PDA

View Full Version : 17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #21

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

JeannaT
04-10-2012, 08:17 PM
SA will hold newser with 72 hrs...as read on CNN

I like the term "newser". "Press conference" is so incredibly archaic. The presses, really? Newser is good.

annalia
04-10-2012, 08:18 PM
Nancy Grace to FT: "Don't make me cut your mike again!" :floorlaugh:

I missed that, what did he say this time?

deelytful1
Nancy Grace to FT: "Don't make me cut your mike again!" :floorlaugh:

and BOY did he look like a kid caught with his hand in the cookie jar!

belle3
Well, if there's one thing (and ONLY one thing) that Baez is an expert on, it would be how the actions of an attorney could look like an SLN skit. JMO

omg the iorny!

LolaMoon08
We have officially entered the Twilight Zone, Jose Baez going off about ethics in other attorneys.

So he didn't announce he was taking over the defense? :please:

ETA: I had to run to the store to get some :cough: cigarettes :cough:

Dr. Know?
04-10-2012, 08:19 PM
Reuters Top News ‏ @Reuters
Special prosecutor in case of killing of #Trayvon Martin says will call news conference releasing new information "within the next 72 hours"

https://twitter.com/#!/Reuters

Nova
04-10-2012, 08:21 PM
You know Nejame's was hired by CNN to be their go to law guy. They might be upset about him not answering them when they asked if Zimmerman had called him.

I think Zimmerman is shopping for a lawyer for free. These guys were going to charge if he was arrested.

Whether Zimmerman called Najame IS definitely covered by attorney-client privilege unless Zimmerman gives his express consent otherwise. I've answered phones for more than a few law firms and I was never allowed to acknowledge whether a person or a corporation was a client, had contacted us or anything of the kind.

LolaMoon08
04-10-2012, 08:22 PM
Reuters Top News ‏ @Reuters
Special prosecutor in case of killing of #Trayvon Martin says will call news conference releasing new information "within the next 72 hours"

https://twitter.com/#!/Reuters

That kind of makes me nervous? Why would they want to wait 72 hours? Maybe they're waiting for the rest of the evidence to come back in? I really hope they can at least charge him with manslaughter or negligent homicide.

i.b.nora
04-10-2012, 08:22 PM
If it was so F***ing cold that night, why are all the officers and other visible people at the crimescene in short sleeves?

Lovejac
04-10-2012, 08:23 PM
So why did he set up an account to get donations for a defense if he was going to get a free lawyer?

for Diet Cokes? :rolleyes:

legalmania
So he didn't announce he was taking over the defense? :please:

ETA: I had to run to the store to get some :cough: cigarettes :cough:

I don't think his family is ready to go through another high profile case.

LolaMoon08
If it was so F***ing cold that night, why are all the officers and other visible people at the crimescene in short sleeves?

You must be watching Frank T on Nancy Grace?

JeannaT
04-10-2012, 08:24 PM
That kind of makes me nervous? Why would they want to wait 72 hours? Maybe they're waiting for the rest of the evidence to come back in? I really hope they can at least charge him with manslaughter or negligent homicide.

I think that's quite possible. I know it's been discussed here that Trayvon's tox report was in and negative, but I've searched the net exhaustively and I can't find it. All I can find are MSM articles saying it's not in yet.

So maybe they're waiting for the final stuff to all come in before wrapping this up.

LolaMoon08
04-10-2012, 08:24 PM
I don't think his family is ready to go through another high profile case.

Heck!! You know KC won't have it! The minute he moves on from her... she's going to get viciously personal!

Sorry, back on topic!

Badlands
04-10-2012, 08:25 PM
Geragos on Anderson Cooper... " OH MY GOD!! " "They went out and blasted their client then diagnosed their client's mental state", "I thought he was watching an SNL skit" .. "my tongue is bleeding I was biting it so hard"..... omg lolol!!

Hey, Geragos is ripping me off on the SNL skit. I posted that here a few hours ago.

belle3
04-10-2012, 08:26 PM

maybe to try and locate gz????

i.b.nora
You must be watching Frank T on Nancy Grace?
Yup, its just on here now. I think George had on a 'zip up jacket' to hide the fact that he was carrying a gun.

mercuriod
Yes...that particular congresswoman I have sometimes suspected of having her hats interfere with her brain waves myself.....but blatantly ridiculing her in a clearly demeaning tone on nationwide television was wayyyy beyond unprofessional.

jmo

:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: I sooooo agree with you on this.

francie
Interesting that the lawyers jump ship right before the SP announces case info will be coming out. jmo.

LolaMoon08
Hey, Geragos is ripping me off on the SNL skit. I posted that here a few hours ago.

They always rip people off from here... AZlawyer had a lot of her posts taken from people in the media.

MOO

Velouria
04-10-2012, 08:27 PM
Caller just asked if Zimmerman's injuries were so serious, then why wasn't he taken to the hospital?

FT: The SFD treated him and administered first aid at the scene.

Thanks, but we know that much, and it didn't answer the question.

JeannaT
04-10-2012, 08:28 PM
Yes...that particular congresswoman I have sometimes suspected of having her hats interfere with her brain waves myself.....but blatantly ridiculing her in a clearly demeaning tone on nationwide television was wayyyy beyond unprofessional.

jmo

I thought it was a bit beyond the pale too, but then I noticed halfway through the mocking thing he pulled himself back in and did the rest of the quoting in normal voice.

But I actually thought it was quite funny. It's refreshing when people don't act all completely PC and in control all the time.

LolaMoon08
04-10-2012, 08:28 PM
Interesting that the lawyers jump ship right before the SP announces case info will be coming out. jmo.

Yup! Yup! Yup!

Lovejac
04-10-2012, 08:29 PM
Jose Baez on CNN right now -- "I'm looking at a saturday night skit" -- blasts GZ's (former) lawyers. Says they could have broken confidentiality.

Didn't someone on this thread post that same thing?

Is JB still reading here? :floorlaugh:

belle3

I always thought this was a manslaughter case. I dont believe that gz went out intentionally to kill anyone. I believe his actions led to the death of another human being. he was most definitely negligent, imo, and was not acting as a responsible adult or gun owner. I believe he will be charged with manslaugter and arrested. If they can find him!

LolaMoon08
If I had to guess... GZ is in Texas!

MOO

JeannaT
04-10-2012, 08:31 PM
Yup! Yup! Yup!

I know you and I both watched the thing "newser" today, and they didn't jump ship. They only said they can't represent themselves as GZ's attorneys because he's ditched them. They were quite clear, several times, that they would be very happy to represent him if he would just contact them.

LolaMoon08
04-10-2012, 08:31 PM
Didn't someone on this thread post that same thing?

Is JB still reading here? :floorlaugh:

Of course! I think he has missed us and wanted to see us talking about him again and he called up his friends and asked to be on the show tonight! You know Jose! He knew we would all panic and think he was going to be the new attorney! :maddening:

Reader
04-10-2012, 08:32 PM
http://www.centurylink.net/news/read.php?id=18894363&ps=1011&srce=news_class&action=3&lang=en&_LT=UNLC_USNWU00L3_UNEWS

SANFORD, Fla. (AP) — The Trayvon Martin case took a bizarre turn Tuesday when George Zimmerman's attorneys quit, complaining that they have lost all contact with him and that he called the prosecutor and talked to a TV host after they told him not to speak to anyone.

The lawyers portrayed the former neighborhood watch captain as erratic and his mental state as shaky, and they expressed fear for his health under the pressure that has been building in the month since he shot and killed Martin, an unarmed black teenager.

"As of the last couple days he has not returned phone calls, text messages or emails," attorney Craig Sonner said at a news conference outside the courthouse. "He's gone on his own. I'm not sure what he's doing or who he's talking to. I cannot go forward speaking to the public about George Zimmerman and this case as representing him because I've lost contact with him."

More at link....sorry if already posted...I just saw it...

suzihawk
I thought it was a bit beyond the pale too, but then I noticed halfway through the mocking thing he pulled himself back in and did the rest of the quoting in normal voice.

But I actually thought it was quite funny. It's refreshing when people don't act all completely PC and in control all the time.

Sorry, but there was nothing 'refreshing' about that presser or those attorneys' behavior at all. MOO

Velouria

BBM

It's refreshing to mock someone who is outraged at the death of an unarmed kid??? Sorry, but that is one case where I think "PC" would be a good thing.

LolaMoon08
04-10-2012, 08:33 PM
I know you and I both watched the thing "newser" today, and they didn't jump ship. They only said they can't represent themselves as GZ's attorneys because he's ditched them. They were quite clear, several times, that they would be very happy to represent him if he would just contact them.

They didn't jump ship... but they surely didn't do any favors for GZ. If I were GZ, I would be filing a complaint with the Florida Bar! They had no right to say even 98% of what they said in that presser.

MOO

JeannaT
Sorry, but there was nothing 'refreshing' about that presser or those attorneys' behavior at all. MOO

You don't have to be sorry.

I thought it was refreshing.

Dr.Fessel
I think they have told Zimmerman he needs to surrender himself and have given him 72 hrs to get back. IMO

i.b.nora
04-10-2012, 08:35 PM
I believe that the attorneys felt that George was trying to rip them off. Remember, they went with George's father on Thursday, I think it was, to set up an account at a bank, that would be overseen by George's father, specifically to collect funds from the website they were helping to set up for George. They emphasized in the press conference that they were NOT in any way connected to nor had any power over the funds to be collected nor over the account itself. But, it was kind of clear to me that the purpose of the collection was to garner a pool of money so George could pay his attorneys. Remember, I think it was later that day the lawyers went to New York for numerous TV appearances. They weren't planning on spending their own money for those trips, imo.

When they found out that George had set up his own site to collect money, I think they realized that George was going to try to stiff them.

BetteDavisEyes
04-10-2012, 08:35 PM
If I had to guess... GZ is in Texas!

MOO

Texas... or Arizona, California, or New Mexico: the four states that border Mexico. :moo:

rossva
04-10-2012, 08:36 PM
Whether or not Zimmerman has lawyers or not would have no effect on whether or not an arrest would be made. In fact, Zimmerman doesn't even need the lawyers before an arrest (which imo won't happen) is made.

Anyone think the lawyers quitting is a stall tactic?

belle3
I believe that the attorneys felt that George was trying to rip them off. Remember, they went with George's father on Thursday, I think it was, to set up an account at a bank, that would be overseen by George's father, specifically to collect funds from the website they were helping to set up for George. They emphasized in the press conference that they were NOT in any way connected to nor had any power over the funds to be collected nor over the account itself. But, it was kind of clear to me that the purpose of the collection was to garner of pool of money so George could pay his attorneys. Remember, I think it was later that day the lawyers went to New York for numerous TV appearances. They weren't planning on spending their own money for those trips, imo.

When they found out that George had set up his own site to collect money, I think they realized that George was going to try to stiff them.

YUp. This right here.

LolaMoon08
I think they have told Zimmerman he needs to surrender himself and have given him 72 hrs to get back. IMO

Do you think they would make sure he was arrested before making an announcement that they arrested him? As much as I want Justice for Trayvon, I don't want a crazy mob, of all races, showing up.

MOO

jjenny
04-10-2012, 08:38 PM

They haven't talked to him since Saturday so they ditch him because he hasn't contacted them in 2 days? It's bizarre beyond belief.

JennyMominRI
04-10-2012, 08:39 PM
HI from an Orlando poster. I just needed to say that I see people in hoodies here all the time. It's not at all unusual to see people of varying ages wearing them, especially in the rain
OT but I live just block from where Caylee Anthony was found and from the Anthony home. I was not here during the trial and had no idea I would end up living so close

legalmania
They didn't jump ship... but they surely didn't do any favors for GZ. If I were GZ, I would be filing a complaint with the Florida Bar! They had no right to say even 98% of what they said in that presser.

MOO

There isn't much the Florida Bar can do, because from what the attorneys said they never had a written agreement. So Zimmerman never officially hired them.

belle3

MOO

i dontthink the bar is set too high here in fl. Im sure there isnt anything they did they could actually get in trouble for. from what ive seen here, anyways.

LolaMoon08
Who would want two lawyers to go on National Television and announce to the world how unstable you are? Two lawyers that were supposed to be representing him? I'm still shocked over the entire news conference.

Velouria
04-10-2012, 08:40 PM
Taffe, don't wave that police report at me!

FT just said that GZ wants us all to know that he was compliant with the dispatcher's instructions.

belle3
ft is still stating that gz was getting his head into the concrete and shot trayvon at close range. per ft on ng

jjenny
Who would want two lawyers to go on National Television and announce to the world how unstable you are? Two lawyers that were supposed to be representing him? I'm still shocked over the entire news conference.

From the start his supposed choice of a lawyer was surprising to say the least.
And it only went more bizarre from that.

Dr.Fessel
04-10-2012, 08:41 PM
LOL LOL LOL LOL Nancy and Taafe...........:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

jjenny
04-10-2012, 08:41 PM
There isn't much the Florida Bar can do, because from what the attorneys said they never had a written agreement. So Zimmerman never officially hired them.

Baez just claimed that written agreement is not necessary in the state of FL.
They were introducing themselves as representing Zimmerman.

LolaMoon08
04-10-2012, 08:42 PM

Even if it were a verbal contract? These lawyers went on television many times proclaiming to be GZ's representation? Why would they do that if they were not representing him? All GZ would have to do is say... yes... they were representing me and giving me legal advice... and they've gone on National television releasing information about my mental state, etc... when they have never even met him?

LolaMoon08
LOL LOL LOL LOL Nancy and Taafe...........:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaug h:

Tell! Tell! Tell! Please?? :floorlaugh:

annalia

FT just said that GZ wants us all to know that he was compliant with the dispatcher's instructions.

And once again Taafe speaks as if he has some superior knowledge of the facts when in reality he knows nothing.

JMHO

Velouria
04-10-2012, 08:43 PM
LOL LOL LOL LOL Nancy and Taafe...........:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaug h:

I know, right? The way she keeps saying his name makes me think "Taffy", not "Taafe". Which I find appropriate because she is chewing him up. :p

legalmania
04-10-2012, 08:44 PM
I'm wondering will Zimmerman pull the I'm going to commit suicide card ? Even though it would be very sad to hear this, I'm just wondering if he feels like he is out of options.

What'sThatClue
04-10-2012, 08:44 PM

Maybe he intends to use the mental instability at trial? As in he's unable to stand trial...??? Can he do that? Might be a stupid move tho...he'd be put in an institution for treatment, right? And then would he stand trial as soon as he was better?
Am I making sense or has this case frazzled my last brain cell?

LolaMoon08
04-10-2012, 08:45 PM
And once again Taafe speaks as if he has some superior knowledge of the facts when in reality he knows nothing.

JMHO

I'm waiting for him to show up with a bouquet of daisies!

jaded cat
04-10-2012, 08:45 PM
If this case makes me start to like NG, I'm gonna be angry. And you won't like me very much when I'm angry.

Dr.Fessel
04-10-2012, 08:46 PM
Tell! Tell! Tell! Please?? :floorlaugh: He went on and on explaining to Nancy how Trayvon was beating Zimmerman's head on the cement and Zimmerman shot him and how Trayvon went on his side because people don't fall on their back when they die and blah blah blah and Nancy goes and he told you this? He said no he got it from the police report. LOL LOL LOL

francie
04-10-2012, 08:47 PM

I thought the big media event was to announce that they decided to no longer represent George, that they are not his lawyers anymore? To me that means they jumped ship, exited stage left, hit the road, etc. imo. :)

legalmania
04-10-2012, 08:47 PM
Baez just claimed that written agreement is not necessary in the state of FL.
They were introducing themselves as representing Zimmerman.

Oh ya I live my life by Baez law.

LolaMoon08
04-10-2012, 08:48 PM
If this case makes me start to like NG, I'm gonna be angry. And you won't like me very much when I'm angry.

I have a soft spot for Nancy... even though I can't bring myself to watch her right now! She really has her heart in the right place and she has brought a lot of attention to victims of violence.

Dr. Know?
04-10-2012, 08:48 PM
From reading tweets, sounds like Jose Baez and Mark Garragos are tearing apart the two ex-lawyers on AC 360. Please don't tweet that...not both of them!

suzihawk
04-10-2012, 08:49 PM
I know, right? The way she keeps saying his name makes me think "Taffy", not "Taafe". Which I find appropriate because she is chewing him up. :p

I don't care what anyone says about NG. She's a pit bull and puts posers in their place.

jjenny
04-10-2012, 08:49 PM
From reading tweets, sounds like Jose Baez and Mark Garragos are tearing apart the two ex-lawyers on AC 360. Please don't tweet that...not both of them!

Both of them were on Anderson Cooper and in agreement on that.

csziggy
04-10-2012, 08:50 PM
What about all the other countries that border Peru?

Apparently all the South American countries now have extradition treaties with the US:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extradition_law_in_the_United_States#International _extradition

There are some countries that will not extradite in death penalty cases, but that is a different matter.

uvamerica
04-10-2012, 08:50 PM
I'm wondering will Zimmerman pull the I'm going to commit suicide card ? Even though it would be very sad to hear this, I'm just wondering if he feels like he is out of options.

Yep, I thought of that, then I wondered if they are possibly gonna go for the "I was insane at the time" defense. Because they sure didn't do GZ any favors otherwise. :moo:

Boytwnmom
04-10-2012, 08:51 PM
seeing as it is Florida I wasn't sure if they had the same ethical rules as the rest of us! Anyway, I see these rules that may be implicated, confidentiality and extrajudicial statements.

(a) Consent Required to Reveal Information. A lawyer shall not reveal information relating to representation of a client except as stated in subdivisions (b), (c), and (d), unless the client gives informed consent.

So, they call a presser and first state they no longer represent Zimmerman. Then they proceed to divulge all manner of information about him although they no longer represent him. Also, they announce they are unable to communicate with their client thus precluding the ability of the client to give informed consent.

In short, these guys are bozos.

There's also another provision that I think could be implicated.

(a) Prejudicial Extrajudicial Statements Prohibited. A lawyer shall not make an extrajudicial statement that a reasonable person would expect to be disseminated by means of public communication if the lawyer knows or reasonably should know that it will have a substantial likelihood of materially prejudicing an adjudicative proceeding due to its creation of an imminent and substantial detrimental effect on that proceeding.

(b) Statements of Third Parties. A lawyer shall not counsel or assist another person to make such a statement. Counsel shall exercise reasonable care to prevent investigators, employees, or other persons assisting in or associated with a case from making extrajudicial statements that are prohibited under this rule.

http://www.floridabar.org/divexe/rrtfb.nsf/FV?Openview&Start=1&Expand=4.3#4.3

Now, I also just read that the lawyers are maybe muddying the waters in terms of whether or not they actually were retained by Zimmerman. I doubt this would work as they were out representing to the public and presumably to the SA that they were representing him.

CNN reporter Ashley Banfield said she was told by Zimmerman's lawyers that he never returned a signed letter affirming the attorneys were representing him.

"They've never been retained. They've never been paid," she said.

http://www.kpho.com/story/17371121/zimmermans-attorneys-have-lost-contact-with-him-withdraw-from-case

I don't get at all where they're going with all this but I'm not putting their number in my Rolodex.

Jose Baez on CNN right now -- "I'm looking at a saturday night skit" -- blasts GZ's (former) lawyers. Says they could have broken confidentiality.

BetteDavisEyes
04-10-2012, 08:52 PM
Rally being held for teacher who says she was fired over Trayvon Martin

Posted: 04/10/2012
Last Updated: 52 minutes ago

• By: Tom Wait

PONTIAC, Mich. (WXYZ) - A rally is underway for a teacher who was allegedly fired after her students planned a fundraiser for Trayvon Martin, the unarmed Florida teen who was shot and killed.

Brooke Harris says she was let go from “Pontiac Academy for Excellence” after her students planned to wear hoodies to school to raise money for Trayvon’s memorial fund...

Read more: http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/region/oakland_county/rally-being-held-for-teacher-who-says-she-was-fired-over-trayvon-martin-rally#ixzz1rgkbeD3K

Steft50
04-10-2012, 08:52 PM
my goodness, the choices. JB on dr. drew or sean hannitty, its official. its a circus!!!

Around here, neither. NCIS is a new episode tonight. :rocker:
:seeya:

i.b.nora
04-10-2012, 08:53 PM
I am surprised Taaffe hasn't mentioned again how George expresses his sincere condolences over the death of Taaffe's 21 year old son three and a half years ago.

suzihawk
04-10-2012, 08:54 PM
He went on and on explaining to Nancy how Trayvon was beating Zimmerman's head on the cement and Zimmerman shot him and how Trayvon went on his side because people don't fall on their back when they die and blah blah blah and Nancy goes and he told you this? He said no he got it from the police report. LOL LOL LOL

Then she threw up her hands in exasperation and said he keeps telling her that he's spoken with GZ and all the while he's only giving her information he got straight from the Orlando Sentinel. :floorlaugh:

Dr.Fessel
04-10-2012, 08:54 PM
Yep, I thought of that, then I wondered if they are possibly gonna go for the "I was insane at the time" defense. Because they sure didn't do GZ any favors otherwise. :moo:

I think it is going to be I had PTSD when I signed that statement and did the video at the police station.

jaded cat
04-10-2012, 08:56 PM

Obviously a lie, whether from GZ or FT. He clearly followed TM after being told he didn't need to do that.

belle3
04-10-2012, 08:57 PM
ng is going to sanford, people! will be live from there tomorrow

i.b.nora
04-10-2012, 08:58 PM
So, if these guys quit, does that mean Joe Oliver comes back?

annalia
04-10-2012, 09:00 PM
I think it is going to be I had PTSD when I signed that statement and did the video at the police station.

I wouldn't be surprised, and this isn't directed at you personally, but PTSD over what?

Wouldn't it be what his mindset was at the time of his shooting Trayvon?

So what caused the PTSD, chasing suspicious black kids around the development? PTSD from too many 911 calls?

I don't think someone can claim PTSD immediately after they shoot someone, can they?

JMHO

uvamerica
04-10-2012, 09:01 PM
[QUOTE=i.b.nora;7775194]I am surprised Taaffe hasn't mentioned again how George expresses his sincere condolences over the death of Taaffe's 21 year old son three and a half years ago.[/QUOTE

FT has come out a few times and said he knows how the Martins feel b/c he also lost his son, but I haven't heard him say how his son died, unless I missed it :waitasec:

suzihawk
04-10-2012, 09:02 PM
I wouldn't be surprised, and this isn't directed at you personally, but PTSD over what?

So what caused the PTSD, chasing suspicious black kids around the development? PTSD from too many 911 calls?

I don't think someone can claim PTSD immediately after they shoot someone, can they?

JMHO

Hosing down neighborhood kids?

LolaMoon08
04-10-2012, 09:02 PM
You know what would be great? If these two lawyers went on the talk show circuit tomorrow and blasted JB for even daring to talk about ethics as a lawyer! I would pay to see that! :floorlaugh:

LolaMoon08
04-10-2012, 09:03 PM
[QUOTE=i.b.nora;7775194]I am surprised Taaffe hasn't mentioned again how George expresses his sincere condolences over the death of Taaffe's 21 year old son three and a half years ago.[/QUOTE

FT has come out a few times and said he knows how the Martins feel b/c he also lost his son, but I haven't heard him say how his son died, unless I missed it :waitasec:

Drug overdose.

legalmania
04-10-2012, 09:03 PM
seeing as it is Florida I wasn't sure if they had the same ethical rules as the rest of us! Anyway, I see these rules that may be implicated, confidentiality and extrajudicial statements.

So, they call a presser and first state they no longer represent Zimmerman. Then they proceed to divulge all manner of information about him although they no longer represent him. Also, they announce they are unable to communicate with their client thus precluding the ability of the client to give informed consent.

In short, these guys are bozos.

There's also another provision that I think could be implicated.

http://www.floridabar.org/divexe/rrtfb.nsf/FV?Openview&Start=1&Expand=4.3#4.3

Now, I also just read that the lawyers are maybe muddying the waters in terms of whether or not they actually were retained by Zimmerman. I doubt this would work as they were out representing to the public and presumably to the SA that they were representing him.

http://www.kpho.com/story/17371121/zimmermans-attorneys-have-lost-contact-with-him-withdraw-from-case

I don't get at all where they're going with all this but I'm not putting their number in my Rolodex.

Was Zimmerman their client? They were doing everything to defend him until he decided to ignore them and start posting and acting on his own. A quality Zimmerman seems to do a lot.

belle3
04-10-2012, 09:04 PM
jb is talking about rational thought processes. I have absolutely seen and heard it all

LolaMoon08
04-10-2012, 09:05 PM

JMHO

He's going to claim some traumatic event from when he was a child? Maybe a black kid stole his girlfriend?

MOO

belle3
what could possibly have been the motivation of these attorneys. Im really starting to wonder now.

mfcmom
"Beware of the half truth. You may have gotten the wrong half." Author Unknown JMO

LambChop
04-10-2012, 09:06 PM
jb is talking about rational thought processes. I have absolutely seen and heard it all

Is that a forensic term?????? lol

francie
04-10-2012, 09:07 PM

... I was traumatized from having my head beaten on the sidewalk and was covered in all that blood. Oh wait...

:moo:

LolaMoon08

Is he a chemist?

Gin

I don't feel sorry for these attorneys. That said, I do agree with those who say there is more to this relationship. I think the heart of it is money.
Either GZ or Daddy was supposed to get the signed agreement and retainer to the attorneys. How many ways is it possible these days to transmit funds?
1. Deposit directly (walk into the bank) or wire transfer into the attorney's business account. (Very standard proceedure, by the way, No attorney takes cash in the office.)
2. Credit card
3. Debit card

It's just not that difficult to quickly transmit funds in 2012. It sounds to me like the attorneys were "nice" about the now obvious long delay, until they realized the website was up and running and the funds weren't specifically earmarked for defense. I'd love to know how many billable hours GZ cost them, easily in the many thousands. I think these guys were surprised and angry they were used...sometimes life's unfair. Waaaa....
I think they went over the top at their presser. Just the facts would have sufficed.

deelytful1
04-10-2012, 09:08 PM
Seeing JB and pics of KCA is just adding salt to the wounds of this case {{smh}}

Boytwnmom
04-10-2012, 09:08 PM
concerning client confidences whether officially retained or they were just a prospective client. In this case, the lawyers also publicly offered themselves as GZ's lawyers. There is no way to win this by pretending they didn't have any relationship.

(a) Prospective Client. A person who discusses with a lawyer the possibility of forming a client-lawyer relationship with respect to a matter is a prospective client.

(b) Confidentiality of Information. Even when no client-lawyer relationship ensues, a lawyer who has had discussions with a prospective client shall not use or reveal information learned in the consultation, except as rule 4-1.9 would permit with respect to information of a former client.

http://www.floridabar.org/divexe/rrtfb.nsf/FV/EABCD58E472D48F385257171005DB7A7

francie
04-10-2012, 09:09 PM
Trayvon's parents and atty Crump were on Piers Morgan, just caught the end but now Alan Dershowitz is on

suzihawk
"Beware of the half truth. You may have gotten the wrong half." Author Unknown JMO

Love that!

Dr.Fessel

JMHO

No, I think he said something on that written statement he shouldn't have and they want the statement thrown by claiming PTSD and head injury and stuff. IMO

francie
04-10-2012, 09:10 PM
Dershowitz very upset & disturbed by what he saw today, they revealed lawyer-client privilege multiple times

LolaMoon08
Seeing JB and pics of KCA is just adding salt to the wounds of this case {{smh}}

Especially since there were racial undertones to that case too since KC accused an Hispanic/Black woman. :banghead:

Boytwnmom
that cover prospective clients. However, these guys held themselves out publicly as GZ's attorneys.

RULE 4-1.18 DUTIES TO PROSPECTIVE CLIENT

(a) Prospective Client. A person who discusses with a lawyer the possibility of forming a client-lawyer relationship with respect to a matter is a prospective client.

(b) Confidentiality of Information. Even when no client-lawyer relationship ensues, a lawyer who has had discussions with a prospective client shall not use or reveal information learned in the consultation, except as rule 4-1.9 would permit with respect to information of a former client.

Was Zimmerman their client? They were doing everything to defend him until he decided to ignore them and start posting and acting on his own. A quality Zimmerman seems to do a lot.

LambChop
04-10-2012, 09:12 PM
Did I hear right when Mr. Taaffe said he "missed" Nancy?????

belle3
04-10-2012, 09:12 PM
He's going to claim some traumatic event from when he was a child? Maybe a black kid stole his girlfriend?

MOO

im losing it. :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

iluvmua
04-10-2012, 09:14 PM
I have no idea why he did what he did.

I'm stumped........

Why would you go AWOL on your own lawyers who are trying to help you?

Dr.Fessel
04-10-2012, 09:15 PM
Ok trying to make this clearer to myself and anyone. LOL

I think the lawyers are claiming he got PTSD from having to fight and shoot Trayvon.

I also think they want to get his statement thrown out because he wasn't in his right mind when he signed it.

I think they have been hinting that for awhile.

LolaMoon08
No, I think he said something on that written statement he shouldn't have and they want the statement thrown by claiming PTSD and head injury and stuff. IMO

I agree with this! He wants those statements thrown out! His story, IMO, has changed and he doesn't want to use that version any more. At least if there is an arrest... we will get to see the statements!

MOO

iluvmua
The last thread closed before I could respond but the drug screen on TM's body at autopsy were negative for drugs and alcohol. So even if he smoked pot before, he hadn't done it in at least 3 weeks or so. It takes about 30 days for traces of pot to clear out of your system, less if you don't smoke much.

TM was already in trouble, suspended from school. He probably wouldn't bring any with him when he's on a trip with his dad.

Do you have a link or a transcript where it states that? TY! :):rocker:

highflyer
04-10-2012, 09:16 PM
You don't have to be sorry.

I thought it was refreshing.

The parents of the unarmed kid who was shot to death were probably watching and they had to be totally refreshed at the lawyers antics.

Gin

Yep! And she gave him the same exact withering look that June Cleaver used to give to Eddie Haskell when he said, "Mrs. Cleaver, you're looking lovely today."

uvamerica

Yep ! the last time he was on NG he said the same thing :floorlaugh:

Rhyme & Reason

I soooo hope you're right.

kimpage
04-10-2012, 09:17 PM
Yes and did you see her close her eyes and the face she made...It was priceless... IMHO

Adrienne37
04-10-2012, 09:20 PM
Taaffe sure puts on quite a show with his dramatizations. Good grief.

Dr.Fessel
04-10-2012, 09:20 PM
Yep ! the last time he was on NG he said the same thing :floorlaugh:

I wonder if he is playing on the Mizz Nancy delivered by Ron Cummings so often. LOL LOL

LolaMoon08
04-10-2012, 09:21 PM
Taaffe sure puts on quite a show with his dramatizations. Good grief.

I want to write LP and ask him to send FT a cowboy hat.

4Jacy
04-10-2012, 09:21 PM
Trayvon's mother has class and dignity.

You are correct, and so does his father...!!

iluvmua
04-10-2012, 09:22 PM
I'm wondering if he does not have some sort of mental disorder that people don't know about.

i think he needs help for whatever his problem is.

uvamerica
04-10-2012, 09:23 PM
I wonder if he is playing on the Mizz Nancy delivered by Ron Cummings so often. LOL LOL

Nancy's reaction was priceless !! she rolled her eyes back in her head as though FT makes her skin crawl ! :moo:

deelytful1
04-10-2012, 09:24 PM
Hannity on now...

highflyer
04-10-2012, 09:24 PM
I'm wondering if he does not have some sort of mental disorder that people don't know about.

So do I. If he is tried and found guilty....they do have counselors in prison. Don't they?

TonyGatto
04-10-2012, 09:25 PM
Hannity: Says he had a conversation with someone he believes to have been GZ. That's it.

deelytful1
04-10-2012, 09:25 PM
What a tease!! OMG he should be egged ... :what:

belle3
04-10-2012, 09:26 PM
on hannitty.....Have been pursuing gz for an interview for a while. They had a conversation, he will not disclose what the conversation was about. Talking about Panthers and neo nazi patrols.
I think I understand a lil better,why gz may have contacted hannitty. imo

LolaMoon08
04-10-2012, 09:26 PM

I absolutely think George Zimmerman is unstable and has been for a very long time! It makes me even angrier that Frank T. knew he was patroling the neighborhood armed with a loaded gun and Frank knew George had "fed up" issues. If Frank would have gone to the HOA and told them what was going on, I am sure they would have asked GZ to step down from neighborhood watch captain. Not to say George wouldn't have done this anyways... but at least the HOA and the residents of that community wouldn't be held responsible for George's actions. I personally think, IF the HOA gets sued, they should sue Frank and George.

MOO

iluvmua
04-10-2012, 09:27 PM
Why can't Hannity say what GZ told him?

Did GZ tell him not to tell?

TonyGatto
Can't wait til Hannity is subpoenaed.

LolaMoon08
Hannity: Says he had a conversation with someone he believes to have been GZ. That's it.

I've talked to a man I believed was Santa Claus for years... woop-de-doo! He doesn't even know if it was Zimmerman?

passionflower
04-10-2012, 09:30 PM
Tox screen should of been done also on GZ........was he drinking? smoking? drugs?
After hearing that he was a 'bouncer' at an 'illegal' party, makes me wonder..........
Does GZ have a job? ever have regular employment?
Does he still live with parents?
Who bought the gun and when?

Gin

I think he's been surprised that there are consequences for behavior. His actions speak of someone who justifies everything, he can do no wrong, he's very special, all the makings of a little snowflake. He has been enabled in the past, and he probably thought this "little" incident would disappear soon, just like his other brushes with the law. This one didn't disappear, a precious teenager was murdered.
JMO/IMO etc,

daisy7

I didn't hear them say they had no written agreement, only that they had never met with him in person. AFAIK, a client and attorney can make a verbal agreement for representation.

Adrienne37

I was wondering if that could happen. Interesting.

LolaMoon08
04-10-2012, 09:32 PM
I didn't hear them say they had no written agreement, only that they had never met with him in person. AFAIK, a client and attorney can make a verbal agreement for representation.

Heck, they went to the bank with George's father to set up an account to help pay for the defense. That right there tells me all I need to know.

MOO

jaded cat
04-10-2012, 09:33 PM
Do you have a link or a transcript where it states that? TY! :):rocker:

I had to correct myself. There was no official report released about the results of TM's tox screen, only that there was one done at autopsy. Sorry for the confusion.

belle3
04-10-2012, 09:33 PM
jb just said speculation. lol!

FLmom777
04-10-2012, 09:34 PM
Well, listening Hannity was a waste of time. Listening to Dr. Drew with jb is horrid.

Wise Old Owl
04-10-2012, 09:35 PM
Well, listening Hannity was a waste of time. Listening to Dr. Drew with jb is horrid.
ok then - Dancing with the Stars it is!!!!!!!

ITA - Hannity was uneventful. Didn't catch JB (didn't really want to either!)

JMHO

LolaMoon08
04-10-2012, 09:36 PM
Let's all wave to Jose!! :seeya::seeya::seeya: You know he'll need to catch up on all the posts about him later.

Steft50
04-10-2012, 09:36 PM

So I wonder, if there is no written agreement, can they go back and bill him for the hours they did represent him. Including all the interviews and traveling expenses.

daisy7
04-10-2012, 09:39 PM
So I wonder, with no written agreement, if they can go back and bill him for the hours they did represent him. Including all the interviews and traveling expenses.

They said they were pro bono until he got charged, so I would guess not.

Gin
04-10-2012, 09:40 PM

JMO/IMO etc
I think it might go down like this: GZ/Daddy sue attorneys for saying "Bad stuff 'bout us." Attorneys counter sue for unpaid services rendered to the tune of at least $25,000.00. They will be able to account for every penny. It will be settled out of court, we will never hear about it again. Probably a draw.

So my websleuth friends know, I in no way justify the behavior of the attorneys today, I just see a situation where two wrongs equal they both quietly settle their differences.
GZ will have far more problems, the (I believe) coming indictment, trial, the likely civil suits....if they gave frequent flyer miles for court appearances he'll probably be at least platinum by the time this is over.

And...I guess it's possible the Fla bar may give the attorneys a slap on the wrist, but that will be about it, IMO. It's kinda an old boys club..and most of the old boys probably realize Z is a pain in the patootie.

LolaMoon08
So I wonder, if there is no written agreement, can they go back and bill him for the hours they did represent him. Including all the interviews and traveling expenses.

They said they were working pro-bono until an arrest and said George owed them no money.

Isabelle
I soooo hope you're right.

Media report was information within 72 hours from SA, but who knows, maybe shoring up their ratings for the next few days!

legalmania
04-10-2012, 09:41 PM
concerning client confidences whether officially retained or they were just a prospective client. In this case, the lawyers also publicly offered themselves as GZ's lawyers. There is no way to win this by pretending they didn't have any relationship.

http://www.floridabar.org/divexe/rrtfb.nsf/FV/EABCD58E472D48F385257171005DB7A7

If they had a legal relationship then they can sue Zimmerman for breach of contract. It goes both ways.

FLmom777
04-10-2012, 09:42 PM
Hi JB.

:seeya:
Now go crawl under a rock somewhere so we never have to hear you whine again.

LolaMoon08
If they had a legal relationship then they can sue Zimmerman for breach of contract. It goes both ways.

That would be fun!

jjenny

What contract did he breach since they clearly didn't have a contract?

passionflower
If GZ is still in Fla, IMO he should stick as close to his lawyers as he can.
IMO, he is a TARGET, so many hate groups out there.
That is why I personally think he has flown the nest and is out of the country.
Easter is a very busy time of year to fly.........who would be the wiser????
Does he have a passport? Was he born in the USA? or Peru?

Rhyme & Reason
04-10-2012, 09:43 PM
on hannitty.....Have been pursuing gz for an interview for a while. They had a conversation, he will not disclose what the conversation was about. Talking about Panthers and neo nazi patrols.
I think I understand a lil better,why gz may have contacted hannitty. imo

No question in my mind why GZ may have contacted Hannity. LOL

Isabelle
04-10-2012, 09:43 PM
I want to write LP and ask him to send FT a cowboy hat.

LP will soon be chomping at the bit to hunt him down!

Rhyme & Reason
04-10-2012, 09:44 PM

LOL. How awesome would that be! Serve him right.

Isabelle
04-10-2012, 09:44 PM

Thanks, it was mentioned a few days ago and resulted in a vacation for one of them members of the board.

Isabelle
04-10-2012, 09:45 PM
Hannity on now...

Hannity on NG or his own show? Tell us, tell us!

Reader
04-10-2012, 09:46 PM

He can change his version of lies but that still does not explain no injuries as claimed. I want to see his medical report, if one exists. Plus, a psychiatrist would have to verify the PTSD, right?

And I want to know exactly where, what angle and how close was the shot that killed Trayvon and how he ended up in the face down position with hands underneath.

IMO

LolaMoon08
04-10-2012, 09:48 PM
ok then - Dancing with the Stars it is!!!!!!!

ITA - Hannity was uneventful. Didn't catch JB (didn't really want to either!)

JMHO

Can't believe my "Dance Mom's" wasn't on tonight! :banghead:

legalmania
04-10-2012, 09:48 PM

Only for a short time because in order to become someones attorney legally you have to file with the court. Notice of Representation.

Rhyme & Reason
04-10-2012, 09:50 PM
Media report was information within 72 hours from SA, but who knows, maybe shoring up their ratings for the next few days!

Could be that LOL! I'm hoping it's because they want him in custody before they announce it.

LambChop
Only for a short time because in order to become someones attorney legally you have to file with the court. Notice of Representation.

Isn't that only if you are going to trial that you need to file a notice??

TonyGatto
No question in my mind why GZ may have contacted Hannity. LOL

Care to share?

Peliman
Hello everyone, trying to catch up from a work day. Question about the extradition, I read which countries did not have extradition treaties. Two countries I wondered about were Venezuela and/or Cuba, anyone know?

legalmania
What contract did he breach since they clearly didn't have a contract?

A verbal contract, is legal in Fl.

deelytful1
04-10-2012, 09:51 PM
Judge Karen.. the most lucid guest on Dr Drew tonight ... rants about how this situation has NOTHING to do with a hoodie but the media hounds AND the likes of Sharpton and JJackson are making it so...

highflyer
04-10-2012, 09:51 PM
Hello everyone, trying to catch up from a work day. Question about the extradition, I read which countries did not have extradition treaties. Two countries I wondered about were Venezuela and/or Cuba, anyone know?

I also wondered about Cuba.

legalmania
04-10-2012, 09:53 PM
Isn't that only if you are going to trial that you need to file a notice??

As far as I remember when you take a case you need to file as the clients attorney. The court is then on notice you are being represented.

deelytful1
04-10-2012, 09:53 PM

Not me.. but GZs ex attorneys stated that he was IN the US (but I trust them as far as I can throw them)

LambChop
04-10-2012, 09:54 PM
I also wondered about Cuba.

US has a base there, still. Not sure that would be a good decision even if he could get into the country. jmo

deelytful1
04-10-2012, 09:55 PM

OT
My son is watching Dance Moms Miami and he's hating it.. LOL

daisy7
04-10-2012, 09:55 PM

As there is currently no court case, why would his attorneys have to file this?? :confused:

legalmania
04-10-2012, 09:56 PM
US has a base there, still. Not sure that would be a good decision even if he could get into the country. jmo

Wasn't Guantanamo closed? Or did they just kick out the terrorist?

Peliman
Not me.. but GZs ex attorneys stated that he was IN the US (but I trust them as far as I can throw them)

I was just wondering in case he's asked to turn himself in and he fled the U.S.

Isabelle
If GZ is still in Fla, IMO he should stick as close to his lawyers as he can.
IMO, he is a TARGET, so many hate groups out there.
That is why I personally think he has flown the nest and is out of the country.
Easter is a very busy time of year to fly.........who would be the wiser????
Does he have a passport? Was he born in the USA? or Peru?

FBI could certainly find out if he left the country using his passport.

Peliman
04-10-2012, 09:57 PM

Guantanamo is still open but it's under U.S. control, it's the rest of Cuba I wondered about.

LambChop
04-10-2012, 09:57 PM
As far as I remember when you take a case you need to file as the clients attorney. The court is then on notice you are being represented.

But he hasn't been charged so they don't need to file with the court until the SA charges him or if they charge him. Right now GZ claims he's just asking for legal advice. Somehow the attorneys were looking at it differently. lol jmo

Isabelle
04-10-2012, 09:58 PM

Me too!!!!! Not even reruns!

JennyMominRI
04-10-2012, 09:58 PM

Guantanamo is still open for business

LambChop
04-10-2012, 09:59 PM

They will never close GITMO. It's the gateway to the Carribbean. jmo

Rhyme & Reason
04-10-2012, 09:59 PM
Care to share?

Sorry Tony, I need to keep my mouth shut on this one or I will certainly be banned LOL

Adrienne37
04-10-2012, 10:00 PM
Me too!!!!! Not even reruns!

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who watches Dance Moms! I love that show. :rocker:

Isabelle
04-10-2012, 10:00 PM

I think he would have to go to Cuba from a location outside the US. I don't think there are any regular commercial flights from the US.

highflyer
04-10-2012, 10:01 PM
We don't even know if GZ has a passport, do we?

Isabelle

Funny that they can't reach him, but they know he is in the US. What are they psychics!

TonyGatto
Lawrence O going after Hannity. This should be fun.

LambChop
04-10-2012, 10:02 PM
I think he would have to go to Cuba from a location outside the US. I don't think there are any regular commercial flights from the US.

Just from McGuire Air Force Base in New Jersey, but not commercial......lol

LolaMoon08
Judge Karen.. the most lucid guest on Dr Drew tonight ... rants about how this situation has NOTHING to do with a hoodie but the media hounds AND the likes of Sharpton and JJackson are making it so...

Have Sharpton or Jackson even said anything in the past couple of weeks about this case?

JennyMominRI

8 us airports now have chartered flights to Cuba

legalmania
As there is currently no court case, why would his attorneys have to file this?? :confused:

We were just hypothetically chatting.

LolaMoon08
04-10-2012, 10:04 PM

I have a friend from Cuba, and she goes through Mexico, to see her family in Cuba. They won't stamp your passport.

Gin
They said they were pro bono until he got charged, so I would guess not.

Z didn't do what he was supposed to, get the retainer agreement paperwork in to the attorneys, promptly. That was a big mistake IMO.

passionflower
We don't even know if GZ has a passport, do we?

I don't think we do, but if mom is from Peru, there is a possibility that she took her children to see her family??? A passport is good for 10 years IIRC.

jaded cat
04-10-2012, 10:05 PM

I think you have can have an attorney of record just to have one. Or I could be wrong but my stepfather has one for financial affairs. In Oregon.

LambChop
Funny that they can't reach him, but they know he is in the US. What are they psychics!

And Sonner said that he was close in case he had to turn himself in and then said he did not know where he was and if someone told him where he was Sonner would not tell the reporter who that person was?????? It sounded like Sonner stepped in doggie doo and was trying to get it off his shoe.....lol

Isabelle

I hope commercial travel to Cuba resumes before I die. Last time I was there I was 8. My mom, sisters and brother were born there.

legalmania
04-10-2012, 10:06 PM
But he hasn't been charged so they don't need to file with the court until the SA charges him or if they charge him. Right now GZ claims he's just asking for legal advice. Somehow the attorneys were looking at it differently. lol jmo

You know when high profile meets money there is always some kind turmoil.

raeann
04-10-2012, 10:06 PM

NOT closed, still are terrorists....can't comment about "political" issues here, but some promises aren't realistic or made with any intention of being kept....enough said....

JennyMominRI
04-10-2012, 10:07 PM

There are some standard rotator flights from some other US bases, but I don't think I can legally list them. I'm retired military with space a privileges so I see them listed regularly

TonyGatto
LO suggests lawyers newser was to protect their licenses -- distancing themselves from any possibility that GZ left the country.

passionflower

and why say this??? I know he looked up C Anthony and shacked up with her!!! LOL..........

Isabelle
04-10-2012, 10:08 PM

I'm not sure if the travel is open to anyone or only to those who immigrated to the US and go back to see family. When we were in Europe, there were bill boards and ads all over the place for travel to Cuba!

Boytwnmom
04-10-2012, 10:09 PM
and a personal service type contract issue can't be remedied by an order for specific performance. You can sue for breaches as to the adequacy etc of the service rendered but no one can make another person perform any services for them.

There are rules for lawyers involved, for example, in criminal representation during a case. The court has to be notified of any wish to withdraw and it has to be approved and there needs to be a cause.

JennyMominRI
04-10-2012, 10:09 PM

Dont know that posted twice. Sorry

LambChop
04-10-2012, 10:10 PM
I hope commercial travel to Cuba resumes before I die. Last time I was there I was 8. My mom, sisters and brother were born there.

I hope so too. I have grandchildren who are 1/4 Cuban. I'd like to think some day they could go there for a visit and see relatives.

TonyGatto
04-10-2012, 10:11 PM
Do we have any information that ANYBODY has seen GZ since the night of the killing? This story that he is hiding because of death threats is wearing kinda thin.

LolaMoon08
LO suggests lawyers newser was to protect their licenses -- distancing themselves from any possibility that GZ left the country.

Why would they lose their license if GZ left the country? What they did today was a heck of a lot worse than a client skipping town, IMO.

JennyMominRI
I'm not sure if the travel is open to anyone or only to those who immigrated to the US and go back to see family. When we were in Europe, there were bill boards and ads all over the place for travel to Cuba!

I'm pretty sure you still have to have a legitimate reason to go. People mostly elect to fly from Mexico or Canada as they don't want the passport stamp

Isabelle
04-10-2012, 10:12 PM
Wonder if today was just a way to pull the wool over the people and media? Could an arrest come sooner than 72 hours, like tonight? Everyone's guard is down for sure.

LolaMoon08
04-10-2012, 10:12 PM
I hope so too. I have grandchildren who are 1/4 Cuban. I'd like to think some day they could go there for a visit and see relatives.

I want to go to Cuba so bad!! We passed Cuba, could see it in the distance, when I went on a cruise... I wanted to jump off and swim to Cuba! It's a fascinating place to me? I don't know why?

And if all the men look like that fine Cuban man on DWTS, I really, really want to go!

MOO

TonyGatto
04-10-2012, 10:13 PM
We may need to send in Seal Team Six to get GZ.

LambChop
04-10-2012, 10:15 PM
There are some standard rotator flights from some other US bases, but I don't think I can legally list them. I'm retired military with space a privileges so I see them listed regularly

My husband was stationed there in 64'. I was due to leave within the week to join him and Castro cut the water pipe so my trip was cancelled and I had to stay here in the states until he returned. I have heard Cuba was quite the place years ago. Not so much today. jmo

Boytwnmom
04-10-2012, 10:17 PM
and has no effect on the formation of the attorney client relationship. In MA, you don't file a formal notice-the rules just provide all pleadings, motions etc have to be signed by an attorney and the signing of any such paper, shall constitute an appearance by the attorney who signs it, unless the paper states otherwise.

Adrienne37
04-10-2012, 10:18 PM
Wonder if today was just a way to pull the wool over the people and media? Could an arrest come sooner than 72 hours, like tonight? Everyone's guard is down for sure.

Could be. The press release stated within the next 72 hours and that the media would be notified 3 hours in advance.

Corey to present new information in Trayvon Martin case
Teen shot dead in Sanford by neighborhood watch leader

Published On: Apr 10 2012 08:17:15 PM EDT Updated On: Apr 10 2012 08:40:59 PM EDT

SANFORD, Fla. -
State Attorney Angela Corey, the special prosecutor in the Trayvon Martin case, announced on Tuesday night that she will hold a news conference sometime within the next three days.

In a memo from her office, Corey said she will release new information regarding the shooting death investigation.

The media will be notified three hours in advance of the news conference as to when and where it will be held -- either Jacksonville or Sanford.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/Corey- ... 8jrgr0z/-/

JennyMominRI
My husband was stationed there in 64'. I was due to leave within the week to join him and Castro cut the water pipe so my trip was cancelled and I had to stay here in the states until he returned. I have heard Cuba was quite the place years ago. Not so much today. jmo

I know quite a few UK citizens who have been and quite liked it..Bottom line is that I don't think GZ could get there legally

JSV
Trayvon Martin: State attorney to break silence within 72 hours

http://www.cfnews13.com/

tezi
04-10-2012, 10:19 PM
Going back to read what I missed, but so far, all I have to say is what a farking hot mess this is!!!!

legalmania
and a personal service type contract issue can't be remedied by an order for specific performance. You can sue for breaches as to the adequacy etc of the service rendered but no one can make another person perform any services for them.

There are rules for lawyers involved, for example, in criminal representation during a case. The court has to be notified of any wish to withdraw and it has to be approved and there needs to be a cause.

Which doesn't apply here because they never filed, and there is a question as to whether there was any contract, was there a meeting of the minds?

LolaMoon08
Could be. The press release stated within the next 72 hours and that the media would be notified 3 hours in advance.

Corey to present new information in Trayvon Martin case
Teen shot dead in Sanford by neighborhood watch leader

Published On: Apr 10 2012 08:17:15 PM EDT Updated On: Apr 10 2012 08:40:59 PM EDT

SANFORD, Fla. -
State Attorney Angela Corey, the special prosecutor in the Trayvon Martin case, announced on Tuesday night that she will hold a news conference sometime within the next three days.

In a memo from her office, Corey said she will release new information regarding the shooting death investigation.

The media will be notified three hours in advance of the news conference as to when and where it will be held -- either Jacksonville or Sanford.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/Corey- ... 8jrgr0z/-/

If she holds the news conference in Sanford, it's good news... if she holds the press conference in Jacksonville, it's bad news.

MOO

JennyMominRI
04-10-2012, 10:23 PM
IF GZ goes on the run and people continue to give money too him via the website, can that be considered aiding and abetting?

LambChop
If she holds the news conference in Sanford, it's good news... if she holds the press conference in Jacksonville, it's bad news.

MOO

Have to wonder why wait 3 days. Time for GZ to get another attorney???? jmo

LolaMoon08
Why the 72 hours? That's what I want to know? What do they need in the next 72 hours that they don't have now? George?

LolaMoon08
04-10-2012, 10:24 PM
IF goes on the run and people continue to give money too him via the website, can that be considered aiding and abetting?

Yes, I believe so?

Dr.Fessel
04-10-2012, 10:25 PM
The lawyers said they had been trying to arrange a meeting between the Special Prosecutor and them and Zimmerman for a while. Then they said Zimmerman went behind their backs and tried to talk to the SP.

Then the SP comes out and says news conference within 72 hours.

I really think he was told to turn himself in and something is going wrong.

I think she wanted to have him under arrest before announcing the charges.

I think the SP is giving him 72 hours before she issues a warrant.

uvamerica
04-10-2012, 10:25 PM
Video of today's presser can be found here

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/videogallery/69313367/News/Attorney-Hal-Uhrig-states-case-for-Zimmerman-s-innocence

ThoughtFox
04-10-2012, 10:26 PM
IF GZ goes on the run and people continue to give money too him via the website, can that be considered aiding and abetting?

Yes, I would think so. Proving where the money came from would be the problem. But knowing George, he will probably blurt it out, or get Frank Taaffe to do it for him! ;)

Emeralgem
04-10-2012, 10:26 PM
Just wondering IF anyone else thinks a Friday is really not the best time to make an announcement concerning this case? JMHO.

LolaMoon08
04-10-2012, 10:27 PM
Now. I. See.

What if George was told that he was going to have to turn himself in this week and he fled? The reason the lawyers wanted no part in the "money" being donated and the website and that money is being used to keep him on the run?? Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

LambChop
04-10-2012, 10:28 PM
The lawyers said they had been trying to arrange a meeting between the Special Prosecutor and them and Zimmerman for a while. Then they said Zimmerman went behind their backs and tried to talk to the SP.

Why is it you always make sense????? lol

imamaze
Yes, I would think so. Proving where the money came from would be the problem. But knowing George, he will probably blurt it out, or get Frank Taaffe to do it for him! ;)

But what if they are giving money to help with his defense?

tehcloser

You read my mind again Doc! And today's twilight zone presser was his attornies trying to get in touch with him...........he's among the missing.

ThoughtFox

I agree with all of that, Dr. Fessel! I was watching the talk shows thinking about how strange it all was and came to some of those same conclusions.

LolaMoon08
Why is it you always make sense????? lol

I know!! I wasn't even thinking about that and now I get it and I'm freaking out?? Is that why they were distancing themselves from THIS website and THIS money??

TonyGatto
04-10-2012, 10:29 PM

Not sure I agree with all of this -- but good food for thought. Especially the something may have gone wrong part.

tehcloser
04-10-2012, 10:31 PM
And Hannity prolly' knows he's ran off and the SA has made a deal with him not to spill it yet.......

LambChop
04-10-2012, 10:32 PM

I think that was the point of the attorneys overseeing the spending of the money....to protect GZ. jmo

Steft50
04-10-2012, 10:33 PM
Even FT hasn't seen him. Right?

That was my understanding.

ThoughtFox
04-10-2012, 10:34 PM

I think I was responding to a question about people helping him escape an indictment by hiding him or helping him move from place to place.

If people want to give him money for defense, that's fine. But I don't think it's legal to bankroll someone on the run who doesn't want to turn himself in to authorities. Running away is never the answer in our legal system - it's ridiculous, and it's childish, imo.

Today the attorneys were talking about the bank account that they set up last week in Zimmerman's father's name. It was all supposed to be legitimate and above-board. The money was going to be an escrow account for the defense that would then be linked to the paypal on the website, but something happened when George went rogue.

They implied that perhaps George absconded with some money, or set up a different paypal account in another family member's name, and it was all getting so hinky that they disconnected themselves from it.

imamaze
04-10-2012, 10:36 PM
I think that was the point of the attorneys overseeing the spending of the money....to protect GZ. jmo

I meant it in terms of someone asking if it could be considered aiding and abetting. I don't see how it could if they were giving the money to help with his defense, that is what his website says its for legal defense and living expenses.

Ima

LolaMoon08

I really think you're right! The whole conference was so desperate... like they were still defending him, but covering their butts at the same time.

Wow!

chefmom

That makes sense. If that is the case, then he needs to turn himself in. Did anyone hear what he talked to Hannity about?

raeann
04-10-2012, 10:38 PM
And Hannity prolly' knows he's ran off and the SA has made a deal with him not to spill it yet.......

IF any of this is the case....the FOX news legal team is all over this trying to figure out how to handle it.....

jmo

csziggy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extradition_law_in_the_United_States#International _extradition

LolaMoon08
What would be the point in running? If he is to be arrested, he'll be placed in a cell of his own, under protective custody until he can bail out. He's more than likely going to get bond? If he runs... he can kiss that goodbye!

legalmania
04-10-2012, 10:39 PM

Until he is charged, he can continue to live his life, if and when there is an indictment. That's a tricky question because people were led to believe that they were helping his defense, not to aid and abet.

Isabelle
04-10-2012, 10:40 PM

I think I would rather be tried!

TonyGatto
04-10-2012, 10:41 PM
What would be the point in running? If he is to be arrested, he'll be placed in a cell of his own, under protective custody until he can bail out. He's more than likely going to get bond? If he runs... he can kiss that goodbye!

That would be the thinking of a rational human being.

JennyMominRI
04-10-2012, 10:42 PM
Until he is charged, he can continue to live his life. I'm sure if there is an indictment. That's a tricky question because people were led to believe that they were helping his defense, not to aid and abet.

I was thinking of a case where he is indicted but doesn't turn himself in

legalmania
04-10-2012, 10:45 PM
I was thinking of a case where he is indicted but doesn't turn himself in

I really don't know, but I would think people won't be very sympathetic knowing he is on the run and probably won't give.

LolaMoon08
04-10-2012, 10:46 PM
Do you think he called the SA to tell her he was going to flee and she told him to talk to his lawyers and he wasn't having it?

ETA: Totally ignore this post... it makes no sense as I am making no sense right now because I think I am in shock.

highflyer
04-10-2012, 10:46 PM
GZ may not be charged and if he is out of the country as I understand it he was free to move around as he pleased.

ThoughtFox
04-10-2012, 10:49 PM
I meant it in terms of someone asking if it could be considered aiding and abetting. I don't see how it could if they were giving the money to help with his defense, that is what his website says its for legal defense and living expenses.

Ima

I don't think I understand your question. Let me try again.

George cannot take pay-pal donations under false pretenses. Saying he has a "defense fund" doesn't mean whatever George wants it to mean. It's a type of contract between himself and whoever gives the money that it's used for legitimate purposes.

Light bill, water bill, food at home for family, court fees, legal pads - Legitimate.

Airline tickets out of state? Not legit.

Food on the run? Not legit.

See what I mean? He can't just take money and run and call it "defense" when he doesn't even acknowledge his defense attorneys, it seems to me.

These guys set up a fund with George's father's name on it. Why? Because let's be realisitic ~ George may be going to jail.

I think they didn't put his wife's name on the account because they may all ready be having money troubles and they don't want it seized. OR, the father is just a control freak - who knows?

Bottom line - attorneys cannot set up bank accounts and take donations and not itemize where the money is going. That is not legal in any way, and it's unethical.

This prosecutor probably wants to charge with him something - manslaughter most likely.
But if he isn't in state, he can't be charged.

So I think this 72 hour thing means that she is giving him 72 hours to get back to Florida and be ready to turn himself in to authorities.

If George doesn't return to Florida, he cannot charged, right?

And if he cannot be charged and isn't talking to attorneys, then there is no "defense" going on. That was the point of the press conference today. He is gone, and his lawyers can't reach him. They can't defend him and they can't guarantee he will cooperate with authorities, so they cut off ties with him.

If people give him money for "defense" that means to pay his attorneys and for living expenses for his family. That's my understanding at least.

If George then takes that money and goes to another state or to Canada or Peru or wherever, then the money is being used to aid and abet a fugitive.

JMOO :cow: :moo:

4Jacy
04-10-2012, 10:52 PM
Trayvon Martin: State attorney to break silence within 72 hours

http://www.cfnews13.com/

Yeah right! What has she done so far? PLEASE!!

highflyer
04-10-2012, 10:54 PM
Yeah right! What has she done so far? PLEASE!!

Doing an investigation? Why does the three day window upset you?

katydid23
04-10-2012, 10:54 PM
Do you think he called the SA to tell her he was going to flee and she told him to talk to his lawyers and he wasn't having it?

ETA: Totally ignore this post... it makes no sense as I am making no sense right now because I think I am in shock.

Why would he tell the State Attorney that he was planning to flee? I would think that would be that last thing he would do. Unless he was looking for an insanity defense. :crazy:

LolaMoon08
04-10-2012, 10:56 PM
Okay... so the SA can't charge him if he isn't in Florida? Can they put out a warrant for his arrest?

If he fled... there are people kicking themselves hard right now, IMO.

Beyond Belief
Maybe she's only going to share some information, like information about the autopsy or some evidence tht she is able to share to help the public understand a little more clearly.

Boytwnmom
as GZ's attorneys and even if he was a prospective client they would be obligated to confidentiality and various other rules although not to the same extent, perhaps, as if they had formally represented him. The rules are written to benefit the client and make it harder for the attorney to squirm out of their obligations but I don't know that GZ is in position to go after them for anything....now...if he loses his case he may have a bone to pick with them about the advice they offered and the confidences they spilled about his mental state etc.

The more vocal guy today, Ulrich? I'm not clear on whether they actually spoke. I know GZ talked to Sonner? but wasn't sure about the other guy. And they never met with him at all. Really strange all around.

Which doesn't apply here because they never filed, and there is a question as to whether there was any contract, was there a meeting of the minds?

LolaMoon08
Why would he tell the State Attorney that he was planning to flee? I would think that would be that last thing he would do. Unless he was looking for an insanity defense. :crazy:

That's why I said to ignore that post... I'm not thinking straight right now. I'm in shock. :crazy: