PDA

View Full Version : 17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #21

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

redkatrampant
04-11-2012, 02:29 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/04/11/attorneys-for-george-zimmerman-whos-at-center-trayvon-martin-shooting-case-say/

DEVELOPING: (Newscore)- Florida special prosecutor Angela Corey will announce that she is charging George Zimmerman in the shooting death of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin, The Washington Post reported Wednesday, citing a law enforcement official close to the investigation.

It is unclear what charges he will face.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/04/11/attorneys-for-george-zimmerman-whos-at-center-trayvon-martin-shooting-case-say/#ixzz1rl3H90pu

octobermoon
Has anyone heard if GZ has a new lawyer yet?

frenchvixen
As usual, so well thought out and beautifully expressed. Thank you Papa, your last sentence would explain me as well.

I have a great deal of respect for the Martins, and hope they will get justice for their wonderful son.

R.I.P. Trayvon

In the next 4 hours the special prosecutor will be holding a press conference. I guess this would explain why TM's parents went first. They must have gotten the news from her and she let them speak first.

grammieto5
What grace Trayvons parents have. I don't think I would, hell what am I saying, I know I would not/did not show such grace. I do admire them.

LolaMoon08
04-11-2012, 02:30 PM
Bless Trayvon's parents!! While they were giving that press conference, they had no idea all this news was being reported... I am crying for them right now! I know they have to be so relieved and so... I don't know?? My heart is just with them right now!

These news stations better be right too!

MOO

cityslick
I'm anxious to know what the charges are going to be?

I'd be shocked if it's higher than manslaughter (2nd degree...) but you never know.

tehcloser
Oh I still think there will be some sort of uproar...

Oh I'm sure the crazy arsed hill billy bubbas are gonna raise some hello...but give them a few beers and they will quiet down. :what:

BetteDavisEyes
04-11-2012, 02:31 PM
Methinks we're in for another long night. Fasten your seatbelts...

LolaMoon08
In the next 4 hours the special prosecutor will be holding a press conference. I guess this would explain why TM's parents went first. They must have gotten the news from her and she let them speak first.

No. They didn't even know. All the news was coming in during that press conference and the media kept asking them and they had no idea!

LaLaw2000
I just don't think I can bear it if there is not justice for Trayvon, his parents, his big brother, and his little soon-to-be brother.

What a difference in this PC and the lawyers for GZ yesterday afternoon! What grace and resolve!

My heart breaks for the parents.

momtective
GZ will be charged!! CNN is quoting the Washington Post. I'm waiting for the perp walk.

:yesss:

grammaof52000
04-11-2012, 02:32 PM
within the next 4 hours the SP is holding is going to tell us what is going on with Zimmerman. Hope that it means that charges are going to be laid.

cityslick
04-11-2012, 02:32 PM
I'm wondering now if the decision was made before he made the phone call yesterday and after informing them he had no counsel, he was informed and agreed to turn himself in, hence the '72 hours' note last night.

octobermoon
04-11-2012, 02:33 PM
Oh I'm sure the crazy arsed hill billy bubbas are gonna raise some hello...but give them a few beers and they will quiet down. :what:

You read my mind.

annalia
04-11-2012, 02:33 PM
No. They didn't even know. All the news was coming in during that press conference and the media kept asking them and they had no idea!

Now it makes sense, I was wondering what they meant when a reporter asked a question and they said they hadn't checked their emails or they couldn't answer until they were able to confirm it. I didn't hear what the question was that they were being asked.

JMHO

belle3
04-11-2012, 02:35 PM
http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=&URL=0700-0799/0782/Sections/0782.04.html

LolaMoon08
04-11-2012, 02:36 PM
Now it makes sense, I was wondering what they meant when a reporter asked a question and they said they hadn't checked their emails or they couldn't answer until they were able to confirm it. I didn't hear what the question was that they were being asked.

JMHO

Yes! They had no idea! I bet Trayvon's parents are crying so many different tears at this moment. I know I'm crying with them!

belle3
http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=&URL=0700-0799/0782/Sections/0782.07.html

LaLaw2000

The beers will do it if you also throw in some deer meat on the grill, teh!

BetteDavisEyes
04-11-2012, 02:38 PM
Wow! Email alert from my local (Detroit) TV station:

==============================
National Breaking News
==============================

Reports: Zimmerman to be charged

A Florida special prosecutor will announce charges against George Zimmerman in
the shooting death of Trayvon Martin, The Washington Post and NBC News report.

MORE DETAILS: <http://www.clickondetroit.com/tu/66QN42JBf.html>

wfgodot
Sorry I've been missing in action for a few weeks and haven't the depth of knowledge about this case the rest of you have, so I'll just say: "He shot a young man in cold blood; the young man was armed with Skittles." "Brang on the charges" as we say here in Okie-land. No justice, no peace.

LiveLaughLuv
BREAKING NEWS....

Criminal charges to be filed....more to come by 3PM....

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/04/11/11144255-nbc-george-zimmerman-to-be-charged-in-trayvon-martin-case?lite

octobermoon
04-11-2012, 02:39 PM

When did you meet my family? ;) :floorlaugh:

tehcloser
04-11-2012, 02:40 PM

:what: You were peeking over my fence last weekend weren't you??? :floorlaugh:

Oh dangit! I thought I was posting in the other thread!!!!!!!! My bad mods!

LolaMoon08
04-11-2012, 02:41 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/rabbi-shmuley-boteach/sybrina-fulton-trayvon-martin_b_1409832.html

]***I have no time for anger. I don't want to grant it a place in my heart. I simply want justice. I don't hate him and I'm not angry at him. But my son died and we deserve to know what happened. It's not for the police to determine justice. It's for the courts. And we'll stand by what the court says. But that's what I'm focused on. We want an arrest. But it's not out of anger or hatred. I have too much to do to be sidetracked with any of that. But when your son dies and there isn't even an arrest, it makes it so much harder.[/B]***

Your absolute strength and resolve made this happen Mrs. Fulton! I am very proud to have supported you and your family, even though all I could do was add my signature, I am behind your family and will be with you in your pursuit for Justice! Justice for Trayvon!

Donjeta
04-11-2012, 02:42 PM
It kind of sounds like the prosecutors are confident that they will have him in custody shortly (if not already) since they barricaded the new inmate area.

Although there is a part of me that wonders if the reason GZ stopped answering his lawyers' calls wasn't that he wanted to go underground and figured that charges would be coming up shortly and that LE could trace him by the pings if they've got a warrant for that.

redkatrampant
BREAKING NEWS....

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/04/11/11144255-nbc-george-zimmerman-to-be-charged-in-trayvon-martin-case?lite

There goes my nap!

Adrienne37
(I think going underground may have had something to do with the $10,000 bounty on his head, and death threats out the wazoo, but maybe that's just me.)

He was out of sight a long time before the bounty was issued.

~jmo~

uvamerica
I guess the big question now is where in the world is George?

frenchvixen
No kidding. I can't trust anything after that verdict!

I have been repeating all day, "I will not be disappointed.. I will not be disappointed..."" After the CA verdict nothing surprises me anymore.

Now, are we going to have an OJ situation on our hands this afternoon?

Isabelle
04-11-2012, 02:43 PM
Trayvon Martin's parents - such elegance and class. Trayvon would be proud!

raeann
04-11-2012, 02:44 PM
CNN/HLN just reporting he may have already been charged...who has that link on the booking open??

mercuriod
04-11-2012, 02:44 PM

Or road kill raccoon will do just as good. :floorlaugh:

csziggy
04-11-2012, 02:45 PM

Kerry Sanders on MSNBC said that Florida Department of Law Enforcement was calm on the question of where GZ is. FDLE will probably be the ones to take him into custody and the impression Sanders gave is that they never lost track of GZ.

No link - live TV about 10-15 minutes ago on MSNBC.

HiHater
George Zimmerman to be CHARGED!!!!! Per HLN

I guess I'm tardy to the party, but I'm still excited! :)

redkatrampant
CNN/HLN just reporting he may have already been charged...who has that link on the booking open??

nothing yet

vlpate
If you have heard George Zimmerman Whine, Cry, or recite the 23 psalm, then I will alert the media, because you have heard more from him than his own Attorneys have....Never said GZ was whinning, but instead I was stating that if you are not willing to taketheblood test to prove that you are not under the influence then it is ridiculous to be surprised and upset if people speculate about you being under the influence....and my position hasn't changed on that.

I missed the presser, was this mentioned or the statement that Trayvon was drug tested while laying on the ground?

Also, someone stated the police told Tracy Martin Zimmerman would not be arrested - was this during the presser as well? If so, were they talking initially or now?

Sorry, they are only showing moments from the presser. TIA

Isabelle
04-11-2012, 02:46 PM
Bless Trayvon's parents!! While they were giving that press conference, they had no idea all this news was being reported... I am crying for them right now! I know they have to be so relieved and so... I don't know?? My heart is just with them right now!

These news stations better be right too!

MOO

Am also on the verge of crying for them. Unfortunately the medication I take for depression makes it very difficult to cry.

Desdemona

~jmo~Sorry, I deleted that post, as I did not intend to submit it!

LolaMoon08
I have been repeating all day, "I will not be disappointed.. I will not be disappointed..."" After the CA verdict nothing surprises me anymore.

Now, are we going to have an OJ situation on our hands this afternoon?

Is GZ's truck a Bronco?

redkatrampant
04-11-2012, 02:47 PM
Quick! GZ's Date of Birth!

csziggy
Trayvon Martin's parents - such elegance and class. Trayvon would be proud!

You know, it's the class and grace with which these people have handled this entire situation that makes me believe that Trayvon would not have been the aggressor.

JMHO

LolaMoon08
Am also on the verge of crying for them. Unfortunately the medication I take for depression makes it very difficult to cry.

I need some of what you take!!

vlpate

I think she's talking about one lawyer's opinion. I thought that too and then she said it again. I don't think HLN is going to get the news before the SA makes her announcement.

ETA: watching CNN now and the banner says a Sr. LE officer source: Zimmerman to be charged.

LolaMoon08
04-11-2012, 02:48 PM
I missed the presser, was this mentioned or the statement that Trayvon was drug tested while laying on the ground?

Also, someone stated the police told Tracy Martin Zimmerman would not be arrested - was this during the presser as well? If so, were they talking initially or now?

Sorry, they are only showing moments from the presser. TIA

Initially! He said SPD said they weren't going to charge him.

redkatrampant

My dosage was upped because I was having some issues and now I just want to sleep but I cant.

csziggy
Is GZ's truck a Bronco?

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Thanks - I needed that!

Aedrys
I want to be excited, but I just can't be. I'll wait until they said he's been charged and arrested. Then I'll be excited!!!!

LiveLaughLuv
04-11-2012, 02:49 PM

According to MSNBC (Kerry Sanders), FDLE knows where GZ is and they are not worried...I am so happy that the wheels of justice for Trayvon and his family are in motion....anyone with a brain would know this was going to happen due to his calls to 911...now I want to know if it's elevated to a hate crime due to that alleged racial slur....I think it will be..

csziggy
04-11-2012, 02:49 PM
quick! Gz's date of birth!
10/05/1983

What'sThatClue
04-11-2012, 02:50 PM
It kind of sounds like the prosecutors are confident that they will have him in custody shortly (if not already) since they barricaded the new inmate area.

Although there is a part of me that wonders if the reason GZ stopped answering his lawyers' calls wasn't that he wanted to go underground and figured that charges would be coming up shortly and that LE could trace him by the pings if they've got a warrant for that.

May I ask where you heard the new inmate area is now barricaded? I'm just wondering. TIA

redkatrampant
04-11-2012, 02:51 PM
May I ask where you heard the new inmate area is now barricaded? I'm just wondering. TIA

http://www.wesh.com/trayvon-martin-extended-coverage/30874316/detail.html

songline
04-11-2012, 02:51 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/04/11/attorneys-for-george-zimmerman-whos-at-center-trayvon-martin-shooting-case-say/

DEVELOPING: (Newscore)- Florida special prosecutor Angela Corey will announce that she is charging George Zimmerman in the shooting death of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin, The Washington Post reported Wednesday, citing a law enforcement official close to the investigation.

It is unclear what charges he will face.
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/04/11/attorneys-for-george-zimmerman-whos-at-center-trayvon-martin-shooting-case-say/#ixzz1rl3H90pu

I said several times that it will more then likely be negligent homicide, maybe manslaughter.
Not murder of any kind. MOO

I have always said if you think you must shoot you don’t have to kill,
you can shoot a leg or a shoulder.

LynnM
04-11-2012, 02:52 PM
On MSNC they are reading an email from Angela Corey which says there will be a news conference at 6 PM.

csziggy
04-11-2012, 02:53 PM
Kerry Sanders reading email from Angela Corey:
(too small to read on blackberry)

Tamron Hall reading from computer screen: nothing

Kerry Sanders again - AC releasing new information news conference in Jax at 6 PM, technical info for news media.

NOTHING about arrest or charges in this email.

LolaMoon08
I'll be happy with a manslaughter charge. I also hope that everyone stays calm and let's them bring in Zimmerman peacefully! There doesn't need to be a big crowd of people. Just let him be arrested like Trayvon's parents want.

LambChop
I said early on and I still think:
Maybe negligent homicide, maybe manslaughter.
Not murder of any kind. MOO

I have always said if you think you must shoot you don’t have to kill,
you can shoot a leg or a shoulder.

It's aggravated manslaughter if the victim is under the age of 18. jmo

LiveLaughLuv
04-11-2012, 02:54 PM
Benjamin Crump, the attorney for Martin's parents, urged people to "remain peaceful" after the expected announcement.

uvamerica
04-11-2012, 02:54 PM

LOL ! I had out patient surgery this morning, I tried rushing my Dr. through it because I thought I'd miss something ! I couldn't wait to get home ! Thank God he gave me pain killers :floorlaugh:

Donjeta
04-11-2012, 02:55 PM

It was in this thread somewhere, or the other one downstairs.
Not sure which link was here earlier but here's one:

Authorities in Sanford, Fla. — where Zimmerman, 28, a neighborhood watch volunteer, shot Martin, 17, on Feb. 26 — also began preparing for an announcement from Corey, NBC station WESH of Orlando reported. Seminole County sheriff's deputies spent Wednesday morning setting up barricades along the booking area for new inmates at the county jail.
http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/04/11/11144255-nbc-george-zimmerman-to-be-charged-in-trayvon-martin-case

LolaMoon08
04-11-2012, 02:56 PM
Wow!! So when will we get the first Doc. Dump?? I'm seriously jonzing for those original statements!

ThoughtFox
04-11-2012, 02:56 PM
So did Scott Petersen

Ha! Yes, and Scott Peterson was an "ex-Eagle Scout" - we heard that every day. They even found witnesses who said he helped little old ladies across the street. And yet . . . he murdered his pregnant wife and threw her into San Francisco Bay. So much for a squeaky clean record.

LambChop
04-11-2012, 02:58 PM
Any word from GZ's ex-attorneys, Batman and Robin??????

LiveLaughLuv
04-11-2012, 02:59 PM
Wow!! So when will we get the first Doc. Dump?? I'm seriously jonzing for those original statements!

:giggle: Lola, we're not there yet...Lets hear the charges first....LOL

songline

~jmo~
He went underground the second AS showd up.

on a different note:
I would not be too surprised if he is wondering around the streets like an Alzheimer patient,
I have heard that before, with a blow to the head.

raeann
I'll be happy with a manslaughter charge. I also hope that everyone stays calm and let's them bring in Zimmerman peacefully! There doesn't need to be a big crowd of people. Just let him be arrested like Trayvon's parents want.

I'm betting he's already in somewhere being processed. It just doesn't make sense that this prosecutor would allow losing control of the situation with a big crowd of onlookers and media trying to rush in for video and photos. She just seems far too patient and in control than to risk that kind of a scene.

jmo, moo, etc.

LolaMoon08
I hope that people do realize that GZ will most likely get bond? He won't be in jail for the whole time waiting for trial. The only way he won't get bond is if he is charged with 1st degree murder (won't happen) or he is deemed a flight risk... IMO

Aedrys
04-11-2012, 03:00 PM

I'd say they're more like Barnum and Bailey, lol. Wow are they awfully quiet now!

Isabelle
04-11-2012, 03:00 PM

LOL, we been spoilt!

LiveLaughLuv
04-11-2012, 03:01 PM
It's aggravated manslaughter if the victim is under the age of 18. jmo

and could be elevated if they believe it was a hate crime...Oh boy, I believe GZ is in for a big shock...well worth the wait...

raeann
He went underground the second AS showd up.

on a different note:I would not be too surprised if he is wondering around the streets like an Alzheimer patient,
I have heard that before, with a blow to the head.

LOL....visual here of him doing that while creating his website and fund raising pay pal on his i pad!!!!!

What'sThatClue
It was in this thread somewhere, or the other one downstairs.
Not sure which link was here earlier but here's one:

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/04/11/11144255-nbc-george-zimmerman-to-be-charged-in-trayvon-martin-case

TYVM. :) I'm assuming that if they're barricading the new inmate intake area that they expect to have him in custody today...or, soon. :)

LolaMoon08
:giggle: Lola, we're not there yet...Lets hear the charges first....LOL

What? What do you mean?? I want the first Doc. Dump tomorrow! At least by Friday! :floorlaugh:

I know. I know. Patience! :blushing:

legalmania
CNN reporting that a Sr. Officer told them moments ago that Zimmerman will be charged.

Aedrys
04-11-2012, 03:02 PM
I hope that people do realize that GZ will most likely get bond? He won't be in jail for the whole time waiting for trial. The only way he won't get bond is if he is charged with 1st degree murder (won't happen) or he is deemed a flight risk... IMO

I would at the very least think they would consider him a flight risk unless his legal advisors were lying yesterday and he never left the state.

tehcloser

I won't be surprised if he's not arrested and bonded out before her presser.....that's fine. He will be CHARGED.

LiveLaughLuv

I'm just glad his weapon will now be confiscated and hopefully along with the CWP...:woohoo:

BetteDavisEyes
Zimmerman To Be Charged In Trayvon Shooting Wednesday Afternoon

April 11, 2012 2:40 PM

MIAMI (CBSMiami) – CBS News has confirmed that charges against George Zimmerman will be filed Wednesday afternoon in the shooting death of Trayvon Martin...

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2012/04/11/report-zimmerman-to-be-charged-in-trayvon-shooting-wednesday-afternoon/

cityslick

I've thought about that too. He'll get arrested, charged and perhaps given bond. If he makes bond, then what? This case is out of the news cycle for awhile until the some docs show up.

legalmania
04-11-2012, 03:03 PM
Zimmerman To Be Charged In Trayvon Shooting Wednesday Afternoon

April 11, 2012 2:40 PM

MIAMI (CBSMiami) – CBS News has confirmed that charges against George Zimmerman will be filed Wednesday afternoon in the shooting death of Trayvon Martin...

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2012/04/11/report-zimmerman-to-be-charged-in-trayvon-shooting-wednesday-afternoon/

CNN is reporting the same.

cityslick
04-11-2012, 03:04 PM
I would at the very least think they would consider him a flight risk unless his legal advisors were lying yesterday and he never left the state.

I think he was already getting ready to be processed by the time that presser happened. I think it's the lawyers that were out of the loop, not everyone else.

suzihawk
I am impressed with the strength and resolve of both of Trayvon's parents. Since this case began, I have been driven by one thought. What if this had been MY son?

I have asked myself what would I do, where would I turn, and I know that I do not posess the resolve of Tracy Martin to rise above the base instincts of emotion. Where Tracy Martin has conducted himself in the light, I know myself well enough to know that I would remain in the darkness, constantly searching until I had found the one who had taken my soul.

I hope Trayvon's parents can find peace.

This post made me cry, Papa. Having been there, you described it perfectly. I pray for continued strength for the Martin family.

QueenD
Gosh this is scarey. I have tried to remain equal untill all evidence has come out. But if the "wrong" annoucement is made it could be bad. I am in Jax and I work not very far from downtown where Corey's office is. What scares me most is the area I work is prodominetly black and high crime area. I am afraid of riots and racial tension happening.

And I need to go see my nephew who is the hospital in the same area after work.

Some of the local news from here.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/Report-Zimmerman-to-be-charged-in-Trayvon-shooting-death/-/475880/10534442/-/boe6fe/-/index.html

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/breaking/article/252141/17/NBC-News-George-Zimmerman-To-Be-Charged

Gin

His wacky ways with his attorneys (are they is advisors, soothsayers, phone-a-friends...I can't keep up with what he thinks they are...)
will probably insure his bond will be much higher than it might have been.

waltzingmatilda
04-11-2012, 03:05 PM

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

vlpate
04-11-2012, 03:05 PM
I don't know how AC's statment that she will be "updating information on the case" equates to an announcement of charges. If there are charges, she will find out who this Sr. Law enforcement source is. Then again, it could be that one of News Core hackers got the information illegally, in which case, I believe them lol.

Phoenixfla
04-11-2012, 03:06 PM
Just had a thought. Yesterday his atty mentioned that he was working pro-bono until an indictment. Perhaps GZ found another atty that will handle the who case pro-bono, therefore no need for the original two attys?

Did Baez represent CA pro bono?

QueenD

If they do a gag order we want. Will we?

legalmania
Wonder who Zimmerman is going to get as an attorney?

HiHater

I had different names in mind for them, but Batman and Robin sounds good too! ;)

BetteDavisEyes
Fired Pontiac, MI teacher, Brooke Harris, coming up on HLN.

cityslick
[Updated at 2:51 p.m. ET] The office of special prosecutor Angela Corey, who is investigating the Trayvon Martin shooting case, said that charges against George Zimmerman have not been filed. The office would not confirm whether the office planned to charge him, according to HLN's Josey Crews.

Earlier, CNN reported that Corey is expected to announce a decision Wednesday regarding whether she will file charges against Zimmerman, and a senior law enforcement source familiar with the Martin death investigation said that Zimmerman would be charged.

suzihawk
04-11-2012, 03:07 PM
George Zimmerman will be charged. Those charges will be announced later today. http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/george-zimmerman-to-be-charged-in-trayvon-martin-shooting-law-enforcement-official-says/2012/04/11/gIQAHJ5oAT_story.html

BRING IT!! :rocker:

Gin
Gosh this is scarey. I have tried to remain equal untill all evidence has come out. But if the "wrong" annoucement is made it could be bad. I am in Jax and I work not very far from downtown where Corey's office is. What scares me most is the area I work is prodominetly black and high crime area. I am afraid of riots and racial tension happening.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/Report-Zimmerman-to-be-charged-in-Trayvon-shooting-death/-/475880/10534442/-/boe6fe/-/index.html

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/breaking/article/252141/17/NBC-News-George-Zimmerman-To-Be-Charged

JMO, I don't think you have any reason to worry that GZ will not be charged.

tehcloser

There is no wayyyyyyyy they will put a gag order on this case.......no way!

w1df10wr
04-11-2012, 03:08 PM

I thought someone at the press conference did consider GZ to be a flight risk if his legal advisors didn't know where he was?

Donjeta
Wonder if he's getting donations for bail money in his Paypal account.

What'sThatClue
[Updated at 2:51 p.m. ET] The office of special prosecutor Angela Corey, who is investigating the Trayvon Martin shooting case, said that charges against George Zimmerman have not been filed. The office would not confirm whether the office planned to charge him, according to HLN's Josey Crews.

Earlier, CNN reported that Corey is expected to announce a decision Wednesday regarding whether she will file charges against Zimmerman, and a senior law enforcement source familiar with the Martin death investigation said that Zimmerman would be charged.

Are they retracting? :waitasec:

LolaMoon08
04-11-2012, 03:09 PM
I've thought about that too. He'll get arrested, charged and perhaps given bond. If he makes bond, then what? This case is out of the news cycle for awhile until the some docs show up.

He'll get out on bond and go back into hiding, imo. Then we have to wait. Hopefully his lawyer won't talk him into giving up his right to a speedy trial or we could be here for years and years waiting for this case to be resolved.

What is happening now is what she have happened 44 days ago. He is going to be arrested and charged and then it will be decided how it is supposed to be decided. That is all Trayvon's family wanted and frankly it is what Trayvon deserves and what everyone deserves when things like this happen.

This case warranted charges that night. If Trayvon's family had not taken it to this to the level it needed to be taken... charges would have never been filed. Trayvon's parents did what any parent would do when they know their child's death was not warranted.

Now... I do hope things calm down. I hope that Trayvon's parents can really start to grieve the loss of their son and not have to hear all the trash they have had to listen to.

This case has never been about gun rights... it's about human rights.

Donjeta
04-11-2012, 03:10 PM
I thought someone at the press conference did consider GZ to be a flight risk if his legal advisors didn't know where he was?

But then he is kinda covered since he said they're not his attorneys...?
I wouldn't think anybody is under any obligation to report his whereabouts to any random attorneys who are not representing him.

legalmania
04-11-2012, 03:10 PM

She is supposed to announce it at 6:00 est. But why are some the news stations announcing he will be charged, hope they' re not getting it wrong.

JeannaT
04-11-2012, 03:11 PM
Are they retracting? :waitasec:

I don't think they're retracting - the source was always some one unnamed, published in the Washington post. Then every other news media started quoting that original breaking news.

Corey has never said they're filing charges, some leak said it - but it could still very well be true.

csziggy
I'm betting he's already in somewhere being processed. It just doesn't make sense that this prosecutor would allow losing control of the situation with a big crowd of onlookers and media trying to rush in for video and photos. She just seems far too patient and in control than to risk that kind of a scene.

jmo, moo, etc.
It's interesting that the Special Prosecutor's press conference will be in Jacksonville. Last night with the discussion about what GZ's ex-attorneys said, I wondered if GZ might be somewhere in Georgia or up the east coast.

If GZ turns (has turned?) himself in at some facility in Jacksonville, that would be good - get the hoopla OUT of Sanford and let the situation defuse there.

I just hope everyone remains calm - as Sabryna Fulton and Tracy Martin family have asked. :please:

Phoenixfla

I dont disagree, but why do you say that?

LolaMoon08

I don't think a gag order would trump the Sunshine Laws? It would just keep the lawyers/witnesses from talking publicly about what is released? We need a lawyer to answer that one?

JeannaT
04-11-2012, 03:12 PM
She is supposed to announce it at 6:00 est. But why are some the news stations announcing he will be charged, hope they' re not getting it wrong.

I think that's exactly it. They're publishing, based on NBC and the Washington Post, and they're hoping they've gotten it right.

Probably they have, actually, but I don't think Walter Chronkite would have published this yet.

cityslick

Actually, as divisive as this case is, I wouldn't put it out of the realm of possibility.

csziggy

A reasonable person in his situation might prefer to stay in custody for his own safety. I have my doubts about GZ being a reasonable person, though.

JMHO

mercuriod
LOL ! I had out patient surgery this morning, I tried rushing my Dr. through it because I thought I'd miss something ! I couldn't wait to get home ! Thank God he gave me pain killers :floorlaugh:

Hope you are OK, and thankfully you made it home in time for the 5-6 press conference.

:getwell:

suzihawk
I just don't think I can bear it if there is not justice for Trayvon, his parents, his big brother, and his little soon-to-be brother.

What a difference in this PC and the lawyers for GZ yesterday afternoon! What grace and resolve!

My heart breaks for the parents.

Wait... who's pregnant??

Phoenixfla
04-11-2012, 03:13 PM
If GZ turns (has turned?) himself in at some facility in Jacksonville, that would be good - get the hoopla OUT of Sanford and let the situation defuse there.

That would be best no doubt, but why the baracades in the Sandord Jail?

tehcloser
04-11-2012, 03:13 PM
I dont disagree, but why do you say that?

To me it's a no brainer.......they sure don't want to look like anything is being kept quite. There's been enough of that already!

Aedrys
04-11-2012, 03:15 PM
He'll get out on bond and go back into hiding, imo. Then we have to wait. Hopefully his lawyer won't talk him into giving up his right to a speedy trial or we could be here for years and years waiting for this case to be resolved.

What is happening now is what she have happened 44 days ago. He is going to be arrested and charged and then it will be decided how it is supposed to be decided. That is all Trayvon's family wanted and frankly it is what Trayvon deserves and what everyone deserves when things like this happen.

This case warranted charges that night. If Trayvon's family had not taken it to this to the level it needed to be taken... charges would have never been filed. Trayvon's parents did what any parent would do when they know their child's death was not warranted.

Now... I do hope things calm down. I hope that Trayvon's parents can really start to grieve the loss of their son and not have to hear all the trash they have had to listen to.

This case has never been about gun rights... it's about human rights.

I just hope and pray he doesn't become another Casey Anthony and get special treatment like she continues to get. I will spit nails if that happens!

LolaMoon08
04-11-2012, 03:15 PM
I wouldn't mind a gag order as long as it didn't interfere with my Doc. Dumps!

Phoenixfla
04-11-2012, 03:16 PM
To me it's a no brainer.......they sure don't want to look like anything is being kept quite. There's been enough of that already!

SP seems to play cards very close though. That would lead me to be lieve she may request a gag order, but unlikely.

suzihawk
BREAKING NEWS....

I'm nearly as anxious as I was right before that other vedict came in.

LolaMoon08
I just hope and pray he doesn't become another Casey Anthony and get special treatment like she continues to get. I will spit nails if that happens!

IF he doesn't get bond, which I think he will get bond, he will not be put in General Population.

BetteDavisEyes
04-11-2012, 03:17 PM
I don't think anyone is retracting what's been reported. I think AC wants to clear up the notion that charges have already been filed amid speculation to that effect. :moo:

Gin
04-11-2012, 03:17 PM
That would be best no doubt, but why the baracades in the Sandord Jail?

Maybe the police were bored today, and decided to reenact the barricade scene from Les Miserables.:lol:

Concerned Papa
04-11-2012, 03:18 PM
Wonder if he's getting donations for bail money in his Paypal account.

You know something Donjeta, a few days ago I would probably have answered yes there's lots of people who will support him. I'm certain there will still be, but....

I have looked at the specifics of this case with a microscope for many, many hours. I think there is much we haven't learned yet, and much that will come out that will even change some of his supporter's minds about Mr. Zimmerman.

Very little would surprise me, but let's simply say I am very very anxious to finally know the specifics of two things, the body location, and the direction/trajectory of the bullet.

legalmania
I think that's exactly it. They're publishing, based on NBC and the Washington Post, and they're hoping they've gotten it right.

Probably they have, actually, but I don't think Walter Chronkite would have published this yet.

They did say they would give the media a three hour notice but Walter Chronkite must have gotten a jump on the story.

csziggy
Wait... who's pregnant??

I think they mean the son of Brandy (forgot her last name - that is engaged to Tracy Martin) that was Trayvon's soon to be step brother.

LolaMoon08
04-11-2012, 03:19 PM
Now I really want to know why George Zimmerman called the SA himself? What could he have possibly wanted to say to the SA?

JeannaT
04-11-2012, 03:19 PM
They did say they would give the media a three hour notice but Walter Chronkite must have gotten a jump on the story.

Walter Chronkite is dead.

i.b.nora
04-11-2012, 03:21 PM
CNN has most recently said (paraphrased) 'that their senior law enforcement source has said that George will be criminally charged if he hasn't been charged already'.

JennyMominRI
04-11-2012, 03:22 PM

So is Generaliismo Francisco Franco

Sorry, could not resist

LolaMoon08
04-11-2012, 03:22 PM
Does anyone have any live links? Like anything being set up? Helicopters?

LambChop
04-11-2012, 03:23 PM

That could be why we haven't heard from him.... jmo

annalia
04-11-2012, 03:24 PM
So is Generaliismo Francisco Franco

Sorry, could not resist

Thanks for that chuckle. :floorlaugh:

annalia
04-11-2012, 03:26 PM
I don't know, with so many crazy things that we've seen happen in the past with cases, I'm just not real comfortable until we actually hear the words come out of AC's mouth.

JMHO

suzihawk
04-11-2012, 03:27 PM

I'm in Jacksonville, too. It could get... interesting.

ThoughtFox
04-11-2012, 03:27 PM
Eric Holder talking about the Federal Case today on CSpan:

Attorney General Eric Holder comments on Trayvon Martin Investigation - YouTube

Dr.Fessel
04-11-2012, 03:28 PM
Walter Chronkite is dead. Dang. RIP Walter Chronkite.

Dr.Fessel
04-11-2012, 03:31 PM
I am not seeing this about Walter Chronkite on twitter.

Emma Peel
04-11-2012, 03:33 PM

probably b/c he's dead?

QueenD
04-11-2012, 03:33 PM
Does anyone have any live links? Like anything being set up? Helicopters?

There were helicopters flying around here earlier which is usually normal. But after hearing this annocement we were wondering if it was news or police or other.

Normally it is police or life flight.

I seen on this website which is local they will have a live feed

http://jacksonville.com/opinion/blog/403455/adam-kealoha-causey/2012-04-11/report-george-zimmerman-will-be-charged-trayvon

JennyMominRI
04-11-2012, 03:34 PM
All is quiet in East Orlando so far

Steft50
04-11-2012, 03:35 PM
GZ will be charged!! CNN is quoting the Washington Post. I'm waiting for the perp walk.

I'm sorta at the point where I will only believe it when I see/hear it will.

LolaMoon08
04-11-2012, 03:37 PM
I don't even care to see GZ actually being brought in... I just want the words "He has been charged with (insert charges here) and he is now in custody."

BetteDavisEyes
Official: Charges coming in Trayvon Martin death
By KYLE HIGHTOWER and BRENDAN FARRINGTON, AP
30 minutes ago

SANFORD, Fla. — George Zimmerman, the neighborhood watch volunteer who fatally shot unarmed black teenager Trayvon Martin in Florida, will be charged in the 17-year-old's death, a law enforcement official said Wednesday.

Special prosecutor Angela Corey will announce charges against the 28-year-old Zimmerman at a 6 p.m. Wednesday news conference, the official with knowledge of the investigation told The Associated Press. Corey confirmed that an announcement on the case would be made in Jacksonville but didn't elaborate. The person said Zimmerman's arrest is also expected soon...

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/news-general/20120410/US.Neighborhood.Watch/

Dr.Fessel
Frances Robles ‏ @RoblesHerald

Retweet
Favorite
· Open

Source telling Miami Herald that there will be just one criminal charge filed.

https://twitter.com/?tw_e=screenname&tw_i=190153508933218304&tw_p=tweetembed#!/RoblesHerald

QueenD
04-11-2012, 03:38 PM
The official didn't know the charge and spoke on condition of anonymity because he wasn't authorized to release the information. The official said that authorities know where Zimmerman is.

from

This news story was updated @ 3:32.

legalmania
04-11-2012, 03:39 PM
Thanks for that chuckle. :floorlaugh:

That is how he gets the jump on stories.

nursebeeme
04-11-2012, 03:39 PM

Walter (God rest his soul) died in 2009.

Emma Peel
04-11-2012, 03:40 PM
The official didn't know the charge and spoke on condition of anonymity because he wasn't authorized to release the information. The official said that authorities know where Zimmerman is.

from

This news story was updated @ 3:32.

BBM - I never doubted that for a moment. Some would argue that knowing where he was - was in the interest of keeping the peace.

The question is, why didn't his attorneys know where he is? :banghead:

legalmania
04-11-2012, 03:41 PM
Dang. RIP Walter Chronkite.

He died in 2009 so he's been resting for some time.

LolaMoon08
04-11-2012, 03:42 PM
BBM - I never doubted that for a moment. Some would argue that knowing where he was - was in the interest of keeping the peace.

I'm starting to think it was a ploy to make GZ seem crazy and may be he is incompetent to stand trial? Who knows! Those Ya-hoo's make no sense?

LambChop
04-11-2012, 03:42 PM
probably b/c he's dead?

He didn't get the email, Emma.

QueenD
04-11-2012, 03:44 PM

I think they were BS-ing for fear of someone doing something to them.
MOO

LolaMoon08
04-11-2012, 03:44 PM
Why do we have to wait until 6pm? I'm thinking they already have GZ and they are driving him in (maybe a couple hour drive)? And they want him to actually be arrested before announcing it?

Snick1946
04-11-2012, 03:45 PM
Was just looking at the story on Yahoo news and all the (for them) usual disgusting comments that followed. To hear a lot of these people talk, Treyvon was a hardened criminal and GZ was saint of the year., I don't think it was entirely the other way around but I think the apparent racial divide shaping up on this thing is scary.
Many people in the country live in their own little comfort zones. They have no idea how others live and do not want to know or be reminded. A young black teen was out wearing a hoodie that night and so he was shot. Guess they don't see the big deal. Frightening..

Donjeta
04-11-2012, 03:48 PM
I'm starting to think it was a ploy to make GZ seem crazy and may be he is incompetent to stand trial? Who knows! Those Ya-hoo's make no sense?

IMO incompetence to stand trial would require more than just some instances of apparently unreasonable or ill-advised behavior with regard to one's lawyers.

legalmania
04-11-2012, 03:50 PM
Why do we have to wait until 6pm? I'm thinking they already have GZ and they are driving him in (maybe a couple hour drive)? And they want him to actually be arrested before announcing it?

From what I understand they have to get a judge to agree or disagree with the charges. I don't know if they do this before or after the arrest. Either that or maybe they are giving Zimmerman time to turn himself in. Not sure.

LolaMoon08
04-11-2012, 03:52 PM
Was just looking at the story on Yahoo news and all the (for them) usual disgusting comments that followed. To hear a lot of these people talk, Treyvon was a hardened criminal and GZ was saint of the year., I don't think it was entirely the other way around but I think the apparent racial divide shaping up on this thing is scary.
Many people in the country live in their own little comfort zones. They have no idea how others live and do not want to know or be reminded. A young black teen was out wearing a hoodie that night and so he was shot. Guess they don't see the big deal. Frightening..

These kinds of cases always bring these people out from under their rocks. I personally would rather them be vocal and show us that they are still out there. Knowing is a lot better than not knowing? IMO.

LaMer
04-11-2012, 03:54 PM

BBM

You think Treyvon was shot because he was black and wore a hoodie?

What facts do we have? Who saw what and had been seen by who? Witnesses? I ask as I am confused!

annalia
I had the tv on in another room and caught a little of someone talking, don't know who it was, but they were discussing the charges and brought up the charge possibly being 2nd degree, with a lesser charge of manslaughter included.

That makes sense to me.

ETA: now someone was talking about the fact that Trayvon was only 17 makes it first degree anyway.

I really need a tv in the same room where I'm working lol.

JMHO

codecracker
From what I understand they have to get a judge to agree or disagree with the charges. I don't know if they do this before or after the arrest. Either that or maybe they are giving Zimmerman time to turn himself in. Not sure.

the judge has to sign off on the charges or the warrant before they can arrest Zimmerman. Its really a formality.

ThoughtFox
04-11-2012, 03:55 PM
IMO incompetence to stand trial would require more than just some instances of apparently unreasonable or ill-advised behavior with regard to one's lawyers.

Yes, and running away is not the same thing as mental illness. :twocents:

QueenD
04-11-2012, 03:55 PM
Was just looking at the story on Yahoo news and all the (for them) usual disgusting comments that followed. To hear a lot of these people talk, Treyvon was a hardened criminal and GZ was saint of the year., I don't think it was entirely the other way around but I think the apparent racial divide shaping up on this thing is scary. Many people in the country live in their own little comfort zones. They have no idea how others live and do not want to know or be reminded. A young black teen was out wearing a hoodie that night and so he was shot. Guess they don't see the big deal. Frightening..

BRBM
This is what I amtalking about too. It's the racial thing that is scary. I am not raciest in any way but the way some people think.:gasp:

I just want justice period!

Lovejac
04-11-2012, 03:56 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/george-zimmerman-charged-trayvon-martin-death-reports-193845232.html

George Zimmerman expected to be charged in Trayvon Martin’s death

LolaMoon08
04-11-2012, 03:57 PM
Me thinks GZ threw a hissy fit because his lawyers couldn't get this to all just "blow over" and then he took it into his own hands, wanting to talk the SA into letting it all "blow over" and he's been pouting for a few days?

Weird that he talked to Frank though?

csziggy

They also have to give the MSM a chance to work themselves into a frenzy!
:hills::razz::hills::razz::hills:

JMO

Etilema

How would they have found him? I thought he was missing. Lawyers said to look far away from Florida for him. Did I miss something?

LambChop
04-11-2012, 03:59 PM

Actually I think GZ is quite rational when you listen to his attorneys no wonder he didn't return their calls. lol jmo

LolaMoon08
How would they have found him? I thought he was missing. Lawyers said to look far away from Florida for him. Did I miss something?

I guess LE has known where he was? It was just his own lawyers who didn't know where he was? :floorlaugh:

Gin
I had the tv on in another room and caught a little of someone talking, don't know who it was, but they were discussing the charges and brought up the charge possibly being 2nd degree, with a lesser charge of manslaughter included.

That makes sense to me.

ETA: now someone is talking about the fact that Trayvon was only 17 makes it first degree anyway.

JMHO

JMO/IMO etc
As I understand it, if charges are brought the fact that Trayvon was only 17 makes it possible to add aggravated to whatever they charge.
Murder one is off the table, no grand jury.

Phoenixfla
04-11-2012, 04:00 PM

I think he is and always was in Florida. The lawyers also said that he wanted to go to the SP's office. They were just trying to throw everyone off.

QueenD

That makes sense to me.

ETA: now someone was talking about the fact that Trayvon was only 17 makes it first degree anyway.

JMHO
I seen a tweet from Richard Hornsby alone the same line
He said Aggravated Manslaughter of a child (First Degree Felony)
due to Trayvon being under 18.

octobermoon
If GZ is charged and doesn't have an attrny, will they appoint one even if he doesn't request or want one? (hope that makes sense)

Storm
04-11-2012, 04:01 PM
BBM

You think Treyvon was shot because he was black and wore a hoodie?

What facts do we have? Who saw what and had been seen by who? Witnesses? I ask as I am confused!

We were told by GZ himself that he was following a black kid who looked
suspicious. We then know TM is dead and GZ admits shooting him..
what is there to understand? GZ got out of his truck to follow a black kid
walking home and as a result of GZ getting out of that truck with a gun, we have a dead teen. It's so obvious that GZ was in control of the entire situation and should be held responsible, IMO....^i^

LolaMoon08
04-11-2012, 04:03 PM
I'm a little mad at myself for getting rid of all my TV's except the one in the living room. :banghead: That's why I need a live link as soon as one is up. I don't want to go out in the living room.

RANCH
04-11-2012, 04:04 PM

Here's a link to the statute.

(3) A person who causes the death of any person under the age of 18 by culpable negligence under s. 827.03(3) commits aggravated manslaughter of a child, a felony of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=&URL=0700-0799/0782/Sections/0782.07.html

LolaMoon08
04-11-2012, 04:04 PM
I might have to actually watch Nancy tonight to see Frank T's reaction?

frenchvixen
04-11-2012, 04:05 PM

If this is true, then this is appropriate.

LolaMoon08
04-11-2012, 04:06 PM
Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock. Time is moving sooooo slow!!

suzihawk
04-11-2012, 04:07 PM
LOL at the Cronkite banter. You guys are cracking me up and a little levity is needed. Thanks!

uvamerica
04-11-2012, 04:08 PM
I am hoping LE video taped GZ when he reenacted the crime for them.
I wanna see what George came up with that LE would believe him and not charge him.
:moo:

Nova
04-11-2012, 04:08 PM
If GZ is charged and doesn't have an attrny, will they appoint one even if he doesn't request or want one? (hope that makes sense)

Yes. Unless GZ can convince a judge to let him represent himself. But even then, a judge will often appoint a public defender to serve as an adviser.

annalia
04-11-2012, 04:09 PM
I might have to actually watch Nancy tonight to see Frank T's reaction?

Oh no, have they said he's going to be on again? :what:

octobermoon
04-11-2012, 04:10 PM
Yes. Unless GZ can convince a judge to let him represent himself. But even then, a judge will often appoint a public defender to serve as an adviser.

Thank you Nova. :)

Donjeta
04-11-2012, 04:11 PM
jvm quote (old news but I agree)

KAY FOX, TV PERSONALITY: You would think that. But now it feels like they`re insulting our intelligence. And let me just say this, Jane. We`ve got to talk about this Web site that he put up, because this thing is absolutely appalling to me, and it frustrates me so much. Because when you actually read George Zimmerman`s statement, he shows no remorse.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: We`ll show that Web site while you talk.

FOX: This is absolutely absurd. He`s taking donations to help with his legal fees. And when you read his statement, he`s not even talking about him taking a young man`s life. He`s talking about him being inconvenienced. How dare he? Because he has to move and what happened with him. What about this young man`s life that`s never going to live another day? What about that?
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1204/10/ijvm.01.html

LaMer
04-11-2012, 04:13 PM
We were told by GZ himself that he was following a black kid who looked
suspicious. We then know TM is dead and GZ admits shooting him..
what is there to understand? GZ got out of his truck to follow a black kid
walking home and as a result of GZ getting out of that truck with a gun, we have a dead teen. It's so obvious that GZ was in control of the entire situation and should be held responsible, IMO....^i^

Any witnesses? Did I hear or read, where GZ had been walking back to his truck at some point and had been approached in some manner by TM?

ohiogirl
04-11-2012, 04:14 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/rabbi-shmuley-boteach/sybrina-fulton-trayvon-martin_b_1409832.html

I have no time for anger. I don't want to grant it a place in my heart. I simply want justice. I don't hate him and I'm not angry at him. But my son died and we deserve to know what happened. It's not for the police to determine justice. It's for the courts. And we'll stand by what the court says. But that's what I'm focused on. We want an arrest. But it's not out of anger or hatred. I have too much to do to be sidetracked with any of that. But when your son dies and there isn't even an arrest, it makes it so much harder.

This statement by TM's mother was posted earlier. I just hope all of us will read this a number of times a day and remember that she has gone through a lot more than most of us here.
Let the courts sort this out, imo.

LaLaw2000
Wait... who's pregnant??

Sorry! Just now catching up and seeing your post. I was talking about Trayvon's Dad's girlfriend's 13 year old son. Clear as mud?? That was who Trayvon was getting the skittles for, IIRC.

Sorry to have scared you and sorry I wasn't more clear!!

Sensei
Oh no, have they said he's going to be on again? :what:

I believe that I have seen enough of F Taafe's loud arrogant A$$ to last me a lifetime, and I bet when he has been shown to be wrong, he will not have the intelligence and decency to just fade away, oh no, I am willing to bet that he WILL be proven wrong on a number of different points and that he will continue to twist and spin and justify and deny, because he likes the spotlight just waaay to much IMO, JMHO and stuff

Emma Peel
04-11-2012, 04:15 PM

either that or give 'em a few beers and they'll start donating to the new website.

Storm
04-11-2012, 04:16 PM
Any witnesses? Did I hear or read, where GZ had been walking back to his truck at some point and had been approached in some manner by TM?

Oh yeah..we've heard a lot of theories...what we can't or
don't know, is information obtained during the investigation
and obviously why there are being charges being filed...^i^

Kimster
04-11-2012, 04:18 PM
THIRD REMINDER:

Please keep the chit chat in the private forum. :tyou:

This thread is for discussing the case and letting everyone know about breaking news.

This post lands at random.

Smelly Squirrel
04-11-2012, 04:19 PM
Has anyone posted a timeline of that night? I just heard CNN going over the phone calls, and it does appear the shooting happened very quickly after GZ's 911 call. He hung up at 7:15pm. TZ's call ends at 7:16pm. The shooting can be heard on the phone at around 7:16.

Is this correct?

Sorry if this has been covered to death already. :)

Dr. Know?
04-11-2012, 04:21 PM
Amazing, the UK has pictures from the jail. The tweets I'm reading are worldwide. One Texas news outlet said the LE knows where GZ is.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/apr/11/george-zimmerman-charged-with-trayvon-martin-death

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2012/4/11/1334170942509/Trayvon-jail-preparation-007.jpg

A Seminole County Sheriff officer places barriers at the Seminole County Jail. Photograph: Joe Raedle/Getty Images

tlcya
04-11-2012, 04:21 PM
http://abcnews.go.com/US/george-zimmerman-charged-trayvon-martin-killing/story?id=16115469

The decision by Florida special prosecutor Angela Corey is expected to be announced at a 6 p.m. news conference in Jacksonville, Fla.

The prosecutor's ruling is certain to provoke controversy in Sanford, Fla., where shooting took place and across the country.

tlcya
04-11-2012, 04:22 PM
His lawyers said that Zimmerman was no longer in Florida and ABC News has learned that prosecutors do not know his exact location.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/george-zimmerman-charged-trayvon-martin-killing/story?id=16115469#.T4XnWFFukRM

Sensei
04-11-2012, 04:22 PM
Has anyone posted a timeline of that night? I just heard CNN going over the phone calls, and it does appear the shooting happened very quickly after GZ's 911 call. He hung up at 7:15pm. TZ's call ends at 7:16pm. The shooting can be heard on the phone at around 7:16.

Is this correct?

Sorry if this has been covered to death already. :)

That about covers it, about 6 minutes from the beginning of the 911 call to the time that the shot is heard on another 911 call.

Adrienne37
04-11-2012, 04:23 PM
Oh my word, is 6 p.m. ever going to get here?

Phoenixfla
04-11-2012, 04:24 PM
Amazing, the UK has pictures from the jail. The tweets I'm reading are worldwide. One Texas news outlet said the LE knows where GZ is.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/apr/11/george-zimmerman-charged-with-trayvon-martin-death

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2012/4/11/1334170942509/Trayvon-jail-preparation-007.jpg

A Seminole County Sheriff officer places barriers at the Seminole County Jail. Photograph: Joe Raedle/Getty Images

Must be because they are 6 hours ahead of us. They probably already know the charges! :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

LolaMoon08
04-11-2012, 04:24 PM
http://abcnews.go.com/US/george-zimmerman-charged-trayvon-martin-killing/story?id=16115469

The decision by Florida special prosecutor Angela Corey is expected to be announced at a 6 p.m. news conference in Jacksonville, Fla.

The prosecutor's ruling is certain to provoke controversy in Sanford, Fla., where shooting took place and across the country.

BBM This is what worries me? Why would there be controversy if Zimmerman is arrested?

LolaMoon08
04-11-2012, 04:25 PM
His lawyers said that Zimmerman was no longer in Florida and ABC News has learned that prosecutors do not know his exact location.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/george-zimmerman-charged-trayvon-martin-killing/story?id=16115469#.T4XnWFFukRM

GREAT! :banghead:

This better not be true!

Smelly Squirrel
04-11-2012, 04:25 PM
That about covers it, about 6 minutes from the beginning of the 911 call to the time that the shot is heard on another 911 call.

If so, that doesn't look good for Z. Though I guess they will still try to argue someone can fear for their life or bodily harm that fast. He will probably need to show the screaming is from him.

gitana1
04-11-2012, 04:27 PM
Yes. They will appoint someone to just sit with him in case he said he didn't want one, in case he changes his mind.

Phoenixfla
04-11-2012, 04:27 PM
BBM This is what worries me? Why would there be controversy if Zimmerman is arrested?

Because not everyone thinks he should be arrested based on the available evidence.

nursebeeme
04-11-2012, 04:28 PM
new thread: 17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #22 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community doors closing here shortly and I don't want anyone to get their fingers smashed in the door :-)

Smelly Squirrel
04-11-2012, 04:29 PM
The last thread closed before I could respond but the drug screen on TM's body at autopsy were negative for drugs and alcohol. So even if he smoked pot before, he hadn't done it in at least 3 weeks or so. It takes about 30 days for traces of pot to clear out of your system, less if you don't smoke much..

What's your source for the drug test results? Or anyone else have it?

Sensei
04-11-2012, 04:29 PM
If so, that doesn't look good for Z. Though I guess they will still try to argue someone can fear for their life or bodily harm that fast. He will probably need to show the screaming is from him.

We already have two prominent audio experts who have said that the screaming was NOT Zimmerman, they did not say it WAS Trayvon because they did not have an exemplar of his voice at that time, but they said that it was not GZ.

Gin
04-11-2012, 04:31 PM
Yes. They will appoint someone to just sit with him in case he said he didn't want one, in case he changes.

JMO, I think I would feel kinda sorry for someone who was court appointed to do nothing but be GZ's personal babysitter.

LolaMoon08
Because not everyone thinks he should be arrested based on the available evidence.

My reply to those people would be the SA has seen all the evidence... we haven't. If she feels charges should be brought forward, she must have the evidence to back that up. People need to respect the system... a system that was not respected the night Trayvon was shot and killed.

MOO

Smelly Squirrel
We already have two prominent audio experts who have said that the screaming was NOT Zimmerman, they did not say it WAS Trayvon because they did not have an exemplar of his voice at that time, but they said that it was not GZ.

Yeah, I've seen that. I think that's too preliminary to rely on.

octobermoon
04-11-2012, 04:34 PM
JMO, I think I would feel kinda sorry for someone who was court appointed to do nothing but be GZ's personal babysitter.

He apparently doesn't like advice. IMO JMO Should be interesting if he is charged to see what he will decide. (I haven't seen anywhere another lawyer has been retained.)

Isabelle
04-11-2012, 04:34 PM
Considering how the case was handled by SPD originally, and knowing that GZ seemed very interested in LE, think he had any friends at SPD?

codecracker
04-11-2012, 04:35 PM

reading the Florida Statues....I am not sure he can be charged with the 1st Degree Felony....it takes more then TM being under 18.....the aggravated manslaughter of a child 1st degree has more to do with child abuse

nursebeeme
04-11-2012, 04:36 PM
new thread: 17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #22 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=168628) doors closing here shortly and I don't want anyone to get their fingers smashed in the door :-)

(nurse blows whistle) attention: doors are closing... move on over:truce:

Phoenixfla
04-11-2012, 04:38 PM
Considering how the case was handled by SPD originally, and knowing that GZ seemed very interested in LE, think he had any friends at SPD?

It was not SPD decision initially to not press charges.

beach
04-11-2012, 04:40 PM
Link to Trayvon Martin Thread #22