sounds like the police don't want to spend any more effort or money in this case...sad. But what about the FBI? Are they making any progress? I agree that breathing life into this case is exactly what is needed. Poor little guy.

Kadence
07-30-2013, 10:52 PM
Get that floor ripped up and tested for residual fluids/DNA--can your team get the landlord to agree? Sounds like the police don't want to spend any more effort or money in this case...sad. But what about the FBI? Are they making any progress? I agree that breathing life into this case is exactly what is needed. Poor little guy.

Thank you! Yes, let's breathe!!! Please fellow WS'ers can you help?

Kadence
08-01-2013, 09:59 PM
Bumpin' for Cody please!

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
08-05-2013, 09:09 PM
Upcoming vigil for Cody - https://www.facebook.com/events/152191181653004/

Saturday, September 14, 6:00 pm at the library in Kittitas

aujum9
08-06-2013, 01:09 PM
Well we have had some problems with the donations we raised for Cody. we raised $1500 to pay the k9 team and our private investigator. That never happened. Also according to Cody's sister their father never took off with the kids like was told by their Mom. They lived with there aunt and their Dad got custody of all the kids and moved to Washington. Sad but the real truth is coming to light. I would love to edit some of my posts above as we are now learning the truth but it doesn't have that option.

Kadence
08-12-2013, 09:01 PM
Well we have had some problems with the donations we raised for Cody. we raised $1500 to pay the k9 team and our private investigator. That never happened. Also according to Cody's sister their father never took off with the kids like was told by their Mom. They lived with there aunt and their Dad got custody of all the kids and moved to Washington. Sad but the real truth is coming to light. I would love to edit some of my posts above as we are now learning the truth but it doesn't have that option.

Hi aujum9! I've "alerted" your post to the Mods to see whether they can help you edit, I don't know if they can.

I hope all of the real truth will be coming shortly - Cody deserves it.

Kadence
08-18-2013, 07:02 PM
Still doin' it for Cody!!! Never forgotten!!!

rachaellouise
08-18-2013, 07:09 PM
So, anyone know what the sperm donor and step monster are up to nowadays?